Speaker 1: Can't take it anymore. All she ever does is work, work, work, never pays attention to the old Minge. I'm always trapped in his stuffy pantsuits.
Speaker 2: I want attention a bloody.
Speaker 3: Board or stop your complaining.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to sleep back here. Oh who's that is that? You? Gary?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's me.
Speaker 2: You think you got it? Bad Orpah hasn't paid any attention to me in years. Oh what do you care? You're just an asshole. I'm a Minge.
Speaker 1: Ming just needs stimulation.
Speaker 4: Assholes need stimulation to your bastard kick air.
Speaker 2: Welcome to going down to South part of the podcast where we always have ourselves the time, but unfortunately we all our ideas. So we're gonna get a little high. I'm dando. I feel like you know, I know you're a big Towy fan. But I got to the end of this one and went, am I gonna be the only person in the were that didn't like this one? I went online. I was like, oh no, the people who made this did not like it. Yeah, but I was saying it's the worst episode. And I'm not just necessarily saying it's a bad episode, but it's just it could have been a lot better. Well, it just didn't feel like a south Park episode. First things.
Speaker 4: First, rumors of my Tally love have been greatly exaggerated.
Speaker 2: I liked, I liked Tally fine, you like you like what he does in his pastime.
Speaker 4: Correct, even I'm not, I'm not getting as much as I used to. But yeah, this, uh, this episode had very much kind of like we're winging.
Speaker 2: It to quality.
Speaker 4: I mean, even though they said, uh, this is our bank episode, this is kind of like, oh, well this is an idea we're just going.
Speaker 2: To have we do we do. That means we did some work in the before the season started so that we'd have to do any more extra work when it's time to get to that one. So I thought, we're getting in the bank, you've got something in the test, so we can take a week off basically correct, And they realized halfway through, oh shit, this is a good episode. We need to fix it. The bank has gone background. Yeah, our creatively way it has been. The thing is I'm watching this going. It definitely felt that way to me, not so much from a story perspective, but just from production value. So much of the episode was just a still shot of Oprah's minge yes, and this is them talking. I was like, it's just them doing voice screenshot. That was very much the guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, there's certainly stuff behind the scenes here that felt like, oh, you could have explored this a bit more, you could have done a bit more with it. But yeah, generally this feels like, ooh, I'm tired or little I don't want to have to work too hard this week. We've got that idea, let's run with it. Oh, you know, we're gonna have a little fun in the recording booth by just doing fun accents all that kind of business. But yeah, not's not a great episode according to dandel and Guy, and not according to Parker and Stone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're coming off the heights of like Cartoon Wars and you go into this.
Speaker 4: Well that means yeah, that feels like so much effort went into it, not just in terms of the imagination, in terms of coming up with it, but also the execution.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that felt like a movie. Those episodes felt really well directed. Yes, and a lot of them felt like action movie staff. And they felt hot a hot topic at the time too, like taking him pissed out a family guy and no one was willing to do that.
Speaker 4: I was looking up when the whole because this this mainly revolves around an author named James Frye and his memoir called A Million Little Pieces.
Speaker 2: Well, he's quote unquote memoir.
Speaker 4: He was a writer who came up with a story about his sort of struggles with addiction. All that kind of stuff made him very, very popular, and he went on Oprah and it sort of, yeah, this story is oh wow, profound and powerful, and it turns out that a lot of it he made up.
Speaker 2: It was actually based on something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of a lot of it he embellished. Yeah, and yeah, Oprah basically took him to town for that. She's like, come back on, well, yeah, I mean this episode is basically so she did that in real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: She initially went on Oprah's like, wow, fantastic. Sorry, Hey, thanks, Hey James, you suck.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 4: Although James, for I don't think I've got a lot of time this guy. He seems like an absolute hustler. Gotta love the player, You've got to respect the hustle. At the same time, I don't know how good he is a writer, but yeah, he's got an incredible work ethic, But He also seems one of those guys like you.
Speaker 2: Can make money with riding if you tell the right story. About the story. I actually thought it.
Speaker 4: Was quite like Talley. I don't know why game did.
Speaker 2: I thought it was quite genius of talit to Okay, I just changed how for a person. Well, it's funny.
Speaker 4: I mean, watching this, I was reminded of a good friend of mine who's a writer who wrote a whole house novel that's hard, and they were told by the publisher like, this is great. Memoirs are really big. Right now, we know that you've sort of taken inspiration from your life and your experiences and doing this. Are you able to reframe this as a memoir as about your actual life? Well, yeah, there's check in, sorry Rachelle. But yeah, so their book came out as a memoir. Look, I don't want to I don't want to speak for something I'm sort of I maybe misrememory. But I think they were kind of like, I don't know how I feel about sort of putting my name on this as like, yeah, this happened to me, or I did this as opposed.
Speaker 2: To based on true of it, because that's you know, novels used to be like that rage is like it writer's license.
Speaker 4: They just called creative license. Essentially, it's like, yeah, look, even if it didn't happen. Actually, as this, it's based on stuff that really happened to me, and I've taken a little distance from it just to save my own mental health or whatever. But now it's like, no, no, we need full disclosure. Tell us about all the worst things that happened to you so we can, you know, feed on it. But so this episode here apparently was originally going to be them, So the Tally thing was always gonna be the story, but it was going to be the town have an intervention for twit to getting off the drugs. And I guess they.
Speaker 2: Realized that there was no humor in that, or they didn't like the idea and they said, all right, we need to scrap that. And the Oprah one was a different and different idea they had, right, and they've sort of slammed them together, and I don't think they went together all that well, but so much of it was dedicated to Oprah. And I'm watching this and I got the feeling of did they realize that Tawi is such a one one note character? You can't really base a full twenty two minute episode on just him, so I had to pad it out with other stuff. Yeah, because the Minga and Gary stuff. By the way, is it weird that the ass was called Gary but had a female voice. Well, it sounded like a female Jamaican accent. To me, it sounded like a gay British voice. Okay, I thought Alto sounded Jamaican. That that I know, I thought Scottish. The Minji, yeah he said it. It seemed to me.
Speaker 4: I mean, have you ever seen the movie Dog Day Afternoon? Yes, Yeah, the dynamic of those two of min and Gary sounded a bit like al Pacino and yeah, it's kind of like I'm going for it on. I don't know about this, Yeah, but I don't know if it's actually in like British crime movies or something of that. But you've always got someone who's the real tough guy, and they're probably in some either straight up goa relationship or closeted sort of relationship where one's kind of like, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know about this, No, we're going to do it, and then we're off, never off to Paris, you know, when we'll be happy forever Gary Tower hold me min Yeah, so I just got to kick out of it that way. I mean I thought that stuff was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot that's really funny about it.
Speaker 2: It just felt like Parker and Stone, but it's having a hilarious time doing funny voices. Laugh. Yeah, especially with Gary. I thought it would have been I would have respected this episode more if the entire thing was just about Minjy and Gary. And then it's when you know, what, fuck you we're going to do this, because then you can appreciate it for life. There not without my an's kind of the absurdity.
Speaker 4: There was a Terrence Philip kind of not not an for you to the audience, but kind of like.
Speaker 2: We gave you what we gave you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gave you cartoon, which was really what you wanted, right, I mean, you've got a lot of carton, stuck with a lot of stuff with the other kids you've got, you didn't bit all that kind of business. And then next episode is just like.
Speaker 2: Wait, where are the kids? Where where is any character? Louis know, I know they left out all the main cast except for Tawi, right, but because Tawley's in it, I was watching this and viewing this as a south Park episode because he was in it, and now because of that, I'm going, oh, this isn't very good. If there was no Tally in it, I was watching it purely going Okay, I see what they're doing here. Yeah. I think I would have appreciated that more.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you'd be going the surprising a little south Park in the south Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't have cared like, Okay, well that's what they're doing. Yeah, they've gone off of But in saying that, though, I did really like Themingi in Gary. That was fun.
Speaker 4: That was fun because, as we said in the past, you know what's funnier than a funny voice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not it's not a bad episode. It's probably it's probably a bad south Park episode. But was I entertained? Yeah? I wasn't detained, but I was, But I was confused. I'm going, wait, is this what? What? What? What is the point of all this? But like I said, if it was entirely Mingy and Gary, I don't think I would have had the mindset of what's the point of all this? The point of it is there is no point?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But then what's the end to Ming and Garry without the Tawly thing. I mean, you can come up with a plot of that.
Speaker 2: Be sure.
Speaker 4: Somewhere there has to be some tenuous connection to the world of South Buck in some way.
Speaker 2: I mean, it could just be a takedown of Oprah in the entire well that's the thing.
Speaker 4: But yeah, not without not without Minus is Terrence and Philip, and Terrence and Philip is watched by.
Speaker 2: I guess like Tawley is the Terrence. Yeah, there's some connection to the south Back universe.
Speaker 4: But still it's very, very tense, and you feel that as a result.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, and maybe because they take too long to get to that part of it is Towley getting his book deal and stuff and being famous. Well that's yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean he sucks up at PF Changs because he's high on the job.
Speaker 2: He's I got to make some money because I got run. Yeah, it's realized by the way when I'm talk with my good friend Anthony and we sort of be making fun of things. Towley is the voice. Will use it. Yeah, that sounds really great. We'll do that. It's also your Squeaky Voice team it Squeaky Voice. Squeaky Voice fare from The Simpsons. You know that that's your voice for him?
Speaker 4: Okay, so yeah, nothing funny than a funny voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It decides to write his memo because he needs to make rent money, gets rejected, rewrites, it comes to.
Speaker 2: Success then Oprah. Yeah so yeah, so it's basically the first act betray him. Might have come out publicly and said that they hate this episode. They've said that there's some of the episodes they wish they could just delete from the catalog, and this is one of them. I think it's because that, you know, Parker in particular, I think will be a real perfectionist. Yes, and at the time probably felt like, you know, who cares. You know, we're getting paid do a funny voice, is having a good time, and then you reflect twenty years later and go, this is pretty sure.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is a blot on the resume. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think any creative person feels like it's like, oh, you know, you could have a fantastic sort of batting average or you know, hit record or whatever, but there's going to be one or two in there. It's like, oh man, that really let the side down. But I think this was just the snowball effect of having in the can thinking it was good and then realizing oh shit, and scrapping something together last minute. That's what That's what's happened here. Yeah, it's not a bad idea, it's just it's just the idea. It's just I feel like these two stories should have been separated. I feel like, if you're going to have an episode with Minjy and Gary, either have it just that or you at least need to have the boys involved. So it doesn't feel like it's why we spend so much time with Oprah's vagina and not the boys.
Speaker 4: I guess, so, yeah, but I mean, yeah, this fry thing was a bit of a controversy in the at the time or around that. Yeah, so, I mean it was pretty pretty big deal. So does she go to town on him on the show, but not to this that she does in this episode. But I think it was very much you lied to us, and you lied to me and that kind of thing. That was the implication. And this was of course a time when.
Speaker 2: Oprah was Oprah. Oprah was Oprah, yeah, I mean, and then she just stopped being Oprah. I mean, she obviously still is.
Speaker 4: To some degree, but you're not, certainly not as much as she used to.
Speaker 2: She doesn't do her specials anymore. I feel like, how is it not?
Speaker 4: When's the last time she sort of did anything like that? William and not not we oh yeah, Megan.
Speaker 2: And does anyone even care about that? Not really? But she is that.
Speaker 4: She used the term she's got a grandfather in now.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like we say that, but you're gonna understand we are. I'm getting old, Like we're both getting old, right, so am yeah. But the thing is with Oprah, it's like anyone under the age of twenty five, who open, Oh sure, yeah, we're gonna have an Oprah, specially the kid's like why that's really bracing, isn't it. We' it's like, hey someone, so I was going to talk to Yeah, Oprah's going to talk to this person. Like and the ship that was so big in your life when you're growing up is irrelevant now? Oh sure, I do not say Oprah's irrelevant to the younger audience. She's irrelevant.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean like Oprah's talking to mister beat what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm just reading here on the wiki page of Parker and Stone, also discussed in the commentary that they discussed the hat on top of a hat scenario to describe the weirdness of this episode's two stories, saying that when one wears two hats, one on top of the other, just end up looking like an idiot, weirdness on top of weirdness, replacing the hats. In hindsight, Parker and Stone felt that the two storylines used in this episode should have been split up into two separate episodes. The title of the episode and some elements of the plot were then reference to what you're saying. Yeah, I don't know. I think I think those two sort of they did a good job of making it, making it together. Yeah, I think the hat on the hat is I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 4: If they're talking about the Minge and Garry.
Speaker 2: Thing, that's that's one story. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I mean if it was just Towy rides a memoir, it's it's fake or he misrepresents his memoir and Oprah becomes, you know, the champion of it.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's interesting. That's an interesting storyline. I mean you have to sort of tink around with a little bit more, but then have like then you sort of pan down between Oprah's leys like, oh blody else she want shut up? What is going?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's where your hat comes on, so m okay, But then how would you do just a storyline about Oprah's minge and asshole.
Speaker 2: Not being happy not being happy? Yeah, because they need to try and sabatasha career in somewhere. Don't they bring in the town thing? I don't know. I'm sure they could figure out some way. Yeah, but it's just the vibe of the episode felt weird because it's like you're trying to do a south Back episode, but you're also trying to do one of those weird absurd episodes. Yeah, because still to this day, I think the worst episode is the Pip one. I just didn't like the Pip episode.
Speaker 4: Well, and this kid's mentioned i think on the wiki page or just in Gae wasn't talking about this where they say this is really only one of two or a few episodes where there are no South Park kids in there, And Pip was another one of those where it's just like we're going to focus on this character's like, yeah, a bit of a up yours from Parker and Stones.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't really funny. The pip One where this one I thought at least a least it was funny. Yeah, they put some funny voices. Anyway, did you have any favorite moments in the episode?
Speaker 4: And that's basically it. They're really just Gary related, not even min so much min just funny enough.
Speaker 2: But oh Minji.
Speaker 4: When Gary is the one who sort of comes up with the whole plane is.
Speaker 2: Like, is not a right at all? He's a towel. He's a towel. It just rags me up.
Speaker 4: And yeah, just the end when they've had the whole shootout and oh you embarrassed. I think the other thing it reminds me of Gary. The other thing it reminds me of is when Ricky Gervais did that series Not The Office. It was an extras and he came up with.
Speaker 2: His own show that became really successfulcause everybody hated it. It was Extra just before the Office and The Office was first, wasn't it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then you did Extra and he was that struggling guy and he came up with the show was when the whistle Blows or something?
Speaker 2: I know it. Have you never seen the Extra? Yeah, well I've never said extras.
Speaker 4: Nah, spoilers for a little bit of it, I don't know to the best of my recollection. He works as an extra on these things, but he also is like, but I'm an actor and I want to come up with other stuff. And he comes up with this really low brow workplace sitcom which is basically ripping on the office, but it's in like a factory or a warehouse or something, and he plays his character who kind of looks a bit goofy and has pulling silly feces all the time, and it's names cafe is you have a laugh? You having a laugh, and it's got oh man. Sorry spoilers for extras, but there's a scene where he's like, oh, I'm successful, I'm famous, and I'm invited all the popular clubs and he meets David Bowie, and David Bowie just sort of sits down and sings a song about little fat Man who sold his dream. Little fat man, who's not funny at all, tellings like this is just the absolute they've nailed the absolute secret fee of any credit person that David Bowie will think you're not cool. It's like, oh my god, I got a lot of respect for Jabe's and sort of like bringing that to the forefront. But that's what it reminds me of, like you have a laugh, sorry, long long way around.
Speaker 2: I loved the great It's just very simple, but the great visual gag of the phone and and he won't can hear my can?
Speaker 4: You've gotta wonder how Oprah sort of felt about that. This episode is basically talking about her most private of private organ and.
Speaker 2: Calling it her minge, did Oprah care South Park? Let's have a look. I feel like she wouldn't even acknowledge it, right, No, No, there's no mention of her even acknowledging it, because that's just probably the easiest way, right, just don't acknowledge it. Just don't know. Yah, yah, I you're that powerful because if you say you like it, they go, yeah, you just say that. And if you don't like, look at it. She does. She cares. It's like, just ignore it, just ignore, smile any other favorites from you? I liked. So Heraldo gets his appearance and he says, when he's doing his live coll for his live report from White it's one of my trivia questions. He's going to ruck the balls and ask up the literary Well I did, right.
Speaker 4: It's very Heralda. Yeah, I mean, are you familiar sort of with Heralda reveal that? I mean just because he was not he wasn't certainly wasn't oprah esque, but yeah, he was one of those people who had.
Speaker 2: Tonight, we're going into the lost vault of Algabe. Nothing was and there was like that's empty. And you watch him at the end and he is guarded. Man, this is going to be my big yeah, my big break, because he said, he says, I told the I told, well my critics, I was going to sing a song and he starts singing like two lines and you realize it. It's like, dude, just get off the stage, just pull the binders. Did this didn't work? That's okay. Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people trivia time. My first question for you, as I said, where is he doing his live cross from? Is he in Egypt? Afghanistan? Afghanistan? I believe wasn't. Didn't he get caught once saying he was doing a live cross from somewhere but he wasn't actually there.
Speaker 4: Oh there's someone who he may well have been him. Yeah, because sorry to bring it back to Ricky Gervais, but there was another. He made a movie about that thing called, I think called Special Correspondent Well Australias on Eric Banner, where you've got some report who's like, I'm reporting live from this war zone. It's like you're in your apartment. You've set up green screens.
Speaker 2: So shortly after the US forces entered Afghanistan, rivera rivera RIVERA reported on a friendly fire into the providing specific dramatic details. However, he was actually in a different location and the report was found to be based on secondhand information, not direct observation. That's wild. He's pretending he's in the war zone. I hear it's pretty bad here is that I have to see. I'll watch it later. That's hilarious. But you know, that just sort of sums up the kind of he's very I don't know how you tabloid as a kind of host, but he his charming face. Oh sure, a big smile. He's sell you anything, that guy. But yeah, I just thought it was great that they picked him. But that's what I think that Afghanistan Live cross was about. Right.
Speaker 4: My first question to you is how long has twy been mixing p of Chang saws?
Speaker 2: Oh? According to his cast fourteen minutes, fifteen minutes, fourteen. My next question for you is what chapters are talking about Dorito's brand, cornships chapters four away. That's what I had. That's my next question, and I'm I'm not sure if I've got any more questions. I'll think I'll take ask you my last when you think of another one? Who was the name of the police officer lieutenant at the end there, oh Damn Sullivan. No, think of the neighbor of oh.
Speaker 4: Wilson Wilson. Yes, we also would have accepted. What is the name of the volleyball in Castaway?
Speaker 2: Yes? What are the three things that Minji says in Paris? But we can see so this tower, lots of baguettes, there's bag heads everywhere. Yes, and I always love love. Yes, Yes, that's that the three thing, that's the three things. Yes. All right now, I think it's time we get into some cheeseypoof shared out.
Speaker 4: No cheese poop shared outs. It's been a while.
Speaker 2: I love cheesypoofs. You love cheesypoofs. Weed didn't cheesypoofs. Weed be started with the amazing Kat g with her one hundred dollars support. We've Got, Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach put, Shannimcher, Elliott, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rach b, Stephen Roberts, Sean DV, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental, Planned, Flood, Bello Winderbank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McCleod, marchra Eleven Ginger and Pickle Preston Murray, Tullia, Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Shephard, Joe Redenseec, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lang, Danny Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail b Sharpcater and Craig Alti smash Gloster. Do you think our cheesepoofs like our Druido's brain corn chips? It's like a bleas versus that can be our beloved Druido's brain corn chips. But thank you, guys for all of you support. We do appreciate it. Oh God, you guys are brilliant. Yes, all right, So the original air day of A Million Little Fibers was April nineteen, two thousand and six. Of the top three films at the US box office number three. The Wild, The Wild, the While. I've got the written The Wild.
Speaker 4: I feel like I think it might be one of those Disney movies with like with animals, Uh, Disney Animal.
Speaker 2: It would be the Wild. Yeah, no, come out to two thousand and sixty. It must be The Wild. I've put into the d It's the Wild. Yeah. I did not know this film existed. This seems like a film that we run up my kid's alley.
Speaker 4: This looks like, Hey, DreamWorks made Madagascar, we better make the Wild. It looks like we're a bunch of wild animals, but we're in an urban setting.
Speaker 2: Who made it? I don't know. Man, weal Disney? It was well Disney.
Speaker 4: Yeah, find there's gonna be some incredible voices in there.
Speaker 2: On bed. Let's have a look at the cast is Keith Sutherland, Jim Belushi, Eddie Izzard, Jannine Garofalo, William Shatner, Richard Kainin, Greg SIPs, and Patrick Warburton. It's not a bad line up. It feels very much like quick slut something together. Who do you reckon? Voices? The koala, I'm gonna say Shatner does the koala. I'm gonna say, Janine Garof Okay, let's see, this is fun. We've won a million fibers. Who voices where's the Koala? It was Eddie Isard. Oh well, Nigel an eccentric English accent Koala. So he's English, but he's a Chola. That makes no sense. I imagine it's a character trait at the koalas Yeah, I'm not Australian. Janine does Bridget a headstrong giraffe. Shatner does the Wilder Beast, a tyrannical and bloodthirsty black wilder beast. Yeah, I'm sure he. I'm sure he does the wild I don't think I've ever known that film existed. There you go.
Speaker 4: I imagine we went back through the two thousands, you would find so many of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was one called Over the Hedge. I was gonna say, it reminds me of Over the Hedge. I remember because I took one of my first girlfriends on a date there. We both heard it when you say one of your first girls, like when you were about eight by fifteen. Yeah, my man Bruce Willis is like a voice and over the Hedge I think it was. Yeah. Yes, we walked out. We're like, oh shit, it's something govern But number two was ice age to the Meltdown. Okay, yes, scratched the laugh on that nut or what was they called last week SmackDown? The SmackDown? Yes, and number one is Scary Movie four, which is kind of of it. Now, could scare movie seven? Six seven? I think it's six, except they're just calling it scary movie again. Oh, okay, of course it's a reboot. It's sure. I didn't see because I watched Sinners for the first time. This week's Sinners I want to win twenty minutes too long. I enjoyed it, but I was like, taste does slacken in the second half. Yeah, I was like, this could have been wrapped up twenty minutes quicker. It could have been in bed by eleven thirty instead of twelve, which is all important. And I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it, but I just I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that could because there's a lot of hype around it. But also yeah, I mean there are there's a lot of good stuff in it, but there's a lot that also feels not a lot that feels like but there's just enough that make you go. Could have trimmed that a little h.
Speaker 2: But fantastic in it. Oh yeah, yeah, But I also watched Weapons this week, and Weapons I enjoyed. And he's got to the end and I went, so that's it. Okay, ends on a pretty high note, though it does. Yeah it doesn't. Just it's like, and now spots I'm gonna spoil, but it's like, and now nothing's and then then that's that and stuff just happened. I guess that's what would really happen. But just I felt so sorry for that little boy. And I've been watching for the first time in twenty years. I've watched the first half last night and going to finish the other half tonight. The Ring. Oh and get my horror movies out of the way. Nice. Yes, I enjoyed The Ring when I first watched it, so that was what two thousand and two would be. And so it's about twenty years as I've watched it, and yeah, I'm enjoying it. Now that's a good movie. Yeah, you know, borrow or not? You got the four K there's no special features. I'm taking this back, maybe I will maybe Why did they release four k's in Australia they don't have special features, but in America they do. It doesn't make sense. That is a mystery for the ages anyway. So they were the top three films at the US box office. So the episode kicks off, Sorry get the Eds, Sorry the unwritten by and it was of course written by and dreaded by Trade Parker. You had to bring that up. I have to have to say it. No, no, no, I know you have to bring it up, but then you actually have to bring it up on screen. Yeah, to be sure because the one time I don't Matt Stone will be on this one. That was all Man kicks off at p of Changs and Chris the waiter he's swamped.
Speaker 4: Why well, because that guy, that new guy, Hied sucks. Plus I think he's Yes, Towly is high.
Speaker 2: How spicy would you like your chin sauce? Do you think not too spicy? Ms? My spice levels are getting higher. Yeah, but I would be nothing past mid way I tend to Yeah. I would never go be on level four out of five. I couldn't. Three would be my max for sure.
Speaker 4: We have the Hot Chicken Project in town shout out friend of the pod, and they have like five levels, and they do.
Speaker 2: Occasionally we'll go to the fourth. Mostly have you tried the five? Never have?
Speaker 4: It's called it's called it either evil or so damn hot, because I think it's evil. I think evil is the top one if you're starting to not enjoy it, like, that's why that's my threshold. Yeah, we might as well go down one and enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But Tally gets fired here because he's just no good. He's just been mixing so for fifteen fourteen minutes fifteen minutes. Oh man, he needs to find a new job to pay his rent and perirs. He's going to get a little high. That's sort of the common thread here. That's sort of the lesson he learns at the end, isn't it? Because I guess I guess that makes sense because the whole point of the original concept was going to be he has an intervention to realize he doesn't need to be high. Yeah, And they still get there in the end, don't they. They do? Do they have an intervention episode at any stage? Tally? Yeah, I'm not sure. Someone at least I get the feeling there was an intervention episode. There was one for Stan. Was he when he was a goth kid. Maybe he was depressed.
Speaker 4: I hit the feeling there's one for Tawi though, Okay, we'll find it, we'll.
Speaker 2: Get there if it is. Yeah, then a good idea comes to him. He's going to just become a writer and write a memoir, the book about his life to pay the rent. Great ideas, how you make money. No one's done that before. But the publisher Porcupine Press was gonna be one of my trivia questions, questions not Penguin. They read it and they're just not fans at all because chapter four to eight it's all about Tourriedo's and so he can fix it like that. No one's going to want to read because you're a town. You're a town, and then you're a tower. So yeah, it's not going to work for him there. And then he realizes, okay, I'm gonna need a better idea. What's the idea?
Speaker 4: Oh my love, I've been a very irresponsible towel, personal.
Speaker 2: Tows people. He takes it to. I think it was arbitrary house. I think so. Yeah, and they love it because now he's Stephen mctawley, not Towley.
Speaker 4: One of my initial questions was going to be one of my trivier questions to be how does he spell Towley when he's first writing A billion of Little five?
Speaker 2: It's weird. It's like, yeah, because I write at t O W E l I E, which is how it's spelled it again, and they agreed to publish it as long as he's not really a towel towel? Why would I be wearing this hat and this fake mask. And now he's on Oprah and I loved hear someone in the crowd is holding up the book just I love it. They just holding little details like that big fans, because you watched the old Oprah shows and the crowd were just feral man wild.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well they are thinking they will either get a car or there'll be something to the seed.
Speaker 2: Did you have to pay to go to Oprah? How did you get tickets to Oprah?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Knowing on Oprah going I could go here and get a car. True, it must have been the hottest seed in town. It must have been. But then sometimes, like you're getting your Friel basket, you'll get nothing except being in the same mare guys. In the last SSS, she got a car Oprah make with the car problem is, once you give your audience a car each, there's no way up from there. Everything's going to be shit compared to that next time someone's getting the house, everyone's gonna be disappointed. But she asks, what was it like being hung up on a rack for days? And it was for you emotionally? And then Oprah. Then we get Oprah's minge, We pan down, we get the men. Well, why do you call it theminge? Because that's what they call the show right her vagina. Nobody knows what.
Speaker 1: It's like to be Oprah's minge.
Speaker 2: Oh, she does his work, never gives her all.
Speaker 1: Mint a nice rob now and again, Minch needs attention, at least a scratch once in a while.
Speaker 2: Well, Steven, your book hasn't sold a lot of copies yet, but I have some pretty exciting news for you.
Speaker 1: Used to be a time when Oprah would play with me, not and day, she'd pet me for hours using every finger. Now I just sit here in the dark, not even so much as a banky. I should write a book be much more depressing than his.
Speaker 2: And so Stephen, I'm making your book my official book of.
Speaker 1: A month's selection.
Speaker 2: Book of the Month. I guess this was a thing? Was it very much a thing? Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: If you were Oprah's book of the month, whosh okay you why not? You raced up the book are the best eller list.
Speaker 2: So Cowie's now happy. He's going to be rich, super rich. Now let me get a montage if she's pressed too. He's doing books and tuken on a joint and eyes getting read. Then we get Oprah a booking guests. She's at in a office. I think she's calling John Tavolter and she's on the phone with her bookers and say who can we get? Who we get? Oh yeah, Travolta will be available. Pan down to the minch is still ranting and bitter, and then her Gary comes into the equation and they are also annoyed, and the descided they're going to get her fired, and I'll use Towy's identity to do so, because say it again, he's a towel.
Speaker 4: Before that, Minja's going on and on about how he's getting no attention. It does get stimulated at all. Carry pipes up with useholes need stimulations to your busted which that remembered too much?
Speaker 2: Is that wrong? So I mean that's why I can't dislike this episode because this dialagues just so hilarious.
Speaker 4: Because you're busted, that's that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: I actually prefer this being a gay couple. It's funny. It might be. So then they get they tell Heraldo you get him on the on the on the scene.
Speaker 4: I think I'm alluded to. I think there was a I don't know about long and proud tradition, but there is certainly a subcurrent in some British crime. It goes back to the Kray Brothers, you know, where the brothers the craze would like these twin brothers who in the London crime scene in the fifties and sixties.
Speaker 2: And there was always like this sort of people probably.
Speaker 4: Rejecting, but like these two guys gay I think gave for eager what's going on. And there's a whole lot of Bridge crime stories about you know, some guy who's like the toughest, meanest crime boss ever, but he also likes dudes. It's a big British thing like Omar from the Wire.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yeah, I'm as coming, yes as I was saying. They get Hurrald onto the scene. He takes the call from her Minge and I just love that the ass is the messenger and they swap it around and rivera. He asked for some proof, and they said to look into the book and you'll find your proof. We come out from Commercial and Stephen mctawly is now on Larry King. Also, I think of the past. Oh yeah, is Larry still with us?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Not a long time ago? Right? Oh? Okay, Larry King live? That was that? Oh yeah it was. I mean that guy as like living and breathing. Yeah, I thought he passed away Larry King. I could be wrong, yeah, twenty twenty one on. Okay. I always think of that clip when he had Seinfeld. I know, the Seinefad clip on Larry King.
Speaker 1: La.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've told you about the one that i've the thing that I remember. What is it?
Speaker 4: Oh god, I don't know if i'd imagine this.
Speaker 2: Or not, because I would have Larry King on like when I was trying to go to sleep a podcast before podcast? Wasn't it very much? So?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he's got he's a weird looking fellow, but he had very sort of interesting voice or soothing voice. But he would have people call in and he had some like prisoner of war on and some guy called up and said he asked like a legitimate question, and he's like, yeah, but also how often are you allowed to masturbate when you were there? And Larry's like, hang up?
Speaker 2: And I thought it was like rouser most like did that? Wait? What? Yeah?
Speaker 4: If that was a dream that I had that, I'm a weirdo, and I apologize, but I'm I honestly got think that's what happened.
Speaker 2: The siefel one was just the he won't cancered? Were you what show television that we weren't canceled? Larry?
Speaker 4: Jerry's really taking offense of that.
Speaker 2: Your book has helped a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people beat addiction.
Speaker 2: What made you write it? Well, Larry, I was really just ritting down my memoirs. What what's that? Excuse me? Steve and I understand that we have a special report coming in joining us live from Afghanistan. Here is Graldo Rivera. Hello, Larry, are receiving me. We're here, Heraldo, You're live on the show, Larry, This.
Speaker 3: Brave reporter has spent days investigating and researching, and I have come up with a shocking discovery that is going to rock the balls and ass of the literary world. Stephen mctowy, author of A Million Little Fibers, is a towel.
Speaker 2: You're a tow No, you're a towel. Well, you're a beer town.
Speaker 1: What did you say? I'm sorry, I'm high.
Speaker 2: And then Oprah's prre like, oh shit, this is bad because you've been supporting not only a lying town, but a racist towel. So Minji and Gar and I excited. Yet we've got him. You know, it's going to go to plan. Oprah's careers ruined. So she says, you know, but the book's helped people, so so who cares, you know, who cares if he's fudged a few details as long as it's helped people. So she gives him a call and says, you know, come back on to the show and we can sort this out basically. So he goes back on to Minji and Gay. They're very happy here because the crowd'sn't applauding anymore. It seems like she's lost lost the crowd, and then all of a sudden, she just goes off on a tangent at him and just trying to save face. Basically, she's trying to save her own career.
Speaker 4: Very much So now we go back to the original Oprah episode with this guy James Fry who was talking about this is from wiki, which, as we know, one hundred percent accurate. But Winfrey told Frey that she felt really duped, but more importantly, I feel like you betrayed millions of readers. And she said, look, I left the impression. Yeah, she had the impression that the truth is not important to this guy who wrote it, And yeah, asked him about a whole bunch of stuff. And yeah, she doesn't go quite as buck wild as she does in this episode of South Park. But yeah, she was you lied to I trusted you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I think, Tally.
Speaker 2: I think you're a lying sack of shit. You lie to all these people, and for what to make money? They got your book thinking it was true. But I thought you said, how dare you lie to me and make me look foolish? What's this? What's she doing? I don't understand, Minji. You think writing is a joke? You stupid? Tell you get him? Oprah.
Speaker 1: You will not get away with this.
Speaker 2: She's kiddy. Everyone back on her side. Oh the clever cow. You lie to me, Tally, and therefore you have lied to America. We are going to rise up against you. If the audience ready for a good old fashioned legend. Minji here the clever cow. Just have to wait for Paris. Minji, you're enjoying doing it too. It's great, And I think their plan is ruined. This is where she gives Tally a head starts, she goes under the chairs. Are all what they're all on? Flames? Yes, to chase him, as mob call him a Lionsacker ship. Yeah, like you. Therefore you have lied to America. They corner him out the front of the Chicago Bank and then Minji pulls out a gun. He's like, I'm going down. We're all going down, turning back now. Gun. Yes, and you said you always wanted to see Paris. Not like this, not like this, not like this. Very melodramatic, and then shoots the cop dead. Gary then pukes, which means that this's just she ship of hands essentially, and then Minji does as well. And the hostage tries to lead because obviously the smell or whatever anyone leaves going to get shot. They asked Tally for help, but he's and he says, I'm not no, I'm not going to get high. This time.
Speaker 4: Good, he's learned a little something.
Speaker 2: Yes. Then we get the Rivera doing the news report. We believe Oprah's asshole is an accomplice in this as well. What is the cops? This is the most unstable for China. Yes. Then the cop puts the walking talking between Oprah's legs and Lieutenant Wilson asked with demands. They want to play in a jet and a fresh pair of nickos. Charlie then opens up the door. He goes under the door. You think you realize, I can say the hostages he because they're behind Oprah. So and Gary can't see it because he's the vagina, the asshole and Mi vagina goes under the door, open the door. They make that mistake. The the hostages go into the bank and then they open fire on first of all, they shoot Gary. It's like bang like name, yeah, Ninji Gary, What's what's wrong? They got me?
Speaker 1: Miinji?
Speaker 2: No? Oh no, they got bad trying to hang on care.
Speaker 1: It's getting to minge.
Speaker 2: Okay, what have I got you into? I'm seeing my life flash before me eyes Hinja. Well are we Minji? Are we embarrass Yeah? Yeah? We're in Paris? Mate? Is it as wonderful as a wut. It's beautiful. We finally made it.
Speaker 1: Tell me what you see, Minji, Well, awful toe right in front of us, love right over there behind you, and fresh spaghets all around.
Speaker 2: I can smell the mincha.
Speaker 1: At least I got to see Paris before that.
Speaker 2: Garren, Garris, stay suffering, You killed of your bastards. Minj then kills himself because they don't want to be here anymore. And then everyone apologizes to Tally, and then you know, we shouldn't have tried to kill you, yadda, yadda, And he says he's learned here that you know, you shouldn't get high with ideas. I should come up with ideas, na get high as a reward. Yes, he learned his lesson to an extent. It's a much better get the job done first than reward, is oh? Correct?
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean on the rare occasions when I've got somethings like I don't even coming up with any good ideas. I think I really just want to eat to read.
Speaker 2: Yes, don't don't eat the cheeseburger during the marathon. Eat it once you finished it. Correct? Yeah, Yes, anyway, that's a good philosophy. So that is the end of cheeseburger. This a million little fibers. Hope you guys enjoyed it. Yeah, Like I said, I think I had more fun doing the review for this one than I did some of the other ones have done in recent memory, because those voices, you get to talk like that. Yeah, but it's just what's your favorite Gary line? Do you think? I think mine was there? Not like this. It's either a towel.
Speaker 4: Or yeah, or in stimulation to your bustard. Your bastard's good. That's great. But look a lot of fun talking about this and look for all for parking signs saying we hate it. There's some really there's some fun stuff and it there's some really vivid stuff as well, and it's actually not that bad.
Speaker 2: All this stuff with like oh so Oprah's arshol and vagina are throwing up. It's very it's it's vivid, it's very it's like you understand what they're on about. Yeah. I appreciate that they didn't show it because that would have been too much. I think. Oh yeah, and just a visual in your mind of what it.
Speaker 4: Looks like it's vivid enough. Yeah, you'll go, oh, man, that's not good.
Speaker 2: All right. We hope you guys enjoyed a review of a million little fibers. The next review here at going Out of south Park? Shall beat Man Bear Pig with Al Gore? Oh my gosh, let's look out for that one aout doing that? What's that? Are we serial about doing that? And we are very Sureial it takes for Sherrial. Yes, all right, guys, don't forget. You can't support us on Patreon for as little as just one dollar per month, that is in the description of this podcast. By being a supporter your access to over one hundred and fifty hours of exclusive content. So why not do so? Any get this show early and ad free. Holy moly, what a deal. Yes, and you have me Pals, gorind down and kit lights on here add four finger Discount networks. Any fine words for those incredible listeners out there, listener to these stimulation to your bastard