Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following is a paid program.
Speaker 1: Wr's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. So this month is Alzheimer's Awareness Month. Alzheimer's is the fastest growing disease. It's going to take over as the number one disease probably within the next ten to twenty years. It's very sad to see someone's brain deteriorate over years. With Alzheimer's, it takes forty years to develop. So some people think that, oh, you know, my memory's going bad just because I'm getting older. No, your memory has been getting bad for forty years, so there's plenty of time for you to reverse it. Don't believe the lie that your memory gets worse with age. That is not true. Your memory can get better with age. You just have to do the work. Everyone always says, oh, kids have the brain of a sponge. They soak everything up. It's because they're always learning. They're always learning new things, doing new activities, meeting new people. It's when we get stuck in the rut of doing the same thing every week, seeing the same people doing the same job, taking the same root to work, eating the same food, everything's the same, then your brain will deteriorate. It'll atrophy. Just like a muscle, you use it or you lose it. Your brain atrophies also, and we could see when we look at imaging that spaces between the different folds of the brain are larger. That's atrophy. Now, we can't tell Alzheimer's until autopsy because at autopsy they cut open the brain and they find these beta amyloid plaques. They're like this glue that interrupts all the signals in the brain. And there's lots of theories of why people get Alzheimer's. You know, some people think it's parasites that are attacking the brain, or a virus or a bacteria, and sometimes that's the case. And why would a parasite or a virus or a bacteria be able to attack the brain, Because usually there's a barrier, it's called the blood brain barrier. That protects your brain from bad stuff because your brain controls everything. So we have this blood brain barrier to protect the brain from the bad stuff. However, if there's inflammation, then the holes to enter the brain become bigger, and now it's easier for viruses, for parasites, for bacteria to attack the brain. So these holes that become bigger, it's called a leaky brain. So when you have inflammation, you're gonna get a leaky brain, and that's gonna make your brain more susceptible to parasites, viruses, bacteria. So your first step to prevent your brain from being attacked from a foreign substance is reduced the inflammation. It's not rocket science. If we shrink those holes, now that blood brain barrier is secure. So we got to reduce the inflammation. How to reduce inflammation, well, there's natural ways to do it. The two best natural ways is resveratrol and tumeric. Resveratrol is found in Japanese not weed, and the skin of red grapes. That's why some people will tell you red wine is good for you. Red wine is not good for you. It's the resveratrol in the skin of the red grapes, but the amount of alcohol you would have to drink to get the benefit of the grapes does not exceed. So therefore it's much better to get resveratrol outside of red wine because the red wine, guess what causes inflammation? Now you got a leaky brain. So you got to measure the risk versus the reward. The matter of is veritral you're gonna get by drinking red wine is not worth the inflammatory consequence. It defeats the purpose. It's like taking antibiotics right after you took probiotics. You're just gonna kill up those by bacteria. Gotta use logic. Okay, So what else causes inflammation? Well, sugar. I gotta reduce sugar. And sugar is everywhere. It's in juice and soda and lemonade. It's in your coffee. It's in your bread. It's in your pasta. It's in your crackers. It's in your oatmeal. It's in your rice. It's in your potatoes. It's in your starches. It's in your toast. It's in your croissant. It's in your cookies. It's in your muffins. It's in your candy. It's everywhere. It's in your sauces, it's in your condiments, it's in your dressings. You know, people think, oh, I'm eating a salad, it's healthy, But then what kind of dressing are you using? Horrible seed oils, lots of sugar, some artificial flavorings, right, so the dressing can make your salad unhealthy, could cause inflammation. What else causes inflammation? Alcohol? Beer, wine, and never have the American wine. The American wine and the American beer are the worst. But any alcohol is going to cause inflammation of the brain. Your morning cup of coffee is going to cause inflammation in the marain, and if you add sugar and creamer, it's even more inflammation. Stress causes inflammation. Emotional stress, physical stress, chemical stress, electromagnetic frequency, stress, radiation. All these things causes inflammation. And when you have inflammation, you're gonna get a leaky brain. And when you get a leaky brain, you're gonna be more susceptible to parasites, viruses, and bacteria. And when parasites, viruses, and bacteria attack the brain, you're more likely to have brain dysfunction. So let's reduce that inflammation so we don't have a leaky brain. The most natural solutions are as veratrol and tumeric, so you could get concentrated forms I like it from apex Energetics. They have the best resveratrol and tumeric to reduce inflammation. But you shouldn't have to take that stuff if you're not causing other inflammatory repercussions from your activities. Dairy is another big inflammatory product. Cheese, yogurt. Don't think yogurt and oatmeal is a healthy breakfast. That's highly inflammatory breakfast yogurt, oatmeal and orange juice. What we've been told is that that's a healthy breakfast. That's probably the worst breakfast you could ever have, is yogurt, oatmeal and orange juice. Add a pizza of toast with butter. Now you've hit it all. That's the worst breakfast you could have. Highly inflammatory. It's the worst way to start your day. You gonna add coffee more inflammation. You gonna add cheese more inflammation. All right, So stop having all these dairy products. Stop having cream cheese and sour cream and ranched saying in Thousand Island and parmesan cheese, and stop having milk products. Stop having dairy, stop having cheese, creams. Gotta stay away from it. It's highly inflammatory. It's gonna make your brain more susceptible to inflammation and dysfunction. They even link dairy products to Parkinson's disease. I've seen a study at a Harvard and I've never seen a study that actually shows dairy has any benefit. Never seen a study that shows if you drink more milk you have less osteoporosis. It doesn't exist. You've been lied to your whole life. Don't believe the lie that milk is good for you. Don't believe the lie that oatmeal is good for you. Don't believe the lie that your memory gets worse with age. They're all lies. You gotta be the one percent. If you are the night, you're gonna end up like the ninety nine percent with Alzheimer's, with obesity, with diabetes, heart disease, cancer, depression, anxiety, weak immune system, autoimmune disease, exema, allergies, heart palpitations, insomnia. That's a typical American. We have one of the most unhealthy countries in the entire world. We're the most medicated, we have the most hospitals, the most doctors, yet we're the sickest country. In fact, doctors are one of the leading causes of death. It's called ayatogenic causes of death. It's technically the third leading cause of death. It's probably first, but it's considered the third because that's the ones that they admit to. But most of the time when people are dying, they don't even admit it. All right, So we got to reduce our inflammation. Electromagnetic radiation causes inflammation. Stop holding your phone next to your head. Stop holding your phone in your shirt or in your pants. You're radiating your brain. It's causing inflammation. Don't sleep with your phone on the night stand next to you. You're literally radiating your brain. Definitely, don't sleep with your phone underneath your pillow. That's the worst thing. And if you need your phone in your room for your alarm clock, turn on airplane mode, no Wi Fi, no five G. Turn on airplane mode to reduce electrical magnetic radiation, which in turn is going to reduce inflammation, which will decrease your chances of getting a leaky brain, which will AIRPI protect your brain from parasites, bacteria, and viruses so that you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migrains, lustre pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kamplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the Doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. This month is Alzheimer's Awareness Month, So let's be aware of the different causes of Alzheimer's disease. One of the big causes is heavy metals, these chemical exposures. We have these heavy metals everywhere. We have aluminum that's in deodorant. We have aluminum that's in medication. There's aluminum in the cooking pans. There's aluminum in the water bottles. There's aluminum foil, aluminum storage, aluminum cans, aluminum in the air. They actually spray aluminum in the air. It's everywhere. We have to reduce aluminum, and you get aluminum in your system just by touching it. Don't touch aluminum foil, don't touch aluminum cans, aluminum pans, don't drink out of aluminum water bottles. You're gonna be literally drinking aluminum. That's gonna cause brain inflammation that's been linked to Alzheimer's disease. Then we got lead, especially in the old houses, that lead in the pipes and the paint in the water. Very scary. How much lead works bosed to very scary. How much aluminum works bosed to. Arsenic Arsenic is in It's in brown rice, Arsenic's in apple juice, cadm and it's in fried chicken when you go out to eat mercury, it's in the fish, it's in those old thermometers, it's in some of the vaccines. It's a funny story about Robert F. Kennedy Junior. He was an environmental lawyer back in the day. He actually helped clean a lot of the water in New York City, which is very good, still pretty dirty, but you know, there was a lot of mercury in the fish. So he used to be really against mercury in the fish about educating people, Hey, you know it's actually causing issues for your health. We know mercury caused a lot of problems. So when he was trying to get the mercury out of the fish, everyone was really supportive of him. He said, oh, thank you so much. But then when he found out there was mercury and vaccines, all of a sudden, he became public enemy number one. They called him anti vax and they, you know, said he's crazy, he's a conspiracy theorist. And he was so confused. He's like, Okay, when I tried to get the mercury out of the fish that we were eating, people were all on my side. Nobody called me anti fish. Everyone was very happy. But once I tried to get mercury out of vaccines, now all of a sudden, everybody hated me. They called me anti acts. But what's the difference. I'm trying to get the mercury out of the fish that people eat, and I'm trying to get mercury out of the medication that people inject into babies. We should be against mercury all the time, but unfortunately, sometimes the pharmaceutical industry is very powerful and they can manipulate the media into making us think certain things by brainwashing us and feeding us these false stories, and we fall for it hook line and sinker. But just know that we don't want mercury. We don't want it in our fish, we don't want it in our shots, and we don't want it in our brain, and definitely don't want it in the butt when they're doing the thermometers. When I was growing up, we do not want mercury. Let's stay away from it. And if you do eat fish, eat the smaller fish they have less mercury. The bigger fish have the most mercury. Whitefish, tuna lots of mercury, the smaller fish, the mackerel, the harring, the sardines, the salmons, less mercury. Eat smaller fish that's healthier. And don't eat fish from the Pacific Ocean because of the Japan nuclear meltdown that happened over a dozen years ago. Start eating your fish from the Atlantic, from Mediterranean, Icelandic, Norwegian, but not Alaskan salmon, not you know, fish from China and Japan, and not fish from the Pacific Ocean in California. We want it from the other side, less radiation. Okay, So we're gonna stay away from the mercury, gonna stay away from the arsenic, cadmium, lead, aluminum, and we can get all these natural products. Also, stay away from the fluoride. Florides in the water. Florid's in the tooth, based florid's at the dentists. It's more brain inflammation. Fluoride's the number one known neurotoxin. Yet we're giving it to our babies. We're giving them mercury, giving them lead, giving them a caman. Why are we giving all our babies all these inflammatory foods? And then we wonder why their brain's inflamed and why they have autism and add and tourettes and dyslexia and Aspergers, and they have depression anxiety. These kids are the sickest they've ever been, more neurological diseases, more autoimmune diseases, more allergies, more gut problems, more cognitive, more behavioral than adverb before they're even getting diabetes. As kids adult onset diabetes, and diabetes is one of the number one causes of alzheim disease. In fact, some clinics like the Mayo Clinic, have called Alzheimer's disease diabetes type three. That's how closely related diabetes is to Alzheimer's. So if you have diabetes at forty, you're pretty much getting Alzheimer's by eighty. If you have diabetes at thirty, your memory is gonna start going at sixty seventy years old. And do not take those diabetes medications ozembic to lose weight, people are getting really sick. That gets rid of all your muscle doesn't get rid of the fat. Don't believe that lie that it gets rid of fat. It doesn't. Diet and exercise, nutrition, sleep, stress reductions get rid of fat. Ozembic gets rid of muscle. Guess what's a muscle, Your heart, your stomach. Instance you become weak, your brain becomes weak, your heart becomes weak, your gut becomes weak. Yeah, you might lose your uh some weight, but you're losing muscle mass and you can become weak and fragile. It's very dangerous. When you lose weight the natural way, you lose eighty percent fat and twenty percent muscle. When you lose weight with ozebic and those diabetes medications, you lose eighty percent muscle and only twenty percent fat, and that causes brain inflammation as well. We got to reduce brain inflammation. Stop having these chemicals. Our foods are full of chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, round up glafe of state. It's been linked to cancer, but it definitely causes brain inflammation. Gotta get rid of those plastics. Don't store your food in plastics. As soon as you get home, take it out of those plastic bags, store it in glass and stainless steel. Wash it in a bowl with baking so on a vinegar to take off all the bad chemicals, and then store it in glass or stainless steel. Our food is full of chemicals. Our cleaning products are full of chemicals. Start going old school. Use some vinegar, use baking soda, lemon, so many natural products. Yeah, and throw it. You want to use. Coca cola actually cleans a lot of stuff, cleans your toilet bowl, So don't drink coca cola. Use it to naturally clean instead of using all these chemicals that you're going to inhale. Your laundry detergent is toxic. Dryer sheets are toxic. Your dishwasher detergent is toxic. Those all those smell things, the fabrize, the glade, the plug ins, the candles, the incense, the perfumes, all these smells, these deodorants, these fragrances. Don't ever put anything on your body. It says fragrance. That's a toxic chemical. All these soaps with fragrance, and shampoos with fragrance, and conditioners with fragrance, and oh my god, all these products, lotions, creams, they all have fragrance to make you smell good, but it's toxic. Chemicals causes brain inflammation. If you want, you know, your house to smell nice, get some natural potpourri or some essential oils with a diffuser I like either doTerra or your Young Living. You can get some good natural smells that aren't toxic, that don't cause inflammation. You could get natural cleaning products. You could get natural beauty products. You could use cocoa butter and shade butter. If you have dry skin, you could use coconut oil. Don't use the suntan lotions. Those are the most toxic chemical on the planet, are sunscreen, suntann lotions. They could literally get rid of magic marker. They're destroying our health. They're one of the biggest causes of skin cancer. We think we're putting on these protective sunscreens and suntan lotions, but they're actually causing skin cancer. So stop putting so many chemicals on your body. Just go old school soap and water. Use an olive oil based soap and I just choose water. That's it. To use baking soda as deodorant. Keep it neat and clean. You'll reduce your inflammation and you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss Boost your brain Power with Doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve, call two one two six one two one five zero or email info at kaplinbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost to brain power. This month is Alzheimer's Awareness Month, and we're always looking for ways to prevent Alzheimer's. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Don't wait till your memory starts going bad to start working on it. There's early signs that can tell you if you're going to be more prone to Alzheimer's. One of the first signs is loss of smell. If your smell is gone, that's making you more susceptible to Parkinson's Alzheimer's, So the smell test is very important. The most common smell test is a peanut butter test, So usually people have a little can of peanut butter, so just open it up, kind of hold it far away from you, give a big smell and see if you could still smell that peanut butter. And you got to identify it too. So smell is very important for brain functioning because it goes directly into your frontal cortex and that could lead to frontal temporal dementia. So we always got to check our smell. Very very important to see if you're at risk for any neurological disorders. There's a test you could take. It's called the Mocha Test MOCA. You could download it for free online, but we do it at our offices. Most neurologists do it. It's pretty standard tests cognitive tests to see if you have any membrane problems, and you need to get at least a twenty six out of thirty. If you have less than twenty six, that means you already have cognitive problems. That's already deteriorated, so you better start immediately, all right, But even if you do have a good normal score at thirty, you want to work on your brain, right. Don't you brush your teeth every day? You don't wait till you get a cavity or you need surgery or root canal. Start brushing your teeth. You brush your teeth, and you floss, and you water pick every day to prevent dental problems. You exercise and eat healthy to prevent heart disease. You reduce radiation, stress, and sugar to prevent cancer. Don't wait till you have cancer to start working on it. Don't wait till you have a heart attack or stroke to start working on it. Don't wait till you have memory problems to start working on it. Start working on it now. The best day to plant a tree with yesterday. The next best day is today, So just start today. Challenge your brain. The most important number one way to reduce Alzheimer's is novelty. You have to do new things, things that you've never done before in your life. Every day, do something new. Unfortunately, most people are creatures of habits. They don't want to get out of their comfort levels. They want to do what is normal to them. But let's think outside the box. Let's go to new places. Let's do new activities. Let's meet new people, Let's learn new things. Let's join new groups. Let's take a new class. Let's learn a new skill, take on a new sport, a new hobby, a new habit. Start sculpting or painting or drawing, or writing poetry, or taking musical instrument, or join a book club, or you know, learn a new language, learn a new instrument. I don't care what it is. But do something new. I don't care. If you take off your left shoe and walk backwards while whistling Dixie. You've never done it before. Take thirty seconds and do something you've never done. You gotta you gotta be uncomfortable. You gotta struggle a little bit. You gotta be okay falling down and failing. You're not gonna be good at everything. In fact, when you're not good at things, that makes your brain work harder. The more uncomfortable, the bigger the struggle, the more your brain has to work. If it comes too easy, and your brain's not working, and it's gonna tate, it's gonna atrophy like a muscle. You're not gonna go to the gym and do weight lifting with a pencil. There's no struggle, there's no challenge. You're not uncomfortable. You're not gonna gain any muscle mass. If you want to improve your memory, you gotta challenge it. How about you remember somebody's phone number? Challenge yourself. How about you remember directions instead of using the GPS, Challenge yourself. Don't google everything, try and use your brain. Don't YouTube everything, try and use your brain. People who use the tech technology for everything chat GPT, you're gonna get digital dementia where you rely on the computer, your cell phone, your iPad too much, and now your brain deteriorates, and now you're more likely to get Alzheimer's. You use it or you lose it. You got to exercise your brain. You gotta challenge it. When you go to the supermarket, you know, write a list of twenty things that you gotta buy and remember that list. When you go to a party, you say, I'm gonna remember ten people's names, and you come up with some story to remember their name, maybe a song that their name is, maybe a movie character, maybe a relative, maybe a political figure. I don't care what the connection is, but make a connection so you'll remember those names. Stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about using your memory. Your memory has to be challenged. The more we use technology, the weaker your brain becomes. So you gotta purposely challenge it. You got to put that effort in. But the more effort you put in, the quicker you'll get there. And how else are you going to get more blood flow and oxygen for your memory to improve? While you could do hyperbaric oxygen chamber, and that's really good to get oxygen into the brain. Physical exercise I like HIT high intensity interval training where you run really fast for like a fifty yard dash, then you walk a little bit, then you run, then you walk, then you run, then you walk. That helps blood flow into the brain. Same thing with the oxygen. We give you a lot of oxygen, then take it away, a lot of oxygen. Take it away, a lot of oxygen, take it away. That pumps the oxygen to the brain. You gotta get rid of your sedentary lifestyle. The more sedentary are, the less oxygen into your brain. I call it the twenty rule. Never sit for more than twenty minutes. Ever, you have to get up every twenty minutes. You gotta put an alarm, and it doesn't have to be for long. Just for twenty seconds. Do twenty jumping jacks, twenty squads, twenty lunges, you know, twenty sit to stand, twenty shoulder rolls, twenty push ups, twenty sit ups, twenty pull ups, twenty steps. Just move your body for twenty seconds and then you could go back down. The worst thing is sitting. Sitting is the new smoking, So never sit for more than twenty minutes. You gotta move your body. You gotta get your oxygen blood flow into your brain. Your brain needs lots of oxygen. So if you're inside a lot, get some oxygen producing plants, snake plants, spider plants, all of it, era plants, money plants. Those are oxygen producing plants. But go outside, Go in the woods, Go in the forest, Go in the jungle, go near the plants, go to the park. Get as much oxygen as possible. You can get an oxygen concentrator for home. But find some exercise that you like, maybe some sports, basketball, soccer, tennis, pickleball. Get something that gets you outside. Get your exercise, get your body move and that's going to get blood flow to the brain. The best sports for your brain are racket sports, tennis, racquetball, badminton, squash, pickleball, even ping pong get a ping pong table. Racket sports are great for the brain. Boxing is also great for the brain. Now not competitive boxing where you're getting punched in the head. That's really bad for the brain. But in boxing, you know, hitting the bag, you know, going left and right and hitting the target, very very good for the brain. Good aerobic exercise as well, good strengthening exercise. Make sure you do weights also. Weights are very important. Weights are a mood stabilizer. You actually have anxiety or depression, Lifting weights is one of the best things you could do. You got a walking pharmacy in your muscles, but you got to use it. We need weight resistant exercise. That's also good for your hormones. I see a lot of men with testosterone issues, low testosterone, low libido, you know, erectile dysfunction, and we got to get that testosterone up. You know, we gotta have them lift weights. We have to have them get rid of the plastics. Those are endocrine disruptors. Soy and tofu are endocrine mess up your testosterone. You could eat beats are very good, the maca root very good. And also I was reading some research that you could actually dip your testicles in ice water. That helps to boost your libido, boost your sperm count, helps to get some blood flow to your male organs, which helps with impotence, helps with getting a big erection, helps reverse a rectile dysfunction. Ice water is good, so you could do it in your testicles and do it on your face. Very good for stress reduction. So you want to dip your head in a bucket of ice water that's fifty degrees fahrenheit. If you have any anxiety, if you're getting heart palpitations, you're getting tachycardia, you get an anxiety attack, panic attack. One of the best things to do is dip your face in a bucket of ice water that's fifty degrees fahrenheit, and that'll help you to function better, deal better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplin, you can call his team at two oh one to two six it's one two zero, or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. This month is Alzheimer's Awareness Month, and we want to do whatever we can to decrease the suffering and prevent Alzheimer's disease. Unfortunately, we can't diagnose it until autopsy, where they cut open the brain and they find these beta amyloid plaques. However, there are lots of things you can do now to prevent getting Alzheimer's. One of the most important things that's not talked about enough is sleep. We need to get good sleep because when you sleep, that's when your brain cleans. Is you have these glial cells. They're like the nurses of the brain, and when you go to sleep, they clean out your brain. They clean out the viruses, the parasites, the bacteria, the beta amyloid plaques, They clean out the heavy metals, they clean out the mold, They clean out the yeast and the sugar and all the stuff that aggravates the brain. We love these glial cells, we want lots of them. But we need to rest, we need to heal, We need to go to bed. So the best way to accomplish this is through intermittent fasting. With intermittent fasting, we eat only from ten am to six pm, so you eat for eight hours. Now you have sixteen hours of no food. Now that makes the glial cells job easier because now they could cleanse. They don't have to work so hard. The less time you put in food, the easier it is to cleanse. So we want to eat from ten am to six pm. That's intermittent fasting. Then it correlates with our sleep. Now we want to sleep from ten pm to six am. So you're eating for eight hours and you're sleeping for eight hours. That means you have four hours in the morning before you eat, and then you have four hours in the evening from your last meal to bedtime. The worst thing is eating at night. If you eat at eight o'clock at night, ooh boy, Now you're gonna increase cortisol. You're going to interrupt your sleep. Your glio cells aren't going to function. You're gonna be more likely to get Alzheimer's. The reason we eat is for energy. Why do you want energy at night? We want to sleep at night. We want to heal at night. We want to oxygen eate at night. We want to cleanse at night. We want to detox at night. We want our glile cells to get rid of all the junk in our brain. But we need to sleep from ten to six when it's dark. You don't want to sleep from twelve midnight to eight in the morning. The sun has already been up for a few hours. We got to get up early. The early bird catches the worm. So we want to go to bed early and wake up early. That's how your brain functions best. And we got to clean our brain cells by doing intermittent fasting and going to bed early. And also, not only do we not want to eat after six pm, we don't want to have electronics after six pm because that increases cornosol, which is the stressful hormone that's going to interrupt your sleep. Right if it's eight o'clock at night, you're on the TV, the computer's on, you're scrolling through your cell phone, all the lights are on, you're snacking on the couch. Your brain thinks it's daytime and it's not gonna cleanse the brain like it needs. We need to relax at night. Let us listen to some classical music, read a nice book, maybe play a board game, do a jigsaw puzzle, maybe listen to a good podcast, Maybe even talk to a family member, take the dog for a walk, maybe do some organizing, clean your closet. We don't need to be watching Netflix and Disney and Hulu and I don't know all this streaming stuff every night. We don't have to be watching the Nicks and the Yankees. We don't have to be on the computer on Facebook and Instagram and TikTok and snapchat. We're gonna be on the computer on YouTube watching videos. Let's pretend, like you know, there's no electricity. What would you do without electricity? So after six, no more electricity. If you want your brain to heal, if you want those glio cells to work, if you want to prevent dementia, if you want to prevent Alzheimer's, if you don't care and you want to pour quality of life, and you want to ruin your family's life, that has to take care of you. Because you were selfish and you didn't take care of your body. Now other people have to help you go about and do it. If you want to be a responsible person, take care of your body. Get off your butt, start exercising, Start eating healthy, start going to bed early, Start giving a charity. Stop eating all these carrible foods. Avoid heavy metals, bring down your inflammation. Eat real food from the earth. Avoid all these plastics stored in plastics and cans and bags. Well, this processed foods, these preservatives and food dies and artificial flavors gotta stay away. You gotta be strong. You could do it. You could be the one percent. The percent, Yeah, their brains are getting worse with age. If you're the one percent and you're the one that says, hey, I don't need that coffee anymore every morning. I don't need that glass of wine every night. I don't need cheese. I can eat real food. I can eat fruits which are nice and sweet. I can eat vegetables. I can eat nuts and seeds, and I can have good organic chicken and turkey and eggs and meat. You can eat real food like hunter gatherers have don for thousands of years until the agricultural revolution, until they started making all these bread products and wheat products and farming and dairy products. That's when we became really inflamed. All right. So not only do we need good sanitation so we don't get bacteria and viruses, but we also need clean food. We also need clean air and a decrease pollution. We need clean water. We really need high duty water filters. You can get reverse osmosis, and then when you drink your water, make sure you put a pinch of salt in there. Celtic Sea salt because it has eighty six minerals and that helps to absorb the water. You don't want to just drink water and pee it out. Most people are dehydrated, even people who drink water because they're drinking from these plastic water bottles and they're just peeing it out. It's no good. Get a reverse osmosis, get a good filter, put in some salt. Only drink out of glass or stainless steel. And we don't want brain inflammation. How do you know if you have brain inflammation? While the best test is called a qEEG brain mapping, we're gonna give a gift. This brain mapping tells us. Do you have white matter inflammation, you have even intestinal inflammation, you have a thyroid problem. Do you have heavy metal poisoning? Do you have a concussion? You have you know pathology such as parasite, bacteria, viruses. Do you have troubles with sleep? Do you have troubles with memory and focus? Do you have troubles with anxiety depression? You have visual problems, hearing problems, balance problems, posture problems, troubles, difficulties shifting task or motivation, or depression, anxiety. So this measures your brain waves in a natural way with no radiation and no contrast flud to pick up where the abnormal brain waves are. It's called a qEEG brain mapping. It's normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email, you could get this brain mapping for only twenty one dollars. The phone number is six four six two two one, six seven three eight. The email is info at Kaplanbrain and body dot com. We're gonna give another gift. It's called a VNG or a VOG. Videoociolography measures your eye movements, goes fast and slow, and up and down and left and right, and it goes in dark and lightness, and with head movements and with all these different brain tests and can tell us which areas of the brain are overactive. And that could affect your sleep or anxiety or ADHD, or you get panic or you worry, or your mind's raising a million miles per hour, you get heart palpitation, shortness of breath. This test will also tell us which areas are underactive. You might have fatigue, depression, low motivation, overweight, slow metabolism, can't organize, poor punctuality, everything is underactive. The VOG picks that up at it they'll tell us is at the right side, Is it the left side? It'll tell us is it the frontal, the parietal, the cerebellum. So it breaks down all the different areas of the brain, even the brain stem. We could tell if there's an autonomic dysfunction, there's an issue with the vegas, narrative, the sympathetic, the parasympathetic. I love this VNG the VOG. There's no radiation, there's no contrast fluid only takes about twenty minutes, Super easy to do. You just have to wear these goggles and follow the red dot. This test is also normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you could get the VOG for only two twenty one dollars. Again, the number to call our text six four six two two one sixty seven three eight, or you can email info at caplinbraininbody dot com. The last gift we're giving is a one on one with me where I go over your EEG, I go over your VNG, VOG. If you have blood work, I'll go over that. If you have oris cash games, We'll go over that, and then I'll do my own test. I'll listen to your lungs. Listen to your heart, your gut. I'll check out your memory, your balance, your range of motion, will check out, your coordination, will check out how you respond to lights and sounds, your eyes, your ears, your circulation, your oxygen. It's a full physical and neurological evaluation. Takes about forty five minutes. There's no pain, there's no radiation. It's normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or email, you could get the one on one with me for only twenty one dollars. And if you want all three, just say all three tests for twenty one dollars each. The number to call our text is six four six two two one sixty seven three eight, or the email is info at Caplombrain and Body dot com. You could go to our website, Caplin DC to get more information about our offices in New York City and New Jersey, as well as our virtual types of therapies. If you're far away, we could also see you. If you want to purchase my book, it's called Boost Your Brain Power, A Guide to Improving your Memory and focus. You can get that on Amazon. When you spell brain Power, just make sure it's one word, and if you're on social media, you could go on Facebook. Our page is Caplin Brain and Body. On YouTube, our videos are at Caplan Brain and Body. On Instagram, We're at Caplan Brain Body and we're also on TikTok at doctor Eric Caplan. So you can join us on social media, like comments, subscribe, follow, get your notifications, get my book, sign up for the twenty one dollars email. Keep listening to the show. If you want to listen to the old shows, just go on the archives, go on your the website. You can go on and look up my show. I'm doctor Eric Caplan. You're listening to boost your brain power. This way will prevent any neurological diseases, improve your quality of life so you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You just listen to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss Boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email info At Kaplan brainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with Doctor, kaplan or visit kaplandc dot com for more. Information the preceeding was a paid. Program war's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas.
Speaker 1: Expressed the proceeding was a paid. Podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas.
Speaker 3: Expressed