Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing Emo has counding living Money's property of all times.
Speaker 2: Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to your master.
Speaker 3: Then you did it, Then you did it?
Speaker 4: Where you did? Allowed to play, Allowed to play, allowed your name, come to play.
Speaker 2: The personal woe.
Speaker 5: The sun is rising.
Speaker 4: Don don't wake up, wake up now, don't worry. We're all here to show you how. Jenna Witz horses Ross Station k m MOT Homopho. This is a famumy don't turn down town tas wait and see.
Speaker 6: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to John?
Speaker 4: It's try to start to show grass kick my cling about press, j whis the Big Man Marny Show, Welcome.
Speaker 3: To the Organ Week.
Speaker 4: It's a such a war kick back, makes up that, up it and make it hardcore and you're whisby and then mess picked up your phone there line you're on the air.
Speaker 7: Good morning, It's the Big Mad Morning Show. Toll free eight three three four six l chmody.
Speaker 8: That is the phone number.
Speaker 7: You can also text BMMS and then what you want to say to eight two nine four five. Listen online the website the Rocks that's KMOT dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under BMMS. Listen with your cell phone. Get the iHeartRadio app available from the app store of your cell phone provider.
Speaker 8: More on that at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 7: And we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com slash BMMS six y nine.
Speaker 2: That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, good morning, good morning, get.
Speaker 8: Me well, good morning.
Speaker 7: We've got tickets to see Highly Suspect and tickets for Smoking Guns eleven. Highly Suspect to be June second at the Tulsa Theater and then Smoking Guns is this Saturday at the Bok Center. I'm sorry, Highly Suspect will be at the Tulsa Theater and then Smoking Guns will be at the Bok Center. Get your tickets to Bokcenter dot com now. Smoking Guns is an event between firefighters and police officers as they face off to raise money for the Oklahoma Firefighters Burn Camp of the Special Olympics of Oklahoma.
Speaker 8: Been going on for a while.
Speaker 7: We've been a part of it from the beginning and it's a fun event that happens down at the Bok Center, all to raise money to see the brotherhood sisterhood that happens when these two events is exciting, and I know people that are still removed from being firefighters and the firefighting community and police community, and they still go to support because it's so exciting. So if you're looking for something to do Saturday, I highly recommend that again smoking guns that's happening on Saturday at to be okay. So as a matter of fact, Dustin Fletcher's gonna stop by later and we're going to talk to him about smoking guns.
Speaker 8: I think he's bringing a fighter with him too.
Speaker 7: Conspiracy Theory Thursday is going to happen Today we'll talk about something not true, and then today it's our top list. We got the top ways to cook a potato. Now, I know that sounds really dumb, but it's a deep bench. We'll get to that coming up in a little bit. In the news this morning, there's a lawsuit of a woman who says she found a rubber glove and a fingertip in her orange juice. I tend to not believe these articles as they are just it's kind of to me. It just makes it incredibly hard to believe. And I feel like we never hear a resolution. I feel like, if you find a fingertip in sealed orange juice and then you drink it. I would think the government would have a massive issue with this.
Speaker 2: Do they not have any kind of quality control at the manufacturer? Like they look at the bottles after they're already packaged, and it's like, hey, there's something floating in there. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Does a thumb tip float half float sink?
Speaker 2: You would definitely be able to tell that that don't belong in there, I think anyway, I'd like to think anyway, So.
Speaker 7: This wiman about a fifty two ounce bottle of Trader Joe's organic orange juice.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's organic, it's natural.
Speaker 7: I don't know what you want, right, uh, And she says A few days later, when she was finishing the bottle, she said she felt like there was a large piece of pulp in her mouth, and when she pulled the piece out, the lawsuit claims she found the fingertip of a rubber glove. She thought it might have also contained the end of a human finger in the glove tip or in the pulp of orange juice, which she may have inadvertently swallowed or ingested as well. The plaintiff was gagging and felt nauseated and had a burning sensation in her mouth.
Speaker 8: So let's see that through.
Speaker 7: Let's say the person that was putting the caps on orange juice, because they still do it the old fashioned way, was wearing rubber gloves, and the tip of that person's finger got cut off. I would think the production line would stop, right. I would think there'd be some sort of amount of blood. Yeah, I would think there would be an incident report. I would think that person would be on workmen's comp I'm just I think there'd be some DEFs here that you can't.
Speaker 8: Really hide from.
Speaker 3: A recall would be issued, I would yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, if it happened right there, they go, oh, it just happens. So let's take ten on this side and ten on the other side, and let's.
Speaker 8: Get rid of them.
Speaker 2: Right, Not necessarily enough to recall in an entire you know, line of them from the stores.
Speaker 7: I would think recall like the metal shaving ones we hear, which makes sense on an automated production system, that feels entirely possible. That's an after the fact thing, like a quality control of the equipment and going, oh, this is left some shavings.
Speaker 8: Well, when was the last time we checked February?
Speaker 7: All right, we got to do a recall and everything from February until now, yeah, or they usually do that in September and go, hey, have you bought something in February and it's still around, right, don't eat it.
Speaker 3: I just I feel like you would see it when you're pouring your glass.
Speaker 8: I don't disagree, I just yeah.
Speaker 3: And even I feel like this woman is just hard on her luck and she's going with such a small amount, because ten grand is a small amount of money to be to be claiming for something so major. Yeah, And and I you know, in my mind, she's like, if I only claim ten grand, they'll just probably give it to me and you know, call.
Speaker 5: It a day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it will settle.
Speaker 7: So according to the complaint, traitor Joe's got written notice of the incident and they requested a ten thousand dollars to settle her claim, and that the company failed, refused and neglected to pay. The lasser requests a judgment of ten grand in damages as well as payment of her intorney fees and at the cost. So she is basically they send a letter like, hey, give us ten grand, which there are people that do this. There are people that go out and file these type of send letters, and there's lawyers that do this and send letters saying, hey, will this happen, settle or for this amount of money, or we're going to go to take you to court. And sometimes the companies are like, it's not worth the hassle. Just send them tim grand to be done with it. And then sometimes the company goes get bent, yeah, and then they try to take them on the bluff, still thinking they're going to get a settlement. So it's a weird game, right, it's totally sleazy. But nonetheless these happen, and I've got examples of some that were either proven they weren't real, or we just don't know. Remember Wendy's finger in Chili? Yep, this happened in two thousand and five, not the Lady Chili, and a woman in San Jose says she visited the Wendy's and she found a human finger, and the Santa Cla County Corner concluded the finger was not consistent with an object that had been cooked in chili at one hundred and seventy degrees for three hours. The police determined the finger came from an associate of her husband, who had lost his fingertip in a workplace accident and gave it to the coworker to settle a fifty dollars debt, which I would never take if you owed me money, right, that's a weird way to settle to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I owe you fifty bucks. How about I give you this finger fingertip.
Speaker 7: Forensic tests showed that the woman never bit the finger, and Wendy said it lost two point five million dollars in sales and dozens employees had to be laid off. She and her husband we ordered to pay nearly twenty one million dollars to Wendy's day, and she was sitting some nine years in prison wown.
Speaker 8: All for trying to catch a chick from a major corporation.
Speaker 3: Karma.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean to continue to go through with the process of like forensic never mind, I don't want to have for sure anymore.
Speaker 8: But to me it feels kind of harsh.
Speaker 7: Not that she shouldn't be punished, not that it's okay, but we see companies being nefarious all the time, and they don't get punishments like that.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: Because they got the money, right, No, no, No, twenty one million dollars an individual paying twenty one million dollars as a punishment should not be equal to a company paying twenty one million dollars. The percentage should be equal, right, right, it should put massive hardship on the like that's.
Speaker 8: Going to change that person's life.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, they were trying to use them as a set an example.
Speaker 2: Don't do it.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, you're not hearing me. I understand that.
Speaker 7: I'm saying companies should also be held to that same it should be use them as an example. And we hear the oh they got fined one hundred million dollars, and you go, well, okay, that's pretty good, except they make three billion dollars a year.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: The pepsi syringe thing, I think everybody remembers this one and how happened in ninety three, where there are reports of syringe laden cans of pepsi all across the US, and starting with an eighty two year old man in Washington, soon similar reports flooded in from across the country. Items allegedly found included syringes, a wooden screw, a bullet, a crack vile, broken sewing needles, a blob of mysterious brown goo, a surveillance cammer in Colorado then caught a woman in the apparent act of inserting a syringe into a can of Diepepsi at a store counter. By the end of the week, there had been more than fifty tampering claims and more than a dozen arrests for filing false reports. The FBI ultimately made twenty bunco arrests for the game. A forensic consultant noted that each nationally publicized tampering incident typically generates thirty more claims, and that more than ninety percent of product tampering reports turn out to be false, according to the FBI.
Speaker 8: How about the mountain dew mouse in a can?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Ronald Ball claimed he found a dead mouse in his sealcana mountain dew he purchased from a Vendi machine. Pepsi COO responded with an affidavid from a licensed veterinarian who concluded the mouse was not even born when the can had been filled and sealed, approximately seventy.
Speaker 8: Four days before the man claimed to have found it.
Speaker 7: The PepsiCo also argued the mouse would have dissolved into a jelly like substance had it truly been in the acidic soda.
Speaker 8: From the time of bodily. That's how strong mountain dew is the seal.
Speaker 7: The case was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum, with PepsiCo denying all liability it Why why did you settle?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Did Pepsi settled or did the guys.
Speaker 2: Have to say he was suing Pepsi so Pepsi would have to settle, right But if they found that it was that's what I just said, I know.
Speaker 3: But if they found that it wasn't, if the guy wasn't telling the truth, maybe he had to settle with Pepsi.
Speaker 8: He no, then they would have to sue him, right right right. That seems to me like they're settling just to try to keep it out of the press, or they had already spent a lot of money on it and it felt like it was going to continue on.
Speaker 9: I hear you.
Speaker 7: But also now we say it all the time, if you settle, you look guilty, right, And apparently this all stems back to the tailand all poisonings. If you remember this where people were putting cyanide inside tailan all containers in Chicago ended up killing like seven people.
Speaker 8: Can you just get cyanide like over the count you can make cyanide. Really, yes, it's quite easy. You guys wouldn't have some powdered donuts anyway.
Speaker 2: The uh, that's what.
Speaker 7: That's what caused tailenol to be sealed the way it is now because we used to not be like that, right. It used to just be stored on the shelf, and it didn't have all that tight ceiling on it, right. And it was because of the Thailand all poisonings anyway, so that kind of spurred it. You might also remember the cinnamon toast crunch shrimp guy. Oh yeah, remember that that happened in twenty twenty one day long ago. No, and the guy claimed that he was eating some cinnamon toast crunch that it bought out a Costco and he had found what he says was a cinnamon sugar covered shrimp.
Speaker 8: Cinnamon tel'scrunch.
Speaker 7: Twitter said that that was just an accumulation of the cinnamon sugar that sometimes can occur when ingredients aren't thoroughly blended, and that there's no possibility of cross contamination with shrimp. And this said, the guy said that this gas lid, they were gaslighting him, and so he went all in and He claimed he also found bits of string shrimp body parts that looked like bake baked rat droppings on the cereal squares themselves. General Mills ultimately issued a statement saying they were confident this did not happen at one of their facilities, and then a crustacean researcher at the Natural History Museum of la agreed to examine the specimen under a microscope and attempted DNA bar coding to identify the species if it was indeed a.
Speaker 2: Shrimp, And then we never heard from the guy again. Researcher, what are you gonna do when you grow up? I want to research crustaceans.
Speaker 7: One of the fascinating things about social media is I always even Elon mus said, like social media, Twitter, ex whatever, are like town halls, town squares, right for people talk. Well, if we were in the town square and you heard people yelling I found a cinnamon coated shrimp, we'd be like, look at that crazy person, right, But online you're like, well, this is legitimate. We just assume everybody's legitimate, right, We assume everybody is forthcoming, right? How about the tooth in the milky way? You guys, remember this this happened in twenty ten. Sue calhouned said she built a bit into a milky way on a road trip to Dallas and discovered a tooth with a silver filling baked.
Speaker 8: Into the candy bar. Are they baked? I don't don't think so.
Speaker 7: She contacted Mars, who offered to send a package so she could return the tooth and candy for investigation. By the way, don't ever do that. Don't ever send it back. If this happens to you, don't ever send it to them. Yeah, because you don't have the evidence anymore. Right, and then you can go, well, I send it to you and they'll go, we never received it, right. So Calhoun said that she wasn't sure she would send it back, worried that Mars could keep the evidence and that she might never see it again. Mars offered her free candy bar coupons in an apology letter.
Speaker 8: That's them just trying to do right, right. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe we don't think it happened, but here's a couple of candy bars. Were real Sorry, And apparently there was no follow up reporting, and she didn't seem excited about cooperating with an investigation. So it's unclear whether this is true or not. But I don't know how a tooth would get embedded because again, these are mass produced, right, it would have to be somebody on the line pulling their tooth out or keeping a tooth that fell out and then jamming in and to a nugat as it went down the line.
Speaker 2: That I could see, you know, maybe you got your kids tooth or whatever, and you're just trying to stick it to the man, and you're like, okay, I want to I'm gonna get somebody today.
Speaker 3: A guy I worked with when he had bought Cosgo pissed him off because he bought cliff bars and he'd been into one and they had it had maggots inside the cliff bar.
Speaker 2: Well, maggots and teeth are two totally different things. Maggots get there because flies, you know, lay their eggs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so what happened, give me the cliff happened?
Speaker 3: He went to return it to He took it into Costco and they wouldn't take it back, which was surprising because they seemed to take everything back, and they apparently told him that he would have to reach out to the manufacturer. Of course, of course he would, and he did, and they they cut him a check. They sent him a check how much whatever the purchase price was.
Speaker 7: Oh so that returned his Okay, you made it sound like they cut him a check, like I know, he got like a couple of commas and they.
Speaker 3: Sent him a year's supply of cliff bars like that, like a hole at one time. But like that he could whenever he needed him. So that was nice. But how he even reached out to him was he had made a video of it and showed what he had gotten when he purchased it online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he just tried to gaslight. He didn't go directly to them to figure it out.
Speaker 3: I guess not.
Speaker 8: And were they all that way or just one bar?
Speaker 3: One bar?
Speaker 8: M interesting?
Speaker 3: I think that's all it takes.
Speaker 8: It's all it would take for me to buy anything.
Speaker 7: I don't disagree. But an anomaly, it's not the same as an infestation.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: And I have nothing, no qualms about what he did. I had a I opened a can of tomatoes and it had a maggot in it.
Speaker 8: That happens. It wasn't alive.
Speaker 7: Now, a gazillion scenarios could I wasn't extremely bent out of shape about it. Yeah, I wasn't ready to sue them or that ever, even off. I called the number and they were like, we're real sorry, throw it out. Yeah, and we'll send you a coupon for whatever, two free ones or some jive. But that makes sense because there's live food in Like, it's entirely possible a fly landed in there during the canning process.
Speaker 8: It shouldn't. I'm not okay with that process. But it's, you know, the life, man, it's kicking the balls.
Speaker 3: My my grandmother was addicted to laized potato chips always. She again, just one that is so true, And I remember her telling me this was like obviously before they had the amazing flavors that they have now.
Speaker 8: It was like, why'd you do air quotes?
Speaker 3: I didn't. She had barbecue and basically just the plain lazed potato chips. And she told me a story when she was hosting a party. Once she sat down to a bag of lays and she said, I was just going to get away from the party we were having, and she opened a bag and she ate the first chip and it tasted really smoky to her, and she tried another one and it was awful. And she goes and I normally like the taste of smoked food, but it was not good. And she looked in the bag and there was a half smoked, thick cigar inside the chip bag, and it was a new bag. And I had asked her if she had sent it to the company, and she said no because she didn't think they would even believe her.
Speaker 8: I don't believe her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there you have it. I mean so, And that was.
Speaker 7: Smoked meats and cigars are not the same smell or no, not at all, flavor profile.
Speaker 3: Not at all. And she didn't like it. She said, normally she liked smoked things, but she was like this I did not like. And she was looking and she found a half smoked cigar. It was gross. That's why she looked. That's what, not what I bought. But yeah, she never sent it to the company or anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that is a while. She's also at a party, like someone could have put it in the party.
Speaker 3: No, it was in her house, so she had snuck away. She said, I want to get her.
Speaker 8: Secret supply of chips.
Speaker 3: Wow, exactly.
Speaker 7: All right, we got to take a break, we'll be back. I want to read this real quick, because it's a pretty crazy story. I worked at Olive Garden and told so many years ago. One day a woman started screaming after getting her soup and found what appeared to be a large mouse in it.
Speaker 8: Sir, there's a mouse in my soup.
Speaker 7: Right, of course, they called the health department immediately shut the restaurant down. The health department, during their investigation, determined that the rodent was actually a pet gerbil and its cause of death was being put into a microwave. Come to find out, this woman was doing this all across the country and charged with fraud.
Speaker 8: That's just nasty. Yeah, the links people go, man, you gotta put your pet. You gotta go buy a pet gerbil, got it, bulls bulls Gerbils.
Speaker 2: She did it multiple times and stick it in the microwave and actually, wait for it today, put it in your own personal microwave.
Speaker 8: Do you buy a separate microwave for that?
Speaker 2: You buy a separate mind, you have your durbile microwave for your gurble microwave. Yeah, that's a lot of work, man, a lot. And then you got to carry that dead cooked gerbil right into the restaurant with you pull it out of your pocket and then slide it into your soup without anybody watching.
Speaker 3: It probably all started because her kid brought home pet d class gerbil over the weekend holiday weekend and it died. She was like, you know what, but I could make some money off of this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but then it didn't work, so then you go buy more gerbils.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The part that you're looking over, Gimpe is that she's got some more high moral standard that she won't hold a gerbil that dribble in her pocket.
Speaker 8: I mean, she's true. I get nervous just.
Speaker 7: Ordering certain foods or complaining about food at a restaurant. This lady's got no problem yeah doing that. Let's do news quikies. These are stories you may have missed.
Speaker 8: In the news.
Speaker 11: Gees, It's time for news quakies, world news, local news, and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbyn Gimbean Lindsay with what's going on news quakies from the Big nine Morning showing nineties on the five.
Speaker 3: Facebook post helps track down Florida man pleasuring himself while driving. Jose Raphael Morales Martinez, sixty three years old, was arrested for indecent exposure. After a woman recorded in masturbating while driving on US Highway four eleven near Tavers, Martinez pulled alongside her in a gold Dodge minivan, repeatedly adjusting his speed match hers. She captured video evidence and photographed his license plate before posting about the incident on Facebook. Another woman commented that she experienced a similar incident with the same vehicle back in February. Police then tracked the minivan to Martinez, his employer at Bralt Auto Electric and Auto. When questioned, Martinez admitted that he gets horny sometimes and estimated Gale he had engaged in this behavior approximately six times. Just recently. He posted a twenty five hundred dollars bond after booking at the Lake County Jail.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, when a man loves himself, Corbyn and he's driving down the road.
Speaker 8: Thank you for clearing that part up. I clearly don't love myself enough.
Speaker 3: I guess I just.
Speaker 7: Don't understand the it's chewing gum and patting your head at the same time, or rubbing your belly and patting your head at the same time.
Speaker 8: The other one's easy.
Speaker 2: But like I don't know how you driving, and like, okay, all right, I don't know how you did it.
Speaker 7: Women would have an easier time. Maybe he's steering with his knees. He takes good for him, takes two hands. But how is she getting how is she seeing it? Unless she's in like a truck looking down, I don't know how you see it right?
Speaker 8: Right? Right? Maybe she was in a semi who knows well he was you why?
Speaker 2: Suspect tells police she needed her booze to stay awake while driving. This comes out of Ohio where a woman was pulled over because she was doing thirty eight on the interstate. Keep in mind the speed limit sixty, so she's driving really slow.
Speaker 8: So they light her up. They pulled her over.
Speaker 2: She denied drinking, but then she failed the field sobriety test when she fell over. Yeah, that's good. That's one of the they say that in the training. That's one of the indicators.
Speaker 7: If suspect falls over, you can go ahead and stop the test and put them in handcuffs. Then they found her roadie in the car with her, uh huh, and she told them and she's like, I needed to say away long driving. They didn't buy that at all whatsoever. So they went ahead took her in for.
Speaker 8: Drunk driving, driving too slowly, and open container. Do you remember the first.
Speaker 7: Time, God, this is gonna be horrible on the radio. Do you remember the first time you ever had a roady?
Speaker 8: Oh? No, I remember the last time? Have you ever had a roadie? Lindsay?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: First time?
Speaker 8: I I can't remember, Kimpy.
Speaker 2: I was in my twenties, early twenty I bet you. I wasn't even twenty one yet, I bet you, yeah, I was nineteen maybe twenty.
Speaker 8: Hold on, Lindsay's very animated.
Speaker 3: I do I think I remember. I was in Minnesota and I think we were, oh, twenty one, twenty two, okay, going to a haunted event, a haunted like haunted house. Yeah, and the original actor that played Jason Voorhees was going to be at this haunted house. And yeah, that's what sounds like a reason. Ye yeah right.
Speaker 7: I remember going to south By Southwest and my buddy was picking me up at the airport and he picked me up with a six pack of Shiner in the front seat.
Speaker 8: Nice.
Speaker 2: I pulled up to the you know, arrivals, got in and I was.
Speaker 8: Like, WHOA can we I mean, it's Texas.
Speaker 7: I remember feeling that way, and I just remember it's like that feeling you get when you have a shower beer. Right, this is awesome, especially if you're in a passenger seat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: By the way, I condone doing this. It is very dangerous. Don't do it. Do you not do it. You will get in trouble. It's not okay, okay. Drugs are bad.
Speaker 7: Fake police badges highlight civilians standoff dueling. Fake police badges are said to have been the center of a standoff between two men in Massachusetts, or as my friends call it, Massachusetts. It happened Monday night when a business owner confronted a group of loiters outside a record store on Main Street in the town of Henious. The shop owner told police that he was assaulted by one of the group's members, who was wearing a Halloween mask, so he pulled out a realistic Homeland Security Special Agent.
Speaker 8: Badge and told the masked man to back off.
Speaker 7: The man then responded by producing his own badge that read Special Police.
Speaker 8: Police.
Speaker 7: The real cops eventually arrested both men for impersonating police officers, but the mask man was also charged with assaulting a person over the age of sixty.
Speaker 2: So hold on, some of y'all carry a fake badge to intimidate people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, grow up, you child.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm the postman right. Oh god, oh please let this happen to me. It's so funny. It's so funny. I'd be like, yeah, well, I'm in the pope.
Speaker 8: See my point he.
Speaker 2: Had, Yeah, what a badge? Get out of town.
Speaker 7: I'm a record store owner by day, homeland secutage by night.
Speaker 8: What are you doing? Just special police is what cracks me. Oh what kind officer are you? I'm a special police officer. Now we've talked about this before.
Speaker 7: You can buy pretty much any law enforcement thing online on Amazon and it says police or whatever.
Speaker 8: It'd be hard to you probably could.
Speaker 7: When you see a group of police officers together, you could just blend in with them with like a vest. If you've ever seen the movie The Town, that's what happens when they're getting away with Matt Damon, I'm sorry, with Ben Affleck and uh oh, what's his name, Jeremy Renner, And one.
Speaker 8: Of the times they get away, he just puts on an FBI jacket. They just walks right off the while they're doing.
Speaker 2: Investigation and they're like, he's like, they're over there, and he walks away. You would think in a situation like that, the FBI either'd be like, hmmm, I don't recognize you.
Speaker 8: Are you new here?
Speaker 7: Here's a question how many people have to be together where there you could easily blend in because you're like I would make that assumption too. But in an organization like that, people come and go, they come from out of stay true.
Speaker 2: If you're on a crime scene and there's about twenty thirty there, you could probably get away with it.
Speaker 8: You think twenty or thirty's got to be the number?
Speaker 2: Hm?
Speaker 8: I think ten?
Speaker 3: Okay, ten to twenty probably?
Speaker 8: I think ten? Fine, yeah, right right, yeah, you're a cop. I'm a cop.
Speaker 2: My bad superseds, you're badge?
Speaker 8: What are we doing? Right?
Speaker 2: All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back the Big Med Morning Show return.
Speaker 3: Toty Lindsay, Actual, good morning, Corbyn. Rock the Bank is coming up at eight o'clock this morning. Be listening for that keyword. That's your chance at one thousand dollars and you've got thirteen chances throughout the day to win all the way up until eight o'clock tonight. You can spend it however you want. From eight am until eight pm, thirteen chances a day to win one thousand dollars. When you hear the keyword, enter it on line at kmode dot com.
Speaker 8: Good luck, Good morning Gimpy, Good morning Corbyn.
Speaker 2: Later on today we're gonna be talking with Dusky Fletcher from Smoking Guns.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: That's going down this Saturday at the Bok Center. Firefighters versus police, police versus firefighters. It's a damn good time. Get your tickets at bokcenter dot com.
Speaker 7: All right, Uh, we do this where we like to see what each person has they'd like to share on the show.
Speaker 8: So it's Gimpy's turn.
Speaker 13: Crown, no World, take shrow, give train, Give train the world, take my trow hand, get.
Speaker 3: On and go.
Speaker 8: There you go. Uh So, I I have this thing that I feel.
Speaker 2: Everybody has a dark side to them, right, everybody has a dark side.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter who you are.
Speaker 2: Now, well, your dark side doesn't necessarily mean that you're out raping children. But everybody does something that they're ashamed of or has done something. Everybody's got a skeleton in their closet, right and I like to venture down in the rabbit hole of celebrity dark sides, because nobody cares about regular people, right, and the fact that celebrities do bad things and we just let them slide because they famous.
Speaker 8: Now, sometimes sometimes you do get justice, I e. R. Kelly, Bill Cosby, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But the thing about it is that stuff went on, like especially those two guys, went on forever, or went forgotten forever until it finally saw justice years years years years after the fact, you know what I mean. So digging deep, I found some, and I try to stay away from some of the ones that we already know about. Like everybody knows that Mark Wahlberg beat up a Vietnamese guy called him racial slurs, you know, way back before he was with the Funky Bunch, all right. Everybody knows that Tim Allen sold cocaine when he was, you know, in his early twenties, in the seventies or whatever. So I found some that I think you might not know about. And I'll just I'll start with Tom Hardy here. Apparently Tom Hardy had a bad drinking problem, and apparently he said that he'd end up high and frightening some places that scared him, he might wake up someplace on the other side of London, or in another country, or in bed with somebody that he didn't know how he got there. He says he'd be bleeding, he'd be lucky that he didn't get hypatitis or AIDS.
Speaker 8: And he says that it was the birth of his son that turned him around. Which I don't feel like that's an uncommon story. No, no, not at all.
Speaker 7: Usually, people I think in their twenties are reckless. Yeah, until something jolts them away.
Speaker 8: That's fair, that's fair. Marriage, kids, the career they wanted, ending up in jail, up in jail. Yeah, whatever, a yang if you will. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know this about Sam Jackson, that apparently one. I didn't know that he was one of the ushers at Martin Luther King's funeral. I was like, that's cool, that's not a target side, but that's still kind of cool. But apparently, back in nineteen and sixty nine, old Sammy Jay here and some other students decided they wanted to get vengeance at the teaching staff of the Moorhouse College and they held them hostage until they finally reformed the curriculum. I mean if you're the.
Speaker 7: Guy standing against the wall, not really you know, yelling at people, You're still there. Yeah, yeah, you're still part of it. Yeah, you're still part of it.
Speaker 8: And I was like, Damn held a whole teaching staff hostage. Be like, and I could see Sam Jackson, you mother, evlace are gonna change this curriculum. That's Sam Jackson.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying to figure out how Sam Jackson was connected to Michael Luther Michael Martin Luther King. Uh, it just briefly went over it. It just sat here in this article here it says that Sam Jackson was actually one of the ushers at Martin Luther King's funeral.
Speaker 8: I don't know how they got connected.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just because they're both black, you know, maybe it was part of the Black panther party.
Speaker 9: That he was part of.
Speaker 2: What he held Martin Luther King Junior's dad was one of the people he held hostage.
Speaker 8: Well that explains a lot.
Speaker 2: Then if you're if somebody you know held your dad hostage, would you let them be the usher at your funeral?
Speaker 8: I guess you don't have a choice at that, but like your family or whatever.
Speaker 7: No, but the mindset of Martin Luther King two junior was very different. I mean, to get his point across, he let a man beat him in front of his congregation and people tried to intervene. He's like, no, let this man do this. Okay, he thinks this is the right way. And eventually the man stopped and the man changed his feelings about all of it.
Speaker 8: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: It was a.
Speaker 7: Fascinating It's a fascinating story. So I could see Martin Luther King Junior going, I forgive you so much.
Speaker 2: I'll let you.
Speaker 8: Finish what you do with I don't know, like put me in the ground.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: And I know sure.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the ones that just kind of see people or like are you on the family side or are you on the friends side? I mean, it's different than the Paul Bear. The Pall Bear is the real car.
Speaker 8: No, that's fair.
Speaker 7: The casket, Yeah, but I think his was probably pretty you know, a big event, his funeral. Oh and I would think the amount of reflection that Martin Luther King Junior had was probably pretty crazy too. Okay, Okay, we're talking celebrity dark size this one here says Beyonce preaches empowerment, but behind the scenes she utilizes sweatshop labor and pays fifty four cents an hour.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I gotta go back to the j I had it backwards. Martin Luther King Jr. Was already dead.
Speaker 7: When he decided to hold Yeah, it was a year later after Martin Luther King Junior died.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm glad that got more clear. Okay, So yeah, Beyonce sweatshops.
Speaker 8: Here's one that I found was interesting.
Speaker 2: This one kind of goes in deep with a lot of im And we've talked about celebrities and their young girlfriends. Jerry Lee Lewis marrying his cousin Elvis and Priscilla when she was super young. I didn't know Jimmy Page was twenty six when he started hitting up a fourteen year old Laurie Maddox as his girlfriend.
Speaker 8: We know about Mick Jagger, who also apparently had a few rounds with Laurie.
Speaker 2: Of course, Bill Rolling Stones Bill Wyman started dating a thirteen year old Mandy Smith when he was forty seven.
Speaker 3: And how old was she?
Speaker 8: Thirteen?
Speaker 2: But but, but but he got her mother's permission. I mean, I've had a thirteen year old daughter.
Speaker 8: She's grown woman.
Speaker 2: Now, there is no chance in hell I'm letting her hook up with a forty seven year old dude, even an eighteen year old.
Speaker 8: You know, it's like no, no, no, none, none, no no, I love the guy have a man crush. Ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna offer up my teenage daughter to some celebrity so I could what be friends with him?
Speaker 3: No, he's hooking up with Sully before he lets his thirteen goddamn right, what if.
Speaker 8: He had two goats, throw in a milking cow and we're in it? Not a milking bull. I'll never fall for that again. Apparently this I found interest.
Speaker 2: I did not know about this at all, but it says here that Courtney Love gave ted nuge At a mouth hug when she was twelve.
Speaker 8: Did you guys know about that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: I remember something, but I think the story's just from her from her side, Yes, I remember correctly. Well, okay that maybe I have found this same story on two different sources.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I mean if she blabbed it, uh huh.
Speaker 2: It says he also adopted a seventeen year old so he could bang her without getting charged with kidnapping. He even wrote a song about avoiding pedophilia charges. Anthony Ketas of the Chili PEPs wrote a song about it too, saying called Catholic Schoolgirls Rule, it's about him hooking up with a fourteen year old. At the age of twenty three, Marvin Gaye knocked up his wife's fifteen year old niece. And then it says that Don Henley of the Eagles was charged after paramedics found him with two naked girls fifteen and sixteen. I remember hearing about that as well.
Speaker 7: I feel the Don Helly one feels a little different. I don't like when we put that one in the same boat as like Steven Tyler. Okay, right, because he could they could have just been groupies. I doubt he was checking. Id's true. Not that I'm not condoning in I'm I'm just saying you can get your head around the idea.
Speaker 8: You're like, Oh, I guess, all right, yeah, I guess that may be a rock star thing.
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, there's a little more modern one for you, says Jared Loto has been accused of rape by half a dozen thirteen to fifteen year old girls who Jared leto Okay, I didn't know that, and then what else we got here? There's a lot of course, like I said, R Kelly, we know about him. Apparently there was this Jimmy Saville.
Speaker 8: If you know who that is.
Speaker 2: I guess he was a huge TV radio guy back in the sixties, seventies and eighties. Efre he died, massive allegations about him came out, the vast majority of which we're proven to be true, that he abused and raped multiple children of both sexes, many different ages while working on TV shows and et cetera. Said it was also known as a charity man who actually did raise millions for children's hospitals, but it was just to cover to gain access. They say that he even had keys in an official advisory position at Broadmoor, a high security psychiatric hospital in the UK, which allowed him to abuse and rape patience at will.
Speaker 8: He sounds fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He also had connections with children's homes where kids went quote missing and quite possibly murdered. They say, what's staggering about it is that it was known and often talked about while he was alive, and he even makes admissions in his own autobiographies.
Speaker 8: And people took the task over it.
Speaker 2: He was even questioned by police multiple times, but he managed to get away with it. And that's kind of what I mean at the beginning of this when I said celebrities do heinous things, but we just let them slide because they're celebrity at ease and nothing really happens until you're dead or years years years years years later.
Speaker 8: Like with the Cause and with r. Kelly.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's accurate accurate to say that we let them slide. I think it's more accurate that they have the means to get around the system. Okay, like they've got the cash to pay them off. No, they have the cash to pay for an attorney to work the system. That's not the same as we turned to blind eye. Yeah, okay, okay, you don't you need an attorney that can get the charges taken away from you, right, Not the best attorney, just somebody that could work the system for you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And if that means how, I'm not an attorney, I don't understand that works. I'm just saying people, miss, I think miss calculate those type of things. It is you want an attorney who can work the system correctly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll never forget. I'll never forget because it's not the way I would have handled it.
Speaker 7: I was getting a protective order against mine X, and I hired an attorney and he was like before he went, and he's like, hey, I'm gonna throw a giant fit in the courtroom, right, but don't be don't this is gonna benefit us.
Speaker 8: Just stay calm everything. Yeah right, yeah, yeah, and he did.
Speaker 7: He threw a massive fit to the point where the judge was like, chill out, or you're gonna have to leave. Well, this is done right when we left, he's like, I did that because I knew he wouldn't grant the protective order, but he will remember this case forever.
Speaker 8: Okay, And that helped out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that the right way I would have done it back by the book. But he's working the system.
Speaker 2: And if I ever got myself in a crazy predicament again, I'm calling him.
Speaker 8: I might need his numbers some time, the way my life goes anyway, Celebrities, they are just regular people, and we all have a dark side.
Speaker 2: Say a little bit more for a second. Oh well, you know I could do all kinds. I will know what your dark side is.
Speaker 8: Crown the world.
Speaker 13: Take my strong hand, get on the give train, alms give train around the world.
Speaker 8: Take my shrum hand, get on the I just couldn't imagine trying to beat off of them.
Speaker 7: We've got our top list today. They're doing the top ways to cook a potato. Potato, I'm a potato. You are going to be shocked in the different ways.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: Right now, though, it's time to play a game.
Speaker 2: Because on the line.
Speaker 7: We got tickets see Hoghy Suspect on June second at the Tulsa Theater.
Speaker 8: Tickets available to Tulsa Theater dot com.
Speaker 7: We've also got a pair of tickets to Smoking Guns eleven, which is a fantastic charity of it. It's where firefighters and police officers beat the crap out of each other all to raise money for the Oklahoma Firefighters Burn Camp and the Special Olympics of Oklahoma. It's happening in the Bok Center on Saturday. Get your tickets Bokcenter dot com. It's Thursday, so we're playing Snip Schnapschner. Current record is.
Speaker 2: Will I am leading with seven. Y'all are tied with three. Last week's winner that be me so Corbyn and Lindsey. Are your choices eight three, three four six, oh K m O D call up? Decide who's going to be your clue giver?
Speaker 7: Where we're going to see most Ride is going to win those tickets for Highly Suspect on June second at the Tulsa Theater and Smoking Guns eleven Saturday at the Bok Center.
Speaker 8: Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name? Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name? Jake? Jake? How are you, buddy?
Speaker 9: I'm doing great. How are you good man?
Speaker 8: It's good to hear your voice.
Speaker 5: Jake.
Speaker 2: Who would you like to give clues? Or Corbin?
Speaker 8: Jake?
Speaker 7: Sixty seconds are on the clock. Timer starts after the first clue.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Uh. This is what you would look for if you needed to leave a building quickly. It's a sign at the top near the ceiling.
Speaker 8: Uh. Yes, this is a yellow vegetable grows on stocks.
Speaker 2: Iowa is known for this f one Yes.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 8: There's a game from the eighties called Blank Pursuit.
Speaker 2: Yes, but drop the l yep.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: This would be a tool you would use that can open any door. Yes, but there's a more of a slang term for it. Your bones in your body may all there you go.
Speaker 8: Uh, this is when your your skin turns pink or red. It's because you got a yes.
Speaker 2: Uh, watch it, there's ice there. Don't blank and fall.
Speaker 7: Slip yep uh, I feel really bad for you. It's also a card. All right, I got six six pretty good man. Jay King on the line.
Speaker 8: We'll see if that's good enough. Okay, all right, there's a delay. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name? Gosh, Josh? How are you? Buddy? You and Lindsey have to beat six?
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, let's go here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay. This is a pop singer. He is redheaded and he sings perfect and he yeah, good job. This is a little it's a shape of a ball and it's glass and people used to collect them and shoots and oh uh yeah not plural singular marble. Yeah, a rice blank treat no Christy, Yes, but not leave off the e.
Speaker 8: Rice Christy.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. Captain Morgan is what Yes, green bright eighties colors, they glow in the dark. Yes, the blank of the litter. Yes, that doesn't smell good. It is bad.
Speaker 2: What time time time time time time.
Speaker 7: We have a tie, which means there's going to be a fifteen second runoff. Whoever gets the most right here will win. If there's another tie, nobody gets anything. You're up first, Josh, Are you ready?
Speaker 8: I'm ready. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Uh, there is a blank out for you. If you are on a wanted list, you're warrant No there, you're worth a hundred You're worth one hundred bucks if I bring you in, I want to post one of time. Oh, we put a blank on you on time time time time time.
Speaker 8: That means you got zero.
Speaker 7: At best case scenario, there's a tie and you don't get anything, So thanks so much for playing. All right, all right, listen here, Jake. We got to get at least one in this runoff. Okay, if you get zero, then you don't get anything.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Cyanide, you have to put a mask on. You would use this to control a crowd.
Speaker 7: It's a little container that has fumes that come out and make your eyes get watery.
Speaker 2: Pure guess correct?
Speaker 8: What was the timer on that It doesn't start until he says a word? Oh, okay, okay, did he say something. I didn't start it.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, congratulations man, you're getting those tickets for highly suspect and smoking Guns.
Speaker 2: Eleven.
Speaker 8: Hang on the line so Gimpie can get your info. Okay, all right, good job.
Speaker 2: The one that Lindsay ended on in the second round, Bobo Fett was one of these dog the blank hunter.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when there's a price tag on your head.
Speaker 7: Because you did something that would be considered a I don't think any of the clues Lindsay gab were wrong.
Speaker 8: So there's that.
Speaker 2: And then the one right at the end.
Speaker 7: When I have gas. My wife says I have blank farts. Okay, mis smelly another name for smelly.
Speaker 2: All right, right, right, if you're opposed to something, some people would say you would raise a big blank about the situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fuss, Yeah, he right on the buzzer. He had gotten slip, he had set it right on the buzzer.
Speaker 7: There's nothing okay, all right, the record now, well that keeps me in the lead.
Speaker 8: With seven moves Korb into four leaves, Lindsay.
Speaker 2: With eight you're listening to the Big Mad Morning Show. And see what Gimpie has in his four x four half. Well, this is here that the White House is awaiting a response from Iran. The White House says it's still waiting to hear back from Iran's current leadership, as peace negotiations remain stalled. Yesterday, Press Secretary Caroline Eleven said US officials are seeking a unified response. Following the deaths of most of the regime's senior leaders in the early days of Operation Epic Pury, President Trump extended the existing cease fire on Tuesday. A judge blocks Virginia vote certification. A Virginia judge is blocking the state from certifying the results of Tuesday's redistricting referendum.
Speaker 8: Virginia voters approved the plan, which could expand the.
Speaker 2: Democratic Party's six to five advantage into common wills Congration delegation to ten to one. Now a judge's ruling the referendum was on the constitutional Virginia's Attorney General has bowed to uppeal the decision. Two previous efforts to block the referendum have been struck by the Virginia Supreme Courts. It says here that paying your rent on time may now improve a home buyer's credit score Federal.
Speaker 8: Mortgage I would think so, you would like to think so.
Speaker 2: I guess it didn't used to do that, but should. It's like you can pay your rent on time, you should be able to pay your loan on time. Right, it makes sense anyway. Federal mortgage buyers Fanny May and Freddie Mack are now allowing credit scores based on rent and utility payments to make it easier to qualify for a mortgage.
Speaker 8: I think that's pretty good news. Maybe. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lastly, here, Oklahoma Senate votes down sports betting bill. Senators rejected House Built ten forty seven by a vote of twenty seven to twenty one, following debate from both sides of the issue. The legislation would have allowed tribes to offer in person betting at.
Speaker 8: Their facilities and open the door to legalized mobile betting. The votes mark the latest and the number of failed attempts to legalize sports gambling in Oklahoma. Currently, thirty nine other states allow some form of sports betting, including Kansas.
Speaker 7: I kind of feel like they should do this. I'm not a fan of it, like in terms in terms of some people ability to manage their finances and stuff, like, I'm not a fan of it from that standpoint, but you know, you do you right, your choice on whether you can handle that stuff, but we're eventually gonna do it.
Speaker 8: Let's get out in front of it. Let's collect some money, right right, I'm a state. How long did it take for the lottery to pass? I have no idea.
Speaker 2: It seemed like a damn long time. Everybody else is doing lottery. We're always the last man lottery high point beer tattoos, you.
Speaker 8: Know, cold beer.
Speaker 2: You have a thought.
Speaker 7: At five o'clock in the morning, you can text us you have a mass and whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five. You can also use the red microphone when you're listening k OD on the iHeart radio app to leave us a voice message.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning Corbin. You want to see breaking Benjamin with Belle Star said on October thirteenth, you could just listen to KMOD on the free iHeart radio app and hit up that contest tab and sign up to win at tickets. It's just that simple.
Speaker 2: Good luck, good morning, give me well, Good morning, Corbin. You know you just got your first keyword to rock the bank. That's right, It's true.
Speaker 8: I said it. You if you didn't miss it or you didn't make it. Just keep on listening.
Speaker 2: You got plenty of other chances throughout the day to score yourself one thousand.
Speaker 8: Clams. Try to think of different words to see.
Speaker 2: Cash, Denaro, DeNiro, Benjamin's, Benjamin's, I like that one stacks Okay, I done some oleans, stack paper okay, greenbacks.
Speaker 12: One thousand box that's just simple enough. Big ones get you like a thousand biginsickols. Many michels make a muckel, so they say, anyway, I don't know if I believe yeah, believe them.
Speaker 2: Conspiracy theory Thursday.
Speaker 8: This is an interesting story.
Speaker 7: The conspiracy will be in the fact that I always like to remind people at any chance I will. It's like people that won't walk over a penny. I will not walk over a chance to mention that nobody dies from sharks, even though we bring it up all the time.
Speaker 2: The news loves that bait. I'm sure you'll see multiple stories this year.
Speaker 7: Maybe it has to do because you're in this fantastic spot and the sun and it's supposed to be whatever, and you know, then you get eaten by a shark and that's obviously very terrifying. But any death I think is terrifying when you're on vacation. So, but for some reason, people love to bring this up, the shark thing, right, who, how many do you think.
Speaker 2: Sharks kill more people? Are wild bores?
Speaker 7: For those who don't know, wild pigs in America are incredibly devastating. They are an invasive species. They're responsible for for billions of dollars in damages. Some states even go as far as having boar hunts during times of the year to kind of try to eradicate these menacing, horrible.
Speaker 8: Animals.
Speaker 7: But how many do you think kill people? Who do you think is kill more? Who do you think kills more? Sharks which the news would lead you to believe they are very menacing? Or wild boars? Wild boars are it's wild bores.
Speaker 2: By fifteen twenty people a year die by wild boar, five die by shark a year.
Speaker 8: They are a horrible, horrible problem.
Speaker 2: But apparently this guy was going for a walk and he encountered not one, not two, but a large amount twenty wild pigs started following him.
Speaker 7: Started the video surfaced on line. He's walking down a road at night while filming what is happening behind him? Because it's so alarming, right, and in the video, he says, So I'm walking down and I got like twenty pigs following me. The animals are trailing behind him, calmly.
Speaker 8: Keeping their distance.
Speaker 7: I don't know what to do, he says, adding that every time he stops, they stop too. They're they're hunting him.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I don't know what to do. I'm starting to get scared. I don't know should I run.
Speaker 7: By end of the clip, he's pretty much unsettled, yelling help, help, help. What do you do if you have twenty pigs following you? People always are like, oh, run. I don't know if running from an animal that runs a lot is a good idea. Now, maybe pigs, unless it's a turtle that feels like you'll be okay. Maybe a snail. I'm never seeing a snail run, But I don't know bores. I don't know how fast bores can run, but I would imagine they run a lot. Yeah, they're fast and running from one. It doesn't seem like event. They can run up to thirty miles per hour. Yeah, yeah, don't run unless you can run thirty one miles an hour, which you cannot.
Speaker 2: No, I'll spoil it for everybody. No, you fat ass cannot How fast does Ussein Bolt run? Right, he's the fastest man in.
Speaker 8: The Yeah, I want to say twenty five. Okay, Lindsey, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Thirty five?
Speaker 2: Twenty seven and a half? Even Usain Bolt can't outrun these pigs.
Speaker 7: And he's a he's a flash runner, so he could only run that burst for a short amount of time, which I think probably the bores of that too.
Speaker 8: But you're not running, So what do you do? You got twenty punting you down? Yeah, stalking?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 3: You puff up and try to ski? Hear them turn around.
Speaker 8: Like you do with bears? Yeah, yeah, you're solf big Yeah. Okay, No, I think that's a horrible idea. That is a attitude you.
Speaker 3: Have for one right, okay, right, you said twenty of they're a pack.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they they're working together. You climb your ass up a tree?
Speaker 3: There you go?
Speaker 8: Can they climb tree?
Speaker 7: I didn't realize how fast, how dangerous they are in terms of they killed twenty.
Speaker 8: People a year. I don't think they can climb trees.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't be surprised that all twenty of them got together and started ramming the tree. They would knock it down or get some damage to it and knock you out of it at least.
Speaker 7: And you're also not twelve, so don't think you can climb a tree real fast through that.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't think they're not going to climb the tree, but I don't think that they are. They'll probably stay in wait for you to come down.
Speaker 7: I'll wait them out. Yeah, I don't care. And you got a phone you could call too. I mean, you can get up a tree, be safe.
Speaker 3: Call yes, stop recording and call someone. Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, that's probably the best attitude.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I would probably like I can't imagine they love loud noises, Okay, so I would probably go to somewhere where there's loud noise.
Speaker 8: Now, did this guy have a gun on him or anything like that? He was just hiking. He wouldn't hunting or anything. No, he was just walking down the street. Bro, there am on of my own business.
Speaker 7: He wasn't like, you know, taking a fun hike in the woods. He was just walking down the street. People were like, you should have killed it.
Speaker 8: You would have gotten bacon. Some people.
Speaker 7: I don't know if boar bacon's that good. That's kind of where I'm at it sure, slowest police chase ever. One person commented, because they're pigs, you're now a Disney princess, right, This person said, I live in Texas. The armadillo started doing this with me on nightly walks. I felt like a Disney princess.
Speaker 2: Those are armadillas. Though armadillas are nothing. How many granted they carry leprosy, but how many do you have to have following you before any animal? When the quantity starts growing, I get concerned. I don't care what it is. So if you had like twenty armadilla's follering you probably five, Yeah, it'd because for concern. I wouldn't be so worried about it like I would if it was five wild boars. Right, But I think I feel I could beat off five armadillas. Yeah, they just start potting them some bitches.
Speaker 8: Man. Two, I believe five. I don't, huh.
Speaker 2: I give it a good try. It's worth a shot anyway. Again, just start kicking now. You can't, you can't you You could try to do that with a bore. But if I mean, those things are big and mean, they got teeth and tusks, you know, to where the armadilla.
Speaker 7: Is they ain't nothing, so like a boar might do what a goat does. If you've never seen a goat, they love to just ram people right and drew, So maybe the boar does the same thing and just goes for your legs and tries to take you out right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It says that they that they have a hard time maneuvering like in zigzag so left right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure there's a way to look it up and get an exact answer of like the best strategy.
Speaker 8: I'm just curious of what you would do without the ability to google.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you just got to let your instincts kick in, and for me, running like a bitch is my instinct.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So this says armadillos have a hard outer shell claws that are built for.
Speaker 8: Digging, not compact combat. So that means they're dull.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: They can jump three to four feet straight up, just straight their high jump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yes, you.
Speaker 8: Can get leprosy, but don't worry. That's not an instant problem. It takes years.
Speaker 7: And this says that you would probably need sixty to eighty armadillos to take over a human.
Speaker 8: It's a lot of armadillos. I chased an armadilla around the park once. It wasn't nothing, but that was just one though.
Speaker 2: Okay, why because it was there. I got a video of it somewhere on an old phone. This was a couple of years back. I was playing disc golf out at Chandler Park and I was looking for my disc and as I'm this disc as as I was looking for, and I'm like, oh, an armadilla and he starts to scourry off, and I whip out my phone and I started phone the phone and I start filming it. And here I am just chasing this armadilla around until I got tired of chasing the armadilla around. And I was like, oh, that's neat because it's not every day that I get to see an armadilla up close. You know that's alive anyway, see him dead on the side of the road all the time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you and I live two differents. Not on my list of things I want to do.
Speaker 7: Now, would I chase a wild boar around the woods? Yes, I just just say yes, because we know, I don't know, those are big and scary. Those are big and scary. Armadillas aren't so scary looking.
Speaker 8: How many bores do you think it would take to take over a human two to three?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Three, you think three unless you get one that's just really horny.
Speaker 3: Okay, as long as there was no trees, no structures to jump on.
Speaker 7: Bro a wild boar can weigh up to three hundred pounds. Sometimes they exceed five hundred.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 7: Their tusks are four to six inches. Okay, so average, and they're not dumb. They're really smart. This says an unarmed person one with open ground.
Speaker 2: A person near a tree two to three, because they would try to cut off your escape.
Speaker 7: Okay, A trained person that's unarmed one or two. A person with a stick or knife two or three. A person in a car, uh, several hundred because they would flip it.
Speaker 8: They'd flip the car, start ramming it.
Speaker 2: Kind of like you said with the goats, And if you think about it, that's all you really only need one. If he does the goat, heead ram thing right, knocks you on your ass and then just starts tusking you to death.
Speaker 8: Or you know, clawing at you with their hooves.
Speaker 2: You're done.
Speaker 7: You're done now, a shark, you just get out of the water, and I think you're probably good from that standpoint, right.
Speaker 8: I don't know land sharks, but a bore.
Speaker 7: I don't know why we don't talk about wild boar's more, no wonder they're called the razorbacks, like like.
Speaker 8: This is a menacing animal. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The boar will chase you into the water and be glad. They are very comfortable chasing you into a lake. They will outlast you. They won't get tired. Yeah, they can tread water for hours. You will get exhausted before they will. Why are we not talking about wild boars? Where's the p s A.
Speaker 2: About the you know, the forest being closed because of the wild boars?
Speaker 8: Right? Do we have a boar problem here in Oklahoma?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: Like yeah, like in Texas.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay. I've seen the videos of those helicopter tours where you shoot shoot him the helicopter.
Speaker 8: That looks like a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: One point five million in Oklahoma, according to the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife.
Speaker 2: Takes says my dad killed a hog once while hunting. Two weeks later, he walked up on another hog banging the dead one. The boys don't care man.
Speaker 7: They have been seen in the Tulsa area, including Bixby, which required a police assistant intervention.
Speaker 8: At one point. Really city boars, huh?
Speaker 7: I mean, I think they're coming up to the perimeter, like bears not here, but sometimes bears links we get, we get bobcats in our neighborhood. Okay, we've had coyotes in our neighborhood right because they were near the Yes, so they don't know, they don't know.
Speaker 8: They're like there was a forest, all right. It's not like they're walking downtown by like arnies or whatever.
Speaker 7: And even then it would be like they just got lost. But I don't know why we aren't talking about Pharaoh hogs More. I don't know why this isn't a thing.
Speaker 8: Got a hog proof of your house? Now? And while bar isn't a movie, Lindsay's gonna talk about it night. I don't think so. I don't think so. No, but hog hunt might be.
Speaker 7: We're gonna take a break. We'll be back rush more of the Big Med Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Is that conspiracy theory? Thursday?
Speaker 7: I was trying to think of this quote from Fight Club, and I thought it was on a long enough timeline everything becomes true.
Speaker 8: That's not the quote.
Speaker 2: The quote is on a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero. That's the quote from the movie, right, But I was trying to think.
Speaker 8: I thought the.
Speaker 2: Quote was in regards to the truth, because in.
Speaker 7: Two thousand and five, The Onion put out a headline that said cases of glitter lung are on the rise among elementary.
Speaker 2: School art teachers.
Speaker 7: Oh no, right, it's The Onion, So it's a joke, not real, right, Nope, Now it's real glitterlung.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 8: I've heard of glitter boobs. Now it's a real thing.
Speaker 7: A three year old girl accidentally inhaled a large amount of glitter dust while a family member was decorating an ornament. The glitter also got on her skin and in her eyes, and she ingested some. She experienced respiratory distress, coughing, vomiting, abdominal pain, and parts of her skin turned and blue.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, she developed inmphysema. Nope, she developed subcutaneous infhasma, which.
Speaker 7: Is air trapped under the skin. Oh wow, and pneumothorax on the right side of her lung. Doctors treated her with oxygen, antibiotics and mechanical ventilation for days, and she spent over a week in the hospital and a follow up later showed bronchitis in both lungs in lung bases and that can lead to recurrent respiratory infections. Now in twenty twenty two, a fifteen month.
Speaker 2: Old was hospitalized with copper poisoning from glitter ingestion that required a bronchoscopy.
Speaker 7: To wash out the airways. Glitter is made of crushed bronze. For those that don't know, the ultra fine variety is more dangerous because it is more easily absorbed into the bloodstream. Young children who adjust large amounts are most at risk, not like dults like the onion implied this case report. The case report authors are calling for regulation of glitter sales, yes, arguing that ultra fine glitter, commonly found in paints, cosmetics, and craft supplies, shouldn't be available to children under fourteen. Can you imagine having to show an ID to buy glitter?
Speaker 8: Right? The FDA warned against using glitter and.
Speaker 7: Dust products and dust products to decorate food items unless they are specifically manufactured to be edible.
Speaker 8: Call me a horrible parent, Call me the fun police.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't allow glitter in my house.
Speaker 7: Glitter's terrible glitter and slime man, and then you mix the two slim and plato I already don't like, but I turn a blind eye. But glitter, no, it gets everywhere you find it for days. Oh yeah, it is one of those things that and now you can now that happens right.
Speaker 8: Eating clear though, Like as a kid, I ate the paste. I hate the playto, I hate the cat and dog food.
Speaker 2: Never once did I think, let's put these tiny pieces of shiny metal in my mouth.
Speaker 7: Nobody you have done something else with shiny metal, and so that doesn't make sense. Now I have tasted paste. I didn't eat paste, okay. And I ate dog food, but only because I was trying to impersonate a dog.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 7: That's pretty much the extent that I can recall of things that I ate as a kid. Yeah, when you say eat paste like on the rag or like a dare, and when you say eat dog food where you like, hey, looking over your shoulder, eat dog food, it was there.
Speaker 8: So we'll start with the dog food. It was there. Oh how was I am seven seven eight? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Anyway, it was there, and I'm like, oh, and it tasted good, so I I didn't do it like regularly, like sit down at the dinner table and have my bowl of alpo or.
Speaker 8: Well, no, you do it on the floor, of course, of course, but you know, just walking by, it'd be there.
Speaker 2: So I pick up a morsel and I have one so far as the paste about the same age or whatever. And in school and we're doing our crafts or whatever, and you just take your finger down in there and get you out a big old glop and.
Speaker 8: That tasted good.
Speaker 2: Plato was my regular gig, though for sure Layda's got a salty flavor to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, never never ate any of that stuff. I only ate food I had. I went to school with kids that.
Speaker 8: That sentence is so funny.
Speaker 3: Yes, actual food. I did go to school with kids that would do it. My sister in law when she bought my kids plato for the first time, I watched her, as a grown ass adult, take the plato and she smelled it and then she ate it, and I go, what are you doing? And she goes, it's plato exactly, it's plato.
Speaker 8: It's doe that it's good.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, it's not, it's plain good.
Speaker 5: It's not food.
Speaker 3: And she goes, you never ate it. No, you're not supposed to eat it, and she goes, but you can. I go no, oh my god. It pissed me off.
Speaker 8: So it does.
Speaker 3: And it does smell salty. It's true.
Speaker 2: It doesn't smell salty. Girl, you've never tasted it. Yeah, it doesn't smell salty. It is salty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well whatever, don't don't eat plato. Just don't. And I pissed me because I'm like, don't teach that to my kids. To eat plato.
Speaker 8: It's not toxic.
Speaker 7: I know that, but but I know, but you are kind of label like it's gasoline, Like it's still gross.
Speaker 3: There's just a play with it and your hands are all over it, and then you're like gonna eat it.
Speaker 5: That's gross.
Speaker 8: It's you get just that audio.
Speaker 3: I did have a girl in art class would eat paste like he was when you were probably in fourth grade.
Speaker 8: Okay, I thought you were talking about subbing.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no, in fourth grade she would eat paste like it was a like a damn snack. And I would look at her like what are you doing? What is wrong with you? And she ended up getting held back.
Speaker 8: Now I know why you think she got held back because she ate playdough.
Speaker 3: Was no a paste eater?
Speaker 2: Well that doesn't know, I mean she would eat it like it was a meal.
Speaker 8: Man, Get your spoon and go to town. We should say full disclosure.
Speaker 7: If you have a gluten allergy, you should stay away from Plato, right, because it has flour in it. Yeah, I remember my mom making homemade playdough. Oh yeah, and you could eat it.
Speaker 8: The food coloring and the dough. I don't even know if we could afford food coloring, but pretend it's green.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But the idea that like eating it is this giant sin. Now glue you could get me on board with. But Plato was like, ah, he should you know, but you also shouldn't give your kid mountain doing. Nobody blinks an eye at that.
Speaker 8: Right right, right now, I want to say it.
Speaker 2: I don't know anybody because I feel there's a difference between glue and paste. Granted they're both adhesives, but I never seen anybody grab a container of Elmer's and squirt it into the I've never done that.
Speaker 8: I would just get it all over my hands and then rub it together and then it peels.
Speaker 2: Well, rubber cement. We did that with rubber cement. We just sniffed that in the back of the classroom. But yeah, paste, there's a lot of us.
Speaker 8: That ate paste.
Speaker 7: I was talking to my kid about art class because she was sharing it was that was the class that day, and I asked what they did, and I was like, I remember an art class. And I had to change the conversation because I was about to talk about eating glue, rubbing glue on my hands, pulling it off, letting people smell markers, and then bumping their hands.
Speaker 8: So it marked their face.
Speaker 7: You didn't want to give many No, No, I don't need to need to be I don't need to be called to the principal's office because I instructed my kid how to do something.
Speaker 2: They tattled on me. Yeah, but glitter is one of the I don't love it on gift wrapping. I don't love it on cards. I don't love it for anything.
Speaker 3: When you see those boxes that you can buy and when you open.
Speaker 2: Them, unless it's for porch pirates, oh yeah, and then I'm one hundred percent on board.
Speaker 8: And then you still got to clean that us up, you know what I mean? And not me?
Speaker 7: No, no, like they opened it in their car nobody, no porch pirate opens a gift on the porch. They wait till they get in their car or they're at home. There's a video online Mark Roeber, who uh he does? He made engineered. He's a former rocket scientist, and he made a glitter bomb package and then made it where there's cameras and stuff in it so you could watch people opening brilliant. And we also had fart spray, so they would open it up and this glitter would go everywhere.
Speaker 2: In their car and then the fart spray and you're like, that's brilliant.
Speaker 3: I'm satisfying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the videos are pretty great, Yeah, are pretty great. Now there is I forget it's called Baker's cough if I'm not from if I'm remembering it correctly, and there are This happens to a lot of people that are bakers, and it's from the ingestion of flour in their lungs the dust, yes, and it can make them incredibly sick.
Speaker 8: Welders have this problem. My uncle was a welder.
Speaker 7: He would get dropped into like pipes like exhaust pipes and things like that for power plants and nuclear and things like that to weld and he died because of black lung.
Speaker 8: Okay, like coal miners and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, so there are This isn't the glitter feels like, Hey, don't trick me glitter.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, trick me. You think it's all fun and games, supposed to be happy times. Nope, I will kill you.
Speaker 2: Why don't we have a scary movie about glitter? There should be a horror.
Speaker 8: Movie about glitter? Netflix.
Speaker 2: Here ick any birthday party?
Speaker 8: I see it.
Speaker 7: I'm like, oh boy, Yeah, teachers that wanted out their class. I'm like, year crazy, you are asking.
Speaker 8: For trouble, right, you'll be finding that six months from now.
Speaker 2: Those are like the first year teachers.
Speaker 3: Yeah they learn.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, we got to take a break.
Speaker 7: Coming up, we got our top five songs today, it's the Top five ways to cook a potato.
Speaker 2: Take a break and we'll be back. More of the Big Man Morning Show is next.
Speaker 7: We always like to talk with our friend Mike Malega from the Tulsa Drillers. He's on the line with us right now. Hey, buddy, how are you.
Speaker 9: I'm doing great, Corbin.
Speaker 7: It's great to hear from you and the Tulsa Drillers. Baseball is happening down at one Oak Field and starting next week on Tuesday, the twenty eighth, we have an early day game to get us going, and we always love the day games.
Speaker 8: You got two next week if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 14: Yeah, man, first first time we're ever doing that when we're going back to back, So Tuesday, Yeah, we're gonna start it out with an eleven am game on Tuesday, and then we follow it up that night with oh are you taking on Oklahoma Stak Cowboys at seven o'clock, So we'll have like a split double that day, and then we'll follow it up with a noon game on Wednesday, and then we'll get into our weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just some great stuff happening. Star Wars Night is happening next week.
Speaker 7: If you like jerseys and hats, those are all some of the promotional items that are going to be available next week. Make sure you get your tickets at Tulsa Drillers dot com. And we have had some temperature wise, amazing weather to watch baseball down at one Oakfield, haven't we.
Speaker 14: Yes, we have hem it's been great, you know, but the we just got to stayed rye. That's severe weather away from us.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 7: I try not to get there, but so make sure you go down and watch the future stars in Major League Baseball play down at one oak Field, because there are some guys right now on the roster that are wildly good. The number one prospect for the Dodgers. We've got some great guys that are on the team right now playing down at one oak Field.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Man, then we're crushing at thirteen and four, first place right now, best starts since nineteen ninety six. So I mean, like the drillers are they're coming to play this year. Man, we're excited.
Speaker 7: This happened last year too, where I felt like the guys were having fun playing like you could see it in their eyes and the way that they played ball. Obviously winning, it's easy to make that statement, but it seems that way again this year that the team just looks like they're having a lot of fun. And when guys are having fun like that, it's fun to watch.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Man, there's no doubt I've been doing this long enough, Corbin that you know, like when you have a team that is always in a game, no matter how far they fall behind, that you always have this feeling like, hey, you know what we have the ability to make a comeback.
Speaker 9: Like yesterday we had a doubleheader.
Speaker 14: We swept it against Frisco, but we were down five runs kind of late in the game, and boom, we clawed our way back, tied it in the ninth innings, scored three runs or the seventh inning was double header, so the last inning, seventh thinning, and then we scored six in the tenth inning. So like you not counting out this team, the guys believe that they're gonna win. Some years you just don't have that feeling, but this year's got a special feeling in it.
Speaker 7: Right now, let's talk a little bit about two things. One, I want to make sure we give prompts to I mentioned other great future stars of Major League Baseball playing at one oakfield. And Luke Fox is a guy we hope to have on the roster all season long. But there's a chance he's gonna get pulled up.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Man, he's been dynamite. I think he's had three starts and they've all been outstanding. His last start just on Sunday was dominant. He went four shutout in but he pulled a hamstring, so we did put him on the IL. Right now, so we'll hope that he'll get back here in a couple of weeks. But he's been dynamite and if he keeps that up, for sure he'll again promoted. We may even see him in the big leagues before the end of the year.
Speaker 7: And then I also wanted to bring up an event you guys are doing down at one Oak Field in June on June thirteenth.
Speaker 2: It's called the Oil Derek Dash.
Speaker 7: And this is a pretty cool run for you to be a part of if you like running, even to take the kids.
Speaker 8: It's a pretty cool event because it ends in the outfield.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 14: Back at Driller Stadium back in the day over on the fairgrounds, we used to do a Field of Dreams five k run and it finished on the field and it was really kind of a super fun event, like a Sunday morning event. So we're kind of reviving that and the Oil Derek Dash. Yeah, it's gonna be great. So it'll be a great course running through downtown and then the finish line will be on the field, So really kind of a unique wrinkle for the running community to be able to finish on the field. With the video board going right there in center field would be pretty cool. We're looking forward to it and that this is the plan is to make that an annual tradition.
Speaker 8: Again.
Speaker 7: One of the most memorable runs I've ever had was doing it at a football stadium and ending you go through the tunnel and end on the field. I mean, it feels special anytime you get to go on the field. That's part of the reason you guys let kids run the bases on Sundays.
Speaker 14: That's exactly right, man, that's the priority. And the more people we can get onto the field, the more memories we get to make.
Speaker 7: All Right, let's talk about some other Major League Baseball How on a scale of one to ten, are the Mets a ten or are they Colorado Rockies bad?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 14: On a scale, they're definitely not a ten. I mean they're they're not Colorado Rockies bad either. I think they'll go on a little bit of a run.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 14: They're They're pitching is just not very very good right now, and some of their star players like Francisco Lindoor just off to like horrendous starts, but they broke their losings or they're winning.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're losing streak. Last night they got a w there, But on.
Speaker 14: A scale of one to ten, I'd say right now, they're probably playing like a four and the Rockies are probably like a three.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then the Royals are finding new ways to lose. And let's talk about the kid. And I don't know his name. He plays for the White Sox and he's a rookie, Minnetaka Murakami, Murakami.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, he is tearing it up. I think he's got ten bombs now.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He he had a home run in four straight games, becoming just the third Japanese player to ever doing that, joining shoey Otani sey As Suzuki. His nine homers to twenty three games were the most of any Japanese born player that early in a Major League play Major League Baseball career, three more than shoey Otani in the same stretch.
Speaker 8: That is cool. Where to stat right there?
Speaker 14: Incredible and honestly, I think if I read it correctly, I think he hit another one yesterday, which made it five in a row. And it's only like the third or fourth rookie in Major league history to hit a home run in five consecutive games. So yeah, like he is definitely making a splash, which is incredible. Just like these the Japanese talent that is moving from the Japanese leagues over to the major leagues. It's like at an all.
Speaker 9: Time high right now.
Speaker 14: Obviously Otani is probably the best player in the game. I don't even think it's really that arguable other than with Aaron Judge that conversation. But you know, then you had a guy like Murakami and he's like, you know, and no problem major League Baseball. Sure, I'll just rake, yeah, hit bombs.
Speaker 9: Sure.
Speaker 7: Well, and to have another guy, to have somebody like Shoey An Aaron where you're seeing his happen, and then to have this guy coming up behind him, you're like, oh, we may get another decade out of amazing baseball happening.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, we'll have to see. This guy's still pretty early in his game. We're twenty three games, twenty four games into it, so let's check back in periodically and we'll see how the progress. If he's doing this and we're still talking about him at the All Star break, and then we got something really special happening.
Speaker 7: Yeah, with that sentiment of let's chill out a little bit. The Marlins are in first place, and nobody expected them to be in first place. I think they're not even playing in their real stadium. They're playing in another stadium right now.
Speaker 9: No, the Marlins are in their place. They're good, you know, down in Miami. But the.
Speaker 14: The Devil Rays, oh the Rays, the Tampa Rays. Is they're back in their stadium too. They're not in the minor league ballpark anymore. Yeah, the Marlins, the Marlins are in a good spot. I think they're in second place, but they it's helpful that the Mets and the Phillies, who were supposed to be like the leaders of the division, are absolutely off to horrific starts. So it's nice to see some of these other teams kind of step up and fill the void and give their fan base a little bit of hope.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then this is kind of interesting too, because everybody counts the Astros out when they have this type of situation. They are have thirteen players on the ire. They are kind of tumbling right now, and people are you know, excited, But I don't think you count these guys out yet. It's still, like you said, twenty four games in.
Speaker 14: They're very talented. They are very talented, and nobody's running away with the AL West right now. I think the A's are in first place and they're only one game over five hundred. So the Astros snap off five wins in a row, they could be, you know, right there, buying for the division title. So yeah, they're definitely not out of it yet, but it's not hurting my feelings to see them struggle.
Speaker 7: And I say the last the best for last because I want you to be able to talk about your Yankees and how good their pitching is.
Speaker 8: Right now.
Speaker 9: The pitching has been phenomenal.
Speaker 14: They've had a very very They've had a very easy schedule, to be honest with you, so they're probably not where they should be and the tougher part of the schedule is coming up, so we'll see how they do. But yeah, feel pretty good about it. And the pitching staff's been dynamite and they'll be getting Garrett coleback and Carlos Rodin, who are they're probably their top two starters. Those guys are fun that disabled list, so eventually they're going to get them back, and then that pitching is can even be stronger.
Speaker 9: So yeah, a lot to be excited about if you're a Yankee fan.
Speaker 7: To put it in numbers, the rotation has been in a point five to three ERA through their first six games.
Speaker 8: That's the best by any team since nineteen thirteen.
Speaker 9: That's incredible. I did not realize that. That's incredible.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So great baseball happening all around and down at one Oakfield with the Tulsa Drillers who are back in town on Tuesday.
Speaker 8: Lots of great stuff happened. Two day games next week.
Speaker 7: You have two opportunities to have a out of office lunch and go catch some Drillers baseball down at one Oakfield. Tulsa Drillers dot com to get your tickets. Mike, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 9: Thanks Corbin, You'll have a great rest of the week.
Speaker 8: You too. Man take a break and we'll be back.
Speaker 3: Mony Lindsay, Good morning, Corbin, thirty one and having fun. Sia, Siberia porn star is having a birthday today. You can find her in Happy Father's Day, Horny Boss, and Lust Fingers. She was a twenty twenty Best Cosplay Clip Artist Award winner.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Gimpy Way, Good morning Corbin. You want to go to Jamaica, We'll send you there for free to anti sandals or beaches Resort Fourty's three nights. Sounds like a hell of a good time to me. How do you get in on that week? Click on the contest day right there on the Free Guyheartradio Web.
Speaker 8: All right, let's go ahead and do our top list.
Speaker 11: It's Tiper Big Mad Morning Show's top list random topics, randomly drawn with random results.
Speaker 8: Now here's Corby, Kimpy and Lindsay with this week's top list. This week's top list are the top five.
Speaker 7: Ways to cook a potato easily the number one most versatile.
Speaker 2: Vegetable all the year for sure.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, what do you got, Lindsay?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Number five spot is French fries, but not just any I like crinkle cut, I do. I mean, I like all cuts of French fries, but crinkle cut recently has taken the number one spot for me when it comes to French fries because of something I found called chicken salt, and it's what they use in Australia. Our exchange student Moses, his mom sent us some because he was missing it and I tried it and I love it and it is particularly good on the crinkle cut French fry, and that is how they season their fries there.
Speaker 8: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 3: It's it's almost like our version of seasoned salt. Oh, it reminds me of but it's it's a little bit more of the like the chicken bouleon flavoring. It's just better. But I would not use it as a chicken buoleon, if that makes sense.
Speaker 8: For hot chips and chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, it's French fries, you know what I have. I'll bring some in because Kevin, my husband, likes it on. He'll put sprinkle it on potato chips.
Speaker 9: Sure.
Speaker 8: Uh, number but I think they call it. They don't call them French fries.
Speaker 3: Number four. This was kind of tough. It was a toss up, but I went with lot keys almost like a hash brown, kind of like a potato pancake. They're just delicious, and I've made them at home, but they're not as good at home. You got to get them from a restaurant and uh fried up. They're extremely fried. They're so crispy and golden and on che and delicious. I don't pass on them if I ever get the opportunity to eat them. Number three a twice baked potato, the twice baked and I'll make these at home quite often.
Speaker 7: I just feel like twice baked potatoes it's like crab, like there's so much work to make them, and it's you still taste like a regular potato, Like there's not that much change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you bake your potato and then you know, take out that filling, whip it up, and then throw them back in the potato. Oh an extra cheese on top, Oh so good.
Speaker 2: But when you have a baked potato, you cut it. Usually you mash it around, add all that stuff.
Speaker 8: To me, it's the same thing, right.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know that extra bake because it's crispy on top.
Speaker 8: It just.
Speaker 3: Number two on my list. Mashed potatoes. And you can church up mashed potatoes garlic cheese anyway. Really, Yeah, you just can't go wrong with mashed potatoes. Put some gravy in there. Mashed potatoes are just a staple.
Speaker 2: Gravy.
Speaker 3: Mashed potatoes and gravy.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 7: We were talking about mixing and then you said gravy and I was like, you put gravy in your.
Speaker 2: Mash patos and top?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, or brown. Uh, gravy.
Speaker 3: Wise, I do like chicken gravy.
Speaker 8: But not shocking.
Speaker 3: But yeah, saltier jar, no packet, No, I've never made it from a jar or packet. I make my own.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you need chicken drippings, yeah, or broth.
Speaker 3: Number one on my list though, is, of course you already know, baked potato. I'll eat it in one hundred degree weather, it doesn't matter. I'll love me a baked potato.
Speaker 8: I mean, aside for being baked a second time, what's.
Speaker 3: The diff I mean, it's just it's an easy go too. I mean you can you can just grab a potato and put it in the microwave, and it is a quick, easy meal if you're not that hungry and you just need something a quick easy carb side salad and a baked potato person quick meal.
Speaker 2: Aside from baking at a second time, what's the difference between a regular baked potato, That's what the argument I was making, and a twice baked potato.
Speaker 3: Well, a baked potato, A baked potato is a lot less time consumed because it once. Yeah, it is true, it is true, And a lot of restaurants don't offer a twice baked, just that baked potato.
Speaker 8: They must be really good, then the restaurants won't do it.
Speaker 7: Top list, we're doing the top five ways to cook a potato.
Speaker 2: The most versatile vegetable out there can be what you got. I'm a pretty simple guy. I didn't really do a lot of research on it. Different ways you can make a potato, because why I like the potatoes the way I like my potatoes, Sue. I went off the top of my head and coming into number five is baked. I don't really do a lot of bake potatoes unless I go out and get a steak, and then sometimes, unless I'm really drunk, I'll get a loss potatoes. But most of the time it's a load of baked potato all day, every day. Cheese and bacon, sour green butter, lots of butter. Butter makes potatoes better. So number five, Number four souped souped. I like a good potato soup. Okay, you can't go wrong. My mama used to make a real good potato soup. I think that was the last time I had some homemade. Why I've gotten, you.
Speaker 7: Know, like progress, so you know from the store, it's not the same. No it's not the same, but homemade potat soup is super easy. The trick is, don't buy a potato. You buy cubed hash browns, okay, and then you put that in it. I'm not saying it's better. I'm saying it's a quick way to do it.
Speaker 8: That's fair.
Speaker 2: And then you take half of it out and put it in a blender and then put it back in.
Speaker 8: It's so good.
Speaker 2: You just can't go wrong with potato soup. On a cold day, you could just off cold day.
Speaker 8: Potato soup is delicious as long as you don't put in a bread bowl.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of dishes you can eat, but you can't really you can eat the bread bowl.
Speaker 8: No, it gets really soggy and weird. It doesn't hold up. Timing is an issue. See, you don't like soggy foods. I don't mind. I don't mind.
Speaker 2: Like what the taco salad, taco bowls, you know, fried tortilla, I'm all about it.
Speaker 8: I am all about dishes you can eat. It really cuts down alright.
Speaker 2: So number three for me and the best ways to cook a potato salad, king I like potato salad oh much. Is a potato dish.
Speaker 8: Everybody makes it different too, and that's the fun part.
Speaker 2: Potato salad is kind of like the bloody Mary of a potatoka. Everybody makes some difference. You have real basic, standard recipes, and then some people get really complicated about it. You can go to this grocery store in five find at least five different kinds of potato salad, you know, I know, just at the Walmart. You got you got, you got original mustard, devil egged, you have amish, you have the redtato salad, which that one's an interesting I like it and in bits and pieces, you know, because sometimes it's like.
Speaker 8: That that deal.
Speaker 2: I think it's dill that's in it or whatever. You're like, Okay, I got that little too much, so I eat that sparingly. But regular old mustard tato salad, hook it. Have you ever had baked potato potato salad?
Speaker 8: I don't think I've ever had baked potato potato salad, So.
Speaker 7: Really the only difference is is that you use whatever ingredients you would put in a baked potato in the salad. So it's sour cream based, and then there's cheese, there's bacon, there's little green onions.
Speaker 8: It's so good. Okay, it's a.
Speaker 2: Little rustic sized potatoes, right, so they're cut kind of big. Oh my gosh, so good.
Speaker 8: O car Number two.
Speaker 2: Favorite way to cook a potato fried And I'm not talking French fries. I'm not talking hash browns. I'm talking taking that big, old giant turret of potato, slicing it up, throwing it in a cast iron skillet with about maybe half a cup of oil in there, and just frying it and letting it sit. And the best part is you let it sit for a while so the underneath it gets real crispy, right, and then you finally flip over. If you flip over too early, you're gonna end up they get mushy, and then you just got potato moush. But you let them sit there for a while and really fry up. You take that out, drain some the grease off of it, loaded up with catch up, maybe some some chilula or some franks or something like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fried taters, fried taters and sausage. That was a staple in my house growing up, because that's good poor people food right there.
Speaker 8: Man, You guys can afford sausage. We got potatoes and eggs. Yeah, eat either one is good.
Speaker 2: You get that that Polska killed basa Polish sausage, He'll yeah, And then you throw it in there and you get let that get extra crispy. The only thing that I don't like about it is sometimes the grease gets to me and I'm like, I feel ill. You know, my stomach kind of turns a little bit because of so much grease. But o god, it fitting some seasoned something there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Number one way for me eat a potato. Cook potato mashed, mashed. I eat mashed potatoes at least four to five times a week, I believe every week every week. And uh, you know I use for me personally, it's it's it's the instant potatoes, the little packages that you get at the grocery store. I'm not opposed to cutting. It's like, you know, uh, you got to peel them. I hated peeling potatoes as a kid. That was my job when it comes to dinner time, right, go peel some potatoes. And I'm sitting down with the five pounds sack of potators just launching peels into the trash can. And sometimes because my little hand, I can't get a good grip on the potato. It would fall into the trash can. I would never pull it out, though I know what you're thinking, wash a dog, don't you.
Speaker 7: There's a couple of things from our our childhoods that I don't understand. One is how long it took to cook the Thanksgiving turkey. I don't know why it had to be started at like through two am or three am. Right, I've never done that in the history of me making turkeys. That's never been an issue. And Two, I've never peeled a giant bag of potatoes since I've been an adult. There's bitten, no need to do that. So I don't know why we did that as kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because our parents were staunch against instant mashed potatoes.
Speaker 8: Now, those aren't realotatoes, at least mine were. Anyway.
Speaker 7: Even the time I've made potatoes without using the instant, I bouy like.
Speaker 8: Two potatoes and do it. That's it.
Speaker 2: I don't need a bag of potatoes.
Speaker 8: To do it.
Speaker 2: But I remember as a kid like you getting a bag and peeling a whole bag of potatoes.
Speaker 8: You have feeding the goddamn army. Yes, yeah, but you can mashed potatoes are great. Man, the more butter, the better mo butter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like the Allians as they said, you could put some cheese on there, some sour green you know, bacon bits.
Speaker 8: Just playing Jane is alright with me. I do love me some mashtaters.
Speaker 2: Doing our top five list, and today it's the top five ways to cook a potato. Number five for me is potato pancakes. You use leftover mashed potatoes. You can make a little potato pay potato pancake, have some eggs with it or whatever. Pretty good you can do like with the mashed potatoes. And then you put in shredded hash browns and do that. Delicious, right, love them? Number four, number oh number fournoki. Okaynoch's delicious, get it crispy, cover it with some maybe some butter.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, yeahnki that's number four. Number three, Oh grotten, oh groten. Potatoes are so good. I don't care if those are potatoes in that box dehydrated, I don't care. They are so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I love it with like a protein and then you take it and like clean up the cheese that's on the plate or I gotta let it stay in the oven a little long.
Speaker 8: I need to get the outside, to get a little crispy and brown. Yes, so good. That is number three.
Speaker 2: Number two fries, poutine, cheese covered, I don't care. Somebody text in and said crinkle cut fries. Somebody text and said, thick cut fries our garbage. Fight me.
Speaker 7: Well, you you don't like French fries. Then to like French fries is to like all of them. Go to Gates Barbecue they do the steak fries, the thick ones, and to get it and then dip it in the Gate sauce while you're eating. Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes, going to Brams getting the crinkle cut getting their mustard that they have to give you from behind the counter.
Speaker 8: So good. Yes, get that in your shake. Why ruin it?
Speaker 7: Number one for me on the top ways to cook potatoes is potato chips. Potato chips are so good. When she was talking about her grandma, I love potato chips. I love lez potato chips. I love crinkle the wavy potato chips. I love salt and pepper potato chips. I love salt and vinegar potato chips. That's pretty much it. I like a potato chip. Those are the only two flavors I like. Everything else is garbage to me, because now we're covering up. Now we're just eating season eat with a potato occasionally. So that's for men. Some tax coming in potato soup with sour kraut. I've a distinct memory of having this as a kid, and I can smell it right now and I might vomit.
Speaker 8: Sour c isn't it.
Speaker 7: And it permeates the house. Try Sos on fried potatoes instead of toast. That sounds delicious.
Speaker 12: It's so good.
Speaker 3: That's a staple.
Speaker 8: I'm doing that for me. But I always thought Sos had mashed potatoes with bread.
Speaker 2: No, it was just gravy and meat, usually like ground beef or some least. That's how it was growing up for me.
Speaker 3: For us, corn beef, it's corn beef and gravy.
Speaker 2: Over to corn. You ruin corn beef with gravy, cornby hash, you get like getting a can.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, it's very thick, actual corn beef. Huh, corn beef is delicious. I just can't imagine covering it with something. Uh, throw a potato in tinfoil, throw it straight into the campfire.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 7: You can buy pre made twice baked potatoes at Siggi's. You take them home, bake them a second time.
Speaker 8: They're excellent. We're not baking them a second time. You have to bake them right. Uh, Gimby, you gotta make the dill pickle potato salad. I'm good on that.
Speaker 7: Foil wrapped campfire baked potato number five, Number four campfire Dutch oven fried potatoes. Number three tater tots. I'm more of a Krispy Crown guy than a tato tote.
Speaker 8: Like the ones. Yeah, like you get it? Like Sonics breakfast, Yes, okay.
Speaker 7: Number two waffle fries, good waffle. I like good Crispy waffle fries.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 7: And number one loaded mashed redskin potatoes. Twice baked potatoes are so good. After baking potatoes, cut in half, scoop out the filling and mix it with your sour cream, bacon, cheese, chives, and then put it back in the oven, cover with cheese and bake again. Here's the problem, the amount of by the time that if we had a if we sat down, I made a regular baked potato, you made a twice baked potato. I could do all those things and be done with my baked potato by the time your twice baked potatoes done. Mm hmm uh Top five dishes, Pirogi's I'm spreads.
Speaker 3: You didn't say I thought of that too, good choice?
Speaker 7: Uh noki, Yeah, baked sweet potato. Listen, we've been taking sweet potatoes lately by get.
Speaker 2: A full one, cut it in half, oil it, put it face down on a sheet pan, and then bake in the oven for like forty five minutes and then the bottom of it gets caramelized and crispy. So good playing on grill and hamburgers later. And I've got waffle cut sweettatoes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well those are fries.
Speaker 3: But yeah, are scalptatoes like scalloped scalp? It says scalp scalop.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you take the head off of it, just the top.
Speaker 3: Is that like all garotten different?
Speaker 7: Well, there is something called scalloped potatoes, but I think that's I think that might be different.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe it's the same French fries from water Burger with ketchup. Someone else going. I wasn't hungry until we did this segment. Yeah, yeah, yeah, By the way, one that gets an honorable mention.
Speaker 2: Is the potato swirls you get at the fair. Oh yeah, well they take a full potato and put it to the drill.
Speaker 8: And yes, oh my gosh. Yeah. See you all were questioning our what we're doing here and how dumb we are.
Speaker 7: Even Gimpy looked at me a little weird yesterday and it's a deep bench.
Speaker 8: We'll take a break and we'll be studio right now.
Speaker 7: Is our friends from Smoking Guns, Dustin Fletcher and Daniel Twister in the studio and got Frider will reduce them in a minute.
Speaker 8: Hey Dustin, how are you man? Doing good? Good to be back. Week of congratulations.
Speaker 2: We're in the sunsetting phase of promoting this and you are are This is when it starts.
Speaker 7: It's getting really exciting now. The fighters are getting nervous. They anticipation's growing. And you guys just wrapped up your blood drive. Another successful blood drive with a longtime partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, myers hurt during Harley Davison went out there and had a lot of good people show up, got their pitchers with the belt and we definitely thank you guys for showing up and helping on that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's you're already doing something to raise money for two great organizations for they don't know, those that don't know. Smoking Guns is a boxing mma kickboxing event between firefighters and police officers all to raise money for the Special Olympics of Oklahoma and the Oklahoma Firefighters Burn Camp.
Speaker 2: It's and it's eleventh year and each year it gets better and better and better.
Speaker 7: The better fighters, better entertainment, just a great experience to see raised money. But then on top of that, you guys are raising more money for a different event with the blood drive. That's just how important it is being a part of the community is for you guys, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, we're always you know, it's very less just to help anybody out that comes to us. I mean we like partnering with people and trying to do things. I mean, that's what this organization is all about, is just you know, giving back to the community and doing something for kids that go through difficulties.
Speaker 8: But we give them opportunity to you know, team up with some.
Speaker 1: Great firefighters at the burn Camp and go out there and you know, build a lot of confidence in them. And then with the Special Olympics kids athletes, they get the opportunities to go to the greatest events around here in the state and team up with some cops as well.
Speaker 7: You mentioned a special announcement you might have last time you were here, and if I remember correctly, it has come out.
Speaker 8: So what was the special announcement? Twist, drum roll.
Speaker 1: Now, we're proud of announced that we've got MMA legend Frank Shamrock coming to this event. We've been in talks with him and he is coming to do commentary on our live stream and doing me doing ring interviews with the fires when they get done with the winners, and so yeah, this was a huge, big breakthrough for our event. You know, this thing just continues to grow, and so our appreciation to Frank Shamrock willing to do this and come all the way up from California still be a big thing for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's great at that and a big proponent of any type of MMA or boxing events.
Speaker 8: So he's going to be great. Definitely upgrade from what you've had in the past.
Speaker 2: And twist, we've got the fights are starting to come out some great You brought a fighter with you.
Speaker 8: I'm excited to talk to her. Tell me about the fights that we can look forward to and who you brought with you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So we have currently eleven fights on the card right and changes hour by hour. But pretty excited about this card altogether. When I'm thinking about putting this card together and the order, it's not your classic worst to best kind of thing. I think about as an entire show and they come out with, you know, bangers in the front, in the middle, and all the way at the end. So I have Tavianna Davis with Tulsa Fire Department. She's coming in. She's going to be our first female about on the card.
Speaker 2: So stepping the tone, it's nice to meet you, that's nice to me eat too.
Speaker 8: Now have you ever thrown hands in this manner?
Speaker 5: I've thrown hands, but not in this manner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what made you? What drove you to want to be a part of this?
Speaker 5: So I have not let me see. The last fight I've seen was.
Speaker 10: Danna Johnson and I'm pretty good friends with her, And I'm like, you know what, we don't have a toss of a female firefighter that's representing or that has within them.
Speaker 2: What maybe less It's been a while a while, so I'm like.
Speaker 10: Why not nobody else wants to do it or stepping up.
Speaker 5: So yeah, overcoming fear and here I am right.
Speaker 7: And we were talking about this last time you guys were here. But you guys are used to high stress moments, so the idea of being in there, it's stressful, of course, just a different type of stress.
Speaker 8: But you guys manage it so well. How are you feeling leading up to the fight.
Speaker 5: I'm not even gonna lie.
Speaker 10: Yesterday the anxiety kicked in, adrenaline, all the above, but stay the lease, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And are you doing boxing or MMA or what's your plan?
Speaker 8: Okay? And how's that been with training?
Speaker 5: Train it? I'm not even gonna speak too much about it. I got it, but you know that I'm ready.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's one of the bigger surprises for people that have never done it, is once you put gloves on, and how different it is just moving your hands and hitting targets and how different it is. Yeah, it's it's it's got to be interesting to go from situations where there's no rules too now.
Speaker 2: There's rules, like there's a special way to do it.
Speaker 8: How's that journey been for you?
Speaker 10: Yah's coming from street fight and now I've got like, all right, no, this time it's skills.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so not necessarily like all right, fight or flight or whatever, like, no, you really got to protect yourself.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, there's Yeah, it's a long process. It's not just that one punch you're trying to go for and some people get bit by the bug. And do you think you'll continue this afterwards the training part process?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm gonna continue he shait I am. Yeah, I'm not just representing like the boxing or the fighting.
Speaker 5: We're like, no, this is bigger than that.
Speaker 7: You got to get folks at the station. They're like, put these gloves on and stand there for a minute.
Speaker 5: Done it.
Speaker 2: You love all of them equally, but I'm sure you got to have a favorite, and we put that one to the side and let the other ones come up.
Speaker 5: Right, come on, Katie?
Speaker 8: Yeah, And so for you when you are, you bringing family and everybody, and.
Speaker 10: He is coming, A lot of friends are coming that I didn't even know of. We got shirts and I had no clue about intil.
Speaker 1: I was like.
Speaker 5: Sure, so I was like, let's go.
Speaker 8: Do you have a nickname?
Speaker 10: So when we were trying to figure out nicknames and I was like I don't know. That was like tabby to a tornado at the station. I'm like, no, that's not it. Tabby, I'm like, no, that's not it.
Speaker 5: So I asked my daughter.
Speaker 10: She's ten years old and born and raised on the North Side. She was like, Mama, north Side knock out.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, that's right.
Speaker 2: Kids have the best idea. That's right, that's awesome.
Speaker 8: We can't wait to see a fight. That's going to be awesome.
Speaker 7: Thank you for coming up and just going out there and doing this to raise money for two great organizations. Firefighter already speaks to your character, but this obviously speaks to your character even more so.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much for coming out and doing all that you do.
Speaker 2: Twist.
Speaker 7: We've got fighters coming in from all over the the country too, right, yeah, the world?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, I mean we have Kansas representing, we have Texas representing, plenty from Oklahoma. I hope I'm not messing any.
Speaker 7: No, Listen, we've anybody who's ever done an event like this. The week of is chaotic, yes, and so you're just hoping guys stay healthy, girls, stay healthy. Everybody's ready to go on Saturday, and none of this would be possible without the sponsors, right Dustin.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know you're speaking about this.
Speaker 1: Like last night, we got a call from the Athletic Commission and you know, we do have a fighter that's over forty years old.
Speaker 8: I think it's forty right at forty.
Speaker 1: Anyways, you know that they have to go through all the tests and everything with the Athletic Commission. Get a phone call at like nine thirty last night like hey, this guy's gotta get a stress test, you know, just protocols. I'm just like, okay, we'll we're looking at twelve hundred dollars. Okay, Well, we've got great sponsors that you know, step up for these reasons to help to put this event on, you know, because stuff. You know, these guys have been training for so long, so yeah, quick trip number one. I mean, they help bring this thing and elevate it to the success that we are. But to all our other sponsors, I mean there's so many of them, and we've got we've got one hundred and one floor tables on there and uh but uh, that is one thing that makes this event go is that everybody is teaming up.
Speaker 8: And we just thank you guys so much for helping us.
Speaker 7: Not only the sponsors and how important they are and because they play a pivotal role to take care of some of the things like, uh, getting the infrastructure set up to even put this event on, whether it be the Commission or something else, but the fans showing up is an important part to make sure we can give as much money as we can to the firefighters, burn camp or the Special Olympics of Oklahoma, right correct, Yeah, you know, and with with with that being said, you know, of course the tickets, you know, you get them on be Okay.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, ticketmaster dot com. Uh, but you know right now what.
Speaker 1: It's that is Thursday, so you still got Friday and Saturday. I mean, go down to be Okay the box office. Just get them right there, because the day of the event you show up, I mean there's gonna be a long line.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The doors open up at six, so you know, gets you got plenty of time right now. But yeah, all that just helps, you know, for us to give back to these charities and help let them do the things that they need to do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we bring people with us to sit at our table. We've had listeners come to the vent and unequivocally every time, people are like, what an amazing event? It's so entertaining, it's so electric. It's just a great time. And if you go, you will not be disappointed. And you're supporting some two great causes and two great organizations that are stewards of our community.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We always love the feedback, you know, peoples come up. I mean every year it's like, man, this was the best fight ever. Well, I was like, you said that last year or the year before. Yeah, So, you know, congrats to Daniel twist Man. He has poured his heart and soul since we left, you know, Smoking Guns ten last year in April, he has been working on this car.
Speaker 8: So congratulations, brother. You don't know, I'll standing job. I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Well, congratulations guys, another great year in the books. We'll see you Saturday.
Speaker 2: We can't wait to see you fight.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be an awesome moment when that door shuts and you're looking across and you get to go, I get to hurt this individual and it's okay, I'm allowed to do this.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 7: Smoking Guns eleven Bok Center Saturday. Get your tickets over at the Bok Center website or go to the door the night of we're gonna take a break and we'll be back.
Speaker 8: The big Man Morning Show returns next