Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up new neat advice, so.
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 2: It's just as fast as you can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come man Dix.
Speaker 4: Is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: Now, Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. I'm still waiting for uh Mark to connect. I finally figured out how I can get this guy on the.
Speaker 4: Year not even a bro. How are you gonna bring me up?
Speaker 5: I'm on YouTube? Okay you are now. A minute ago it was just a splash screen, that's all.
Speaker 2: You're scaring the hell out of me there, Mark, No, no, I I think I was there. Okay, yeah, it was stay tuned for the Troubleshooter. Now I'm trying my automated scene switcher. It worked because Dragon. No, wait, who's doing the show right now? It is a Shannine. Then Shannon did actually hit it at the proper time, And if the show goes according to the proper time.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine why it would never according to the proplem.
Speaker 2: Hold on, guys, hold on, uh I'm just full from my I had a cat and a dog this morning, and god was it was Delicia. I had my my immigration my immigrant friends over and they fixed me a wonderful breakfast.
Speaker 4: You know, that's the hoddest thing I think held a dog.
Speaker 2: And a side of potatoes.
Speaker 5: What I thought you literally were saying you ate a cat and a dog?
Speaker 4: Is that not? Am I the only one they'd heard that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, it's it's for breakfast. And my Venezuelan friends are basically going around the neighborhood gathering stray dogs and cats, and uh, we're having a wonderful feast. And uh, in addition to that, we're listening to Taylor Swift music and all kinds of stuff. We're having a wonderful time.
Speaker 4: And uh, you're not going to bait me today. Brother.
Speaker 2: Hey, I actually never got more fun email about you. Loving it?
Speaker 4: Oh so I think I should bait you. I should.
Speaker 5: I got one about you. Okay, of course you're going to get I was no, no, no, this one was kind of shocking. I'm going to pull it up and I'll read it at some point. But uh man, this guy, this guy, let's just leave it like that.
Speaker 4: Was really upset with you, big Why you know.
Speaker 2: Because I bring out what everyone thinks. I mean, you know I'm not And I made this very clear. I'm not talking about my preference. I'm talking about what I think.
Speaker 5: You and I think said yesterday. Hold on, I'm just gonna have to pull it up on What did.
Speaker 2: I What did I say? Well, I want you to get on zoom too, because I want to show people how how smart I am to do this.
Speaker 5: So you too, how you feel figured it out? Huh, it'll be very interesting. Hold on, I'll have this up in a second. So keep your mouth running, keep going while I get it up. All right, That sounded really bad. No matter how I look, I get it up. Okay, Mark three oh three, seven to one three. Talk really seriously. It's not a political show. And no, I want to make this clear. Bar I ready, hold on, do you make comments? I just want to make this clear. Have you heard me?
Speaker 2: Yesterday? I wasn't saying anything un reasonable. I was saying how this.
Speaker 5: Person thinks you said the most unreasonable thing in the world.
Speaker 4: What did I say?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 5: Disappointed longtime listener of your show. Every day you're fighting to get scumbags out of business.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: Today you said you would vote for Trump you have no problem to put the biggest scumbag of all time in the White House. Rapist, fraud, insurrectionist, convicted felon.
Speaker 2: Somewhat said, let me explain this.
Speaker 5: I did disappointment. What a disappointment you are, Tom Martine. Okay, let me explain this. Trump in no way, and I mean this now, I really.
Speaker 2: Want to get serious. He doesn't reflect my morals or my moral compass. But I don't. I think a lot of the charges mark a lot of the civil cases were stupid.
Speaker 4: But I'm not even going that far.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that no one has ever been prosecuted for exaggerating on a financials. By the way, financial statements, I really need to make this clear. They're not audited instruments. Everyone makes out their own financial statement for banks.
Speaker 4: Banks look at them and.
Speaker 2: Then ask for clarification, or they make the loans. These banks wanted to make the loans, they knew they were good loans. They didn't want to sue. They never got they never got dinged dime. Okay. Now, having said that, so those were bogus. Now what about the other ones? Well, I don't know that much about the.
Speaker 5: Other The section has already weighed in on the immunity, so most of those charges are gone.
Speaker 2: But the sexual harassment they're talking about in all know what they.
Speaker 5: Talk about that New York literally changed the laws on the books in order to go after him, and then the law reverted back after they went after Trump.
Speaker 4: For those literally the law reverted back to where they couldn't do the same thing again.
Speaker 2: It's true what Mark is talking about. Honest to god, they specifically extended the statute of limitations for sexual harassment and rape, specifically for civil damages for a six month period. After the lawsuit was filed. The law went away, and they've hurted it.
Speaker 5: I mean, but there are still people going after Mark Martin.
Speaker 4: I'm not denying that.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to explain to this guy why would vote for but what here's what people say about that even though they changed the law, had he never done it, it wouldn't have been an issue.
Speaker 4: So I'm not going to go there.
Speaker 2: All I'm going to say is this, I don't personally I know Mark loves him, I don't personally like him. I don't like him like he's upset with He's a child. If you heard him in that debate last night. I have the biggest crowds ever. I have the biggest this, I have the biggest that, I got this many of most. Nobody's ever done this, Nobody's ever done that. Okay, look, I don't like all that bravado. Here's all I'm saying. By having him in office, you do get to stop a lot of other nonsense. It has nothing to do with him. Why why for one believe not one person in that office is going to change the course of history. But what I do think is they will allow others to have voices because right now, no matter how you look at it, we have a lopsided government and our country is swinging way way, way, way too far left. I don't want it to swing way, way, way, way too far right. I tend to be very and nobody cares what I tend to be. But I want this guy to know why I said Trump It wasn't for Trump the person, because I don't really care about that and all this crap about the person. You know what, Biden's not a great person either. He's been in business, he's been in the government business for forty some odd years, and takes bribes like all of them. They all suck. So what you have to do is pick the lesser of evils. That's really what you have to do. And they all suck. They really all suck, except for Jimmy Carter, and he sucked as a president. You know, I think Clinton was okay, I wasn't that terrible about Obama. I love Reagan. I mean, look, here's the bottom line. I don't no one cares how I'm good of votes, So sir, you should even care, you know, go in and pull the lever for whoever you want. But but I don't believe, Okay, I don't believe we need more of the same.
Speaker 4: That's all. That's all.
Speaker 2: Now, having said that, I'm digesting my dog and kat I'm listening to Taylor Swift during the breaks. I'm having a good time here, you know.
Speaker 5: And I do want to say something about that debate real quick. She definitely won, but the fix was in for him. She'd never seen moderators like fact check. I think they fact checked them forth on the run. They didn't do anything nothing to Kamala. And she puts some big whoppers out there. Here's the one, here's the one they always save the one.
Speaker 2: Here's the one he always says that they always say they always say this, he's going to adopt Project twenty twenty five. How many times can he say he's not? Then he then he's going to have a national abortion ban. He said leave it to the states. But that's not that's not what they want him to say. So they put words up. Why didn't they fact Why didn't they fact check that? Well?
Speaker 4: I don't know, because it was it was three.
Speaker 6: Ones the democratic partisan side.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know they have I don't want to be a mark. I want you to get on so I can show people how smart he break.
Speaker 4: I'll try it.
Speaker 7: Hey, Tom, One thing you know that you said, I really believe that if if the Democrats retained power, it will change history because the unfettered immigration crisis will contart.
Speaker 2: But doc, I didn't say it wouldn't. I said, one person can't do that in thetive office.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 7: I think if Kamala gets elected, then we will have an unfettered immigration crisis and it will change the country.
Speaker 4: It's not because of one person.
Speaker 5: No, it is not because it's because you can close that border.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: If congret listen, if you add a Democratic president and Republican lawmakers, that would be different. And then you have conservative court or liberal court, and and you have Democrat Congress and a Republican president. All I'm saying is our system is set up or one person can't do that much doubt.
Speaker 5: When it comes to the border, though I have to disagree with you.
Speaker 4: They can cat down the border with this way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pay, you're right, executive orders and all of that. And by the way, I for one think executive orders are overdone. They're totally overdone, and I think there should be more oversight for that.
Speaker 4: By the way, I just I want to say.
Speaker 2: One, no one really as I said, no one really cares about my political views. But when you.
Speaker 5: Write critic you've been around this town. I want to tell you exactly the sentiment. And I'm speaking for a lot of people, not myself, but it's this. You're the troubleshooter. You're the guy that puts the scumbags away. You're the one that spreads that spotlight on the news stations for forty years, on the radio, in print.
Speaker 4: You're that guy.
Speaker 5: So when you talk about politics, they get really pissy, some of them, usually the lefties.
Speaker 2: I tend to be conservative when it comes to economic issues, and I crime, and yeah.
Speaker 4: When it comes to when it comes to.
Speaker 2: Social issues, I don't think we should ever be involved in that. I mean, everyone just is so busy trying to tell people how to live their lives. Who cares? I think where it gets, where it gets messy is where that starts infringing on others people lives, and that gets into all of that sports thing with transgenders.
Speaker 4: And I don't even get involved in that.
Speaker 2: I think that's up to those who participate to make the rules. I don't participate in that. If it affected me, maybe I would. I have to code to Carl now real quick to start this. Carl, go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 10: Tom? Are you doing that? Thanks for taking my god?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 11: Question about credit credit cards? Not knowing?
Speaker 10: Just wondering if if have being too many credit cards? And is there any laws that which I guess the person would be violating? And before you, before I say that, can me give you a kind of a background. I was talking to a family member yesterday and he basically and I and you know, I got the average credit card, a couple of credit cards, and my family member said, I have eighteen credit cards sold in a quarter million dollars and I said, I think that's something not right with that. And the reason why I thought it because I said, well, how does one you know? But if he's not capable of paying you know, that quarter million dollars back, I mean, what could the credit company take some kind of legal action, not just sue him and get it judgment. I'm saying, is there any fraud or anything like that?
Speaker 2: You mean fraud because you know what I want to talk about that there actually have been lawsuits like that and there's a very good chance, well not a good chance, but a chance that could happen. I'm gonna consult with my expert, Taylor Swift on this and then I'll be back to you, and more so, hang on seriously, we'll come back with an answer. I'm Tom Martine Moore. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five y five. Waterpros dot net. They have that special, the unbelievable special, and that's the one where you can get the whole house softening and get rid of all the chemicals, plus triple filter reverse osmosis for drinking for thirty one ninety five. I'm going to tell you some Mark, what would that cost? With a plumber? What would it cost? Fifteen sixteen grand for those two systems are more probably twelve yeah, eight six two five five y five four. That is three oh three eight six two five five five four. Paul the Waterman, it's waterpros dot net. Now Carl wants to talk about something is very interesting. Now, Carl, there is something I want to talk about, and that is when you have credit cards. And uh, actually, Mark and I discussed this years ago, and it was it was so right, it was so right the way the way we did it, and that was this. What happened was it was kind of like the way he explained it is that we.
Speaker 4: Had to.
Speaker 2: How do you but we had to have enough credit cards that our usage every month did not go over a certain percentage.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, it.
Speaker 2: Couldn't be too much too many credit cards. So what you want to do, For example, let me just give you an example.
Speaker 4: If you have a.
Speaker 2: Credit card, one credit card, and you use that credit card, your credit will go up and down during the month tremendously based on percentage.
Speaker 5: Mind flexes by any given time based.
Speaker 2: On percentage of credit used. So when you have to credit card cards, the chances of that happening are less because if you have now instead of one thousand dollars in credit, you have two thousand in credit, and you use one card, you still have another whole thousand left.
Speaker 4: So percentage of credit used is less.
Speaker 2: The more credit cards you have is good when it comes to percentage of credit used.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's more credit no matter you look at it. People have extended you more credit, but they want you to have the credit extended but not to use it. It's weird.
Speaker 2: They want you to use a certain percentage of the credit and I believe to get really high marks. You never want to go over thirty percent of credit granted. Well, as Mark was alluding to, and what happens with us with business, we use the credit cards to get points and everything. We put everything on those everything, everything. So at the end of the month we're looking like bums, right because we're using eighty seventy percent of our credit. Eighty percent of our credit. But here's the point, it's best to use thirty percent or less. It's called good credit utilization. That's one algorithm. But then there's another one, which is strange. If you have too much credit granted to you in regards to income, then you can have a serious problem, you see. And that's where that's where it gets to be weird, is where you.
Speaker 5: But but to circle back, Carl, it is not illegal unless if you're trying to perpetrate some kind of fraud like now bankruptcy or something that's not Tell them.
Speaker 2: What happens, Tell them what happens. If you declare a bankruptcy and you had all of those what would.
Speaker 5: Happen, well, ninety nine percent of the time, it wouldn't be fraudulent. It's un there's nothing the credit card companies can do. There's no security like if it is on a house. So basically the debt gets wiped out. It's gone. Let's say you were Trump, Well then they'd come after you.
Speaker 2: No, I'm serious or somebody like that. They will come after you and say you use too much credit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but generally speaking, in a bankruptcy, all your credit card debt's gonna go away, unless once again, you were perpetrating some kind of fraud. And that's the whole point.
Speaker 5: But most people who that have eighteen credit cards, the problem isn't fraud. The problem is they start using one credit card to pay for another credit card, to pay for the card, to pay for the mortgage, to pay for the rent, the phone bill, everything else, and pretty soon all eighteen are maxed out. They can't get any more credit. Then they got to pull that trigger.
Speaker 2: Now, if I'm gonna put you on, if I'm gonna put you on, here people, what you have to do is look right now, you look at the camera. Look at Marky is on. There you go. Now. YouTube has a little lag in it, but Mark is on. So I can put him on when he's talking, or I can put him over my shoulder. I can manipulate him anyway I want.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, sounds great, Yes, I can. Good time to do this.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 4: This is a good time to work on it?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with working on it?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put him over my shoulder. I'm gonna put him on Okay, so there he is. Now, Now watch this one.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I got to figure out. Look at this one. Now he's over my shoulder.
Speaker 2: Hold On, don't.
Speaker 4: See well it has a little lag in it.
Speaker 2: Doc is there? No, I don't see it. Do Doc normally doesn't see his face.
Speaker 4: That's probably looking at you know, Yahoo dot com.
Speaker 7: Hey, Tom, if you want to hear something interesting instead of all this, I just said something that showed the price of insulin in forty countries.
Speaker 4: The price of insulin in forty countries.
Speaker 6: States was about one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: The next thirty five, Doc, I don't think your MIC's on.
Speaker 7: Oh Tom, I'll say he's poice of insulin in the United States is about one hundred dollars for dose. In the other thirty five countries, it went from three dollars to twenty dollars.
Speaker 6: Max. Is that ridiculous? Yeah, it is like to make a call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So anyway, Doc, it's not only insulin. There's a whole bunch of stuff. This is happening with a whole.
Speaker 7: I know that's one of the most hused drugs in our country.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven one three talks. So from now on, Mark can't complain because when he is, uh, always see him. Yeah, exactly, He's going to be on and you're gonna and it's gonna be doing whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure I'm frozen there, bro, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think you're frozen now, I see it moving. I think that YouTube might be screwed up sometimes, you know the YouTube, But he's there if anybody wants to see what we're doing here, I'm just trying to update this anyway. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Now, somebody said we should bet on the outcome of the election.
Speaker 4: I'm done betting with you, sir.
Speaker 2: You don't think I pay it, but you're not that you just one reason I don't like betting is because I don't want to bet against what I want to happen.
Speaker 4: Oh, here comes to hate mail now, No, I just.
Speaker 2: I don't want to bet against what I want to happen. I want to see more balance in the government. I want to get rid of the Democrat in the White House, and I want to see balance in both houses. Here's the text, Tom. Have you noticed there was no previous former Republican president vice president that endorsed Trump and was at his convention, including Trump's previous VP.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No one who works with worked with him before, will ever use him again. In fact, they they endorse Harris. All the people who worked with Harris loves her. Anyone who served under Trump denounces him. Of course, what does that say about him?
Speaker 4: He's a tough boss.
Speaker 2: The people who were unsaved and did things on his behalf are serving time in jail or indicted. There were more people indicted in the Trump administration.
Speaker 5: Well, that's because the Democrats own the Department of Justice and.
Speaker 2: For the super MAGA. It is just that if they tell you a lie long enough, you're going to believe it.
Speaker 5: Now, where did that come out of? What playbook? Did that come out of that laptop?
Speaker 4: My friend? There's nothing to see here.
Speaker 5: How many people was at eighteen DOJ and FBI before the election came out in twenty twenty, saying that it was Russian propaganda, and we were told that until what until everybody said, oh, whoops, we were wrong.
Speaker 4: That was under his laptop.
Speaker 2: Now somebody said this, as a YouTube watcher of your program, I have been overhearing that soon if the program is going to be broadcast from iHeart, it won't be on YouTube. I've never heard anything.
Speaker 5: Well, now, we were kind of discussing that on air, or at least off air on YouTube. Oh did did did? I I'm not We're probably not going to have Wi fi here. Oh is that what you were talking about?
Speaker 2: I know he was saying, a policy of iHeart will be their shows camp be on YouTube. Why would why would they ever do that?
Speaker 4: No, why would they do that? That would be crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean that would be crazy too. I mean, you want as much distribution of your product as possible.
Speaker 4: Not already that.
Speaker 5: But I mean, you know, there are Flagship, and there are friends, and they're great people, but they don't know the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but but they of course could say, hey, you know, we're not doing it and do whatever they want. It's their studio, agree and anybody can. Anybody can. So the point is this, you know, the real. The real point is you have to kind of.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 2: It's just the kind of thing that you have to play ball with. I mean, there are so many points of distribution right now. What most broadcast are upset about is not that the on air product is being rebroadcast.
Speaker 4: It's when it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Carry commercials or they don't make money off the commercials. This is something all broadcasters and all media people don't like. They don't want you using their stuff and making money. Now, when you post on YouTube, you agree to that. You say I'm going to allow you to do this. So to a certain extent, you give up that right. And maybe there's talk with big broadcast chains if where our shows are going to be on we need a piece of the revenue. Who knows anyway, I'm Tom Martino three three seven to one three talk, get your calls in, and honest to god, I'd really like to know without getting into the Hey, I would like to know what you thought about performances, Just performances, not what they were saying, because do you know most people look at performance and not what people say. Did you know that she was very composed and very tegether like a prosecutor would be it's hard, but listen, another thing. She never denied raising bail money for the riots and all that other stuff and defunding police. I mean, but I am not telling you that one side one or the other. I want to know what you thought she won.
Speaker 4: But once again, that goes back to dirty tricks.
Speaker 5: And I'll just say this, and people hate this, but when Trump talks about, you know, the election being fixed, I don't think he's necessarily talking about like they somehow planted or came up with votes. I think it was stuff like the Biden laptop, the stuff like people on Twitter, they couldn't even hear from him anymore. Facebook blocked him. I mean, it was all of those which were basically dirty tricks, but the biggest one, that Hunter laptop, I think would have swung the election the other way, and that's just wrong. They can't do it. So with the debate, there's no way Trump won. I mean, she dominated the whole thing, with the exception of maybe the first minute or two. In the last two minutes, I thought he did a lot better. But other than that, she sandwiched him in between and killed him. But here's the deal, it doesn't even matter. It was three on one. It was a dirty trick.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we got more coming up. You saw Marky there. I was a little late on the trigger, but I'm getting better at it doing this YouTube directing. Some of it's automatic. So anyway, give us a call if you have a problem, question or complaint. We'll be right back with more. And I want to tell you about Frankrand therealestate man dot com. People right now are wondering should I sell, should I not sell?
Speaker 4: What can I get for the house? What will I net? What can I buy?
Speaker 2: And now with the new commission structure, meaning that there are no set commissions, you can build commissions in. You can have the buyer pay all of them, the seller pay all them. You can do whatever you want. It's all negotiable, they said to the realtory, as you can't have a set price. Frank, we'll go over all of that with you. And yes, he negotiates everything, especially if you use them both for the buying and the selling. He's a great person and I'll do this free evaluation three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Frank durand homes dot com go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, here your troubleshooter. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com for honesty and integrity, and I talked about solar systems. They put in these high efficiency electric heat pumps or hybrid furnaces. They specialize in that they do a great job. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Garrett and the Boys You'll love three h three seven seven zero two seven seven six. All right, Deputy Bow has a follow up? I believe. Let me get this feed people. Uh we got deputy is Deputy Bow on camera? There is he there or not?
Speaker 6: I'm here, Tom, Okay.
Speaker 4: Get you get have Mark turn that camera? Oh yeah, I'm gonna walk around with his camera.
Speaker 6: I don't need pictures.
Speaker 2: Oh is that him in the background there?
Speaker 4: Wait here, wait, wave at me, bro wave at me.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's you. Okay, go ahead now I'm going to keep you up while you're talking.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, okay. A small follow up.
Speaker 12: This is on Eric that called on August fourteenth in eleven o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: What was his name? Eric?
Speaker 6: Eric?
Speaker 12: Yeah, he was getting.
Speaker 6: Problems at King Supers.
Speaker 2: He was oh no, no, no, no, no, no. You're talking about the guy that was called a racist, right, anyone, that's a big story. That guy said that. This white clerk said, I ain't wait oh wait no, no, he wasn't a racist. She was right, he said. He went and asked her to picked some cigarettes out of the She was up at the god booth there and he said, can I have some cigarettes? She goes, no, ask so and so who's a black man? Because I'm racist? And he claimed that she treats them like crap, and they all treat them like crap because they're racist.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, right, And he was selling burritos outside these and.
Speaker 4: They told him he can't do that. He was just very upset. Look at I'm not going to belittle what he's saying.
Speaker 2: He said, that they are treating him bad because he's black.
Speaker 12: Right down the bottom line.
Speaker 6: I think it was just a rude comment.
Speaker 2: But he was I thought it was. People said it was sarcastic comment, meaning that I thought meaning he apparently called her racist before or thinks she's racist. So when he asked her to get cigarettes, I think what happened was she was kind of pissed at him anyway and said, no, ask so and so, who is another clerk? Let Glennard help you. I'm racist, And then that's what's it. Then he also said he had four stage cancer in his prostate colon, lung and brain, which right.
Speaker 12: The only thing I was concerned about him is that he said on the air that they banned him from the store. And I was concerned about the guy with this answer that he couldn't go into the pharmacy.
Speaker 2: What about it?
Speaker 12: So I called the manager down onto the administrative offices just see if they had comment on it. And wouldn't do it. So I drove out to that Stapleton store. Yeah, and I just talked to one of the officers. I think it was a Denver police officer.
Speaker 6: They knew him.
Speaker 12: All I wanted to find out is old grumpy Eric allowed to go into the store and get his drugs for his chemotherapy, and he is, he is allowed to go into the store. So if he's listening, I know he knows that he's allowed, but he's sat on the air that he was totally banned from the store.
Speaker 6: And that's not true.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all I have, and I think we well, that's good. No, No, that's good because that was the one thing we were concerned about bo that you know he was he kept claiming he couldn't go there to get his meds. Of course, I said, go anywhere else? Who cares, right, I.
Speaker 6: Mean he couldn't.
Speaker 2: He can't drive.
Speaker 12: And I get apparently that Stapleton store is only a few blocks from where he lives, so he can go into the store and get his droughts.
Speaker 2: Mark, how do we answer this one? Since you handle all this stuff? It says we love listening to podcasts and we're one of the many thousands that downloaded. And I get this a lot, Mark, I get this from all over the country. I mean, we're one of the top downloaded shows. But here's what I hear. Who the hell inserts the commercials in the podcast. They're haphazard. Sometimes they come in the middle of a sentence. Now, so there's different ones. We insert a few commercials.
Speaker 5: The ones we do were Compass, Frank Duran and somebody ouse I forget offhand, but those are really quick. They're like ten second spots and they run together and they're inserted willy nilly.
Speaker 4: But who cares.
Speaker 5: The problem is anybody that uploads it to different places they insert their own commercials, So by the time someone actually listens to the show, there could be one hundred commercials put in there by numerous different people. That's generally how it works. Okay, okay, so we insert some, then iHeart inserts some and then give me one. Spotify then insert some Apple Music, then inserts some Wherever you're listening to it, they insert their own commercials. iHeart inserts their own commercials. We insert our own commercials. So depending on how you listen to it, you might get ten commercials or you might get fifty.
Speaker 2: God man, but there's nothing we can do about the placement?
Speaker 9: Is nothing?
Speaker 4: Of course enough? All right?
Speaker 2: That was Mark? And isn't it nice to see to both people? I can go back and forth here I am.
Speaker 5: I gotta figure out where to put that camera in here? Though, I think I'm gonna put it where the old one used to be. But here's the problem. This is gonna work out wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, hello, yeah, I said put it where the sun don't shine?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well that's funny. Okay, here's what I think. Where is that?
Speaker 5: Where is where does the suddenly I don't know that's the same. How do you know the sun doesn't shine on my ass? Well, first of all, no one said it was your ass. Oh hold on, we got a little, we got the survey up. Does the feed look better since Tom took it over? Okay, let's see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's not overwhelming, but it's it's I got a majority.
Speaker 5: Come on, how can you say no? Then they're gonna love it when all of a sudden it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Well, that could happen to anyone, right, Okay, Yes, more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Stay tuned and we have a lot of excitement. We're gonna give my best dog and cat recipe right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Uh, you got Mark over there in the studio. Bo I trust you got all the the uh updates. Here's some texts, Now, I have texts. Here's where I get texts five seven seven three nine is the iHeart app? And then I have the calls, the uh, the uh uh Google thing seven four seven nine nine. And here's one that says Tom, if I was hiring a nanny to watch my kids, it wouldn't be Trump. But he's the best for running the country and cleaning out the swamp. Anyway. There's a lot of other stuff too. I'm putting a few together. I'll read coming back. Plus, we're solving your problems, answering questions and taking complaints on The Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 1: New need advice?
Speaker 3: Who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino, Your Troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Let me get rid of that zoom one and make a better one. So we're trying. We're trying, folks. Our feed is UH is h new new software and UH if you're tuning into the YouTube stream, it's just a little, a little some growing pains. By the way, Welcome to the show. No kidding around. We are solving problems, answering questions, and taking complaints. And Compass Insurance reports that yesterday they had a tremendous, tremendous amount of response to the insurance Help Center. You can always get free quotes and if you're if you have a great deal.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't even want to know that.
Speaker 2: The Insurance help Center dot Com through a three nine nine six nine thousand. So we were discussing a number of things and this stat came out that I think you won't find surprising. College kids are the number one victims of scams during the back to school season. College students, not high school college students. As they return to campuses, they are being hit up for all kinds of credit cards, words, business scams, influencer schemes online especially TikTok, and those with the ads a lot of them are ripping them off getting information.
Speaker 4: They're also being targeted. I'm just going to say it.
Speaker 2: This article and a few articles I read don't say it.
Speaker 4: It's because they're stupid.
Speaker 2: When it comes to everyday life. We do not have an educational system that prepares people for life.
Speaker 4: It prepares them for academics and.
Speaker 2: Not for life. Not for life, you know. I imagine as you get into your specialty, if you went to graduate school, post secondary postgraduate like being a doctor, I don't know, deputy doc. If you remember back then, did medical school actually teach you the finer art of dealing with patients? Did you take psychology courses?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: Seriously, no they did.
Speaker 2: No, No, I didn't know that, so they really did. They talked about when you deal with a patient?
Speaker 4: What course?
Speaker 6: I mean, No, I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: You learn how to deal with patients, how to interview them, how to take a history.
Speaker 2: Obviously you need to know that they try to impart some empathy to you or oh your house, okay.
Speaker 7: And how take a history from a patient? And you know, of course, and that's been getting more and more as time passes.
Speaker 6: You know, we may have been ten percent.
Speaker 7: It's probably up to fifty percent now because medical schools will becoming more and more aware that you need that skill.
Speaker 2: Very good now, by the way, you can call three h three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Here's the point when when college students hit the road for college, they look for ways to make money. A lot of them are looking for passive income or income that doesn't take a lot of work. Does that sound familiar. I don't know if it's lazy, but they feel they can make big money, and they're being signed up to do secret shopping or to take surveys and supposedly it pays. Many of them are downloading apps that tell you can win money playing games. Solitaire, all kinds of games. That's just one of them, but a lot of them are skill games and they say you're going to make money, and a lot of the they're just getting their faces ripped off they're signing up, and it's amazing to me. It's totally amazing to me how they're being ripped and how they're being taken advantage of. There's almost there's almost none of them that are true. Hey, surveys and secret shoppings. I just want to warn me how many don't exist. Or they take your money and say they're going to sign you up, go ahead, whoever you go.
Speaker 7: I looked up one of those games where you can win money, and just out of kicks, I won fourteen cents.
Speaker 6: By playing with Delitaire.
Speaker 2: By the way, did you see those ads they talk about hundreds of dollars a day.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and then you have to pay.
Speaker 2: What I didn't understand is you have to put money on deposit and pay for each game.
Speaker 7: Well unless you do the free ones where you can win fourteen cents.
Speaker 4: And here's the deal. I mean, no one makes money.
Speaker 2: I don't care what they say they interview these people supposedly, you know on these ads that you have to watch in between. I hate these games where it's so hard to get to the game. You got to watch ad after ad after I'd rather just pay for the damn game. But even when you pay for it, you still have to watch ads. There's nothing free, and a lot of them now, even when you pay for no ad ads. There are so many in app purchases. Have you noticed the latest thing with apps is you have to put in a credit card. You get a three day trial or a six day trial or a five day trial, and then they start charging you and you have to pay monthly. There are hardly any true free apps anymore that are truly free.
Speaker 4: So when it comes to things.
Speaker 2: Like that like AI photo retouching and all of that, you have to pay like four bucks a week or so much a month. You can buy a yearly subscription and you don't get any ads, but you have to pay the other one if you get there. There are none of those that offer ads for no payment. Now that's where I would accept an AD during games. I don't like that. But if you're getting a functional like they have a fitness app for your phone, it's really incredible.
Speaker 4: It really does work well where the.
Speaker 2: Sensors will sense your pulse and they say it read blood sugar. I don't know how that's even possible even without a U unless you have one of the USB readers. They have some of those glucose readers that you plug into the bottom of your phone here and it will give you a certain amount of blood measurement. But doc, I don't know if you've seen those apps. They're incredible apps, but they cost a lot of money. I mean, you have to. You have to pay monthly for those suckers, or you're not going to get anywhere. So in any case, let me go to this one text. It says Kamala was wearing audio earrings and getting coached. Now, come on, where did you read that audio earrings? Somebody else says, have you noticed that Trump was not as yellow and his hair was not as bleached. Anybody know that. Anybody see that. All of the articles are saying that Trump lost and that she really proved herself. I'm not sure I'm going to go that far. But she didn't do what people thought. Deputy Doc said, just let her talk and it'll be word salad. But it wasn't. So somebody Mark said, for your camera to get rid of the sidebars. Do you go landscape or are you on?
Speaker 4: Are you on landscape or are you on uh wide?
Speaker 2: Okay, see, I don't know. That's just the Samsung phone. I guess they can't do what the Apple does? You know that there's no discussion.
Speaker 5: I'm sure that Apple's got a much better camera than my S twenty four ultrap.
Speaker 2: Here's a text Tom. As a member of the Klan, I have to report that Kamal has been working with us the whole time, and we're proud of the job she's doing. Oh no, no, they're not Kamela. I'm sorry she talked about the he's talking about the King supers oppressors. Anyway, Tom, if I was voting, oh I watched this, I said this and Nanny watched my children wouldn't be Trump. But if I'm voting for the most powerful and for important position, clearly Trump is best. Democrats think and spew that minorities cannot survive without them. They panner to our differences. One other text says, do you think that's the case? And I know, okay, here's another one. I noticed that some of my friends noticed during the debate that Camela's facial expressions could have suggested she had an earpiece and was taking directions. Does anyone think that you know the technology is there? I mean, you could very very well have an in earpiece that no one could detect. Do you think that anybody would ever do that and cheat? And how would they know? I mean, I don't know, how would you know. Have you ever seen those little tiny things that go in the air the hearing aids, Well, they have bluetooth capability. Someone could talk to you all day long. I often wonder if people ever do that.
Speaker 13: I have only one statement about the debate last night. If I could ring in as we happen go ahead, it was a little bit.
Speaker 2: Too rehearsed from on whose side?
Speaker 13: On Kamala's side, she basically was very scripted, and it just I'm not saying I'm not giving any sort of nonsense into the Twitter universe that says maybe she had a bug in her ear. But she sounded very rehearsed, like every question was perfect. So I'm going to present a different opinion. She had the questions.
Speaker 2: Listen to this. No one picked up on this. No one picked up on it, including the astute Mark Major, Mark Major, Mark Major. And it told me the same thing that Kelly just alluded to, that she knew what was coming in. I'm going to tell you, why do you know what phrase or clause or do you know what I'm referring to? She said something to everyone. She said something in the very beginning of the debate. I swear to god, she gave it away that she had been briefed. Think about what I want to know of any of you, really, she said, In fact, I can't believe I haven't brought it up yet, and I can pull I can't pull the clip while I'm on the air, but I will tell you she said something in the very beginning. I don't know, like in the first minute or so, but it was in the beginning, And I thought to myself, what. I swear to you. When I heard it, I said, no one picked up on this. She was briefed. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but okay, Doc, did.
Speaker 2: You hear anything that made that would have made you think that YouTube morons? Did you hear anything?
Speaker 6: I did not watch the bake Tom? What Tom?
Speaker 12: She may have when she said brief she may have been talking about she was coached well before the debate was known.
Speaker 2: She didn't say that. Here's what she said. Here's what she said, Please try to find it. I wish I would have cut it out and and made a sound bite, and maybe we can do that, but but maybe somebody listening or on the YouTube can do that.
Speaker 4: Here here's what she said.
Speaker 2: She goes, you're gonna hear this, and okay, I'm paraphrasing, but I swear to god it was something like this.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hear a lot of things tonight.
Speaker 2: In fact, he's going to bring up immigration all night long, or something about open board or something. And that's not even part of our topic. Even though there or she said, even though there will be no questions about it, he'll bring it up anyway. I swear to you. She it was something like that about immigration. Please look at it. She said something about Trump is going to talk about immigration even though it's not part of something or even if he's not asked about it. Something that just made me think right away, what, how does she know what we will be talking about?
Speaker 4: She didn't say what. She didn't say, He's going.
Speaker 2: To bring it up no matter what you ask She says he's going to bring it up even though it's not part of tonight's discussion, something like that, something like that. Did anyone hear that? I did?
Speaker 6: And that's why I say.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 2: Did anyone hear that?
Speaker 5: I know what you're talking about now that you described it, but I kind of disagree with the context of it.
Speaker 2: Let's maybe I'm I really think though I heard that, like something about even though it's not going to be part of the questions or even if he's not asked about it or something.
Speaker 4: And that's what's really strange when she.
Speaker 2: Said that, and damn it during your break, I'm going to try to find it, because I swear to you that I think she had she has some kind of information. Do you think campaigns, well, we know Nixon had spies. Do you think campaigns have spies though, and I don't mean evil spies that break.
Speaker 4: Into hotels ABC.
Speaker 2: Man, do you really believe now again, I'm going to sound like nay people are going to say, oh, Tom, you're drinking a kool aid. I'm not saying I don't or I do. I'm asking do you truly believe that the media talks to these political that the Democratic Party and tries to strategize.
Speaker 13: You really still gave the CNN dist right Hillary Clinton head of time.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's any deep throating like that?
Speaker 4: Yes, of course. Do you think on the Republican sign?
Speaker 2: I think that is clear when they talk about have you ever heard them, even in the fact checking, when they found Biden saying something or Kamela is saying something, they never couch it like this. This is one thing I've heard all the time that listen to this. Trump intentionally repeated a lie. They never say that when Kamala says, well, they're going to adopt twenty twenty five, or they're going to do a national abortion band or something, or even when they're talking about the past. Okay, she keeps repeating the lie that when they took over it was the highest unemployment rate since the Great Depression. It wasn't fourteen percent unemployment during COVID. Then by the time Trump after COVID, before By took over, it was down to six percent. So he did a good job getting the country back and probably would have gone more. So they took it over at six percent. The country was recovering on its own after COVID. But she said point blank, they inherited the highest unemployment rate since the Great Depression. Now, and they've said that over and over, and they've been fact checked over and over. So why doesn't anyone say, like, I don't even want to mention his name. He makes me so sick. He's on Channel nine and I swear to God, the guy is just I don't know how he keeps this straight face.
Speaker 4: He should be running for office. But he said, he says.
Speaker 2: But when people say things like and I'm not saying you gotta love Trump or love Camela, but don't don't be so obvious even if you hate Trump, but to say, they never say Kamala Harris continually or intentionally repeated the lie about unemployment. Never, they never couch things in those derogatory terms. Ever, not anyone in the media when they talk about a Democrat, but always when they talk about Trump. But then Trump should lose the idea about the twenty twenty election too, as far as I had all these votes and then I didn't have them, and then I have the biggest crowds, it sounds like it sounds like Penis jokes. You know, disc jockeys talk about the guy is just obsessed with his You know this this bragging stuff. People hate it. I think people hate it. Anyway, I got to take a break. Three oh three, seven to one to three, talk problems, questions or complaints are issues? Now on credit, Yes, you should have multiple credit cards, you should rate, rotate usage, and you should keep total amount of credit under thirty percent.
Speaker 4: Now you're going to hear wonderful.
Speaker 2: People talk about good good people talk about like Ramsey talks about no credit. Ever, no credit, everything's cash. I don't believe that. I believe credit is a tool, just like painkillers can be a tool. I mean that doesn't mean you abuse them. And I think credit is a tool. And I think the notion that you can get through your entire life without it is not realistic. And if you learn to use credit as a tool and manipulate the use of credit. It can be a very valuable tool. And then there's also something called leverage, where you use credit to leverage your positions. I'm not talking to the stock market necessarily, that's dangerous, but I'm talking about when you buy things like a house, for God's sakes, or when you buy certain vehicles. Now, you can't over leverage end up upside down. But I'm talking about a certain amount of debt and credit can be used as tools. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three Talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Back to the phones here and UH phone calls are liked today, but I'm getting a lot of text for some reason. Somebody wanted to know on insurance, the non owner UH policy that Brian was talking about, what does it?
Speaker 4: What does it mean?
Speaker 2: If you drive cars that are at work or from other people, and you drive a lot of non owner cars, you can get a policy, but it will never listen to this. This is what's weird about it. You can get a policy so you'll get medpay. You can get a policy for liability. You can get a policy for a number of things, but it will never pay if you're driving a car that you own. It's exactly opposite of what you think, so it will never do that.
Speaker 4: You must have.
Speaker 2: Policies for your cars, if you get a policy for yourself non owner.
Speaker 4: I used to do that, and I remember now I looked it up when.
Speaker 2: I had cars through purifoic Chevrolet for years and years, when I had the advertising deal and I endorsed them. They had their own insurance, but they didn't necessarily cover the type of things that I needed because they were owned by the dealership. So what I had to do was get the right kind of insurance for me like medpay and stuff like that and excess liability or things like that. And that's what I did. So it does work, but only for cars you do not own. So that was a text on that one. And I have another text and this. I'm gonna let Mark talk about this because this is at my Google number seven four seven, and someone wants to know, truly because they heard me joking. I need to check on Taylor Swift and see what she thinks about this issue when it came to a consumer problem. Does do you believe and I'm serious now when I'm asking this, that her endorsement can make a difference.
Speaker 5: You mean for the election or for her ticket sales? What are you talking about? No, for the election, I doubt anybody is swayed by Swift. I doubt anybody gets swayed by kid Rock as well. So I'm not saying anybody. I guess there are people that might, but no, I'll bet you a thing.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you that kids from eighteen to twenty five will do what she says.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: I think she'll see sales go down or demand. I mean, she sells out and probably will continue to sell out because Honestly, she's a great artist.
Speaker 4: I wish she didn't come out and do it.
Speaker 5: I'm really shocked, and people are going to go, well, she's thirty or whatever, but I'm really shocked her dad and manager.
Speaker 4: I bet they really didn't want.
Speaker 5: Her to do that because a lot of people that pay for the tickets for the kids to go to the show are conservatives and they might not want to spend that dough anymore. But I also think, you know what, everybody can have an opinion, so who gives a crap?
Speaker 2: So bottom line, you feel like, I don't think it'll move the election either way, Okay, I mean it's not going to be a big deal, is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: There's very few people that have that kind of influence over most people. I mean, she probably is one that does have some influence, But those people are going to vote Biden already.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think that really matters.
Speaker 7: Hey, I think the ones that are gonna be swayed are the teeny boppers of fourteen fifteen, sixteen can vote?
Speaker 5: My god, what was that from nineteen fifty five? The teeny boppers or what do you call them, teenagers, millennials, millennials. Hey, Tom, I want to ask something though, Yeah, you ready for uh uh truth and honesty. Yeah, what's the biggest We're talking credit cards and people having too many and financial issues. What's the biggest financial mistake that you've made? Oh my god, I got to ask you, man, I mean, in your life, what is the biggest the biggest one?
Speaker 4: Seriously?
Speaker 2: Okay, it was both, Okay, part of it was a mistake, part of it was a wealth builder. And I'll tell you what it was. Real estate. But specifically, I don't know how to this is weird, but specifically the way I did.
Speaker 4: It, I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 2: Okay. I had real estate that on paper and everyone it wasn't like exaggerated either that I was into for thirty dollars a foot. Let's say commercial real estate that on a bad day, on a bad day, it was sixty dollars of foot on a bad day, and on at and most of the time it was selling for seventy five to eighty five dollars of foot.
Speaker 4: Okay, most of the time.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: This is many years ago.
Speaker 2: But then it went up right after the recession, it went up to uh one hundred and eighty dollars of foot. But what here, here's what I'm getting at, is when you have equity on paper like that. So I was into it for thirty dollars a foot and.
Speaker 4: What was it like? What is that equal? In total?
Speaker 5: It's the highest amount. Well, okay, what that means is one hundred million?
Speaker 2: Well no, no, no, okay, in aggregate, in total. Since we're all being honest and I want people to learn, I had about thirty million in loans and about sixty million in value.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I was deal. I was fifty.
Speaker 2: Percent, and then I had money and other things.
Speaker 4: But what happened was, and I've said.
Speaker 2: This before, in the economy, the FDIC doesn't have enough money to ensure everyone.
Speaker 4: Okay, they don't. And when people.
Speaker 2: Start getting nervous about the economy, they draw money out of their banks, or they they don't invest as much in banks. So now the FDIC has even less. So here's the point I'm making. The government made a terrible mistake by telling banks that they could know that they were afraid banks would fail, and told them that they needed to get out of real estate.
Speaker 4: And so banks were not renewing loans. And this is all what nine eight I mean.
Speaker 2: This is the banks were not renewing loans. So now if a bank doesn't renew a loan, the commercial operator. No one buys a twenty million dollar property with ten million dollars down thinking they have to come up with the other ten million. That's not just like when you buy your house, you put down payments. So when you're sitting on real estate with loans and then those loans are not renewed, it's not like a thirty you don't get thirty yr business loan. So loans have to be renewed and they can review them. There's a regulation z they can review them based on value. So when they were not renewing loans and you had downtown, I was one of the owners down there. When you have one hundred owners downtown or fifty owners that can't get loans renewed, what do they do with their property? They can't pay them off, they don't have the money, so they put them up for sale. So when you have fifty or one hundred properties going up for sale all at once, what happens to the values? Right? So the land that was astronomically valuable, was now being valued by the FDIC at twenty and thirty dollars a foot compared to seventy five and eighty. And it almost happened overnight, and the FDIC was thinking, we're helping banks by shedding real estate.
Speaker 4: What they did was created a frenzy.
Speaker 2: To sell crash prices, and then the loans were called because they were bad. They were no longer were not renewing it. Now those loans are bad. So you're faced as an investor, what do I do? I have to come up with millions to pay off the loan. No one, no one can do that. That's you don't buy stuff like that. So you have to either come up with millions to pay off those loans, or you have to find investors. And if you find investors, they say, well, the property's not worth what it used to do will help you. So you go to the bank and say, I'll tell you what we'll settle for eighty or ninety cents on the dollar because that's where my investors will help me.
Speaker 4: And the bank said no.
Speaker 2: And I said, to the banks, just like every other owner, but what's going to happen if you don't settle with me. And they said, we're going to sell it on the open market, and I said, what would happen? Then I talked to the FDIC and they told me we'll probably get twenty cents on the dollar. So what they were willing to do is to put it up for auction and have it sold at twenty to thirty cents, rather than taking eighty or ninety percent from the lenders from the borrowers.
Speaker 4: And I said, why would you do that.
Speaker 2: Here's what they said, because if we make a deal with borrowers, we are forgiving debt and we look bad. But if we put it on the open market and investors buy it for twenty or thirty cents, people will just conclude that's what it was worth. But I said, you're literally losing money on purpose and creating even more crisis. And they said, that's the way the system works. But no one knows that, No one understands that. They all think like they all think like, well, if you take out a loan, you should be able to pay it off, and virtually no one in business, so it's being called over leveraged. That's the mistake, the biggest mistake in the world being over leveraged. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roof Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artine, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk. We are here to help you solve your problems, answer questions, take complaints, and make your life a little easier. Now I'm going back to Uh, I'm trying to find my my tech. Oh there it is in my text. Okay. So Taylor Swift is thirty four years old, and when she send Hound her endorsement, thirty five thousand more people registered to vote immediately. Then someone else said she's going to have a tremendous effect on people voting. Younger people, and you can almost bet younger people, whether she endorsed or not, would go for Kamala. I just think it's a fact of life that we're going to have her as president. And I just don't think there's anything you can do about it. It's just not gonna it's it's there's nothing you can do about it. And all the coaching in the world won't help Trump because he just thinks he knows and he has a great base. I'm not saying he doesn't, but God Almighty, I think the guy could convert a lot of the keep his base. He could keep him Mark wouldn't abandon him if all of a sudden he had a little more decorum and didn't brag about his crowd size all the time, and and and yet not only would he keep his p one, his primary one, his primaries, he would go and get new people there. People that just I swear to God, I have never seen more hate in my life for any one candidate. When people hate him, you either like him or you absolutely there's no balance. You hate hate, hey hey hey hey, hey, heye it's it's incredible to me anyway. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Really, can you honestly say, Mark, can you say you've ever ever seen such hatred for a candidate?
Speaker 9: Ever?
Speaker 4: And I ask why why Mark is not here right now?
Speaker 6: Tom?
Speaker 2: Okay, why why do you think we have such hatred? I'm really serious? Why why?
Speaker 7: Because of who he is is, his personality and also his his policies are so contradict contradictory to the woke generation that the combination of those two fat does make him so hated.
Speaker 4: Now here's the deal. It's just the way.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom, Martino, you're a troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: We're here to solve your problems, answer your questions, take complaints. And we only have a few minutes left in this hour. We'll come back with a lot more. And it's really important though that people know about the wise use of credit. I mentioned that, and I do have some other tips on that and what people are doing. But even if you have multiple cards, remember this, you have to rotate them. It's really literally a management of credit, not just having the credit. By the way, somebody just texted me again, I'm getting these texts. I'm not making them up. Trump is very polarizing, much like Hillary Clinton was. There's really not a whole lot of lukewarm feelings toward him. There passionately love him or passionately hate him. Well, we have more coming up on the Treiber Shooter Show. Get your calls in or text. You can text me at five seven seven nine or my Google number as well, which is seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two point eighty. Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com you don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two ripped up.
Speaker 7: News.
Speaker 4: So you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come run anxious as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk is our number seven one three eight two five five. It's also important that you know you can. You can call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six and then do your thing. Give us a call or tell us what the problem is. If we're there, we answer. If not, you leave a message and we will get back to you and we will talk to you about it. So you don't have to wait or anything. So you can also text us at five seven seven three nine. You can also go to nextdoor or Instagram or TikTok or anything and any social media where that I'm also whatever in Instagram, LinkedIn, and you can leave messages for me and we'll be happy to talk to you. I get a lot of inquiries that way. The problem is some of the inqurease are so freaking weird. I'm going to give you an example. I mean, I'm serious, I got a lot. Okay, Okay, this one's pretty normal. Is there a way to avoid paying for scratches or dense when returning your leased car?
Speaker 4: Well, the answer is no, not if you're the one.
Speaker 2: That did them. So it's important to do a video walk around of your car. Even if they do one, do it yourself so you can't be charged twice. Here's another one. Is it possible? And the reason I said it's weird, they're all car questions for some reason, some of these texting, some of these social media platforms. Just ask me. Okay, this one. Is it possible to terminate a lease early if the value of the car has significantly decreased, Well, that would be terrible, and it's not even or beyond normal preciation. It doesn't matter if the car increased or decreased. Terminating early is never a good idea, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever. There is one exception. Okay, I shouldn't say this. You're not really terminating the lease. You're paying it off. And here's how you do it. Not in the case where the car went down in value, but where the car has gone up in value. You can find someone who wants to buy that car. Then you can buy that car out early and then resell it to that person. So there is kind of a way to get out of it, but it's not necessarily getting You know, you're not undoing the lease, you're kind of paying it off. And that's the thing about a lease. I've said it before. If you're not going to live by the terms of the leaf, if you're not going to truly be there for the whole time and drive it accordingly, if you're not going to live up to the terms, you have really screwed yourself. Now, can anyone help me? Listen to this one? Get rid of Bluetooth speaker? Can any help me get rid of Bluetooth speaker on bus or non Bluetooth ones? I want to connect to it. Hold on, turn off, I'm going to read it exactly here. Let me just read it. Can anyone help me to get rid of bluetooth speaker on bus or non Bluetooth ones? I want to connect to it and turn off or freeze. Help me with hacking tool or codes. I am irritated by music they play while traveling.
Speaker 4: So he's a nut. What the hell do I don't even know what this means?
Speaker 14: You to turn off somebody else's Bluetooth speaker. They must be playing it somewhere.
Speaker 4: Oh, a hack or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know it takes a nut to know a nut.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm still trying to reboot. I still hold on dragon. Explain that to me again.
Speaker 14: So he's sitting on a bus and say somebody another passenger has a Bluetooth speaker playing music that he does not like. Oh, he wants to turn off that bluetooth speaker.
Speaker 5: I mean that's eating Walk over there and turn it off. I don't know how else he would do that. What else would do.
Speaker 2: Is Chopper is chop? Chopper's not there is he He's just online? Chopper. Listen to this question. I got what's the difference between a Huey helicopter pilot and a regular helicopter pilot. I thought it was like a joke and I was going to have a punchline. But it's not.
Speaker 4: There is no difference.
Speaker 2: I mean pilots, helicopter pods or helicopter pods. You can almost fly anyone you put you sit in.
Speaker 4: Except for one, I would, except for one.
Speaker 2: What what? What? What were you going to say, Mark?
Speaker 4: I was going to say the and they fly around the president.
Speaker 2: And that one with the two Oh my god, isn't there two pilots? Here's like one you know, I don't actually know Chopper. It was he in the military. I don't know those things. They're like two separate helicopters, the front and the back. I can't even imagine one pilot flying that Obama.
Speaker 4: Well, it's.
Speaker 6: It's called a k it's a dual rotor blader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but no, it's more than dual rotor.
Speaker 6: Bro A rotor blade is a blade in front in the back.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But there's there's two complete motors engines or maybe four, two in each. No, seriously, it's like crazy. I want to know. Okay, I'll just.
Speaker 5: Ask my Actually, Marine one, hold on, Marine one is not a chinook. It's a Squadron one h m X one Nighthawk.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking, does it take two pilots to fly a Chinook helicopter? I should know that he.
Speaker 4: Looks like old school compared to this.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not talking about I'm not talking about copilot, you know, for safety. I'm talking It says it requires two pilots. The crew for a chinook generally consists of two pilots and two crew members the effective management of these complex systems. The tandem rotor is a separate Gosh, oh, Mike, you're flying to.
Speaker 4: Hell that Marine one is not a chinook or not a dual.
Speaker 6: Uh oh, it looks like a ball.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 4: Here's what's weird.
Speaker 5: I'm totally screwing this up because Marine one is whatever they hell the President said, it doesn't matter what kind of helicopter it is. So Actually, they do have some Marine ones that are dual that are chinooks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If he's in a chinook, the president, if Biden is that's Marine one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they call it that when he gets in it on his normal motor transportation.
Speaker 4: It is from the White House to the airport.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 6: No, I've never seen the president walk out of a Chanook.
Speaker 5: I saw him fly over Obama, going from somewhere around DA or whatever the Air Force base is over to Boulder years ago.
Speaker 4: And it was the most awesome thing I've seen. Man, Okay, they.
Speaker 7: Hold like eighty passes choo looks like it has Pirrone's disease.
Speaker 2: Man. There, it's so I'm asking how like like I wish i'd taught. I'm sure people listening the Chinook used this complex mechanical mixing units, so one could theoretically Jesus, I mean it coordinates front and back and one could theoretically do it.
Speaker 4: I couldn't even imagine.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine the complexity of that one thing. Obviously, Well I don't know. I shouldn't say obviously. Anyway, Tim, what is your question on car insurance? Go ahead, sir Tim?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yes, hey Tim. And the reason I'm calling we got some insurance coverage costs for automotive residential and we waited for a little bit before we decided to go ahead and have them do the coverage.
Speaker 2: Now, this was a combined policy, right, and not a not one policy, but I mean a group policy, right, with everything on with one company.
Speaker 11: Yes, it was all the same but they are all separate policies.
Speaker 2: Right, they're separate policies but the same underwriter. Yes, and it's home. And how many cars?
Speaker 11: There were four automobiles, one resident and one rental.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so tell what about it?
Speaker 11: Well, they decided they wouldn't give us the coverage and it wasn't from anything that on any record.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, they they they said, we changed our mind. Did they ever bind you, did they send you anything or did you just talk to them about it? No?
Speaker 11: We talked to them and then we got the gout in writing the costs and the coverages and all.
Speaker 4: How much is the cost?
Speaker 11: Well, the one for the uh for the residential?
Speaker 4: No, I mean, ohkay?
Speaker 2: Did you did you get one cost or did you get four three different costs? Oh?
Speaker 11: I got some some other covers.
Speaker 2: No? No, what I mean is this? You got home, auto, and rental. Did they break it down as three estimates or did they break it down or did they just give you one estimate? Or did you get one for each car, one for the home and one for the rental.
Speaker 11: We got one for each car, one one each for each word, So.
Speaker 2: You in essence have six estimates. Yes, okay, okay, So tell me what did they add up to.
Speaker 11: Cost wise?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just curious what they all added up to.
Speaker 11: For each for each one, okay, well we had two thirty four dollars on Well, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Going to add him up on the air if you haven't added him up, that's okay. I don't want to go through each one right now. So, uh, the reason there's a reason I'm asking, by the way, and I also want to know who's the carriers.
Speaker 11: The foremost insurance group, And.
Speaker 2: That's okay, foremost is the is the broker?
Speaker 11: No that the broker would No, that's not the broker.
Speaker 2: That is your carrier.
Speaker 11: That would be the carrier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and okay, and then they said we changed our mind.
Speaker 11: Right, they've told the broker that the cost of insurance is going up so high. Right, there's coverage that the coverage on the on the house was seven hundred thousand, and and they said that they're not going to do anything more than five hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Well you could never do that, of course, of course not.
Speaker 11: Yeah that's what I thought too.
Speaker 4: So what are you did you have?
Speaker 2: You heard us talk about compass insurance and the insurance check up no, I have no Let me explain it to you because I want to get him on and I want to do a live example. No obligation to you, no cost to you whatsoever. I want them to run numbers during the show. And actually, Tim.
Speaker 4: I do have a question though, So.
Speaker 5: They they they binded you, and then they came back and said, what no homeowners right, or they wouldn't cover.
Speaker 2: It up to the seven hundred. I don't think he ever had a binder. I think he had an estimate. But go ahead, and well.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm asking. Did they bind you?
Speaker 11: They they'll know.
Speaker 4: So what is your What was your main question?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 4: Are they allowed to do that?
Speaker 11: I don't know? That's why?
Speaker 2: No, No, that are you asking? Why did you call us? Is what Mark's asking? Are you calling because you think they did you wrong by canceling?
Speaker 11: Well, I expected to be able to purchase the insurance company for the amount that was on the policy, but.
Speaker 2: You did, but you don't have It depends you didn't. I don't think you had a contract. But even with a contract, insurance is still cancelable by the company. With us, they'd have to bind you for at least I think thirty days or something.
Speaker 5: It's say thirty or sixty. That's what I was going to say. So the bottom line is, I don't care if it's State Farmer. The people at Compass. What happens is they go ahead, they get the you know, the original okay from the insurance company. Even if it is the insurance company like State Farm, and they bind you immediately. You should never cancel your coverage with the other company at that point because what can happen is they can come back and do exactly what they did to you, Tim, and there's nothing illegal.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if there's anything wrong. Let's find out. Let's call.
Speaker 2: Let's get Compass on the line. And Paula has an insurance question too, so hang on, both of you. Let's get Compass Insurance on three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We may also want to get Joe Kanna on for the life insurance question, because he does know a lot about life insurance. Renew home Innovations dot Com for your beautiful shower conversions. They do complete shower conversions custom made in two or three days, really truly, and you have seventy two months to pay with no interest. No one else does it. You have stone walls, stone resin walls, no maintenance, glass panels, no entrance doors or showers needed, turns the corner, no thresholds to stumble over. It's wonderful. Renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two fourth thout. Oh man, I'm having a brain fart, but I'm gonna give it to you right now. Hold on and no, it's three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 4: So I want to talk to uh.
Speaker 2: We want to get what wants to who is this po oh, Jeremy, I didn't know what. But so Paul wants to talk about spark smart bunny. I've heard those commercials, Jeremy. First, Jeremy, Compass Insurance Group. Listen to this one. Okay, So Tim was going out looking for insurance. He's now, Tim, was this your regular carrier or was it a new company that was giving you a quote?
Speaker 11: That was a new carrier?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: He went to a new carrier called Foremost Insurance Group and they gave him an estimate for his home, four cars and a rental. Okay, he liked it, so he said, let's do it. Then he heard from them and they said, no, we're not going to do it. That was after he had gotten prices. Had you paid anything? Tim, Tim?
Speaker 11: No, I had not paid anything at all?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: So what I imagine they're allowed to do that?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Change their mind, Jeremy, What do you think?
Speaker 9: I think what probably happened was whoever gave him the quote didn't complete the quote, and when he said I want to go with it, they completed it, ran all the reports, it became ineligible for one reason or another, and they're just not explaining what happened, because that can happen. I don't think it would.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you quote something, you can change your mind if you didn't give them a policy yet, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean an insurance company at any point if the policies not bound, can change their underwriting guidelines and it might not be eligible anymore. That can happen. But it's much more likely the quote.
Speaker 11: He received just wasn't a.
Speaker 9: Completed quote and it turned out he was ineligible for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: That. Yeah, the agent. The agent was trying to make a deal and when it went to the higher ups, they said, we can't do it.
Speaker 5: Hey, how long do you have to bind somebody in Colorado for like all the carriers you guys deal with in case in case the carrier rejects it after a while.
Speaker 9: If it's bound, there's a thirty day underwriting period. Okay, So the underwriter can they can send out an inspector and they could say, hey, no, this roof is falling off. Yep, we need to have it replaced.
Speaker 2: They got it, okay, But but.
Speaker 5: If you canceled your other insurance, I thought they had to give you a certain amount of time to find a new one.
Speaker 9: Do Yeah, so they have to give you they have to do that inspection within thirty days. Then from whatever date they give you notice, they have to give you another thirty days to find new insurance.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what I want to know. Then, I mean, that all makes sense to me. So it's it's a binding process. But he didn't even get bound. I don't think he got bound. I think they just quoted him. So what I want to know, though, I want to do a live comparison right now, and I want him to talk to you off the air and before the end of the show. I would like to know what you guys, the best thing you guys can find since insurance a compass insurance does these checkups, they tell you if they can do a job or not. They just tell you straight up, we can beat what you have or we can And he has nothing right now. But I just want to know for the hell of it. This sounds like he can probably give you enough information that you can give him an estimate.
Speaker 11: Right sure, yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: We're talking about a home, four cars, and a rental. And by the way, he said his house was valued at about seven hundred and foremost will only go to five hundred. Now, did they say they would only go to five hundred because of your home, tim or be because that's their limit.
Speaker 11: Because that was their limits. But there's some said that in Colorado they're not going to ensure anything more than five hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, State Farm in some areas will only do a million.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Tim, hang on, Kachina. I want you to get Tim's number for Jeremy, but I want him to stay on right now because we have a question from PAULA about life insurance. And maybe you don't oh wait, wait, this is about a death certificate. But let's go to Paul with a you want to talk Paul about smart Bunny real quick, go ahead, and then I'll go to Paul. So Paul, right now, go ahead, Paul, Paul.
Speaker 16: I've heard of these commercials recently, quite a few on radio about smart Bunny insurance. I asked Jeremy, what is this a full service company or is it just for supplemental insurance, travel insurance or disaster.
Speaker 6: And supplemental and that kind of thing.
Speaker 16: That's a quick answer.
Speaker 11: Supplemental.
Speaker 5: Well, it's life insurance, phone insurance, final expenses for death, renters insurance, travel insurance is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Mark, Yeah, so it's not regular insurance.
Speaker 9: No, okay, okay, yeah, I got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jeremy, have you heard of smart Bunny?
Speaker 9: I haven't, to be honest with you, we don't do anything with supplement policies and be something we would have, but just personally, I have not actually heard about.
Speaker 2: It's it started out with phone insurance, by the way, phone insurance, yeah.
Speaker 4: All State does one.
Speaker 5: I forget what they call it, but all State has something very similar.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that's how they started, you know, to use it to you know, say that again.
Speaker 9: Called covers it too. The visa card.
Speaker 4: Oh cool, wait your phone?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean not for losing it, but for damage to the phone. If I pay with my Wells Fargo card. Yeah, every month, it covers uh, the replacement of the repair.
Speaker 9: Of the phone if it is damaged.
Speaker 5: And my venture X does the same thing town, but I think mine includes theft too.
Speaker 2: You know, phone insurance is not a bad idea, and I came to that. I came to that conclusion with my two kids. I mean, oh my god, no.
Speaker 4: Really, it's not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Now we have a deductible though, I mean I had to pay for his phone. But it's it was ony twelve dollars phone for the Promax and all that. And listen, I only, I say only I paid two thirty to get it replaced. I don't know, but because he left it on his car hood and took off. So anyway, that is that is that is what that is, smart bunny. They started with phones and they moved into other auxiliary places.
Speaker 4: Okay, so thank you Jeremy.
Speaker 2: By the way, Compass Insurance Group, the Insurance Health Center dot com three h three nine ninety six nine thousand, let's have you back, try to be before the end of the show to give us an idea of what that would cost. And Tim, I'd like to get your impression on the process of doing that because we always talk about the insurance help Center and the free insurance checkup. Paula, I'm going to come right back to you. Promise you right after this go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Paula, Hi, Paula, what's going on with you? Hello?
Speaker 17: Paula, ye, are can you hear me out on me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you? Just find what's going on on?
Speaker 17: Okay? So, my brother in law just passed away through about three weeks ago, and my sister's trying to see if her insurance will pay for the life insurance policy that she thought she had. They're saying it was just covering accidental death.
Speaker 2: It was life insurance only for accidental death. Is that what they told you?
Speaker 17: Yes? Hmm, okay, So unless the coroner rules that it was an accident, they will not pay it. So we're trying to figure out what we need to do because well, hold.
Speaker 2: On, how exactly did it happen?
Speaker 18: By the way, he.
Speaker 17: Was eating a hamburger and she choked.
Speaker 2: And did they say what did they say it was? Well, what are they claiming it's anything? Or are they just asking you?
Speaker 17: No, they're claiming the coroner said that he doesn't believe it was an accident because he had difficulties swallowing.
Speaker 2: But wouldn't that be an accident? Or are they saying it's a health issue.
Speaker 17: They just said that they consider that natural causes.
Speaker 4: Natural causes?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 19: Why?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 17: And I looked on the CDC Corners Handbook thing and it says natural is due solely, ordinarily totally to disease and or aging process accident. It says there's little or no evidence that the injury or processing or poisoning occurred with intent to harm or cause death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think, guys?
Speaker 4: Doc? Deputy doc, he's coming, he's coming. What was the question, Tom?
Speaker 2: Well, he choked and she has accidental death insurance? Is that accidental death? They're saying it could be a health issue? Because what are they saying like he had a problem? Get me, I don't understand why there's go ahead.
Speaker 17: Yeah, my sister tasted me this morning and she said that the coroner does not believe it was an accident because he had difficulties swallowing.
Speaker 5: You know who would know about this because I buy a policy through him, Tom is John Joneses.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk to you, Kelly. Let's get in Tagron.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Because it's coming down to what the coroner says. I mean, it is curious if you had don't some people, as they get older, maybe dementia, stuff like that, literally swallow their tongues and die. Well, no, you can't swallow your tongue really, now, Okay, I always thought that I really did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I used to hear that too. That's a myth.
Speaker 6: R Smith, try it. You can't.
Speaker 7: There's no way to get your tongue well all the way back.
Speaker 17: It would work.
Speaker 4: No, in my luck, it would work.
Speaker 7: But if she had it, if she did have a pre existing disease, like some sort of esophageal or swallowing issue, it would That's the only way they could not call it accidental.
Speaker 6: But those those diseases are very.
Speaker 4: Rare, I wonder.
Speaker 2: And then here's the other question, Tom, So it's most likely accidental as well, I think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But does it come down does it purely come down when it comes to cause of death and the insurance company and payouts. Is it purely whatever the morgue says or not the morgue what's yeah the coroner puts down on the desert.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because you know, you can always get a separate you can always have another autopsy done by an outside agent.
Speaker 5: I would think the big ones are like when they have a suicide clause and they're saying, no, it wasn't suicide.
Speaker 4: Someone murdered him. So it really does come down to whatever they say though.
Speaker 7: But you know, there are one two guys that are always on television that were corners in New York or California, and you can high you.
Speaker 4: Can always get I know one of them you're talking about.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 7: You can always get a second opinion on the cause of death.
Speaker 5: Well, let's let's take a break on time tom and then we'll come back and talk to the people.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks, we got more, I got something or other.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Find out now three O three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five five. We're trying to get Integra on Paula. But this is you know, according to Deputy Doc, most choking deaths are accidental and there's very few and rare conditions where it would cause your husband or no, wait was this your husband? No, your brother in law to choke? Now? How much is the insurance policy?
Speaker 17: By the way, two hundred fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: That's a major deal. Did they show medical What did the coroner say? From all?
Speaker 17: From what I understood is that he just said it was natural causes because he had difficulties following.
Speaker 2: Well, what does that mean? Natural causes for difficulty? I mean, well, okay, all choking, I mean, couldn't all choking be that? What would be an accidental choking? Then see that's a I don't know what what does it mean? Difficulty? And it was natural. But but if I'm eating chicken or you know, like when somebody's at the restaurant, there's no one around to do the heimlech.
Speaker 4: They die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's accidental, right, Doc?
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely so unless he had if he was uh incompetent or had some kind of disease.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, did he Did he have a disease or any kind.
Speaker 7: Of a disability where he was drooling and not able to control his muscles.
Speaker 4: Or or what do they call that?
Speaker 9: Doc?
Speaker 2: With that?
Speaker 4: Is it the i hatel or something you can but what is the condition?
Speaker 2: Maybe that's not it where food regurgitates Sometimes you'd be eat too fast and it's it's esophageal stricture. Did he ever have esophageal problems or any kind of problems with swallowing?
Speaker 17: He's choked a few times before, but.
Speaker 2: It's okay, he diagnosed with any condition that would cause.
Speaker 17: That, not that they know of.
Speaker 6: How do you think this acid.
Speaker 4: Reflux isn't that kind of a form.
Speaker 6: Of massive reflux? Is something different?
Speaker 7: Okay, that's where acid from his stomach gets a little bit up into your esophagus and gives you heartburn. So it's not a related issue. But I would think that dumb even if even if it was. I mean, does that say someone who has a heart attack because he had coronary auto disease isn't covered by life insurance because he held.
Speaker 2: It's not life insurance, doc. He wouldn't be covered though, by accidental life insurance. See, the heart attack was not an a right, right, So it's not whether or not he died, it's whether or not it's covered by accidental death.
Speaker 7: Oh so this guy did not have a regular life insurance policy.
Speaker 17: Right, No, it was just accidental.
Speaker 2: You know, we had it. We got to get someone on about this, Paula, This.
Speaker 12: Is bo Why don't you try to contact another corner and get a different opinion on the cause.
Speaker 2: Because I don't think you're allowed to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sure you can always get a second or top.
Speaker 4: Well, unless they cremated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean how long ago did this happen, Paula?
Speaker 17: Yes, I think he's already been cremated.
Speaker 2: But here's what I need to know, Paula. Did they delve into his medical records or just came up with this out of their ass.
Speaker 17: No, I'm sure they dealt with his medical records before because he had suffered some symptoms from leg surgery. He had knee surgery and he had all kinds of problems with that and he ended up having a stroke. But he was recovering from that. I mean, he was fine.
Speaker 2: But did the choke incidents happened? Hold on, did the choking incidents happen after the stroke?
Speaker 17: I think once before and once after.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think they're going to try to make it sound like a condition of some kind and it wasn't accidental.
Speaker 17: And I think the main thing is because he had dentures that he did not wear. He didn't like. He didn't like him because they hurt. He would never eat with just ds in.
Speaker 2: Well, that could be accidental, and I mean that doesn't matter, that's not it's not suicide. I mean, he didn't say I'm gonna I'm gonna gut in this chicken to die. I mean, but here's the here's the problem is once it's contested like that, you have to appeal it.
Speaker 4: And And now, by the way, just so you know.
Speaker 2: It's they have hell to pay if they withhold payment unjustly I'm wondering if we could just maybe put some pressure on him, call them and say we're looking into it, if they would get like a little.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that's all it takes is an inquiry from the media. But I don't know.
Speaker 4: If he were, if it was accidental or not.
Speaker 2: Why are you guys saying it's accidental other than you want the money and I'm serious about that. What other than that? Why are you saying it's accidental.
Speaker 17: Well, he was in his bedroom meeting a Hamburger by himself, and he actually did pull out the device that they have or choking. It's like a thunder team. He pulled that out and he was trying to get it out himself.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, That bothers me that you said he had a device for choking. Why hold on then, I'm this is sounding chronic to me. Hold on, we'll come back. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for a naturant check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rip new need advise you don't have come run in siousestas as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Max is the Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino, Your Troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the only show of it's kind anywhere where we are doing everything we can to solve your problems. And let's see, we're talking about some very interesting things.
Speaker 4: How do you determine if a death was an accident?
Speaker 2: If it's choking, they have accidental death insurance, not regular insurance.
Speaker 4: But Paula said something that bothered me.
Speaker 2: She said he had been he was eating a because the insurance company is saying this was a medical problem, not an accident. When is a medical problem an accident?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 2: Now, if you have a weak leg due to a stroke and you fall down the stairs, that would be an accident even though you had a stroke, right, but what happens if you choke? So they indicated that he had a problem swallowing in the past, the fact that he was in his bedroom eating alone. And then she said something that keyed me, and that was she grabbed for something. He grabbed for something that assists you in what. Tell me what he grabs? Some instrument he had?
Speaker 6: What was it? Tell him?
Speaker 7: It's a device that you put over your mouth. It's like a reverse pump and it creates a suction. And again it's recommended for seniors who are living alone, so that there's nobody who can help them if they're choking.
Speaker 6: There are multiple devices on the market.
Speaker 2: Okay, Still, though, the fact that he had it doesn't mean it's using What do you mean it doesn't mean anything? Well, that means that he anticipated choking.
Speaker 7: Well, no, it's like having a life alert thing. That doesn't mean you're going to use it. Okay, this means that let me mesk them. Do they recommended for people living alone?
Speaker 2: Do you have one? I don't why because good question, because you've never had a problem swallowing. If people are just tuning in, we're talking about choking.
Speaker 4: Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 17: If I mean, we've actually got one of these medical devices too for my grandchildren, just in case. It's just a precaution.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't want to, you know, I don't want to make a case against you. I don't know what to do. This is a very strange situation. I think they're just trying to get out of paint. It is what I think. And I'd like to add another two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to our coffers and we keep track of what we do for people. I have a tendency to want to have somebody call. Maybe we have deputy DOT call because they can't BSM as easy.
Speaker 7: Do you have a copy of the of the of the autopsy report?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, but what do we call? Do we call the corner or do we call the do we call the life insurance?
Speaker 5: Not going to get the corner to change it? He could care, wouldn't you say? In most cases the corner is just gonna put down what happened.
Speaker 6: He's not gonna he's not going to change what he put down the report.
Speaker 4: But if you or does he care if they get insurged whey or not?
Speaker 17: If the doctor changed it. Wait that again, the corner would change it if the doctor. It was up to the doctor. He said it.
Speaker 2: Well, what doctor we talked about?
Speaker 4: Hold on, this changes things again?
Speaker 2: What doctor he was under a doctor's care or a doctor came to the house, or what.
Speaker 19: Doctor in the emergency room?
Speaker 2: So hold on, hold on the doctor in the emergency room. So he didn't die in his bedroom exactally?
Speaker 19: Yes and no, because they brought him back.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what I need to I don't want to know the technic that that brought him back. Here's what I want to know. Did he die in his bedroom or did did? Did an ambulance come and take make him to the r and was he awake?
Speaker 19: The ambulance took him to the R he was unconscious.
Speaker 2: Okay, but alive I doubt they transport a corpse to the er.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: So they took him to the er.
Speaker 2: And when he got to the er, did he ever regain consciousness?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you mean they brought him back? You're saying they went to the bedroom, got a pulse going and then took him to er. Okay, So now he's at the er and the doctor's working on him.
Speaker 4: And what did that doctor write in his report.
Speaker 19: I don't know. We haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: Because the coroner seems to be basing what he is saying on that, because if he said history of an older gentleman with you know, bar farcas of the esophag gial hole, I don't know, whatever the name is given for whatever condition he might have. I'm not saying he had it, by the way, I'm saying if the er doc writes in a report something to that nature, looking at his past history, then the corners looking at it is could that be right, doc? Or am I?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Also, I'd like to know why they didn't do an emergency he had to be dead, because if he was so kind at a pulse, they would have done an emergency trache out of me, just put a whole Like you said, they.
Speaker 2: Did a trade hold on they did a trache out of me.
Speaker 6: No what I'm saying they would have, don't.
Speaker 2: She just said they did?
Speaker 17: Did they did?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 19: Sure they did?
Speaker 2: Did they do that? Okay? So when they did that, did they hook up a breathing apparatus?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, So what happened? Why didn't they get past the the blockage? Then? If they did that, they.
Speaker 19: Couldn't find a scooke small not to fit to push the food through the trake.
Speaker 2: Ya wait a minute, but with the tracheotomy, he's breathing, right, that would give them time to do surgery. Right.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I mean, if he had any function left, the tracheotomy would allow air to go back and forth.
Speaker 4: And so that's what I'm asking was the was the lodge.
Speaker 2: Was the food lodged below where the trake was set or above it?
Speaker 19: Above it?
Speaker 4: Well, then why wouldn't.
Speaker 2: The trake allow air passage and life while they got the food out?
Speaker 6: Because it's already dead.
Speaker 2: That's what it's That's what it sounded like to me. When they lost the pulse, they did the trait correct, that was just the last ditch effort to keep him alive. But as Doc wondered, why didn't they do that in the beginning?
Speaker 6: But no, they they probably did as soon as he got there.
Speaker 2: They said no, they said they did it after he lost his pulse again or whatever.
Speaker 6: I don't I think we know. I think we need to get a copy of.
Speaker 2: Here's what I want to know. Who's entitled? Is there a hippo when you're dead?
Speaker 7: No, right, right, Doc, I don't know, get a copy of the the report and send it to us and we'll find out exactly what.
Speaker 6: The timeline is exactly.
Speaker 2: Our doctor said, why don't we Why don't we leave it at that? That that sounds good? I mean if we get I don't think hippa though, and I don't you won't have a problem with hippie.
Speaker 4: You're the next to kin.
Speaker 2: You do you have your sister? There is that who's on the phone with you?
Speaker 11: Yes, that's why?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: By the way, when when did you say? This happened?
Speaker 17: About two to three weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Right, Sherry, I'm really sorry you lost your husband. This is terrible. I mean, this is totally on a expected too. How old was he? Oh my goodness, that's so young by today's standards. By the way, it says, medical records as relate to health, medical care, and death is protected under hippop for fifty years after death. What do you come on? Are you kidding me? Executors, administrators, or other individuals authorized by law may get medical records of the deceased person. I wonder if that was both family members will go ahead?
Speaker 6: I say, I wonder if that was put in after JFK got shot.
Speaker 2: It's a fifty year Well that's probably.
Speaker 6: Why, because of the JFK assassination.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure of that, because hippo really was short up during the AIDS epidemic, wasn't it, Doc, Or was it way before that?
Speaker 6: Was before that?
Speaker 7: I mean, like I said, I would I think it would be interesting to see if that particular line of code was put in after John F.
Speaker 6: Kennedy. But any in any way, we're getting off the topic.
Speaker 7: We need a copy of the EO report and then we can see who we need to call and whether or not there's any case to be made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first things first, I'm gonna put Deputy doc on this hip. It was passed in nineteen ninety six according to my girlfriend, and then they upped it during the AIDS epidemic, and they the privacy rule got stricter because people were being discriminated against for HIV, and it got even stronger in O nine and even stronger in twenty thirteen. So it's been an evolving law. So you're the one that can get it, Sherry for your des husband, And as I said, I'm very sorry this happened to you. The last thing you need on your mind is getting the money. Let's see what we can do for you. So, uh, make sure Kachina we get all the information for Deputy Doc, all right, and.
Speaker 4: Uh and we'll do what we can.
Speaker 2: And uh we can either call you a Paula or Sherry, whatever you guys want, but let's get the copy of that as soon as possible. Okay. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Well. Genesis Total Exteriors has everything you want for the outside of your house to repair storm damage, roofing, gutters, soffa's facia, windows, doors, siding decks, painting outbuildings, fences. If it's outside, Genesis does it. Genesis tootalexteriors dot com go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino, your trouble shooter. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Well that this is this is another kind of medical problem. Maybe no, no, we don't know, Roger High, what's happening, Roger, Yeah.
Speaker 18: So yeah, so I got a little bit of a situation here where my stepson and his girlfriend, you know, they had relations and they could possibly be having a child.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you say possibly, you don't know if she's pregnant yet.
Speaker 18: We don't know yet. There's uh, there's been speculation on whether or not that she is. We're waiting for results on that. And because of this, there's been taught going around that because they're both minors, he's seventeen and she's sixteen, that the grandparents of the child on the father's side are going to be the ones that are fully financially responsible for the grandchild, and on the mother's end, nobody's financially responsible. I don't personally don't think.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, Roger, Roger, let's let's let's dissect this. So let's say she's pregnant and you're saying, as a result, who said they're responsible? Or are you hearing legally? Because legally the people responsible, the only people responsible are the son and the daughter the girl. If they are miners, their parents have to step in.
Speaker 18: Yes, and that's the that's where we're having the issue is because they are miners. Yes, her parents are saying that they're not financially responsible for the grandchild, that we have to cover full cost of everything.
Speaker 2: Well wait, wait, they're saying, because the girl is a minor, that the seventeen year old boys parents have to take cover the bill.
Speaker 18: That's what they're saying. And I don't buy it. But no, I don't know the law.
Speaker 2: Well, of course not. I mean it. First of all, I'm not sure what the precedent is on law, but in general, in general, if your kids do damage, now this is not damage, but if they did damage, you're responsible for the damage your children did. Okay, to a certain extent, you're you're you're responsible for it.
Speaker 5: Well, it's pretty basic. It says if the parents are under eighteen and not emancipated, and in Colorado, you can't be when the child is conceived. Both sets of grandparents and parents are responsible for the child's support until the parents become of eighteen.
Speaker 2: And that that's what I just said, that both parents said. It wouldn't be just one or the other. The only thing that I was puzzled about, Mark, when you read that was you can't be emancipated. I didn't know that in Colorado. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think he can in Colorado, but in certain states, like New Jersey, you can be emancipated, which means you are eighteen.
Speaker 4: I mean, as far as the law looks at it.
Speaker 2: So listen, Roger, what about this? Why did they say that because they don't have money.
Speaker 18: Yeah, they're not a very well off family. They've their whole family has had a lot of struggles throughout generations, and it just seems to follow generation after generation. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, you know they're they're they're a welfare family.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, obviously you let them off the hook.
Speaker 5: I mean, they know they can get on that social stuff that's off.
Speaker 2: I think here's what I think. Here's what would happen though. The girl would be eligible with the parents for medicaid. Okay, and probably and but but Medicaid may go after the dad for subrogation. Maybe I'm not sure about that, but I think she would be eligible.
Speaker 4: Are they on Medicaid right now?
Speaker 18: I don't see. I have no idea.
Speaker 11: I know very little about that.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys have to you have to start doing some homework, Roger, just wait a minute, Doc, you have to do some homework.
Speaker 4: But the bottom line is this.
Speaker 2: The bottom line is this that just because they say it doesn't make it so. Just because they don't have money doesn't get them off the hook. So the both of you, you and your wife, and their parents are and her parents are responsible.
Speaker 5: Now whatever public service they get right now, when they have another kid, it will extend to that kid. If they are her health insurance, it could be all of that. Yeah, but I don't know what happens if. I don't know what happens if the girl is eligible for Medicaid and has a child, if they look to the biological father.
Speaker 2: We got to figure that one out. What were you gonna say, doctor, Well, I.
Speaker 7: Don't understand why you're waiting to find out if she's pregnant. It takes about thirty seconds with the pregnancy test to find out if she is.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, what is that all about? I think what's happening? Who said she might be pregnant?
Speaker 18: It's the signs that she's showing that go along with the pregnancy. We're waiting for her to take a pregnancy test to find out for sure.
Speaker 2: Well what do you mean? Way, give me? Give me what you mean by waiting? What does this mean? Waiting?
Speaker 18: Were we told her she needs a pregnancy test and she said she'll get it to us on her time, So we're wait? Okay, I happened now force her to go down to the doctor and I can't force her to do it legally?
Speaker 4: Well, oh you got to do. All she's got to do is go to the dollar store.
Speaker 5: Quite frankly, it's one dollar?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Has she with Here's what I want to know it does? Okay, Now, regardless of what happens, they can probably come after your son for child support.
Speaker 4: You know that right. She might not even want the baby, She might not even be pregnant.
Speaker 2: So have they discussed have they discussed abortion?
Speaker 18: Uh? No, No, this has all come up pretty recently, so nothing's really been discussed.
Speaker 4: Call to get from yourself.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'm just trying to cover my basis here, and I agree with you guys. It's gonna be the or the responsibility of all.
Speaker 4: Parties involved until the kids of age.
Speaker 18: Exactly, and that's going to be the That's kind of the premise that i'm.
Speaker 5: And funny enough, I did. I think I did mess up on that emancipation. So either they joined the military, Tom there's certain places where a miner can marry with parental or illegal guardian consent if they're at least sixteen, but they can also leave home and be fully self supporting, and that means in every which way under the age of nineteen and be emancipated. But more importantly, what I just realized is those kids and the grandparents are actually going to be responsible, not when the kid turns eighteen.
Speaker 2: It's going to be nineteen, right, I see, because parents are legally responsible through the eighteenth Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 18: What's this whole thing that I remember hearing about how parents are legally responsible for providing health insurance until the age of twenty seven.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true. Okay, here's what it is. No, you're not required. First of all, health insurance is required, well, I mean it's never required okay, right now, no longer required. But parents are the only ones that can provide health insurance to their kids, and you can terminate that when they turn eighteen if they can get their own. If they can't get their own, you can still termin it. I mean, nobody can make you carry insurance for them. But usually if somebody is living on their own, they're eighteen, they don't make a lot of money. One of the good things and people will debate whether it's good or aut of Obamacare was it opened up medicaid to a lot of people, or heavily subsidized insurance where almost every young person can afford it, So it's not entirely bad. But no, And the twenty seventh thing, or through the twenty sixth birthday, is this, if they are full time students, you're allowed to provide it for them. You're not forced, but they have to be a dependent. They have to be a dependent taken on your taxes as well.
Speaker 5: And the other thing though, is I mean CHIP is probably gonna cover that kid or Medicaid.
Speaker 4: I mean, the kid's gonna have health insurance, right, that's right.
Speaker 18: Yeah, And I'm not worried about the whole health insurance thing. It's just trying to get us to cover full cost of raising this shell.
Speaker 2: I thought it's not gonna happen. It's not gonna happen. Meanwhile, I have to ask this question. Have you had us a conversation with the son about condoms? Oh?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I bought him a box And.
Speaker 2: What did he say about that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I forgot to put it on.
Speaker 18: She was so apparently, I guess, according to him, and he used them all up, and she was providing the condoms after that.
Speaker 2: What I mean, use them all up? You buy new ones? Right, Okay, Look, I don't want to get too technical about this, but my god, I mean everyone's got to have this talk with their kids. I mean, oh.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well, and that's not for a lack of trying.
Speaker 5: Luck in the birth control they have now too, is unbelievable. I mean, these these girls can get a little yeah, I don't know. It looks like a little toothpick in the side of their arm, and it lasts for years.
Speaker 6: It's an implant that lasted three years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three years. I don't know why anybody would be they can get all right.
Speaker 2: Listen real quick. I got to take a break, Debbie. I just want to get before my break this comment on choking.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, what is it? What's the comment on choking?
Speaker 3: I have a sister that passed away four years ago, and she was by herself, and she a few days after Christmas. She just went to the refrigerator, got a piece of ham and walked back to her bedroom and choked on it and died. It happens very often, I guess. And she was sixty three.
Speaker 2: So that is an accident, right exactly. I get you and thank you for that perspective. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Excel roofing. The people that I have for my roof, for my attic, for attic ventilation, for anything to do with the roof, the roof system, and they just have it all. Never any money upfront. You never have to sign anything until you get a complete detailed insurance excuse me, estimate and contract, and you can if your insurance turns you down for any reason, any problems, you can cancel the contract at any time. Excel excel excelroofing dot com. So we have a question now in dash cams. Go ahead, Barbara, what's happening?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Is where do I get one? How much do they cost? How do I know if it's a good one? And who installs them?
Speaker 2: Oh, my goodness. Car toys for one car toys, Yeah, you can get them.
Speaker 5: I think you can buy them anywhere, and you can install some of the newer ones if you don't mind just running a you know, a cigarette lighter adapter. That's a very easy way. The other thing, if you have a mirror that has like rodge door any controls on it, Car toys like Tom said, or any place like that can app right into there. Then it comes on with the car.
Speaker 2: But also Kevin Caulkin. Kevin Caulkin can do it.
Speaker 4: Oh all day long.
Speaker 2: You buy it, and they can do any kind of insulation you want. That Sheridan Auto tech dot Com.
Speaker 3: Share that's great, they're putting a new engine in my uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, just just buy the cam. Now you're saying, you're saying, are there any good or bad ones? Most? I hate to say this as a blanket statement, but most of these small electronic they're all good, just like webcams. I mean, you get Really it's the features you want to look for. Most it's it's almost brainless to make a good high deed dash cam. So what I would do is just google them and look at the view. John Fuller, I just bought one.
Speaker 4: John Fuller likes go the row the thy recalls.
Speaker 7: I bought a think Ware which is at a lot of features and was only cost about one hundred and fifty bucks for front and back camera.
Speaker 4: Yep, you want front and back. I agree with that.
Speaker 6: Think web that, I think the h A W A R.
Speaker 5: E think as and I'm thinking where think where w A R E. And then the other one is rove r O ve.
Speaker 2: Very good information. Thank you guys, really appreciate that. Doc. I didn't know you got twin cams.
Speaker 6: Yeah I did.
Speaker 7: I thought you only cost one hundred and fifty bucks. I think, I said a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about getting dash cams, except I don't want anyone to use it against me, John.
Speaker 7: Fuller, And he said, and you know there, if you go on YouTube, you can sometimes see these downloads of people having accidents where the dash cam saved them thousands of dollars because they can prove that the other car went the red light, or that the car merged into your lane or somebody backed into you.
Speaker 2: Can they prove I was speeding and swerving and slamming on my brakes. I'm just kidding. I don't drive like that. I'm just kidding. As I got older, I got so much team too.
Speaker 7: But they are they are really an invaluable asset, especially if someone bats into you and says, oh you you you rear ended them showing.
Speaker 2: Them Oh no, I get it and I see it. Yeah. Hey, Randy, what is your comment on insurance? Randy, what's happening?
Speaker 15: Well, Mike, so my question is on this accidental death and dismemberment. I was listening to your show coming home from work, so I had CREO happen to me, which is central retina artery occlusion May twenty through three of twenty three.
Speaker 2: What was that? What is that?
Speaker 15: It's the main artery that supplies the blood to the back of the eye. Mind collapsed and I was mind in my left eye.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 15: And so through my company and everything, I have accidental death and dismemberment. And they said I should go ahead and put in for a claim because it does say loss of an eye in there. It pays half of the yeah that I cover. I committed everything to the deal to the Hartford who's the insurance holder, and they rejected it. Being in my my report with all the emergency rooms and everything, it says I woke up with this condition and was blind and it has to fall under an accident, and they said I have the right to appeal it. So I wrote a letter appealing and why I felt like it should be covered, you know, and all this stuff, but they rejected it again. So I just kind of dropped it because I figured I was never going to get anywhere. But I want your opinion, if you think I should still talk to a lawyer and have them review it to see if this would still fall under it or not, because it wasn't intentional.
Speaker 5: Most of those what's that policy max out at though, like fifteen grand Mine.
Speaker 15: Was five hundred thousand, and then for a loss of an eye is half that amount?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: But why are they saying you they're not disputing you lost an eye, right.
Speaker 15: Nope, they're not disputing it. But being in my doctor's reports when I went into all the emergency rooms, they said what happened? I said, I woke up, up, I went to the bathroom and realized I have no left eye vision.
Speaker 2: Okay. And they're saying and and and it only would cover it if it was an accident. Again, is that what we're talking about? According I don't think doc, I don't think you call that an accident to you. I mean, that's a medical condition.
Speaker 6: That's what it sounds like to me.
Speaker 2: It sounds like, I mean, if you hit your head and that happened you, you fell down.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 15: See if the way I look at it, if I would have wrote, you know, I tripped over the dog and hit my head and.
Speaker 4: Right, that's right, I'd call up Benelli.
Speaker 5: I'd call up and have a conversation with Marco Bendonelli or someone at his office about that.
Speaker 4: Honestly.
Speaker 5: The interesting part too, if it truly is an insurance company, and it sounds like it is like the General or something like that, and I don't mean the General car insurance, but you could even go after treble damages.
Speaker 4: All right, here's the deal.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. You may have lost if you if you weigh a year, well, I think did you file the claim. If you filed the claim, then it's not dead. I think you have three years after that. But if you didn't file the claim, you had a year from incident. Here's the deal. Randy, call Marco Bendinelli find him at referralst dot com. But I'm going to tell you, just from what you're telling me, it doesn't sound like an accident. I don't even know why you're saying it's an accident.
Speaker 15: I mean, no, it's because it's under accidental death and dismemberment for the loss of an eye, And.
Speaker 2: I get it, but but what but you didn't lose your eye from an accident.
Speaker 15: That's what I wanted to confirm, because.
Speaker 2: Well, don't confirm it with me, call an attorney. But but what is the accident? What was the accident?
Speaker 15: No, I'm interpreting it as I you know, I woke up and I accidentally I don't have vision. I didn't do it.
Speaker 4: Well, you accident.
Speaker 5: Come on, now, I have I have one of those accident policies. Man, it has to be an accident, like where we cashed in on an event a car hit us and the car created the accident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it can't when you wake up and you say, well, I didn't intend not to have vision, Well, you don't intend to have kidney stones. I mean, you know it's they're not accidents. An accident is not when something that has been deteriorating manifests itself. That's not an accident. It's when something induces it. It's a It's a casualty event. Sudden and accidental is how insurance says it. Well, and it's got to be sudden and accidental, not just accidental. So I don't think you have a prayer. But call Marco Bendinelli. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose for a drund the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom marshait out here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Go ahead, let's talk Garrison. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So I had bought in a car in June, and uh, the dealer said that the air conditioning was now working. Did it fix it for free? I could either leave it there?
Speaker 2: And is it called okay? Did you actually get Garrison? Did you get a Wheo statement it's called no okay? Did you get anything to say that they would fix it?
Speaker 8: I don't know whether they did fix it, but so the scene was on the way, on the way from them delivering it to me. After they fixed the air conditioner, the car reheated, so they took it back to the dealership and a Crock, you will work on it. Here's a loner in the meantime, so and it being ahead gasket, they fixed it.
Speaker 2: To hold on, hold on, yeah, and what happened then, so so mind you.
Speaker 8: It took a month to picked it and then they gave me the car back. I had it for six days and then it overheated on me again.
Speaker 2: All right, why don't you hold on. Let's get him back on tomorrow for sure. Let's figure this thing out. I'm Tom Martino. We'll we'll help you out, Garrison. Let's let's I mean, we'll try. Okay, all right, folks, we're out of time. Don't forget three ozo three Martino, get lined up for the next show three oh three, six, two seven, eight four sixty six, and save all your problems for me