Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on te.
Speaker 2: Tam Chase, Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're home of the twenty twenty four Nationally Western Division champions, the Los Angeles Dodgers ninety five and sixty four on this season. They clinched the division last night at home, beating the San Diego Padres. Now the Dodgers wrap up the regular season, was still an important three game series in the Mile High City as they take on the Rockies tonight, Tomorrow and Sunday. Tonight a bullpen game for Dave Roberts is the team at a late night flight to the Mile highst City. First pitch from Corusfield. This is coming up at five to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts as he reflects on what happened last night and the Dodger team going into this three game series. We'll get you an update on Freddie Freeman and his ankle. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll hear from David Veasse in that raucus postgame celebration last night inside the Dodgers Clubhouse.
Speaker 3: DV will check in with us, of course throughout the show.
Speaker 2: Kirsten Watson will be live on the field there in Denver in just a little bit, coming up in thirty minutes, of course. Yeah, we'll have your magical moment in just a few minutes. We'll check in at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Last night at Dodgers Stadium, the Dodgers did it. They clinched the division, but they had to bail out of a hole to get it done. Walker Buehler got the start five innings. The game was scoreless until the top of the fifth when a walk came back to get him a one out walk. Luise Horizon and Rbi ground out later in the fifth and the Padres grabbed a one nothing lead. In the sixth, Evan Phillips would take over Sander Bogart's sack fly and the Padres took a two to nothing lead. Meanwhile, the Dodgers really struggled against Joe Musgrove the first five innings. Then in the sixth, Yeah, not able to get anything against them there. In the seventh inning, though, that Dodgers finally broke through. Will Smith with a runner on went deep.
Speaker 5: Three balls in a strike Muncey on first no ops of the seventh the pitch Smith swings high five.
Speaker 3: Ball centerfield hit.
Speaker 4: Dude hit.
Speaker 3: Will Smith spokes of all the center field.
Speaker 1: He left no doubt time the game with his twenty over front of the ear.
Speaker 2: What a moment for Will Smith. A three to one fastball takes Musgrove deep. Game tied at two, and the Dodgers were just getting started later in the inning, show Hey O'tani his one and twenty six RBI of this season. That game, the Dodgers ain't three to two lead. Then Mookie Betts put the Dodgers up big.
Speaker 5: Second and third, one out. Here's a one to one pitch and Mookie Betts.
Speaker 6: Takes it the other way.
Speaker 3: Base hit in the right field. Pah so heayway around.
Speaker 7: Two more on the board.
Speaker 2: By Mookie Betts with the two run single. That's the breath of fresh air moment of the game. Presented by a Tara Mechanical looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in Southern California. Look no further A Tara Mechanical is your trusted partner. Check out Omar and Brittany, the founders.
Speaker 3: They're great people. Their service is more than just a solution.
Speaker 2: It's a breath of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly, honest service at a fair price. Well, the Dodgers put up a big seventh inning to take a five to two lead, and then they weren't done. Two more in the eighth, Andy Pot has a two run blast to left and the Dodgers took a seven to two lead. The ninth inning belonged to Michael Kopek, who had a one to two three inning ballgame over, Dodgers clinched their NL Division title eleven time in the last twelve years. As they win, it's sevent to two over. The Padres are now ninety five and sixty for the Dodgers. Now in Denver for the start of a three game series. It's an important one as the Dodgers right now hold the number one spot in the National League Playoffs, seeding just one game in front of the Philadelphia Phillies.
Speaker 3: For the best record in the National League.
Speaker 2: They need to continue this winning the final three games in Denver and tonight the series opener, the Dodgers going with Ryan Brazier as the opener, and what is a bullpen game? And with more we head out to the Gallpin Moters broadcast booth as we were welcome in Rick Monday and Tim Nevert.
Speaker 8: Guys, Tim, thanks very much. Gorgeous night for a game in the Mile highs City. Not a cloud to be seen anywhere, and temperature is just perfect for baseball here in late September. With three games to go in the regular season, your National League Western Division champion Los Angeles Dodgers take on the Colorado Rockies tonight. Dodgers now ninety five and sixty four, they've won seven to ten against Colorado, and they're a game above Philadelphia for the top seed in the National League. And that's the last thing that the Dodgers are playing for, is that tops a home field throughout, which is a pretty important thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, last night was a fun night and the Dodgers able to clinch it at home and a celebration by the Dodger fans at the stadium itself, so that was really a nice celebration. He kind of tied it up into a nice little bow, and that the Dodgers had a very long night. But nobody really cares the fact. I think most of the group was saying, oh, they turned off the lights about five am this morning here local time in Denver, so kind of a short night, but what.
Speaker 4: A night it was.
Speaker 9: And the epitome if we keep talking about so many times on the road about Dave Roberts saying, look, let's win a ballgame on the travel day. Make it a happy flight. I don't know how much happier you can get than last night it was.
Speaker 8: It was a pretty good flight in terms of the movie.
Speaker 9: It's like the entire organization. I think the fans too could kind of exhale. Okay, fine, you get it taken care of. You win two out of three against the Santego Padres. They may face the Padres again in the postseason, don't really know. It doesn't matter who the Dodgers are going to be. And now if you're looking at they understand, look, okay, this is on Friday. They're not going to play their first game postseason until a week from tomorrow. That gives in particular, two guys extra rest and it's going to be needed by Freddy Freeman is going to be needed also by Miguel Rojas. And the good news is for Freeman, who by the way, did not make the trip here to Denver. He's steamed back and getting medical attention for that ankle that he injured in yesterday's Bowl game. But for Freeman, he'll have extra days now to get ready.
Speaker 8: And the Dodgers here with Colorado. There's a lot going on here too because Charlie Blackman, who has been with the Rockies his entire career, announced his retirement on Monday. So this weekend is going to be all about Charlie Blackman. Is number nineteen has been mowed into the grass in center field. There's going to be ceremonies all weekend honoring Charlie Blackman here, who has been a pain in the side of the Dodgers over the ear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has.
Speaker 9: And that's a good thing because Charlie Blackman has really carved a niche into the fan base here in Denver for a lot of reasons. He has played hard, and he's in that lineup again leading it off tonight, the designated hitter. He's meant a lot to the local community on and off the field. So it's going to be a fun pack night. And for the Dodgers a couple of things they want to be able to get things going.
Speaker 4: In particular, I'm talking about Mookie.
Speaker 9: Betts that said last night that he finally admitted. Look, he got to the ballpark early yesterday, early batting practice in the cage indoors. He said he took three to four hundred swings and it paid off in that ballgame, came up with a big base hit.
Speaker 4: That was after popping up four times that.
Speaker 9: Night forget exactly because he was frustrated. He said, he was irritated in himself. So you go ahead and his swing. That's not an easy task, by the way, taking three or four hundred swings and then coming out and playing at the level he played at, and last night's game remarkable.
Speaker 8: Keep an eye on show, hey O, Tony this weekend. Can he get to fifty five home runs? Can he get the sixty stolen bases? The Dodgers DH we expect will take just about every bat, if not every single at bat available to him this weekend right as.
Speaker 9: Well, because everybody keeps looking at well or we're going to see something else we've not seen before. Is it another record knocking on the door, don't know. Stay tuned, and here in Denver, no one will leave their seats when Otani bats either.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be tough, but it is mathematically possible for him to win the batting crown too. A lot's gonna have to happen. But keep in mind Otani is twenty of his last twenty nine. He has been absolutely on fire and he hopes to continue that here in Colorado bullpen game for the Dodgers. Ryan Brazier will be the opener. Cal Quantrill. Dodgers just saw him last Saturday. He'll make the start for Colorado.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch on this Friday, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on.
Speaker 3: It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 2: What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's right now and Shaky's dot com coming up.
Speaker 3: Here on Dodgers on Neck.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, so we will check in with David Vata say you will hear part of the postgame celebration from inside the Dodgers Clubhouse last night the celebration. It was a deeper to this Pitchy mattchup, we got your Otani. Rewind Mexo will head live down to the field in Denver and visit with Kirsten Watson leads up to first pitch.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Loronzo Casino, Dodgers On, Dodgers on deck y'all on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies from Denver.
Speaker 2: Fresh off winning the Division, Dodgers back at it final three games of the regular season. Ryan Braziers the opener. Cal Quantrille will go for the Rockies first pitch, coming up at five ten.
Speaker 4: This is the.
Speaker 1: Rewind.
Speaker 5: Here's Muscrow's one to one. Otani rips it through the right side. There is a leadoff single for show Hey into right field, going on Otani on the ground.
Speaker 3: Right side and through it.
Speaker 4: Goods by the rise.
Speaker 3: Guy comes home.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers happy leave.
Speaker 3: The throat gets away, but Patz holds on third.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: Tani take second.
Speaker 1: Oh a second.
Speaker 3: Straight night on third straight time. Oh Tani delivers the go ahead.
Speaker 5: Run on this old one for Matsui. O Tani sends it in the air left center field. It is sinking fast, it's sinking down. Poppark can't get Otani held up rounding first, he slides him safe at second base.
Speaker 2: What a night from show, Hey Otani? Last night three for five? He had the RBI to give the Dodgers the lead with the single in the seventh inning. What a night for show Hey Otani? Now hitting three to zero five on this season. The chase for fifty five fifty five still alive, needing a couple more home runs. Otani rewind Brought to by Eto Antoyo in Japan's number one Green Tea and the Tea that showe Hey Otani Loves and drinks available your local Diso stores, Amazon and Eto in dot comments dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: And Kirston now joins us from Corusfield. The Dodgers' final series of the regular season and one of twenty four hours is Ben Kirston. A soakage inside the Dodgers' clubhouse was celebration last night after clinching the division hopping on a plane heading to Denver and hey, we got baseball tonight.
Speaker 3: What a what a day it's been.
Speaker 10: Listen, what a day it's been. I'm pretty sure most of the guys woke up this afternoon. From the ones who I've asked, I've been hearing one pm, one alarm with that for two twenty to the beginning on the two thirty bus to kind of the stadium. But there was it's truly Actually, I ran into Max Monsey in the lobby probably round one fifteen, and definitely we're in the same swats traveled from last night. Everyone is exhausted then when the team landed. So the team landed around three thirty in the morning, we weren't standstill traffic at three thirty in the morning getting to the hotels, and I think it's the hotel till four thirty. So it's it's been a night for everyone. It was a fun one. It was an exciting one. But now it's time to, you know, get back out there and get going. So but as much as there's exhaustion, there's also just too fun. It was exciting, it was fun. It was an incredible series and so I think that's the part everyone's kind of leaning on because they want to carry that momentum into this series.
Speaker 2: Taming no doubt about what's the pitching plan for tonight because it has been TBA for the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So to Ryan Brazier, he's going to be the opener and in bencas Barriers, she was activated. I believe yesterday. He is someone who can provide some length because he now he's built up potentially as a starter and it's starting in triple A. But he is someone who can come out of the bullpen give some links. So it sounds like that's going to be the plan to kind of see what how long he can go. And then there are a few other guys, whether there's some other guys in the bullpen who can provide kind of multiple innings things like that if needs be. But they've does feel like, you know, you have to become with the high less I call the high leverage guy over the last few days. We just feel like he's got other options available to help protect that kept Barry.
Speaker 2: Is the VP Kirsten brought to you by Cars for Kids, The Easiest way to get rid of your old car, donating today in your car can be picked up tomorrow donating now carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with the k Freddie Freeman. What's the latest on the ankle?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so obviously I think last night what we all saw was a pretty big scare. I think I was just talking with some of the analysts on the ports at LA and they were just saying that, you know the fact that his ankle and not the knee was the best case scenario. You have never want to see a player go down, a player like Freddy Freeman go down. You can kind of feel the life being sucked out for a moment there. He The good news is that he was able to walk off the field and embar some blade on it. We did see him in a boot afterwards. But they've said that today he had treatment last night and today he is feeling a little bit better, and they still feel really good about just considering, you know, he's not in Colorado, so he can stay back the dealers recovering in the altitude. We know what that can do, and so game to stay back, continue with treatment. They feel good that he should be ready to go for Game one of the NLDS.
Speaker 3: That is certainly great news.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers can take it easy as far as Freddy the next couple of days, get some treatment and get ready for next Saturday.
Speaker 3: Here soon. We appreciate well. Check in with you after the game is still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vaz say, goes high and tight. But next we'll get you an injury report and we'll here for the manager. Dave Roberts is leading you up to Dodgers and Rockies. First pitch at five to ten. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Wronggo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday afternoon, Wrong Go Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Dodgers in Denver to start a three game series against the Rockies.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers injury report or.
Speaker 2: Is it about UCLA healthy? Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Freddie Freeman not with the team, sprained ryod ankle. He's getting treatment, hopes to be ready for the NLDS. More on that coming up. Miguel Rojas banged up with the torrent left ductor. He is going to play through it. Not in the lineup though.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: Bruce dar graderol on the IL with the right shoulder inflammation. Now Austin Barnes is back. That is good news. Tyler Glass now on the sixty day IL, Gavin Stone on the sixty day IL, Clayton Kershaw still trying to fight his way back into this Dodger rotation for the postseason. And Tony Gonsolin We'll see if he can get his way back into October baseball. All right, let's check back in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 4: Anything else, Dave?
Speaker 6: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 4: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts last night?
Speaker 10: You believe that he could be ready for the NLDS. Does that still feel like a pretty Do you feel pretty confident with that still?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 11: I just don't see any world where he's not going to be hitting third for US or fourth for that game one. I mean, he's just such a warrior and he's gonna do anything he can to post.
Speaker 6: Is Roja still trending in the right direction?
Speaker 4: He is? He is.
Speaker 11: He played a little assistant manager yesterday, which is fun kind of seeing him by Bob and yeah, he was in good spirits and the training stuff is pretty optimistic that he'll be ready, you know, not this series.
Speaker 4: That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 11: He's not even traveling with us. But you know, Monday will be an off day, but he'll get treatment and then Tuesday he'll start doing some things. But so with the bye week, I think he'll be ready to go.
Speaker 6: Dave, can you share with us just where the organization's heads at, where your head's at with these last three games. How much does seeding mean to you?
Speaker 11: I think it's more of just the idea of letting things play out the way they're going to and trying not to try to influence the wins and losses too much as far as hoping for one particular seed. I think for us the most important thing is to, you know, take care of our relievers, get them ready for the division series, get them out of your healthy position players. As you see, I've rested a couple guys. I'll do that tomorrow as well. Still, we're always playing to win, so I don't really think that we really care one or two.
Speaker 3: I think it's kind of have to buy it.
Speaker 6: Are you guys gonna do anything differently during that time off the guys may have done in previous years.
Speaker 11: So we're going to take two days off. Essentially, the first day is going to be off. Jack's gonna be the only person that throws. He's gonna be throwing too, some minor league hitters. And then the second day is going to be completely optional. And for me, it's just I just want guys to encourage guys to stay away and then come back hungry except to get back to work.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Roberts in Denver talking to the media just a few minutes ago. Down the dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is.
Speaker 3: A Titan in his own right.
Speaker 2: It's won another divisional championship. He's kind of planned before his tim meets the field. You need one too your growing contracting business. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service Titan dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on deck. We will check in with David vas Say leads up to first pitch. Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. I'm Tim Kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on dech on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Denver. After clinching the.
Speaker 2: Division last night, right back at it tonight to start up a three game series against the Rockies. Ryan Brazier on the Mountains. The opener, Cal Quantrilli go for the Rockies first pitch coming up at five ten. The umpiring crew for tonight's game, brought to you by Fred Loya Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and A four insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 2: All right, DV, not to look too far ahead, because the Dodgers have three important games here in Denver. But the Dodgers will start the NLDS next Saturday, a five game series against that opponent to be determined.
Speaker 3: What is this playoff rotation? Maybe starting to look like.
Speaker 6: Well, Dave Roberts wouldn't tell us which order he is going with as far as his starting pitchers in the NLDS, but he did name four starters Landon Knack, Jack Flaherty, Walker Buehler, and tomorrow starter Yoshi Yamamoto. I will say this, considering Yamamoto's schedule and how he will only be able to pitch once in the NLDS, the most pivotal game in a short five game series is Game three. I could totally see Yamamoto being the Game three starter for those reasons.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like, its choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric, tough this mark and will be called F one fifty. Mookie Bets certainly has made a difference David.
Speaker 6: He really has. And Freddie Freeman when we spoke to him last night on the field, he went out of his way to really give Mooki Bets a lot of congratulations and credit for the work that he put in before last night's NLS clinching game. Freddy told us that Mookie Betts was in the batting cage for an hour before the game yesterday, taking at least three to four hundred swings, and it paid off because Mooki came up with a big, two out base hit to give the Dodgers much needed insurance runs. After the game tonight, Tim I'm going to share a conversation I had with Mooki maybe thirty minutes ago, how he did hear the criticisms from fans about him interviewing Fernando Tatis Junior, and he said a few interesting and poignant things to respond to that criticism. And certainly he was motivated to fix his swing and to make a difference in last night's game because of the criticism he was getting after interviewing Fernando Tatists Junior for a podcast that he has had for the last two years.
Speaker 2: Interesting, real quick, Dave shoe Otani these personal goals, as far as a couple more home runs, more stolen bases? Does he want these? Is he trying to get these the next three days?
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts said he believes he does. He does believe that O'tani wants to try to hit as many home runs as possible and steal as many bases possible in this three game series to possibly get close to reaching sixty sixty or something. We haven't talked about possibly winning the National League Triple Crown, so Dave Roberts is all in for that, considering the Dodgers have the NLS championship wrap up, and yes, he does believe and will support Otani going for those personal achievements.
Speaker 3: We'll see if you can get there. DV appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We check back in with you just a little bit, Dodger fans and hands you're listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitch matchup up next, So oh your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Rockies first pitch at five to ten. I'm Tim Kakes's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Rockies start of a three game set from Denver.
Speaker 3: Still a lot to play for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Ryan Brazier will be the opener in this bullpen game, cow Quantrill will be the starter for the Colorado Rockies.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: Who's that It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawby Hot Jobs.
Speaker 2: Twenty eighteen season, the Dodgers and Rockies were tied after one hundred and sixty two games, so they had to play a Game one sixty three last night. Starter for the Dodgers Walker Ruhler, who's getting better here, and he kept the start in Game one sixty three against the Rockies as the Dodgers prevailed to.
Speaker 4: Out top half of the ninth pinning.
Speaker 12: Oh and two para, swung on and miss strike three champions strikes out para and for the sixth consecutive season, the Dodgers are the best in the West as they come storming out of the dugout, congratulating one another on top of the hill, and that is where the Dodgers reside, champions of the National League Western Division, finishing the year at ninety two and seventy one. The Rockies finished the year at ninety one and seventy two.
Speaker 2: Dodgers win Game one sixty three at Dodgers Stadium back in twenty and eighteen, beating the Colorado Rockies and clinching their sixth straight L West Divisional title. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hockey Hot Doogs, a Silkow treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hobby hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: We will check back in on Rick Monday as we lead up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 3: Thank should being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kays's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network Again.
Speaker 1: This is Lorono Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Denver taking on the Rockies.
Speaker 2: This quick turnaround clinched the division last night against the Padres. Hop on a plane, middle of the night, get to the mile highest city. And now the Dodgers start three games series against the Rockies. Cal Quantrill. We'll go for Colorado. Ryan Brazier will be the opener in a bullpen game for the Dodgers. Dodgers fans starts your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help with the tuition, books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill quickly. So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey. Here's la Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Well, it was a big night for the Dodgers and an even bigger night for our own Rick Monday, who got the pleasure of sitting next to me on the flight to Denver last night.
Speaker 9: You know, I found a complaint, and not necessarily with you, but you know we're creatures of habits, are we not. And normally when we get a seating chart to board the plane, I am seated next to Dwayne McDonnell, our producer engineer, and it's been that way for a number of years. Well, last night we get the seating chart and I see that Dwayne is back a few rows from where I am, and I noticed that you you were sitting next to me, So I filed a complaint. No, it was enjoyable.
Speaker 4: Tight.
Speaker 9: That was one of those Dave Roberts talks about happy flights that was about as happy as you can get to this particular point. There's two more happy flights that they're hoping to have, but that was a very good one. They arrived at the airport about three o'clock this morning, wheels touched down, so by the time they turned the lights off it was about five o'clock in the morning here local time. And I explained to somebody a little bit earlier. Nobody cared. I mean, that was it. Nobody cared. It was just a delightful situation, and especially because they could clinch it and celebrate at Dodgers Stadium at home.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers have a four game lead on the Brewers, who are the three seed right now, so it seems like the Dodgers and Phillies are fighting it out for the top two seeds. How important do you believe that is to the Dots?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Tell me who's going to be the hottest team? The Padres?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you would have to play the Padres if they advance, if you're the number one seed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think if we look back, let's just look back at last year, who was the hottest team going into it?
Speaker 4: To turn things around?
Speaker 9: Us ears on the Diamondbacks that peaked at exactly the right time as a wild card, they wind up in the World Series. Who is healthy? Who's not healthy? The Dodgers got good news last night that Freddie Freeman had X rays on his ankle.
Speaker 4: There was no structural.
Speaker 9: Damage and for Freeman to not make the trip up here to Denver, he stays back. He could get some medical treatment and get ready for when the Dodgers have to play, which will be a week from tomorrow and the playoffs. Who they play, it doesn't really matter. That's what I like about conversations. Well, who do you match up the best against? You're gonna have to face the best anyway, so don't worry about who it is. You know, you may match up a little bit better. Say if you had left handed hitters in your lineup and the other team does not have a whole lot of left handed relievers coming out of the bullpen, vice versa. Whatever might happen. But who plays the best. The other injury is with Miguel Rojas. He can use those extra days. He's not in the lineup again tonight, and he can get healthy. Also, hopefully that's going to be the situation, and I think last night was also a very big comment that Walker Buehler made and going into five innings. I know he wanted to go longer at a conversation with Dave Robertson extend a conversation in the dugout, But I thought all overall, with everything that Walker Buehler has gone through in order to come back and claim a starting rotation spot, I thought that was a very good outing.
Speaker 6: It feels like Walker Buehler finally embraced being a pitcher and not just trying to throw fastballs.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, every pitcher has to do that. And how many times have I said at this level you can throw close to one hundred miles an hour or even an hour. A. If you can't find the plate, you're in trouble. And b if you constantly throw the ball and nothing else to back up with it. At this level, as good as the hitters are at the major leagues, they'll figure it out and eventually they'll catch up to it. You've got to have something else that has a wrinkle or a change of speed, and you have to understand plate seventeen inches wide.
Speaker 4: You have to find it.
Speaker 6: Rick, going back to Freddie Freeman, it feels like you've experienced almost everything when it comes to playing this game. How confident are you that the Dodgers' training staff can get that swelling down and for him to be ready a week from tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Don't know, don't know the extent of the injury.
Speaker 9: I think today in LA they'll have a better idea of the swelling, the soreness of Freddy's ankle that could have been very serious last night with Freeman going down trying to evade a collision and a tag at first base, it was very awkward and as soon as he went on the ground and grabbed above his right ankle, how many times have we heard high ankle sprain that can last a very long time. The training staff today and tomorrow will get a better idea on exactly his progression.
Speaker 6: The good news is when I spoke to him on the field after the game last night, he was in good spirits and very confident they.
Speaker 4: Could get it down.
Speaker 9: He was smiling, he was with his family, he was in the boot to isolate any extra movement, and he was limping. But the good news is he was not off of his feet, so that's something I'm sure that he will be doing keeping a foot elevated that everybody, you know, everybody had a silent moment there for an instant to find out if he was even able to walk off the field.
Speaker 6: I offered to give him a piggyback ride to his car.
Speaker 4: He declined, he.
Speaker 6: Didn't want to get hurt even.
Speaker 4: More, Freddie Free was a very smart man.
Speaker 6: Thanks Rick, We'll check back in with you and Tim Neverett from coors Field. Right now, we'll send it back to Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Thanks, a lot of DV coming up here on Dodgers on. We got a lot still to get to. As we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies. We'll tip deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next we go back to the celebration last night. Check in with a couple of Dodger pitchers, Clayton Kershaw and Walker Viewer. That's next, we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This this Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and the Rockies. Cal Quantrille.
Speaker 2: Ryan Brazier will be the opener for the Dodgers first pitch coming up at five ten Dodgers Baseball presented by our friends at Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital l A rank number one in California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor at HLA.
Speaker 1: Or and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearments is.
Speaker 1: High and tight.
Speaker 6: All right, we're here with the big game pitcher himself. You Taine Walker, Buehler Walker for you to come out tonight and pitch five strong innings. After how much you've tried to get this together. What does it mean to you?
Speaker 13: It's nice to contribute. Fin This is.
Speaker 7: I've been very fortunate to pitching some very big games and do okay, And.
Speaker 13: No, this is what I play this game for.
Speaker 6: What was your mentality coming into this game, not just today, but leading up to it, knowing what was at stake.
Speaker 7: This is a playoff game for us, right, like the number two team in the division. US kind of came into our destiny and we win the game, win the division. Like that's kind of what.
Speaker 13: What gets me going and so.
Speaker 7: Not much mentally, just go And so now I'm excitic. Obviously, our team, you know, has carried me and let me kind of tread water for a long time. And it's a nice, nice failure to have a good one at a big spot.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure if you're aware of this. The last time you clinched a division championship with fans at Dodger Stadium was Game one sixty three back in twenty eighteen. For you to do it in front of this crowd, is it even sweeter?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You remember Game one sixty three, don't you?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't remember.
Speaker 7: No, No, listen, this is what I play this game for. And I'm really proud of our team to do it, come from behind, and it's uh, there's a good failing around the team right now.
Speaker 6: You wanted more, didn't you. Of course you're gonna get more Buehler. There's another three rounds to go and Walker, but Tane Buehler will be there. Never a doubt that ever watched Walker Buehler pitch. They know what you're about, and nobody should be surprised.
Speaker 4: Let more wins.
Speaker 13: You see guys later.
Speaker 6: Man an emotional day here at Dodgers Stadium. We had aj Ellis and Clayton Kersh Yaw reunited, but on different sides. And Kershaw means so much to this organization. Without him, there is no Dodgers in this generation. What does this one mean to you? To come all the way back from shoulder surgery to contribute and still have.
Speaker 13: A lot more left to give. Yeah, it's been a It's been a really fun year to watch. You know. Obviously I would have liked to have contributed more into this year, but these guy us a great group of guys. And I say it every year, but you never know when you're never gonna.
Speaker 6: Get to do this again.
Speaker 13: So regardless of if you pitched one inning or two hundred innings, you gotta celebrate. You gotta enjoy it. And uh, it was a great night. And uh, you know, I guess this this group is the strips off we got. We have a chance to do something special and uh, this is a good start.
Speaker 6: To did you guys not only prove something to the pod bas but prove something to yourselves in that seventh inning?
Speaker 13: This is a big win. Yeah, no doubt. You know I think, uh, you know, after that first game where we lost in the way we did. That's a tough way to tough game to bounce back from. So for us to get that way yesterday and then come back tonight, and you got to give a lot of credits to Walker and fished awesome, and then our both fend did a great job, so uh hell, and we hung in there as best we could, and then our offense exploded. And that's what it's gonna take in the postseason. You know, there's gonna be games where the offense doesn't get you know, three runs earlier or something like that. So for us as a pitching staff, you know, Walker and the both fend to shut him down the way they did and keep us in the game and get those guys a third and fourth at bat to get us some runs. And it's one of the best lineups I've ever seen in a Dodger team. So with the guys that we have, starting with show hay on down, it's a it's a good recipe for winning some games in October.
Speaker 6: Ever since Mueller's been called up and it started pitching on a regular basis, it feels like he's a defiant younger brother.
Speaker 13: How proud are you with him tonight?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 13: I yeah, I don't. I don't take any credit for any mentoring at Walker Ruelers, but I'll tell you what. I had a big game like tonight, first time he's pitched on four days rest all season for him to come back and you know.
Speaker 4: Pitched the way he did.
Speaker 13: I didn't want the ball and go out there and do it. I've always said it about Walker, but at the bigger the moment, it seems like the more he wants to pitch. So that's good. It's good for the Dodgers, it's good for October, and it's a great sign he pitched great tonight.
Speaker 6: Hey, Frank Stallone once said this Kershaw far from over.
Speaker 13: You're far from over.
Speaker 6: I expect to see that toe heeled and ready to go in ten days.
Speaker 13: I'll do my best, my best.
Speaker 6: Hey, fresh off an Emmy Clayton, Kershaw's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Division championship.
Speaker 13: Yeah, division championship seems a little better right now, but I'll take both.
Speaker 6: Thanks Kevin Wait, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thanks Dave all right.
Speaker 2: Last night, great job by David Vease inside that Dodgers clubhouse, hearing from Walkervila right there, who was really good in his outing and of course Clayton Kershaw, who's hoping to come back to help out this Dodgers team. Todgers Baseball's brought to you by Zenci handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on side. Pickup delicious sushi right before the game or after it. Ralph's another local supermarkets near the deli counter. Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and he's up next. We'll type deeper this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all.
Speaker 2: Season low Dodgers and Rockies. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shankis dot Com. Lead up to first pitching den for first pitch at five to ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Forresent about your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and all New twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Cal Quantrell twenty nine year old right hander out of Canada. He gets to start eight and ten with the four seventy two ERA, making his twenty nine start this season. Last time out, he faced the Dodgers at Dodgers said him last Friday, did not factor in the decision. He allowed three runs on six hits while walking four in four and two third innings in his career against the Dodgers six starts, one in five A seven to eighteen ERA in seven career appearances. Ryan Brasier is the opener for the Dodgers. Brazier thirty thirty seven year old right hander. It's gonna make his twenty ninth appearances four start. He was the opener on Sunday against the Rockies, one shutout inning. As the Dodgers and Rockies getting ready to square off. Don't forget Dodger fans winner Freddie Freeman autographed jersey. Sign up for your chance to win at a cleanla dot com. That's clean la dot com. Just take the survey, share what you've learned about recycling beverages. That's cleanla dot Com Dodgers Rockies fifteen minutes away from first pitch. I'm Tim katsis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies, Ryan Brazier cal Quantrille. The pitch matchup of this series opener Dodgers clinching the division last night. Dodgers Baseball's brought you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every Weekend. Find out more at speedycash dot com or stop in an LA area Speedy Cash Store. Back out to the booth Rick Monday, Tim neverrit Geist.
Speaker 4: Tim, Thanks again.
Speaker 8: Perfect night for a ballgame in Denver as the Dodgers and Rockies get set for action. Dodgers ninety five and sixty four, champions of the National League Western Division again and the Rockies sixty one and ninety eight, and they are playing to avoid one hundred losses for consecutive seasons. Pitching matchup a bullpen game. The Dodgers did this against the Rockies last Friday at Dodgers Stadium. It worked out where the Dodgers won that ballgame six to four.
Speaker 4: Brazier. It started it.
Speaker 8: Then they went Kelly Graderol who's not available. So we expect to see you Ben Casparius tonight and also Henriquez for his second major league stip.
Speaker 9: And there's still some things to accomplish this Dodger ball club, I think from an offensive standpoint, individuals. And we mentioned Mookie Betch a little bit earlier three to four hundred swings yesterday prior to the ballgame earlier on in the afternoon, Otonic Chain seeing records, no question about that. Gavid Lux Now hopefully he's swinging the bad a little bit better. But the Dodgers saw a quandrill and that was the last outing that he had in Los Angeles, so you know he's a guy that comes right at you. He ran in some problems in the in the fourth inning of that ball game in LA. And Mookie Benz, by the way, he had a two run home run off a control in the second inning in that outing at Dodger stated.
Speaker 8: Even though they've clinched the division titles, still important games here as the Dodgers are playing for the top seed in the National League and home field throughout Dodgers Rockies game one of three this weekend in Denver.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys, As Tim just mentioned a lot to play for in these three games. Dodger fans, even though they've already clenched the division, Dodger fans en hansher listening experience. Hey, download the iHeartRadio app and listen to games on the go and your mobile device, your laptop in your car, and it's in crystal clear HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. All right, first pitch is next Dodgers in Denver. To take on the Rockies of Tim Kates has been Rogo Casino Dodgers on deck the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network