Speaker 1: It's another go round of SDH. Now I hit show camerather than that means you get to finally see me John, hear you there. Thanks for dropping byes you always do. It's a wall pass Wednesday. So whatever's on your mind is whatever's on your mind. It can be having you do with what we're going to talk about with Tyler, a pilgrim from S and S Scarves and Spikes. We'll catch up with Tyler here coming up in just a little bit here for hour number one where we'll go over at landy night at any leftovers that are there, looking forward to Chicago, all the things which reminds me, I'm going to try and find some oppo research from our friends up in Chicago and find out if folks can come and join us to let everybody know what's going on for.
Speaker 2: The rest of the week. There we go. All right, So there's that. You've got.
Speaker 1: What happened in Open Cup last night, we'll hear from the head coach of Tacoma Defiance after they had a lead to one eventually would leave, would end up leaving the tournament three too. It was chalk last night for the endings. Even though it was difficult for some folks. In the beginnings, we'll go over all of that. We'll go over your juice boxes getting you ready for the matchups tonight in Open Cup, to get you through here in the round of thirty two. And so we'll play all of those juice boxes out and you'll hear from the head coach of Tacoma Defiance, who was not a fan of his referee assignment last night, and so apparently there is some history there. We'll hear from here. Every ady is coming up. In our number two, we'll go over the rest of m lesson hour number two, we'll go over Champions League, probably with Tyler if he saw it yesterday. I don't know how many of you saw what went down yesterday the seven six match. Oh man, you just let you just run out of just you run out of things to say, just throw your notes in the air, and you're just kind of like, yep, seven six in the aggregate, absolutely crazy. It was too nil, then it wasn't. It was three to two, then it wasn't. Then it goes into extra time and then you end up with four to three, seven six in the aggregate. You gotta be blanking kidding me. So we'll go over all the numbers in that and we'll go over the juice boxes for the matchup today and see what it looks like there. We'll also talk GHSA playoffs to get you ready for Soccer's In Session Playoff Daily Live come up at noon. At noon, we'll hear from Heather Richardson, the girls head coach at Social Circle, Meghan Hill, the head coach at Buford, Aaron Paul, the head coach at Morgan County. We'll go over all your brackets and set up your quarterfinals for you, and we'll set up the shows when it comes to Thursday Friday next week.
Speaker 2: In Session.
Speaker 1: Will probably be shorter in length setting up the finals because I don't know how many coaches are going to be willing to visit on a match day, and especially with the schedules being what they are, they could be on buses, although it'd be cool to see you on a bus. But Soccer is in Session Playoff Daily Live presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente. That will be once again through this week and then again next week, but I think will be shorter because of championships and we want you to attend championships. If you are near mckeecher, and if you're traveling with your favorite club, if you're near Duluth and traveling with your favorite club, and at Mercer and traveling with your favorite club. So what we'll also do next week is we'll try and catch up with some of the programs that had great runs this season. Bring on Brian Lawson and Jeff Davis, catch up with coach Johnstone at Gilmer, and we'll work our way and navigate through all of what happened this season and kind of put a bow on things when it comes to the schedule here with the GHSA, word kind of got out one of our venues. So tomorrow we're gonna be at Whitewater, and so it'll be Whitewater. It'll be girls tomorrow and so Whitewater and a Coney County will be at Whitewater. So it'll be me, Maddie, Jason, and Sophia Coopertino. We'll all be there. Bottom line is, we'll all be there unless there has been a switch or there has not been a switch in a double header venue possibility, So we're keeping an eye on that. I could be on SDH two with our main game on SDH with Whitewater in a Coney County. So we know Whitewater in a Coney County is going to be one of the games that's going to be on the network, that's going to be on tomorrow. We have a second venue that we're trying to figure out. Okay, when and where and when that's officially official, will let you know we're going to this particular venue. We just don't know the day, and I don't want to stray all of you and sit there and say Okay, well we're gonna be here and then not be So we're gonna be there, we just don't know the when venue number two. So we are going to have two matchups. It could be our Friday matchups. It could be a double header on Friday with this particular club, or it could be trying to find a venue on Friday and SDH one and SDCH two up and running with me doing the.
Speaker 2: Matchup on SDH two on the venue.
Speaker 1: If this particular team cannot square away, a double header possibility. So that's what the plan is. Yes, we're at Whitewater on Thursday for the matchup against A Coney County. Yes, we have a second venue locked in just trying to figure out when that second venue is going to have their match slash matches and it could be once again on SDH two on Thursday, or it could be our Friday matches on the Motherships or still trying to figure all that out. But Soccer's in Session Playoff Daily Live continues this week. We'll go through the Championship next week and then will like I said, it won't necessarily be an hour every day unless content dictates, and we have a bunch of coaches coming in, so it go as long as we can Monday through Friday next week with the Championships being next week, and we'll we'll set up everything going on with the Championships in the GHSA. And thanks once again to the GHSA for being great partners with us and letting us do postseason matches all around the state of Georgia, and to the ads and all the coaches that have been great when it comes to letting us come out and hang out in your place. Like last night to give you an idea, Morning, Ricky, morning, Alex. Last night to give you an idea. We were in Dalton and if you missed the if you missed the Dalton pious match. It's available in archive so you can go back and listen to it. But it was it was a solid crowd for a six thirty kick, so folks coming home from work stopping at Harmon Field and bill Chapel Stadium to watch Dalton take on Saint Pias and Saint Pias once again a blue blood number twenty six nationally and you know with Dalton nationally ranked as well. It was it was just slam bang soccer for eighty minutes and it was really fun to be up there for that one. I think it was our fourth visit to Dalton this year. It was Johnson, Gainesville and Fort Payne i think, and it was Northwest Whitfield and it was last night with Pious and we have been invited back for the matchup against Westminster on Friday, so I mean, it's it's out there. But it has been a fantastic run to see all of these teams come through. When you see a team like Dalton who is nationally ranked top five in the state of Georgia, top five nationally ranked regardless of classification. And Jason made the point last night on the show on the broadcast where.
Speaker 2: When you go.
Speaker 1: And the food by the way, is fantastic and of course you know me sitting there going ooh. And to give you an idea, the crowd that was there to watch the Dalton soccer match last night. At halftime, it I mean it was. It was back and forth and you had a tight match after forty minutes, so everybody goes to the eastern stands to get your street tacos and your elote and everything else for a halftime. The line for the tacos you would not have you know last time that Jason and Maddie were there. Maddie stood in line for tacos, didn't get back until halftime of the of the second match. So everyone's in line at halftime to try and get food. To give you an idea how tense the environment was. Once the second half started, the line disappeared, everybody went back to their seats for the second half of the game. Joe Gonzalez, by the way, player the Match presented by our friends at Oglethorpe University, for a ridiculous free kick where he doesn't wait for the wall to set up, He doesn't wait for everything to be locked in place. He just goes ahead and fires and goes far post upper ninety over the keeper, which was insane, and then Gonzales from the spot for the two goals for Saint Pias and for Dalton, and the two one went over Saint Pias. But once again you tip your hat to Dalton. Fantastic environment. If you've never been, go to Harmon Field, if you're in that part of the state, if you're just passing through, if you don't have anything to do on a football match day, go to Dalton. Fantastic environment, especially in the rivalry games that are up there in northwest Georgia. But two to one went for Dalton, they advance. And once again thanks to everybody up there at Dalton, Matt Chiefs, a head coach, and everybody in the athletic administration for letting us come and party and hanging out there. So fantastic environment. Absolutely love being there, we love going and for us to have the chance to call these matches in and around the state, and once again it's a it's an absolute blast to go and do it. We'll be at Whitewater once again. We're at Whitewater and we're gonna be in another location once again trying to figure out, hey, if we're gonna have SDH one and two up and running Thursday, or if we're gonna be at that location for a doubleheader on Friday. So that's opening kickoff Brochos. Buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Once again, there's your QR code for those of you hanging out with us, however you are accessing us this morning, that's your QR code to get into Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com.
Speaker 2: Start your day with them.
Speaker 1: Buy out the entire store, do it at a fifteen percent discount, and check out and go soccer down here fifteen They in turn take ten percent reinvested into youth games, youth initiatives. Stuff that they think of is cool. Brodchos, Buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. All right, there you go. So now it is nine p fifteen. Actually it's nine sixteen. Because I was I was somewhat filibustering, but it was an opening kickoff situation, so I felt compelled that it had to be it had to be talked about. So anyway, now we go to the Kasa de Pilgrim and find out what is on the man's mind and we'll see what what what leftovers of heat and pain and grief and all the other seven stages are there, so we'll bring in Tyler. So so uh, okay, there, yes, there, yeah, I see, I see you working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's that's where at least Tyler is in this discussion. Brett Buster said, lasso, mug and believe and so where are where are the SNS?
Speaker 2: Uh? I guess, I guess.
Speaker 1: First off, I'll say where's the S and S staff when it comes to the seven stages?
Speaker 2: Where where are you right now?
Speaker 3: I need to look at each of the seven stages again so I can tell you exactly where we're at. But I think everybody's just at that point where we're waiting.
Speaker 1: Okay, so and hoping, uh huh and wishing and praying. I see how Yeah, all right, so we are we are in It is shock, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance and hope.
Speaker 3: We're at acceptance.
Speaker 2: So you're at six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of went to seven temporarily on Saturday, but I'm I'm definitely we're We're definitely a full six.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's so it's acceptance and hope is six, and processing it is seven.
Speaker 3: So that's okay, okay, So yeah, so you're at acceptance and hope is the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely yeah, acceptance and hope is at six.
Speaker 1: How many of the stages were the SNS viewers and listeners processing through from the weekend of having a lead and not keeping a lead and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, it wasn't as bad as I kind of thought it would be because I think, you know, you get that first lead or the the the and I think from the moment that that Miggy scored the goal and he goes back and he's hyping everybody up right, and you start to feel like, oh, here we go, like we're getting something going. And then the balls kicked off and the entire tempo and vibe just changed, like almost instantly. It was wild. And I think at that moment, at least for me, and we were up in the press box, me and like all the SNS guys and everybody, we were talking as it was going on, and we were like, if they don't fix this, this kind of weird tempo thing they have going on right now, this is not going to be a one Niel lead for long. This is not this is not sustainable. And so I don't think there was ever really that moment of like just straight up, you know, hope and then you get punched in the face. It was almost like, oh, it's it's gonna happen. It's gonna happen any minute now.
Speaker 2: They're waiting for the other shoe.
Speaker 3: Basically, yeah, exactly. I mean, it's one thing to you know, score a goal. Because I've gone on a couple of rants about this, but it's one thing to score a goal, and like, you know, then you have your game plan right, you control the tempo and the and the easiest way to control the tempo in a soccer game is a when you're up a goal and b when you're at home, both of which Atlanta had going for them on Saturday. And instead of you know, taking the advantage and making Nashville either chase the game and tire out Handy Mooktar and Sam Surridge and their midfield and like, you know, just possess the ball, pass it around them, wait for your opportunity then hit. They didn't do that, and then they also never really did anything else. It's almost like they were stuck in between like two minds of like, we have the lead and we're not quite sure what we want to do with it at this point. And because of that, you kind of reverted to like on goalkicks, you're sending the ball along, you're putting it into the proverbial mixer, hoping you come away with it, and you never came away with it, and so you're constantly giving possession back to Nashville. And then it was just a matter of time before they were able to to Snager another goal. So I just thought that that was my biggest issue. Again. I know people were like up and down about the formation and blah blah blah. My biggest issue was the lack of the ability to control the tempo.
Speaker 2: In this game.
Speaker 3: And it just seemed like it was something that they weren't prepared for. And I'm not saying they weren't, but that's the way that.
Speaker 1: It looked well and you had I think Ronnie after the match was discussing the notion of he didn't know if it was a physical or emotional or mental two of those three, I can't remember which two they were, but I.
Speaker 3: Said, it's not motivation, yeah, but he's not sure if it's mental or physical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know when mental and physical. And we got into that early in the week here on the show, where it's the idea of to your point, you know, you don't want to compound a mistake, but because you're thinking about not making a mistake or compounding a mistake, you end up compounding the mistake.
Speaker 2: If that makes any sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because it's like, you know, one of the things that has been very, very good advice for me in certain career paths in my.
Speaker 2: Life was.
Speaker 3: You make a decision and stick to it. And to your point, like it kind of felt like you you're so concerned about making the mistake that you revert and you play it too safe, and then the mistake happens anyway, And when you're playing it too safe, if you do then make a mistake, you usually make it in a worse position. And yeah, I mean, it just it felt like the decision was never really made of what they wanted to do. And I kind of I kind of likened it back to the Philly match where you know, you went up a man yeah for a decent amount of time, Yeah, and it and it looked like you had never done you know, red card like eleven v. Ten drills, like you just didn't really know what to do with the man advantage. And that's kind of the way this.
Speaker 1: Felt if you're taking the Philly example, because if there is a ten man team that is pressing, and if you ask Nick this, Nick will tell you as a master of the follower of.
Speaker 2: The press, as he said.
Speaker 1: That if you are the team with the man advantage and the team that is a man down is still pressing, that means that someone on your end of the man advantage is not doing what they're supposed to be doing, yeah, and not taking care of the advantage as best as you can to get around the press, to force that press to keep from happening. And so if if you're too afraid to make a mistake and if you're too afraid to process things and you know you don't want to compound it, and you end up compounding it and then it's snowballs and all these kinds of things. That's where I think that you see what the action on the pitch occasionally in this in this run of form where it's like you know they're talented, You know these individuals are talented. You have seen it before, regardless of competition, you know what these individuals are capable of. But then if not wanting to let down your new boss, not wanting to let down your new teammates, not wanting to let down your current teammates, if you're in a position where you've been there before, and then everyone starts to sit there and look at Okay, well, if it's not this, then it's this. If it's not this person, it's this person, And then all the theories go out into the ether and you're sitting there and saying, okay, well, what if you do this? What if you do this? And what if you do this? And then if you go away from your DNA, then you risk the idea of everything that you've been teaching up to this point, basically going by the wayside and then having to reconstruct, and you end up with it. Literally, there are so many if thens in this entire season to this point, it's almost like you run out of legal pad trying to figure out all the if thens that it Land United has had to go through this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like if if you're familiar with what it is that you want to do in any particular situation, right like you've trained it, but you're not obsessing over it. Yeah, then it's easy for the coach to, you know, whatever direction you're going, pull Brooks or Pedro to the side and say, hey, let them know this is what we're doing now, you know, and then spread that out across the eleven that are on the pitch and then you can kind of you know, like in this particular instance, it would have been, I mean, after the goal scored, if if you're not confident that you're going to go get a second, then that should have been communicated to Brad because it all starts with Brad as far as controlling the tempo, it all starts with him, and you got to work your way up, you know, to the center, backs, the midfield, everything else. But you have to know at least be familiar with what it is that you want to do. And it should just require the coach saying, hey, this is we're running this play, not that play from here on out. And it never really felt like that. It doesn't feel like that a lot of times, and you know, to play Devil's advocate, I think Atlanta has been in such a position where they are just trying to get themselves right like internally whatever that may be. Like they're just trying to, you know, look like a cohesive unit out on the field that I don't know that they've had time to really focus on the fine details like you know, yeah, how to control the tip of a game, or what to do if you go up a man, or what to do if you go.
Speaker 2: Down a man for that matter, basics first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, and that's the thing. They're struggling so much with the basics and the fundamentals, just trying to get everything right that I don't know they've had time to do all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: And you know, then you had the lineup change where uh miran Chuk is playing a little deeper in the four two three one, you had Jay on the left.
Speaker 2: Uh So you had a couple of tweaks.
Speaker 1: In there with with bart on the bench, and so you had that to gauge as a part of this as well. Uh not that playing on the playing on the left wing is four into j but you know he's done it before and you look at that. But once again, we always sit there and say, just because you see a graphic from OPTA or from television, does not mean that that is what is going to be going on once the ball is kicked and a whistle is born. So you know Jay drifts back occasionally, and Ronnie mentioned it being a four four two at times where you know Jay is helping to support in the midfield and all these kinds of things. So what our cavea our weekly caveat. Just because you see a graphic does not mean that that is how things are going to be locked in stone for an entire match. But you had Jay on the left again, you had Medanjuk playing deeper as a bit of his point guard to try and help out defensively. But when you do that, you saw the numbers that Alexi had defensively. That takes away from what you want him to do offensively is your point guard and so you're kind of in that catch twenty two a little bit with Alexi as a part of this as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's where I think Click is for all that that he does well, because I do like, I love how he does when he's on the field. He does bring a little bit of that you know, that passion, that energy. You know he pulls somebody down and then kind of slowly walks by them, staring at them, you know, mumbling whatever it is that he's mumbling like that, I want that however, he However, I think with if you're going to play Alexi at the eight, which I think you should, I think, I mean, this is not new, like we've beat this horse a million times. But if you're going to do that, then Jay, who is your fastest midfielder And according to quite a few people whose name is rhyme with Max Decardi, he is the highest ceiling player right now on the team. But he provides speed and legs and if you play him as that other midfielder, then he can help you clean up a lot. Because there was a moment where in the first half where Klick was having a track back to help the center backs yea, and he was struggling. He was very much struggling. Because I watched him specifically, I was like, how is he gonna do when it comes time to actually you know, like really, I mean, you got a full on sprint, you know, and he did, he couldn't quite pull it off, And so I think you're gonna do this. You do have to solve your left winger problem. Your left winger is and has been really the biggest issue I know, because we talk about the number ten, but you have number tens. You're just trying to figure out how best to use them. But you don't have a left winger that you can count on. So I mean my opinion is put Luke out on that left side and just see what he does, and put Jay back in the middle behind Alexi, and then keep everything else more or less the same.
Speaker 1: Well, and there you have part of the of an idea, whether it's Luke, whether it's Musquitta, whether it is you know, Saba on the left hand side, inverting to his stronger you know, inverting to his stronger foot. You know, do you do you run someone with the experience of you know, player A and then thirty minutes to go? Then do you bring in fast Eddie, do you bring in cool hand?
Speaker 2: Luke? Do you have them?
Speaker 1: You know, run at tired legs for thirty minutes? And do you sit there? And you add Luke and his chirping skills. I swear I would guarantee that Luke Brennan probably learned from Larry Burden. He'd probably sit there and go, who's Larry Bird? But I think that his chirping skills running at folks for thirty minutes. I think that it is is something very very special and from for me. That's where if they show themselves in practice during the week, I could see, you know, in a starting situation, but until that moment happens. Have whomever on the left hand side at your left wing, have them run for sixty and then have Musketa come in, have Luke come in, you know, and be those individuals on the wings that can just add that extra bit of speed for that final thirty minutes with those younger legs that you mentioned and click to your point there, I don't know where we know he is when it comes to being ninety minutes fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember he's still for everybody who might not have recall totally on this, he's still coming back from injury. I don't know where he is in that playing ninety minutes. If you ask him, he'll sit there and say, yeah, I'm ninety minutes fit and I'll want to play, which is what the answer you want to hear. But physically we don't know where he is in it. Ninety minutes fit bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then that's where I think again, depending on the way the game's going, I think click would be that better option to come off the bench late, right, And because then you're you're you have tired legs around you as well, so even if your speed's maybe not up to snuff and everything else, you can you can maybe handle things a little bit better than you could in the first thirty And as far as like you know, Luke and Edwin on the left, I mean, I think when the team finds whatever starter left winger that they want, then yeah, I mean, because then you have options. You can use Luke, you can use ed one. But in the meantime, like if you unless you keep putting j over there, which I don't think you need to do, only because I think he's going to be more effective fully as a midfielder anyway, though he did. He did look good actually for the for the majority of this match on the left. But I think he just you have to pick which one you think is going to get out there and cause as much chaos in the beginning, Yeah, and then bring on the other one. And I think to me, every time Edwin must Scare has been successful, it's been coming on as a sub late in the match. So I think you start with Luke, And yeah, like you said, let him run his mouth and piss everybody off for sixty minutes and then bring in Edwin to just run at the tired legs and just see what happens.
Speaker 1: What else have you been staring at, analyzing, furrowing your brow, rubbing your beard over when it comes to Atlanta United as they get ready for Chicago. And to your point once again, I think that if you look at the if you look at the individuals available and the formation that you're going to be trotting out against Chicago in this new example, then you know, I think that legitimately, right now it's going to be case by case basis. Okay, what does Chicago bring to the table and how can we combat it? Is to figure out who it might be on the left wing until you come up with a someone or a combination that gives you that consistent play that you're looking for.
Speaker 2: I think right now you're at case by case basis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I mean I think you still need if you're going to do something similar, I think you do need to more or less run out what you did Saturday with the changes that I mentioned. I mean, that's what I would prefer I still think you got more out of Miguel at the ten because you know, and I know, people are going to look at the numbers, and y'all know, like I look at soccer very much like there's an eye test and there's a number test. Yeah, you got to look at both. And when the first twenty twenty five minutes, Miggie was taking guys on, he was progressing the ball, he was getting into the final third, he was doing all the things that you want out of a direct number ten. And people are going to go back to the well, he didn't create any chances, No, but he he scored a goal, first of all. But he's progressing the ball, He's getting the ball into that final third where you can then do something with it, and you had things happening. Now, why in the world the team kind of completely change tempo after that goal.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I mean I've already.
Speaker 1: Ranked, but is it But is it that idea of Okay, you're trying to be too careful, You're trying not to make a mistake.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to hang on to something?
Speaker 1: You know that the more you hang on to it, the more dangerous it becomes, because that goal for Nashville. You knew it was coming because of and we went through the numbers of possession. Uh in the last sixty minutes. I want to say where Nashville I think out possessed Atlanta three to one when it comes to the time on the pitch.
Speaker 2: But if you if.
Speaker 1: And and like I said, I you know, Monday, I kind of turned into almost an analytic looking looking at it through the the emotion of it all, not not numbers, but looking at it through the analytics of the situation. Where getting back to our original points about not wanting to make a mistake. Okay, so you have a lead, all right, so you want to do what you can to hang onto that lead. There have been managers here in the past whose philosophy has been what's the best thing when you've got a one goal lead, that's two goal lead, and so continuing that mindset of push push push, right now, if you've got a one goal lead, I think that there are you know, guys out there that are trying to hang onto that one goal lead instead of push, push, push, and chase after that second because they don't want to make a mistake to give up the one goal lead and so I said, is is this is this analysis that I'm coming through because it's almost like a defensive driving course for me, because I admitted on Monday, I said, look, I spent two years in therapy and so for me having that now gives me the chance to be almost like a defensive driving course and thinking where the other person is coming from coming forward. And so I was looking at it from the perspective like this. If you if you've got that lead, then you don't want to make a mistake because you don't want to let down those around you because you've gotten to this point first time in three hundred and seventy minutes I think that you've scored something up three seventy two I think is the number. So you don't want to let those around you down. So you're gonna try and hang on to what you've got and not put yourself in a situation where you contribute to possibly giving up that equalizer or get contributing to a moment that eventually leads to that goal. But when you've got that one goal lead, and the more that you try and just to hang on and hang on and hang on at the edge of the cliff, like you're you know, you know Wiley E. Coyote, Maybe you know there's sooner or later the weight of being hanging on to the edge of that cliff. Roadrunner hops onto the the edge of the cliff and you see the split and then you know the rock and everything happens that we've always seen in the cartoons. You knew that that second goal was coming because of the possession numbers the equalizer. I mean, you knew the equalizer was gonna becoming eventually, you didn't know when because of the possession numbers and because of the pressure that Nashville was putting up and putting up and putting up. And I think it contributes back to the idea of you're afraid. You're afraid of making that mistake that contributes to the equalizer. But because you were hanging on it created the opportunity for the equalizer because of what you weren't doing as opposed to what you know you can do. Like I said, is that does that philosophy philosophizing make any sense at all?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And I think it kind of ties into kind of what I was saying earlier, where you have to have a plan and like as a team as eleven guys in the field, you have to whatever your plan is, do it, like stick to the plan. Yeah, and it never really felt like they all were on the same page with what they wanted to do. And because I see in the chat everybody's saying, like, you know, there are all really good points. Atlanta has never been a part of the bust team. No, but that acted like some of them acted like they were parking the bus, and then other ones were still acting like they wanted to go play. Yeah, and then halftime came around and it kind of it just got worse from that point. It really felt like I could give some leeway after the first goal, where you know, maybe there's some communication issues, not everybody's on the same page. It really felt like Brad was just trying to slow the game down at that point.
Speaker 1: Also, and at the tail end of the first half where Click gets the yellow yea and the administration of those kinds of fouls for the remainder of the match just seemed to be optional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forget the handball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, but you've got you're trying to get to the half at that point. Yeah, it's like, all right, you've got the lead, click gets the yellow. I'm looking at it as get to the half, get in the locker room, do what you gotta do. Yep, pun it, punt it up to you in the press box. Just get to the half, settle down, and then go out there for the second forty five. That's how I was looking at it, in getting to the forty five and treating it. Okay, you got the goal, you got the lead, and then you had maybe another ten minutes of navigating control and then it was Nashville National Nashville. Then you get the yellow, and I'm like, get to the half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm okay with that, Like, yeah, get to the half. Reset Now that you because you now have a lead at home for the first time in a very long time. So now you're your coaching staff in the locker room needs to say, all right, this is what we're gonna do. This is what we're gonna you know, figure out, and then you come back out and you implement that. But again, all eleven of the players that come back out of the locker room that step on the pitch need to be on the same page. And it just never really felt like they got it. They never really felt like they came out with a plan other than we're gonna halfway park the bus and defend and then we'll try to bombit long, which is also another thing Atlanta has never really done. And somebody comes away with it, and then nobody wants to win an aerial duel or a second ball. I say, they don't want to, I'm being sarcastic, but they didn't. And then you just you're perpetually a turnover machine. At that point, you're just giving the ball back to Nashville over and over and over.
Speaker 1: Again, forcing yourself to defend instead of slow the ball down, have possession and build up and come forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and because the thing is like Atlanta, Dyla is trying to do his thing. Yeah, Atlanta is still and I think Dyla would just tell you this, like he wants to build up and play through and all that kind of stuff as opposed to being a defensive maybe counter attacking team. But if you're gonna sit back and bend and bend and bend, you have to have an outlet going forward to try to hit on the counter. And every time there was a halfway opportunity to try to, you know, break that pressure and send the ball Ford de Latel Author Migge. Neither one of them are there or the ball is not going to them. It's just it's just cleared because you're panicking at that point. And I'm all for clearing the ball and sending it downfield when you're under a lot of pressure, But you gotta try to break loose one of your guys that can outrun anybody else in the pitch. You gotta give them a chance to hit on the counter if you're gonna if you're gonna play that way, but if not, again, you have the lead, you control the tempo, send it back to Brad, pass it around, make Nashville run for it, and then you have a good enough team here to play through pressure. You do. Like a lot of these players still are from the play out of the back Gonzale Paneda era, and they're good enough to do it now. I mean, they might struggle against a press like the Red Bulls, but Nashville's not pressing like that, even even on a good day. So just frustrate them a little bit and then go and then try to break loose your your guys up top and go for the second one if you can. But to get stuck in that in between moment where like half the players are like, we're gonna, We're gonna do this, and half the players are not like it just it wasn't well executed in any way unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so then you end up with the equalizer, and then you're trying to hang on. From hanging on, you're trying to make sure that you can get that you can hang on to that point and try and chase after opportunities for for goal number two. And you look at and I'm looking at some of the comments in the twitch pitch and this is I know it's taken. It might have been taking a couple of days for folks to to kind of remember what's going on. But this is where we this is where we make sure that Monday and Tuesday and even Wednesday, make sure that everything is out of your system as we start to gear towards Chicago and Thursday and Friday. And I mean there are going to be I would imagine decisions that started with Ronnie Daila and the coaching staff about what you're starting eleven is going to look like. Obviously, the combination of matteas Klick and Alexi midanchuk As your two sixes. Uh you know, I I don't know. I think that probably with Midanchuk, you need him more as your midfield attacking three as opposed to one of your sixes. While the defensive numbers were there. And I know that the idea was, you know, to help out defensively and give him more space to create as a point guard. I think that you probably ended up taking him away from what you were looking for in that matchup against Nashville, coming up against Chicago, I think that he has to be further afield than being one of those two sixes in the basic four two three one as we envision it for Ronnie Dland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you you want Alexi higher up the pitch, Like I think there's been like a little bit probably just the dialect of soccer, maybe a little bit of confusion like out. I don't think Alexi Mornchuck should be played as a defensive midfielder right in any way. I don't think that's that's proper now, Like we use the term six eight ten, blah blah blah, like he to me is more of that kind of box to box like Ford facing central midfielder, the one that you know it's it's the back line and the number six is job, the actual defensive midfielder to try to release the pressure, break it up to him, and then he is the one who then picks out where it goes from there. Yeah, and then the front rest of them work how they need to work. And I mean take away his lack of speed compared to other players, Like, we get that, but Anya Alex, like he's saying, you know, box box all about legs, but you don't have to be the fastest. You just need to be able to run for ninety minutes. But the good thing about Alexi is he he does have the vision to quickly make passes to you know, play through pressure, play around pressure, play over pressure, whatever you need somebody back there. Like I was talking about with Klick and Jay earlier, that that is going to give you kind of that break glass in case of emergency moment to where if you do get played through or around, then you're not leaving both of your center backs and potentially Brooks and Pedro on an island.
Speaker 1: Well and to the number to your point, I think that this also re emphasizes how important Tristan william Ba has been in Ronnie dlass system and not having him as a part of the system, knowing what Ronnie's looking for as someone who can be that second facilitator offensively when you need him to. And we all know that Tristan loves playing, you know, playing forward, but at the same time, when Tristan has to backtrack and help you out defensively. I think that this has also been the accent marks of when Tristan isn't in this lineup in its current iteration, how integral he has been to what Ronnie Diland wants to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think I think that's part of it. You if you're gonna play the way Rodney Diyland wants to play, you have to have midfielders, or at least one one of your two main midfielders have to have speed. And the only thing about Tristan I think that's been the biggest frustration this season is just the inconsistency. But I think if you take one aspect of the responsibility away from him and tell him, you know, because they they do have to work together. Whoever your your two six's or whatever you want to call them. Whoever your two midfielders are, they have to be on the same page when they're when you're trying to play through and because it can't always be that, you know your you're one guy sits back and just waits while your while your other one is the one moving forward. Because opposition will react to that, they'll figure it out, and then they're going to completely cut out your midfield, cut out the spine of your team, and then you're forced to play out wide. So you've got to be constantly moving in the midfield. You have to be constantly creating angles. So you need somebody that's gonna, you know, continue to run. But especially at that defensive option, you need somebody that has legs on them. They can really really, you know, turn it up a gear. And so with Tristan, if if you can tell him, you know, your main responsibility actually is as the defensive midfielder. You play forward when the opportunity presents itself, sure, but you be there to help out the center backs. Because we saw it a lot in the preseason where whoever was that number six, that defensive midfielder, they drop back as another center back at a lot of times, and I think that's a little bit of that has kind of fallen off lately. I haven't seen that as much kind of in the in the past four or five six matches. And I don't know if that's Diala tried something different or if it's just like a breakdown with the constant rotating you know.
Speaker 1: Well, And to that particular point.
Speaker 2: The way that.
Speaker 1: The way that and this is and I've taken this from Jason, is that you want one more center back than they have striker. So if you're going up against a team like a Nashville then you should be okay with your two center backs and having that six you're one of your your defensive minded six come in and be your bracket. If it's a team that plays two up top and like a four four two or whatever you want to call it, with two strikers in the attack, then you're gonna want that six to drop back literally and be that third center back to help you out there. So you've always got that man advantage. So I look at it that way. When you're going back line of Atlanta United versus striker, you always want one more back there and your starting lineup to start and then have individuals drift back from those two sixes to help you out either to bracket or to actually help defend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think this is also where it kind of becomes on. There's a little bit of bonus on the wing backs to kind of figure out how that chemistry and that cohesion is going to work. Because Atlanta wants to play wide, they do. They want to use their width, they want to use the speed on the width. But you I think in the past, like before this year, we've seen kind of just this one dimensional version where you just try to get it out wide and then move it up the pitch and then you send in crosses and hope that something something happens. When all Model was here, he helped mitigate a lot of that because if you could get the ball to Almada where he was at, he would make things happen down the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of positional gravity, you'd have more than one defender exactly. It means that someone's open and that person can sit there and continue things forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's where having Meggie kind of in that that space helps out because positional gravity, like a guy with that kind of danger, he's going to draw in defenders now naturally. So going back to playing through the middle, I mean you you always want to keep your your numerical superiority, the many, many syllable phrase that we use a lot. But in kind of that case of trying to build up, if you're having your number six or one of your midfielders kind of drop back, of course that's the time when you want your your wing backs to get higher up the pitch because that's going to pull defenders away and it's just going to continue to create. But we I think what we've seen a lot no matter how they try to build up, is as the game progresses, there is less and less off the ball movement from everybody. And like in the beginning of this match, every I've ben tweeted about it. Everybody was moving in sync with each other, especially when Nashville was in the ball. It was very well disciplined, it was very well drilled. It looked pretty, and it was effective because they they never really let Nashville have much of anything. And then when that fell off, it all fell off. You got to the point where there were just there were players that were watching it looked like the media match, just players like watching the ball go by and nobody's moving off the ball to create angles. And when that stops.
Speaker 1: Everything stops, and that goes back to Ronnie Dylad's points about he doesn't know if it's you know, physical, emotional, you know what, whatever's going on up here, especially when you've got that one goal lead Tyler Pilgrim hanging out with us as he always does here with the scarves and spikes as they get ready for the the midweek night time show and that that'll be tonight on the the S n S YouTube's and all of their social media is and you get to who's who's on Who's on with you tonight?
Speaker 3: So we're working on a guest. I don't have anybody verified yet. It's just been one of those weeks, but it'll be. It should be me, Tommy Sydney.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, so is is out out discovering stories and things?
Speaker 3: He he's out. Yeah, and he's also preparing to graduate.
Speaker 2: So I've never heard of this term.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me, neither.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this is.
Speaker 1: He's not allowed to take time off as he's preparing to graduate from Kennesaw States.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I told him, but he ignored me.
Speaker 1: Did you tell his dad that when he was in the press box?
Speaker 3: Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: It's like like ach Acha V point one, Sir, he's not allowed to take time off and graduate.
Speaker 2: That's not how this played.
Speaker 3: No, he can't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: No, it's like you got stuff to do. I know that.
Speaker 1: Like I said, as the weekend, As the week goes, we've got to get into our OPO research. For Chicago, you're looking at a team that will not have Chris Brady because he decided to go in studs up in the thirty sixth minute last time out, and so Chicago played the purple team with ten and you end up with a goalless draw. Jonathan gall ended up playing the final fifty plus. I think fifty four and thirty six is ninety. Yes, So Jonathan gall one of the supplementals, the thirty four year old hometown guy. I think he's probably gonna be between.
Speaker 2: The sticks.
Speaker 1: Chicago. They've given Greg Burhalter the keys. He is Bill Parcells. He is the guy who is the vice president, general manager. He is player personnel, he is head coach, he is the whole thing. He is Bill Parcells in Chicago. What are you anticipating after a goal of straw from Chicago and after them giving up seven to Nashville, and they are the box that they are the box of Russell Stover's chocolates Right now, Man, you don't know.
Speaker 3: You're literally about to say that.
Speaker 1: You don't know what you're getting out of Russell Stover's FC otherwise known as Chicago Fire right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you genuinely have no idea which I'm gonna make a dig here. Sounds like Burr Halter. You just never know what you're gonna get, no offense, Greg, But I mean, yeah, I think it's it's one of those where you have to obviously look at the glaring elephant in the room, which is you're playing against a backup keeper.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean you've got to test him.
Speaker 2: Shoot it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, period. Yeah, you got to take some shots.
Speaker 2: Shoot it, yep.
Speaker 3: And I don't care if it's you know, twenty five thirty yards out. Yeah, you have to just take the freaking shots.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: So that's that's number one, Like, just go test him, make him earn his spot. Yeah, he got from a red card. But besides that, I mean, formationally, you try to look at Chicago and the way that they play, and it's all over the place. I mean, I think there's a type of identity there, but it can be picked apart so well. And I really do think this is a match where your guys like Latte Lofe, you're you're quick guys, where they're going to be able to get in behind and if you play your cards right. And that's my biggest concern is just can Atlanta come out with the right game plan and implement it and stick to it for ninety minutes and get back there and really really test out the keeper on the other side of the ball. I mean, it's Chicago's scoring goals. It's not that they're not, they're just giving up a ton too.
Speaker 2: So I mean.
Speaker 3: I would say this has the chance to be a shootout, and it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But.
Speaker 3: I think if excuse me, if Atlanta can go into this and try to just be a bit more disciplined then they've been in the past four or five matches, then you can come out of this one. I really do think minimum a draw. I really do feel that way. And I know, like going up to Chicago, Chicago has always been a place it's really weirdly tough for Atlanta, But I think you can pull something out of this one. But if you go up there and you switch off at any point, I mean, you forget about it, You're done.
Speaker 1: And I had Oh it was Michael Head's question. Early on in our conversation. Michael brought into the Twitch Pitch big picture third of the way through the season, where is the hope? He was thinking that obviously the bringing back the Garth comment about being back, but where is the hope?
Speaker 3: I think the hope is still there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I do think the team unfortunately does run the risk playing the way that they are right now. Of I'm not going to say the phrase like run them away, because I don't think that's what it is. I just think it's not going to draw in the casuals, you know, the way that maybe it did before you start winning again and all that changes. But as far as the hope, I mean, that's the reason there's still hope. In my opinion, this is my personal opinion, is you have guys like Lattel, Migal Almron, Alexei, Marin Chuck. For all the crap that he's been given, he's still a good soccer player. He's just not fitting the way things are right now. Saba, who was the guy last year I mean, it's not that you have a team, you know, full of nobodies that can't do anything, that aren't coached. Well, you have a team full of talent that is either again opinion, being misused or just not living up to their full potential. And then you have a coach who I think just hasn't quite been able to figure it all out yet. And I mean that's got to be fixed. That you've got eleven twelve games in almost twelve games in Yeah, you need to start quickly getting whatever identity you're going to have for the rest of the season, because the time is running out for the excuses. The time is running out for you know, all of us to be able to say, as we analyze MLS on a weekly basis, for us to be able to say, oh, well, you know, it's just the beginning of the season. It's not worth third of the way at this point. And so though the tables are going to change massively between now and October, at least things are kind of starting to take shape, and you don't want to be stuck down at number twelve or thirteen or whatever for the rest of the season. But I do think that it is fixable because of the talent that you have on the pitch and off the pitch.
Speaker 2: You could be La.
Speaker 3: You could be La or Montreal.
Speaker 1: Which one of those is. Knowing the injuries in Los Angeles and knowing the lack of playing at home for Montreal, it is one. Does one stand out more at eight and three to you than the other?
Speaker 3: I mean the Galaxy for sure, just because they're coming off being in most Cup champions. You know, all through the preseason in the beginning of the season, I kept saying, and a lot of us kept saying, like, oh, once they get these guys back, it'll be okay. But you've more or less got everybody back except for Riki Pooch obviously it's the big one. But you have Marco Royd, like you have one of the better midfielders traditionally historically, you know, in the world, and it's just not working. The thing about the Galaxy that's wild though, is like they're creating opportunities, they're taking shots. They just have the worst luck. I mean the drunk ue cool game of the weekend this past weekend that is insane to me, Like, how do you how are you that unlucky? And then on the other side, of it Montreal, Like we go back to them firing their coach at the beginning of the season. Shouldn't have done that, that was stupid. But whatever, we're not the ones in charge. I do feel like maybe they've got a few more excuses than the Galaxy does, because the Galaxy still has talent on their team. They're just not They're just not winning games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like you, I will, I will. I will answer Michael's questions like where's the hope. I am still optimistic that they will get things squared away. I know, obviously you have to figure out formationally what it's gonna look like. I know that Ronnie likes the two sixes. You know, do you do you end up with like we saw last time out? Does MIGGI end up as more of a second striker playing behind Latte a lot as opposed to off to the side too, you know, draw folks in and then get Latte a lot three. Uh So I'm looking at it more. Yeah, I'm gonna have a back four. Y'all have my two sixes, and then the midfield is what it's going to be, and then you have Miggy And I don't know if I can do this in three dimensions or not, but you so literally it's like you had Yeah, so like this, like if you're looking at a graphic, so Latte a lot and then Miggi playing you know, and you know, Miggi playing behind as a second striker, and so Miggy can that way, Miggy can go oh there he goes, yes, yeah, get out the get out the get out the drawing board here. So basically I think that you know, maybe to give Miggy more freedom, you play him as the second striker, which is what we saw and draw there we go, yes, am, Miggi Yeah, and Latte a lot, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: That is what we're staring at. Uh.
Speaker 1: And also, I mean you're a good week out of being in the playoffs themselves, and there are a lot of folks right now in Major League soccer. Yeah there yeah, so that's what you're kind of staring at.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So you're you're.
Speaker 1: Looking at mid On Chuck as your point guard. You're looking at it that these are the things that you've got to figure out. But I'm thinking that, you know, instead of on the wing. You know, we saw Miggi as a second striker, gives him more latitude to create behind Lte a lot working east west Latte a lot. You know, everything goes in and you work to work the speed with lots of a lot working in from behind. But he hasn't quite had the chances to do that. So right now the midfield combination is where we are. But for the hope, I've got it. You know, like I said, you have a good week, you start leap frogging folks, and I think that it takes that one result. I think it legitimately takes that one result that you're staring at and gives you the notion of Okay, there's something here. And I think if you get that one solid win where everything is together, that you can show everybody that hey, we know how to do this. We've known the entire time. Now we've implemented it the way that we want to. Let's build off of that. I think it's the one good result where you play that good ninety minutes, where you can build off of that.
Speaker 2: I think that's the answer to the question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at New England, who's apparently their get right game was the Atlanta But you know, I mean we were I felt like we were seconds away from Caleb Porter being fined.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree, And now they've.
Speaker 3: They figured it out and then they I think they figured out that. I thought about it on m last Monday, but like not not to make this long. You have a team that was halfway decent defensively, they weren't really letting in a lot of goals. They just couldn't score and they were you know, giving up one and losing. They've kept the defensive capabilities, but they've got Carlis Hill working, They've got guys feeding him, and then at the end of the day, they're finishing chances and not allowing anything else in. So they I think they figured out how they want to play or how they best play. Maybe they don't want to play that way, but they're doing it, and I want to play the way that's gonna win. So if I'm them, I'm gonna keep doing that. Yeah, Cincinnati was kind of off to a weird start and they've kind of gotten it under control. Not that they were bad ever, but I mean, you know, it's it's all a matter of just you kind of figure out what works. Because something is gonna work with this team, something is gonna work. You just got to figure out what it is?
Speaker 2: All right, So what's going on? When? Who? What? Where? Tonight?
Speaker 3: Seven o'clock tonight. We got our show to be me, Tommy Sidney and more than likely a guest. I'm just not quite sure who you are from. It's just been one of those weeks where things kind of gotten kicked back, kicked back, kicked back. But yeah, I'm seven o'clock. This weekend, I will be like, we'll be doing our normal stuff on on Saturday for the Chicago match, but I have birthday stuff to do this weekend for my oldest Thunderbolts slash the other name if you haven't seen it or whatever, and then the day.
Speaker 2: We'll take your word for it, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: And Sunday I'm gonna be at the Beins well there for the post Molone and Jelly Roll concert.
Speaker 1: Okay, please enjoy and give us a report card when you know stuff as always my.
Speaker 3: First time in the Bens. Not for lady and soccer.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, so yeah, we need a report card next week. All right, be good, my friend.
Speaker 3: Good to see, so y'all appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Goes Tyler hot Tag, bring in Dylan, find out what's going on in the rest of Major League Soccer. Uh So, first and foremost, sir, your your Newcastle.
Speaker 2: They're they're they're hanging in there. They're they're doing their thing.
Speaker 1: They're they're in the European spots, but they're in that massive humanity from three to seven, only a couple of matches to go.
Speaker 2: Where's there? Are you? Are you angst Leyden? Are you confident? Where are you with your Newcastle?
Speaker 5: Tough matches?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Tough matches ahead of a huge a huge six pointer against uh against the Blues coming up on Sunday morning, which I will not. I mean, it's the it's the god for's sake in seven a m slot and I've got MLS the night before this, so that's not happening.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I.
Speaker 1: Know, But but I mean you can't at least go back and rewind it and take a peek at it.
Speaker 2: You sit there and it's like, yeah, okay, I mean, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Have some I have some thing on my phone, did an update and now I get like live time scores with with possessions and all kinds of fun stuff, and so yeah, I don't know if I can keep it hidden. Oh I know you can, and you know, good for Tyler by the way, because I'd imagine it'll be probably the first time he leaves the Bends this year, not like cursing and screaming about what he saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's probably true unless you're a fan of the opposition. Uh, when you look at Atlanta United in the conversations that you have in the Northeast and on the national level, what are the the the talking points?
Speaker 2: Is it more questions? Is it? What? What?
Speaker 1: What is the national slash northeastern vibe right now about Atlanta United here a third of the way through the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not good, all right, I mean it's it's a team. You know. Look, when when you spend the way that they've spent, you should be better, right, Like, I mean that's in a similar fashion, right, Like Austin spent like thirty million or whatever it is on their forwards and their attackers and they can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went into that where og and Brandon vass leading scorers right now for Austin.
Speaker 5: So you know it's it's uh and for like like look, if you're if you're I don't know, I don't know what other team you want to compare it to, But like if you are a team that is having the struggles that Atlanta has and you don't have the personnel. You're like, all right, we just need to get players, right, but you have players, yeah, and that's the frustrating part. It's it's it's getting I guess that cohesion among the players you have, figuring out the right spots. You would hope, what is it eleven games now that that would have been figured out by now. Yeah, And sometimes, uh, you know, I mean maybe maybe the lesson here and you know, I think it's too early for this, but uh, you know, maybe sometimes it's not all about the Benjamins, right, Like it's it's it's uh, you know, you you need you know, I don't know, Like I mean, you know, you heard Dax McCarty, and again he was in that locker room, so I think his word speaks louder than most talking about the leadership component. Right, where is the Jeff Lorentowitz in that room?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Where's the Michael Parkhurst in that room? I don't know. I mean, guzan, I suppose, but it's hard to be a leader as a goalie. So I don't know where that leadership is coming. I don't know. I don't know who in that locker room is like, you know, throwing the gatoray thing to the floor and being like what's going on or knocking over all.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, no, no, I just match right, Yeah, a roskompoil. I mean right now you're seeing it from one of our nineteen year old center backs. And Noah Cobb, who was he knows he's come up through the academy system, so he knows what it's like. And I know that a lot of folks that will watch us, listen to us, what have you, they look at Noah and sit there and go future captain right there because of what Noah says when he's asked about things in post match interviews, because he's lived and breathed and died with the Crest ever since he walked in, coming in from the Academy system to his minutes on the first team.
Speaker 5: But that's telling that it's right that it's a nineteen year old, yeah, coming up through the system. Who's got the answers, Who's who's yeah, Who's who's got to answer the questions in front of the press, right, who's like stepping up and taking accountability?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And it was just that case.
Speaker 1: It was two weeks ago when it was Noah and Jay Fortune, the name that Dax McCarty has been alluding to as one of the mandatory starters in your midfield that you're seeing so far with ATLANDA United. Uh uh, I asked Tyler this in the first in the first hour, which one when you look at Montreal and Lag out of the blocks and Michael Head in our in our twitch pitch, one of our A listers, he's said that, yeah, they started with their first seven away from home and then they dismissed a coach and so you know, not necessarily and the lack of patients shown by Joey Supputo, which is like, okay, the sun rises, you pay taxes in April, and Joey Saputo fires a coach, the you know, death and taxes and Joey Supputa pretty much of the way things are in Montreal. How stunning is it for you to see what's going on with Lag, who are eight.
Speaker 5: He's like the George steimerunner.
Speaker 2: Of yeah he is, he is.
Speaker 1: I don't know who the George Castanza would be in that organization currently, just kind of hiding under his death.
Speaker 2: Making the bed.
Speaker 1: But how shocking is it that one player seems to be making this much of a difference in La G considering they don't have Ricky Pooge. They started the season with Joseph painTill injured. He's back, so Gabriel Peck was the one. Marco Royce was out. He's back and now injured. Yeah, now he's back and injured as he left, and Paintsvill left the last match with with dings and we don't know how dinged they are.
Speaker 2: But how shocking is this start for you from LA G?
Speaker 5: So you started, you were starting down, I guess, like which is more shocking and.
Speaker 1: Kind of sort of But then I looked at Joyce, certainly at la Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because because they were the team, you know, coming off a championship, right and and you know, looking like that great championship team, and and you know, everyone, you know, the whole the whole story about them was all right, well, let's just let them get through the early portion of the season, and then in the summer Ricky Pooch comes back and then they're fine, Well, they've dug themselves so big of a hole like they have, you know, just to even make the playoffs at this point it would seem it would take some sort of a miracle. So the wheels falling off there are certainly.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of people. I think a lot of people when they saw the makeup and even some of the players they lost, were like, you know, maybe L A. G. Aren't going to be the same, you know, but they're still I don't know, top tier type of team, right and and they're they're they're they're battling out in that and that spoon uh spoon race with with Montreal, and the only the only difference right now is that Montreal has scored three less goals than they have it eight and three.
Speaker 1: Galaxy have scored eight goals and eleven. They've given up twenty one. They're at a minus thirteen in goal difference. And you look at Montreal eight and three, they've only scored five. Toronto it's you know, it's like, you know, north of the border, it's where all the problems are except over in the west, within co Toronto and Robin Frasier, by all accounts, he's a fantastic coaching, a great guy, but he is stuck in a situation right now. Where I don't think Toronto knows who they are. They're trying to jettison a lot of their high priced talent. But outside of the high priced talent, you're kind of going, you know, what are you staring at? And then it's I mean, you still have everybody you know from Atlanta on up. If you have a good week, you're into the playoff. Picture Caleb Porter makes a formation change. They've caught fire. When we were kicking dirt on Caleb Porter and now they're nine red Bulls. They beat Colorado Springs last night and Open Cup, but they're a point out.
Speaker 2: Chicago's in a rebuild.
Speaker 1: DC United they won last night an Open Cup with Troy La Saine and I figured after what happened in San Jose that you know, Troylo Saine and players would not have been allowed on the plane after what happened. It's like nope, It's like the the lane Kiffin firing at USC. Pat Hayden just does it on the tarmac and then then the plane takes off and heads back to Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: And they have a Gerard Glant too in the NHL.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was like a picture of him like getting an uber.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, so, I mean, you've got a lot of the traditional names up top in the East right now, a third of the way through the year, Columbus and Philly and Cincy Messian Friends have a match in hand. So the fact that they're three points back, you know, I still think that Messian Friends have been proven human in a couple of points, even though they've lost only once in Major League Soccer in the Eastern Conference, Charlotte has a ten and see to complain probably more than they should, considering Wilf Saha went out on social media and he's like, you know, don't you know, don't clap back at me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was bizarre, Like, I don't I'm not in Charlotte right, Like it felt so so early in this season to to to bring that noise, like yeah, it's not like the forty thousand plus or whatever you have at the bank are chanting like Zaha out or something.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, Zaha blanks you know.
Speaker 5: I mean talking, I mean super sensitive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Dean Smith, uh, you know, having a gig in Charlotte. Not that Dean Smith may may basketball fans rest his soul, but uh, you know, when you've got a guy named Dean Smith in Charlotte, and then now Dean Smith has now started going to complaining about referees and he's gone down that now and he's starting to clap back. It's like, well, welcome to major league soccer, and welcome to major League soccer in the South, sir, welcome aboard.
Speaker 2: How are you yeah?
Speaker 5: That's that that that that's not gonna get you anywhere?
Speaker 2: No, no, no it is not.
Speaker 5: And so listen, credit credit goes back. You're mentioning, right, credit to Kayleb Porteraman Like to be fair, you know, coaches like players have egos, right, some bigger than others. And he could have stuck to his guns and said, this is who we are. Let's figure it out. You know, if the players I have on the field can't play the way that I want, we'll get new players. But he he uh, he recognized the necessity to change the way that he wants to play. Yeah, and he's gotten results out of it, right, Like, I mean, look, you know, if you want to go glass half empty, you know, has the opposition been really really good that they've played, No, not really, but they have cleaned it up defensively and they've allowed Carlos Heel to do what he does best, which is rome and get free and and and just be a creative force.
Speaker 2: Be free, be free, Carlos Heel.
Speaker 5: That's it, that's it. Let him, Let him be free like a butterfly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh so we know the combination of the defensive solidity and the free roaming Heel has resulted in what four straight wins, right like, so super impressive by them, for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, but and you look at the numbers, it's like it's one nil, it's one one, it's it's it's not it's not the glossy stuff. They've only scored nine goals. And I mean you take obviously the first couple of matches where they were throwing up clunkers, and you end up with not all they have only scored nine goals in ten matches. But at the same time they's only giving up seven. So it's one of the best defenses that we've seen so far, regardless of schedule, in not allowing goals. And you've scored enough to get you by and so right now you're slightly above five hundred and you're you know, north of the playoff bar, so you know, you tip your hat to the adjustment so far from what we've seen, even though it's not it ain't glossy, and they're not going to get into you know, they're not getting into that top tier of the East anytime soon either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that's that's a hard Like you mentioned Miami, Columbus, you know, Cincinnati, like those are, that's a that's a tough Like I wouldn't have Charlotte up there. I think they're a second tier right now, maybe top of that second tier, but yeah, I like New England is probably you know, they're in that second tier, but I think they're you know a little bit middle to to towards the top of that.
Speaker 1: Has Philly surprised you with Bradley Parnell coming in as Red Bulls Light and doing what they're doing.
Speaker 5: And especially when they when they look like, you know, they were just having a yard sale out there, just selling off all their parts and trying to sell some lemonade while they're at it, like, you know, get it, get as much money as you can. But yeah, no, absolutely, Now, like any energy drink model, is it sustainable right, like like like the beverage that you know, we've we've come to known about energy drink what you know, what what is what energy drinks do? Right, Like they give you that that energy for a certain amount of time and then it's and then it's you know, then you crash. Right, So you know whether your energy drink is for you mountain dew or you know, something with a little more caffeine in it, like a red Bull. But uh yeah, that's so it is that sustainable through the season. But to this point one hundred percent, you know, like they I would have had them either below the line or right near the line or somewhere around there, you know, trying to trying to keep their head above water at this point, and and they far exceeded what I thought. And you know what I think, Uh, I think a big credit needs to go to Carnal then, right, like uh he was he was an interim in New York. Uh he goes to Saint Louis, has success there, but he's jettisons and now he's found new life there and he's and he's proven you know, like look, you know that that that he's that he's a quality coach.
Speaker 1: And so we've seen that so far so far, and just looking at the sheer offensive numbers that you see out of Philadelphia. You sit there and you go, what you know, ty barbou getting the It's like, what have you done with Phillies offense? And what is this Phillies offense that we're staring at?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Were there twenty one goals averaging to a match only giving up ten with Blake and Andrew and with Blake and Rick and net So I mean, right now Philly's hanging around to stay. But I know that you're looking at the post energy drink consumption crash because there's gonna be that time where you're gonna have to do things philosophically and can you is it sustainable over a full thirty four matches? Dylan Butler mlosccer dot com dropping by talking about everything going on in MLS because if he was at MLS Soccer dot com and we're talking about something entirely different than that might be an issue. I mean, then you look at the West and I know that we man, we were all kicking dirt on Vancouver. You get rid of any Sartini, but now I think that at the same time, you give Sartini his props for what he assembled. And then yes, ber Sorenson, who has come in now and you're look, you're you're still rolling and rolling and rolling. You've only lost once so far this season, in your first eleven. You're going all the way to the end of the Conka Caff Hemispheric Extravaganza, and you're still trotting out for the most part, you're trotting out. You're same starting eleven each and every single time.
Speaker 2: You're you have not lost.
Speaker 1: Your one loss came at home, where you are five and one this year. Vancouver. For me, we mentioned Philadelphia being a surprise in the Eastern Conference. I think Vancouver is a surprise in the Western Conference to the extent with where they are right now seven points clear of everybody else, but a shocker out of the blocks with them that they have been able to accomplish all of this stuff under a new coach, with a philosophy, with pretty much most of the same players from last year, and.
Speaker 5: With injuries and with uh Conca calf right, like, these are not supposed These are not things that are supposed to happen.
Speaker 2: Yes, team these things is not like the other No, So yeah, huge.
Speaker 5: Huge credit Sorenson. I mean, you know, if it was, it's not. But if it was Awards season, he would have to be certainly the coach of the Year and you probably can can can you know you'd have a shout for maybe three different best eleven type guys right on that team, with uh, with White, you know, with black Men, with even even Vita. Now you know me, like we we've we've had this conversation, you know, every every week for a few years, and and I've been on that Vancouver train for a while, but not to this extent. I'm not no, I'm absolutely not saying I saw this at all. I thought they were a very good team. I liked their parts. I was worried like most when Sartini left. Granted I didn't know anything about Sorenson, ah, but for sure for them to do what they've done. Brian Gold, now you know who I thought for for so long was one of the most underrated players in the league. Brian White the same. It's pretty funny now like with White scoring the way that he's scoring in multiple competitions, like you know, you start to get into that best if you're Vancouver or worst if you're the Red Bulls trades of all time kind of talks, right, because since Brian White left and what was that for? Was it four hundred thousand? I think it was all right?
Speaker 1: Hang on, so I will I will search Brian White to Vancouver Transaction.
Speaker 5: When I say it's like four hundred.
Speaker 1: Thousand, gam okay, yes, you were correct, sir.
Speaker 2: It is in June of twenty twenty one. Two.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brian, four hundred thousand in gam and you could also if your Red Bulls receive an additional one hundred thousand if White meets certain performance based metrics.
Speaker 2: Of course this was all has sick dated June second of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Don't know what the h don't know what the expiration date was on those performance based metrics, but if.
Speaker 5: Well, he was doing it from the very beginning though, I mean like he And that's the thing, right, like who's who's been knowing? It's been a revolving door at that position for the Red Bulls since he left, there hasn't They haven't found that guy, you know White? You know, I go back that was when I was like regularly covering the Red Bulls and you know, if you remember, he was the guy filling in for BWP, right like BWP was injured his last year with Red Bulls and and Brian White came in and you know, just that hard working Jersey kid and just had a nose for goal and but just severely underrated and and now you know only does his score goals in a variety of ways in different competitions as well. So yeah, huge credits to Vancouver. It's it's actually funny because you know, we're getting close to like rivalry week in MLS and and you know, it made me think the other day about Cascadia and how for how many years now has the Cascadie conversation been only Seattle and Portland, right like Vancouver's been like that other like the little brother on.
Speaker 2: The side Vancouver.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're not with us, you know, like you know, go go play in the sand over there.
Speaker 1: Just sit over at the small table in the other in the in the foyer while you eat.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And now they're at the big table right like. And and I think and Portland's starting to play better and Seattle starting to play better. So I think a lot of heat on Cascadie this year. I think that's gonna be a lot of fun between the three of.
Speaker 1: Those eight goals allowed. So far this season by Vancouver taka Oka. Right now, he's going to be in the discussion obviously for Golden Glove with their defense eight one and two out of the blocks, goal difference of plus fourteen score twenty two and only given up eight Minnesota. Speaking of giving up possession, Minnesota thinks the ball's got cooties, and Eric Ramsey doesn't want it, is like, nah, not feeling it. And so Minnesota they had I think they had possession against Austin a third of the time and insert Austin joke here, but you end up with a three zero win on your chances. And we talked literally at the beginning of our conversation this week, we were talking about Austin and og being the second leading goal scorer for Austin, and you dropped all that money on the three up top with Bukari Uzuni and US Open Cup hero Brandon Vasquez down here in Atlanta, and you've got four goals from three dudes who you've dropped I want to say, twenty five million on and bringing the three of the man and it right now just is not happening under Nico Estevez and literally you're like, yikes, you've You've only scored seven goals in eleven matches this year, you've given up almost twice as many. Just think about how Austin would be if they didn't have Brad Steuben.
Speaker 5: And yeah, well and we saw the worst of him this past weekend with a a rare howler from him. But it's funny, right, Like, so the inverse is here all the heat on Cascadia, Yeah, Copatejas not so much. It's like it's like, you guys want to win this. Nah, Hey, you know, we're good. How about you guys? Maybe, well I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Oh, well to you're okay.
Speaker 1: So here here's how since you mentioned Copetaos, all right, so here we are Austin's at.
Speaker 2: Five, five and one eleven.
Speaker 1: They are at sixteen points there and six Dallas four four and three one and three at home by the way, which I have just to me, that's a shocker.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the construction that you know, all of the.
Speaker 5: Said loud noises happening during the match.
Speaker 1: Loud noises literally, you know, the sawdust coming from the far side and everything.
Speaker 5: You guys keep it down over there.
Speaker 2: Exactly, we're trying to work.
Speaker 1: And then Houston at two five and four and Benny Ball they're at minus six and they're next to last, but they're in that gaggle at ten points. And you know, once again, everybody is within short of the team at the bottom, lag and short of the team at the bottom Montreal. Right now, you've got a good week together. You're in the playoff picture and cop.
Speaker 5: And we're gonna have a double wee coming up up the just past match day twelve.
Speaker 1: So and so Austin six Dallas at nine, Houston at fourteen.
Speaker 2: Uh. To your point, Copetea is just.
Speaker 1: Kind of like maybe maybe a little later, just but not right now, just not feeling it's just it's just the.
Speaker 5: What I've been a fan of for for for a while and I think it's what's that you a fan of? COVID No, No, I've well, we've spoken a few times about the Canadian classique, although not so much this year, not so much. But Rocky Mountain Cup for me, is always delivered. Like that's a fun one, yeah for sure, Like that's kind of like a low key you know everyone you know traffic, oh sure, and but yeah, like Rocky Mountain Cup is always in like the in like the weirdest ways, like just always delivers a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Mm hm and uh speaking of a spansion. By the way, as two hockey guys, it is now officially the Utah Mammoth. And I like the black I like the black sweater for the Utah Mammoth.
Speaker 5: That's very very I didn't see that, but I'm seeing it now on your phone. Yeah, I like the Mammoth.
Speaker 1: Just released that they are the Utah Mammoth apparently now, as according to Greg Rushinsky, is about a half hour ago.
Speaker 2: San Diego.
Speaker 1: You know, like I said, Minnesota thinks the balls got cooties. They don't want it, but right now, possession numbers don't care because if you're a second in the ladder, that's all that matters. In the West San Diego, I thought they regressed to the mean a little bit, and I think they played better without Chuky Lozano. And they're now that Chuky is back. You're you know, you're fourth right now, ahead of LAFC and Seattle probably, you know, with all of their injuries, they got to figure out how to navigate Jordan Morris. We'll find out more about that tomorrow. When you look at the rest of the West Bruce Arena. You don't know which San Jose you're getting on a daily bab there.
Speaker 5: They might be the most fun. Why if you're a neutral like we are. Yeah, and if you're gonna be up anyway, like the most fun watch out there, man, because they they just played drunk soccer. Yes, it's just that's like a that's like a pick, that's likek a beer league hockey game every every week.
Speaker 2: I'm just going out there.
Speaker 5: They're scoring goals, they're giving up goals.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, I mean it's well, they have the best offense in Major League Soccer at twenty four goals scored, and I'm counting. I'm counting to see how many teams have given up more goals too. Let's see three four. So they have the fifth worst defense, So that puts them at twenty fifth, twenty fourth, twenty fifth and Major League Soccer in defense, but they're number one in offense. And so that's what you're getting with all of these folks that have been thrown together the island of misfit offense in San Jose.
Speaker 5: And if you were, if you're a fan of the Quakes, I'm sure you just banging your head against the wall every single match.
Speaker 1: You're just You're like, Bruce Arena was supposed to give us all of this stuff, and he's like, well, I've given you all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Were the revs.
Speaker 1: West and we have all of this offense, but you're giving up so damn many goals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're you know, we're scoring a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's it's that's the crazy part with San Jose right now. Kansas City has actually found their sea legs a little bit under Kerry Z where they were at the bottom and they were kind of trying to figure out how to get rid of the cement shoes and they kind of done that. Over the last couple of weeks. We mentioned what happened with this week in MLS history, and I think Mayo Yoshida face is probably going to turn into a either a new gift or a new.
Speaker 2: Meme going forward.
Speaker 1: So not even a shot on target Mayoshida and og and you come up with three points.
Speaker 2: But that's what it takes sometimes.
Speaker 5: Whatever whatever by any means.
Speaker 1: Any means necessary except all right, So, my friend, what's going on with you this weekend? And I know that since you apparently from the early discussions it sounds like you've got MLS after dark, so you can't hang around for the earlies on Sunday involving your beloved Newcastle.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got well, pray for me first tonight because I have what is it eleven matches on the Oh.
Speaker 1: You're mister Open Cup I am oh.
Speaker 5: I am oh, eleven eleven on the slate. I think tonight involving MLS teams.
Speaker 1: Yes, we will discuss those coming up after your departure, sir. But considering that last night was chalk, even though it was scary for some folks, tonight might be chaos.
Speaker 5: I think, especially I don't have in front of me, but I think especially later in the night.
Speaker 2: San Jose Phoenix in Houston.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, yeah, yeah, there's a good good chance for some cup sets if you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and lu City hosting Minnesota Night at early on. I think that that one might have Danny Cruz v Eric Ramsey. I think that that one might be interesting. But no, that's some that's you might have. Some might have some stuff early, might have some chaos late, but no, so you okay, so you've got the whole Open Cup solo.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm just sitting here with a with eleven different matches happening.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna watch eleven matches? Sir? How many? How many can you have?
Speaker 5: A well, I mean how many are at the same time?
Speaker 2: Right, Like, well, let's see, all right.
Speaker 1: So one at seven, four at seven thirty, three at eight, one at eight thirty, one at ten, and one at ten thirty.
Speaker 2: So it's early early on chaos.
Speaker 5: And between us, the Knicks are also playing.
Speaker 1: So I was not aware of this. Yeah, so I look, I'm locked into the magic of the Open Cup. It's it's a rare night off from high school because we had the quarterfinals, State quarters last night. Wow, of the semifinals tomorrow and Friday, and the state championships are next week. So it is a rare midweek makeup day where nothing has to be made up.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, I had my I had my five lacrosse games last week. Just one coming up on Saturday. But it's a good one. It's a it's a fun one. I just wanted to shout this out a little bit. Manhasset, you know where a guy named Jim Brown once played lacrosse.
Speaker 2: He was okay, I heard him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, against Shamanad. It's Uh, it's the annual Reegs Rock. It is called named after Jimmy Reagan. He was a Manhasseant resident. He wore number nineteen for Shamanad, went on and play the Duke was like a Wall Street guy and nine eleven happens. Uh said, you know, I gotta get out of this suit. He put on a superhero uniform, went to be an Army Ranger where he ultimately, you know, gave his life for this country. So every year, you know, the town that he lived in, Manhassett and their team take on the high school that he went to, Shamanad. Every year there's a player who wears nineteen in his honor for Shamanad. So it's a really cool thing to keep him, to keep him alive and his memory alive, and you know, for the for the Army Rangers lead the Way Foundation as well, So it's good stuff.
Speaker 2: Varsity Media on the YouTube's Yes.
Speaker 5: It will be four a'clock on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Well, get your rest, get your nap in because of the magic of the open Cup tonight as always, my friend, great to see. Don't be a stranger, drop in whenever because you get the Keys to the Kingdom in the garage door opener, so you know how to get in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cheers, All right, there he goes. It's a Dylan.
Speaker 1: So Dylan is going to go rest up because he's got the magic of the open cup tonight. Speaking of the magic of the open Cup, let's go over our juice boxes and our surprises that we think may happen last night, just to give you an idea about what went down.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was fairly chalkish, but it was scary at times because Charlotte decided that they wanted to rotate and it almost turned out to be catastrophic. So the lineup last night for them in an eventual for to one win. It was an eventual for one win, but it took him north of ninety minutes to get there, tied at one after ninety North Carolina FC did not score in the following thirty.
Speaker 2: But here's the.
Speaker 1: Lineup that Charlotte decided to tempt fate with last night. And obviously when you get to tempt fate with somebody like Patrick Ajimong, that's never a bad thing. So the lineup once again, David Bingham started in net last night Jaquill, Marshall, Ruddy, Andrew Privett, built Tuoe Looma, wore the captain's armband, Nick Scardina, Jabril Diani, Eric Williamson, You'ury Tavares, Tiger Smalls, Edentoe Klamatti and Crowin Vargas. That was your starting lineup last night for Dean Smith and Charlotte. That was how much you thought you could handle in North Carolina FC. Your bench Leilabada, Patrick Godjamong, Brent Bronico, Mar's Neely Petkovich and Tim Reen. You had a seven person bench last night in open Cup, so you played you had eighteen, including a backup keeper. But your starting lineup last night did not include your number one keeper Bingham, Marshall, Ruddy, Privet, Toy Lomas, Guardina, Diane Williamson, Youry Tavares, Tiger Smalls, Edentoeklamati and Crowin Vargas. And you had to bring in Patrick Godgimong to help you out in that final thirty minutes to get the duke. You tempted fate, Sir. You almost flew too close to the sun. You almost flew too close to the sun. You ended up getting the win. Took extra time to do it. You won four to one. Ninety minute draw was a plus two thirty eight DC United. I guess, Dell, here's the conversation for open cups. So if you feel compelled to turn away and hit mute, feel free. DC United beat Charleston. You can see Dell's comments in the twitch pitch about how they played better than DC. D C was a plus two sixty two on the ninety minute draw, so either way. Nashville scored early in the first half. They won one nil at Giotis against Chattanooga Red Wolves. Chattanooga red Wolves had a red so they played most of the match with ten. Nashville did just enough to win Red Bulls. As we figured, if they scored early, it was not going to be a problem.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 1: They beat switched back so to plus one zero six y four to one. Then the chaos that happened eight last night was a starfire as we anticipated, and it was almost what we anticipated anticipating was gonna happen. One nil lead for Portland, second half, Tacoma Defiance scores twice in three minutes to take a two to one lead. Then late you get an equalizer and then you get another goal for Portland before they were done. Portland wins it three to two at a minus three twelve. But it goes a little deeper than that. After the match, catching up with the head coach of Tacoma Defiance ever Ads, here are his comments about the match in and of itself. And this comes from our friends at Sounder at Hart and we'll talk to our buddy Nico moreno more about this tomorrow, but here's what happened after the match. Postmatch comments from Tacoma Defiance head coach ever Ads see.
Speaker 2: Maybe go forward with with what happened.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I mean, I'm gonna speak to Wade and Henry. I'm like they have to have a conversation. Okay, yes, they can't change the result.
Speaker 2: But we have that riff. We have the same the same problem. So it is but you guys have experienced that with that guy in the past.
Speaker 5: We've had we've had experiences with this.
Speaker 6: So when he when he was a sit there riff, we knew that we were going to get a lot of goals and as we saw today, we didn't.
Speaker 2: Get a lot of goals either. So it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Obviously an MLS next pro team playing against an MLS team.
Speaker 5: They fielded a lot of MLS guys.
Speaker 2: The level of competition is a tough one.
Speaker 1: I think, looking particular at your two center backs, two young eighteen year old guys against Kevin Kelsey, who is a big money.
Speaker 2: Signing for Cincinnati before he came to.
Speaker 5: The Timbers, how did you feel like your guys stacked up against.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you what Kevin told me after the game when he came me shake my hand. He said, Hey, don't don't be discouraged by that. Your to me is very, very good, and he felt it because most of the game he didn't do anything, but he only showed up for the penalty and he's a big time striking. Like I'm so proud of my guys, Sonny, we were so good in that game.
Speaker 2: We were so good in that game.
Speaker 5: But you just follow a little bit short.
Speaker 6: And that happens with youth, right, There's a little bit of inconsistency sometimes in the game. You know, we should have scored two goals in the first half. That second goal should endo.
Speaker 2: Have gone in.
Speaker 6: That's what we're going to analyze.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: D is the head coach of Tacoma Defiance, and if you watched the match, there was a handball call late that would have given to Coma another goal on the board, or the opportunity with a handball in the box, another handball that would have given them a chance to get another goal from the spot that could have changed game state and the approach in the final fifteen minutes or so could have gone an extra thirty. It did not. You get the win for Portland. Substitution comes in, scores with tend to go to tie it up and then they end up with yet another goal on the board and it ends up as a three to two win over to Coma Defiance. At Starfire in the round of thirty two, it was Gabe Garrett scoring in the eighty first. Kevin Kelsey scored at ninety plus four. After ossesde Rosario and Georgie Mnongu scored two goals in three minutes to go from one nil down to two to one up. Defiance had the lead, then Garrett and Kelsey score to make it by the time it was over. Servando Barna was the gentleman in question for Erved's the head coach for Defiance, so Servando Barna has a bit of a history with the folks in the Pacific Northwest, so Starfire last night it was a win for Portland on come from behind win literally and I don't quite think this is correct considering that they have the shots and shots on goal being equal to the final score and the total number of passes in the game.
Speaker 2: Seven for both teams.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna have to go and dig up some numbers and see, yeah, total passes seven total, and Tacoma De Fiance had only four passes in the entire match and they completed them all, whereas Portland went two for three.
Speaker 2: I don't quite think that's statistically correct.
Speaker 1: So advancing it was Charlotte DC, Nashville Red Bulls Portland so tonight in the Open Cup. And once again you can catch all of this on Paramount Plus. We'll go through what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? Coming up in a bit seven o'clock. River Hounds hosting NYC n yc's favored and a minus one oh six. This really hasn't changed a whole lot. River Hounds are a plus two to fifty four to ninety minute draws a plus two forty three. Anticipate Bob Lilly yelling one of the cup sets that we had circled for a possible seven point thirty lou City in Minnesota United. Lou City is a minus one ninety six. Ninety Minute Draws a plus two thirty four. Minnesota United is a plus one twenty at Lynn Family, I could see this one turning late. I could see it going the extra thirty Union hosting Indy eleven at a minus two ninety four. That number has grown. Indy Eleven's number has grown as well, to a plus six twenty one in the composite courtesy of our friends at Odds Portal draws a plus.
Speaker 2: Three ninety one.
Speaker 1: Rhode Island FC anticipating another sellout crowd of around ten thousand and five hundred tonight as they host the Revs a open cup. Keep an eye on Michael Parkhurst's social media to see if he is up there for that one. Rhode Island's a plus one forty one, Your draws a plus two twenty five, and the Revs are a plus one seventy four. Tampa Bay and Orlando City. Tampa Bay is a plus three hundred and once again, Tampa Bay is still trying to get their sea legs about them and this one being played at al Lang seven point thirty kick against the Purple team Tampa Bay A plus three hundred draws plus two fifty Purple teams of minus one twenty three eight o'clock Chicago Fire a minus one fifty two draws a plus two seventy nine. Detroit City is a plus three p fifty four and that matchup is played at Seat Geek in Bridgeview, so I don't know how many are making the trip from ham Tramick to Bridgeview. It may not be a big crowd tonight that might help Detroit City. And remember keep an eye on the Chicago lineup as they get ready for the matchup with Atlanta coming up this weekend playing midweek weekend weekend midweek weekend. Also on the board, FC Dallas hosting av Alta out of USL League one. FC Dallas a minus seven sixty nine, Your draws a plus six sixty and your av Alta outright is.
Speaker 2: A plus fifteen sixteen in.
Speaker 1: The juice boxes for the visitors, Saint Louis City s C taking on those buhosts the murder Owls of Union Omaha. Union Omaha is a plus eight sixty nine keep an eye on this one, especially for the ninety minute draw, which is a plus three eighty. We all know their giant killers. I don't know if they'll do it by the end of the night, but I could see it going north of ninety minutes. All Caps are a minus three forty five eight point thirty. Austin at Q two is hosting L Passo Locomotive. Austin is a minus two to four draws a plus three nineteen. L Passo is a plus four fifty eight. Austin not having much offense might be the saving grace here for L Paso to take it north of ninety minutes. You have two very defensive minded clubs, so we'll see what happens when they cross paths. At Q two, like I said, wouldn't be surprised if it was one nil. Austin also wouldn't be surprised if it took more than ninety minutes. Then the two late ones that are cup set cup set ideas Phoenix hosting Houston at the corner of thirty eighth in Washington. In Phoenix, Phoenix is a plus two ninety four. Houston is a minus one twenty five. Your draws a plus two fifty seven. Then you're late one at ten thirty. The other cup set possibility at Hard Health Sacramento hosting San Jose. I want to see what the San Jose lineup looks like at a minus one forty five ninety minute draws, A plus two seventy six Sacramento is a plus three thirty four. I think by the end of it, I think San Jose gets the win. Might not necessarily be the offensive shootout that you're looking for. I want to see what San Jose's starting eleven looks like. But last night you had some teams take some assumed risk in the tournament, like Charlotte starting a completely rotated starting eleven with some help on the bench, and it almost cost them, so they advanced to the round of sixteen. You have the three six nine eleven matches tonight compared to the five yesterday, so sixteen the field will be sixteen and pared down to it by the time the night is over, say in a perfect world, around twelve thirty quarter one in the morning Eastern time. If there are any cup sets, we'll try and track some folks down for tomorrow. Just to let you know once again, tomorrow our number one is us we go over what happened here in Open Cup and everything else that's on your mind. We're tracking down some OPO research for Chicago. We also should be having our standard a Friday ten o'clock guest to discuss things from a league wide perspective and a league wide preview. Nino and Nico are going to join us in our number two tomorrow. Nino Domas is going to talk about what happened in the Champions League yesterday, the seven six aggregate.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about Portugal because there are some stories in Portugal. You know how we've been issuing on Boa Vista the relegation battle in Portugal, and it's part of the matches that Nino calls on Gold TV. The relegation battle has turned insane and apparently there is a club that has a worse public perception than Boavista. And you know, we've been we've been issued on Boavista a lot, and I actually almost said the word we've been issued on them a lot. And apparently there's a club that's a part of that relegation battle that is worse. I didn't think that was possible, but one might be worse. We'll discuss that, we'll discuss Champions League, we'll discuss Labertadors and all of that Tomorrow with Nino Torres from Gold TV at ten o'clock, Nico Modeno joining us. We'll talk about what we heard from Tacoma Defiance there post match, going up against Portland at Starfire, plus everything else that's on his mind as we get you ready for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Like I said, we are efforting oppo.
Speaker 1: Research on Chicago Fire from one of their play by play voices, and hopefully we can catch up with them before the end of the week and get you ready for Chicago Fire and Atlanta United coming up this weekend at the Spaceship on the lake Front there in Chicago. So that was what happened yesterday and Open Cup. That's what could happen today in Open Cup, and since we're here, what to watch, where to watch it, and how to watch it. In addition to Open Cup. Once again, remember all of that is on Paramount Plus. You get to catch up with Paramount Plus, you get to choose all of your matches and I'm hoping, I'm hoping, and this is just one of the things that it's a personal pet Peeve, and I will raise my hand here and ask.
Speaker 2: This question.
Speaker 1: When it comes to your streaming services, And we pretty much have all of the streaming services here at Office HD. Which ones are the easiest ones to navigate? Which ones give you the most trouble in navigation and buffering and all of that. We have a lot of them, and I'm hoping that it might be just where I am and the traffic coming from this particular sector of the planet. But one of the ones that always gives me trouble, and it's also clunky when you're navigating it, is Paramount Plus.
Speaker 2: I love it, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: The fact that I get to see lower divisions in England and keep up with everything.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: But navigating it always turns into a problem, and buffering turns into a problem. So Peacock sometimes will dump out because of stress on the platform. It'll freeze up and then it'll dump out and I have to go back in. But Netflix traditionally is okay, and this is for like sports viewing and everything. So Netflix is okay, ESPN Plus is okay. Big Fox on their streaming side, they're okay going through web and everything. But when it comes to sports peacock good ninety percent of the time, love it and I'll watch like multiview and goal Rush and things like that.
Speaker 2: For the Premier League.
Speaker 1: I'm locked in on goal Rush because that's where my brain is these days. I need like instant I need instant information. Boom boom boom boom boom, So I go to goal Rush. I don't watch individual matches anymore unless it's a solo.
Speaker 2: I'll go to goal Rush.
Speaker 1: On the ten o'clock and the nine o'clock kicks, and I'm locked in and I'm good. Paramount Plus for me is the one that's most difficult to navigate and also the one that buffers the most. So I'm hoping it's because everybody loves Paramount Plus and it's just stress on the network that they end up working on and it improved Prime Video fantastic, no problems at all. But Paramount Plus for me is one of the ones that I've had the longest because of all of everything that they offer, but it ends up with the buffering and everything. Like I said, it could be just me and being here in the office, but traditionally, for me, Paramount Plus is the one that gives me the most issues of the ones. Like I said, I love it the most because I get to see lower divisions in England and everything that they have across the board in Europe and in Conca calf. But it gives me the most trouble because of probably traffic and buffering and such. And I just wanted to compare notes. Uh what else to watch once again on ben triple header? Welly, I was yesterday. Uh scanning, scanning, scanning, Okay, so it is a triple header again today. Copa lbertadoris if you've missed it yesterday, our Betty Howard Hamilton over at Soccer Metrics filed his Copa Lbertadores show updating group stay a match day four in the group stage triple header six eight thirty and ten Depertivo Tashira, ld Ukito, Central, Cordeba and Flamengo at eight thirty. Sporting Crystal and Boulevard is at ten once again the back end of Champions League today PSG and Arsenal that's at three o'clock. Winner gets enter Open Cup CBS Sports Network their double header is Pittsburgh NYC and Enox Rising Houston Dynamo. FS two has afternoon action in the Saudi Pro League twelve fifteen and two o'clock.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and watch it if you want.
Speaker 1: Canadian Championship Forge and Halifax Wanderers is at seven o'clock. That's also on FS two courtesy of our friends at one Soccer, which reminds me we probably should track down our buddy, Christian Jack and find out when we get closer to international windows and such.
Speaker 2: What's going on with the team Canada being in.
Speaker 1: Espagnol simul casting lebertadoris Fox Deportas simul casting the league. We've neither condone, endorse, no or promote two to NA simul casting Champions League League at mis playoffs Tonight, Montday Te Lucas at nine, Pachuca and Clube America's at eleven to ten Bunivicione simul casting Champions League. Colosso Network has your late Open Cup after dark with San Jose and Sacramento. Paramount Plus has all of the Open Cup matchups, plus what's going on with the Champions League Women does own USA has the French Premier League Leon LaHave and PSG not coming up in three minutes. Vix has the UEFA U seventeens under way. It is Faroe Islands in Austria and the Netherlands and Norway set for one o'clock. So that's what to watch, Where to watch it, how to watch it, Gossip, rumer and innuendo once again reminder Noon Eastern Soccer is in session Playoff Daily Live presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente. We lead off with Heather Richardson, the girls head coach at Social Circle. We then get Meghan Hill, the head coach at nationally rank Buford, and then we end up with Aaron Paul, the head coach at Morgan County, and we'll go through all your brackets and let you know what to expect. This is the off day today, Semifinals tomorrow and Friday. SDH will be at Whitewater for a Coney County and Whitewater, and we're trying to figure out our second venue. We don't know if those games have been slid to Friday or not, if it's going to be a double header or not. We know where we're going, we just don't know the date. And I don't want to sit there and say well, yes we're going here and the games are going to be played here. So a Coney County, Whitewater. That's going to be on the network tomorrow. Soccer down here dot Mixler dot Common on the mixler apper just got to soccer down here dot Nett. Hit the listen tab and it takes you to that page and you can listen to anything that's live or listen to our tape content through spreaker. So today's gossip once again, consider your sources. I'll let you know if it's the three of the four letter paper, all Hill all preparing a bid for Bruno Fernandesh United has no plans to sell. That's the four letter paper. Three letter paper says Newcastle are monitoring bier Levercusan defender Jonathan Tah who's going to leave the club when his contract expires in the summer. Liverpool's Harvey Elliott attracting interest from several Premier League clubs, including Wolves. Real Madrid not planning to make a move for ral Socio died midfielder Martin Zuba Mendi as they don't think they need him. He's got to release closet sixty million euro. By the way, Arsenal considering another move for PSG's Leek hang In after failing to strike a deal for the South Korean international. In January, three letter paper bier Levercusen and Florian verts set to snub interest from Man City and Real Madrid to join Bayern Munich. Benjamin Cesco's release clauses more than eighty million euro. Old clubs will be able to sign him for less if a suitable offer is made to RBI Leipzig that comes from Floria and Plettenberg and Sky Sports Germany. West Ham's winger Mohammed Rudus is the subject of fresh interest from Arsenal. Kiysa could be on his way out of Liverpool this summer. Ac Milananopoly interested Kisa needs one more appearance for the remainder of this season to be able to secure a medal for winning Premier League. He's at four appearances, you need five. Manchester United added Torino's Serbian keeper vanja Malinkovich Savach to their summer transfer short list. That's from our friends at GMS. So that is that's your rundown of your gossip, your rumor, and you're in nuendo what to watch, where to watch it and how to watch it? Today once again, remember all of your all your promo type stuff. Once again we mentioned Finates, all the bens, newestern tell A CEO for the fans, Taysea Gold TV and our buddy Nino Torres. Tigo Sports now is a part of it. Lega one Lega, one max pro. All of that you can get at Finanates, FNTZ dot co, slash Soccer down here and you get to watch Libertadors Suit Americana. There are some extra above the top subscriptions that you can get to watch everything where that's concerned. I think Peruvian Lega is another over the top, but Finates you get to watch all that stuff and you can watch that to your heart's content and continue to be a true sicco.
Speaker 2: Once again.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we had Lloyd Hours on, the technical director from the Marshall Island Soccer Federation. They made their Kickstarter number with about two weeks to spare. Doesn't mean that there aren't other expenses if you are so inclined. If you have not, you can get into the kickstarter campaign and continue to help fund that as they get ready for August in Arkansas where it is now Turks and kikos Us, Virgin Islands and the Marshall Islands right now in a three way dance to determine who is going to be the club that would take the first ever Outrigger Challenge Cup in Springdale, Arkansas, August fourteenth and sixteenth. You can go back and listen to that interview, either in its entirety from the entire show from yesterday, or that interview just in and of itself. Part of the Kickstarter campaign and part of the fan packages is our Marshall Island scarf. If you buy everything else from the Marshall Islands, you get it from them. In London you get the scarf from me. So, like I said, I've got less than ten and then I know I'm gonna have to probably end up getting a new order. When it comes to the fan packs and such. Olive in New York you can get the first ever SDH jersey once again. You get that presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente. And what you can do there is help out our Soccer for Good campaign. You've seen mister Parkhurst wear it on the air. You've seen mister Garza, Maddy Cruz and our lead photographer Sophia Coopertino model for it. As I like to say, Greg Garza gave you Blue Steel on our Instagram account modeling the jersey once again helping out Beyond Goals Entering helping out Soccer Good thanks to our forensic kaiser Permanente. And you can get it personalized either the Navy blue with the floppy collar. You can get it either personalized in white lettering or you can get it personalized in the light blue, Carolina Blue, Columbia blue lettering. Consult with Alex and Abbey. Also, you can go to a Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co and get your Soccer is Just Better in Atlanta sweatshirt or T shirt. Those programs once again helps our Soccer for Good campaign Golden Boss lettering, red or black sweatshirt or T shirt. You can help out middle school soccer programs attached to the Atlanta Public School service system by helping out our forensic Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co once again SDH lettering on one cuff, Grady Baby logo on the other cuff, and you can get all of the gear that you want there to help out Atlanta Public School System there as well. You can be a Fanati co on our chant app if you dive in and want to be a part of that and you can.
Speaker 2: Join there for ten dollars a year. What do you do for ten dollars a year?
Speaker 1: Well, you can become a Fanati coo and go to group dot chant dot fan. Let me type it and so I don't screw it up, and then I'll say hi to everybody. So group dot chant dot Fan, slash soccer down here, slash join.
Speaker 2: Let's see if I got it right. I did.
Speaker 1: I don't think I added any more periods. Group dot, chant dot fan slash soccer down here, slash join once again. Ten bucks a year, ten bucks a year. You get to become a Fanati coo. You get to join us on the chant app. You get all of the special discounts from all of the places that have partnered with us. You get to be a part of conversations. You get to be a part of our players of the match conversations that we have. Anything going on in the chant app on game days, you get to be a part of that.
Speaker 2: Coming up here.
Speaker 1: If you've joined and become a Fanatiko. A lot of partners that we have here, and it is a lot of folks north of the natline. You plut tires plus at one location is in here the Moxi's in here. O'Sullivan's is in here. A lot of the breweries that we've been to on our world tour are in here. And also Chateau Arnaul in Costa Rica if you ever wanted to stay in Costa Rica and you get a discount off and a booking with a code. There's also catering on the first ever booking. That's a part of it. Once again, all of their friends there that are part of things on the chant app at SDH and to be a part of our Finati COO's membership program and coming up with all the fun that we have there. Once again reminder coming up at noon it is Soccer's in session Playoff Daily Lie presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente. It is Heather Richardson from Social Circle, Meghan Hill from Beauford, Aaron Paul from Morgan County. We go over all your brackets, We talk to them about their programs, about their wins, about their seasons here on this rare off day when it comes to the playoffs. Quarterfinals were yesterday. You can go back and listen to the Dalton match with Dalton and Saint Pias that was on the network yesterday with Me, Maddie and Jason. Maddy and Jason on the call, and I was dropping in scores when I could. Great match, great environment up at Harmonfield and Bill Chappel Stadium yesterday in Dalton, and we get to preview the semifinals coming up Thursday and Friday. Next week soccer is in Session Playoff Daily Live. We'll be going at noon to wrap up the season, considering that's championship week, but we'll also catch up with some of our friends who had some really great seasons and find out about the growth of the sport. So another week and a half of soccer is in Session Playoff Daily Live as we chase after the championships here in the state of Georgia and the GHSA. So let me say hi to everybody, and Kevsi's right there with me. Great content. No idea why they make the multi layered open issues and quick access pain over the videos.
Speaker 2: It is. It is a pain, KEFSI. It is a pain.
Speaker 1: It's a quick access pain and it is a pain. So Hi, KEFSI, high rich, Hi Michael. I know that you and I and will run into each other with all of with our bosses and with our pups, and I know that we like to have these conversations offline as well. So Morning Rich once again, Morning Michael, and Morning Dell. Hopefully I answered your question about Caden Clark Dell. If Jamie Vardy joins Dean Smith in Charlotte, he's thirty seven. I don't know what he could bring to the table considering who he has up front right now anyway, with Wilf Saha, Patrick Godgimong and hopefully Eurie Tavares. Look if he doesn't want, If Dean Smith doesn't want Uriy Tavares or Patrick Gojiymong, shoot, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I think that Jamie Vardy might be better served going to Wrexham. I've heard that as a possible idea to help them in their championship season. I think that that is probably a better idea. But Jamie Vardi to Wrexham, to me, makes a lot more sense than Jamie Vardy to Charlotte FC.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: So Morning Kevsie, Morning Michael, Morning Derek. Let's see Bart. Hope is dead, disparaed thrives miss you to Bart, all that work that you have to do.
Speaker 2: Morning four Card.
Speaker 1: Let's see morning ropes, I think, ropes to your point, and this is gonna sound cliche, and I'm busting out all my cliches. He once to know when you break out of the stage, literally, I think it takes one solid ninety minutes to sit there and prove that you can do it to yourself.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it takes something that simple. That's what my gut tells me.
Speaker 1: May And then you got Tommy and Kevsi and David and Alex and let's see who else am I missing here? So once again Michael and Alex and Dell and ropes and I'm trying to see who else is here. So it's Alex and Ricky and that's everybody who participated in the Twitch pitch. But I know that that is not everybody to participate. It's on a daily basis here at SDH. Tomorrow, once again Power Hour, we go through everything that happened Open Cup. We get you ready for a Land United in Chicago. Power Hour our number two. You know Torres from Gold TV discussing everything Champions League Labertadores and Europe. And then our buddy Nico Moreno from Pulso Sports and Sounder at Heart's going to join us for the last half hour, we'll talk about what happened, what we played the sound from Tacoma with what happened with the man in the middle, Salvador Berna and the head coach for Tacoma Defiance. We'll go over that match. We'll go over everything an Open Cup, we'll go over everything in MLS.
Speaker 2: As we get you ready for the weekend.
Speaker 1: We'll play Cliffhanger and then there'll be Soccer's in session Match Day Live that's going to happen on Thursday at noon.
Speaker 2: Once again, we'll go over.
Speaker 1: Your semi final brackets, get you ready for things going on around the planet, and we'll also get you ready for Whitewater and a Coney County. We'll see if we can catch up with folks and see what their new hours are like. As we get you ready for the semifinals starting on Thursday here in the state of Georgia. That's it for another go round of SDHAM. Thanks to all of you folks that get to watch us on a daily basis. Share the word and if you want to come in and talk soccer, you can be a part of it on the YouTube channel. You can be a part of it on the twitch Pitch. You can be a part of it on the two hundred and eighty character app Monday through Friday, nine oh five Eastern Time until whenever. Traditionally it's eleven oh five, but we know we go over and sometimes breaking news means we go over a lot. But coming up top of the hour, it is soccer is in session Playoff Daily Live. We'll catch up with coaches around the state, take you through your brackets, let you know what's going on here around the State of Georgia when it comes to playoff soccer on the Boys and Girls.
Speaker 2: Sides here in the GHSA, So.
Speaker 1: For Dylan Butler, for Tyler Pilgrim, Scarves and Spikes. Their midweek show is tonight at seven o'clock. I'm John Nelson. Thanks for dropping by, as you always do here on sdcham mochaplot. Y'all played safe and since it is the end of the show that means they get to do this, we'll take it easy.
Speaker 2: We'll see it about forty five minutes actually more like
Speaker 5: H