Speaker 1: Of the Bill Cunningham Show may be pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Willie the brough You by Choice Hotels, Econo Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice Hotels dot com.
Speaker 3: Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one, but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast exodens, the one and only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 4: Well, my fellow Americans, get ready for a rough ride tonight and also throughout the week, maybe two weeks, maybe a month, maybe two months, maybe three months, because the stock market is certainly responding now in Asia as if there's a crash coming of one type or another. And Jim Kramer tonight, who's right about half the time CNBC with my good friend Joe Kernin from Cincinnati, of course, is never wrong, is saying it's not time to panic. There may be circuit breakers kicking in someday this week, and I have a benchmark what has to happen for the so called quote circuit breakers to come on, in which there's time to line up the buyers and the sellers. But what we're going through now is something like a chemo patient who must have the cancer taken out. A little chemo must be done, and maybe a few weeks, but the end of the day, the patient's going to be healthy. In America will be just fine. And we hold all the cards. Whether it's Canada or Mexico, or China or the EU, we hold all the cards. We are the market in America about four percent of the population of the earth, and we are responsible for about thirty percent the world domestic product Gross domestic Product GDP. America we're the big wrestler. We are King Kong Bundy, we are Andre the Giant. We're the New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Dodgers, or we are the economy that shakes the entire world. And for a very long time, under Republicans and Democrats, we've had the illusion of quote free trade, beginning with NAFTA and then with the USMCA, which Trump did in his first two years of his last term, which he there's so many exceptions to the MCA, which is more or less free trade between Canada and the US and Mexico. You might not have had it after Trump left office. Certainly Biden gave all these exceptions to Canada and Mexico. So the USMCA that Trump negotiated in twenty seventeen twenty eighteen, here we are eight years later, didn't apply anymore. Let me give you some facts and information, if I may. The US grows domestic product. Of course, the numbers will not be completely in until September thirty. We're on a fiscal of October first. October first, it's about thirty trillion dollars. So I'll ask you to just remember, thirty trillion dollars is the gross domestic product of the United States of America. Canada's gross domestic product is two point five trillion, and Mexico is one point five. So if we get in a squabble with Canada, we're at thirty trillion and the Ottawa government is at two point five. Who's going to win that fight? America is going to win. And if Donald Trump says to Canada, guess what you make two million vehicles in Canada and shipping to this country, and I want those cars made right here the UAW by the way, and teamsters are one ud percent, working men and women one hundred percent. With Donald Trump, we're gonna win with Mexico, and Shinebaum the new president of Mexico. And now someone named Shinebaum became the president of Mexico is another story. She beat someone named Lopez, which I don't understand. She must be a spectacular politician. The Mexican GDP is about one point five trillion. America has thirty trillion, not even close. They are about five percent of our economy or the giant. We can tell them what's going to happen and we can make it occur. We can tell Canada what's going to happen and make it occur Canada. If you take Canada and Mexico together, they're about four trillion compared to thirty trillion, so they're about fifteen percent together of the American economy. Now, if you would include let's say you're thinking tonight, let's say, well, you're going to have somehow the EU is going to hook up with India. By the way, India and Modi, the leader of India, is calling. He's called Donald Trump now three times. They've met several times previously, and sometime in the next week or two, there's going to be some deal between India and America. India is the most populoust nation on Earth. They have about one point four billion human beings, China has about one point two and India is gonna go We're gonna call.
Speaker 1: The tune with India.
Speaker 4: They have a small GDP compared to the United States of America, so there's no way you're gonna have China. It was reporting on this a few days ago that China was reaching out to South Korea and Japan to talk about a deal.
Speaker 1: Deal. Okay, that'll never happen.
Speaker 4: The South Koreans despise the Chinese, and the Japanese despise the Chinese, and the Chinese hate the South Koreans, and the Chinese hate the Japanese for historical reasons.
Speaker 1: They will never get together.
Speaker 4: But even if they did so, what we have about a trillion dollar trade deficit with China every year, which means we buy their products, they don't buy our products. The differential is plus one trillion for communists right China. Now, we could crash their economy, make their middle class go away. In fact, they have such debt problems, they have a terrible real estate difficulty, they have a thirty five percent unemployment rate. They're in terrible economic conditions. This could tip them over the edge. If it does occur, so be it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: How about the European Union. The EU was created and there's twenty seven nations in the EU. The only purpose of the English, the Belgiums, the French, the Germans, the Greeks, the Irish, Denmark, Italy, Sweden, plus twenty seven more. The only reason they got together was to fight us, the United States of America. The EU gross domestic product is about seventeen trillion. These twenty seven countries add up the seventeen trillion. Well we're at thirty trillion, so you know, they're about sixty percent of our economy. And they fight with each other all the time. You know, the English don't like the French, and the French that like the Germans, and the Germans don't like the Bulgarians, and the Dutch do not like Greece and Ireland done like Italy.
Speaker 1: They fight constantly.
Speaker 4: The one thing they agree about is this, let's rape and rob economically. The United States of America not let their products.
Speaker 1: Into the EU.
Speaker 4: Well, we sell our cars and products to the United States, and for some reason, for thirty years that's been the case. You don't see Fords and might beloved Chevy Blazer. Chevy Blazer is a fabulous car. You don't see that on the roads of the autobam. You don't see it in Europe. They don't let our products to be sold there. But how many times have you seen a BMW or a Mercedes or a Fiat or some other car made in Europe the bug quite often. In other words, we buy their products, we let their products here, but our products cannot go there. Trump says, guess what that's going to stop if you want to include Russia in the mix. And much like China, I think they're nineteen trillion of GDP, which is about one third lessons is fictitious anyway, No one trust the numbers out of China. They're much larger than we think. Their problems are intractable. Russia has a GDP of about two trillion dollars a year compared to our thirty We're about fifteen times the size of Russia. You put all this together, we hold all the cards, and for the first time in my lifetime, we have an America first president that says these rules have got to change. There's going to be some minor difficulties for a few months, but within a year or two, We're going to have trillions of dollars in new investment inside of America. Our products will be produced and sold all over the world or else those products don't come into this country. Very simple in these countries, whether it's the EU or China or Mexico or Canada, cannot stand it. I would point out for those who think, I look at the futures market, let me scroll up here just a little bit. I'll give you the numbers as I speak. Well, there it is. The dal Jones as I speak, was down about fifteen hundred points. Now it's down seven hundred and ninety nine points, say eight hundred points. It's been cut in half. S and P futures are down two point four percent. Nasdaq is down three percent. Oil is under sixty dollars a barrel, and uh which it well, not bad, but it's gonna get worse. Every expert I said, until this matter resolves itself, it's going to be a problem.
Speaker 1: When will it resolve itself? We'll let me give you a couple couple tips. Number one.
Speaker 4: A couple of days ago, Communist red China, the government Hijao Ping issued a thirty four percent across the board tariff on American products coming into into China. Now, we don't sell very many products in China. The main product we sell there is soybeans, So we'll sell soybeans then to India or some other country. Also, I d that Donald Trump and when I watched this morning Howard Lutnik do an interview on CBS Morning with Margaret Brennan, I also watched the President on air on Air Force One about three hours ago, speaking from his cabin to a bunch of reporters. No one's panicking in the federal and the federal government, in fact, most saying this is required, it's necessary, and at the end of the day, we're gonna win. Of course we're gonna win. And I point out with two other things falls in our system. We're not perfect. That whether it's a communist Red China or a Moss terrorist. Their attitude is if it takes a thousand years, we'll spend the time and we will win. We will win a thousand years. When it comes to America, we have the midterms coming up in about nineteen months. They have a viewpoint that we're going to take a long time. There'll be no protest by the way in China, there'll be no idiotic kmas sympathizes running around with multi colored hair, never flying the American flag, by the way, acting as if they're fools, many of whom are foreign students paid for by left wing advocacy groups and also Iran that we have an horizon of the next mid term, of the next presidential China says, if it takes a thousand years, we're going to win. And I would not be surprised if China is bankrolling some of the protests in this country. But one guy you're not going to move with protests or lawsuits is guess what Donald John Trump's got the coyones of a brass bowl. He is not going to change his viewpoint because of a lawsuit or because the Chinese don't like it, or NBC News MSNBC Rachel Maddow don't like what's going on. It's going to take some time. Do you have the patience to accept the idea that the reformation of world trade must occur incrementally? The cancer cells of non free trade its course throughout the body politic. Many of our organs are hurting, our bones are being shaken, and here comes to chemo. Here comes the radiation, and Donald Trump is chemo. Donald Trump is the radiation. To get this thing back on track. We cannot long survive if communists read China as a trillion dollar trade deficit with America taking jobs. Their next order of business is to crash bowing. China is building a world class airline fleet to sell to crash boning Boeing and some of the stuff they've done Boeing Aeronautical maybe hurts themselves a lot, but they'll pick out an industry like steel, flood the market with tons, millions of tons of cheap steel, crash American steel workers, and then take over the entire industry in this country and then check up the price. Their next vision was going to be automobiles, building these EV plants all over Mexico to ship into America cars at half the price of our evs that many people want to buy, or hybrids and crash the auto market. They'll pick out an industry and say, you know what, We're going to flood American market with our products. It's going to be government subsidized. We will pay for it, and then once we destroy industries in America, we will jack up the price and put America out of business. That is the plan of Jhijauping and others. If it takes one thousand years, or one hundred years or ten years, we will stay the course. We will win in America with our media and with the Democratic Party, and with a short term horizon. He's banking on us collapsing and getting rid of Donald Trump's philosophies in eighteen months, because if a king Jefferies takes over the House of Representatives in eighteen months, with the investigations and the more impeachments of Donald Trump Trump and all the other stuff that's going to happen, China is going to win. Do you have the guts the determination to stick with Donald Trump or will you sit down, lie down with Jijao Ping and the forces of evil that want the tariffs the way they were, not the tariffs they're going to be. And one last stop before I turned calls over to you. We have four lines open right now eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven. When will the Canadian dispute take care of itself? Number one, Canada has a GDP of two point five and we have thirty trillion, so we have about a ninety two percent advantage over Canada. But the presidential elections for their legislative government in Canada is happening in about a month, and so right now the leader of the so called opposition in Canada is being motivated not to settle this case until after the elections because he cannot appear to be an individual his name is Mark Kearney, Prime Minister of Canada, that he's collapsing or agreeing with Donald Trump. The Canadians are mad as a hornet's nest at Donald Trump. And if Mark Kearney, who wants to be the new Prime Minister, is going to do a deal with Donald Trump before the election in Canada in about a month, that would be impossible. He would appear to be collapsing to Donald Trump, and the Conservatives would win. The Conservatives we're going to win until these tariffs started, in which case it is the lifeblood of the Liberal Party in Canada headed up by this Mark Carney character to have someone to hate, and that person is Donald Trump. Once he is elected Prime Minister in about a month, their election is going to be toward the end of May. Once that happens, he can then strike a deal because he has the power of the electorate behind him. So for those who think, Okay, I'm gonna jump back into the stock market big time tomorrow or Wednesday or Friday, o contrere mon frere. Until there's a deal between Canada and Mexico and America, along with possible deal with China and the EU are the big ones. This thing is going to stretch out for several weeks. Then once it is resolved. I can think of no better person on earth to negotiate on behalf of the United States of America when it comes to an economic issue than Donald Trump. And I'm also very much impressed by his Secretary of Commerce, Howard Lutnik. It made quite a bit of sense this morning with face the nation. But do you have the guts and guile to wait and to understand that you're four to one k that might become a two to oh one k, and about a year, year and a half it's going to be a six to oh one K. I don't give investment advice, but look at where we are. America controls the economy of the world, and when we sneeze, the rest of the world catches pneumonia. And so we're the ones that can set the rules and dominate the world because of our economic power. And everyone knows it. And that's why everyone's calling Donald truck and Trump, and they're calling Howard Lutnik and others. Let's strike a deal deal because our economy can't sis stand itself if we don't have access to the American market. We're the ones that drive the economy of the world. And Donald Trump knows it. And the evil, the forces of evil in China, and the good folks in Canada, Mexico and the EU in India know it also, and they know how the game's played. There's a new sheriff in town and his name is Donald Trump. Let's continue with your calls and uh if the line becomes available. Eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven, Bill cunning in the Great American with you every Sunday night. Futures of the Dow down about three percent to thirty seven thousand on the Dow futures S and P is at four nine S and P, which is a larger basket of American companies, and the NASTEC is at sixteen thousand and nine one hundred, and we have levels one, two and three on three circuit breakers required, which are used now and then before trading is stopped, which may occur on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday or Thursday of Friday. Don't know, it's impossible to time the market, and there are about ten days of year, ten days a year when market goes up that if you're not in for those ten days, you lose about seventy five percent of the yearly game. So it's very unwise unless you're a real expert in trying to time the market. But level one, if the S and P falls seven percent intra day seven percent, so S and P that'd be about three hundred and fifty points if it occurs before three twenty five tomorrow ET Eastern time, trading is halt it for fifteen minutes, and then there's other levels S and P. S and P goes on and on, and the Friday benchmark closed about five thousand and seventy four, and it's going to be down two or three percent in the futures, and there's no stimulus happening in the Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday that's going to cause the market to go any direction, but likely down unless there's some major announcement made of a deal, and the deal can't be with the Iceland or Italy. The deal's got to be with the EU, in with communist red China and North Canada and Mexico, which are very very unlikely. So let's continue with more. By the way, the level one on the benchmark S and P would be about forty seven hundred. Right now it's at forty nine hundred. So we're gone from there. And if you go to the website CNBC, you can see s and P was seventeen percent below it's all time high. SNP in about a month has fallen the seventeen percent in four weeks. Let's continue with more. Your calls are next the line becomes available. Eight sixty six six four seven, seven three three seven. Bill Cunningham, the Great American, with you every Sunday night. Stay com It's gonna be okay. Been through tougher the times. America is the largest gorilla in the cage.
Speaker 1: We're gonna win.
Speaker 4: It'll take some time. Don't listen to the media. They're rooting against the country. Democrats root against the country, University types root against the country. Hardly ever, the American flag on college campuses or a so called AMAS protests ever see the American flag. I don't think so. And so it's gonna be okay, and let's go to the calls. Now set up tonight's Peak show. Later on, we have coming up a guest on the expert on the tariffs.
Speaker 1: Coming up. A guy's name is Reposa. Does a great job. Had him on before.
Speaker 4: He's gonna explain why sticking with Donald Trump on this is in the best long term interest of the United States of America. The guy is fabulous, and we're gonna have later on Kenneth Reposa will be here. Also, Robert Spencer has written a book about the sources of Jewish hatred and anti Semitism and why it's metastasized on college campuses. And then also later on as Natasha Zuvez, Who's What News Nation to discuss an incredible story, this spiritual in nature. I think America needs to be uplifted a little bit, and Natasha and Zuvez will be here to talk about that. So we have coming up Islamic hatred, Why on college campuses? Why not elsewhere? We have Kenneth Reposa on tariffs. He's an expert on such things. And why they're good and Trump's doing what's right. Then Natasha Zuvez later on, until then your telephone calls, Let's go to that's Barry and Illinois, and then Mark and Monroe, and then thousands of others have a calls from Michigan and Idaho and San Diego and Canada, et cetera. And let's begin with Barry and Illinois. Barry, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Barry, how are you.
Speaker 5: Doing good? Billy?
Speaker 1: Give me a full report.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sure glad to hear you on the radio. After listen to some of these supposed conservative programs. I won't name any name, but they Oh, tariffs are bad. Tariffs are bad. I'm sure you know who I'm talking.
Speaker 4: About, some of my brothers and sisters. But how come China can sell products in this country to the tune of about a trillion dollars a year and we can't sell products in China? How come the EU was credited to come after us economically? And I'm old enough to remember the holloway out of this country that began in the nineteen nineties and accelerate it now is getting worse, and someone's got to stop it, and damn it, Donald Trump's going to stop and guess what, We're going to be better off for it.
Speaker 1: Now, please go ahead.
Speaker 5: Well, I tell you what, you nailed it because ross Puro I did not vote for the man, but he did say the thing about the giant sucking sound. And I had co workers that said, oh, we got to have NAFTA, got to have NAFTA, and I said, well, yeah, it it always works this way. We hold up our end of the deal and our allies and I'm going to put air quotes. They never do hold up their end. And that's witnessed by Canada with their treatment of our dairy farmers. And I'll tell you something else that irks me. Whenever these countries have got like a natural disaster, we send food there and the people that we send the food too, a lot of times they use it against their own people. And that is just if you remember Black Hawk down the Somalian war lords, they were taking food that we left there for them people, and they were doling it out so that they could control the poor people. And you never hear that from the news media. It's always America's bad, you know. And so that's all I had to say.
Speaker 4: Will barry, thank you and one other issue. In twenty oh six, the Gaza, which is about two hundred and fifty miles long, it's about eighteen miles wide, was the home of the so called Palestinians, and in twenty oh six, for the fifth time, Israel said, okay, we're pulling out completely at free elections. All the soldiers, the police are coming out. You're on your own. You got your country. The UN stepped up, Saudi Arabia, America EU provided billions of dollars in aid to Gaza to house, clothes, feed the Palestinians there. The government in charge selected by the Palestinians the Gazans was Hamas, a well known terrorist group. Instead of using the money sent to Gaza for schools and hospitals, nutrition for hospitals, what they did was use the money to build tunnels, go in the ground, incredible rockets and missiles to kill the jew wherever they might be located. And so it needs to be pointed out that when sixty minutes tonight did this hit piece on Israel, and they didn't make the point that terrible things happened to civilians during nasty wars terrible things happen. And the reason that is happening today Hamas started the war. Hamas could end the war tonight by saying, you know what, we unconditionally surrender. Obviously we've lost the war. Obviously Israel is won. We're going to put down our arms and please bring the aid in and give us help.
Speaker 1: We need help.
Speaker 4: But Hamas will not do that because the goal of Amas, it's a death cult. Their goal is to kill as many Jews as possible and their own people to pursue ends against Israel. And so if things end the status quo the Palestinians, you might recall, oh, there's some mild protest against the mass in Gaza, and the leaders of the protests were butchered and put through woodchippers, and the message is sent out, you will die for the cause. And I got a guest coming up later to talk about it. But in relationship to what sixty minutes Scott Pelley did tonight, and that is the goal of a moss is to kill as many Gozzins as possible it fits their political aims. That we should know that it is said that children are starved to death in Gaza by a moss it is said that children in Gaza are suffering missile strikes and dismemberments and death because of the behavior of a moss. It's not because of Israel, who's given the Palestinians now at least five occasions to form their own government. They picked terrorist groups to govern them. They take foreign aid, they use for their own purposes to hurt their own people. And the leaders of a mass said about a month ago that it is part of the duty of men, women and children and babies in Gaza that die for the cause of killing Jews and the AMAS charter. That wasn't point out by sixty minutes, but I just pointed it out. Your comments Bury if any.
Speaker 5: Well, Scott Scott Pelley is not my favorite journalist, if that's what he is. The man has an agenda, and his agenda is to make himself look like he's some kind of a savior to the world. And he's a total idiot, and he's been a total idiot, and he's becoming worse all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, uh, I like you.
Speaker 4: I can say if CBS existed during World War Two, I would like to see their coverage of the Dresden firebombing of Dresden in every major Japanese city before the Adam bombs were dropped.
Speaker 1: That saved a million American lives. I like to hear that what was.
Speaker 4: The treatment of German women and children at the hands of the Russian army And how did the German army treat the Russian women that they met on their march to Moscow?
Speaker 1: It was awful.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine one hundred and forty thousand Dresden, mainly children and women, being firebombed and burned the live in a couple nights by American bombers. If sixty minutes was around, then we couldn't have won World War Two. We wouldn't have been a winner in the Civil War. We fought the Democrats in the Civil War. The wars are terrible, awful human endeavors in which the innocent are often killed, wound, maimed, and raped. It's awful, and no army in the world is more careful about the use of their superior weaponry than the IDF because of the media coverage of what occurs. And every Gossen that is killed by the IDF is on the blood on the hands of Hamas they're the ones that could surrender tonight. But you see Berry, their goal is not to win or lose or surrender. Their goal is to kill Jews. And they've said repeatedly that we if we, if it takes a thousand years, we're going to take over Israel at some point from the river to the sea.
Speaker 1: We're going to kill them all. And that's the goal.
Speaker 4: So until the Hamas, the Hesbla both are ram, until the Taliban and Isis all come together and say, you know what, we want to live in peace with the Jews and with Christians. We want to live in peace with America, this world, that this war is not going to end, and Israel is the friend in that of states. Hew, thirty percent of the kanesseant in Israel is controlled by Muslims, and it's a multicultural Western society where women's rights are protected. You can't say the same thing I think about Gaza, or about most Muslim dominated countries, something like thirty seven of the forty are terrible places to live. How would you like to live in Indonesia or Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon.
Speaker 1: It's terrible Egypt.
Speaker 4: To be a woman in Egypt, you're going to be sexually mutilated by the time you're fourteen years old. No proper education of girls or women, but the media didn't cover that because it doesn't fit their agenda. I stand with the Jews, and I stand with Israel, and thank you.
Speaker 1: For your call. Let's continue. Got me all fired up.
Speaker 4: When you lose a war and your purpose is to save your own people, what has to happen is that you unconditionally surrender you one come in here. But Amas will never do that because their goal is to kill as many of their own people as possible. As the political ploy to go against the Jews in sixty minutes, played right into it again and again and again. Let's go to Mark and Monroe. I think it says Monroe, Wisconsin Market Mark, Mark, please go, Bill Cunningham, please go ahead.
Speaker 6: Okay, First of all, I believe the stock market has been long overdue for a major correction.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 6: As far as the tariffs go, the media is insinuating the US is using the tariffs as a retailiatory tactic. And as far as the US, we're really not being reciprocal because we're actually only equating about two to one ratio. In other words, we're taking about fifty cents on a dollar as far as what we expect to get in return, So that's not actually reciprocal. So I mean it's a big advance, but certainly not you know, equal.
Speaker 1: You know, one thing about the market is.
Speaker 4: The forward price earnings ratio, and the traditional pe of the Dow is about fifteen or sixteen going forward. It's been as high as twenty seven. Right now it's at twenty one. And so this was due for a big correction because there was six trillion dollars pumped into the American economy because of COVID nineteen, largely by the Democrats, and that was the bridge over the troubled waters of our economy. And six trillion dollars has now worked through the economy and it's coming out the other side. We continue to have these huge trade deficits, and you can have forward pees above historical models of about fifteen or sixteen, very long, right pee going forward is about nineteen or twenty some stocks eighteen or sixteen. But there's probably ten to twenty percent more pain on the dial before it hits rock bottom. And you and I know, if you're somewhat sophisticated, you cannot time the market you can't say, Okay, I'm an expert. I know when the market's going to go. Many people are gonna buy in tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday and Wednesday.
Speaker 1: If they do, they do the most experts.
Speaker 4: If you believe an expert, and I do not, I think this has got a way to go because Canada is not incentivized for a month to strike a deal. You can't have the new Canadian Prime minister running for re election in Canada striking a deal with Donald Trump before the election. That's how he's going to get elected by being tough against Trump and Mexico. Is Shinbaum is doing a pretty good job on the Darien gap, heal, et cetera. But nonetheless, China said yesterday morning Jizhao Ping had a thirty four percent additional tariff on American goods, which are largely soybeans that go into into China, so that his patience. Because it's not a democracy, the protest don't matter. There's no midterm elections in communists right China, and they're willing to take the long view and see if they can have more tumult in the markets here and pay for more democrats to act up to put Donald Trump under pressure. But Mark, I don't think Donald Trump responds well to pressure.
Speaker 1: Do you agree?
Speaker 6: Well, Actually, what I think. You know, the media it's going to try to take advantage of what I call a knee jerk reaction because of the last couple days. So their whole agenda is to you know, you know, trounce Trump, don't matter what that's it. So again, you know, if people that have better judgment can prevail, we're on the upside. If everybody's going to cave to this whole scenario, and you know, it could get really dicey, really fast.
Speaker 4: And if you're a stock trader, you have to understand you cannot time the market. You don't know when this is going to happen. Do I think that China, the EU, Canada and Mexico and America is going to strike a deal tomorrow, I'd be shocked. In fact, London said today that there's going to be a while and that there's a ten percent tariff irrespect of what's going to happen in the future. That's going to be the price of poker in this country. That means the prices in this country will go up a little bit. And then the tax cut which I went through the Senate almost during their vote rama over the weekend yesterday or Friday. Most middle class Americans are going to get a tax cut, which means that will offset the increase inflationary pressures of tariffs. Then within a year or two the prices will come back down. Well, Mark, do you think we have the patience to accept the idea that we must go through a little bit of pain for long term gain.
Speaker 6: To be honest with you, I would say no.
Speaker 1: I'd say no.
Speaker 6: Trump is a business man most people, and again I hope I'm wrong. Trust me, I don't think they can see the big picture personally. I think Trump does. If we can, whether this storm will be on the upside. If everybody flounders and caves to this whole thing, it could be a real long journey, could.
Speaker 1: Be six months or a year.
Speaker 4: In fact, if these tax cuts are not made by the end of the year, and there's going to be a four to five trillion dollar tax increase, so you take additional inflationary pressures, throw on top of it tax increases. Now you got the recipe for a terrible recession. But the Republicans control this, and I hope they understand that we elected this guy to do exactly what's occurring. And in fact, all these crises have started since Tuesday afternoon at four o'clock. Hell, it's only been five days. And look at the media and the Democrats have done in five days. I don't exactly, I don't know if we can last five months, but I think Donald trumple's stick with it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: The deep state wants him to fail in the worst way. So the pressure is going to be insurmountable. And again, you know, if our you know, Republicans in Washington, can you know, get a few Cahunas behind him and they actually take a stand. You know, that's what it's going to take. I mean, you know, we got to stop Cavan and you know every situation that arises, you know, I mean, Trump is up when he's taken the forefront on.
Speaker 1: All this and Mark and this has begun five days ago. I mean, Jes L.
Speaker 4: Ping is not facing midterm elections, it is not facing a free press, and he's not facing an opposition party that dominates this so called free press. He doesn't have any of those pressures at all. He can wait this thing out and fund more tumult inside of America, along with the Iranians and others, and George Soros. And what concerns me is that maybe we won't stay the course because it's good for the country. But I think Donald Trump will do it. I think Donald Trump is not running for reelection. I don't think. I don't think he can. He'll be what eighty three years old, and at some point, you know, Father time is undefeated, untied, unscored on and at some point we have a unique president, a unique character in office at the time we need him, much like the Civil War gave us Abraham Lincoln, the turn of the last century gave us Teddy Roosevelt, the founding this Republic gave us Washington Adams and Jefferson Madison Monroe. And now at the right time, God has sent the right kind of person to control the American economy when it needs it badly. America is God's representative on Earth. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday Night, gave a sense that the mainstream media hates Donald Trump more than they love America. You have a sense in MSNBC and CNN, Jake Tapper, Wolf Blitzer, Rachel Manole, et cetera are rooting against Donald Trump because they don't want him to be successful. They want him to fail. When he succeeds, they indicate it's a failure. And if and when he fails, that's even worse. He's like Hitler, he's Nazi, whatever whatever term you want to use. In fact, James Carvill said that we who support Donald Trump are similar to Nazi sympathizers who supported enough Hitler. If that's all they got, Trump's already won. If we stay the course, America, of course will win what God's representative on earth. The mainstream media roots against Donald Trump, hurting America, and that's their goal. But Joe Biden that covered up the truth about him because it amount have helped Donald Trump. The truth doesn't matter to the mainstream media. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday.
Speaker 7: Night, Willie.
Speaker 3: Buck You by Choice Hotels, Econo Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at choice.
Speaker 7: Hotels dot com.
Speaker 3: Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one, but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast exodence, The one and only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 4: There's the headline on CNBC that we're in a trade war officially because the communists Red Chinese has slept a terriff on US products between twenty five and thirty four percent. Headline scream retaliation. And Lutnick said today the Commerce Secretary, if that is what Beijing thinks passes for strong economic diplomacy, have added because he said, they're playing checkers and we're playing chess. The truth is simple, China's move against US is frail, desperate, and doom to backfire. Because it's not going to mean that Donald Trump and jd Vance and Lutnik and others are going to step down and say you know what, Okay, Jzau paying, Okay, you're right, We're going to play your game. No, we're not for starters. China needs us a lot more than we need them. In fact, if China did not exist whatsoever, or if their economy completely crashed, their markets they're opening in the morning are about ten percent down value of the Iranian whatever their currency is called, is now worth a penny. Stock That they understand, and I think business leaders understand that we are the big dog that determines what happens economically throughout the entire world. We're the best, the best educated, the wealthiest, and hottest consumer on the planet, having about a thirty trillion dollar GDP every year. I share these number with you a bit earlier. I got to get to the calls. We have thousands on hold. But America has the GDP of about thirty trillion dollars. The EU, which are twenty seven nations England, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, twenty seven nations total seventeen trillion, which is a little over half of US. And China is about nineteen trillion, they say, but I doubt that number is that high. So we're the big dog. Canada is two point five trillion trillion, Mexico is one point five, and we're thirty. But Canada and Mexico together and they're about fifteen percent of the American GDP. So we're going to make the rules. We're going to set them unless the Democrats and the mainstream media hate Donald Trump more than they love America. So Shijao Ping is hoping to accomplish with this counterattack and using the involvement of protests Saturday, in which supposedly a million people showed up. I think it was more closer to one hundred thousand. And the whole nation to argue about saving democracy, Well, do they think it is not democratic when we select Donald Trump to be the president. He announced these policies five days ago, and they're going absolutely crazy. And what Hijao Ping is doing, he's trying to look strong and brave in front of his own people and his party. Perhaps he should look in the mirror because they're not a free society. They're a mass murderer of the Wigers and Muslim small sect and they make sure that there's no protest and if you do, you'll be gunned down in the streets of Beijing. The China economic renaissance is dependent upon one thing. That is the United States of America. China middle class exists because of US, and Trump knows that Beijing is clinging right now to life. Their economy is in serious difficulty if their manufacturing sector continues to shut down. They have about a thirty five percent unemployment rate with those in their twenties.
Speaker 1: It's going to get worse. Losing US means losing.
Speaker 4: Job stability and ultimately the illusion that the Chinese economy is bulletproof.
Speaker 1: Spoiler, it is not.
Speaker 4: We will take China down economically, and now there's fear militarily. I spoke to a military general retired who told me now it would be a perfect time for China to attack Taiwan. I said what he said. If this goes on another month like this and the Chinese economy continues the huge hits with all their manufacturing and real estate difficulties, they have to do something to get the vision of their people off the economic failures of communism.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you suggest, I said, I don't know.
Speaker 4: They would attack Taiwan, and they're simulating attack almost as I speak. So that's a different issue. But American companies quickly can find alternative partners in India, which is more populous than China, Southeast Asia, including Vietnam, and Latin America, and we're shifting many of our supply chains and cutting losses. We're going to be fine without China whatsoever. India is a much larger market than China. That is stupid for jijiaoping to take the bait and the terror for our products. He now he can't back down. And another factor to consider that she may not is that Chinese citizens were given. If they were given unfiltered access to American goods, then China the Communist Party could not stop the revolt. Our products are better, well manufactured, well engineered, They're more innovative, they're more reliable than Chinese products. They've spent decades trying to reverse engineer American products and knock offs, etc. But they can't duplicate the freedom that God given, talents, the ingenuity of individual Americans. They're still in our blueprints, but they can't copy our brilliance. It doesn't work that way. Free societies do much better than those that are imprisoned. Much like North Korea, China is a large prison colony in which individual Chinese have given up their freedom in exchange for economic betterment. If they lose one, maybe the other will be taken down also. So I have ultimate faith and Donald Trump and Trump I trust to do what's right for the country and keep America strong and brave. But the media and the Democratic Party were not allowed. And let's face it, the EU exist to conflict with us, and they sell their products here in much larger numbers than our products can be sold there. You let Europeans buy American products. Now Europe's in big trouble. The globalists, doom and gloomers, are wringing their hands right now over trade wars. If there is a trade war, who do you think is going to win? You're correct, America will win the trade war, no one else. And this may go on for a while in Canada, which is almost irrelevant on the world stage, despite the fact that the Canadians think they're important. They have an economy that is dependent on us, and when their leader is re elected in what about four weeks or so, it's very likely at that point that there's going to be a deal struck with America and with Donald Trump. And I've heard some in talk radio talk about the USMCA, which is United States, Mexico and Canada, that was negotiated with Donald Trump in seventeen and twenty eighteen. Well, at this point one could not recognize that USMCA because there have been so many exceptions to it by the Biden administration that it's collapsed. A new organization needs to form. And if there's two million American cars made in Canada, why can't you made in Illinois, Ohio? Why not in Tennessee. Why not in Texas or California. It's California, by the way, as a failed city state. That's a different story. This is a war that we will win with the USMCA. There have been so many exceptions in the last seven or eight years that the reality of it doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 1: We need a new agreement.
Speaker 4: And at the end of the day, Canada and Mexico will do exactly what we tell them to do because it's in their interest to do so. And Mark Carney, the Prime Minister of Canada, is going to use his fight with America, and by the way, Canadians loath Donald Trump, but nonetheless he's going to use it politically to stay in power. So after that happens in about a month from now, then a new us MCA will be put together and there'll be more free markets. I believe in open and free markets. Right now, it doesn't exist. It is a misnomer for those who say that a trade war needs to happen to solidify the trade consequences internationally.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. Right now.
Speaker 4: They have our money, they finance our debt, and Donald Trump is saying enough is enough. We can't live like this because the nation we give to our kids and grandkids would be so fundamentally different. Well, let's continue in their calls later on. By the way, we have Kenneth repos is going to be here to break down the numbers tonight. As I look to my right, the dal Jones Industrial is the futures are down about nine hundred points, S and P down about one hundred and fifty points. The NASTEC is down seven hundred points. So the next several days are going to be rough until there's an agreement on this. And if you listen in the morning shows as I did with Lutnik and with the President who did that impromptu news conference in Air Force one, you know what's going to happen. It's going to be a little rough for the next several weeks. It's not going to end tomorrow. China, the EU, Canada and Mexico and India all of a sudden is not going to come here. Mody is not going to come here. And Okay, everything's gonna be fine. It's going to take some time. The media hates Trump more than they love America, and many in the Democratic Party is rooting for America to lose, so they can get power back, raise a lot of money through USA and other programs, and stay in power. There's a reason Democrats go into office with no money and come out worth one hundred million dollars. And some Republicans like Mitch McConnell, does exactly the same thing, and they understand that the more tumul they cause and the more chaos and confusion, the more likely it is in a year and a half Americans will put a Keem Jeffries and Chuck Schumer and AOC in charge of the Congress. In which case we're in deep trouble. Let's continue. We have John and san Diego, then thousands of others. John and san Diego, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And John, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing just great, Bill, how are you?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 1: Night to be an American.
Speaker 8: I feel like a great American that I'm listening to you here.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 8: So I think what China is going to do here is they're going to declare war in cyberspace. So we don't need a space force. We need a cyber force or a tech force, and space can be underneath it. But if that's the battlefield, that's where we do it. And instead of having these I'll call them inp gen z ers and gen x is running it. You can get the old boomers and some of the older millennials in there no young age to run it and go to war with China because that's where they're going to go next.
Speaker 4: Right, John, You bring up a great point that the malware put in our computer systems and our utilities and our cell phone providers by the Chinese. I fear they could shut down electronically this country because the malware they've put all over, all over And if that happens, all hell's going to break loose. Trump's not going to put up with that. And that's entirely possible that if you can't make cellphone telephone calls. How many times you've heard about a water company incapable of pumping water because of malware or electrical grid, et cetera. And it's very fragile, and that's that's something that could occur, and then we'd have to respond to it. No matter what it is, America will win in the long run as long as we stay together. The goal of the Democrats in the media is to separate us one from the other. They hate Trump more than they love this country. I'm talking about CNN, MSNBC, most of the big city newspapers, the Democratic Party, et cetera. They hate Trump more than the love of America. But you brought up a you bring up a great point.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because we have a navy for the water, we have the army for the ground, and we need the cyber force for the cyber space because that's they're already at war with us. Bill, They've been at war with us in cyber space. That's what's been going on.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no question.
Speaker 4: And you know, if North Korea gets involved and sets off one of those one of those electronic pulses e MPs, then all hell breaks loose. And I'm glad if we go into a wartime situation, economically or otherwise, I'm damn proud to have Donald Trump in the Oval office instead of Kamala Harris and Tim Woltz.
Speaker 1: Imagine that he is.
Speaker 8: Proof that this is God's nation right there. That's he delivered us Trump when we needed him. Who else could do this bill?
Speaker 4: Nobody, nobody could. What they put him through for two or three years that no other seventy five or eighty year old could stand up to being shot and then being sued. You had to be a billionaire to fend off the lawsuits. At any one point, he had dozens of lawsuits. Then he was threatened to be in prison, and Judge Chunkin in Washington, d C. Had the goal of getting him and diet And convicted before the election so she could lock him up in federal prison. That was the goal. That's what she wanted to do. And then we're like, you.
Speaker 8: Know what, I'd like to hear, to hear what the Democrats want to do instead instead of talking about what what Trump's doing is wrong? Okay, Democrats, what's your idea? What do you want to do? What all they want is power?
Speaker 4: Bill and any How about Adam how about Adam Scheff, Tim Waltz, Kamala Harris, Barack Hussein, Obama, Joe Biden, Hunter, Biden, doctor Adam All put them in charge of this nation security? What position are we in? We're done?
Speaker 8: Well, you'd have to Gavin Newssan's first, you know, get him in there.
Speaker 4: That's your guy in California. I guess Gavin news is going to run for president. He's done a great job in California, right, So let's promote the guy.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you know it's it's the safest and most prosperous uh state in the in the Union. Well, I drive rideshare. Let me tell you something, Bill, people aren't people are starting to turn if we're a lot more read than people think we are out here important dj TM, It's it's a sham. This could be it, this could be it. I have great American Bill. I'm glad you're on the radio.
Speaker 1: God bless you in San Diego. Thank you. Let's continue.
Speaker 4: It's something when I try to watch the mainstream media, or I watched Morning Morning. How about Morning Joe, who said a couple of months before the election, Joe Scarborough, this is the sharpest version of Joe Biden I've ever seen. The guy can do iamic pedameters. He spits upside down that this guy knows all the world capitals.
Speaker 1: He's brilliant.
Speaker 4: That's Joe Scarborough and Zeka Brazinski on MSNBC in the morning, and now all of a sudden they're flipping the other direction. They knew the truth, but wanted to sell you a lie to keep the Democratic Party in themselves in power, and you saw through it. I let's continue with more the line becomes available eight sixty six, six four seven, seven three three seven. Later on as Robert Spencer, who wrote a book about anti Semitism, where it began and why it flourishes on college campuses. Also Kenneth Riposa on the tariffs and as I look to my right that now futures are down two point three percent at minus nine ten. Then later on as Natasha Zuvez from News Nations got a fabulous story. I think about godly intervention, a nineteen year old life who jumped off the golden, Golden gate Bridge. Let's continue twenty two minutes after the hour. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday night. You know, I was born in a small town. I live in a small town. I'm going to die in a small town. I don't care much about the politics of John Cougar Mellencamp, but that's a damn good song. So let's continue. And one of the things that is part of the worldwide conspiracy against America is the coverage in this country of Hamas and what AMAS has done to their own people. Tonight, on sixty minutes, Scott Pelley went on and on about what the Israeli defense forces have done to injure innocent Palestinians, which the Israelis tried their best to avoid, and they can't happen in an all out war. From the Israeli perspective, their existence as a nation is at stake because five times they've turned land over to the Palestinians and Gosins, and each time they've been taken over by terrorists and uses launching pads to have more explosive raids and wars conducted against Israel. And this time they must completely respond to what's going on, and our mainstream media should insist in a mass being a terrorist organization surrender unconditionally because they've lost the war as a means and method to saving their own people from further damage, death and destruction at the hands of those defending their own country, Israel. Those in tonight's story with Scott Pelley on sixty Minutes, their injuries, their pain was caused by Hamas, not by Israel defending itself, any more than those living in Dresden, Germany, who were firebombed in World War Two. You blame American bombers for that. I don't. I blame the Nazis and the Nazi Party for having the conditions caught declaring war in the United States and killing American soldiers. So I would hope that our media would recognize that every injury in Gaza is caused by Hamas, who refuses to unconditionally surrender turn over the hostages. They still keep in torture them because they've publicly stated that it is our goal to have Israel inflict more pain on our own people. It fits their political ends and political goals. Most nations say, we don't want that. We don't want our own children to be killed because of where we put our tunnels and our armaments. We're going to put them in a military base. No, Hamas puts them in hospitals and in apartment buildings, so that in order to defend itself, Israel must respond by destroying those facilities occupied by innocent men, women and children who don't deserve to die at the hands of Hamas the hands of Israel. Let's continue with more coming up. First guest of the night is Robert Spencer. Put a call into him to talk about the book about anti Semitism, where it began and why has it metastasized on college campuses. And a little bit later on, as Kenneth Raposa has written our fabulous article at The Economist relative to tariffs and how Trump is on the right path. And also later on is Natasha Zuvez of News Nation about a classic jump from the Golden gate Bridge, a young man that lived, and now a lot of good is coming of it. That's the hand of God. Bill Cunningham will continue with you every Sunday night if i've Bill Cunningham, the great American. Of course, what happened on October the seventh, twenty twenty three is one of the scars on human history and the author of the book Anti Semitism, History and Myth and I want to share, with Robert Spencer's permission, the first couple sentences, which I think is very illustrative of what this issue deals with. The IMAS attack on Israel October the seventh, twenty twenty three was one of the most inhumane jihad attacks ever and reminiscent of the darkest days of the National Socialist Germany Republic. The attackers, glorified in their savagery against the Jews, invited each other to outdo one another to cruelty. Yet despite or perhaps because of the cruelty in the brutality that attack unleashed in the past year and a half, expressions of hatred for Jews that shocked those who assume such hate was the thing in the past. And Robert Spencer, welcome to the Bill Cunningham shows. Let's go back a little bit in time as far as to hatred for the Jews. Where did it begin, How did it begin, and how did it metastasize to October the seventh.
Speaker 9: Well, it begins way back before even the beginning of Christianity in Pagan Rome, when the Romans were annoyed that the Jews.
Speaker 7: Were not assimilating.
Speaker 9: And that's really in the pattern ever since that the Jews throughout history wherever they've been, have maintained their distinct identity, their distinct beliefs, culture and practices, and so they have run up against people who were hostile to them for that reason all through history. Today, the main source of anti Semitism is coming from the left, which as we know, is ferociously collectivists. You think about maos China, where everybody even wore the same clothes, and that's the ideal for the left. That's equity, you know, that everybody's on the same level, and so they don't like Israel and they don't like Jews for maintaining once again those distinctive beliefs, culture and practices. And so as the Left is making its big push in the West of these days, it has become furiously anti Semitic and anti Jewish.
Speaker 4: As far as Christianity, I want to deal with that separately for a moment, because I think largely we Christians I'm a practicing Roman Catholic, has overcome the vision. It's just anti Semitism that went on for about a thousand or maybe fifteen hundred years or longer. The Jews in medieval France or Germany weren't treated any better than the Hamas treated at the Jews. They were burned at the stake, they weren't allowed into societies for one thousand and a half years by Christians. And I heard the argument, the idea that the Jews were quote the christ killers played a part in that. And my boss is a Jewish carpenter, and I purposely have engaged the practice of law in Jewish law firms because I love, for some reason being around Jews and it's wonderful faith and family commitment, education. But describe how Christians dealt with Jews until most recently but even today that is a lot less. But describe the relationship between Jews and Christians.
Speaker 9: Well, you really hit the nail on the head there, Bill saying that the Jews killed Christ and saw on that was the plane. It's kind of weird that ever gained any currency, because, of course, we know as Christians that the fundamental idea of Christianity is that it's our sins that put Christ on the cross, and he is on the cross as an expiation for our sins. And so then to turn around and say, well, it's the Jew's fault that he's on the cross contradicts it seems to me, basic Christianity. And so that's one of the things that led to the fact that Christianity. Of the four main causes of anti Semitism, Christianity, Islam, national socialism, and international socialism, it's Christianity alone that repudiated anti Semitism and rejected it at the highest levels in every Christian group.
Speaker 4: That's an important comment to make. Christians said anti Semitism is awful, it's terrible, it's a sin, it's a crime.
Speaker 1: To stop it.
Speaker 4: There's pockets that practice it, but not many, unlike in the Islamic world. And I kind of liken it to an extent to the founding this country. For a long time time, Jews were not part of the American economic or democratic experience. Here in little Cincinnati, Ohio, there's a Jewish hospital, which is wonderful. There's Jewish private country clubs which are great, and so over the generations. If society did not let the jew in, they created their own separate identities if permitted to do so, and flourished.
Speaker 1: Is that correct?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's absolutely right, though. And the thing is is that when they did that, then they were blamed for holding out and not becoming part of the larger group, and so it became kind of a vicious circle.
Speaker 1: So where are we today?
Speaker 4: October seventh is applauded by the radical left in this country. I watch on college campuses. It's awful. And it's in the Midwest too, because the University of Cincinnati, which is about ten miles from where I broadcast from, had another incident a couple of days ago where Hamas supporters were shouting down individuals. And it's true in the Midwest but it's metastasized more in Columbia and the large campuses UCLA University of Chicago.
Speaker 1: It's horse there.
Speaker 4: What is the current role of Islamic relations with Israel and with the jew.
Speaker 9: Well, of course, it's tremendous hostility in the Islamic world to Israel and the Jews, because it's the very existence of Israel is an insult to Islam. Islam is a very earthly religion that is expansionist, supremacist, aggressive and violent, and it demands that Muslims wage war against unbelievers in order to bring the world under the hegemony of Islamic law. And the Koran teaches drive them out from where they drove you out, which means any land that was once ruled under Islamic law belongs by right to Muslims forever, and the Muslims have to fight to get it back if it is not being ruled under Islamic law. That means that there is no Israel of any size that would ever be acceptable to the Islamic world. And so the there's always going to be this war. There's no not going to be a two state solution, There's not going to be peace with Israel. Ever, because of these elements of Islamic theology and so as, the campuses have become dominated by the left, and the left sees Islam as an ally. The Islamic anti Semitism has become mainstream on the left and we are seeing it increasingly virulent and violent form.
Speaker 7: On campuses all over the country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you present it rather a dark future, but I think it's accurate. I can't conceive of Hamas or Boca Haram or Talibam or Isis saying you know what, let's live separate apart Israel. You do your thing, We're do ours. We're going to build up our society. We won great schools, great colleges, we won great middle class values in Gaza, and we're going to demonstrate to the world how our way of thinking is better than yours.
Speaker 1: And you point out that'll never happen.
Speaker 4: For those who want to quote the two States solution, explain why that will never happen.
Speaker 9: Okay, if you've got the religious imperative drives them out from where they drove you out. Now you understand this is not based on the idea that the Israelis actually drove out the Arab Palestinians. Although that is the claim, it's false. The Arab Higher Committee told them to leave in nineteen forty eight because they thought they would destroy Israel quickly and then they could get they would get the people, the civilians, out of the way, and then they could go back home in a few weeks.
Speaker 7: When Israel was gone. But that didn't work out that way.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 9: The fact is, though this idea drives them out from where they drove you out, is based on the principle that I explained before that any land that belonged to the Muslims belongs to the Muslims forever. And so because the Muslims ruled the land of Israel in the Middle Ages, they have a right to it today. And so there is no agreement that can be made between Israel and any Muslim states that would allow Israel to exist indefinitely. If they did that, then many Muslims would consider that to be against Islam and would fight against the government that may the agreement. There is no Israel of any size that is acceptable under these circumstances. And so as long as there are Muslims who believe in Islam and believe in the Qur'an, then there can be no peace between those Muslims and Israel.
Speaker 4: So you're saying, Robert Spencer, that the Qur'an orders that adherent Muslims kill the Jew wherever they might be located, especially in Israel.
Speaker 9: And that is the thing. It's not that every Muslim is going to do that, but yes, it is. It's an imperative to wage war. Just as a matter of fact. This morning, the International Union of Muslim Scholars, which is just what it says, it is said that jihad against Israel is an obligation on every Muslim in the world.
Speaker 4: Well, what is that lead? Because here in America there's a little bit of wobble. But I live in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, northern Kentucky. There's not many Muslims. There's there's one big mosque, and it's peaceful. It's quiet, except when exported from outside into this country. There's not too many examples of Muslim extremist killing Jews in America. Why is that the case.
Speaker 9: Well, in America, they know that that would bring more trouble onto the Muslim community than it's worth. Essentially, that it's one thing to do it in a country where the authorities will say, yes.
Speaker 7: Good thing, you did.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 9: We hate the Jews too, you know, as in any Muslim country where the Jews have actually been driven out long ago, or in many places in Europe where the authorities are afraid of the Muslims and are not going to prosecute them seriously, as in Britain. And so it's a different thing when you have, especially with the Trump administration in power, you have a very different situation in the United States. And so I don't think you're going to see many Muslims, if any, heating the call of the International Union of Muslim Scholars.
Speaker 7: But they still made it.
Speaker 4: It's consequences here. Other parts of the world, there's no consequence. How about this theory, I've had this for a while, Robert Spencer, author of a great book anti Semitism, History and Myth, that the Jew serves as a convenient scapegoat for the failures of Middle Easian societies. About thirty seven of the forty Muslim dominated societies in the world are terrible places to live. You do not want to live in Jordan or Egypt at middle class values, aron, Iraq, Syria terrible places to live. So the Jew is a convenience scapegoat for the failures of the policies of the governing forces in Muslim countries.
Speaker 1: And so like in Gaza.
Speaker 4: Now there's a little bit of a movement of the Palestinians living in Gaza is saying, we can't live like this. It's awful, it's terrible to Hamas. Look what Hamas has done to us. I understand that the bodies of those who said such things in Gaza were divided into pieces and put on their famil's doorstep. That this is what happens in Gaza. When you say that somehow Hamas should be taken out of leadership in Gaza, which was they about eighteen years ago the Jews left Gaza completely and said okay, you're on your own. Billions of dollars flowed into Gaza. It was used to build tunnels and bombs and missiles and rockets, not to improve the society in Gaza. But as far as my thoughts about Jews being convenient scapegoat for the failure of Muslim governments, what's your reaction to that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 9: And here again it goes back to the Koran and the Koran says that the Jews are the worst enemies of the Muslims, that the strongest in enmity against those.
Speaker 7: Who believe will be the Jews.
Speaker 9: And so anything bad happens, and as you noted, the people, the anti Hamas people in Gaza are getting killed. So anything bad happens, a lot of people they know, well, we can't actually blame the government will get killed. We can't speak out freely against this. The only thing we can do is really blame the Jews. And this is what the governments encourage themselves because it takes the heat off them.
Speaker 4: So you also have a few comments in your book antisemitism history and myth anti Semitism leads to genocide in America is not yet led there because we don't have virulent antisemitism. There are scores a lot in America, but it's not government sponsored. But in those countries that consider Jews to be like rats and mice and cockroaches, anis Semitism does lead to genocide.
Speaker 9: Correct, Yeah, absolutely, I mean it's obvious from history. It's not just the Nazis, although they're the foremost example, but you look all around the Middle East. There used to be Jewish communities in pretty much every country, and they were all completely eradicated after the nineteen forty eight when the Jews in the various countries were blamed with, blamed for and associated with the state of Israel and either killed or forced out of the countries, and so.
Speaker 4: The Middle East drained itself into Israel. Here's the Are you ready for the big question?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where do we go from here?
Speaker 4: Because I look at this point Israel is an advanced society, in some ways more advanced than America when it comes to military They have vicious enemies all around them. Many Muslim Islami governments will pay ransom to individuals that are dead who blew themselves up to kill Jews. They're streets named after the so called martyrs of Islam. And so here we sit in April of twenty twenty five. Can you tell me how it ends.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 9: I don't think that it's going to end well. I think that there's a fanatical hatred that's been loosed in the world and it's going to play out, and I'm hoping by this book to try to head off some of the worst of it. Maybe that's ambitious to say that one book can change things, But well, it's happened before in history, and the crisis is very advanced now. I think some people have dehumanized the Jews to such an extent that they would welcome a new genocide. And it's a very dangerous period we're in.
Speaker 4: You know, one thing Hamas said the leadership in Amas, who live like millionaires, by the way, and Cutter and other rich Middle Eastern countries that they said that they were asked, how come you locate your military basis underneath hospitals? How come you put rockets and missiles inside schools? And that's going to cause the unintended consequence of the death of innocent men, women and children in Gaza. And the answer was, they are part of the jihad. They should want to die, because when you die in this fashion, you have a special place in heaven. So Hamas and many Islamic militants want to kill their own, their own children, their own babies by putting their military equipment inside facilities, knowing what's going to be the reaction. Now, how sick is that most civilized societies avoid that. But Hamas and both a Ram and others demand that you die, your children be killed and when the hostages came out, most came out and were treated horribly. They said, basically, they consider us to be rice, kind of like mice and rats in the tunnels. So explain that theory that the Hamas will act in a way that will cause the death of their own people.
Speaker 9: Well, this is another thing that goes back to Islamic teaching, and the Kuran actually says the Jews say that we are a Law's children and his beloved. Then let them love death and that will prove see that they love a law, that they love death. They prefer life with a law in the next world to life in this world. And the idea of love of death is something that jihadis often refer to, saying we will win because we love death more than you love life. Like they're not afraid to die. They are happy to die because then they'll be with the law. And so they enforced that among their people. And you know, I remember seeing a few years back a guy who was going to go blow himself up. He had a truck full of explosives, and all his friends were outside the truck egging him on and telling him he was soon going to be with the virgins. In Paradise and how great it was and so on, and the guy starts crying he didn't want to die. It's a natural impulse to love life and to want to be alive. That's a basic human impulse. But Islam fights against it.
Speaker 4: It's a culture of death, it's not a culture of life. And I don't see how it ends well. But thanks for the book, Robert Spencer. Book is anti Semitism history and mytho its everywhere. And Robert Spencer, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show setting the record straight.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, Robert A pleasure, Bill, Thank you.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's continue with more.
Speaker 4: As I say often, the truth will set us all free. My Delly cunning into great American Robert Spencer brings out the truth about anti Semitism, history and myth and the course. I watched this evening sixty minutes and they did an awful piece really about what's happening in the Gaza hospitals occasion by the behavior of Hamas and its refusal to admit the obvious, which is they've lost the war. All it takes is for Hamas to say, unconditionally, we surrender you one we lost and come on in and provide aid. And AMAS leadership has said repeatedly that they're going to use them men, women and children and the babies Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip in order to have the bombings and the artillery shells fall from Israel onto hospitals, orphanages, in schools and homes because that's what they want. AMAS started the war, they chose war on October the seventh, and probably know a civilized society, which is Israel, has been more careful about not killing civilians than the IDF. But sixty Minutes has to act as if they have to be equal between Hamas and Israel, and there is no equality. Israel are the good guys and the mass are a terrorist group. I let's continue with more coming up next to mckenneth Riposa on the stock market, and so much more was his melting down is as we speak tonight. Don't Cunningham with you every sunda you.
Speaker 2: Know, Willie brought you by Choice Hotels, a Conor Rodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice.
Speaker 10: Hotels dot com.
Speaker 3: Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one, but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast excellence.
Speaker 7: The one and Only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 4: By Billy Cunningham, the great American. As you may know, all hell's breaking loose. And for those who have a little bit of a weaker backbone, they may be quivering a bit about the election of a Donald Trump, but yours truly is not. He's been saying this for years. He's implementing his own plan, and Vietnam is now going to dance to the Trump tuned I think Mexico will eventually all these countries will come around, because we can't keep living like this, in which our products are flowing not into other countries, but their products are coming into America. Of course, Kenneth Reposa is a great American. He's a seasoned business and foreign airfarares reporter with more than twenty years experience stationed abroad as a reporter with the Wall Street Journal, etc. It's been all over the world. Knows where the bodies are buried, and Ken joining us now is the same Kenneth Riposa, reporter and columnists for the Coalition for a Prosperous America and Kenneth welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. So this Liberation Day was Tuesday, and since then all hell's breaking loose in the media. You can't watch it without hating what's going on, et cetera. But nonetheless, talk to the American people about the tariff policy.
Speaker 1: Say during the.
Speaker 4: Four years of Joe Biden, what Donald Trump promised and what's the impact is going to be. Tell us where things were before Trump took office.
Speaker 10: Okay, so before Trump took office, let's go back to the early days. The origin story in twenty seventeen, right, that's when Trump put tafts on China, and the same guy said the same thing, the.
Speaker 8: Sky is falling.
Speaker 10: China's our biggest trading partner.
Speaker 8: It's going to be a disaster.
Speaker 10: They're going to risk, they're going to retaliate, they're going to kill American farmers.
Speaker 8: They're all going to go out of business.
Speaker 10: All all the story, the sky is always falling. None of that happened. Of course, farmers did get in trouble because Brazil China did put sort of a sanction on imports of American soybeans, which is the number one import for China in the United for the United States goods, and then a few years been the United's gonna had to subsidize them. Years later, maybe two years later, China was back to buying American soybeans at record levels, you know. So that's what happened. Then then Trump leaves office and Biden comes in. Biden kept the China tariffs in place. In addition, last May, he increased tariffs on Chinese cars evs. In particular, he increased tariffs on Chinese semi semiconductors and Chinese solar from mainland China.
Speaker 8: So Biden kept.
Speaker 10: The same policy as Trump, despite the fact that we keep hearing the media now and how it's how horrible it is. Of course, I understand that now this is a global thing, right So now they're saying, yeah, but China was one thing. Now we have now we're tariffing the world. So that's that's that's the second part.
Speaker 8: Of the discussion. And I can get into that if you want, Okay.
Speaker 4: So as far as the tariffs, tariffs have been employed by other nations on a regular basis to keep our products out of Canada, out of Mexico, and out of China because those countries don't want our products there. They want to protect their own farmers, manufacturers, et cetera. And is the number about a trillion dollars a year trade deficit with the world that America is not open to these other markets but their products come into do we lose about a trillion dollars a year in trade deficits at this point.
Speaker 10: You're close. It's a record breaking one point two trillion dollars now, And let me explain why that is.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 10: Some people will say, well, if Trump is so concerned about the trade deficit and wants to make things in the United States and manufactures domestically, the China taffs didn't work right. Well, the reason for that is because Chinese multinationals and Western multinationals that outsourced to China decided that they were going to make things in they were going to ship from Vietnam instead. In Southeast Asia, our trade deficit with Vietnam, which is a poor country. Their currency is worth the price of a sea shell at a gift shop in Cape Cardon in the summertime, does not import a lot of the US goods. So our trade depficit, which with Vietnam is now our fourth largest. It's one hundred and thirty two billion dollars only China. The EU in Mexico has a greater trade depth surplus with the United States. So our deficit, you know, I'm meaning you know, they have a surplus, We have a deficit. Vietnam is our fourth largest, so the China. So why did our deficit rise despite these tariffs with China Is because the multinationals that were sourcing from China they decided to source instead from Mexico and from Southeast Asia. So that's why, that's why the deficit rose during the taff years on China. And now Trump is saying, well, We're going to hit the whole the whole world now and see what happens.
Speaker 4: Now, why is the market used the term it's it's almost in correction territory at this point. I think one or two of the markets as we speak. The Dow appears to be down in the range of about fourteen dollars almost every day day since Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday is going to be banned. How come the markets is reacting so negatively.
Speaker 10: Well, the market always reacts negatively to these You know news on global trade disruptions, right right, and so of course you have. I'm not going to really cry that a bunch of European and Japanese institutional fund managers are selling out and cashing in on all time highs, or that even American companies and investors are cashing out on all time highs and sitting in cash. Or maybe they're buying let's look at this, maybe they're buying American treasury bonds and putting it in there instead, so treasury bond yields will decline, so interest rates will fall and the US government can refinance its debt.
Speaker 8: At a lower rate.
Speaker 10: Debt now is what do we keep hearing is nine hundred billion dollars I think a year in interest payments alone. So you know, we have a big problem in this country. Trump also wants to use tariffs to raise revenue so you could pay down the fiscal deficit. That's one option. Another thing would be to raise revenue to afford the permanency of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which Trump signed his first turn and expires next year. So you know, these these are these are all the reasons for the tariff. Now, if you want, there's two ways to look at tariffs right now, So what a Trump announce on Liberation Day? So he announced the famous reciprocal tariff, right, So then you've got countries that have high rates of forty percent and some countries that have lower rates of tents. So from what I understand is that the reciprocal rate is based on whatever the trade deficit is with that country and maybe also calculating something like non tariff barriers, and I want to get to insider baseball on what those are. Those reciprocal rates can be negotiable. So if you look at Vietnam at forty eight percent or whatever it is, that might be negotiated lower. Okay, but there's going to be a floor on that. There's going to be a floor. It's not going to so you keep and I think the floor is ten percent because if you read the memo that yeah, they read the memo from the White House, this is gonna they call it an ad valorum tacks of ten and then on top of that is an ad volarum reciprocal rate. Okay, So Trump cannot So you're hearing a lot of companies down said we're gonna go to zero, We're gonna we're gonna put zero tariffs. That's a de facto free trade deal that cannot happen. The United States is not gonna say, oh great, Argentina went to zero, so we're gonna go to zero. That's a de fact though free trade deal. Congress will and should get involved in something like that, obviously, because that involves labor and environmental rules, and that's that's a whole of the ball game. That's that's not how it works. Congress has to be involved when it comes to free trade agreements. And so you're not gonna go zero to zero. And Trump cannot signal to a business community that he wants to invest in the United States like we saw a Hyundai do a week or two ago now with record breaking twenty one billion investment. You can't signal to the market and in business community that we want to invest. We're gonna make it attractive to in in the United States manufacturing. We want to invest in medical manufacturing. And then on the other hand, say here's what we're going to do. We're going to provide some protection through tariffs. Oh guess what tariffs are coming off?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 10: You know you and I are not going to invest in that market because there's no stability, there's no surety.
Speaker 8: So he has to keep.
Speaker 10: At least the ten percent tariff that will not come off. That is non negotiable. What is going to be negotiable will be the reciprocal tariff rates. We might see them coming down over time, you know, so, but he has to be firm on the tariff. That tariff has to has to be signal to the market in discmmunity that if a country wants to go to.
Speaker 8: Zero, that's irrelevant.
Speaker 10: We're not going to zero.
Speaker 8: We're going we're going to ten.
Speaker 4: Now, one thing the media won't cover is the amount of new investment in the country. I watch everything that I can, including your friends in MSNBC. I watch that so you don't have to. And I'm hearing now that this is a this is an historical mistake. That you have the individuals like Jim Kramer an other saying he's going to crash the economy. But on the other hand, when I watch other news outlets, You've got Apple, you got a list of dozens of companies that have promised to in source all these manufacturing processes that in the past, what was made in Mexico especially communists read China. I kind of love the Canadians, but they've taken advantage of us for a long time. Two million American cars are made in Canada and shipped into here. Canada's maybe a different issue. There are friends, but in China's case, they're making large numbers of electric evs in Mexico to the flood the market when the next time the Democrats take over and so do you buy into the fact that long term this is great for the economy but there may be some short term pain.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, absolutely, I agree with that. The United States, the stock market, and the US consumer right, okay, and US political system in general thinks short term.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 10: At the same time, we always talk about our number one rival. Our number one rival isn't the French and the Germans. We don't even care about those guys anymore. Our number one rival, other than you know, there are friends. Our number one rival economically speaking and politically speaking and in a geopolitical sense is China. China doesn't worry about what they're what the Shanghai Stock Exchange looks looks like right now. They don't worry about, you know, the fact that their biggest EV company, you know is in the red. They care about that, they care about the long term. They're saying, when you think about you brought up EV's They're saying, if the Western world, the biggest consumers in the world outside of China, is going to go EV, well, I want to play in that market.
Speaker 7: I have a right.
Speaker 10: China has a right to have an auto industry. For prying out loud, you know what I mean, the Koreans view, the Japanese do, the Chinese certainly have a right to have one, and they're saying, if the West is going to go EVAs, then that's what I'm going to put all of my money. I'm going to pull all of my chips in the EV market. And so they have done that, and they have done it successfully. I will tell you the other day I was on a BBC program and during the commercial break there was a commercial for a BYD which is a Chinese EV company. It was a commercial for their SUV. I don't know which model, but you know see those in the United States. You do see them in Europe, in the UK. And yet at the same time you hear the Europeans constantly crying about their auto industry struggling because of all these cars coming in from coming in from China. Well okay, well, I mean they can do something about it, or you know, or they can or they can't. Then BMW and Mercedes and Volkswaga would just have to compete with Chinese evs, which is what the Western world wants to run on, especially in Europe, coming in by the trainload. And that's that's their prerogative. But that's not obviously what we want to do here in the United States.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, Joe Biden wasn't Joe Biden. He was mentally incompetent. We now know that from the books that have been written. But somebody around Joe Biden signed an auto pen and put tariffs on China. We do not want the auto industry in this country to collapse as the steal industry has collapsed. And so even Joe Biden chief of staff understood that the Chinese cannot build large plants in Mexico and flood the market with cheap evs and raise the price. Once we have destroyed auto plants and no more Forward and no more Salonis. Chrysler right now is a feon entity, and you have I'm a Chevy kind of a guy. But is Europe wondering what are we going to do because they are permitting into their country millions of Chinese evs to collapse domestic production and check up the price and put them out of business. The Chinese will say, Kenneth Riposa, if it takes a thousand years, that's okay. We've never had an enemy in this country like communists Red China that are an economic power and building a military power. USSR Russia had missile technology. They were never economically a competitor of ours. We're in a death struggle, I think with the communist Red Chinese.
Speaker 10: Do you agree, well, absolutely, And if you want to get rid of the political side, you can make it very rational to to to people. So forget about all they're gonna we're gonna go to war with China, figure all that sort of emotional argument.
Speaker 11: But what about this.
Speaker 10: China is a big economic power, obviously, but they're saying this still doing the same thing that the Americans have done for years. They're saying, see this country, see these countries.
Speaker 8: In our neighborhood, Central.
Speaker 10: Asia, Southeast Asia, maybe even Japan and South Korea, We're going to be Chinese corporate brands are going to be the ones that are sold here now. So in the future it's not going to be Microsoft Word or Amazon Cloud. That doesn't exist in China per se, but that's not going to be a market in Asia either. And then when the Chinese big you know, big bird there I think it's called the Komak, right, the Beijing the Boeing and Airbus competitor, once that airplane starts becoming you know, more trustworthy, it's not just the Chinese that are going to buy that for international flights and you know, large regional flights. It's going to be the Vietnamese and maybe even the South Koreans that buy it. And that's going to eat into Boeing an Interbus, which own that market for decades. So this is an economic power that rivals no one other than the United States. But let me explain you one thing about about the tariff party, because this is what this what we keep hearing all day long on the news, is that all the.
Speaker 8: Importers, of course, all.
Speaker 10: The importers at Walmart and Target, right, they don't tell you that the big the big multinationals, right, they're going to pretend that can and you know, you and I have a widget factory and we have to import all the chemicals to make our widget, and now we can't, and so we're going to go out of business. Those are the guys that are going to target, right, and they're gonna have us on TV and we're gonna sit there and cry. And I was a Trump supporter, and you know it's going to be a big, big surface. But here's something that they don't tell you. There are a lot of companies out there, by the thousands, who have invested millions of dollars over the years, including recently.
Speaker 8: And factories.
Speaker 10: And if that factory can let's say, make one hundred widgets a day, maybe it's only making fifty widgets a.
Speaker 8: Day or sixty.
Speaker 10: And the reason they're doing that after spending all that money on equipment, most of that equipment, by the way, imported from Europe or China or Japan. Because we don't make those large capital goods equipments that much. They are laying people off and they're not producing it full capacity because of import penetration. Auto workers do this, said this, that's why they're at Liberation Day. The United Auto Workers were there. Hey, we got we've got factories that are idle. We're not making cars. So when you say, you know, the importers are going to suffer, what about these guys I just described who have been suffering for decades and have gone out of business or have been laid off, you know, and in some parts of the country where treatments, drug treatment centers have opened up, you know instead, you know, so no one's ever really cried for these guys. And those are the guys now who you know. GM doesn't have to and GM doesn't have to build a new factory to make cars. They already had the factories in Indiana that instead of making let's say, four hundred thousand cars a year, they only make two hundred thousand because that same model is firing on all eight cylinders in Mexico factories.
Speaker 4: And when that changes, these factories can go to one hundred percent. It sounds to me, Kenneth Oroposa, as if we're almost in an economic death struggle that we must win, and our attitude can't be what's the market on Friday, what's the market on Monday? How's it opening? It's got to be the long view, which Americans have difficulty doing. But the Chinese says, if it takes a thousand years, well, Kenneth, we got to run articles everywhere. Happy Liberation Day America, Kenneth Roposa and with a Coalition for Prosperous America. Once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Kenneth, you've I got to steal backbone you do. I hope the American people also do. Kenneth, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Kenneth. God bless you all. Let's continue Bill cunning Him the Great American Live with you every Sunday Night by Billy Cunningham The Great American.
Speaker 1: Once again.
Speaker 4: I'm monitoring what's happening in the Far Asian market since Chaw.
Speaker 1: We say it's not good.
Speaker 4: Every market's down in the Far Eastern Asian countries by either one percent or up to seven percent, and that's rippling across the globe. And the futures marker right now is off twelve hundred on the Dow. Of course, it might get worse before it gets better, and it will get worse. I'm fairly confident of that, which is unfortunate. It's the way things are as Donald Trump has said, it's like treating a patient with cancer. You might have to get sick before you get better. It's like treating someone that has a serious problem, and all of a sudden we live in some instant society in which within four or five days all these issues must be resolved. And they can't be resolved within four or five days. It's taken us years or decades to get here. With trade and balances north of a trillion dollars, gonna take a little time to get out. I think the American people don't have the patience. As she shall Ping has said many times and many guys, is if it takes a thousand years, we will wait. And with Americans, well, what about the midterms in nineteen months? So we have an instant gratification principle at play. While some of our enemies, which is the Chinese government and Palestinian terrorists, have both said if it takes a thousand years, that's okay. Do the American people have the common sense and backbone to say this is going to take some more time. By four to one K may become a two to one K, but long term it is going to be great for the American people and for the country that we love. That's the question laid upon the table tonight. Let's continue with more coming up next, A little bit of an off beat story with Natasha Zuvez. Natasha Zuvez is with News Nation, a production of Sean Compton and Moore. A little bit off beat but you're gonna love it. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday.
Speaker 12: Night, by Bill Cunningham, the great American.
Speaker 1: Of course, News Nation.
Speaker 4: It's a source I use quite often for objective news and coverages of one type or another, and Natasha Zuvez is one of their great reporters. She's a broadcaster. She's also three times won Emmy Awards for independent journalism and things of that character, et cetera. And of course many issues are percolating, including what's happening with the tariffs, and what's happening with with trent To Ragua, TDA, et cetera. But in addition to that, Natasha has a new podcast out called Truth of the Matter. And there's a fantastic story posted relative to a Golden gate Bridge suicide that resulted in the attempted suicide not occurring. And Natasha Zuvez once again, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham show, Natasha tells the story because I know San Francisco's Golden gate Bridge is this side of just so many suicides, persons that have lost any reason to live. So tell the American people about this, about this person that jumped off the bridge and survived.
Speaker 11: Bill. It's an incredible it's great to be on with you again, and it's posted right now, as you said, all the new podcast, The Truth of the Matter.
Speaker 13: This is a man by the name.
Speaker 11: Of Kevin Hines, and he was nineteen years old when he said at the time he thought he was his family's greatest burden.
Speaker 13: He thought he was youth. Of course, nothing could have been further from the truth.
Speaker 11: He was so loved, but he headed to the Golden gate Bridge like far too many others, with the intention to die by suicide that day. And he says, you know, his dad could sense something.
Speaker 14: Was wrong that morning, but.
Speaker 13: He hit it all.
Speaker 11: He told his father he was fine, and you know, his dad dropped him off at City College in San Francisco, and Kevin says he remembers thinking, as my dad drove away with us, the last time I'll ever see someone I love, and that's the last time anybody I love will ever see me, But he truly thought the world and his family would be better off without him. He made a pact with himself, Bill which Kevin says he's now an advocate who has helped thousands and thousands of people who grapple with mental health issues. He says he made a pact like people often do, making these kinds of plans, and he said, if one person says, are you okay? Is something wrong? Or can I help you? I was going to tell them everything and beg them to help me.
Speaker 14: And so he took the bus.
Speaker 11: He withdrew from his classes, took the bus openly crying on the way to the bridge.
Speaker 13: Nineteen year old kid.
Speaker 11: He spends forty minutes on the bridge, tears streaming down his face, and then one person finally approaches him, a tourist, he says, with curly blonde hair. She smiles at him and says, will you take my picture? He takes her photo and catapults off the bridge. And that's just where the story begins built because he's overcome with overwhelming regrets the moment he does this.
Speaker 13: He follows two.
Speaker 11: Hundred and twenty three feet likely hits the water at seventy five miles an hour. It's like hitting concrete going in a car, a three to four second fall. And as he's following, all he's thinking is what have I just done?
Speaker 14: I don't want to die.
Speaker 11: God he saved me and he hits the water and Bill what happens next? Even for me, someone who's been in the business a while and done some grizzly investigations, I couldn't believe it until we found the proof.
Speaker 4: What is well, First of all, before we get to the prove, Natasha, give us a little bit of the social history of Kevin Hines nineteen years old. So many young Americans today appear to be lost, hard to get work, hard to find work, difficult to go to college, live in their parents' basement, live in their parents' house, difficult era. Well, what led him to the point of jumping off the Golden gate Bridge.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he suffered from mental health issues for sure. But you know he talked about something today which I think is so important, which is he said, we are so disconnected from one another. You know, he was a young kid when this happened. Everybody's on their phones now, and this happened even before smartphones.
Speaker 13: Took over, but he was like, we need to just look up.
Speaker 14: At one another these days.
Speaker 13: I mean you could.
Speaker 11: We could be on a bus going all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge and a nineteen year old and I he photos of him at that time.
Speaker 14: Bill, he looks like a kid, He looks.
Speaker 11: Like a little boy and openly crying. And not a single person would look up from their phone these days and notice that anything is going on. We need the social network, the community. The fabric is broken.
Speaker 13: And you are right.
Speaker 11: We are in a situation today. We're increasing and mental health has never been worse among our young people. They are sucked into their phones early. There are so many social issues, you know, the micro classics in their brain. Honestly, the list goes on. It's a hard time to be a young person in this country. And we all should be worried about the mental health of our.
Speaker 1: Children, no question.
Speaker 4: And I can't tell you how many stories they hear about parents and their children that go to college, they drop out. They go to college, they get out, they can't find jobs commensurate what they perceived to be their skills. And we have fens and all ways, marijuana use as ubiquit as so many young men, especially or on their phone for porn. They live in some fantasy world without developing relationships with girls and women.
Speaker 1: They also have gambling problems.
Speaker 4: You can bet on the next play, you can bet on ping pong in Ecuador. I saw this one story. You can bet on ping pong in Ecuador, who's going to win the next point? And you live in some fantasy land and it's completely unaddressed. We don't have a system to help mental health, especially young men and young women and girls. And when you say that when he was falling, he had consciousness, Oh my god, what have I done? It relates back to me when I had a distant family member who sadly committed a suicide, shot himself in the head, and then his significant other wasn't his wife. His significant other looked in his eyes and would he could hear him almost say what have I done? And he did this to punish her, and he's dying and he wants to live the same thing as Kevin Hines. All right, So he's falling seventy five miles an hour, two twenty two story building is what he fell into the cold, throlling waters of the Pacific Ocean.
Speaker 1: What happened as he was falling? What happened is he hit Yeah?
Speaker 13: Wow, what a poignant story. Thank you for sharing that.
Speaker 11: You know, what is incredible about him is how many people do not survive an attempt like this, especially jumping off of the Golden gate Bridge.
Speaker 14: How many of them?
Speaker 11: Bill had thoughts like this overwhelming regret. I don't want to die, God, please save me.
Speaker 14: What have I done?
Speaker 11: And Kevin is actually able to tell us this tale.
Speaker 13: But he hits the water.
Speaker 11: His back is broken, He's an excruciating pain. He starts to sink because he's wearing heavy boots a heavy jacket. He says, three miracles saved him that day. We go into all three of them. They're extraordinary. On the podcast, I'm going to tell you about just one of them today.
Speaker 6: For time.
Speaker 13: He says, something.
Speaker 11: Below him started circling in the water and nudging him.
Speaker 13: Upwards because he was thinking wow, And finally.
Speaker 14: It supported him like a.
Speaker 11: Table under the water for a minute. I stayed with him until the coast guard got there. When I first heard this tale, I met Kevin as a journalist in San Francisco eight years ago actually, but the first time I met him, I was like, we need proof.
Speaker 14: Now we found it.
Speaker 11: There was a man who was on the bridge that day who watched this happen. And you know, Kevin expresses regret today for all of the people he traumatized who were on the bridge that day who watched this kid vault over the railing and fall into the water. A man who was standing on the bridge, he was in another state now confirmed to me that he watched what happened and saw a sea lion save Kevin in the water. And then I spoke to the coast Guard and they said a separate individual came to the station later that day and logged in account inquiring after the young man they saw jump off the bridge, saying, the most extraordinary thing happened as sea lion circled this boy and stayed with him and wouldn't let him sink.
Speaker 14: And finally I.
Speaker 11: Found and spoke with the coast Guard officer who pulled him from the water that day, an incredible man by the name of Marcus Butler, and in his four years serving as a US Coast Guard at Station Golden Gate out there, he pulled fifty seven bodies from the water bill and just one live man.
Speaker 13: You can imagine.
Speaker 11: As soon as I said, do you remember Kevin, he said, yeah.
Speaker 14: He's the only man I pulled live from the water.
Speaker 11: And he said that what many people don't realize is that people often do not.
Speaker 13: Die on impacts when they fall off the bridge.
Speaker 11: Because it's an agonizing way to go. And he has not been able to shake these body recovery missions.
Speaker 14: He still has nightmares about it.
Speaker 11: He says it's the stuff from horror movie that you see out there on the water. But he says he arrived, he was like he's swimming. He's swimming and the lights which went off in his mind.
Speaker 13: But he's not a.
Speaker 14: Body with spree.
Speaker 13: This is a rescue.
Speaker 14: He said it was a miracle.
Speaker 11: And he says that animals were always scared off by the sound the boats make, so he didn't see the sea lion by the time he pulled right alongside this boy. But he said, it makes total sense to me because I remember thinking, how on earth is this is this young man lying on the surface of the water like a table.
Speaker 13: He's wearing long.
Speaker 11: Sleeves, close pants, heavy boots. He can't swim through stuff like that, He's injured.
Speaker 14: Why is he lying like this?
Speaker 11: Why is he lying perfectly still on the surface of the water and.
Speaker 14: Waiting for me to get there.
Speaker 11: That is Kevin Hines's story, at least part of it, the rest of it. As I said on the Truth of the Matter, he says, it's the gifts to be here every day and he still lives with these chronic thoughts that dogin. It's not over.
Speaker 14: There has been no cure, but he.
Speaker 11: Says he will never die by suicide today and he has dedicated his whole life to sharing his.
Speaker 13: Story so that others know.
Speaker 11: It's overwhelming regrets on the other side, and.
Speaker 13: Help is available.
Speaker 11: People can as I know you definitely want to get out there text for call.
Speaker 14: Nine eight eight. Help is always available though.
Speaker 4: All right, so this story's incredible, it's unbelievable, but your credibility as a journalist is unimpeachable, So you're saying, Natasha Zuvez of Truth of the Matter also News Nation that a sea lion bob underneath them to hold his body up below the Golden Gate Bridge before help arrived.
Speaker 1: That's what actually occurred.
Speaker 11: That's what actually occurred, according to two separate witnesses who saw it that day.
Speaker 13: They believe in animal likely as sea lion.
Speaker 11: It is possible that it was a dolphin, because I also spoke to a marina expert and from that far up, she said, if they look identical. But two separate people said, a sea lion circled him, stayed with him, held him a lost held him like a table under the water for minutes until the coast guard got there.
Speaker 14: He would not have survived without it.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 4: One might ask how's he doing his relationship with his family, relationship with his dad. Did the underlying problems that caused this attempt at suicide?
Speaker 1: Have they been solved? Are they better? Are they definitely is getting help?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 7: How did think?
Speaker 13: That's a good question. Yeah, it's that's a good question. And this is so important.
Speaker 11: Bill. No, the underlying problems have not been solved, and that's important. He will live with mental health struggles for the rest of his life, but he is determined to live with them. And I think that's really important because so many of us, and far too many of our youth struggle. The issue is not the struggle that he is resourced now.
Speaker 13: And he knows what to do.
Speaker 11: His relationship with his father has completely bloomed after this. In the podcast, he does and see an incredible account as his father seeing his father, his strong dad who rarely shows emotions, break down and cry in the hospital as he approached his bed after this attempt, and Kevin says he never could have seen the life that was waiting for him, his dad being the best man at his wedding, the incredible speech that he gave. He has met the love of his life who is his biggest support. And now they go all around the country. They are asked to speak to large groups both law enforcement, government, you know senators, congressman as well as young people, to share this story and share this account. This struggle will never be over for him, but he says he will never die by suicide.
Speaker 4: Well, and the story that I had years ago of this guy who shot himself in the head to punish his significant other for X and then he's dying and is looking as I was, what have I done?
Speaker 1: I love you? I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: He had the time, and I guess Kevin Hines had the time. They live, one live, one didn't live. But that is some aspect of suicide which is so final that just before consciousness is lost that many times the individual who's committing suicide is very sorry they did it. So you're saying, in Kevin Hines's case, as his body is falling and flailing from two hundred and twenty three feet a twenty two story building and he hit splat. Hitting water is like hitting God great And in those moments of consciousness he had such regret a three.
Speaker 11: Or four second and it's feared in his brain the most cogent of thoughts, What have I done? I don't want to die, God, please save me? And he hits the water.
Speaker 14: It's incredible that he's able, almost from.
Speaker 11: The other side, to be able to tell us that so many people cannot.
Speaker 4: Natasha, is this a religious moment? Is this proof of God's existence or simply evidence thereof or simply a Sarah dipitous event where a passing sea lion decided to save somebody?
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 13: Who can answer that question?
Speaker 11: I can tell you this episode just went live yesterday and all of the comments say God sent that sea lion, and I who am I to disabuse anyone of that notion?
Speaker 14: I believe it all right?
Speaker 4: More of the stories at Truth of the Matter of the podcast, Natasha and Zuvez we had planned to talk about all the big issues today about the tariffs and about more illegals committing acts of Mayhem and the fact that TDA is split into two groups. But when we started down this path doesn't give us enough time to deal with the other ones. But I guess I wish Kevin Hines, I do. I wish Kevin Hines and his family. Well, he's won in a million, one in several thousand. No human being can survive the fall he did for a particular reason. Hopefully his life will be led differently. Now, have you maybe in five or ten years check with him to see how's he doing? What has he done with the time given to him?
Speaker 11: Already done so much? And absolutely I will, Bill, thank you. I hope people check it out, the truth of the matter. And of course you know I'll see everyone on these nation Prime weekend starting at seven eastern.
Speaker 14: Bill.
Speaker 13: It's always a pleasure.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: And for those who need help you hit nine eight eight, Explain how that came about, because that's why we have to hit area codes now.
Speaker 1: But nine eight eight, how how much time? How many lives?
Speaker 13: It's so important?
Speaker 11: I mean so yeah, before it was a cumbersome process, and you know, siloed by different areas. It's so simple now literally call or text nine eight eight from your phone. Help is always available Mental health and suicide Lifeline.
Speaker 13: That is the message today.
Speaker 11: It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. And Kevin Hines, you know, attests to that absolutely.
Speaker 4: All right, Natasha, thank you very much, great work, and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Natasha, Thank you Bill. All right, let's continue with more. Wow nine eight eight, help is always available. And in moments just before your eyes shut, men, you who commit suicide have that look saying what have I done to myself? What I've done to my family? All right, let's continue. No cunning in the Grand American live with you every Sunday night. Hi, Billy cunning in the Great American. First of all, thank you so much for listening tonight. The DAL continues to be off about three percent, and same way with the S and P and with the NASDAG offul little more. The markets and the Asian communities are down four to seven percent or more. And the coverage of this event is going to be extremely negative for America and for Donald Trump over the next several days. It's not going to get any better. When I watched some of the new shows this morning, it was awful. I thought the presence of Donald Trump and Air Force One having an impromptu news conference was fabulous. I have more respect than I had for a long time for Lutnik, who's the Commerce Secretary, and also Scott Piscent who runs Treasury, to stay the course today, the course and the long run, America will win because we're the giant in the room with about a thirty trillion dollars GDP, and EU together with China, is about the same as our GDP, so we're the ones that can win this as long as we stick together. But what are the odds of America sticking together when the Democratic Party is rooting for the failure of this country and the failure of Donald Trump. When you have hundreds of thousands show up yesterday on the silly so called demonstrations, some resulting in riots, when they're rooting against this country, you seldom see the American flag at hamas rallies in support thereof seldom see the American flag at these democratic get together events bought and paid for.
Speaker 1: Doesn't happen they're working? Is the interests of America and essentially the mainstream media and most of the Democratic Party hates Donald Trump more than they love the United States of America. So we'll see what happens this week. I'll be with you again next Sunday Night. Keep at it, support the President, support America. If a trade war has begun, this is one that America will win without question, as long as we stick together, and the media and the Democrats willow that to happen. I think not. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday night.