Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 3: And the man wearing Dennis Currn's old number six makes it too nothing With John Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg and Rick Dolly Wall, Now are.
Speaker 1: You gonna go on the coach at eight o'clock tonight? Sits down and let's put it in gears?
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dollie.
Speaker 3: Ten o' clocket, Downtown Vancouver, one of the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man at the controls or director. The voice of God is Derek Wan. How are you on this show, lovely friend?
Speaker 1: Oh Friday, it's the weekend's here, Donnie, the weekend's here.
Speaker 3: Well, we still got two hours to go here, Yeah, two hours. Let's get through that. There's actually quite a lot to talk about today. Let's start, as we often do, with the Abbotsford Cannucks, not the Abbtsford Cannucks, but the Canucks organization. We often start with that Abbotsford Cannucks. Tonight down in Loveland, Colorado.
Speaker 1: Loveland, Colorado, about thirty minutes out of Denver. Donnie, is you've done your research on I. I googled Loveland, Colorado this morning to get a better feel for I've never heard of Loveland, but.
Speaker 3: Anyways, well you googled Loveland first. You don't want to talk about what came up, but Loveland, Colorado.
Speaker 1: I googled Loveland, and a bunch of stuff popped up that I talk about. I bet it. Okay, listen, Donnie, I'll win by ABBSBD tonight. They're off to the Western Conference Final and they're only five wins away right now from the Calder Cup, which is the American Hockey League championship series. Manny Maholtra and his group doing a great job. Here's a stat for you, Donnie. This is what I do for you. I dig up stuff. Twelve oh to one in their last thirteen or old games for Abtersburg. That's pretty going back to the regular season. Yeah, yeah, going back twelve one. Ryan, you got a problem with that. That's the research that we do. It on the shoulder, make sure our listeners are informed. Yeah, puts us a notch above everybody everyone else. I don't hear bruff and rough talking about that. Twelve oh one. That's good.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Lecker Mackie has four points in his last two games. We'll see if that can continue today.
Speaker 1: And when you got a young kid like that, twenty year olds old, twenty years old Donny in a pressure cooker playoff series in the American League and producing like that, that bodes well for that kid.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the Canucks have signed a forward from Latvia. I know you wanted to talk about you've done your research, not on this guy. Twenty two year old forward Latvia.
Speaker 1: He's from Latvia, Donnie six three and twenty one pounds. This guy's gonna be good, Donny. You look at his size and you look at the fact that he's a power forward. You gotta love it.
Speaker 3: Enre Ravinskis Ravinscus from Lafia playing in Finland. I think he got promoted from one league to the other. But the Kata twenty one points in twenty three games with the Kata of the Finnish League. It's like there's yeah, there's something, there's something there.
Speaker 1: I would say size.
Speaker 3: He played his junior hockey in the Quebec League, in the Quebec League, but Quebec Maritimes League. Well, what's the thing that sticks out, Donny, size six'. Three you know what he can. Skate you saw the breakaway goal a couple of seconds. Ago so this is what The canucks do is you have your pro scouts all over the world looking at, players and they've identified this guy and they've signed. Them but this one could be a good. Signing henri ravinscis of.
Speaker 1: Course the question to be asked twenty two years.
Speaker 3: Old why hasn't he been picked up by AN nhl team or drafted by AN nhl team?
Speaker 1: Before or, no he wasn't. Drafted but we're going to talk to a guy Named Brendan dillon today who didn't go in The battom, draft who didn't go in THE nhl, Draft but he didn't give. Up he didn't. Quit these guys don't. Quit and because there's thirty two teams in the, League, donnie these, guys The canucks and every other, team they're not stopping looking for. Talent and here they founded In. Latvia you, know this guy could be a good player.
Speaker 3: As far As Brendan dillon Goes rich has. Mentioned we recorded an interview With Brendon dillon In pride Of, SURREY oh with The New Jersey. Devils now he's suffered with that gruesome looking neck injury first game Against carolina.
Speaker 1: In the, playoffs and he's on his road to.
Speaker 3: Recovery and one thing we didn't realize when we were talking about Getting brendan on the show, yesterday you mentioned him not being drafted nine hundred and seventy FOUR nhl games on his way to one. Thousand we'll talk to him about that and about what it's like to play with The hughes brothers oh In New. Jersey maybe he has the insights to stay tuned folks on whether or not there's you, know some thought that the three brothers may be playing together and.
Speaker 1: One way or the other One, johnny are you kids out there that don't go in The battom draft and don't go in THE nhl, draft don't give.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 1: Dawn look At Brendan dillon almost at a thousand. Games Brendan dylan was Playing surrey midget a Three Dawn he went From Surrey MIDGET a, three which is the third best team In, surrey to the whole. Team, yeah to The hope Ice breakers and Then. Seattle and there's a kid that never gave. Up but and then he had twenty two teams after. Him at the age of, nineteen he Picked. Dallas canucks were in on, that but he Picked. Dallas but never give. Up And Brendan dillon From surrey is a great example of never giving. Up so we we thank you for.
Speaker 3: That we see those highlights of nre Ravinskis, yeah now A canucks prospect from From latvia playing In finland on the big, ice and that leads.
Speaker 1: To The World Hockey. Championships canada, losing oh yesterday To denmark too. ONE i was giving up two late. Goals what? HAPPENED i was in. Shock are we gonna have a what do they call it a In? Canada? Summit you're gonna have a? Summit are we gonna have a? SUMMIT i see a lot of heat on dubas was right away When canada. Lost dubis was what do they call? It On twitter In? Canada when he's. Trending he was trending and they were ripping dubas they were ripping Port Deed, everson Former Vancouver giants coach everybody to, everybody, relaxed it's it's it's it's a world. HOTE i think it's a good.
Speaker 3: Thing, Yeah and first of, all it's it's good for hockey right spread the game throughout the, globe and not that it's not already pretty big In. Denmark but they won The Four. Nations If i'm a big law of averages, guy if they won The World Hockey championships with a by the, way a star start of the, lineup that should not have lost that. Game but does that decrease their chances of going three for three by winning a gold medal at the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty Six. Olympics that's just me, karma law of. AVERAGES i believe in. That though there's no need for a. Summit and by the, way Bull horvat got, hurt he, left he had.
Speaker 3: To go Big. Centerman, sure but what there were THREE nhl guys On. Denmark there are more AND i saw this tweet yesterday more Future hall Of famers on The canada or there was More Future hall Of famers on The canadian roster than there Was nhler's on the on The danish.
Speaker 1: Roster Nick heeler's got one of the. Goals they got the first goal for the. Yesterday guess What Nick eelers is in a few weeks maybe where uf what he's saying he's coming to? There, NO i don't start, there But Nick, eelers, boy if he Hits july, First chi, Ching chi, Ching.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about The Stanley cup final as. WELL i know you wanted to talk about THE nba, playoffs all kidding, aside but let's stick with The World championships for a. Second why Because checchia is. Out they lost their quarterfinal game To. Sweden But Philip perona had some pretty good numbers there first and foremost six, assists no, goals but six assists in the eight. Games he has three years left seven point two five Per and there's some talk around conduct nation that if The canucks are gonna indeed do What rutherford And alvin want them to, do but what they have to do picking up a top six forward that they have to trade from a position of. Strength Is Philip heronic a possible trade piece for the banker of A.
Speaker 1: Canucks first of, all there's no evidence to The canucks are Shopping. Heronic it's just people throw stuff out On, twitter, YadA, YadA. YadA BUT i will ask you, This don if they Trade, heronic, exactly who is The canuck's new right SHOT d in the first? Pair chris tnn have left and they never got a defenseman to play With hughes until they Got. Heronic The canucks did a good job of Identifying heronic bringing them, here re signing long. Term you do all, that you, do all the heavy. Lifting now all of a, sudden you're gonna cough Up eronic for what a top six? Center, okay, well who's your new top right SHOT d With. Hughes It's Tyler. Myers you know What Tyler? Myers? Victor you know he scored the other. Day now you know What myers turns in a few. Months thirty, Six don thirty. SIX a lot of miles on that guy over a thousand. Games Victor, mancini let me say this about. Him Victor manscini is great in The American. League he's never been AN nhl full time. Defenseman where did The canucks Get mancini when they got him into Trade? Hartford American Hockey league a lot of, potential but he has not been AN nhl everyday defenseman. Yet don And Will. Lander he might start in atmospher last, year next, year we don't. Know so all of a, sudden if you Trade, heronic what's your right side look? Like, well it's a lot thinner than it used.
Speaker 3: To and there's no shortage of people who will say That Elias, petterson the Young Elias petterson could move To he's a, lefty but could move to that right, side maybe in the top pairing With.
Speaker 1: Hughston just that that talks out, There, well why not Keep Ellious patterson the defenseman on the left side where he's a natural left?
Speaker 3: Shot D, well because WHAT i just, said because maybe need help on the right side If ronic was to leave via. Trade all of this leads to a Waddling Don pole quest and visit one Of victoria's favorite pumps where you can enjoy twenty, taps twenty. Screens you're home for The canucks IN. Ufc come sit and stay at the dog. Today rick all, right got her.
Speaker 1: Up ryan the waddling dog pop pole, question and here it, is should the Canuckstrate Philip peronic to acquire a top six, FOUR i think if they Move, heronic and if there's no evidence they're shopping them, anyways, way just sell this. Question i'm just Saying i'm not hearing their shopping. Them but, anyways people throw stuff out On twitter and everybody believes. It but, anyway, well you're the number one colfort for that. Stop, anyways should The knucks Straight philiperonic to acquire top six? Forward look at, This donnie close six say, no forty percent say, yes three hundred plus. Votes we just posted, it so there you. Go Don i'm not in the group to Trade. Heronic they worked hard to get a right shot d in the first, pair and now you're gonna cough them up don for a top six. PIECE i, mean who replaces? Ironic you're not getting a defenseman that.
Speaker 3: Deal as ridges that might sound to some. People three years, left seven point two five.
Speaker 1: Cap hit.
Speaker 3: Has become tradable in the NEW, nhl with the cap going up over the next several.
Speaker 1: Years each and every year we've.
Speaker 3: Gone on and on though on this show about how you. Look people, Go, okay you you want a top six? Forward what can you give? Philipro they can't give him? Up, No eli you can't give him. Up he looks so. Prominent you got to give something.
Speaker 1: Up, oh you gotta give. Something and your position of.
Speaker 3: Strength right now is probably, defense which again we go on and on about do you take a chance with the kid and you ship him? Out Elias petterson looked pretty. Good if you, know here's the, thing talk about the right, side talk about the left. Side what if you trade one of the lefties A Marcus petterson And Elias, petterson and then quinn us leaves a couple of years you left, with then well.
Speaker 1: Here's another one for. You if they trade, ronic how happy Is Quinn Hughes his favorite coach just. Walked horvat, Walked miller. Walked, well they didn't walk the. Games he likes foot. Too, yeah you, know he loves. Foot but he lost His, uh he lost his favorite coach of all Time Rick. Talckett horvat, Traded miller. Traded, well don't forget. It The besser's got one foot of the. Door he's gone in five. Weeks you're trading all his buddies and you can then you expect that it's been expect him to sign back in two. Years come, on it's more it's more.
Speaker 3: When he go't forget who else they let go a long time, Ago Chris, tanne his partner.
Speaker 1: On The biggest blunder of all, time was Letting Chris tanna go the biggest blunder of all, time, well one of the. Biggest it's up. There there's a there's a couple.
Speaker 3: More hey finalist for The Jim Gregory award announced, Today Jim, neil who's one of the last two. Years he gets the nod again as a. Finalist Kevin schveldeff of The Winnipeg, jets you know first Overall president's, trophy can understand. That and And Bill, zito, who by the, way is maybe the best.
Speaker 1: General manager to watch the puss. Box he.
Speaker 3: Is he is very very, intense Uh and what a job he has, done Grabbing Brad marshawn And Seth jones And Nate schmidt looks good for Former cannuck for The Florida, panthers and they're just on fire right. Now WHEN i look at, this you know what comes to? Mind what first of all three handsome, guys there's.
Speaker 1: That but, Secondly Patrick alvin was the finalist last. Year he was a finalist last. Year he didn't win. It, No but how quickly things? Change, Yeah RICK, tk when you Used Norris tempco The, besident there you, go Seven All stars last, year there you, go there you.
Speaker 3: Go but how quickly things can? Change as people In Jim nail are doing a populous job In. Dallas another Former cannuck.
Speaker 1: Eighty two number eight was so vital tough guy eighty, Two Stanley cup for The canuck's beautiful spring eighty. Two and he's done a fine.
Speaker 3: Job remember we worked in The detroit organization moves on to under.
Speaker 1: The dallas that's, Right, YEAH.
Speaker 3: Dtmc is it just me coming up in the eleven O'clock are you at something?
Speaker 1: Else? No pointing away.
Speaker 3: There Brandon, dillon we talked about, him the priet Of, surrey on the verge of playing one THOUSAND nhl.
Speaker 1: Games now with the New Jersey, devils he's.
Speaker 3: Going to, undrafted like we talked about, earlier he's going to join us just after eleven. O'clock as we talked About Big, rye The twitter guy coming up later this hour and up next from The athletic he used to work for The Florida. Panthers oh and look what they're doing AND i know he was pretty excited about.
Speaker 1: It and you know when they got Better florida when he, Left oh, yes when he.
Speaker 3: Left Thomas drants from The athletic joins Us Next Donnie dolly the team On Check donnie And.
Speaker 5: Dolly the team is supported By abelauntions dot CA. A closing Your business we can.
Speaker 3: Help Able auctions specializes in Helping British columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a, timely orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial, equipment retail inventories or any other type of business.
Speaker 1: Assets Able auctions can.
Speaker 3: Help for a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets, Sold please email sales at Able auctions dot. Ca that's sales At Abla auctions dot.
Speaker 1: Caa The Mayside resort is a boutique luxury resort like no. Other nestled on the bluff above Beautiful Parksville, beach this beautiful ocean front property prides themselves on offering a uncompromising fusion Of West coast authenticity and bespoke. Luxury their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are, indulged the setting is, Gorgeous the memories last a life. Time whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness, center indoor outdoor, pool oceanfront, restaurant loud high speed internet, access or the perfect place for your next corporate, event The bayside Ocean Front resort the perfect choice any.
Speaker 4: Time of the.
Speaker 1: Year it's called two five, zero two four eight, eight triple three and. Buck your stay Today.
Speaker 3: Friday and all today's, guest Including Thomas, drant standing by brought to you by The bayside Ocean Front. Resort looking for a midweek escape close to. HOME vc residents save fifteen percent on weekday stays at The bayside At. Parksville relaxed by the, ocean enjoy great donning and unwined with island, hospitality great, Golf neil button your, box Oh Rick book now At Bayside, Resort parksville dot. Com Thomas drants joins us now from The, athletic as he usually does on A. Friday, thomas thanks for doing, this.
Speaker 1: Sir how are, you?
Speaker 6: Gentlemen i'm doing. Well how are you? Guys very?
Speaker 3: Well you worked for The Florida panthers for a significant amount of. Time we, saw we see what they've been up, to not just last, night but over the last several. Years rick says they got better when you. Left oh is that?
Speaker 1: True, yeah, yeah one hundred percent, percent one hundred and. Fifty not.
Speaker 7: IMMEDIATELY i wouldn't say that my departure was that was the key driver of.
Speaker 1: THIS i think it. WAS i think it WAS i talked to something, WELL i.
Speaker 7: WOULD i would refer to the twenty nineteen twenty, season Then, rick go check that, out go see how much The panthers improved in my first year away from the. CLUB i, Look Bill ziito's done a phenomenal. Job he came in two years AFTER i, left so THAT i think has been the key change for that, organization you, know the look a pr guye. Change they certainly upgraded in that. Area but BUT i don't know THAT i was the. Driver, no you know WHAT i actually. THINK i actually think one thing that's under discussed when we look at and talk about The, panthers and there's been a lot.
Speaker 6: Of bold moves that they've made that have hit you.
Speaker 7: KNOW i Think Bill zedo, especially you, know for, EXAMPLE i think moving on From Andrew. Burnett after they broke through and won The President's trophy but sort of fell short in the. Playoffs they still went around like they won The President's trophy and won around In burnett's sort of first, year and they still thought they could do better and Hired paul, Mcgrae and that was a widely panned decision By panthers management that's obviously paid massive. Dividends you, Know Sam reinhart Wasn't Sam reinhart when they dealt. Him they dealt the NHL's what third leading, scorer plus another top pair quality defenseman For Matthew. Kchuck that wasn't a tappen to improve that team. Necessarily but obviously we've seen the Return Sam bennett for two, seconds massive.
Speaker 6: Steel but for, me, honestly, GENTLEMEN i think the roof of This.
Speaker 7: Panthers glow up have to be traced to the fall of twenty, twenty which was The you remember the fall of twenty twenty was when free Agency day was on Like october, Thirteenth and one edge that The panthers had that other teams didn't, was you, know their, Owner Vinnie. Viola it was in a business that actually benefited from some of the market insecurity that sort of hit during the, pandemic and where every other, team including The, canucks was sort of tightening belt. Straps The panthers were out there Signing Anthony deuclair to a one year or two year, deal you, know at a million dollars In carter verhegy On a on a cheap flyer deal And Alexander wenberg on a cheap flyer, deal and other teams were sending money in money out to even make waiver. Claims you remember The canucks claimed that next, season The canucks Claimed Travis boyd And Jimmy, becy but first they had to Trade Jordy benn at the, deadline, right like money and money out for everyone. Else The panthers they were just like no jolseph on waiver, Sure Gustav porzling on waiver. Sure they played with, volume and they had resources that just weren't available to other, teams plus the cap space to utilize those, resources partly as a result of The Vincent trocheck, Trade so you, know that was a huge. Swerve they were able to zag when everyone else zig budget wise during the, pandemic AND i think that really set them up to have a huge volume of. TALENT i, mean not only can you draw a direct line from some of those moves to you, know guys on the roster Like Evan rodriguez And Gustav borsling And Carter, verhegi all key, contributors but also you, KNOW i just think it sort of deepened a lineup that had elite talent at the top In Barkovnec Laden, company but sort of lacked that that depth, continuity Which Bill ziito's obviously done a tremendous job filling out and then upgrading over the. Years so for, me, ANYWAY i think that's the under discussed edge that The panthers were able to sort of ride to what's become know a five five years of relative dominance in the in this.
Speaker 1: League, Hey, thomas pro and scouting meetings for The, canucks a lot of seats are gonna be planned planted about what happens in the next five six. Weeks all this talk about getting a top six. Center here's the, Thing, thomas there's a ton of teams looking for the same. Thing how are they going to get a top two? Center it's gonna be, expensive and teams that have. It they not necessarily want to Give vancouver, One, like how are they gonna go about?
Speaker 7: This not, easily but you know they're gonna have to be extraordinarily. Creative they're gonna have to be dexterous on the trade, market you, KNOW i, think whether it's in free agency or on the trade.
Speaker 6: MARKET i, mean they're gonna have to make a.
Speaker 7: Bat they're probably gonna have to swing the bat on a guy that the day he's, acquired we don't necessarily look at him as a second line, center, which again coming back to The Sam bennett. Analogy you, know he wasn't looked at as a as a no doubt hard knows playoff performing in line center the day that The Florida panthers acquired, Him but that's what he's. Become you, know you can go back through Recent cup winners and find a litany of players that match this. Description William carlson was a cast off from The Columbus Blue jackets when he blew up for The Vegas Golden, knights and obviously they won A cup in twenty twenty. Three so you, know hockey history is littered with these types of. Players they're not easy to find it's not a predictable sort of bucket to be shopping in, ponds to be fishing, in as it. Were but that's sort of where The canucks are likely to find. THEMSELVES i think they're gonna have to swing the, Bat they're going to have to take a, Chance they're gonna have to lean on their pro scouts to find some, value and that's going to be the path forward.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 7: NOW i will, say as much as we've been obsessed with the idea of a top two line, center and we're taking our marching orders and discussing that directly From Jim rutherford and The canucks, themselves you, know as much as that's a clear and pressing need for this, TEAM i also think you know and you can go reap my latest step the Athletic comparing The canucks roster to those of the final four teams in The conference final right, NOW i would argue to, you, gentlemen that the biggest need is not necessarily a second line, center although it's a tremendous.
Speaker 6: One it's just an elite. Forward like they need an elite. Forward they are an elite forward.
Speaker 7: Short when you measure them up or stack up what they've got Against dallas And carolina And florida And, edmonton and those are the teams you're going. THROUGH i, mean as much as we like to talk about parody and on and, on eleven of the last sixteen conference final berths are represented over the last four years by these four, teams, Right, like they're all here, Again they've all been here since twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Three dallas has been in three, Consecutive.
Speaker 7: Edmonton three of, Four Florida panthers three of the last. Three, like it's really hard to break into this tier of, teams you, know as much as we think that anything can happen in the, playoffs like the best teams are here again and again and, again and to sort of get to that level to catch those, teams it's going to require a. Lot AND i think the number one thing this team needs is a game breaking elite, forward like another forward who can be What peterson can be at his. Best so in addition to The petterson bounce, BACK i think you're talking about another elite, forward and then you're talking about another first line caliber.
Speaker 6: Forward those are sort of the three key legs of this, parlay as it.
Speaker 7: Were if The canucks are going to get back to contending credibly next. SEASON a lot of work cut out For Jim rutherford And Patrick. Alvin they don't necessarily have the cap space or the assets to go out and land those. Players so it's going to require a herculean effort from those From Canucks brass and their pro scouting staff over the course of the.
Speaker 1: Summer but what would you cough up the first round? Pick La, karamaki a Will, LANDER A, HERONIC A garland A. Dempco is it going to take something like that to get this? Done?
Speaker 6: Yeah or a? Combination they're up?
Speaker 7: RIGHT i MEAN i think without, question to be totally honest with, You, Rick so to sort of go over the, LIST i know the idea of Trading heronic has been a popular one, locally, which, honestly for me watching From afar on, Vacation i'll take that as a local talking point as opposed to us just doing round fourteen on Will Elias petterson bounced back or Will Quinn hughes stay beyond this? Season, Right i'm glad we have something else more fodder to talk. About here's the thing About Philip, Eronic like, again comparing The canucks to the teams that are still in the final here or in the conference final. Here all of these teams have multiple top pair caliber defenseman like three and four top four caliber defenseman at. Least, yeah like you Trade Philip, heroonic you're down another top, pair top pair caliber.
Speaker 6: Defenseman you're gonna need to fill that.
Speaker 7: Slot like as much as we like what we've seen From Victor mancini in The Calder cup, playoffs as high as we might be On Tom, blander you know you can't expect those guys to step into the lineup and be top pair caliber defenseman the way you, know, Oh Philip peronic will be next. Season so, really you're just blowing a hole in your line up, elsewhere you. Know i'd add that you probably still need a top four caliber. Defender Maybe Elias petterson can be that. Guy Maybe mancini can be that. Guy Maybe velander can be that. Guy but that needs to happen for this team to match up with the best of the best in THE.
Speaker 6: NHL i know.
Speaker 7: That a lot of people locally are looking at This canucks defense scre and thinking that's a. Surplus that's a. Surplus they're set. There they can use that to acquire forward, help and they may have to consider going down that. Road but this defense isn't at such a point, that you, know it's not in need of further investment and sort of thoughtful. Care as this club looks to reimagine itself for the Post Ric talcket, era this defense needs at least to return A Derek forbert type or upgrade on. HIM i think if they're going to go into next season without without even considering subtracting, pieces with their sort of blue line being the strength THAT i think we're.
Speaker 6: Talking about, LOCALLY i do think we need to acknowledge.
Speaker 7: That as For Demco, garland those you, know the guys who are extension, ELIGIBLE i think if you're struggling to get their autograph on an, extension if those contract talks end up finding their wheels, spinning then, YEAH i think those are.
Speaker 6: Valuable players who, may you, know the club may.
Speaker 7: Have to take a long look at considering whether they pivot and utilize those guys to sort of improve or get, younger or get players that have term on their. Deals just given sort of the precarious spot in their team building cycle that this team finds itself. At and then as for the young. Guys you, know that first.
Speaker 6: Rounder i'm sure that's burning a hole in The canucks. Pocket Like i'm sure it.
Speaker 7: Is i'd be a little bit more surprised if they were to consider Moving Tom. BLANDER i Think Elias, petterson the young, DEFENSEMAN i think he's off the. TABLE i think there. IS i think he's as close to untouchable as it. GETS i would assume that applies To Tom blander as, well ALTHOUGH i don't know it specifically the WAY i do With Elias. Petterson and so that sort of Leaves Victor mancy acquired the in leg one of THE.
Speaker 6: Jt miller, trade the two PART. Jt miller.
Speaker 7: Trade he's had a tremendous run in The Calder cup. Playoffs if his value, spikes could the club consider?
Speaker 6: That we'll.
Speaker 7: SEE i certainly know that he has turned some heads internally with his traits and his composure over the course of This ahl playoff.
Speaker 3: Runt the key to The panthers' success is not that you, left is that you were, There thomas.
Speaker 1: Right, yes and you left your mark in that. ORGANIZATION i doubt that.
Speaker 7: TOO i would SAY i was there for a good, time AND i wish i'd gotten to work some of this. RUN i, mean this is, incredible very happy for all the folks down. There what an absolute juggernaut they've.
Speaker 3: Become, Outstanding, thomas thanks for this next week Next friday sounds.
Speaker 6: Good cheers, Boys.
Speaker 3: Thomas trans From The athletic and he alluded to. This he has an article out right, now how do The canucks stack up with the remaining FOUR nhl? Playoffs, well, Yeah i'm just GONNA i think the answer is is not all that.
Speaker 1: Well Now florida's look at the look what they throw over the boards for Checking. Donny they're a heavy. Team they wear you. Down canucks are not a heavy, team and they don't wear you.
Speaker 3: Down now at this, Point i'm, glad he, said as somebody has followed.
Speaker 1: For The canucks for for a long long. Time we threw out in the first.
Speaker 3: Segment, well maybe if they're not going to Trade Philip prona to get a top six forward or an elite forward Like thomas is talking about, that you, know maybe maybe you give Up Elias. Petterson But thomas is of the belief that he's as untouchable as they. Get AND i think anybody who has followed his team for a long time and watched this team closely this past. Season that kid's very.
Speaker 1: Good oh he's not going Anywhere i've.
Speaker 3: Been and especially when you you've got that threat Of Quinn hugh's possibly leaving in a couple of. Years as A, ufa you want to keep that guy.
Speaker 1: Around that kid's not going, anywhere all, Right UH a, break will update the pull question Next donnie and telling the team one. Check our podcast is brought to you in part by Birds Nest, Properties Lower mainlands leader in rental property, management from finding a tenant to collecting rent and property. Maintenance Birds Nest properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove. It Birds Nest properties Your vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental. Property give the folks at Birds Nest property as a call today six oh four two six to, zero double, nine double, five or Visit Birdsnest properties Dot Ca Watling doc poll. Question visit one Of victoria's favorite.
Speaker 3: Pubs we're talking To Wattling doc where you could enjoy twenty, taps twenty screens here home for the conduction IN.
Speaker 1: Ufc come sit and stay at the doc, Today Rick ryan get her up to The Wattling dog pop poll, question should The canucks Trade philipparonic to acquire top six? Forward two percent say, no in thirty eight percent say, yes six hundred and sixty six. Votes, already it's, hoping it's, popping it's not. Stopping And Philip heronic is the main focus of our poll.
Speaker 3: Question and of course the question is if they if they decide to move on from Phil Philip, heronic what does that right side of the defense look?
Speaker 1: Like it doesn't look too good Because meyers would be your top right. Shot he's turning thirty, six don he's thirty five right. Now and then you got, uh you know who do you Got? Mancini and you Got Elis petterson the? Defenseman But Elli's petterson the defenseman, left he's a. Left you can plan the right day right? Side? Well, Wellander, wellander we don't know where he's gonna fit in next. Year that's another piece.
Speaker 3: The canucks from moving on or he's moving on from The. Caducks Derek, forbard HAVE i got that?
Speaker 1: Right? YEAH i just Checked besser and four bird will not be surprised ON i surprise you with THAT i will not be surprised at both Hit july. First canucks have shown interest in trying to get forberd. Back but What i'm hearing right, now as of, now he most likely will probably hit the market if they lose forward on what do they? Lose? Size and a great penalty.
Speaker 3: Killer but he got better as the season went on after a tough start.
Speaker 1: Personally and what Did Daniel brere say the day That Rick talcket was. Hired he's getting calls from agents, saying, hey my guy wants to come To philadelphia Because Rick tocket's. There you. Know so there's a lot of people that have reached out to The. Flyers i'm not saying he's one of, them But i'm.
Speaker 3: Just, saying we're great news for The. Canucks, hey you'd be just it's got off the hockey for one. Second here you had some information about The Bacie lions and what's Happening snoop dog Wise june, seventh.
Speaker 1: That's, right it looks, like, uh they've hit fifty. THOUSAND i got to give the Owner ryan a fifty thousand Tickets ryan. JUMPING i have been told that they're nearing the fifties seconds ago this guy roar report winner lines are fifty thousand for the opener in three. Weeks not Only Bob buker seats. Left what does that mean up high up hie, Yeah Bob buker no? Respect or is That rodney? Dangerfield that's Danger, Anyways the point is they're closing in on fifty, Thousand donny with three weeks to. GO i got to give the owner, Credit LIKE I i don't like these. Acts i'm not a hip hop rap, guy but apparently people, are and they're buying tickets at a rapid. Pace when The lions crosses a lot of lines like he's not for, me not for me actor you KNOW tv personality rapper that The. Lions, uh The lions just announced the reason we're bringing.
Speaker 8: This up As dolly was done so well at explaining The lions moments ago announced two. Things they've released production holed midfield seats and also on ha tasticol guy tell production production all means they've held that they've held them either for snoops team or due to the stage. Whatever so now they've nailed all that stuff, down they might be they might have already moved into or, no maybe not it's probably little early because they moved INTO bc. Place probably not, no but so that now has been nailed down so that it usually happens with concerts where once they load into the building they kind of know the layer of the land and then they can release extra.
Speaker 1: Tickets but the other one behind the. Stage yeah or, yeah.
Speaker 3: EXACTLY i didn't know there was a name for those, things production.
Speaker 8: Holds it's what the kids Call i'm in with the lingo the other, one cool, guy the other, one and this is really.
Speaker 1: COOL i give the line the lines did this last year for fifty cent as.
Speaker 8: Well on field, passes so you can actually be on the field up close to the, concert to the stage if you.
Speaker 1: Want.
Speaker 8: Uh those tickets are now on sale as. Well on field passes are one hundred and four dollars per, person giving fans the best experience to capture photos and videos of the concert.
Speaker 3: Kickoffs what's were talking four or five songs?
Speaker 8: Here, yeah it was like twenty, minutes twenty five, Minutes so whatever you can do with.
Speaker 1: THAT i want to see you. There i'm. Going i'm, going But i'll be showing up with the. Kickoff just year. Insane last YEAR i MISSED i went for the. Kickoff i'm a Big lions. Fan but if it Was John, Cougar John, Kruger i'm. There i'm there two hours, early But i'm not going to watch this. Guy i'm not a hip hop, guy BUT i will be there at. Kickoff.
Speaker 3: Yeah good news for The lions. Two their training camp, continues by the, Way.
Speaker 1: Fan fast tomorrow up In. Kamloops.
Speaker 8: Again the fact that you're getting a guy that was a headline act That Rogers arena for full length concert one year.
Speaker 1: Ago you're getting that as far. Right so you, KNOW i can't name. You want to play a song for? Me we've PLAYED i cleaned. VERSION i don't listen to. Him I'M i just want my eighties. Rock that's. It nothing else, matters not seventies eighty seventies. Rock that's ALL i.
Speaker 3: Want but good for The Beast. Alliance fifty it works, again it. Works fifty thousand done and you know, what it's the old.
Speaker 1: Thing get people into the.
Speaker 3: Building if if if two thousand people go by THE cfl product looks pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, okay what is? This this? Is drop it like it's. Hot, Yeah Snoop.
Speaker 3: Dogg The lions players out where we're singing this when they found out the.
Speaker 1: NEWS i need. VOCALS i had. This this is nothing for. Me, well vocals we have to be careful. Of, Yeah i've got The this does nothing for. ME i don't know the. Song what is? That you know this song? SONG i don't know this. Song it would be on the, background in the background while you shop and save. On, no save on is eighties only you never heard this. THAT i don't know. This this is nothing eighties was, Playing, uh The bengals Bad. Monday NO i save On foods was playing The bengals Manic monday. YESTERDAY i loved. IT i was like An. EGYPTIAN i was in the produce, section singing away into a. Banana save On foods music is. GOOD i like. Them, no it. Sucks so you go to save on foods for the.
Speaker 8: Music so let me get the, hold let me get this. Straight you go to save on foods for the. MUSIC i. Don't but you're not gonna go to a five game for.
Speaker 1: Me WHEN i Met, SEVAN i get the luxury of hearing eighties. Music, yeah and you're gonna go to the. Bonus he's a, bonus like this is this is getting it now this doesn't do anything? Before CAN i ask you something?
Speaker 3: Though because it's a, well not that you're, paying but relatively inexpensive ticket to see a.
Speaker 1: Major Ass are you not a Bit? No but aren't you a bit? CURIOUS i missed fifty sous last. YEAR i didn't cry, once.
Speaker 3: Butck aren't you a bit curious as why people like this guy so?
Speaker 1: MUCH i like his. MOVIES i know about. HIM i know he's a big teaching. John this is. Good what is? This gin and? Juice? Juice ging? Juice gin and, juice gin and? Juice, no jing juice is something completely? Different, okay what is this called gin and? Juice? Yeah is that what you're? Putting? Gin, well you can put. Whatever you've never had a gin? Though you a gin and tonic? Guy, okay you've never had a. Dream it's, again this does nothing for. Me i'm an eighties seventies rock. Guy that's ALL i. Want That there was wrap in the, eighties come From Funky, Co funky Cole. Medina that was a good. Time that was first.
Speaker 3: Fun this is. Fun i'm. OKAY i will say tough now THOUGH i can't HANDLE i. CAN'T i Know i'm, old BUT i JUST i. Can't you're not hitping with?
Speaker 1: It oh you? Are are? You? NO i hate most of the new music today.
Speaker 8: Too JUST i will, say though it needs to be said, again And Dolly wall this is one of his good.
Speaker 1: Points he brought up that game needs to be better than it was last. Year last, Year, donny it was all saying he was, off thank, you. Captain, no BUT i sling the.
Speaker 8: BALL i don't need running plays three and outs two and out or two and out two and.
Speaker 3: Out moje has been on the show and he's told us that the offense is going to be outstanding a little more creative Under Buck.
Speaker 1: Pierce so we'll. See that's WHAT i want to, See. Donny if they get fifty thousand there and they go six two and out with this first six, possessions they're all. Gone last, year with fifty guys behind, me they. Left, yeah you can't have six two and. Out you weren't. There, NO i was there the game the. Game, yeah but IF.
Speaker 3: I just, SEE i don't. Look you have to capture. THIS i understand. That but if you don't understand it's even a casual sports fan that sometimes things don't work out for your, team then, okay shouldn't be in the in the first, place even or.
Speaker 8: Stooped, okay so what if you bought a ticket last, year, right and that's what you, saw and so then you, Go, MAN i really Like Snoop. DOGG i gonna go this year and the same thing happens again this. Year that's a BAD i, mean then you're gonna be like you saw.
Speaker 3: Happened, judge you judged the whole product on two series first, quarter on the whole first, quarter even one.
Speaker 1: Quarter i'm, SORRY i DON'T i don't buy.
Speaker 3: IT i KNOW i might as well be speaking to a, wall because you're not Gonna you're not gonna turn those people, around not gonna turn their opinions.
Speaker 1: Run you don't agree with, me, no because we talked about, It. Tony we you, know we've talked about especially with teams.
Speaker 8: In that building when they've had a big marquee, event messy game aside what's happened for whatever, reason it's been a flat.
Speaker 1: Except in the eight when The lions came. Through all the, time.
Speaker 8: Early recent, history they've had games that have just And fartinan's brought this up, too that it's just like it's a massive.
Speaker 1: Downer, yeah and SO i GET i get, that but easier said than.
Speaker 3: Done BUT I i know just the way that my mind set is That, HEY i get, This, yeah but.
Speaker 1: It can't take a.
Speaker 8: While, again you roll up to a, park slow pitch, game you watch, it so, yeah and THEN i get.
Speaker 1: Arrested they better have a good first quarter or they're gonna lose everybody in the first. Quarter guaranteed ticket to the BANK. A you're putting too much pressure on them that they. Better last year was. Horrible The leafs were pounding the pressure into The lions here with at least how the big press conference going on right now with your Pal. Keith they better meet pressure with. Pressure maybe The lions.
Speaker 8: Should adopt, that Sad Buck, pierce can he take those? Slogans, yeah they're still at the Wallet Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Arena can brace the, heart embrace the, heart meat pressure with pressure in that first, quarter peel them off the wall At Rodgers. Arena they're still. There it'd be. Cheeky, yeah they'd get a lot of a lot of attention for. That, yeah that's the best thing you've come up. With that's, AMAZING a lot better Than, hey they better play well after. Steal, yeah thank you abel a title.
Speaker 3: Sponsor Able Auctions may twenty. Eighth Able auctions will sell court seas and impounded, vehicles one of them belonging To Dolly wall at one, POINT.
Speaker 1: A ferrari six Twelve Porsche kaima apparently It's. KAIMEN i love these. Cars at the bottom left is. Beautiful the color too, beautiful but black the bottom, LEFT i, said and look it's it's beautifully washed bottom left like it just went through the. SuDS which car are you talking about? HERE i, said bottom? Left so not the red. One the look The porsche the bottom left is Beautiful corvette Sting. Ray that would be the red Slash, burgen The burgundies Slash BURGUNDI.
Speaker 3: A sixty Nine CAMARO Ss she's a sweet, ride and dozens more also, seedews, ATVs motorbikes and a lot. More all court seas are impounded and all must be sold to the highest. Bidder for information on this court seizure and impound, auction go To ableauctions DOT CA a that's a b L E auctions DOT. C closing your business email sales At ableauctions DOT. C A Brandon dill on top of the, Hour big Ryde, X Donnie, dolly the team on. Check love the crack of a baseball bat or the smell of hot. Dogs The Vancouver canadians have you.
Speaker 1: Covered come enjoy A vancouver summer tradition with three foot hot, dogs sushi, races fireworks and blue j, prospects all at the Iconic Rogers field and Not Bailey.
Speaker 3: Stadium Visit Canadians baseball dot com to get your tickets in details on all the summer fun The seas have to.
Speaker 1: Offer That's Canadians baseball dot. Com come for the fun and stay for the. Baseball just before.
Speaker 3: We get To Big rye The twitter, guy and watch this submission in the F Lanies okay tire In langley inbox AND i found.
Speaker 1: It i'm With, rick this is.
Speaker 3: Unsigned The lions game is going to be another four to twenty. Event bring On David Lee, Roth Judas, Priest Motley crue or a Good canadian band Like Lover.
Speaker 1: Boys those text. Folks we want to give you. CREDIT i know you like that, Submission David Lee. Roth everybody Loves David Lee. Roth But Ryan California, Girls Van, Halen, panamava don't john him credit For California. Girls still it was a, cover but he was done. Well the cover's got to be done. Well he's touring right. Now David Lee roth has a different. LOOK i think he's seventy seventy. FIVE i Think i'm gonna go at the very least pushing. Seventy David Lee roth was phenomenal in the. Eighties but oh, No, Ryan David Lee roth's, HORRIBLE i, will says Van.
Speaker 3: HALEN i don't THINK i, know with all due respect For Sammy, hagar not the.
Speaker 1: SAME i quit After david. LEFT i would not listen With David After David Lee roth, LEFT i would not listen To sammy seventy years. Old, yeah seventy years. Old and keep keep. Going David Lee, roth you are the, Best, Okay so don't love the two things. TOGETHER i love Van. HALEN i wore My eddy Van halen shirt. Yesterday eddie Van halen argued me the best guitar player. EVER i love Van. Halen David Lee roth is a solo art. Artist not so. Good California girl is so soft and. Awful matt cover and, yeah terrible and yet was a big hit well in the, video massive. Hit the video was.
Speaker 8: Great the video was Got Little RICKY i bet was, excited But Little ricky would love The California girls.
Speaker 1: Video just a jigglo oh great song great also COVER I? Believe Oh, okay.
Speaker 8: Can we get the big on The Twitter. Guy brought to you By Surrey Mitsubishi may Is Outlander outlander plug In hybrid Electric vehicle days At Surrey mitsubishi all month, long save up to eighty five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive. Suv The outlander plug In hybrid is whisper, quiet fuel efficient and can fit seven passengers in three rows of. Seating get a massive eighty five hundred. Savings that's eighty five hundred in. Savings happening Until may the thirty first on The outliner plug At hybrid At Surrey. Mitsubi she checked them out in store one three eight two zero one.
Speaker 1: To Fourth avenue In.
Speaker 8: Surrey first of, all some news Involving check and The Victoria Harborcats check announcing, yesterday much like they did with The Victoria royals earlier or this PAST whl. Season there we, Go there we, Go harborcats in thirty is what's happening with on?
Speaker 1: Check after every home?
Speaker 8: Game check will air at ten THIRTY pm highlight package involving The Victoria harborcats.
Speaker 1: Game so shout out to. Check The harborcats.
Speaker 8: Home opener is coming, up by the, way it's happening On june the sixth for The. Harborcats so check, out check And harborcats in thirty coming to check and The check plus.
Speaker 1: App just wanted to get. That did they? Play And langford helped me out.
Speaker 3: Here, yeah Let Park that's where they, played which is where The lions played last year last.
Speaker 4: Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it's a great. Facility, yeah the scenes look pretty good for The lions last. Weekend it's On. Langford definitely smaller, crowd but it looked. Yeah, yeah seats weren't.
Speaker 8: There speaking of, baseball, guys we have to talk about what is happening with The Colorado.
Speaker 1: Rockies, okay you love this. Story this is like your Third Colorado rockies. Story we haven't talked about it on the. Show i've talked about it.
Speaker 3: OFF i oftentimes have a problem figuring out what we talk about on the air and off the.
Speaker 1: Air you're thinking off the.
Speaker 8: Air, okay The Colorado rockies are eight and forty. Two, wow it's the worst fifty game start since, then eighteen ninety, Five Louisville colonels went.
Speaker 1: Seven you THOUGHT i screwed it. Out it Is, Colonels. Colonels do you know that it looks Like colonels something like, That BUT i didn't, Know so you THINK i know a team from nineteen. Eighteen it is a weird speller.
Speaker 8: Spelling so they went seven and forty, three The rockies eight and forty two eighteen ninety. Five by the, Way taylor covered The Louisville Courtel when mckechy some, Bed he's like the every single time, Mckeech, Hey, john if you're out, There john, McKinsey we're starting one hundred and thirty. Years The rockies are on pace right now to lose one hundred and thirty six, games which would pass the eighteen ninety Nine Cleveland. Spiders taylor also covers. Them he moved on from The Louisville colonels to cover The Cleveland. Spiders they went twenty and one thirty. Four can the most losses by an Mlbteam.
Speaker 3: Louisville Colonels Cleveland, spiders which The guardians, considered by the, way that would have been way. Better what great names from back in the day falls under the same category as as. This why is it the old school uniforms in THE nhl all?
Speaker 1: Sports why are they so much better than the new? Stuff, yeah But louisville colonels despite the Way Dolly wall thinks it might be.
Speaker 3: Pronounced, well hey, awesome and maybe he could spiders colonels colonels popcorn could sponsor them.
Speaker 1: As a different twist. SPELLED i. Know but that's when they kept your.
Speaker 8: Colonel but you have him on, board, dude but they have to throw out the first.
Speaker 1: Pitch, yeah, no, kid a little difficult now he would have been a lie back. Then hey, Listen, uh The White talks were this bad. One, no, no there, THERE i. BELIEVE i don't have it in front of. Me we just had last. Year THE i, KNOW i.
Speaker 8: Know but right now The rockies are on pace to lose ten to. Fifteen they've already fired the. Manager, yeah it's it's and uh they start a series The rockies do against The yankees, tonight so good luck with the with. THAT i Saw Tim kirchin the other, day THE espn LONGTIME ESPN mmb. Analyst he was talking about how you know he takes No joy in. This you, know, people it's a, punchline especially for non baseball. Fans you, know you you look at. It but he, goes this is this is really bad for baseball having a team this awful.
Speaker 1: And he was going to be one but, yeah.
Speaker 3: Awful and when you're going back to the eighteen, hundreds, yes for, comparison that's pretty.
Speaker 8: Bad AND i heard Ad Nan verk talking With rough And rough the other day and he was bringing, up how you, know.
Speaker 1: What does it do for the overall? Brand like you could be bad.
Speaker 8: FANS i think understand it if a team goes through a bad, period but when you're this bad your brand that takes a lot that that that's a Bad your.
Speaker 1: Takes today are just absolutely. Hard that's a.
Speaker 3: If you're really if you, lose if you're historically, bad get it out for your band, brand right?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay also The lions need to get off to a good start after They No dog.
Speaker 1: Concert but, again.
Speaker 8: Though there's bad and there's like this is this is LIKE i, mean this is like.
Speaker 1: This is like bad for their? Brand, yeah of course.
Speaker 8: This is, honestly like should they be in the LEAST i should they be in THE? MLB i wonder if i'd like.
Speaker 1: To IF i was probably want to go see, them just how bad they. Are use it as a.
Speaker 8: Marketing but again, though like that's What kirchen was, saying it's not it shouldn't be a, punchline like becomes a joke at that.
Speaker 3: Point look at The you see every comedian who's in The new they always The mets have been a punchline for, years but they've never.
Speaker 1: Been like, this literally a punch like.
Speaker 8: This is like we're talking one hundred and thirty, years but the same.
Speaker 1: Age as You. Ryan The Bad News bearers were bad and then look what? Happened they went to The. Aster that was a, movie, right but they went to The. Asterrodom you don't win forever and you don't lose, forever, right come, on hold on, again hold, ON i take it. Back your takes him an excellent, Today Well Bad News Bears Walter, Mathow, yeah, great real look what they look at the losing they? Did what? Happened?
Speaker 8: Right it was A it was a movie, though that's the Only walter math was, like movies are made from reality and that was the.
Speaker 9: Real, Sure, Okay Star, WARS i think you're thinking that actually.
Speaker 1: Happened it was a great. MOVIE i think you've been hanging out with stoop. Talk oh the cheech and chunk stuff, like you, know for people that could plain they think The canucks are. Bad this IS i mean eight eight. Wins you have To Washington capitals finished within their first. Year Ken City scouts they were horrible when they first came. In, yeah but like first fifty, games you're not in. Double Washington capitols won eight GAMES i think in their first. Year, yeah, total, total Totally, Washington, Okay, Ryan Ken City scouts were. Horrible California Golden seals were. Horrible The washington this is in something new.
Speaker 3: Riot Washington capitals with white pants by the, way right, there eight wins in eighty, games that was, it eight sixty seven and.
Speaker 1: Five there you, go, right that was their first.
Speaker 8: Year but, again though we're talking a movie about it, starting we're talking double the, games one hundred and sixty two, games and this team is on pace to win twenty. GAMES i, mean, now then, again if you double That capitals they're about the same.
Speaker 1: Too Eight, Kissey, yeah my, god you can't put anything past.
Speaker 8: Me Dolly will still trying to figure out how this Is Colonel's, well, okay eighteen ninety, five you THINK i know that a team from Eighteen.
Speaker 1: No it's Still taylor mcgeche. Do it's still it's still spelt that. Way i'm gonna text, mkkeechee.
Speaker 3: What is the root of that curling by the, Way Colonel, YEAH i don't know's?
Speaker 8: Yeah you know, What, hey it is a bit of a dry. Time maybe we should start going down the origin of.
Speaker 1: Names, Yeah i'm gonna text mkeechee about that team.
Speaker 8: Coming up next to me chat With pride Of SURREY, Bc New Jersey devils Defenseman Brendan, dylan one of our.
Speaker 1: Favorites he joined you guys next to catch up on the. Program It's Donny dolly the TEAM I.
Speaker 3: Check hey, everyone It's donnie And dolly and we're looking to partner with your.
Speaker 1: Company we have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word out your company on the, show in our, podcast and on social.
Speaker 3: Media we'd love to get involved with your company called two five oh, eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at checkmedia dot.
Speaker 1: C friday and.
Speaker 3: All today's, guests Including Brandon dylon of The Jersey devil standing by brought to you by The Bayside Ocean Front. Resort looking for a midweek escape close to. HOME vc residents say fifteen percent on weekday stays at The bayside In. Parksville relaxed by the, ocean enjoy great dining and unwined with island. Hospitality book now At Bayside, Resort parksville dot. Com join now By New Jersey devil's, defenseman The pride Of. Surrey, Yes Rick Brandon dylan a coming off his first season In New. Jersey canucks were interested in, him weren't?
Speaker 1: They? Oh, absolutely they made a. Mistake they should Have they should have signed him Dot brandon did ellen joining us? Now? Brandon thanks for doing, this. Sir how are?
Speaker 4: You i'm doing. Great i'm doing, great, Guys thanks for having.
Speaker 3: Me as, Always i'm looking at your HOCKEY dB. Page brandon undrafted nine hundred and seventy FOUR nhl. Games can you put it in, words just how proud you are of being so close to one THOUSAND nhl?
Speaker 4: Games it's it's.
Speaker 10: Funny it's, Funny, Donnie LIKE i look back AND i was just hoping for one one, game you, know a couple of years, ago and even BEFORE i got into The Western league and got into pro. HOCKEY i, Mean i'm just so so so, lucky fortunate and grateful.
Speaker 4: To do WHAT i.
Speaker 10: Do it's when you go through the grind of a hockey, season it kind of gets lost in, it you, know in the Tough december Through february stretch where you know you're you, know tons of games a short period of, time bodies all banged, up all that. Stuff to kind of look back and step, BACK i guess would be the right word from the game and cee, geez how fun it, is how amazing it. Is you, know it just never feels like a job for. Me and, yeah when you say, that nine hundred and seventy four, games it flies, by, Though i'm sure every guy tells.
Speaker 3: You anytime we hear a story like this and we have a guest with a story like yours on our, show we always ask him this, Question, brandon do you have any message out there for kids who were passed over in THE whl draft or THE nhl?
Speaker 10: Draft, WELL i think for, myself Just i'm living proof that you don't need to, be you, know drafted in any of those wasn't drafted in The Western, league wasn't drafted in THE. Nhl, ultimately just you, know you keep working at, something you're going to get rewarded at. It AND i, was you, know early, ON i wasn't the biggest, KID i wasn't the fastest. Kid and you, KNOW i had an unbelievable support staff my, parents you, know friends and, family everyone and was so helpful with, everything whether it was driving me to this, place or taking me To HOPE, bc or putting me in that you, Know burnaby Eight rinks summer, program whatever it was to to you, know help me get. BETTER i was so fortunate to have such a great sport. Staff SO i think just, ultimately if you love something and you want to, do whether that's, hockey, soccer, baseball whatever it. Is if you just if you love, something you're going to want to get better at. It you're going to want to work hard at. It AND i was just again very, fortunate lucky to do WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Do, Hey, brendan you talked to earlier about your body getting banged. Up scary looking injury for you game one of the playoffs Against. Carolina believe it was a neck. Injury what can you tell people about your health right?
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah I'm i'm on the road to.
Speaker 10: Recovery you, KNOW i had to have a minor procedure done a couple of days. Ago you, know it took a while to kind of just talk to all the different. People and we're very fortunate and The New Jersey devils organization as a whole has been unbelievable through this whole. Process and they had their hands full With jack And luke and myself and a bunch of us getting all banged. Up and, Yeah game one Against carolina was not not not nice to The, devils, no losing a few of us on the back. End but, yeah all in, All i'm On i'm on the road to recovery. HERE i feel great, already AND i think for for timelines and, Stuff i'm definitely gonna be ready to rock and roll for For game one next, year for training camp and all that sort of. Thing so just you, know, hockey you forget that year playing a fully physical. Sport you're skating onto you, know butter, knife and there's all these different injuries that can happen from. It so but you, just, yeah it's a crazy. Game you gotta deal with injuries And i'll be, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brendon we kind of noticed how great the atmosphere is In Dallas stars playoff games you, played you started your career In. Dallas what kind of hockey town is was it when you were? There and, look it's pretty well evolved into a pretty good hockey.
Speaker 10: Place unbelievable hockey. Place you, Know i'm still really close with With Jamie ben there there captain and the guy that's been there for you, know kind of when he got, there they hadn't made playoffs a few years in a. Row AND i was fortunate to be on the team in twenty fourteen that that had made the playoffs after however many, years and we ended up losing an him in the first. Round but to see that barn rock and you, know it's such a sports. Town you of course are competing with The cowboys and The Texas rangers and The mavericks and you, know all those teams.
Speaker 4: At one point or another have been.
Speaker 10: Elite AND i think for The stars they won The cup back in ninety, nine but just looking at some of the players they've had roll through and it's it's kind of kind of crazy to think back to WHEN i was, there you, know twelve thirteen years. Ago but it's it's a great place to play. Hockey it's a great place to be A dallas. Star you, know you get treated really well in that. Organization and you, KNOW i had That pete the, board the head coach there for for five years In San, jose And i'm definitely not shocked at the success they've been. Having and of course the team on the ice, there there's they've been to the conference FINAL i think a couple of, years three or three out of the last, four or two out of last, three whatever it, is and seem to be.
Speaker 4: Trending.
Speaker 1: Well, hey speaking Of San, jose those teams were. Good you guys went deep in the. Playoffs tell us a little bit about what it takes to go deep in the, Playoffs. Brandon you see these, guys the injuries they play. With you see how tough the regular, season the grind. Is, boy when that team wins a, cup they've had an outstanding, year but it, boys it hard winning that final. Round, oh you.
Speaker 10: Need so so many things to go, RIGHT i, feel you, Know I've i've been, Fortunately i've been to The cup final lost in twenty, Sixteen i've been to two conference, finals you.
Speaker 4: Know The.
Speaker 10: SHARKS i feel like for me it was just you almost take for you don't take for.
Speaker 4: Granted but looking.
Speaker 10: Back and you, KNOW i haven't been to a cup final, yet you, know since and that's nine years ago, Now so you, know to have the right mix of, players to have injuries not happening throught your lineup to you, know the coach that aligns with the makeup of your team and your, goaltender to be feeling it special, teams to be clicking at the. Rate there's just so many different things THAT i feel have to be going right for your. Team and even some of, these like you look at some of the first round matchups that went, on you, know A Colorado, dallas you could argue that's a that's a conference final match up right, there you, Know Florida. TORONTO i mean it's there's there's just so, many so many good matchups that are going. On and for myself to you, know the experience That i've had is just if it's a war of, attrition it really. Is and if you can get through the first round or two with with no injuries and you, know with enough rest to you, know whether that's winning it in four or five games or even.
Speaker 4: Six but.
Speaker 10: It just helps so much at the. End AND i think we've all heard, That Paul. Maurice you, know it doesn't matter right now in games one or, two but we keep, hitting we keep for, checking we keep wearing them. Down by game six and, seven you're you're feeling for.
Speaker 3: Sure talking With Brandon, Dyllan, brendan you talked about these two gentlemen. Earlier we have a pretty good idea of what their brother is. Like what is it like to play With jack And Luke.
Speaker 10: Hughes, YEAH i they're they're fantastic hockey. Players actually got to Meet quinn he was out this year after the. Playoffs he was he was kind of watching some watching our playoffs and visiting with his brothers at the end of the year before going back To. Michigan and you, know all three of them just, great great. People you, KNOW i think For luke And, jack they're getting to see them on the daily and how they are and how they've you, know you forget sometimes that they're early twenty three and twenty. One you, know they feel Like Jack hughes has been in the league already for five ten, years.
Speaker 4: And, yeah they're they're, elite elite.
Speaker 10: Players jack is just so deceptive the way that he can just find his way out of out of any, play doesn't matter how much pressure on. Him always seems to make the right, play you, know in the offensive. Zone and that guy that's that seems to be wide. OPEN i, mean our power PLAY i think finished top three or four in the league this. Year and you, know you combine him with The Jasper brats of the, world and you know they're they're going to be having some. Success and then On, luke you, KNOW I i got to Know luke and and and had a great relationship with, him especially in the back. End you, know there's only five or six of us back there seeing each other every day and practicing and seeing just his.
Speaker 4: ELY i, mean he's a.
Speaker 10: Horse you, know he's a couple of inches bigger than than Then quinn And. Jack he's he's just he's he's got so much room to grow into himself that you, know his skating ability and he's got a great. Stick you, know, really this guy is the LIMITED i feel like for him and to have his his older brothers And jack And quinn that to talk to and just skate with in the, summers and there's there's there's so much for for him to to uh to learn, from and he's already well on his way to being an elite, defenseman that's for.
Speaker 3: Sure when When quinn was there with his, brothers did he happen to pop into The devil's front, Office bunny.
Speaker 10: CHANCE i didn't see. HIM i didn't see him through. There and, YEAH i don't want to be accused of any tampering. HIM i, mean obviously i'd love To i'd love to have him on the back end, here but that's A tom fitz drill And Jim rutherford.
Speaker 3: Questions we're not going to try to get you in. Trouble, hey you signed that three year, Deal. Brandon did we heard a lot of. Talk did you come close to signing with with with The?
Speaker 1: Canucks, yeah it.
Speaker 10: Was it's it's a weird process free, agency you, know when you talk to, players and especially for, me it was my first time going through that whole. Thing and you, KNOW, i of course spend time In vancouver in the summers and you, Know i'm around around a lot of The canucks. Guys just when skates get there towards the end Of, august and it's just it's it's, funny right, like at certain points you almost feel like you're you're you, know you, know, yeah you're skating with The canucks. Guys everyone's out here Wearing canucks. Stuff it's kind of, like, oh, yeah we're Doing canucks drills and you, Know, Yogi yogi's running the skates and you, know you're kind of, Like, okay this is a pretty good. Routine and then you know the business stuff of it when it comes right Around july. First you, KNOW i was very fortunate last summer when WHEN i was a free agent to to talk to as many teams AS i, did and you, know it's a very it's it's an awesome process when you're able to you, know it's like the first time in your career you heard, that you're hearing that you're like a good, player and you, know like these guys all like you and you know you, yeah you're.
Speaker 4: Perfect you're this it's, like, wow you haven't heard that.
Speaker 10: Ever but for from The canucks, standpoint you know THAT i think they were going through things was the door of you, KNOW i think at the time they were kind of some certain decisions they were making up front with. Forwards and you, know the one thing too is you want to make sure that you know you're not.
Speaker 4: Left without a seat at the table come.
Speaker 10: You, know middle Of july Into July, august and you, Know jersey from the forefront was very you know where what my role could, be WHO i could fit in, with you, know the types of de partners that could be there for. Me and you KNOW i was somebody that the way THAT i played the, game you know they didn't really have and you, know of course take out of pride in that and just being you, know trying to be my best to provide some leadership and physicality and skating and you, know a guy that's been around a little, bit so you, know The canucks, again my career is not over and maybe one day it'll it'll work. Out but you, KNOW i definitely disappointed a few buddies of mine back In, SURREY bc for, sure not signing that HOME.
Speaker 3: I bet, okay and one more Of brenda f you don't mind, quickly but your devils were knocked out By. Carolina are you surprised just how they're being completely? OVERPOWERED i know the Defending Stanley cup. Champions but it's it's stunning how they're being overpowered by The.
Speaker 10: PANTHERS i, Mean florida is just they're a, wagon you, know you look at how THEY i mean this potentially could be a third straight trip to the to The cup, final which is you talk about teams Like tampa that you know went THERE i think three times in a, row, right didn't win the. Third it's hard to do kind of what we talked about, earlier, right just with injuries and lock and goal playing, right special. Teams there's just so many things that need to go. Right BUT i think they just continue to prove. That you, know we we of course played them a bunch during the season In. Florida they play the, physical branded. Game They're North. South they get pucks in and for checked the heck out of. You and it doesn't matter if it's you, Know Sasha barkov or It's Aj. Greer you, know they're coming. In they're going to finish and put pressure on, you turn it over and then create that chaos throwing pucks to the net And carolina for you, know THAT'S i feel like they're probably the blessing and the curse of their, team right is everybody knows what they're going to, do and they know what they're going to, do but it's just hard to defend.
Speaker 4: Against and you, know whether it's.
Speaker 10: The speed thing or the physicality, THING i feel Like florida's just kind of got a little bit of everything that that can counter. That and you throw in the depth, aspect where what a luxury to Have Brad, Marshawn Anton lindel And Lisa ryan on your third third.
Speaker 4: LINE i mean they've arguably at.
Speaker 10: Certain points been the best line throughout this series or even the playoffs For. Florida so, it's, Yeah carolina is a great, team, obviously really well, coached and they play to their identity and they play it. Well but, Yeah florida has just been that next level for for sure through these first eight. Games but that's part of the playoffs, too managing the highs and. Lows you never, know they win one game In, florida They're game three and you, know find a way in game four and it's a brand new. Series so it's it's been a lot of. FUN i think playoffs this year in general have been just a blast to, watch.
Speaker 4: And you, know as a, fan.
Speaker 10: Myself i've been watching most of, them and so they've got buddies playing and.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's, crazy we're already here at the conference.
Speaker 3: Finals, brandon have a great, offseason stay healthy and congrats on nine to seven four soon to be one.
Speaker 1: Thousand, yes thank you so.
Speaker 10: Much appreciate, it, Guys Thanks, donny Thanks.
Speaker 1: Dolly all, Right, Yeah, Brandon dylan.
Speaker 3: GREAT i don't know how many times we have people on this show and they Say pete de bor is just such a special, coach and you often.
Speaker 1: Wonder he's a low key kind of. Guy god.
Speaker 3: RIGHT i don't think people former remember The canucks traded for him when he was a player back in the day For Paul lewis from The. Leafs BUT i don't think there's a whole lot known about. Him given all the success he's, had so many, players so many people, say, well no surprise that team's doing.
Speaker 1: Well in this case The.
Speaker 3: Dallastars they've Got pete De bores as a head, coach which he had In San.
Speaker 1: Jose But pete De, bor what has he not? Done when the Coupy he's gonna break through, Sometime, donnie sometime.
Speaker 3: Or thanks To Brandon dillon will update the poll question the next The Waddling dog pole.
Speaker 1: Question Donnie delay the team On, Jack donnie And.
Speaker 5: Dollie the team is supported by Able auctions DOTZ a closing your business we can.
Speaker 3: Help Able auctions specializes in Helping British columbia based business owners close their business.
Speaker 1: And sell their assets in a, timely orderly. Manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing, auctions to industrial, equipment retail, inventories or any other type of business. Assets Able auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets. Sold please email sales at able auctions dot, ca dot sales at ab L E auctions dot.
Speaker 1: Ca Wild dog poll.
Speaker 3: Question visit one Of victory's favorite pubs where you can enjoy twenty taps twenty.
Speaker 1: Screens Waddling dog.
Speaker 3: Is your home for the CONNECTION. Ufc come sit and stay at The dog. Today chech you Like canada has been eliminated from The World Hockey. CHAMPIONSHIPS i saw That Philip pronktil had a Stellar World championships six assist eight.
Speaker 1: Games that leads to Our Wading dog poll. Questions ryan get her up The Wadling dog pot pole question should The canucks straight Fill paronic to acquire a top six forward eleven hundred votes already sixty two, percent sixty three percent say, no but thirty seven percent say. Yes but if you do trade them, done there's going to be a massive hole because you're not getting anything. Back you're getting a forward.
Speaker 3: Back maybe you'll get a right handed, defense but maybe not at the same, quality.
Speaker 1: Not even pass not even, close unless it's like a mega trade and you got tons of bodies going back and.
Speaker 3: Forth we have been saying though that the position of strength relatively speaking for the banker of The canucks is and it's it happened quickly were people were complaining about, it not that long.
Speaker 1: Ago is Their Blue lene.
Speaker 4: Cords.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, hey, look if you want, something you got to give up, something something.
Speaker 1: Valuable that's that's that's the way it. Goes the mistake they made was when they Traded whrvett And, miller they got no, offense they got no centers. Back and now that's why the whole holes are up. There but they made the defense.
Speaker 3: Better but, AGAIN i know we go on and on about, this but you, Know Thomas trantz made the. Point the key to The canucks. Season is there re direction Of Elias. Patterson if that can, happen a lot Changes AS i stay at.
Speaker 1: The, Obvious, donny if he comes back gets eighty ninety, points going to be a good year for The. Canucks if he comes back in forty five, points, again there you, Go oh.
Speaker 3: Boy Kara Gardner morey is going to be named general manager of The Professional Women's Hockey League vancouver. Franchise this is according To Jeff, merrick our friend the show from the.
Speaker 1: Deal the franchise has since confirmed, it by the way, too it's right. Here it's been.
Speaker 3: Confirmed she currently serves as head coach of The Princeton tigers women's, team or roles she's held since twenty, seventeen twenty, eighteen after serving as an assistant coach way back in twenty. Eleven from that point, On, yeah and She's, canadian.
Speaker 1: But, yeah and this is great higher and the other, Thing, donny they got to get going because the expansion, draft and anytime you have an expansion, team there's a million things to, do, Right so this they had to move quick on THE gm In, vancouver and they've done. So and here it's getting close, Done it's getting close games are.
Speaker 3: GOOD i mean, Again i'm not Saying i'm watching a lot of the, games watching the. Highlights, Minnesota auttawa on the final over.
Speaker 1: Them it's been very good women women's hockey In canada and THE usa down who's always in the? Final every year It's, CANADA. Usa all the good players are. Coming, well they'd like to change. That, YEAH i know the other countries want to change. That but when it comes To canada and THE, usa great hockey programs for the, women and you see it in minor. Hockey you AND i have both been in minor. HOCKEY I i had the. KITCHEN i saw a ton of girls going to the rink and they got there getting top notch. Coaching don, Uh they're getting everything and they're getting.
Speaker 3: Better canada and THE usa would like to see the other countries get.
Speaker 1: Better, yeah not just the other. Countries because they're in the. Final every year they're in the.
Speaker 3: Final you worry about the future of Like olympic, participation if those same two teams are at the top time and, time same two countries at the top time and time, Again like you can say what you, WANT i hate, it But denmark Beating canada yesterday is probably good.
Speaker 1: For the it's probably overall. Game, yeah it's probably good for the overall. Game but still shocked at that result last.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, absolutely you wanted to talk about another hockey, happening and that's THE Bhl.
Speaker 1: Final, Yeah Chilliac. CHIEFS i love these. Guys THE Bc Hockey League. Final they're In, Brooks. Alberta and for those people that don't know Where brooks, Is donnie southeast Of. Calgary there there they are What penticton was to THE Bc league In.
Speaker 3: Alberta cal McCart played, there kl. MCCAR i understand they have a lot of. Money they never. Lose they they got every year they're in the.
Speaker 1: Final But chiliac's giving them a. Go And chilliak And brooks series tied to to In brooks. Tonight something weird on this series is two two one one one and it should be two three. Two But i'm shocked with the money in the. Travel, yeah they're gonna go To brooks tonight and come back To chilliwac and if there's a game, seven they're gonna go back To brooks. Again but, anyway, okay we're going all over the.
Speaker 3: Place your White caps At Salt lake. Tomorrow Matthew darsh has been named ISLANDER Gm least press. Conference Brendan shanahan out as president of The.
Speaker 1: Least he's not going to be Replaced, Rick, no he's. Not they're gonna maybe twe do they Need do you need? It do you Need Keith, pelly your old, buddies the guy running the. Show, yeah you you Know Keith. Pelly keith is running the. Show he could do all. That you need a?
Speaker 3: President you got the HARDCORE. Gm, YEAH i don't. KNOW i always wonder That Matthew.
Speaker 1: DARSH i want to say, this Before Patrick alvin was, hired, Done Matthew Darsh Tapa. BAY i know he was talked to by The canucks as. Well he was one of Their remember, That, yeah remember. That so there you.
Speaker 3: Go AND sga thirty eight points last NIGHT Nba West Final thunder Over minnesota one eighteen to one oh. Three they're up two zip five straight games for The Great CANADIAN sga of thirty or more points in the. Playoffs that has a franchise record AND i assume that goes back to the thunders days as The Seattle SuperSonics. Downtown Freddy brown didn't get, oh Downtown Freddy brown in The. SuperSonics ryan has no idea what we're talking. About, okay you've got some business.
Speaker 1: Quick oh, yeah, yeah that's. Right look at. This uh looking for a gift for a sports? Fan how about an addition to your man. Cave Pastime sports a place to visit check out the largest selection of sports Member meleia autographed, items trading cards and collectible games In Western. Canada four. Locations oh, boy you can go To Langley Metro, Town Guilford, mall Cap Alado mall In North. Found look at. That if you can't visit them in, store you can surely. Shop they're massive collection online at Pastime sports dot. See follow them On facebook AND x AND uh for the latest card info on the car drops and in store. Signing, right that's just. Weak you got you gotta change the. Coffee come, on, man it's your. Fault. Ryan what's up in front of the?
Speaker 8: Laptop the caramakie sign puck card of the, DAY a little bit off the, path little bit off the. Trail why Some Marc Andre fleury is the card of the day his, career ending his career in a.
Speaker 1: Negative way is officially didn't play lost. Yesterday you, know.
Speaker 8: He did play in the tournament, though but his career is. Over his career is now. Over he was over at The World championships With Team. Canada Team canada's, done he mentioned. Eliminated, so Uh hall Of famer easily right first, Balance, yeah career, wins, yeah second or third and want we're right up.
Speaker 1: There, yeah so, yeah And stanley coverings as. Well it's still puzzles and That vegas moved on from, him but they Had Robin.
Speaker 3: Leonard he'll be, okay oh, yeah, no no DOUBT dtmc.
Speaker 1: Next donny telling the team on.
Speaker 3: Check It's outlander Plug In Hybrid Electric vehicle days At surrey K mitsubishi.
Speaker 1: This month get up to eight, thousand five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive s U, v The outlander plug In.
Speaker 3: Hybrid The outlander Plug In hybrid is whisper, quiet fuel, efficient lets you drive electric or gast and can fit seven passengers in three rows OF cd.
Speaker 1: Cruise pass traffic AND hov lanes even when driving, solo and again save up to eight, thousand five.
Speaker 3: Hundred Visit Surrey mitsubishi at one three eight two oh one hundred and Fourth avenue In surrey are online At Surrey mitsubishi DOT. CA a offer Ends may thirty.
Speaker 1: First it's eleven thirty six on A friday. Morning donnie And doli on CHECK. Tv now time FOR dtmz brought to you by the world Famous Whister Golf. Club Go si big al out, There great, Track great.
Speaker 3: TRACK etmz brought to you by The Arnold Palmer designs The Golf. Club reminding everyone tea times can't be booked online now for any time during twenty twenty. Five and if you've got a group of twelve or, more ask us about Our Donnia Dolly midweek group specials whistlegolf dot Com Forward Slash. Groups we haven't got much time, here but we wanted to mention this one of your. Favorites Several boliver ours one of our. Favorites Billy joel has announced the cancelation of seventeen shows he booked at stadiums Across North america And england do to his recent diagnosis of n P. H in a, Statement joel and his team said the condition had been exasperated by recent concert, performances leading to problems with, hearing vision and. Balance under doctor's, Orders billy is said to be undergoing specific physical therapy and has been advised to refrain from performing during this recovery. Period you're a big. FAN i haven't seen him play of. You, No, no that's, uh that's bucketless. Stuff and that's all the all the best to to To Billy.
Speaker 1: JOEL i saw him a few years. Back my brother got to see AT.
Speaker 3: Msg i've seen YouTube stuff And i've seen concerts On.
Speaker 1: Netflix whatever the case may.
Speaker 8: Be the Look, Outstanding, yeah he postponed all the dates after the original.
Speaker 1: Fall, uh it's probably six months ago now or.
Speaker 8: Something then you're supposed to pick them back.
Speaker 1: UP i believe this coming fall and now the. Cancelation all the, best all the, best abillity to all the best To, BILLY a great.
Speaker 3: Guy all, Right may twenty, three we have seven. Birthdays the line is set at five By we're barking up the Right Tree lumberyard And casino In Puskoop. Buc this is from our Friend dom.
Speaker 8: Right this is the second version right who Says version. Two dom has had a lot of time on his, hands so. Celementary he sent me his second. One and does that not kind of look like Dollywall in the. Tree, no the smile of dollywall in the.
Speaker 1: Tree, no, no, no not at. All but, anyway it's well. Done. Though my understanding is that tree hates. Rap, yeah that would be about hip.
Speaker 3: Hop, yeah, okay barking up the right. Tree seven birthdays line set at five rock and. Roll Former canucks defenseman From edmonton drafted second overall by the Original Winnipeg jets in nineteen eighty played junior hockey for the Winter Hawks.
Speaker 1: Babbage his Brother wayne also played way until he's high pick as. Well he was a fifty goal Scat Lewis Saint. LOUIS i just saw him a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Ago wayne And dave at The Port Moody Rec, Center ottawa sixty seventh center And Minto cup. Winner lacrosse Player rick drafted twelfth overall by The flames in eighty four fifty. Three he was a lacrosse, player but no Fifty, Roberts, yes Scary Garry. Roberts FORMER nhl left winger From this is suspicious by the.
Speaker 1: Way FORMER nhl.
Speaker 3: Left winger From lethbridge played eight of his THIRTEEN nhl seasons With detroit back in the, day way back in nineteen seventy, two he became the second head coach In Vancouver CANUCK'S nhl.
Speaker 1: History he replaced hal leco.
Speaker 3: And i'm the cousin wants removed from this, gentleman give me initials v S ukrainian.
Speaker 1: Name you're not going to get.
Speaker 3: It vic stays yet the second head coach and history does not Really, no it would be what is somebody who one of my relatives? Married oh my, god, dude this is the definition of it's definitely because it's not a blood.
Speaker 1: BUT i don't. Know, okay my.
Speaker 3: Apologies, vecstasia though didn't last long as a, coach, actor COMEDIAN tv host From.
Speaker 1: Cleveland carry there you. Go you should got right. THERE i was gonna say he should get.
Speaker 4: It he.
Speaker 1: Made he makes a big. Deal but Being Completeland price is. Right, yeah oh Shadows Scott. Parker oh he was, good but he's.
Speaker 3: Not just been replaced after the fight With, Yeah Adam Adam Sandler Happy gilmour game show contestant who in four recorded a record seventy four Consecutive Ken Jennet. Jeopardy he now hosts the. Show yeah it does a great. Job, Yeah, no he's On Alex.
Speaker 1: Trebecca alex was the, best, tough tough for a place.
Speaker 3: Him late pro boxer From New, jersey undisputed champion at the middleweight division from nineteen eighty one to eighty, Seven Thomas, Her Marvelous.
Speaker 1: Hagler Marvius Marvin, Hagler Marvelous, Main Marvelous, Martin Haler. Mars that's WHAT i. Said manager of The Yankees Billy martin.
Speaker 3: From ninety two to ninety five appeared as himself in the ninety Four seinfeld.
Speaker 1: Episode No No Buck. Showalter, Yes buck was Good Cotton.
Speaker 8: Jerseys that wasn't the one where we won The World series right in six?
Speaker 1: Games, yeah that was what he was talking With, ARTABLE i, Think, okay, yeah, yeah, Yeah, no you know what the Other paul O'Neill wasn't the other Player? Jeter maybe it. WAS i think it Was.
Speaker 9: JETER i think the only Reason Daddy tartable was. On first of, all he was pretty. Good but the Name Daddy, tartable it's a Great yankee, name along With joe, peppatone who is also mentioned in the show a.
Speaker 8: Lot that whole storyline, amazing it was, Amazing, Yeah and then being being.
Speaker 3: Wooed by The. Mets you have no idea what we're talking? About, dude good so?
Speaker 1: Good is it just? Me coming?
Speaker 3: Up Ronald issley turned eighty Four, Wednesdays gonna help play us Though january sixty. Nine it's a great group and the album it's our. Thing this is The Isley brothers and it's your. Thing on Check, Rock cock And soul on A Bc friday.
Speaker 1: Morning is it just? Me it is next? Thing you do what you want to? Do? Jess who the? Fuck?
Speaker 3: Ude The Waddling Dog pop has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since.
Speaker 1: Built its reputation as one Of victoria's favorite one.
Speaker 3: Holes with twenty, TVs twenty local and domestic, taps and over two hundred, Seats The Waddling dog has something for, everyone including Every canucks, GAME ufc pay per, views and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to. Six The dog is your one stop shop with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important, products as well as an extensive inventory Of donnie And dolly.
Speaker 1: Merchandise their award.
Speaker 3: Winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style furnishings and modern, amenities and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry. Terminal there are countless reasons to come sit and stay at The Waddling.
Speaker 1: Dog is it just?
Speaker 3: Me i'll start it off if you don't. Mind oh, yeah go just Be jeevez From. Surrey but do you remember be kind and rewind be co renting a video from a? Store this is nineteen eighty. Stuff, Rick you should know.
Speaker 1: This be kind Of? Rewind. Yeah they always wanted you to rewind and they hated it when you watched stop and then. Return. Yeah, Yeah AND i think there was some sort of fine. Involved, yeah there. Was there. WAS i used to get in trouble all the. Time what do you Got if you think eleven six is going to have a much better upcoming, year you're. Delusional he got his, money he's now semi retired in his. Mind trade him no name with that. Submission but he is not hopeful whoever he or she That petterson is ever going to regain his. Form Kevin, Langley i'll throw this into. It is it just? Me is it just?
Speaker 3: Me but what's your tick on the new ten thousand Seed arena coming To? Surrey did you read this story.
Speaker 1: Today you got a.
Speaker 3: Chance, yeah compleation lines up with when The Abbey canucks could. MOVE i think they signed a ten year commitment In, Abtsford so maybe this is Where abtsford is.
Speaker 1: Headed.
Speaker 3: YEAH i Think i'm not sure they'd want a practice facility In. SURREY i think they'd want something closer to the, downtown.
Speaker 1: Closer But, donny is that NOT necessi the city Of surrey putting the money into, that that's.
Speaker 3: Believe, Yeah SO i don't think that would make that would that would make more sense Than aquiline. BUILT i don't Think aquiline is involved in, that but it SEEMS i think he'd be okay if somebody, else somebody else built a team.
Speaker 1: FOR i built a rank for his, Farm, donny why Is surrey building a ten thousand seat hockey for? Who Kevin langley has has an idea exactly who is going to play in ten thousand seat rank In? SURREY i do you have a? TEAM i don't have a. Team do you have a? Team is it just?
Speaker 3: Me or isn't it sad that a player Like Brandon dillon is not the type of player The canucks. Want he's too, big too tough and it's way Too canadian to. Be, oh that's very hard to, say that's. UNSIGNED i think a lot of people who feel that.
Speaker 1: WAY i agree with, Him Brendan. Dillon they should have got it when they lost the door. Off he'd have been a great fill. In is it just? Me i'm an old guy like, You, rick BUT i can't agree with Your David Lee rock. Take he was. Terrible give me a Petty Springsteen. Mellencamp Even hagar is a better up front. MAN rp And White, rock come, ON, rp wake. Up David Lee roth was, great always has been, great and always will.
Speaker 3: Be sounded more. Raw When David Lee roth was, there that band sounded more. MUCH i, like oh sounds there's just there's the original. Singer there's something. There Donna sickamus is just me speaking Of Futility lion's first year fifty.
Speaker 1: Four they were one in fifteen.
Speaker 3: Only when was Over calgary At empire and Know don wasn't, there but my, Dad Don senior.
Speaker 1: Was That's Don in. Sickamis thanks for the. Information. Don So THE Bc lions were one and fifteen in their first. Year Donna sickamoas, says so it's got to be. True don's are a good guy or good pal loves our. Show we love. HIM i always shop At saban end up singing and dancing down the aisles to that good old ladies. Music so then he did stop playing to that one sometimes THINKING i may be. Arrested pamela and and And i'm With, Pamela save on. Foods great. Music i'm telling. You When i'm in the produce picking up the bananas and, Stuff i'm listening to the.
Speaker 3: Music it's, good makes the experience. Better Man man on Chiliwac is it just? Me but Did Joan couer have a concert before The Bad News bears played the answer TO i think he. Did H, Yeah sheldon From, surrey is it just? Me do Both rick And dn think literally everything was better back in the? Day, Yes by the, way we've got color ON tv.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah Sheldon sheldon eighties was the best. Decade and you're saying the seventies was the best. Decade for, me it was the. Eighties it doesn't come.
Speaker 3: Close and you know, what one, Day sheldon's gonna tell everybody that.
Speaker 1: The two thousand the twenties were the best. Decade thanks for taking Part. Sheldon okay a.
Speaker 3: Break we're gonna wrap up the, show the week and the poll question Next Donnie della.
Speaker 1: The team one Check love golf But hate The. Rain Hide Out golf is now, open locaated in The Sands hotel On Davy. Street Hideout golf is your new go to golf simulator, bar perfect for everything from casual rounds to competitive. Play Hide Out.
Speaker 3: Golf has an exclusive offer For donnie And dolly. Listeners get twenty five percent off simulator time for your first. Booking just use the promo Code Dad dad twenty. Five That's Dad dad twenty.
Speaker 1: Five ready to te up your next night? Out book now at A Hideout golf DOT c.
Speaker 3: Eight as we continue our campaign to Get Patrick hernandez nineteen seventy Nine megahead born to be a live played on a regular.
Speaker 1: Basis At Rogers.
Speaker 3: Arena and this just In rick AND i were discussing this along With, ryan that new arena's gonna get built In.
Speaker 1: Surrey we're going to go To surrey and talk to them About. Getty Patrick Kne Patrick, hernandez get him in. There we're all.
Speaker 3: Going whenever team ends up, There doc pol great, Song, ryan get her up the waddling dog pup pole?
Speaker 1: Question, Ryan, ryan get her, up wattling dog pop pole. Question here we. Go shoot The canuck. Straight Philip paronic to acquire top six forward sixty three, percent, no bot Thirty, yes thirteen hundred. Votes already it's hop and it's. Popping it's not.
Speaker 3: Stopping six assists in eight games For philip at The World. Championships check you, out Like canada. Out you had a really interesting is it just?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: Subiicient we got a photo, first we're going.
Speaker 1: Overseas, right we're going. Overseas, animal there's in a. Animal it's. Overseas let's go long. Time Don taylor fan going back to the eighties with Sports Page love the show playing pickleball in Du, Nang, vietnam where this monkey is eyeing my sports paid Shirt anthony After. Vancouver look at this thanks To. Anthony, okay but he's playing pick a. Ball, yeah and so the monkey's. Watching, yeah, wow you figure it. Out rick congratulat. Yeh i'm just clarifying the. Monkeys why is the monkey sitting in the. Chair he's having, fun he's not jumping on the. Back put him in the.
Speaker 3: Chair i'm gonna say, no, okay think somebody grabbed the wild monkey and throw them, up and.
Speaker 1: So you just, saying oh there's a monkey in the, chair let's take a photo. Quick that doesn't happen like. THAT i THINK i want to get you know you have experienced that. Chair he staged it with the monkey. REGARDLESS i THINK i want to try out pickle. Ball why it's all the rage like everyone's doing. It i'd like to do? It, yeah, SIMPLE i. Think. Yeah. Yeah it stepped down from.
Speaker 3: Tennis, yeah, YEAH i played a lot of, tennis believe it or not in the seventies during the tennis.
Speaker 1: Boom. Yeah well what about? RACKETBALL i? LOVE i love yeah that.
Speaker 3: Too that went by the wayside fairly. Quickly but it was hot for a, while often because attached to the racquetball courts were.
Speaker 1: Bars yeah remember. That, yeah what do you back back in the, day back in the off.
Speaker 3: Time like The Brentwood Racketball, club there was a rackaball club and there's a bar Bar.
Speaker 1: Riot, yeah yes they, do they. Do see that's a good that's a good business.
Speaker 6: A.
Speaker 1: Bar.
Speaker 8: No but like having the cross between the, two especially in our market with the weather.
Speaker 1: Sock what are you talking about like golfers of you, know you go and have Smul you know every hockey rink's got a bar in. It. Yeah are you just.
Speaker 3: Figuring out that maybe having a cold one after some physical activity is a good?
Speaker 1: Idea, No, NO i just that that crossover like it.
Speaker 8: WAS i always, assume like you go to the raquetball, club you do the workout and you get out it hang.
Speaker 3: Around it's not. SOCIAL i had my own, racket the whole. Bit, Really, yeah you had a really Good is it just?
Speaker 1: ME i had a good one, Here, Rick it's, right movies are made from. REALITY i mean dumb And dummer was inspired by this Show sheldon From Surrey sheldon again he shot today taking a shot at, us, Saying dennis And Pitt meadow is also taking a shot at? Us or? Me is it just? Me or did the Young laftvia not look a lot Like Pavel?
Speaker 3: Burray i'm telling You i'll stand by That Philip hedel debut to the.
Speaker 1: Day, sorry that was one of your weaker. Times Pavel brey is opening night with Special oh the, Anticipation oh, yeah a. FILIPIDO i did not do.
Speaker 3: Cartwheels he had a few rushes that Were Burrey Opening night.
Speaker 1: Esque according To Robert poco has a great.
Speaker 3: Submission Do Carolina struggle shed a different light on The leafs winning three of seven Against?
Speaker 1: Florida did they need to did they need to break?
Speaker 4: Up?
Speaker 3: Debatable talk about it over the. Weekend we'll see you On, monday. Folks i'll be off Of, Ryan Derek, rick everybody here At Oh boy And.
Speaker 1: Check I'm dawn and you have to date The.
Speaker 2: Wildesports thanks for listening to The donnie And Dolly. Podcast be sure to follow us On twitter At donnie And dollie for all the latest show.
Speaker 5: Content