Speaker 1: It's night with Dan Ray on Deli Fleas, Boston's Radio. Well, eight days from now, at this hour, the election, for all intents and purposes, twenty four will be over. Meeting the presidential elections, the Senate races, the House of Representative races, and local elections in all fifty states, it will be over. We have lots scheduled coming up later this week. We're going to talk tomorrow night with Spencer Kimball, the Emerson College pollster. He's a great pollster. See what he is seeing in these final days. We'll talk with Dave Paale Logus on Wednesday night, Suffolk pollster. Dave does also polling for USA. Today we'll talk to hopefully John Zogby all the pollsters and get a sense of where we are. If you follow the polls as I do, it can be pretty confusing, and I'm not in a position where I'm going to predict or make any projections. I do follow five thirty eight, which is a very comprehensive polling side. I'm sure some of you out there are interested in this subject. I'd like to look at a development in twenty twenty four that I, frankly have never seen before. And I would like to get some input from you on this. The Washington Post announced over the weekend or late last week that they were not going to endorse anyone for president, which I think is perhaps the first time that Washington Post has not endorsed in a presidential candidate. The Washington Post considers himself looking in an article from The Boston Globe written by Aiden Ryan, which was updated yesterday. So the Washington Post decision not to endorse the presidential candidate less than two weeks before the presidential election, a decision reportedly made by billionaire owner Jeff Bezos, has set off a firestorm of criticism in the media world. Now, I think that newspapers have a right to endorse or not endorse. I don't know that newspaper endorsements carry as much weight as they once did. The Boston Globe, if they haven't already endorsed Vice President Harris, I'm sure they will in the next few days. My suspicion is that probably the Boston Herald will endorse Donald Trump, just like the New York Times will Vice President Harris. But the Los Angeles Times, which is also a huge newspaper with a huge footprint, across the country has chosen not to endorse anyone either of the presidential candidates this year. That coming against the backdrop of the decision of the Teamsters not to endorse. I'm sure all of you remember Sean O'Brien's appearance at the Republican Convention. He asked to speak at the Democratic Convention. He was denied that opportunity. And then, even though I guess the rank and file Teamsters members had endorsed had said that they preferred Donald Trump over Vice President Harris, the Teamsters decided not to endorse anyone. But even more importantly, earlier this month, it was announced on October third that the International Association of Firefighters was not going to endure US. So this is an interesting trend in twenty twenty four when we have these two very interesting candidates, Donald Trump, former president, who has made a I don't know how to describe it other than say, remarkable comeback. I felt he could win the nomination if he wanted to win the nomination, but I didn't feel that he was a viable candidate in November. He's proven me wrong on that. I think he very well might be elected the forty seventh president. Of the United States, something that the only other person who did that was Grover Cleveland, to serve not two non consecutive terms. There are plenty of presidents who get elected and then re elected. You can think of Bill Clinton, think of Ronald Reagan, think of Dwight Eisenhower, think of Franklin Roosevelt, who was elected, reelected four times and served well, it was little more than twelve years, almost thirteen years as president before he died in office. So I'm interested. Why do you think this year, with an incumbent vice president and a controversial Republican presidential candidate, the race is very close according to all the pollsters, although some would argue that Donald Trump is doing much better than he did Visa VI Joe Biden in twenty twenty or Hillary Clinton in twenty sixteen. I just think it's interesting why newspapers in this country and I don't know. The only two that I know of the Washington Post in the LA Times, and I would bet you that there's probably many other smaller newspapers in the country who will follow that trend and say we're going to sit on the sidelines. Now. I know that Marty Baron, who's been a guest in this program was very upset with this. Marty Baron, former Boston Globe editor, and also he's the executive editor at the Post under Bezo under Jeff Bezos, said in a social medium quoting now from a global article. Baron said in a social media post on Friday that the decision at the Post was quote cowardness with democracy as its casualty unquote. Now I can understand Marty Lewis rather Marty Baron feeling that way. The chief executive executive of the Post and publisher, Will Lewis said in a statement to the Globe that Bezo's quote was not sent, did not read, and did not opine on any draft unquote of an endorsement, and that the Post is quote an independent newspaper and should support our reader's abilities to make up their own minds unquote. So that's kind of an interesting position for the Post to take, I think, and not an unreasonable position. The Post has always, or at least at least in recent years, been consider to be a pretty predictable liberal newspaper, similar to the Boston Globe, similar to the New York Times, but it's decided not to endorse. How significant is that in your mind that the post that the LA Times that the Teamsters and the International Association of Firefighters, the Teamsters and the Firefighters represent a lot of voters. And does that mean that the Teamsters members and the fire fighters will feel able since their union leadership did not endorse one of the other candidates, to not be compelled to follow the union leadership. I think they could. Either of these could make a difference in this campaign. And I just want to open up the phone lines. I want to talk about it. I want to talk about how you see this election evolving. We're eight days away and the experts are telling us it's still too close to call. But there are some signs that I think can be read by either candidate optimistically. But there's only going to be one winner next Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, Thursday. I will continue to say I hope it's a decisive victory for either one of the candidates, because we cannot go through in this country what we went through in twenty twenty, either from the point of view of the Republicans who felt disenfranchised or the Democrats who felt the Republicans were acting childlessly childlike. So, uh, let me open up the phone lines six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. What do you read it too? These non endorsements? Why are big powerful institutions stepping back? Love to know what you think about that and what is your sense as to where this this election is headed? With eight days left, I watched some of the nightly newscast tonight. There was some really stupid comments made by some comedian who spoke at the Trump rally last night at Madison Square Garden, and ABC News built their lead story about this stupid joke by this stupid comedian, which the Trump campaign has distanced themselves from. But the bias of ABC News has just become more and more obvious night after night and grasping its straws. I mean, what did they expect Donald Trump to do to rip the guy off the stage? First of all, the guy was an idiot for the joke. The joke wasn't even funny, it was a It was certainly a racist joke in my opinion, which if I didn't know better, I would say the guy was looking to sabotage the Trump campaign. Sixty six seven nine thirty. Coming right back on night Side. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio. All right, so I want to talk a little politics here. It's eight days, eight days from now. Eight days from now, we conceivably could know who the next president is the president is. I would hope, to be really honest with you, I would hope that we would have a clear winner. I don't think we need a race that is never going to be agreed upon. I obviously have my own thoughts as to which candidate is more qualified, which candidate will do a better job, and I won't. I'm more interested in your thoughts. But I hope that whether you are a Trump supporter or a Harris supporter, you will see the benefit of a clear and convincing victory, because I don't want to go through. If you remember, in twenty twenty, Joe Biden was not declared the winner finally until I think on Saturday. If you recall, matter of fact, I remember it very clearly that people in Washington.
Speaker 2: D C.
Speaker 1: There were some they were waiting and waiting and waiting, and there was no winner until four days, which I don't understand unless it's just so tight. But I don't know the country can stand another rerun of a twenty twenty election. I don't believe so, so my own personal thoughts as to who might do a better job, I think it's more important that we have a decisive victory, and I hope and I'd love to hear some of you tonight to pledge that, whether you are a Trump supporter or a Harris supporter, that you will recognize the winner without question as the next president of the United States, because if we don't, we're going to be really a country in huge trouble. If you think twenty was bad, twenty twenty four could be worse. Let me go to Matt. Matt, you are next on Nightsiger right ahead, Thanks.
Speaker 3: For calling it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just wanted to say, you know, first off, on the La Times and them not endorsing anybody. I do forget how to pronounce his last name, but his first name. He's the owner of the paper. His first name is Patrick. He's he's been a businessman, and he's supported It's just important in the context both sides. But he tried twice to get into Trump's through private meetings, into Trump's cabinet that I don't think has anything to do with why not? But I think you know, he's supported and he's turned down Elizabeth Warren Well for posting articles about, you know, pro support of her, and a lot of people quit over him not doing anything pro haeris to me, you know, the media, you are the media in some ways, but you're a non biased media, and that's how it should be. So I actually think the media should not be biased and should not have an agenda. That's how you report the media.
Speaker 1: The media can can can express their opinions, that's for sure. And and when the media does not take a position on something like this, a lot of people are upset about it. And and you know, maybe maybe you think that papers shouldn't endorse I I don't. I think the days of papers having huge impact is kind of law is over. I don't. I don't think that UH they are going to have nearly the impact that they that they used to have. But at this point, I'm more surprised that the teams do. These powerful unions, the International Association of Firefighters, most unions tend to go with the Democrat, and for some reason at this point, UH Vice.
Speaker 4: President internally did go with it with Trump. If you look at what they said from the polls. They just didn't indor anybody officially.
Speaker 1: Well, right. But what I'm saying is if I'm a union member, if I'm a union member, now I feel free to uh to, I feel freer to go vote because the union has basically removed that obligation from me. Most most union members will say, Okay, I'm in a union, and we all have you ever have you ever been a union member? No?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Unions will tell their membership, look, we think it's in the best interest of the union to vote this way or vote that way, and many union members will follow the leadership because they feel, hey, they know better. What have we for us. I think that the fact that the Teamsters, even though they were apparently overwhelmingly or sixty percent in favor of Trump, I think that all of those members now will be able to say, hey, I've been given permission by my union to vote for Donald Trump. That's where I ag read that. And if I'm a a right, if I'm a reader of the Washington Post, I might say, great, I don't need to be told by my newspaper. But I just think it's an interesting trend, and I would think that that most people at this point would realize would think that maybe this is not a good I don't think this is I'll put it on the line. I was hoping more people would call and either agree or disagree. So I'll tell you what I think. I think this is problematical for Harris, and Harris would have expected the endorsement from the Washington Post. She should have expected the endorsement from the Los Angeles Times.
Speaker 4: And well, yeah, I mean I would hand the New York Times into Boston Globe, owned by the same people. But I would say everybody should just wrap up very quickly. Everybody should have a mind of their own. I understand. Sticking with that part, and to your second part, I believe in our constitution. Our constitution is what we were founded in seventeen seventy six, you know, or when you know the declaration was signed.
Speaker 1: The Constitution was seventeen eighty seven. What's your point on that, Matte?
Speaker 4: Thanks, thank you for correcting me. My point is that I will accept, although it might be a lump in my throat if it's not how I want it to be, for the good of the nation. There's no point in being bitter for another four years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, thank you for that.
Speaker 4: I know I'll be happy about it, but I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think again, I think the more decisive the election returns come out, whether its decisive an electoral college sense, oh, this decisive and popular vote. I just think we've had wonderfully close elections, but too many people on both sides have moaned and acted out. We have an election. You're either going to vote for the winner or the loser. It's as simple as that. Whoever wins should be given your support. Don't have to support them for a year, but just acknowledge the other president and then deal with it. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Thanks Matt the elector, And no, the electoral college has consequences. It gave us Trump in twenty sixteen and that's what I was happy with, and it might not work out that way this time, and that's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 3: But I will accept it if it's there.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for more people pledged to do that, Okay, because I think that's an important thing to be willing to say, Hey, look my candidate, your candidate might or might not win, but at the end of the day, the election is run hopeful, Lea, it's run fairly and.
Speaker 4: The best of the American people and the best in America is so whole. Thanks Anne, right, Thanks Matt, all right.
Speaker 3: God bless good.
Speaker 1: Right back right back at you six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. I'd love to hear from as many of you tonight who will tell me that, irrespective of who you are supporting, you are willing to accept the decision of the American people, because if not, we're no longer a country. And I mean, I think that's an important thing to talk about. And uh, I think at the time to talk about it is now before the results start coming in a week. A week from tomorrow night. We'll be back on nights Side right after the news break at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 3: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: That's kind of interesting that twenty seven twenty five percent of the voters have already cast their ballots. So interesting. Let me go to David in San Francisco. David, welcome back, sir, Well.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks Dan. I was going to just keep it on a kind of a basic civics level that we the people own this country, and that we hire a guy every four years to be the property manager, a guy are now or gal sure. And the idea that government should be run like a business, to me is a scam because if people don't want their taxes to be high, they want government to be run like a nonprofit. So the sewer department, every penny that goes into the sewer department should go toward making it work, right, every penny that goes into the parks department, into the fresh water system, into the libraries.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone's going to disagree with you on that, right, So I think the question is going to be I think the question is always going to be from different sources. Is people are going to say we want more money in the defense defense department, or we want another group of people say we want less money. Someone will say we want better roads, the roads will fine and stuff, and there is all all of the differences.
Speaker 5: Well, I when you say that there's no disagreement, I this whole discussion lately, especially that I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't say there's no disagreement. I said, that's with it. There's no disagreement on the fact that we have a government, and the government has to do that. They that in theory, they work for us. I get it, but it comes down to what should they do. Should we have military bases in Europe? Should we not have military bases in Europe? All the it's always the devils. What I'm saying, David, is the devil's in the details.
Speaker 5: Well, if you want to talk military issues, you get into top secrecy, and then whether or not the taxpayer can ever find out whether their company like Boeing, is producing shoddy products. And even the congress people, the representatives can't find out whether or not we're being cheated.
Speaker 1: But that gets you're getting into some of the areas. I got a question for you, okay, and I'm going to be interested in your answer. I've talked to you enough to know that you're no fan of Donald Trump, and I trust you enough to know and I know you well enough to know that in all probability, you're not going to vote for Donald Trump. You're going to vote for Vice President Harris. Assuming you vote, you are a voter, I assume because you're I've.
Speaker 5: Got my I'm working on my ballot as we speak.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Okay, Well, I don't think that it's going to get much activity in the Trump side depending upon who wins. Are you willing to tell me tonight that you will recognize the result of the election and accept the winner as president.
Speaker 5: Well, we have so many good issues out here in San Francisco that I will be happy to deal with it appropriately.
Speaker 1: But that's not my question, Dave, That's not my question. My question is if the candidate that you vote for wins the election, I assume that you're going to be very supportive of that candidate. Get that. But if the candidate that you will vote for doesn't win the election, are you prepared to acknowledge and say, Okay, we lost, We're going to go get it next time.
Speaker 5: Uh. I take very seriously that Donald Trump is a traitor and that Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: So you will not so if he did, if the majority of American people elect him. All Right, I knew this is where you wanted to go, David.
Speaker 5: We actually had a rational where I wanted to go. I wanted to keep it at a very basic civics level.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm asking you a very basic civics question, and it sounds to me like you can answer me. You can say to me if you want to be honest and say no, if Donald Trump wins, I will not recognize him as as elected president of the United States. You could say that if you.
Speaker 5: Want, Dan, what is taxation with representation?
Speaker 1: Thanks very much, David, get the plank place. I knew we were going to end up here anywhere. I have a great night day. Man. It was actually a rational conversation for a couple of minutes with him. Anyway, let's keep going. We will have a rational conversation with Danielle from Worcester. Danielle, welcome to nightside. How are you?
Speaker 2: Why do I always get the chance to follow the plank before me?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe there's some something cosmic in the air.
Speaker 2: You know, with all the respect to him, he is a stereotypical representation of that party. Though they get so mad.
Speaker 1: I think I think he is. I think he's so far out there. And again I'm disappointed.
Speaker 2: I come across all the time that gets so mad about the whole who you're voting for. It's like, don't ask me if you're going to get that upset. I mean, I just don't understand why it's so emotional, Like this guy does not know you or I were never going to meet him. He's not sitting across from me. It's Sunday dinner. Why do you get that, mad?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 1: Well, he doesn't like Donald Trump, which is fine. Let me ask you. I know that you do like Trump. I know you do like Trump. If Harris wins the vice president, Harris wins the election, are you willing to to say, Okay, my guy lost, she's the president. Let's move on.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't have any choice but to accept it. But do I call her my I don't call Joe Prebiden my president. I mean I didn't vote for him. He's the president of the United States. There's certainly not my president. I mean, I okay, so the person that I have, but I get it.
Speaker 1: But you recognize he's the president.
Speaker 2: She would be the president, but I do wouldn't say, you know.
Speaker 1: That's a start, that's a step in.
Speaker 2: The president, you know. But it's interesting about this whole union thing. You know, My daughter I told you is recently she's now an operating engineer, but she was in the laborers Union fresh out of high school. And being in the union, she grew up in a Republican home, but she's being very exposed to the Democratic side being in the union, and you know, they had to do a standout on Friday for one of the representatives. I think that's running out by Boston somewhere.
Speaker 1: She was, well, she should not be compelled to do it. Well, Danielle, she should not be compelled to do one of those things.
Speaker 2: They're all going and.
Speaker 1: They're what, now, what what does she do? You don't what does she do?
Speaker 2: She's an engineer, operating engineer, operator.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, the union should not be able to force her to either. You know, she votes in the privacy of the ballot box. And if they say to her we're having a standout and you have to show up and hold a sign for someone, that union should not be able to do that. I mean, we're going to do a standout, and we would love all of you to join us in the standout. But people should not be forced to do a standout. I find that difficult to I can't accept that. I mean, because at that time you're being yeah, don't do it, don't do it.
Speaker 2: It isn't And it is interesting when I heard it was about three or four weeks ago now that the Teamsters announced that they weren't going to endorse Harris, and that didn't say they're endorsing Trump, but it's a pretty big statement that they were not willing to endorse the Democratic candidate.
Speaker 1: Because that's in the National Association of Firefighters, which is a huge union and traditionally has endorsed Democratic.
Speaker 2: So it's like they still don't want to upset their lobbyists and promoters and things like that. I think there are other influences out there that they don't want to upset, but they still are, you know, kind of diplomatically stating there.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's I think it's just, you know, look, I think it's a statement when you have former Republican elected officials who say, well, I'm a Republican and I can't tolerate Donald Trump, and I therefore I'm going to vote for Vice President Harris. I mean, you know, the Democrats are celebrating the fact that Dick and Liz Cheney are supporting Vice President Harris. There was no more despised Republican than Dick Cheney also aka Darth Vader.
Speaker 2: I know, I feel like this whole thing is very unpredictable. There's big, you know, famous people, music, performers and things that are coming out that are supporting her, and it's it's been surprising some people that I wouldn't expect. I'm like, oh wow, really, you know.
Speaker 1: Like who who surprised you?
Speaker 2: Eminem?
Speaker 1: I don't know the one. I mean, you got kid Rock or who's kid Rock is supporting? Uh Trump?
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about Harris. You know some of them that I get that.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what what Eminem's politics are. Okay, I know Bruce Springsteen tell me the last time that that Springsteen endorsed the Republican not that not that I know of, right, you know, so at least you will acknowledge if Harris wins as a Trump supporter, that she is the president of the United States.
Speaker 2: And that's just the way that cookie crumbles. I mean, it's an election and someone wins and someone loses. So I mean you don't have a choice. I mean, it's like a baseball game if the Yankees beat the Red Sox. I like the Yankees, absolutely not, but they want I mean, what are you gonna do.
Speaker 1: Tonight?
Speaker 3: By the way, as long as.
Speaker 2: Everything's fair, did you hear about election boxes that in like Washington, Oregon? Being set on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, I want to see those stories. Unfortunately, I always want to know the source of those stories. I've seen some of that. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I think I heard them because I listened to Buz all day and I think it was on on you know, blurb on one of the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, i'd love to. I'd love to, you know, and I'll try to get to get a reporter from out there. A lot of times we will carry a story because we've heard it somewhere. I want to know the story behind with what were the circumstances.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, the Republicans out there that I think in doing milicias and don't don't do that. Don't don't give us a bad name. Just do it fairly recivic duty. Cast your vote and call it today and at the end, you know, and if with you, if everyone just does that, then we'll have a fair winner. And I think that we'll be happy with the results, be quite honest. So no one needs to.
Speaker 1: Let's hope the results. I hope it's decisial. Thanks Danielle. I gotta run him up my break, Happy Monday, you bet you all right? I gotta keep it rolling. Here, gotta take a quick break. I got Uh, Susan and Cambridge. I got Terry and Peabdy, Gregory in Dorchester, Mike and Lynn. We're gonna go into the second hour, and this I guarantee you, you know, the issues will be back on nightside after this. Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World.
Speaker 3: Night six Studios on w b Z, the news radio.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna try to get as many in as we can between now and eleven, but we're gonna go into the eleven We're gonna go into the eleven o'clock hour as well. Let me go next to Susan in Cambridge. Susan, want to get you in here, Go right ahead, Susan.
Speaker 3: Hi Hi.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 6: First of all, I just want to say, I see that there's a I feel like there's a big difference between the Teamsters and the union's non endorsement and the the UH newspapers. Because so the newspapers, actually the editorial boards did endorse Harris, the owners of each of those papers refused to UH, refuse to run with it.
Speaker 1: I think that's a distinction without a difference. I mean, I don't know that, by the way, that I'll accept what you're saying is true, but it seems to me that.
Speaker 6: I think that's a I think that's a very important point because you've got two billionaires who are basically, you know, just saying no, I'm gonna I'm gonna, you know, not not approve this, and even though the editorial pages have gone through you know, their normal process of doing this, and it's being rejected by you know, basically.
Speaker 5: All guard.
Speaker 6: And so yeah, I feel like I feel like that's a very important distinction, and the reasons to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get it, I get you. You feel it's an important distinction. I'm not going to try to change your mind to that. I got a question for you, ask everybody this question tonight. You you're going to be a I know for previous phone calls, you're going to be a Harris voter. No problem, right? Uh? If Trump were to win, will you acknowledge his victory?
Speaker 6: Yeah, as long as there's no you know, like states not you know, refusing to certify or fake electors or anything. So I have some normal election, I will. I will probably be out there in another women's march the next day, but I'll still you know, uh, you know, if he's properly elected, he's properly elected. But I can still, I can still you know, approach.
Speaker 1: No, that's fine, that's fine, that's fine. And so therefore, if Harris wins and people are out there protesting Harris, you'll you'll appreciate, you know, you want the country to continue to be this divided, is what I'm trying to say. Why not take a pledge and say, look, whoever wins, we're going to give that person a chance. Don't have to support him, but we're not going to necessarily put on the pink cats the first day.
Speaker 6: Give him that person a chance, and that person rolled back, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you'll make an exceptionion for women. Yeah, fine, okay, Well again, I mean, you live in a country where if the majority of the people in this country say we're going to vote for Donald Trump, you really are not going to recognize him as president, is what you're telling you.
Speaker 6: I can recognize, I mean, hello, first man, I can recognize and say, you know, but I don't you know, the next election starts now, and you know, okay, well that's good.
Speaker 1: Well then I hope it goes the other way. So and so if Harris gets elected, the Trump people are going to be out in the street. I'm trying to basically say to people, they were going to lose this country. We're going to lose this country.
Speaker 6: If they want to protest, that's fine, as long as they're not saying that the results are somehow you.
Speaker 1: Know, well, they could say whatever they want, Susan, and we'll just keep it going from election to election. And I think that's dangerous for the country. You disagree with me on that, but that's my my My point is that we need to take a breather. And I don't care who wins. I don't care if it's Harris or if it's Trump. That person should be geting. That person should be given an opportunity to uh to to govern and protest whatever announcements they make or whatever like that, but be out in the streets the next day. It's just smacks of poor losers. Whoever does it, whoever does it? You know, That's all I'm saying in my opinion. Don't have to agree with me.
Speaker 6: And just one last thing on the Teamsters. While the head of it didn't endorse, many state branches did endorse Harris, and there are no states that endorsed Trump.
Speaker 1: Sixty the Teamsters. According to Sean O'Brien, sixty one percent of the Teamsters who were pulled supported Trump.
Speaker 6: I'm aware of that. I'm just saying that's so.
Speaker 1: You're aware of that or not? You're Are you aware of that?
Speaker 6: I was aware of that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So therefore, therefore, therefore a majority of the union members supported Trump. And isn't the union supposed to support the other membership?
Speaker 6: I mean the tough question that.
Speaker 1: All right, Susan, I gotta get it one more in here before the preak. Okay, all right, thanks for Colin. As always, that was a tough question. Mike and Lynn Micah next on Nisa, go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey then mister, then, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, Mike, you go right ahead. What's your take on all of this?
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you one thing. I watched a show on netsbacks and you went on a Whitey Bulger and he was driving a Highlander, a white one to your and I.
Speaker 5: Have a lot of.
Speaker 3: Respect for you.
Speaker 1: I was driving a white Highlander, yes, with Whitey Bulger.
Speaker 3: And you want to you you were saying the show about Whitey Bulger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did stories on Whitey Bulger. But I don't understand how what what what does a white highlander have to be? I'm confused, man, because.
Speaker 3: You are a man. I have a lot of respect for you. I've gotta tell you what I think. I think Pamela should win. I should be a president. And the reason why because she's a good person. She's a good person. Uh, Donald Trump, you know, I got to tell you this. I came to America in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 5: I become.
Speaker 3: Citizen nineteen ninety three, and now I'm an instructor. I teach people how to drive a train on the green line.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: And this person, Donald Trump, he doesn't understand the fact is like he thinks like it's all about America. It's all about And I think I'll be honest with you. I'm a foreigner. I've been here for almost two.
Speaker 1: You're a US citizen. You're a US citizen, man, Yes, I am. Yeah, So you're not a foreigner. Why do you why do you consider yourself a foreigner? You're a US citizen, yes.
Speaker 3: But I am a I am honored to become an American citizen.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I say. You're no longer a foreigner a US citizen. Mike. Come on, now, I was lucky enough to be born here. You actually, I think theoretically, are are a better citizen me because you chose to come to this country. I was simply had the good fortune of being born here.
Speaker 3: It's a great country.
Speaker 1: You're just as much a US citizens as anyone who's born here. Now, once you become a naturalized citizen, I don't understand why why you consider yourself a foreigner.
Speaker 3: I do consider myself a foreigner because America took me and give me home. I have a house, I make money, and I am okay.
Speaker 1: So I hate to do this to you, Mike, but I'm getting a little lost in the argument here. And let me ask you this. When the election results are announced a week from now or eight nights, seven nights, six nights, and not six nights, eight nine, ten nights from now, will you recognize whoever wins the election as the president of the United States.
Speaker 3: I do, I will, but I really will love my girl, Carmela Harris to become a president, because you know what it is. I want it first, Carmela Harris, and the second I wanted she'd become a president, because what it is is.
Speaker 1: Is there an issue that that that that makes you want her? Is there a specific issue that that makes you want her to be president?
Speaker 3: There is no issue. The only issue is she's honest and truthful.
Speaker 1: I see. Okay, right, Okay, I got you, and uh again, congratulations are becoming a citizen and don't think of yourself as a foreigner. Think of yourself as a United States citizen and be proud of Okay, thank you, Mike, have a great night. I still doesn't understand what the white Highlander and Whitey Bulgier to do with anything, but that's okay, Okay, Greg, Matt and Marty stay right there. Be back on nights side. We got a couple of openlines six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Why is it so difficult for people to say, yeah, I'm going to vote. I hope my person wins, be it Harris or Trump, but I will abide by the results of the election. I'm not going to be like Susan and reach for my pink hat the next day. Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Pretty simple stuff, folks. If you don't think we're a badly divided country. Come on, I want to hear some people who actually understand what America is all about coming back on Nightside