Speaker 1: It's the I'm Still Fun podcast with Fallon and Jenny. Hope you're having a good week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's just been busy. Yeah. I think for you too. Yeah, different busis.
Speaker 1: I guess like I had like an easy weekend. Your weekend was crazy, but my like week days have.
Speaker 2: Probably been crazier. Yeah, just because of the fair.
Speaker 1: But I know, like we kind of talked about like our complaints about the fair. But I will say two days in it's been great. I'm not looking forward to going out though. We record this on Mondays, so Monday it's supposed to be like ninety two today, so I do think I will be a sweaty, disgusting mess. But I did wear my hair up to start, like make it a little easier on myself. But it has been I don't know, it's been fun. I try to go into it with like a different mindset than I usually do. Usually go into it with dread. So I was like, no, look at it on the positive. You're going to get to meet people, You're going to get to have tasty foods. You do a show with a person that you genuinely like are friends with, and you.
Speaker 2: Like laugh with.
Speaker 1: It's going to be good fast, and so it's been like I've tried to do a mind shift and it's been fun.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: I was only out there like three hours so far because I didn't have to. I was a little bit late to my shift because of this wedding I had in Wisconsin on Friday night. But it was very hot on Saturday when we were there, and I wore jeans and like a strapless tank top thing and so like on top, I felt okay, but like the Jane situation was like too much on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Change.
Speaker 3: At some point, I did change in the leggings to go on a unicycle, and then I also changed out of that into like a skirt because Andrew and I hung out later together.
Speaker 2: Somebody, yeah, the changes of the State Fair. I should have just kept the leggings on. From that point.
Speaker 3: The skirt was fine, but then there was like some thigh chafing at that point and it was.
Speaker 1: Just anything under that skirt. No, Jenny, you are a serial killer.
Speaker 3: We literally sat on Lulu's rooftop for like an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: You had the most prime seats on How you got it. I've never even been on their rooftop. We went up there.
Speaker 3: It was completely packed, and then we went back down and Andrew's like, those people are leaving. So I stayed down because I was like, I'm not walking back and back up there again. And so he gets up there and he just like zoomed in real quick. Yeah, and they were they were empty for about ten seconds before he got to them, and I was like, he's not going to get them. Someone else is gonna snag him. So we honestly had the best people watching spot ever see that. Yeah, and we just sat there and chilled and I tried to eat a lot of food, but I just couldn't because it was just so uncomfortable hot, it's gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I still tried things, but it was a lot of like sharing with Andrew. So I only had like three of the new food items and they were all really really good for the most part. Everything else Andrew kind of just like gave me a bite of because you spent the afternoon out there.
Speaker 2: He's so weird.
Speaker 3: He just like goes out there and he was like, I'll run into people, I'll meet up with people, but like no one ended up, like everyone failed on Saturday, and so he just walked around while I worked for three hours.
Speaker 1: Crazy, no way. I never go to Lulu's. The line is always intimidating, and I'm like, there is I can't think of a single food on Earth I want to wait in line for. And while I get that, the ranch, the fried ranch is like an appeal this year.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I just oh, I did try the fried Ranch. I had it at the Jason Show. But I just can't think of a single food I would wait in a line like that for the only thing I haven't gotten. Well, I haven't gotten a lot of things this year. Day one, I got a Pronto pup. That's all I had. Day two, Jake was there with some coworkers, so I went and I had three Sweet Martha's cookies nice, and I got my Surloin steak mashed potato bowl that I like to get, And that is all I've had so far.
Speaker 2: So I still have never tried that.
Speaker 1: Like amish donut, the peaches donut or whatever it is, and I want to try it. It's like a huge glazed donut. Haven't gotten my fried pickles yet, So I think I'm going to try to get those two things.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: I tried to do like one thing a day, and I don't eat it all because I would make myself sick because it's too hot.
Speaker 2: But I haven't had time.
Speaker 1: By the time I get there and get to our booth, I'll be honest, people grab me and so I'm like, oh, I wanted to go grab food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, time.
Speaker 1: So then I've like, I just end up not eating typically time while we're there in the four hours.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I think it's you have how many two more shifts? Yep? Two more.
Speaker 3: But I'm also going out there for the Ludicris and Tea Pain Coss, so I will be out there for four days total, which I'm excited for that concert because I actually just like, man, I don't know how I missed this, but my friend from Chicago's in town for like two weeks. She's originally from Woodbury somewhere over there, and she texted me, She's like, hey, I'm in town, and I'm like, oh, I didn't know, Like, let's try to plan something. And then I saw that she had texted me literally like a month and a half ago, and so I was like, I have extra tickets for this concert because Andrew's actually going to go with some other friends, and so now I have extra tickets, and I'm excited to be able to get her into something because we never get to do stuff like that when she's in town.
Speaker 2: Usually it's like a quick dinner or something, and then it's not.
Speaker 1: About going to that concert because I feel like so many people are going and I want to see Ludacris so bad.
Speaker 2: Do you know who goes on first? I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would hope, well, actually no, I would actually hope it be Ludacris because I would be okay leaving a little bit early for tea Pain.
Speaker 1: I would be happy just seeing Ludacris and leaving.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't have that answer, so I guess we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you had a crazy busy weekend because you did your cousin's wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just.
Speaker 3: Went home for it. It's near my hometown, Oshkosh, and so we left right after I got into the morning show on Friday. I did get out of the morning show a little bit Earli, Otherwise I probably wouldn't have been at the ceremony on time. We got there and basically dropped our shit at the hotel and changed and got to the ceremony, and then we were at that until like ten pm, and then we went back to the hotel, tried to sleep for a handful of hours, neither of us could sleep very well, and then came back to do the State Fair. And I mean it was all it was a lot, don't get me wrong, but it was all really fun, yeah, for the most part.
Speaker 2: So in the end it was just like a little.
Speaker 3: Draining to the point where like I was so looking forward to sleeping Saturday night and I fell sleep really easily, but I like could not sleep in on Sunday morning really and I was like, God, I like need some sleep right now, and I couldn't. And I even like got up Pete went back to bed and tried to like fall back asleep for a while, and instead I just sat on my phone and waited for Andrew to get up because he was able to sleep.
Speaker 2: So it was a good time.
Speaker 3: It was great scene like my family, because there was family that came for this wedding that I haven't seen.
Speaker 2: In a long time.
Speaker 3: We danced quite a bit and it was very It was a very fun wedding because I mean, my cousin's only I think twenty three or twenty four. Yeah, so it was they're all young. They have a lot of young friends. People stay late to you know, it's not a bunch of people leaving early, like when the dance starts and whatever.
Speaker 1: How long was the dance? I saw yesterday Jordan who used to work on the morning show. He's a wedding DJ Tornado Jolly. He said there was a sweet spot for the dance. He said, if you planned four hours for the dance, it's way too FFing much. Yeah, he's I think you said, like two and a half three hours is the sweet spot. And I agree, Like, I agree because I've been to some weddings where the dance is like four hours and their weddings like we have to stay at because they're like family or friends that were really close to and by a couple hours in, I'm like, all right, yeah, I'm let's let's wrap this thing up. And I'm dreading looking at two more hours on the clock. So I'm in my own wedding.
Speaker 2: I was like that. I was like, can I go to bed yet?
Speaker 3: I was so drunk at your wedding. I had no idea what time anything was.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, I didn't even I forgot to tell you this. So Okay, their wedding, and I honestly didn't know how long the dance was because I knew I for sure wasn't going to be staying till the end, so I just I don't know. But the wedding and I had two weekends ago. It was out on like a apple orchard whatever it was outside. It was hot and all that stuff, and like, honestly, nobody was really dancing, and we ended up leaving at like nine fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and which was.
Speaker 3: Pretty for like leaving a pretty decent friend's wedding, and I felt like, like I felt really bad about that. But they had so they brought in catered food from like a Minneapolis Mexican restaurant. They came in and did a kind of like buffet style, and then they also like had a snacks table and it was all these giant things from Costco, so you know, you got your like animal crackers, your pretzels, whatever. And I was like, God, if I was in my Jenny era of Follan's wedding, I probably would have stolen something on the way out, but instead I did steal. I stole something, but it wasn't as bad.
Speaker 2: Some fruit snacks. I stole like five of them. That's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Andrew took some two. I shoved some in my purse. I was like, I gotta have some snacks for the road. It was like a forty five minute drive back whatever, Wow, thirty five minutes.
Speaker 2: You really couldn't hold off the snacks. I could it. That's fine, that's fine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This weekend was like not like that at all for me, And it wasn't like rushing around anything.
Speaker 2: But I did apply for a dog. You did? Yeah, Oh my gosh, yeah you did. Have you told me anything about this?
Speaker 1: I haven't, right, okay, I talked to like a few people about it this weekend, but you were busy, so I wasn't gonna bother you with it. But I found a dog that I think is, you know, cute. They ask, why did you pick this dog? I don't know, why does anyone pick a dog when they see it? Because I think it's cute. I think, you know, so I was like, I thought it was cute. But anyway, I applied. I don't know how long it takes to let me know if I'm that they're potentially gonna see it's a boy. I've never had a boy animal like ever.
Speaker 2: So is this the one you shared? Didn't you share a Pomeranian?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: He wasn't a palm.
Speaker 1: I shared like a It was like a Bernie poodle mini mixed thing.
Speaker 2: That one was. Her name was Cinnamon.
Speaker 1: That one like must have already been adopted before they even listed her.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't even apply, but she was gone within seconds. This one is a boy. And I sent the picture to like Tina and she already named him. And it's actually a pretty cute name. So if we get him, but this is what he looks.
Speaker 3: Like, Oh my gosh, so cute.
Speaker 2: He's pretty cute. I don't know. I mean, we'll see if I get him or not. But I was like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I told Jake he was off doing something and I had just gotten home from like plates or whatever Saturday, and I just went online and I applied for him. And I was like, I go, I don't know if I'm doing this because I'm emotional because it's like the one year anniversary of Elliott, or if I'm actually ready. But I also said I didn't want a puppy. And this dog was four months old. So I did look like I've been continuously looking for the past two or three months at like teenage dogs, if you will, and adult dogs. And then of course the rescues post a lot of the puppies. So this one I didn't see posted. Now it's posted, and I was like, oh, I don't post it. I don't want to have any competition for this dog. Yeah, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's it's what the process is.
Speaker 1: I they're based in Wisconsin, so we'd have to drive there, I think to see the dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And part of me is like, why am I doing this? Everything is so easy right now with Dolly, But it's gonna like, I don't know, I think some are so busy. Yeah, life's gonna slow down a little bit in like the next mother too. Yeah, and so then you'll have more free time and then you'll have a new puppy to hang out with.
Speaker 2: I know, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also when I showed all of the other dog, she goes ew and I was like, what the hell, I don't have that reaction. But when I showed her this, when she's like, oh, can.
Speaker 2: We get it? Can we name it?
Speaker 1: Rosie, and I was like, we're not naming it Rosie. It's a boy, and she was like confused by that. I was like, well, I mean we could, but I also don't want to name the dog Rosy, so it's not happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's exciting stuff. That's my highlight of the weekend. But I don't know if we'll get the dogs.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, do you know a like a timeframe of you said you don't know how long the process?
Speaker 1: You know, they take like threeish days to reach out after you put in an application. I did it on a Saturday, so probably three business days. And then they're like, they're basically like, you have to be down to adopt this dog within a week because we're not. They don't hold dogs, blah blah blah and all that. So I was like, Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Hey, Y, can I tell you one thing from the wedding this weekend? Okay, so I listen, I fully fully respect you if you are religious and stuff, and this is not making fun of religion, I promise, even though it might come off that way. But during the ceremony, the pastor did a really great ceremony that lasts like thirty minutes of him telling stories and Bible stuff and whatever. And he started talking about how he looks at things in life, and he'll be like, oh, that's so.
Speaker 2: Jesus, that's so Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he started saying something along the lines of I want to.
Speaker 2: Love you like Jesus.
Speaker 3: Let me love you like Jesus and stuff, and talking about the couple that's getting married and whatever. So after the wedding commences, ceremony does Andrew comes up to me and we're kind of talking about how it went and whatever, and he goes, yeah, like, babe, how do you want me to love you more like Jesus? Let me love you, Let me love you more like Jesus. And then he goes, you think Jesus said asks, and okay, and you.
Speaker 2: No, and I just that then why is robing him?
Speaker 3: And so we're being these awful heathens after this passage just gave this like lovely ceremony that's so Jesus. Part, I'll admit was a little corny in my opinion, But the pastor was so cool. He was invited because the family my cousin's now wife. Their family is very close with the pastor, so he stuck around ate dinner at their table, stayed at the dance till probably like almost the same time we did.
Speaker 2: Him and his wife were there. Yeah, and we're literally.
Speaker 3: Screaming the words to get low oh and yeah, and the pastor is like right next to us, and I kind of tried to censor myself, but I just couldn't.
Speaker 2: I was like, you, dick, not if.
Speaker 3: She's fine, Oh one more time, you know, I'm just saying everywhere the ludapart and yeah, I was like, ben, no, but you touch a toes, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh That's how I felt with Like at Jake's brother's wedding with his aunt and uncle who are insanely religious, and she's dancing with us, and.
Speaker 2: Then that's going on.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't feel comfortable with like your aunt Laura like next to me while I'm doing this.
Speaker 2: I gotta get out of here. So anyways, I just he was a cool pastor.
Speaker 3: You could tell he like he likes to hang and I think he was indulging in some beverages, which whatever, Yes, the string wine, that's so Jesus, you know.
Speaker 1: That's so Jesus. Another thing that's so Jesus. Checking out the new Sabrina Carpenter album. I don't know if you've listened to it yet.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I just haven't had two seconds to do much in the last few days.
Speaker 2: So good. It's one of those.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is how it described the album. It's not a slow bird. It's a pretty quick burn.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So like Taylor Swift, I think, you know, when her Tortured Poets, it was too much. A lot of it sounds similar to other songs. I couldn't even handle it. I've had so much time to digest it. Fine, but the Sabrina album reminds me I would compare it to an Olivia Rodrigu album, like where immediately there are like three or four songs that stick out of like, oh those are good. Second listen, you're like, oh no, this one is too. Third listen, I like, I think every single. The only song I skip is like one song that's like slower slower.
Speaker 2: It's called like dumb and poet poetic or something.
Speaker 1: And it's not that it's a bad song, it's just that all of them are such like they're so fucking good.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dang, I'm.
Speaker 1: So happy to see Sabrina just killing it. And they're so perverted. Like there's one line in a song she says like come rot, come ride on me. I mean camaraderie, and I'm like little things like that, and it's it's she's very foul and I love it. So anyway, if you even checked it out, do it. She released the first music video for Taste Well with Jenna Ortega in it, and it's it's fun. It's like just them killing each other over and over again and then they kiss.
Speaker 2: Of course, got the Accusa's hut. I'm like, guys, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just thinking yesterday, like do you think that Sabrina Carpenter is bigger than Olivia Rodrigo? Is she going to be better than Olivia Rodrigo at this point? How do you feel between the two, because don't you feel like there's quite the rivalry, like because Sabrina dated there Olivia's X right.
Speaker 1: There's I think they're quote unquote fine with each other now, like they're not like going after each other. They're actually saying in this new album, there are some digs at sewn Mendez and Camila Cabello because on their split, Sean had started kind of talking to Sabrina okay, and then it's almost like Camila's like she even has a song. She's like as soon as like my head hit your chest, It's like she knew. And then he remember was seeing making out with her at Coachella, and then they got back together and she's like, oh and he broke up again, you know, like her song calls it out. So I think there's some Shawn Mendez Camila shout outs.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I think she's just very much moved on.
Speaker 1: As far as bigger, I think right now she's she feels bigger because she has two of the biggest songs on the radio and Olivia's album is like old now.
Speaker 2: But I don't think she's bigger necessarily.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, Olivia's on a really successful tour, Sabrina will go on one. I'm excited that Sabrina is going to finally be at.
Speaker 2: The level of Olivia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's been doing it so much longer than Olivia.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that that was.
Speaker 1: Really hard to watch as Sabrina Carpenter, so we I've interviewed Sabrina before, incredibly nice and she's funny.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've never met Olivia Rodrigo, and even if I had met her, those meet and greets, they're supposed to be nice, you know. Yeah, I mean they're an asked and they're having it off day probably, But.
Speaker 2: We have, I know, a couple of emails.
Speaker 1: Also, one I feel so bad at email Donna. She had asked recommendations for stuff to do last Thursday. Oh not very helpful now, But the next question is for you, Jenny. She says, what is your website again? And do you ever look for people to contribute to travel adventure stories too, or just recommend spots that you should absolutely visit. That's from Donna in Rochester.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My website is meet meofgrid dot com. And I haven't done anything with like stories from people quite yet. I haven't built it out in that way. It is more just like kind of guides, tips, tricks. So I am looking for like recommendations and stuff a lot of times. So if you have any, yeah, more than welcome to email me. We're working on planning a road trip out to Washington in October, I believe, so we're just like gonna bust through all the northern kind of states up here out west, and then we're not entirely sure what our road is going to be yet. I'm dreading driving through either of the Dakotas because there's really nothing. But yeah, if you've ever done some kind of a road trip like that, let me know and then and I'll try some things out.
Speaker 2: But I try to.
Speaker 3: Right now, I feel like I'm trying to only mostly put things up there that I've experienced myself. I know there's other travel bloggers who will have like contributing writers because they haven't been somewhere and their website's so huge, but like you know, you can't be go everywhere, so then you'll like take other people.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: And then I have a couple emails still too that are still on the subject of what we talked about, starting like a couple of weeks ago. This one says, good afternoon. I just wanted to reach out and say how much I appreciated the conversation you both had about the ticking clock pressure that women experience. Like you, Jenny, I've never felt a strong urge to get married or have kids, but as I'm about to turn thirty five, this year, I often find myself questioning whether I'm making the right decision. All of mine and my parents' friends are already on their second child, and I'm starting to feel a bit out of the loop. Oh sorry, partner's friends, not parents' friends. There are so many reasons not to have children. Our parents are elderly, we both were late oopsie babies, so we don't have the support system that many others do. Daycare costs are practically a full salary. We still enjoy our hobbies and the freedom to be a little selfish. And I don't get and don't get me started on why I'm terrified of pregnancy and childbirth. But the biggest reason that's been weighing on me lately is the thought that my parents won't be around much longer, given that they're in their eighties. I'm scared of being alone later in life. While I know I have my husband and friends, it doesn't feel the same as having people around who are bound to love you unconditionally. But then on the flip side, I also wonder if that's a selfish reason to have kids. I really love your perspective and fallin as someone who never initially wanted kids but ended up having them. And then ps. If you enjoy thrillers, check out the movie Clock on Hulu. Gold watch that h thank you and that says thank you, ladies for your fun and real podcasts have a great week and they want to remain anonymous. So I would say, would you consider it selfish to have kids just because you don't want to be lonely later in life?
Speaker 2: I mean yes and no. Once you have your kid, it's not like that's the only reason you have them. Yeah, I mean to rewind, I think that.
Speaker 1: To fear pregnancy and childbirth is so realistic, but it's such a blip. My pregnancy was not the greatest, but I didn't have it as bad as some people. I didn't have like gestational diabetes, I didn't have like preclamsy or whatever. I didn't have a lot of things. I had hemorrhoids, I was uncomfortable. I had sickness for the first sixteen weeks, but it goes by pretty quickly and the labor itself. Again, I had an easy labor. So I want to be like mindful that not everyone does. But I think it's fair to fear those things. But I just think that don't let that. That can't be the reason to stop you. I feel like, if you wanted kids and I don't know, I don't think it's selfish. I think that's a very valid thought. I have many friends who are only children, and it really bothers them that, like, yeah, when their parents pass at some point, they don't have someone else, they don't have their person, Like I don't know, it's hard to explain. Even if you're not close to your siblings, you have like this built in bond of family, and so I think I understand what you're saying. I don't think it's selfish to have those thoughts at all. I think that's very those are very human thoughts. I don't know, I can't. I mean that I think so many people. I mean, even Jenny, I think, plays this exact same game in her mind of like I don't want to wait till it's too late, but I don't really know that this is what I want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say that, like, I don't know. I think that it does feel selfish to me if that's the only reason that you're having kids is because you don't want to be lonely later in life. Because of course, you'll probably end up loving your children so so much when you have them, but there's the off chance that you don't. Because I think that that I don't know, there's like Reddit threads out there of people saying they regret becoming a parent. Oh I see, so it's like, if that were to happen, then yeah, that was a really selfish reason to have children, if you're not going to be a great parent because like you didn't want to be alone later in life.
Speaker 2: That though, that's a very good point. I guess.
Speaker 1: I don't look, I haven't like Reddit thread like searched that, I mean, but there are Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think my TikTok algorithm is all about like not wanting kids a lot of times. And so I think I've been on that where I've also gotten like the regretful parents who like will openly admit like it was not for me. And I've gotten dms from people in the last couple of weeks too, where one person straight up told me that she has I think three kids now and it took until her youngest was twelve for her to be okay with being a mom, but she hated it up until finally at that point in life, and so she was like, just really consider it, because when it happened to me, it wasn't till my youngest was twelve and she has three kids. That I was like, Okay, cool, I'm a mom and I like it now.
Speaker 1: I also, though, I know that everyone's different, but and I trust me, I don't I'm not getting onto this person for sending Jenny a DM like that. But there's I feel like sometimes people send messages and it.
Speaker 2: Just scares you because.
Speaker 1: If you announced, like when I announced I'm pregnant and I'm having a baby, do you know the number of listeners that told me how they're horrible disaster pregnancies or horrible disaster labors. And I'm like, I get that that was really traumatic for you, and I'm so sorry, but please don't send me stuff to freak me out. I know they were just trying to be nice and prepare me or warn me, but like, I don't necessarily think that that.
Speaker 2: Is super helpful.
Speaker 1: So I I forget that you should see every side of it, because not every person is like she's a perfect example of like, not every person is going to just be like so matronly, and there's like or whatever like maternal and love like be like the perfect mother. But I also feel like that is that message is an extreme to like not feel like you wanted to be a mother until your youngest of three is twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I guess I wouldn't. I don't care that she sent me that. That doesn't scare me or change my opinion one way or another. To be honest, it makes me feel more normal to hear something like that because of the fear of like becoming a parent and wondering if it's going to like be something I love so much to hear someone say, yeah, it took me till this time to love being a parent, because I got plenty of messages from people who were like, I was exactly like you two, and then I had kids and I love them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got so.
Speaker 3: Many of like those kinds of messages too, So I will just say that, like, I kind of more appreciated getting that one because it wasn't I can tell obviously she wasn't trying to scare me, and I'm sure none of those people that sent you the pregnancy stuff were trying to scare you. But like, I feel like that's a little bit more extreme because like that's yeah, like that's like.
Speaker 2: A risk and stuff.
Speaker 3: This is more of a like this is my opinion and this is like my whatever. So anyways, but yeah, I don't know how you finally.
Speaker 1: If you're at like where you're at or where she's at, I don't know how you actually make that decision.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say, they said, I love your perspective fallon as someone who never initially wanted kids but ended up having them, so like, but mine would I feel like easy because I based it on my partner. Yeah, I feel like I had a quote unquote unfair advantage. I got to see what my partner is like as a dad.
Speaker 1: I get to see how committed and involved he is, and so it was like almost like I got a preview of my my movie. I don't know, It's like I knew. I knew I wasn't going to be like stuck with someone who doesn't contribute and doesn't help me. And as someone who was nervous about being a mom, to know that like this other person was going to completely be there to like cover any of my like lacking, I don't know, it just made it. It built confidence that I was lacking. I think, and it didn't make me want to have so many kids. And I did not like the newborn phase. I did not like being pregnant. You know, they say, sometimes you have your baby and you have an immediate connection, and other times you have to like build a connection. I think that's very true.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm not saying because I did it and like loved my kid immediately that like everyone will. I think that I don't know how you make that decision. I think if you, I agree with Jenny, you wouldn't want to do it only for the like fear of being alone. I guess if that's how she worked, I can't orb how she worded it, but I don't Yeah, I don't think that's the primary reason if when you're like weighing the pros and cons.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Well here we have one more email on the ticking clock situation. So I'll read this real quick because it's a little bit shorter since I just finished the podcast about the ticking clock. And I totally understand the worry. I myself currently worry about my age and where I'm at in life. I'm turning thirty five this year and have been married for fourteen years and we currently have no kids. I wasn't ready for the longest time, and now I'm kicking myself for not starting a family right away. However, I also don't regret the past fourteen years of just being with my husband and having no kids. Now I'm getting older and I'm freaking out about my age and my parents and in law's ages. It's the stuff that wakes you up in the night at night in a panic. I don't have any answers or suggestions on making the ticking time clock feel any better, but it does make me feel better knowing that I'm not alone and feeling the way I do. Thank you both for creating this podcast. That's been like hanging out with girlfriends every week since you start. I also love that you are both comfortable enough to talk about sex and other female things openly. That gives me a sense of not feeling alone. Thinks that comes from Stacy. Thanks Stacy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you Stacy.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, obviously you're still I know she mentioned her parents are getting older, but you're still very young to have kids too. I think at thirty five you still have plenty of time. It is just interesting like every person how different their journey is. Like she's like waited fourteen years and got that time. And a lot of people say that, like they want time with their partner before they start a family.
Speaker 1: Other people they want to like get the kids going immediately, no matter their age. I wanted to get the one kid going because I was older. Yeah, so I was like I didn't want to.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, were you thirty four?
Speaker 1: I was thirty four when I was like, got pregnant technically okay, and then thirty five when I is that right delivered?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would make sense because your birthday you would have been pregnant in what December? Yeah, and then you had all of in September, so yeah, you would have had a birthday in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but yeah that was already uh geriatric labor. Thirty five is when it goes geriatric. Yeah, which is so crazy.
Speaker 2: But I don't know this.
Speaker 1: I feel like this cover like I never want I guess like people like come to me since I didn't want kids. I never want to like feel like I'm telling people that they should have.
Speaker 2: Kids, you know what I mean. I don't ever get that from you.
Speaker 1: Good, okay, because I'm like I don't ever want anyone to ever take that away from me. Like I'm trying to be very much like, if you don't want them, I'm not going to be the person that tells you you're going to change your mind.
Speaker 3: No, I've never felt that way about you or anything you've said when we've talked about these.
Speaker 2: Okay, email, I want to make sure I never give that.
Speaker 1: Impression to anyone, because I don't think it's the worst thing that a lot of people don't have kids because they're bad people, but because of just the population in general. Like if more people choose not to awesome because other people are having like forty kids, so it's like a good balance probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then also more people are actually thinking about what they want and not what they like society tells them they should do.
Speaker 2: Right, So I think that that's a.
Speaker 1: Really great shift that younger generations have made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, but we're at time already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, and I know you got to get running idea.
Speaker 1: Of Hey, thanks to everyone for emailing. You can always email Fallon at KATIWB dot com or Jenny at katiwb dot com.
Speaker 2: Have a great week.