Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on Jr. R.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Kaufman and Land Injury Attorneys. The NFL season has a high boys.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, how beautiful is it? Huh? NFL football tonight? Great game? Can't wait? Baltimore at Kansas City. Kansas City, by the way, the betting favorite to win the Super Bowl yet again? You know who the favorite is in the other conference, the NFC betting favorite, your Lions, the Meatheads. O. The Meatheads are the betting favorite to get to the super Bowl against the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: So's it's it's Pats Meatheads against my Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Hey, they've been my Chiefs for almost almost ten years now. So I don't want to hear the golfing.
Speaker 3: What point will the Chiefs be running the place at Taylor Swift has drawn up for him?
Speaker 2: Must not have.
Speaker 1: I talked to Chiefs headquarters.
Speaker 2: I was trying to think last night, what's my favorite part about the NFL season? Is it just watching the game, like watching the Dolphins and the Jags? Is it fantasy football? You know? Now you can bet on games legally in Florida, although I don't do that, but I don't know what my favorite part.
Speaker 3: Of my favorite part is when Scott Hansen, the host of NFL Red Zone every Sunday afternoon, just after one o'clock, go's seven hours of commercial free football start now?
Speaker 1: And then what's your other favorite one? The Witching hour you were talking about last Witching I can't forget the Witching hour I've spent.
Speaker 2: I watched the games on the Red Zone channel.
Speaker 1: Now me too, That's what I did the last two seasons.
Speaker 3: My system is watched my game of choice or bounce around. When either of those go to commercial, it's over to Red Zone. No commercials for the lynchure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, although although I will watch, I won't watch the Red Zone channel. When the Jags and Dolphins are playing, I will definitely watch that game. So but we'll talk about that tomorrow. But I am looking forward to it. And after the way the college football season has started, at least for Florida State and Florida, I'm actually more excited about our state NFL teams than I am the state college teams.
Speaker 1: Boy, let's not forget we have the Canes and UCF.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, yes, yeah, I mean you see f We'll see what they look like on Saturday. But speaking of college football, Billy Napier, this guy's just getting hammered. He had to apologize yesterday for the Make Believe. You know, he took a swipe at the Make Belief fan, tweeting out criticism from his mom's basement in rural central Florida. Quote went viral. He had to apologize for it yesterday, saiduous right, it's unbelievable what is going on. But his quote was it was a terrible choice of words. Obviously I didn't explain myself there. Uh, you know, And then he goes on to say I wasn't being critical of our fans. It had nothing to do with that. I really why I had to apologize.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even matter. They're going to run him out of town. Dude, I mean that's right, and Edward's head. You're right, he doesn't have to apologize. Dog, You're absolutely right. Everybody quit being such pussies, and let's just let the guy coach. And if he's if he's gone, if you're firing him, well then do it.
Speaker 1: But let him coach.
Speaker 3: What's the phrase bulldog, the phrase come on in from his phrase what what must be done eventually?
Speaker 2: What must be done eventually, should be done immediately?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Does that apply?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Again, I don't think he should be fired yet. I realized that he lost one game and hasn't had a good tenure. But you gotta give the guy some time. If he wins his next four games, which are possible. He's got Samford this week, that's a win Mississippi State. They can win that one easily. Then they have Texas A and M at home. You see, if at home, those are four winnable games. If he's four and one, nobody's going to be talking about the loser in the basement tweeting out criticism in rural central Florida.
Speaker 3: I would agree with that, But I don't know if I buy into he can get to four and one.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not saying he can. I'm not saying he will. I'm saying he could. I mean, it's not like those teams I just mentioned are vastly superior to Florida, at least talent wise.
Speaker 3: So at least Florida State's off this week.
Speaker 2: The open Date is a two point favorite over the seminoles. By the way, back to the Gators real quick. DJ Lagway, the star freshman, will start the game this week against Samford. Graham Mertz is still in concussion protocol. I gotta tell you, if Dj Lagway looks really good against Samford, which he should, that's a FCS opponent, do you think he ever leaves the starting lineup again?
Speaker 3: Do you want to piss the fans off even more? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Right right, by the way, do you see this NFL story the Washington Commanders who can't get out of their own way. They always have some sort of front office scandal going on. They suspended an employee who made comments. I'm gonna just go read some of the comments that he made about the team's players being anti gay. He accused the Dallas Catboys owner Jerry Jones of being racist and anti gay. So he's been suspended. Do you know where he made these comments? He picked he he went on one of these dating apps, all right, hinge, And I guess he had a date with a woman who turned out to be an undercover reporter. So I guess he's telling her all this stuff and she reports it, got it on tape, and every thing. So wow, Yeah, what's worse this? Be careful on those dating apps, guys.
Speaker 1: I think I think this one's worse. But what's worse this? Or the strip club boat they were on or whatever that was? Remember the cruise? When was that cheerleaders again? That's back in the Daniel Snyder day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I thought you were talking about ways photo shoot.
Speaker 3: Alright, Hey, how about how about your girl Caitlyn Clark? Last night, Doug.
Speaker 2: Man another triple double. She's well, there's a stat. I don't have the stat in front of me, but she became the only rookie in WNBA history with two triple doubles in the season. Twenty four points, ten rebounds, ten assists. The Indiana Fever are read a hot. They've clinched a playoff spot for the first time in eight years. Caitlyn Clark is playing lights out right now. And uh, how do you think the US Olympic Committee feels about leaving your off the team now? Unbelievable. She's the star of the league. She's elevated this morib enfranchise and they still don't like her in the WNBA.
Speaker 1: And she's even more of a star for the way that she responded to them not picking or remember that, or she's like, right, I'm just gonna work harder for next year or next time.
Speaker 3: All right. Mike the Bulldog Biyonchy, host of Open Mic on AMSUM ninety six nine, to the Game weekday mornings on AD Jason Tuss extra props for working in the word moribond and also it takes time out of his show to drop in for the sports page each morning here on j r R. It's brought to you by Kaufin Inland.
Speaker 2: That's right. You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning, seven thirty on FM ninety six nine. In the Game, catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform. Oh Oo on demand to download the iHeartRadio app