Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for part two of our community connection right here on K one, the one you trush. I believe we're going to go down to Octoberfest with our friends with OKAM music.
Speaker 2: Marilynd how are you doing, I'm great, How how are you well?
Speaker 1: I'm ready for a party, kid, We are too.
Speaker 2: We are busy, busy, busy getting everything out and getting everything ready set up between fourth and fifth Street on Dewey. So we hope everybody will come out this Saturday, October fifth, again between fourth and Dewey. If everyone knows where the RSUE building is and our Ambler Hall, that's where the events will be on the streets and in Ambler Hall, in the parking lots all over and you can park downtown get a really close parking spot. The event starts from starts itself into d eight. So votes from twelve to eight this Saturday. We are super excited.
Speaker 1: Well, you got something for everyone. And when I meet everyone, I mean, the kids really got a lot going on. Can you tell us a little bit about.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, we have so much for the kiddos. We have a really fun circter Wiener Puppet Show. We have two showings of that at twelve thirty and six that will be held in Ambler Hall and it's about your famous little Wiener Dogs that of course is beloved at every October Festival, so we hope the kids will come out and learn about this little Wiener Dog in his debut at our October Fest. And then we also have Solly Times at two o'clock, three o'clock and four o'clock. We have very special different stories about kids who are visiting Germany, so we have to learn about through German heritage, customs, culture, and then we have some other fun stories that we think the kids will really enjoy. We have a bouncy house well that has a slide, so it was really fun. I wish I could try it. We have Prissy decorating our shoot Tooth bags, which are a traditional put it back to school bag that the kids in Germany get when they start full every year, and so we kind of sold that tradition and it's filled with all kinds of fun stuff that the kids get to put in different art supplies of racers, pencils, stickers, tattoos, candy, all kinds of fun things and then we have I think what Rose is as most excited about as a clumpkin painting. We have little real pumpkins that the kids will get to paint for the fall once you just kicked off onto the first We have acts throwing a root beer garden, so much like you have the adult beer garden area, we have a root beer garden. So if not in the beer please come see and so you can make root ear floats or just state yourself a nice root beer and get back and relax and listen to some great music. And in the root beer garden, we have a fun Find the Known game, so kids will be able to see how many nomes they can find and if they find them all they win a prize. We have a if you go back, take yourself back to College pond, and if you remember playing beer pong, we have a family friendly version of that with root beer pong. And so it seems like a lot of famis really enjoy playing this. We have families that come back and back and back. They get very competitive and with that you get a little signed, you get a roots deer, and it's super fun and you just get to play the positional game of pong. Oh yeah, I know, it's crazy. We have a football toss, which I'm kind of excited about. You get this like huge blow up thing and you get to passage football and try and make it those they as a hole. And then we have a sausage toss, because what at Coriberfest would it be all that if it didn't have a sausage toss, So we think the kids will really like it. Unfortunately for parents, it's not real sausage. We did that one year for the adults and it was pretty fun to watch their faces. These are plastic lookalike sausages, so it is sanitary, but nonetheless it's still fun. And so we ask everyone, you know, children eighteen and under are free. That's our gift back to the community, and we thank all of our corporate sponsors for making us be able to you know, have people and give back to the community to allow kids to come in for free. So we do ask that parents and guardians reserve their twelve splot if they're going to go to the puppet shows and story times, just to make sure that we're not over capacities for the fire marshal and just to make sure we have enough room. So if they can go on to okanmusic dot org. Okmusic dot org, go to the October fust link and then you'll see where you go to buy ticket even though they don't have to pay anything. If they'll click on that buy the ticket point, then they'll see all the reservations for the different events for the kids again. Starting at twelve thirty is the first puppet show, the last puppet show is at six, and then the story times in between our two, three and four. So if they can just reserve their spots, or they can call the off at nine one, eight, three three six nine nine zero zero, we can help them. They're also welcome to stop by the office at four fixteen South d if that would be easier for them and will help them get those reservations. But tom beyond all of the kids stuff, we also have so much food and entertainment. We think everyone is going to have a fantastic time. We have the sugar Plum Shop, which we'll have Schnifkel, Sposala, red cabbage, a young Stasher torque that has a chocolate ganache of eight o'clock filling, an apple stoodle, and of course the apple stoodle is always very popular Price's Meat Market is coming back out to have all of the fantasts that brought Knock for sour kraut, the hot German potato salad, and he always has like these amazing plates put together with old, wonderful German food, and so I'm not sure if he's going to bring out his porks this year, but sometimes he has a quork here that he brings out. And then for Octoberfest this year is Jack's Barbecue and we're really looking forward to having them. They will have many yamily barbecue dishes that we can't wait to try. Palace Rooms David is on our board and we'd love to have palace rooms here is going to have pizza, pretzels and the puzzles so delicious beer and wine, and so if you don't like beer, you can always cut over to the palatins and get your line. And then we have nothing but Cake coming and bringing their delicious little bunch seamies, and I know they have a lot of new fall flavors, so we can't wait to check those out. Super and Milk is also coming to us bringing I guess we're talking to Chris earlier this week and he's bringing a delicious October Thrust beer. And then of course you have Figertail and I don't know what all James has in store for us, but I know he always brings a good variety of delicious cold craft rood Fall flavors, so can't wait to see what he's got in store for us. And then, of course we have the entertainment. So if that wasn't enough, palm, we have the German American Society Dancers. We have Loscapella returning Mark Schmell. Of course they will play the Chicken Dance, probably at least one hundred times, so we can all participate in that and the kids can have fun doing that. And then we end the evening with King's Cabbage, and everyone loves King's Cabbage, so it should be quite a lot of food, quite a lot of drink, quite a lot of entertainment. And if you don't have fun, we still have other games that you can play. If that wasn't enough, we have a beer sign relay, a beer sign competition, and then a sort of still a traditional cake walk, and we call it the zoos Ball, and it's a game where you buy a chance you have numbers drawn as the music is played, and if your number is drawn, you win a prize and it's ten dollars to play, but the prize is drained anywhere from twenty five dollars to one hundred and fifty dollars, so you definitely get your money back and you help support the arts and help support our kids programming goodness.
Speaker 1: This eggs in it All takes place this Saturday from noon until eight Can you I dare folks to try to get all of that in in eight hours. That's a challenge, but you know what that means. If you didn't quite get it all taken care of, you can come back next year because there'll be plenty more too.
Speaker 2: That is true now, and you know I did forget I probably should say this. We also have a raffle and it's become quite popular. Every year we have a different new color YETI and so different families try and play for it so that they can win another yetti. And this year it's a really really cool, beautiful blue color and it's on wheels, so that makes it even better, it's not right, And then it will be filled with all kinds of yummy German food and get certificates from Ziggie's and it has over seven hundred and fifty dollars value. So if that's also something that interests you, you can buy your tickets online. You can buy the tickets at the event. We have to discounts with ten dollars for ticket, or you can get six tickets for fifty dollars or twelve tickets for one hundred dollars. So trying to help out our patrons and give back a little bit while they're all the while supporting Oka Music. And we are so officiative of our community and our patrons. And Tom, you wouldn't believe this. You've already pulled tickets from out of town, so we are super excited about that. We have some folks coming from campus, some folks coming from Arkansas, folks coming from broth Andaro Telsa, and I think, you know, as kinds of closer it, we'll have even more. So people can buy their tickets now if they want to save on the line. Then if you hear folks just to stand them through, they won't have to stay in line, or they can buy them on the day of the event. It does look like and I am knocking on a wood, it does look like they're going to have fantastic weather. It looks like it's going to be nice and funny. So I think, you know, everyone needs to come out. And again it's this Saturday, octive or fifth between fourth and fifths on Dale by right by where the RS You's building. Us a proxim our best bank across them, our gateway banks. It's from twelve to eight and so yeah, come on out. Check us out at okmmusic dot org or nine one eight three three six nine nine zero zero. That's how you can get re pip it.
Speaker 1: Merrilyn, I have a question here. Do you still need volunteers? You got a lot going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would love volunteers if you are interests in volunteering, and please feel free to call the office at nine one eight three three six nine nine zero zero or you can't go to our website okmmusic dot org and you can sign up. There should be a link that will say interest in volunteering and you just click on that and then if you have any problems with it then you know, again, please call the office at nine one eight three six nine nine zero zero. We have volunteers that can help work date if they're interested in helping work any of the children's events or being a greader for the puppet show in the story time. We love having our volunteers. The nice thing if you do that and your gifts to us and then we give that to you as you get in for free. And then you also get a food salterer so that you can get a nice dish from one of our mini fouit senders.
Speaker 1: Wow. There you go have a lot of fun. I think people know that we have this big event here and it is a lot of fun. But it also helps out in many ways to help secure some of the acts that we're going to be having during festival. Also the education programs that Okay and Music is famous for, and a few other things too, like scholarships.
Speaker 2: That is very true. All of the funding and proceeds from this go towards our festival, and a huge tunk of it goes towards the kids programming. You know. Just the Thlot festival, we had over five thousand kids that we served, gave away over a thousand instruments. And you know, I tell people that and there are real instruments. They're real ukuleles, real violent and instruments that are quality made that children can actually learn to play on beginner instruments, and we're very proud of that. We also give away hundreds of books each year. We give away a lot of educational supplies, and so you know, we want to continue doing that. Children our future, and children are very important to Okay and music, and so we want to continue doing that. And by just simply coming out and having some delicious studs and supporting local vendors, supporting your local artists, you can help us continue to do that.
Speaker 1: Great Dan details at okmmusic dot org.
Speaker 2: Correct yes, sir, okmmusic dot org or nine one eight three three six nine nine zero zero this Saturday, October Fest twelve to eight between fourth and fifth on duty.
Speaker 1: Mary Lynn Man, thank you very much for being with us today. That was a lot to get in, but by golly, I think we nailed it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tom.
Speaker 1: We'll see you Saturday. Thank you vote. You have been listening to our community connection on K one, the one