Speaker 1: You may remember Juanita, who is a regular staff writer and also video contributor to the show, and she would send us rants and I said, I want to see a video, So she videoed a rant about it was very funny a couple of weeks ago, so we said, do it again. So, without further ado, here is, if I can pull up the right tab, here is Juanita's rant for this week.
Speaker 2: Hey y'all, Hey, I'm back.
Speaker 3: Had a busy weekend, had all the family over for the holidays, and it's Wednesday and I'm still cleaning up from when they were here.
Speaker 2: Sounds up a bitches.
Speaker 3: Anyway, back with another video of random shit that just gets on my nerves. So every Friday for my family is usually a restaurant day. So we usually all either pick a restaurant that we want to eat from and we go get food, or we all eat pick one restaurant we all eat from the same restaurant. So this past Friday it was KFC, So I figured, okay, I haven't had KFC, while I can go with some KFC. So I get to the drive through. I'm not going to out out the one that I'm talking about. I should, but I'm not so. I usually don't go to this particular one because in the past I've had bad experiences with them. The food is cold, I'll ask for this, they'll give me that whatever. But because of the fact that I was in the neighborhood, I figured i'd go to that one.
Speaker 2: So get through the drive through.
Speaker 3: There's two cars ahead of me, and they weren't at the speaker that long. It was like they were there two seconds, they were gone. I'm like, okay, maybe they didn't order that much.
Speaker 2: So it's my turn.
Speaker 3: I get to the speaker. The girl goes, hello, A welcome to KFC. How may I help you?
Speaker 2: I said, yes, I would like a bucket of twenty four family meal with mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits and.
Speaker 1: Coleslaw Solid choice. Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was quite a bit of a part. Then all of a sudden she comes down and says, we're out of chicken? What and look back at the sign to make sure I was at the right place KFC. Does KFC not stand for Kentucky Fried Chicken? So I asked her. I said, excuse me, we're out of chicken.
Speaker 2: How the fuck are you out of chicken?
Speaker 3: On Friday at one o'clock in the afternoon. Oh you seal is chicken, chicken legs, chicken thighs, chicken breasts, chicken wings, chicken nuggets, chicken tenders, chicken pot pie.
Speaker 2: How the fuck are you out of chicken?
Speaker 3: That doesn't make any sense, So she proceeds to say, well, we got chicken nuggets.
Speaker 2: We got that. I don't want a chicken nugget. I asked for a twenty four piece meal.
Speaker 3: So she says they don't have any chicken, but I can wait for the chicken to be fried.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, how long is the wait? It's a two hour weight?
Speaker 3: Since when does it fucking take twenty two hours to fry twenty four pieces of chicken?
Speaker 2: What do you gotta pluck it first?
Speaker 3: This is why I don't like going to that KFC. I'm done with that one. I will not go back at How the hell do.
Speaker 2: You run out of chicken? As all?
Speaker 3: You freaking sell that shit pisces me off. Well that was my episode of this week's rant. I hope you guys have a good day.
Speaker 2: I love you bye.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jannita, I love that one. Thank you so much for your rant. I used to have a girlfriend, Lisa, who worked at KFC, and she would run out of chicken. She worked the night shift, like the closing shift till eleven o'clock or whatever. Sure, and they would only make enough chicken to meet their projection of how much they would sell because they didn't want to have, like, you know, thirty eight pounds of leftover chicken at the end of the night. So many times, probably about half the time, Lisa would say, yeah, it wasn't any fun or they didn't have a good night. We ran out of chicken, and people were pissed. And I was like, Juan need of a degree, how the fuck do you run out of chicken? But it's because they don't make more than they project that they will sell. It doesn't make you feel it. And one o'clock in the afternoon, How the fuck? I love how she uses that word so freely. How the fuck do you run out of chicken? But they must have had a big lunch rush.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it must have apparently a huge one. I didn't realize people still really went to KFC and all the chicken places.
Speaker 1: That's kind of sad because KFC is not people's really first choice anymore. It used to be the only choice, and there was Popeyes. Now there's Canes and Chick fil A. And in the Apple Valley on one corner there is a Cane's, Chick fil A, and a KFC. Nobody is there all.
Speaker 4: Four and yeah, Chick fil A, Canes, KFC, and Popeyes. I remember I'm saying that it was like the four way tie here.
Speaker 1: I think, so. Yeah, And so my son in law, Justin he goes sometimes I'll just go by KFC because I feel sorry for him.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, I kind of get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you're feeling sorry for a big corporation, but at the same time, I feel bad for the people that are working there, going, we only had three people come in for lunch today.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, right, those sixteen year olds are like hyped. I was on my phone the whole whole.
Speaker 1: Time, I guess. But also, you don't want to close it down and lose their job. But I guess that's another one. There's a Burger King in chan Hassen that sits part way between forty one and Galpin. I never ever see anybody at Burger King. Do you Bailey or Jenny ever go to Burger King? Anymore. I do not.
Speaker 4: I have, really, you've never been ever.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I have only probably because it was the only option within a thirty mile span on a road trip or.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, same. I think that's the only reason I would go. I always choose McDonald's or like Wendy's or like Culver's. Yes, those are the places I go. And if I had to pick chicken, I would always pick Canes. I wouldn't pick.
Speaker 1: Some people say Canes is overrated. I think it's actually really really good. I think Chick fil a is good too. I still love chicken McNuggets for McDonald's. I was at the Denver airport the other day and one of my traditions when I fly home is I get chicken McNuggets with the hot mustard sauce. And they're not the best chicken. They're not. They taste just like they did when you were a kid. They're not that good, but they're good enough and they're predictable.
Speaker 4: I think they're great.
Speaker 5: Also, I have always dipped my chicken McNuggets in honey. And I was just at Fletcher's the other night and got chicken tenors and the lady's like, oh can I get you anything. I was like, do you have honey, and she's like, honey mustard. I go honey. She goes, do you mean honey mustard?
Speaker 1: I go, no, hont honey.
Speaker 4: She's like hmm, I'll go check.
Speaker 5: And then she comes back she goes, yeah, I guess I remember eating these with my McDonald's nuggets back in the day, and I was like, yeah, it's like I'm a child, but that's like all I eat my chicken with is honey.
Speaker 1: You know what that that works for you. I get annoyed when I go to McDonald's and I get I want hot mustard sauce, period yep. And sometimes they hear me wrong and they give me honey mustard sauce. And to me, you might as well spit in my nuggets because I don't want I don't want that. I want mustard. Okay, let's move on. Thank you, jan Nita. Let me go with the correct tab and open up another one. Let's try this one. Good morning to my first choice morning show. Thank you. Speaking of Bailey smuggling Wieners, says Krystal, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Smuggling Witers into the putting hot dogs in my belt? Loops and smuggling the men.
Speaker 1: A couple of years ago, we were in the security line waiting to get into the Vikings game. Guy in front of us was wearing bib overalls. They found in one of his pockets two homemade breakfast sandwiches wrapped in paper towels. After consulting with one another, the security team decided, we got no idea what to do with us, and we waved him through. So Bailey might just have a chance with hot dogs in her clear bag. That's funny that the guy made a couple of homemade breakfast sandwiches. It's almost cute and endearing. You picture of guy's wearing overalls might be kind of a country bumpkin doesn't want to spend extra money and doesn't realize you're not supposed to bring your own food in. But I don't think there's a rule against bringing it into the Vikings game.
Speaker 4: How did they catch it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Were they wrapped in foil? Is that with like the simpkins napkins? Well then how would they know? Like, oh these look that's so weird. I would why would they pat me down? I would just want to I want to smuggle the stuff in. But I don't want to be caught. I don't want anyone to see them smuggling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I think that was funny. I'm wondering the same, Crystal says. I'm wondering if anybody has any vacation traditions, like something you always eat a drink, you always get to stop, you always have to make Do you always seek out botanical gardens? Last thing we did?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Last thing we're always looking for is a new bake. Oh, I'm sorry. Lately the thing we are always looking for is a new bakery. Even on vacation, we are early risers and out of the hotel by eight for sure. Food for thought, does a straw have one hole or two? Well, it's one long hole. If you dug a hole through the center of the Earth and it came out in China, would you say it is two holes? No, it is one hole. Straw has one hole for a long, thin hole. Any vacation traditions, I will only say, we love our fast food stops in the middle of nowhere, Nebraska, or middle of nowhere wherever we are, and we forgive all of our healthy eating.
Speaker 4: Mistake on vacation, Like you don't need to eat healthy.
Speaker 1: Love fast food, yeah so love fast food, Taco Bell, Burger, King, whatever. On vacation. That's the only tradition I can think of. Jenny.
Speaker 5: Mine would be on a road trip. We always get our road trips, and it's the only time I ever eat the frosted animal cookies, those pink and whitelas, they are my favorite. And then I'm just always so into finding coffee shops, so I always do my research on coffee shops ahead of time. And it could be like not the best coffee, but if like the esthetic is there, I'm pleased that I went there, you know, I'm excited to have tried a new coffee shop.
Speaker 4: I don't go on a lot of vacations in general, but when I used to work for Disney, we would get free tickets to Disney World, and every time I went, which was actually quite often, I would book my returning flight home into the late afternoon so that I could spend the morning just walking around Magic Kingdom by myself, seeing all of the stage shows, maybe meeting guests on maybe meeting a princess, and then slowly walking out on Main Street backwards and watching the castle disappear around the corner because I'd be like, I need to soak this in as much as I can. So that was the one thing that I did over and over and over again. But other than that, I don't travel a lot.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't think you do. No, I don't know that I even have one more that might have been it. Let me check and see. Yeah, that was pretty much. It a very very slow day for emails on the Minnesota Goodbye, but we appreciate them. Thank you, je Nita. We'll hope for another rant from you next week, and if you want to send in anything, send it into Ryan's show at kdiwb at dot com for the Minnesota Goodbye