Speaker 1: Spokane Valley could become a sanctuary city of a different kind.
Speaker 2: Councilman Caleb Collier says that this proposal.
Speaker 3: I'm proposing that the city of Spokane Valley issue a proclamation stating that our city is a Second Amendment sanctuary. Welcome to the fire. Welcome to the fire. Today on Church and State, Purity Test with Rob Leinbarger. Hello, Christian Patriots, and welcome to Church and State, where we drive morality and religion over tolerance and apathy. And I'm your host, Caleb Collier. Once again, your favorite far-right shock jock and the show that talks about politics and religion. Jesus Christ is our referee, so it's always nice and clean. Real quick, let's go to the website, churchandstate.media. Fill out this form for us. Get our newsletter, bypass the, well, a lot of the censorship, and of course, the personal phone call from yours truly. While you're there, check out the most recent episodes. Share them with friends, family, and neighbors. These are great shows covering a whole slew of different topics. So please share them around. Also check out the featured guest page. We've got some incredible people that have joined us over the years. Click on the name. It'll take you right to the interview for your enjoyment. Also, do a little shopping. Check out the affiliate page. These are companies that I believe in that I personally shop with. And of course, if you use the promo code CHURCHONSTATE on those, you'll be helping to support us And many of those you'll get a discount on as well. And speaking of the donations or support, I should say, we do need your help, ladies and gentlemen. We are continuing to press forward. And boy, I tell you, we have just, as of late, I mean, the amount of people wanting to come on the show, to be interviewed, the amount of people that want to bring us on different networks, obviously this AM, FM syndication, but we're just continuing to expand at a scale that's almost hard to keep up with, to be quite honest. So please hit the donate button for us. We're growing and you can be a part of it. Lastly, if you want to get ahold of us, church and state 1776 at proton.me. With that, as you can see, I've got a special guest in studio with me. Uh, sometimes a cohost almost, if you will. Uh, but Rob Linebarger, he is the chair of the Spokane County GOP. Uh, one I'm a big fan of, um, to be quite honest. And Rob, we had, uh, quite, quite an event, quite the weekend. Uh, didn't we?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great weekend. Uh, great time at our convention, and thanks for being there to record it and give us the video and audio transcript of everything that was said and done. It's been very helpful for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would imagine it would be. It was kind of interesting. We were the only media really there. There was a few that ended up actually watching our live stream. One reporter kind of outside as well, but It was kind of funny for me to have the Spokesman Review, not the Inlander, Range. Range has actually been fairly nice to me, but the Spokesman Review has attacked me a number of times, and here they are watching my live stream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. They're challenged with— let's say, fair and balanced every, you know, so often. But, you know, they wrote a big article, front page news, we'll talk about it, the purity test, right? Everything that happened, all the good stuff that happened at the convention, of course, they pick out the purity test comment, and then that becomes their headline, right?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, they're obviously watching this program if they knew to go to the live stream. So they might even write a story about this interview right here. So hi, spokesman, or any of the other mainstream news that might be watching. Yeah, we had the Spokane GOP convention. And during this, you guys, well, I mean, you put in a ton of work, a lot of work to really describe what a Republican truly is.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. And, you know, and It describes what the, you know, the characteristics that we want to associate with, right? You know, we're all different. We do things different ways. And I believe, you know, Al Merkel, who led our resolutions process and was also very helpful in creating the platform as well. He participated in both committees. there's that 10% that he talks about where we just can't compromise on it. And I'll go through here in a minute, but given what the press is not reporting on, I think by omission, they agree with us. Should I go over a few of those?
Speaker 3: Please do.
Speaker 2: Okay, because these have been somewhat controversial in the past, right? So let's just kind of go through them. So In our platform, and I'll say more specifically in our resolutions, the first one, affirming the sanctity, dignity, and protection of human life. Did you see any comment on that in any reports?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Anything negative about our position on that by the left-wing media?
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, they're going to be opposed to that because they didn't see it.
Speaker 2: Guess what? They must agree with it now. Because they didn't focus on that. Affirming strong family focus. Did they criticize us on that?
Speaker 3: No, no, they didn't. Even though they, you know, they hate the family unit. I know.
Speaker 2: What about our God-given unalienable rights? Our rights come from God. It's both in our platform, which, by the way, people come to the fair and get one of these. We have them in pamphlet form. But did they give us any brushback on our rights coming from God?
Speaker 3: Maybe they're going back to being constitutionally oriented, because that is what the Declaration of Independence says.
Speaker 2: Well, it does. Absolutely. And those are one of our core values, our life, liberty, pursuit of happiness. But they did give us a lot of grief on protecting people from weather modification. In fact, I think the quote was that we're a bunch of wackadoos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're like Bigfooters. I remember that quote. You know, I would just tell people to look up. It's pretty easy to see. And even beyond that, if you don't have just questions about these clouds that kind of vaporize and descend down and we're all of a sudden in this haze. Maybe read the article about the Chinese bragging during the Olympics where they actually seeded the clouds to ensure that it wouldn't rain during the Olympics. Yeah, weather modification is real by their own admission.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's this agency called, I think, the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA. They have these missions. They fly with the Hurricane Hunter, the C-130s. Yeah, those guys, I did some work with them in a previous life. They admit it. And that mission's been on books since the LBJ administration as far as weather control, weather weaponization, things like that. So anyway, but one of my chair force people that was there disagreed with it, and that's fine. We like people to disagree, too. We can have that conversation.
Speaker 3: We can, and that's the thing. Let me point this out.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 3: There are specific things that if you want to be a Republican, especially an elected Republican, there are that 10% things like we do not compromise on these issues. If you have questions about weather modification, if you think, no, that just can't be true, that doesn't mean that you can't be a Republican. Nobody's saying that.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: You know, having an opposing opinion to the resolutions on a weather modification is not going to get you denied an endorsement. Sure.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: But advocating for abortion on demand probably will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as it should be. And let me just say this. You know, Rob, for a long time, the Republican Party, just as a whole, right, has had this belief, the big tent. We got to go more towards them. We got to get more central, right, in order to attract the voters. I'll tell you what. People are sick of that. People are absolutely sick of that. And I point to, like, movies all the time on this show. When you're watching a movie, and especially guys, right? I always bring up like William Wallace, right? Braveheart. Like we all want to identify with William Wallace. But it's such a good analogy because there was the other heads of the clans that were like, we got to compromise with the king. Look, we're getting land. Yeah, it's not a great situation. William Wallace took a hard stand. And that's what you're doing with the GOP. This is a hard line. I tend to think that the vast majority of Americans who are on the conservative spectrum, they want that hard line.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely correct. And, um, I would say I've received between phone calls, uh, text messages and emails, um, 30 post, uh, um, convention, you know, they've reached out and given me feedback on it. Um, these aren't like regular party people. These are people that were there as delegates and aren't, you know, part of the day to day. Um, And they all basically said the same thing. And, you know, you ran a campaign. You were an elected official at one time as a Valley City Councilman. You know, in the end, all politics is just a numbers game.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: You can go out, you know, the endorsements. OK, great. They're nice to put on your, you know, your media pamphlet or whatever. But if those endorsements don't mean anything and people don't recognize those as having value, they, you know, then they don't do you any good. And kind of back to your point, it's like. What I call out the name I have for these people are, you know, like the relics or the fossils from the party.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: You know, they're you know, they have that mindset where we need if I can't like engage Democrats to come with us, we can't win. And again, you know, the numbers are, well, if you just go look at the voter rolls, the number of Republicans that used to vote that don't. Why don't you try going and asking them to come back? I think that's I think that's a better proposition. I think you have a higher probability of success of getting somebody that's with you. But like you said, they are so disgusted in being told one thing and. then there's no follow through on it. Or it's like, say anything to get elected. But where are the results? And they're tired of being betrayed. And I hear that betrayal comment, you know, all the time. It's like, you know, why should I do? Why should I get involved? They're just going to let us down. So that's why we have a standard now. At least we can say, hey, you know, and, you know, there are some prominent politicians here locally in the county level who I have great respect for. We're not asking you to take an oath, right? OK, you know, so, you know, you don't have to like raise your hand and, you know, put your other one on the Bible and say, I'm going to follow the GOP platform or, you know, you know. or I can't be a Republican. No, we're not saying that. What we're saying is when you have a chance to advocate for a position, make sure you do it. Stand with us, you know, and don't try to court the other side by betraying us. We, you know, we have to have a standard. We have to have a measuring stick to evaluate people on. And also, our volunteers' time is just as valuable as the politicians' time that, I don't know what they do day to day, but, you know, but a lot of volunteer time, a lot of volunteer money goes into these things, and we want results. And You know, for myself as the chair to get people to, you know, to work on behalf of the party and work on behalf of these politicians who I get calls from all the time. Hey, can I get door knockers? Can I get, you know, this person to come to this event or that event? It's getting very hard to do because that, you know, that trust factor is just not there anymore.
Speaker 3: I think that's incredibly well said. And to any elected officials watching this, I think that's good advice for you. Like, hey, get back to the base. Get back to those disillusioned voters. Rob, let me ask you something, because this purity test, and that's the name of the episode for it, but that was screaming from the headlines, a purity test as far as Republicans are concerned. I find that argument to be bunk, personally. And I wanted to ask you this. If If the Spokane GOP had decided upon a purity test for those that were going to be associated with the party, why would a very open libertarian platform– I mean I'm very open about that. Church and state is a libertarian platform. Would I not fail that purity test? Why would you invite me to cover the Spokane Convention? Why would you be a constant guest on this show? Why would you have me cover other events that you guys have done? Wouldn't I have failed that purity test?
Speaker 2: Well, I think this is a hypothetical because there's no purity test. Is that right?
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay. So hypothetically— If there were a purity test, it would be a purity test for that 10% that we just will not compromise on. Primarily, the sanctity of life. All life is valuable from the moment of conception until natural death. We don't want to evolve into one of these societies, let's say like Canada, like, hey, grandma, you're no longer paying taxes, so it's time to euthanize you. We don't want that. Yeah. You know, I said that would probably be something that was in it. But the purity test issue is really coming up from our local politicians about taxes. Okay, that was the main argument you were there. Would you agree with that? They were arguing over the taxes. So one of the arguments was, you know, the bond for the new jail that I think has failed three times. Don't quote me on that, but I believe it's three times, maybe twice. But it has failed in the past. It can't get to 60% on that thing. And okay. Is there a purity test? If, if you're, um, if, if you're a, uh, the auditor for Spokane County, are we forcing you to take an oath, um, to no new taxes for the jail?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Um, What we're saying is before you slap a new tax, because if you if you look at your property tax bill, it is just laden with levies and bonds. Now, it's it's it's unaffordable. It absolutely is. It's crushing people. And these I don't know if these people are like not aware of it or or what. I mean, do they think that message resonates with people that can barely pay their taxes that they want to give them another tax? No, it's a horrible message. So what we're asking them to do, and maybe this is the purity test, before you do that, why don't you go look at stuff that's not working and see how much you can save to pay for it before you ask us for more money? Because guess what? We're done paying more money. It's not going to pass. No matter how you sugarcoat it, it's not going to pass unless you show us how you're going to cut in other areas. And, you know, coming up on this will be the Central Valley– school board levy that's coming up, which is already catching fire. It's all over social media already. You know, one of their board members, you know, I think voted for it. Maybe I don't know what I didn't look at the vote, but then came out and did very dramatic speech against it, you know, at the board meeting people. I mean, I'm getting already getting calls and feedback on this. We're done supporting those things. And one of our resolutions is to raise that threshold back up to 60%, which we talked about on the last show, so that the person that's, you know, the 50.001 vote for it doesn't get to tax all of us. I mean, that's really, if you go back to the history of our country, taxation without representation, they're going to say, yeah, majority voted for it. Yeah, but half of us don't vote for it, and we have to pay it anyway, and we're done with that as well.
Speaker 3: So, Rob, are you suggesting that the Republican Party, a party that's supposed to be about lower taxes and reducing government, should actually do that?
Speaker 2: Should actually lower taxes and reduce government.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, and I think I said this on the last show, the first thing they need to do is look at personnel. Personnel are your biggest cost.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: And then along with those personnel go the programs that they run. And if you don't need those personnel, because the programs are ineffective, then you kill two with one, two birds with one stone. You're not buying material. You're not wasting money for it. You're not doing the never ending. Oh, let's do a study and find out, you know, if it's worth doing it.
Speaker 3: Which by the way, those studies cost money.
Speaker 2: Of course. So, I mean, yeah, let's give a purchase order to a think tank to tell us something that we, like just an average person can say, hey, that's a dumb idea.
Speaker 3: I mean, you were just talking about volunteers. I guarantee you there's a lot of volunteers in the GOP that'd be more than happy to donate their time to being part of a independent volunteer think tank on any given subject within government.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't take years to get the answer.
Speaker 3: No, it wouldn't. It'd be one meeting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe you'd have to bring in some donuts to feed them. But other than that, yeah, it'd be basically free. And they'd tell you, no, we don't like this. It doesn't work. And these think tanks, which are typically at the national scale, you know, they say, well, Baltimore did this. We're not Baltimore. It may not work for us.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. It's really crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 3: So in typical fashion— you're getting attacked. And I was actually sitting there and watching as we're streaming this, and I'm genuinely amused by everything around me. That's just my personality. And I was watching as the attacks lined up against you. Now, I wasn't amused that you were getting attacked. I was just amused because it's politics. And I knew it was going to fail, but I could watch it be engineered against you. I could see the players that were coming out against you. But what I was overjoyed with was how much support you actually had in this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There were about, I would say, roughly 10 people who coordinated what you were just talking about. In fact, there were four in particular that wanted to disrupt the proceeding right from the beginning. I knew it was coming. I hired private security to make sure there was no liability for the party as far as, oh, no, you laid your hands on me to throw me out of the building or whatever. I've already been called back saying, you know, they're going to try to sue me because I violated the Public Meetings Act. I'm like, we're a private corporation. That was a private event. That was not a public meeting. So go ahead, do that. But, yeah, there were some people there. But just to kind of put it in perspective, you know, the platform, the platform passed 159 to 3, okay, with nine abstentions. Okay, that's greater than 95%. Okay. Is it perfect?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, and you know what? Going forward, it could be amended. I mean, the biggest and most ridiculous argument against passing the platform was from a couple people that said they live out in the sticks and they don't got good broadband.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: So they wanted to postpone it for two years because. But then I first thing that came to my mind was I thought like right before she retired from Congress, Kathy McMorris Rogers said that the Rural Broadband Act, I believe, billions of dollars. Shouldn't all those people have ditches with coax cable going to their huts or wherever they live by this point? Where'd that money go? Yeah, good question. And since then, because I work in tech, but since then, you no longer lead Comcast broadband. You can get Starlink. It's very effective.
Speaker 3: Rob, you know I live out in the sticks.
Speaker 2: I do, too. I live on top of a mountain.
Speaker 3: You do, and I use Starlink, and it works great.
Speaker 2: It's great. Yeah, so that was the chief argument. And then, you know, the resolutions, they tried to break those up, go through them one by one, which I wasn't against, and I expected that. And we entertained that, but in the end, the combined and collective wisdom of the assembly, all the delegates that were assembled voted against that. They passed the resolutions, and I believe the vote on the resolutions was like a 90 to 10 when you do the numbers, something like that. you know, 144, 140, you know, yeas. I think there were like maybe nine nos, and there were 19 abstentions or something like that. And so that thing overwhelmingly passed. And then we considered some, you know, some amplifying resolutions, we call them where people wanted more detail than what we had in the packet itself. None of those passed, and that's fine. But bottom line was, everybody's voice was heard within reason and within time. But like you said, there were people that were stepping up to the mic that wanted to kind of disrupt it and throw people off track. And then I've got several calls thanking me, like, thanks for not falling for it, right? Keeping the meeting going. So we got out of there, and before I gaveled it out, what did I say? We were six minutes early from getting out of here on a Saturday afternoon. That's pretty good, yeah. Yeah, it was a good meeting.
Speaker 3: I want to point this out as well. You've been talking about the delegates. These are representatives of people that identify as Republicans. You're either identifying as a hard Republican or a soft Republican, and these are your representatives. They're elected, actually, for those of you who aren't aware of that. Your precinct committee officer is on your ballot today. And you can run against them if you don't like the direction or position of the party. But these are your representatives. So these aren't a bunch of elitists just making decisions for the people of Spokane County.
Speaker 2: No, far from it, actually. And, you know, those precinct committee officers like you talk about, they hold a caucus. And their neighbors from their precinct come to the caucus. And those are the people that become the delegates. So these aren't, you know— day-to-day political hacks. Um, you know, these aren't party people, you know, like me who do this, have to do this every day, you know, as a volunteer in the party, these are people that have, you know, normal lives and, but they took, they took their time out to come to a caucus and to the convention. And we appreciate that. And, you know, in a presidential year, we'll have a thousand people this year. We had, I think, 297 sign up, 171 show up. Um, but again, that's a representative sample of the community and, and every, everybody, you know, we didn't ask for credentials at the caucuses. Like how did you check the box in the last presidential election when you declared to vote in the primary for a Republican or a Democrat? I mean, we can, we can see that in, in the voter data, but no, we, we welcomed all of our neighbors to come participate. And I, you know, that, that is really the, you know, the best part of, you know, the community and American in general is that we'd have those grassroots voices that do show up and participate.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Um, One of the other things that some people had an issue with was... having media pay a small fee for having access to this. And, you know, there's this, well, they're holding back the fourth pillar, right, that it's supposed to watch the government. Number one, this wasn't the government. This is the party. So I would point that out as well. But you want to address that? Like, I don't have an issue with paying you 100 bucks to go and and report on what was going on during the convention.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: The convention is an expense. It costs money to put it on. It costs money to print all the paper. It costs money to have security. We have to pay for the venue. And it's not uncommon at a private event to have media pay for their credentials because we have to process those credentials as well. So, you know, we're not making, you know, a bunch of money off it. It's, you know, that's the cost of doing business. And if they didn't want to be inside the room, they could have tuned in live to your show, which is great. Like I said, we got an audio and visual transcript of it, and then I could drop it into AI. I can get a written transcript of everything as well. And I believe, you know, some of them did watch it, and they reported on it, and I believe that was the same. Other than just seeing, like, the raw motion for the moment, you could see it on screen.
Speaker 5: Yeah. true.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: And I'll just point out, like I've been media at the reawakened tours. I've been a media at CPAC. Uh, I've been a media at the shot show. Uh, and I've had to pay every single time for those credentials. Uh, all right. So this isn't like you're just singling out the spokesman review or, or range media because you don't like them. No, it's pretty standard practice actually. No.
Speaker 2: In fact, I sent an email to every media that I'm aware of locally and invited them all. And, and, uh, The spokesman did come back to me and kind of like, really? Are you going to charge us? I'm like, yeah, you got to buy a ticket.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And part of that, you could have had part of the barbecue, too.
Speaker 2: They could have. You know, that was the other thing. Right.
Speaker 3: They don't eat meat, though, anyway. Yeah. One of the things I got to say that I really like about you, Rob, and I've seen a lot of different chairs within the local GOP here. You got a warrior spirit. Maybe that's why we get along here. But I've seen other chairs, both good and bad, that because of the nature of the job and the attacks that you're going to experience here, they burn out, they get tired of it. But you just seem to be rushing into the battlefield every time I see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's maybe because I have like a numb brain. I don't know what it is. But I do suffer from burnout periodically, but I'll be honest with you. And, you know, you've experienced this for yourself, I'm sure. You know, when you have unit integrity, like, you know, whether you're serving in a squad or a platoon or whatever, you know, people have your back and you have theirs. We have such terrific people in our organization that do the heavy lifting. You know, and I serve every day, you know, largely because of them. These are just, you know, great people. I consider some of them, you know, family, probably most of them. And, you know, you have to get some enjoyment, you know, out of things you do in life. And I really enjoy working with those people. And that's why I do it.
Speaker 3: Sure. Sure. Now, one of the speeches that I want to highlight was Jonathan Bingle. It was dynamite. It truly was. And Jonathan Bingle, whereas some within the Republican Party kind of shy away from their faith. Jonathan Bingle just embraces it and goes right for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And we do have a little segment that I'd like to show for the audience. And Chris is going to bring that up here. But we're not going to play the whole thing. But it was I mean, he I would say he was probably the most dynamic of the speakers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he was there for a reason. And he delivered big time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he definitely did. Chris, do we have that ready? All right. Let's go ahead and play that for the audience then.
Speaker 4: For those of you who don't know, my name is Jonathan Bingle. I am a recovering Spokane City Council member. I got to joyfully serve with my friend Michael Cathcart. And now I'm running for state representative because there are a lot of issues in front of us. And I obviously care about good governance. I care about lower taxes. I care about you keeping more of your money. I care about them not indoctrinating our kids. I care about all this, but I think that there's something that we have to talk about today. And there is a sickness in America today.
Speaker 3: And I don't know about you. I'm tired of losing.
Speaker 4: I went to Rogers High School. I lost everything ever. And I'm so sick of losing.
Speaker 3: I want to win. And I believe I'm surrounded by people who also feel that way. If you want to win, raise your hand. Tell me you want to win. I want to win.
Speaker 4: Let's go. I want to win. I want to win not just because I hate losing, but I do. And Michael Jordan and I have that in common. That's the only thing we have in common. But I also hate losing more than I like winning. But I hate losing and I want to win. And I want to win not just because I hate losing, but because losing really determines the future of the state of Washington.
Speaker 3: Say it louder. Let's go. I like it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing that I think we all need to realize. Is there any media in the room? Any media in the room?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Church and states in the room. Okay. Here's the deal. I'm going to say a very bold statement.
Speaker 4: We are in a war and I want to win.
Speaker 3: And we'll say it again. We are in a war and I want to win.
Speaker 4: Now, before the spokesman misquotes me, okay, I don't mean a literal war.
Speaker 3: I think that's very important to say.
Speaker 4: But we are in a spiritual battle for the souls of our people and the soul of this country. We have a real sickness in the United States. And unfortunately, socialism has taken root in the United States and is radically reshaping the Democrat Party. The establishment Democrats are trying to fight back, but it's a too little too late situation.
Speaker 3: The cancer has spread.
Speaker 4: The establishment Democrats have months left to live before the Democratic Socialists of America are a major political party in the United States.
Speaker 3: Do we understand that? As much as I– yes, I love the preachback. Let's go.
Speaker 4: As much as I disagree with my Democrat friends, I don't want the Democrat Party to fade away and become Democratic Socialists of America because– All right, let's go ahead and.
Speaker 3: Pause there, Chris. We've got that hard break coming up here. We're going to come back, though. We're going to finish this conversation with my special guest, Rob Leinbarger. This is Caleb Collier with churchandstate.media. Ladies and gentlemen, if you're not sleeping on my pillow, do you even patriot? I've got to tell you, this is the most wonderful stuff from a man who's given it all– For your freedoms, whether it be the pillow, the sheets or the slippers. I absolutely adore my pillow. My pillow has the greatest products around. I know when I want to shuffle around in my bathrobe and slippers and yell at the neighbors. Of course, I'm buying from my pillow. I need you to head on over to church and state media. Scroll over to shop. Because every single time that you purchase any of these products using the promo code CHURCHANDSTATE, you ensure that we keep our message out on the air.
Speaker 5: I thank everybody for your support in using the promo code CHURCHANDSTATE. You guys go to mypillow.com forward slash CHURCHANDSTATE too, and then you get your own little platform right there, everybody.
Speaker 3: And we are back. Thank you for staying with us. You're over at churchandstate.media. We're going to go right back into the conversation. But real quick, let me plug one of our awesome affiliates. And hey, if you like nicotine as much as I do, maybe you have some concerns. about it. Maybe you're tired of the elevated heart rate or the elevated blood pressure. There is another solution, and it's called Patriot Pouch. These guys are great. It's a Christian, it's a It's not nicotine, it's nixidine. It hits the same receptors in your brain as nicotine does, but without some of those side effects. So check it out. It's something that I've used before and I enjoy. Patriot Pouch, and use that promo code CHURCHANDSTATE for a discount, and of course, help support us. And one more time, hit the donate button. Man, I gotta tell you, being a part of NRB TV and Prepper Broadcasting Network and all these different other networks that we're a part of, I love it. I'm so appreciative to be part of their networks, but we need help to continue. And so please hit that donate button for us. Keep us alive. All right. With that, let's go ahead and go back to our guest, Rob Leinbarger. And we're talking about the GOP. We just heard Jonathan Bingle speaking there. He went in to talk about the armor of God. We're not going to play the whole thing. It was a long speech. It was a really good speech. But he really embraced his Christianity and the spiritual war that we currently find ourselves in.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. And, you know, so the, the, the first three core values in our platform are faith, family, and freedom. And he brilliantly covered all of those, right? He, you know, the spiritual war became the, I guess the co-headline along with the purity test, right? That's what, you know, that was the focus of that. And, um, you know, I, I remember back, I gave a three minute speech at a school board meeting and talked about the spiritual war and, you know, during, you know, the mass times and all that. And, uh, You know, they demonize me for that too. They hate that. It's, you know, it's like showing Dracula the cross when you mentioned, you know, the spiritual war, but it is true. And it's not the spiritual war because we're trying to drive anybody to any particular doctrine or religion. The spiritual war is against good and evil. And if you can't clearly see good and evil that's being done, particularly in government, government is, I would say, 90% evil. Okay. Just, you know, whether it's because they, you know, confiscate our money, misspend it, fraud, waste, and abuse. I mean, I can go through, you know, a litany of things. The people might not all be evil, but I believe that the mission mostly is. And that's my personal opinion. And I think he outlined that greatly. But I've given him the cool call sign, Spokane's favorite son. And I really believe that. I mean, he's a rock star. And when his speech was over, I told everybody at the convention, next opportunity, bow your head and pray that we're inaugurating him someday as the next governor of Washington State. Because how great would that be?
Speaker 3: I think they'd be really interesting. You know, Washington State, I'm not going to hold my breath on that one, but congressman, yes. I could definitely see Jonathan Bingle being a congressman. And he is. He's very... political, but not in the negative sense, not in the sense that people are like, oh, he's a politician. No, I've been in the trenches with Jonathan Meagle. I've known him for years. He used to stand with us when we were doing the church events outside of Planned Parenthood, even though he got attacked for it during the whole COVID fiasco. He refused to wear a mask. And that's somebody that, to me, that has principle. Those are the kind of people that I'm looking for to move into positions of higher power and Uh, that's why I endorsed him heavily. I know you guys are thrilled. Uh, and I think he is going to be our next state representative.
Speaker 2: He's fearless.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Right.
Speaker 2: No, and there's no doubt. And he and Alan Nolan, both in the sixth legislative district, that is a great team. Um, both of them can, you know, I don't know how much work you can do with the other side. You know, people talk about, I crossed the aisle and, and, uh, you know, uh, one of my paragraphs got slid into a bill. Okay, great. But you know, um, But those guys, I mean, they're not going there to make enemies. That's kind of my point here. And You know, I believe, you know, in God's plan and someday God's plan is to correct this election mess that we have, which, again, is one of our resolutions to secure elections. Maybe it's going to come sooner rather than later. But once once we can get rid of the fraud and people like, oh, fraud is rare and, you know, things like this. And I'm like, well, you know, like every person that is in this country illegally or legally that gets a driver's license is registered to vote through the motor voter laws, including Washington state. Is people aware of that? They get a ballot. A lot of them vote, right? And I made a comment on Fakebook the other day that, you know, if you send a fraudulent ballot through the mail, it's a federal crime, right? It's, it's mail fraud. If you deliver the ballot that, you know, to somebody that is not eligible to vote, it's a crime. And I think that's, that's, you know, what the Trump administration is going after now is to try to drill down on that. And I believe today, Washington's one of 24 states that are going to fight that in court with your money, by the way. And, uh, so yeah, that battle's coming and I think we need to have that fight.
Speaker 3: I would completely agree. I got to say this as well, Rob, um, I see Spokane on the cusp. Um, We've lost the city in a lot of ways. It's pretty much completely Democrat-controlled now. And we've seen the fruits of their labor. And by that, I mean nobody wants to go downtown anymore. I just saw the story. 7-Eleven had been declared a nuisance property again. It's like their third time. But nobody's going downtown. And Spokane's a beautiful city. It really is. It has a river running through it, the park. It's a beautiful area that nobody wants to go to. Well, I think the public is going to start, I don't know, realizing, putting a correlation between the Democrat policies and the condition of their city. And I see the Spokane GOP poised to really make some inroads here and perhaps to regain some control. Maybe not in the third. That might be forever lost. I don't know. But we could see some control come back to people that are, in my opinion, a lot more sensible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I think you're going to see is there's a generation of people whose shelf life is about to expire. Okay, that would be my generation and older.
Speaker 3: Um, thank you for not including me in that, by the way.
Speaker 2: No, you're just a youngster. Um, but I, the thing that I'm, you know, particularly enthused about is the number of young people that we talk with that do not, you know, share the same, you know, beliefs and paradigms as those people where, you know, all government is good. Trust the government, right? These, these, these young, I think these young people more than not are going to come, you know, towards the, you know, conservative, uh, point of view, maybe not Republicans, but I doubt if they're going to be voting for the type of Democrat socialists like we're talking about. They don't want that. They're getting crushed as well. They can't find jobs. They can't buy a house. It's hard to start a family. I think they're coming our way. And so it might not be tomorrow, but I think at some point in the future, this coin is going to flip and we'll all be better off for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Let me speak to that because while I identify as that younger generation, So as a libertarian, I can say that in the local elections, I primarily vote Republican.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: There are some that I don't vote for. And I have my reasons for that. And I've done, you know, my my takes on elections. But there are people that I don't vote for. But primarily, yeah, I look to it. And especially with the current state of the GOP in this county. Yeah, I pretty much vote Republican on that.
Speaker 2: That's great to hear. And, you know, if we can, like I said, if we can get the people that have lost confidence back and re-engage with them, even if that engagement is as simple as, hey, cast a vote, right? We're not asking you who you vote for or just like, hey, come back. You know, I think, you know, the future is bright if we can get those. Converting Democrats is mathematically impossible. And let me kind of restate that. It's mathematically impossible. to convert enough Democrats. Like, for example, we have a person who's a very extremely qualified candidate, warrior, Natalie Paulson running in the third. If the strategy, and I'm not saying this is her strategy, but if the strategy is to go out and convert 7,000 Democrats so that she can overcome the Democrats, that's impossible. OK, but if let's say seven thousand is the number in the spread, you have a better chance of going out there and finding out the seven thousand people in her district that didn't vote last time, didn't vote in the primary. and engage them and get them to vote, you have a better chance of catching up doing that. So let's try that strategy first before we try to go change the hearts and minds of people that vehemently disagree with us.
Speaker 3: You know, I like that strategy. And I mean, I've doorbelled myself for my own campaign and for other people's campaigns. And typically what you get is a list of hard Ds, soft Ds, independents, soft Rs, and hard Rs. And then as you walk the houses, you go and typically hit Those three, you'll hit the independents, but typically your emphasis is on the hard R's and soft R's. If you did a walking list of just people who didn't vote, that's a great idea. That's a winning strategy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's what they call a green field, right?
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: Just go out and harvest it. And if you've ever been in sales, let's say like telemarketing, the person that gets the renewals, is making all the money, right? The person that gets the cold call, they're lucky to get one sale a day, right? You know, there's all kinds of analogies you can use for this, but try to go out and engage with people that we know believe with us. And again, I hear this all the time. It's like, why should I? Well, give us, give them a reason to come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I would agree. I also wanted to play a short little clip from Alan Nolan. You brought him up. He's going to be, in my opinion, he's going to be the seatmate of Jonathan Bingo when they both win in November here. But Alan Nolan had some great things to say, and I'd love to highlight that as well. Chris, do you have that one available also?
Speaker 1: Good morning I'm Alan Nolan and I'm gonna put these on not because I can't see but because they're cool so just want you to make that perfectly clear I tell you what I like that I see a lot of red white and blue out in the audience so I want to ask how many people have a flag at their house or in their yard Yeah, I like that we got so many hands. I tell you what, when I walk around knocking on doors for the sixth legislative district where Jonathan and I are running to bring leadership back to Olympia from our region, one of the things I think about is my Democrat opponent where what does it feel like for them to look at a house with a flag and a flag and a truck and think, I probably shouldn't go there.
Speaker 3: They're not going to be my voters.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, I thank God that that is not a problem that any of our candidates have. And that's not a problem that any of us here in this room have. And that is what I'm helping to look to bring, and I'm really glad to be here and speak to this group, especially about the platform today. Because faith, family, and freedom, That's the foundation that has made America great, that has brought our success and made us the envy of the world. And the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, those that are drawn from the Declaration of Independence, those are the couple of principles that help define what has made our country successful. I've read through our platform and I wrote to Rob and I told him, it is.
Speaker 3: A great document.
Speaker 1: So whoever had a hand in writing that, congratulations, you did a fantastic job. And this platform is important because it's a beacon for us to gather around to help define our beliefs and a tool for us to help convey that to our community. It's the glue that helps hold our party together. And one of the important things about it is that The platform is not about people. There's no one's name written on it. Like I mentioned, I don't know who wrote it. No one's name is attached to it. The important part is the ideals, not the individuals. And that is what we hold our loyalty to, both as Americans and as Republicans. I want to actually also say thanks to Rob for the article that he wrote yesterday about in the Defender. I think that he did a great job of talking about that and focusing on that our goal here today should be to define and put forward those principles and ideals that we are going to fight for as a party. And those ideals are important because they help us when we have to do things like measure somebody who says they're an independent. By going and looking at what they actually say and seeing are they really independent? Are they just a wolf in sheep's clothing?
Speaker 3: Go ahead and pause it there, Chris. I think that's a fantastic statement right there by Alan Nolan.
Speaker 2: You are.
Speaker 3: You're examining people. That's what we do. Labels serve a purpose. And if somebody is identifying as an independent, and there were a lot of independents in this last race, are they actually independent? Or are they just claiming that because they've looked at the numbers in the district or area that they want to represent? is primarily red. So they are like, well, I'm not a Democrat. I'm an independent. I think this is a great thing. And I will also point out that Alan Nolan didn't attack the platform. No, he embraced it. He said it was a great platform. Those are the kind of people I want to support, Rob.
Speaker 2: That's right. And a couple of things. So Alan Nolan is a leader who's led under fire. OK, that guy deserves your vote. OK, he's going to do a great job. He's not some, you know, policy wonk that came up through some think tank and now, you know, and then was a legislative aide and now wants to be a politician for life. No, that's not him. He's a small business owner. He was an F-16 pilot in the Air Force. The guy the guy is the real deal. The other one I'll just mention real quickly is Trent Mayer. So Trent Mayer owns Trailbreaker Cider out in Liberty Lake. He's a small business owner, and I give him the award for accomplishing the most in the least amount of time. He didn't have a prepared speech. He stood up there. It was genuine. He says, hey, I own a business. It's tough. I get it. But I think he called it the cheat code or something like that where, hey, I'm running for office because I figured out that I can go there and make a difference. And when I was talking with him, I'm like, Trent, you want to know what really separates you from a lot of these people is you've signed paychecks and had to give away your own money to people that work for you. And it is true. A lot of these people that get into government, they've never done that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So Trent had some great points. And one of them that stuck with me is he said, you know, I don't know if it was in the previous year or years, on average, $ 12, 000 of additional expense to his business through useless non-value add regulation. A lot of those, I mean, it might be state level, it might be county, it might be city, literally like there's no value in there. But you know what the key point is? He can't raise his prices. People won't show up and buy his product. He can't pay his people more money because the bonus is going to the government. And that's exactly what we're talking about here. Roll that stuff back. If you don't have a measurable benefit to the taxpayer, get rid of it. Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 3: And I just recently started liking ciders and it's not because of anything like that. Stop it. Stop it. I wasn't in the Navy. Anyway, but yeah, I mean, go frequent his business. I think this is a great candidate as well. I would echo that he would be a great addition to local government here. Rob, we've run out of time, but I want to just say I so appreciate your time here coming on the show. And I look forward to more of your leadership. I think it's exactly what the Spokane GOP needed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Caleb. Thanks, Chris. And save America. Vote Republican.
Speaker 3: All right, there you go. All right, ladies and gentlemen. Hey, Rob Leinbarger breaking it down. You know, if you had questions, if you read maybe the article from the spokesman or from Range and you were like, well, what exactly happened? Here we go. From the horse's mouth, as it were, right there from Rob Leinbarger. The Church and State is brought to you in part by Colonial Life Spoken, Independent Agents, Finders Insurance, and Mark37. com. I'm Caleb Collier. I was born for a storm. Welcome to the fire. Hey, this is Caleb Collier with Church and State. I'm here to tell you about Hunter's Blend Coffee. I got to tell you, I absolutely love this stuff. I'm all about the dark roast. Hunter's Blend Coffee, black powder. Doesn't that just sound like deliciousness and rebellion? I got to tell you, in America, we don't drink tea. No, we drink coffee. It's the food of the gods, and I endorse and support Hunter's Blend Coffee. I got to tell you. tastes like freedom. So I need you to go over to churchandstate.media, scroll to Hunter's Blend Coffee, and use the promo code churchandstate to help support us. When you go to huntersblendcoffee.com, not only will you be getting a great cup of coffee, but you also, if you use the promo code churchandstate, be supporting Church and State in our dogged pursuit of truth. This is Caleb Collier with Church and State. Are you tired of your device spying on you? Ladies and gentlemen, we live in 1984. Your phones, your tablets, your smart televisions, they all are spying on you. And this is why I heavily endorse mark37. com. This is everything you need for your digital privacy. Phones, tablets, laptops, all of them are ghost protocoled. So that means that you are in charge of your own data. Just go to churchandstate.media, scroll over to shop, and hit mark37. com for all of your privacy needs. Make sure to use that promo code churchandstate. Hey, this is Caleb Collier with Church and State, and I want to tell you about a great product, Liberty Cigars. I know for myself, there's nothing grander than sitting around a campfire, having a great theology discussion with a group of men while smoking a cigar. That's why I love Liberty Cigars. Every cigar has a story to tell. Not only are you going to be smoking the finest cigars on the market, but you're also going to get a history lesson with every single one of them. From George Washington to Thomas Jefferson, the heroes of the American Revolution, generals, presidents throughout history. I'm telling you, I absolutely love Liberty Cigars. I need you to go to libertycigars.com. Use that promo code CHURCHANDSTATE. You'll get a discount, and you'll also be helping to support Church and State with everything that we do.