Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was the American way on full display today.
Speaker 3: Truly one of the most extraordinary days in the history of the American presidency and a profoundly.
Speaker 2: Important day for the world.
Speaker 3: And hey, coming into today, I did not see that one coming, right. I mean, we had planned to talk about the President meeting with Selensky, getting the mineral rights deal done, et cetera. But what we saw on fold today is going to shape events for many many years to come, and shape them in a very positive way in ways far beyond I think what's being talked about right now. So looking forward to getting into that with you. Three or three seven, one, three eight, two, five five the number you can text us d An five seven, seven three nine. Of course, today's sound is king and we have a lot of sound to play for you from what unfolded in the Oval Office. If by now I'm sure you've seen some clips, you've heard some sound. Hopefully heard Ryan Schuling's great show if you're in the Denver market, he does it two to four every afternoon. What I did once I saw this story unfolding is I went back and I watched the entire Oval Office session, because most of these clips come from about ten minutes worth of action at the end, and believe me, every minute of it is worth it. Two you, and one thing we're going to do at some point in the show today, hopefully earlier and later, is we're going to play you the full ten minutes uninterrupted, which is a little challenging given our clock, but we're going to do that because there's something about watching it just unfold in hole. But I watched the entire I think it was about fifty five minutes of Zelenski and Trump in the Oval Office, and there was so much in there that's important. It helps explain what came at the end. But anxious to get your take and give you mine. Three or three someone three A two five five of the number text d A N five seven seven three nine if you have no interest in this life changing event today, truly unprecedented in the history of the American presidency. Then some local news of note it looks like Michael Bennett, Senator Bellow is thinking about running for governor. I assume, from the fact his staff leaked the story to Ernest Learning, very respected political reporter, expect at this point that Bennett is probably getting into the race. So we'll talk about that later. Raises a lot of interesting questions. What's the play here? So you're going to leave early and then Paulus points himself to his seat or appoints somebody else. But that will have to wait for another day because what happened today is going to, I think, have such a dramatic impact on the world right now. It's going to have a dramatic impact on the Republican Party nationally. Whether it carries over to Colorado, I don't think anybody can tell at this point. But let's start with some of the key sound. If you've heard it already, then you want to hear it again. If you haven't heard it, you really do need to hear it.
Speaker 2: And I play this just for kind of funny background.
Speaker 3: This is a cut one, uh, President Trump having a little fun with President Soelenski's appearance when Selensky showed up at the White House today.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's all dressed up today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so President Zelensky had showed up rather than in the T shirt, it looked like a similar garb but kind of a black sweater.
Speaker 2: I know some people have an issue with that.
Speaker 3: I've never had an issue at all with Selensky deciding to not wear a suit while his country is at war and in a combat mode.
Speaker 2: I get the point. I don't think it's disrespectful.
Speaker 3: And I thought the questioner of Zelensky on that today was disrespectful and that was out of place. Overall, I thought that Selensky went way over the line, and Zelensky was extraordinarily bizarrely disrespectful to Trump in a way that he had to know could not serve his people well.
Speaker 2: Which is really sad because you.
Speaker 3: Know, in my short lifetime, you know, outside of our amazing American armed forces, it's very hard to point to people around the world. You'd have to put, you know, the Ukrainians right up there with the Israelis, obviously with the Americans, etc. In terms of their ability and willingness to fight bravely to the end. So the Ukrainian people have been among the elite in the world, you know, as fighters, and they deserve everybody's admiration. And one thing that's getting missed here is President Trump in the earlier stages of that fifty five minute meeting, the ones that aren't getting much press, you know, he went out of his way to praise the bravery and courage.
Speaker 2: Of the Ukrainian people.
Speaker 3: He was extremely polite that way, which made it even more bizarre that Selensa he then decides to do the unthinkable and really self destruct because he went out of his way. When you watch the whole fifty five minutes, Selensky went out of his way several times to try to directly criticize Trump and contradict Trump and take Trump bonds. So as we start to get into the more complete sound, one of the things I think we have to keep in mind is the very real possibility that Zelensky came into that meeting intending to resign the presidency before this peace deal is signed. It may very well be that Selensky had decided that he was not willing to sign a peace deal which would give Ukrainian territory to Russia, and that he was going to resign before that deal was entered into, and that he was going to use this stage today to go after Trump and to go after JD.
Speaker 2: Vance.
Speaker 3: Because one thing that really struck me as I watched the whole thing is Zelensky appeared to me he planned it looking to go after Vance and then he's addressing Vance as JD and addressing Vance in a very condescending kind of way. So that appeared as I watched it unfold, very pre planned. So don't be surprised if that's the ultimate play that Selenski wanted to go out today taking shots at Trump and JD. Vance, which is really twisted when you think about it, because it's Europe, as I've been saying for many months on this show, it's Europe that abandoned Ukraine, and everybody should be upset that raw evil, I mean, he's satan. Putin is satan. That raw evil is going to win here to a certain extent and is going to get territory when Putin in fact, should be tried on war crimes and imprisoned for the rest of his life. So it's sick that Putin's going to gain anything here. But don't blame Trump. Trump's playing the hero here by ending the bloodshed. The reason that Putin satan on Earth is going to win here is because of Europe, because Europe would not stand up for Ukraine. And as I said in the very beginning, it was obvious the only way that Ukraine was going to be able to defeat this evil, no matter how valiantly it fought, and it has and it still is, was for Europe to prove it was willing to put boots on the ground. And Europe made it very clear early on that it would not. And so what do we have, As somebody commented, you know, Ukraine needed warriors and it got cheerleaders from Europe. So this was Europe's chance to stand up and protect its continent from the evil in Putin. Europe was unwilling to do it. That's why Putin is going to gain in this agreement. But do not blame Trump. None of this is Trump's fault. So when Zelenski today tried to start blaming Trump, tried to start lumping Trump in with Obama and Biden, because remember Putin didn't go into Ukraine when Trump was president. No, he went in when Biden was president. He went in and took Ukraine. Biden was president. He went in and took Ukraine when Obama was president and he went after Crimea. So it was so intellectually dishonest and bizarrely self destructive for the people of Ukraine. For Zelensky today to try to blame Trump for Crimea, that was weird. And so I'm so impressed with Trump, so impressed with JD.
Speaker 2: Vans.
Speaker 3: And that's another takeaway from me today, and that is that Trump did so much to advance world peace today, not just in Ukraine. That's going to happen right for the reasons we've discussed, not just in Ukraine but around the world, because think about the polar opposites. Evil around the world has been feasting on the Biden presidency because we didn't have a president, and so they've been feasting on that. It was even worse than not having a president. We had a president who they knew would not fight back. And so you go from that to Trump, who today not only took all the right positions, but Trump I thought was so in control. He had such a range, he had such a range of emotions, of abilities, of gears. Was you know, I talk about trial lawyers this way. I try a lot of cases. You have trial lawyers who are kind of one trick ponies. You know, they have one gear, and it may be a great gear, but they got one gear. And then you've got people who have multiple gears and they can handle a lot of different scenarios very well. Trump had multiple gears today in a very demanding situation against a very determined opponent, and Zelensky made himself Trump's opponent today. Trump didn't make Zelensky his opponent. And Trump was able to stay cool when that made sense, he was able to get angry when that made sense.
Speaker 2: He was able to be articulate throughout it.
Speaker 3: So if you're one of these many evil leaders around the world, and if you're one of our allies who runs and hides when they think it's better for them, you look at Trump today and and you're thinking you don't want to mess with him. And Jade Vance, by the way, took a big step I think toward locking up the nomination for twenty eight. Anyway, we're gonna come back, dive into the sound and just to get your take. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine You're on the Dan Caplas Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplass show podcast.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about the kind of diplomacy that's going to end the destruction of your country.
Speaker 5: Yes, but if you have a president.
Speaker 6: With respect, I think it's disrespectful for you to come into the Oval Office to try to litigate this in front of the American media. Right now, you guys are going around and forcing conscripts to the front lines because you have manpower problems. You should be thanking the president for every to bring it into this.
Speaker 7: Company, let them into Ukraine.
Speaker 2: That you say, what problems we have? I have been to you.
Speaker 6: Come on, I have actually I've actually watched and seen the stories and I know what happens is you bring people, you bring them on a propaganda tour. Mister president, are do you disagree that you've had problems? What bringing people in your military?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 6: Do you think that respect alants to come to the Oval Office in the United States of America and attack the administration that is trying to prevent the destruction of your kind of a.
Speaker 7: Lot of questions, Let's start from the biggest or fist of all. During the war, everybody has problems, even you. But you have nisos and don't feel now, but you will feel it.
Speaker 2: In the issob? What an sob? I'm sorry, listen.
Speaker 3: I have ultimate respect for the Ukrainian people, ultimate respect, and Putin is satan. But what Zelensky was doing today had nothing to do with serving the Ukrainian people. This had to do with serving Zolensky. And I don't know if he's planning to get out right now, like in the next week or two or three, But this was all about Zelensky after the presidency, right, It's all about when he goes and lives wherever he's going to live in Europe and goes on whatever book tours he goes in on whatever career he goes into. Next was z Lynsky coming into the Oval Office of the United States to try to humiliate the president and Vice President in front of the world, to blank that guy. I'm sorry, and that has nothing to do with Ukraine. The Ukrainian people deserve our utmost admiration and the Ukrainian people deserve better than what they're going to end up with here. But that's the fault of Europe. Europe would not stand up to Putin and there shouldn't be a single American boot.
Speaker 2: On the ground.
Speaker 3: Money fine, as long as the money, has a plan to win, but that's never what Biden was doing. And so yeah, the people of Ukraine deserve much much better. But President Trump's being a hero here to stop the killing. And when you watch the full fifty five minutes of this today, one thing that really jumped out at me is that that Trump has this sincere concern and he mentioned the parents of the kids who are dying. You know, he has a sincere concern for all the parents on both sides whose children are dying two thousand alone last week. This is not an equivalence in my mind. You know, Russia is evil here and Ukraine is the innocent victim being raped and pillaged.
Speaker 2: There's not an equivalence. But that's not.
Speaker 3: Trump's fault, and Trump is in a unique position to try to stop the killing. So what Zelensky today did, I think was one of the most selfish things I've ever seen any world leader do, because all he did was hurt his own people so he could make himself into some big, tough guy for his next career.
Speaker 2: That's sick stuff.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you so impressed because you know, you think about how Trump and Vance performed in that situation. That's not easy, and they did it extraordinarily well. And it was great for the United States because if you had allowed Zelensky or anybody else to come into the Oval office and attack and in very dishonest ways to attack our president and vice president and get away with it, that would have invited so much more war. That would have that would have undermined peace through strength. But they were tested today, Trump and Vance, and they passed the test brilliantly, and the world's going to be better off for it. And the world will be better off when Zelensky is off the stage, because the Ukrainian people deserve so much better than Zelenski. Eight five five or zero five eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. Let's get some more of this hot sounding and then I think what we're going to try to do. We're going to try to you maybe the five oh six segment, to play the full minutes at the end together, because there is so much impact there that I really want you to hear. So as Trump jumps in, Trump jumps in, let's go to cut five.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you Putin went through a hell of a lot with me.
Speaker 4: He went through a phony witch hunt where they used him in Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia. You ever hear of that deal?
Speaker 2: There was a phony.
Speaker 4: That was a phony Hunter Biden, Joe Biden scam, Hillary Clinton, shifty Adam Schiff who was a Democrat scam, and he.
Speaker 2: Had to go through that, and he.
Speaker 4: Did go through it.
Speaker 2: We didn't end up in a war. And he went through it.
Speaker 4: He was accused of all that stuff.
Speaker 2: He had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: It came out of Hunter Biden's bathroom. He came out of Hunter Biden's bedroom. It was disgusting. And then they said, oh, oh, the laptop from Hell was made by Russia, the fifty one agents. The whole thing was a scam and he had to put up with that. He was being accused of all that stuff.
Speaker 2: And then Trump goes on with Selensky cut six. Please r All I can.
Speaker 4: Say is this, he might have broken deals with Obama and Bush, and he might have broken them with Biden.
Speaker 2: He did maybe maybe he did.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened, but he didn't break them with me.
Speaker 2: He wants to make a deal. I don't know if you can make a deal.
Speaker 4: The problem is I've empowered you to be a tough guy, and I don't think he'd be a tough guy without the United.
Speaker 2: States are very brave. But you're either going to make a deal or we're out.
Speaker 4: And if we're out, you'll fight it out.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Pretty, but you'll fight it out.
Speaker 2: But you don't have the cards. But once we.
Speaker 4: Sign that deal, you're in a much better position. But you're not acting at all thankful.
Speaker 2: And that's not a nice thing. I'll be honest, that's not a nice thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And one of the things that was weaving throughout all of this today is Lynski was publicly insisting that the US give a security guarantee as part of the mineral rights deal, meaning hey, we're gonna have US troops, We're gonna have US troops on the ground in Ukraine. And Trump was not willing to go there right now. And so yeah, and then that part, and we'll play it again in the next segment where's the Lyinsky then starts lecturing Trump and dvance because Trump says and said today, hey, we've got this ocean between US and Europe, and so it's it's you know, NATO, and NATO needs to step up. The European countries need to step up. And then Selinsky starts lecturing Trump in dvance on oh, you think you have your ocean and I'm paraphrasing here, but your ocean isn't going to protect you, et cetera. And that's when Trump really jumped in and fired up, as he should have. So again, what do you think grind My premise is Selinsky came in today knowing that he is not going to be president for long, probably intending to never be the one to sign the peace deal, and that he was just trying to position himself for his next career because what he did today was not intended to help the people of his country, the great people of his country.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have to agree or analysis is sound. It's the only thing that really explains it, because why else would he go in there behave the way that he did. He's on our turf, he's a guest at our White House with our president, and he kept interrupting President Trump. It was really beneath the office of President of Ukraine. And I thought Trump, all things considered, measured himself and kept this cool rather well, and even when he was ursed with Zolenski. He was very pointed and specific about what his problems were there, and I just don't know why Zelensky felt the need to hash all that out on camera in the public eye.
Speaker 3: I think it goes back to my theory that none of this for Zelensky today was about helping the Ukrainian people. I think it was about positioning Zolensky on the world stage, elevating him among Trump haters, elevating him in Europe, at the cost of the Ukrainian people, And the Ukrainian people deserve a lot better than that. Three or three someone three eight, two five five more that sound when we come back on The Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What a day literally never.
Speaker 3: A day like it an American presidential history, one of the finest days in American presidential history. And how great for the American people to be able to see that on fold and be able to see just how sharp and strong and adept both Trump and JD.
Speaker 2: Vance are.
Speaker 3: I think that's going to make the world a safer place, and I think it's really going to help the GOP and its candidates, and the other way it's going to help, right, is that Democrats can't help themselves. So Democrats are already out there calling this one of the worst things they've ever seen, which will further distance the Democrats for American people, because I'll bet you eighty twenty in America, whether they admit it or not, the American people love this today in part because guess what, this issue was litigated in the last campaign. The American people do not want war in Ukraine. The American people don't want an ongoing war in Ukraine. Trump ran on that clear contrast with the Democrats of wanting to bring peace now.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, this is a great, great day for the world.
Speaker 3: In many ways, and really good to be able to see the real Zelenski, which is such a disappointment because the Ukrainian people.
Speaker 2: Deserve so much better.
Speaker 3: Three or three someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. Before we go back to the sound, and I assume you've already heard some of this since it became big news in a hurry, but we'll replay a lot and then one thing we're going to do that you have not had a chance to experience, probably on any newscast anywhere is We're going to play the full ten minutes of the hottest part of the meeting together so you can hear it continuously. I think there's really added value, and that's all in this segment a little bit early so that we can get the full ten minutes in for you in.
Speaker 2: The next segment.
Speaker 3: A few of the text I want to get to Dan, you must have been watching a different meeting than I was. Embarrassing and uncalled for performance by Potus and VP up against the victim of Russian aggression. Boy, I wish that person would call the show. I'd really like to have the conversation because I don't think respectfully they could rebut a single one of the points that I've made so far in the show today, and there's no doubt about Russian aggressions and understatement. This was an evil rape and pillage of Ukraine by perhaps the most evil leader in the world in Putin. But that's not Trump's fault. That happened under a Biden. Trump right now is just trying to stop the bloodshed and the fact that Europe would not step in and give Ukraine the support boots on the ground it needed to have a chance against Russia. Yeah, that's on Biden for its starting. That's on Europe for not being willing to support the people of Ukraine. But boy, I think Zelensky really hurt his own people's cause today. But I don't think that was his priority. I think he was there for himself and for the next twenty or thirty years of his life, being the hero who stood up to Trump in the Oval Office, even though it screwed his own people. Dan, the exchange today made me feel a Texter says like trump advance rocket launched the United States into the atmosphere, the ultimate superpower on this planet that from no code, Dan, Dan, you are right.
Speaker 2: If you watch the.
Speaker 3: Entire press conference, Trump was incredibly measured and even gracious while he let Selensky ran for a while, while Trump seemed as he was genuinely there for the deal.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 3: And I know you probably don't have time this weekend, but if you do, sit down and watch the full fifty minutes, just google it up on YouTube.
Speaker 2: It's hard to find.
Speaker 3: I'll try to post it to at Dan Caplis on Twitter, the full fifty minutes and you can see how patient Trump was, how he kept his cool for so long, but Zelensky was determined not to let Trump keep his cool. I mean, it was a remarkable, remarkable mistake by Zelensky. Again, I think it was intentional by Zelensky, but a mistake in terms of his own people. Texter says, Dan, the Ukrainian people are the real criminals. And you know it that Texter is either mentally ill or inebriated or tongue in cheek, because I don't think any reason person can look at the Ukrainian people and say there anything other than incredibly strong and courageous. And again, they deserve much better than what Selensky gave him today. They deserve much better than being invaded by Putin. But what Selensky gave them today was a grave disservice to a great people.
Speaker 2: Eric from Wheatridge, you're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 9: Welcome Dan, Hi, Dan, thanks for having me on. Sure, I just wanted to give you my point of view. I am not a Zolensky guy. I was thinking that maybe Chum coming in had some dirt on him, like graft Wise, that he was going to use to in his negotiations. But it doesn't seem like that is the case. I just wanted to say, don't you think that Dolensky's actions could be those of a man who is passionately into the fight for his country.
Speaker 2: No? No, And here's why.
Speaker 3: Because if you are passionately into the fight for your country and and your sole purpose is to make sure that your people prevail and get the best deal possible, the last thing you would do is to come into the Oval office and intentionally repeatedly criticize Trump, contradict Trump, mock Trump. No, if you cared about your people, that's the last thing you do. Because tell me this, Eric, how is that approach supposed to help you the Ukrainian people?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 9: I uh, did he think he.
Speaker 3: Was going to bully Did he think he was going to bully Trump into a better deal?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: I think I think like you're right about him going in there with a kind of madman's attitude, or I mean, you're you're you're saying that he is, that he'd want wants to you know, fields and all that stuff. But I just wanted to make the point, and it might be a silly one given a totally different context, but church you know Churchill, one that's said one that said, well, you know, we're bound to lose the war, so we might as well make a deal, now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And is that reference? Is that reference to Trump or Zelensky? The Churchill reference?
Speaker 9: You know, I've heard a lot of comment peters say saying that the starting point is Ukraine is not going to win the war, so they need to they need to make a deal. But that's not a very.
Speaker 3: Right But let's go back to and and thank you for raising Churchill. Let's go back to that example. Churchill knew that he needed the United States of America for his nation to survive, right and uh, just like Zelensky does. And the last thing in the world Churchill ever would have done was to come in and sit down with FDR in front of the national media and to ridicule FDR, to criticize FDR, to blame FDR for the plight of England.
Speaker 2: It's suicidal.
Speaker 3: It's the last thing Churchill would have done.
Speaker 9: I'm sure you're right about that.
Speaker 3: But no, I appreciate the call, Eric, thank you so much for that, and I hope you have a good weekend. I truly believe just looking at it right now, it has to be one of two things. In my mind, it has to be either Selensky snapped right, Zelensky just had a psychotic break and he lost control of himself, and he just started saying a lot of things that he's been thinking and angry about, no matter what the.
Speaker 2: Cost to his country.
Speaker 3: So it's either that or it's I think infinitely more likely Selinsky realizes that the war is over and Putin is going to win in too much because Europe did not back Selenski, and Zelensky is looking at his future. He's a relatively young man right, looking at his future, and his future is going to be in Europe, probably not a lot of his time in Ukraine, it's going to be in Europe. And so he's positioning himself as a hero in Europe, a hero across Europe who stood up to Trump in the Oval office, mock Trump criticized Trump, Paul Trump, he was wrong about things. So I think this was all about Zelensky. And remember, this is a guy what magazine was it Vanity Fair or one of the other ones, or was it any leebo its whoever? This is a guy, Zolensky who did a glamour shoot at the beginning of the war, you know, with one of the big magazines and one of the big glamour photographers. So I think that's what today was all about with Zelenski and what a grave disservice to the people of Ukraine. Let's hit this brake, we'll come back and we'll play that ten minutes in close to its tirty.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Glad You're with us.
Speaker 3: I had wanted to play the full ten minutes segment in this break, but I went a little long in the last one, and so let's save it for five oh six. Okay, But I think you're really going to want to hear the full ten minutes together. And if you can't stay and listen to it on the show, then sometime over the weekend dig it up, because just watching the whole ten minutes at the end consecutively really really powerful, and you know, we're playing well put together cliffs, but I think you want.
Speaker 2: To see that the thing as a whole.
Speaker 3: And then what you really want to see you probably won't have time for it, but you really want to see is the full fifty five minutes the entire Oval office session.
Speaker 2: You'll be so impressed with President Trump.
Speaker 3: And if you're already angry with Selensky as I am, you know you'll be more angry with him and even more impressed with Trump if you watch the full fifty five minutes. And the reason I'm angry with them is the Ukrainian people deserve better. In my heart, and God forgive me if I'm wrong, I may be, but in my heart I believe that today Zelenski was just trying to posture for his future career at.
Speaker 2: The expense of the Ukrainian people.
Speaker 3: Because first he was wrong on substance when he's contradicting Trump and taunting Trunk and mocking jd Vance. And second, it's just very, very bad for the Ukrainian people. But I was talking about the break, and then we'll go back to the phone lines I was talking about before the break, about my personal belief watching this today that Zelensky's trying to set himself up for his next career be some hero of Europe for taking Trump on in.
Speaker 2: The Oval Office.
Speaker 3: Remember this is a guy, and thanks to the Texters who texted in on this, this is the guy Zelenski who just a few months into the war while his people his brave Ukrainian people, what great fighters are just being killed.
Speaker 2: By the thousands.
Speaker 3: He sits down and poses for a photoshoot with Vogue and Annie leebo So if you don't think this guy is very much about Selensky and is thinking about his future and how he wants to be portrayed in his next career, I mean this is crazy.
Speaker 2: His people are out.
Speaker 3: Bleeding and dying in the trenches and he's posing for photos with any Leeboitz. Here's one photo and it's Selensky with his arms around his beautiful wife, and then the caption says, of course she is my love, but she's my greatest friend, etc.
Speaker 2: And then it goes on to.
Speaker 3: Say the first lady wears Ukrainian designers such as Better Sick, Savoya, the Coat, Kasha Trova, etc. So he's sitting down for some fashion shoot with any Leeboitz at the beginning of the war. So if you doubt for a second that as he was sitting in the Oval office today he was thinking about how he's going to be treated around Europe very soon when he leaves office. Yeah, yeah, consider my theory. I think it's the best one out there, right, Now, by the way, Ryan little trivia question and who who on this program was photographed by Annie Leeboitz?
Speaker 1: Not me?
Speaker 2: Huh not? You must have been Kelly then No, no, not Kelly. Not Kelly.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll give that some more thought. Okay, yeah, yeah, probably the only portraits she ever did that she didn't publish.
Speaker 2: So what would that what would that tell you?
Speaker 5: I don't know, there's a story here that you're not telling your.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no. We were out, you know, I was covering the O. J.
Speaker 3: Simpson trial and Annie Leeboitz asked to take some pictures and so, you know, but she soon found out that that I am I'm maybe the single least photogenic person in the world, which is really it's kind of appropriate because my wife and my daughter they're probably the two most photogenic people.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 3: But I mean, there has never been a good picture of me taken never. They can't even photoshop. But do we have a Justin from Littleton? Is he still with us?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, Well let's you still alive on Jack. Well, that's a good thing. You're on the Dan Kapla Show. Welcome Justin.
Speaker 10: Hey, Dan, He're right, I want to take a slightly different opinion here. I'm sure you guys have never been the Ukraine, don't have the Ukrainian I'm going to have. He just set the base here is the Lynsky was about to be murdered by poon on the first two three days of the war. They sent him special operators. I think either because of a Russian league or probably our Cia or something. That he wasn't assassinated. He could have left what's his name, President Ghani from Afghanistan and he slay out with a helicopter fal of gold the second Teleban came in. So I don't think he is that selfish to be honest. Now, did he handle everything right? Of course not.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, but thank you, and let's address that point first and then take all the time you want. I have praised Lensky in the past on this show multiple times, including for what you just referred to, and that the fact that, remember what happened at the beginning of the war. People say Trump is Putin's puppet. It's the opposite. I mean Putin went into Crimea under Obama, he went into Ukraine under Biden. He didn't go in under Trump. But remember it was Biden who tried to get Selensky out of there in the first two days, which would have handed the victory to Putin. So Biden offered Zelensky a flight out. So I praised Putin for stain that pardon me, not Putin. I would never praise him. He's Satan, He's the devil on earth. I praised Zelensky for stay then, But at the same time, listen, it's just one more quick thought, my friend, to your good question. If you want to look at that from a selfish standpoint, wait a second. If selfishly speaking, if Selensky had left the country, then he would have been he would have been humiliated and despised around the world. There's nowhere he could have gone. So even though it was dangerous to stay, you know, he also had some personal reasons to stay.
Speaker 10: Trip go ahead, please, man, I would say, you know, and Ghani would have been humiliated way and he wasn't. Nobody ever heard him again. So let's fast forward to the future. Right now, right, Ukrainians are dying five hundred one thousand a day, a Russian thousand and fifteen hundred a day. I get it, said, Zolensky said it. In my opinion, that deal was way too early. What they were saying about each other a week or two ago. Then he comes in really quick. It seemed like a very rush deal on Friday to come in to sign this mineral rights. That was too quick, right, Obviously they had emotions. He should have waited a little bit. In my opinion, they probably should have talked it out. Zolensky. Yes, the world stage, you know, Vogue whatever, it was a PR war from almost the beginning. Because he is the most supportive they could get the GDP and Ukraine's won thirty five hundred and four thousand a year, So lucky Hoody and you Dan, we weren't we weren't well, we weren't born in Ukraine. We'd probably you know, be dead in a hole when we were twenty.
Speaker 3: So you're doubting that his Vogue shoot was was just selfish and personal. How does his Vogue shoot help Ukraine?
Speaker 10: Like I said, it's a PR war almost from the beginning, right, he needed And I don't think that's he's worth. What's then he's worth like twenty thirty million?
Speaker 2: So is he rich?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Probably not.
Speaker 3: I don't like, I don't think that PR helps. Hey, you're welcome to stay. Justin and I don't want to catch off, but I have to take this hard break. Listen, Putin is evil, He's satan, He's the devil. Celenski hurt his own people today, I think, to advance himself and make himself look like a tough guy who stood up to Trump.
Speaker 2: Trump handled it beautifully. You're on The Dan Kapla Show.