Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped off, need.
Speaker 2: Advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 1: You come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Now Tom Martine, Hey, it's car Day today. I'm Tom Martino. That doesn't mean we'll only talk cars, but we will talk cars quite a bit. It'll they'll have priority three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. In case you're just tuning in, this is a consumer show about everything near and dear, to our hearts and pocketbooks, the things that make us tick and the things that tick us off, and we talk about everything everything. By the way, I just want to tell you that there is a surge of COVID nineteen and people are being urged by the CDC to get their vaccinations. And the symptoms are sniffles, there's not a coffe yet, and a slight sore throat, sometimes body aches and pains, otherwise known as a common cold. But now you get a vaccine. And let me just tell you there are thousands of strains of the cold virus. The coronavirus is one of them, which mutates almost daily. But as every virus in the world mutates. Just these are just facts. You can't get sanctioned anymore for facts. You see the social media used to sanction us for facts. COVID was a dangerous virus and mutated to a less dangerous That's what all viruses do, bar none, all history, viruses have never started out weak and gotten strong. They start out strong and get weak because they want to keep their hosts alive. And no two viruses that you get are the same. Ever, so when people said they had COVID three times, they had three different strains of the virus three different times. They could have been three serious times. It could have been three minor they could have been one minor one serious. But right now there are no serious strains known to be out there, and all the rest of them are pain in the ass. So you don't have to wear a mask, you don't have the distance. You just use your safe practices like you would any cold. But now since COVID, the teeth have come out of COVID and there's nothing to scare and control you with. They're now turning their attention to West Nile again and something called the monkey virus and some other things which are could be serious. I guess if everyone got it right now there are very very few cases. But it's just very interesting to me how it's become, in my opinion, a matter of control. That is exactly what disease is being used. If you look at the plan for the country under the World Health Organization, we as a country under the current administration, have agreed to give away our sovereignty in the event of an next pandemic, where the World Health Organization will make all of their all of our decisions. So that's just a fact. They'll make all of our decisions about shutdowns and masks and vaccinations and all of that. Just so you know. By the way, it was funny because I remember in New York you had to show a card in order to get into a restaurant. States started that. But for some reason, and I need to know this, and none of this is political. These are all facts. They built a fence around the Democratic Convention to keep people they didn't want out, and in order to get in you had to show ID. But what I need to know, I swear to God, I get on the radio every day with a quest to learn, not to preach, not to pontificate. I see plenty of reasons why people want to vote for Trump and plenty of reasons why people want to vote for Kamala. I mean, I can see both sides. I don't want to give you my opinion. It doesn't matter what I think, but I look, I'm not trying to make you vote one way or another. But here's what I have to ask. I swear to God, I have to ask this question. And I have not once, not once, in all social media or discussions, have I heard the answer. Why do some people, mostly Democrats, why do they oppose checking identification before you vote? Please tell me why? I, honest to God, don't know, and I mean that sincerely now. But no, no, doc, I'm not gonna let you. I'm not gonna let you make a propertige because I know what you're gonna say. You were going to say that's because the Democrats want illegal people to vote for them. I mean, is that truly that obvious?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think. So there's got to be another reason. Why is it that you have to show an ID to get to concerts, aircraft, almost everything we do in life? But why is it that Democrats do not want any kind of identification verification for voting. Okay, what were you going to say? Doctor? What I thought? Because they want illegal immigrants to vote for.
Speaker 6: Them, and also whatever, people haven't gotten the means to get identification, all those people, for instance, low income people who don't have IDs.
Speaker 1: You're turning that on and that is that? Yeah? Is his mic on or not? Okay? Talked?
Speaker 2: It's because they want it's not.
Speaker 1: Coming on what Doc is saying. You know, they just want indigence and illegal immigrants to vote for them, and they don't want them hindered at the polls. That's that's it in a nutshell. Now, I feel for people who are homeless or indigent, people who don't have the means to get an ID. I think that could be remedied a bit. I don't know. But but listen, is it why is it considered Again, I'm going to use the word hateful because hate is the word they use to to censor and to cancel you. And why is it considered hateful to require some form of identificy. I don't know. I'm wanting some I promise you, I won't interrupt anyone. I want someone to tell me, Please tell me now I have probably my emails are flooded with more liberal emails than anything, and they always holler at me and give me their arguments off the air. So I'm going to ask one of them, one of them, to please call in and explain to me the harm for asking for identification for voting. I really want to know, I really do. I don't know what it is I'm waiting to hear. I've read and read and read and read in nothing, nothing anywhere in any social media. Has anyone ever given me a reason. All they say is that Republicans want to restrict your right to vote. That's exactly what they say. And Republicans say all they want is to have illegal immigrants vote, and they don't want them to be held accountable. I want to know. Is that truly that simple? I don't think so. I don't think Democrats truly want illegal votes? Do they want? Then tell me if you're a Democrat. I know I have Democrats listening because I don't harp on anyone party. I just help people. So here's what I want to know. Please, please, please, please tell me the reason why you think it's hateful or wrong to have identification for voting, and then tell me why they have to give identification for flying airplane?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 1: Why if I want to pay and sit on an airplane, why can't I do that? Why do I have to show identification? Why do I need identification to drive a car? Why do I need identification to enter a concert? Why do I need or to buy tickets sometimes? Why do I need identification for a myriad of things in this world? Why? But not for voting? That's the You should not have identification for voting. Someone please educate me. I am begging for education. You see, I'm not like other hosts who say rarah and then pretend to know. I don't know your stance. I don't want to vilify you. I truly and I mean this. I truly want to know why it is considered wrong by most Democrats to ask for identification for voting. Please tell me. Okay, I'm going to go to the phones. Margareth has a twenty twenty two subaruin Presa with leaks. I'm assuming oil leaks. Is that right? Oil leaks, Margaret?
Speaker 3: I'm here, not oil leaks.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I was told that the both front swaybar bushings were leaking and needed to play.
Speaker 1: Okay, the front end need.
Speaker 3: To know if the dealer that tells me there is no liquid in those bushings they cannot leak? Is correct?
Speaker 8: If so?
Speaker 3: Would I need it?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: You hold on. Margaret's will come right back to I promise, Okay, we'll talk about those bushies. She's talking about the front end, whether there's fluid or grease or whatever's in there. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three or three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Margaret wants to know about the front end. Did they mention struts to you, Margaret on your Subaru? Is that what they mentioned was leaking?
Speaker 3: The thing that I got was both from swaybar bushings were leaking.
Speaker 1: Okay, you needed to be sway bar bushings. Okay, let's talk about it on a twenty twenty two Subaru and Preso. We have Jesse's Schillinger with us from Honest Accurate Auto and Colorado Springs. Jeff Fick kimmera transmission. Guys, what's these front bushings they're talking about? What is that to begin with?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so the sway bar bushings aren't filled with fluid, but the control arm bushings, if they're talking about those, they do have a liquid inside.
Speaker 1: Now is it a liquid or a grease?
Speaker 10: It's a grease solivent, but it looks like an oil coming out because it's blacken.
Speaker 1: And it does it come out in natural or does it mean a seal is broken? Correct? It gets cracked into a leak out of a you know the crack. Does that mean replacement? Yes? All right, hold on a second, Okay, hold on Because I asked these guys. I gave these guys a hard time. I wanted them to call in. So, John, you have a comment on IDs and voting, and I promised to let people write through on that just because I'm really curious. Do you have the answer, John, Yes, do you have the answer. Why do people oppose IDs for voting, Well.
Speaker 11: Because it gives them the ability to sway the election. Here's what I did, Tom on the last a rap a whole election.
Speaker 7: I filled out my.
Speaker 11: Bellet and I signed it with a straight line, and I got an email from It was a text or an email from Rappo County that they received my belt and they would let me know when my signature was verified. And I get another communication from them and it says my signature was verified. So the stuff that they tell you that there's checking every signature just is not true.
Speaker 1: I don't think they can check every signature, but I mean, I mean, look, I don't.
Speaker 12: Think probably compare it to whatever's on with DMV electronically. It's not like they're looking at it.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious about something though, John, And obviously you know you think they want to sway elections. I wanted to talk to someone who is opposed to IDs for voting so I could find out why. But I understand what you're saying, John, they don't do a very good job verifying. And I'm wasn't even talking about verifying so much as just casting the initial ballot. But Eric and I don't know the answer John to how they verify signatures. Maybe someone else can tell us. These are ultimate consumer issues, though not political consumer. Eric, what do you think? Do you have a reason or you're just you're going to give the conservative side that they want illegals to vote? What are you going to say?
Speaker 13: No, I just I believe that it goes to like taxation without representation is probably the argument. And I'm probably not the best person. I'm not well studied in this. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I do.
Speaker 14: Have a belief that Okay, we look the other way.
Speaker 13: You know, most days of the year, people go about their business. We buy our groceries, we get our food, and we don't ask anyone for ida who's giving.
Speaker 9: Us those services.
Speaker 13: But then when it comes time for them to vote, they say, okay, where's your ID? And there's you know, they go try to go get a legitimate ID. In theory, they're gone, They're going to beet deported or whatever. I don't know if that really happens in the real world.
Speaker 8: I doubt it.
Speaker 1: Well, there are people who feel there are people who feel, yeah, it will prevent immigrants from voting who are here illegally and they should be able to vote because they're working and they're here and they.
Speaker 15: Should pay and taxes. Who cares if they're working.
Speaker 1: Well, Mark, all I'm saying is I believe.
Speaker 13: Here's the thing. I do believe that they are paying into your social Security and my social Security, and it's the benefit they'll never collect, Thank goodness, because that's what's popping up the whole system to begin with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that we have a lot of well that's providing, that's providing, they're on payroll. A lot of them are not on payroll.
Speaker 13: Correct, correct, But still a lot of the folks that aren't on payroll or that are knowledge they're working for a lot of them are working for very big businesses. Or agriculture is built, you know, meatpacking, produce.
Speaker 2: All catchings everywhere.
Speaker 1: So, Eric, do you think it's reasonable to ask for identity, proof of identity or citizenship or some kind of ID at.
Speaker 13: All, if that if an identification was attainable to them.
Speaker 16: But I don't think identification.
Speaker 14: Is really made attainable to them.
Speaker 13: I think it's a way to keep the services here coming towards us.
Speaker 1: Attainable to who do you mean I think ideas are attainable to Don't you think ideas are attainable for every citizen in the world here? And I mean every citizen.
Speaker 13: Again, I'm not super well say it, but I don't know that if you're here without documentation and you've come you can just walk into the.
Speaker 17: DMB And no you can't.
Speaker 1: That's the whole point. No, No, that's right. I don't know why we're Chris Eric, You're right. If you're not here legally, you can't easily get identification. You have to be here legally to get identification. But I do know people who are here on asylum that can get a driver's license. Now, if they get a driver's license and showed that at the polls, is that adequate what is considered idea at the polls? See? I don't really know this because no articles are clear. Most articles simply pontificated and preach and make stands, and they're either conservative or progressive or liberal. They're not factual. No one talks about what the id would look like because I know people here illegally who have driver's licenses, So it can't be a driver's license that doesn't prove citizenship. What proves citizenship? I don't know anyway, thanks for calling guys, Margaret. So if these things are leaking, they need to be replaced. So Margaret, did they say, but how many miles on your Subaru?
Speaker 3: Okay, my Subaru has twelve thousand miles?
Speaker 18: Soon?
Speaker 1: Oh my telling me wait, wait, only twelve thousand miles?
Speaker 3: Yes, and they tell me there's no reason and no, that doesn't need to be replaced because nothing happens under way more milestone.
Speaker 8: What would I have home?
Speaker 3: And I need to know who's right? And am I safe to keep driving that car without well, if they're.
Speaker 1: Truly broken seals, I don't know, Jesse. It's not that it's unsafe to drive. But the bigger question is with that lower mileage, is subrew not trying to cover it due to a warranty issue? Is it under warranty Margaret.
Speaker 19: Until September sixth?
Speaker 1: Yes, and make them change them.
Speaker 10: You just have to get proof from wherever you go. They just need to take some pictures and give them to you with the estimate, and you need to take it to suber. If it's under warranty, they need to do it. There shouldn't be a question is the.
Speaker 1: Dealer, the one that is the dealer, the one that told you you needed them.
Speaker 3: No my mechanic.
Speaker 1: Okay, go to the dealer. You should have them replaced.
Speaker 3: Listen. I sent the picture to the dealer and the dealer said, those are normal picture, there's nothing wrong and you're fine, and how do I make them replace it?
Speaker 1: You can pick a different dealer to go to that. What dealer did you go to?
Speaker 3: I went to the automation dealer on Colfax, and then I went to the Grove Group Groove something.
Speaker 1: You went to two dealerships, yes, and they both told you they're fine.
Speaker 3: The second dealer said, I don't even want to waste time at this car that ah that year. There's nothing wrong because there is no liquid in those bushings and they cannot leak.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, they might be look at Margaret. All I can do is send you to another shop that I know, and then I would definitely know from the people I know. Where are you located?
Speaker 3: I mean I live at the Green Mountain area in Lakewood.
Speaker 1: Okay. You can go to Colfax west of Wadsworth a Sheridan Auto Tech. He'll take a look at it for you. Kevin, will take a look. Do you have those photos you can send to us? Those pics.
Speaker 3: I can have the mechanics send to you. They're in my phone. I can't find them anymore.
Speaker 1: Hey, Katschina. See if her mechanic can send those pics to us, tell her where to send them. But I would go to Sheridan Auto Tech on Wadsworth. Kiss me on Colefax west of Wadsworth three h three four five five forty two seventy two. Give him a call. All right, and Steve, what's going on with you? Steve? Welcome, what's happening?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Tom, Hey, what's happening?
Speaker 19: Well? We have a water problem. I live at Brookdale Meridian in Inglewood and they test the water quality weekly and about two and a half weeks ago the nitrade level tested too high.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, wait when you say they test the water, what water system are you on?
Speaker 19: We're on Inglewood water Brooksaw.
Speaker 1: It's called Brookdale Meridian. Is it an apartment complex? A senior complex? What is it?
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's a senior it's a retirement home, okay, and called Brookdale Meridian Inglewood Okay. And it's right in Inglewood. And so for two and a half weeks.
Speaker 1: We have not down. Who tests the water?
Speaker 19: Well, it's either the city or the state.
Speaker 1: And did they tell you not to drink?
Speaker 19: They told not to drink it?
Speaker 1: Does this happen often?
Speaker 19: Nobody seems to know. I've lived here two years and it hasn't happened.
Speaker 1: Did they say how long you won't be able to drink?
Speaker 19: Well, they keep having meetings and they say another forty eight hours, another forty.
Speaker 20: Eight Why don't you hold on?
Speaker 1: Hold on a sack, hold on, Hey, I need to get Paul the waterman on. We got all these experts. We need to get on because they he will definitely have So Paul the water man on this one. I'm going to make it on the caller note, Paul doubting. I want to ask him about the the water, the water and that high What did he say that was nitrates? Let's ask them what can be done? Or what if he's heard of this before, He's usually hip on all of this stuff. Jim on a clear, bro very important question. If you can hang on, we'll come right back to you and more on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talk uh seven one three eight two five five. Frank Durand in the Real Estate Man will get you a free evaluation of your home, what it will sell for, what you'll net, what you can buy based on interest, based on supplying demand, based on your neighborhood. Give him a call for a free analysis. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk Compasses Insurance Group. Do your insurance checkups for you three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. They do mine automatically. My insurance went up six percent. They shopped it and it was still the best deal. So if you need this. This is a free service for them. Even if you're not their customer, they'll shop you and let you know if you have a great deal. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Let's let's go back to Steve Steve and do we have Paul on yet? Paul? Yeah, we do? Okay, good. I want to talk to Steve. Steve is living at a place called Brookdale, Meridian, and I'm going to bring up Paul the waterman, pauldowtywaterpros dot net h water expert. Paul, have you heard of high night rate levels in where is this? Steve? What? What an anglewood? Yes, you've heard of it, Paul not.
Speaker 16: It's not usual in city water, but it can happen.
Speaker 1: What are high nitrates from?
Speaker 16: Nitrates can be from uhrees rooch vegetation if you live in the foothills. Nitrates could also be from cross contamination of wastewater. But let me ask a question. How did he get the high nitrates? Did they did they send him a letter? Did someone come out and test it at his house?
Speaker 19: Well, the Colorada Border Health ran TISS and there was another company, Hillman Company, and both of them ran TISTS and the nitrate level was something like fifty milligrams per leader, and the safe level is ten milligrams per leader, so it was.
Speaker 16: Right, but it's worse than that because if you boil the water, then the nitrates that you know, don't boil out of water, so then the concentration levels, Yeah, I get higher. So it's actually worse. Yeah, that's really bad. Yeah, that's that's that's not a leaf. That's that's not So what can.
Speaker 15: He do right in his own place?
Speaker 16: Birth off?
Speaker 19: Well what let me Let me explain that they have supplied bottled water for drinking, and they've been doing that for two and a half weeks, and we have they still have water for showers and laundry and the toilet, but we can't drink the water. So they've given us plenty of bottle water every day. But it's been dragging on for two and a half weeks, and we keep getting we keep having meetings and they say, well, we're gonna have it fixed another forty eight hours, and then forty eight hours later.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, this is just a tip of the iceberg. We're going to see a lot of this in the future. But hold on, wait, wait, yeah.
Speaker 12: Wouldn't if it was the municipality that it would be affecting so many people.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 12: Is it possible, Paul, It's just something like in the building's pipes or something.
Speaker 1: Well, let's ask Steve, Steve, is it affecting the whole city?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 19: No, we've we've been told that it's not an Inglewood water problem in general. And what they're telling us here, Uh, there was, there's heat exchangers, and I don't understand all of this. There's and on one of the heat exchangers had a crack.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it is a local It is a local problem. Okay.
Speaker 16: I was going to guess cross. I was going to grasp gus cross contamination.
Speaker 19: Yeah, they did use that word cross contamination. Yeah, I'm just a problem fixed.
Speaker 1: Okay. But hold on, Steve, do you rent or own there?
Speaker 19: We just rent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Well this is okay, this is the landlord.
Speaker 17: Then this is not Inglewood, right, Inglewood, the city of Inglewood, they probably know about it, but they haven't been Okay.
Speaker 1: This is the management company, and they keep promising to fix it. You know, as long as they're supplying bottled water and you can shower and do other stuff. I'm not sure, there's much you can do about it. I imagine if you wanted to move, they couldn't oppose you. If you wanted to break your lease and get out of there, I'll bet you it would be a chance to do that. Do you want to do that?
Speaker 19: No, I'm not to that point yet, because you do lose money when when you move, because if you go to some other place, you had to put a three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Sarah. I want to ask Steve. I don't think, to be honest with you, I don't think there's anything we can do to speed that up. I mean, that's a major problem they have to fix. The only thing I can do is advise you can leave or you can just keep accepting their bottled water. Obviously, I wouldn't put a system in if I didn't own the place. But Paul, speaking of systems, would I'm just curious, do you have any systems that would, for example, get rid of nitrates.
Speaker 16: Yeah, your point of use for verse house MOSLUS would, and then they also could do if you wanted to, you could do a whole house system that would be you know, based on a water softener followed by an antin resume unit and the antin resin would remove nitrates. So I mean and be done that. You know, a simple point of u SRO would absolutely take care of it, and I recommend it. Today's for all Tom. Everybody should shoot the bubblegum about getting n ros.
Speaker 1: But no, absolutely, Like I told you, Paul, people buy organic food when regular food is available. People buy supplements when they're supposedly vitamins and foods. Why do they do all of this? They do it because they want to be healthier. And there's and water. Drinking water for God says you need. Even bottled water nowadays has microplastics in it. So anyway, Paul the waterman has this double system with both drinking water and softening for your pipes. You're plumbing your laundry everything for just thirty one ninety five. Will supplies last through labor Day only three oh three eight six, two, five, five five four Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three three seven on three Talk Jim, let's talk about clearbras, and of course we're talking about car clearbras. Haha, joke. Anyway, guys, what do you think? I mean? What was your question? First?
Speaker 21: Don't you know if his car identifies as a transgender woman so she needs a clear bra?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe not, Jim, Jim, what what U is your actual question about?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm considering getting a clear bra on a new SUV that you purchased because we drive a lot across country and I'm trying to minimize paint damage.
Speaker 9: Yeah, priving states and highways.
Speaker 1: No matter what, paints nowadays are real hardy and hardier than they used to be. However, I'm a believer of clear bras. Having said that I don't have one, I don't know why the hell I don't have one. I should because I have nicks here and there. I believe in them. Now there are some people that don't. I don't know why they don't, because can't you got guys, can't you take them off when you're done using them if you want to resell your car or trade it or replace it with another clear bra? Yeah, definitely, So they don't really damage the paint.
Speaker 10: Right, No, Yeah, I just think the only thing that's when you take it off sometimes it's sun faded underneath, but replacing the sun faded where where the BRA would sit because it's the same sun.
Speaker 1: So wait, wait, wait, just the opposite right, what it would be. Yeah, it's it's shining underneath there. Because okay, so the clearbas actually filtering out the UV. Right, so the replacement seems like the better option, Like if it starts to feel, you would replace it with another one. Yeah, and I've it depends on your color. How much differential you'd see anyway, A lot of a lot of cars nowadays. The paints are just fantastic for UV protection and everything, but not for chips. They do help, they're not near what they used to be, and you hardly ever see a rest of the car ever, you know, like we used to see rest of cars all the time, so Jim, I would get one of ire You what suv is it?
Speaker 5: It's a twenty twenty three Tsarento. So I'm looking for a recommendation for a company. There are a lot of people in the Denver Do you know now that.
Speaker 1: I used to have We don't anymore. Mark, do we have any I don't. I think Mark still on his knee anyway, I don't know. I don't. I can't just I used to have some really good vendors that did clearbras.
Speaker 20: Most of your PDR company school.
Speaker 1: Clear braw h your paintless dent repair.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we have a good company in the Springs that actually did my motorcycle for me.
Speaker 1: Really with a substance of clearbra I don't have to worry about it. But I don't know anybody in Denver.
Speaker 16: Recommendations.
Speaker 5: As far as the kind of.
Speaker 1: Three M three M down, there's no there's no competition. They've been in at the longest. There are plenty of copies that are cheaper three M. Okay, I mean, don't even consider anything else. So if you find a three M, you know a person and there used to be a company is trim Line still a company. They used to go to dealers and they used to come to people. It was such a dependable company. Let me it was called that was the one I used to recommend trim Line. Hold on trim line, clearbra. Let me see, I don't And they didn't do just clear bras. They used to do stuff that went away, like pinstripes and all. I remember that kind. Nobody's that anymore. Let's see.
Speaker 7: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't see what trimline of reno. I don't see trim line anymore. I don't know. You might. You might want to call dealers, some dealers of these luxury card they'll they be happy to give you their vendor's name. It doesn't it's no skin off their back. Three M clear bra. Oh well on the hold on this one? One? Was this posted? This is uh three M clear bra. Trim Line did a great job. And I'm I'm but I don't know when this was posted. Oh no, never mind, never mind, never I never I that was ten twelve years ago. I don't think trimline is still around for what I can find, But look for three AM. I think you'll be world ahead. And I would ask maybe some dealers, or, as Jeff Fix said, a good body shop or a pdr O paintless dent repair place. I'm Tom Martino. Today's car day. And by the way, Abe has been working with Deputy Doc. We'll go and revisit that follow up and we have a lot more to talk about. Get your calls in three o three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: D News.
Speaker 1: So you don't have.
Speaker 2: The Shooter's gonna help?
Speaker 4: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So somebody asked about a clear bra. If anybody knows people who do clearbras, if you had one done, let us know now if you're gonna go ahead and do a clear bra. Do you guys like doing the rocker panels and stuff? I mean I've seen people now when I say rockers, okay, I'm talking about like below the door, not not where you below the door. I've seen some people with SUVs do the same color kind of rhino kind of stuff. Have you seen that where they they use the same color of the car, but it's a rhino. It's a like a spray on. I like it.
Speaker 20: We we actually happened h two in the shop. They did the entire vehicle in rhino.
Speaker 1: That's kind of that's ugly as hell. It wasn't attractive and it's heavy. Anyway, I want to talk to uh Ava real quick here, Hi, Ava, Deputy Doc was working with you and this is a show, by the way, for people listening where we attempt to solve problems. We have a number of very smart people on board who help people. But I don't know, I don't recall this. Let me let me look you up here, Ava, How what was this about? Doc? Okay, let me find let me let me find it here. God Tom thinks.
Speaker 22: About an engine replacement an Eagle Automotive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember, yeah, and and so let me see was this. I'm trying to find the year of the actual notes. Anyway, what happened? Did anything happen since? Or are you just going to find out?
Speaker 22: Because no, no, no, I'm calling to give you the final update.
Speaker 23: Okay, unless they want to come around and do the right thing.
Speaker 16: But at this.
Speaker 22: Point, and I got to tell you, I really don't like being on a radio show airing my problem. However, with what happened to me at Eagle Automotive, they're good lessons for other consumers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had the Kia Sorrento. Actually I gave this the deputy dollar. This was not doc. That's why you don't have notes on it. Doc. Here's what. Let me tell people what happened. Let me just tell people what happened. You say that you went to Parker to Eagle Transmission and Diesel for a used engine. You paid fifty eight hundred bucks. But the engine needs a timing chain and camscheft. But as we I remember, a dollar called there. They said this was not a this was a used engine, I believe, But isn't fifty eight isn't fifty eight hundred guys expensive for a used engine for a two thousand and nine Sorrento?
Speaker 18: Is that nine?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. Yeah, I don't It doesn't sound over there. I mean, Jeff, does this sound like a lot of money?
Speaker 20: It doesn't sound over.
Speaker 1: So if it was remanufactured, it would be way more than a yeah, ten twelve? Oh what what come on? Installed? It would be ten thousand.
Speaker 10: No, We've got a Subaru in the shop right now that they're wanting to do an engine in and it's like eighty five hundred used to put the engine in this?
Speaker 1: What year?
Speaker 16: At that?
Speaker 1: Two thousand nine? Yeah? So the two thousand and nine. So I guess what we're saying, Ava is as I listen, if they did a used engine, I don't know what kind of warranty. Did they give you a warranty on this work?
Speaker 22: Yeah? And let me go through and explain this way that I that I sincerely felt that I was done dirty at Eagle Automotive and Parkers. Let me tell you from the very big and there's eight less.
Speaker 1: Just first tell me this though, did you get a warranty.
Speaker 21: Yes, I did.
Speaker 22: And here's part of the problem. He told me the engine came with the warranty. But the fact is he sold me the warranty, and not only did he miss leave me on that, he sold me an inferior warranty for parts only.
Speaker 1: And he will and will this warranty in this case cover the timing and the camshaft.
Speaker 22: And that's the problem. And here's the other problem. And this is a lesson for other consumers to learn. When my get Eagle Automotives confirmed that this Mint engine needed to be replaced, he quoted me over the thumb between four and five thousand handle removed and install this use engine that had sixty eight thousand miles in it. He said, the engine came with the one year warranty. Now what I was actually Bill Tom, was five nine hundred dollars for this engine when he quoted me between four and five and then it was.
Speaker 1: The extra money for a warranty.
Speaker 22: I guess, yeah, when you look at it, you clearly build me for a warranty. But he made it sound like it came with the engine. So that's lesson number one with Eagle Automotive you need to get everything in writing it. And you know, I thought I wasn't savvy when it came to business. An I've done business with a lot of people, but clearly I have to go back to basics. And I don't know a mechanic shop. If they tell me it's going to be a certain price, I better make sure that they get it in writing.
Speaker 1: Well, you're right, Ava, You're right about that. You got to get everything in writing. But I'm thinking that right now though, Right now I'm thinking, how do we help you do? Did you have the timing chain and camshaft done or do we even know if that's really the trouble?
Speaker 22: Well, I believe them. I really don't know.
Speaker 1: Who told you you need a timing belt and.
Speaker 22: You need automotive. She's the one after I paid them five nine hundred dollars to have a car and good running order. Because I'm just trying to sell.
Speaker 1: This ID fifty nine hundred. Why do you believe them? Now? If you said they didn't do you right, why do you believe them?
Speaker 22: Well, a variety of reasons. Number one in the car's not running. Number two, he told me that that this additional work that is required on this engine exceeds well. First of all, it doesn't cover the labor and the majority of this additional thirty eight dollars he wants does he's telling me so.
Speaker 1: He wants you to put thirty eight hundred into this to get a timing chain and camshaft.
Speaker 22: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you believe it even needs a camshaft?
Speaker 21: That?
Speaker 1: I don't even believe that.
Speaker 10: My biggest problem is if there's a warranty that's part of the engine, and that's part of the warranty, that.
Speaker 1: He should not be able to get out of that. No, no, they're saying. She's saying the warranty covers parts only. Yeah, I've heard of those warranties. Here's the thing, ABA, I never actually looked at your warranty. But if you, if you bought this with a.
Speaker 22: Warranty, he won't let me. He won't give me the name with a warranty company.
Speaker 1: He won't. Why don't you do this, abas, since all hell is it's not worth investing in this car, Why don't you just make a last ditch effort and taking the small claims court for the price of that engine and just say he sold you a useless He breached contract by selling you a useless engine, and get him and sue them for six six grand or whatever. Sue them.
Speaker 22: Well, that's what I'm gonna do, and I'm gonna dispute it. But here's the other lesson for other consumers to learn. In the small print, he basically has an out where he says that you know, and I understand it in certain cases, but in this case, I don't believe it applies. He basically has an out saying that you know, whatever the diagnos is, it may lead to additional parts and labor involved. And I get it on a different situation. But when you quote a customer a price for an engine replacement, and then you come back and you tell him you need another four thousand dollars when at this point I'm exceeding the value on his car, of course you are.
Speaker 1: Of course you are. That's why I recommend small claims. Car Ava. Listen, man, there's nothing we can do about this. But Eagle. As I looked them up, I thought Eagle had a good reputation. No, I thought I looked them up. What last time you called? In any case, look them up. If you guys can Eagle Transmission in Dieselin Park or see what he can find. Let me Ava, I would do the small claims court issue, really would? I really would. Now I'm going to go to Renee. Renee, what is going on with your avas? Rene car?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 24: Tom?
Speaker 14: I am?
Speaker 24: I was just wanting to ask a question. Here my initial bill for renting a full size SUV for six days. At the counter, they printed out fourteen sixty five fifty one.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're talking fourteen hundred yes, and this is for a big well, yes, uv? And where where are you renting it?
Speaker 24: By the way, Denver International Airport?
Speaker 1: Okay? Fourteen? And how many days?
Speaker 24: Fourteen sixty five fifty one for six days?
Speaker 1: Fourteen sixty five Okay, So I'm just trying to figure out for fourteen days for six days. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Six days, okay, two forty that sounds high. What kind of suv is it?
Speaker 24: Ford Expedition?
Speaker 1: What is that? What size is that? And that's one of the big giant size yeah, yep, two four a day? And does that what does that include unlimited miles? Right? Yes? And then is that with insurance and all of that? Yes?
Speaker 24: On top of what they offered I opted for the lost damage.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. Huh, but that's included. That's included in the fourteen hundred something, right, I thought it was Well, what do you mean you thought it was? Is it or not?
Speaker 22: Well?
Speaker 24: I got I got a bill for seventeen oh one ninety three.
Speaker 1: Oh man, So you already rented this, right, yes, and you thought it was going to be fourteen something and it turned out to be seventeen something.
Speaker 14: Yes.
Speaker 24: The agent at the counter there at the airport said, you know what else is this?
Speaker 16: This it?
Speaker 24: And I said, I want an additional driver.
Speaker 1: And that shouldn't cost more. What cost you more is the insurance. So they quoted you the fourteen sixty five whatever, and then you added insurance after that. Yes, well then that's what happened here. That's what you're paying for.
Speaker 24: And then they put a hold on the card for two hundred.
Speaker 1: And fifty and yeah, that's normal.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 24: The reason I got the bill for seventeen oh one ninety three was because they put the coverages on after I drove it up and turned it in, and I said, what.
Speaker 25: Do you mean?
Speaker 1: No, they didn't put them on after you were covered, but they charged you afterwards.
Speaker 24: Yeah. I asked Hassan, the person I spoke to, and he said, I said, so we didn't have anything. What if we'd been in an accident or whatever? He said, Well, I said, you.
Speaker 1: Look at here's the deal. They obviously can't after the fact put insurance on that would not have covered you. But I'm not sure that's what they did. Does it show coverage on your contract, your initial contract?
Speaker 24: Yeah, it shows the usual charge for not having the extra which was two thirty two fifteen.
Speaker 1: Not sure what you mean by that. Here's what I'm asking four. So this is a real simple question. On the original contract with fourteen hundred dollars, did it show that you had coverage for the lost damage waiver and all of that.
Speaker 24: I thought it did, but apparently it didn't.
Speaker 1: Then you were not covered. How can they say you were covered. They can't go back retroactively and say you were covered if you weren't covered, right, And.
Speaker 26: I was surprised that I was Basically I know, I know, I know you keep track of everything, but basically you were talking about a difference of three hundred bucks, right around three hundred dollars, and that three hundred dollars he's saying is for coverage, Yet that coverage does.
Speaker 1: Not show on your original contract. I would contest it with my credit.
Speaker 24: Card, right, So, tom my question is I was told by Hassan the first rep blind transferred me to someone I didn't even know he was transferring me.
Speaker 1: But then it doesn't it doesn't matter. What were you told. All of that doesn't matter. What were you told?
Speaker 24: I was told that although I had the additional driver coverage and I had the additional LDW Lost Damage Waiver, that the reason I got a different bill is because they had to add it in. So I said, well, wasn't it added in? I mean I drove away without having this perk and roadside coverage And he said, well, you didn't have it, but we went ahead and got it, and that's why you got the second bill.
Speaker 1: Well, they can't do that after you return the damn vehicle? Did they wait? Did they do it after you return the vehicle?
Speaker 27: Yes, they can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they can do that. Oh, yeah, you were covered. How will you ever know if you were covered or not if it wasn't on the contract.
Speaker 24: Well, here's how I think they did it. And then they said I still owed the hold on the card they needed to take the n money.
Speaker 1: The additional three hundred bucks. Have you paid it.
Speaker 24: Yet, they've already taken it from my card.
Speaker 1: Okay, can test it with your credit card right now, here's what you're going to tell them. Keep this simple, Renee, because you're getting very complicated. You really don't have to tell as much as you're telling. Here's the story because and it's the truth. You rented a car for six days. There was nowhere on that contract where you were covered for insurance, and they arbitrarily added it after you return the car. Okay, Now you say, I wouldn't mind paying for insurance if I had insurance, but the original contract showed no insurance and I never got another contract, so I would tell them I would contest it. You got to do that first, that's the very first thing you do. But your whole argument is you wanted it, yeah, but you never got it, so you shouldn't have to pay for it. So it's like they said, oh, if you wanted insurance while you were renting that, let me charge you now for it. But had you gotten in an accident, they would have said you never took insurance out. I wouldn't pay for it. I would contest it. Contest it, contest it. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter. We have monitors in here. I have won the left. One is on CNN, cable news network that used to stand for Remember and then Fox News. And it's just freaking amazing to me. Now, I know some of you are saying one is better. No, they're not the one.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: The CNN everything good about Harris, everything bad about Trump, Fox everything good about Trump, everything bad about Harris. I don't care what you do. There's a spin and they call it to no spins. No, it's a spin zone. And now you might argue you need those to counteract each other. Well, truth the way they report you do. But you can't get the truth on either one of them. You really can. Now you get some truth on each, but no balance anywhere. There is no such thing as balance anymore. Have you listened to Channel nine lately? No, I'm serious, I'm serious now. No, they are literally they're all night can offshoot of the Democratic Party. It's amazing to me, not their news stories. I'm talking about everything else they do. I think. I don't know.
Speaker 21: The ratings are amazing. Fox outc is CNN by about ten to one.
Speaker 1: Oh well, and then MSNBC. Actually, MSNBC is coming up above CNN a lot they've got.
Speaker 15: Miss NBC's got virtually no.
Speaker 1: But I thought they were beating CNN for a while though.
Speaker 21: That shows you how bad CNN is.
Speaker 15: No way I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought on some nights they beat him. But maybe not. I don't know enough to say really, I haven't looked into it, but no, Fox is a ratings monster. And I'm wondering why if the country is split half and half, the country is pretty much split half in half.
Speaker 21: Okay, it's an interesting phenomena.
Speaker 1: Now, Bill, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Doc, I got to take Bill. Bill. What is your question, sir? Or your Yeah? What is it?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 8: You never did talk about Google yesterday?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, and you know what, I have it on my list Google question bottom line. Let me just tell you real quick, and thanks for reminding me. I really mean it. A federal judge says that they aren't violation of the eighteen ninety Sherman Antitrust Act. That's the same act that was used to break up the phone company. And this is no small thing, by the way. It's a court order from a federal district judge who says Google's market dominance is not happenstance, as they say, it's not organic growth, it's deliberate and internet and intentional misconduct. They must start looking for ways to break up, and the court still is going to come up with a plan. This is the biggest news since ma Bell was broken up. And this is true. I mean this is now. Back when they went after Microsoft in two thousand and one because of Windows and all of that, which I thought was wrong because I didn't think Windows had unfair policies, but they settled it for millions and millions, but Google, there's no money they say that will settle this. They have to break up the company into smaller companies. And by the way, this was supported by all the attorneys general and a lot of the states. And what's surprising is even the liberal or progressive states or politicians were going after Google too. And that is surprising because Google is truly another tool of the Democratic Party. But it was all their search algorithms and stuff. But guess what, they're eating their own because they're going after them. And it seems to be bipartisan. And so in your.
Speaker 8: Opinion, should I dump my Google stock?
Speaker 1: Well, now, I'm not going to give that advice based on this. I know. You know, here's the deal Alphabet is gonna I doubt they're going to devalue that much. Mark, what do you think I mean based on.
Speaker 15: I mean, I don't I have Honestly, I have no idea.
Speaker 12: The next part of the Google deal is a new trial to figure out what to do.
Speaker 15: I mean we're talking years and years.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 1: Their revenue went from twenty fourteen to twenty twenty one, from forty seven billion in advertising revenue to one hundred and forty six billion. Now, they really are the only game in town. They truly are when it comes to Google, to the add words and all of that, and they just they just crush the competition with their trade practices. I mean they really do. And well, you know, and they manipulate search results based on your your search results based on what you spend with them.
Speaker 8: What were you going to say they are best? Search is? Like you said, you know, I bought I bought a couple of thousand dollars worth of the stock I don't know, five years ago, and it's worth about one hundred thousand dollars now.
Speaker 1: So really, Bill, you really made seriously that much money?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I looked. I looked just before.
Speaker 1: I about how much did you? I mean, did you actually realize the game yet or do you still just have it sitting in your portfolio?
Speaker 8: It's just sitting there right now.
Speaker 1: So how much did you act? Do you remember exactly what you spend? I'm curious about it.
Speaker 8: I'm sure it was one in a couple of thousand dollars. Come on, I want to spend that much more on So you.
Speaker 1: Think you spent two thousand and it's now one hundred thousand.
Speaker 8: Pretty close to that.
Speaker 1: Yep, holy crapy Yeah, well.
Speaker 8: I'm making a killing. It's time for me to dump everything.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, you know there's taxes, they call it. And by the way, if the Democrats had their way, you'd be taxed on that unrealized gain.
Speaker 8: I know. That's why we don't need her at all.
Speaker 12: No, that's not true. What do you mean that's only certain individuals and certain dollar amounts.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, Mark, Well, the last thing I heard they were proposing is if you have over five hundred million, and I assume this gentleman doesn't have five hundred million.
Speaker 1: Wait, so that's the only time you're taxed on unrealized gain.
Speaker 12: That was my understanding. It's mainly for big corporations and of course with a handful of billionaires.
Speaker 8: Sound like that, It sounds like any kind of.
Speaker 1: On That's what I thought of it. Again, I to be honest with you, it is something I have not delved into, so I really can't tell you that. But Mark, did you actually read about it?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean this is months and months ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well, okay, thanks Bill, Thank you for calling three three seven to one to three.
Speaker 28: Talk.
Speaker 1: Andy's got a comment on inflation. Go ahead, Andy, what about inflation? Sir?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I meant to call it yesterday, but I didn't have time yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I asked yesterday we were talking about inflation, saying is there any legitimacy to the claim from Democrats that much of the inflation is due to greed and price gouge?
Speaker 9: And go ahead, Well, I mean what I didn't notice.
Speaker 15: I mean, hey, hold on, let me interrupt you real quick.
Speaker 12: The budget proposes a new minimum tax of twenty five percent to unrealize capital gain for taxpayers with more than one hundred minus million in total wealth.
Speaker 29: Okay, Andy, Yeah, I was just saying that when Biden started his term, when he basically said that he was.
Speaker 19: He was at war with the fossil fuels.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I noticed the the natural gas builds just I mean, we use the natural gas fireplace to heat part of our home. Yeah, and when we installed that, you know, four years actually no, it was like six years ago. We're using it and you know, didn't see a huge cost increase on that. But when he created the war and fossil fuels, I mean that that went through the the RUF that build it.
Speaker 1: And that so do you think though, No, but do you think it did so due to the anticipation of supply and demand uh strain or do you think it was to cash in on on greed.
Speaker 29: That's what I mean.
Speaker 9: All I know is that when his term started, I saw the prices increase. And you know, whether that was, like you say, other cause by you know, being squeezed energy wise, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But sometimes prices come go up in anticipation of a trend. I know oil and gas used to do this a lot, where they would say when gas prices went up or oil supplies went down, more than anything, the supplies that they had in stock went up, even though the basis on those barrels were lower. You can have a lower basis on stuff in stock than the new stuff. But the reason they charged more was because their replacement costs was going to be more. But here's the evil thing that oil.
Speaker 12: They're like the highest day've ever been man, Natural gas like in twenty twenty was around I'm looking at a chart here, two and a half three bucks per whatever this is mmbtu and now you're talking nine plus man.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, but speaking of what oil companies did a while back, they were getting away with this, they would say okay. They immediately would raise gas prices and oil prices because they said, well, oil prices went up, and even though our stock has a lower basis, we bought it cheaper. Are replacements going to go up? But before they had to replace it, prices went back down, so they really didn't have the higher replacement cost as anticipated. Yet they were able to justify the price increases based on the fear of the replacement cost being higher. So again, was that greed or was that fear or was that anticipation that did not come to fruition. There's all kinds of ways to look at it. But I mean, again, Democrats have always and again I always say Democrats because I'm not talking about Republicans now, but I talk about Republicans too. Democrats have always villified wealth, always, always, always, always villified wealth. It is something that is evil and wrong. I don't know why, but it is. And that is the same theory in socialism and especially communism. However, I don't think Democrats resemble communists at all. I think Trump is totally wrong when he says that that she's like Kamela is like Kamala is like a Marxist. She's not nothing even close to being a Marxist. She's she's definitely a socialist, but not a Marxist. I mean, that's just inaccurate. Marxist was more of a utopian dreamer. He was a weirdo, a total weirdo. He didn't want any state, any politics, any government. He wanted committees running things based on the ownership of everything communally through the government. It was crazy, and that.
Speaker 12: Every well Google Google says, Marxists are critical of capitalism. Of course, you're concerned with issues such as the struggling of the working class and the conflict between social classes.
Speaker 18: Mark.
Speaker 12: I'll be damned if Google doesn't have that. It might as well have a picture of her to.
Speaker 1: Mark, Mark, while she shares those traits, trusts me when I tell you that I've studied extensively Marxism and the Manifesto and socialism and communists do that. Yes, they believe in that, but they do not believe in any classes, nor do they believe in any ownership at all, no government, And the working class they believe should overcome the middle class completely. The middle class, the bourgeoisie were middle class people. They believe anyone above a worker, an hourly worker is evil, and that hourly workers should control everything through their committees and unions.
Speaker 21: But Tom to the people don't understand a distinction between Marxism, socialism, and communism, and they use the terms interchangeably, you.
Speaker 1: Know, to identify because as Mark pointed out, there are certain similar characteristics, but those go far. There's way more similar circumstances with socialism. Socialism believes in a strong government that controls everything.
Speaker 21: How many people do you think make that distinction.
Speaker 1: Well, not many, and and so they truly democrats truly align more with socialism than communism and socialism, meaning a strong centralized government that controls the means of production and ownerships and distributs wealth. That's truly what they believe in. And we breakm and they believe in classes of people as well. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here at three O three seven one three talk ten one three eight two five five. Let's go back to the phones. Did I take Andy's comment?
Speaker 30: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did, say Andy's gone. Let's let's talk to UH Kirk, who has a problem with UH an issue with Tesla Solar. This is, you know, Kirk, we don't get a lot of complaints about Tesla's Solar. What's going on?
Speaker 14: I'm actually kind of surprised. So basically what's happened is Tesla took over Solar City, who initially put these panels on my roof.
Speaker 1: I think they were always Solar City. Yeah, they just rebranded it.
Speaker 14: Okay, So I purchased the house and I had to take the contract to this Solar or I had to walk away from the house kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Wait, wait, so this was on the house when you bought.
Speaker 14: It, exactly exactly. It's a very one sided lease deal, right, but you had to.
Speaker 1: Do Wait you didn't, you didn't have to take the house. But you inherited it, right exactly. Okay, so what about it?
Speaker 14: So over the past three and a half years, the panels would go out, so call them out and they're saying, ah, it looks like you got a squirrel issue. Come out look at it. And they fixed it, and they said, you know you got a squirrel issue. Everything's good, You're good to go.
Speaker 1: So you actually took over the lease. You didn't just buy it out right right?
Speaker 13: Correct?
Speaker 14: Correct, no choice? And in its lease.
Speaker 7: I had.
Speaker 14: Some legal advice look over it and they said it's like a very one sided lease.
Speaker 1: Okay, well then that would that would have told you not to do it.
Speaker 14: Then, Well, at the time I didn't know it was. It was like it was when I bought the house. They're like, hey, you know the slower comes with it. It'll take your money, you know. And at the.
Speaker 1: Time, Kirk, I get all that, bro, I get all that. But the bottom line is you accepted it as it was. In fact, Okay, yeah, in fact, you had an attorney look at it who told you it was a bad lease. Well no, no, just now, oh just now, So back when you inherited it, you didn't have anyone look at it.
Speaker 14: No, No, the prime market where it's like you're putting in you know, way over price on a house.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, I got to take this break because I'm running over time. Hold On, I'll be right back with you. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three all three seven one three talk. I want to go right back to them and and see what we can do. So, Kirk, I just want to ask you, and I'm going to continue this, but I want to ask you, bottom line, what do you want? Are you insinuating at all that because it's a one way lease or it's a bad lease, you should be able to get out of it. Or what is your main contention?
Speaker 14: Oh, well, to see, there's there's a whole lot to this story.
Speaker 1: No, I get it, But what is your main contention?
Speaker 14: Well, the main contention is is poor customer service.
Speaker 16: On uh deathless part.
Speaker 15: I can get it.
Speaker 1: Let's say everything you say is right. Let's say it's a bad lease and poor customer service. Therefore, what.
Speaker 14: Well, there's damage to my house because of these solar paths.
Speaker 1: Therefore what.
Speaker 14: I I'm having, I'm fighting with them on trying to get them fixed that. They keep referring back to this leave that.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, okay, okay, so let me let me let me just get this straight. You're trying to get all of this. I get it. We can probably help your call them or try to rattle it a little, but you're not trying to get out of the lease. Is that right?
Speaker 16: No, I'm paying the leaf.
Speaker 14: I'm paying on it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: You just want you just want them to hold up their part.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, that's that's the problem with the lease is because every.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, and we'll come right back. I promise. I'm sorry about that. Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content leave run time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, ripped tough news needed, that's who you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot Com. By the way, if you have any kind of issues with your AC, if you have any issues with your furnace, and you shouldn't right now, but as you're going into winter, if you need someone reliable and honest, someone who won't exaggerate or be dishonest ever eight eight eight Heating dot Com threeho three seven seven zero two seven seven six now let's go to the phone scot a lot of people today's card day. We have honest, accurate Auto with us with Jesse, and then we have Jeff at camera transmission. We've had some car call call problems. Right now we're talking to Kirk and Kirk. Bottom line, I think you're being screwed if what you're telling me is true. I talked to you off the air, and here's the bottom line. You're telling me that you've had very little service, very little actual power generated due to the the the undependability of this system. And they always blame other things like squirrels and crap like that, but the bottom line is they shouldn't blame anything. You've probably not had your money's worth. And you said back in April they took the panels off and you haven't had them since April. So you've been without panels April, May, June, July, August five months and you've been paying on your system.
Speaker 14: Yeah, this is that's correct.
Speaker 1: Well, you got it. I think I think you know what. I think you may have grounds to get out of the damn lease. I think they suck. I'm serious.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna dispute that with you.
Speaker 14: I think they totally suck. They got a three.
Speaker 7: Point two customer rating.
Speaker 14: You can go all over the internet and see how many people. I mean, you get a lot of people that say that they're good.
Speaker 1: But really, right now, though, where are the panels? Are they sitting on your yard and you're in your yard? Where are they?
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're in my backyard. And I even told them, I'm like, this is kind of dangerous for you know, my animals.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you. Do they expect you to keep paying on this damn thing?
Speaker 14: That's why I keep saying this lease, they keep referring, they keep referring to the like, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: You're not generating. It's not operational right now, it's off.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 1: Did the attorneys say you can get out of this lease because of the bad service?
Speaker 14: The one attorney that I did talk to, he just said, stop paying on it and start becoming a squeaky wheel.
Speaker 1: Well I would stop paying too. I would say I'm not paying because I ain't. It's not producing anything.
Speaker 14: Now can they what about my credit?
Speaker 2: So that's well, see.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. You're gonna have a little war with him. Probably I don't. But unless you do something, these people are basically collecting money for nothing. Do you actually pay Tesla or is it a separate company that financed this?
Speaker 14: Oh, it's it's it's it's Tesla.
Speaker 1: Do you have a contact at Tesla? And where is the Tesla Corp? That you're calling in Texas?
Speaker 14: Well, here's the best part of it is, I've got many contacts. And the only way that you can talk to somebody is through a chat or an email. There's no you can't ever talk to anybody live. And when you do talk to somebody live, they keep referring back to the contract.
Speaker 1: And then they when they come out to your house, supervisor, When they come out to your house, who comes out.
Speaker 14: A technician usually?
Speaker 1: And do you ever talk today?
Speaker 14: I have talked to you like one of the technicians when they said they had to take the solar panels off to fix it, he said he had to take pictures and I asked him, ILF, so what's going on and he said, well, you know, it looks like there's some damage and stuff up there, but we got to turn it to our higher ups to look at it. And so they look at it and then they said, well, we can't put them on until your roof fixed. I'm like, wait a second, my roof is ruined by your panels because your a batment system was only halfway installed, according to your text, and so.
Speaker 1: They keep what you're a baitman system. What does that mean?
Speaker 14: Animal abatement system. It's supposed to keep things from getting underneath the panels and they only halfway installed it, so it trapped de breeze underneath the panels and rotted the shingles. And they're trying to say that a squirrel.
Speaker 31: Did all that.
Speaker 14: And time to find out one of the events the pump jacks from one of the roofers, because they asked me to get a roofer to send over an explanation. And he looked at it and he said, yeah, they cut one of your pump jacks short for one of your ventilations to your toilet. So being in Colorado, okay, that's not a certain Okay, listen, we got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is you. I think if here's all I can tell you is what I would do, because they're not they're not going to pay attention to you at all. You're you're you're there punk right now. You just keep paying and paying and paying. I would when's your next payment?
Speaker 16: To all the first I.
Speaker 1: Personally would not pay. I would not pay, and not only that, I would probably sue them for the back payments you were making since the since the panels were off your roof, and I would sue them in small claims court. I really would. I would make their life miserable. But I wouldn't. I would become a squeaky wheel, and I wouldn't do anything. Do you have a But you don't even have a phone number where we can call and talk to them?
Speaker 14: Right, No, it's it's all chat and all email. I mean you can talk to you.
Speaker 16: You can't find anything online, just difficult.
Speaker 10: All I can find is a email address and a location in California and Texas, but no phone number.
Speaker 1: Man, is that a terrible thing to go to? Tesla? It sounds like a terrible solar company.
Speaker 14: The worst cars.
Speaker 1: Everything is everything, No one I'm looking to. I'm going to ask you, customer. I'm going to ask you to stay in touch with us. We don't mind getting in touch with them if we can at least find uh. Let me see, I'm trying to find this customer service thing. Okay, I found a customer service number for representatives availables at Teslas Solar to talk to. Have you ever tried this number many times? I'm going to give it to you. Are you there? Listen an eight seven seven number? Have you ever called it? Yep? And what do you get? And what do you get?
Speaker 14: Basically you get a representative that is basically on a script. And I went through many different ways to try to talk to a supervisor and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, well you so when you call eight seven seven seven nine eight thirty seven fifty two, Yeah, the representative is on a script. Is they Are they trying to you something?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 14: No, they just basically they they can look back at your contract and they can turn around and say, well, it's not in your contract. This is not part of your contract.
Speaker 1: Well, certainly they can't say that it not working is not part of your contract. Look at I'm going to tell you something. There's nothing we can do, there's no number to call. They've insulated themselves completely, so you're going to have to get their attention. Then you can call us back and I'll look up your case here, but you need to get their attention. I would do two things. I would sue them for everything, since April, since the panels have been off. I don't care what the agreement says. You've been producing zero power and you've had an electric bill. Or are they paying your electric bill?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 16: I got electric bill, So.
Speaker 1: They're not paying you anything. They're not compensating you in any way for this.
Speaker 14: Nope, they say that they review it every two years. Last time they reviewed it, I got a check for thirty three.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to uh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, you're gonna You're gonna sue them for your monthly payments since April.
Speaker 21: I think that's the right.
Speaker 1: I think Tom donnay, and then you're not gonna and I would take in the small claims for it. Then I would stop paying. I would absolutely stop paying. Call us back. I'm gonna mark this here. Hold on. I just can't believe how bad your experience has been with Tesla Soler. Look at I'm glad people are listening. Annie. What's going on with you? Annie? You said you were scammed? Annie?
Speaker 27: This is Connie.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll talk to Connie. Were you scammed with a handyman or is this a totally different call?
Speaker 27: No, I don't I'm not Annie, I'm Connie. I'm an elderly lady. Okay, and I hired.
Speaker 22: A gentleman to pick up my.
Speaker 29: Lawnmore.
Speaker 27: That's how it all started.
Speaker 1: Uh uh, you hired a guy to pick up your lawnmower to fix it.
Speaker 27: Yes, okay, that's how it all began.
Speaker 1: And then what happened?
Speaker 27: Okay, he came to pick up the lawnmower and he he took it with him and he cut the grass for me.
Speaker 1: And wait, wait, wait he cuts grass for you with your lawnmower or with his.
Speaker 23: Own, with his own Okay, I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Okay, so overwhelmed because this guy referred me to another guy. I had a fence and needed to be repaired, and they all defended on me the same day.
Speaker 1: Well what do you mean by descending on you? Tell me how it worked.
Speaker 27: Well, I had a fence, part of it was down. I'm a recent widow.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry about that, Connie. So listen. So you had you needed fence repair or two and this guy did this guy say, hey, I know someone who can help you with that.
Speaker 27: Yeah he did, and he calls the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 27: Wait, I gave the guy came the same day okay that he called him okay and he was still here, and he also called the person the spray for the weed and anyway, Uh, the guy came and looked at the fence, and he gave me an estimate okay for one side of my fence and two front gates A thirty one.
Speaker 1: Which what's the guy's name? What's the guy's name?
Speaker 27: His name is Charles Goulesby Charles, Charles Goulesby g O O L S B Y.
Speaker 1: T oo l s e y he is and girls gules.
Speaker 27: O lsby Charles guls He owns the GFTs.
Speaker 18: Services l LC.
Speaker 1: WHA, my god, okay, So just Charles that you hired to fix the fence.
Speaker 27: The fence, and then we ended up talking about my front yard. Okay, I've had a hard time getting grass to grow because of fine treats. And he says, well I can do that too.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But without going through each and every item, here's what I want to know. Were you cheated by these people.
Speaker 27: Terribly? This begins with twenty eighth of May.
Speaker 1: How much money have you paid them in full?
Speaker 27: About five six.
Speaker 1: Thousand, and how much work did you get done for that not much. Now did you pay did you pay Charles the sixth grand or did you pay Charles and the other guy?
Speaker 27: Well, Charles wonted twenty five hundred up front for the yard and the fans, so you paid him, so I like the full ideas. Okay, yeah, And that was the twenty eighth around the twenty eighth of May.
Speaker 23: And my gate is still not finished, so okay.
Speaker 1: But the total you paid him was twenty eight hundred.
Speaker 27: No, I paid him forty nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 27: Yeah, no, this Charles Goolsby, and they have treated me so badly. I have phone calls and messages and texts.
Speaker 1: Hold on, they go Charles Gouldsby. You paid and he he took your money forty nine hundred. How much did the other guy take? What was that guy's name?
Speaker 27: Four hundred dollars? But he was supposed to have come back and helped, you know, put some to try to grow the grass back in the backyard, but he never did return to do that.
Speaker 1: So that's over the five brand. Then you've spent right, right, okay, listen right, do you have a phone number for this? The five hundred dollars I don't even want to bother with right now. I want to just this Goulesby. You have not gotten forty nine hundred dollars worth of work, right.
Speaker 27: I don't believe I have, because he hasn't finished anything. And the plant said he planted on the landscape job. Half of them are dead. They're dying. And he didn't even finish the job.
Speaker 1: So Goulesby did more than fix the fence.
Speaker 27: Well, his company. He hired the immigrants to come in and work. That's another thing. And I don't think they were even trained. And they weren't paid either.
Speaker 1: I don't know. So you wanted to fix the fence and do some landscaping.
Speaker 27: And do some landscaping on the front yard.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, hold on, all right, hold on just uh, we're gonna continue. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, we're going to We're gonna have Connie speak to deputy Doc. We're going to try to call this contractor. Connie. Okay, Connie, so hold on and I'm gonna get give you one of our deputies who's going They're gonna help you by calling these people? And what do you want them to do? Do you want some money back? Er? Do you want them to finish? What do you want? Connie? What do you actually want?
Speaker 27: I would ideally I would like my money back and just deal with other people. These people have wiped their feet on me.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right now, Connie. How long? How long have you been widowed?
Speaker 27: My husband passd the third of September last year?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, this year? That yeah, almost a year. And may I ask how old you are?
Speaker 27: Eighty four?
Speaker 1: Eighty four? Well, you know what the reason we asked that is. We we there's a very special problem when these people take advantage of people at risk, and when you're over a certain age, you're considered a senior at risk. So this sucks. This is bad. Connie. I'm happy you called me. Hold on, uh Kitschina, get her information for deputy doc. I can't stand it when the when these a holes take advantage of older women like this, I mean widows, come on. I mean, my God, that the Bible even mentions widows and and and children. I mean, come on, Scott, what is your question? Scott? Welcome? Hey, Tom, how's going I'm doing okay? I just don't like hearing about elderly woman being ripped off. What's going on with you?
Speaker 18: Bro?
Speaker 30: It is?
Speaker 16: Said? Okay.
Speaker 32: I you took a call the other day from somebody that had two houses, yes, and one was oh yeah, and he was trying to do uh.
Speaker 1: He wanted to get equity out of a house and not pay it back. And I said, that's very difficult to do, but there are ways to do it with there are ways to do it, but you have to give up the home.
Speaker 32: Yeah, And it kicked off something to me. I am in the process of setting up a will for myself, and my situation is I don't have a loan. I don't have any relatives in.
Speaker 16: The state of Colorado. They're all further east of here.
Speaker 1: Do you have any relatives you care about?
Speaker 32: Yes, okay, five of them okay, and then they'll be in the will. But they're all out of state.
Speaker 16: And if I was to pass here, it's my house and my belongings. I don't want to burden them with multiple trips. Whoever the executor is multiple trips in here?
Speaker 1: Tell me what is your house worth?
Speaker 16: About four a little over for me? And it is completely paid off?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you have a four hundred thousand dollars asset and they'll get a step up in basis, which means when they sell it they'll have hardly any tax to pay at all. So what is your question?
Speaker 16: Well, if I was to take a reverse loan on it.
Speaker 1: In the house, right, I would I bother you? How old are you?
Speaker 16: Sixty three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not gonna get as much as if you were eighty three, but you'll get something. I mean, what the hell, it's bretter than nothing. And if you don't care about the leaving the house to anyone, just milk it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, do you know how it works?
Speaker 32: As far as everything in the house. If something were to happen to be the Yeah, let.
Speaker 1: Me tell you how it works, let me tell you or yeah, the best thing for you if do your relatives care about inheriting your home? No, okay, got then here's what happens. Here's what happens in a reverse loan. You just take a reverse loan, and your only charged interest on what you draw out, and then that interest is your new balance along with the loan. So if you take out ten grand, then the accrued interest, and then you take out another ten or you take out a lump sum. Whatever you do, you get and you may get about one hundred and eighty grand out of that house. You might get a little more, okay. So you have to keep paying taxes and insurance, and you can use some of those proceeds to do it. But what you do then is you don't make a payment and then you just live there. Now what happens is this is going to accrue and keep accruing, and no matter how long you live, they can't ask you to leave and they can't ask for payback. Okay, but at some point you're going to run out of the money that you can draw out. But that's why you should be judicious with the money and let it last you. But once you do that, you're done as far as paying back. You don't have to worry about anything personal unless you want to, because when you go, your house goes and somebody will come in from the lender and the government and they will simply liquidate everything or throw it away literally and then sell your house.
Speaker 32: Okay, Like like, say, I do get one hundred and eighty Could I take that one hundred and eighty and invest it with the Rocky Mountain Retirement Center of the Rockies or it stays.
Speaker 1: You mean, yes, you can invest it. You can do an annuity and that's not even a bad idea. You can do an annuity that will produce income to supplement your Social Security. Yes, you can do that. Okay, yeah, a lot of people actually do that. Now you might think, wow, that sounds dirty. How am I doing that? I'm going to be getting income, plus I'm not paying back the house. I mean, people do it all the time. That's what a reverse loan allows you to do. People the people who loan reverse loans, and the government knows a certain amount of people will not pay that loan back and walk away from the house.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: So let's say theoretically you took out a lumpsum just to even it out. Let's say your house is goes up there, it's more and you think, let's say you take out two hundred grand, and that two hundred grand you put in an annuity. And are you on Social Security right now?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 16: What do you get a month the twenty one?
Speaker 1: Why'd you take it early? Why'd you take it early?
Speaker 16: I don't have an answer to that.
Speaker 32: I don't want to be living into my eighties and nineties.
Speaker 16: And that's where you.
Speaker 1: Now remember this, Remember what do you mean you don't want to be living into your agers?
Speaker 16: I don't want to end up in a home.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so listen. What you do is, if you are sixty three, you got plenty of life, you really do. If you take care of yourself, so you can take the money after your sixty six, let's say, or sixty seven, that'll fester for a while. You'll get a pretty good chunk of money every month from that for the rest of your life.
Speaker 16: Okay.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've got to make sure it is a fixed indexed annuity.
Speaker 32: Okay, Okay, Now I'm already invested with the Retirement Center of the Rocky Yas.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're good people. They sell, they sell those. How much you have invested? Do you mind saying you don't have to, but how much you have invested with them up there?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm I'm over three hundred.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's good. That's good. Then you add to that and you can do you don't put all of it in an annuity, but put some of it. They'll counsel you. They'll go over the annuities with you, and then how much it'll pay in five years and just do the math. The reason I say wait till you're sixty six, you have to wait because you're because you took Social Security early. You can't have too much income until your full retirement age or it'll count against But they know all that. They'll help you with that rpcenter dot com. They'll help you.
Speaker 32: And you're saying, hold off on the reverse until I'm sixty seve, No.
Speaker 1: No, no, you don't have to hold off on the reverse. You can do the reverse now, okay. In fact, you the sooner the better, and then by the annuity as soon as possible. What I mean is you don't want to turn it into income until you're about full retirement age or older. Like if you could keep it from sixty three to seventy and then turn on the income at seventy, that would be awesome you'd make. You'll be surprised how much money you'll have to take out every month.
Speaker 32: You intercepted my question because I was going to ask if I drew it at sixty three the say two hundred, would it be charged as income on my taxes for next year?
Speaker 16: But you're saying no, No.
Speaker 1: A reverse loan is never taxed and the annuity is not taxed. All the earnings are tax free. The only time you pay tax on that annuity is when you're seventy, let's say, and you start taking income of three or four grand a month. When you start taking your income, you'll pay normal tax on it.
Speaker 16: Okay, okay com Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Wish you the best, bro, Thank you for asking, and don't make a lot of mistakes. Go to trusted people. Okay, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Ortino here at three all three seven one three talks seven one three two five five, Patricia, what's going on with Vivid? Is this the home security company?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 1: What's going on with it?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 33: So basically we have been promised many things, meaning like credits.
Speaker 1: When did you get the system to begin with?
Speaker 33: So we've had it for a couple of years, okay at our old house, so we moved recently, and of course there's a fee for when they come out and take it out right put it back in right. So what had happened was both times we have just had issues with them coming out, like the when they were supposed to bring it put it in. They we have a four hour window and nobody came and we got to call. My husband got a call fifteen minutes before our window closed, saying, oh, I guess he called in six so nobody's coming. Yeah, like okay, well, you know my husband was kind of irritated. You know, I took off work and it was just you know. So the lady's like, well, if you call, you know, we might be able to you know, work with you and maybe give you some credits for the service calls. So I was like, okay, So they installed it.
Speaker 1: I called. When did they finally install it in your new place? How long did it take? June? So we moved in April and wait wait, wait April, mate, you didn't have to pay for those monitoring fees did you while you were moved?
Speaker 33: Well, we did, but they said that they will go ahead and credit us back and they finally did I see it maybe a.
Speaker 1: Couple Okay, good for the So you moved in April and the system was moved in June.
Speaker 33: Well, we moved in April and they came in April to take it out. So we didn't have any systems system until May or well they they were supposed to come in May.
Speaker 27: They did not come.
Speaker 33: That's when we had that issue. So then we called and so they were booked and everything. So we had to wait till June.
Speaker 1: Okay, so hold on now, what is Let's forget all about all that right now? Now you have Vivid. What's the problem now?
Speaker 33: Right now? So they will they keep going back. We were supposed to get those fees for their home, you know, for them coming out credited back to us.
Speaker 1: Is that because of wait wait wait, credited back because of those monitoring fees you had paid them, or.
Speaker 33: Is that in addition to that for so of the issues that we had with scheduling and it taking so long?
Speaker 1: And okay, so but let me get us straight. Though, you got a credit for the monthly payments you were paying for nothing, but now you want in addition to that, you want them to credit you for the installation fees.
Speaker 33: Well, yeah, so that's what that we were promised. I called a Joe and I wrote it all down and I told him our story and he's like, yeah, no that we're sorry about that. Yes, we can definitely take care of those for you and your months that you didn't have your service. I was like, oh, pay thanks, cool?
Speaker 1: How much does how much are we talking about right now?
Speaker 7: Three dollars?
Speaker 33: We were we were expecting a credit of three hundred dollars plus that forty one you know for the month.
Speaker 1: Wait, I thought you were I thought you already got that part the monthly feace.
Speaker 33: Yeah, we did. This was back in like, oh god, I went right.
Speaker 1: Now, if we call them and make a demand, it's for three hundred bucks.
Speaker 33: That's what we initially wanted. Yes, But now they're saying because they can't find the notes, they cannot find the recording, nobody knows of the Joe who promised me that. And then I called, we were calling me.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, wait a minute of so for the inconvenience, you don't have any record of the credit promise?
Speaker 33: No, And see that's the thing, like id when I was talking to Joe, I was like, can you please put in you know, the notes, so nothing happens, blah blah blah. He's like, I'm actually doing it right now. It was all peachy, but and then but yeah, I'm gonna behold now.
Speaker 23: I know, And now they cannot find they signed all.
Speaker 1: The others, so do they wait? So they flat out refuse to do anything else.
Speaker 33: And so like right now, I just called about like an hour ago. And every time I have called so many times I'm on the phone with them for over an hour now. They could only do one hundred and fifty when wait, wait, wait wait, were like.
Speaker 1: But hold on, so you at least got them to do one fifty.
Speaker 33: No, well, yeah they won't. They say that they'll do one fifty. But I but back in August when we were find no, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, it went from three hundred to one fifty. But I want to ask something. Did you get any Why did they decide to do one fifty?
Speaker 33: That's all that they because there was no notes for this three hundred dollars promise. So the supervisors like, the best I could do is one fifty.
Speaker 1: Did you get a record of at least that one?
Speaker 33: They can't, wouldn't. Well I don't know if no, because every time I talk to somebody like I can't, I just thought.
Speaker 1: Right, hold hold on a second, just hold on a second. Okay, just wait, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk Patricia, Hey, Kitschina. I want to get someone to call vivint and argue with them for Patricia, because I mean, this, this sucks. I think what they need to do? Where is it right now? Where does this stand right now?
Speaker 33: By the way, I called about an hour ago Intoman.
Speaker 1: That's when they said they'd give you the one fifty, right, one.
Speaker 33: Fifty, And then he's like, but I can maybe do another twenty five, and how about you one fifty this month and we can do the rest next month.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, wait, one fifty this month. And when they say the rest next month, they mean twenty five next month or another one?
Speaker 33: No, no, just twenty five. There's no notes in for them.
Speaker 1: Let me let me ask you this. Let me ask you this, Patricia. I don't know how important this issue is to you, but are you willing to settle for the let's say one eighty five or excuse me, one seventy five.
Speaker 33: Yeah, when they promised this, we can't do three hundred, but we can do two, we were fine, and I was like, fine, just to get it over with, we'll pay the difference. I called on Monday and they I was like, I'm not giving another card because they are trying to charge my card. I just saw like one thousand dollars. Now, I don't know what they're doing on their side, but so he gave me the number. I was going to send a check and he's like, it's going to be updated in our system. You're two hundred dollars credit. But it's still not. But now, yeah, I call it and today now it's only one hundred and sixty. So they go back on their word. And so I'm willing to pay.
Speaker 1: But you know you're sick and tired. Well, I know what you're you're pissed off. I don't blame you. I don't blame you. Hey, yeah, Kachina, who do we have available to call Vivid and just say, look, we're watching this. It sucks. This woman's been banned. Who do we have that can call for her. We have bo or Chopper. Let's do it with bo. Okay, let's do this for Deputy Bo. Hold on, We're going to have somebody call you and reach out to you. It might be Monday, but we'll intercede and see what we can do for you. We have some pretty good luck with our standing crew of jeputies, even Doc Yeah, I know, even Deputy Doc. Hey, so get let's get that too. I'm putting it down for Bow. Now, what about a nineteen sixty eight Motorola record player? I call it junk? What do you call it?
Speaker 21: Bill?
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding, Bill. Yeah, you have a nineteen sixty eight Motorola record player.
Speaker 17: Wow, it's a five foot SiO AMFM oh I know what that is.
Speaker 1: You have the console?
Speaker 17: Yeah, the contole.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on and we'll come back to you and more. Plus Demonica or yeah, Demonica or I think is Demonica wants to talk about an email scan Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. List your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 33: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 2: News needs who you don't have? Come running just as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino your trouble shooter at three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. I want to go right to a possible scam. After I talked to Bill about his sixty eight Motorola console stereo. I've looked it up. Oh my gosh. Now they can be used for boat anchors. But I'll tell you what, Bill, what do you need help with? Bill? You need help hauling it off to the dump or what? Bill?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 17: No, it's steel like brand noon have become wood cabinet the whole nine yards. Everything works on an a.
Speaker 1: MFM row Oh really very cool, AMFM radio stereo and TV right no TV oh that's even worse. Okay, So no TV, so it's just AMFM radio stereo as speakers, right, yes, So what's your question? What do you need help with?
Speaker 17: Well, I'm trying to find out who can fix it. Everything works on it, except they won't change the records automatically. I mean, it will work if you do them.
Speaker 1: You mean where you used to stack them and that they would drop down on that spindle. That's correct, I remember that. I remember that. And now the spindle stopped dropping the records or they yeah, but yeah, okay, and the arm stopped automatically moving over to where they record is.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it just won't do it automatically.
Speaker 1: When did it stop?
Speaker 17: Oh, I don't know a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Like forty years ago. No, I'm just kidding. So okay, I know that there was there was a guy that specialized in old electronics. I'm trying to figure it out right now. I used them once. Now, gosh, there, I know there are geeks out there right now there, you know, by the way, I know why you can find someone. Even though the consoles are rare and far and in between, there are still a lot of people who have turntables. Now, there aren't a lot of automatic turntables. All the turntables that came later in life, you would have to set the needle on the record and do your own thing. But they had a lot of really high end turntables. And are you googling it? Jesse was? I'm just curious. There's old fashioned. What do we would we call it? Vintage? No, vintage electronics, vintage electronics? Vintage? I would say vintage electronic repair. Maybe that's what we want to look for. You know, what did you look on the internet, sir?
Speaker 25: Well?
Speaker 17: I tried to put the model number in Motorola model number, but I couldn't get anything.
Speaker 1: I'll be a son of a gun. They're coming up here. Vintage electronics, Yeah, I got some here that came up. I don't know of any that's the problem. Now, if anyone listening could help us, we'll pass it on to uh Bill. We'll pass it on. Let's see vintage. Now there's vintage electronics repair in South Yeah, it's really hard to find the ones though some of them don't do the uh well, this one stereo repair services. They work on the electronics, but yours is more of the mechanical problem. That's gonna be That's what I believe you're Wait, this is showing Nope, this isn't showing. I'm looking at this one guy site, but it's not showing consoles or anything. It's showing more or less other kinds. Let's get MC call and see. Hey, do me a favor, Kachina, call this number, Call this number and see if If they do, I'm going to send it. Let's see. I'll just give you the numbers. Three oh three Are you there?
Speaker 21: She listening to me?
Speaker 1: Okay, three three seven, nine to four eighty thirty seven. Ask if they do any repairs on consoles, fast and affordable equipment. Wait a minute, Panasonic, Sony, Morans, Yamaha, Dinon and more. You're the end. More you have the Motorola. Motorola was one of the big places in the day. This is called venance repair or whatever. Maybe they know doctor Dan's Doctor Dan's Vintage Auto Repair. You ought to hop on the on Google and just look at some of these men put in vintage electronic repair. Bill. Just be careful, be careful, man, because I know a lot of people who have had things lost forever. People come and pick them up. You'd rather have somebody come to the house and try to fix it there. When you drop it off or they pick it up, you take a risk unless we can do some background checking on them. I'll be happy to help you pick the right place once you locate one, if you think you might, if you if you think you can find one, but try Katschina, did you call that number of the answering? Well, what's going? Okay, let me just see something. I'm just gonna ask. I'm just gonna call on my cell phone here, damn it. I'm just gonna call and ask three oh three seven ninety four eighty three. I'm gonna call and see hold on, hold on. The one I just called does not do the repairs. Oh okay, they don't the one you just go they don't do the on the consoles. Oh okay, never mind? All right. Then you said dance? Is that? Is that another one?
Speaker 20: Doctor dance?
Speaker 1: Doctor dance? But what they just say vintage audio repair. They're showing the regular sterios, They're not showing the consoles.
Speaker 10: What he says in here, it says their services include reel to real old tubes, amplifiers, vintage record players.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh, are his favorites Dans and then.
Speaker 20: If you have a hold of them, you might want to tell him his website sucks.
Speaker 1: His website does suck. Wh God, some of these people. Man, Come on, get with the twentieth century, twenty first century? What am I? I'm ast century behind too? Hold on, I'm calling this guy Dans.
Speaker 2: I don't want it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see what he says. He's gonna hang up on me. He hates me. Probably is this doctor Dan from Is this doctor Dan Vincace? Audio repair? Do you do a Motorola consoles? Like the automatic record feeder is not feeding records? Do you fix those?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. I I don't actually know. I'm yeah, okay, this guy knows. Hey, doctor Dan, I want to ask I want to ask something real quick. My name is Tom Martino, and a guy called my radio show. In fact, I'm on the air right now. You're not on the air. I have you on my cell phone. They can't hear you. Can we call you right back and get you on the air so you can talk to him? Yeah, man, it's not going to be hard, I promise I I'll go easy. It's no You're the only one we can find that even knew anything about it. All right, we'll call you right back, bro. Hold on, Okay, let's call him back. Here's his number of Kachina seven. Well, if I say it out loud, everyone's a call. Well go call him right now, seven to zero. She dialing to Okay seven two zero nine three thirty six eighty eight. Hold on, Bill, Well, we'll talk to you in a minute. Let's this guy sounds like he knows what he's doing. And as soon as you get him on, I'll get off of this call. But I want to start with Demonica. Demonica has an email scam? What's going on?
Speaker 25: Hey, Tom, thanks for taking the call. I forwarded the emails to the Daphne at Troubleshooter and if that's still a good.
Speaker 1: Email, No, Daphne, you Daphne still works with us. But but what what is the issue?
Speaker 25: Well, I got an email eleven fifteen this morning, so they're excited to confirm of the zte ax On forty ultra in the amount of two hundred and sixty fifty seven cents.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and there's a phone number right, And I'm like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 1: It's a scam. It's a scam.
Speaker 27: Oh, I know it is, So I dial this number and what did they say?
Speaker 14: This guy was so belligerent.
Speaker 25: He called me everything but a lady.
Speaker 7: And why now?
Speaker 1: Why did he call you names?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I got to go to doctor Dan. I'll come right back to you, I promise. Hold On, is Dan on? Zeon? She's getting on. Okay, I want to try to Okay, okay, doctor Dan, thank you very much. So, uh, let's see who is it? Bill called us and he's on the phone. You're on the air right now. So Bill, you have a nineteen sixty eight Motorole record player and has the turntable in it and the AMFM radio right right?
Speaker 20: Correct?
Speaker 1: Now? Doctor Dan said, a lot of those turntables, even though they're in Motorola units, are made by Zenith. Is that right, Dan?
Speaker 21: Correct?
Speaker 1: And do you work on those when the theater and the the.
Speaker 7: You know, I do you do?
Speaker 11: I do?
Speaker 7: I do work on them. And you don't need to bring in the whole console. You can remove the turntable from the console and just bring me the turntable.
Speaker 1: Does it unplug or does he have to cut wires out?
Speaker 30: Is that as unplugged? It does unplug? You need to remove the back and then on the top of the turntable, if you're looking at it from the top, there should be two bolts or three bolts, just screw heads, one usually about eleven o'clock, the other one at about four o'clock. And then basically you follow the bolts through the turntable by looking at the back, and those bolts will terminate with a little clip on it on the end.
Speaker 7: Huh, at a right angle to the bolt.
Speaker 1: Got it? Yeah?
Speaker 30: He just flip one side up on each of the bolts. You need to remove three wires.
Speaker 7: One's going to go to the motor and the other two or are for the right.
Speaker 1: And the left audio and they're plugged in. And they're plugged in, then that sounds easy, and then you can you can take it over to you, Bill, Bill, that might sound too much for you, bro, but maybe you can get somebody to help you. Do you think do you have any skill at all? Bill?
Speaker 16: I have a little bit, but it does.
Speaker 1: And we're going to give out his number. You may you may want to call him afterwards, or you might want to try try getting somebody who can help. It sounds pretty easy, he says. There's just a couple of bolts that go through and they have a clip on the end of him.
Speaker 7: And then he says, I talked people through it all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good, good, And I'm going to ask you something now that I have on your phone because this is fascinating. Do you stay busy with old crap?
Speaker 7: I mean, really, the pandemic is? What did it for me?
Speaker 28: Oh?
Speaker 1: You mean it slowed your way down?
Speaker 22: Well?
Speaker 16: Oh no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 7: I was miserable during the pandemic. I didn't have time to sleep. Oh there were so many people that were at my door wanting my service.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: And since that, since it would be May of twenty twenty, because it didn't really start in March. That was the lockdown. But it was awful.
Speaker 21: It was just awful.
Speaker 7: It really was. I had to hire an assistance. Wow, I deal with a face mask thing and it just I'm a lot more direct now than I was four years ago.
Speaker 1: You have unbelievable ratings. You have really good ratings. How long you've been around.
Speaker 7: I've been around doing this in Denver for fifteen years. I've always found it as a passion. But it's very easy, Tom. They basically treat people the way you want to be treated. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and it seems to work very well.
Speaker 1: Anybody listening. It's called Doctor Dan's Vintage Audio Repair. Now what does it not include? I mean, I see a lot of old stuff. What do you not work on?
Speaker 7: Basically, if it has an HDMI connector or any type of surround sound equipment, a good rule of thumb that it's made in the twenty first century. I basically can't. I don't like looking at them.
Speaker 28: They're harder to repair.
Speaker 7: So we go back earlier, right to the beginning nineteen twenty. But I'm getting out of that too. They're becoming a little too old for me.
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 1: But basically, you work on old stuff up to up to two up to like ninety, well two thousand.
Speaker 30: Ninety two, work on several fers up to twenty ten, twenty. I just repaired one that was four years ago, a four month four years old, about two months ago.
Speaker 1: Oh man, thank you for taking that. They are Yeah, I'm sorry, Isaac. Thank you for taking my call and coming on on short notice like this my pleasure dot and I'm gonna give out Can can I give out your number?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: All right? So this is doctor Dan Vintage Audio Repair and it's seven to zero nine three nine thirty six eighty eight. If you got old stuff and he sounds me, do you know how? Like instantly he knew from a motorole in nineteen sixty how to remove the turntable. That's pretty damn in pressing. He knows right what you're talking about. Seven two zero nine three nine thirty six eighty eight? Did I do fifteen? Yet I didn't?
Speaker 29: Did I?
Speaker 1: Okay? We got more coming right up? Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five So Dominica, Dominica, Dominica. Thank you, sorry, Dominica. That is a scam. When you called the guy dressed you down, he was really pissed off. Why did you tell him you knew it was a scam?
Speaker 25: Now, I said, I wanted to know what this was and he said, it's a bitcoin. Don't you know a guy by the name of Cooper Jackson.
Speaker 27: I said, I don't know who man. Oh that is no.
Speaker 25: And I didn't order any of this and he said, well too f and bad and you ken f and cancel it, and he went on and I said, stop talking to me like that. I don't even know what.
Speaker 14: You're talking about.
Speaker 25: I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 14: I know nothing about viitcom.
Speaker 31: We'll go to your computer.
Speaker 25: If you go to your computer, I can walk you through how to cancel it.
Speaker 19: And I said I.
Speaker 25: Don't have a computer and I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: I didn't do any of this.
Speaker 25: And he continued to f ball me this and that, and I'm like, you don't talk to a lady like that, And finally, Tom, I just hung up on him. But like I said, I forwarded do the email. And as I'm looking at this email, it says that you will be sent a SMARTPHONEUS shift. If I don't cancel something, you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Cancel anything, just ignore it. No, Yeah, but I'm glad you told us about it. Seriously and I'm serious, I'm making a note of it. Paul's got a transmission question, Paul, what vehicle are we talking about?
Speaker 18: All My sister's in the market for a vehicle, and we're looking at like Toyota, Corollas and Kia Fortes, and they all these kind of budget vehicles have the CVT transmission.
Speaker 1: The CVT is it called, right?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 20: Continue to say verbal transmission.
Speaker 18: Yeah, And I don't know I thought those have I thought those went away because they had much problems with them with Nissans.
Speaker 1: But you know, with such good cars like Toyotas, why do they use those transit? Is everyone going to? So?
Speaker 20: It basically all comes down to fuel economy. I mean, they can get better fuel economy compared to a regular transmission.
Speaker 18: So what if if my you know, help my sister per the vehicle, would you stay away from anything with a CVT or some better than others or.
Speaker 1: Will they all need to be rebuilt at some point?
Speaker 20: Pretty much? But pretty much what They all need to be rebuilt at one point or another.
Speaker 1: At one point when how long are they good for?
Speaker 20: Well, I mean you look at the Nissans. We commonly see those, you know, any anywhere from about ninety to one hundred and ten thousand miles.
Speaker 1: That's not terrible. What about okay, so what about Toyotas.
Speaker 20: The Toyotas, we don't see them near as often. You know, they're probably looking more harden forty hundred and fifty thousand, Jesse.
Speaker 10: What do you think of the same thing service maintaining and servicing your vehicle? CBTs still need to be changed.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not terrible, Paul. He's saying you can get over one hundred thousand miles on him.
Speaker 20: And in my opinion quite frankly Subar who has the best in the market. But when those do go down, they're also probably the most.
Speaker 1: Expensive expensive, but they last the longest. And do any regular sized cars have these or CBTs?
Speaker 20: Or what regular sized cars like a Super Forester?
Speaker 1: Okay, look so they Okay, what about American cars? Any CVTs?
Speaker 20: Yeah, there's plenty of them out there inside.
Speaker 1: What about Cherman cars? What a my luxury cars? All of the Mercedes, all of them. Do I have one? What do you have the X seven?
Speaker 20: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, so the only smaller or is it bigger too? Like like like, are they all going.
Speaker 20: To go to them? No, they're not all going to go to them. And Ansan he brought them up a minute ago. You know, they got a dirty name for him because they fall down all the time. They actually were in process of R and D to make one to go inside the Titan. But with all the problems that they had inside the smaller vehicles, so elected against it.
Speaker 1: What about now? Electric uses no transmission? Right technically technically no so, but they but they would be close to continuous I mean, in other words, because of the way those motors work. But they don't change gears, do they No, they just go directly off torque right correct? Okay, See, electric cars are a way to go. But hey, Paul, she's looking at used right. Uh, probably new Why doesn't she consider an electric car? Hey? Doc has one? He loves What was was it, Doc?
Speaker 21: I have a Hyundai Kona.
Speaker 1: You love it. It's great and for the price, it's an suv four wheel drive. It's one wheel drive, front wheel drive. Okay, it works.
Speaker 21: Great, three hundred and something miles on a full tank on a full.
Speaker 1: Charge, and it's got way way and it also has a single motor. Right, yeah, okay, so three hundred and something miles on a single charge. You you can and then tell me about the cost.
Speaker 21: Basically it was I picked, I paid twenty seven what before tax? You know taxes you have to pay it.
Speaker 7: I get.
Speaker 1: But you're telling me you can get those cars for twenty seven.
Speaker 21: Mind for twenty seven and it's beautiful. Yeah, it's great. And you know Hyundai has a ten year, one hundred thousand warranty on the battery.
Speaker 1: Paul, I don't know how you beat that. Man.
Speaker 18: Well, the only promise she's going to be moving to very rural Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: So what dy have electricity?
Speaker 18: I heard light bulbs, but I don't know about the infrastructure built yet. But we'll see.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, yeah, that's true, but I'll tell you.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 1: But they he said, suber is really good if you want that, But toyotas are pretty damn good too, So I think that you just got to have it checked out. Is there a way to check out those transmissions? Or do you just buy him?
Speaker 20: Just no, you can check them out?
Speaker 1: You can?
Speaker 20: How do you check it the same way you would any other transmission? I mean you're looking at fluids, you're looking at whether not there's any particuli the flee game, how's it working? You're looking for any codes, You're looking for any problem spots.
Speaker 1: So Paul, you want to do that a pre buy inspection for sure? And did you do you do previse? Jesse at Honesak Absolutely? What do you charge for those? About? Yeah? That's about Kevin over at Sheridan Auto take does about one to twenty and he goes through the entire system. So Ken wants to talk about a contractor coming up? Any other questions, give us a call three all three seven one three talk. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter at three oh three seven one three talk. Hey Mike, Mike, what is your question on EV's? I think this doesn't have to be a long question. If it is, I'll take ken and come back to you. What What did you want to know about EV's?
Speaker 28: Well, it's good. Really, a question is more a comment. What do you think a few hours? A charge to go three hundred miles? How much time?
Speaker 1: No, I said a full charge. I didn't think. I said a few hours. I think I set a full charge. But I don't know. I don't know how long it takes. How long does it take talking?
Speaker 21: I really don't know. Because I plugged mine at night. I wake up in the morning and it's charged.
Speaker 1: You do you plug a regular outlet?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 21: No, you have to have a special two twenty put in. But when they built my house, they had one in my garage, so that that was a huge difference. I didn't have that. I probably would not have bought an Evy car.
Speaker 1: Now. Now, I will tell you this though, when you're on the road there it's not a few hours. They're supercharger that can do twenty minutes, but you're never going to be as fast as a gas car. I don't think.
Speaker 20: No way.
Speaker 15: Is that what you were?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 28: Yeah, yeah, that was my point. You know, to go three or a mile? How many minutes would it take to pump in gasolene into your car?
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 28: Two? Three minutes?
Speaker 24: No?
Speaker 1: No, time wise, I think there's no argument that gasoline is more convenient. Right now, I think, I mean right now? Well, me, I don't know. Some people say, like Doc and my son, he plugs his car and every night or every other night, whatever, and he just never stops for gas, never changes oil, never does so to a certain extent, there's that, you know. I don't know. I just don't know. I know this that my next car will be electric. I will not buy another gasoline car. I just won't.
Speaker 28: Yeah, if you like plugging your phone in every minute of the day, practically, well it's.
Speaker 1: Not that bad, it really is. Electric cars aren't that bad.
Speaker 28: It's irritating.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you wait? Wait, do you own one?
Speaker 18: Huh?
Speaker 1: Do you own one?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 28: I don't.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you this, Mike, why don't you think it would be pretty easy to just plug it in every night.
Speaker 28: No I don't. I say an induction charging.
Speaker 23: Do you know what that is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you drive over a pad? Yes, yeah, that.
Speaker 28: Might be a different story. But I mean to physically and the doc.
Speaker 1: How long does it take you to plug it in?
Speaker 21: About fourteen and a half seconds?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's nothing. You get out of your car, you walk to the back and plug it in. Now, if you don't have a garage, if you're in a condo, I mean I can see areas where it would be inconvenient as hell, you know, or you keep your car. A lot of people don't have garages, you know. Ken, what's going on with your contractor?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 31: Thank you Tom? Yes, sir, I'm a seventeen year old homeowner that decided that I wanted to use a little savings to do a small improvement on my house. So I hired this general contractor for a total of fifteen thousand labor to put this on for me.
Speaker 1: Very what did you want to put on to do a good job? What were you going to put on.
Speaker 31: A cover over my He wanted to extend the roof over my back patio?
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: So to think it more usable.
Speaker 1: Who'd you hire? So? Uh huh, pardon me, who'd you hire?
Speaker 16: Who?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 31: If he calls himself Colorado contractor and then his phone.
Speaker 1: Number, okay, got it. So what happened himself?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so.
Speaker 31: He's really slow getting it started. We started like in April. It didn't finish it chill July. He thought it would be two three weeks to get it. But that's kind of really not the issue. He must have burned through like eight subcontractors doing it, and I know he had trouble with them. At least three have more were very upset that they weren't paid what they were supposed to be anyway, So in his contract with me, he agreed that he would provide me with a lien waivers for any subs you know, during the project. Well he never did so in the very end when I paid him everything.
Speaker 1: Except by the way, a lean waiver. Just so you know, a lien waiver doesn't mean anything. Well it really doesn't, okay, I mean, I mean, I'm telling you really don't. What a lean waiver says is that he promises you that if Aleen is on there, he's going to take care of it, which is his responsibility without a lean waiver, and he can't prevent liens from being filed. No one can. No lean waver between you and a contractor can prevent a third party from leaning a property.
Speaker 31: From leaning the property. Right, I think I'm on what you're.
Speaker 21: Saying, exculpatory.
Speaker 1: If he's paid the general, Tom, that's right, it's a defense. You can get the you can get the lean removed if you can prove a written contract, primary residence and full payment. Anyway, So keep going, Paul, So I mean ken.
Speaker 31: Sorry, okay, so all right, but nevertheless, end of his contract he agreed to provide those to me, which he never did, all right. And then so in the end I owed him about twenty four hundred in their last payment, and I said, you know, please just give me those lean waivers so that I can settle this up and pay and get you paid.
Speaker 1: Well, you're fighting over something useless. But okay, So did he give him to you or not?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, he seems I don't think. I don't think you'll be on solid ground withholding payment.
Speaker 31: Okay, I really.
Speaker 1: Don't I think that he I think he can actually, you know, ironically, he can lean your home.
Speaker 31: Okay, Well, here's the problem now, and I'm and I'm having trouble getting somebody to help.
Speaker 1: Sure, But.
Speaker 31: I told him, I said, you better not put a mechanics lean on my home for this, because I'm agreeing to pay you.
Speaker 7: Just get me.
Speaker 31: Just comply with the contract yourself, you know, because.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 31: Contract, Well, I get it. He didn't do. He hasn't put a mechanics lean. Instead, he calls me up and he says, you know, when can I stop buy and give you what I got? And I thought he was going to come with a handful of lean waivers from his subs. Instead, I think he sent his girlfriend out to give me a summons and containt that he filed himself in district court, suing me for between fifteen to fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Now, why all that? And how much your own.
Speaker 31: Twenty four hundred?
Speaker 1: How does that get to be? Now? Why is he way? I don't get it. Why is he suing for so.
Speaker 31: I don't need it? I mean, the only thing I can think of is, and I'm just going to use the term.
Speaker 28: I think he's a litigation bully.
Speaker 1: Well wait a minute, does it look like a properly crafted complaint. Yeah, he still has to substantiate losses. He can't just make them. I mean, what is his I'd love to read the complaint? What is his main loss?
Speaker 31: Love des send it to you.
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 31: He claims that he will show his losses at trial.
Speaker 1: No, you can do it through discovery. Listen, Hold on a second, hold on, Just wait, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, here, it's cell roofing dot com the best roof forever, no money down Ever, You don't pay a cent until your content, and never force you into signing a contract until you get a complete full estimate and work with your insurance. They don't rush you into anything excel roofing dot com three oh three seven sixty one sixty four hundred. Let's talk now, Ken, this is this is a terrible situation, you know, but I'm going to say something. Okay, Will he take the money you owe and drop the case?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 31: No, he thanks, He wants another five hundred for this trouble.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ken, listen the last email. Listen you had you had a breach of contract, but you had no loss. And I'm not giving you leal vice. I'm just gonna tell you you had no loss.
Speaker 20: What's that?
Speaker 1: But you don't you don't withhold payment on what could happen? You had a breach of contract with zero loss, zero and you took it upon yourself to withhold payment and you were dead wrong Now you don't think you were, And as a result, you're facing the consequence and you will have to pay something now more than what you owe, whether you like that or not. You can take it to the bank and you can, or you're gonna have to pay an attorney. Either way, you have lost because you had faulty reasoning. Okay, Yes, you wanted lean waivers, Okay, you didn't get them, but you didn't have a loss as a result of that, but you said not yet. So you're assuming you're automatically going to have a loss, and in anticipation of a loss, you're withholding payment. Do you really believe a judge's going to buy that? Do you?
Speaker 22: So?
Speaker 31: The judge is not going to contain it. He's breached his own contract, and that's right, simply asking him to.
Speaker 1: Comply to this, and Ken, and you still owe the money. He did the work, You still owe the money. The breach did not prevent the job from being done. Ken, You know what, talking to you doesn't matter. You're gonna have to learn the hard way. But guess what it'll be. It'll be an education. You want to make another side? Bet you're gonna lose.
Speaker 31: There's one other thing.
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 31: Gotten a letter of intent from one of the three contractors he had problems with, saying that they are they intend to follow mechanics lean on my house if this guy doesn't pay them. Okay, I've already gotten that letter, Okay, Ken.
Speaker 1: Good luck to you. Okay, tell that to a judge. Tell that to a judge just prior to him rendering a judgment against you. Just tell him that. Okay, you still have no loss. What's that.
Speaker 31: I'll pay him what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Well, it's too late now. Now he knows he has you on the run. He wants he wants money for his filing. Listen, I don't I think that's being a jerk. The guy's being a jerk. But but you were, you were kind of being Listen. You weren't being a jerk. You were trying to insist on what you thought you had coming. What I'm saying to you is this, I listen carefully that yes, he probably should have provided those if he promised in the contract, but by not providing them, he didn't prevent the job from being done. It's called quantam Mariott. He he was marrowit. He I meant, he does deserve to be paid for what he did. You didn't pay him, You're going to lose. Let that be a lesson to anyone listening. You can't take the law into your own hands and think you know how to solve it. You will end up losing. We've seen it time and time again. I'm Tom martinro save all your problems for me.