Speaker 1: Welcome to the I'm Still Fun podcast starring Jennifer.
Speaker 2: Show that I am the most important?
Speaker 1: Were you upset you didn't get an Emmy nomination? Like, hold on, are you on a different mic?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 2: You're on two. Wow, So Jenny, switch out? You don't know. I just grabbed the mic that was closest to me.
Speaker 1: This is she's used Mike three for every single podcast until today.
Speaker 3: She decided it was not. I just switched over to the other one. So am I on one of the right ones?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on the right one.
Speaker 1: Now, now you're on the proper ones and I can turn two back off. Okay, this is a professional. This is why I didn't get an Emmy, Jenny. That is the exact example of why you didn't Emmys. Probably not, but the only murders in the building there it's a show based on them doing a murder podcast, and they it's a show with Emmy's.
Speaker 2: Well this is too baby baby cakes. Nope, not gonna work. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't hate it, but we'll work on the one. Okay, we can work on it.
Speaker 1: How have you been feeling since someone acknowledged that I have? I am also dragging a wagon and it's not just you on the KDWB staff.
Speaker 3: I went to the gym to do extra squats yesterday. You can't have that, absolutely not. Yeah, there is only room for one big butt on this radio station.
Speaker 2: I don't know any squats.
Speaker 1: I just eat a lot of food and I have genetics that give me a big, fat, flat ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And to be fair, I've always had a huge ass. I have not This does not come from leg day because I do the least amount on my legs obviously because I'm a bad knee. So uh No, I'm actually very proud that you got that compliment, and thank you because it is a compliment. But back in the day, it was hurtful to be told you had.
Speaker 2: A bubble butt.
Speaker 3: Ye would cry, like in elementary school because I heard one time that my friend said I had a bubble butt, and I was like.
Speaker 1: You knew it, dieped down, but you didn't want anyone else to a knowledge it.
Speaker 3: Genuinely, I knew I had a big butte, but like back in the day, big butts were not the thing. Even so mix a Lot had an entire song about it, but they were not the thing back in like the nineties, early two thousands.
Speaker 1: In the nineties it was they called it heroin chic. Yeah, and it wasn't like heroin like the lead of a movie. It's like the drug heroin because you looked like you were on it because you were so honestly, you look so skinny unhealthy. Yeah, which is crazy to believe. But people think we're going through that phase again with ozempic. They think people are leaning like we went through this body positive movement and then now that everyone can get their hands on ozimpic, they think they're leaning back into that heroin chic vibe again.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I haven't heard that side of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like people are like obsessed with being skinny again because it's so attainable now.
Speaker 2: I mean, wow, okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I also saw like it's uh and I clicked on it the comments because you know, my favorite thing is just looking at comments on posts. But you know, Courtney Kardashian has, I mean, she is the new sugar Bear vitamins. Remember when every celebrity pushed sugar Bear. I think it was called sugar Bear Great for your helps your hair growth and did it. It's like so blah blah blah and every influencer was doing it, you know, Kylie Jenner was getting like a million dollars to push that on her, and then it kind of went away. I think people still do it, but it's just not mainstream anymore. I swear that's what Courtney Kardashian's little lemmy craps are. Some people I've heard enjoy them for sleep, like they actually do help with sleep, but I don't remember if that's like I'm honestly wondering are those posts I've seen.
Speaker 2: Courtney repost or are those real posts? I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then but she now has a GLP one she just posted that she has coming out. So people were in the comments like, oh my god, this work is like same as ozempic blah blah blah, and everyone kept comment he like, no, please do not be fooled by marketing. I have to have a say. I don't understand the difference, but I think technically ozempic is like a brand name, right right. There are other things like so a lot of people have done these, like it's almost like their own off brand, but it's semi glue tide right.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, because certain ones like would go be and all that have been around for a while, or what I think is also another brand name, right, and so I think a lot of those have been around for a while. And so like the scary thing about it is like these new ones that are coming out which then have not been tested, so you do not know necessarily what this could do to you in the long run, whereas like your ozembics or whatever have been around long enough to know.
Speaker 2: I think that it is great at least. Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's it's very confusing with all the different names, and of course it is the most pop It's like when they came out with oh why am I blanking on the dick hardening drug Biagra? Okay, like when let like when VIAGRAA came out that was the biggest pill of like all time. Right, well, this is like I feel like the closest example to that ever.
Speaker 2: So I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like we've talked about it a little bit, like I think both of us know people who have done it. Most I think the I'm trying to think if there's anyone to know that's had a bad experience. I feel like most people I've talked to they've enjoyed their experience with it. Actually, Yeah, the people I talked to were not by the way, they were not diabetic. They were people who just wanted to lose weight basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had like one close friend use I think they did ozembic.
Speaker 2: The one that you and I both know is with GOV.
Speaker 1: My close friend. Yes, your close friend is with Gov. Oh okay, he told me, oh no, not him.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: And then I follow I follow Savannah Brennan and she's very open about it, so I don't mind saying her name. She's we know Julia well because we played her music on the radio station and they both work at like the Lifetime Health is. But Savannah did their version. I don't think they have like name brand ozimbically. I think they have like a semi glue tide. But either way, she lost a lot of weight and she everything I've seen her post about was that she really liked her results too.
Speaker 2: This is not an.
Speaker 1: Ad for it, by the way, I hope no one would ever think that. It's just kind of like it's interesting. Yes, it's just an interesting time because they've always said for years, if there was a true way for people to actually.
Speaker 2: Like lose weight or bottle that up.
Speaker 1: And there have been things for years, but I think most people agreed they were like unhealthy. So for this one to seemingly be better, and it's seemingly working for so many people, it's crazy, honestly. But I did just see Kate Moss's sister, she like overdosed on it and said it was the worst thing she'd ever done.
Speaker 2: She was she'd never done it. She was like in the hospital. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I had listened to a podcast recently so I always listen to. It's called Diary of a CEO with Stephen Barlotte, and he has phenomenal guests on there. Okay, I haven't loved all of them, but he did have this one woman on there, and hers wasn't Hers was more like she believed in like certain like natural things, but she was some sort of a doctor. And she eventually started speaking on how she got her mom on ozepic or something, and then her too, but like they did it in like a very microdosing way, like her mom was genuinely stick to the point that she was like going to be dying because of some health issues.
Speaker 2: She was having. Yeah, and then she went on.
Speaker 3: It herself, the woman who was on it, and it was interesting to hear a different perspective of like using it for something that wasn't weight loss, right, Like they really had a different purpose. And then I have heard good things from someone I know who said that, like they have anxiety and they went on it because they had gone through some hard times in the past year and they had gained some weight, but they also deal with anxiety and this was the first thing that helped them actually sleep at night. And they've been on anxiety medication before and all the stuff. And so I've heard there's been studies about will go vio zepic whatever, that there's potential that it can really help with people who have addiction problems.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think I've seen some stuff like that too, Okay.
Speaker 3: And I think like if it can calm you in some way, if it's like affecting your brain in some way, obviously in a good way. Like I know that I don't sleep very well because I'm an anxious person and my brain runs on high speed, especially at night, and so I feel like if there was something out there that could help me sleep better too, Yeah, I would be willing to try it because I would love to be able to get a normal night of sleep.
Speaker 1: My only concern remains with what every single person has said, which is the moment you stop taking it, it immediately stops.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So it's hard for me to imagine. I guess it depends on where you're at in your health journey. Yeah, because some people you are going to be taking medication for the rest of your life. It would be hard for me to imagine taking anything for the rest of my life. That's what I would have a hard time wrapping my brain around. Unless a doctor was like, this is how you will live if you don't take this for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So I have one other now that this is a health, a very uninformed health. I still haven't gotten my period, so now we're at a full month and a half. But I did call my nurse practitioner and I was like, Chancy, I think I'm going through menopause. She's like, I don't think you're going through menopause. She's like, all it means when you skip your period is you didn't ovulate that month. She's like, so get ready for a phrase that will haunt you. She goes, my concern is not that you're not going to get your period. My concern is you're going to get a period tsunami on TV or she's actually going on my trip to Italy or when you go to Italy. I go, oh, it'll absolutely happen in Italy.
Speaker 3: She gave me.
Speaker 1: It's called like I'm going to mess up the name ben pressures ushun to me. Anyway, Basically, it's a pill. I take ten nights and it induces your period.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So she's like, so it should come. Basically, I just want to get a period out. Yeah, so I don't have a period tsunam me on my trip or like randomly on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that'd be crazy.
Speaker 3: Because I know you were like a little nervous about yeah, very menopause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she said, She's like, it doesn't because I was like, I don't know. My mom went through menopause. She got our last period before she was forty. She goes, Okay, well then it could be possible. She's like, but I think we should start like here first. I said, okay, great, so that's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Did you already start taking it? Yeah, okay, two nights I've had it for two nights now and then your trip is until mid October. October seventh, I leave. Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's basically pushing because she said you could take it for the ten days and then you could get You probably won't get it in the midst of it, you'll probably get it after, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, okay, so what today is She lined it up that it should be fine.
Speaker 3: It's close as good as she could because I mean, I think you're I feel like, if you're supposed to get it close after, you should be fine. But I guess I also don't know because of that, is that going to help you have a more normal.
Speaker 1: I think what it does is the medication is like a hormonal medication. So my hope is she was like, look, she's like, you've lost weight recently. You have. She's like, you're probably have more stress in your life. She's like, it's probably a number of reasons that it could be going on. But anyway, I think, yes, I think it'll get me back on track, Like it'll balance out my hormones. I think is the idea okay, because those are clearly off, So that would be great.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll check it back in in ten days.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Thank you so much for that period update. What's going on with yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, mine, I actually do have a weird story too. So honestly, last week I had one of like the worst weeks of my life between just like a little bit mentally, I was crying all the time over very real, really little things like I literally had to pull out our junk drawer to take a picture for a bit for the morning show and I couldn't get it back in, and after fucking with it for like a minute, I started crying, like that's where I was at. And I'm just like, oh my god, I start cheering up, or I'm watching a show and I am like aggressively crying. You And I went to a movie last week. I would have been sad during that movie, but I was like very much crying during it. And so I just was having like such a rough week mentally and emotionally, and then physically I had the worst bloating for seven days straight. I felt so gross. I wasn't going to the bathroom really and I'm like, what is going on, Like I have to be getting my period. And I finally got it over the weekend, but I don't normally, I just I don't have a normal cycle with my birth control implant. It always comes and go whenever it pleases. Sometimes I don't have it for months on end. Sometimes I have it for a week and two weeks later I get it again, and so like it's always pretty unexpected. But I knew this force was coming because last week and normally I don't really I can't really tell that much, but it was like everything piled up to like bad cramps, bloating, crying, like anxiety, everything just kind of piled up, and I'm like, damn, I hope this doesn't happen all the time now, Like I hope this was a one off, because yeah, I usually only experienced like.
Speaker 2: One of those things.
Speaker 3: But yeah, last week I was a little bit like I didn't feel like I was.
Speaker 1: On my game at work, just like you saw me. I must been going through the same stuff. What's going on with the water here at iHeart, because you know, I like after the movie, like cried on the street to Jenny about stuff. I'm like what and I told and I told you I feel off and bloated and weird and like something's going on. But I have been eating like chit lately too, so I'm sure that's not helping anything, right.
Speaker 3: And then it doesn't help because on top of all that, like I couldn't get myself to work out because I felt so gross and whatever. And I just couldn't even get the motivation to go to the gym, which is not going to help me at all because that is fully a part of my routine now for the most party, and so I know I always feel better after working out, whether I did a hard workout or not, like any workout makes me feel better, and I just couldn't even get myself to do anything. Yeah, so yeah, last week was just not fun. But now I have my period and I feel fine.
Speaker 1: Is there something in the moon and stars? You know how they say maybe something's in retrograde or something. Maybe that was going on, maybe we all were experiencing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: This weekend I saw you briefly because we went over to our boss's house to see his new horse horses. But also we got our new pop so he's very cute, and Franklin has been a little treat so far. I think when you first get like a puppy, I think they're so exhausted because they've just been First of all, you've been neutered recently. He was a round puppies which were probably just constantly keeping him up and playing, so he slept like the whole first day. He's a very sleepy, snuggly puppy. Olive loves him so much. He loves her. He just follows us around. He's so cute.
Speaker 2: He is knock on wood. We put him on our bed.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, like he slept through the night both nights and he hasn't had a single accident in the house. Now we are taking him out every like thirty minutes because we don't wanthim to have accidents. We're trying to get the training going. And I told him, like, how long is this going to go? Because I'm a little worried when my mom watches him when we're in Italy, because my mom is not going to bring him out every thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: She just isn't.
Speaker 1: And she I've never in my I'm bad on my phone. I have never seen anyone worse on their phone than my mom.
Speaker 2: Like it is.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I feel like she's gonna have her glasses down on the tip of her nose. Scroll scroll, scroll scroll, won't even see him just peeing and pooping everywhere. Yeah, So I'm like, I really don't want to go backwards in training. And I mean it just timed out poorly. I mean, at least we're not immediately leaving. But yeah, you've got like a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so fingers crossed.
Speaker 3: I guess I have no idea. I can't speak on potty training and a dog.
Speaker 2: I've never done that.
Speaker 1: I think it'll take like a few months probably, And I'm like, I'm sure, yeah, to get him like used to telling us, but you can already read signs if he's up and sniffing around.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like, okay, let's take him outside. Yeah. But he's been a good boy, so that's so exciting. I know, it's pretty cute.
Speaker 3: I can't remember you said this on last week's podcast, how It'll be Beef and Frank.
Speaker 2: Now, you might have said that. I can't remember I.
Speaker 1: Said it on the podcast, I guess, but I think I did. Yeah, so it'll be a little Beef and Frank would be. Dolly's doing good so far. She doesn't love it, Jenny, but she's also just like a very she's she doesn't like anyone else getting attention.
Speaker 2: She's jealous. She's a jealous dog.
Speaker 1: But she has n't been mean to him or anything. She he did humper yesterday and she was like no. So I'm like, oh my god, I forgot that. I know world dogs can do it too, but obviously boy dogs do it more. I'm like, oh god, I hope he's not like one of those dogs that humps people's leg when they come over. Yeah, that'll be a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that was the first time he showed any humping. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: As someone who watches dogs, it happens, and I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just it is what it is.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: But he Yeah, I was like, oh god, he's gonna start humping all of stuffed animals and she's got to panic. Yeah, just panic.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you so over the weekend I did start the show tell me lies. So I'm only on season one and I know there's a season two out already, but I just want to say that there is an episode that gave me a little like PTSD about my sex life. Okay, okay, so episode I guess spoiler alert here.
Speaker 1: I don't remember season one very well. I remember like the big shockers, but I don't remember like.
Speaker 2: A lot so episode four.
Speaker 3: One of the main characters, she hadn't lost her virginity yet and they're in college and whatever, and she's hitting it off with this guy and they have sex for the first time, and obviously the first time you have sex is the female.
Speaker 2: It is not great. It is like genuinely like pop and Cherry. Yeah, it's a weird.
Speaker 3: It's just not great, at least in my experience. I guess I can't speak for all of them. But then like they go and they have sex again like shortly after, and it was so all about him and all about like him thinking that she's enjoying it, and her like pretending like she is because she thinks that's what she's supposed.
Speaker 2: To be doing.
Speaker 3: And I and like literally down to the facial expressions that she was doing and everything. I was like, oh my gosh, I feel like this was me in my twenties. Yeah, part of my twenties, because truthfully, I didn't have a long, secure sexual relationship with anyone until I met Andrew when I was like twenty four. Yeah, whereas most of my hookups, like maybe I hooked up with someone a handful of times, but it wasn't like get to know each other a lot. It was very much like, oh, we're just gonna have sex, and like you're not going to know anything about what I like. And it was just the way they portrayed it, I think was so spot on to so many women's experience with steps at the beginning that I was like, good for them to show that, because you can tell she's faking it, she's pretending, then she's realizing it, Like wait, I shouldn't be fucking pretending, like you're not even doing.
Speaker 2: Anything good for me.
Speaker 3: So I just will say I'm good on them for just sharing it in a way that like so many women.
Speaker 2: Can probably relate. Are you liking the show? I am.
Speaker 3: I feel like it kind of was. It was weird because I liked the sexual tension and like the drama part of it, but there was like parts of it that felt very like anxiety and do it over yea, So I don't know. There were like sometimes where I was like, I don't really want to watch this right now. It's making me almost feel anxious, and I like stop.
Speaker 2: So but I do. I like it.
Speaker 3: I'm still watching it. It just was like not like what I was looking for at that time, where I was like, I don't really want to watch this right now. I need something more upbeat, you know.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I think that had it for me. Even though it had the uh yeah, anxiety inducing scenes. Then since there was actually like sex and stuff involved, it was more chill for me. Because when we were watching the show Your Honor now it's on Netflix, but we were watching it originally on like APP. I remember like I would be like, Jake, I don't want to watch this right now. It's too intense the whole It would stress me out so much and there's no like romantic side anything to even like relieve a little. It was just constance to us. And I was like that is I don't enjoy that, Like it's too much. Yeah, and he was like I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: We did get some email. Yeah, also we can dive into let's see okay, okay, don't say my name this time, but hi, hello, I'm okay, she said her name. I'm a first time writer, forever listener. Hope all is well with you both. I look forward to listening each week. The thirty minute podcast is the perfect amount of time.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I have a question to ask you guys.
Speaker 1: So, my partner and I, we are in a lesbian relationship, have been together for six years. We are twenty six. We live together, we have two kiddies, are in our careers, and have finally decided we want to get married. However, we decided to Elope in Colorado, specifically Estes Park, Colorado. We came to this idea as we don't need anything big and flashy. We would also rather spend the thousands people usually spend on weddings into IVF or IUI for our future family. The thing is, we haven't told our family yet. We didn't do the typical engagement that's just not our style, so our families would be kind of shocked to find out we're quote unquote jumping to marriage. We booked a location photographer in Colorado for a small family ceremony of about twentyish people siblings, parents, photographer in the mountains in August of twenty twenty five. The only people that do know are our best friends who one of them is the efficiant. So that's the backstory. Here are my issues one our families don't know yet. How do we tell them. We want them to have enough time to book their choice of cabin or campsite, allow time for them to process mentally and financially prepare. My friends say to tell them over Thanksgiving slash Christmas, but we think that might be too long and they should know sooner. We also don't want to show up randomly one day with a gift bag and they immediately know something is up.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have any ideas?
Speaker 1: Or is a gift bag with an invite and cute items one random day maybe not so crazy to start with that. I actually don't think that waiting until Thanksgiving is a terrible idea August is that will still give them like nine months to plan and book, which is most people don't really start booking and planning things until like six months out. I think for airfare and everything. Yeah, but if you're excited and you don't want to keep it from them and you want to tell them, I think setting up like, hey, we're gonna come, let's have dinner. You guys want to come over for dinner if you guys feel comfortable doing if they never come to your house, for dinner. They're going to know something's up if you randomly invite them, probably, But I don't think like a gift bag or whatever is a bad idea either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would disagree a little bit in say that I think it's better to tell them sooner rather than later, only because I think, respectfully, like so many people have different schedules and different plans for even like in a year, and so you're already past the year point of when the wedding's supposed to happen. That I think it is kind of important because most people send out save the dates at like a year to nine months in advance, I feel like until they send out the official invite. So I do feel like maybe you should tell them a little bit sooner than definitely Christmas in my opinion, but maybe Thanksgiving all work, because that is coming up in like I don't know, two months now. Yeah, but it's up to you. I just think that I think a lot of people get sad when they find out about something big in someone's life that they care about and that person has known for a little while. Because I think, like my older sister, she when she found out she was pregnant one time, I think I was like one of the last people she told, and I was like a little bit bummed and not because not like so not like months after the rest of my family knew. But I just wish I would have known like the moment she learned and felt comfortable telling people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair, okay.
Speaker 1: Her second question, are we crazy for thinking our combined parents, siblings, friends will be okay without being in a hotel. We love the outdoors. We want to be out in the mountains and close to trails and amazing scenery, not inside a hotel in the cities. We want to book a spot that has both cabins and tinting options so our family can see the best, see what best suits them, and have them close to us. We would like to show our families and friends one of our absolute favorite states and give them that magical Colorado scenery experience, just hoping it's not too bold to ask of them. I think as long as you have the cabin option that has indoor plumbing, you're fine. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Same, because there's.
Speaker 1: No way on earth I would want to camp out in a tent for someone's wedding. I would feel dirty, gross, like I didn't get good sleep. I would probably not love that, but some people are totally.
Speaker 2: Fine with that.
Speaker 1: So as long as I had an option for a cabin with indoor plumbing, I would think it. I'd be fine. Yeah, and I agree fully with Balan. I don't think I have anything to add to that. One number three are and it's the last one. Our friends that are coming have a baby. He would be over a year by the time of our wedding. Our friends were on the fence of bringing him and thinking to maybe not travel with him. We plan to book a cabin together. We still haven't as just us four, and then now they're pregnant again. We are so happy for them, but want to ask if we can choose to not have a cabin together. We just selfishly want to enjoy our time and not worry about two kids running around, plus one being barely four months old at the time of the wedding. I would never have agreed to booking a cabin with someone with a one year old the night of my wedding anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 1: First of all, don't know what that one year old sleep schedules like, but if it's like all of they wake up a lot still even at like one years old and it's four month old.
Speaker 2: Every kid's very different with how they sleep, but like it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would if it was like my best friend and it was a camping wend, I don't think I would bring my one year old baby anyway, four month old you probably have to bring because they're too little. Yeah, I don't think you should feel bad about that at all. I think a good friend would understand. On your wedding night, especially you just want some peace and you want to do with your partner, So just say that, be like, hey, you know what, and I don't know what your relationship is, be like, hey, I plan on hooking up, so you know if I won't do this alone. Yeah, I think that's fine. I think your friends are going to understand for sure. Unless it's for some reason something to do with like financial reasons and they wouldn't be able to afford having like their own place, then like maybe that's where like something dramatic, but something might happen where they'd be upset. But I just fully think that they would understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I get like if it was like the expenses higher because of that, then that might be a little harsh, but yeah, okay, here's someone who run in with a bunch of questions about radio. Okay, so they say, love your podcast and the fun extremely relatable topics you cover. I always wanted to contribute in some way and thought of a topic I've been so curious to learn more about through you both, and hope our listeners feel the same. I love the mentions of the behind the scenes radio knowledge you have shared in previous episodes, and thought it would be super fun to learn more about the general business of radio.
Speaker 2: So here are some questions.
Speaker 1: Totally answer if you can't, or totally understand if you can't answer some of these. How do radio stations make money advertising or events where like a client will sponsor it, Like we used to do Star Party. We would have clients sponsor that event, so you'd be like Star Party brought to you, blah blah blah, And that's I get. The commercials are frustrating. That's literally how we make money. So it's a it's one of those good and bad situations. Yeah, I get as a listener you don't want to hear seven minutes commercials.
Speaker 2: But that's like how we pay the bills, So it's it's busy. You can listen to us for free instead of pain of subscription, right for sure.
Speaker 1: What have been some of the biggest changes challenges after COVID. I mean initially was just we didn't During COVID, we didn't have any giveaways because there were no events, and that really changes that it dynamic. I mean you think of radio stations, that's how I win concert tickets, right, Yeah, and then we didn't have events, and even like the events we had Star party and stuff were weird. It was like a watch from home and I'm like, I don't know, it was bizarre.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say since COVID, I think a lot of companies have experienced this. But we've had quite a few rounds of big layoffs company wide throughout the nation, and so that's taken a hit on a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are doing way more roles than they ever anticipated and what their jobs should have originally been. That's kind of in terms of like the work area, but in terms of events, actually, it's hard for us to do something like a star party now because artists only want to do their own concerts. They don't want to come and do like a twenty minute quick set with five other artists on a radio stations concert.
Speaker 2: They want to.
Speaker 3: Have their own where it's just them and they're like the featured artists. They're making ton of money, yeah, from their merch and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of the only thing I can think of there.
Speaker 1: Does the morning show have less listeners now because less people are commuting into work and working in an office setting. I think yes. I think that that's just radio in general. I don't think that's just specifically to morning show, though. I think there are less listeners, And also the way people are listening is just different. You're listening. A lot of people are listening on an app. That's why we push the iHeartRadio app so hard. But now also a lot of people are going into work again, so it's interesting. I would actually argue that there's kind of like both ways. Like if you're not commuting into work and you're not listening to your radio, that's one thing, But then there's the people who are working from home and who can literally listen to their radio on their phone at all times instead of having to have gone in the office and not being able to listen to like the whole show because you start at eight and so the rest of the show you can't listen to. So I think it's kind of of like, yes, maybe commuting wise takes away from some people, but now some people are listening more at home, they said, And I'm just reading these lives, so some of these I don't know if we can actually answer. Follow up to that question, is that why Steve O's position was eliminated or why there were less people working on the morning show for a while he was part of like a mass company layoff because of COVID, people weren't advertising as much. They had to make cuts. And they said, and now the show has four people again, I must be doing well enough to hire more people.
Speaker 2: Yes, and no, I would say, because we still laid off.
Speaker 1: More people here recently. So I mean to be completely transparent, something that I feel like.
Speaker 2: A lot of companies do.
Speaker 1: You'll have people that I feel like have reached top salary, right, and you can get other people for less money. So at the time they were cutting, but that I would say, obviously I don't know what they make, but I'm going to guess obviously Bailey and Bot make less than Steve O did.
Speaker 2: Who worked here for over ten years. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So that doesn't necessarily mean things are doing better, although they are. I post COVID things are getting better for sure, Like people have budgets again to do advertising that they kind of had put on pause for a while. So I think there's a combination of factors that go into play there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see. They asked, are there more listeners to the AM show or the afternoon show? That's an interesting question because what I feel like I've noticed is I feel like morning show listeners are more loyal. Yeah, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I really feel like, first of all, Katiewb hasn't had like a and that's not a knock on Zach, by the way, hasn't had like a show show in afternoon. Zach had like kind of a jock show that's where you kind of talk over the intro songs, whereas Colt and I have like more extended breaks. They go on for longer. There's you know, you talk talk about topics and include listeners. So technically, when you look at numbers, what I see is the afternoon has a higher listening audience. However, I think there's way more competition in the mornings than afternoons, Like there are more big morning shows to listen to that divide numbers more. And also I just feel like the morning show people are more loyal. So I don't know how to like phrase that. I feel like technically, if like you looked at statistics, it would say more people are listening, but like way fewer people text into our afternoon show, for instance, than text into the morning show or call in for a segment than call in to the morning show segment. And I will say, in the year that I've been on the afternoon show, it has grown significantly because it's kind of like because.
Speaker 2: You're a boss. No yeah, no, thank you, Jenny.
Speaker 1: I think it's because you're like training people right, like they weren't used to being able to do that before. So it's interesting. And also we do talk a lot less still than the morning show. We play more music and it's it's interesting. It's been a big adjustment for me to like get used to that. I used to fight it a lot, and then I was kind of like, this is what it is. I have to like accept what it is and embrace what it is and just move forward. Let's see some of these are statistics that I don't know the answer to.
Speaker 2: I don't either. Let's see, do you.
Speaker 1: Listen to other stations slash other shows to get new ideas?
Speaker 2: Not really, but not not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's and it's not like actively to not, I'll go I think you get a little I don't know. It's it's hard for me to listen to radio shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same, I don't love listening to other radio shows just because like that's what I do for work, and truthfully, like, yes, we all have our own brand, we all have our own bits and stuff. But when it comes down to it, a lot of radio shows do phone calls with listeners. A lot of radio shows do games, Like it's kind of the same recipe. Yeah, just like a different product that comes out, you know what I mean. So I would say no to that. But what I do do is I will listen to a handful of different podcasts and there will be something that comes up in a podcast conversation that I'm like, oh my gosh, we should talk about this on our show. Absolutely, And I'll take a note from something I might have heard on a podcast or like a funny would you rather exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly how I am. There are a couple two or three podcasts I listen to very regularly. And I also like social media is great. That's where I'll find a lot of ideas for stuff. Like I did one like recently and it was just the guy who posted a video and he was like, you get twenty million dollars just spent on anything you want, but everything has to start with the first letter of your name.
Speaker 2: It's just like weird little thing like that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, that's funny, Colt and I could have a conversation about that. Yeah, So you get inspiration that those that way. When I was younger starting out in radio, I did listen to other shows.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: It was much harder to listen to them back then, especially in other markets, But there were a couple of shows I would check out and I was so new and young, and it's felt like such big radio and I'm like, that's so cool. They can do that and pull that off, Like I could never do that in Indiana.
Speaker 2: So it's just.
Speaker 1: Changed a lot. Okay, any other surprising or interesting things you remember the most when starting in radio.
Speaker 2: I like that one.
Speaker 1: It was like everything seemed really big and grand and isn't it funny? You get into it and it's like, no, we're still doing like fun, cool things, but it's part of your everyday so you don't acknowledge that as much.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I was like just telling Follon recently, how like we get invited to some really fun, cool events, and sometimes I just get my schedule and I'm like dreading the week ahead, even though it's like really cool, fun events that I said yes to go into. And it's wild because I remember the very first time I was invited to like this restaurant opening thing and I had never been invited to that, and Fallen was there with Jake, and I was so hyped that I got to go. And now I do get invited to a lot of those things, and I say no half the time.
Speaker 2: Now it's just weird.
Speaker 3: So I've tried to get a little bit of a mind switch, because I know some people would love to do and go to these events. But at the same time, as you get older, you get busier in your titually value your desires of what you want to do with your time. Yeah changes, So it's like I don't really want to set myself to go to three events on like throughout one week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 1: And the last question, specific question for Fallin now being on the Jason Show, is there anything super surprising slash interesting you've learned about the business of TV. Oh, it's a really good question, and I feel like I should have taken time to think of that. This TV show in particular is just so different than what I do because I will send them ideas, but I don't have to come up with anything for the show if I don't want to.
Speaker 2: What do you do to prep for the Jason Show? Honestly, not any like nothing, But.
Speaker 3: Do they at least give you like a sheet ahead of time that shows like topics, how it's going to be wrong or something.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'll know like a guest that's coming up and stuff like that, because we'll do like Jason has teasers the day before so like tomorrow week, like today we have a crafting mom on right, so like I'll know if like a celebrity or someone's coming on.
Speaker 2: I could choose to research it.
Speaker 1: But when I used to fill in, I was never on with and I don't think his previous co hosts were either. I was never in the segments with when he had a guest on, I would go on the back and play on my phone, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then now with the new set, I'm actually in a lot of these segments, so it's actually different. I'm like, oh, I should should probably start thinking of like some questions to ask to be involved. So that isn't that different than having a guest on the on the radio. So I get there at nine am. The show starts at ten. At nine, Jeff the producer, runs through everything that's going to be on the show, and a lot of it's pop culture based, so I already know the stories and already have an opinion on it. So if they hit on because they do hit a lot of older celebrity gossip, and I don't mean like the stories all that, I mean the actors or whatever. They're older celebrities that I don't know as well. I just am like all this, like, hey, I don't really know who that person is. So you guys take the like obviously, Jason will take the lead on that, and I can make comments, but and like, I don't watch like Real Housewives, so if they comment on that, I'll be like, oh, like I don't know, Like I don't watch that show. But they want me to submit things that I am watching and different things. So it's a combination of ideas like I do for the radio show. It's just that they have a full team to execute everything, and for our show it's me and cult, you know what I mean. Like we used to have head that would sometimes come in and help Nope, now I mean Ted didn't like execute anything for our show. He would at least be another voice to help us out with a game. But yeah, it's just so it's different. I haven't I'm trying to think about, like learned. I mean, obviously the timing is way more important. Yeah, for TV, way more important. Like radio was like you should be getting out of a segment at a certain time, but if you are a little bit late, my boss will yell at me. But I'm not going to like take the radio off the air. Where is the TV? No, Like shut up, you have to stop and go to commercials.
Speaker 3: That just sparks something if you want to hear one behind the scenes thing with radio. When I first started on the morning show, you know, Steve was the executive producer, So one of my tasks was every morning we would start the show with a two minute clip of whatever was super funny the day before, So Steve would say, hey, pull a clip from the segment, and I thought that it had to be two minutes on the fucking dot.
Speaker 2: I would spend oh, like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Editing that because I also used to not be as good at editing, so I would spend so long editing it, thinking.
Speaker 2: It editing right on the dot. I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Steve never told me he'd be like, make this two minutes, so I was like, in my perfectionist head, okay, two minutes. I didn't think it could be two minutes and three seconds. So for a very long time, I spent so long editing that one clip that started the show every single day. And we did that for like probably a year or so, and eventually I learned, yeah, we're much more loosey goosey with the timing than what I thought it was. Right, But I came from a different morning show that like, my responsibilities didn't come down to anything that affected the timing of the show. Yeah, it was just like loading audio clips that they might need and editing a podcast or something. So yeah, no, I used to be like very stressed out about that clip.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I felt so bad you spent that long on that, and I can sane, you know, bad on.
Speaker 3: Me for not talking to Steve about it, and like, but I just I was like, well, I can do this. I can figure this out on my own. And I should have probably been like, yo, I can't get this to two minutes.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Well she didn't say we couldn't use her name. I don't think so. She just said love you both, and thank you for the many laughs and interesting topics you bring every week.
Speaker 2: And that is from again.
Speaker 1: I don't see where she said don't use her name, so Sarah, So thank you Sarah for such a thoughtful email. That is our time this week. So thanks for hanging out with us. And if you ever have an email, it's a Fallon at KATIWB dot com or Jennie at KATIWB dot com and hope you have a great week.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. Yeah, thank you