Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Guys, come on, come on, good morning.
Speaker 1: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Geez'd oh yes, sir, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan show checking in. Wakey, Wakey, hands up Cupcake.
Speaker 2: Eight Throwback Thursday. Wizard can't get enough a Buzzfest. It's gonna be a Buzzfest edition Throwback Thursday again, but with the Biggs, Chevelle, Marilyn Manson and Evans Blue going at it today. Interesting Chavelle news coming headlining the music blog page today. We will be talking about that in Houston's headlines. Finally getting around to telling us about their next album.
Speaker 1: On the show today.
Speaker 2: Hey Fish Fish need some brand new players.
Speaker 1: We had a Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Moment yesterday on the show, looking for some brand new players. Maybe you've never ever ever played before. Maybe you're one of these Hall of famers that can't get through.
Speaker 1: Maybe today's your day. We'll play at six twenty.
Speaker 2: Bring me the Horizon tickets coming to you in home room. We'll have those for you on the fun Fact Flashback Mutt Vane Static X tickets at seven to twenty. There they are Metallica sold out Metallica tickets, pan Terra Suicide of Tendency's open opening that show June fourteenth.
Speaker 1: It's sold out. Who's gonna win you those tickets?
Speaker 2: Alex or Mo, No pressure, No pressure, I feel it, Read my lips.
Speaker 1: Send me your word suggestions.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a big, big game today at a twenty falling in reverse tickets at nine ten, Summer of a long tour tickets on Know the Show. The rain nothing like yesterday, twenty percent chance, partly cloudy, high of ninety one.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Mo. What are Houston's head lines? Hey?
Speaker 4: A federal court in New York blocked President Donald Trump's Liberation Day tariffs yesterday, Yes, the tariffs that placed taxes on imports from nearly every country. So the US Court of International Trade has three judges and they ruled that Trump would beyond his legal powers by using an emergency law to set these tariffs without Congress's approval. Well, the tariffs went in and it was ten percent tax on most imports, even higher from China Europe. The court's decision will stop these tariffs for now, but it could be appealed to higher courts, which will most likely make it to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Could we please call the country by their proper name, which one China? I can not with you.
Speaker 5: I'mina leave.
Speaker 1: That would be this morning.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the Houston City Council, because yesterday they had approved an amendment to an ordinance prohibiting HBD from having traffic stop quota.
Speaker 1: I would try to get it out of cops for you.
Speaker 2: For twenty five years, I've been trying to get one cop to admit that there's a quota or like you know, you get a free toaster of and if if you set if you sign them with the most.
Speaker 1: They could never tell. They would none of them.
Speaker 6: Now we know, Rod, I like the cops that I'm kind of friendly with. They would never admit there was a quote We're having a beer with them on a Sunday and never The ordinance is a big deal.
Speaker 4: It adds language to the city Code stating that no police officer should be directed or required to have a quota on traffic stops during a working shift.
Speaker 1: I'm like, come on, if you like rake five, maybe your two tickets away.
Speaker 5: About or something the end of the month.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, we know that it existed.
Speaker 4: The state log did bar quota for giving tickets, but there was nothing until now that bart quota for traffic stops.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: The Houston Astros have great news because they have the one of the sexiest mascots in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: Really, orbits sexy bounch is that you.
Speaker 4: Look at him and you're like, Wow, you just exudes sexiness.
Speaker 2: Love Orbit, But sexiness is not something that I get from Orbit fair.
Speaker 5: He's family friendly.
Speaker 4: The sports betting company bet Us ranked the fifteen hottest mascots based on personality search interest, so how much people are like googling them, social media following, and physical.
Speaker 1: Proportions, which I don't care. Maybe that's why Orbit's a little messed up. You got to give it to Mismet for sure on that one.
Speaker 4: Well, she was number five on the list. Orbit was number nine. I need to look up at the number one winner, the Arizona Diamond mascot d Baxter.
Speaker 1: He's jack hottest.
Speaker 4: Okay, so physical proportions put him up there.
Speaker 2: He's more like like one of those ones you see on the basketball court.
Speaker 5: Oh that are doing like the flips and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Well props to Orbit, we know you're great, all right, Hayley Bieber is rich, rich rich. She announced yesterday that the beauty brand Elf acquired her skincare brand in a billion, yes, billion dollar deal. Wow, Hayley's gonna stay involved chief creative officer, head of innovation for Road that's the name for a company. And then she's also going to be an advisor to this other company, Elf Beauty. She said, It's always been a dream of hers to make her brand accessible to more people, and this is a way to do it. There's been a lot of recent tabloid reports about Justin and him being maybe like in debt for millions of dollars, trying to get out of like past ventures.
Speaker 1: I think he sold his music catalog.
Speaker 5: There's some stuff going on.
Speaker 4: So if that's true, this money should help the couple.
Speaker 1: So what, Kylie Jenner is a billionaire? Is Rihanna billionaire?
Speaker 5: On the billionaire list?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For the Laningerette danger and maybe Jessica Alba. What about Jessica Simmimson. I would have said Simpson, Yeah, she's got.
Speaker 5: A lot going on.
Speaker 2: I think Elba is up there because of the girl the natural baby products.
Speaker 5: So honest, yeah, yeah, yeah, wow, good job girls.
Speaker 1: All right? Big news in the music world.
Speaker 4: The Buzzfest headliner Chavelle announced their new album Bright as Blesphemy, Except for release on August fifteenth. It's their first new music in what four years, and the lead single off the album, rabbit Hole, is already at number nine on the charts and climbing. The band says the new album is about life's heis and lows and leads it up to listeners to find the shrew, meaning, hey, those are Houston's headlines, all right?
Speaker 2: What you got in sports?
Speaker 7: Well, the Astroo has got another one. Yesterday the Beda's five to three. They've now won four in a row. Ton have to open up a four game series with the Rays. Ryan Gustoby in the Mountain for the Stros, going up against Tampa based Shane Baz first pitches at seventen. You can listen to the game on our sister stations Sports Sports Talk seven ninety and News.
Speaker 1: Radio seven forty KRH.
Speaker 7: In the NBA Playoffs, the thunder Blood the timber Wolves won twenty four to ninety four to win the Western Conference Finals four games to one. They advanced their first NBA finals since twenty twelve, and the Stanley Cup play the Panthers liminated the Hurricanes five to three to advance to their third straight Stanley Cup final. And in soccer, Houston Dynamo FC got to win last night. They shut out New York City FC three.
Speaker 2: Nail that.
Speaker 1: Because what's going on sports? Really good guys, really good starts, really great both of you.
Speaker 2: Great job.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: If you're up and ready to rock. If you want the first phone call.
Speaker 1: You can have it.
Speaker 2: Seven one three two one two five nine five. We're gonna be busy this morning. I want some fresh fish on this fresh out of bed, head to head. Come on, it's it up sitting on the sidelines. If you've listened to the game for years, make this the year you get involved and you play the game.
Speaker 1: I want some new people calling in this morning. If you want the.
Speaker 2: First phone call, you can also come and get that. Seven one three two one two five ninety four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now, ninety four five, The bus Good Morning rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: Show, Welcome Aboard on this throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: I was just saying, it's I'm not complaining, just it's a busier morning for me. I don't get a lot of downtime because I'll be curating all the words.
Speaker 1: I need you.
Speaker 2: I didn't mention that off the opening monologue, but I do need you, guys to send me your word suggestions.
Speaker 1: Read my lips. Alex takes on MO today. O. I said, listen.
Speaker 2: One of the things that didn't bother me at all about hiring MO, knowing that you came from the country space at the country station for ten years, I didn't quizzer about music at all.
Speaker 1: People would ask me like, well, does she even know like the bands and the music.
Speaker 2: I go, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I need someone that's cool to hang out with every day and talk crap with.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the most.
Speaker 2: Important thing for me. The music thing will happen. You know how Big Metallic is right.
Speaker 4: Yes, I sold out energy like they're playing energy, So I mean there you go.
Speaker 1: I mean, like they're playing energy. You are responsible for somebody going to that.
Speaker 4: Showtime Now I feel it like I was in bed last night thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, read my lips. You've had success though out of the gate. You won your first game.
Speaker 5: I did, and that was an honor. But still the pressure is still there.
Speaker 1: You know how to win.
Speaker 2: I do, but Chili will tell you because I feel Alex is just kind of cool and calm, like all the games.
Speaker 1: Chili will at least let me.
Speaker 2: Know that he feels a bit of a pressure cooker when it's like.
Speaker 1: A big ticket, big price. Yeah, we've done ACL tickets before. He's like, oh God, I don't want to lose those tickets for somebody you want it. Metallica is a big deal. I just wanted you to know what a big deal it is.
Speaker 2: Metallica, Pantera and suicidal Tendencies.
Speaker 1: I like to call it Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I like to call it, because no one else does whatever. June fourteenth. We all know Father's Day doesn't matter. Okay, we all know that. I trying to put a little shine on it because we've got a great.
Speaker 1: Weekend plan for you guys. All right.
Speaker 2: We have Ditch Day on Friday the thirteenth, and then the fourteenth is Metallica, and then fourteen to eighteen sixteenth.
Speaker 1: Is Father's Day. What weekend, man, What great weekend.
Speaker 2: We did that just for you guys, all right, just for the just for the Dad's just for Alex.
Speaker 1: With the newer dads thirteen fourteen fifteen. Thanks you. My daughter's birthday's father's dead is and your kid's birthday. So just let's just celebrate. So now I mean no Father's Day for you. It's all time his birthday. Guys.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for some fresh fish. Like I said, we need some brand new players. We had a Hall of Fame moment yesterday on the show. So two brand new players fresh out of bed, head to head, somebody that has the plate in thirty days whatever. Whoever gets through, good luck to you. But we'll be opening up those phone lines after the break. But you know the lines are open right now.
Speaker 1: It's not time for the first phone call of the day. Who looks like Mike got through first.
Speaker 2: Mike A Rod.
Speaker 1: My brother Rod. Congratulate You're on an awesome buzz fest.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I want to tell MO love you, sweetheart. Hey, don't worry about the past.
Speaker 8: You're in the future now you're with one of.
Speaker 1: The best shows in Houston.
Speaker 8: We're here early in the morning.
Speaker 9: I've got Lewis and Lewis and I got Anthony two.
Speaker 1: We're doing some early morning inventory.
Speaker 8: I just want to say, man, we love ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Of the buzz.
Speaker 8: Love everything you're doing.
Speaker 1: Rod Man, You're an inspiration to Houston radio.
Speaker 8: So make that known.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: You're up there on the top shelf.
Speaker 1: Brother, Thank everybody much. Wow Wow, can you call every morning at this time?
Speaker 2: This is I don't even need that other hype guy that you have on this this Mike you're the best hype man ever. So you said you're doing some inventory. Where do you can you say where you work? Or do you want to say where you work?
Speaker 1: It's it's Joe Myers imports. Okay, very good?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 2: What you guys just getting started? What time did you start today? We started five, brother, started at five.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, listen you and the crew, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, love you guys. I appreciate you getting this all hyped up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Everyone was already in a great mood. But Mike Man, you took us to the next level. Man, you did put us up on the top shell.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, Keep rocking, y'all, Keep rocking, Thank you, Mike.
Speaker 8: Top show.
Speaker 1: Mama hides the cookies. You know that one.
Speaker 2: Alex you all right, let's take a sharp break. When we come back in arec check. We'll find out what's trending, and then I'll start looking. I'll go fishing for some players of US, Rocky and All.
Speaker 1: Tearing you soon, Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome back everybody. Yeah, it is a mess out there on the roads. I mean more mess than normal out on the road, so please be careful.
Speaker 1: We love you, guys, Be careful.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. High of ninety one. It's throwback Thursday. Marilyn Manson off to a lead. I'll just say that it's a Marilyn Manson Evans Blue Chevelle. So we're kind of sticking with Buzzfest. We're all still excited about Buzzfeft, So Manson off to a big lead. Slow so far on you guys sending me word suggestions for reading my Lips. Maybe you guys are still a little sleepy from a long weekend.
Speaker 1: That's okay. I need you to step it up.
Speaker 2: Email me Rod at the buzz dot com. What words should I use for read my lips? A huge Read my Lips game, Alex takes on MO. They're trying to win you, guys tickets to the sold out Metallica show at eight twenty today, and there's Alex right there who's playing calm, cool collected. Yeah, I try it me, man, does it unflappable?
Speaker 1: This guy? What's trending, ed gaale is trending.
Speaker 7: The actor that played Chucky and the Child's Play movies passed away at the age of sixty one.
Speaker 1: I think he's he was Howard the Duck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was Howard the Duck and that's the first superhero like Marvel movie or something.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I'm gonna get on more DC guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, but okay. Also trending is the Oklahoma City Thunder. They blew out the Timberwolves.
Speaker 7: Last night to advance their first NBA Finals since twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: People are talking about that this morning. And then Latin Switzerland is trending. A glacier collapsed.
Speaker 7: And buried the town of Blattini in Switzerland.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, pretty crazy stuff. But that's what's trending on I never by the buzz.
Speaker 2: Yes, Howard the Duck goes down in history as Marvel's first big screen superhero. At gale three foot four inch. Actor who played Howard the Duck also played Chucky in Childschool appeared in a lot of other movies and TV shows. But yeah, I saw that he was trending as well. Nobody knows superheroes like the show.
Speaker 1: We're the best of it for shore.
Speaker 11: All right, here we go, good everybody, just Norm your fresh You had to bed.
Speaker 9: He had to head Hall of Famer number six. I'm the best around. Nothing's gonna keep me down. In fact, I thought through a gatland of Hall of Famers early on and even met a fresh fish. They Meg and Shane, but left. Even Shane was felt the pain of a loss, but I would all have the spirit of the greatest Norm of all time. George went rest in peace. See you all at the end of the year of tournament champions as I worked to bring it all home in twenty twenty five, bitches, mums Holm.
Speaker 2: We need some fresh fish. Fresh fish.
Speaker 1: We've been on the beach for thirty days.
Speaker 2: You can play as well, all right, Not Kenny's twenty eight days. Thirty days. It was Kenny still floating around out there. He emails me every day with a countdown almost every day.
Speaker 1: I love that, dude. It's only eighteen days.
Speaker 2: I'll be back in this seven one, three, two, nine, four, five if you want to play The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: On ninety four five, The Bush, ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five, The Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Offspring, Self Esteem Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: The voting is heating up. It is on links and.
Speaker 2: Guests, the world Famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. That's where you will see your Sixtagram Thursday, your Instagram feature, the looking at Girls blog page, food blog page, crazy criminals, whatever. The stuff that most talking about. Most of the stuff she's talking about.
Speaker 1: Is over on linksin guests. Lots of stuff for you today, lots of stuff for you to look at.
Speaker 2: Please go check it all out. Twenty percent chance of rain partly clouding today. Hive ninety one. Okay, Hall of Fame right, norm is in six people in the Hall of Fame. Now May twenty nine, we start with some fresh fish, maybe maybe people that.
Speaker 1: Haven't played in a while.
Speaker 2: Let's go and now page time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: The listeners to your corners. Let's say hot to Matt. But it's it's fresh Matt, Matt, have you never played?
Speaker 12: No, I haven't, rid it's my first time.
Speaker 1: So you've heard.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's been Matt's on the show Man, mat like you're not.
Speaker 1: That guy You're and then there's just Matt. You're like another Matt.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you call me Matty Ice if you want.
Speaker 1: I've emailed you a couple of times, Matty Ice.
Speaker 8: Okay, from Lafayette, Louisiana.
Speaker 1: From Lafayette.
Speaker 2: Alex just gave me the devil eyes though he doesn't like guy's giving himself themselves.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can give me whatever nickname you want, Mattie Ice.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well you are a fresh fish though, and welcome aboard. First time playing the game.
Speaker 1: So long, and thanks for all the fish, Thanks for all the fish.
Speaker 2: Okay, absolutely Matt fresh Matt today. Now this I'm afraid to bring this perit on the air. But there was a guy years ago I played this game.
Speaker 1: His name was Jeff.
Speaker 2: Okay, came in, wasn't causing trouble or anything, but just wasn't fast, and I called him slow Jeff, Slow Jeff.
Speaker 1: I called him slow.
Speaker 2: Jeff, and I never heard from him again, and I thought I hurt his feelings.
Speaker 1: Slow Jeff.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Rod bro Wow, you never emailed me and never did nothing. When was the last time you played slow Jeff.
Speaker 1: I's been over two years now. Yeah, dude, wait to have a question. Did Rod hurt your feelings? Not at all, not at all.
Speaker 8: It's just hard to get in.
Speaker 2: But you heard us talking about you. I'm like, where slow Jeff, where's slow Jeff.
Speaker 1: We haven't heard from him.
Speaker 2: I gave him the name slow Jeff and then boom, he just like leaves the country. Jeff two years ago. Yes, you were.
Speaker 1: It's good to be back. You were slow getting back on the game.
Speaker 2: I hope that's the I hope that's where your slowness ends.
Speaker 1: Okay, Olly, let's get one by one.
Speaker 9: Let's get one killed by one by one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm thinking. And then Alex threw this in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay Jeff, all right, Slow Jeff. And we don't know anything about Matt he's so fresh, but we just have what we had a T shirt here.
Speaker 5: Yes it's a Rod Ryan Show T shirt, not just any T shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please you put this thing on your Your wildest dreams will come true.
Speaker 1: Uh, Slow Jeff, welcome back, so excited.
Speaker 2: And then and then Maddy fresh right now, because he's fresh, here we go shout out your name when you think you know the answer. A few things have changed, slow Jeff. These are now most questions. Okay, so I mean you were slow before? Alrighty, all right, yeah you said that last time two years ago.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Question number one, what is James Bond's code name?
Speaker 7: Matt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, still slow Matt.
Speaker 1: You got through first double o seven zero zero seven. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then we have a guy that plays. His name is Sean Connery.
Speaker 5: Not my James Bond.
Speaker 2: All right, changing your name to still slow, Jeff. Matt's on the board. All right, here we go, Matty fresh and still slow Jeff. Question number two, all right, this one makes me nervous. She's had it on her sheet for a week and a half.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do it. We're listening for Jeff and Matt.
Speaker 2: Name a popular vegetable that is the color orange. Matt up, Jeff, Still slow, Matt Carrie.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, good game, good game at okay, good game, Jeff, Jeff.
Speaker 1: There's other games we play on this show.
Speaker 5: But you don't have to be fast.
Speaker 1: May be better served.
Speaker 2: Listen, dude, I'm so happy you're back, Slow Jack, Slow Jeff.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: Please do not wait two.
Speaker 1: Years to come back.
Speaker 8: I'll try.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing all right, all right, still slow, Jeff, so great to hear you.
Speaker 2: And there's uh, Maddy Fresh with two questions and two answers. That's impressive in itself. Now just for people lighting up their phones and ready to email me, name a popular vegetable that is the color orange squash.
Speaker 5: I put the full list.
Speaker 2: Like like, there's there's orange tomatoes, there's bell peppers. That's what maybe nervous Alex because there was.
Speaker 1: Multiple but Matt with the you guy most falking one. Very good. Hey Matt, you want absolutely do you want to play tomorrow? Yeah? I do, Fresh Fish, enjoy your T shirt and hang out. I gotta get a victory speech.
Speaker 2: Out of you.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on.
Speaker 2: The Bus ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show on this throwback Thursday, I appreciate you being up dark and early with us twenty percent chance of rain partly Claudis guys hiks today of around ninety one, we got a new champion here.
Speaker 1: The fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 12: Maddy Fresh here, I am your fresh out of bed head ahead one day champion, two questions, two inches for this fresh fish?
Speaker 1: Did anybody notice that?
Speaker 12: I know modd join you on pre beer from they want to make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 2: He doesn't sound like a fresh fish. He sounds like he's got that thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know whatever that thing is. He's kind of got it these I feel like he's been playing for years with it. With a speech like that.
Speaker 2: All right, well we'll see if if Matt can pull off two in a row, Slow Jeff, he'll be back so good, Willy, Yeah, will heed me when he better.
Speaker 1: Not have emailed you.
Speaker 2: He never emails me. He emailed you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're besties.
Speaker 1: If I don't have an even mean I am meaning him.
Speaker 5: You just got to be kinder, just.
Speaker 2: Like so mad.
Speaker 1: If he really emailed you, Slow Jeff emailed me.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: Back to the day. We make you look smart in your buddy, it's the fuck back to the day. I know he didn't email you. He doesn't do anything that fast. He does nothing fast. Thank you, Jeff.
Speaker 2: I brought in some new fun facts for you today. We'll start with a fun fact about astronauts. I don't think this is very fun to.
Speaker 1: Be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Astronauts cannot burp in space. Lack of gravity prevents foods and gases from separating in the stomach as they do here on Earth.
Speaker 1: What about you know what I'm gonna ask about. Yeah, did they fart in space? They don't.
Speaker 5: If you can't burp, I would think you couldn't too.
Speaker 1: Would that also say you wouldn't be able to fart in space? I would imagine astronauts. Give me a call.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you there's somebody that's an astronaut that's listening right now. The guy that founded the Spaulding Sporting Goods company. His name is Albert Spaulding. He's in the Baseball Hall of Fame. You're thinking, okay, why because you know you're such a contributor to the equipment. No, he was a pitcher in the eighteen seventies. He's in there on his abilities to play baseball.
Speaker 1: That is fun.
Speaker 2: Whoa oh, Albert Spalding. You know him else, Baldy, Old Spaldy called him. Yeah, on top of old Spaldy. Finally, violence is actually pretty rare in bank robberies. It only happens about one out of every twenty five times. Most of the time a robber hands the teller, note, gets the money, walks away.
Speaker 1: In fact, up to seventy two percent of bank robbers are unarmed. That's neat. You walk in.
Speaker 2: I mean this, I'm not promoting this, but you walk in, you ask for the money. I think they just give it to you.
Speaker 1: Anybody can do it.
Speaker 2: I think they just gonna get you on the back end, you know. Yeah, so they don't use or threaten violence. They just walk in and ask for cash.
Speaker 8: It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart. Every body's it's the fuck back to the day. All right, flashback? What have you given away?
Speaker 4: We got a pair of see Bring Me the Horizon with Motionless and White Toyota Center September twenty sixth, Tickets on sale now at Toyota Centers dot com. Or if you know the fun fact, flashback, it's your fun.
Speaker 2: What happened to Michael Jackson at the halfway point in his life?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the amount of days that that man was alive. If you go to the middle day, what happened to him on that day? By the way, LaToya Jackson happening a birthday today? Looking at girls seventy somethings she looked, Uh, she looks weird. Okay, she looks weird. Weird, you know, like give me all the plastic surgery face. She wasn't playboy back in the day. Don't get me started.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson halfway point of his life. What happened to him? It's now time for rock out with your stock out with captain cash, all right, our money guys on the phone here, Hey, hell brother Rod, Good morning there he is all right?
Speaker 2: How'd be doing?
Speaker 1: Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 13: Gave a little back yesterday? The Dow down two hundred and forty four points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand and ninety eight. NASDAC down ninety eight points to nineteen thousy one hundred, benchmark ten year Treasury's trading at a four point five to two percent, and oil stands at sixty two dollars six cents of barrel to the most actives, the big studs United Health, Boeing, and Deza, the big duds Murk, Nike, and Chevron. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on pending home sales for April right now.
Speaker 2: Futures there on the downside.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm out here.
Speaker 13: This is halin Manage the director with Raymon James porter for the rod Ryan Show from Raymond Jamesohn Stam, filipp and Agusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 14: Famian's expressed for those aland and not necessarily those are Raymon James Associates, Sak come Ever, nayat As, IBT Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed.
Speaker 1: If there's no.
Speaker 14: Insurance trans mention, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your m because programs were educational and informational services on the stones of duds are based on the movement, as reported by Young.
Speaker 2: In the finances Honey four or five the Bus, Welcome back to Your rod Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday Edition.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to do these song clips.
Speaker 8: We can.
Speaker 2: We can set our goals to do those at seven o five, Alex. If we are around at seven oh five, okay, I'll see if we can kind of do that. But in the seven o'clock hour we'll play song clips and talk about the songs that you're voting for today.
Speaker 1: You're back right now.
Speaker 2: I got Liz on the phone, lizy bye.
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm greeg How are you? Super? Michael Jackson? Did you see LaToya Jackson? No, she's super creepy. It's LaToya Jackson's birthday. Don't worry about birthday.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about that, Liz, Liz, I'm talking about I'm talking about baby bro Michael Michael accident.
Speaker 1: What happened to him nine and eighty two days after he was born? It was like the little literal halfway point in his life. What happened to him? His hair caught on fire doing that peppy commercial?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Hey, do you guys remember that or.
Speaker 1: Is it too long ago? I remember hearing about it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, his hair caught on fire.
Speaker 4: It was such a big deal and the wild statistic. Yeah, crazy, Liz, you're the winner.
Speaker 1: Liz.
Speaker 8: Who's with you?
Speaker 1: You have my two daughters with me? Hagarl What are their names? Hi? Charlotte and Caroline? Baby Charlotte Caroline.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're gonna meet a babysitter, Miss Liz. September twenty sixth you're going to bring me the horizon with motionlessen why at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Thank you so much, Liz. They sound old enough. Just give them the tickets, drive them off, let them go into the show, and you just wait in the car.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: You guys are awesome. Thanks for being on the show today.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I Go Mail USA.
Speaker 2: Played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio The Ron Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz. Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Throw Back Thursday. It's six fifty three. We're planning on doing song clips right after seven o'clock. I got mud Vaine Static X tickets for you next hour. Of course, read my lips. Keep sending me those words suggestions. You started out real strong. This it's slow, and then I went strong and then it got slow again. I need you guys to send me some word suggestions. Email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com. It's a huge morning reading my lips. I don't want to make Mo anymore nervous than she is. She's already freaking out. She's got to play the game, let alone responsible for possibly winning. Somebody sold out Metallica tickets.
Speaker 5: Thanks for the reminder.
Speaker 1: That's the prize today.
Speaker 2: So you can just totally crush somebody's life, maybe never ever seeing Metallica ever in their lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's hinged on you me winning. Talk to me for that person.
Speaker 2: Alex, same pressure, although he doesn't show it. It's Metallica Pantera's Suicidal Tendency sold out show June.
Speaker 1: Fourteenth, that's the prize. Or read my lips. Who do you go with today, Moe or Alex? I don't know, I don't know. I know we go with Moe for Houston's headlines though, which you got me too? Good morning.
Speaker 4: Federal court in New York blocked President Donald Trump's Liberation Day tariffs yesterday, Yes, the tariffs, which placed taxes on imports from nearly every country. The US Court of International Trade ruled that Trump went beyond his legal powers by using an emergency law to set these tariffs without Congress's approval. They were announced on April second, and included a ten percent tax on most imports, but higher on things from China. Shana, you're rep The Court's decision stops these scarves for now, but it could be appealed to higher courts, most likely making it to the Supreme Court. Breaking overnight, Elon Musk is done with Trump. I think he's got to get back to the store.
Speaker 1: Oh, back to Tesla. I think he's got to get back well, yes, SpaceX.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's got a lot going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Did we know he was leaving. Well, I don't think that this was a job that he was going to do forever.
Speaker 2: I think he came in he wanted to clean some things out. But he's got a couple of companies that are pretty huge that he has to go back to running. Yes, And I think the numbers are down on everything, So he's got to get back to doing what made him the.
Speaker 1: Richest man in the world billionaire.
Speaker 4: He left his role as a special government employee and the Trump administration last night, ending his time leading the Department of Government Efficiency. He's been a key advisor tasked to cutting federal spending, and apparently during off boarding last night, he was criticizing the bill that's currently on Trump's agenda, calling it disappointing.
Speaker 1: What do y'all know about Tinder, the dating app, the swiper you swipe right right for yes, left or no. Maybe they're working on rebranding.
Speaker 4: Apparently the dating app has a new CEO and he wants to clean up their reputation.
Speaker 1: They don't want to be just known for quote hookups. Yeah, the Tinder was the hookup one. I didn't know that. Stop. I didn't know. Stop with yourself, everybody, I can't keep track. He claims.
Speaker 4: The app's audience is not just a hookup generation. Apparently kids these days are not drinking as much and they aren't as promiscuous, so the app will now focus on casual meetups, double dates, quality of matches, Come on, go away.
Speaker 1: Why don't you just rename it, hold your hand the park and hold hands select for them.
Speaker 4: I was totally invested yesterday and luckily cameras were rolling for the release of Todd and Julie Christy from prison.
Speaker 1: I have not seen anything of them. Is there footage of them walking out of prison?
Speaker 4: You want to know why, rod Ryan, Because there's a new TV show that was originally planned to be about the family's daughter and son, Savannah and Chase, but now it's going to follow the parents release the family reunion. So even in the kids social media yesterday there were no face pictures because it's all going to be for TV and there's no hair dye in prison.
Speaker 1: But how can they can't control that? Like cameras? Why didn't cameras? Isn't that wild other than the ones that they're in control of.
Speaker 2: Why didn't other cameras show up? Why didn't we see them walking out of prison?
Speaker 5: I saw nothing.
Speaker 1: That seems you can't control what other people do.
Speaker 5: They're currently out.
Speaker 2: I imagine if you're not a part of their TV show or somebody would still want to see nothing, you know, them walking out with their gray hair.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Metallica Rod Yeah, it's another big miles, the brand's fifth of the band's fifth album, The Black Album, was certified double diamond yesterday because they sold over twenty million copies it released back in nineteen ninety one, it hit number one in ten countries.
Speaker 5: Obviously huge album for the band.
Speaker 4: Culturally impacting the world and now a great milestone for them.
Speaker 5: It hurts me to talk about Metelka.
Speaker 1: This is one of those songs I know because you're the pressures on saying their name makes me nervous. This is one of those songs. I don't know if you guys have something in your history. I remember the DJ.
Speaker 2: I'm working at a restaurant at the time, and I remember the guy that did Afternoon Drive in Buffalo. His name was Meltdown, and I remember him saying five o'clock, we're going to play the new Metallica.
Speaker 1: And I remember hearing this song for the very first time.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, like standing there in the kitchen and listening to this for the first time, going, oh my god, this is so great. Do you remember the first time you heard anything like that? Was just impactful?
Speaker 1: That turned out to be a huge song. But it doesn't count if you were in radio, because we've world premiered many songs here.
Speaker 7: I remember the first time I heard I Wish You Were Here an incubus on the n X in Atlanta, and I waited around those when you would just record the radio out of tape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, legendary radio station too, like two hours before they replay it, because it was right after it came out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like recording it and then DJ talked over it, and I remember like listening back to that over and over again, like why did.
Speaker 1: You have to talk over the cool jackass. Yeah, guy on the radio talking over my favorite song.
Speaker 5: Hey, those are Houston deadlines, which you got.
Speaker 7: Astro's got another win yesterday they beat the A's five to three.
Speaker 1: They've now won four in a row. Tonight they're gonna open up a four game series with the Rays.
Speaker 7: Ryan Gustobi on the mount for the shows, going up against Tampa Bay's Shane Baz first pitches at seven ten.
Speaker 1: You could listen to the.
Speaker 7: Game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety News Radio seven k H And then NBA Playoffs, the thunder Blood the Timberwolves one twenty four ninety four win the Western Conference Finals four games to one in advanced to their first NBA finals since twenty twelve. In the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Panthers eliminated the Hurricanes five to three to advance to their third straight Stanley Cup Final. And in soccer, Houston Donald FC, you got to win last night, they shout out, New York City FC.
Speaker 1: Three mail. That is what's going on in sport. All right, very good.
Speaker 2: Here we go one hour in the books, they only give us four. I need words sent to me for the read by Lips game that's coming up at eight twenty. We're gonna play song clips. What you guys are gonna be voting for or what you have already voted for. It's that Thursday plus I got some Mutt.
Speaker 1: Vaine tickets for you. Seven o'clock hours, gonna be busy Houston's rocking alternatives The Rod Morning.
Speaker 14: Show from six to ten am ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four, five to bus Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, carrying over from Home room. Thank you if you're just joining us, Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of ground to cover today on the show.
Speaker 2: Seven oh six, twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, highs of around ninety one. Great job, guys, sending me your word suggestions. Read my lips. Next hour, mo, you got a little time, get a little time. I don't know if you need to eat and snack a.
Speaker 1: Little bit, whatever you need to do, but uh, you better come ready to play.
Speaker 5: I'm carbloading right.
Speaker 2: You're going up against last year's champion Alex Yeah. Read my lips for Metallica tickets next hour. This hour, let's focus. I got mud Vain Static X tickets for you. On the flip of the brake. But it's it's all about you. Guys sending me those word suggestions email me directly. Rod at thebuzz dot Com Radio Wizard can't get enough of Buzzfest. He's going all Buzzfest again. I'm throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Over in the hand of the New Angel.
Speaker 2: This is Evans Blue. The song is called bed and it's currently getting destroyed in throw so complains a great song.
Speaker 1: It currently has.
Speaker 2: Sixteen votes. Guys, come on, I'm embarrassed. They were just here in town. What if they find out that they only have sixteen votes.
Speaker 1: I'm embarrassed. Somebody go in there and vote for Evans Blue. Please, Okay. I said we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Keep it for throwbacks, that we're gonna keep it all Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: Wizard. It's my favorite Chevelle song, Chevelle take out the Gunmen?
Speaker 11: Jack?
Speaker 1: Is this better than Hats Off to the Bull? Those Hats Off to the Bull?
Speaker 15: Better?
Speaker 1: Take how the Gunman might be my favorite? I like Hats Off to the Bull. But this is really good, oh so good. It's in second place right now. Chevelle twenty four percent of the vote, just over one hundred votes.
Speaker 2: It's early it's super early. I mean, we're gonna do two thousand and some votes today on the show in first place. They were co had Chavelle went on last, but they were billed as co headliners Chevelle and Marilyn Manson. Chavelle did a great job. But when I ask people, what's your lasting memory from this past Buzzfest, it's the Reverend Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 1: Even my kid can't shut up about from Marilyn Manson right now. I got my neighbors some tickets. They're little kids. It was their first.
Speaker 2: First I mean so many. I don't know that even Jessica, I've altered in Millen that Milton, they Oland and Milton. I don't know if they've been in the concerts before. Probably those kids have been everywhere. But I'm thinking of people.
Speaker 1: Seeing for the very first concert seeing Marilyn Manson on stage. You know, he was awesome. He was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was weird seeing him and it was still light outside because he went on.
Speaker 1: Because it was weird.
Speaker 2: I've never seen Marilyn Manson with in the sun. I didn't know he could live. I didn't know that he could survive and breathe with the sun out. Still Marilyn Manson has seventy one percent of the vote, and specifically the beautiful people. I mean, come on, this is the one I got hit in the face with a beach ball. Yeah, a good call. Going back to buzzfest on Throwback Thursday. Your votes matter, your votes count. We count all the votes as a matter of fact. Song will be played today at nine thirty. Where do you vote on the World Famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com Rock and Alternative Fair use the rod.
Speaker 14: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am the Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody. This is your rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Maryland Manson still with a commanding lead, but a lot of people did go in and vote a couple of votes for Evans Blueth.
Speaker 1: They're just getting beat up right now. Chavelle has a chance. But is Marilyn Manson gonna be played at nine thirty? Probably? I don't know what am I saying.
Speaker 2: It's seven eighteen, We have plenty of time, twenty percent chance of rain. Partly Claude's guys pies up around ninety one vote for Throwback Thursday on the World Famous Most got a Great ticket coming up for you. But first Alex is gonna tell us what's trending.
Speaker 7: Well, Stefan Diggs is trending a video service of the former Texan receiver now currently a Patriots wide receiver on a boat with multiple women, and he's holding what appears to be They're saying a pink substance while on that boat.
Speaker 1: The Patriots say they're looking into.
Speaker 3: It right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, you need to explain stuff to the nerd. Yeah, I don't know. I've not seen the video. I'm just reading what I have. Well, it looks like it's in a wallet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like it's a pink credit card, to be honest with you, or a pink business card. Is there a drug that's super famous that everybody knows that's pink? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think they made blue meth on Breaking Back. It was blue had like a pink alternative. If you had a credit card, you could be using it to cut up cocaine. But I don't know why I would say a pink substance.
Speaker 2: The other story that came out of this is like, look at stuff on Diggs. You know with all these girls. Cardi B is on that boat. Yes, so He's just talking to other girls on the boat, so they were trying to kind of mislead us. But then you could see maybe something. I don't know, it seems like they're digging for something here because he's banging Cardi B.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, I believe so.
Speaker 2: Yes, So she just happened to be elsewhere on the boat as he was talking to these gals.
Speaker 5: Affected by those gals.
Speaker 7: But people are talking about Stephan Diggs this morning. Todd Chris Lee also continues to trend this morning. People talking about him getting pardoned by President Trump yesterday and then think Sta Ram Thursday is trending. Miss breed Lovely was submitted to us by Jody in Galveston, and people are checking her out at the World Damous Ride Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. But that's what's trending on ninety four to five to Buzz.
Speaker 1: Moe knows these kind of things. I'm gonna ask her, ask what.
Speaker 5: I just looked up? What the pink thing is?
Speaker 2: Did Stefan Diggs get in there while Cardi B was super pregnant with Do you remember the rumors? You remember the rumors that she like maybe cheated on offset budget. She was already like seventy pregnant, seventy eight months pregnant. Stefan Diggs was the guy that was rumored to be the guy in there at that time.
Speaker 4: He's with her now, correct, which leads me to believe the timeline is there.
Speaker 2: Did he get after that?
Speaker 1: I mean, some guys are into that. Do you think it was him? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: He likes to be called daddy according to this ah this boat video. You looked up the pink stuff I did. What is the alleged pink stuff?
Speaker 5: It's cocaine?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I thought cocaine was white pink cocaine. Oh, there's cocaine.
Speaker 1: Is it designer cociner? Apparently?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, Tiffany, And what what are you giving away? That's blue?
Speaker 4: A pair of tickets to see mud Vain with static X, invented on October thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Buy you Music Center.
Speaker 4: Tickets on sale now, ticketmaster dot com or collar ten seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: Your joke would have landed had you said, Mary Kay co Mary Kay, is what you're looking for?
Speaker 1: Right, Mary Kay Coke?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: I thought I was thinking Victoria's which is very blue enough for cocaine talk.
Speaker 2: I'll take Coller number ten right now seven one three, two two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show on that dark and Empire upon an Empire on ninety four five Complete the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the Buzz Good morning, brought Ryan Show on this throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Let me take Oh look, you got me interested.
Speaker 2: Now we talked about We're going back to buzzfest for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Marilyn Manson sixty four percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: Evan's Blue now seventeen percent, seventeen point ninety one, Chevelle's seventeen point three three. Okay, you guys got Chevelle out of the basement. I'm sorry you got Evans Blue out of the basement. But still Marilyn Manson dominating your votes on Throwback Thursday. Links and Guests is where you cast your vote. Winning song will be played at nine thirty. It's not quite seven thirty yet, seven twenty seven twenty percent chance of ring today and tonight partly cloudy skies Hi if ninety one.
Speaker 1: Most got a good ticket to give away right here? Good morning, good morning, Well hello, who is this? This is oland Away from Olin right You're in you call her number ten?
Speaker 7: What up?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 1: Also go morning? What would you hook them up?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, Olen, I got a pair of tickets for you to see mud Vane Static x vended October thirteenth. Buy you Music Center tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: But Olin, you don't need to worry about that because we're hooking me up friend right on. I love me lud Baine. It's not a good nice We got the right guy on the phone. Now, can I ask you a personal question? Olan? Absolutely, we travel it all I do.
Speaker 2: Go to the airport. You know what the you know what those moving walkways are? Maybe people call them the people movers. I sure, do you know those flat escalator looking things? Do you use them when you go to the airport?
Speaker 7: I do not.
Speaker 1: I get my stepson, So my answer my question. I got to pull question up.
Speaker 2: Now, moving walkways at airports, they may be on their way out. Do you use them at the airport always? Occasionally or never? How would you answer that?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 1: Never, never, I don't never hit them. No, I get I'm rarely using them myself. I walk fast, I walk about walks. I walk fast.
Speaker 2: I walk about as fast as the people on those day movers my kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm still yeah, I'm back to booking. Dude. Uh dude, congratulations on your on your tickets man, thank you Ollen awesome, thank you guys. So they're talking about.
Speaker 2: Rarely new airports are putting them in and some airports are ripping them out.
Speaker 5: They're going away the past for what reason.
Speaker 2: The kiosks are bitching about it because you're blowing past stores and get off. It's like yeah, yeah, yeah, right, yeah, you're blowing past stores, I mean moving walkways maybe on their way out of airports. Kiosks are losing business airports. They make money two main ways, the fees related to the airplanes using the airports, and the other revenue opportunities primarily retail in concessions shopping. If you're blowing past that candy store and you got your kids on that moving walkway, you're not going to that candy store.
Speaker 5: You're spending thirty dollars a pound on suites.
Speaker 2: So the goal of an airport is not to get you to your gate as quickly as possible.
Speaker 1: They want to They want to monetize the whole time you're in the airport.
Speaker 5: It's sense to business.
Speaker 2: So that's where they're saying, Hey, these moving walkways aren't really great for business.
Speaker 1: They're not concerned with your convenience. Do you use them occasionally? It's tougher with kids if you're traveling, if you're traveling with.
Speaker 4: Littles, yes, And it's kind of like the hov lane, like it's a it's a game, like if you get behind someone that's going slow, it's going to bring you down. You can use it for your advantage, especially for fast walkers. That just accelerates you a little bit faster.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not quite kicking an ice cube under your freezer, or it's not it's not quite.
Speaker 1: Not returning your cart, none of these.
Speaker 6: It's weird to get on those things and stand why, but that's why people do it.
Speaker 5: No, they're lazy.
Speaker 1: You don't have to walk the thing walk. I agree with you. I find it weird to go on those things and just stay and hang out, but that's what they do.
Speaker 8: The right side.
Speaker 7: You give people in the place to pass, Like that's like getting mad that somebody's standing on an escalator while that's going up.
Speaker 1: When you look, I wanted to run up the escod That's not on me.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, no, here's my hipocripsy run down the walkway. I'm completely fine moving at the rate of speed of the escalator. And it's almost kind of weird when somebody is running up an escalator, because I get it, if you're late for your flight.
Speaker 1: Like you chose this narrow path to run down, that's not on me. But I feel like the moving walkways they are built as a two lane as two lanes. Now, I already I already think you're.
Speaker 2: Less of you.
Speaker 1: If you're just standing on the right side, you're so hate herble.
Speaker 2: If you're standing on the left side, you're a You're a horrible person standing on the.
Speaker 1: Left side of this. I mean you could also just not get on one if it's gonna cause And.
Speaker 2: That's why I avoid them. And that's why I avoid them. The problem is kids think they're fun. And then wait for my kid and then she.
Speaker 1: She knows that I think less of humans when they're standing on them.
Speaker 2: So what does my kid do.
Speaker 1: She goes it, stands on it, ha ha, and then I gotta waito while she's riding on it. Damn, you're blowing my whole thing.
Speaker 2: I blew past all these people ten minutes ago, and now I gotta wait for you. Kids want to do what you don't want them to do. They think that's funny, and they're snow telling them.
Speaker 1: The kids aren't allowed on those anymore.
Speaker 2: That's what you do.
Speaker 7: It's like when your parents used to tell you can't turn the light on in the car at night or take your rest.
Speaker 1: They told me that standing on a moving walkway, they're going away.
Speaker 2: This is solving all of your issues, LA, please do all right. So again, they are in some airports. They are ripping them out right now. So my question is do you use them while at the airport? Forty five percent of our audience says always, forty percent says occasionally.
Speaker 1: Thirteen percent says never. I think I need a double poll question today.
Speaker 2: Do you walk while you are on the people mover or do you just stand there and move at one point five mile an hour?
Speaker 1: Which is like what it's for now.
Speaker 2: It slows you down. It's supposed to make your experience quicker. It's not supposed to make you walk less. It's supposed to make you walk.
Speaker 1: For you, it's a moving walkway, correct, but it's slower than walking.
Speaker 2: If you're just standing walk, they're going away, all right, I need there's such a fast walker problem.
Speaker 1: That's why I try not to use them.
Speaker 5: Do use your slow in the left lane as well, Alex.
Speaker 7: I just feel like that is like the lazy man's way of like, hey, you don't have to walk this one hundred feet, And like I wouldn't get mad at somebody for running up like not running up an escalator either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the escalator and people that run up escalators are weird.
Speaker 2: If you're late for your slide, you're running, that's one thing. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I'm okay with just moving at the speed of the escalator.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with that moving and standing there at the speed of those people moving.
Speaker 1: You're not moving. You are moving literally with the speed up the escalator. It's brutal.
Speaker 2: Okay, life is passing you all by, guys, and I'm passing you by in the airport.
Speaker 1: You're not out of a left lane everywhere. Don't go in any left lanes ever in your life anywhere.
Speaker 2: Your three days Grace and Soul called Life hit us up on the X at Rob Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: It's the Buzz ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, three Days Grace and Soul called life good morning. Well listen, I'll be the first to admit it when I don't get something quite right, that's wrong. Well, I've adjusted things. I kept the other poll question up. Moving walkways at airports. We talked about them. They may be on their way out. I'm not saying they're going into our airports and ripping them out, but there are airports that are removing them. But I can tell you most airports are not putting them in any longer due to them blowing past some of the retail stores. The retail stores hate those things because if you're not on an off or an onboarding or an off boarding area an exit, it'll blow right past your store.
Speaker 1: Makes sense. Okay, So that's real estate, baby, Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: That's why I bought a bar that where barker Cypress ended. It was a major I thought, oh my god, everyone's going to go to my bar. My bar is going to be so busy. Lucky's Pub West is gonna be the busiest bar in the city. Everyone gets off at barker Cypress. You got to go right past my bar.
Speaker 1: Nobody. Everybody just wanted to get home. Everybody went to Parker Sockners. Nobody wanted to go home.
Speaker 2: All right, moving on, So movie walkways at the airports maybe on their way out. Do you use them while at the airport forty two percent of our audience always, forty two percent of our audience occasionally, and fourteen percent like Olin who just won those last pair of tickets? He said none, No, I want to get my steps in.
Speaker 1: I never use them.
Speaker 2: I rarely, if ever used them. But then in our conversation, I realized the real thing I'd like to get to with our audience is do you just stand there like a slug on the people mover or do you keep moving you're already walking, let that thing assist and make you walk faster like you're a super walker.
Speaker 1: Do you go on the left side and walk or do you just say, oh, you know what, I'm going to enjoy this ride. I got nowhere to be. I'm pretty nice, I'm going nowhere in life. I'm just going to stand over.
Speaker 2: Here on the right side and just move and just at the slowest pace possible and just look at everybody at the airport.
Speaker 5: That's a good poll. It'll say a lot about.
Speaker 1: Your people blowing past movie walkways at airports.
Speaker 2: Do you walk or just stand on them? The options are walk on the left, stand on the right. I'm not even gonna give you the option of standing on the left.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know you now. I'm not even asking about that. If you stand on the left, you're out and you don't listen to this show. Don't you want youre ex account.
Speaker 2: Walking on the left seventy five twenty five percent just standing there like a slug. I didn't put that on there. It just says standing on the right twenty five percent of our audience. So seventy five to twenty five is where we sit on that one good poll question.
Speaker 1: I did it. That's why I said I was good, pops patting myself.
Speaker 5: Thanks for everything you do.
Speaker 1: I need you guys to send me some more words. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna use this next break.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go scan all these emails that say read my lips in the subject MO.
Speaker 1: It's getting close.
Speaker 5: No, I feel so cool and calm and collected.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's the right. You're standing on the right.
Speaker 17: I need you.
Speaker 2: I need you running on the left really to get ready for my lips.
Speaker 5: There's a big prize on the line.
Speaker 1: Mentallic has sold out tickets. Yeah yeah, yeah. Going to the winner.
Speaker 2: Team Mo and Team Alex squaring off today at a twenty Send me your word suggestions, Rock and Alternative, The.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Marning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, seven fifty whole question today.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of them up there. The one that's pinned to.
Speaker 2: The top is we're wondering about you and the people movers, the moving walkways at airports.
Speaker 1: My first question was do you use them? I thought that was kind of interesting to see if you know how many people stay away from those. But now the question is do you just.
Speaker 2: Stand on them and let them do all the work or do you walk on the left side to make you walk like at super speeds. Now, this guy's worked at the airport for a long time. He said this is an unofficial thing, so I'm not going to say his name. But at the Houston Airports, the number one complaint what waiting for your bags?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they don't want you to get down there. Quicker.
Speaker 2: So they said they they're coming up with ways to make the walk seven minutes. They want, they want the walk to be seven minutes longer. And they did something over at the airports. I'm not saying what, but he said they made the walk longer, and the complaints went way down.
Speaker 1: Because if you're getting down to your bag and stunned because you're standing there like.
Speaker 8: There's mix sense down the walkway too makes sense.
Speaker 1: You don't need to go run to go get your bags.
Speaker 2: It takes a while for your bags, so they don't want you to get down there sooner because people complain.
Speaker 1: I feel interesting. Thank you for that. Insiders everywhere you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a little man behind the curtain, working the levers, manipulating all the things right. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. Highs today of around ninety one. Great words are coming in.
Speaker 1: Great words are coming in, Guys on the way you're talking about they're great words today, Alex more wonderful.
Speaker 2: They're wonderful words people are sending in words. They are excited about you too, playing read my lips. The ticket couldn't be bigger. Sold out Metallica tickets.
Speaker 5: I just rolled my eyes.
Speaker 2: T MO team Alex keep sending me words email me directly wrought at the bus dot com.
Speaker 1: There's Moe right there with Houston's headlines, Good morning.
Speaker 4: A federal court in New York blocked President Donald Trump's Liberation Day tariffs yesterday, which placed taxes on imports from nearly every country. The US Court of International Trade ruled that Trump went beyond his legal powers by using an emergency law to set these tariffs without Congress's approval. They were announced back in April, and they included a ten percent tax on most imports, even higher on other countries.
Speaker 1: The court's decision stops these.
Speaker 4: Tariffs for now, but it could be appealed to higher courts and most likely will make it to the Supreme Court. The Houston City Council approved an amendment to an ordinance yesterday prohibiting police traffic stop quotas.
Speaker 2: I thought they didn't exist. I thought they didn't exist.
Speaker 5: It's like the most unspoken thing.
Speaker 1: They won't talk about it. They won't talk about it. We know what existed. We always knew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been lying to us all these years, coppers. We knew there was a quota. We knew that and now we know steak knives at the end of the month if you gave out the most tickets.
Speaker 18: We know.
Speaker 4: The ordinance adds language to the city code stating that no police officer shall be directed or required to have a quota on the minimum number of traffic stops during a normal working shift. So apparently state law already bands quotas for tickets. There's nothing the band's quotas for stops.
Speaker 1: That's right, Adam, the cop. No more Toaster Rovens at the end of the month for you. Okay, we know your secret.
Speaker 2: Right in the most tickets. Get out of here with your quotas.
Speaker 5: Hey, do you think Orbit's hot?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: I love Orbit too, and.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the Astros mascot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but hot hot he it's fair to say he right, Yeah, I think Orbit's behindearing. I would never assume that he's one of the sexiest MLB mascots. According to a new list, a sports betting company called bet Us ranked the fifteen hottest mascots based on personality search interest.
Speaker 5: So many people are like looking him up on Google.
Speaker 1: Social media following, and physical proportions.
Speaker 2: I mean, what about that thing?
Speaker 1: When Orbit's out there in his panties and he like kind of like has his belly going back, sit back and forth like torks it. Have you ever gotten excited when that happens?
Speaker 5: No, it's not really.
Speaker 1: What does it for me? I've seen him run ou there in his panties before.
Speaker 2: Yes, somebody must. Somebody's obviously into it.
Speaker 1: It's he's a top ten sexy mess number nine Orbit of.
Speaker 4: The Houston Astros. Congratulations, making us proud. Keep work him it. I can make my belly, I can belly go right to Wow. Lad, wish there weren't.
Speaker 1: Cameras shaken around. Gosh. Can we talk about Haley Beeper please? Because that girl is rich, rich, rich, Yes she is.
Speaker 5: She announced yesterday that the beauty brand's ELF. Have you heard of Elf?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Have you very popular?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Kind of known for being a little bit cheaper.
Speaker 1: Could I go to see FA and buy it? Probably?
Speaker 4: You can also see it like CVS just for like perspective. ELF bought Hailey Bieber's Road skincare billion dollar deal.
Speaker 1: Is it hers?
Speaker 2: Or is she just like an investor in it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, she's always been super involved in it.
Speaker 4: She is continued to serve as the chief creative officer, head of Innovation, and she's also moving up to a strategic advisor for the ELF company. So it's a big dream of hers. She's always wanted to make She's always wanted to make her brand accessible to more people, and I think this is going to do it for her.
Speaker 2: Is it safe to say that she came into that Biber relationship like way under his.
Speaker 1: Financials? Yes, like way way.
Speaker 5: I don't know about way.
Speaker 1: She still has like the last name and stuff like looks she's got the bomber Baldwin for the dead, like the third nutt. She had a very normal childhood. She did.
Speaker 2: Guess there was a fourth one that was even less. Really, but this is the biodome, her dad's biodome. He doesn't have a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Well, if you believe the tabloids, Justin Bieber is also in debt for a lot of money.
Speaker 5: So if it's true, Haley can now step it up.
Speaker 1: It's wild like she just blew right past him financially. Is a triple threat. Hay side. She said, boss, she's a bay, she's a whatever. The other one was come up with a beast. I think beast is that what it is? Bieber?
Speaker 5: I wish them the best obviously.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about Chavelle, one of our favorite headliners from Buzzfest. They announced their new album, Bright Is Blasphemy, set for release on August fifteenth. It's their first new music in four years, and the lead sing single, rabbit Hole, is already at number nine.
Speaker 5: And climb the charts.
Speaker 4: The band says the album is all about life's highs and lows, but they're leaving it up to us to listeners to find the meaning. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Look, if you're not gonna tell about the songs about, I'm not digging, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Come up with something up.
Speaker 5: You're just out.
Speaker 2: Just tell me about what you're singing about. Okay, I'm not trying to figure it out on my own. All right, Alex Woke Middleton. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 7: Well, the Astros got another win yesterday. They beat Thea's five to three. They've now won four straight. Tonight, they're gonna open up a four game series with the Rays. Ryan Gustobie on the mound for the Strows going up against Tampa Bay's Shane Baz first pitches at sevent ten. You can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven forty k t H.
Speaker 1: And the NBA.
Speaker 7: Playoffs, the thunder Blood the Timberwolves one twenty four to ninety four to win the Western Conference Finals four games to one. And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Panthers eliminated the Hurricanes five to three to advance to their third straight Stanley Cup Final. And in soccer, Houston Dynad FC got a win last night. They shut out New York City FC three nail. That's just going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Twenty five minutes mo for what, Well, I know you already, You've you've expressed to me that read my lips. There's a little anxiousness with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really loud in my ears. What does the Metallica tickets? Knowing that you could make somebody's dream come true? Yeah, to see Metallica for the first time.
Speaker 1: And they don't, they don't want to stay with them.
Speaker 16: And then it's like if you lose and you just kind of get to screw them over not ticking stop. I will never That's Alex's view of the world before the person. I'm going to do it, all right, listen. It's a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's for those sold out Metallica tickets. It's going to be team MO and Team Alex. But before we get there, keep sending me word suggestions. Rod at the Buzz dot Com, The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning Rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on.
Speaker 2: Halfway part of the show, Peva eight oh six, we would read my lips hour. I've talked about it all morning, MO. Okay, you couldn't put it off any longer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've been talking about this since all week, really yesterday, like when we promoed what was going to be happening today on the show.
Speaker 2: I even let you do it, like, hey, it's MO. Make sure you join us tomorrow eight twenty. I'm playing Alex. It's read my lips. Oh, by the way, BT dub it's from Metallica tickets. Metallica is sold out. MO, could uh just crush your dreams?
Speaker 5: So we have hr around here always could.
Speaker 2: Trust crush your dreams. I don't know you've won before, You've only played twice so far, right, it's true. Okay, you're back.
Speaker 1: I'm fifty fifteen.
Speaker 7: Fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: Okay, that gets you into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Good, that gets you into the HOF.
Speaker 2: My poll question this morning, there's I'm just I'm all about pull questions this morning.
Speaker 1: I got twenty of them up on the X this morning.
Speaker 2: But the one that I'm most interested in is the moving walkways in the airports. Do you walk or did you just stand on them? I'm happy to report that eighty six percent of our audience walks on the people movers.
Speaker 5: Thank you for that, right, you surround yourself with the best of the best.
Speaker 1: Thirteen point eight percent of use.
Speaker 5: Well, there probably be some sort of like I don't know, disability or something.
Speaker 1: Not everybody needs to be at the gate quicker.
Speaker 2: And some guy said, dude, when I have time, I just stand on that thing and I use it to catch my breath and look around a little bit. Now, we said that the people movers were in some airports going away, and the biggest complaint was coming from the retail stores that you know, there's no exit. You know, you blow past a lot of stores when you're on those things, and they feel like they're losing a lot of business. Kevin listens to the show. Thank you, Kevin, he writes in all the time, he says for me, I always use the people movers, and I always walked on them instead of standing. So we're off to a great start here, Kevin. My reason, I don't want to buy anything inside the airport other than food and drinks. Why would I want to buy anything inside an airport. It's going to be more expensive when I could just buy it outside and save me ten twenty bucks. I hate being flagged by the retail asking if I want to buy something when I get to the airport. I just want to get past TSA. I want to get to my gate. I want to be ready to board.
Speaker 1: End of story.
Speaker 2: Everything there is a ripoff, so I refuse to buy anything there other than food and drinks.
Speaker 1: Wow, well, Kevin, there's a guy my best friend in fourth grade.
Speaker 5: Tell me about them.
Speaker 1: Mike Cutlack. He bought his grandmother's house.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we're in fourth grade together, so he's you know, we've been the same age our whole lives, so he's currently my age.
Speaker 1: He's fifty five. Okay.
Speaker 2: He bought his grandmother's house, which is maybe about six doors down from my mom's house.
Speaker 1: I go home for Christmas, and you know I still stay at my old house, right, Yeah, my Cutlack.
Speaker 2: Is always in his garage, and there's a bunch of guys that are all similar in age that in the neighborhood, and he might as well just put in a bike rack.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: They all got duish and much like Kevin just told me, there's a case of Natty Light over there, and it's been explained because I stop by, and I can only stay for a little bit because there is a there is an ash tray that is so full of cigarette butts and they're sitting.
Speaker 1: In there smoking, and they've told me that.
Speaker 2: Why would I go to a bar and spend six dollars for a beer when I got a twenty dollars case of Natty Light right here and I don't have to drive anywhere.
Speaker 8: I don't have to.
Speaker 2: I'm like, thank you Mike for explaining that to me. I know we were best friends in fourth grade. We've blust touch, but I can still see that you're still a reasonable guy.
Speaker 1: They all explained to me.
Speaker 2: All of these guys with their nine DUI's and their bicycles out at mike cutlex house and their men in their fifties are in this garage every night and they're having garage beers nightly.
Speaker 1: He put in a urinol in the.
Speaker 2: Garage so the guys won't go in his house, and he tied it into he tied it into the sewer system somehow, and he put a little shower curtain in there, and it's on the inside. It's on the inside of the garage because they drink in the winter as well.
Speaker 1: He's got a little stove in there. But it was explained to me, why would you go to this is Kevin?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Why would I buy something that costs more somewhere else?
Speaker 1: If Kevin has kids? We got food at home? Dad, Can we have Kevin? Dad? Hey, Dad, Kevin? Can we have McDonald's. We got burgers at home. I'm not paying more. I grew up like that too, at it.
Speaker 2: We got that at home.
Speaker 1: But it's not as good. Mom. Yeah, those guys, no bars for them anymore, to have each other.
Speaker 2: Just garage beers on their bikes, fifty year old hanging out living the dream.
Speaker 1: Smoking. They're so good at smoking. Yeah, I mean, I mean, I've never seen people.
Speaker 2: So good at smoking. I'm just watching in amazement. They're so good at it.
Speaker 1: Why would you go off to a bar? I don't know, Mike, You're right. What you're saying makes sense to me.
Speaker 2: Why would you pay four times the amount that you're paying for those natty lights?
Speaker 1: And you're and you're cooler lips? All about every fourth year I go and stop in the garage just to say, h did you catch up? What's up? Saying they're good graces, it's fun. It's fun read my lips.
Speaker 5: MO, are we still doing that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We are, we are.
Speaker 1: We've put it off long enough.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you one commercial break if you need to go and take a nervous poops or the girl I don't do that really, okay, wow, only one on the planet. Do what you need to do to get yourself to ready yourself. I'm gonna go do one final scan.
Speaker 1: Of the words.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bring the greatest words ever sent to me. I'm going to use those today, Alex, thank you, the greatest in the history of Reading my Lips. How many years we've been playing.
Speaker 1: This million years? Yes, since nam in the history.
Speaker 8: Of this game.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bring the greatest words ever submitted to YouTube today and one of you is going to win Metallica tickets for one lucky sob that listens to this show. All right, so let me take a break. Ready yourself, guys, read my lips coming.
Speaker 12: Up Houston's Rocks, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody. We're so close. We're so close.
Speaker 2: Are taking your calls. That's how close we are. Read my lips for sold out Metallica tickets? Do you go with Team Alex? Team mo Okay, let's not rush it.
Speaker 1: That's coming up. There's Alex Hello. Doesn't seem phased at all about these Metallica tickets. He doesn't give it. He gives the impression.
Speaker 2: He doesn't give a f.
Speaker 1: Got some new band to his core, to his core. He wants to win. Yeah, he's a very competitive and he just plays it all fun. Uh huh. Don't believe that for a second.
Speaker 7: We all have a fun time today, you lion, Moen, congratulate her, just like congratulate my immigrants.
Speaker 2: Dan, You lie, what's trending?
Speaker 7: Road is trending. Haley Beaver's beauty brand sold for a billion dollars. We've been talking about that a couple of times. This morning in headlines. She has now had elf at ELF.
Speaker 2: Cuttstop at the at the Keebler Factory, and at the Keebler Factory.
Speaker 1: Thankstagram Thursday continues to treadmit pretty lovely.
Speaker 7: A lot of people are checking her out the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: We have Jody from Galveston to thank Todd. So shout out to Jody. Thank you Jody a feature today.
Speaker 2: I mean no disrespect, I've just been curating all these words. I want to make sure that we're bringing the best of the best to the game. Once the game is over, then I can breathe a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, agree a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go, and then I'll get in there and I'll check out your submission today. But thank you everybody. The only things we submit for the Instagram feature every day, and don't say this enough. Chili wants me to push this a little more. Is your suggestions. What do you want featured as the Instagram feature every day? So just send it into to me or Chili and we'll get it up there then. Also training is Charlie Woods.
Speaker 7: Tiger Woods's sixteen year old son just won his first ag Ajga tournament. I would imagine that's American Junior Golf Association.
Speaker 1: You're right, he won that, and people are talking about that. He's probably gonna be super shar I don't know if you've heard of his dad. That's pretty good. Do you know what his dad's up to right now? Just being an awesome dad teacher, just sign out to be the best golf forever. Do you know what his dad's up to?
Speaker 5: I mean, I saw his new girlfriend, so that's probably what he's up to.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump Junior's X Oh yeah, okay, yeah, that's what they just went Instagram official.
Speaker 1: I thought Trump that the President and Tiger were pals. They probably aren'tybe that's how they met.
Speaker 5: But now they met because their sons played golf together.
Speaker 6: Now you're slipping into his son's he hey, hey, hey, it's fine slipping eggs.
Speaker 1: That's turning a knight. Who find the bus? All right, guys, it's here. It's time to read my lips. Do you think Moe's going to win? Or will Alex pull out of it?
Speaker 2: Door read I'm going through these words.
Speaker 5: What are you feeling?
Speaker 1: The best of the best? I got about.
Speaker 2: Fifteen, really, I got about fifteen killers. Yeah, okay, all killer, no filler. Great words, Alex, all of these are great. I show up so best words ever? Okay, now you have to call seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: You know who's the happiest man on the show, Chili.
Speaker 2: Al He's gotta do probable, He's gotta do is keep time. He's gotta answer the bone, keep time. Oh I wish if there was one day I wish I was Chili.
Speaker 1: Todaysh me too. I feel like the pressure with the words too.
Speaker 2: For Metallica tickets seven one three, two one two five nine four five. Choose wisely, Team Alex or Team Mo.
Speaker 1: We play in four minutes The rod Ryan Show on ninety five the bus.
Speaker 2: It's time, It's time, ninety four and five the bus. Good morning everybody, rod Ryan's Show. Look at his smiling, happy face. Well, Chili's smiling at least, Hi, Chili, do you look like you're in the best mood?
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 10: I'm all recouped from my bus pass, you know, stress free, just happy to be here.
Speaker 2: One of my goals in life right now, okay, is to secure at least one more set of Metallica tickets and I'll put them in there next week when you have to play, so that you feel.
Speaker 1: The pressure that's actually evil, So that you feel the pressure that these two are feeling right now because it's such a huge price.
Speaker 8: No pressure to me, because I'll be like, hey, I'm not going to that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see who's here on the phone here, it'll be interesting. It's time tribute my lips. Carlos is on the phone. Hello Carlos, Hello, good morning, by the ride. Do you know what the winner gets today?
Speaker 18: Do you know?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, Metallica, I've heard of.
Speaker 2: Them, Metallica, ticket, Yes, tear Suicidal.
Speaker 11: You're gonna come through.
Speaker 1: You're gonna come through.
Speaker 5: It's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Shot fired. Carlos says he's on team out. I'm not even mad.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Do you think Alex is gonna win today? Yes, sir, I think he will.
Speaker 14: You know what?
Speaker 1: He's gonna be a tight race because i've heard Mo, Mo you're a great one breed lift lip lip reader. But I think, my boy addict, you're gonna pull it through.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: Emily thinks different, Emily, Hey girl, Emily, are you there? What's that there? You are here?
Speaker 8: Okay, So confident.
Speaker 1: Emily, you're on team mo oh yeah? Did you really want me?
Speaker 8: Or was I like?
Speaker 5: Second?
Speaker 1: Do you really want to know power? Okay? Did she choose?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Everybody chose who they want, chose who they want.
Speaker 5: Okay, Emily, Okay, thank you for believing.
Speaker 1: Why do you need to know that?
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 8: I told she's not going to Metallica.
Speaker 2: You know, if Emily wins today, she's going to see motality on June fourteenth.
Speaker 1: Emily, I'm going to do this for you. You're the returning You're the returning champion. What would you like?
Speaker 5: I want to go first?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Right here you go? Oh okay, Emily. Do you like the play of her going first? Sure?
Speaker 8: Okay, she sounds confident.
Speaker 1: What about how gentlemanly of me it was?
Speaker 2: I heard it? Yeah, so lucky to have I'll hear you're talking about that. She's putting on the headphones now.
Speaker 8: I mean that was very very kind of you.
Speaker 1: Alex shuffling, Alex shuffling, not great chavish.
Speaker 8: I mean that could have been Father of the Year right there, which is.
Speaker 1: Just a lot of people would say that. Not me, but a lot of people might say that A sing it I don't care who gets what we're here, Okay, would do time for me?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I mean I guess I gotta worry.
Speaker 1: I mean, God didn't even have his phone out.
Speaker 8: I'm relaxed.
Speaker 1: I know you're too relaxed.
Speaker 2: All right, So twenty seconds on the clock. Please this rock, I've got words that were submitted.
Speaker 8: Look at her, she's over there.
Speaker 2: Then I'll tell you what she does. Struggle with the with the volume. I mean, I know you guys do too, she says, she really, She's like Rod.
Speaker 1: It's so loud and so it's perfect me. All right, here we go. Seconds. She can't hear you, Emily, you got this, thanks man. Now let's get hear that. All right, Here we go. Todd sent this word in twenty seconds.
Speaker 18: On the clock.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up. Okay, she just gave me the thumbs up. Here we go.
Speaker 19: Puppet puppet Master, Bacher puppet Bachelor, puppet pumpe It puppet puppet Master, Backstreet puppet Master, pumpet Bacher puppet, pumpet.
Speaker 1: Master, Bachelor, puppet Master, pump It.
Speaker 4: Bachelor Puppet pumpet faster.
Speaker 8: That's not the worst.
Speaker 2: It's it's Metallica tickets and most people will say that Metallica's masterpiece is master of puppets, puppet master.
Speaker 1: And strings attack. Would you get her a paper tall? She's sweating, she's sweating, bro al right, here we go me again, Yeah, you got two more words?
Speaker 8: Low that much at buss.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Emily, Emily, all.
Speaker 1: Right, here we go, Mundo always thank you. Here we go.
Speaker 8: Thumbs up, thumbs up, Emily slowly crying right now.
Speaker 18: Juicy meat Susan beats juicy meat. Susan, juicy Susan, juicy meat.
Speaker 20: Cut it beats juicye beats Susie.
Speaker 18: Juicy Susie meat beats me juicy meat.
Speaker 1: Getting there, just getting there? What happened? You're getting close? I think Susie, Susie?
Speaker 21: What Susie is not the word? Oh, juicy meat, juicy okay, all right, burgers juicy meat.
Speaker 1: All right, that was Susie. That was not juicy juicy Susie juicy us Yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find one of the dam Emily icy girl power is my gosh, girl power is struggling. You got it?
Speaker 8: She will put on the Katie Perry categ.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Last word twenty seconds on the class ro up thumbs up. She's got this. Nurse D sent this in space.
Speaker 20: Fart space both space special powers is space space fart farts space fart space fart barce space space space fart barse space fart space farts.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yeah, yeah, there you go. She said it so not confident. Two seconds left she said it space part Oh God, bless America.
Speaker 2: We looked fun facts today. You can't burpen space. Oh yeah, but you we were wondering if you could fart in space.
Speaker 1: You can. There's no way would you have gotten.
Speaker 2: Space apparently in your house?
Speaker 1: Holy moly, if they space, they have to be I would have thought, okay, taking knee ya, taking me my word? All right, Sorry, Emily, you got one?
Speaker 5: I got one?
Speaker 8: Wow, poor Emily stop?
Speaker 5: All right, thank you sister. Did she Susie?
Speaker 2: Did she do great?
Speaker 7: Did she?
Speaker 1: Okay? I know you guys all adjust crowns now.
Speaker 5: I got that. Losing Emily and I are going to Metallica. Okay.
Speaker 2: Todd sent this in oh another Todd, all right, Carlos you ready, yes, sir, I'm gready.
Speaker 1: I know you're right. You don't have to do anything. You guys got to do everything. Here we go, turns up, turns up.
Speaker 8: He looks focused too.
Speaker 1: Todd sent this one in.
Speaker 22: Lawn baby again, lawn baby long, what lawn baby long?
Speaker 1: Something long on baby.
Speaker 2: Long, peepy lawn baby, lawn baby baby long baby.
Speaker 1: Right before I need two? Was the times right like point five ring where the baby's made? Oh, baby baby. We didn't say any babies being made. We went up on the lawn. Yes, if you were doing it, you were hiding it very well. We were up there on the.
Speaker 8: Love because they had humbrellas.
Speaker 1: Wow, Alex right, he was like, right.
Speaker 8: As soon as I'm him, he said it.
Speaker 1: Oh God, so stressed out, Carlos, I'm so stressed one morning.
Speaker 5: He's gone, please get it, Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Chris sent this one in I wonder up.
Speaker 23: Moist Man, moist meal, moist Man, stay last one again, moist Man, moist Man.
Speaker 6: When yeah, girl, power to stop it, moist man power. Thank you, Carlos, so hard, Emily. We got to say goodbye to.
Speaker 1: You, my girl. This isn't the end. We have more tickets tomorrow, Carlos. Good job, thanks man, great job.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Is the wedding worthy I mean, I'm really close on all of them. I'm gonna let you tell Carlos what he's just one. I have honored to present to you a pair of chickens see Metallica.
Speaker 4: Yes, sold out n r G Father's Day weekend, June fourteenth.
Speaker 1: The only way you can get tickets is right here on the buzz or.
Speaker 4: If Alex is your man, which he happens to be so Carlos, we'll see you at Metallica.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: Good game, guys, good game. Great words suggested coming off high off the busman Man, and it is awesome, Carlos. I'm telling you people should live your life. Buzzfest and now Metallica. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Here's green day on the Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Read my lips.
Speaker 2: Before that, Alex with a victory for Metallica tickets, and then there was one pair left. You know that I asked for Metallica tickets all next week as well.
Speaker 1: I know it's a big ask. I said, Hey, I want to give away Metallica tickets every day.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens. They'll let me know tomorrow what we're doing. If I can get one pair, So Chili's on the hot seat next two next Thursday. I want Chili to have to win read my lips. To win those tickets. The twins would be going at it next week, and then you guys know, I've also asked for a pair to give away out at ditch Day. Listener Chris listening to the radio this morning, thank you, He said, dude, you just said the ditch Day shot name.
Speaker 1: You just said it.
Speaker 2: Ditch Day Metallica concert same weekend, the Motallica shot. It's not bad if we did lock in a pair. And this is just this is an absolute dream. I even mentioned it to Gunner and I've said, Gunnar, I'm because Gunner, Cactus Cove, It's where ditch Day is going to be. Ditch Day is on Friday, the thirteenth, Metallica is the next day, and then Father's Day. I asked for a pair of Metallica tickets to give away on site at ditch Day. Am I gonna get them?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but if I get them, the Motellica shot makes more and more sense to me as well.
Speaker 1: Let's do this after the show today. I know we got I think we have to meeting with Wizard. We always had a meeting on Thursdays. What do you want to destroy all my fun?
Speaker 2: Can we pick maybe the best five or six and do a poll question online tomorrow of our shot names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's kind of sort through these, all right.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a most something, but we'll go through and then maybe tomorrow we will vote on the Ditch Day shot so I can get that over to Gunner and his people and they can create the shot. We just create the name. I don't hate the Motallica, but if I don't get the tickets, then it is cool. It's a weekend, It's Metallica weekend, right, So maybe that is still in the running. Okay, maybe tomorrow we'll have you guys vote on what shot. What the name of the Ditch Day shot should be?
Speaker 9: Rock Houston's Alternatives and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Honey four or five the bus Welcome back Rob Ryan's Show. Cynthia is interested in coming to our Ditch Day party. Does everybody know we're doing Ditch Day.
Speaker 1: Again this year?
Speaker 2: I know we just kind of sprinkle it in there sometimes and I don't always give all the details, but you guys all know this stuff. It's You can always go to our Facebook page. The events page surely has something put together for you. But ditch Day will be coming back. It's our day to just drink during the day. It's Friday the thirteenth. It's really easy to remember Cactus Cove on eleventh. Okay, Gunner's super excited about it. She's wondering, if you do get Metallica tickets, when will you know?
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't know. It's again, it's a pipe dream that we would even do that. I don't want to. I shouldn't talk about it anymore. I just I have begged.
Speaker 2: I said, please, this would make it the biggest ditch Day of all time because it's the day before Metallica. But these tickets are so hard to come by. Are they just gonna let me have one for my dumb little ditch Day. Maybe I've I asked.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've also asked for tickets all next week. What you're saying is you asked for a lot.
Speaker 2: Rod. What you're saying is everyone listening to the radiar be happy you don't work with me. I'm I am such a point who I am such a pain in the ass here that I'm just constantly trying to get things for you guys.
Speaker 1: It's good. So yeah, but they're like, all right, Rod, there's others. There's other shows on this station.
Speaker 2: I know that, but they're not as important as this one.
Speaker 1: There. I love you, Jeremy, Teresa, I love you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want it all in the morning. We got twenty percent chance of rain today and tonight party Cloudy.
Speaker 1: I am ninety one mo one final time, as you hang your head in defeat, Oh.
Speaker 5: Please, I have moved on. I'm sorry, Emily. I've got to find you tickets somehow.
Speaker 1: Fair enough.
Speaker 4: Federal court in New York blocked President Donald Trump's Liberation Day tariffs yesterday, which placed taxes on imports from nearly every country.
Speaker 5: It was the US Court of International Trade.
Speaker 4: They ruled that Trump went beyond his legal powers by using an emergency law to set these tariffs without Congress's approval. They were announced back in April, and they've really raised the prices on most imports from from all different countries. While the court's decision stops these tariffs for now, but it could be appealed to higher courts, most likely making it to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk is done with Trump.
Speaker 21: Well, I think he's just focusing on you know, he is a businessman and very busy guy.
Speaker 2: He's got a day job.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's a billionaire CEO of a company named Tesla.
Speaker 2: Helping run the government more efficiently was kind of like a side hustle for him.
Speaker 1: So I think he's just going back to his data.
Speaker 4: So this wasn't shocking when he left his role as this special government employee last night, ending his time leading the Department of Government Efficiency. He's been a key advisor tasked with cutting federal spending, and apparently he started off boarding last night after criticizing a bill to fund Trump's current agenda. What do y'all know about Tinderie.
Speaker 1: Left, Mounting right, hooking Up?
Speaker 4: I didn't even know that Hooking and Booking the dating app apparently has a new CEO and he wants to clean up the app's reputation of being just the quote hookup app.
Speaker 1: Young kids don't like mount Up like the oldun What they do?
Speaker 4: They said this generation that they're trying to target, they don't drink as much, they're not as promiscuous.
Speaker 5: Well, now aim to focus on.
Speaker 4: Casual meetups, including double Dating, which is rolling out this summer. They want to improve the quality of matches and encourage more lasting relationship.
Speaker 2: You're the real boomers. You are boomers.
Speaker 1: Wipe. What is it like to be so moral?
Speaker 5: Swipe? They're not drinking as much alcohol.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that was a thing. They're not. No, they don't wow, they don't clean, have sex.
Speaker 8: What do you do?
Speaker 5: That's what this says.
Speaker 8: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Garden?
Speaker 5: I think they're gardening. They're doing grandma things.
Speaker 1: Oh think, look at their succulence.
Speaker 2: I don't garden.
Speaker 4: I was super invested yesterday and the reality stars Todd and Julie Christley, they got released from prison, pardoned, pardoned. The reality starts are officially out of prison after two years for bank.
Speaker 1: Fraud and tax evasion.
Speaker 4: And there's a new Lifetime reality show that was originally planned to be about the family's daughter and son, Savannah and Chase, but now it's going to follow the parents release in the whole family reunion.
Speaker 1: Do you think the kids are just slightly bummed?
Speaker 2: I know they wanted their parents out of jail, but they could have had that whole reality show to themselves.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 4: I know that the daughter was like running the household and like trying, like her whole life was around getting her parents out of jail.
Speaker 1: You don't think they wanted that show all on themselves. They probably did.
Speaker 2: It's like like that's cool Trump like working on getting their parents out, but not too hard because we do have the show all to ourselves.
Speaker 5: I think the ratings now we're gonna spike, oh for sure, right, sure.
Speaker 2: But you're telling me because I know you go down these rabbit holes for sure, for sure, And I think you follow this stuff more than you let us know.
Speaker 1: I'm invested.
Speaker 2: Is there nothing of them getting Was there no cameras of them getting released?
Speaker 1: How did TMZ not catch their faces? No, there's nothing.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen a thing.
Speaker 1: Did they get released through a tunnel in the middle of the night?
Speaker 5: Not wild?
Speaker 4: You know they're no pictures okay, but the film crew was there for the show. Isn't that crazy? Now we have to watch the show, Brad, I'll let you know win it premiere.
Speaker 1: Thanks give you a posted. Hey.
Speaker 4: Another big milestone from Metallica. The band's fifth album, often called The Black Album, was certified Double Diamond for selling over twenty million copies. Yes, the album released in ninety one hit number one in ten countries. It's got all the goodies, like inter Sandman, nothing else matters, and the album's cultural impact also earned it a spot in the Library of Congress's National Recording Registry.
Speaker 1: Double Diamond Baby.
Speaker 4: I Connect Double And I heard we have tickets tomorrow on the show Metallica.
Speaker 5: I heard they're sold out.
Speaker 2: I just thought Jason Newstad was the bass player at the time, and he does a lot of interviews.
Speaker 1: He talks about his time in Metallica.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, and he just said he goes that album still sells about four thousand copies a week. Wild four thousand copies a week. There's current albums not selling that, Like big albums not selling that. Dang, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's the bend those are, Houston said, Bines. There you go.
Speaker 7: The Astros got another win yesterday they beat the A's five to three. They've won four straight. Now tonight they're going to open up a four game series with the Rays. Ryan Guess will be on the mound for the Strows going up against Tampa Bayed Shane Baz first pitches.
Speaker 1: At seven to ten.
Speaker 7: You can listen to it on our sister stations Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty kt H. In the NBA Playoffs, the thunder Blot the Timberwolves won twenty four to ninety four to win the Western Conference Finals four games to one. They advanced their first NBA finals since twenty twelve. And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Panthers eliminated the Hurricanes five to three to advance to their third straits. They kept final, and in soccer, Houston Dynamo FC got a win last night. They shout out New York City, etc. Three mil that that's what's going on in sports and The.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 15: The Buzz ninety four five, The Bus, Ricky Benjamin never again, Welcome to the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Slight problem chili, just a just a little, just a little tenC eatsy wheat.
Speaker 1: See problem here. All of our blog pages, our website says we're not They're down.
Speaker 5: Servers are down.
Speaker 1: That's your fault.
Speaker 8: I know that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, have you have you experienced this as well? I went to go check the voting for a Throwback Thursday and it says.
Speaker 1: What are you doing here, dummy?
Speaker 5: We don't apologize. Our servers are down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have a website anymore? Chili, you know anything about this?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait, you're over here? You are Hi, can't hear you? Chili's mike is down to crap? Does anything work here? Am I on the right thing? Yeah, Chili, I got you right here.
Speaker 8: It must be this a heron there a storm that's happening, This a heron?
Speaker 14: Dust?
Speaker 5: It one of those days.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I can finally hear you now.
Speaker 1: Are you getting the same thing or our servers?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, that must be down.
Speaker 10: Let me uh well, I haven't gotten an email saying that, so let me be the first one to end them an email so they can say, we'll get right on it.
Speaker 2: Do any other radio stations now there's over eight hundred iHeart stations.
Speaker 1: Do any others use their website?
Speaker 2: Are we the only ones that use our website?
Speaker 1: Must be like we use it during the show.
Speaker 2: I try to like keep it, you know, like it's something that we go to and use it as a beautiful companion to what you're hearing on the radio.
Speaker 1: I try to use it. We might be the only ones.
Speaker 2: Okay, the voting is down. We'll see if we can get that back up and running. I'm sure, there's sure. There's millions of emails singing around right now trying to get this rectified.
Speaker 1: Very good, thank you, chilling, thanks for everything. So like, hey man, it's not me, it's not I know it's not you, Jilie. I know it's not you.
Speaker 2: I am going to give you a chance. The phones are working, yes, I say that, I even checked them. But we do have concert tickets for you, falling in reverse. This is a big show man. The last time Ronnie was here, it's sold out. So we're gonna have tickets for you coming up in just a moment, so don't go anywhere, and then we're gonna leave you with those Summer of Loud tour tickets.
Speaker 1: That's all coming up.
Speaker 2: Yesterday's I'm sorry to blame everything on gen Z, but you're not having sex, You're not drinking, am I?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what am I?
Speaker 5: Alex? What are we same as you?
Speaker 1: Millennial millennials? Millennials?
Speaker 4: He used to get picked on, got it now it's gen Z's the younger kid whoever's Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Elpha's not really doing.
Speaker 5: Anything at Alphas, right, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think there'll be something else, really yeah, yeah, yeah, these are usually in like ten to thirteen year cels.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 2: So Yesterday's why I was infuriated at gen z. Was you guys just discovered that you can like boil food.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was all the latest trend on TikTok remember them.
Speaker 4: It was like water based food, water based cooking, water based cooking that it was something like that.
Speaker 1: But you just discovered soup soup?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 1: What are they doing today?
Speaker 2: The new relationship trend is arbitrary anniversaries.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have.
Speaker 2: I think they listen, so I'm gonna be careful here. I have a I have of friends that they've been married forever, okay, and your wedding anniversary, I have no problem with that, right, okay, But she knows the first time they went out on a date, and they have to kind of they have to kind of acknowledge that.
Speaker 1: Date they go on a date again, the first time that they kissed, and.
Speaker 2: The first time that they held hands, and the first time that you know, he he got one past the goalie, and then you know, all the kid's birthdays. Those are understandable, and I'm okay with the anniversary, but the first date and the first time you held hands and the first time you kissed and everything I can't I can't handle it to me. Those are those are under the arbitrary anniversaries. These are big right now, okay that you want to like inject some fun into your relationship.
Speaker 1: This sounds the exact opposite of injecting fun into your relationship.
Speaker 2: These are sure, these are stressful things.
Speaker 1: It's basically like a quiz because if you don't remember this.
Speaker 4: Our first dating anniversary, you didn't get me flower.
Speaker 2: The idea is you're creating additional excuses to celebrate one another. No dude wants this. I'm sorry to be so cave man. I'm sorry. No dude wants this, No, none of it.
Speaker 1: Here's some examples. The day you knew you.
Speaker 2: Had a crush on each other, oh my gosh, the day you went on your first trip, the day you slid into the dms.
Speaker 1: The day you first saw each other naked for the first time.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't you rather have something just because hey, what.
Speaker 1: Are you are you guys celebrating anything special today? They say, this is the first time, you know, eight years ago, this was the first time we saw each other're naked.
Speaker 5: They say, you're celebrating.
Speaker 2: They say this is good for couples who might not have a real anniversary yet, since people, you know, they get married later in.
Speaker 1: Life than they used to. So it's it's not just for couples who aren't married.
Speaker 2: But if you don't have that marriage anniversary, they're they're celebrating all sorts of other mini anniversaries many.
Speaker 5: How are you keeping track?
Speaker 1: The girl is?
Speaker 5: The guy does have no cl I can barely keep trying.
Speaker 4: My children birthdays most days, I'm like, what year were they born?
Speaker 2: It's these things are not helping, gen Z. These things are not helping. Okay, Like I want to love you. I want to love you all, like my children. I want to love every one of you.
Speaker 1: I want to love every cell, every demographic. I want to love them all.
Speaker 2: But when you're doing these dumb things, and you're doing them online and bragging about them, it's just not good for the brand.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you can boil chicken. Okay, I mean, even though that is technical, I think it's.
Speaker 1: A hate crime.
Speaker 2: But if you want to boil chicken, great, knock yourselves out. Okay, if you make soup out of it, that's fine. But if you want to boil food and talk about like how you're reverse aging because you're boiling your food, it's bad for your brand, it really is.
Speaker 1: It's making me.
Speaker 7: And then like you think, like you think when you get married, and then these other arbitrary ones.
Speaker 1: Go, I know, yeah, I don't forget. Why do you forget about here? It is here?
Speaker 2: It is you're thinking you're doing this, and then you think, okay, but then when we get when we end up getting married later in life, when we get married in our fifties, whatever you do. Now, when you get married, you think all those are going away?
Speaker 1: Uh huh no no no, no, no, no, no, all bry and forget it. All those micro anniversaries you're gonna have to still keep on the books, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then kids birthdays, and then do you have like micro anniversaries for things that you're like, oh my god, it was the first day that Junior walked.
Speaker 1: Who can keep up on this? You can keep up on this. I don't have a job. Without telling me you don't have a job.
Speaker 2: All you do is have a calendar and even spreadsheets at a spreadsheet of every single thing you did in your relationship in your life and you have to celebrate every single micro accomplishment.
Speaker 1: Journal all right, give away some tickets please. I'm en sure you get it.
Speaker 4: This is gonna calm you down, Rod, because we have a pair of tickets Seat Falling in Reverse. They're God Weapon Tour is here August fourteenth at the Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets are on sale now ticketmaster dot com or you can have them with your collar ten seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, good luck Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show nine five The buzz all.
Speaker 1: Right, welcome back everybody. Hey, everything's working on the website again. We're back, baby, you knew it.
Speaker 2: We're mac and I'll give you an update on the voting coming up. Charlie said, you're gonna be surprised for Rod. I was very surprised what you guys have been voting for.
Speaker 1: So you still got a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of time if you haven't voted for a second week. That's our Buzzfest edition of Throwback Thursday. But let me go over to the phones here because I gotta take us to go see this band right here. Man, I'm a fan Falling in Reverse August fourteenth, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: This is Andrew. You sound surprised, and Andrew.
Speaker 2: First thing starts, Yeah, I'm gonna be surprised too. If I have to hang up on you, what hapened?
Speaker 1: So I'll do that.
Speaker 2: You're at an airport. You come up on the people mover. Do you walk on the left or do you just hang out like a slug.
Speaker 1: On the right.
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I'm going around him. Your collar ten? Oh okay, you were collared ten. Regardless of what side you were on.
Speaker 5: That's just like a character check.
Speaker 1: You were collar ten. Yes, would you hook him up? Please? Andrew? You are hooked up. You're going to see.
Speaker 5: Falling in reverse?
Speaker 1: Oh you guys raw? Yes, God is a Weapon.
Speaker 4: Tour is August fourteenth at the Woodlands Pavilion, Wage War Tech nine, Sleep Theory and Andrew will be there. Tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Wait to go, dude.
Speaker 9: Oh I'm freaking out.
Speaker 1: You guys are awesome.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're awesome for walking on that thing. Right, hang on for me, Andrew, Alex, I know you're ready to go. I wanted to do two things just because, all right, I wanted to catch us up on the voting for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 5: About that, Alex, have you looked?
Speaker 1: Things have really moved around? So again we're going buzzfest.
Speaker 2: In first place from worst to first, Evans Blue Beg is your top vote getter with one thousand and six votes. In second place is Marilyn Manson Beautiful People, nine hundred and fifty eight votes. Two percentage points separate those two. You got six minutes to vote. Chevelle take Out the Gunman has five hundred votes. Chevelle's basically out of it right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing I wanted to mention, and I know I'm gonna get over to Alex, I promise, is people celebrating these micro anniversaries.
Speaker 1: What happened? Did you get emails? Yes, Randy.
Speaker 2: Every year on the anniversary of our first day, we go back to the same restaurant.
Speaker 1: Oh good for you.
Speaker 2: Another one, Payola. I love Paola's emails, except this one. Funny you're talking about this today. Seventeen years ago, my husband and I kissed for the very first time.
Speaker 1: Oh good for you. We still celebrate our first date, the first day we talked.
Speaker 2: We celebrate all of these anniversaries, these arbitrary anniversaries that are becoming so popular to celebrate right now.
Speaker 1: And she's married, she's so, there's her husband.
Speaker 2: We talked about people that don't have a wedding anniversary to create these other anniversaries.
Speaker 1: She's got that, she has him. They have each other, dropping hands and first day you went bowls Deep.
Speaker 17: Online, Kid's Alex online, the muzz all right, your turn, al right, today's day well is called space elevator.
Speaker 1: You're gonna hop in a space elevator.
Speaker 7: You're just gonna keep scrolling up and it's gonna show you how high certain things can go all the way up into space.
Speaker 1: Let me try something really quick with the mom.
Speaker 2: Look at me, look at me, look right at me.
Speaker 1: Yes, space art, space girls don't fart. That was one of her words that I show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so hard.
Speaker 1: She couldn't get it on that. All right, So space elevator.
Speaker 7: The more you scroll up, like a pigeon, can go about twenty two hundred meters.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm at right now.
Speaker 7: If just keep scrolling, I'm at twelve thousand, eight hundred meters. You get the PF one or P fifty one Mustang it's a World War II fighter plan.
Speaker 1: That's how high that can go.
Speaker 7: You keep going up, you can see the highest altitude glider is the Perlin two and that goes to twenty three thousand meters. But you keep scrolling you and go see like what's in space? Since the meteors that are floating around in space? Cool stuff like that. Go check it out, Hop into space.
Speaker 1: Elevator to the world Famish rod around showpage at the buzz dot Com. Four minutes, three and a half minutes to vote.
Speaker 2: Nineteen votes separate Evans Blue from Marilyn Manson. Winning song played after popa Roach tro First show.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety Advise Papa Roach, even if it kills me. Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, nine point thirty. Who's hitting their marks today? Good morning, Everyone's been good boys and girls today.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent chance of ray partly cloudy hies up around ninety one. It's another Buzzfest edition of Throwback Thursday. Chevelle, Take Out the Gunman, Marilyn Manson, The Beautiful People, Evans Blue, beg. I'm gonna hit refresh one final time. Pray that our website works. Chevell six hundred and thirty six votes. Marilyn Manson one thousand, two hundred ninety six votes.
Speaker 1: Evans Blue beg one thousand.
Speaker 2: Three hundred and seventy three votes, two percentage points again between Manson and Evans Blue.
Speaker 1: You gotta call it an upset. Evans Blue for the wind today. Thank you all for voting.
Speaker 8: Mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is.
Speaker 1: Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four to five Hit.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Se either before that, Evans Blue. Going back to the beginnings of Evans Blue. That's with their original lead singer. That's when they were an all Canadian band, like yeah, yeah, yeah, they were all Canadian. That's yeah, from from the Toronto area. That's Kevin mathieson or on lead vocals. I don't know what happened. He left the band, went on his own thing. And then the guy we saw, Dan Chandler, He's been the singer for forever for Evans Blue, and they had a whole nother, you know, awesome career with Dan as early singer, Saint Louis Guy. Saint Louis Guy kind of mixed it up with those Canadian dudes. The weird thing about Evans Blue they were never able to hang onto a drummer and for a while, and I think he's still here. I wanted to just give a shout out to H Bomb Howard. Howard Davis is a Houston guy and he played drums for them for a while and he is the sickest drummer. And I don't know what happened, but he was in the band for a short period of time and he came through for a period of time when they were playing Buzzfest like back in the day. And I think Howard is still playing drums locally in some tribute bands. But yeah, he goes by H Bomb. He's a killer drummer. Evan's Blue never had a drummer for longer than three four years.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is. They just couldn't hang on to one. We're peculiar characters, you know what I mean. And I'm putting me in this. You know fair what's off?
Speaker 2: You're a drummer and Canadian not Canadian.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're waiting for you, Rob, this is your time. I would love to go off we run away with the bands.
Speaker 1: Would you give you some time? Off from here and I could go on tour with Evans Blue. It's called mental health. I think kids are into it.
Speaker 2: I always told Alex that if he if he I told him this, and I was being serious because you know, he's like obsessed with big Brother.
Speaker 1: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's super obsessed with it. Okay, Julie Chen the whole thing. Really, Yeah, forget about it. He's nuts about it.
Speaker 1: I love it. And I told him, I said, if you ever get on that show, I said, I will give you the time off to go beyond that show. Support you. Now. He says he won't be on the show because he says, I get fired.
Speaker 2: He would say while you're gone, he would say something on the show and get canceled.
Speaker 1: That's probably true, didn't I always tell you that? He did? If you ever wanted to Survivor, can I do that? I'll try again.
Speaker 5: Survivor follow your dreams, Alex?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you?
Speaker 2: Do you know? Did you see who's going to be on this upcoming Survivor Mike White from White Loves Before, Yeah, but White Lotus.
Speaker 1: He's going to be back in the Survivor, So surre. I'm pretty starked.
Speaker 7: About serious, I don't know anybody. And Survivor Colby from season two, He's come back. Here's my first favorite Survivor player. Emmer like that was my favorite reality guy.
Speaker 1: Rudy was the best sign of the player you ever call me? Won all the challenges.
Speaker 2: He got to the end and you should have be Dana. Who's the guy that won the first year? Richie Hatch or the tax evasion?
Speaker 1: I think you did some time? Yeah, now maybe Trump can pardon him. Was naked walking around the whole time. What are you giving away?
Speaker 4: I know the show over there, mom, Holy moly, I have a pair of tickets to the Summer of Love Tour twenty twenty five I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage and Parkway Drive, all at the Woodlands on June twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com or.
Speaker 2: If you know the show, okay, mo, the show coming up after the break.
Speaker 1: Stay there, The Buzz, Rock and Alter very soon, The rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten.
Speaker 2: Am ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Radio Wizard's Happy. I think that's a new record everyone. As far as the amount of votes for Throwback Thursday. Oh, over three thousand votes.
Speaker 5: That is a passion.
Speaker 2: It was huge, Rod, I am glad they won today, Crystal Throwback Thursday, they got it right today, Rod, Yay, Holly Chicks love Evans Blue. Holly Damn. I forgot how great that song was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, So people were very very happy about Evans Blue. I thought it was going to be a runaway. It was a runaway beginning. Marilyn Manson was destroying everything.
Speaker 2: I thought, if anybody had a shot, it was my favorite Chevelle song. And then Chevelle wound up in last place. So great job on the voting today, Thank you, new record on Throwback Thursday. All right, stunking to the show Summer of Loud Tour. This is the one with I Prevail and bear Tooth and kill Switch Engage I believe. June twenty eighth, it's mo the show.
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 4: My question, which piece of controversial equipment is being phased out of our airport systems?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's that's that's easy. I think we brought it up a bunch okay, poll questions.
Speaker 2: Multiple pole questions about it seven one, three two two. Frock Alternative The Buzz Yeah, ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, blquidating two Adams song.
Speaker 1: It's gonna musically cap us off today. Hope you had a great start to your day.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I had a nobody asked, but I had a great start to my day today.
Speaker 8: Did you have a great start today?
Speaker 1: Because of you, buddy?
Speaker 2: Because of you, buddy, and you and you're in your A plus attitude today of sunshine air, A plus attitude, A plus attitude today.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was a little nervous about that?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 1: That getting nervous?
Speaker 7: You did?
Speaker 1: Great job.
Speaker 2: Time to give away our final pair of tickets so that we can turn you loose, so we can let Jeremy do his thing.
Speaker 1: Is now time for know this show? On ninety four five The Buzz La La la la la la la la la la la, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who the hell is phone? I'm sorry, I'm having a great day. Hi?
Speaker 2: Who is this? Barry Ryan?
Speaker 1: H Ryan Ryan? How are you?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 11: Are you do?
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm great. Most of our audience walks on the left side of these I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to say because I don't want to give it away. I don't want to give it away, but Ryan knows. All right, here we go, h the show. What do you got, Bran?
Speaker 4: Which piece of controversial equipment is being phased out of the airport systems?
Speaker 1: The automated walking a great, We'll take that.
Speaker 4: I'll take I'll take a lot of things moving walkway if you will conveyor about people.
Speaker 5: Mover I would have taken all of those things.
Speaker 1: You are the winner.
Speaker 2: I'm not lying.
Speaker 1: I almost gave that away.
Speaker 2: Okay, I forgot what your question was, and I almost gave them the results of our pole question. So the moving walkways and airports, they they may be going away. There's talks of them, and there are confirmed reports of a few being ripped out of airports.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of new ones going in either.
Speaker 2: Why because the concession people are like, hey, you're blowing past my store.
Speaker 1: You can't get off. So my first question this morning was do you use them?
Speaker 2: Forty nine percent of our audience always does forty percent occasionally, ten percent never. That was my original poll question, but then we started dissecting it, it got heated. Are you one of those people that walks on the left side or you just stand on the right side?
Speaker 1: Which are you? Ryan?
Speaker 8: I always walked.
Speaker 1: That's why you're listen to this show. Why you're a quality human being. And you listen to the Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 5: You put away your grocery cart.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to get in the tickets, but now I am.
Speaker 8: What do you go?
Speaker 2: Ahead? Hook them up?
Speaker 1: Do you want them?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: You're going Ryan?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm big Coachris Fairs.
Speaker 4: Oh heck yeah, I prevailed their tooth kill Switch Engage Parkway Drive, Woodlands Pavilion, June twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: Ryan, Thank you for listening and thank you for walking on the people Mover.
Speaker 1: You are awesome. Thank you, Ryan.
Speaker 8: Who we gotta go?
Speaker 2: That was Maddie.
Speaker 1: He was a fresh guy this morning.
Speaker 2: He was a fresh fish, and slow Jeff came back into our lives.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy you got to meet slow Jeff this morning. We've been emailing back and forth. He'd better not be emailing you.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 2: He probably won't come on for another two years or so, Fresh Matt. The thing is that he beat slow Jeff. Of course he beats slow Jeff.
Speaker 1: Slow jeffs number one. His name is slow Jeff. Okay, he was slow on both questions. Love you Slow Jeff, So, Mattie Fresh.
Speaker 2: Is gonna be out with us tomorrow morning. He's gonna go for win number two. Who was the bigger read my lips winner, King Alex or Carlos? Who is now going to the sold out Metallic Jhow Carlos big winner man? With those Metallica tickets? We have one more pair of tickets right tomorrow? Is Chili gonna put him here?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I can't read Chilie's mind yet. I'm still new.
Speaker 1: I know Chili's body, Chili, are you putting metallic?
Speaker 2: Can we tell people where the Metallica tickets will beat tomorrow on the show?
Speaker 1: Have you figured that out yet? He's like, Hey, and you're still working on today's show? Leave me alone?
Speaker 2: Where what time can people win Metallica tickets on the show tomorrow?
Speaker 8: From six to ten?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 5: What a smarty, smart answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, curs that it's a good answer. It occurs not lying.
Speaker 8: I mean, do you want an exact time?
Speaker 2: I would like to tell people when to listen for those Metallica tickets specifics.
Speaker 1: In all morning?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they should be listening the whole time.
Speaker 1: Why would you not want to listen to the full four we'll.
Speaker 8: Do it at no I mowed the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, really, this is two days in a row. The pressure has been on me rock question. Why are going to let them treat me like that? The pressure will be on you for the question.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's the confirmed chance to win Metallica tickets tomorrow on Mow the Show. Geez, there's a new episode of Past the Gravy went up today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's pretty great. Myself or the short weeks throwing me off.
Speaker 7: We talked about seatbelt tickets and whether or not motorcycle cops should be able to give you tickets for not wearing a seatbelt. We talked about Gogert and how more companies should follow their model of putting things in little tubes.
Speaker 1: Talked about Buzzfest. All three of us we had a Buzzfest every weekend, so we kind of did our own little recap. I got to talk to your boyfriend Pat a little bit. Buzzfest was in my not cool.
Speaker 7: There's a thing that happened, and we kind of talked about that on the show, and then we power ranked sharks all the important stuff.
Speaker 2: That you need.
Speaker 1: Pass the Grey podcast. Whoever year podcasts?
Speaker 2: Did you ever get into.
Speaker 1: Is a cob of corn like the cob that comes from a corn? Is it a vegetable bone?
Speaker 7: You know that hasn't come up yet, but I'm a limited at pass.
Speaker 1: Gay Pod had their peak g answers. We'll get to it next week. I go, okay, I might have to submit that as a question.
Speaker 2: All right, Big Jeremy Benson is up with your next NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Jeremy's awesome, Man, don't go anywhere. This radio station is awesome. Listen to it all day.
Speaker 1: Hey m f well, it wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 2: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.