Speaker 1: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free Knew It Improved iHeartRadio app listen for all your music radio and podcast Free never sounded so good.
Speaker 2: My name is Sandy. Rhymes with handy. This is Tricia rhymes with nothing Delicia. That's it. That's not real word.
Speaker 3: It's a great word.
Speaker 2: Delsa's not a real word. It's a word, but it's not a real word. It's a real word. I'm gonna look it up in websters. I think it's I love it, Tricia dot Delicia.
Speaker 3: No other words rhyme with my name except that one.
Speaker 2: I'm happy Tricia, ammunitionia, No, that's my Tricia.
Speaker 4: Nothing rhymes with tricia, I know, does it Delicia? That's the only one, and I had to make it.
Speaker 2: Nothing rhymes with tricia. Nothing rhymes with orange either. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Did you know that?
Speaker 3: I did know that?
Speaker 5: What's first thing? Made you laugh?
Speaker 4: If airlines were smart, they'd sit a dog every few rows and then charge extra to sit near the dog.
Speaker 3: And then he'd go something like this, would you like to upgrade you? No? Thank you? Would you like to pupgrade? Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, I would. You would want to sit next to a dog.
Speaker 3: Yes, are you kidding?
Speaker 5: I would whenever they.
Speaker 3: Have dogs on flights.
Speaker 4: I'm obsessed and I'm always like, please let us hit by me, please let us sit by me.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, I never do.
Speaker 2: I would like it for maybe ten minutes, but especially we have this neighbor he walks his dog. His dog is a five month old Rottweiler. His name is Goose.
Speaker 5: Goose. I love Goose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's cool.
Speaker 5: Goose is awesome. If it was Goose, I'd be cool with it.
Speaker 3: You'd be fine sitting next to Goose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for about ten minutes? What about?
Speaker 3: Why is Goose gonna suid me back?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: They just an airplane with you know, buying with a dog?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: No, thank you.
Speaker 3: You're such a crab.
Speaker 5: I just don't want to. Oh okay, I'm a crab.
Speaker 3: You are don't like to sit next to dog.
Speaker 5: You don't want a dog on an entire flight sitting next to you?
Speaker 3: To be totally fine with that?
Speaker 5: You know what your mother in law's dog, your mother do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She I would absolutely if she would not bark.
Speaker 4: She's a little bit of a barker, a little bit, but well behaved dogs.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Here's what we got coming up for you. Uh, this is gonna be fun. Things everyone knows but they don't say out loud. Yeah, there are definitely things right. Also, we're gonna tell you this new trend when it comes to naming kids, which Tricia just loves, loves, and the story we loves coming up.
Speaker 5: What do you have?
Speaker 4: All right, we're going to talk about this Secret Service. It's appropriate time to be talking about anything Secret Service related, right. I am going to tell you all about the code names they've had for the first families.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm interested that. Yeah, all right, stay with us.
Speaker 2: That's coming up on Austin Saides station one oh three point one. Here's something you need to know about this show. By the way, it's the It's the Sandy Show. I'm Sandy. Tricia is right over there. Hi. Tricia is one of those people that the second something breaks, she is making some form of effort to get it repaired.
Speaker 5: Right nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean, even if it's just a small little thing and whatever it is still works just fine with a little nick or a little cut in it, Tricia is calling someone.
Speaker 5: To get it fixed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm either figuring out how to fix it myself or I'm calling somebody. I don't like having things that are supposed to do something and are broken and can't do it.
Speaker 3: It drives me insane.
Speaker 2: You would have never survived in my house growing, No, it sounds like it would not have nothing.
Speaker 5: Well, you've been.
Speaker 2: It's not changed. You've seen it. There's things in my house that just don't work anymore.
Speaker 4: But if you're still there, if your mom and dad would just get a dining a kitchen table that had this that didn't rock. Yeah, that didn't Oh my gosh, that coffee didn't spill in the mornings when you lean on the table. Huh.
Speaker 3: How does that not make them insane?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but that's my child. Tries to me crazy, going out to get a drill. It doesn't work, not charged up, doesn't work anymore. Yeah, Chris, batteries, Chris, hang up. Christmas lights don't work. It's my whole life. But you're doing something right now that I can't believe you have not gotten fixed.
Speaker 3: Now that I've not gotten fixed.
Speaker 2: Chris has been has to wear eyeglasses when she drives, and one of the arms on her eyeglasses has broken off, and she's driving around. My head full with one arm on her eyeglasses. What's going on? Are we broke? Are we broke?
Speaker 3: A shamed that you're pointing this out?
Speaker 5: Do we not have enough money to tell no?
Speaker 4: That's not what it is. So what happened is one of the little screws came out. It's not broken, just over time. The little tiny screa came out with kit. I know, so you ordered me a kit, which I was all relieved. I sat down. There's about nineteen different size, teeny tiny minuscule screws in there.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: I had to try each size to find the right size. Thought I had it fixed. I was so happy and relieved, like sigh of relief when I used them the first time. When I drove with them the first time at night, screw came out obviously the wrong size screw. So the arm, the right arm on my glasses is gone. I have one armed eyeglasses and I drive around at night with whenever, and I am ashamed, and I won't get them fixed.
Speaker 3: I don't know why could you just go to.
Speaker 2: A glasses place and have them fixed it? I mean, I couldn't cost you five bucks.
Speaker 4: The only time I ever think of it is when I get in the car at night to drive somewhere, normally to drop off during the day.
Speaker 3: Now I have prescription sunglasses.
Speaker 4: I only have to wear those at night, and I don't even really actually have to wear them technically, I just wear them because I feel safer. But yeah, it's been like two months and I tried once, and I feel like I feel like you. I feel wont I tried to fix it and I couldn't say. I guess this is how they are from now on.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like my car I backed into a I was in a parking garage and backed into a concrete structure and got a scrape on the side of my car.
Speaker 4: It's not scrape. It's a scrape. I'll tell you that. Every time I drive by your car and I see it, I get fired up about it. You got to get your car fixed, Sandy, car runs fine, got to get your car fixed. You look like a You look like a hobo, a bum.
Speaker 5: I don't care what people think of me.
Speaker 4: Yes you do, Oh, I know you do. Why are you so excited about your brand new glasses?
Speaker 2: Then, well that's different. I need those. My car is a grocery getter, A to B baby, that's all. I'm trying to impress anybody with my car. Although I got something very fun from my car.
Speaker 5: You did.
Speaker 2: It's my fastest Instagram purchase ever. Can I tell you what it is?
Speaker 5: I saw? I literally saw an ad for this. You know what. I'll save this for next all right, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I saw an ad for something on Instagram and within sixty seconds I had order it and its way.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I made my fastest Instagram decision and purchase in the history of my life. I saw an ad and had it ordered within sixty seconds.
Speaker 5: That's how badly I wanted it. Wow.
Speaker 2: Now keep in mind, I'm the same guy that took three three months to decide on a pair of shoes.
Speaker 3: I can't talk about tennis shoes anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, it took me three month. Boy, I got the ones I wanted, got the ones.
Speaker 4: He wanted, and then ordered another pair and a different color.
Speaker 5: Yep, and I'm thinking about getting one more. I know you're real worried.
Speaker 4: They're going to stop making it, am I'm worried.
Speaker 3: I can't keep talking about the tennis shoes.
Speaker 5: No, you should get some too.
Speaker 4: That's the other part that I can't keep talking about you and I are walking couple.
Speaker 3: That's embarrassing. And then we're gonna have the same shoes. No, I can't take it to that level.
Speaker 5: Well, that'll be the same color.
Speaker 3: We're way too young to start dressing a lot.
Speaker 5: You can't get the same color. See, it's just some pink ones.
Speaker 4: I'll take care of my own footwear. To worry about me. And add that I saw on Instagram for starters. Please note that the push button start button on the car annoys me.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. I wish you could just take your key in and turn the ignission.
Speaker 4: Don't understand because now you have to find a different place to store your keys so fresh when they used to just go in the ignition exactly.
Speaker 3: I think it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw an ad for this thing that goes around okay. Do you remember, you know, an old stick shift right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, or like a round ball stick shift.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have a guy in high school that replaced his stick shift for like a pool ball?
Speaker 3: Yeah, to make it look like yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So they've got these little miniature ones and they have a round thing on the bottom that goes over your start button and on top of that is a miniature what looks like an old school stick shift right right, and you.
Speaker 5: Pull the little lever down and it pushes the button and starts the car. And you can get.
Speaker 2: Them with your type of car on the little label on it of your car. So I have an old twenty sixteen BMW, but I got the BMW one and it's red and I cannot wait to start my car with it.
Speaker 4: So you get in, you push the brake, and then you push down a level of gearshift the.
Speaker 2: Little lever, yeah, and it starts the car. How I almost got you on?
Speaker 3: Oh it's fine that you didn't.
Speaker 2: I know it was only twenty five dollars. I think it's very, very funny though. I am so excited I got red. I don't know why I got Red. I just got red.
Speaker 3: You're small child, blue red and blottle boy right now.
Speaker 2: But within sixty seconds of seeing the commercial, I had to have one.
Speaker 5: Gotta have it now.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably going to be February before it gets here.
Speaker 3: Oh is it coming from the land of China?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they're not hurd to get at.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I can't wait to get this thing. I'm super excited for it.
Speaker 3: That's really funny.
Speaker 5: It's cool.
Speaker 3: Good to put it on your Christmas list. Huh.
Speaker 5: No, I had to have it. I had to have it right. I had to have it right now.
Speaker 4: You know, we've entered that time of the year where like anything you might need is Christmas list potential.
Speaker 5: Right now that you've told me that, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to go so far as some moms do with like mom, I'm not a toothpaste.
Speaker 3: All right, I put it on a Christmas list. I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying stuff like that prime Christmas list material.
Speaker 2: I wish I could tell you guys how to order one of these things. I mean, I don't have them. It's just to you know, you click the link and then you order and you're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have a picture that you can post or anything.
Speaker 5: I'll see if I can find one. So I'm super excited.
Speaker 2: I'll keep you posted when I get it, for sure, sure, for sure stay with us. More coming up on one O three point one, Austin's eighties station and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. You Love Your Everybody, get your air Gong hand ready to go because you got a gong during the song and do it with us. I hope you guys have a great Friday. And for all you kids that may be competing and whatever it is you're competing in, whether it's football or volleyball, cross country, lacrosse season is kind of going on in some places.
Speaker 5: R OTC, choir, whatever, have a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Compete hard and hopefully you'll win, but most importantly have some fun. Backhanded gong today, high degree of difficulty.
Speaker 3: I think you were a little early.
Speaker 5: No, I was on time. I feel like I was awesome. Ready, I'm ready?
Speaker 3: All right, Sandy, care or don't care? To find out how they got the name Dorrito for the chip.
Speaker 2: I know how they did. No, I don't. I know how they got Fredo lay? What is that that was from? Okay, make sure I get it right. I watched The Foods That Built America and it was one watched. One company was in dire straits financially, one of the big potato chip makers, and needed money for to continue. He went to the guy at Frito's and they became Frido.
Speaker 5: La.
Speaker 3: Oh gotcha so lazy Frida.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't know this one, all right?
Speaker 3: The name do you care?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: The name Dorito is a contraction of the Spanish word doradito, which roughly means little fried and golden thing or little bits of gold.
Speaker 2: Now I want a torta? Do you want a dorito? I want a torta sandwich.
Speaker 3: Oh, because I was talking about dorito's.
Speaker 5: My mind goes from one to the other.
Speaker 4: Here's another one, Sandy, do you care? Don't care? To find out what the German word is that specifically for weight you gain from overeating when you're depressed.
Speaker 3: They have a specific word for that specific action.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I care about this will be the only German word I know, but yes.
Speaker 5: Right, they just funny.
Speaker 3: It is, It's very funny.
Speaker 4: It's for the weight you gain from over eating when you're depressed. The word is kumer speck and it literally translates to grief bacon, grief bacon kumber respec sad bacon bacon when you're stressed.
Speaker 3: Only when you're depressed. That's we're eating from depression. You're you have the commers.
Speaker 5: The Germans could be funny, not really the funniest people.
Speaker 3: Not known for their humor.
Speaker 5: General they're really not all right.
Speaker 3: Here's one.
Speaker 4: There's a list of the fifty most popular college majors according to internet searches. Care or don't care to find out which one is number one?
Speaker 2: Uh? I do care, and I hope it's something that the college graduate can then take into the world to make the world a better place, or at least make enough money to live.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because it's my major.
Speaker 5: Psychology, easiest major.
Speaker 3: It's the one I thought had the least likely chance of involving math.
Speaker 2: Psychology and what were your upper level classes in psychology?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I had statistics, we had different like abnormal psychology, how.
Speaker 5: To sit without laughing? Was that a class? Know how to keep a straight face when someone's poor? Do it?
Speaker 3: Psychology?
Speaker 2: Don't you psychology people? Don't you sit down and talk to people like your psychologists?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I wasn't trying to be a psychologist. I just wanted a major that didn't involve math. That felt like that would be one. But then you ended up being pretty interested in it, right, So it ended up actually kind of helping me because I went into sales. Sales is a lot about reading people and seeing things that tip you off on how to treat certain people or why they're at you don't mean that kind of thing, and it helped me like diagnose myself with a lot of stuff like oh, that's why I do that. Oh okay, I mean it's really it's very interesting. Our daughter's taken an ap psychology class right now and loves it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's the and again, the easiest class in the world.
Speaker 2: I went to the parent teacher meetings and if I listened to that teacher and I was like.
Speaker 5: Dude, if you don't get an A in this class, ye're a moral It's only.
Speaker 3: The easiest class. Because he was like, I'm trying something new this year.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty much letting them have all open book tests and quizzes.
Speaker 5: His whole thing is, I don't care how they learn it. I just want them to learn it.
Speaker 3: They need to know it.
Speaker 2: Test titles around that's carried out kesis Trishaw, I'm Sandy.
Speaker 1: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free knew it improved, iHeartRadio app Listen for all your music radio and podcasts. Free never sounded so good.