Speaker 1: My name is Sandy.
Speaker 2: This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat a Serbic wife who is the direct descendants of Viking warriors Secretariat. All the horses Saturday were related to Secretariat, which is very cool. Yeah it is. No, she is not the descendant of Viking warriors. I might be you have that in your blood.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. I'm a little feisty.
Speaker 1: You are, you know, a little feisty.
Speaker 2: I've always kind of been interested in the Vikings, but I just never quite get to where I dig into it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Plenty of shows, like I know shows, and.
Speaker 2: My friend of mine just loves one of them and tells me to watch it. And I started watching it, and I just, I don't know, I couldn't get there.
Speaker 3: Interesting it was.
Speaker 2: It seemed like Lord of the Rings. Not Lord of the Rings. What's the other one when everyone's crazy about the where they walked.
Speaker 3: Everywhere and they walked everywhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the guy, the red wedding and the oh it seems like Game of Thrones on boats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it could be. But I mean you loved Game of Throne.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I did, and I never thought i'd get there. I was not much into that fantasy type of stuff.
Speaker 3: You watched it years after it was a thing. Did because it was popular, I know, because you're a contrarian and you won't watch it if everybody else likes it, which just really you miss out on the good stuff.
Speaker 1: I know you're right. I do.
Speaker 2: I miss out on some of the good stuff. Miss out on all those big eighties movies.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And you're you'll be the better for it when you finally watch them, is all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Indiana Jones, the first one doesn't hold up to me.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the og it's so good. I'd be like saying, does what's the one with pony Boy?
Speaker 1: Outsider? It?
Speaker 3: Just like saying does Outsiders hold up?
Speaker 1: Yes? It holds the pony Boy? I didn't got your pony Boy reference. First. Their first thing today, first thing that made you laugh today is.
Speaker 3: To all the people that always said I'd never amount to anything because of my procrastination. Just you wait, that's procrastination.
Speaker 1: It's a killer. It'll kill you. Just do it. Just do it now.
Speaker 3: Some people get addicted, though, to the rush that comes along with procrastinating, and then all of a sudden, you're under the gun and you have all this stress about being so close to the deadline, and that rush is the only thing that gets them through whatever the activity is.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's stressful too.
Speaker 3: That is very, very very Apparently not for our teenage daughter.
Speaker 2: No, she will learn. Though I tried preaching to do it now method she didn't listen.
Speaker 3: I've been preaching to do it now methods since she was about six years old. She definitely doesn't listen.
Speaker 2: Doesn't sink in. Coming up, Chris's Got the Story We Love. Also, it's a good time of year to buy certain things. We'll go through that for you if you're looking to spend some money, so stick around. Trisa's Got the Story We Love. Next on Austin's eighties station what O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot Com. It's the Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station what O three point one and streaming on my iHeartRadio. App major accomplishment for Blake Shelton, something that only ten country artists have ever done. Tricia's got it for us in the Story We Love in just a moment. But before we get to that, Tricia, you know the met Gala, met gallo whatever you have?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you know how much it cost to put it on? Individual tickets? Oh? No?
Speaker 2: Uh? Individual tickets to the met Gala costs seventy five thousand dollars. Oh my god, a table starts at three hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh no, thank you.
Speaker 3: And the met Gala it was a night before last, I think Saturday night, Monday night, and it was kind of a dud from what I understand. The theme was kind of weird. A lot of big names who were supposed to go decided to skip it. I feel like it's kind of losing it shine a little bit. But the big question for me is what do they do inside? Yeah, the red carpet walking the steps is the big thing. Then what happens when they get inside?
Speaker 2: It's probably like every other get gala. It's a rubber chicken meal and a bunch of awards I guess.
Speaker 3: I don't and a bunch of people sitting in clothes that are not made to sit in that.
Speaker 1: They can't wait to get out of.
Speaker 3: They're not supposed to eat it exactly. The stories, Good morning, there's your whole studio job. Blake Shelton just celebrated his thirtieth number one hit in country music.
Speaker 2: Hey, sorry, we can't play the song on the podcast, but it's called Texas. He's got a problem in hitting this song. What do you mean because the lyric says Amarillo. All I know, George Strait said it, that's where all them xes go and all my exes live in Texas. He doesn't sing Amarillo. He sings Amarillo by morning. He doesn't mention Amarillo in that song.
Speaker 3: I think he's just talking about Texas. I think you're getting a little I'm just saying there.
Speaker 1: So there's a fullow on the song.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there is, but it's pretty catchy. He was interviewed about this song, and he's like, you know, I hear a lot of songs and and uh though, he goes, I wake up in the middle of the night with that with singing it in my head. I'd wake up in the morning singing it, so I knew I had to record it. He also said when asked about being one of only ten people to hit thirty, he said, thirty is a lot of anything, and it'd have thirty number one songs as unbelievable. He thinks the fans in the industry for their support, and he has a brand new album coming out Friday, called for recreational use only.
Speaker 2: Blake's got a good personality and a good sense of humor to go along with his singing abilities.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, is he still with Gwen Stefani.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're married.
Speaker 1: Oh they are.
Speaker 3: Mary live on a ranch in Oklahoma. I still miss him on the Voice. I kind of tune in and out of the Voice now, but when he was on it, I just loved it. His little bromance that he had with Adam Levian, who, by the way, Adam Venus back on the show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah season.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, I remember seeing Adam Levine in concert and I was like, I wasn't a huge Maroon five fan, but then I watched him and it was great. And that guy works his butt off on stage. Yeah, I mean, he's a showman, really good stuff. That's probably why they got so many hits. Probably so maybe so. All right, everybody knows that there's always big Memorial Day sales, right, There's always the big mattress sale from Memorial Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know the link between Memorial Day and mattresses, but it's clearly a thing.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of things throughout the month of May that are it's a really good time to buy them and share some of them with you. A lot of them fall into the Memorial Day, but they're starting the sales a little bit earlier. By the way, Memorial Weekend is the twenty fourth to the twenty sixth. Good time to buy major appliances, good time to buy mattresses.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Maybe people do their spring cleaning and they're like, the need new mattress.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Also, it's a great time, they say, to buy grills, outdoor grills and grilling gears.
Speaker 3: Getting ready for summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because a lot of the stuff is on sale, including the accessories, everything from your meat thermometer to your tongs. Right now, it's a good time to get it. They have a lot of clearance sales.
Speaker 3: Do you think the lid for a Green Egg is on sale?
Speaker 2: I'll look because I'm about ready to pull a trigger on that. Mine's been broke for about two years. Yep, just the lid and they're expensive. Yeah, wasn't it like.
Speaker 3: For the lid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it fell off and cracked, and those are ceramic, and I think everybody would benefit. I think everyone that eats my delicious barbecue should chip in a few dollars to get the dome. We'll hit up Mel and deb and your mom. How that works all the people. If they want to eat my delicious brisket, they should help.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's how that works.
Speaker 2: If you want to get outdoor furniture, that was a good time to do it, both indoor and outdoor. By the way, a lot of that stuff is going on sale, large pieces like sofas, dining sets, patio furniture. And I'll tell you this much. We bought some outdoor furniture twelve years ago, thirteen.
Speaker 3: Oh, longer than that the fuzz. Oh definitely before the fuzz, like eighteen years ago, and we spent good money on it. Yeah, and every single pen it's still in perfect condition. Outdoor furniture is expensive. Yes, the crappy stuff is expensive too. So if you're going to buy out door furniture, invest in it and get the good stuff because it will last forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we spent more than I thought we should, but I have zero regrets, right, I mean, I don't remember the name of the brand that we bought, but it's great.
Speaker 3: I don't either, but they're great.
Speaker 2: Good time to buy betting, Tricia, if you need some more duvets or comforters or whatever it is you need. I can't believe you haven't tried the bamboo sheets yet because they're cooling sheets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't have a problem with my sheets. Some were concerned with my weight to blanket stuff like that. And I did find a new a new comfort that's like a weighted comforter. Yeah, and I got my eye on it. I got to think about it for a little bit.
Speaker 2: You should do a social media media video just going through the layers of your bed of all the things, you know what, from a blank bed all the way to the end.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna call me old because I still have a top sheet. Why do people hate a top sheet?
Speaker 1: I still have a top sheet, I know.
Speaker 3: But the new of the younger generations is that the top sheet is frivolous that nobody needs it.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I feel like the top sheet is the soft barrier between you and the blankets. I don't understand how you don't have a top sheet also.
Speaker 2: Good time to buy home improvement supplies right now, tools, paint supplies, all that kind of stuff. And finally, kind of random here, fitness trackers, or it's a good time to buy any type of wearable fitness trackers, smart watches, pedometers, things like that. They're on sale this month. And I'm gonna tell you I have a Apple Watch and I freaking love it for just for the tracking of fitness.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing I ever used my Apple Watch for. But it was too much of a pain to get to just that feature. So I just bought a little thirty five dollars. One happiest can be with it.
Speaker 2: Mine syncs up with my Strava on my phone and I love it. I love after working out looking at all the information. I don't know what I'm gonna do with the information, but I like looking at it.
Speaker 1: Right So those are.
Speaker 2: Some of the things that the month of May is a good time to make those purchases.
Speaker 1: You stick around.
Speaker 2: We've got more coming up on one O three point one, Austin's eighty station.
Speaker 3: So the new Iheartup just looks better. The best feature of a car radio on the app, it's the precess super easy, and thank you for keeping it pre find out what everyone's talking about. Get the new and improved free iHeartRadio app today.
Speaker 1: Shout out to all of our air gonngers. I know you guys are out there. We appreciate it for the new listener.
Speaker 2: And air gonger is a person that raises their arm and strikes an imaginary at the very end of our care don't care jingle. It's obvious you'll hear it. Feel free to participate, no charge.
Speaker 3: All right, Sandy, here we go. Do you care or don't care? To find out what the first live sporting event ever broadcast on esp went.
Speaker 2: ESPN was Oh my gosh, yes I do care because I was an early watcher of ESPN and they had some crazy, weird stuff on there.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: This happened in nineteen seventy nine. It was a professional softball game between the Kentucky Bourbons and the Milwaukee Schlitz.
Speaker 2: They were just doing anything they could to get sporting sports on TV.
Speaker 3: But ESPN a softball game. I find that amazing that that was the first live event.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, they were brand new and they had this. Everyone else had the rights to everything else. We'll take yourself the world's strongest man. Yeah, and they're bowling. Was big milliards, was big darts, Yeah, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: When I think of schlitz though, I think of my dad. I remember being a tiny trisha and I can like, one of my core memories is a schlitz can that red or the white with the red lettering.
Speaker 1: Memories of your dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a slitz It a schlitz can, random Sandy. Do you care or don't care to find out what something is impossible to do to a possum. You cannot do this to a possum, but you can't to almost any other living creature. Uh, they're impenetrable regarding this.
Speaker 1: You peaked my interests, so yet I see what I'll know.
Speaker 3: Yes, a possum cannot be poisoned. It's impossible to poison a possum. They produce a protein that basically neutralizes any poison that enters their body, and therefore scientists are trying to use it to build a universal poison antidote.
Speaker 1: For people so they can eat anything.
Speaker 3: Eat anything. I can't kill a possum with poison.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: Do you know that's crazy? Right? That's very evolved, very evolved, very weird. Yeah, because they're not weird enough anyway.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Finally, I think this is hilarious. Care or don't care to find out what the government considered doing with condoms during the Cold War. I think this is hilarious. Yes, the government briefly considered a plan to take a bunch of extra large condoms, mark them as medium, and then air drop them into the Soviet Union to make them men think they're junk. Was smaller than American men's junk.
Speaker 2: Hilarious to me, just trying to kill any morale the Russians have.
Speaker 3: Do you know how probably effective that would have been? Do you know how in their.
Speaker 1: Heads, especially if the women got a hold of them.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I love it. I just love it that the government even thought that way.
Speaker 1: That's pretty clever, I know, pretty clever. And that is cariedn't care.