Speaker 1: Good to see you, so excited to see you.
Speaker 2: Should see the equipment we're worrying which the listeners can see this. I mean you look like a cyborger.
Speaker 3: I know, you know what we got to look official though.
Speaker 2: Really cool.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the DNC.
Speaker 1: By the way, we're underneath a big statue of Michael Jordan. I think people want to know that. They want to, you know, understand the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: We have been laying the scene here at the DNC. Did you just get here today?
Speaker 1: I got here at first thing this morning, and I'm ready to go. I've been to well, I don't know six events already.
Speaker 2: My god, it's only midday.
Speaker 1: Well, it's busy, busy here, very exciting, good food, good people, good fun.
Speaker 2: And are you ready to win? I'll be there on tomorrow. Yes, oh excellent.
Speaker 3: They're not they're giving us speakers and drips and drop. So what is your message going to be tomorrow night?
Speaker 2: When you want? You can't. I can't. I can't give you this, you know, like you give me the vibe and give you a feel for it.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm shockingly I'm gonna endorse Kamala Harris for president and Tim Wallas for Vice president.
Speaker 3: Thought that was going to be in there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of excitement here.
Speaker 1: I mean it's about I think, you know, what I always talk about is a few things. One is, you know, pro freedom, right, I mean, protecting people's right to make their own decisions, whether it's your own decisions over your own body, who you love, who you marry, choice, all these things. And you know what you read. I mean, these are very personal things. Government shouldn't be involved. Get the government out of the bedrooms, get the government out of the libraries.
Speaker 2: Just let people do what they want to do.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting I think we heard some of that last night. We're going to hear it again tonight. That freedom is one of the themes here. Joy is the other theme. But you can understand where people who were deeply affected by government edicts on things like COVID vaccines would be like, wait a minute, wait a minute. I mean, can you see where that would be a little troublesome thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Donald Trump was hardcore on vaccinations, right, and I think in Colorado, you know, some people got vac some didn't, and that was their decision, so you know, didn't be a different stations of different things.
Speaker 2: But I think, you know, I think the science is there for.
Speaker 1: People to want to look at it. They can get faxter and how it's up to them.
Speaker 3: You're a businessman. And Friday night, Vice President Harris unrolled her first really big policy positions of economic issues. What do you think about what she's rolling out? What is your take on that so far?
Speaker 1: Well, look, you know, you compare the two right, and the part that I've been most critical on Donald Trump's is the tariffs, the big tariffs ten percent and then.
Speaker 3: We're in agreement on that. You know, we're an agreement on.
Speaker 2: Any governor twenty percent. He said. I mean, this is like and we just head back to school.
Speaker 1: You know, our kids are twelve and ten, so pretty much every item you're buying back.
Speaker 2: To school, you know, they're important, they're made, they would cost ten just ten to twenty percent more.
Speaker 1: Look, I think that one thing I like to see and I think that I hope the callin Harris talks about more. And there's some of that is how we can balance the budget, how we you know, how we can move towards balancing the budget. That's going to be important. I'd like to hear more of that I think both candidate should talk about that more.
Speaker 2: Franklin, Yeah, we've.
Speaker 3: Now found few areas of agreement Governor too.
Speaker 1: You know, it's it's also Congress's fault. Really, Remember Congress spends the money and the President obviously signs at the end of the day. But we also need to put pressure on members of Congress senators to be able to bring the budget into balance. Personally, believe in a balanced budget amendment to our federal Constitution. I sponsored a bipartisan when I was in Congress.
Speaker 2: Colorado has that really funny audience rebult budget. You're in Colorado, we have to It's no big deal if there are a.
Speaker 3: Level of seriousness, because one of my frustrations as a Republican is that the Republican Party used to pretend to be the party of fiscal responsibility. The deficit exploded during Donald Trump. So is there a measure of seriousness? Do you feel like that is something that the Democratic Party is ready to tackle, because there's so many moving parts to that that we're not going to get into here that make it challenging for someone running for reelection to say I'm not bringing home the gravy.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, Mandy and like, yes, traditionally, historically the Republicans who were more the party of fiscal responsibility.
Speaker 2: This leaves that, you know, the Donald Trump sort of free.
Speaker 1: Spending policies leave a huge opening for Democrats to talk about reducing our deficit, bringing our budget in balance. I mean a lot of the projections around even what the terrorists will bring in are totally fictitious.
Speaker 2: Uh, They're not going to bring in money.
Speaker 1: And in fact, there retaliatory terrifts are going to destroy American jobs for maid in America, growing in America products and produce. So yeah, I hope that that enters a dialogue more huge opening for the Democrats to be the party of fiscal responsibility, an area that used to be more publican turf.
Speaker 2: Is that possible though?
Speaker 3: When Friday Night Vice President Harris rolls out free money for a house, you know, we're going to try price caps or profit caps on grocery stores, which would wherever those have been tried, they have not been successful. I mean long term, they talk about destruction to a market.
Speaker 1: Well, no, Look, I'm against price controls, and I think and Kamala Harris is against price controls.
Speaker 2: There's nothing un a plan that had that.
Speaker 1: This talked about anti trust investigations into.
Speaker 2: Price fixing a very different thing. Do I think it occurs, perhaps rarely, and it should be investigated. It's a crime.
Speaker 1: It's like dumping a product under cost when there are breakdowns in the market mechanism, when somebody is a monopoly or an oligopoly. Oligopoly can co op the market for their own advantage. Of course there needs to be an anti trust investigation. I hope that's something that Democrats are Republicans can agree on. Price controls bad idea. Kamala Harris is against them, I'm against them. I assume Donald Trump is against them.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean she did say she wants to cap insulin prices, so that is a price control, right.
Speaker 1: Well, we've done it in Colorado. I mean it's a little bit newhunced Manny. We cap the out of pocket cost of insulin, and that's what somebody pays for it. You still have an insurer paying for it, you have other agencies that are paying for it. So when we're really talking about and I need to look at what she's proposing, I assume it's similar to what Colorado's done, and I think there's up to twenty some states that have done it, and the.
Speaker 2: Premise of that is for most people. You know, if you're a diabetic, that's not your fault. You need insulin. Oh yeah, we should, We should.
Speaker 1: We should reasonably cap the out of pocket I think at Colorado's fifty bucks a month, something like that, and a national policy to do something similar I think would be welcomed by diabetics across the country and it would be a good thing. It doesn't mean that in any way it's a price control. It's simply who pays for it, and the state insurance should pay for the remainder above the fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: I mean my thing is is why can't we find a way to incentivize biologic companies to make this insulin? I mean, is there any way to use a carrot instead of a stick, or or pass the tax that passed that cost onto insurers, which ultimately then pass it on to everybody.
Speaker 1: Percent It should be far cheaper than it is period. I mean, we could get into the problems with the FDA, the problem with sort of the monopolies they're given to the big farmer companies. Look, yeah, insulin is inexpensive.
Speaker 2: To make, and not only the out of pocket costs.
Speaker 1: The total cash should be under fifty dollars a month, right, So, I mean it's ridiculous that the total cost is hundreds of dollars a month, no matter how you parse it. But yeah, and I do hope and I think that Kamala Harris will take on big farm and hopefully address some of those drivers.
Speaker 2: Different states have played around with that.
Speaker 1: Utah California. They both looked at hey, do we contract for production of insulin?
Speaker 2: Do we create our own facilities?
Speaker 1: How do we break out of this market that isn't working because of the FDA enforced monopolies.
Speaker 3: Last question, how is the DNC group from Colorado? How they have to be excited? I was talking at the RNC that the tone I thought if Joe Biden was the candidate would be much different. The level of excitement here is really really high. What are you hearing from the Colorado delegation or if you had a chance to even speak to any of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hung out with some of them this morning and they are excited, and as you indicated, they're excited.
Speaker 2: About Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, these are folks that of course were backing Joe Biden and they'd vote from Refu as a candidate.
Speaker 2: But I think there's an excitement level there around Kamala.
Speaker 1: People that are willing to knock more doors, to make more calls, to donate more. People are excited about a new face, a new generation, a new opportunity, the energy that she's infused in the campaign, with a whole vision of saving people money and protecting our freedom. It's really exciting for Colorado's and for Americans.
Speaker 3: All right, that's Governor Jared Poulis. I appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: Always pleasure Mandy.
Speaker 3: Do you get busy doing your other stuff?