Speaker 1: It's another go round of sd H A M. John Nelson here with you, and it's gonna be the standard amount of stuff that we talk about here on a Reaction Monday. Abe Gordon ninety two nine in the game is going to be joining us here in just a sec and we will go over what's on Abe's mind as we get ready for everything here on a Monday. Will go over your thoughts when it comes to it. Landy knighted in the one one draw with FC Dallas, and we will have in the show, will have your highlights and have a conversation that a little bit of a conversation that Jason had with Tristan William Bay after the match from the full time report at ninety two nine in the game and the Odyssey app Then we will also catch you up on everything else that's gone on this morning. Bart Keeler is going to join us at ten o'clock. It was a USWNT taking on Brazil at so far, so we'll get into that and we'll get into a cards and calls as well, and there were there's one call I'm sure that a lot of folks are probably gonna want to talk about from the Atlanta United and FC Dallas match where a lot of folks I think that Landy United didn't get three points because of us our two more points anyway, because of a certain call that was made in the match up late late late, later than late. And so we'll get into that, get into anything else that's on Bart's mind when it comes to the WNT and cards and calls and rapping down here and also in our number two. Our number two is let's just put it this way. It's gonna be it's gonna be interesting on a on a level, I don't think that we've had here on the Morning Show. And the reason that I say that is that thanks to all of you a yesterday that went up to the fraction to fight the rain and fight all the nonsense and just all of the with Atlanta Unity two and Inner Miami CF two that was supposed to happen at noon because at seven point thirty they were thinking that what has been happening pretty much ever since noon yesterday was going to have a window where they could get the match in, and they so it wasn't going to happen at night, so they move it to noon, and we were there at the fraction and it was me, Maddie and Jason and the diehards that were there, and obviously, you know folks like Chloe Spraggling Communications for Atlanta United too. Jarrett was there as well for a while. And then you got to twenty four oh nine on the clock and you heard thunder and lightning, and when the ar comes out onto the field, you're like, okay, so we're stopping. Four hours and nineteen minutes later, we finally did stop. And so now the match with the twos and Inner Miami CF two so Messi and Friends too. That kicks back in at eleven o'clock this morning on the network. So Maddie and Jason are making their way down to Mercedes Benz. They're going to have the rest of the match available for you at soccerdown Heere dot mixler dot com and also on the Mixler app. So when this is over, go over to our Mixler channel and listen to the remainder of the match at Mercedes Benz Stadium with Jason and Maddie and the cast a thousands that might be coming through the door there. So got to twenty four oh nine clock stopped, So to the world, at least inside the fifth third Stadium on the campus of Kennesaw State. So the match will pick up at eleven o'clock on the network over at our Mixler channel Soccer down Here dot Mixler dot com or on the Mixler app and follow Soccer down here and SDH two. But today on Soccer down Here on the number one channel, it's going to be at Landy United too, and the rest of the match with Messi and Friends to starting at eleven o'clock, so we might in the show a little early just because of having to be ready for that and the halftime elements and keeping an eye out for all that stuff. So that's the day right now. Tonight, whether permitting, I will be at Coholla Creek for Fort Payne and Coholla Creek on the girls side, it's just the one. Match's supposed to be at six o'clock. But once again, since we're in a floodwatch, we're keeping an eye on the skies. The Big fifty five is on the Weather channel and we're keeping an eye on all of that stuff. So that's where we are today. Our Number one is at Lanty and I and it is Abe Gordon coming up in just a little bit and I can figure out how to reconfigure all of the video and things that we've upload. We got highlights, we got posts with the Jason interest in Million Bop our number two plus your thoughts. Bart Keeler soccer for uspod talking about the women's national team, the return of Triple Espresso, Triple Trinity, Rodman, a couple of first timers getting caps. Avery Patterson a part of that as well. Lindsay heaps from the spot two nil one over Brazil. We'll get into that and match one of two against Brazil, so we'll have that ready for you. And then once again when Maddie and Jason parachute in. They're parachuting in, so we'll talk to them, talk to them about the twos, and then we'll have them get ready for the broadcast. I think they're coming on at like ten fifty, so you get a little bit of pregame when things kick back in at eleven o'clock for the match that starts back up at twenty four oh nine. So soccer down here dot mixler, dot com, Mixler app, follow soccer down here and follow SDH two soccer down here dot net. Go to the listen tab and then I think there's like a big red siren when we have things that are going live on either one or both network channels. So you can do that one of three ways. You can stay dry. You can listen to the match. It's behind closed doors, and so it's an opportunity for us to be able to broadcast the rest of the match for you as well on the audio side of things. That's the rundown for the morning. Like I said, the afternoon. The afternoon is the part that we're going to be paying attention to when it comes to all of this stuff and seeing if we can get the Kahala Creek for Pain match in once again six o'clock on the network, and I'll be up at Coaholla Creek weather permitting. Once again. We'll keep you posted on that. So and I know that Abby is in the twitch pitch and she was discussing the team and the time change and the amount of time that was in between the announcement of the time change and the match itself. And I know that has become an inconvenience for folks. Matt and for Abby says it's the second match out of three, So and I know that that is something that I imagine that they will look at going forward. But yeah, this one was I don't remember when it was switched, but obviously it was weather related, and I think it was the day before if I'm remember correctly, so seven thirty start. Then it was moved in noon. I think it was the day before. I think it was. I'm trying to remember when it was switched. But and so once again, like I said, we'll keep a eye on that stuff as we go. But once again ten fifty pregame show on the Mixler channel with Maddie and Jason. They're going to parachute in the hour number two and we'll discuss everything that's going on with their thank you having So obviously it's just you know, they're trying to you know, navigate as best they can and we'll see what happens. Hopefully we don't have to have any other future navigating when it comes to weather, all right. So, through the magic of tape, I am hopefully going to be properly giving us the Abe Gordon conversation without a train wreck and punching a bunch of buttons. So here's the conversation that we had on tape before we got on air this morning with Abe about the weekend, and we'll see what's going on with uh, you know, with Abe, unless, of course, come on, now, where is it? It's a no, I didn't add to the stream. Where is it? Come on that video storage? No, that is not the way this works. All right, well hang on, so maybe maybe I'll have to do it this way. Maybe I'll have to do it from over here. So all right, nothing like having two laptops, go and see could sit there and make your make your your marker as we go. So let's see what happens here. Let me see if I can push buttons and actually make something work. So we'll see what happens in pushing button and trying to make sure officially in a no Dillion and Dally zone this morning. It's a because Abe has to deal with like you know, paying gigs and traffic and rain and everything. So we are wasting no time in bringing abn off the top. So you're properly hydrated, you're ready to go and talk about what happened this past weekend. Now that you've had a day or so to kind of think about it, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, ideally you would have walked away with three points. And again it's becoming this and I still think it's early season, right, We're not to the middle portion, yet it has become an early season theme of performance matching with results. I thought you were the better side on Saturday night, and I think most of us probably thought that Atlanta United was the better side. But certainly, if you don't put away opportunity after opportunity, and you leave it as a one goal advantage, it can come back to bite you.
Speaker 3: And it did, and the.
Speaker 2: Players and the coaches address that head on and say, hey, I mean, the moral of the story for pretty much all of them is that they got to find a way to make teams pay when they're in dangerous positions. And they got there multiple times, and unfortunately only took home one goal. But they did take home one point, and that's better than we've seen in some of the other matches where we also thought Atlanta United outperformed their opponent and couldn't even get the one. So you run the three straight home games continues, and you'll look to make it. I mean, look, you wanted nine points out of three games. If you can find a way to win on Saturday, I think seven points out of three games is still something and you could start to build from there. And again, it'd be nice at some point if we can ever get the full first choice lineup for Ronnie Daila. Again, I think it's happened one time this season, and even that was based on choices he wanted to make in the midfield. But some good performances from some and unfortunately you do have to give some points away though well.
Speaker 1: And one of those folks that you and I got to the chance to listen to, and we'll play a little bit of his interview coming up in a sect with Jason is from Tristan william Baugh. And because you didn't have Alexi Miidnschu from the jump and have him for a full however many minutes he was available and it ended up being thirty at the end of the day because of the adductor injury. You know, Tristan had to do things a little differently and you got to see Tristan as a conductor and it was a full day for him across the board. I think five tackles I think by the end of the day defensively, but he was the one. He was the straw back on Saturday in a bit of a different role, and he seemed to relish that, and he's been relishing his time under Ronnie dialand so far.
Speaker 2: He's just been simply outstanding this year. And I just didn't see it coming. There were hopes, obviously when he first moved over with the club that this is what he could be, a mainstay in the midfield, a presence defensively who can also help build into the attack, and it really didn't happen that way. And last last season was incredibly difficult for him, incredibly frustrating I think mentally, I think physically, and he's just come back refreshed this season. And I know he didn't start the first two matches, but since being given the opportunity, he's completely taken hold of it to the point where even though he was injured and had to miss a match, as soon as they were giving the green light, he's like, you gotta go back in the lineup, man, Like you're playing too well. And Saturday was another showcase of that. I just thought he's seen no one on the soccer field is literally everywhere, but the guy's defensive midfield can can kind of appear that way a little bit. It felt like when there was a Dallas break coming, he was the guy that'd either either forced the pass to slow it up or got in the way or sometimes even won the tackle. It felt like every time Dallas tried to clear from their own box, it only got as far as Moyamba and he was there to recycle and get it back in a play. It just felt like he was doing so many things and at such a high level, and the difference between what he's doing now and what he's doing and some of the frustrations from last season. You just haven't had that costly mistake game after game, and it may have only been one or two mistakes per game, but they were so costly a season ago.
Speaker 3: You're just not having that right now.
Speaker 2: He is playing at such a high level that you got guys on the bench like Jay Fortune, like Mattea's Click, like the youngster Will Riley just have no shot to see in the field right now because of what Moyamba is doing. And I think when you're able to stack Moyamba and then get Alexa Moronchuk back in ahead of him, it just sets you up so well well.
Speaker 3: To be able to control the middle of the field.
Speaker 2: Which is something at Landy United hasn't necessarily done since the departure of of course Darlington Magny.
Speaker 1: Seventy seven touches on the day, fifty eight to sixty four, passing at ninety one percent. He had the one key pass, two for three on his long balls. He had the one shot out target, one for one on the dribble when he engaged in play, seven of nine on his ground duels. As we say, and you continue to add those numbers offensively to what we saw defensively. You had the two picks and five total tackles to go with the fact that he was fouled once when he was in possession, so he's hitting on both sides. But the five total tackles and the two picks for me, for someone who you want to have engaged defensively as you mentioned, and then make sure that everything's going back the other way just as quickly, hitting all of these categories on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really was just a total performance.
Speaker 2: It may have been one of the best midfield performances in a drawl that that that we have seen. You know, I'm not the Encyclopedia of Atlanta United Individual efforts that I can go back game by game and talk about it, but it just really felt like he was controlling things. And that that's another reason why it was so frustrating to to allow one past goose.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, Stevean Gregorson makes an incredible uh slide to prevent a shot on target and and and the rebound just falls. But you just had so many good performances to only get one point out of it. That's what it's continually frustrating. But uh, it just it's getting to the point now with Moyamba where you're just kind of ron po peeling it. You're setting it and forgetting it right, and it's just you just you don't think about it right like he has. It was such a concern a season ago, like, oh boy, we're pressed into it, and now we have to use Moyamba.
Speaker 3: It's a total other conversation.
Speaker 2: It's like, I'm pumping that moyam Ba was back from injury and we're able to get him into the lineup. And that's just not something I thought I was going to be saying. At the start of the season. I was so excited about Mattaya's click and and just the performance and and also based on what you have on top of what your your needs defensively, your needs offensively, And there there will be times for him, there will be times for Fortune and Click as well, but he's just such a sturdy presence. He's developed a really nice partnership with Sleash as well, which which is another aspect that is probably understated a little bit. Their communication and their understanding of the spacing has has seemed very well as also.
Speaker 1: Now you mentioned that I want to go to the back line. I know that we talked about Matt Edwards and Dominic Chunk and the younger players jumping in because of the injury to Derek Williams and Pedro Amador. That meant that once again Matt was going to get the start at the left back, and then Lisa Brom got the nod at left center back. And Luis is literally the only way that I can I think I can accurately describe Louise is. Louise is the guy that's gonna grab his lunch Paal, He's gonna grab his hard hat, He's going to go to work. He's not gonna sit there and he's not gonna he's not gonna talk it up. I know, I got a job to do. I'm gonna go out there and do my job. I'm going to enjoy doing my job, and at the end of the day, you know, the results will speak for themselves. And it didn't hit me until looking at Louise's numbers once again how much of a silent partner he was in all of this. Four clearances, one block, two tackles, three of seven on his on his duels on the day, and he was sixty four touches fifty one to fifty six passing for a center back, and he had three long balls to add to that. So Luisa Brom came in and gave you what you were hoping for defensively in shutting down any kind of attack up the right hand side that would involve, for the most part, Luco Acosta, who's always been a trouble man, and Peter Musse except for that one instant.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, this is no surprise for LANDI United fans, and maybe people of other MLS teams are finally coming and understand. But Luisa Brom's a guy that's a national teamer. This is a guy that probably starts on like twenty one other MLS teams. He's just caught in a numbers game here, and it's outstanding that Atlanta United does have trusty, reliable center back depth. Not where you're bringing a guy in and you hope he gets the job done, but a guy that you put in there and you're confident will do the job, can pair with ste On and do what's necessary. I don't know if Landi and Iited fans really understand how lucky they are to have Louisa Bram who in an instant, in a moment, in a start, can can do the same job that the guys ahead of him are doing. And I know we obviously missed him in the the international break where he was gone and you dealt with some other guys out, But I think it's an incredible benefit to have that guy ready to roll on any given day because I just I just think he is a starter quality player that you have sitting on your bench, and not a lot of teams have that, certainly not at the center back position. A lot of teams really have to scramble when one of their backs are out, and Landy United not in that situation. I think Louis and Brom's a big reason why.
Speaker 1: Well, and you mentioned the depth and having the depth because of international windows and because of scheduled compression and because of multiple competitions, you need to have this depth. And when you're in regular season and you have depth from a national team guy, and then when you're in international windows because you have Mad Edwards and Dominic Chuck, it's all it's all of the pieces fitting together in this roster bill that you are looking for from Garth Logerway and Chris Henderson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Matt Edwards story is pretty wild.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously a beneficiary of Brooks Lennon's injury early in the season, taking a little bit longer to get him back than I would have thought. I thought Brooks was gonna be ready for day one when the injury occurred. I mean, when the initial timeline was set, I was like, all right, they'll make sure to lock his shoulder back into place and he'll be ready to go.
Speaker 3: Uh, he's got to wait a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Matt Edwards comes in and kind of learns the ropes a little bit, kind of gets accustomed to being a starter in the MLS. And now with Pedro's most recent injury, is pressed into duty. Uh and he performed well again and it's just another thing there you showcase and I've talked with you about this, John, and we talked both on this podcast or off air as well, just the ability of young guys. And we saw it with a roller will O Riley, We've seen it with Noah Cobb. But from the academies or the two's to just be able to jump right into it and not really be too big of a concern. I know we had a couple of issues with Don Chankui a week ago, some good, some bad. And by the way, congrats to him on the new homegrown contract. Get your money son. But it is just so impressive to see Matt Edwards in a variety of roles too. You you've looked at him as a center back, you looked at him as a right wing, now you look at him as a left wing. I think we can see him step up into the midfield if need be. Although we just talked about the midfield depth on its own right, I mean, I mean that guy is just ready for it and he performed I think quite admirably as well on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Any other elements of this stick out, I know that that in looking at the numbers, because Miggi hit a milestone. That was why I had voted him for Player of the match and second match in a row that Niggi is gotten on the scoreboard and having to play a little bit differently in his approach and positionally because of the injury to Alexi mdon Chukar, things had to be juggled around and it was almost like a four towo to two to two at times for to to yes four two two two at times in the attack. So I mean, you're looking at Mickey scoring for the second one in a row, and you're hoping that, even if it was from the penalty spot, you're hoping that that continues to unlock him and Latte a lot. Just seriously, I look at someone like Latte a lot and I'm just stunned at times at how quick he is and how fast he is and how much he can just destroy back lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, look, all's well up top, I think, And maybe we didn't get quite the performance that we had seen in recent weeks of Saba when he has been on the right, but I thought he also still looked dangerous. There's definitely still some miscommunications up top some balls that were thrown through the box and made it all their way through because there was a wrong read or a different run than expected, stuff like that. So that's still got to be worked out. I'll be honest, Sean, because I know we're running short on time here. We certainly can't leave this discussion without bringing forth and I can't believe it took us this long to get there. It also feels like the officiating took away some points. And you've watched it, I've watched it. I just don't see an angle where I thought Jamal Tiray fouls his man the late stages of this match, he's in on goal and it's got to be like eight out of nine or eight and a half out of ten times he's putting that away. I just don't see. I just don't see a foul there. And that's frustrating certainly. And I was sitting up there with Maddie and you came by as well, and it's just like, does this guy.
Speaker 3: Have his cards? Like did he leave them in the hotel?
Speaker 2: And he's just too ashamed to tell people because like he wasn't giving out cards and he eventually gave one to latte lot and it had to be given to fair report there. I mean, that was not a soccer foul. It was a frustration foul and it need to be handled. But it just let the game get out of handy. He let himself get duped multiple times. I just didn't understand it. It was one of the worst officiated games front to back. We'll talk about other games with bad officiating in key moments and I understand that, but this had that and just poor officiating through stretches of the match. And look, I'm sure Dallas fans can find an angle where they were on the wrong side of this thing. But it felt like there was a goal late stage to be had. It felt like it was taken away unfairly because of officiating, almost like in the NFL, where I would like to have seen that play on and then if you want to review it later and go back to it. I don't know if that's the literature and bylaws in how you can look back at things, but you know, sometimes if you're not sure about offsides, you let it play out right and then you'll come back and take a look. I just wish they had done that because from all of the video evidence we saw.
Speaker 3: I just didn't see enough for them to call a.
Speaker 2: Foul on Jamal if they had taken a look after it after he put it in the back of the net. Again, you don't leave a game up to an officiating decision, right, Lady United had chances to put this game away, make it a two goal, three goal lead. They didn't, and that came back to bite them. That's on them. But it didn't help that. One of the lasting images was Jamal Tierray one on one with a goalie and it gets stopped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so go fight traffic, go be live remoting and all that kind of stuff, and make sure that Chipper goes out one more time. As always been friend. Great to see you, we'll do it.
Speaker 2: Was nice to have the roop open on a Saturday, and a reminder that this next coming game it's a mattinee against New England, so she'll be exciting as they wrap up this three game homestand and look, like I said towards the start, seven points. If you can get seven out of a possible nine out of these three home games, that's not too shabby, no.
Speaker 1: Doubt about it. A Gordon ninety to nine in the game. He's out the door might help if I unnute, that'd say before we caught up with him going to other environs and things, and to Abe's point, and let me let me pull back the curtain a little bit. So we were doing the full time report, and it was one of those things where it was on my list to talk about, and I didn't know if we were going to be in a position to where we were going to be able to talk about it, and so the Fierro discussion was on my list. It was, It definitely was on my list, and so we ran out of time. Yeah, Abby, I'm an idiot. It's a Monday. So the whole Center ref discussion was one of those things where literally I had it on my sheet and it was driving me crazy in the idea of hopefully talking about it, but we ran out of time. And so the fact and to Abe's credit, and to Abe's point, the fact that we were talking about a lot of other things before we even got into the Fierro discussion, I think it bodes well to all the other factors that we're staring at here when it comes to what we're seeing with Atlanta United here. To this point, of the season. The fact that Atlanta United really should feel aggrieved over not getting two points two more points on a play late where and when Abe and I were talking about this independently, you could tell. I mean, the play in and of itself was was nothing. And in those instances, and like I said, when we bring Barty and I want to walk through it with bart as well, where you're I would let that play out. But then once the whistle happens, foul happens, and it goes back the other way. And forty three thousand folks are incredulous over a call. Well, I don't know how many Dallas fans of forty two thousand, So forty two thousand faint people incredulous over a call with a roof open. Then you have that to think about this weekend. And like I said, I think that two points were left on the table. But the fact that we are having this discussion and not like we were in seasons past and having it at the forefront and talking about game state and all this kind of stuff. The fact that we're talking about the team play first and foremost, and then as an aside or an epilogue discussing how suspect things were, especially on a call like that, And the point I was trying to make with about Abe was Abe was looking at the backwash of the play in and of itself and the fact that you had I think it was Shack Moore. I think it was Shack Moore and Irakide one of them goes down. I think it was Shack Moore that went down and the other center back that was there. Basically is you know, after the whistle and the foul is called, it's not like the other center back is over the player going yo, you know, fam, you all right? You know literally it was applauding for the foul getting called and helping the player up and everything's fine. It's not like, you know, it was a body checking. You're down and you're checking on your teammate and you're going your fam. Okay, No, it was fouls called's going back the other way. People are agreed and mad and then you end up with you know, okay, applause, you break, you know, your teammate up, teammates all happy and everything's fine. So you know, once again, good you know, good gamesmanship. Look, you got the call. But when bart is in in our number two. I do want to discuss with Bart the the art of calls and no calls and things like that, because and letting things play out and advantage and all these kinds of things. So what I wanted to, you know, what I wanted to just kind of leave on the table here is the idea of, Okay, fine, look, if you're going to be consistent in your calling, be consistent with your calls. If that means that you're not gonna you're not gonna give any cards, You're gonna let them you know, you're gonna let them go roller Derby, and it is what it is at the end of the day, then cool. If that's going to be the way that it's going to be. But if you're all over the place, if you're gonna call some things a certain way, then not then call them and you know, go one eighty and you know, have your speeds be different when you're navigating. That to me is a larger issue. So that that's kind of what I wanted to to get into with Bard in our number two, and we talked about cards and calls and refing down here and that kind of thing. It's just the the idea of consistency A and if you maintain consistency, I'm cool. Look, like I said, you're either gonna call everything or you're gonna call nothing. And if you're gonna be consistent about it, great that way, I know where I'm going. But if you're all over the place and you're calling an ish ton of fouls and then you have a moment like we had late in the match that ultimately decided, I'll go ahead and say this, if you extrapolated forward, I think it decided the match whether it was gonna be one point or three points one way or the other. So I have a defining moment like that happened late after what was or wasn't happened, depending on your perspective. I only got a sofa score real quick, and I said, I wasn't going down this rabbit hole. But I guess I am, uh okay. So then, like I said, we got highlights interest in million Bach coming up in a bit. So in this match with Dallas, I'm checking the number of fouls called. By the way, I'm just checking the foul numbers. And I love how SOFA score just kind of has a mind of its own. Okay, So look at the fouls called. Twenty eight fouls called, and I've got to look at Fierro and see where he is when it comes to his numbers and see if that is about average for him. And so, uh, let's see, So who was it that had all the uh pro see now see now because Pro's website used to have it, and I think it was no pro referee. I guess I should say MLS referee saw foul numbers. MLS referee foul numbers. All right, So I'm workshopping this already. Who scored? Okay, So it's who scored is the one that's got the all right. So no, I don't want twenty seventeen, I want twenty twenty five, all right? And ref stats okay, so refstats and we go to who scored? So we are looking up Ricardo Fieriro. Okay, So Fierro and who scored? That's right in his wheelhouse legitimately. Riccardo Fieriro is fifth in fouls per game average at twenty seven and a half, so that's right in there with him. So the fact that he called twenty eight, that's right on his yearly average at twenty seven point five one point two fouls per tackles do we haven't tackles? Yeah, okay, So twenty tackles twenty eight fouls, so that's a little under his numbers, So fouls per tackle it is, what's twenty over twenty eight, ten over fourteen to five of a seven point seventy three so point seven three as opposed to one point oh two penalties per game one quarter. So in the four matches he's called the one, the one penaltygue, three yellows per match he's called, so he's averaging three yellows a match with on average calling twenty seven and a half fouls, he's only giving three yellows. So that's his numbers so far this year. So he's somewhat consistent in his delivery so far this season and the one red card so far. But Ricardo Fieriro fifth and fouls per game average at twenty seven and a half. Well, like I said, he called twenty eight on Saturday, a little under his UH fouls per tackles average and well under the yellows per game average of three he had. He had eleven yellows in his three previous matches. One in the matchup with Atlanta Knight so who scored? Let me, let me go ahead and I will have this. Ladies and gentlemen, if you would please, if you would bookmark this, and that's where we'll go from now on to sit there and look up numbers for officials and averages and things like that. So who scored is where we can go. We'll send a Mendoza, by the way, second and fouls per game at thirty one point seventy five. We just haven't been blessed with Joe Dickerson yet this year. Who's at number three at thirty and a third, Guido Gonzalez Juniors at twenty eight point four, Ricardo Fierro twenty seven and a half, Philip Duyich twenty six point eight three, Lucas Sapala is tenth at twenty five point two, Sergey Boyko is eleventh at twenty five. Pennso's averaging twenty five, Demion Checks averaging twenty five. But yeah, Ricardo Fierro fifth coming through the weekend at twenty seven and a half fouls called per match. But we'll save the cards and calls and playing things out and even handedness and all that kind of stuff for Bart when he comes up here. In about twenty minutes. We'll also talk USWNT with Bart because we've got highlights where Brazil apparently was braziling Us one at two nil, and we'll go through all the talk involving that. Maddie and Jason said to join us in hour number two as well from Mercedes Been Stadium as the network gets ready for the continuation of the last sixty five minutes of a match that was delayed four hours of nineteen minutes yesterday after the first twenty four minutes were played. I mean you figured that enter Miami CF two. The Messine friends too, were not going to change their travel plans and so they were going to be leaving today anyway, Okay, when are you leaving, Well, we're leaving at this time. We I'll tell you what, why don't we do this? We can still play you think we can dial up a larger building for you. It's gonna be kind of an eerie atmosphere. It's going to like staffers and stuff and players and yelling. You might be able to hear coaches and strategy from the booth wherever they have Maddie and Dison set up. So we'll get into that in our number two. Okay, let's get into the highlights of the match, and let's hear from Tristan mulliam bas so. Obviously, early on Atlanta United was getting the pedal down early and getting themselves on the front foot. It was a great pass from Tristan mulliam Baugh that got things started with a lead to Latte Lot. He's taken down in the inside the eighteen, which means it's a penalty, which means it Mickey steps up and Miguel Alman from the spot. Here's Mike and Jason's call courtesy of ninety two nine in the game Major League Soccer in the Odyssey app I actually have to go.
Speaker 4: All to Orion Almarne against Pos. The girl standing to the right of the ball with hands on hips, he's up to it.
Speaker 1: He strikes it stop.
Speaker 4: Miguil Averone from the penalty Spotty scored and back to back matches for Atlanta United and they are up.
Speaker 1: That's where it was. It was one nil at the break, and then chancells were there for Atlanta United in the second in the first forty five trying to get that second the third goal. They just did not get the second or third goal. On the board and Tristan mulliam Bass said after the match, you know, if you don't you don't get the second one, you leave yourself in a position where they can come back. And that's what happened second half. Here's the goal with Peter Musa and once again courtesy of our friends ninety two nine in the game in the Odyssey app, Mike and Jason on the call.
Speaker 4: Cuzanne giving it away the shack war in the central channels, then back heeled to him by Ramiro. Players stumble crashing down the middle. It's Camungo to Acosta, back to Musa, shot block to point blank readbound back to him and he clanks at.
Speaker 1: Him, one to one, and that would be the the end of it all by the end of the day. So it's one one, your final points shared honors, even whatever cliches we'd like to use in that case. So one one at the end of ninety And if you listen to the full time report and you can do that on the off the Woodwork section in the podcasts over at ninety two nine in the game, and also you can set up your Odyssey app for off the Woodwork for anything that goes in from an off the woodwork perspective, it's one of those where you look at all the numbers, you look at all the effort, you look at the individual play, and then you look at the collective and you're sitting there and there's optimism that's attached. Yes, I know you only gain came out with one point. Yes, I know that you left opportunities on the table, but I think that the vibe is different a inside the locker room and be from what I've been able to gather for the most part from U seventeen's when it comes to this season, it's like it's coming together. The patience is developing, and the you know, Ronnie Dila once again is going to is going to if I could down to get my upper plate to work. Ronnie Dallad's going to continue to see the progression. He's going to continue to work things forward. He knows that they've done stuff, They've done some things, but there's a lot more that needs to be done to get to where they are to be the winning football team that he wants them to be. So after the match, Jason caught up with Tristan mullion Baugh and in the conversation that we had with Abe. Remember we got to discuss Tristan's day, which was all over the place as the conductor, and I mean that in a very good way, hitting a bunch of different categories. Tristan mullion Baugh had a day. Here's part of the conversation that he had with Jason after the match once again, Full time Report ninety two nine. In the game and the.
Speaker 5: Odyssey app Tristan is a game where it felt like different waves of momentum. You guys had it for a while, Dallas had it for a while. How did it feel out there to you?
Speaker 6: No, I think it's today tonight is we got a lot of frustation, a lot of frus session because I think we did a.
Speaker 1: Really good play.
Speaker 6: We we didn't consider a lot of chance and and we also we as well. We we we had a lot of chances to score the second, second one, and but you know how football is. When you you you don't score the second one, you still and the other teams still alive, You're still the vulnerable so you can concede. And that's what happened to the tonight. So we was really really disappointed. But like like like the coach say, is a part of the process. We we see a lot a lot of improvement from from the team, from from everyone, and I think now we we start to understand and and also show what's what the coach wants about about the team, and and we start we start to show our identity.
Speaker 5: So yeah, specifically the double pivot with you and Bartek to start and then you and Jay to finish. What does he want to see from you and that role playing both sides defensively and offensively.
Speaker 6: No, just to play to play simple, to to to be ready for any any duals, any challenge, and try to regain the ball, play forward, play simple. Try to also switch the swoog the player as well. That's that's our our task. So that's I think, like I say, we we did well, even when when Jay went in he understand understand the quicker, the the his task and yeah, but like we're still having a lot of frustration because I think.
Speaker 1: We did deserved a little bit more tonight. And I think that I guess, and that's why I wanted to play that first little bit from Tristan and the conversation that he had with Jason, because the players are understanding where Ronnie Dill and the coaching staff are coming from when it comes to demands and what they're looking for on the field, and it just comes with reps and game state and implementing it to continue to make it just as a natural feel going forward. So that that was a very telling first couple of minutes with a conversation that that Jason had with Tristan Mulliam Bob, and we went over the numbers that Tristan had in the match and like I said, he hit a bunch of different categories. He really did, and you're seeing him in this conductor role then, and Ronnie Dilad once again continues to say that he has been very very pleased with the growth that he has seen from Tristan Mulliam Bob. And it is a role where you're going to have to run a lot, and Tristan seems to be at home with this task and being available. Like I said, without Miggy scoring the goal, I think it is safe to say that Tristan would have had the highest rating with our friends at sofas score on the night. Miggy had a seven point six latte lot and Tristan had seven fours Seanday had a seven to two Bart and Luisa Bram had sevens. Everybody else was in the sixes. Saba had a six', Nine Matt edwards had a six point, Nine gregorson and six' five lennon a six. Point six brat a six. Point seven then you get into. The bench ronnie had a six. Point Seven jay fortune came in almost punched. A seven noah had a seven in only twenty. Three Minutes So noah cop comes in twenty, three minutes, one block twenty, five touches one incomplete or one pass that did not meet its, intended destination twenty three to twenty four passing in twenty, three minutes twenty five Touches For, noah cob four for four on his long balls on. The day, so literally if you look at those Numbers For, Noah Cop noah cob punched at seven in twenty, three minutes twenty, five touches twenty three twenty, four passing and four for four on his long balls with a block that came. In Late dan chu came In and jamal. Came in they Each had they each had north of six in twenty. Three minutes alexi had twenty Three minutes jamal had just a cup, of coffee sebbing In, for sava so Not Use Josh colin, Mitaea's Click luke Brennan will riley and the Injured were pedro who, Was out edwin who, Was Out derek williams who was out AND he i think it was a hamstring injury that he picked up at Practice. ON friday i THINK if I Remember doug robertson Of the ajac and his his, wording There So noah cop wants punch. To seven but if You pull miggie's goal off, the board just knowing what happened at the end of, The day Tristan and Latte a lot each had. SEVEN fours I think Latae a lot's number would have increased if it did not have the yellow card attached to it. As well so AND so i say go back to the Off the woodwork section at ninety two nine In the game Of the. Odyssey app Download the, odyssey app save Off the woodwork and then that way you can listen to full time reports. And such but he it was a great Conversation that jason Had with tristan after, the match and so very very Cool that tristan was as forthcoming as he Was when tristan seems to be adapting to what he's being asked, to do and so you're you're seeing the end results there when it comes to all, of That and abby to, Your, Point yeah martin pos. Guessed Correctly, but miggie we all Know what miggie can. Can do when he launches into a, soccer ball he can hit it with a very high rate. Of speed, BUT yeah i don't think. There was it was about as perfectly placed as you could get if you're going to go Low on, martin pause and you had a pause almost make, to say but he was a little high in his dive off to. His Right, so miggy as, a lefty, opened up went to, his left, pause's right got it, past pause and you end up WITH the Pk. For miggy miggy now is tied for second when it COMES to mls Goals For atlanta united with some Guy Named. Tiago amata so then some Guy named joseph who almost had four Yesterday For San jose and that's something else to, talk, about uh something to keep an. Eye ON and i Know that i'm, kind of, you know winding off of the road here for. A second but after what happened YESTERDAY Involving dc United In san Jose And brian duncith had made this that had made, this point he wanted to know where the leaders ARE For. Dc united and that's the biggest thing to look. At here where are the LEADERS For? Dc united after what happened yesterday where it should have been seven and it was only six six on the Board For san jose AGAINST D. C united what's the FUTURE In? DC united, i honestly legitimately Thought that Troi la scene was not going to make it to the tarmac. Last, Night. YEAH troil i Thought that Troy la sane was not going to make it to the tarmac. LAST night i thought that there might be some players, left Behind Or troyla sine would be. Left behind keeping EYE On. Dc united we were trying to sit there and look at hotspots in. HOT seats i don't know if the seat is hot for the players that are on that Roster for troilasane or If it's troylasye because he's, the coach whether it's Deserved for losine.
Speaker 3: Or not.
Speaker 1: Keep an eye ON D c united and see if anything goes down involving them and either a massive switch of player personnel when it comes to lineups and such next, time out or if Troyl is saye is not going to be on the touch line for much longer A. D c that was a thumping yesterday AND now i keep an eye ON d c and see what's going ON. With dc so that's the larger the larger point in out of OUT. Of dc so with all of that, going on, you know obviously yesterday we've got all the news and notes WITH It landi united And It land united making it in the twos. Once again we'll get into that Discussion when Maddy and jason crash here an hour number two in and Around. Bark keeler but the twos have an interesting week because of starting to, play yesterday, finishing TODAY which i think would have been a region. Day anyway then you end up with your region. Day tomorrow then you're Flying To chester wednesday to Play, on thursday and we'll have that for you on the network. Pregame show. LET'S see i think pregame when IS the i think it's a seven thirty kick and so pregame would be like seven POINT fifteen i think so we'll catch Up With steve cook tomorrow and get into the. Conversations there you get to hear that Conversation on thursday pregame Before It land united two Goes To philadelphia. Union, Two, hey rich. Go watch so that's. Coming up but once again remember in an hour over On our Mixler channel soccer down here dot mixler, dot com and On the, mixler app you can download m ixlr pregame Show For atlanta united two And ENTER miami. CF two messi and friends to stayed in, town BECAUSE like, I said i didn't figure that they were flying out yesterday because the match was supposed to be at seven point thirty and then they move it and you figure your travel plans to get out On. A monday, so, okay fine when you, leave it match is going to pick back up at twenty four oh nine at eleven O'clock inside Mercedes. Been stadium Maddie and jason. Are there they'll have the call for you On our, mixler channel on the mixlert app soccerdown here, dot net and you can go to the listen tab and there's usually like a big old siren when there's something live going EITHER on sdh ONE or, sdh two so you'll have that coming up a little. Before eleven eleven o'clock is when they picked the match up at twenty four oh Nine inside Mercedes. Been stadium will be there. For that you can listen. To IT like, i said show might end a, little early just so we can get everything oriented here and get everything squared away for that particular matchup with the Remainder of Messi and. Friends Too, In atlanta ninity two once again picking up at twenty four. Oh nine pregame show little. Before eleven match picks up at twenty four oh nine in the first half at eleven O'clock At. Mercedes bins Maddie and jason will have the call for you coming up in just. A bit reminder, once again very very busy week for us on the high school side. Of things presented by our Friends At. Kaiser permanente it, is today, Weather Permitting fort Payne At kahula creek. Six o'clock it's a. One match it's a. One match it's a one match deal and. Weather permitting i'll have that one for You From kahula, creek tomorrow big Double header West for Scyth And. River Ridge drew dickinson will be on the call for that at five thirty and eight because it's senior night and they have twenty one seniors At. River ridge seven on the, girl's side fourteen and. THE boys i think it's, twenty one and so five thirty is the girls match Nationally ranked West for scyth And river ridge with senior activities At river ridge eight o'clock Boys match boys At river ridge are the ones that are, nationally ranked and so it'll be a great Matchup With west versyth And river ridge five point thirty and eight tomorrow On. The Network drew dickinson will have both of those matchups. For, You wednesday jason IS Hosting sdham oh but which, Reminds me soccer's in session is tomorrow. At, noon kayochimura the head Coach For, drewid hills will be on at noon to kick. Things Off it's tuesday this Week, BECAUSE wednesday i am not in the driver's seat for the. Morning show jason's going to be back to drive the morning Show with Tyler. And DYLON then I am i'm without. Mobile device i'm in a Place where i'm not supposed to have a, mobile DEVICE and i don't KNOW if i can say the name of. The tournament but it's going on this week and there are a lot of jackets that can be worn and azaleas and things. Like That, So wednesday i'm out. Of pocket can't even take my phone into. The place you can only take old. School Cameras so i'll be watching a lot of players on a very very short Course, on wednesday And then thursday everything will be back. To normal i'll do the morning show from a, hotel room then come back here to The Office atlanta united Too In philadelphia. Union Two that's thursday night here on, the network and that's at seven o'clock pregame show a little bit Before, that friday we know where we'd like to Be. On friday we're waiting to hear back from the powers that are for our Doubleheader. On friday. Once again two weeks left in the regular season and then the, playoffs start and then it is in session pretty much, every day and it's also high school stuff every day and, all that so it's going to be it's going to, Be crazy but that is the week as. It is Nino And Nico. Thursday friday hopefully our Friends From beyond goals getting you ready for the weekend with around patent pending trademark comingsoner hopefully rather, than later getting ready For It landy United And new England on saturday afternoon at. Two thirty so we got all that time to catch. My, breath okay now our, number two our, number two our. Number two, I'm late, i'm Late and i'm. Horribly Late well i'm, not really, but anyway it's. Ten o'clock time To bring bart in and we got a couple of things to discuss, with, you.
Speaker 7: Sir FANTASTIC.
Speaker 1: What i do want to start, with obviously and we are going to be something of a nimble sort here in our number two because we are also waiting, for it the live Report from Mercedes, ben stadium preparing, For It landy, united TOO and Messi and, Friends too so that might Happen with Maddie and jason at some. Point here so we'll keep everybody posted so when they, parachute in we'll talk towos and we'll, talk craziness and we'll talk the battle for the. BROKEN broom i think that's what we've given this. RIVALRY now i do have refing, down here a lot done more philosophical involving reving. Down HERE but i do want to start WITH the wnt and what Happened. At, sofi now do you know now it looked like the surface was offset from what we're used to seeing It. So fi it did not look like its, normal self or they? Testing grass what was? Going on that.
Speaker 8: Seems to be, The, Case john they have been testing. The surface Obviously During Nation's league finals we got the. First test that seemed to be the, second test which kind of explains why they chose to play in souther In, so fi, you know but at that point five matches in the span of. Two WEEKS so i do think this was them testing the field and everything to make sure it's right for. Next Summer, because john next summer we have a major tournament come To The.
Speaker 1: United states you may have heard. Of IT so i think this is really. That, Preparation okay and BECAUSE like, i said it was just an. Odd look it, was Offset and, i'm like wait, A, second yeah it almost looks like, it's shorter but it was the field shorter or? Was, it WELL so i do think that it was a.
Speaker 7: LITTLE shorter i.
Speaker 8: Couldn't, Tell obviously i'm not out there with my protractors. And rulers but most of the time when you LOOK at, nfl stadiums they tend to have a.
Speaker 7: CONCAVE curve i think as the term.
Speaker 8: Where it will get really obviously wide at, the middle but it gets very narrow around right where the goal line would start, for football right right where the end.
Speaker 1: Zone starts so.
Speaker 8: For soccer which is about twenty yards longer recommended longer than a, football field wider than a, FOOTBALL field a should say a lot, of times that means you have to concede length to get the. Proper width football stadiums just are not built. For soccer, you see most soccer Stadiums in europe tend to have if they have some sort of concave that's not, very pronounced but they tend to be, more rectangular whereas a lot OF the nfl stadiums definitely have a curve to THEM because i don't, know why but that does cause a tightening at the. Goal LINE and i do think that's just because for football you have john as, you know the fifty three and a half yard, wide field and then in the middle you have about twenty feet or twenty yards on either side that are for, the, TEAMS right, i mean so that is factored into the. Stadium build but then they try to get really close at the, goal line which you know, makes sense that's where the, action happens but not super conducive to adding a soccer field.
Speaker 1: To, it yes but you'd like to think, That, MAYBE oh i don't know that if you were someone who owns a soccer club in one well in.
Speaker 7: Name, Only john let's not pretend like he knows what's going on.
Speaker 8: Over there but by, the way who built a? Soccer stadium uh, too now but built a world class six two thousand seat soccer stadium, Before, Anyway john i'm not here to talk about my my grievances with the owner Of, arsenal.
Speaker 1: Right, All RIGHT so uswnc starts their friend their their their doubleheader with Friendlies. With brazil there were the Moments of brazil going braziling FROM what, I understand but by the end of the day you got to See What trinity rodman once again means TO the wnt lindsay heaps from, the spot you end up with a two nil when you got out. The, DOOR well i.
Speaker 8: Think this is a great test because, last month last two months ago two, months ago back in Back.
Speaker 1: In february, it yeah not a full.
Speaker 8: Two months because it was the End of february and now we're at the Start, of april so it doesn't feel that.
Speaker 1: Long ago but you Know what.
Speaker 8: I'm saying Back, in february you had two games against teams that maybe not the best opponents, Right now columbia probably a little bit, More tenacious australia is in disarray without having a real head coach. In charge and then You, Play japan japan obviously the big girls at, the table if, you will and.
Speaker 1: You lost now you lost.
Speaker 8: Because of a lot, of reasons mainly because you are in a transitional Period and emma's really focused on trying to find those players who can.
Speaker 7: Cut it at the.
Speaker 8: International level but you still Lost to japan, two one and it's essentially.
Speaker 7: A final.
Speaker 8: Brazil is in that Level right they're in the Stratosphere of japan where if you're not ready to play, your best you will lose because they're.
Speaker 7: Very good and to get a two nil win.
Speaker 8: On the backs of, that Loss and emma talked, About this you wanted to see how the team would respond.
Speaker 7: To loss and to that adversity that is the.
Speaker 8: Biggest positive the next, Biggest positive john is as, You Mentioned trinity rodman. Is back she, is scoring and she looked really she looked good Partnering With, veterina marcario but you could tell that they weren't used to playing with each other all that much because they haven't. So, injuries yeah that was my biggest takeaway from the attack Outside Of alyssa thompson. Being fantastic i'll get to her in, a second but that entire first half WHEN the us was doing, good things which about was about half of the, first half it Was because Kat and trend are exceptional players and they were often operating on that same half of the Field because cat would kind of come over to the.
Speaker 1: Right side that that.
Speaker 8: Is going to be SOMETHING that i Think As sophia wilson is, out with.
Speaker 7: You know having, a baby being.
Speaker 1: A Mom i.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying this isn't a, bad way, But man kat looks like she could be a better Partner for trend because she is the way. She plays she's a little bit more back to goal, hold up which she's very good, at that and her passing. Is fantastic trinity benefited. From that they need to work together to kind. Of time trinity needs to learn how to time it runs a little. Bit better kat needs to learn where to put that Ball. For trinity but they were really fun to.
Speaker 1: Watch together and when you have moments, like this once again courtesy of our Friends AT max T and T And, us soccer you can See Why, Luke Wilman julie foudy on the Call.
Speaker 9: Nine thomson driving.
Speaker 2: For he, So listen tomson into the hat to the, back line twenty, Run Down.
Speaker 1: Trinity rock on his back more in five minutes of the fast game FOR the us Since the.
Speaker 8: Olympic Final trinity rock then finds the back of an end.
Speaker 1: And you gotta just.
Speaker 4: Love, the pig, the swagger the shot, of espresso and what a ball.
Speaker 9: This Is With alicia.
Speaker 10: Thompson deciding i'm gonna cut in and.
Speaker 9: Then look at the pace she puts on.
Speaker 1: This Ball tarnie rotman with that little, slip run great, first touch But.
Speaker 9: It's thompson's pace on the ball that allows this.
Speaker 1: To Happen and robin with that little slip touch.
Speaker 9: There a prassorena a great goal.
Speaker 1: For The. United States julie fallei's not wrong.
Speaker 8: Yep uh that's the NEXT person i want to, Talk, about John Because alyssa thompson was my player of.
Speaker 1: THE match i know she, didn't score she got.
Speaker 8: The assist she recognizes That With mouse wanson Doing Whatever molese wannson is doing that it's not playing soccer, right now there is a gap at the left.
Speaker 7: Wing position FOR this us women's.
Speaker 8: National team she wants it and she's out there trying to grab it because this, performance now granted maybe it's because she's playing her in, her hometown that could. Be it, that's great good, for her but she was phenomenal on. The ball off the ball, that goal she sits down at defender with a nice little one to, two move blows, past her, dribbles in finds a great Pass To, trinity rodman who fantastically finishes with the outside of her. Right Foot alyssa thompson, for me was the player of the match because she was so active and so good on and off, the ball and to the point where reporters, Were, asking emma were you doing something different?
Speaker 7: With her the answer, is no she was playing.
Speaker 8: Left WING but i think what you saw Was with kat pulled slightly more to, the right to Partner. With trinity alissa also kind of moved a little more central right and then you also still done on your, left, wing who as, we know is a great. Soccer player that allowed her to find the ball more and find it in spaces where you're you can apply, your pick your head up and go winger mentality of you're going to take, people on but at that point you're eliminating two people instead of just one on.
Speaker 7: The wing and it was really effective for her throughout them throughout.
Speaker 1: The match BRAZIL and usa. To nil it's so fine in front of just over thirty two thousand they're going to meet again.
Speaker 7: To Oh, boy john that has been a talking point on.
Speaker 1: The twitters oh thirty two thousand so far has been a talker.
Speaker 8: And, stuff congratulations that's a great number for the women's team. To pull still not higher than what we Got in atlanta, last year but, you know Good, FIRST la i guess they they, Did okay but the know there's been the picture of the start OF The us panama game IN The us, canada game, you know paired next to this, the attendance the wide shot of this game, before kickoff and it's just such a. Lazy COMPARISON but i don't think that means THAT the us women wouldn't have.
Speaker 7: Not drawn out DRAWN the us.
Speaker 1: Men there it's just a. Lazy comparison and you look at what. Went down you also had two players that got their, first caps and all of this will go through all of the grades and we can run the world through the grades like we. Always do theodore Del, like hughes was the one who gave us, the numbers this Time From. Soccer america but you had two individuals who got their. First caps one was a cup of Coffee With, avery patterson the other was between. The sticks and IN conversations i have been hearing involving the future of goal FOR THE us M and t it's about blanking TIME that ptj was involved in.
Speaker 8: This, discussion yeah fell And tellus joyce FINALLY gets i mean a girl who was very GOOD in nwsl when she was here to the POINT where i think it was maybe a little, shocking shocking, but like why wasn't she getting she get a call up earlier just because, you.
Speaker 1: Know could have happened.
Speaker 8: First time in. Actual camp she got you know a second time in. Actual, camp sorry first time starting she proved the thing that she does better than any goalkeeper in, This, pool john and that's keep the ball out of the back of. The net she had some, great saves, you know she does get the. Clean sheet that, to ME and i think this is modern soccer gets a little too caught Up, on oh can a goalkeeper.
Speaker 7: Pass the ball out of?
Speaker 8: The back well, that's great but if the goalkeeper can't stop the ball from going into, the net what does it matter if they can complete a five. Yard pass she does need to improve. On that that is Something that emma has been hesitant to include her into the lineup for. That Reason but, I'M sorry i need a goalkeeper who can keep the ball out of the back of. The net and if you can do that, for me you gotta as to be the starter for this national team because.
Speaker 7: One you can learn better.
Speaker 8: Passing movements unfortunately, For Her Manchester united women's don't believe in passing and that's not, her FAULT but i guess that's what happens when you hire someone Who's.
Speaker 7: LIKE welsh i, don't know they don't.
Speaker 1: Really pass the.
Speaker 5: Ball.
Speaker 7: Either wow the bretson passing aren't Exactly a.
Speaker 1: They're not a match Made.
Speaker 8: In heaven, but anyway Point is emma wants this team to be more, in possession and that was one of the things that we when we started spiraling out. Of control the game did not super out, of control But when brazil started getting their teeth into, the game it's because we were making bad passing decisions and making. Bad passes so that does kind of start at. THE goalkeeper i don't. THINK she i Don't think falin herself made any of those, bad passes but you could tell that her passes were not helping us get out of whatever pressure we. Were making and a lot of times her goalkicks and, other kicks she was just, going long which is definitely Not what emma wants from. This team so she does need to, learn that but she's not really going to learn that out out. Of Playing and i'm, Telling you i'd rather play the girl who can keep the ball out of the back of.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 7: Net john, to me.
Speaker 8: That is the most important thing that a goalkeeper. Can do but WHAT do. I know i didn't play goalkeeper for a WHILE or i.
Speaker 1: Think, anything well so keeping the ball out of the net is a.
Speaker 8: Big, Thing yeah so you can ask there's this really awesome female goalkeeper that she all have.
Speaker 7: Connections to Her Name's. JESSICA sharmon i don't.
Speaker 8: Know if you've talked to, her recently you can probably ask her about. THAT too i think she would agree that keeping the ball out of the back then that's probably.
Speaker 1: Really. Important abby to answer, Your question abby was wondering about ticket prices for. SO far i saw the get in was at.
Speaker 8: Seventy, five yeah they were a little more EXPENSIVE than i would like for a. WOMEN'S friendly i think all friendly should be like thirty. Bucks MAX But us soccer's not asking me despite them being five minutes down. The road but it's definitely fair to say that the women's friendly was cheaper than the, men's game, because obviously as we've Talked about john at nauseum on this, Entire Stratosphere conka cap loves, to, say oh it's, two matches so you're paying for two matches at the one hundred and fifty DOLLARS is i guess technically seventy five dollars? A game but, but yes the women drew thirty. TWO thousand i think that is alone a perfectly acceptable thing and we should be happy.
Speaker 1: For that and to answer the follow up Question At, PayPal park get in right now is ninety four? Thirty, EIGHT yeah i don't. Love that according to our friends At the master Of, the, tickets yeah and in the one, hundred section the way that it's Structured At PayPal park is that you have the fancy seats and they are like in the, smaller numbers they're. Two numbers and then the one, hundred level which we would think of as like the MEAs or the two hundred level is one hundred Level at PayPal and the, single digits the everything from one to thirty four is your your box seats. Down low the one, hundred level which under normal circumstances would be a two hundred level perhaps in every other stadium that, we know anywhere from one hundred dollars to the, end zones which could be one hundred. And, Sixty yeah so you're looking.
Speaker 7: To, Be, fair john we get from what it looks like everything's.
Speaker 1: Sold, Out yeah i'm looking these are. All resale this is secondary market on secondary market On the master Of the.
Speaker 8: Tickets website but get in a price to start with still like seventy, eight bucks Which is, i'm sorry just way too much. US soccer i know you're, selling Out but PayPal's eighteen thousand seat stadiums and stop pretending like you're making massive, moves here.
Speaker 1: Get in. Right now secondary market ninety four to thirty.
Speaker 8: Eight seventy bucks for a friendly at your lowest seventy eight dollars. For friendly as your lowest price, is unacceptable that needs to.
Speaker 7: Be lower i'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Pre match average of fifty five and a half caps per player LEAST experienced wnt starting eleven To face Brazil since january of nineteen, ninety six when it was fifty two point four at twenty Twenty eight dash one Six Eight fallentella's joyce second oldest keeper to EARN her, uswnt cap after whom sir, first cap, first cap second oldest keeper to earn her, First Cap So aubrey kingsbury, very good thirty thirty dash one four. To three so matchup is at Ten thirty Eastern on, Tuesday NIGHT brazil usa and. The friendly, All right so here's watched from couch in. Your pajamas yeah it's OR that i DON'T know uswnt. After dark ptjets gets a seven six saves on. The day perry in the second Half From giovanni kirosch once again was a positive in the eyes of a tlh Over At. Soccer america smarterly rush off her LINE so ptj gets a seven out of the blocks between. The sticks, YEAH.
Speaker 8: Again i think her first match getting a. CLEAN sheet, i really really really want to, see her MAINLY because i don't think any of the other goalkeepers here are worth investing the time in.
Speaker 1: Many McGlenn she's fine if.
Speaker 8: She's your third goalkeeper, going, forward Fine whatever fallin is, to me the goalkeeper we should be putting our time and energy into if you're Not Bringing casey murphy in. AS well i personally want To see Casey and fallon in a, camp together see them battle.
Speaker 7: It out Even Throwing jane campbell, in there who we.
Speaker 8: Love her She's, from GEORGIA but i don't think she's starting goalkeeper quality FOR the us women's.
Speaker 7: National team but she could be a third goalkeeper.
Speaker 8: Very EASILY but i think right now you have a true battle Between. And casey you should be having a true Battle between Fallon and casey, in camp and we don't have It because casey's.
Speaker 1: Not here Back For, Emily Fox emily sonnic each. With five's tara McEwan got A Six crystal dune in her one hundred and fifty Eight cap yep gets, a seven high marks for a. Crystal dun on, THE day.
Speaker 7: I thought the back line looked. Mostly okay.
Speaker 3: Tara had.
Speaker 8: A look the last time We saw tara mccowon not Great, against, Columbia definitely but the first time that we, SAW her i should say she's definitely improved.
Speaker 1: SINCE then.
Speaker 8: I Love, emily Sonna another, georgia girl but we do need to find someone Not Named emily's sonnet to be our starting. Center back she just has too many limitations both physically And she she is also not the best distributor of the ball Obviously nim. Beagrammer HURT but i would like to see someone Other than emily's on it get some more minutes.
Speaker 1: And so McEwan on the day three blocks and that's what she. Was good she was. Very good midfielders on, The Day Sam Coffee ali sentner. Got Five's lindsay heaps gets a six in her one hundred and sixty fourth.
Speaker 8: CAN so i think important to Note sinn or not a, new position but new for her time WITH the us women's national team playing more of a central attacking. MIDFIELD role i think she struggled a little bit to be noticeable in, the GAME so i think a five is. Fair coffee unfortunately, For her brazil might not.
Speaker 7: Be the best type of team for her to be. The lone she wasn't.
Speaker 8: Really alone lindsay, was there but she's not a chase you down from behind type.
Speaker 7: Of Player and brazil is a very.
Speaker 8: Dribbling team they're very dynamic when they have the ball at, their Feet and sam's not quite that type of center of. Defensive midfielder she's a good, ball winner but that's different than like intercepting a pass is different than taking a ball of, Someone's foot and once you get running, at her it's gonna be bad News. For SAM but i think it's good to.
Speaker 7: HASHTAG dribbling.
Speaker 8: I think it's good for her to play these GAMES because i think she is our best option at that defensive.
Speaker 7: Midfield spot, All.
Speaker 1: Right and then you look at and the Mention From Theodore lloyd hughes was that the formation continued, to drift and he's talking about hybrid four three threes and four two fours and things. Like that literally it is what it is at. THIS point, i mean if it's a picture at, the beginning that's what it. Looks like and then when the whistle happens and the ball, gets kicked then things Can get.
Speaker 8: Ask ask Your friend jason when he comes on what he thinks about. Lineup, graphics yeah lineup graphics take up. Thirty seconds so you can sit there and talk about the start. Of eleven i'm Kind of i'm in the.
Speaker 1: Same way, it's like, all, right bang, all right, so well, all right so you have a graphic up that's not really what they're going, to be, but okay you've got a. Graphic, cup congratulations.
Speaker 8: You know and in fairness to some of, THESE coaches i think you can look at the lineup graphic more of a the defensive structure for the, most part because when, You attack, i'm sorry attacking formations look nothing like a four to three th.
Speaker 1: That's not. The point, and yeah it's.
Speaker 7: Hilarious some of these things.
Speaker 1: They're, saying yes so let's go. To Forwards trinity rodman, A Seven kat maccario. Is Six alsa thompson gets you. An, eight yeah that.
Speaker 8: SOUNDS right i Think Give alsa thompson a little bit more credit because she played longer Than.
Speaker 1: Than TRINITY but i.
Speaker 8: DON'T know I thought kat did better than. A sixth that's, just ME but i thought all of those women had a very. Good showing and then again we're getting we get the one shot of, espresso back we're still missing the. Other TWO but I think kat is not a shot. Of espresso she's the milk that makes. It, digestible okay so if we're talking about a cappuccino or, a latte she's esteemed frothy milk because she's a little bit, more elegant a little more sexy on. The ball she makes everything work because the shot of espresso was hitting me in, the face and that very much Is, what sophia Mal and. Trinity Do but kat makes everything kind of a little. More palatable you feel a little more comfy. And cozy you get to enjoy it a little. Bit more not maybe the other team.
Speaker 7: Is, enjoying it but as a fan enjoying.
Speaker 8: Watching IT and i, THINK again I think Alis is thompson, for me as that rating clearly states she was my player of.
Speaker 1: The match she. Was fantastic there, you go, all right so you roll, through that you get into. Your Subs lily johannas, Is Seven michelle cooper, Is Six ashley Hatch and jayden Show On yasmine ryan each got. Five's Obviously avery patterson just put a cup OF coffee.
Speaker 8: I Thought for, lily's again. JUST exhibit i don't know what we're on, Right now Homegirls. THE future, i mean she just does CREDIT to I think, emma though for not throwing her To the wolves, quite yet because she made this point in her, postgame PRESSER and i think it's very important to Remember because john there is a level of eurosynaptism that's made its way into the. Women's Side the brazil team is better Than Anything lily 'hanna's faces In the. Dutch league it's just, the fact And while lily is playing at a fairly high LEVEL, with iax she Didn't Get champions league time this year what she did.
Speaker 1: Last year.
Speaker 8: We need to be cognizant of the fact that on this side of the pond.
Speaker 7: Have a lot better talent.
Speaker 8: And better leagues than and what they have on the other side of. The, pond comparatively when you look at men's, versus women's there does seem to be a, narrative, that oh where you're Playing, in europe you must. Be better people who watch this women's sport UNDERSTAND, that NWSL The mets feminel and in All The south american countries that are producing talent are producing talent that is just as good as what you See. In europe and a lot Of these european leagues just aren't as meaty AS say Nwsl OR league.
Speaker 7: A mechis So that's i'll get off my. Silkbox.
Speaker 1: Now, wait so so you're saying just because you you don't Play in europe that you actually might be playing a. Decent amount you might. Be, PLAYING yeah i do think it's fair.
Speaker 7: To, Say, again okay we're going to get.
Speaker 8: Into this if you look at the leagues of the women of the, women's, GAME right i think It's VERY, look Nwsl The american league is still to me the most competitive and the most overall collection.
Speaker 7: Of talent right every league you're going to play.
Speaker 8: In that AND in wsl Except for chicago because they're cursed by changing, their name are going to, be, competitive competent complete teams with talent at every.
Speaker 7: Single POSITION in wsl is. Number one number Two IS.
Speaker 8: England's wsl because you have a lot of very wealthy clubs making investment into their. Women's structures so You've got arsenal who's been leading away for, The while chelsea who's now the best in. The league you Still got United and city who are putting money. Into it you've still got Teams, Like, Villa tottenham liverpool who are starting to actually take their women's. Side seriously that is number two, after that it's kind of. A crapshoot, I mean i Think Actually liga Feminila in spain has gotten a lot better because some of the other Teams in spain are are actually kind, of investing not a. Whole lot we're not giving them too much, It right but It's just barcelona and a bunch of players and a bunch of teams. Underneath it that's, a, Problem right we're talking About competitiveness france kind of the. Same thing You've, Got leon YOU'VE, got psg a couple others that are, maybe OKAY piis fc, isn't bad but like just, Not competitive john and, that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah and that's.
Speaker 8: The, frown bundesliga same thing of you've Got, well wolfsburg who's a disaster at this point, RIGHT now i don't know what happened at. That Club bayern munich is making, some inroads but like you don't even Have like adortmund Or a frankfurt or or any of those other like, You know Munching. Laid back none of those other clubs that we really associated with success on the men's side have have found a way to find their women's team.
Speaker 1: That success so the.
Speaker 8: Point is there may, be better more better Teams, in europe right if you look at across, The board but the problem is because they're all striadded into, different leagues.
Speaker 1: They just don't get.
Speaker 7: The competition, you know that's just.
Speaker 8: The reality And nbsl legamecki's are competitive week in a week out that you just.
Speaker 7: Don't have in a lot of other leagues in.
Speaker 1: The world, All right so this is half time, with us because, as promised we've Go To Mercedes benz stadium and check in with the broadcast Booth with Maddie. And jason now are you in the ninety two nine booth?
Speaker 5: Right, now yeah we specially. Requested it we were going to be In The lamy. Horror BOOTH but, i mean, Come on i've called games from this booth for a.
Speaker 11: Long time if it's open we're going to.
Speaker 1: Take. It yep so we're officially at halftime with, bart here AND so i wanted to for those that missed the four hour and nineteen minute rain, delay yesterday. Oh jeez but the only thing missing was us talking about Kind of chud the movie coming up AFTER. On tv we didn't throw it To An andy. Griffith, Rerun, now no we were. That close, but uh twenty four oh nine, in yesterday we got the match started, at noon got the twenty four to. Oh nine and as you said on, The, air jason when the ar wanders out onto, the field that's not a, good thing not a.
Speaker 5: Good sign when the field is already taken on a ton, of water there's lightning in, the vicinity and there's a whole bunch. More coming we saw all kinds of THINGS that i will. Never forget we saw a broom lose its life trying to make the. Field playable that happened in. Real time we saw the referees come out and inspect and roll the ball on various portions of. The field and then We Saw steve cook come out and pingballs all over, the Field And jose silva.
Speaker 1: As well Lewis.
Speaker 5: Sharp we saw all kinds of gesticulations from lots of. Different individuals we never got to see the game. Get restarted but after we left then we get the news that it is going to, get restarted which is what.
Speaker 11: We thought, you Know with miami being, in town you wanted to get the.
Speaker 5: Game in you don't want to have them have to buy plane tickets and come back. Another time that's expensive for a team to, do that and the schedule's pretty crowded as, it is so, we're like what can? You do are you going to play at the? Next morning we didn't know when, we left and by THE time i got my food at the cookout, drive through we found out that we were going to be coming here in the morning to do this game behind closed doors in kind of an eerily recent twenty twenty vibe.
Speaker 1: This, morning yeap but the only thing MISSING is lgp yelling at the top of. His lungs one thing.
Speaker 5: That is, new though because they're working on the new club seeding in the three, hundred level there will be quite a bit of construction noise during, the game which is gonna be a whole new Element that i'm not.
Speaker 9: Used to no it's gonna. Be nuts nu's, for sure.
Speaker 1: All, Right, so maddy from the first twenty four oh nine from yesterday twenty two, hours ago what are your thoughts from the first twenty four oh nine as we get ready to pick things back up at the top of the hour for the final sixty five minutes. Plus, halftime well.
Speaker 10: First, of all it was HILARIOUS because i was also getting food AND when i get the Call from jason, that hey by, the way we're doing the, twos game but you'll never, guess.
Speaker 9: Where and here we are on. The bends, BUT no i.
Speaker 1: Mean it was.
Speaker 9: Very chaotic it was a very chaotic first twenty four to.
Speaker 10: Twenty five it never felt like it had a rhythm because it was just so back. And forth you're dealing with, the conditions, you know, fifth third from being there as, a student from seeing all the other sports that play there as well as the two's that fields already really slick as, it is and so you add rain and not, just rain but like torrential downpour of rain and puddles. And everything there was a lot of slipping and seeing neither team could find. Their footing it was back, and Forth and miami was doing a thing where almost like a like, at all but a situation having him almost like push all the way up and you're acting as like multiple.
Speaker 9: Forwards in the sense and just more.
Speaker 10: Attack there atlanta was finally able to figure that, out out but, you know as, we said the game got stopped before it could really.
Speaker 1: GET going i Think park Taylor for Maddie and jason Live At. Mercedes benz anything on, your, Mind.
Speaker 8: Sir i'm just glad that you guys had to go through as what referees have to, go through testing and seeing of a field is going to lay on and really what it takes to, say no we can't Play. This matchigan my, question, is though legitimately you're now, changing surfaces and while the surface last night was more of a bog than a, soccer field how do you think that changes now that we're, you KNOW literally i mean what three quarters of the.
Speaker 1: Way in to. A half i mean that's going to.
Speaker 5: Be, problematic yeah it's a weird ONE because I think miami like the way that they're playing with their, academy teams with their second team and elements to the. First team although you Adjust for Messi, and suarez they're very aggressive with their pressure they're. Very chaotic they get a lot of numbers forward in the attack and also in transition moments and also in. Counter pressure so they're gonna want to bring. The chaos and you're already gonna be scombobulated here because you're playing at eleven o'clock in. The morning, you're playing, you know in an. Empty stadium you're playing for some people their first time ever In.
Speaker 11: The benz for some of, the guys it's their first time ever in a. Major stadium.
Speaker 5: You know we walked in And sal masefero was on the field and he'd been on the field for quite, a while like soaking it. All in so you've got all these different elements that the opening stages could, be really. Really weird and then the other, element is, you know you're going for twenty minutes and then taking a break and then playing a normal, forty five so the flow is gonna.
Speaker 1: BE bizarre i.
Speaker 5: DON'T know i think in, this game, for me it's whoever gets control the quickest to try to stamp their their print on. THE game i Think for atlanta that's having a little more of, the possession keeping it a little, bit More making miami come chase you and look for that fall over. The Top, for miami it's just bringing the thunder and bringing the noise and, you know forcing you into, some mistakes but getting those extra runners, in behind like we saw early.
Speaker 10: And even too like we we were talking about, it before because we're not exactly sure where the game is going to pick up where it WAS because i believe before when, everything stopped it was a Corner for atlanta and it was on the near corner flag on the, right side and so it'll be interesting if it's going to pick up right, from there or if we're going to do a drop ball or what's it going.
Speaker 9: To be we have, No idea so from the is a very, weird thing.
Speaker 7: Or we need to come out there and get ready FOR right, i.
Speaker 9: Mean and keep it going and you, Know, what hey anything. CAN happen, i mean what.
Speaker 10: Happened yesterday we lost, a broom, you know rip TO the ksu yellow broom that, you know broke.
Speaker 9: In half you did, your job you.
Speaker 10: Did WELL unfortunately i believe that it's still left there at the wow at. Fifth third, BUT no, i mean it could be really interesting for the first twenty and then who knows it was already becoming a very, physical game as it always Is with atlantamson In, er miami and we saw it when we played them earlier this year as well WITH the u eighteens AND the.
Speaker 9: U sixties it was very very.
Speaker 10: Physical matchups so you're also dealing with a little bit of those emotions. As well so it's it's gonna, be very, very interesting.
Speaker 1: All right so when is a pregame before eleven o'clock kick picks things back up at twenty four oh nine.
Speaker 5: Fifteen minutes you can listen by clicking listen on soccer down here. Dot net you can listen on the. Mixler app you can go to soccer down here dot mixler dot com, as well and please tune in because it's gonna be one of the weirdest games that we have really. EVER seen i don't know if they're gonna come out like. STARTERS would i don't know how this thing's gonna. GET started i don't think we're gonna get. AN anthem i don't think we have we don't. Have monitors we have the. Delayed broadcast it Will be if you want to watch and sync, us up you can get all usnextpro dot com and. Find link but it's gonna. Be weird so join us, For, weirdness.
Speaker 1: Yes join you. For weirdness pregame show a pregame weirdness in ten and match weirdness in. Twenty four thanks, a. Lot guys we'll be listening and watching seeing a bit. Audio, line Yes bart so pregame weirdness in a man fourteen Minutes IRE and.
Speaker 7: I wish we could go, down there not, gonna lie that would.
Speaker 1: BE fun i know, it's close closed door with construction and everything. Else GOING and I think I thought i, heard whistles so they might actually Be doing monday practice early on. THE turf i could.
Speaker 8: See, it, yeah honestly if you're talking about the, senior team they're probably doing some sort of.
Speaker 1: SOMETHING else I thought i heard whistles in, the background, you know like the and. All that so, All right so since we've been talking, OF refs i do want to get into reffing down here, and yeah and discussing THE two m four that was in the Middle The pontiac FIERIRO and i want to take this from a couple of. DIFFERENT points i want TO and i went To who SCORED and i posted the link in the in the, twitch pitch so folks can have it as a reference point going forward when it comes to number, of fouls fouls, per, tackle, penalties, yellows yellows total called all that kind. Of stuff so it's in the twitch pitch for anybody that wants to. Follow ALONG and i wanted to discuss consistency and calling a match a certain way versus, over correcting AND then i wanted to get into mass confrontation and whether or not it is, you know if you're supposed to, you know we talked about the rule book, being flexible and we've talked about that in. The past what's flexible and what is and just the overall administration of? A match where would you like to start in this conversation involving what happened on. The WEEKEND.
Speaker 8: So i guess the question, there is let's start with how do we manage and keep? A match what we went to say is consistent, Throughout right let's let's talk.
Speaker 1: About that.
Speaker 8: There, are look this IS what i think people need to. Understand too when you're asking for consistency. From Referees and i'm not saying we don't need to ask for that every match Is all. So Different, right Again, A Philadelphia New York red bull match is way different Than A houston atlanta match is going, to be do you Know what?
Speaker 1: I'm, saying yeah because of the the, you know styles. Make fights one of soccer one is.
Speaker 8: Bumper cars so that is going to be issue, number one right As you and so as, a, referee, well yes you want to keep things within the boss that we are.
Speaker 7: Supposed to keep.
Speaker 8: Them in they're reality is you're going to have matches where things are not in that box for, one way shape.
Speaker 1: Or form.
Speaker 8: But as, a referee and at this, level especially they should be doing.
Speaker 7: Their preparation they should know the.
Speaker 8: Type of challenges that are going to be, coming in the type of the players and who is more likely, to commit, you know possible. Bad fouls you should know a little bit more about the game than just going. In blind so you should have some level of expectation for yourself, OF okay i need to Make sure i'm not allowing things to get. To hear but again it is hard because matches can also then change within, a match right, You know, for Example in Atlanta, versus dallas You have i'm not calling it a soft penalty because it wasn't a. Soft penalty it was a inside the, penalty, Area RIGHT but i think a lot of people would deem itself because it had no real effect on a goal really. Being scored is that a fair assessment of what happened like as. A foul but it had nothing to do with taking a shot on goal or any real. Offensive player it just the ball that happened to find its way in. The box and guy shouldn't have been grabbing. Our, attacker, No no but that thing can then change the rest of, the Match and jason's, always right goals, change games will, you know so can types of fouls or there are a lot of moments that change the temperature and inflection of, A game and so as a referee you kind of also have to be, Anticipating, that OKAY well i just gave a penalty kick to. A team that team who just conceded it is going to be looking for something AND either a are going to be feeling real agrieved by IT or b are going to be looking. For, revenge, quickly.
Speaker 1: Yes uh so it was and after looking and urgede as he was grabbing. Latte lot, you know it's literally it turns into, you, know, grab, grab grab but then you get the grab and, the SPIN and i think that's defining it, was yes where it's, like, yeah, okay urgede, YOU know i get what. You're doing, you know you're, you know you're you're. Hanging on but then you make that extra move AND then i think that accentuates anything that you're, staring at and then you GET the pk call whatch you should?
Speaker 7: Have?
Speaker 1: Gotten yep, all right calling fouls versus not calling fouls and the tenor of. A match i think that, you know we. Mentioned consistency if you're gonna, call everything. Call everything if you're gonna, call nothing, call nothing just make sure that you're consistent in one way or, the other because the last thing you need is to overcorrect and then, have one, you know one half to, the other or even possessions where you're, wondering about well why and you call this and you call this and then you Get all THE consistency i think is something that we have to continue to come back to a lot when it comes to administration of matches in. Major, leagues yeah.
Speaker 7: THAT'S fair, i think, you know looking at this, game particularly.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 7: Probably more fouls than you would like to.
Speaker 1: Have CALLED but i don't think any.
Speaker 8: OF it i don't think it got out of hand in terms, of like, oh wow they're calling.
Speaker 7: Too much that's just my personal thing, because.
Speaker 8: NOW granted i was watching on a phone at, a wedding so my vision has a little skewed in. Multiple ways it wasn't like the fouls were ticky tacked. Too much it seemed more like players were a little. Not, Careful right you're supposed to play, with care a level. Of care that's why our first level of foul is a, careless foul and it.
Speaker 7: Seemed like they were just a little like not. Taking care does that?
Speaker 3: Make?
Speaker 1: Sense, yeah, no, absolutely yeah and, so yeah and you have all of that and then. Mask confrontation is it up to is it up to? An official is it up to a man in the middle to just kind of sit there, and go, You know i'm gonna let them say their peace and worry. About it or when a law of the game is a law of, the game does it have to be administered by the letter of? The law and was an opportunity missed here in mass confrontation Where if i'm not mistaken, right now it's just the dude with the captain's armband and. An appointee if the captain is like a keeper, or something then it can be it can be either the captain wearing the armband or. An appointee it can be a designate if it's a. Separate position but then you have. Mass confrontation and we're still, seeing this and not Just on Saturday At, mercedes benz but you're seeing a lot of mass confrontation and no. Blackjack dealers, it's, like look you say something and you. Ain't it it's like bang bang bang. Bang bang we're still not getting that when it comes to laws of, the.
Speaker 8: GAME right i think that is a very fair critique of what we're SEEING with mls. This SEASON is, i, Mean look miami has seventeen captains on. Their roster we've talked about that they need to do better of upholding the captain only type. OF thing i will even expand it to the captain plus, you know maybe the player who either got fouled or did, the fouling, because again individual players are going to want to plead. Their case we have to allow them some sort of room to, SAY no i didn't, do that even though they're completely wrong lest. The time the problem is when you have well the left back all the sunen is rushing from, you know a halfway across the field to start completing, their case and and you know you have the defensive midfield there is now up there because well we've got to have an enforcer because well there are people there.
Speaker 1: That needs to be.
Speaker 8: Absolutely STOPPED and i do think this comes down to maybe not even the referees on, the Field because, i'm sorry the problem is once they start coming, at you what are you. Gonna do you can give yellow cards all, you want BUT like, i mean that isn't gonna stop them from.
Speaker 1: Doing, IT well I mean i would, you Know what i'm envisioning is the first center reff in the league to sit there, and go, you know full, stop sign, you know and either point, To okay i'm talking to you and then Everybody else and.
Speaker 8: Well that's the thing there there IS that i think the referees need to be a little bit, more again only allow. The captain the problem IS if i, do this, that's Fine Is sergeys bousquet is.
Speaker 7: Going to pay attention.
Speaker 1: To, that, well no and the only way That's As luis suarez paying attention, to THAT and i think that in those situations you have to have a central who is confident enough in themselves and administering the laws of the game to go ahead and.
Speaker 8: GO bang, I agree but my solution ALSO is I think disco and the league needs to just doll. Out, fines yeah we need to BECAUSE again i think the problem is if a referee star is given out yellow cards for that kind, of stuff that makes them even, more mad and then you're gonna have a SITUATION whereas, I, KNOW john, I know, I, Know john you're looking at it from a normal point.
Speaker 1: Of view i'm talking about.
Speaker 8: Soccer players who, are, similar right these people are not right in. The head as a former, ATHLETE myself i will say these people are not right in, the head especially in. The moment so you're gonna give a yellow card for a mass confrontation over a silly little foul because, you know and then said players, GOING to i, don't know kick a, ball away get another, Yellow card and now you've given to a double, yellow card red card for.
Speaker 7: Procedural things and that is something that.
Speaker 8: Is hard we don't, want it that's, not palatable that doesn't go down the same way, that, well yeah that was a bit.
Speaker 7: Bad fouls that's two. Bad fouls you got a double yellow card. For that, he's route, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Don't, stupid john look at the world today and tell me if that. ADVICE works, I know, I know i know they're gonna.
Speaker 8: Be stupid they are absolute idiots when they get on the field for those ninety minutes because they have taken they are all, juiced up ready to. Play soccer and we have allowed for too long, the petulant spoiled child behavior to the point where, these players well Except For luis suarez who, invented it but, these players a lot of them grew up with this as the norm. In soccer and it doesn't just get removed because.
Speaker 7: We start giving a yellow card.
Speaker 1: Or two doesn't get purged from. YOUR system i, Know.
Speaker 8: NOW so, I think, I mean i agree. With you the center referee needs to do Better, To nope i'm talking to the captain that, you, Know captain i'm only talking. To him but any player who then tries to do, ANYTHING else I think disco needs, to, say yeah here's.
Speaker 7: Your, fine yah here's, your.
Speaker 8: Fine two thousand dollars the, first time and it goes doubles each time you get you get fine.
Speaker 1: For IT because i think that may.
Speaker 8: Not affect Players like Suarez, and bousquets because, you know they two, thousand dollars but the players who draft off of them, are, Correct correct but the, you know the all the players under, you Know Look, Miggy.
Speaker 3: Latte, Lot.
Speaker 1: Moran chuck two thousand dollars for them is not the.
Speaker 8: Biggest deal but it is a lot of for a guy Like j fortune or even a Guy like saba who's not ON that dp, level anymore. You know and so in this league where we do have a lot of players who are Still financially i'm not going to say they're bad or not, well off.
Speaker 1: But you know.
Speaker 8: They're not they're not rolling in it like the. Other players it wouldn't work In the. Premier league let's just put it. That, way yeah that needs to, BE addressed i think from a league disciplinary, committee thing just like mass confrontations get, you know when you have an actual mass confrontation, with, fisticuffs right var can look at stuff all, they want but we always look at it again because we need to make sure that we didn't. MISS anything i think they need to be a little bit more proactive in that maybe, it's reactive but proactive and handling these before too late because we're what six seven games into? The season, Seven, seven yeah we've got A.
Speaker 1: Not you're twenty percent into your, schedule already, all right so play at. THE end i want to get into letting a, play Go having var look at it versus the absolute call And why var, didn't look especially looking at the reaction after, the fact where You've got jamal heading, route one he's, got it and then the slightest of slights and then making the meal lot. OF it i want to say It was. SHACK more i think It was shack that. Was there And then shaq goes down and instead of letting the, play finish and, you know odds are the ball was going to go into the back of the net because you're basically one versus keeper at. That point the notion of letting it play breathe instead of, quick whistling and you end up with a Foul where atlanta's denied with a late opportunity to get two more points and get the second goal in, the match and Then have var you sit there and. Go okay it was a clear and obvious error that you let the that you didn't stop. The play it's one of those one of THOSE where i think the play was, stopped prematurely and in this case it was a last Rush For. Atlanta united and Then as, abe mentioned he was he was looking at the player who, went down who was fouled in, this case and the player got up and the other. CENTER back i think It was Rogide And shack moore again where one's applauding the other after the, you know getting helped up and everything's fine and, oh Hey look. I'm cured one of.
Speaker 7: Those, Moments okay so which we want to.
Speaker 1: Talk about you can take all of that last PLAY and micocosm and that's what we'll do to.
Speaker 8: Wrap up, FIRST off, i think as, we know major fouls are events in the attacking phase of play have oftentimes been allowed to go because we it allows us TO.
Speaker 7: With var we can go back and.
Speaker 8: Correct, things now a foul in itself cannot be CORRECTED via va or you're not going.
Speaker 7: To go back and give a foul.
Speaker 8: For that but we also don't want to call a foul prematurely and then an advantage uppeer and a player or a team could go on. And score but there are certain instances where if you, allow advantage then you cannot come back and give maybe a red card for dogso or a yellow card for stopping a. Promising attack if you've given that advantage and the advantage, played out does that?
Speaker 1: Make? Sense yeah so.
Speaker 8: The problem with that is that weighing of what's more important here a card or the found, the advantage, you know and for as late in a game a card DOESN'T really i mean it does something like, later on but in, this game like as, A referee.
Speaker 1: I'm not thinking about, NEXT week i.
Speaker 8: Don't care in this game the advantage and trying to hopefully play on makes.
Speaker 7: More sense if that's answering your question the way.
Speaker 1: It, should yeah is the, so okay is allergies or allergies taking full Advantage, of well bless his.
Speaker 7: Little heart.
Speaker 8: We had a wedding, this, weekend, yes obviously and he was laid up all day yesterday and is probably.
Speaker 1: Similarly. Hurting today oh, all right, All right so we've got the friendly coming up WITH. The uswnt It's At. PayPal park it's going to be. Sold out you'll have eighteen thousand. People there secondary ticket market. Is huge what else is going on with the SOCCER For uspod we'll.
Speaker 8: Have a wrap up of this window, after that because, you know we want to take stock of hopefully two Wins against brazil And the gold that, All rematch so we'll have That hopefully wednesday night and Then.
Speaker 1: By friday get it. To you, SO yeah i don't.
Speaker 8: Know if you also happen to see there's a blog up on soccer down here. Dot net my OPINION about i don't, Do, news john that's not my job specifically chose to not do news in. My Career, my yeah as someone who used to be, A Stringer i i'm going to try to tackle these pro rail THINGS because i think it's a conversation that we need. To have but is trying to do it FROM an, Mls perspective and the first one was acknowledging. That something probably there needs to be some sort, of response maybe not reaction response by the LEAGUE by mls, to, say oh USL's did. A thing how do we maintain? Our status not how do we reclaim it or how do we react TO what? Usl did but there are THINGS that mls does need to evaluate And go there are ways that we can bring in either a more money or be more.
Speaker 1: Eyeballs to the both to.
Speaker 7: The league and so that Is upon soccer down here.
Speaker 1: Dot net so go check that. Out too there, you go, All right so we're getting Ready For atlanta united Two and messy and Uh and messy and Friends To electric boogoloo coming up the top of the hour in. Five minutes you can go over and listen to the. Pregame show here's your promo where you can go and hang out and see one of the wildest or listen to one of the wildest events that we've had here in the last twenty. Four. Hours again so soccer down here dot mixler, Dot com soccer down here. Dot net go to the. Listen tab you'll see a. Flashing light that'll be the live channel. That's up you can go To the mixler App follow soccer, down here follow Us dh who that is all that's going on? Right now, Once again Maddie and jason in An Empty Mercedes benz stadium save for the construction workers off to their right and the play going on below them and anybody else who's there in. Regular work who's gonna watch this the rest of? This matchup picking up at twenty four oh nine in, five minutes so you have a chance to. Go over you can also go to mlsnextpro dot com watch the. Match there maybe you could sync, it up sync up your Experience with Maddie and jason as They're Calling electric boogoloo this morning after a four hour and nineteen minute rain delay Without An andy griffithree run YESTERDAY on, SDH twos i mean On the. Stage network So, He's Bart. I'm john we're out the door because we're gonna go try and figure out what in the wide world of sports is going on with the activity At The benz, later today, Weather permitting I'm At kahala Creek For fort Payn And kohala creek six. O'clock kick it's just the. One match we're in a floodwatch keep an eye on your notifications and figure out if the road trip's gonna happen. Or not so play, it. Safe everybody much, a. Plot y'all at the end of, the show it means we get to do this in a little less than twenty three hours or almost. Twenty two do you want