Speaker 1: When your own government betrays you and still betrays you, and every congressman betrays you. Say what you saw, you really didn't see what you heard, You really didn't hurt here. Uh that's pretty that's pretty bad. They're calling us liars and Nazis, ands you haters our own congress. You know, i'd like to I'll tell you what. I'd like to call out Charlie Kirk and Ben Shapiro with this conspiracy theory stuff. If you think it's a conspiracy, debate me live on TV. I'd be glad to debate you, and my shipmates to be there too if you want them debate us if you think it's conspiracy theory or do you have the courage? I don't think you got the courage. I think you're cowards.
Speaker 2: I don't know for sure, but it seems as if you've probably had an opportunity to tell your story to the largest audience that you ever have over the past week. I'm just curious what has the reaction felt like to you, To you guys, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well thanks Clint h.
Speaker 4: First of all, having us on you know, uh, real privilege to get the word out and in the I can't I can't tell you the expression of love from people that watch that interview with Cantas and God bless her, God bless her for giving us a chance to tell our story. But it's been overwhelming and we're getting donations and you know again, we always need more donations for our cost to make sure we can get this done. And if I may, I'd like to say, go to Ussliberty Veterans dot org and donate. Go to the page, and you know you can buy shirts, hats, memorabilia, coins, challenge coins. It's something to something to be hold.
Speaker 2: To and and what what does that accomplish? Just so that the audience understands, like, what are you what are you attempting to achieve?
Speaker 3: And I addressed that, well, sure, go for it more.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, for fifty eight years, coming this junior eighth, we have been attempting I'll say that, Phil more than anybody else, probably to get the truth still and just to have the story put out there and still covered up today. Last week was our entry into the global world through Candae Owens. But our plight has always been to try to raise funds and they have been minimal, to say the least, until last week and our objective is to raise funds to fight legally in any way we can to get a congressional investigation for our ship because of the cover up. Phil, you may want to add to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's moan. I have been doing this for a long time. It's a lifelong dream to finally have the USS Liberty on the map as it should have been in sixty seven. But now here we are almost fifty eight years later, and we are on the map, and we're gonna keep on going. We're full speed ahead now like a runaway train and there's no stopping it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: We got over four million views with Canvas Interview and Climbing. We're getting donations and we always going to use donations, so help us out. We need the money, as most said, for many reasons. We do travel, we go different places, speaking engagements and things like this, and it's going to only increase with podcasts like yours, Clint helping us out here. So again, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely well, all right, So for those that have not seen the Candice Owens interview, at this point, I would like to do kind of the the one on one of this thing. You know what what happened on that day. You know, most people have heard from Philsol start with with with mo Well what was what was your experience like on that day?
Speaker 5: Well, if anybody's heard the other candas owans thing, Phil made it very clear that our ship was divided in half, so to speak, that we had a ship's crew and we had a communications crew on the ship which I was part of in ship and Phil was part of the ship's crew there to keep the ship running and all that. But in our world we were known as the spies. We were an intercept operate ship out there of high technology and so forth that was intercepting information that we could out there to keep up with things. So it was a part of us getting called into the Sana Peninsula when we were off the coast of Africa the week of June sixth or fifth or something like that, and we were esteemed our way to there, not knowing exactly what was going on. Phil really didn't know what was going on because his crew didn't have any access and I'll let him talk about that to our secret stuff we were doing. We only knew ourselves that we were going into possibly harm's way because there was a sixth Day War we didn't know what that meant. Okay, we were just young kids, and all of a sudden we're taken into this area of a gorgeous landscape. We did see bombs going off on the over there, because we knew there was a war going on, but we were in international waters and we were sunbathing, and we were absolutely relaxed because I was up on the top of the ship that morning in a basket we called trust Coom, very very secret basket to being information to NSA and to the Naval Security Group off the Moon each month. And we looked up. Me and another guy were up there, a shipmate, and four or five times these boxcar planes circled us with cameras hanging out the bottom, people waving with the Star of David on those planes. So we thought those planes were our friends, obviously, and and but what was happening is they were photographing every single piece of that ship down to a science, so when they attacked us, they knew exactly what to hit precisely, and in two straits of their jets, unmarked French phantom jets looking like they looked like delta wing MiGs by design, so we would think it was the Arabs and the attack. I'll let Peel talk about that a little more because he was up there to witness that. But my crew were the people who were up top sides, so unbetting and doing all these things at that time. And we had to go to our general stations when the attack started, and that's down underwater into our secret spaces where we did our intelligence work. And then Phil's crew was up on the ship and other other stats. You had duty stations up there were up there trying to secure the ship, save lives and do all that. So just a point on this, but yet we didn't know who was attacking us at that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a brief interjection because I do want to hear Phil's experience top side. But Mo, you said that you guys were essentially spying. What what I've seen as some of the responses as to why this attack happened was that they they didn't know fu friend or foe. But then there was also some rumors that, well, you were spying on them and that's why they attacked. Can you can you clarify? I don't know if this is you know, allowed to be discussed, but.
Speaker 5: You know, after fifty eight years of being covered up and being washed out as the government has put us, I feel compelled to tell the story. And we were intercepting anything, So what does that mean that if there was something to be intercepted, we were doing that. So yes, they certainly could have thought we were trying to see who started the war, who started that sixth day war, what was going on. But it gets much deeper than that as the story progresses, because we know that possibly our government was involved in it, and they truly it was just so malicious and so brutal that day of killing. And I say, I don't want to take away Phil's story, but there are two separate sites because we worked in spaces underwater and the attack was going on on top side. And then after twenty twenty five minutes, silence came on and the captain said, prepared for torpedo attack. And I looked at my buddy and I says, so, how in the hell do we prepare for a torpedo attack? Nobody taught us that in school, and we joined or whatever. And I looked at R and saw a table and I said, Jimmy, this just lay down around that table on the floor and wrap our arms around the table leg and see what happens. And the explosion the torpedo hit and blew a hole thirty nine feet wide and twenty four feet high in the side of our ship. Only because it went off on impact, it pierced the metal. It's supposed to pierce come in, imploade, explode and blow the ship in half. But it hit a beam and went off on impact. It still made the hole that large, but it saved the ship. So twenty five of us died in that room, but two hundred and ninety the rest except the thirty four killed Sir or there would have been no survivors of two hundred and ninety four people.
Speaker 2: Wow, So that that was the difference between one hundred percent loss of life and you know whatever, ten percent.
Speaker 5: A beam on the entrance of the torpedo piercing inn because when you see pictures, you'll see a little round hole. Well, come bring the water down.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: That is thirty nine feet wide and twenty four feet died and it came and impacted directly into the research spaces where we were. So there was the side of the ship, a little thin metal wall, ten wall, a ladder, a ten wall, and then the spaces on the other side, and with the linguists worked on one side, and the tech teletype guys and whatever, the Morse code guys all worked on the other side.
Speaker 2: Man, I've got this.
Speaker 5: When the torpedo hit, it took out everything inside the ship but that ladder, and we were underwater, black smoke, everything you got. You got your head up and you had about a one foot space between you and the ceiling to try to breathe, okay, with all the pipes up there and all that, And somehow we found that ladder and got out the scuttle hole there and there were about forty of us down there, would you agree with that, Phil, and twenty five died. We only identified one of those twenty five, and we went back in to clean them up, because the cleanup's another big part of the story. But I don't want to get too far ahead of as we're talking in the attack right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well, I appreciate that, Mo. That was fascinating, and I have a ton of follow up questions, but I do want to bring Fill in and and see what his experience was. So you were top side, phill Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yes? I was.
Speaker 4: I was in the forms of pair party Dammag's control assistant on Stine Leader that that was my g GQ station. But I do want to go back a little bit about the spooks, the spies. I've seen some things on acts in other places that these guys were giving information to the Arabs. That's the most absurd thing I could ever ever imagine. These guys, those spies were the highies, highly trained NSA spies, and they would never, never, never.
Speaker 3: Do anything like that.
Speaker 4: That would be treason. They wouldn't do that. So all that speculation is frankly bullshit. And another thing about the crew below, including the engine room, these men did not leave their duty stations, Clint. They didn't leave the ship like a bunch of rats. They stayed there at their duty station as they were ordered to do, and they paid dearly with their lives. But getting back upon deck, as most said, we could see that we could see the reconnaissance aircraft very visible, Star David, they dipped their wings. Everything was very friendly. We had not a worry in the world, and all of a sudden the attack began about two o'clock in the last of twenty five thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: So well, and how does the attack begin. Is it strafing runs?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so strafing runs by Mysster and Mirage jets. They dropped napalm on the on the ship and this went on for twenty five minutes. Think think about just think about just the air attack for twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's remarkable how they survived. Yeah, it's it's amazing that anybody survived, honestly. So the the strafing runs, how many how many planes are participating in that two two? And then is it the same planes that dropped the napalm?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, so those planes came in. I was top side. I was near a guy named Spice, the or male person who ended up getting blown to pieces with a direct missile. But when it happened, and of course looked up and saw the jets coming over. But the first thing they did is they hit the plane with anti personnel weapons so they could kill everybody up or maim or whatever wound everybody up on top out on board the ship outside there, and they did a big job of that. But then since everybody went indoors okay, into the spaces, then they opened up with their runs with the armored piercing. So then the rockets would come through the middle and the shrapnel would blow people to pieces and whatever. So I'm sure Phil experienced that, and he's got replicas of some of the holes in the ship. But I mean there were four or five inches wide, and so they were their intent was to eliminate all life on that ship. That ship was never supposed to get a message out. When I said those Wisconsints photograph the ship, they came on their straits. Not only did they hit those anti personnel weapons to kill people, they hit every antenna on the mask. There's wires coming all down and all these antenna's out on the mask. They hit the wires coming down the mast, okay, to make sure no antenna's worked, and they shut us down completely. But one of our radiomen, Phil Harbardier, had found a cable and Phil can echo this too, but he he did a hard wire and Phil finished that story right there of what he said.
Speaker 4: And all that right, Terry Halbardier did get the long wire up to one tuning antenna he had taken offline. For some reason, it didn't work, but he got it going, and furilessly, through all odds he got it going and Rockstar, Rockstar under attacked by no jet wrap help help us. And this went out over and over, and I'm sure you watch a Ganders interview. It went that message is picked up as far as way as Vietnam. The six feet of fleet picked it up, and who else I don't know. I know in Turkey, they picked it up in other places, so probably around the world. Clint is where it was picked up. And our government refused to help us.
Speaker 5: In the next step though, that one message going out, we did get one message back, and that was not supposed to happen, So that means that went out around the world, like Phil said, and our message back said help is on the way. Okay. That single thing right there gives you some relief that somebody's coming to help you out. And that never happened until the next day. And because of that, when Israel picked up that message, they picked it up that help us on the way. I could just hear him saying, oh ship, we've been caught. We've been caught. We got a message out and we better called DC president, you know, Johnson or whatever. Time. We screwed up and we hit one of their ships, and so they called the jets back and then I was on the ship of Admiral Martin, the commandant of the sixth Fleet, on the Little Rock, because the America was full of injured people. So five of us went on there and the admiral came into our space and said it was telling us what happened, and he said, I want you to know, I loaded four planes off the America with nuclear warheads on him directed straight to Cairo. Now he didn't have the power to pull the trigger, but they were in the air. But then when when they got the message help is on the way and they saw we got that, they turned it all off because they knew they'd been caught. And Israel calls in and apologizes for for doing this.
Speaker 2: But actually, I'm sorry, I've got I've got enerject because I did not follow that. I mean, that's such a such an amazing claim. You're saying nukes were en route to where because of who? And then they we thought it was.
Speaker 5: An Gypt attacktin Us. We didn't know it was Israel Attackinus. We thought it was the Arabs. Okay, yep, those planes were loaded and they couldn't land back on aircraft here. They had to go to uh to Athens, Greece, to land or crete somewhere there h to land with nuclear warheads on. But uh uh, that's how close. And Phil tell him about the Russians, what they were getting ready to do.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, just just one more follow up question. So you you're saying that the planes from your ship were armed with nuclear warheads and.
Speaker 5: Aircraft the uh the the Saratoga Aircraft Carrier launched planes to come and help us with conventional weapons, gotcha. And then the America launched four jets with nuclear warheads in case something had happened toward Cairo.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So so at the time everybody's in the dark, you're assuming it's the Egyptians that are doing it. Infect it's thee Israelis. Now the Israelis, as you said, they acknowledged the mistake at well, actually I don't want to interject. So what was Phil gonna say about Russians?
Speaker 4: Let me first say this that the United States you've heard a sack before, they were on their way, even before we got attacked, they were on their way to Cairo. Along with what both said about the nuclear planes, configured planes that were going that way.
Speaker 3: So it was a.
Speaker 4: It was a pre planned attack, not only in this government, but the but the design of state of Israel to sink our ship and blame it on the Arabs.
Speaker 3: Now what was the other question? I'm sorry, clan.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's that's I mean, that's the meat of this really is that you know the what it appears to be, and if you're correct that in fact those those planes were en route to Cairo, that this is a false flag attack perpetrated by the Israelis with the knowledge of the American government, with the intention of giving casaspelli for US to intervene on behalf of the Israelis, even though we are losing American troops as a as a direct consequence of the actions of the Israelis. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: I would say, that's correct, Yes, yes, Can I.
Speaker 5: Explain the USS liberty incident? Sure?
Speaker 6: The US liberty incident is very frequently used by anti Semites. You suggest that Israel deliberately targets American ships and then has no penalty. So both American naval records and Israeli Air Force records suggest that there was a case of mistaken identity where in US is liberty was in the Mediterranean in a place they were not supposed to be. Israel thought that it was an Egyptian ship and shot it. That's that's the actual full story.
Speaker 2: That's fucking crazy, guys. I mean like, yeah, that's that's such an unbelievable story. And obviously I do I do lean in your direction. I tend to believe that everything that you're saying.
Speaker 5: We came within six minutes of a potential nuclear holocaust. Yeah, and I was saying to feel about there. Phil said there was a Russian submarine in the area that was prepared to wipe out Israel had this broken loose.
Speaker 2: So wow, so we were going to strike Egypt. The Russians were going to strike Israel.
Speaker 5: Well I can't say that sure, but Phil has that information.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, well yeah, the uh uh the commander of the sub uh, he was be lost. And I might add there were two other submarines around too, the amber jack and the Jackson, but uh they were they were they had to get a reflected shield or something they could they could hit. And it was, uh the dome, the Golden Dome there and uh that was that was it, and it was it came close. By the grace of God, we didn't think and you know, with five torpedoes coming at you and all the other damage they did, and then for that torpedo could to hit that I beam. Uh, it was not by accident. It was all by the grace of God in my view. Uh, that kept us alive for moments like this to tell the truth of even at our old age. I mean, hey, I'm only seventy I'll be seventy eight tomorrow. I think most forty four now.
Speaker 3: But you look a.
Speaker 2: Most aging slurer. Yeah, no, this is a I mean, this story, this story is astonishing, honestly, and I mean just to prove it out, because I think a lot of people in the audience will be completely caught off guard by the claim, and many will just immediately dismiss this. What evidence do you have, aside from your own personal experience, is to demonstrate that this is in fact true, that we were, that this was a joint operation by the American government to essentially execute American troops just to justify our engagement in a war. How can we prove that to my audience.
Speaker 4: Well, you can prove it by going to the more report. Almas Moore a fair support of ours, Admiral Arley Burke, General Ray Davis a Medal of Bond recipient. He had a crew of dedicated people to get the truth out, to do the more report now Admiral Moore. Admiral Moore was a very decorated, highly decorated Navy pilot. He was the only admiral to serve in the Southern and the Pacific fleets, not at the same time, but he was a supreme commander of both of them. Then he rose to the rank of four star admiral and became Chairman of the Chiefs not once but twice. And he said to everybody, I will never ever ever believe the excuse by the Israelis or America LBJ that it was a mistaken identity. And he has urged the Congress over and over again to investigate the USS liberty. But the bought and paid for a congressman and Congress in sixty seven and now won't touch this with a ten foot poll because they get elected with a PAC money. Just check the congressman out. I have how many up and take a PAC money. They're a foreign government. They should be listed as a foreign government. You cannot take money from a foreign government.
Speaker 3: For an election. That's influenced Padley and it's very clear. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, their argument is that it's American Israeli, so it's you know, for Israelis that live in America, it's their interest. But I have to agree. I think that the influence of you know, any foreign government or you know, having a loyalty to another nation above your own is very concerning, particularly when we are you know, Israel is in a multitude of wars right now, and the best I can tell, we're funding a huge percentage of it, and we seem to be one of the few countries on Earth that is still not willing to question any of their actions no matter what. And it makes you go, well, why why why are we the only nation on earth that still believes that? And then if you if you add in this dynamic where as you, if you guys are correct, which I tend to believe you are, that in fact, it was our government working along with the Israelis to attack you guys, well, then that is I don't know what else to call it aside from treason? Am I wrong? I mean to attack your own men to the benefit of a of a different country, Like what would you guys call it?
Speaker 5: We agree, and I can tell you that because probably fill and I've been together and maybe getting a little side tracked with some things. But we have Lyndon Johnson on tape saying, uh, Lett s ob sink, I will not jeopardize our relationship, my relationship with Israel. And you know that. And there again, nobody knew who was attacking us, So how did he know it was his? Nobody had identified anything. And he says, I will not jeopardisma. So we know he and Mac and Meer are in on the deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they knew. And I mean what what's always weird to me is it seems as if they can propagandize us in a different way, like why why would they have to kill dozens of Americans. It's just it just seemed just lie to us about something else. Don't kill our guys, Like what are you? What the fuck are you people doing? It's insane? I mean, how how have you guys dealt with this? As I know this is a long time ago, but I from my own experience of all of my friends that joined the military, they go in there, you know, bright eyed, bushytailed their they're patriotic, red white and blue all day, and and they would to have this realization would just be devastating emotionally for them. How have you guys handled this? You know, these revelations, I'd like to ask talk to you.
Speaker 5: I'd like to ask Phil to talk to you about the admirals that came on the ship, and that will kind of set the stage. It told us how please go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, several days out at sea after the attack, I think it was two days, Admiral Moore, excuse me, Admiral Isaac Kidd and his jag officer Ward Boston came aboard the ship and he interviewed all the people over there. It was pretty much a skeleton crew at that time because they they airlifted all the wounded off and as most said, he went to the what ship was it?
Speaker 3: More?
Speaker 4: You went to Little Rock and most of right, Little Rock and most of them went to USS America where they were sent off to Germany or wherever for more definitive care. But Admiral Kid got us in different groups in orders never to say anything about it, with many penalties finds prisoner worse. We all knew what worse meant, because he meant business and he was very kind to us, Clint, He was very very kind to begin with, took coffee stars and says, hey, I'm just like your dad, temporary everything he saw and I did. I said, well, how come help and everything to come to us? And they shot the life rafts up. They killed all my buddies on the on the deck or shot them up. And look at the.
Speaker 3: Men in the hole that were dead.
Speaker 4: We didn't know how many, how many, how many cts were down there dead? Thank god, there was only twenty five. And I really, I really hate to say that only twenty five. I mean, these are young, beautiful, great patriots, men doing their duty for their country. And for them to get cut down like that when they could have been rest from that. If Johnson want to let the aircraft come to us, and if you haven't seen sacrifice from Liberty, you must see it's on rumble sacrifice in Liberty. And uh there's a pilot on there. His name escapes him right now, but he says he was on route to us Flint. And he says, well, we're up here, we're up here, you know, we'd like to go see how they're doing. How they're doing. He says, now, just turn around and come to base. If they allowed those pilots to get to us. Twenty five American souls would still be alive today and they were sacrificed. Well, we were all sacrificed. But as I said before, by the grace of God, we're here now to tell the truth.
Speaker 3: And it's spent a long time coming.
Speaker 2: So how many people died during the attack, and then you're saying twenty five additional died because of the delay in care?
Speaker 5: No, No, that the attack happened all in a two hour span or hour and a half span, but there was a law in between. But the torpedo hit during the attack. Okay, So all the thirty four deaths all happened within that one hour, one and a half hour period of time. In all, one hundred and seventy four men were wounded. Ye like Phil myself. When I got out of the hole, there was a helicopter hanging over the ship with machine guns pointed at us. The whole bridge was on fire from the napalm, and the captain's leaning over the bridge up up top asking for people to come up and help put out the fires. And this helicopter what they throw a bag with an origin in it, and it says, do you have any do you have any casualties, and the captain flips from the bird and tells them to go. But we kind of now know that Mushi Diane, the actual head of the of the Israeli Defense Forces, the guy with the patch on his eye, he was on that helicopter. No way, Yeah he was.
Speaker 2: Diane was on the fucking helicopter as you guys are burning.
Speaker 5: I got that information probably in the last three months. But uh, yeah, that he was witnessing this. And uh, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I mean, this is infuriating. I know this happened to you, so I can't even imagine the emotion that you're dealing with. But just imagine from from a regular you know, American born in the eighties to hear this, I mean that, like, this is unfucking believable. Gentlemen, How how how has this? How has this been kept a secret for this long? It just seems impossible. I know it. I know it's a cover up, but like, where where is the fourth estate? Where is the investigative journalist to to really iron this case out? Where are the allies? I mean, are there any There's no politics that are really going to bat for you guys. Nobody wants to step up.
Speaker 3: There has there has been in the past.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know Traffickant, McCluskey, and and and several others.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just.
Speaker 4: The the blackout is so complete and it's still blacked out, very very complete. But we're we're kind of zipping that thread away. But uh, the media. Who owns all the media?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Who owns all the Congress? Ah, it is very very hard to get anything done without the media. Now what we have now with people like you Clinton, others, many great people doing podcasts. Uh, that's where the truth is coming out. Without the podcast, we'd be dead in the water. We wouldn't have a shot. Yeah, But with your guys that's going on.
Speaker 2: Well, my hope is I'll post this on X Joe Rogan follows me. We'll see if if Joe picks this up, and if he if he has you guys on things changed dramatically, very quickly, because I think that's a tipping point at which you cannot ignore your story and people will have to give answers. But I want to go back to the emotional you know, tumult of the past fifty years. What after you talk to that admiral, he tells you to shut up, basically at the cost of, you know, tremendous consequences if you refuse. How do you respond immediately after? I mean, you just watched your friends die. I can't imagine it's easy to bite your tongue.
Speaker 4: Well, when he told us, it just wasn't. Maybe it was four or five other people, and you know, he could have probably done it over the one MC and talk to everybody at the same time, but it was they didn't want that. They intimidated, intimidated.
Speaker 3: All of us.
Speaker 4: So his his reaction to me was, do you understand what I'm telling you?
Speaker 3: I said, yes, Sir, I do.
Speaker 4: And I kind of kept that in me most of the years into about eighteen seventeen, eighteen years after the fact, and then there's a USS Liberty Veterans Association, and I found out about that through Stan White mastertiche stand white and greeting and being with my shipmates and hearing their stories and their heartache, the depression, the PTSD, the nightmares. That's bad enough, but when you get stabbed in the back by your own government and hire Israel to do it, the hit men, it's hey, Clint, It's just like I see somebody I see somebody kill you on the street, and I go straight to cops and I got this guy in custody. I takes been custody myself. They interrogate him, and then they let him go. He says, well, he sounds a little bit more credible than you. So that's exactly what's happening.
Speaker 3: What about what.
Speaker 2: About for you?
Speaker 4: Mo?
Speaker 2: How has this been emotionally? I know tough veterans don't like to talk about emotions, but this has to have been hard.
Speaker 5: It's been very emotional, and I going back into the gain. I can't thank you enough forgivness. It's warum today to let people know because in all these fifty some years, we were all threatened with our lives and so forth. So we were calm and silent for fifteen years. There was not a peep out of any human. I wouldn't go to the doctor even though I was I was injured. Since that point, I've had probably fourteen major operations, my most recent this summer at Cleveland Clinic on my back, and it took me fifty six years to get benefits from the government because they told me that I was lying, that the attack didn't even happen. They changed my DD two fourteen to take us as liberty, take everything out of there except the only thing they had to leave on there was the word purple heart. And you can't get a purple heart unless you've been in combat.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: And so I mean there's been a tremendous amount of suffering. You're talking to Phil and I. We have some of our sanity left, but we live and breathe this. I'm very active with the Liberty Veterans Association as Phil as our president. And you can't imagine the suffering to some of our people. There's a video out called Sacrificing Liberty and it's a four hour documentary, so it's in forty diferent sections, so you can take your time watching it. But I will tell you Sacrificing Liberty is us telling our story. It's not other people telling about us. It's us telling our story. And you know, how long do we have in a few more minutes?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we've got another you know, fifteen or so. I just want to get you guys out on time for your next interviews because your your docket is full full right now.
Speaker 5: There's a lot after this attack that's the thing. There's so much after in other words, the next or that the next morning, and we had a law of seventeen hours with nobody there. Okay, we had one doctor on there that saved so many lives, and he was shot up and sewed himself up so he could work, and Phil spend time working with him on people. We all sat on the mess decks trying to save lives all night. I mean, holding a straw in the guy's mouth to keep the blood out of his throat and so forth, with two holes in his head. I mean, it's it's it's you can't imagine.
Speaker 2: No, I literally can't.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine twenty year old kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know, and everybody on there is is around that age for the most part. It's it's uh. I mean honestly, if I if I think about it too deeply, I'll get emotional. So I'm just gonna let you keep talking.
Speaker 5: Plus camp, none of us had a gun. If we'd have had sticks, we'd have thrown it at them, right, Okay, So, uh.
Speaker 2: So you're you're strictly there on a reconnaissance mission. You're not there to fight at all.
Speaker 5: No, there, we had four fitted calibers on our on our ship, wrapped and rushed in and wrapped you know right.
Speaker 2: Well, the reason I ask is because there's no there's no real possible justification for thinking that you are an imminent threat that deserves to be attacked. I mean, the the only explanation is that either A they think your surveillance and they attack you on their own volition, or B the American government and the Israelis allow this to happen as uh, you know a bottle.
Speaker 5: We were free from our general quarters practice and it is filled to you. Many people were sunbathing on the deck when the jets hit, so they think we were expecting anything. We expected protection from them. But I wanted to go to after the attack. I went on the little Rock. I was there for a few days, and then I flew back and this is where do you want to go? I said, I want to go back to my ship. I want to be with the ship. So the ship took eight days or six days to get to Malta. That's where we went into dry dock in Malta to empty all the water out of the ship, to clean it out, get all that so we could go get the bodies, the twenty five bodies that were still in there for eight days, slashing around that water decay, I mean, and all that. So then I went back to the ship and a guy ron Kuckle, was ahead of all the getting all the bodies out, and I got there just as they were doing a lot of that, and I helped with some of that. I didn't go down there, And actually they went down there in that hole and found everybody and tried to put pieces together. He called it like putting a puzzle together, to put these bodies together to tell who they were or whatever that were down there. The smell. Then I stayed in that hole because I had to see a top secret clearance so I could go in there. Phil still couldn't go in there, okay, And we went in there to clean up our machines and all that stuff or whatever or throw things out. And I will tell you, twenty five days into my thirty days in Malta, we were finding body parts and air conditioner events and still finding everything. I had my brother's class ring on and he didn't killed the year before.
Speaker 3: He was on.
Speaker 5: The Saratoggar aircraft carrier. But anyway, his ring blew off and then were that machinery, big big receivers, you know, to intercept with big boxes that were still intact. We'd open them up and we found eyeglasses. I found the class room inside of one of these machines or whatever. So the implosion had expanded everything or whatever. And then people's glasses and all their stuff flew off their bodies. And uh, the impact, the impact we took must have. It had to be just profound. But there again, had it not hit that beam, none of us would even had a clue.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, and and and if if that beam isn't hidden and you're you know, everybody's killed that you two aren't here to talk to me today, which is well.
Speaker 5: Pierces implodes and explodes.
Speaker 2: And then it sinks. Yeah, So what is your belief as to who they intended to blame? I assume the Egyptians, I.
Speaker 5: Would think so, wouldn't you, Phil?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, I think that was the whole whole plan all along.
Speaker 4: Is to sink as fast and blame it on Nasser or the Arab neighbors. Because listen, Clint, Uh, this is nothing more than a land grab, and we stopped it.
Speaker 3: In fact, I believe in.
Speaker 4: My heart and soul, And I think probably the rest of my ship makes including Mo, believe that we saved not only our ship by the grace of God, but we saved humanity for millions and millions of people being blown to bits by a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, there's there's a really compelling argument that you're right as and and even more disturbing is that for that to have occurred, for humanity to have, you know, hung on the brink as as close as it was, and for no one to care or listen or believe you. I mean, that's us unreal. I mean it's unreal. Just for clarification, how many, how many survived? How many parish that day?
Speaker 5: Thirty four died?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Phil, Yeah, Yeah, thirty thirty four were k i A and one hundred and seventy four wounded out of a crew of two hundred and ninety four souls, So either two thirds of the ship was either dead or wounded. And I'm talking Clinton. Some of these people were so badly wounded it was extremely hard not to break into tears every time you saw one of them.
Speaker 2: And it was just incredible how many, how many survivors are with us today? Do you guys.
Speaker 5: Know, I think there's less than one hundred. I know there's less than one hundred. We spend our months now, you know, burying our friends, our shipmates and honoring them with the wreath or whatever that we do. We try to keep up with everyone that passes, and we have a newsletter every every four months that we send out and keep our people, our supporters, you know, with that type of news and so forth. But it's I don't know. And we have some have never come last year. Every year, every reunion we have we try to have the last four years we've had him, somebody new comes right Phil, somebody a shipmate that we haven't heard from, comes new, and it's overwhelming for us because they have harbored up for fifty seven years, not having a clue what's going on, but harbored all this themselves. And we have a guy named Rodney. It came out three years ago or so, and he's a good friend of mine from West Virginia. But anyway, he he's blossomed, hadn't it. Oh yeah, absolutely, He's around his ship nice and he couldn't he couldn't talk about his wife, never even knew about the attack. He took it literally for that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are tough man. That's the that's the reality I would be. I would be broken by it, no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: Well, uh, we were broken for a while and until we all got together. Then then all became We could tell each other the way we felt, and we weren't scorned or laughed at. And I might add, last year, if we dedicated a beautiful monument that was made here right in Colorado City Ridge, Colorado.
Speaker 3: Uh, all marble.
Speaker 4: It was made out of the same marvel that all all the monuments are made out in d C. But we wanted to have the Navy take it, the Naval Museum. They refused it, and then we asked now Security Agency to take it, and they refused it.
Speaker 3: Then we asked the.
Speaker 4: My goodness, it was I forget, but it was another another group, Oh, the Cold War Museum.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they refused it.
Speaker 4: And finally through Terry McFarland, he kept on working and working. He lives out on the East coast and knows a lot of people. But he got a hold of Post forty eighth nine in Tide Water, Virginia, and Nate gladly accepted it.
Speaker 3: And our own government didn't what yeah.
Speaker 4: VFW, excuse me, but our own government didn't want it, but the veterans of forty eighth nine did. And I might also say this is a very important and the American legion of our country. One of my shipmates in jail, Ernie Gallo and him went to the national Convention. The the LVA sentema check MOA know more about that, and they said they never received it. And uh Ernie said, well, I'll just pay with my credit card and I'll get it back from the LVA later. And they refuse. No, you're not going to get You're not going to get any booth there. And uh Glenn Torp, he's his card in Atlanta on a lady's breast and they are resting for assault put him in jail.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that's that's what we've been treated by our own veterans groups. Because when you get at that higher level, you know, the commanders and all these popas guys, they're nothing but politicians, that's all they are.
Speaker 3: You know, they want to go to Washington.
Speaker 2: Of course. Yeah. And you don't you don't you know, rise through the ranks if you actually think for yourself and speak out. I do have a question for you guys, because you know, as a libertarian, as a non interventionist, anti war guy, I'm I'm very red pilled on the narratives about that get us into wars. I would imagine you guys are equally, if not more red pilled than I am when it comes to the propaganda than the lies that lead us into wars, from the WMDs to the you know might on revolution in Ukraine and now how Putin has invade Ukraine unprovoked. I'm just curious what you're what both of your opinions are as to to what appears to be a continuation of the Cold War despite the fact that the USSR fell thirty three years ago. Do you guys feel as if we are on the brink of war with Russia? And what are your just general feelings about everything that's happening and how crazy it is, because from from my vantage point, it's unbelievable. I'm I'm sure you guys have a different you know, viewer.
Speaker 5: I agree with you one hundred percent on that, Clint, because it's it's just senseless the way things are going. But it comes into guys like Putin, who are driven by their I guess, their desire to control and have everything and be empowered to have all that and take over Yourukraine or whatever. I mean, a country that was split off from Russia and just wonderful people and for no reason. But I can tell you right now I'm feeling a little comfortable at this point because of the recent changes and the desire to be out of wars and have the power to negotiate and work your way through those things. And I feel with our new leadership, come then we have that opportunity.
Speaker 2: Well the way it is, yeah, this is actually leads into my next question for you, and I'll let fill up in here too. You know, from my vantage point, and it seems like you've already pointed out that the higher ups in the military like they're not going to speak out.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of hope for the Trump cabinet. I think that it is an improvement over the existing paradigm. However, it is still very much in Israel first type of cabinet. Yeah, you know, Pete Haig Seth and these guys like even though he's you know, he's a real vet, you know, he's one of you guys as best I can tell. It still seems as if there's no chance that he will be in your corner when it comes to getting the truth out about what transpired with Israel. Is that your opinion, as will Fill?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it absolutely absolutely is my opinion, and that all stems from the power of Israel an a pac in our country. And listen, maybe these guys really believe that. Okay, I don't care what they believe about that, but they better believe the USS liberty veterans in our story betrayal, murder and cover ups. That's the most important thing. Our country comes first. I don't give a damn who attacked us. It could have been anybody, but if it was Israel, they got by with it probably. And I think we all know this collusion by this government LBJ and UH at the time, Levy Askell and every administration from from LBJ to Biden has not helped us. And I don't foresee him doing it now. But I called down on President Trump, and I'll do it again. I'll do it again. Is America really first or is Israel first? And I voted for Trump three times, don't get me wrong. And I understand you. You ran for president too, Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Vice president?
Speaker 4: But yes, vice president Okay, but anyway, yeah, it's uh. And as far as nuclear wars go, that this could happen in Europe, and it could also happen in the Least. In fact, I'm a little bit more worried about the Middle East that I am Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, under the Trump administration, given his cabinet dynamics, I think that Iran now becomes much more perilous than probably even Ukraine is. But you know, we got to get through the first to get to avoid the second. And at this point, you know, Russia and Ukraine are I mean, this is a bloodbath on a scale that is really not being talked about, honestly, and it's devastating to witness, and it's devastating to know that our State Department, you know, provokes so much of this. But you know, setting all that aside, I just wanted to get your opinion on that. But I just want to say to you gentlemen, because we're running out of time, you do have to go to another interview. I'm just so thrilled I got this opportunity to talk to you guys today. I think that the fact that You're still fighting for the truth and fighting for justice all these decades later. Speaks to your character. You're the type of men that make me proud to be an American when my government makes me not so proud to be one. So thank you, gentlemen, for your time, and I pray that you will see justice in your lifetimes. I really do thank you.
Speaker 5: Could I say that I'd like to repeat our website USS Liberty yes dot org Ussliberty dot org, and we certainly appreciate if any of your listeners would go to our site if they feel they want to donate their welcome to but they can learn a lot about our story there. We have video links on there to Sacrifice and Liberty. We have other documentaries that we've done, so there's a wealth of information on that site and we're just looking for the support of your listeners to hear our story, to want to learn more. They're free to reach out to us, and you know our names are there on the site and we will certainly do everything we can.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a feeling that your media circuit has only just begun. Hopefully I'm not I'm not mistaken. And there are some courageous people that are willing to let you tell your story that have large platforms. We'll we'll find out fill any closing comments.
Speaker 4: Yeah again, thanks Clint, and it's it was a pleasure to be on with mo I mean, uh, you know, we have two men here in different parts of the ship, but live the same story. We have it in our heart and we do this for our fallen shipmates, not just us. Those thirty four men were murdered, and I don't want to go down to history is dying in vain.
Speaker 3: They were murdered.
Speaker 4: And I might say this on every award that we got, there's not They have really nice words to say, but there's not one mention of who attacked us. So they even they even stop on the awards by saying who attacked us? And that is disgraceful of our American government then and now they should be changed to make sure our attackers are known and not covered up. We're like a ghost ship that got attacked. But thank you again. Yeah, we got to go through another interview, and thank you, MOA. I gotta go on, I think a little bit earlier than you and then you're on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, look, absolutely, you guys are my favorite. I really I really I'm going to continue to beat this drum. I don't give a fuck about the consequences. The truth matters more than that. Justice matters, and let's hope that we can we can actually stop fighting for other nations and fight for our own one of these days. Anyways, Thank you, gentlemen, have a go. I just want to give my thanks to Mosheffer in Field Turney for being willing to continue to tell their story more than half a century later. I want to give my thanks to all of the USS liberty survivors and those that are are willing to continue to fight. I wish, I wish our government was on your side, gentlemen, and I my heart breaks for what you've had to deal with, and I just can't believe it. I can't belie. As you can tell, it was a very, very emotionally taxing interview to do. But I really really hope that this story continues to gain steam and hopefully that these gentlemen can receive justice and at least receive acknowledgment for their bravery, their heroism, and their I mean their heroism didn't cease on that day. It continued for fifty plus years afterwards, and you know, what they've been through is unimaginable, just flatly, it's just impossible. It's impossible to imagine what they've what they've gone through. So I'm blown away. I'm blown away. I'm sure you guys feel the same, and yeah, let's just keep keep fighting for those guys, I hope that you can support them, support their foundation. I'll link that down below. And as you can tell, I did not run ads on this episode because I did not feel as if my advertisers would probably want to be attached to this project given the controversial nature of it. So if you would like to support my work, which is probably the best way to do this anyways, if I want to continue to tell the truth, liberty loockdown dot locals dot com, or you can subscribe to my ex which is at liberty lockpod on x or Twitter, whatever you call it these days, and that's the easiest way to continue to allow me to fund this operation without going out of pocket and to tell the truth, which is the hardest aspect of all of this. I hope you guys enjoyed it. If you did, please do share it around, subscribe, hit the like button, and I will see you soon. Welcome to liberty lockdown. It's gonna your plock home to liberty and come. But yeah, it's on Hall. It's where did it come from?
Speaker 3: And where did he