Speaker 1: Yo, yo yo.
Speaker 2: What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 3: Yo? What's going on? Everybody? Welcome to a new episode of my Canon Cast. I'm Cana Dave.
Speaker 2: And I'm Groovy.
Speaker 3: On today's episode, we're gonna be going through a bunch of news topics that have been hitting airwaves oops, and we are going to be discussing stuff from outside of Michigan and inside of Michigan that's happening, and even something from the President Biden before he gets out of office. But before we jump into all that, I do want to say, yeah boo that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I do want I do want to say.
Speaker 3: I want to give a shout out to our partners to make this possible. I'm gonna first kick it off with Lost Coast Plant Therapy. Use code my can of twenty to save at checkout twenty percent off on their IPM sprays. If you haven't tried their sprays out yet, you better go do that. I highly recommend it, especially if you're a cultivator here in Michigan outdoors indoors. It's organic, it's not gonna hurt your crops, and it's not gonna kill it's gonna kill all the bad bucks. It's not gonna kill you. It's a good pest aside. Say second, yeah, second, can it be extracts. If you're looking for award winning concentrates, go check out Scotty and the team over there. They're always pumping out great collabs, powerful concentrates, great out of bulls, fire vapes. Everything Scotty's doing over there is fire. Third Tyler and Kinship. If you didn't check out this past week's waken bake, Tyler of Kinship actually came on joined and we had a great wake in bake Sash and I'm actually gonna be smoking up some of his the ice cream cush or the ice cream cake that we have, the sea Junkie genetics, I'm about to be rolling that up or I rolled it up. We're gonna be smoking that. So if you're looking for where the churpeenes are, go check out Kinship. They got a location down at Albion, so you can walk in the shop check out all their products. Shout out to Tyler and the team over there. Old school organic. Shot out to Jason and he goes all organic bud Man and he's got some He's got some exotic flavors out there. And now he's got some sour runs, he's got oh my god, blinkoling, he's got gorilla glue, he's got an og he's got some old school, got some new school, and it's all hundred percent organic. So go check out Old Score Organics and Jason. Last, but not least, High nine. If you're looking for a hem drink, or you're looking for a drink that's everywhere, go check out High nine and this drink you can mention code Mike canic Cast and you get to save. It's a healthy drink, ten milligrams of uh hot honey, hemp Groovey's got it right there in his hand, right there, he's showcasing it multiple different flavors. Just all you gotta do is type in my canic cass and you get to save there too. So it could be a hand shout out to all of our partners. They make this happen. Without y'all, we wouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely supporting them is supporting us. We really appreciate. Check them out, go check all the handles. If you haven't, go to Mike canic Cast that on the IG or wherever your convenian social is you'll be able to find all their links on a lot of their posts because it's over here, and especially welcome to the Lost Coast because they are our newest partner of twenty twenty five. We're excited to launch them off. Yep. Also tons of great things cooking, So I'm so excited for this year, especially shout out Summer Scott. If you haven't checked out Summer Sky Summer Underscore Sky with four Wys, check her out, newest co host of the podcast. Uh, we're gonna be doing a lot more of the interviews with her. Sometimes me and Dave will just hit you with some news updates in between because she's swamped everywhere. But go check her out. Supporters is part of our team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you'll be seeing a lot of her. We got some stuff scheduled and we're going to be you're I'm excited for that. I do want to say I did create our new MICC Studios, So if you haven't, go follow us on IG it's MICC Studios sure and simple, and that's also on YouTube as well too, so go over there, give us a file. You'll be seeing that posted in our stories throughout telling you to go follow us.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of becoming our parent company if you will. You know, we're trying to We're trying to be cool. We have other ideas with vlogs. We're gonna push the YouTube harder with that type of stiff, but we're still gonna be doing the podcast for you every week. My Cannon Cast will still be doing the wagon Bag every Saturday. So uh, nothing's changing, just more trying to make us cool and whatnot. I'm like, you know what I mean, We're just trying to be cool.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not cool. I'm pretty time.
Speaker 2: Trying we were cool. I said, we were trying, Like.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know you ain't cool groovy.
Speaker 2: I know, I know that, man, I played the act. Some people feel like that it's cool. I know I'm not cool, but some people are.
Speaker 3: Like, you're probably cooler than me.
Speaker 2: I know you you got cups and ship. You know what I mean. I just played sax, so whatever, whatever.
Speaker 3: This guy's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Check out his ship. Candidate is pretty tight some days. Some days I can punch him. No, I'm just going to shut the fuck up. But yeah, let's know it all. If you didn't check out the last episode, we kind of did recaps and just kind of like kind of perspective digging Down twenty twenty, which if you miss we talked about, Oh I thought the last episode was the recap episode. Sorry, Apex, but also we also did I just want to talk about this real quick. That's super boot or not super Boof? Was it super boof? What was the strain of the year this year? So you're coming off and that's what I lost my train of thought, but yeah, that's what I want to say. So yeah, but also check out that Eddie episode apex Is. Eddie's got a great story in apex Is, got some solid flower that cherry bomb, and I really enjoyed that ice cush so great.
Speaker 3: He knows what he's doing over there, and he's gonna be coming out that sour diesel. So I'm curiously how he does with that sour diesel because that came from Jason in old school organics that cut, so that'd be I'm curious because Jason did it well and he's done good with his plants. I'm curious how that that sour d comes out then.
Speaker 2: Word but uh, this week, So this week we're gonna jump back into news articles. We haven't done a lot of news updates lately, So we really want to just jump in and talk about what's going on in the community. Dave, he doesn't talk about the first one to get us launched off. I'll chime in for a second, but I'm gonna rip some bop gun that I got from Cannaby, all right.
Speaker 3: I think we're jumping into Arizona in the school, right, yes, there, all right, So Arizona University of Arizona's gonna have a cannabis cannabis school. And the reason why I want to talk about this is because we're starting to see more and more schooling for cannabis, which I think is which I think is good, right, because you're gonna have people and be like, oh, you don't need you don't need schooling for cannabis, right. I was in cannabis for twenty years and I've known all about it. Yeah true, But nowadays, with it becoming legal, you're getting more researched on the schools are gonna be training on the plant and probably turn into a retail experience. We need this the schooling in my mind, to help continue to push the industry forward, right, because like, well, if you don't, you're gonnaet a bunch of people at displayed to say everything's fire. You're gonna think in society, you're not gonna get innovation. You're not gonna get innovation without schooling and without education and learning. Think about the ros and how it's fucking catapulted for for dabads in the last three years, right right. Think about some of different growing techniques that we see for cultivators, from your soil to rock well to hydro to aeroponics to all this. You people talk about this, you do education on it. You're gonna see new and new stuff continue to happen. I think, I think it's big. It's great to see Arizona doing it. Michigan up started started doing it a couple of years ago, right, and we knew, we knew, got one of our friends, which Ohio and did it. So it's like we're seeing it go and this is good to see it. I didn't mean to cut you off, groovy.
Speaker 2: So, oh, you're totally cool, And no, you had some great, great points. I'm just gonna I just wanted to stay like kind of with where we're at in society as a whole. With cannabis. It's so new, it's such a new industry regardless, Like, definitely, obviously we have some like people who like know cannabis from throughout the years of growing knowing the plant, but that, like you said, the education is still so new. It's great to see it pop up around, especially in Arizona. You're seeing two schools. You know, you're seeing u of a University of Arizona, but also a smaller community college in Marsupa County which shout out that's where I was actually born, Gateway Community College. I was actually born in Phoenix, Arizona, although I was six by the time I was in Michigan, so I'm a Michiganer through and through. But it is really cool to see, you know, them across the nation doing things like this with education. Absolutely, like it's a six month and a three week wait, a six month of three nine week certificate programs at the community college and the University of Arizona. I believe his partner offers a few certificates as well, so it's pretty neat. So it just it's starting to pop up and you know, and like we you know, when we're at at hardeen, right, You're starting to see cannabis companies who really care on that next level, like Hardeen shout out, Britney shot out, the whole team that care on that next level. We're gonna we're gonna make our own development program and we're gonna make our people past this so we can provide education, right, I feel like, And then now they were talking about bringing it online. So I think like beginning with schools and don't be wrong, schooling is great, but I even think some of these like places that specialize in cannabis, those certifications will be just as valuable. Right, So I think we're seeing this transition of from no education to online education to now even like in school education. So it's super cool, Like we're in a really new spot, like you said, and that innovation is so key. Oh I lost you for some reason.
Speaker 3: Wherever it happens, it's gonna beneficial, it's gonna continue, it's going to continue to continue to grow for sure.
Speaker 2: He just played that off like he's like do do do do eat? Usually he'd be like, wasn't me man, Like, wasn't me one too ful feet? My na will always hit me with the one.
Speaker 3: Me muting myself. Wasn't me got you.
Speaker 2: On the camera.
Speaker 3: It wasn't me. That's funny, saw me hitting the pause, but wasn't. But what I well, I was saying, No, what I don't know what I was saying, honestly, I.
Speaker 2: Just we were talking about education programs and like you, I didn't hear the first like sentence or two because you were muted, so that's why I laughed. But no, I was just talking about like hard I was seeing other education programs and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying it's big to continue to have this happening because we're gonna see more and more states which education. I think it's only gonna help industry grow. I don't think it's going to hurt the industry at all. And I think that the small programs, the ones that aren't school affiliated, like you said with Hardin and stuff, I think is awesome because education is what we're.
Speaker 2: Lacking in though, like I mean, I'm not speaking to all blood tenders because there's a lot of great bud tenders out there, but no, but I'm talking about yeah, research absolutely because like you said, staying up on the innovation and like with all the innovation certificates need to keep coming out because it's going to be updated all the time. Right, but also like, oh it's got a weird text. Shoot, I lost my train of thought now. But oh the education, it's just so it's so needed right now because we're in this like you knows, new age, new infant, Yeah, exactly, because right now there is no standard of education. So sometimes people expect certain things at a certain bud tenders when at the end of the day, it's just like their new job, like they can't be the best, you know what I mean. Like it there's such a very ranging and knowledge of cambus right now. Right there's people who are just getting jobs that know point of sale because that's what they need, and there's people who've been like in this since the medical days. There's just a range of education. So some type of not necessarily standard, I guess, but just some type of like I guess it is standard, some type of education for almost like every budtender. Everything would be nice because you kind of want that standard as a customer. You want them to more knowledgeable, you know, than you or you know, not just bud tenders, but anyone in working in the industry.
Speaker 3: They want them to have some type of cannabis experience, right. But also.
Speaker 2: There was nothing available, and you know you're.
Speaker 3: Not going to see a standard though. I don't think for years. I just think it's good that they're having to implement these schools in there, and these like smaller craft ones like the one in Ohio or Buddy Win too, and then Hardin's a little bit smaller too, like those are more smaller knit, and I think those are huge because you're right, you're by passing on the education, you're only going to help make everyone better in the industry, right, Yeah, that's what we're trying to do, is make the industry continue to grow and be one of the most productive industries in the United States maybe the world. Do you know when you're talking about dollars sold, any think about it's gonna be I don't know the market for cannabis when it ends, like when if it opens the borders and we're distributed across the world, like it's gonna be billions.
Speaker 2: And billions of billions of dollars ina sectors.
Speaker 3: No, I know, it's probably gonna be like one hundred to five hundred billions.
Speaker 2: You can't even think about it because it's not something we've even come doing. We don't even have safe banking it. We don't have a trillion dollars. Oh probably, You're probably right. I always think that it would be such a great thing to export, you know what I mean. But like anyways, but the whole point about the education, I'm glad to see, and you're absolutely right there probably won't be a standard for a long time. But this is how these are the first steps people start creating education, people start talking about it because it's just like anything, right, It's just like how the medical markets or the metric markets all started popping up, I mean, legal recreational markets, because they just kind of like pick and choose, Oh this work, this didn't work, this works, you know, this doesn't work. So they're just we're learning. So anyway's super cool, super cool to see. I will definitely keep you updated on more stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So absolutely absolutely what hit me with article number dolls?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Minnesota? Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to pull the Minnesota Psychic urges lawmakers to decriminalize psilocybin mushrooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's the Minnesota Psychedelic Task Force is kind of what the articles about, which I never heard of before. So just to talk about a little bit, they don't do anything with legislation directly, but they they take recommend they give recommendations to legislator lawmakers to help pass legislation. And the Minnesota Psychedelic Medicine Task Force is purely advisory. It's like I was saying, but what's really fascinating about it. This is all established through a bill that was signed in through Tim Waltz, which is their governor governor and last may governor in last May, that the group is responsible for advising state lawmakers on the legal, medicinal and policy issues associated with legalization of psychedelic medicine in the state, and it was charged with returning with a final report to the state with findings and recommendations by January first. So it's like, this isn't just like a task force that's gonna help, Like like these aren't just like a bunch of random people just like pushing mushrooms because they like mushrooms. These are people who are actually like very like they're educated, they've been around it, and they're actually advising these lawmakers on it. So it's very interesting what Minnesota's doing here. And they already asked for the information, they've been working you know, since May. That's pretty cool. I think it's no idea too.
Speaker 3: And they're going for MDMA as well as psilocybin and LSD, so it is psilocybin, but they're also going for MDMA and LSD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why they call psychedelic medicine, I think is why they went by that.
Speaker 3: But you know, yeah, So they want to create a state regulated clinical program for therapeutic administration of psilocyb and continued mushrooms, remove criminal penalties for the personal use and possession of psilocyb and containing mushrooms, and allocate funding for more recent health benefits of MDMA psiloicide. I've been an LSD.
Speaker 2: I love that man, because there is such medicinal parts to all these psychedelic medicines. You know, no one talks about because they become such like a like kind of taboo. Like have you ever talked about like mushrooms or acid or LSD? Sorry, like acid is what they're's a street Gams refer to MDMA, molli ak molly to like you're like parents or someone who doesn't know. Doesn't that make you trip for like eighteen hours? And if you crack your back, you start tripping again, You're like, I mean no, like I mean maybe I don't know, Like I mean enough of it. I mean I've tripped over one hundred times easy, so I mean I think I'm doing all right. Brain's still working, so I don't know, say, but I just think there's so much I gained, so much, like it was on an LSD trip that I was like, I'm gonna go back to school for art and music or audio because I love sound. So it's like it's evolved my whole life. So I have a lot to think for psychedelics. So I'm glad there's task force pushing the positives because I think there is such a negatives narrative, just like cannabis that's been pushed through propaganda for years. I would agree.
Speaker 3: I think psychedelics were only going to continue to see get pushed. I was shocked to see I MDMA in it, but like a, I mean, there there have been reports and studies done that it does have therapeutic benefits when done in certain doses, you know, and when it's like actually I'm DMA and probably not cut with a bunch of other shit.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean we talked about this with most substances. Obviously, if you abuse it, it's gonna get you fucked up, like you know what I mean. But there are medicinal properties if you treat them correctly, that's when it's medicine, you know. I feel like that we talked about this, like on the wakem Bake is like sometimes that line between drugs and medicine is a little blurred depending on how you use it, you know what I mean, and how you treat it and the respect for it. So it's really a thin line, you know. And I think a lot of these things or medicines, but they kind of became drugs first because that's how they got popular first, just like cannabis, like cannas was still even and like in my brain sometimes I'll like refer to it as a drug because it's like in my brain default it right. But it's like it takes years of breaking that, like oh yeah, it's because you were taught wrong, you know. You know, we fall victim to it too, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I just think this is the next push. I don't I don't see this stop and I'm finishing over in my statement, was I continue to see psychic that was getting pushed heavy in twenty twenty five. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some more decriminalization initially just happened and get ready for the twenty twenty six midterm election. But I see this getting talked about more and more because last year was it's starting to pick up, and it's just it's like reminds me of cannabis when like it was like twenty ten, twenty eleven, and like twenty twelve. I think when Colorado legalized was the first state, and like you just started seeing once Colorado legalized, you just started seeing everything starts going up and up and up. And we had what we had Denver or colorad already legalized mushrooms, didn't they. I believe there's a decriminalize all in Denver. I forgot some state legalized it, and I feel like ever since for some reason, and you're right, they know they decriminalized all that.
Speaker 2: What you said, d crim So that's where I was still on. Iway's the whole regardless, I see your point.
Speaker 3: It's just going to get this topic is going to continue to just to get more and more uh news on it. Psychedelics not just I know it's Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I know, it's not looked at as like a psychedelic like drugged the way some of these are because they're heavier. But like, let's be real, like cannabis has a huge psychedelic part to it, you know, And that's why I always love I love cannabis because it gives you that like psychedelic part to it. Right, But it is so I think there's that like connection things. Okay, cool, thanks for verifying. But I think there is that between all these things.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: What I mean really is expanding type of substances. And that's the thing I've tried to remember to call them substances because depending on how they're treated and or and or abuse and or like appreciate it, they are very different outcomes, you know what I'm saying. No, they do.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 2: So it'll be your next article though. Oh sorry, what were you saying? You want to say something else? I thought we were done, my bat.
Speaker 3: No, I'm pretty much noting. It's gonna be interesting how it just plays out and how how fast it gets legal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's facts, I mean, because it's gonna be it's gonna we talk about all the time. It's gonna be paved way, like the way cannabis paved the way for it. So I think it's gonna be nis.
Speaker 3: Opened the doors from.
Speaker 2: And it's not as much money. And we know how how like how big business is because there's not as much money behind it, Like you can't make as much money off mushrooms, Like it's not a textile, it's not a cash plant the way you know, people don't buy it all the time regularly on it, right, So I don't I don't think there's gonna be any loopholes behind it because there's no businesses lobbying against it the way it's been for campus. Again, I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: I agree canabis is a cash crop mushroom psychedelic system.
Speaker 2: But you get people, you're gonna get business.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be a billion dollar business, Like I don't see mushrooms being billion dollars here in the States.
Speaker 2: It's probably millions for sure. It's just not the same because and so I think it'll you know, have less people lobbying and maybe.
Speaker 3: Time, maybe in time when you like when you start getting more chocolates with mushrooms and it's on the legal market, maybe you're getting different.
Speaker 2: No, I know, but I'm just talking about in sense of maybe becoming legal because there's not as much money in it, Like no matter what. Man, no one's eating mushrooms like an eighth a day where some people will smoke an ag. Yeah that's what I'm saying. There's not as much money behind it, no matter what, because the nege So this next one's in New York, but I gotta rip this cann it bey.
Speaker 3: Oh New York, New York, Oh before we go to New York because we're just leaving Minnesota. I do gotta say sorry if you're a Minnesota Vikings fan, but we whooped your ass.
Speaker 2: If you're in Minnesota right now. That was a hell.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the Lions. I am so proud of them boys. They are fucking, absolutely crushing. This is our sports break for a quick minute while Groovie's taking that they have Yeah, yeah, they deserve around the clause, dude, that was a hell of a game. Jamior Gibbs for TDS h N of our season record for a Lions player, back to back division champs, first time ever, first time ever with the number one seed. They got it. Shout out to them boys, great baby love.
Speaker 2: It, fucking man. No, And it's funny, like I think that's what we should do every time. Everyone's every time like I'm taking a dam and it's taking a second, all right, Canaday's Quick Sports Updates. We just bust it in no matter and it's just like that's a news segment Canaday of sports update like quick Updates, And it's only when I'm not talking. You gotta get perfectly and what can you do? I love it, dude, I gotta get it in. No, you gotta get it in because I'm.
Speaker 3: Just diagnobed the Lions. The Lions are bringing so much, so much to the state. It's crazy, like the city vibes, the feel. And then also I'm in the Pistons. They've won six of seven and they just beat Minnesota. So we beat Minnesota twice in basketball and foo ball. We beat them on Saturday in basketball football, and so sorry Minnesota, your job on psychedelics, I appreciate taking Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, man, that just brought a good tier to mind. That was super funny. But anyways, New York Legal, New York's legal market sports are beast booming, have won four to rows and we're back back to the podcast that is that is That is Canaday's sports update Update Update.
Speaker 3: I had to It's like, dude, every team's doing really good right now, so it's no.
Speaker 2: I'm seriously we've been talking about we he and Dave want to talk more music and sports. It's our culture because because all these things, like there's crossroads with cannabis and sports, crossroads with cannabis and music all time, and like we're just so sick of not just bringing them on. So you're probably going to see a couple of musicians hopefully this year talking about their behind the scenes with cannabis. We'll tie it always into the herbal like that, you know, that perspective from holistic sides, but like in the culture. But at the end of the day, there's just so much more to the culture. And I think we've dugged in, dug in so many years into just the market that like just like the companies, So me and Dave we are trying to expand more. And you know, because we've been coming to going to culture events and metric events for like years now, and I feel like, you know, sometimes we're just reporting what people got going on. But there's so much in this beautiful market. So shout out to all my community. You're all awesome medical facts, wreck preach bridges anyways, But no, this New York market is booming. So that's what it was talking about. You went to New York, right, what was your experience like? And how long ago was that now? I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was me going into twenty three, going into last year. The way in December, that's when there was That's when there was not a lot. That's when it was still like a lot of ship was shipped in, right, I was getting shut out all the time. So it seems like they're doing a lot better now, which would have make sense slowly, but like I don't think they still have that many licenses out there though. Yeah, but I'm not shocked at New York. It is going to be a boomy market.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, dude, with the tourists and I mean York.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, it's New York.
Speaker 2: I like, how oh sorry, and I had just popped out. My ears just started blasting. No, but New York is always a popping market, like no matter what, because there's so much foot traffic and there's only people in such a small area, so it's like, yeah, I'm not really shocked about this at all. Really, you know what I mean, Oh, this is cool fact you're growing. But I mean, dude, I mean because right now it's still new, no one's figured it out. There's raids, like, there's still that gray area. So it's like, you know, people are like Fischigan back in the day, advantage of it. Like you know, they the New York's top five strands Blue Dream, O g Cush Alaskan or Strawberry, Crux Alaskan, thunder Fox Hour Diesel. They've had fifty four point one percent of approved adult used cannabis license were awarded to social and economic equity eligible applicants, and then two hundred and seventy five adult retail shops are open for business right now and they've passed five two hundred and fifty licenses and permits and now in twenty twenty four, so like that market, Yeah, that markets to be popping back up, like when I wait, it was still I remember they were starting to do a bunch of raids. But I would like to go there and try some New York bud. Yeah, no, that's crazy. I mean, just how far it's come from. When you got there to now, like, because I mean it sounds like they's kind of getting things in order with this, but at the same time, like they're still like talking about, you know, the possible movement to Schedule three and all that stuff. So it's like sometimes some of this stuff in this article does talk about things that like might happen. You know, they haven't really dug into it, you know, yeah, you know, yeah, but they do have something called the Cannabis Control Board, which oversees I guess some of the things, and they they they do kind of like the industry regulations. I'm not exactly sure, but it sounds similar to like the CIRA type of vibes. So they have something going on over there. So that's good that there are at least hopefully good people over there. I mean, I have to look more into it, because I don't want to quote me on that by any means, but that's kind of how they allude to it. You know that they're like looking for standards set the gold standard for safety, quality and consumer education in the cannabis industry. You know that's sound similar.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, it does, Yes, it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think, like you said, it's gonna be a huge market, says State Lateson's railators have so more than one billion dollars I legal cannabis, Yeah, just last year, right, Yeah. Which the o CM, by the way, is Office of Cannabis Management, So it's like that's maybe that's more like the CIRA, and then this other thing oversees it. I don't know, there's a little confusing. That'shy I said. There's two things over there, so it's a little more confusing. Yeah, there's the OCM, which is Office Cannabis Management, which is like kind of sounds more like the like the the applicants, the licensing type of stuff, you know. And then when you go down and they start talking about the what do I call it c c B, the Cannabis Control Board, which oversees OCM, you know, which is probably more like the the minds behind it and then versus the people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: So it sounds more like a team effort where we just have the CIA. So it's pass saying New York's a little different obviously, and then I think because of their tourism, it's good, Like it's really hard to compare Michigan. They said they sold a billion dollars already. I mean, dude, just think about.
Speaker 3: That, like what New York. Yeah, so I'd say it's to be a huge market nuts. And you know, you know what fun fact which just happened in New York the curve on their traffic is you got to pay ten dollars now every time to go into the city of like w and you're going into the city like from sixtyeth down.
Speaker 2: Really actually, yeah, you know ten dollars. I'm actually gonna pull this up. Did you are you? Do you have the article open? By chance? Shout out to Mariland.
Speaker 3: I honestly just closed it probably like thirty so if.
Speaker 2: You don't know, worries calling you out. Haha, No, I'm just kidding. I'm gonna pull it up. If you're watching on YouTube, just check it out. Let me move this third because I found this kind of fascinating. If you scroll down, blah blah blah, there's like a social post and then they broke down what looks like kind of like a like a what would you call this like a numbers breakdown kind of ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's so that's that's where I was getting some of those numbers from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, that's all the numbers. I just wanted to show everyone can see all the numbers my literally my internet, just for yees.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's pretty remarkable in a year when you look at those statistics, right, I like that they gave fifty percent to uh uh the social equity, right, like over fifty percent, Yeah, which is pretty Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, sorry, I was some kind of getting some things behind the scenes, kind of froze on me, but yeah, two hundred and twenty one adult cultivars, like that's pretty crazy numbers for how new the market is, you know. That's why I just want to point that out. And for how small that area is. You know, that's the thing. I always think, like Michigan so spread out.
Speaker 3: We're a huge You're just thinking of New York's a pretty big state. Well, New York's pretty big. New York's pretty big.
Speaker 2: About the city, right, I'm picturing city.
Speaker 3: You're just thinking Manhattan.
Speaker 2: No, I'm thinking, yeah, I know, I know, my brain forgets, but like I really so. But still impressive numbers. We'll see where it goes. Yeah, probably gonna is not there. Yeah. Yeah, So this next one, this next one, this one's this one, we're just gonna discuss for a little bit of these last few topics. Now we're that was kind of out of the state of at Michigan. This one's a little bit more on the more on the political side. So we're just gonna have a little friendly debate here. You know, I'm not gonna get into whatever. We just want to talk about this. Oh accidentally pulled up new Or again. But Biden dodges question about releasing Canada prisoners before leaving office. It made Dave so mad. He just left, and Dave's like, I'm out. Dave's like, this is such bullshit. He just left. How are you about the dodge question about releasing cannabis printers? When you said that you were going to right? So I always kind of my thing about all this when we get into this type of stuff that I always say, I kind.
Speaker 3: Of what I literally just did was I dodged. I dodged the questions like Joe Biden just did.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, Dave so mad, I just left. Dave's like, I'm so mad. At Okay, I know what I'm laughing because we'll do because what it is is that I need you need people to understand something. Stop expecting them to do what they say. They're just doing saying what they have to to get you to lope for them. You know, like truly you have to look in the type of person they are, Like a lot of these politicians just saying what the hell? So my whole thing is like you know, me and Dave, like I always said this, if you look back, I'm sure I was like, Okay, I'm super positive. I hope it happens. But over time we just get more. All right, I believe it when I see it. There's so sick of it, you know what I mean, Like you're just like, come.
Speaker 3: On, especially when we're talking about the Banking Act. I think we talked about it for like two years straight, and it was just like it's just funny because like, yeah, it should be. And it's just like Biden was all about all about all this stuff having people released, and he's like he doesn't do it. It's like, yeah, I'm just it's just so funny because like I don't know, like I'm not gonna get political here. Literally he parted his son, right, No, I you could see that happening obviously. You could see he was part of he parted his son, right, you could see that happening. But like, dude, you should pardon some of these You should be partying people that are in jail.
Speaker 2: Your son. You should be pardoning things that matter and things like the no offense man, like no, no, no offense, So fuck you man, Like you know who I him with this guy that you want.
Speaker 3: And it's just like, it's just like what Kamala was going on. She said she was going to be four. She avoids They said she'd before it, but then I always avoided talking about the topic, and she threw the most people in prison as attorney general in California.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's just it's just say that questions you really can't believe them. You just gotta see their actions over their words, because words are just fucking they're just words. Man. These people they lie, that's what they do. They're literally paid actors, like literally their job is to tell it be like to keep a straight face when things are horrible. What do you think you can just like I'm not saying, like you know what I mean? Like it makes my brain. There's some there there are You have to trust their actions, not their word. You can't trust their words. I didn't say that all politicians are the devil. That is not what I mean. There are good There are good politicians. Politics just make can make people kind of go to that like that that that hungry that like I don't know, like I don't know the mentality I'm trying to like paint out, but that mentality that's just a little bit more greedy. Some of these politicians get greedy. With power comes greed sometimes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense. Sometimes it's just my opinion.
Speaker 2: But it's like even when Trump got into office, it's like I don't believe he's gonna do half the things he says. He's just saying all that shit to say and then he'll do what he can. Because but that's how it always goes with presidents, like saying to the Biden, he said some shit, but it's just like he'll do what he can. But really they're just out there for their own benefit, trying to get back into office. Like the second they get into office, it's like, how can we stay here? Like that's it, Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Trump can only stay there four years, so it's all he's got.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just I didn't. I lost my faith with the whole Biden thing. You know. I think if I went back and saw man, there was probably some excitement and hope at the beginning, but by the end we were just like because it's all just like words like you know, like doude they put your money and put your money in the mouth. Is you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chuck Schumer had that bill that was supposed to end it all, and you never that's just been stalled out on the floor for yep. Who knows. I mean, I'm assuming it's that I.
Speaker 2: Got repumped when I saw and you're like, yeah, it was like the third one. I was like yeah, but dude, like just be hopeful and then I was in a good mood that day or so, but you know what I mean. But but now you're just kind of like every time I see it, it's just like get frustrated now because you're just like, come on. But anyways, I just wanted to kind of talk about that one. I thought we'd good ones, but really it was only like five six minutes. I thought we were gonna have like a much longer combo on that one, but I mean.
Speaker 3: Overall, there's just disappointment. Yeah, overall is just disappointing. Back to his sports break, No, I'm just kidding a movie break no, right, because I'm looking at Sonic and I was like, Sonic, there is a pretty good movie.
Speaker 2: Honestly it was. But no shout out to Wizard of Roz. I guess I went to fifty nine to get some of that frost By you had because I really enjoyed that, and but I went they didn't have any. So I was like, well, let me check what the last thirty percent off is or whatever. They had one GMO left.
Speaker 3: I was like, let's get that nice, nice good gmo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we gmo solid. Remember, because I had a high for the first time, I got like like the bulk and I was like, well, yeah, that's right, that's where I got. It wasn't the taste like the one that I had like from to North way back one, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So those are also different consistencies though too. That was using that's a different extraction methods.
Speaker 2: You get different terms, so I know, but I'm saying I haven't had the same I don't care about the extraction mesthas I'm talking about the terps. Weren't like sometimes those feinos don't hit the same. They're a little bit more, you know, they're always That's what I was trying to say, Like that fino was similar.
Speaker 3: No, that makes sense. It makes sense.
Speaker 2: Process however, you need to process extractors. Just make the turpy.
Speaker 3: Talk about the turps, Man turps. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the other two or more in Michigan, and these are just kind of chats that I felt like we should just kind of like talk about. We've kind of talked to them here and there, but so let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Hit me with it, Bren oversupply.
Speaker 2: And these are articles too. I'm not just making them out. This article is from Deadline Detroit, just to shout them out.
Speaker 3: The start goes by groovy music. It says over.
Speaker 2: Supplying low prices could weed out more weed companies in Michigan twenty twenty five. I put over low prices, Let's companies in Michigan two those twenty five. I think we've talked about it in different ways, right, like kind of when we talked about quality is going to start standing out because over time, all that like shiny bullshit, those lies, people start buying your products they start, they still they don't rebuy, you know. But I just want to get your perspective on over supplying low prices, because I mean, behind the scenes, we've talked to how many people growing and they're always talking about how much it was like, oh, three k four kobo and now they're getting like ten twenty percent of that some of them. Granted, some people hold their line, but it's crazy what some of these companies are having to do in retrospect to where it started. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So what absolutely, man, Obviously I think there is there probably is a little bit over supplied, like we've heard in the market, because you have all the you have all the bows that came down, it crops over and you just have all the a lot of the grower, a lot of a lot of cultifares are thousands of plants, right. But I do think in time, as we see, there's been a lot of players that are those big, those big license holders that hold a lot like you know, uh live well out of stay companies officially closing up shop now. Uh they're gonna be out in Michigan. Yeah, No, I mean they're theirs.
Speaker 2: No matter how much money you have in this game. If you don't have your morals and you don't have your product in line, like you still you're not gonna make it.
Speaker 3: Just I don't even think if it's not even I don't even think it's morals. I think if you if you're not gonna be able to produce a good product in time, and you can't and you can't and you can't scale with your product, Like if you're gonna over if you're gonna grow thousands of thousands of plants and you're gonna have like a DF product, you have to expect the price you're gonna get in the industry, now, like that, that's just it's gonna be the prices, isn't what you said it like it used to be? Right, you have to be able to scale your business and be able to produce a quality product that is failed affordable.
Speaker 2: Well, the reason I brought morality into it, and the only reason why is because I always think that some of the true I truly believe that these companies who make it are passionate about their product. I think some of these ones who cut corners with big investors, who just throw marketing on just grow weed to get it out, like Live Well or anyone of these companies. I think they don't necessarily have the right mindset or moral That's why I said that, but I think they correlate in that way. That's the only reason why I brought that. Eye Actually right, it is bound to the product because at the end of the day, if it's good product, some people will just buy it because it's good product. They won't always look into the research. Right, You're absolutely right, But that's why I brought that.
Speaker 3: I feel like about how they it.
Speaker 2: You won't make it in this game if it's just a money money money game, because you might as well go to something else if you just need to flip something. This is very much dependent on your quality and who you're in.
Speaker 3: I think passion outproves in every industry. I think yeah. I think passion outshows outshines in every industry. So wherever you have the most passion, you do see that within the step final product. I just think you probably will see more businesses closed this year. Unfortunately, it sucks any time of business clothes because if people lose their jobs here in Michigan, and I hope they find jobs if they work for set businesses because overall that's the thing that sucks the chop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man.
Speaker 3: So hopefully other brands picked them up and they helped sm other brands. But I will I do see other business closing because there is We've heard talks. I mean, there's a lot of cultivators in the state. There's a lot of you know, a lot of a lot of week out there.
Speaker 2: Just to quote this article, the average price with the ounce of cannabis and Michigan DULC nearly fell to a new low twenty three percent fell. More so, the average on ounce is seventy one dollars and eighty cents, which is pretty crazy if you consider like that there is some still top shelf quality flower out there, so to make up that average, there must there's like gotta be twenty thirty dollars ounces out there, which I've seen forty dollars ounces. So it's like, I don't know, it's crazy because the people used to chase being the best, having the best gas out there, right, because we come from like the trap days where everyone had that that fire pack right or that gas pack or whatever, right, and then it came for the medical days where it was like it was the people stood by the pride behind it a little bit more like I grew this with my own hands, so it's the best. It's chronic right to now. It was just like how much money can I make as fast as possible? Why it's legal ruin this market and then get out, like in my opinion, not ruined, but you're ruining the price per pound just so they just so they could fail, Like.
Speaker 3: It's a big fail because that's a lot of millions that they lose. They thought they just.
Speaker 2: Stick money to do it and flip the money. Like the people don't remember that, Like this is very much a quality game. You know, you can fake.
Speaker 3: Market a couple of lot of the Michigan consumers though too, you know valid you know there's like Michigan consumers love good cannabis and we've been around cannabis for a while and a lot of a lot of the brands that are in Metric came from the caregiver days right where they were growing the top flower and they were fighting to get that like, hey, this is the ship that you want. I said, you see that now in the metric.
Speaker 2: I still think you see a lot of the community gives a ship but I still think you think that a lot of those one offers. A lot of those one people who smoke out every other weekend or like on holidays, those are sometimes the people who are buying those cheap bounces, though they don't necessarily search of the education, you know, they're just kind of like trying to get the best deal possible for the highest THC so I can talk about it. Which I still think that's a big percentage of the consumer base. I think you're absolutely right. I think there is some there's a deep culture in the community in this Michigan market. So there are people who are very passionate like you or any of these cup winners from hash bash or any people who really care on the market, right, you know, who know our partners can be you know, Kidschen, people who really care like you know, and there's I mean, we have such a strong caregiver community too, so it's like there's so much passion here, so there is such a high quality. So that's why I think I agree with you. But I do think there is a lot of people who aren't in that community as deep, who make up a big percentage of the buyers. And I think that's why it's just been a pull and take why those companies survive so long, but also why you're starting to see them fall off because they don't buy as regular like the people who buy are like people like you and me who are heady, trying and trying to do new shit like new terps, new flavors, new strains, nu genetics, you know. So I think those are the people are gonna yeah, you're gonna see.
Speaker 3: It's it's crazy because that's such like a small part of the industry.
Speaker 2: I think that's what I'm saying. They think. I think there are some deep passionate people, but it's very divided still with education. I think education, I mean is a big missing part for some people because I think if you told people what they were putting forty dollars ounces, they might just take another twenty forty dollars into the ounce and buy an eighty dollars you know what I mean, Like they might just you know, they might they might not. No, I know, so they might not.
Speaker 3: They might be on a budget. Man.
Speaker 2: But even were leads to companies going away. So I think no matter what this articles had on because I think these low prices for companies who were investing back in their company when they should have been saving because the price per pound wasn't gonna last forever. But you know, companies were spending like those price per pound weren't gonna go down. So I think some of those companies who didn't plan for these rainy days, that's where we might also, unfortunately see some good players fall off to because there was such hope for the market growing. So I do see some player maybe falling off, but I'm hoping that maybe the collaborations they'll come up with new ideas because they're already, like you said, they're the passionate part, so hopefully they're also innovative. So I just it's gonna be crazy, you know, it's because I hope we see the good ones survive. We see more companies like Live Well, Puff fall off, cool whatever. So yeah, man, crazy. And then the last one I just wanted to talk about. Before we got here, there was this article worded it kind of like harshly for clickbait. They called the medical marijuana accounts for less than one percent of Michigan sales, is it time for a change? And what they're not calling for is change in the medical market they're not. They're not at all. What they're talking about is merging the the medical and records licenses. Yeah, which they should so yeah, I just want to talk about thought. So they've already beat me to it. What's your thoughts, Dave? Yeah, No, no, they should.
Speaker 3: I mean they shouldn't have to pay for it, and then if if it if they're still testing it, it's still below it.
Speaker 2: I agree, man, because you're dropping this bullshit allows dispos to offer that that discount and and more accessibility for medical patients because again obviously that's why we never want the caregivers to go anywhere, you know, Dave's caregiver, Like, we love the caregiver system. It's not anything to do with that. It has strictly to do with just the licenses just for the dispensaries, you know, because I think then you'd see a lot of those discounts come back. I think you see the medical like high dosage CBD stuff, high dosage stuff come back, which would be great because again for medical patients, it's all about accessibility. So that's why I love the caregivers, because it's like personal stuff they can grow, but say they're out or there's like a little bit of downtime or they can't reach them or they're busy at that moment, they can hit a dispo and it can be conveniently discounted for them. So I think these medical patients deserve because they pave the way that accessibility, because that's all I think this licensing kind of does open up, is accessibility. So how can we maybe add it that.
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 2: Wow, Dave, I got daved nice Like that's it, And like, I know everybody ship sick all right, well it has always no kidding advocate tastes like medicate just no hold on. But for real, I mean but.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I mean a lot of the brands I want to pay the license. It's more expensive too. You gotta pay for all the licensing you for you ever year. That's wow, that's why you need to merges for the like it's a win win back the medical cards, yeah's affect that medical cards are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as long as it doesn't touch anything there.
Speaker 3: It's just licenses on the metric and medical combining, which they should and it's probably just easier for paperwork too than for the state for dollars for sales and ship They just combined it all well, and that's what.
Speaker 2: It's confusing to me is the state doesn't realize you're just getting more people who don't shop and dispos just stop by there every once in a while. It's just more money. Like they're still going to go there caregiver first, yeah or.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like a lot of people still just go to the day Well nowadays there's just so convenient. There's so many everywhere. Like dude, my city just has like opened up three new ones. Right well, I.
Speaker 2: Think just how low the prices. That's why you're seeing people just go there for you're convenient because usually you get the best deal from the hominge and it's chronic, but right now it's just you can get good deals and like you said, it's convenience. So the convenience with the good price is just averages. But I still think that the cartgiver market's strong here. The culture is always going to be strong here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sure, after.
Speaker 2: All the big cloud events in step ten and it's still strong. And to me, that's where you get the real experimentation and innovation and people trying to find the new turps in the new streams. You know. Metrics always trying to do what sells or whatever, because that's what they gotta do. They gotta have these ones that have these these tt points high tiers because that's what that sells. Right. But that caregiver community is why I think Michigan is so innovative, because we're they're the ones experimenting, coming out with that dank. You know, Shout out Bake Tator, shout out to Smoky. You know, there's tons of gas out there, co Bros. Shout out Native, go on for a while, emails, let's go get it. But there's also great people on the market, you know, is this is a great part to shout out our people, you know, shoutout Canny, shout out Kinship, Shadow Ax Shadow High nine. Again, they're not Michigan, but the other ones for sure. I just like naturally went off my head, which is kind of.
Speaker 3: Right at that point. Just shot out boss.
Speaker 2: Another the newest family you know of course.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, I'm hinted. I fucked up already, So Day's already. Just make it reminds me you messed up. Remember that Day's favorite sea sick laugh my laugh, all right, man on that know, man, it's been fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been a good one. If you haven't tuned in yet, please tune in every Saturday, nine a m. Eastern. Uh, We're live on Facebook, YouTube, I G Twitter, Ax, Twitter ACTX Twitch. I was like, what's the other teah awesome Twitter, Twitter, Twitter Act.
Speaker 2: It's almost like that Pete Davison s.
Speaker 3: N L skit.
Speaker 2: That's why I was like, are we moving? I'm wrapped and I got it. That's why Twitter.
Speaker 3: Okay, but yeah, check check that out and then please give us a follow out. M I C C Studios. That's m I C C Studios, I G YouTube.
Speaker 2: Gass page. You'll be seeing stuff shared there, so go there, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I'll put a tag in our page too.
Speaker 2: So any sport means a black groovy music everywhere. Uh, I have some people well on one second music. I want to see saxophone music stuff. New Year's Eve gig footage coming out soon. Did a jam adjacent le gen Opole was awesome. Candy Yeah yeah you yeah, what about you?
Speaker 3: Oh oh no, I got nothing.
Speaker 2: Candidate check out, check out candidate everywhere. Man, he's got a couple of cops under his belly. Girls Cline, check them out.
Speaker 3: Man, So all right, appreciate that I got you dog this Durday, Saturday nine am checks always were check Out Partners one more time, Lost Coast Play Therapy, Kidship, Canno by extracts Old Score, Organics and High nine. Drink that High nine nice. As always.
Speaker 2: Educate, we're gonna do it again and next time you all, oh until next time we might nail that most times. Oh that was that was forrough? That was rough? Should we just edited in? You want to just like? And as always we're gonna advocate, advocate, can this is?
Speaker 1: Or are you know what?
Speaker 2: Check out the way, check out those streams or the podcast. Every Monday, the streams are reading Saturday. That was awful. Alright, pace all y'all later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's getting mad.
Speaker 2: Mhmm