Speaker 1: Big Food and on with Cliff and Bobo.
Speaker 2: These guys are your favorites, so like say subscribe and read it. Im Stard and me.
Speaker 1: Righteous on us today, listening, watching Lim always.
Speaker 2: Keep its watching.
Speaker 1: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 2: Greetings, Bobo, How you doing? Man?
Speaker 3: Hey? What's up Cliff? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Things are going all right for the most part. Melissa was out of town for a little over a week. She just got back last night. So I always appreciate having my best friend in the center of my universe around, so that's cool and joining that. I'm gonna go to the woods tomorrow. It's been about a week and a half for a lit over of weeks since I've been there, so I'm looking forward to doing that as well. What about you, anything cool going on?
Speaker 3: Well? I had something cool. I did have something cool going on. I got to go out with you and uh Art Letterman Polly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like having it was like the old days, you know, having like the quote unquote California Crew back together. You know, we got the band back together for a night, which is neat. They're at Bluff Creek and what a pleasure. That was because I was looking at my calendar and I knew Melissa had to go out of town. And I basically thought, you know, man, if I want to get the Bluff, I just like Bluff Creek. I just wanted to get down there. It's kind of like revisiting, you know, the Holy Land.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I try to do it every year or two at the very least. And I realized Melissa's headed out of town. If I didn't do it that at that window, I wasn't going to do it. And I wanted to see how the fires were. And I heard the roads are really good. You told me that, and so I said, okay, I want to go down and spend a few nights alone at Bluff Creek. On the way down, I talked to Bart He's he was going to be down there, so I called you. I said, hey, Bart's and then Lighterman was there. So it turns out to instead of spending three nights alone at Bluff Creek, I got to spend a night at Buff Creek. Was some of my best friends and it was awesome. Just loved it.
Speaker 3: Was you were on fire too, you there, weren't they growner jokes. They're all laughing jokes.
Speaker 2: Oh well, well, either either I'm wearing you down slowly or you're finally coming around in my sense of humor.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 2: I'd like to think my humor has not changed.
Speaker 3: I talked to Well, yeah, you got two kinds or three kinds, I guess. But anyways, Uh, yeah. I talked to Bart last night for a while, and he to go through all this audio yet, but he said, you went through yours if you couldn't find any of those notes he heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, he brought these rocks from Washington. He liked the sound of them clacking together, and he was that night when we went to bed, he was He walked up and down the road a few hundred yards and was clacking. And he said that he got a really weird clacking response back and I and you know, my recorder was running, and I went through and I got Bart clacking, but I didn't get anything after it. So I mean, either the position of my recorder prohibited it, or perhaps it was just too quiet. And you know, recorders don't get everything, that's for sure. So yeah, he heard some stuff responding, but I never did. I never did, although when I was out there walking around, you know, both at night and also during the day. There was some stuff happening. You know. We were at the water spot and there was a big marsh there and I was at the I guess it would be the northwest side of that, one of those marshes, and there was something on the hill above me, and I say, and it's probably a bear, because I mean there are tons and tons of bear there. I mean, everywhere you look, it's you can find bear prints. It's ridiculous how much bear is there, which is probably why the Sasquatch is pop by. And then later on that day, I was walking the roads. I was out there alone, walking the roads up and down on the side because the roads that are all chewed up at this moment because they've been doing so much road work. And I've been ranting, like, what a fantastic opportunity this is to find footprints at Bluff Creek. If you're interested in tracking, everybody should go to Bluff Creek and check it out. Because the roads I don't think I been this good for tracking, probably since the sixties before they graveled them. But anyway, when I was out there, I got some weird knocky sort of out noises. I mean, there are a lot of things are falling from the tree ease, of course, but I mean these sounded stronger than just something falling from the trees. And it came from the same general area as I was hearing something moving around on the hill above me, so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there was one there. It was neat. It was a lot of fun going there. I haven't been there. I went to Bluff last year in September, I think it was, or maybe the year before. Maybe it's been two years. I don't remember. Two years ago, yeah, but I didn't I didn't camp there. I camped at Laus Camp and I went to the film site and all that other stuff. And I didn't do either of those things this year. I wish I did. I really wanted to get down the Lauds, but I just enough time. The next morning, after Bart heard the knox or the clacks or whatever you want to call them, I woke up around six or seven, I think, and it sort of gathered my stuff and I was probably on the road heading out by about eight or so something like that, maybe eight thirty at the most. I had a chance to say goodbye to Lighterman because he gets up at the crack of dawn, and then, of course Bart was still asleep, so I just bailed. But I drove into Willow Creek that day and I met up with Eric, one of the people who manages the museum down there. Super nice guy. Hung out with him and we kind of went through the museum a little bit and we talked about some of the history. I corrected some of the placards that they might have been mislabeled. He was asking me, well, where's this cast right here? We just have a label for it, and I said, oh, it's over here in this exhibit. So they weren't missing as much as they thought. We went through through some of the drawers, I started piecing some things together opened so it kind of solves some things and also opened other mysterious questions I think, like, for example, the TIPMSS hand cast from nineteen eighty two, I believe, I think it was October nineteen eighty two, I remember right. I had a bunch of photographs courtesy of Larry Lund that he had never seen before of the casting of those prints that had various members from the Bay area group with him. I think Archie Buckley was there. I'm not sure if Warren Thompson was there or George Haas was there. I think George Hass was there as well, but I'm pretty sure Archie Buckley was there because he's a very particular style and that was him and photographs. He had never seen any of those photographs before, and of great interests in those photographs is after the casting, you see in case our listeners don't know, right, and a lot of people actually don't know much about this particular event. People probably know about the fifty eight stuff that Bob Timmas casts. They may even know about the fifty nine stuff in November fifty nine that he casts, and certainly they know about the Patterson Gimlin casts that he got at the site ten days after Roger and Bob filmed the thing, and there were a couple other events in there too. But Bob Timmos was very prolific, and very few people know much about what he did because Bob Timmos wrote virtually nothing about it. Whatever he did write is written in his own handwriting with pencil on the back of the footprint cast themselves, and those are on display in the Willow Creek Museum, but they're obviously displayed footprint side up, not the other way around, right, So a lot of that information has never really been seen before by the public. And of course he was a very quiet guy. He didn't really look for attention. He certainly wasn't in a purposeful influencer by any stretch of the imagination, which is probably why he's so respected, except for you know, there was obviously that cattiness between the old time researchers and stuff, and a lot of people tried to tear Bob Timmas down, unfortunately, and you can read stories about that, mostly which are.
Speaker 3: Fault a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Some yeah, a couple, a couple. But in nineteen eighty two, see Bob Timmis would go to Bluff Creek for about a month every year around October, and he chose October because not only was the Patterson Giblin film taken in October, but is also the Jerry Cruse stuff was from October as well. And of course Roger Patterson, on a trip down to Bluff Creek in nineteen sixty three, cast footprints at Lared Meadow in October. So October seemed to be a very hot month in Bluff Creek. So Bob Timmis would come down every month for about not every month every year, for about a month during October and walked the roads and looked for stuff and generally hang out.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: One of these trips, and I think it was in eighty two, he ran across a trackway up near Laired Meadow, which is where Roger cast footprints in October nineteen sixty three, and he followed them to a pond. And that pond is still there, so virtually the only pond on Laired Mountain, so it's easy to find, like the only man made sort of pond. I'm pretty sure it's man made. It's not very big, it's probably only about thirty feet by twenty feet or something like that. And the sasquatch went into the pond and there are footprints in the bottom of the pond and the thing and it was like moving like and basically here there were hand prints on the bottom of the pond too. So what it was doing, I don't know, maybe foraging for worms or who knows what kind of food items you find in the bottom of a silty pond, but it was doing it so Bob Tipmos drained the pond. He called his buddies, they came up, they got a pump, they drained the pond, and Bob cast a handprint two, which is at that time one of the only hand prints in existence. There's quite a few more now, but at that time first. Now it wasn't the first. Ivan Marx had the first Prince in nineteen seventy, but Ivan Marx is associated with it. Even though I think those prints are probably real, Ivan Marx had some other things that were not real later on, so everything he has done has been cast into doubt, unfortunately. And then there was the knuckle prints from June nineteen eighty two from Freeman. But really other than that, there was virtually nothing, you know, as far as hand prints go, actual cast at least, so he casts that. But he also casts a number of footprints, and I believe the Willow Creek Museum had I think they had six. I'm pretty sure they had six of these things in their drawers. But yet the photographs that Larry Lund gave to me shows nine and say, oh, well, isn't that interesting? Where are these other casts? And that's that's the story of my life, right there having a photograph of something that one cannot find in the data sets, Like, where are these other casts? I'd really like to see them. And you know, most most of the prints aren't that great, but Bob was such a good tracker, and he was so wise about these things that he would cast them regardless of quality basically. But a couple of these casts are actually really good. They show beautiful toes and really interesting stuff, and then of course the handprint that goes with it even makes it all the more interesting. So I thought that was really neat. But yeah, so I'll be working. I made good friends with Eric of course when I was down there, the guy, you know, kind of who's leading the Willow Creek Museum to some I mean, I want to say leading it, but he's definitely a force in the Willow Creek Museum. He's really interested in.
Speaker 3: He's the motivator. I mean, he's the guy who make things happened, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he's kind of like some young blood in there. And there's a couple of people down there actually that are doing some stuff, but he's he's a big, big motivator, as you said. So yeah, so I hung out with him and also what a treasure this was. He invited Dave McCoy over to talk to me. I think you've spoken to Dave, haven't you.
Speaker 3: Bobs, Yeah, I got him recorded.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, oh, really cool. It'd be interesting to hear that. I have about a forty five minute interview that I did that I recorded with him. And yeah, Dave McCoy is the son of Sil McCoy. Sil McCoy was a bigfoot researcher back in the early sixties. He did a lot of stuff with Bob Titmas. He lived down there in the High and Palm area, is a logger, all that sort of stuff. You know. He's just a man of the woods down there, and he was present when a lot of these famous casts were obtained, like the High Im Palm Site A and Site B stuff from nineteen sixty three from April. But there's a lot of other stuff going on down there that he also had an association with. He would go out and check out other footprint fines and come back, oh that's nonsense, or oh those are real, like cast a couple of them. So yeah, I talked to Dave McCoy for forty five minutes and recorded an interview with him, and it was just a wonderful interview, and I've kept in touch with Dave Simpson. He invited me next time I come down to the area. He said he'd be happy to go show me where some of the stuff happened. Go drive around High and Palm and get a guided tour from a McCloy. Oh, I'd be thrilled to do that, of course. Yeah, Eric and I at the museum, we're talking about trying to plan some sort of collaboration stuff between my museum and the Willow Creek Museum. So there's a lot going on there that a lot to look forward to as things kind of slowly pan out in the dust settles in my life here. So there's a lot going on as usual.
Speaker 3: Well, we got planned for this week. We don't have a guess that we're just doing a response with the listeners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to fill you in Bobo since the last time, one of the last episodes that you guys did together before we had some guests on, you had talked about selling the trailer and I posted that picture of you and the trailer and the feedback was pretty overwhelming, and so I'm just digging into our comments here, several people said, like our listener Bill said, I thought it would look much worse from the way that Cliff talked about it. Did is in and said the trailer is a million times nicer looking that I was expecting.
Speaker 3: That what I said clip with suring my deals that it's had a bad about that, so that we might have got some takers from the audience.
Speaker 1: My fault did There were a lot of like condolences, like, you know, Bobo, so sorry I had to part ways with your trailer. Harry says, what's really funny is Francis said, simply take me away with you, Bobo. Michelle says, are you saying you had to part ways with her? Ought?
Speaker 3: People understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we go over to uh Instagram here the Spooks Creeps podcast said, always in our trailer hearts. Hollyboo K says nice than I was expecting. So sorry to see it.
Speaker 3: Go, Bobo. Thank you. People understand how some simpthy It's well deserved.
Speaker 1: There was someone on Twitter. I didn't pull this one up, but you know the picture is you and the trailer, and someone on Twitter said, this is the most beautiful thing these eyes have ever seen. So I responded and said, yeah, but what did you think of the trailer?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: You will be missed Bobo's trailer. Oh my god, has it finally left the building?
Speaker 3: Literally?
Speaker 1: So you know, listeners were really moved by that picture, and you got a lot of sympathy and condolences for the trailers being gone there. You know, I think Monkey had a huge outpouring of love because she was so well known and was on the TV. But I will say I think the trailer definitely got more condolences than Sergio. But you know, we didn't really see that many images of Sergio unfortunately, so I don't think he quite instantiated himself into the hearts of our listeners like the trailer did.
Speaker 3: That trailer was stricken awesome. I was just lamenting to night. I'm like, I'm going to regret that decision more than anything else in my life. I'm sure getting rid of that.
Speaker 2: That's a staggering statement. I mean I wanted to respond to it, but I was still processing for seconds after you said that that you will regret selling that trailer more than you will re read anything else in your entire life.
Speaker 3: So far, so.
Speaker 2: Far, Okay, Wow, because I've known you a long time and I know that you have some very regrettable things in your past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we have a recurring segment about regrettable things, but what storytime that's true.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: We ended up tackling the Q and A the last session because I'd already put all those together and had all those in the queue when we found out that you had some stuff to deal with and couldn't make it. So we just had a roll with that. So I did save a couple of the Bobo questions. So one of the questions we had gotten was from a listener named Justin Brown who was asking Cliff and I. He called us the resonant nerds, and he was asking about video game related things. But he did ask at the end of his question, Bobo, what is the closest you've ever been to being nerd adjacent?
Speaker 3: We at the same time with Clip plenty of times. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: But I've heard you offer up some pretty heated defenses of like Lord of the Rings or some other things that you're like, that's not nerd.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, also, I would say that Lord of the Rings there's a lot of whiggle room in there, you know, like there's a lot of gray area. It's gradients. I would say that I have certainly walked past the threshold of nerdiness for Lord of the Rings. And Bobo is more he really loves it, but I would say he's more a casual fan isn't quite the right term because of his love for it. But like Bobo, have you read the Cimarillion? No, there you go. I think I think that's probably a good.
Speaker 3: That's someone like languages and all that in it, like how to translate languages.
Speaker 2: And now now it's it's kind of like the Old Testament in a way of Lord of the Rings. It's the backstory, yea worldwide history and context of in which the Lord of the Rings is set. So yeah, yeah, like if you don't know what Gondolin is, yeah, you might enjoy it. It's it's great, it's a wonderful book's.
Speaker 3: Probably I love it. I just haven't read it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a fantastic book. And it's not easy to read. The language changes, it's much more formal and like I said, kind of like it feels like reading the Old Testament, where you know, the Lord of the Rings is more narrative and there's dialogue and details and stuff, whereas in some Maarillion they'll they'll mention a battle that lasted for a year and a half and it'll be a paragraph, you know, that sort of stuff. So but but it is still it's probably my favorite Tolkien work, so wherever that's worth. But I think that Bobo's love for Lord of the Rings in Tolkien in general is perhaps a little bit more casual, where I would say I have definitely, you know, swam in the in the pool of nerdiness as far as the Tolkien legendarium goes, do you speak Elvin.
Speaker 3: Or or or No?
Speaker 2: I know a couple of words, but I wouldn't and I would not say I speak it by any means. On I definitely know. I'm not a tricky kind of guy actually at all, really, so I do enjoy him, but I'm not I can't say I'm into it.
Speaker 1: So there are a few leftover written submissions from the Q and a session that we did last time that we didn't get too so I could I could pop those in here because a couple of more finding Bigfoot related So now that we have Clobo present, that would be good.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, well here, I'll go ahead read this one. I'll read the first one here. This was from Laura hey Gens Laura from Australia. Here, longtime listener and longer time fan, Bobo. I had to get my own gone squatch and truck or cap when I saw you wearing it on Finding Bigfoot back in the day. My question is it seemed like wherever you went it was almost always squatchy and there was some form of activity. How realistic was it that you had activity wherever you went? It sounds like bumping into a sasquatch when outlooking is quite rare. So was any of that played up for the camera or were they actually that active? Because your locations were selected carefully, there was.
Speaker 3: Plenty of episodes we had no action. I mean, it was just dead. But we did go to the squatchiest places. I mean we were working with like some of the best researchers in the country to go to the best spots. Like we did tons of research on what time of year, you know, talking to witnesses and you know, big footers in the area, so we had pretty good luck because we were going to new spots all the time. I mean, you know, like to the best spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think we probably batted I'm gonna guess here, fifty percent, you know. And if you're batting fifty percent in baseballing and that's like you know, Hall of Famer stuff, right, fifty percent for Bigfoot, it's amazing. And really the reason we were so good, we're so lucky, so good, so whatever, so successful is we had the databases behind us, you know, money Maker's database, the BFRO was at our disposal, including a nationwide network of researchers who were out in the field on a pretty regular basis interviewing witnesses and learning about stuff. And I had probably at that point, I myself had twelve hundred reports probably submitted to me by then. So but Matt had you know, ten times that, well maybe not ten times, yeah, maybe ten times or more, you know, of good reports from almost wherever we went. So if we knew we were going to someplace, you know, like Mississippi, he would just call up his Mississippi researchers and say, we're going to these areas. What do you think what's been going on, tell me about it, and kind of keep his finger on the pulse there for a month or so before we went down there, and say what you I know, a lot of people don't like Matt for whatever reason. I like him just fine. In fact, I was literally texting with him this morning. But he is very good at finding sasquatches. He maybe right or wrong about some other things that he says or whatever, and his his hypotheses, just like we all are, but he is very good at finding sasquatches and where they are likely to be. So when he gets the intel from his researchers who may have just looked into report that happened three weeks ago, he can start scouring maps in that area and trying to figure out what's going on and piecing together some sort of model of what he thinks sasquatches are doing. And you know, and I'll be darn men, he's right.
Speaker 3: A lot Google Earth and good maps, and my maker will show you that he will find the spots that are most likely to have him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, he was. He was a lot of the reason we're successful, between the BFRO and Matt's innate ability to locate them, and you know, and you know, it's not like the rest of us aren't any good either. But Matt had the resources, and he had the researchers out there he could tap into. He had the sighting reports stuff, I mean, the BFRO stuff. If you if you go online, you only see the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of reports that are still behind the veil, so to speak. And most of the reason he's not hiding anything from you. I don't see these things of locks.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not online in the Bigfoot world very much. But I do see people who these paranoid fantasies about how the BFRO is hiding things away and they have a warehouse full of data that they're not sharing and all this other nonsense. It's like, man, calm down, your conspiratorial nonsense. It's not like that at all. But there are a lot of reports that remain uninvestigated. That's the key there, because it's an all volunteer organization, and the BFRO, I mean, I'm not a member. I don't think any of us here are members, but we were at one point and I'm not a member just because I find that in this weird tribal world that we have inherited. If you're in a group, other people won't work with you, you know, And it's a group sort of thing. You're either for me or against me sort of stuff. And I think that all that is nonsense. I think that's childish personally. So I'm not in any group whatsoever, So I can work with whoever whoever wants to work with me. I'm fine with it. But it's an all The BFRORO is an all volunteer organization, and no matter how enthusiastic you think you are about Bigfoot, once you talk to five or ten witnesses, the fire kind of dims a bit and you think, well, I'm going to hear another road crossings. And most people just investigate fewer and fewer reports the longer they're in any group. And there are some diehards out there that do it all the time, don't get me wrong, But most people who get signed up for the BFRORO, they're on fire for a month or two, they do three or four, five reports or something, and then they slowly start neglecting the BFRO stuff because life gets in the way, and so most reports probably go uninvestigated. Or they just aren't really worth it because somebody heard a knock and they think it's more important than a knock actually is, or a vocalization actually is. But when you're making a TV show, some of that stuff could be very useful. If you have an area that you get all these weird vocalizations from and knocks and a footprint find that a lot of people would never even investigate and put and post publicly. Well, that stuff could add up to it. I mean, Moneymaker's the money Maker math. We said it on the TV show a couple of times, you know, And what is it? A bunch of maybes equals it? Probably, Yeah. So that's why we were so successful because we had we had the Bfroro database, We had Moneymaker, and we had Bobo and I with a lot of Woods experience, and I knew a bunch of witnesses as well, and Bobo knew him. Boba doesn't really keep it. I don't think you really keep a database per se. But you know a lot more people than I ever will in my entire life cumulative.
Speaker 3: You know what I gotta say about my Maker was on the pilot, we had no luck. In the last Prince of Wales island of Shoot in the pilot. On the final butt Maker just goes, we're going up here, and he pulled up the map and he how did jourch you this map? And looking at Google Earth, But we're going there. We went up there and sure enough, And that's one of the things that really got the show kind of pumped. When we got the rock explodion. It sounded like it took two rocks and just smashed them together behind us, thinking it sounded like a sledgehammer, like a giant sledgehammer hitting another rock and it exploding like and you can hear the chunks of rock flying through the brush and it was literally like thirty feet behind us, forty feet behind us, something like that. Fifty feet no more than fifty feet. Roder, I want some of hit radeos.
Speaker 2: On the other it is Aaron Rider. A lot of people might know Aaron Ryder from other TV shows that she's done, but she was a producer on her pilot.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, and so it was it was shocking. It was so loud and so violent and so sudden and the quiet still dark night, and so that kind of went a long way and getting everyone pumped up on the show before it even air, and I was thanks to money Maker.
Speaker 2: It was Matt, and also the stubbornness of Matt and you you, I want to take away the glory of your stubbornness as well, because it really changed everything for the show. Because again, when we're filming the pilot, the producers were making the decision. And these producers don't know anything about bigfoot I mean, I mean they don't. Some of them were in their twenties and they think they know everything, because that's what it's like being a twenty three year old person who's given the who granted the the title of produce sir. When that's what all you want to do for your life, of course you're gonna be kind of full of yourself and think you know what's up, but you don't. And and these producers were making decisions about where we're going to go bigfooting based on remember that one dude, I remember his name, but he said that it's going to look great when you guys walk across that log. So really, that's what you think we're doing. That's what you think we're doing here polistic. Yeah, it's insane, insane, And we were we had nothing going on. We had nothing basically except for a lot of pretty shots and b rolls and a few witnesses. And I remember we we went in there before the last night investigation we were scheduled to go out that night. We went over to the cabin where the owners of the production company and you know, the head producers were all staying, and we went in there and said, dude, we're not getting anything, and it's because you're choosing the spots. You're not letting the bigfooters do what we do. We do this, you don't. You don't know what you're talking about, and we're going to fail unless you give us a little bit more control here. And they were not happy with us at all anyway, because of butting heads with us all week long, and we're not getting anything, and they knew that we're all failing, and we just basically said, dude, you're holding us back. You are the reason this is failing. You need to let us do some bigfoot stuff or we're not going to get anything. And they at that point were so aggravated and frustrated with us, they basically said, okay, you have three hours go, and they let us loose and we hauled ass. You remember that in that old suv thing that we had. Yeah, and we hauled ass up the mountains just trying to find. Okay, the only way we're going to get anything is by vocalizing. We need to find a spot that we can yell the furthest and get something in return, because we have three hours to scout a spot and find a sasquatch before we go out and film for the final night investigation on a pilot that will either make or break the show period. And we did, and Matt says, this is where we need to go, and we drove that road. We found the best spots we can to vocalize, and long and short of it is, we got them. We got them that night, and only because the production justment a brief moment of unexplainable wisdom, because I don't have a lot of faith in production in general. They let us do what we do. You know, to me, it's just such a no brainer that, like, you know, like somebody is trying to tell you how to fix your car, but they've never held a wrench. You're going to talk to the mechanic, right, Let the mechanic do what they do. Let the bigfooters do what they do, and they did and we won on that one, and that was basically the struggle for the next season or two. You know, everybody knows that we've had struggles on finding big Foot, particularly first season, but the production found that the more they let us do what we do, the more successful the show was, you know, and the body you know, we didn't get them all the time. To get back to Laura's question, we didn't get them all the time, but we bat at about a fifty to fifty and for Bigfoot, that's amazing. And at the end of the day, it's only because the production finally tried trust us and we delivered. At the end of the day, we delivered because they realized that we do this all the time, and the people who live in la who don't have a lot of life experience, who don't even think Bigfoot is real, maybe they should not be the ones to choose where we go look for these animals.
Speaker 3: She paid they weren't recording that, because that was what I saw to day. Really freaked out, like I mean, she was, I mean we all were like, just oh, well, I say she was scared, but she was. We were all just so startled. Just you heard it too, I mean everyone you had to have heard it. But how far were you from it when it did that?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't remember. I think I was on the road below you or something about maybe quarter mile or a couplet least a couple hundred yards, I don't remember. But yeah, by any way, that's the answer for that one, Laura. Yeah, we didn't get them all the time, but we did do pretty well with it. I mean, I think for Bigfoot we did excellent.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: At that point particularly, we didn't know what kind of reality show this is going to be, Like, are they going to put this against each other? It is this gonna be like Real Housewives or something where we're just all monsters to another, you know. But so we weren't. I remember, I was very conscious and we spoke about it as a group to not give them stuff that they could use against us like that, you know, And then later on we eventually trusted them we can be more ourselves. And you can see that if you watch the episodes from season one to season eight or nine or whatever however they designate those things. So it's all made up anyway, as far as what seasons go, that doesn't really make sense. But from the beginning to the end of the show, you see that, like, oh, the real personalities are coming through, you know, later on in the seasons, whereas the first season or two were much more reserved and stuff. But there's one thing I wanted to address in this question.
Speaker 3: Where was it?
Speaker 2: So it was any of that played up for the camera, And that kind of goes back to this thing where we didn't want to give them anything they could use against us, right, and that was us not trusting them for you know, for right. Wrong doesn't really matter at this point. But I remember being out and hearing coyotes and I go, okay, coyotes like that, and one of our producers, Heather was her name. Heather said of me, say that's all you got. I said, well, yeah, it's just coyotes. Like I'm not gonna get excited about coyotes or anything like that. I don't want the editors to make it look like I'm a big so yeah. But but but Cliff and she put it in a way that I finally understood what they needed, you know, And she says, okay, Cliff, check this out. You're a teacher, right, You're doing a lesson on some geology lesson like volcanism or something on volcanoes. And you do that, you know that that thing that the kitchen chemistry thing where you mixed together baking soda and vinegar and it bubbles up and you can tint it red and make a volcano sort of thing that we've all seen that in elementary school sort of settings. Right, she says, if you're doing that in your classroom and you're and you're showing your children, and you've been doing this lesson for five or eight years in a row, and you have a new crop of fifth graders or whatever in there, and you're showing that lesson to the students, are you going to go, yep, there it is. You like that, guys, Or are you going to go, oh my gosh, look at this, this is amazing blah blah blah blah blah blah and get all fired up about it and then talk about it. And I said, well, obviously I would do that because my students are important to me. He says, that's right, Cliff, And now you don't have a class of thirty. You have a class of about a million and a half people every single week. You owe it to them to be more enthusiastic about it, and don't worry about what the editors are going to do. Just be you just go big. Just treat this like you're teaching students, because you are, and some student quote unquote out there is going to be is going to catch what you have man contagiously speaking, you know, like they're going to be enthusiastic too about the subject, but not if you do it like this. Yeah, so what it's coyotes. Get excited about hearing coyotes. There's nothing wrong with that. You're not lying, You're you know, you can be excited about hearing coyotes.
Speaker 3: We know if the codsrom is the food around.
Speaker 2: Right, right. But I was so concerned about them throwing us under the bus that I wasn't given it that, you know, so later on it hadn't really changed it for me, and I went, oh, yeah, that makes sense to me. I am I am doing a disservice to the to the audience by not getting enthusiastic about coyotes, you know, So that changed everything for me, and it just made a lot more sense to me. And I think probably I think we had a better show because little lessons like that about how to make good TV and still be true to the subject or.
Speaker 3: Make mediocre TV. PA's true to the subjects.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I look back now. I think it's pretty I think it's an okay show, man. I think it's pretty okay.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: It makes me laugh now because it doesn't even seem like me in the show, and it's a lot funnier than I remember it too. Holy crap. I haven't seen an episode for probably a year or a year and a half, but I mean I remember just laughing, like, man, we have some really funny jokes in there, man, super funny stuff, considering none of it was written. It is all just improvised.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got another one here from Connor Klein. Hey, I'm a long time listener of the podcast. I listen to you guys while I weld. My question is what would be the best way to manage your property with Bigfoot in mind? Thank you for all you guys, do.
Speaker 2: Well, do well, d weld see I only have one flavored joke awesome. Oh by the way, and that's an inside joke because moneymaker he would very often go welly welly well you know, and and so it was a it was a joke on the anybody who knows Matt.
Speaker 3: Cocker Orange, well do you well, d Weld, Yeah, that's really good. Sorry you got it from Cockerk Orange? Well well welly so yeah, I think about that all the time. I think one thing you can start with is make it count of a semi have a junk yard, so you have like old dilapidated boats, a couple of uninhabitable trailers.
Speaker 2: Is that what you were doing by leaving your trailer on my property?
Speaker 3: Good one? Yeah? How many times Dold we go to someplace like that and it's like small junk yards. It had a lot of activity. But first off, you want to be in a good squatch stone and bit in fruit trees and things that will attract deer and and that sort of thing. So it's not straight on having as many food sources as you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think food and animals. Yeah, that's it, Like food for you and the animals as well as live animals is a big thing. But of course, you know when you look at the property up there in Washington, our buddy up there. They've got pretty much none of that. They have like fruit trees, but they basically had. Oh and if you can get a property at the end of a road, the last one on the road would be fantastic. Pushed up against some sort of public land would be amazing. So food, food and live animals to show that other animals are cool there, and stuff, and maybe as a food source. And you got to be okay with like, you know, losing some losing a cat every once in a while or something, but that that would help a lot. I think another good thing is be predictable. I think you would be eventually predictable anyway. You know, if you have a routine, they pick up on that pretty quick. And I think that having a routine that's not really cultivating a property necessarily or managing a property, but that's something you can do with your own life, is just have realize your routine, because we all have one, we just don't think about it so much. Realize your own routine and kind of take notes on it, and then every once in a while break it to see if they're cruising around, because they don't expect you to be in a certain area yeah, and other than that, I mean, I don't know. I mean, I have some plans for my property. I've got about twenty twenty three acres out here on the slopes of mountain Hood here and then the foothills, and I haven't done a lot to my property to cultivate it for sasquatches yet, because well, part of the reason is anything you do for sasquatches, bears are going to become an issue. You know, essentially, you know you're gonna have a lot of bears around. And I don't think my wife really wants bears around very much because I'm gone a lot. But I do have some ideas about planning some fruit trees on the upper property. We've got a couple of springs up there that would probably keep the fruit trees watered efficiently, So I'd like to put some food sources up there, because we don't get bears down where I am necessarily, but on the top of the property or underneath this, underneath the outbuilding, we get a lot of bear movement all throughout there. It's because we have a blm land at the end of the road here and there's a lot of bears out there. But I have some ideas about putting some food items up on top and not not baiting for bears. I'm not hunting or anything like that, but I'm planning some apple trees or maybe a pear tree or something out there in the brush if I can find a sunny enough spot for it.
Speaker 3: Of course, put a little feed plot out, like just like twenty stalks of corn, you know, like even that would well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, totally. I just this past week I put out I had maybe about ten or fifteen gallons worth of sweet feed. So I just put a pile of that upstairs, just to put it out there, just to see what happens that kind of thing. And I think also putting food Like last year, I went crabbing. At some point we limited out on crabs and came back, and once we ate them, I put all the shells in a big pile up there. And I try to put the food stuffs in the same area every single time, so again, be predictable with what you're doing, you know. And I've had sasquatch stuff happen up there. This is up at the top campsite. I think you've been up there, Bobo, but above the top camp site. There's you know, twenty no, not realistically, about four or five six acres of undeveloped land that no one's ever done anything with. I don't own it. It belongs to the people who live further up the hill from me, but they've never been down there. There's no roads down there, there are no trails down there. It's just wild land essentially, and I think that's where a lot of the animals moving. I've gotten knocks out of that area before, so yeah, it just kind of make a big show. They go up there, put the food down, and then leave the area. Whenever. Most of the time when I'm up there, they can hear me coming because I'm righting in the side by side or the tractor or something like that. So those are ideas for Connor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anything we missed through it.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's a pretty good overview. I always wondered because, yeah, a lot of those long term or repeat visit sites do seem like really junkie and I always thought maybe they just somehow gravitate to places that a not only provide a lot of hiding places and things to be obstructed by, but I think the lifestyle of the people there in a really manicured place would show that the residents are fairly vigilant. So not only are they removing all the obstructions and things to hide behind, but they'd kind of always be outside doing some kind of maintenance and paying a lot of attention, and that would just put them off too. So yeah, the things you see in common across all those places, not only it's like where they're situated in terms of the environmental context, but yeah, they tend to be pretty neglected looking.
Speaker 2: And if you're really interested in developing a property and knowing what to look for and stuff, I would recommend reading Tom Powell's book The Locals. He was really amongst the first people to really delve into this whole habituation thing. And of course I don't know Tom has gone much much further. He thinks sees thing live underground and inside the hollow earth, and there's alien connections and all sorts of paranormal stuff that I don't agree with, but I love Tom. And back in the early days when he was transitioning over to the paranormal ideas that he now holds deer, he was still kind of pretty flesh and blood and he was looking into these properties that had sasquatches giving repeat visits, and he had a lot of things to say about it that I thought were are still to this day very very useful for things to think about. So check out Tom Powell's book The Locals and see what he has to say about some of these properties that he was doing work on. And to Tom's credit, you know, Tom was back in he was in the bfr O at the time and as actually writing the book The Locals that made him leave the BFRO at some point, and he did a camera trap project on one of these properties and sure enough got a picture. So and that picture is in the North American Bigfoot Center. We have a whole display on that because it's one of these things that almost nobody knows about, but but it actually happened, and he got two frames of a video of one of these things walking past a camera. It's not very good, don't get your hopes up or anything, but it is a silhouette that is definitely big foot shaped in front of some very archaic nowadays archaic technology. Back then, it was cutting edge, and I think it was Richard Hucklebridge that kicked down the money to fund this project. And nowadays, like the technology is like laughable nowadays, but back then it was cutting edge. It's like either two thousand or two thousand and one. But yeah, Tom Powell's book The Locals and his work up there and what they call the Chehalis Project is just fantastic, just really really good stuff and even to this day it has a lot of value. So go check that out if you can read, read read books.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: I guess you're can move on to the next one.
Speaker 2: Well, this question, which will probably be the last question for this episode here, comes from Marty Campbell. Enjoy the show. I myself am a complete non believer in any claims of Bigfoot, but still enjoy listening for entertainment. If there was some kind of evidence to show the lack of existence of Bigfoot, what would that evidence be to convince you? And what would you do to find that out? I understand you can't prove a negative. This is more of a fun thought experiment.
Speaker 1: Thanks party, you idiot. Well, nobody's perfect, right, No. I really love the fact that people who are non believers listen. I think that's great and that they find value in it, whether it's just entertainment or if they're learning, you know, tangential things about other animals or wildlife or science in general. You know, from my perspective, first of all, you'd have to demonstrate what animal out there makes certain sounds, especially the big moaning howls, because just from personal experience, I've heard that eleven times all across North America. Many people have gotten recordings of that. It's been analyzed by a number of bioacoustics experts who basically unanimously agree that it's not synthetic, it's not mechanical, and it's not man made, and it doesn't correspond with any known mammal. So I think if sasquatches did not exist, but you could demonstrate that bears in very specific circumstances, just as an example, produce that sound that might be compelling. You know, you'd have to have some alternative for a lot of these things. And if there is no such thing in the objective environment, then it only exists within the human mind. Then I think you would have to set up a situation whereby you could reliably induce phenomenologically authentic observations or encounters with sasquatches under some kind of like laboratory conditions, And you'd have to figure out what it is in the environment that is triggering these authentic experiences in people, because they don't have them in their homes or at the gym, or at the restaurant or at the grocery store, or in their cars, you know, while they're in the city or in urban areas, et cetera. And so I think it would take a lot to prove that, like, no, this is solely restricted to the human mind, and we can replicate it, and all these very real stimuli in the environment that people hear we can definitively attribute to other mammals, because if you couldn't, well, it's like, well, now you need a new cryptid. What other animal is producing that sound that we don't know about, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the most likely culprit would be the one that people actually claim to see in those areas instead of some new fantastical sort of thing that would be kind of pulled out of your butt.
Speaker 1: I guess you know, oh, your preacher to the choir. But I'm go with the thought experiment. What would it take?
Speaker 2: Oh, no, I get it. Yeah, what a take? I mean that, you know. I mean the BA has gotten better looks at sasquatches than I have, you know. I mean I've seen one, maybe two, and neither sighting was great. One it is through a thermal image, or the other one is at a great distance, if that's what I saw it all. But the thing I keep coming back to, at least lately, is that I go out to the woods one to three days a week, and I'm going to areas where oftentimes I don't even know I'm going to go. They're at that particular location. I don't even know I'm going there. No one else does. My wife doesn't know where I am. The guys at the shop, my employees and friends don't know where I am going. No one knows because I don't even know when I set out, and I kind of make up my mind on the drive out there, Oh I'm going to go try that road. But yet I find occasionally I find footprints out there, and they're big. They're like fourteen inches. There's a seventeen inch one that I've seen more than once now in one of my areas. And these are these are footprints and not just individual footprints either, like the strange marks on the ground. Are these are trackways, you know, with with multiple footprints in them, spaced evenly and showing details and stuff. And that to me is pretty compelling. That, to me is pretty compelling that I'm on the right track here. So what would it take? Like I can write off my sightings because they're not that good, you know, but the footprint stuff, that would be hard for me to do so, And again, no one knows I'm going there. And if there's something about hoaxing that I know about is that hoaxers generally want their stuff to be found. They put in obvious places they would call them in, you know, to to various people. I've been hoaxed that way before. People don't generally hoax and then hope that somebody runs across them in these places that there's no reason to walk into. Right, So I guess someone would have to show me how they're how they're doing this, or that I am so gullible that and such a lousy tracker that I would think anything is a footprint even if it's not, which is probably that's probably much easier to prove actually than someone's out there hoaxing it. You know, I'm much more open to me being wrong, being mistaken than I am that somebody is out there hoaxing me in places that I don't even know I'm going to.
Speaker 3: I mean, that'd be great if it's if I say, oh, these these record you guys assume have been big for those years, are not there this It's like the tre Hala scream that Tom. Yeah, Steberg ended up filming the actual tiotie, making the sound like he got an on camera coming out of his mouth.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I don't think he filmed it. I think he just saw it and he was going to try to film it to be fair though whatever that's worth, okay, But yeah, he saw it with his own eyes. And as far as I'm concerned, as Tom Steinberg says something like that he observed, you can take that to the bank.
Speaker 3: He's probably the most cautious researcher I know for making statements on want something in there isn't.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I think first you'd have to eliminate the authentic experiences and then move on to Okay, well, once we eliminate that, now we have to deal with the other sounds, But when it comes to the authentic experiences. You know, I've always been very open and like, I've never had a clear sighting, I've not had a visual And so many people, you know, skeptics that are good friends of mine, will say like, well, isn't that enough proof for you that it can't be a biological animal. I'm like, well, then the alternative is that it's psychological, and I've equally not experienced that, and according to many skeptics, it's a wish fulfillment. Oh, people see it because they want to see it. It's like, well, I want to see it worse than just about anyone on the planet. And so if we're going to say that because I've not experienced it, it doesn't exist, then there's your grounds right there for saying that the psychological sasquatch doesn't exist, because well, why haven't I seen fifty of them? By now? Why did John Green never see one? You know, there's a whole list of people who devoted their lives and a lot of field time to trying to see one that never had a clear visual And so you know, you can't have it both ways versus you know, there's there's plenty of animals that do exist that I've not seen with my own eyes in the wild, like wolverines for example. You know, not that I've spent a tremendous amount of time wolverine country, but I have spent some and I've never seen a wolverine in the wild. Now, yes, there's footage and we all know they exist, But just as an example from personal experience, I would never look at that and go, well, you know, I ain't buying it until i'd see it for myself. That'd be pretty silly. But if we're going for this, you know, biological hypothesis versus or as opposed to a psychological hypothesis, then well then why am I not experiencing that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the whole premise of your book, you know, from cover to cover, that's the premise. Psychological or biological. Let's take a look and weigh the evidence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and spoiler alert, there's a lot of both. I think that happens because even if the biological is born out, there's certainly psychological components. But in terms of this uni dimensional analysis that the sasquatch doesn't exist, therefore, any authentic experience has to just be a wish fulfillment or you know, a delusion. It's like, okay, fair enough, then I'm still waiting for that to happen to me. I guess I must not have that component, you know, I'm not arrogant enough to think that I would be immune to that. That's what's so funny about a lot of the skeptical arguments. It's like, well, you know, people have false memories, and so you can genuinely believe you saw an animal that was never there. It's like, oh, really, how many of the animals that you've seen in your life do you assume actually weren't there? Or do you think that just everyone else is subject to false memories but not you? You know, what do you mean? It's like, okay, well you've seen deer when you're driving. I want you to think back and then as sign what percentage of those deer were not actually there? Well, it doesn't happen to me, I mean for other people. It's like, of course that's what you mean. Or you know, memories are fallible, you can't rely on memory at all. Okay, well, how many of your memories of your life experiences do you assume to be entirely fictitious. Probably zero. You know, there's things you might remember better than others. You might admit to yourself, well, I don't really remember it all that well. But it is funny to see people constantly making these broad generalizations about humankind, but those never apply to them. And so I'm not going to say it couldn't happen to me. I just find it interesting that of all the years and the thousands of days and nights and many thousands of hours I've spent actively looking for a sasquatch and hoping and wishing and you know, begging the universe, praying whatever you want to call it, to see one, I haven't. And so I don't necessarily buy that like, oh yeah, you know, people just see what they want to see. Sorry, it ain't that easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I mean I haven't had a great study, Like I haven't had like a in the headlights up close or daylight where I got to see it see it, like see it move and walk and you know, see its face, you know, clearly, like where you get to look at the eye or something like that. You know, it's like I'm dying for like a good detailed sighting.
Speaker 1: Absolutely we're in the same boat there, so.
Speaker 2: We keep on going. Well, you know, speaking of being wrong. I know we're kind of coming to the end of this, this this dance for this week. But you know, remember last week or last time I was, I commented that that I might have misspoken, and I want what I wanted to say was that bonobos are more closely related than chimpanzees. Remember that whole that whole thing that we went through, Matt, Yeah, you weren't there, but that's one of these examples of memories, right, But maybe did you listen to the podcast, Bobo, Yeah, I heard it. Okay, Well it turns out I was wrong and I was corrected once again. So talk about being wrong, and I'll say it again. If you're talking about bigfoot for a living like we do, you're probably going to say some incorrect things sometimes. So again, a good friend, doctor Hogan Cheryl, who was a guest on our podcast back in the day, I got a text from him a few days ago saying that is it is incorrect. Although there is a there's a small faction of primatologists that advocate for that based on Bonobo's peaceful demeanor rather peaceful demeanor compared to chimpanzees. But what he told me was that the last common ancest sure between Bonobo's and chimpanzees was about three and three or four million years ago, three and a half million years ago, whereas the last common ancestor between humans and chimpanzees was about six six and a half million years ago. So therefore we are equally close closely related to Bonobo's and chimpanzees because their common ancestor is much more recent, about half the distance back than the humans and chimpanzees' last common ancestor. So once again I sit here corrected. So thank you very much for correcting me. And of course everybody is willing, or everybody is. I'm willing to listen to anybody who wants to correct me. And I always appreciate supporting research papers and all that sort of stuff, because I am a learner about bigfoot and primatology and paleo anthropology and everything like that. Certainly not an expert. I'm just a learner like everybody else. So keep it coming, guys, appreciate it. Thanks doctor V.
Speaker 3: Sherup. I'm gonna getting more into the the last couple of years, getting more into the pale anthropology by you and Matt obviously are have delved into it deep for a long time. But there's a lot of stuff. I mean, we'll get to it the next time about the articles, but I can't wait to talk about that. I found that pretty fascinating.
Speaker 2: It's I think it's it's not mandatory, but it might as well be mandatory. Like if you really take the bigfoot subject seriously and you want to be a student of the bigfoot subject, paleoanthropology is kind of required reading because these things fit into our family tree somewhere and where that is, I don't know, no one does, but we can learn that. It's kind of like, you know, we study the ape species to learn more about ourselves essentially at the end of the day. Yeah, yeah, we want to learn about o ring oftans, we want to learn about guerrillas. But at the same time, they hold a mirror up to our own species in a lot of different ways, and we should be studying human evolution for the exact same reason. The fact that like uh sasquatch hands are are are more similar to like Ostralla pithesene hands than they are to gorilla hands. That tells us something, because anatomy reflects behavior, you know, very directly in a lot of ways. And I think that everyone who is a serious student of the sasquatch subject should probably look into or at least dabble in paleoanthropology. I think you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't. I've started reading Debbie argues book Little Species, Big Mystery. I think that's a name of it. It's upstairs. I don't have the cover in front of you, but I'm pretty sure that's the title of it. And she is a pale anthropologist I believe, who is looking into the Homo floresiensis subject. And she's also an advocate of them being a more archaic species than say Homorectus, which is a very commonly thrown around, you know, diagnosis of them, I guess. But just last night, in the very very first chapter, that's all I've gotten through so far, she was talking about how if you look at the end side of the cranium, you can see signs of where arteries attached and in like feed blood to the brain, and therefore you can kind of figure out what part of the brains are. The brain is getting more you know, more more advanced, more developed, and then that that gives some sort of reflection or some sort of hint as to the cognitive ability of the species. And it's like, well, well, mind blowing, mind blowing stuff, right, So yeah, again, everybody should be looking into something like this. And if I may, you know, one of the things that really turned me on to the palaeo anthropology thing that I really really enjoyed are a number of books by Ian Tattersall. So if you check out Ian Ian Tattersall stuff. I think he's the guy in charge of the human evolution stuff at the Museum in New York and the Naturalizer Museum in New York, and several of his books like Masters of the Planet was I think with the first one I read and then I read another one, what is it stretching my memory here.
Speaker 1: The rickety Cossack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the case of the Rickety Cossack, I think is what it was. The books are very very it's kind of like a chronological walkthrough of major paleoanthropological discoveries and consequences through through all the time. Basically because you know, back in I think the first hominin fossil that was discovered that people started taken seriously was like in the mid eighteen hundreds, and it was a Neanderthal Neanderthal cranium if I remember, right, and that's where people went like what humans evolved too, you know, and like what we just weren't here all the time like this? You know, it's like, no, of course not, why would we were subject to all the natural forces that all the other animals are. And so he kind of walks us through from that point on to the present and the mistakes that were made, the the successes. They're just fantastic books. So Ian Tattersall is I highly recommend reading his stuff. There's a lot of fun to read and makes it very, very digestible for the public.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really want to read Debbie Argue's book. And I didn't know that she took the heterodox view, the sort of contrarian view, but given her surname and my predilection for nominal determinism, I guess I should have expected that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doctor Meldrim suggests that I read that book, and so far I'm loving it. Well, should we close this one down and go to the member section.
Speaker 1: There's a few more member questions that came in since you and I recorded the members Q and A, so I'm sure there's some here that would be great for the Bobes. And then for those of you who are listening to this main podcast that are members. I did receive an anonymous tip related to the Pigeons that I'm going to ask Bobo about. And so if you're not a member and you want to learn about the Pigeons, which trust me you very much, do, you should consider becoming a member.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, the Pigeons is the gang that Bobo was involved in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should read that the intro whatever on the Patreon page. You should put that out to the public. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously on the member episode, Cliff and I learned great deal about Bobo. But then when I was posting the announcement of the episode in this particular aspect of Bobo's life, I spent a lot of time sitting down and writing an overview of what we had learned. But this is spoiler free, so you're gonna hear a lot of things if you've become a member.
Speaker 3: But I wrote the.
Speaker 1: Pigeons were a blight upon the once pristine streets of Manhattan Beach and represented the gross degeneration of the American middle class. This preposterous syndicate of pseudo delinquent's most menacing act was the theft of ironing boards, no doubt a symbol of their disdain for decency and order. They could often be found roosting in trees and cooing like an unholy communion of Avian madmen. Their vocalizations represented what one might generously describe as territorial dispute calls for people with an abundance of leisure time. Their initiation rights were as insipid as their penchant for laundry oriented larceny. New recruits, referred to as eggs, a cynical mockery of natural order, were subjected to the demeaning ritual of the daw pile. Only after enduring this embarrassment were neophytes permitted to hatch into full pigeons, an evolution that must have seemed more significant to them than to any of the unfortunate onlookers who witnessed it. They're so called havoc, which they believe to be the height of subversive genius, was undoubtedly intended to ruffle the collective plumage of the Southern Californian suburban elite, a testament to the failure of society to instill any sense of dignity or purpose in its youth. In hindsight, the Pigeons will be remembered as both a towering monument to the audacity of the human spirit and as an instantiation of the conceptual confluence of privilege and boredom.
Speaker 3: That's perfect.
Speaker 2: That was amazing. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: But so yeah, side to become a member if you want to hear the first hand account of the rise and rain of the pigeons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, go to the website big for to be on podcast, hit podcast, hit that membership button and they'll tell you everything you need to know.
Speaker 3: All right, folks, it's another episode of wrapped up here, and thanks to Matt for joining us and giving some good insights, and thank you to the listeners, and thank you to our Patreon family that we're going to go join now. You're missing out if you're not going to be there. But until next week, y'all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes. Subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond