Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM sixty on demand. Terry, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I talked to you with regard to my sister who was in the hospital dying.
Speaker 1: Yes, she was an alcoholic, yes, and.
Speaker 2: Her husband and let me just throw in that my husband and I took her twin girls from three to ten years old. Anyways, they fought us until they got him back. But anyway, there it was always strained. Let's just leave it there. Anyway, you told me to talk to my sister, or suggested that I see that she was. She was paralyzed and was incoherent, but I talked to her anyway. I hope you're really good with the Lord if you if you repent, he will take you to heaven. You'll be forgiven. I mean paralyzed, in incoherent. Her entire body shook around for about two seconds, so it was.
Speaker 3: Like, whoa cool? You know?
Speaker 2: So she heard me. I hope she did. Okay, here's my problem. One of the girls died late eight days later, on February second, due to alcoholism, which I didn't really know she was. So I am so furious right now with her husband who's still alive. We've been driving him all around and we paid for my sister's cremation, and my other sister is kicking in so he can bury his daughter. He has no money and I'm driving him around and all I want to do is punch him out and having a horrible time with this feeling of hate.
Speaker 1: And have you brought it up to him at all?
Speaker 2: Oh? He knows I am real, But I.
Speaker 1: Mean with him face. I don't mean passive aggressive, being a jerk or those types of things. I mean, have you looked him in the face and told him, Well.
Speaker 2: When he was talking about suing the hospital, and he kept talking about suing the hospital, I finally looked at him and I said, look, we should see you, or it grows indifference to another human being. I said, you knew she was sick, you watched her wither away, and I just don't know how I'm going to ever handle this lolly. You know, So I did tell him that, is that what you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, yes, I think that it's healthy to confront an individual, but there's a lot of things going here. You know.
Speaker 3: You have.
Speaker 1: One sister died who was an alcoholic.
Speaker 2: The other sister's alcoholic TiO.
Speaker 1: I know, but one sister that you knew about right, right? Okay? So she dies? Yes, So how come you didn't do anything you knew about it?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that she was alcoholic like that. As a matter of fact, of months ago when we found out, my daughter and I when after we visited my hospital, we didn't see each other too much because the relationship constantly strained, so I didn't have that grade of access to them physically. So my daughter and I went over there and we saw she was in horrible shape. The next day that we went over and got her well, we begged her to come. She wouldn't come, wouldn't come. The next day when we went to get the family for the doctor meeting to what shall we do life support Sarah? We met with the health of the police and the social workers there managed to get her into the er. They're saying to her, you're an adult, you know you don't have to do this. Before we got her in, so she lets the doctor physically examine her as far as checking she couldn't walk, checking her legs and things like that, but when it came to the tests, she refused all tests. I mean, I was on my knees begging her. She signed her form saying that she refused the test. Okay. So thereafter, for the next month, everybody else is trying to get her in. She fights the day she goes into the hospital. She fought, physically fought, punching the paramedics.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So she was refusing all help.
Speaker 1: And what you don't think that the other sister was the.
Speaker 2: Same, Well, the other sister is you know, I know she's drinking, you know, and she knows that everyone knows. And she's staying with some friend of the dad now who's taken care of her. You know, we're doing our best with her, trying to get buried in the meantime, and that's been postponed because the medical examiner now has her down at the corner's office and we had a postpone or burial which was supposed to be yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay. So that there's a lot of details that are you know, hard to consume and this span of time that we have, but I will tell you this that the only way for you to assume that this man wanted his wife to die, that's the only other option. Do you really think that that's what he wanted? No, okay, of course not so so. Honestly, what you have here is an incredibly frustrating situation all the way around, and that when someone loves someone else, oftentimes they let them do all kinds of horrible things themselves. Sometimes it's you know, eating disorders or things because they don't know know how to process it and know what to do, and they are being lied to themselves by their partner, and they're lying to themselves as well, thinking well, it'll go away or it'll be fine, and nobody assumes it's going to be as bad as it is until it is, sadly terry, and that's kind of what it comes down to. And I understand your anger. I'm glad that you called, but there's also you know, you played a part in this as well, and there's some things that you can do and there's some things that you can't do. And they are adults, and you're trying to do everything you can. I would say to continue to talk with him to work through this, but you can't blame him. Yes, is there some of that burden that's on him, absolutely, But really you've seen how people that want to do what they want to do when they want to do it, will push and kick and do whatever, lie cheat steel to allow themselves to do it. And that's hard for any one other person to be able to battle with. And although you're looking at it from a different perspective, now have some compassion that this person lost a loved one as well. Steve, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Thank you for taking my call, my pleasure. How can I help you?
Speaker 3: My wife and I have a very dear friend and the church she goes to they're obsessed with the end of times and the rapture, oh boy. And she comes over and tells us what the sermon was, and she's worried. She's constantly just wringing her hands and worried to the point of being physically sick about the end of times and the rature. And I've always told her, if you truly believe we're living in the end of times and the raptures at hand, you should be rejoicing and not worrying about it, and not worrying about whether you're saved. If you believe in your heart you're saved, that you're saved. And I was just wondering if I giving her the right advice.
Speaker 1: The people that worry about the rapture are the ones that aren't sure as to where they're going or who they are.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: There's obviously discussion in the church as to what the rapture is and how it will take place, or if it will take place. There are differing views in the Body of Christ. Having said that, it's the equivalent or should be the equivalent to a Christian of worrying about getting your paycheck on Friday. Oh my paycheck's coming. Payday is coming on Friday. Oh my gosh, I'm so worried. Why are you worried about getting a paycheck? If this is the graduation of a Christian, is that if this is finally being with God in a relationship like never before, there shouldn't be a worry. And kind of the attitude is if you live every day like it's your last day on earth, glorifying God, then yes, one day you'll be right. But I'm not sure. This whole obsession with the end times and you know, people trying to figure out when it is and all of this when Scripture is very clear no man shall know the day nor the hour, but merely the season. And all these things I don't understand, and any church that focus on it makes me a little nervous as well.
Speaker 3: I've told her that, I've told her you read her the scripture. I got the Bible out and showed it to her where it said no man will know, you know, only the Lord knows. And she still is is adamant that this preacher has some way of knowing that the end is at hand and it could happen right now. And it says in the Bible, you know, nobody knows it could happen right now. But as a Christian and a believer, I believe that if you truly believe the end is at hand, then you should be rejoicing and not wringing your hands and worried and worrying yourself sick about it.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be attentive so that you continue to preach God's word and make sure that others are coming into the flock. Yeah, but you should be doing that every single day. That the concept of changing your tone because God is coming is really like having a filthy house all year round and then cleaning it up before company shows up. It may work with a company, but God sees all there is no difference. And if you're living that life twenty four to seven now, then don't worry about it. But this is becoming a fad. And I'll tell you this, Steve. I bet you if you go back and you do a little studying about this preacher at the church that she goes to, I bet you'll find out that he's made claims about the end times before, maybe even giving a date before, and it was wrong. How about this for statistics, And we don't really throw around statistics on the program, but how about this. Every single person who has claimed that the earth was coming to an end up until this point, this moment right now, has been wrong, every single one of them. Every preacher, every teacher, every minister that has said, well, I know the date has been wrong, And there's some fascinates me. There are some that have done it before and been wrong and said, oh well I know what it is now. I've gone back and I've checked my mauth. All this stuff garbage and ultimately doesn't even matter, because if you live your life every day as if I'm coming back, then you're fine. But scripture is very clear that no one shall know the day, nor the hour, and if you're constantly focusing on the end, you won't see the present, you won't see what's going on right now, and you miss it. The term eschatology, the theological term eschatology, means the study of last things. So my advice to you study them last. Lee, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 5: Good morning Jesus.
Speaker 1: Hi, how can I help you? Lee?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I've been a Christian since I was a little kid, and when I was about ten, that was when I had, you know, my eye opening moment because of a pastor I had, you know, he told the story and it really stuck with me. And you know, back then, I was, you know, I was really hyper about you know, being a Christian all that stuff, and I was always asking questions and I was, you know, reading stuff. And back then I had two deacons that were looking at me and they're like, oh, yeah, you're probably gonna be a pastor when you grow up. And then a lot of stuff happened and I stopped going to church and stuff like that. When I started going back to church again when I was about twenty, I'm twenty four now and I've still been going to church. But right now, I'm working for a security Well, I'm just working.
Speaker 1: I'll just say that, Okay, you got a job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it takes up a lot of my time. And well, recently I met a person, Hello.
Speaker 1: Oh, did we lose Lee in the middle of his story? Of all things, We're going to try and get Lee back because I wanted to hear where he was going. And when it comes to callings or being led down a particular path on God speaking to you and you really feel like, Wow, this is what I'm designed to do, and you know, this is who I believe I am in Christ. When you're on that path and something takes you off that path, and it does happen at times, it can be life changing for the good or can be life changing for the bad. So I want to hear the rest of Lee's story if possible, If he can give us a call back, we'll get back to him and look into that. Because every I think it's every single program that somebody calls, or we'll get an email or something someone asking what they're calling is or what God will have them do. And obviously it's going to be different for each and every one of you. But following that path and embracing what your purpose is is a huge part of why we do this show and obviously of great importance. So stick around and we'll be right back. And Lee is back. Yay Lee. Okay, So Lee, you at the age of ten, had, uh, you know, felt felt felt a calling to become a Christian and then later on felt that you were going to be called maybe to the uh the pastoral studies and uh. And then you've had some back and forth with uh, with life as it tends to get in the way. Correct. Yes, okay, so you have a job now, but you're questioning whether you are called into ministry or not.
Speaker 5: Well, that's not really my question. I was still telling more of the story. I hadn't really felt the calling to be a pastor, so say, I just you know, people had told me that when I was younger. But as I was saying, I had just met someone a very devout Christian, the kind of Christian that makes me want to be even better Christian, and uh, well we were talking to each other for a while and uh, well then she just said she's like, you know, I feel that you're calling is really to be a pastor, and you know that kind of struck a note when she said that to me. But at the same time, at the job I am right now, I work all the time, Like I had to cover a shift today, so I'm actually at work today. So it's just I'm kind of confused because I when I got calling earlier in life, I didn't I misunderstood it as far as I understand. So I'm just I don't know. I'm a little confused right now.
Speaker 1: But you have you haven't felt this yourself. You just feel like others are coming up to you telling you that you're called to the past.
Speaker 5: I was told those two times when I was younger, and uh, and then now again with this uh, this friend of mine, and like I said, it kind of struck a note. And I'm just a little unsure about it.
Speaker 1: As all, Well, you should be attentive to others always, but God has your number two. It's not like he's got to call the person next to you and have them, you know, tell you something. It's a matter of And I've always found that fascinating that people will say, oh, well God told me this about you. Well, you know, he knows where I am too, right, But they they but sometimes God uses others to reinforce a message that he's been trying to tell you that you're ignoring, and so you have to be attentive to that. It's kind of an it's kind of the generic go to when people see gifts and abilities in a Christian it's like, oh, they're going to be a pastor Well maybe not so. I think that at this point you should most certainly be asking questions and investigating and doing your homework. I know you're busy, but you know that that could change and if if you're not. Maybe it's not as specific as that, it's like, well, you know you're going to be a part of a church or something like that. There may be other things. Maybe you start out by just doing the studies and then start out by doing a teaching, you know, Bible study under the umbrella of a church or something like that. However, if you're set in what you're doing and you don't feel moved to do otherwise, then don't calling should be that you should feel it because it's a lot of work, and there will be times where you you're not going to be in the mood for it, and all of those things, and you've you've you've got to truly be called to it and feel it in your own person to make it happen, not just others around you. But it sounds like you know this. You know having this other person in your life is part of that path as well, and you know part of this continuing in your growth. But move on what you're moved on. Don't just move because someone says. To be attentive to it, but also be attentive to your own heart. Doug, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Jesus.
Speaker 1: Hi, what's point on?
Speaker 4: I have a thought about accountability and this is something that I've had personal experience with over the years of having accountability with a couple of guys. There's a process that I think is simple enough for everyone to use. It doesn't have to be complicated. And the way that it goes is that you find one or two brothers that you're very close to Christian brothers, and then you meet on a regular basis, maybe once a week, and then each person tells the other person what they would like to be held accountable to. The idea is, you know, search my heart, oh Lord, and then you find those things that you want to be held accountable to. If you put them out there and you say, I give you permission each week to ask me these five questions. They could be things like, you know, have you been looking at pornography you know, if that's the issue, Or have you been drinking this week if that's the issue. And so again it's permission based, and then the one that's being asked the question would say yes or no. If they say yes, and you know, hooray for you. And if no, then they don't beat them up. But what they do is they encourage them, They pray with them to help them through that, and then this process continues each week until habits are formed, things are changed in their life, and they have that growth that you talk about. I think of it in terms of the difference between the Three Musketeers and the Three Stooges. Three Musketeers are they all for one and one for all, whereas the three Stooges would be you know, they're beating each other up. So you want to take the three Musketeers approach, where you're supporting and loving each other through each of these areas of accountability.
Speaker 1: Most certainly, and that is absolutely biblical. The Bible is very clear that you are to go to one another, to be accountable to one another, and even judge at times. However, to do it in love and guidance and kindness, rather than you know you're missing this and beating them up s lutely and Proverbs twenty seven seventeen reiterates that that iron sharpens iron like a man to another man. And when you're accountable, when it's out there, they say this with everything. If you're losing weight, you've got to tell people you're losing weight, because now you're accountable for those actions. If you're having a drink, make sure that it's known. My producer Neil, in his household, he makes it known if he's going to have a drink, so that he's accountable for drinks. Doesn't have a drinking problem, but doesn't want one either, So by way of always making announcements when that's taking place, that it's very visible and therefore no one's drinking in secret ever or doing anything. And try and being accountable even prior to a problem is a good way. And when you're sitting around with one another and you're saying, you know, these are issues that I'm either fearful of, whether it be pornography or drinking or anything where somebody might it could be a major problem that you can do it if you've done it before and you want to stay clear of it, or if you just want to stay clear of it. Being accountable to one another is not doing things in secret. And my producer Neil has said a long time ago he likes to write, and one of the things that he wrote down was darkest is the evil that is hid from the eyes and the ears of a loved one. Because when you have people that you love and trust in life and you are hiding things from them, that that becomes dark and evil in the process, because really you're just trying to get away with things, and your family and those that you love around you should be the ones that tell you, hey, that's not good. And how sad is it when people you know dump friends because they're you know, the honest ones. And sadly you see, you know, famous, powerful people spiral out of control quite often because they end up surrounding themselves with people that will only say what they want to hear. Yes, man, only saying oh, well this is that, and they're afraid because their jobs are tied into it, or they like being associated with fame or whatever, and they'll only do that. If you really want to grow in life, you've got to surround yourself with people that in love will be honest with you and tell you like it is. And that's the only way that you'll have any sort of health whatsoever in your life. Pat, Welcome to the Jesus Christ show.
Speaker 6: Hie Jesus Hi, how.
Speaker 1: Can I help you? Pat my pleasure.
Speaker 6: I was wondering if of being slain in the spirit, if that biblical, and if it is, where do you find it in the Bible.
Speaker 1: There is no concept as far as you know, there's no straight translation of being slain in the spirit the way you might be envisioning it on television. You see TV ministers and things like that, traveling ministers that go around that could lay their hands on somebody and they fall down. There's not really an example of that. In Revelation One's seventeen, Ezekiel one twenty eight, Daniel eight seventeen, among other places, there are biblical examples of people being slain in the spirit or falling on their face because of something they've observed that was so intense, so supernatural that they were just could not control themselves and had to fall, but they always fall forward and onto their face. So it says in a way that almost like just the utmost of humility and reverence. So a lot of the stuff that you see on TV of the waving of the arm and the person falling over does not correspond with biblical accounts in the Bible. It's very rare, incredibly rare that even it happens at all, and the way it happens is much different, and for the reasons it happens, it's much different. So that would lead one to believe that the things that you're seeing are counterfeits. It's just stuff kind of to you know, generate buzz. And it's sad that Christians feel the need of any denomination, feel the need to have to have that kind of you know, physical showmanship to make them believe or to get them excited about God. And that doesn't mean that all our counterfeits or that all are fake. It just means that the Biblical accounts are not like the ones that you see on TV. And so the concept of being slain in the spirit and the you know, the stuff that people mock all the time, like the Jesus loves you. And then the person falling over type thing that's not in scripture, that's not anywhere in scripture. That's kind of a manufacture of you know, these kind of tent preachery look at the power. And to me, that always points to the fact that, hey, I don't have the words. In scripture, it says that God's word never goes out and comes back void, So I don't have the words to give you that will motivate you, which is wrong. So I'm going to do some theatrics and see if that gets you going. And it's a shame. It's a shame, and I think that it's a it's a disservice on the best of terms, and an outright a sin and a problem and a huge stumbling block in most contexts.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's good because I've always wondered because I've been prayed for and it seems like you get a shove. And then I thought, well, maybe because I don't fall down, I don't feel so I've always thought, well, maybe the prayers then being received for me because I'm not falling down.
Speaker 1: Well, no, there's there are They try and do that to kind of you know, accentuate the experience, and really you don't need to. I mean, there are some people that may you may feel overwhelmed sometime when you pray. That's not unheard of. There may be times where the spirit overcomes you and you'll weep. There's all kinds of ways that you may respond to the spirit. There may be times where you see something that is so conspiring it'll drop you to your knees. But this manufactured kind of well, I'm going to pray for you, and I'm going to push you and hope that you fall down so that it looks like God's here is silliness. It's just silliness. It doesn't help you, it doesn't help those watching because it becomes you know, some of that stuff looks absurd, and it's not that you should care about the way you look. And if God moves you to do something, to dance, to sing, to cry, to laugh or any of those things, you should go ahead and do it. But in the case where it's like this factory of God's spirit, well, look how many people I can drop today or that type of thing. I there's just no place in scripture where that can be found.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's good to hear your voice. Pat you have a wonderful, wonderful day. There is a lot of theatrics that seem to go with with the church, and it's unfortunate. Now I'm not talking about certain parts of ceremony and things like that. I'm talking about the branches of the church, the health and wealth doctrine that everybody's going to be healthy, happy, and rich, and all these things that really cloud and pollute the gospel. Now, do I think people should be creative in the way they explain scripture or the gospel? Do I think that you can have good music in the church or music that appeals to a wide range of ages and tastes. Yep. Do I believe that the church should be creative and in sharing the gospel. Absolutely, the show wouldn't exist if I didn't believe that. But do people take it too far sometimes or try and it's almost like somebody arguing that there's a God and trying to make up a miracle so that you'll believe. It just seems wrong, Oh well, one time, and people will share their experiences and they embellish them or they make them more grandiose, and all these things It's like, really, does God need that much help? Do you have to kind of you pass all those things along so that people will believe god experience is real. It just seems wrong, to say the least, and incredibly damaging to the gospel. KFI A M six forty on demand