Speaker 1: Minnesota Goodbye is now officially the number fourteenth ranked podcast on the iHeartRadio app. Really no, I made that up, But that sounds impressive, doesn't it. If we were number fourteen out of all of the podcasts in the world on the iHeart radio app, that'd be pretty fucking cool.
Speaker 2: That would be pretty good.
Speaker 1: But we're we're not. I don't know what we're ranked, but I know we do very well.
Speaker 2: We do well.
Speaker 3: I just like they have huge podcasts from like celebrities on the iHeart app and stuff, so compared to some of those, I don't know what we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we're We're probably not going to do better than something like you know, Barstool Sports or.
Speaker 2: Which one last cult ristas it's one of the biggest podcasts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not gonna do that well, but we do very well, and I really thank you. I appreciate that. I think it's kind of like a hidden little gem of the podcast world because there's probably no other podcast quite like the Minnesota Goodbye Ye where three idiots read emails from other idiots.
Speaker 2: Probably a ton of podcasts out there, but.
Speaker 1: I think it too, right. Yeah, So anyway, let's dive in with another email from another idiot. Now I'm joking. It's a joke. It's a joke. Neil writes in from Atlanta, says, Dave, you've been talking about things you do in the winter to get you through it and made me think about what I did before break day was talking about how skiing and snowboarding is not really as fun as people think it is. The drive, the prizes, etc. Yes, that situation doesn't sound like fun, but I will say that Skien is the thing that got me through the dark, gray Minnesota winters when I lived there. I got my kids into skiing. They eventually joined race teams, so we were at the hill four to five days a week.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Instead of sitting in the chalet, I decided to skien. It was exactly what I needed to get through the winter. I was outside and being active and sometimes Skien in the dark, essentially alone is surreal and calming. I would agree with that one because I did a twenty four hour snowboard marathon at Buck Hill fifteen or so years ago. That meant middle of the night, they kept one lift going and I snowboarded all night and being alone on the slope at two am. Yeah, was kind of calming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can imagine, especially because you're surrounded by like all of the snow, and like the lights are kind of, you know, weird, very sort of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure it would be lovely.
Speaker 4: I've never skied or snowboarded in my life, but I have been outside in snow.
Speaker 1: There's a step right there. You've been outside of the snow.
Speaker 2: That's good at nighttime.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Neil goes out to say, either way, I was addicted and ended up going almost every day and got one hundred and four days in in the twenty nineteen twenty twenty season. Either way as a lifelong hobby, and it helped me with the good old Minnesota seasonal depression. Love the show and podcast as always all the way down in Atlanta, the atl That's what I mean, Neil is it likes the podcast well enough that he listens even in another state. Yeah, I will kind of stick to, you know, personally, for me, I just maybe it's because I was never really very good at skiing and snowboarding, and every time I go, i'd kind of look forward to four thirty. Do you know what four thirty means? Lift lines close? Oh, and I'd be like, Okay, it's one o'clock all right, that means a couple of more are hot, or because I just didn't really enjoy it that much.
Speaker 4: So when I drive when I'm visiting trip in Northfield and I'm driving back up north through like Lakeville, I pass a giant like ski slope mountainey Hill.
Speaker 1: Where is this again?
Speaker 2: It's so when I'm driving up from Northfield back up to here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm going through Lakeville, I don't know what's passing buck Hill?
Speaker 2: Is that visit buck Hill?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Right is Highland?
Speaker 1: You can't see Highland from the freeway really right next to the freeway.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, but it'll be dark and there will be people snowboarding and skiing. So does that how can they do that if with lights on?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, but I'm saying if the if the little cart like closes at four.
Speaker 1: Thirty, oh, I'm sorry. So on most like breck and Ridge or Spirit Mountain, they don't have night skiing, so they close. Yeah, they close special, and they close a little bit early because they want to get everybody off the slopes before it gets dark. So they'll close like an hour or so before dark to make sure, everybody's off the slopes, but what's the There's a terrible, terrible movie where like four people get stuck on a ski lift for they close for the season. For the season, they think they've gotten everybody off the ski lift. I think it's called Frozen, because I get to I think it's called Frozen, and it's a terrible movie. But there's four people that get stuck on a ski lift and there's actually a good explanation about how nobody notices they're stuck on the ski lift.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Then they got to figure out how to get down and there are wolves involved. Oh geez, yeah, Frozen.
Speaker 4: Climb up the you climb up it, and then you zipline down because.
Speaker 1: You happen to have a zipline equipment in.
Speaker 4: The take one of your jackets, take it off, and then.
Speaker 1: You would never be able to survive in the wild Realize this. Who could survive in the wilderness the longest?
Speaker 2: Not you, Jenny.
Speaker 1: I can start a fire with you know, I mean, I don't know. I've watched Survivor a lot. Right, Let's move on, thank you, Neil. Let's go to Sydney. And this is an important email and I want to let you know, you know, we might need your help on this one. Dave Jenny Bailey. I know it's not something you can control, but I'm reaching out to my fellow DRS fans to see if anybody else is having issues with their Apple car play since the new iHeart app updated. I'm listening to the podcast, and about ten minutes into the Minnesota Goodbye, my entire car play glitches and turns off. I get to disconnect and reconnect to get the podcast playing again. It started happening after the iHeart update. But maybe they're not connected. Maybe it's just coincidence and I have an iPhone six. Maybe it's my signed to upgrade. Oh well, at least I have an iPhone on like baying. Thanks for passing along my concerns. Curious to know if I'm the only one staff writer Sidney H Sidney, nobody else has mentioned that, but that doesn't mean it's not happening. So if that's happening with you, please let us know. Yeah, because that is something we would definitely want to know about because we want to make the show as easy as listen to as possible. Just Seller Rtesin loved hearing you guys mention the new Robbie Williams movie on the show today. Just want to drop a little psa. The movie is in theaters now. Not a ton of showings though, because let's be honest, Americans don't seem to fully appreciate how ridiculously talented Robbie is. I've been a mega Robbie fans since I was thirteen, growing up in Latin America, where he is a huge deal. Fun fact, the US seems to be the only place on the planet where he's not treated like royalty anyway. I saw him Vegas in twenty eighteen twenty nineteen and even did a meet and greet. I was so starstruck I completely blacked out the whole interaction, no memory whatsoever. Luckily, Robbie himself saved the day by posting the entire interaction on his YouTube channel few weeks ago. Watching it back one of the best moments of my life. So word of advice, you ever have a chance to meet your favorite artist, do it. Don't overthink it, don't hesitate, just go for it. You'll thank yourself later, even if you totally embarrass yourself like I did. Cheers to Robbie and thanks y'all for talking about him. Keep doing the great work like you always do. Thank you. Just sella Robbie Williams is a international superstar but almost an unknown in America, right, and he was big in the I mean I don't know when he was peaking, but I think probably around the age of like ninety eight to two thousand issh. Yeah, and he had a single here in America, but it didn't go anywhere. We played it briefly, but it didn't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: But he was, yeah, big, big stuff over in the UK apparently. So now I want to see that movie just because he's a monkey. I think that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Did you watch the Have you seen the trailer? No, watch the trailer because it actually I think it takes away from the fact that that way, he never ages during the movie. And also then you don't sit there and stare at him and judge how attractive he because he's a monkey, Because he's a monkey the whole time.
Speaker 2: I'm cute monkey though, yeah.
Speaker 1: Next one from Rebecca. Longtime listener, first time writer Dave. I've been listening to your show for about twenty five years. Thank you. You've been a part of my mornings. Ever since I can remember. First off, my fiance works for the city of chan Hassen. I've asked him if you've seen Dave around. He said nope. I told him, if you ever had a water issue at your house, he better be good. Better take good care of you. You're welcome. Well, thank you. I've seen the show through many transitions, but I will say the hardest transition for me was when Fallon left. It took me a very long time to get used to the new dynamic. Bailey and Vaughan have been wonderful additions, and Jenny, you're my absolute favorite.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: Lastly, I have a question. Like I said earlier, I've been listening so long, however, I just started listening to the Minnesota Goodbye in the last year. What the fuck does dart Lick mean? I have a guest, however, I'm kind of curious to hear how you would describe it. Thanks for your time, love y'all. Rebecca, who wants to answer the question this time and explain how dart Lick came into being not I feel like.
Speaker 3: It has to be you because neither of us were part of that when it happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was four or five or six years ago. Somehow, because we'll talk about anything on the show get Ready on the Minnesota Goodbye, yet it somehow came up eating ass, and Steve is Steve when he was on the show. Steve was a very sexually naive person. Steve was kind of the and I love Steve, but I felt bad for Christy because I think Steve was one of those people who thought the lights always had to be off, and you know, you take a shower before and after, and I think Steve was that way. I don't know. So somehow eating ass came up, but I don't remember how it came up. God knows, probably fall and brought it up, I don't remember. And Steve said exactly how do you eat ass anyway? And I said, I don't know. Dart lick, dart lick, dart lick. And we laughed our asses off because it was so stupid. And so somehow that became one of the signature lines on the Minnesota Goodbye. It's like an inside joke, like a code word.
Speaker 3: I would say, almost a catchphrase.
Speaker 1: Yes, And we had shirts made up of the Minnesota State fairry year or two ago, and they sold really well, dart Lick.
Speaker 2: And goes out there and get the people in the know were like, I want one for sure.
Speaker 1: I think the funny thing was if you're wearing it out to home depot and you're walking down the hammer aisle and somebody comes the other way and they read your dart Lick shirt and they get it, they'll be like, oh, Minnesota goodbye. Next we they say right off the bat, don't say my name. I'm listening to the Minnesota Goodbye. Oh did we do this one about swingers? Did we talk We talked about swingers. Yes, yeah, okay, and they talked about how my husband and I have been to multiple house parties, hotel takeover parties. That everything that was out okay, thank you. I don't know why I didn't delete it, and let's check on this.
Speaker 3: I want it because you wanted her contact to get you.
Speaker 1: No, I know why I didn't delete it. Do you want to know why she has an unusual name?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I looked her up on Facebook, but there are fifteen people with the same because I wanted to see what a swinger looked like. What do you picture a swinger looking like?
Speaker 3: You know? Michelle has been on the show before.
Speaker 1: I can't picture her though. She's attractive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's attractive because she's come up and said hi to us at the State Fair. She lives in Chicago, so she's not like local anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I think she used to be around here from around here, but yeah, she's attractive. I think she has like brown Ruddish hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I guess I had describer.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing about a swinger is you might picture somebody who's like, you know, got big old fake boobies and she's got platinum blonde hair, way too much makeup, and then her her husband is like a Jim Rat overly tan, muscle headed idiot with lines shaved in the side of his head. That's what I picture as swingers.
Speaker 2: That is not what I would picture.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I ask you, what do you picture when you picture a swingers?
Speaker 3: No, I picture a pretty average, like housewife like looking people. I know, not a housewife, because that's not the answer either, just kind of like average middle aged people. There's a show on Netflix, and I know I'm gonna get it wrong, but it's all it's this woman who was obsessed with this guy and Eventually they break up. She marries a husband, moves to the burbs of New York City, whatever that is, and she just misses this sex life. I think it's called sex life, honestly, And eventually I remember that one yes, she goes to a swinger party with her husband and it's all these like kind of wealthy people who are all attractive humans, and they are just going at it at these different parties, and then her husband gets a blowjob and she like kind of loses it because she was like really into it, but she's the one who like wanted to do all this and sure, so that I think.
Speaker 2: Is where I'm at.
Speaker 3: I don't imaly everyone to be these hot rich Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I imagine a gym teacher and his wife, like any gym teachers that you had in high school, and.
Speaker 1: That kind of tracks. I mean, I can kind of picture that. I think the thing about swingers is they look like your next door neighbor. Yeah, And I think that's kind of true because we knew some swingers and I'm not going to tell you how we knew them. But this is a long time ago, twenty years ago, when Allison was a little girl, her we're ninety nine percent sure that one of her friend's parents were swingers, and they were very average looking, not unattractive, but definitely not hot.
Speaker 4: Were they hot in high school? Because maybe that's been qualifyigh school. I'm just saying if they were hot in high school, that's that's what I would a picture for someone who's a swinger.
Speaker 2: If they're hot in high school. But now they're forty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were probably thirty ish back then, so they were they were attractive, but they were like whoa what? All right, moving on to the next one. Happy New Year to y'all while you're enjoying your much deserve holiday break. I was able to catch up on my podcast at the show, so needless to say, I didn't miss you too much and catch it up. I wanted to chime in on a few things you discussed earlier in December. Jenny, I think you the experience you discussed on the Minnesota Goodbye that you and Fallon went for your cleanses. I think the experience is kalonic cleanse Yes. It's most definitely a thing, a once or two a year type of experience, but it can help you get back on track. I don't know anything about your kalonic cleans.
Speaker 3: We just like a few years ago someone reached out and asked us to come in and try it. Okay now that yeah, yeah, and so yeah, we had just discussed it briefly, I think on an episode last month. So yes, it is a Kalana cleanse. I just forgot what it was called because we did it once and I never I was never going to do it again after that.
Speaker 1: Now, there's a famous scene from Nuttie Professor with Eddie Murphy where they're all sitting around the table and his mom says something like, I am thinking about going down and get in my calling Clint's thoroughly and uh, and then his dad is something like, how do you think you get a color on it? Cleants? Do you think you take your asshole by the car wash? And it's very funny and uh, maybe you remember that scene, a.
Speaker 3: Scene where they also farting at table.
Speaker 1: That's the only one I know classic Bailey. On the December eleventh episode, you talked about liking raising canes over Chick fil A. I don't know what the difference is between the two, but the only chicken I eat a Chick fil A is the spicy chicken sandwich, which is good but not the greatest. Ever, when I had Raising Canes, it was the blandest and most unsatisfying chicken I ever had. It could have been that one experience, but it completely turned me off of that one. I also recently had Zax Bees, which was also very disappointing. Anyway, I missed the chicken tender meal for McDonald's. I wish they would bring that back, but it was the It was a new meal that popped up pre COVID, and they took it away once COVID happened and it never came in.
Speaker 4: Yes, I remember the McDonald's ones. Those are chicken Selax. They were so good, but they were the worst thing for you on that entire menu. Because I remember looking it up. I always thought that Raisin Canes was the closest to Chicken Selects because their chicken strips were just like so moist and delightful. But the toast that they have at Raisin Canes tastes like heaven bread. It is so delicious, it really is. Yeah, Oh my god. The cane sauce, Yes, the cane sauce is so good. I just really like Raisin canes. I've had Chick fil A. I just don't care for them. And I had it once, maybe like thirteen years ago, and I have not had Chick fil A since. Okay, raisin canes. I think it's delicious. I think you might have had a bad batch.
Speaker 1: I love all of the Chicken restaurants and I there's one at the US Bank Stadium and I can't remember what it is, but they have different levels of like regular, medium and hot and I got it the other day when we were at the Vikings game and I got hot and so did Carson. And let me tell you, I like hot. It was hot, not like you couldn't eat it.
Speaker 2: Hot, sure, but hot. Ooh, So I want chick can know you guys.
Speaker 1: Sounds good. Dave mentioned on the Minnesota Goodbye twelve twelve episode that Susan had misplaced her wallet while shopping and she doesn't always carry a purse, and they go into quite an explanation about the promoting Apple air tags, and so I appreciate that one, so because I think that's a thing. If you misplace your wallet, you can just hang a little air tag on it and you know exactly where it is, or zip it inside a compartment so people don't know where it is. This guy says, I've got an AirTag on my keys. I had a case for my iPods to hold the tag, and I get a tag in my car when I park anywhere I can easily find it. They are, of course all my personal air tags and personal things. And I just thought to help your keep your wife, help her keep her cool next time she might misplace her wallet, which she does probably twice a year. That seems like a lot, it does. Yeah, Chris in Miami, thank you very much for that. We appreciate it, and I think that is about going to do it. Let me see. Oh there's one more. Laura writes in and this is Cookie. We know her as Cookie. She's a big supporter of the show. She goes on trash clean up on the freeway and she comes out to a lot of events and we love Cookie. She's super cool. Want to drop a line and say welcome back. You were missed, Bailey. I have the opportunity to go to Disney and Florida, and during the upcoming trip, I was on the fence because it seems like a bunch of lines and I don't like being that close to people. I don't want to breathe in strangers exhalations, but I decided I will go because of you, Bailey. Have everybody on the show write a few of those intro slogans that Natalie reads, but send them to Natalie directly and have it be a surprise for everyone and you listen together on the show. Maybe it could be a contest. Actually, maybe you've already done this bit. I mean, that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: We kind of I feel like we all have like sent them to you, Dave, and then you send them to Natalie. So a lot of times it is like new to most of us what we're gonna hear about ourselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, write that down. That might be kind of a funny idea if we each and anonymously, like separately sent our ideas and then we played them back and then maybe people voted for the best ones. Yeah yeah. And then she also says life advice, have an animal or pet? Yes, I love that. Glad to have you all back from Cookie Slash Laura. We love you, Laura, and we love.
Speaker 4: You cookie message me. I'll tell you where to go at Disney where there's less lines.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to know ye out of time, Minnesota, Goodbye. Email addresses Ryan Show at KDWB dot com