Speaker 1: So uh here we go.
Speaker 2: Remember what George Michael said when he crashed into that tree.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. I remember this. Wam wham went at the win. I'll show you're gone ruing it except supposed to be pursuing it. Tumbled out Shaw shaking through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at the Eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house A go. That is how we're starting kicking cratty.
Speaker 2: Show that up multiply like a rabbit, t in so out, creak it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 1: I hang out with my friend rocking on the radio.
Speaker 2: My boys ga.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio. It's time to do this spons again, all bababy, we know KT Christine Skin.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 1: Happy Thursday, everybody.
Speaker 2: It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for tuning in and making us a part of your daily routine. Got a fun show for you planned today. All hands on deck on Ben Rodgers joined by Jeff skin Wade, Kevin KT Turner, Christina k Ray, a little bit cornbread Ray and Riley is in the house as well. We got a full Yeah, we got an intern in the house. We're hanging out, unpaid intern. Don't shoot at her all right, Okay, no matter what, don't do that. Uh, this is gonna be awesome though. We're gonna have a great show. I just want to dive right in. Yesterday we had a very special extravaganza. We were live from the American Airline Center. We we had our draft coverage, the MAVs draft draft, Cooper flag number one overall, and then we simulcasted three hours of the MAVs television broadcast, which featured Jeff skin Wade, Mark Followell, and Teddy Emrick and then all sorts of guests. And I want to say, I thought that was one of the most ambitious television productions and simulcast events in DFW sports history.
Speaker 1: And here's here's why.
Speaker 2: Because it's for all these different platforms, which was crazy. It was live on the Eagle, it was live on television, it was streamed everywhere. But it was also a live performance for a stadium. Yeah you know what I mean. And so you are you're entertaining eight to twelve thousand people at a state and do you know how many people are there? I think there was five five. That was the estimate. Brad Townshend had, Hey, I think he's hating. I think it was definitely twenty thousand packed. No, but it was, you know, a live show for all of those people, but also live across all these mediums and with all of these different guests.
Speaker 1: And I left.
Speaker 2: I was going to try to get home, so I could, you know, driving from the AAC back home to the Prosperous line of border, it's about fifty minutes or now, dude, And so I wanted to get back there to be able to watch the Cooper flag pick to see the video. So I listened to a full hour of that, and man, I thought it was great. Mark Orcguire is one of my favorite old time players in the history of DFW sports kind of has not been really connected with the organization. It's kind of like Wan Gonzalez and the Rangers a little bit or something like that, and the comparison something odd there. I didn't know what it was, but for him to be invited to be a part of that, he was openly sobbing and loving the adulation he was getting from Dallas fans. It's a very unique situation to be sitting next to a man that you're interviewing in front of five thousand people, who is crying because you do not know what to do. Yeah, you know, and my wife makes fun of me because you know I cry all the time anyways, And so I was tell him, I just go. So you were crying, right, and I was like, I was thinking about it. I was considering it. There is a tear welling up, but you don't know what to do because you know there's an emotional moment and you don't want to talk on top of it, but you also want to like kind of, I don't know, can I help this person? When I was proud of you, dude, I thought you were very supportive because I would have been paralyzed by the moment and wouldn't have even spoken, and you were like supportive of him. You were like, dude, no, dude, let it out. I can't remember exactly how you worded it, but to me, it was like you were there supporting him, also not getting in the way of the thing and keeping everyone up to date that was listening on the radio or whatever that this is ongoing. I thought it was really well done. It's the other thing too, that I didn't know until I saw him walking out. He's got some sort of health issue that's happened in the last six months, and so he struggled to get up the stairs and so then I was like, oh, and then to get out of his chair. He was struggling to get out of his chair when this set was over. So I reached out to see if he wanted me to help him up, and he didn't. And then I realized that was a great idea because he's a big man. He just would have pulled me right back chair. I'm a little scrawny guy. God. So but it was what, like, how did he get detached from the organization and how did he get pulled back in?
Speaker 1: And what was that like?
Speaker 2: From what I understand, I mean, I'm not sure exactly whose idea it was. It might have even been Mike Marshall's. But the idea of the night, and that's why you had a video from Troy Aikman. They had this whole you know, that's why Paige Becker's came out. The idea of the night is we haven't had a number one pick since Mark Aguire in nineteen eighty one, so let's see if we can get Mark Aguire back into the mix, and you know, Harp is kept up with him, and in fact, you remember me and Harp and Maguire did a podcast in twenty twenty one talking about all that.
Speaker 1: And Harp is.
Speaker 2: One who has been big on Mark was the best player you know I've ever played with. Mark need to have his number retired and so, but there's other people in the organization that a Cuban never felt that way. Cuban didn't want his number retired. I didn't want his number retired until Harp told me I was wrong, and.
Speaker 1: I told you're wrong. Heah, it didn't impact you.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, And even Randy Galloway was like, I was too hard on Aguire, you know. And so you know what happened was Aguire forced his way out of here he was at and John McLeod, who was coach at the time, publicly said, you know, we need to get rid of Mark's attitude. Yeah, I'm paraphrasing. And so he went to Detroit to go play with his best friend Isaiah Thomas and win rings. While we got Adrian Dantley who was washed up and didn't even report like we traded for a washed up player. We traded our best player for a washed up player that didn't want to be here. It took a week to show up like it sucked, and it was the beginning of the end. So that happened in eighty eight, and then a year and a half later, the Mavericks were the worst franchise in the NBA for a decade. So it's not just the Aguire trade, but it's all the horrible moves they made, and that was they went from Game seven of the Western Conference Finals to the worst team in the NBA. The thing about last night that I saw, and I saw this on social media. I don't know if this is because of you guys with your broadcast, and if it was, it might have been in part you might have made this happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But seeing Dirk send a video on behalf of the MAVs to Cooper Flag was.
Speaker 1: Powerful and meaningful to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, because I don't know where that relationship is right now. Yeah, you know, And but Dirk is loyal to MAVs fans more than anything, and this is his organization. Yeah, but Dirk shot a video for Cooper Flag, and I thought that was so classy.
Speaker 1: So awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think I think Dirk is going to be a huge Cooper Flag fan.
Speaker 1: That's his kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Dirk showed up and was all about his business, you know, And so you don't think he's going to connect with Cooper Flag, right, Yes, he's going to connect with Cooper Flag. But also, you know, people are making a lot of this about this, and they want Dirk to be out there and you know, doing this that Dirk has focused on his next career working for Amazon. Dirk is spending his time. I'm getting ready to go kick ass at that. That's his focus, right, And so I you know, Dirk has said it. He's an MFFL for life. He loves MAVs fans, his statues out there, he's he's not gonna turn his.
Speaker 1: Back on this organization.
Speaker 2: Man. I stopped by. I spent some time at the statue last night. It is so incredible.
Speaker 1: It's did you glow?
Speaker 2: It is, man, It's and it says loyalty never fades, and it is so damn good. So of course, of course Dirk's not ever going anywhere.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We are off and running today Thursday, June twenty sixth coming up in just over three minutes. We're gonna have where, we're gonna have things. Skin Weight is tracking where you gonna take us? All Right, I'm for once am going to talk to about a documentary and tell you not to watch it