Speaker 1: Oh that's a.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy and I am the Cage to Night and today actually is a very special day. This marks the beginning of our holiday week. All week long, we are going to be drop being some very specifically themed Cult Conspiracy episodes, and we thought what better way to start off than bringing on our resident Jewish correspondent, Royce aka the Yoked Yid to give us a background onto Honkkah, specifically dropping on this day, because if I'm not mistaken, Royce, this will be the last day of Honkkah? Correct. You know, we have a lot of people who, because the conspiratorial community is on a whole vibe right now, which I'm not a huge fan of, they like to shit on the Jews. They like to throw out a lot of reasons why the Jews do things, say things, act a certain way, whatever the case is. And so as we are doing a holiday season, I thought, you know what, I don't really know much about the story of Honkah. I have a hard time believing that a lot of our conspiratorial brethren of the Cult of Conspiracy do either. So we decided what better way to start off this week, especially being on the day that it is than to give the good cult members a background to the story of Honikkah and show that yes, the Jews are in fact people too. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I know I know nothing about Honkkah, like pretty much nothing most of my so I.
Speaker 2: Feel like most people don't, and I mean to be honest. My limit of knowledge towards Honkah goes to the story of the Maccabees. They went into a cave, they only had so much oil, and they miraculously lasted longer than they had which is the reason for the number of candles. That is literally the beginning, middle, and end of my entire knowledge based on Honkah.
Speaker 3: I got nothing I know about like this. That's it. I don't even know what it's called, to be honest with manure there you go.
Speaker 4: So either a manura or aokia. Actually, since it has eight branches instead of seven, that was actually used during the time of the temple.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the wait when the temple was still erected, there was a it's called an.
Speaker 4: So there was a manora, except that there was only three on each side, so a total of seven as opposed to hanaka has nine.
Speaker 5: And significance to that a different Yeah, because of the days seven days reason why right, or so six six days and because of six days and then shabas and then uh would be for the seventh point.
Speaker 2: Yes, so during the time of the temple, it would be like a portion of the year, like not year, but like whoever the temple servant would be to like light the level of the manure for that day, so like Monday Tuesday.
Speaker 4: So the coens actually cleaned and lit the day, lit the manora every single day.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you can start from the beginning because I know zero uh to do with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm definitely interested to.
Speaker 1: Hear all about it though, Like I'm fascinated to know actually about what it, what it entails, and how you got to where it is now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so I'll say this, so through my research, soul, a lot of this is going to be very h history oriented right from there and then and I'm actually going to get into some interesting Jewish traditions and some things how it's actually celebrated in and of itself.
Speaker 2: Okay, so real quick, is Honkah a thing where like every family has their own inherent traditions, like with Christmas, you know, certain everybody opens presents, but some people open some Christmas Eve night, some wait till the morning of Some people it's like a big thing to have, like an eggnog thing. Some people it's big to have, like the Christmas tree is the thing for Christmas. Others like it is the light. So when it comes to Hanukkah, does every family and every household have their own kind of weird spin and traditions or is it pretty.
Speaker 4: Much in way So it's definitely not set in its own There are some people that have the custom to lighting with candles. There are some that are oiled. There's traditions that say that only one there should only be one manora where the the head of the household does it or every single person. So there are various traditions through amongst people. And then basically started the early nineteenth century or nineteen hundreds is really when the idea of presence and more publicizing and matter of fact, the the last lebab Rebbi Mendel Schneerson.
Speaker 1: Basically I'm sure, I was like, what the hell is even and I was like, sure, break that down please, because of some words.
Speaker 4: So basically it's it is a two part name in the last name.
Speaker 3: So the a person name is yes okay okay.
Speaker 4: So which actually means comfort. Sonach Is is the first part, Mendel is the second. That's Yiddish, I believe, and then Schneerson was his last name. And he was the the last Habad rabbi.
Speaker 2: So when you say ahabbad rabbi, I hope I got the right on that one. So what is a habbad rabbi?
Speaker 4: I'm you're good, No, you're good. So Kabad orbad Lavavich is a sect of Judaism, specifically Orthodoxy or ultra Orthodoxy, and they are pious. Actually they The leader of the movement was named Schneer Zalman and basically he started a movement. He wrote his opus magnan was called Tanya, and then he made his own prayer book and then also his own rendition to the shohan Auch, which is this, which is what I'm actually going to be getting into a.
Speaker 2: Little bit later on the Shoka Harem.
Speaker 4: Sholhan Oh, which literally means that table. Basically it's the code of Jewish law.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So he so that this person basically wrote a book about that's cabalistic in nature. He wrote his own prayer book.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, hold on Royce, Hold on Royce, are you telling me that Hanakah is tied in with Kabbala?
Speaker 4: There are some pabolistic essences of Khanka.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god, I didn't even think we were going to get conspiratorial accidentally, but here we are. All right, I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So wait, how many sex are there of Judaism? Like, is there like a ton of them? I'm sorry, I have very limited knowledge of Judaism. I only have enough of what I had to study in school, and it's like one version of it, So I don't know a bunch about actually everything.
Speaker 3: And this is stuff I saw online for sure.
Speaker 4: So put it to you this way. There are three call it in. There are three main categories, so real, we'll start from the left. So the left would be the people who don't really follow much of anything that would be like the reform movement. They will go to what's called the temple, okay, and so they and then so they're like way far left. And then in that group you have like they're reconstructionists and your reform and basically they don't believe that there's going to be a Messiah, which is also the reason why they call their house of worship a temple.
Speaker 2: So is this like what seth Rovian and like a lot of the Hollywood Jews are.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if they would even be reformed, but like yeah, basically like the Jews that might they might put on in yamaka every once in a while, they they'll they'll go to temple or services, probably for the high holidays, probably have a minora.
Speaker 3: So why be a Jew then?
Speaker 1: If they don't believe so heavily in the Jewish practices, because it seems that from everything I've heard from the last you know, while I've known you, it's like heavy traditions, heavy rule, you know, everyone does like strict things. I'm surprised that they would even want to be a part of something.
Speaker 4: Because it's first of all, because it's a bloodline and it's a family. Okay, follow it that way, So basically we're all so the Jewish people are descendants of Jacob slash Israel one one way, shape or form. So in essence, it's a bloodline. To believe it or not, there's something inherent to Jews. And I'm talking about even the totality of them. Like in the Tanya itself, he says that we are believers, the son children of believers. There's just something inherent about us that we are naturally more spiritual in some ways to or even you can have the most non religious Jew out there, but when it comes to Shabists in some in some regards or Passover or even the Day of Atonement, there's all it's going to be Jews who come there, because it's almost something that's inherent to our nature. So the idea is that we get better and that we have people that are called bal chuvas, which essentially means those who return. And I would be are part of that category of a balchuva because I was not religious or even wasn't even raised to be Jewish up until later on in life, as opposed to somebody who is colloquially called an f f B A from f r u M from f r o M birth, which means that they were they were brought up in a religious environment from from birth, from f r u M, from from birth from Yeah we just fbs.
Speaker 2: Got that, okay, So yeah, for sure. So of the three types you got the uh you called them the reform.
Speaker 4: Correct, so the reform is all the way left. The Centrists would be the conservative movement and like they they will maybe keep kosher inside the house, they will maybe keep more sabbage, but they don't really have a problem with driving to a shoal or be more egalitarian, which will most Orthodoxes are not so.
Speaker 2: And then so we got the the reformers like Jewish light. Then you got the Centrists who are like.
Speaker 4: More Jewish, right Jewish.
Speaker 2: Then you got the Centrists that are kind of like jew but not like jew They're Jewish.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, correct, right? And then and then on the right you have the Orthodoxy, and then you have the ultra Orthodox. And then basically from there there are a lot of ones. Like in the Orthodox movement, you can have like like the yu like the Yeshiva University Jews. And so you know the kind of knit yamaka that's what's.
Speaker 5: His name wears who you meant.
Speaker 6: Depending on what style of yamica one whears, one can generally tell how religious.
Speaker 4: They are and where they fall. If somebody, if somebody wears a black velvet yamica, they are generally of the Orthodox groups or somebody that is knit. They have been through Yeshiva University and are more Orthodox slash modern Orthodox and modern Orthodoxy. Apparently, from what I've been told, is about like where the conservative movement was many many, many years ago. They try to be very much more accepting, even as far as dress code in general or dress code in Schoul.
Speaker 2: And then with so Judaism seems like it falls on a like a pH skill so to speak. You've got You've got your neutrality, who are just kind of like, yeah, we're Jewish, we kind of do some Jewish things, but like we also get down with the clown from time to time. Then you got the far side of extremists, and then you got the opposite side of I guess you could say borderline extremists of the the lack thereof you know what I mean. But it sounds like it just kind of falls on a spectrum. And then each one of these limits have a type of denomination or sect if you will, that associates with them.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, And then even within the within the ultra Orthodox community, you have you have Sommer, you have Labovich, you have Bells, Like there's so many different sects even amongst them. And then like some will wear the really really long frock coats. There are some that will wear the hats like the long wide or short brim Borsolino's. You'll have ones that wear like flat hats. You'll have ones that have like they wear short pants and long socks. You have the ones that wear strimles. There's so many different Those.
Speaker 2: Are those pimp nasty hats I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've only seen the I guess they would be the ultra orthodox the documentaries where the women come out being able to like get away from the the church and they are like talking all about like the different aspects of it. I've seen a couple of those, and like they're like really crazy with it. Where do you fall within this the black that you said? You're Orthodox, so you're far so you're the right side of this.
Speaker 4: I am on I am on the right side of things, but I also I'm not perfect. Do I pray all the time? I do my best? Do I do I The things that I'm very staunch on is I keep kosher, I keep Shovist, and I do my best to pray and to put on filling.
Speaker 2: Do you put your shoes on the right way like you're supposed to?
Speaker 4: Yes, damn it.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, but that but but that, but that comes from learning like that, that just becomes second nature after a certain point in time.
Speaker 2: And you said you pray the technolo, how often do you do this?
Speaker 4: So you pull so men put on fill in once a day.
Speaker 2: You put on teflon once a day.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: So the cube that they were.
Speaker 2: On their forehead and they take the leather strap and wrap around their arms a certain amount of times and they do their prayers.
Speaker 1: And be honest with you, that's a hard note for me. I do not I do not know what we're talking about. And I don't when I say I have limited knowledge, I have like beauty to better job explain I will, but I'm just okay.
Speaker 4: Right, so so interesting. So in the Torah it says that you should bind it upon your farm and it should be as a forefront between your eyes. And we have a tradition from Moses from Mount Sinai. What exactly to fill in are what they're made of, the shape, what's inside of it. Basically it contains fur boxes so each so basically the bottom comes often and you have a certain portions of the tour which are scribed in there and inserted there's one compartment in the arm, and there are actually four different compartments in the head. And then interesting enough, depending on which tradition you follow, there are actually there are different pairs of the fill in.
Speaker 1: It's like version of.
Speaker 4: So not necessarily so, not exactly, but there are different traditions.
Speaker 3: In a sense.
Speaker 1: I'm very mild, like, well so kind of.
Speaker 2: I see where you're going with this, and I'm not going to say like it's completely separated, but at the same time, it is very separated, because, for instance.
Speaker 3: They're completely two different religions.
Speaker 2: But aside from that, even like the beads themselves, you're just supposed to pray as you go down the beads. Their cube that they wear on their head has little scrolls that are handwritten of the first five books. Yes, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he showed me a picture of.
Speaker 2: That cube has tiny scrolls that are handwritten of the to.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's only certain verses, not the entire thing.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, I watched these these rabbi. I don't know if the rabbi is or if they're just like real ninches or what. These dudes are writing it down super small by hand. I'm like, there's no way they're fitting the whole tour in there, and the dude that was on the documentary was like, hell yeah it is, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, no, no. So basically it's very various verses and depending and so those verses are not necessarily in chronological order, and that might follow one opinion, and then there's another opinion that says it should be like that. So there are actually more than one paris to filling. So people who are very stringent will actually have more than one pair of filling everybody. So they're so Rashi, who I'll talk about eventually, was a major commentator, and so there is a set of filling that everybody calls called Rashi's villain. And then either his son and or students had a different opinion, and that's called rebeenu Tom. And so so very often people in the Kabbad movement specifically will have both a pair of Rashi's filling and Rebanu Tom's filling.
Speaker 2: So you pray this once a day? Is it a specific prayer? And what I mean by this is as far as a Christian comparison, won' be like the Our Father. No matter which version of Christianity you follow, the Our father who are in heaven hell wi that n that prayer transcends. We all say the exact same shit. So when it comes to the felon is that something that it's the same prayer over and over again.
Speaker 4: So it's filling, so yes, and no, okay, the blessing that one puts on when you wear it, yeah, so you're not praying like it's just it's a part of the prayer service itself. So like the in the mornings, a Jewish man will put on his prayer shawl and then he'll put on his filling and then he will pray with it, will do.
Speaker 2: The thing with the tassels, right.
Speaker 4: The big long blanketing.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh okay, okay, I actually know what this is. I know what this is.
Speaker 2: At least okay, I was thinking about it with the tasks that go on the like the man skirt kind of thing.
Speaker 6: So so those are called so that's called fitness gotcham.
Speaker 4: But but this is the prayer shawl that you wear after you had been married.
Speaker 2: So you wear the prayer shawl and the yamaka and the head thing you yes, gotcha all right, all right?
Speaker 4: And then that and that's that's a part of for sure, and that's a part of the prayer service called chakras, which basically literally means morning time and then that prayer depending on how quickly people run through it, it's about forty five ish minutes, depending on what's going on in the day. You take the tour out a couple different times per week and then not including shop this in festival and holidays and stuff. It's it's fun.
Speaker 2: Can you do this once a day?
Speaker 4: So fill in and prayer shaw and fill in once a day, yes, but juwe pray three times today. You have morning, afternoon, and night. And instead of like the Muslims to where there's very very strict times like you need to be on the dot, basically we have a range. Right, It's like you can't start prayer before a certain time and that prayer quote unquote it's time limits to a certain point. And then you have the same thing with the afternoon and evening prayers.
Speaker 2: So you can't start your morning prayers at eleven thirty and let it go into the afternoon and call it a two for one deal. That doesn't fly.
Speaker 4: No, And then there are there are various rules.
Speaker 1: It's a second is pair and there and.
Speaker 4: There are times when if if somebody does that, then there are rules as a part you know what, what do you pray first? What's what's more important? What do you do? I mean, there's there's literally rules for everything.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say. I was like, there are so many rules with.
Speaker 4: This religion as there I completely agree with you.
Speaker 2: All right, So now we've gone into the different sects of Judaism. But all of these sects celebrate Hanukkah. They all celebrate Passover. They all there's like the big ones no matter what it's. It's very similar to Christianity, and that every every version of Christianity except for like the Jehovah's Witness, but they're a cult. But anyway, they celebrate Christer Christmas, they celebrate Easter. They have these big ones that no matter what walk of faith you're in, you're gonna go to church on these two days. So all these types of Judaism celebrate Hanukkah, they all celebrate the Passover, correct.
Speaker 4: I would I would say so. The only correction I will make is that uh Connakut is one of the most minor holidays there.
Speaker 2: Are really as far as Judy was concerned, I figured it would be like one of the big ones.
Speaker 4: So it's actually not. I think one of the reasons why people think that is because of Christmas and this is the holiday that's like, oh, well everybody celebrates Christmas, then everybody celebrates Conic because it's it's actually approximately about the same amount of time. It's really not because like so there's no it's not like shabis where you're restricted from doing any kind of work or electricity. It's not. It's not a biblical mandated holiday. This is one a rabbitic holiday.
Speaker 3: So shabus what is that?
Speaker 1: So you you don't have electronics from like Friday to Saturday or something or yes, so is this good year round?
Speaker 2: It's every week every week, so it's a current wrong when the sun goes down on Friday afternoon until the sun set on Saturday evening, right, yes, yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe this was like a seasonal seasonal thing, like you get it, so year round.
Speaker 6: The winter goes a little longer though, I mean we have we have seasonal holidays.
Speaker 4: I mean, uh, generally Passovers in the spring, Circus is in the fall, same thing with Russia, Shana and Young Kipper each all those are holidays. But like the main holidays, which actually called the Ryan which means basically the days of awe are the Russia Shana, which is the Jewish new year, Young Kipper, which is the day of Atomat, and Circus, which is the festival of Booze. These are like the three three major holidays.
Speaker 1: Festival of Booze, alcohol, b oh oh. I was like, oh, this is a holiday, get behind with the Jews.
Speaker 4: Actually, well, there we do have one. So we have a festival called perm Okay.
Speaker 6: Basically, what that is is that we read the scroll of Esther or the book of.
Speaker 4: Esther okay, and then there there's a custom that says that you should get so drunk you don't know the difference between the name of the antagonist and the protagonist.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so there's one Jewish holiday. I'm totally down for Wait. How long is this book?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: Like, how long do we have to sit and.
Speaker 1: Listen to this?
Speaker 4: It takes thirty five minutes to read?
Speaker 1: All right, fine, I can be I could deal with it. I could get down with it for thirty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, now I have to ask the story of Esther that that's something that transfers into the Christian mindset here. So wait, how does the story of Esther? How does that lead to getting fucked up? I must have missed this.
Speaker 3: I'm here for it whatever it is.
Speaker 4: So why why that is? Is because it was there was a miracle that was done, and it basically it started off with with Aka Shiros and it ended with the party.
Speaker 2: So do you mean the marriage?
Speaker 4: No, so basically the party where est finally came out to her king and said, hey, by the way, I'm Jewish, you got to kill this guy. She They celebrated festivals during that entire time. Even the very end of the book says that these days should be of partying and giving of gifts.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm getting confused. I'm getting confused with the story of Esther. Okay, God damn it. All right, all right, I'm sorry. That book is in the Old Testament, in the Christian tradition as well. But I was thinking of the story of a shit I'm trying to think of the name.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: It's this woman who marries She's like, uh, I think she's a Mobite as a matter of fact, and she marries I know who.
Speaker 4: I know you're talking about, Ruth.
Speaker 2: God talk. I was getting Esther and Ruth confused.
Speaker 4: My bad, Ruth.
Speaker 2: There's only a few books that are named after women, and somehow I'm getting them fucking mixed up to go.
Speaker 6: I know, I believe that book is read during Chevus because that was when we received the toro from Mount.
Speaker 2: SINAI Okay, okay, fair enough. So Esther, which is not a long book, but it does talk about the orphan that becomes a princess and like does her things queen that while reading that book? Is it like is there specific times you gonna start drinking or you just like pull up the whole time and see how I mean?
Speaker 4: People people look, people have parties and like I've there have been people that like they get blitched.
Speaker 3: We will come to your party for this read. We will come. I will. We will sit through the ester as long as I can drink through it.
Speaker 2: Does it to be one?
Speaker 3: I'm down?
Speaker 4: There are some people that say that it should be wine, but.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean I'm a Whino, soay.
Speaker 4: Any money of alcohol to go around. Also, simplest that is also a holiday where people have a tendency and getting very very liquorate up.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Jews can throw down some are right, all right, all right, so back to the good old haka.
Speaker 2: So this is one of the more minor holidays as far as Juday is misconcerned. But you're saying that the reason why it has become, at least in the cultural zeitgeist even a fucking thing is because of I don't want to just say americanism, but let's consumerism.
Speaker 1: You think that has a big push to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Christmas is such a large holiday around the world, even in France and in Germany, all over the earth, they celebrate Christmas in one way, shape or form. Yes, so to have as much inclusion as possible. The Jews are like, we got a thing around that time too, and it's like, do we don't give gifts?
Speaker 4: We do?
Speaker 2: Now, Like I could, I could see that.
Speaker 1: Hence why we have these behind us consumerism.
Speaker 3: We did want to include this.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was really hard though to find stuff in the storage.
Speaker 3: I will say, we've but I have.
Speaker 1: It's weird because in Oregon, I've seen tons of Hanukkah stuff.
Speaker 2: I would be pretty well confident in saying that Oregon probably has a higher Jewish population than Louisiana.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be real with you.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen a bunch, but I will say it is the most inclusive places of places. So if there's gonna be somebody, we're gonna have it there. But I have seen a ton there and in Colorado when I live there too.
Speaker 2: So he's in Colorado.
Speaker 3: So oh, is there like a big jew population?
Speaker 4: Jewish populations rude in Denver? Yes, in Springs, know where I live down south. I'm like, you're like basically the only religious doing about a sixty mile radius.
Speaker 3: I lived in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 2: Damn. Okay, fair enough? So all right. So so Honkkah is a relatively smaller holiday on the scale of what's important. So let's go back in history here, tell all this story. Yeah, where did Hanakah start? Where to come from? Who too? Maccabees? Give us the spiel.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, since we're getting into this permission to share the screen, I have a fun video share away brother, start us off, and then we will go from there.
Speaker 2: For anybody who would like to see the video that we are about to share here, and we'd like to see all of the wildness that is going on here to what you need to do is go to Patreon dot com slash Cult to Conspiracy Podcast. That link is down in the show notes below. When you go there, there's a couple of tiers for entry. You have that initial Cult Member tier, that five dollars a month tier, and will you get access to all the shows a couple of days in advance. You get to see all of our faces. This is the only place to get video access for us is on Patreon. But probably the main reason why people come to patreon dot com and at least sign up for one of these tiers is because it is the only place to get the shows. Absolutely, I'm sure free listening, y'all. Absolutely absolutely ads suck, commercial suck. We know it. Come to patreon dot com slash Cult Conspiracy Podcast and kick those ads. But if you go to that third eye all the way open tier, you also get all these great parcels of information and all the good things. And then you also get to join us every Tuesday night for our Cult Member Live and you might actually get a chance to talk to the resident Jewish correspondent, Royce aka the YOKEDYID for yourself. Come check us out every Tuesday night, nine pm Central. Again. Link to the patreons in the description below.
Speaker 1: We also we also are running a special don't forget as it is a Chris' season, We're running a special that you get three months free when you sign up for a year.
Speaker 2: I'm fighting the urge to make a Jewish joke about this, but this is in fact the best place to get banged for buck. Right, if you sign up for the entire year, you're only paying for nine months. And I challenge you to find another place to get content that is making that much of an offer for such a low, low price. Come check us out, everybody ravingly good job for mentioning that, because I completely forgot about that. Got you, all right, let's learn about.
Speaker 4: Good doing it such a deal.
Speaker 1: It is a deal, And we actually respond to people as much as possible. We are checking constantly the d ms and everything. It's actually an easier place for us to talk to people. So in you comment, we see it because we have notifications on so we are reading all the comments on Patreon.
Speaker 2: So yes, indeed, all right, so I recognize this actress from the Big Bang.
Speaker 8: Yes, hey, Grocites, today you were gonna rock. Honkahn is a Jewish holiday that happen. Conic is a Jewish holiday that happens every winter. Because Jewish people use a lunar calendar as opposed to opposed to a solar Gregorian calendar, which most of the world uses, the holiday tends to shift around. But just know that Honka happens in the winter. Okay, Okay, this year, Conka starts on my birthday.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 8: People have a lot of misconceptions about Conica. So here's a little quiz to help you figure it all out. Take the quiz and prepare to impress your Jewish and Gentile friends and family. Number One, Conica is Jewish Christmas. Since Conakah tends to fall right around Christmas, a lot of people think that it's the Jewish equivalent of Christmas, and it is a holiday with rituals and traditions, but it's actually not Jewish Christmas. Christmas celebrates Jesus being born in a manger, and because Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God, right, it's a huge deal. It's the basis for redemption and salvation for millions of Christians all over the world. Conkah is about a group of Jews called the Maccabees defeating the Seleucid army in the second century BC, and it's detailed in the Apocrypha.
Speaker 1: Not the Old Testament.
Speaker 8: It's also about a miracle where this oil that was supposed to last for one day lasted eight days. And it's about defeating oppression and religious freedom and believing that what you believe in is worth your life.
Speaker 4: That's conicka.
Speaker 8: It's not Jewish Christmas. Number two false Hankaka is a really big deal.
Speaker 9: False.
Speaker 8: I mean it is, but it also isn't technically speaking. You see, Jewish holidays are divided up into major holidays and minor holidays. Major holidays are things like Passover Russia, Shana, Young Kipper, and some other really awesome holidays that you may have never heard of, like Cucus and Bwis. On major holidays, we refrain from things like using electricity, driving, writing, or working. But on minor holidays, you can drive, you can write, you can work, you can use electricity because they're minor holidays. But knuaka is still fun even though it's minor. We love Hanaka Woo minor holiday Okay. Number three Knakkhah involves tons of presents, eight nights of presents. Guess what false don't you get prisons. You probably think, I know Jews who get prisons every night.
Speaker 4: Why do you like present?
Speaker 10: It really presents whys we like?
Speaker 8: Of course we like presents. Everybody likes presents, and a lot of families you get things like pajamas, calendars, stickers, sockscolate coins, dradles. It's just the conic is about so much more than the presents. It's about finding light in darkness. It's about facing adversity. It's about fighting for what you believe. It's also about lots of awesome Conica jewelry, but mostly it's about those other things. Number four Jews eat super unhealthy food for eight days of Hanka. True, because the story of Conaka revolves around oil. We basically eat tons of food fried in oil, like latkas or potato pancakes. They are these potato onion fritters and they're amazingly delicious with sour cream or apple sauce or if you're in my family, ketchup. That's right, we eat them with ketchup because they're like glorified hash Browns.
Speaker 2: Deal with it.
Speaker 8: We also eat jelly donuts fried in oil, or you can also make them without jelly, like we do in my family. It's basically an eight day festival of oily goodness yum m.
Speaker 1: Number five.
Speaker 8: Jews spin little spinning tops on knega.
Speaker 9: Oh yes we do, Uh huh, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Go?
Speaker 8: Dradel a drada is a four sided top that we play with at Konica, and each side represents a letter that makes up a sentence, and it also represents an action that you take in.
Speaker 1: The game of Drado. It's a lot more fun than it sounds.
Speaker 8: I promise the sentence that the dradl spells is nescadol haya sham, which means a great miracle happened there, But if you're in Israel, the Dradel's say escadol haya pump, which means a great miracle happen here. Dreda is so much fun that I have an extensive Dredel collection. Number six Jews light.
Speaker 1: A manora on Khnkkah.
Speaker 8: True, but also not specific enough, so foh hah, I get ja. Manora is actually the Hebrew word for candelabra.
Speaker 1: It's a general word.
Speaker 8: Hanukiya is the specific word for the eight branched manora or candelabra that we light on Knica.
Speaker 1: We light one.
Speaker 8: Candle every night, increasing the light each night so that by night eight, all eight candles are lit. And yes, there is a ninth branch called the shamish, which is used to light all the others. For your information, a manora, which is used on Israeli money and described in the Old Testament, is a sixth branched candelabra with a seventh in the middle to.
Speaker 4: Light the others.
Speaker 8: So, if you've learned nothing else today, every hanukiya is a manora, but not every manora is a hanukia. Happy Hanukah, happy Kwanza, Merry Christmas, happy Festivus, happy nothing, whatever you want to do this winter, have a great time.
Speaker 2: I love her, She's so charming.
Speaker 3: I never watched my mom until he gets sound with it some I dam.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I have always loved it absolutely But okay, and I knew that she was Jewish, not because she ever said so on the show, but I mean, look at her, like clearly she is a loud and proud Jewish woman. So I mean good things, And okay, so she brought up a couple of things that I feel like we're gonna need a little more cleararification on you told us about the minora and the Hanakia and this whole conversation. Excellent cool things, the fried foods. This makes sense to me. I I don't think I've ever actually heard this before, but it makes sense that you would eat a bunch of fried foods during the eight days where oil is involved. Cool things. Is donuts a thing or is that just like an American thing?
Speaker 4: For the the there soy jelly donuts or called so are very very common.
Speaker 1: I love jelly donuts, so I already fit in during that day.
Speaker 2: So I don't. But like I do like the chocolate filled if that counts? Does that count?
Speaker 1: They don't count. It's not the part of the rule.
Speaker 2: And Jews have chocolate she said, chocolate coins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, plenty of plenty of galts, which is what.
Speaker 2: All which also, I mean the joke's right themselves of her saying you get chocolate coins on hot.
Speaker 1: I actually guess, I guess some of the stuff that was on the list. I was like, you're guys, I got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's awesome. So donuts yeah, And then Lakas she said that even would ketch up and you had a very disapproving face.
Speaker 1: Isn't ketchup not kosher.
Speaker 4: Right, ketchup is kosher? This is this is a palette thing. So generally you had the follow into two main categories of school of schools of thought. One that says that you should put jelly on them, or you have another group that puts sour cream on the latchez. I particularly more savory than sweet, so I am in the sour cream category.
Speaker 2: I mean it sounds like an onion hash brown.
Speaker 3: That's sounds sound like an onion hash brown.
Speaker 4: Basically it is it basically literally is a hash brown. Just the idea of putting ketchup on it, like during that time in the year. It's like, eh, But to each their own.
Speaker 2: Got you?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is your mom the Jewish? Or are both your parents Jewish?
Speaker 4: My father was not Jewish, my mother was so in the case interestingly, all right, so we can take because you.
Speaker 1: Have to be born from a woman, correct, that's Jewish to be you, yes.
Speaker 4: Correct, So it's very interesting. So in order to be to have the Jewish line or whatever, you need to have a Jewish mother. The tribal affiliation, however, follows the father's line, not the mother's line. So right now, in modern day there are three different categories if there were, or as it were, of Jews. You have the people who are the kohanium lying, which are basically the priests. You have the Levine or the Levites, and basically those are the ministers to the Kohana, and then you have everybody else, which we just call Israel.
Speaker 2: So now I have another question. Traditionally the Levites were the priests. When did they take a step down to the Kohani.
Speaker 4: So the Kohan basically the it was all about the difference between Aaron and Moses. Yeah, so basically when it came to the priestly line or came from Aarin, and then the Levites as it were, were from the tribe of Levy or Levi, and basically those are the ministers. So they both groups were a part of the temple service, but both had different portions of it. The Kohana and the actual priests were the ones who did the sacrifices. They were the ones that let the manora. They had the high priest to go onto the Holy of Holies during the day of Tomat.
Speaker 2: I always thought that that was a part of the Levite tribe, like of the twelve Sons of Jacob, the Levi tribe which became the Levi's, they.
Speaker 4: Were split into two. They so they that tribe essentially got split into two. So you had the group that became essentially the priest and then you had the the subsidiary group that they were the ones that that sang or that that assisted the priests. So they were they are still of a priestly lined ish but just they had a different calling as it were.
Speaker 2: But they are both of the like all the way back. They both are descendants of Levi, I think so, so they're more like cousins to each other, but of the same Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: They're they're for sure of the same oak. But is they just have different responsibilities. Okay, and his children and then Levi and and his children.
Speaker 2: So basically we have the bloodline of Levi and then everybody.
Speaker 4: Else well you know, the and the and everybody else, right, which this all.
Speaker 2: Checks out, especially if you look at they have people that they are training in Israel right now in the ancient sacrificial ways and all of these things. The only way that they could know that these people are supposed to be the ones doing it is that they have an unbroken chain of bloodline all the way back to the original tribe. So if there was ever a tribe that you needed the original bloodline to be intact, it would be the Leevites and the Cohen's. I get it so fair enough, correct.
Speaker 4: And what's very interesting is that with that being said, if you have like a mother and father who if you have a mother who is a Cohen and a and the father who is a Levite, the children will be Levites, not Kohana, okay, because the tribal affiliation follows through the through the father. They are one percent Jewish, you know, in that term. Sure, but the like my children, my children will always be Israel unless I have a daughter and she and she moved and she marries into you know, one of the other groups. M hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you are not of the Cohen or Levi.
Speaker 4: Bloodline since my father was not Jewish, I am not. I'm just a normal Israel got.
Speaker 2: You, got you, okay? All right?
Speaker 1: Is this like a bad thing not necessarily looked down upon?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm speaking.
Speaker 4: No, no, So it's not about being looked down upon it.
Speaker 6: But there are certain honors that are attributed to those who.
Speaker 4: Are of the blood lines. So for example, whenever the tour is brought out on the on weekdays, there are are you have three called aliotes, which basically means you're being called up to the to where you get to make a blessing. The first two are always it's the the Cohen, followed by the lady and then anybody else. So just certain honors are accorded them a certain points in time.
Speaker 1: So do they strategically marry bloodlines to keep within bloodlines? Like keep the bloodline as pure as possible.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jewish matchmakers are a thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, so Jewish Jewish matchmakers are a thing, but most people don't don't necessarily like I know that if you're a calling, they try to stay within the kohana. But if you have a divorce a you can't. So I have one of my good friends, actually she is a boss Collin. She comes from the Coins family. Her first husband was a Coin. Since she has been divorced, she can never marry into being at again.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know they could get divorced.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie to Jewish people can get divorced. Hell, there's a whole line for them.
Speaker 1: Okay, at least they can get divorced.
Speaker 2: There's a whole line of thinking that Moses divorced his wife, which I personally don't think is what took place, even though I'm not saying that it's some sort of a moral high horse against divorcees. Fuck, I'm a two time, you know, divorcing myself. But if you look at the context, Moses sent his wife and children away for a certain time, and there's a couple of different schools of thought on this. One is to say that he divorced her and sent her back home to her father. The other line of thought would be that he was starting a spiritual journey that did involve his celibacy, so he sent her away but stayed married to her but needed some separation to work on himself, very similar to a time of fasting. I am not weighing in on this one way or another, but there's at least some scholarly debate on that. So Yeah, Judaism and divorce is absolutely a thing, and per the Old Testament and per Biblical text. As a matter of fact, even New Testament divorce is only allowed in one instance, like blessed anyway, and that is in the case of adultery.
Speaker 1: See The only thing I knew about it was I watched those like I told you earlier, the extreme version of Judaism, and you know, they had a lot to say about divorce and stuff like that. I wasn't one hundred percent certain on the problem.
Speaker 4: And one of the problems is if you have a vindictive So if let's say, if a wife is trying to get a divorce and her husband is being vindictive, he can't religiously marry again, right, which sucks, But there are there were This happened a number of years ago. There was a rabbi who basically hired hired goons to kidnap and basically put the uh stress on his husband and say, look, you are going to divorce your wife or else, and they put the beaten on his ass up until he actually did. You know, this has happened a couple of times.
Speaker 1: The Jewish mafia has been a thing, you know, because unlike the Mormon Church that will back the man for basing the ship out of a.
Speaker 3: Woman and like tripled down on it.
Speaker 2: Well, now more often than not that is the case for a lot of Christians, a lot of Mormons, and a lot of Jews. Like let's be clear here, but this is a isolated case of a dude that if the money was right, he would send his boys out to I mean, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I'm glad that at least you know something.
Speaker 1: But I will say that I personally no multiple Mormon women that are no longer with the church because they were heavily abused and their bishops tripled down on the backing of the abuse of husband, and the whole church knew, and they were just like, you know, you just seen it. Pray more, yeah, and do better as a life.
Speaker 4: That's horrible that it really is.
Speaker 1: Well maybe so you were saying that you're so Manora correct. Yeah, Okay, yours is different than ours.
Speaker 3: Why is this?
Speaker 4: Yes? I will get into that, Okay, a little bit, Okay, solid solid, all right. So first we're gonna go through Wikipedia because it did a pretty good job, and then I'm going to scroll and go through periodic things that are pretty cool, and then we will get into further stuff. Sounds good, I dope.
Speaker 2: So we're starting with the history of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is just the blanket of what what Hankkah is kind of like what we were talking about before, and then we will get into the background and everything else. So, so Hankikah is a rabbinic Jewish festival remembering the recovery of Jerusalem and the subsequent rededication of the Second Temple following the Jewish Macca being revolt against a selusive empire in the second century BCE. And which is what I'm going to be getting into Chartley. Sokneka is observed for eight days of the nights, starting on the twenty fifth day of Kislive, which will be the startings on Sunday night according to the Hebrew calendar, which may occur at anytime from November twenty eighth to December twenty seventh in the Gruring calendar.
Speaker 2: You said, is this a moment?
Speaker 4: Yes, okayev is a Jewish month.
Speaker 2: So, and we're talking about the Jewish thirteen month calendar.
Speaker 4: Correct twelve slash thirteen months, so it's not always thirteen months, but it is every two to three years.
Speaker 2: So this is what you'll do in place of like a leap.
Speaker 4: Here, so we have a leap year, but we have we have a leap months instead of it. Okay basically actually, so the reason being is that before the calendar was actually based off of witnesses in the moon. But basically, since we do not have a temple and we don't have witnesses, there were a group of Jews that came up with a nineteen year calendar basically where you it was a cycle of nineteen years, so two to three years, because I said, like other calendars, the Fuber calendar consists of twenty nine or thirty days which begins and approximately at the time of the new moon as a twelve month, such month to prise of a total of three hundred and fifty four days. An extra lootar month is added every two to three years, so the long term average year length closely approximates the actual length of the solar year. Okay, so kis live is one of the months. And then generally whenever we have is.
Speaker 2: That you said twenty nine to thirty days, not thirty to thirty one, So correct the Gregorian and or Julian if you technical, let me talk Gregorian. That added on basically an extra day or two depending on the month throughout the entire year. So y'all we have an excess day that y'all put into an extra month every two to three years.
Speaker 4: I got you, Yeah, And then just for some g ways the list here are the Jewish months. We have Nissan e r Sevan, tamus av l O, t Shreshvan, tevett schwat Adar. So those are the months of the Jewish year, okay, nfl alright, so let's see all right, So the festival is observed by lighting the candles and the candelabrum with nine branches called commonly called the minora or knakia. One branch is placed above or below the others, and its candles used to light the other eight candles, the can called the shah. One additional candle was lits until all are lits together. Okay, we're going to be into the holidays and a second.
Speaker 6: Okay, so let's get in to the back prone and history of this, and please feel free to stop me at.
Speaker 4: Any time beginning in three thirty eight BC. By the way, this is going back quite a bit, but I'd like I would like to set the tone and get into the context of when the revolt started and wow and why and what happened with it?
Speaker 2: Please do sir. We are talking about the Selucid Caliphate. Correct, well, no, no, no, this was give me a date on this.
Speaker 4: So the so We're going to start in the year three thirty eight DCE with Alexander the Great.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, yeah, this is actually not the Caliphate because Islam didn't come around until six hundred's a d So this would have been just the Solucid Empire, my mistake.
Speaker 4: Correct, the solicit and the Polemaic Egyptians.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: So beginning in three thirty eight BCE, Alexander the Great began an invasion of an empire. In three to thirty three to three thirty two BC, Alexander's Macedonian forces conquered the Levant, including Palestine. At the time, Judea was home to many Jews who would return from exile and Babylon thanks to the Persians. Alexander's empire was partitioned in three twenty three BCE. After Alexander's death and after the Wars of the Diadochi, the territory was taken by what would become Thelemictlembic Egypt in three oh two to three oh one BCE, another of the Greek's successor states, the Slusive Empire, would conquer Judea from Egypt during the series of campaigns from two thirty five to one eight BCE. During both Telemic and Salucid rule, many Jews learned coin Greek, especially the upper class Jews and Jewish minorities in town's further a field for Jerusalem and more attached to Greek trading networks. Greek philosophical ideas spread route through reign as well. The Greek translation of these scriptures, called the Septuagen was also created. During the third centuries BCE. Many Jews adopted dual names with both a Greek name and a Hebrew name, such as Jason and Joshua. Still, many Jews continued to speak the Aramaic language, the language that descended from what was spoken during the Babylonian exile. In general, the ruling Greek policy during this time period was to let Jews manage their own affairs and not to interview overtly with religious matters Greek with The authors in the third century BCE who wrote about Judaism did so mostly positively. Cultural change did happen, but was mostly driven by Jews themselves, inspired by ideas from above, and by the way that's been true throughout the worst of the entirety that Jews have been around. Like Jews make our own worst enemies.
Speaker 2: That's very accurate. That's very accurate. And to your point also, yeah, the Jews being put down in a negative context by the for lack of better words, of the Europeans that didn't come early around into the Romans. The Greeks had no real issues with the Jews, right, The Persians did at one point, the Babylonians did at one point, the Egyptians did at one point, and yeah, these types of things, but the Greeks really never had any beef with anybody from Judea, honestly, no. And I mean that's also because, like you said, they adopted their language, they adopted a lot of their customs, maybe not their religion, but they adopted a lot of their cultural things, and they they blended in very well.
Speaker 4: And those were and so Hellenism is basically what that was called. What the Greeks were doing. They're trying to spread their own beliefs. And there were plenty Jews that were indoctrinated into and became Hellenistic Jews, and so yeah, and that's also one of the things about hanigen is that we're trying to battle against complete assimilation.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, and I mean to that point. Also he brought the Ptolemaic Egypt, which Ptolemy was one of Alexander the Great's top generals, and when everybody was vying for who would control Greece or Macedonia at the time, I should say, Ptolemy went to Egypt and he just set up shopped there and he was cool. He ain't fighting about the Eugnc and all this he's shown with Egypt, and that has led to so much controversy because so many people think Cleopatra was black. Meanwhile, there's mosaics of Cleopatra's cousin who was a redhead. Because we're talking about the Toolemaic Empire, and it's like wait what, and it's like, yeah, Cleopatra was probably like pasty ass white, but like you know, yeah, all the things. So we're talking about this timeframe when Tallamaic Egypt was going on, the Seleucid Empire was rocking, the Hellenization of the Mediterranean was fully a foot, and like you had said, most of the Hebrews started picking up not just Hebrew language, but coin a Greek as well, started taking some dual names in the mix.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, so continue, he says rulers did not undertake explicit pagrams of forthlonization. Antiochis's fourth Epiphanes, came to the throne of the Sleucids in one seventy five BCE and did not change this policy. He appears to have done little to antagonize the religion at first, and the Jews were largely content under his role. One element sorry that would come to would come to later prominence was Antiochis the fourth, replacing the high priest Onias the Third with his brother Jason, after Jason offered a large sum of money to Antiochus. Jason also sought and received permission to make Jerusalem a self governing police Holius I guess, albeit with Jason able to control the citizenship list of who would be able to vote in hold political office. These changes did not immediately appear to arouse any particular complaint from the majority of the citizenry in Jerusalem, and presumably he still kept the basic Jewish laws and tenants. Three years later, a newcomer name Menilaius offered an even greater bride to Antiochis the Fourth for the position to high priest. Jason resentful turn against Antiochus. Additionally, a rumor spread that Menilaius had sold the Golden Temple artifacts to help pay for the bride, leading to unhappiness, especially among the city council. Jason had established this conflict was largely political rather than cultural. All sides at this point were Hellenized, content with a Slucid rule and primarily divided over Menilaus's alleged corruption and saclege. In to one CC eight to BCE, the sixth Styrian War began between the Seleucis and the polemic Egyptians arose, and Jiacus fourth led an army to attack Egypt. On his way through Jerusalem. After the successful campaign, high priests Menilaius allegedly in vandon Antiochus inside the Second Temple and a violation of Jewish law.
Speaker 2: Sorry, inside the Second Temple.
Speaker 4: And that's what this says, shit inside the Second Table.
Speaker 2: I thought that, Yeah, I'm not exactly sure on my dates on when the Second Temple was constructed. I know when it was broken down, But okay, so I didn't know the Second Temple was around since the three hundred BC.
Speaker 4: This new information, so this would know this was once one seventy.
Speaker 2: BC, gotcha? Okay? Yeah, the Second Temple was built by then, all right, sorry, by that continue.
Speaker 4: No, you're fine, let me fine, please again? Sorry, okay, so and so all right, So honestly, back to jersalm At the successful campaign, I preest man Alas allegedly invite Antiochis inside of the Second Temple and violation of Jewish law, and he raided the temple treasury treasury for eighteen hundred talents. Tensions with the Telemaic dynasty continued in Antiochus rode out on campaign again. In one six the ABC, Jason heard a rumor that Antiochus had perished and launched an attempted coup against Minelaus and Jerusalem. Hearing of this, Antickos, who was not dead, apparently interpreted this fictional infighting as a result against his personal authority in s an army to crush Jason's plotters. From one sixty eighth to one sixty seven BC, the conflict spiraled out of control, and government policy rapidly shifted real quick.
Speaker 2: This is jew on jew crime, correct, Antiochus is Jewish. I don't or Minilaius, however you want to say it. I believe he was Hebrew. But oh no, no, no, no, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Antiochus was governing body. He was okay, got you, got you, So all right, I'm with you. Sorry with that, I'm getting confused on the names. I'm about to make sure.
Speaker 4: Here, so no problem.
Speaker 2: This dude bribed the local Solucid ruler for the power. Other dude overtook him with a higher bribe, and now there's some infighting between the two. But moreover than not, it's pointed at the Seleucid dude in charge.
Speaker 4: Yes, gotcha. Yes, So it says a thousands Jerusalem were killing thousands where we're enslaved. The city was attacked twice. New Greek governors were sent. The government sees land and property from Jason' supporters, and the temple in Jerusalem was made the site of a syncretic Greek Jewish religious group, polluting in the eyes of the devout Jews as they actually I believe, sacrificed a pig on the altar, which.
Speaker 2: Is no in the temple and.
Speaker 4: The temple itself. That was one of the reasons why the tumble needed to be purified, because of the sacrifices that were done, not only to foreign gods, but also the fact that there was pig that was slaughtered on the altar.
Speaker 2: Itself, right, yeah, Like so who inside of the fucking arc dog?
Speaker 4: So no, I don't think that. So not so not the Holy of Polies, but on the on on where you slaughter the animals.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's still massively insulting, and I get that, but like, bro, for a crazy second, I thought they were doing this and putting pig blood on the arc. I'm like, who oh my god, No, Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't believe. So all right, all right, so the government sees landed property blah blah blah. So and the Temple Jerusalem was made the site of some credible Jewish Greek Jewish religion, gropluting in the eyes of Dovau Jews. And you Sitadel garrisoned by the Greeks and pro Selucid Jews. The Acroli, Isabella and Jerusalem Antiochus fourth issued decrees officially espressly the Jewish religion subjects were required to eat pork and violet. Jewish dietary laws, work on the Jewish Sabbath, cease cercufiing their sons and so on. The policy of Talker for the Jewish worship was at an end for Antiochis. The unexpected conquest of the city of Jerusalem, deluding and the wholesale slaughter were not enough. His psychopathic tendency was exacerbated by resentment of what siege had cost him, and he tried to force the Jews to violate the traditional codes of practice by leaving their infant signs uncircumcised and sacrificing pigs on the altar. These orders were universally ignored, and Antiois had the most prominent recusitant butchered, and that was from Flavis jusepus So in the aftermath. In the aftermath of Antiochritists issuing his degree for bidding Jewish religious practice, a campaign of land confiscations, paired with shrine and ultra building took place in the Judean countryside. A rural priest from Moden, Matthias or Matisyahu of the khshm Naim or the Hasmonian family, sparked the result against the Solucid Empire by refusing to work with the Greek gods at Modine's new altar. Wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, real quick, real quick. Not to cut you off, but I have a couple of questions. So, for one, what year are we talking about here, because Flavius Josiphas was more prominent in the first century a D.
Speaker 4: So so that keep in mind that was Josephus speaking about it way after the fact. So we are still in the one sixty six to one sixty BC.
Speaker 2: Got you okay, okay, Damn. There was one more thing that you had brought up a second ago that I wanted to ask you about, but I got stuck on the Josiphus mentioned. Shit, what what was the last thing you were talking about right before I cut you off?
Speaker 4: So, Mattathias VI has Aemonian.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me more?
Speaker 4: Oh so he well, so it is a rich a rural Jewish freeze from modane sot uh Mattathias or minds.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, real quick? Is that a place?
Speaker 4: No, it's a person. So Matthew. So the the Hebrew word for Matthew or Mattithias is mas yahoo.
Speaker 2: That is one of my favorite reggae singers. I should mention I didn't realize that that was the Hebrew word for Matthew. From Matthew yeah, madus yahoo. For anybody who does not know, check him out one of the only Acrid Jews. And that's a term that I learned about that is also a reggae singer, and I fucked with reggae heavily. So anyway, anyway, sorry, I heard the name and I was like, wait, I know that term. What the fuck? Continue?
Speaker 4: And actually I knew somebody whose name, so it is still used today.
Speaker 2: So the Greek version of that would be Matthias, but the Hebrew of that would be madus Yahu. Correct, damn, I love this shit, Let's continue, yep, all right.
Speaker 4: So a rule Jewish priest from Modim, madis Yahu of the Kshmnaim or the Hasmonian family, scarred the revolt against the Solucid Empire by refusing to worship the Greek gods at Modine's new altar, mas Yahu killed a Jew who had stepped forward to take madisya Who's place and sacrifice into an idol, as well as the Greek officer who sents who was sent to enforce his sacrifice. He killed him sure the altar. So basically, madus Yahu was like, dude, you're not about to do this shit, and he just he sucked his shit up.
Speaker 2: Where's some adragnishak and have been to go when you need them. Bro, No, we don't bend to the will of the oppressors. We stand firm and we let God sort it out when we get there.
Speaker 6: The problem, but part of the problem was that there were these Hellenized Jews that were more great than they were Jews.
Speaker 4: So whenever you had that happen and they're like, hey, we're just going to follow this way now, and madus Yahu in the are like the fuck you are, and.
Speaker 2: It's very that's not like the first time that said, well, this might be one of the first times that's happened. That's fair. But like even Herod in the first entry, he got like super romanized. Herod was like he got down with what the Romans were doing. He dressed like them, acted like them. Some even claimed that he worshiped the Roman idols. I don't believe that he did, but there's a lot of claims. He wasn't a very popular homeboy. But like, yeah, as far as like the ruling class trying to get real up and cozy with whoever the actual oppressors were at the time, this is a thing, and that's not just a Jewish thing. That's the thing that's happened throughout the course of human history. So let's be fair here, right, all right.
Speaker 4: So continue, So after he did that, so she set forward she might as I was placed in acrivising and so he also killed a group officer who was there. She win force his at device. He then destroyed the altar. Afterwards, he and his five sons fled to the nearby mountains, which sat directly next to Modin. Now we're going to be getting into the Gorilla campaign from one sixty seven to one sixty four BCE. So after Marsyahu's death about one year later in one sixty six BCE, his son Judah Maccabee led a band of Jewish dissidents who would eventually absorb other groups opposed to the Slucid rule and grow into an army. While unable to directly strike Slucid power at first, Judah's forces could maraud the countryside and attack Hellenized Jews, of whom there are many. The Maccabees destroyed the Greek altars and the villages, and also forcibly circumcised the boys.
Speaker 2: Forcibly circumcised the boys.
Speaker 4: Correct, they're like, so this is something that it's a part of our family and heritage and tradition, and you will do this.
Speaker 2: So all right. The Maccabees to the Solucids were basically seen as a domestic terrorist group.
Speaker 4: And just their their gorilla warner was and it was incredible, so incredible.
Speaker 2: That it beat them fair enough.
Speaker 4: So let's see. He also he also for villages and drove hell and i Jews off their land. So Judas is nicknamed the mccabees is now used to describe the Jewish partisans as a whole. It is probably taken from the word says Hamar. I'm not sure, but anyway, but in either case, the maccabeus or maccabee would be later used as an honorific for Judah and his brother and his brothers as well. So Judas campaign in the countryside became a full scale revolt. Macabean forces employed grilla tactics, emphasizing speed and mobility. While Let's train and under equipped for pitched battles, the Maccabees can control which battles they took and retreat into the wildness when threatened. They defeated two minor salutive forces at the battles of ascent of La Bona in one sixty seven BCE and the Battle of beth Haran in one sixty six. Towards the end of the summer. In one sixty five, Antiochia's departed four Babylon in the eastern half of the empire and left Lycius in charge of the western as regent. Surely afterwards, the Maccabees won a more substantial victory at the Battle of Ammaeus. The factions attempted to negotiate a compromise, but failed. A large Slucid army was sent to quash the revolts. After the Battle of baith Zor in one sixty four BCE, as well as the new news of the death of Antiochist fourth in Persia, the Slucid troops returned to Syria. The Maccubees entered Jerusalem triumph. They originally cleansed the Sacond Temple, re establishing a traditional Jewish worship there on the twenty for the Kislev, the date of the cleansing in the here calendar that would later become the date of the festival of Spanaga.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what year about did this word honkka come about?
Speaker 4: Basically about one sixty four BCE. Interesting, what was when it generally.
Speaker 2: Ended the conflict?
Speaker 4: You mean, I mean as far as the fact that they retook the temple and did the cleansing. Okay, it was right around this time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's the backstory to Honukkah. Now explain the manora and the candles in the eight days in the situation.
Speaker 4: I am going to get into that, But first I would like to take a small tangent, because the next thing I have my list is actually to read a small excerpt from the Talmud itself.
Speaker 2: Which Talmud Babylonian. Okay, let's go there, all.
Speaker 4: Right, But before we and then after that, I'm going to go into a small tangent on how we go from the Talmud to Jewish law. Okay, all right, So I am currently quoting from Shabas twenty one real.
Speaker 2: Quick, just so we're all clear here. As far as the chain of cussy of the years and things like this, the Babylonian Talmud was compiled. Give a ballpark about what year. I know it was probably over the course of a few because if we're talking about these things happening in one sixty three BC and you know the early BC zero I say early. Technically speaking, I guess this would be the late V series. But like you know what I'm saying, if the Babylonian Talmud was.
Speaker 4: I hear you. Yeah, actually, hold let me, let me do this, go through this kind of kind of now. So the written law or the Tanakas is not the total sum of the Divina revelation. Rather as the rabam Rites is written, and I will give you the talents of stone and the Torah and the mitzvas. In this verse, the tour refers to the written law. The Mitzvah refers to the explanation God tumanded us to observe the tour according to the instructions of the Mitzvah. It is this Mitzvah that is called the oral Torah. So originally it was transmitted transmitted orally from master to students in a chain extending back to Moses himself. The situation continued for over fifteen hundred years until the era of Rabbi Yuhuda ha Nasi, the leader of the Jewish people in the Land of Israel, a little more than one years after the destruction of the Second Temple. So the ram describes this as at turning point, as follows, he saw that these scholars were decreasing. A number new tribulations were constantly arising, the Roman Empire was extending its power throughout the world. The Jewish people were wandering and being dispersed to the far ends of the earth. He therefore composed a single text that would be available to everyone, that the oral law could be studied quickly and would not be forgotten. So to react to redact and record the oral law for posterity was revolutionary, As Ramam states, from the days of Moses our teacher, no one had composed a text for the purpose of teaching the law in public. Instead, in each generation, the head of courts would take notes for himself of the cheap teachings which he had received from his masters, and teach them verbally in public. The situation continued until the age of Rabinu Hakkadosh or rebi Yehudaha Nasi. He collected all the teachings, all the laws, all the explanations, and all the commentaries which had been heard from Moses most Rabanu and which had been taught by the courts, and each subsequent sub quint generation from all these, he composed the texts of the Missiona and taught it to the sages. They the sages disseminated everywhere so the oral law would not be forgotten by the Jewish people. The Mishnah, whose participating authorities are known as the Tanaime, then became the focus of Jewish study and endowed Jews throughout the world with a common point of reference. Through it, they could connect with the chain of tradition extending back to Sini. The very structure of the Missiona points to the purpose of its composition. As in a code, every clause and phrase and word in its teaching signifies concepts and laws that are not overtly evident. By presenting concepts in the seminal form, the Missiona compels his student to refer back to its parents' reservoir. The entire body of the orl Tora. Out of the composition of of the Missionah, study groups would meet, as they continue to do so this day, and endeavor to unravel its code, expounding it and amplifying its teachings. Because the masters were familiar with the entire oral tradition in which the Mishnah was summarized, it served as an effective tool that enabled them to share their knowledge with others. As time went on, however, fewer stages were familiar with the oral tradition itself. Moreover, an increasingly fragmented diaspora prevented many Jews from contact with even those stages who were familiar with it. Hence, a text was needed that would elucidate the words in the missiona, explain its deeper points, and record the new matters that had been developed by subsequent towards. For this purpose, Revashi and Ravina composed the Gamara for the babylon and Tamude, the next outstanding landmark in Jewish letters. The Gamara is essentially a record of discussions of the Mishnah in a number of academies in ancient Babylonia. Imagine sitting in a room in the company of some of these eminent stages the Amariyan. A scholar has just quoted a concise legal teaching in the name of his mentor. One of the stages present present will question its structure. Another will will respond explaining his perception of its wording. Another will observe that he had once heard this Hollofic or Jewish law ruling as ascribed to a different judge who based it on a different scriptural source from the verse just quoted as a proof text. Another will challenge the reliability of the original ruling by quoting a seemingly conflicting verdict, and this sparks off a lively debate that seeks to resolve the contradiction. By the way, this is exactly what the talent it is. So this is how it was formed, from being taught from Moses, from Outsinai to the sages, to the little snippets of the mission to the Gamara.
Speaker 2: I don't want to like make you lose your place, so like put your finger where you're at for sure a moment ago, say a moment at the beginning of this you said it was a composition of the oral Torah and the written and stone tablets. Is that to be believed as the Ten Commandments?
Speaker 4: I mean, so we don't actually have the the the Ten Commandments, as it was in the ark of the government that we don't know where it is.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, But per the context of you saying the stone tablets, are we talking about those or is there other stone tablets that were being used? Okay, magasure and make sure continue yep.
Speaker 11: So all right, then basically going through all the arguments. So then setting for a moment onto another wrung, another stage, we'll share a spiritual insight with it.
Speaker 4: With this teaching brings to mind. Finally reverting to the here and now, his colleague will recall the other legal issues on which the author of the said teaching had one express any painted all that to say, this is how the what the Torah, what the tal moon was based on. So it started. I'll just recap one more time and then we will go from there. So basically it starts off with Moses being taught the entire Torah, both oral and written. He teaches all of this to the court system, and then once it starts to be forgotten, this one great stage name you Huda a Nazi, basically takes all these little snippets to learn from. Furthermore, at a later point in time, you have the people that go into to try to explain what this little snippet means, which is called the gamara, and then from and then the gamarg just basically goes back and forth between this stage says this, this stage says this, this is the proof text for this in this scripture. This is the proof text that I have to that scripture. And as I read this little snippet, you'll understand what I mean by bad.
Speaker 2: So Gamara sounds to me very similar to Gamatria. Is this where that comes from? Or the same root word? For lack of better understandings.
Speaker 4: I am not sure of the etymology. I couldn't tell you. Sound Gamara, for sure is Aramaic, where I think Gamatria is just numerology in general.
Speaker 2: I could completely be grasping a straws and even though they sound the same, have nothing connected. And maybe I don't know, but it's not really that important.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure. I'm not actually, I'm actually not sure about the etymology. I don't I sound similar. I don't think it comes from the same route, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, so anyway, So that was the background to the Talmud. The Babylonian Talmud itself correct, gotcha.
Speaker 4: Correct, And basically it was just all of where it was compiled and edited, So that believed Talmud I believe was compiled and edited in Babylon, and the and the other was edited in Israel. Okay for Jerusalem as as it's called to this day. Sure, sure, all right, So what I'm quoting now is from Shabis twenty one. So all right, so Rava, who is this age?
Speaker 6: Said one must kindle another light in addition to the conic lights in order to use this lights.
Speaker 4: Hold on one second.
Speaker 2: And this this excerpt from Shabas twenty seven.
Speaker 4: You said twenty one.
Speaker 6: But anyway, if anybody has heard any thing disparaging about the Gamara and they actually want to see it.
Speaker 4: For themselves instead of trying to rely on people who try to sway those for shits and giggles and to take things out of context. Sure, please go to Safaria dot org s E. F A. R i A dot org and you can look up pretty much any one of the texts that you're being shown, as far as anything in the Jewish literature, from the Old Testament to the tal Mood itself. You can. You don't even have to log on for an account, search for it, read it for yourself, so.
Speaker 2: Real quick, Sapharia dot com. This is not the same as Spartik Judaism, correct, No, making sure, I'm gonna say, hold on, you are going to the Spartans for references. You're a horrible jew bro.
Speaker 6: Definitely, definitely so so kim actually comes from the root words safer, which means.
Speaker 4: Got so yeah s e f A r i A dot org. Okay, that is the that is the place to go, all right.
Speaker 6: So the Gamara ass is Fanica, and wired lights kindled on Fanica.
Speaker 4: So the go our answers, the sages taught, and the mcgilla of Tinus, which is about fast as is on the twenty fifth of peace, leave the days of Khnukah are eight. One may not eulogize on them, and one may not fast on that. What is the reason. When the Greeks entered the sanctuary, they defiled all the oils that were the sanctuary by touching them. And when the Hasmonian monarchy overcome them and emerged victorious over them, they searched and found only one cruise of oil that was placed with the seal of the High Priest, undisturbed by the Greeks, and there was sufficient oil there to the candelabra for only one day. A miracle occurred and they lit the candelabrum from it for eight days. The next year, the stages instituted those days and made them houlids with recitations of hollow, which is a certain with certain prayers and special things, givings and prayers and blessings.
Speaker 2: Real quickly, this is from the book of Shabbat.
Speaker 4: Yes, uh. This is quoted from Chabas twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yes, Shabas, not Shabbat.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean it's this, I mean really, it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious. I'm shying to google. When was the Book of Shabbat written? And it says two hundred BC. Oh wait was I no? No, no, I'm sorry, cey. They keep fucking me up with the CE means a D. But they changed it because common era. Yeah, yeah, which is dumb. It should have just stayed a D. But okay, okay, So two hundred a D is when the Book of Shabbat slash Shabbas was written, which is what we're reading out of, which was give or take three hundred and sixty years after the fact of the Macabeans got you, all right, continue, just.
Speaker 4: Let's see, I'm throwing a little bit.
Speaker 2: So even two hundred a D they are mentioning the practice of Hanukkah. And it's not just the traditioner passed down from generation to generation there codifying it there, putting pen to paper on this to where every Jew from this point on knows that this is the thing that y'all be about. Got you correct?
Speaker 4: And then further on it basically it goes into there are different stages. One that says the k it should start you should start with eight and then go down to one. And you should start at one and go to eight. So there were different opinions about how they should be lit.
Speaker 2: And you know it's also mentioned and I just discovered this in the past week or so. Apparently Jesus also practiced hankah, so it wasn't as widespread, But at the same time, in zero AD, in the turn of the millennia, there was a solid number of Jews that were celebrating Hanukkah for the correct intents and purposes of what Hankah was. I mean, there's one hundred and sixty years after the fact of the Maccabeans and the revolt and all these things, But it wasn't like that went off by the wayside and then came back at some obscure thing. Pretty much after the vault stopped, people started taking it on as a new form of celebration of God's glory during that time, which I also find funny. So many, so many people think that Jesus wasn't a Jew's hilarious to me, Like sure, these people, these these sweet, poor dumb people that don't know that, Like, yeah, he celebrated Passover, he celebrated Hanukkah, he sucked at sports like that, he was a Jew. He was a Jew. No offense rules, but like you get it.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, I don't Jewish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt anyway, all right, so cool, cool, cool, Let's continue.
Speaker 4: All right. So the change a sawt in a brysa and a brysa is something that was not written down but still taught anyway. So is the basic mitsvah or the commander of Sonica is each day to light, to have a light kindled by a person I ei the head of the house for himself and his household. And the mahadron, which is like which is stop, which is a hot no nothing, which is which is a higher level is for those who are meticulous to perform the midst of those too, kindle light for each and every person in the household, and the like the best of the best, who are people who are even more meticulous adjust the number of lights. So bait Shami and bit Hillel, who were two very prominent scholars, and they each had their own schools, disagree as to the nature of that adjustment. So bait SHAMAI says, on the first day one kindles eight lights and from there gradually decreases number of lights to the last day of Khanaka, to where he kindles one light. And bait Hillo says, on the first day one kindles one light and from there on gradually increases the ember of lights, until the last day he kindles eight. So it seems like.
Speaker 2: The two schools of thought, one of them got more prevalent than the other.
Speaker 4: For sure. But this is so. This is how the gamar is. It goes, It gives multiple opinions, and then finally, at some point in time, the actual opinion that we follow is codified. So he says. Ula says, there are two amaraim in the West and in Israel who disagreed with regard to this dispute, to rebe Yosi bar Avin and Reb Yosi bar Zeveda. So one said, to the reason for Beit Shama's opinion is that never lies corresponding to the incoming days, I even the future on their first day eight days for made aknika one kills eight lights. Blah blah blah. All right, So that's some from the Gamara, and I'm going to get to the general stuff that we do. All right, all right, So this is from this is roughly from the chokan Auro chapter six hundred and seventy seven ish the what is that word again, shul khan aro the code of Jewish.
Speaker 2: Law Shohan harrik shual s h u l so school so shoal.
Speaker 6: No, chulfan means table, schulfan is actually so chulfan is the actual shul is the word for.
Speaker 2: School, So not sul shoal.
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: Anywait pause, now now you got me on a whole other tangent in that the place of hell or is that shoel?
Speaker 4: No, that's shell, god damn.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, sorry, I only speak American English, not even that well, So right.
Speaker 6: There's there's there are so many of these words that sound very similar, all right, So shul and chulfan and all correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is the shoal, not shule shoal a.
Speaker 4: Harrem Soulhan s h u l c h a n.
Speaker 2: Chulfan Shohan Shan.
Speaker 4: Okay, sure, yeah, so chulpan just means table.
Speaker 2: I might not be thrown enough flim into it, but I'm fucking trying, Okay, I'm giving to the old college. Try.
Speaker 4: Is the code of Jewish law in this volume that I was reading from is the are the roles one through fifty seven?
Speaker 2: Out of how many?
Speaker 4: I mean, I just said that this one is six hundred and seventy seven, So they're so there are four different parts of the chulkan are okay. So basically the the first section is called aura him, which means which is the laws of prayer, synagogue shop is all you have your idea, which is the laws of castrous conversion to Judaism morning. You know, evan as there was the laws of marriage and divorce, and hush and mishpop, which are laws of finance, finance responsibilities, damages in the rules that the House of Judges needs to follow. There are four different parts of it. You know.
Speaker 2: It makes perfect sense to me. And I know that some people say this in a racist tone. I don't mean it in such. It makes perfect sense to me that Jews make really good.
Speaker 4: Lawyers, you know. And but it's part of the part of it is because of all the discussion in the gamara that goes back and forth and what's you know, you know, whenever you're going through your trial, it's the back and forth. It's trying to find out things and parts out things and what question to ask and okay, well you said this, Well I'm going to say this, and here's your text, here's my text. One numbercent this is one percent of the reason why Jews make great lawyers because of them studying gamara in Taya, like from the.
Speaker 2: From from early age. They're learning the art of rhetorical debate and litigation as a principle to who they are as people. I mean that find me a better lawyer. Holy shit? Right anyway?
Speaker 4: Correct, So getting back to the All right, so as we know, say, part of this is we're going to kind of go over a little bit of what we been over before, but just kind of as a recap. So on the twenty fifth day, he said, begins the festival of holidays. So what a commemorate so kind of can commemorates the miracles that occurred during the reign of the Greek Serian Empire. This was an empire in the time of the Second Temple. They made decrees against the Jews. Blah blah blah. On the twenty fifth Keys leave, when the Jews ended the table, they discovered a single flask a pure oil. This oil was enough to last for one day. A miracle occurred and the oil lasted for eight days.
Speaker 2: Real reason, real quick, real quick, you said pure oil. Is this the like the oil that was to be used in the temple or is this just pure oil?
Speaker 4: Is in?
Speaker 2: It was just really high quality oil.
Speaker 4: So it was not only was it pure, but it was specifically designated for the temple. So the whole idea is that this one shrews of oil that had the seal of the high priest was still sealed. Okay, that is what and that's what was burned for those eight days.
Speaker 2: And so this is different from anointing oil. Correct, Yes, okay, making sure, making sure the only reason I'm asking, because if I'm not mistaken, the anointing oil had to use like hissop and a couple other herbs that were in it to be used for the anointing. And that was the big thing. They just found like a hundred gallon of the correct anointing oil while they were doing some excavation in Jerusalem, which is it's crazy as far as like the people that get down with biblical end time prophecies, that believe that we're in the end times, they have been trying to figure out because some of the herbs that were used in creating the correct anointing oil have since gone extinct. So they were looking at maybe if there was like a second cousin to this plant or something like that they'd be able to use. And as they were doing some random excavation in Jerusalem, they found a giant sealed clay pot with one hundred gallons of the correct anointing oil dated back to the time before the even in the BC era, So it was wild how that took place. So just making sure here that is not the type of oil we're talking about as.
Speaker 4: Far as the lamps secure, but so as far as the lampscope, it is one morecent sure olive oil.
Speaker 2: Got you continue.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: I don't mean to keep getting you off track, brother, but I have.
Speaker 4: Some no please please, I mean, that's literally why I'm here.
Speaker 2: It's any of the good cult members that are gonna listen to this and say, you know what, why are y'all talking about the Jews? And because it's a Hanukah episode and because tis the season you dick. Okay, I want to hear from you in the comments section. Let us know what you think about this. Do you think that this is a crazy cult like following Do you think that this is actually very interesting, this type of a deep dive into this religious organization. We want to hear from you. And Hey, if you listen to the first few minutes of this and you're like, God, they're just talking about the Jews, I don't want to listen to it, then don't fucking listen. Listen to next episode when we talk about Christianity and how a lot of these beliefs that people think are so pagan are actually like super Christian. Okay, just saying we're giving everybody there fair shake hell tomorrow's episodes about kwanza I'm trying to find a dashiki to wear, so I don't want to hear no shit, but anyway, continue.
Speaker 4: Royce fantastic, all right. So the day of the Syrian Army's final defeat was on the twentieth fifth of Keith Love. As we said previously, when the Jews entered the temple, they discovered a single flask of pure oil. This oil was enough to last for one day, and miracle occur and the oil lasted for eight days. For this reason, the stages in that generation decreed upon the Jews to annually celebrate eight days of Knika, beginning from the twenty fifth. Alternatively, some sages explained the festival was established not due to the miracle of the candle's horn, but in the celebration of the completion of the of the Tabernacle in the times of Moses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, right, we're going to dose your reread that one's a hold on now eight days of Hankah, and you say it started on the twenty.
Speaker 4: Fifth, So it does begin on the twenty.
Speaker 2: Fifth, but of the Jewish month, not in the month of December as we look at it today, correct, all right, all right, So the twenty fifth of that month, as of the Gregorian calendar, falls on what date?
Speaker 4: Yes? This? So the the reason why I said yes is because, as we spoke about a little bit ago, as far as the Jewish calendar, and since the Jewish calendar is a primarily a mixture of the lunar and solar days.
Speaker 2: It transfers year to year correct.
Speaker 4: So every two to three years it bumps, it bumps around. As far as the Jewish calendar, it will always be on the twenty fifth of keithlet However, with the Gregorian calendar, it's going to move around, specifically because we have our calendar excuse me, of three hundred and fifty four days as opposed to the Greguring calendar three and sixty five, and there needs to be a lead month every two and three years. So it'll go up, and they'll go back, well for a couple of years, and then it'll go back all right.
Speaker 2: Right, So we were talking about this as far as the Christmas episode goes, because so many people think that December twenty fifth has its roots in so many other traditions and things and stuff, even though not a single bit of evidence can prove that as far as Yule, as far as Soul and Victis, as far as Saturnalia, as far as winter Solstice, all of these things, in the latest date that I can find is December twenty first, right, which is fine cool. I've had no shade thrown towards the people that get down on that. But as far as why December twenty fifth was chosen, I've been trying to find some sort of a rhyme or reason behind this. You're saying that per the Jewish tradition, it does fall on the twenty fifth day of the month that starts of the k.
Speaker 4: Kish Levka, I asked.
Speaker 2: Lav Kislev very interesting, okay, now, and to do a little bit more digging to see if Christmas falls on that because of that or what the reason behind it. The best I can find, what you're going to talk about more on the Christmas episode with cult members is that basically, per the ancient traditions and not just in Judaism or Romanism or Hellenism or any of these things, they thought that it was proper and holy for you to die on the day that you were conceived. I don't know where that comes from. I couldn't tell you, but essentially they're saying, because everybody thinks he died, we know that as far as Christmas, Jesus died on during the Passover feast, right, there was a whole thing that's documented beyond any shadow of any doubt. So that would mean that nine months prior to that he was conceived, which means that he was born somehow, but bu bup December twenty fifth, even though per the records, he was probably born in September. So why was December twenty fifth chosen to be the day of celebration for this? Now, this might be that connecting thread to say that the twenty fifth of Keith Love Keith Lev Keith Love.
Speaker 4: Keith Lev Lev l ev eliv.
Speaker 2: Making sure that might be that connective thread to why they decided that, because that is is that the last mon the Jewish calendar per the year. Wait, no, y'all's New Year's is in September.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh shit, okay, yeah, actually we're in the number of New year's we have the new year of trees. We have when our calendar starts, the new year of trees called yeah, it's called rushing on for trees.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to do a whole nother backstory on that one. The trees isn't like the Cedars of Lebanon or like what we were talking about here.
Speaker 4: No, just I will have to get back to you. Yeah don't. I don't have that.
Speaker 2: But we'll put a pin in that one. For another episode. But all right, so we'll see, I'll do some more digging and see if that might be the reason why December twenty fifth was chosen. I don't know that for a fact. But Keith Lev, as far as the Gregorian calendar, typically falls between like mid December to mid January.
Speaker 4: Correct November to December.
Speaker 2: November December. Interesting? So wait, so typically December twenty fifth falls in the next month.
Speaker 4: So like between I mean between like late November and late December is when Chronica normally falls as far as the Good Goring calendar.
Speaker 2: But Keith Lev itself is typically in.
Speaker 4: I as either in November or December. Like right now, as of time of recording, we are the twenty fourth of Keith's.
Speaker 2: Leve Okay, okay, so what's the next month after today?
Speaker 4: Night too? Sure? Kevett? Which is actually the month that was born?
Speaker 2: Kennett?
Speaker 4: Tevett?
Speaker 2: T e v e t Tevett tevatt. So does the Christian Christmas typically fall in Tevtt?
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell you. I hadn't paid attention for a number of years.
Speaker 2: How interesting?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna have to do more digging, to be honest with you.
Speaker 4: It ranges to be honest with so good.
Speaker 2: Cult members out there listening. My background as far as Hebrew knowledge very briefly ties into Old Testament sources and me doing a little bit of deep diving into some of these sources. But for the majority of the shit that I learned, it's Royce. Just so we're all clear, Like, I I know a little bit, and then I talked to Royce and realize how little I actually know, And then I know a lot of Christians will be like, why are you talking to a Hebrew to learn these sources? Because that is where this all stems from. How can you know where you're going if you don't know where you've been. Just so we're all on the same page. So okay, okay, so weird size tangents. Anyway, Hanukkah ends, like you said on the twenty fifth of Keithon.
Speaker 4: It starts, it starts. It starts on the twenty and then ends in the next month.
Speaker 2: Got you. It ends in the next month, So it ends in.
Speaker 4: Correction, it ends I think the second of Tebbett.
Speaker 2: Interesting, okay, all right, cool, cool, cool, So moving on. Sorry, I didn't mean to detract I just want to make sure we're all on the same page.
Speaker 4: Either one of you are more than welcome to interrupt me at any point in time, and I will answer things to the best of my abilities. Dope, all right, let's go, all right, So all right, let me get back. All right. So, and alternatively, there are some stages that explain that the festival was established not due to the miracle of the candles, but in celebration of the completion of the tabernacles in the time of Moses, the reinauguration of the altar by the Kshmanaim the Hasmonians after its defilement by the Greeks, which took place on the twenty fifth of Keith left. So with next, we are going to go with the meaning I can get this scroll right, the meaning of the nam Konica. So several interpretations are offered for the meeting behind the nam Konica. So the name Kanaka is or could be an abbreviation for they rested from their enemies on the twenty fifth of Kysla Khanu and then Ka which is twenty five Kanaka made the inauguration, implying that at that time the temple and the altar were reinaugurated after their defilement by the Greeks. According to this explanation, the festival was established in celebration of this inauguration and not due to the americals of the canals. It also hints at the inauguration of the tabernacle in the times of Moses, as the Mishigun with the portable temple or tabernacle was completed on the twenty fifth of Kislav, and it was not inaugurated until the first of Nissan, which is really at the beginning of our months. As far as how we determine pollen it so Hashem God therefore repaid the month of Kislav by having the reinauguration of the filed temple and Ultra take place on this day. Thus it is considered as if the original inauguration in the Michigan occurred on the twenty third of keith Lev, and it is this event that we are celebrating. So others suggest that it commemorates the inauguration of the temple in the times of Hagui the prophet during the binding or do the building, during the building of the second.
Speaker 2: Table, do you throw the flim on Hagi?
Speaker 4: I mean it's a word to Jewish orts keep your word.
Speaker 2: No, I know the prophet, but we say Hagi. You say ha Gui.
Speaker 4: How many people do you know for America that can put that where it's where it's deemed z for Zachariah.
Speaker 2: Wait, you say that one again.
Speaker 4: Zachariah is Zachariah. Y has kill is Ezekiel? Yes? Yes, I feel like yechkil is? How you say Ezekiel?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not saying this in some sort of like I want to learn how to put correct pronounced his name. So Hagi in the Bible? How like so many people say that it's ha Gui? Yeah, okay, and then say Ezekiel again?
Speaker 4: Yeah as heal?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Hes you throw filim on that last part? Yeah, yeah, has killed God through the film on the wrong part.
Speaker 3: Is this like an Aron situation?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is legitimately an Aron situation, Like they feel, I'm like, what this is?
Speaker 1: This is why this was created in the A situation.
Speaker 2: I need to learn this, this is this is blowing my fucking mind right now. For at this point it's like you mean no, Hes, Yeah, I don't know. I'm learning.
Speaker 3: I can't right now. I'm just y'all.
Speaker 2: Wait, is Abraham?
Speaker 4: Abraham no, but it's it's actually an av not ab. So it's alva.
Speaker 2: God damn it av hm. That's this. I mean, I'm happy that I'm learning the correct pronunciations, honestly and again good cult members. This is why we have the resident Jewish correspondent. He is teaching me so many things that are blowing my fucking mind. For thirty three years, I thought I knew how to pronunciate the word easy heal. I had been so wrong.
Speaker 4: In English at the perfect job, just got a hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but that's the point though. It is a Hebrew word, so we should at least throw the It's like all right. So I had a buddy of mine, right, his name is Leif, with like Leif Ericson and Susan.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, if you met him, you would love leaf.
Speaker 3: He's actually no, I actually know the name leaf, like we did.
Speaker 2: You know it's actually pronounced leaf.
Speaker 3: I know it's and so.
Speaker 2: Leaf my boy homeboy at that Marine Corps veteran combat deployment, the whole nine. And I met him on the job site once upon a time and I was like, your name is Leif? That is so sick, and he's like, yeah, except for my second grade teacher that would not call me by it. She kept calling me Leif And then come to find out, that's how you actually.
Speaker 1: Pronounce it, actually, how you pronounce it. I looked at it for one of my kids' names.
Speaker 2: But the dude was born and bred in in Thibodeaux, so like, he don't be knowing how to pronounce the Nordic words, so he found out the hard way. So again, I would like to hear the correct pronunciation so that I can move forward with that kind of knowledge, you know. Anyway, moving on with that.
Speaker 4: With Isaiah, so it's either yashaya or you Shayahu.
Speaker 2: So okay, now I have to ask my name is Jacob, and that's a Hebrew ass name. I know it was changed to is like hell, what is it?
Speaker 4: Yahako?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yahaka yahakov yak that's what yahakah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no yah ah ah yah yahaka correct yaakov c cove.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is what I'm gonna call you from now on, so.
Speaker 4: Hold on here.
Speaker 6: So depending on some sect of causidium, they like, they they pronounced like, uh, the iron the second letter they kind of like like, so.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, so the yank yank, Oh.
Speaker 2: God no, No, if somebody calls me yankee if I got a problem, it sounds too much like yankee. And I ain't about that bullship from Louisiana.
Speaker 4: I mean, and even even the thing that will make you you know, so it'll be.
Speaker 2: Yeah a Cove. Wow, I'm gonna start calling my son that because that's his name, but also because I keep calling him Yakob as a joke. No, yah a Cove, yave O. And you could see I can see myself calling him that whenever he's like when I'm angry at him, Yah, Coke, bring you ass over here, Like that's a whole thing. That's a whole thing that's gonna happen now. Oh man, I've never actually asked you how to correctly pronounce my name in Hebrew. So I'm very glad that we know this information.
Speaker 4: I sent it to you.
Speaker 2: You have, but I've never heard it pronounced.
Speaker 4: This is different.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking about this entire that entire like little clip where he just says all those different names, and I'm just like, that's I'm trying. That's what I feel like this is right now.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, Cove, is this a on the cove or is it a har k.
Speaker 4: Okay, damn it.
Speaker 3: No, no flim you got.
Speaker 1: You just really want that flim on your name.
Speaker 2: Like we're gonna it's a Hebrew name. Can we have some flim? You know what I'm saying. But no, it's not gonna work that way.
Speaker 4: We take away you're change.
Speaker 2: I mean that count for something that does you turn the J to a why or I don't know, I don't know what letter it is for you all, but yeah, that hell yeah.
Speaker 4: Which is essentially which is a why.
Speaker 2: Sound all right, fair enough? Word it up? All right, Sorry, so we're continuing here. I'm sorry we got way off on a tangent on Jewish names.
Speaker 4: The changes are fun, like as much fun as all these episodes are. Sometimes the tangents kind of make it worse wild, you know, it's just it's fun.
Speaker 2: I agree. I know some people are like, oh, they go on so many tangents. The tangs are like the eighty d breaks. Okay, we all need them, thank you.
Speaker 4: This is also what the Gamara does. It literally will go on rabbit will go on page long, rabbit hole tangents and then finally get back to the same subject. So I think it's just human nature. It's sort of truth, fair enough, all right, So I'm considering. So the name Tronica stands for the word tests, which is also a letter as well as number for eight, So narrows mahalakaka. Bass Hillo means, which means the eight candles are lit as the rules of base Hillo. We were talking about before, the difference in in houses between Shamai and Bayhillo, where one goes up and then the other one goes down. So this is basically the name for Kanaga says that we follow that particular house.
Speaker 2: When you say a particular house, you don't mean actual.
Speaker 4: House, school school of thought.
Speaker 2: Got to be more accurate, got you continue.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's funny because it's called bass Hillo, which literally means the house of Hello, but it doesn't mean houses in like a structure.
Speaker 4: It means a school of thought. Just making sure, I mean, yes, yes, exactly what raven Claw, pubble Puff Slytherin and I'm kinda forget that.
Speaker 2: So just making sure because you'll hear the certain houses and not even talking about Hogwarts or Game of Thrones or whatever. But houses typically mean like a family or some sort of a blood lineage, So you mean a school of thought, which I guess in another regard could be blood lineage if we're going that far back in time, But all right, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: And by the way, tangentially on that, what's very interesting is that with these two these two houses are very very famous as far as the Gamarai and elsewhere, and one house is notoriously stringent, and one house is our school thought is notoriously more lenient. So it's just very interesting when when they're when there are things that are used, and it's funny. You can ask me a question, and very often I will. I can't get you a direct answer because there are differences of opinions. There are certain opinions that say it's this way. There's an opinions this way, But we believe that there's a verse that says these and these are words of God. So just because we follow a certain school of thought in one aspect, does it mean that it's any less valid, But just there's a time and place for it. And right now the majority follows this opinion. Yeah, for for sure, Like is it is it left or right?
Speaker 6: Yes, Like there's there's a t opinion, there's there's a there's a leaning opinion, and there's that goes every everywhere in between.
Speaker 2: I don't envy your religious fervor when it comes in one regard, I do you, specifically you as a individual, your religious fervor, it's inspirational. I do not envy your religious rules that depending on which school of thought or which version wrote it down, depends on which version you should lean more heavily towards. Its my God, the amount of studious liturgical work that needs to be done to even feel like you are doing the mostess is it's impressive. It really is.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, don't get me wrong. In a certain regard, I wish I was Jewish so I could have this kind of fun because I am somebody who like loves digging into the history, the original in tent, all these things. So like for me personally, for my nerddom, it would be fun. But also, holy fuck, I would step out of line so often accidentally it's not even funny. So it's just like.
Speaker 1: There's like there's no way, like like.
Speaker 3: Just listening to you, I'm like nope, like mm mmm, not in not in a cold day in health.
Speaker 2: Which also you have tattoos, doesn't that mean and I don't know the version of Judaism, but doesn't that mean that you can't be buried with your family.
Speaker 4: Or some shit. So there was a rumor a long time ago that says if you have tattoos, you are not able to get buried in the Jewish cemetery or have Jewish rites performed on you. That is not accurate.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're cool to get tattoos.
Speaker 4: I happen to love tattoos. Should I get tattoos?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 4: Am I going to get more? Possibly? That's one of the things that I'm very like.
Speaker 1: I I'm gonna say it was like the Christians are more stringent than the damn Jews on the tatto and the tattoos, Like.
Speaker 4: It comes from us, it comes from believe it or not. The tourist says not to do it.
Speaker 2: But then the Book of Ezekiel it says that God has a tattoo of your face on the palm of his hand. And it's like what It's like, yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Do you know? Yep?
Speaker 3: Like I'm just gonna sit here, No, all right, wait.
Speaker 2: The Jews get down the Book of Ezekiel. Correct, we talked about this. Correct, Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, So it talks about God having not They don't use the word word tattoo, but basically, he has an inscription of your face on the palm of his hand, and it's like a whole thing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like complete metaphor.
Speaker 2: No, No, they mean that God knows you so well, he loves you so much that he has your face on his palm and you're gonna see that when you get to heaven.
Speaker 4: I agree. So one of the reasons why I agree with Raven is that whenever we try to anthropomorphize God.
Speaker 1: That's a word.
Speaker 2: No, I know, it's a word, but I'm just like, wait, you don't believe that God has any human feature whatsoever?
Speaker 4: No, so no, so hold on. So whenever we talk about the hand of God the eye of God, like God does not have a physical form, that's something it's very very antithetical.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me go jewish as fuck on you real quick. So whenever Moses saw the backside of God.
Speaker 4: And was blinded, right, so I understand, I'm he.
Speaker 2: Got blinded by God's cakes dog.
Speaker 4: So I know we were talking about It's funny that I never actually looked into it. As far as.
Speaker 2: For the record, I don't actually I don't particularly care if God has some sort of human features. I think that, especially the Book of Ezekiel, that is meant to be interpretive in certain regards and literal in certain regards. What I mean by his hand is that legitimately God has you, know, you that close to him, that he sees you daily, he looks at you in his hand. Now, I hope that when I get to Heaven and I'm standing before my Creator, he shows me He's like, oh no, I love you so much, dude. Look at here your face on my hand, Like I like, love you, dude. I hope that's the conversation that happens. I gotta feeling it's gonna be all yeah, the ultimate face. It will be more like him rearing back from downtown to smack the fuck out of with a picture of my own face. I don't know. I don't know. I hope so, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: So in the days of Kanaka, they miraculously kindled the Noora for eight days. Lenora has seven lamps. So, and this was during the times of the temple, so we're not talking about our Knakia that has nine. So the Lenora had on seven lamps. So during this period of the miracle, the kindled seven lights for eight days, for a total of fifty six candles, which in Hebrew is the numerical of nunvove candles. Correct total, So in the days of Connica, you know the whole miracle, right was it? So the manora had seven lamps. So during the period of these eight days, a total of fifty six candles were lit, not one like one of like if they if they lit all seven one day, then they let all seven the next day and so forth. That's I got you.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait time out. Now we talked about how a hanakia is is a this is is a manora, but a minora is not necessarily a hanakia.
Speaker 4: Correct, Okay?
Speaker 2: Is there a manora that has more than eight or nine?
Speaker 4: So theoretically so any so a manora and Hebrew just means candle aubrum. So you can have nine, eleven, thirteen, whatever, but for religious purposes you only have two. You have a nine and eight seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, for religious purposes there's nine to seven? Gotcha? All right? Continue?
Speaker 4: Correct? So since so a part of so the letters that comprise of kronic is so hess and Nunvov and then Hugh Hey. So Hess is numerical for eight. So for eight days Sonnav was fifty six, so fifty six candles were from miraculously candled on the twenty uh half Hey, which is the twenty fifth. So these are all numerical ways of how Khanika was was made or not the word for khanika so and then in total, so now we're talking about nowadays, we light thirty six candles throughout all the days of Kaniga, not including the not including the shamash, so just the just the six says, So this is where we're going to get into a little kabala. It says this corresponds to the thirty six hours in which the or Hagan news shone during the time of Adam Harusha, which is the first man. And I wanted to know what exactly the or Haga news was, and it says, so the or Hagan news or the hidden light, it is a significal.
Speaker 2: Or Haga news means candle light, hidden light, hidden light, got you correct?
Speaker 4: So the or Haaga news or the or the hidden light is a significant concept and Cobbalistic tradition representing the primordial light of creation that serves as the blueprint for all creations. The Orhaga News is believed to have shown for the thirty six hours before being hidden, symbolizing the balance between revelation and concealment and the creation process.
Speaker 2: The news is a cobbolic reference.
Speaker 4: Cabalistic term. Yeah, the Orhagan News is a cobblistic reference.
Speaker 2: So Hanukkah and the candles in the Minerva and all this has its roots in Kabbalistic texts. Somewhat yes, okay, continue, sir.
Speaker 4: So it says it is the essence of the divine unity and purpose, guiding and sustaining creation through the constant flow of divine energy. So it says, alternatively, it also these thirty six lights that we light also corresponds to the thirty six tractates of the Gamara that the Greek's desire to abolish, because there are thirty six different sections of the Tomlin or chapter books I guess, or chapter heads like shot, this is one is one, Tinus is one. So just so on its open all right, So now, which means fasting like fast days.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, okay, but like it sounds like which is a book in the New Testament I'm just making the page for sure.
Speaker 4: So it's funny. There there's the actual word in Hebrew, and then there's the pronunciation of it. So for example, amy torah, you can say shabbats or you say shots. You can say nets or tiness. So just kind of a pronunciation thing, gotcha, all right, So now we are going to answer one of the questions that you had as far as the manora. So the commonly depicted shape of the minora contains herved half circle branches and is used for coinage, marketing designs, and sculpture art. So the rebby who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson or the last Rebbe of Kabad.
Speaker 2: That is also the Jewish name I've ever heard, Oh my god, Uh yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's so it's funny in in in every So in every household, every household, you're going to have a Manaka Mendel. Either they'll be called Mandy or Mana or like or some variation of it. It's as far as that world. Like at the very least one son is going to be Manaka Mendel. Another is going to be Schneer's almon or lady Ystock. So there's what percent.
Speaker 2: So all right, so this is like the Italian naming everybody Peter Pauli.
Speaker 4: And in that community, yes, or and then like you'll have moishe which which is Moses.
Speaker 2: Moist she is? How you pronounce Moses.
Speaker 4: Is how you pronounce don't you hold on?
Speaker 2: Hold the funk on moisty? How you pronounced Moses no.
Speaker 4: Is how is the actual pronunciation, But like you have various uh flare on it depending on the name. Okay, Like I like I know two people who were names Abraham except one in one of them I call Ave, the other one I called a roomy.
Speaker 2: So yes, how do you pronounce Noah?
Speaker 4: Uh? Noah the flame on the end for no reason?
Speaker 3: No, no, I understand, So no hold on.
Speaker 6: So here's here's what's cool. So Noah means comfort. Monoch is the same route. So the root of Monoch is Noah man Noah no ship.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, how do you pronounce adam adam adam? Okay, okay, that's fine, that's close enough, all right.
Speaker 4: So Eve, how about this? Hold on? So Eve, I have no idea where you came from? On wait, wait, am I right? Cava?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm just I was getting there.
Speaker 2: I've heard that name be used in Israeli women's names.
Speaker 6: Haava is eve so Becausejava comes from Kai, which means life, and Hava was the.
Speaker 4: Original, was the origin of all life. So Kava is how you say where I came from? I have no idea.
Speaker 2: You're Jewish? Lilith? How do you pronounce that name?
Speaker 1: You're Jewish?
Speaker 4: No ship.
Speaker 1: The last hours?
Speaker 2: Okay, Raven come down?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Hold on. Lilith only comes up in certain Hebrew text. There's no Christian liturgy to say anything about lilith being a real thing. And I'm not even saying if you do or don't believe in lilith? But how do you pronounce that in Hebrew?
Speaker 4: I believe it? So, first of all, I don't know if I'm no. So it would if anything, it would be elite's. But I don't know because that's not okay, that's actually not your name. It's used, all right enough? Call it a forbidden is. So here's nothing.
Speaker 3: Forbidden to say.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's for like, it's just not used the world, so you know, I don't think it's so, it's it's that word is Lilis is used in certain cabalistic texts, I believe, but as far as like most day to day it's not really used. Also interesting, so robot, so you smile is very very hubre Ishmael okay, right, and she was one of Abraham's sons. And in the town there is or was somebody who we go by or who goes by raby smile. But Ishmael is not used because of Muslins. We we've pretty much stopped using that because of that, like.
Speaker 2: As in using it in naming your children then correct.
Speaker 4: So there's basically no you smile, even though it's even though it means that you know, you smile means that God hears, but it's not used.
Speaker 2: It's like Adolph in Germany, we just don't be using that anymore, you know, although Adolf Hitler just won the election in Angola, so neither here or there I know a what mm hmm, you know an actual adude with the first name Adolf. Yeah, the dude I'm talking about. His first name is Adolf, his midden name is Hitler, and his last name is something of that culture and tribe.
Speaker 3: But like all right, mm hmmm, yep, wow, people be people be peopling.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, there's this dude, Dolph lungdren right.
Speaker 3: I thought you're gonna talk about Dolf Ziggler.
Speaker 2: I was like, fuck yeah, him too, Hell yeah, but it's not Adolph. They changed it to make it not that guy. So that's good things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's Susan and Hebrew?
Speaker 1: Don't ask why.
Speaker 2: I just thought it's a Hebrew word to count a Hebrew word.
Speaker 4: Susan is not let me give me Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, Sarah Hebrew word?
Speaker 2: Oh, Sarah is Sarah Sarah in the Bible? Oh yeah, that was That was Abraham's wife, Sarah, Sarah Sarah Yo. I tell you what. I had a teacher and we had like five Sarah's in my class, and she kept pronouncing the words Sarah and nobody corrected her because she was a good teacher. She genuinely was a kind woman. She had literally this is her first year teaching. She was straight out of the uh Zeta Zeta Zeta sorority, and you could tell by talking to this white woman she was but whatever, okay, And so finally somebody was like, why do you keep calling her Sara? Her name is Sarah, and she's like, but she doesn't mind. And then Sarah stood up and I was like, yeah, I do. My name is not Saraha, but apparently per the Hebrew tradition, it is pronounced sara ya. No shit.
Speaker 4: Oh did you say zadi if a few seconds ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sorority zeta, zeta zeta.
Speaker 4: Oh. So it's funny because like if you want to say, like your your grandfather, it's it's Zadi ZAIDI is grandfather.
Speaker 3: I'm using it.
Speaker 2: What's grandmother?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Uh? Softer softer?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, we have so many weird ass names down here.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to use it.
Speaker 2: So I've heard that be used by Jewish people.
Speaker 4: It would be like my we bet my grandmother, Like whenever you so that, that would be like you're so.
Speaker 2: You have a soft die if I'm talking about it, but I'm talking about my soft das.
Speaker 4: Right, No ship saying with a wife, like if I want to say like my wife as opposed to which is your wife? Same thing?
Speaker 2: Okay. So Sophia, for instance, and we talked about this offline Sophia, which a lot of people believe is God's wife because she is mentioned as wisdom that was with God, even though the word for wisdom in Hebrew is sophia.
Speaker 4: And right, say it again, Hakma hawkma like there's like, oh so very good. Raven coma is how how.
Speaker 2: You say hakma?
Speaker 1: I got down?
Speaker 4: There's two. There's two. There's there's in the in the beginning and the middle.
Speaker 2: The word sophia is hama.
Speaker 4: No, the word for wisdom. I don't know what sofia. So the word for wisdom is cokma.
Speaker 2: Interesting And somehow when that got turned into a, when that got hellenized, it got turned into the words sofia and correct me if I'm wrong, And we talked about the offline, so I already know your answer. The Hebrew language, very similar to Spanish and Italian and all these others, has genders associated with.
Speaker 4: The word masculine, feminine. Correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's weird. English is a weird amalgamy mostly of Germanic and Germans don't be given a fuck about genders.
Speaker 3: That's fair. It's just weird that we don't have it, Okay.
Speaker 2: Fact angry language. Have you ever heard Germans speak to each other? They sound pissed off, but in reality they're like changing pleasure pleasantries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I have.
Speaker 1: We We had a lot of German friends actually, and the way that they talk to each other is like it's actually you guys seem angry, but I'm down for it, like fuck it.
Speaker 2: Same with Russian they sound angry less they're drunk than they sound that non salon, but like if they're actually like meaning what they say, they sound really mad all the time.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Well, going back to Hankikah, I really want to know, honestly, I don't want I don't I don't understand what this is for. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get to Okay, I'm like.
Speaker 3: What is this game and what is all this about? Because I am so confused.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know y'all play gambling games on Hanukkah and.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: I mean money is a thing for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, I mean for for sure. And we will get into gals when you give your shame shameless plug whenever we do talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was, I was already okay to be fair though, like these are actually pretty cool coins, like you, I don't think you guys have ever described what they actually look like. So there's like a series and I took the polio vaccine one because obviously I talk about vaccines, but there's like a little thing up here that says like polio vaccine, and like each one of them has a different thing on it.
Speaker 2: And Royce, you have ordered coins before. As a matter of fact, you are what we only have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a lot of coins. I probably did you have coins.
Speaker 2: I know the jokes right themselves, And I've made these jokes with him offline before I got.
Speaker 6: The first when I first got involved with Sober, I said, Jacob, you sucks what I do.
Speaker 4: I said, you motherfucker I got involved with coins. It's like, oh my god, like literally the jokes. But like, by the way, here's here's of my favorite coins that I bought. You can see it.
Speaker 2: Is that the Pharaoh. Royce, you are a Jew and you bought the pharaoh coin?
Speaker 4: First of all, I thought it was First of all, it is it very much is.
Speaker 2: Secondly, bro, are you even Jewish? What is happening here?
Speaker 4: Look? Did you likes money?
Speaker 2: And did you like I can't do a fucking ship?
Speaker 1: I love that love?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Is that culturally offensive?
Speaker 4: Over here?
Speaker 2: We're going out of our way. We're going to have a way to be culture to.
Speaker 1: Be fair, though we did actually really want to. We wanted to find the little draidles and like, yeah, the little curly cues.
Speaker 3: By the way, yes, okay, little things.
Speaker 2: So that silver coin is that gold for the pharaoh's face or is that anidized?
Speaker 4: So it is so it is a mixture of anionization and plate nice. And this is the This is the three ounce coin.
Speaker 3: I like a big old mighty coin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know how to do this.
Speaker 2: One second, No, you take your time, brother, Yeah, that is a a three ounce coin. The ones that we get sent are one ounce.
Speaker 3: And that's a big gass coin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, fucking right, dude. He has a whole bunch of coins. He's a coin collector.
Speaker 2: I am, I am, but for anybody, and you know, we'll give the shameless plug in a second. Typically the coins a wee get sent are these silver dollars, right, they're the Liberty dollars. They're gorgeous and they run in series. The one they're on right now is the American Invention.
Speaker 3: There was one of those, like bifocals they have the recorder.
Speaker 2: There was one that was for the Atari gaming system. Like, it doesn't matter. The coin itself is the important part. They're hermetically sealed in the little.
Speaker 3: The sounds like I can't open this thing, so you better not. I know, we weren't supposed to.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, this is so. As far as coins are rated, this is an MS seventy coin, which means that this is main condition. It's never been in somebody's pocket. This is pretty much has never seen open air outside of the mint, and this is the highest quality that you can get. But we'll talk about those in justice.
Speaker 1: I actually don't know anything about coins very much. The only thing I do know is that there's a place in New Orleans that you can buy real Roman coins. And my ex mother in law has a set of jewelry from different circas and like different She has like four different sets of Roman coin ear rings and necklaces. Oh, I'll bring to a spot in bed and they got like they got some. She got some cool shit, and I'm like, man, I want one. She has a ring too that's really neat, and I'm like, I'm jealous.
Speaker 2: I've introduced to my boy Austin right, yeah, shout out to Pelican Pawn. He has a actual Spanish to balloon from the pirate age because he's from the Virgin Islands, and that's like actually a part of his culture and heritage. And he's got a ring that way, uh, medallion that way that he wears around his neck. He's worn that since high school. It's it's a whole thing for the collectors out there. But anyway, so yes, we'll give the shameless plug for cecsilver dot Com here in a bit. But Royce, yeah, you're actually one of the cult members that have actually gone down and checked out the website, which I am stoked that you were actually able to get in there and get some some silver slash goal for yourself.
Speaker 4: I probably have about two grand worth of points right now.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah hello, yeah, man, hasn't.
Speaker 4: Even been a year yet. I love it. I'm probably gonna be upgrading to legacy. That way I've become an LLC, and that way all this silver comes becomes attached right off.
Speaker 2: It very much can be. Oh, it can be, but you need to be careful talk to your account about how you do that, because you can't double dip as far as the taxes are concerned, and you can't buy this as a business expense and then also profit off of its growth later on as an you can't double dip as far as the LLC expensures are concerned. That's all I'm gonna say on that.
Speaker 4: Okay, well then then you're going.
Speaker 3: To school the jew on coins.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, on ll LLC shit. And the only reason why I know this is because my accountant, who knows about COC silver, we talked about it, and it's like, if you're going to take it as a tax right off when you buy it, dope. If you're going to take it as a tax right off when you cash in on it, dope. You can't take it as a double tax right off. Okay, that's all. And he explained it to me. It was very in depth.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I didn't even know you could LLC coins, but all right, oh you shit, you could ll see anything, honestly.
Speaker 3: Well back to our honka moving on.
Speaker 4: All right, so we are getting back into the minora.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, here's one out. Would you blow them out or they went out?
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I did because they need there is actually a certain amount of time they need to be able to be lit for, and I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Refill them, so I just I did just blow them out, Okay, Okay, So all right, so the ready, well, I'm not gonna go through the name again. That's fun. So the Rebbey, after a thorough Haloic and historic analyzation, conclude that the shape is, in truth, not the shape of the Tumblemanora, meaning the the half circles like Raymond has behind her, but a cloned Manora which was captured by other Romans and placed on display in Rome to depict the fall of Jews. The true shape of the tumble Manura, from both a halochic which is Jewish law and historic perspective, contained diagonal branches. So let me before do you let.
Speaker 2: So what you have behind you? This this image of these half circles into this pretty equidescent shape. This is not correct.
Speaker 4: That would not be historically accurate, as opposed to this, which is which would be more historically accurate.
Speaker 2: Got you, okay, So.
Speaker 4: Let's see. So this is the shape of the manura, which was depicted by the rambamb So Mamanides in his magnum Opus the Mission to Torah and was testified testified by his son Reb Avraham, should be an exact depiction of the Templemanora. Due to the Rebbe's discovery and revelation artistic are artists commonly named his manora as the Khabbad Manora, although in truth this is the manura of all dreury depicted by the rambamb The Revae stated that one is to endeavor to use for konic an eight brianch manura, which follows the true temple shape and not the half circle branches, which depict a clone to manura, which was used by the Romans as propaganda for crushing the Jews the Jews spirit and pride.
Speaker 2: Explain how that crushes the Jewish spirit and pride?
Speaker 4: I don't know, okay, because the only thing I can really think of is that we know or we believe that it's one way. So it's just maybe trying it like revisionist history. So like you know, it's like you think that your mineral looks like this, No, it's actually how it looks. But besides that, honestly, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not sure, gotcha, okay, I am not sure.
Speaker 6: So why is cutting a celebrated for eight days that there was enough oil to last for one day?
Speaker 4: There are several answers to this question, and as you know, five Jews nine opinions, so sure to some suggest the flask of oil was distributed into eight vessels and for the use of eight days. This would naturally allow the canos to burn for some time each day, although not for entire day. The fact that each day's oil lasted a full day was a miracle that occurred in each one of the eight days. Two others suggested the oil was used on the first day and miraculously some of the oil was left unconsumed in order for the following day's miracle of lighting to me to be naturally bound. Other three others suggest that the oil was used on the first day and miraculously only one eighth of the oil became consumed each day. Four others suggests that the oil was used on the first day and miraculously the jar refilled with oil by each morning. Five others suggest that all the oil was used on the first day and miraculously never became consumed by the fire. And then I guess the rebby explained this to me. The oil was consumed and it remained at the same time, similar to the temple regarding aaron, the urn that did not take space in the Holy of Holies. By the way, have you j K I've ever heard of that which one. So the if you look at if you ever looked up the dimensions of the temple, the room that the that the Holy the Arc of the Covenant was was held in, was actually smaller than the dimensions of the Arc of the Covenant itself. The dimensions of the dimension, So the dimensions of the room were or like it was a square. It was actually smaller than what the actual dimensions of the arc would be with the poles. So there is an idea that that basically took up a luminal, eliminal space to like that didn't take up any space whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Okay with the polls, maybe, but it's not that the poles stayed with the arc the entire time. It was only when it was being transferred from point to point B.
Speaker 4: They were there was a command not to take the poles out.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, I'm going to have to do more digging into this one, Royce, And be honest with you, I didn't know that. I've never heard that the dimensions of the Holy of Holies was less than the arc. I felt like that's like saying that you're the room is not as big as the chest, which is insane to me.
Speaker 4: That that's so. That was one of the miracles that occurred, especially whenever the the high priest needed to go in there and do his thing and offer the incense on the day of a toment. Yep.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, now now I'm gonna do a whole biblical deep dive on that. One wants to wrap up? Thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, you're welcome. It's my pleasure to make you think it really is.
Speaker 2: That's a whole episode, no doubt. And for the record, anybody wants to check out The Cajun Knights Live, go to the patreon dot com slash Cajun Knight link in the description below.
Speaker 1: Niel, I do you anytime I hear the Arcana Covement, I only think about Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad culture so legitimate, Roy says you, being the resident Jewish correspondent to me, being the resident Christian on the show. I'm not mad. When people say Ark of the Covenant, they immediately think Andy and Jones. Granted, there's some historical gaps, and obviously there's some creative liberties that are.
Speaker 4: Taking, but.
Speaker 3: They are accurate, thank you.
Speaker 2: But my point is, though, as far as the arc of the Covenant and the backstore behind it, and when they would touch it, when they would open it. All this, I actually genuinely like the movie, even if they're with the creative liberties, because it does get people's eyes more on the text itself, and I'm here for that.
Speaker 3: It's like the only thing I think about when I think I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: Because I'm a big Indie fan, I don't know, it's just immediately possible.
Speaker 2: Young Harrison Ford, I am.
Speaker 3: I do love Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: Though I'm not gonna shit on. Harrison Ford's a phenomenal actor.
Speaker 1: I love him in every movie even now to this day. I love him in every movie, not in the same context, but still love him as a as an actor.
Speaker 2: Just gotten old fair enough. But yeah, I don't know how many Jewish people got mad at Indiana Jones in the arc of the Covenant and all that. I don't know. I've never asked.
Speaker 4: I think more whether it's fortunate or unfortunate. I think I think more Jews got more frustrated with the Passion than with Indiana Jones.
Speaker 3: What I've never seen the movie The Passion of the Christ.
Speaker 2: No, it's definitely worth a watch, but like I could understand why the Jews have feels some type of way about that, same way the Jews probably feels some type of way about the Chosen series. I get it.
Speaker 4: Well. My father every once in a while tries tries to talk to me about that.
Speaker 1: Show, and I'm like, he loves that show. My mother loves that show. All my friends are like, yeah, just watch it.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So there are some creative liberties that are taken that I am not a fan of. However, as far as the historicity and the showing of the context to especially when it comes to Judaism in the first century AD, a lot of the references that are made in the Bible in the New Testament that a lot of Christians be like, wait, why would he say it like that? Why what is the significance to this? Why is it such a big deal that he did this on this day. It does a good job of showing the painting a picture as far as that goes, So I do enjoy that. But yeah, and also Jonathan Rumey, who is the dude who plays Jesus, is also a member of the organization that I'm a part of too, so I do love that for other regards as well. But yeah, I understand why a lot of Jewish people would probably watch that with some sort of trepidation. I get it. So yeah, So you're saying that the arc of the Covenant with Harrison Ford has gone over a lot better than.
Speaker 4: The Passion of the Christ, which I imagine. So I imagine so there's probably a lot less controversy make any JC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's the ans to reason anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't know the controversy because I haven't seen the movie.
Speaker 4: So of Christianity and Jews, just not.
Speaker 2: Because Jews are the ones that killed Jesus and it's like, yeah, but the Romans are the ones that actually did the all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sounds like the Romans, but at the behest of the Jews.
Speaker 2: And that's and when I say the Jews, I don't mean all of Judaism. I mean specific people within the Temple, And that goes into a whole litany of issues like why Caiaphas, who was the high priest at the time, how did he get to be high priest? Why did he get kicked out almost a year after Jesus was crucified, and that goes into a lot of political dissidents, not so much the Jesus thing, although a lot of people will make it about the Jesus thing.
Speaker 3: And it's okay.
Speaker 2: It's like, I think of DC politics today now put that to about a one hundred times power on all of the things, because the politics are real. But it was religious fervor on the politics of it, and so the smallest things got made into the biggest things. The biggest things got made into monumental things. And it's like, all right, word, yeah, but it all happened the way it was supposed to according to prophecy, which Royce and I have had conversations about those prophecies offline a good bit. And you know, difference of opinions, and I'm not trying to sit here and convert no body. People can do their own research.
Speaker 1: Not completely different, but two different religious backgrounds. So yeah, you're not going to agree upon everything, no, Yeah, I'm just chilling over here.
Speaker 4: Able, Yeah, all enjoyable, no doubt. All right. So numero six, so others suggested the fact that they actually founded are pure olive oil is a miracle in of itself, and that was the miracle of the first day. Others suggest that the stages compare are compare the holiday to the holiday of Sukus, which was the festival of Booth, which is eight days. Others suggest that on the first day we celebrate the victory against the Greeks from whom we rested from the battle. On that day in the America of oil is only relevant to the future seven days and then others suggest that it corresponds to the eight days of Mila was a circumcision, circumcision which were abolished during the rule of Antiochus and now became permitted again. As far as here's just some interesting textual stuff as far as what we do. So on each of the Knights of chronicoll one light, one lights the minoria. The text are part of the text reads blosstart you community world, who was sanctified as with his commandments, and it's commanded us to kindle the Nica lights. In addition, we also make this declaration we candled these lights to commemorate these saving acts, miracles and wonders which you have performed for our forefathers in those days at this time, through you, through your holy priests, throughout the eight days of Khanka. These lights are sacred, and we are not permitted to make use of them, but only to look at them in order to offer thanks and praise, praise your great name, and for your miracles through wonders for reservations. By the way, So the shamish, though, the little the candle that's actually set above is there for two reasons. One it's to quote unquote serve the other ones, like you light the middle one first or the highest one first, and then light the other ones. But also in addition to that, if you were to want to read by these flames, you would actually not be allowed to. So these are holy. We were only supposed to look at them, not make use of them. So if let's say you were to read, you you would be quote unquote making use of the one that's raised above because it's not actually a part of the miracle itself.
Speaker 2: So you can make use of the middle one though, because that's like the others. So if you were to take this out correct and read from it, that's all good the meaning.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let's just say, if you if you held the manora in your hand right, if if there was any light that was being shined, So if you needed to your power went out on Knakha and you wanted to use that to light your way, the one light that you would be getting benefit from would be the one in the center, not the other ones that are around. No shit, because it's because this because the miracle is only to look at it and observe it, not make use of it, as opposed to the shops. Candles that are generally which are generally lit are you are lit to be used for enjoyment and if you need to see by instead of these ones which are not.
Speaker 3: No touchy, no reading.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so everyone understands you can't read by this candlelight even if you lose power, which.
Speaker 2: For the record, you're not supposed to read by candlelight anyway, because it's horrible for your eyes or so like if you didn't.
Speaker 1: Obviously, back in the day they didn't have electricity, so like they just had this off in the corner so they could not let it.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be the center of the table, though, isn't it so?
Speaker 4: No. Interestingly enough, there are rules on the placement of.
Speaker 1: It because we have to have look, we have to have rules about where it's placed, what it's around what it might touch.
Speaker 2: What you might use it for. All right, where can this be?
Speaker 1: Was this like people really bored and just decided to say, fuck you mean a jew? And just like, you know what, we don't have enough rules, so let's implement like nine thousand rules to like you can't even ship a different way because like, man, you better not ship on a certain time and day.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna say a real ship really wow? Pun intended? Is it very much like the Muslims where you can only wipe with your left hand.
Speaker 4: You're wipe with your left your your last dominant hand, and you make sure you're not wipe with the middle finger.
Speaker 1: Are you sure autistic men didn't make this like straight up like, are we one hundred percent certain? Some autistic bros got together and they were like, bro, you know what, let's start some ship.
Speaker 2: He said, you have to wipe with your left hand and you can't use your middle finger.
Speaker 1: Correct the middle Tell me that that's not an autistic person. That like, no, not shitting on anybody that has autism.
Speaker 6: Bout because because that is whenever you wrap your fill in generally that's the finger that it goes off.
Speaker 2: Shut up, O my god, Wait you two, filling goes on the left hand, so it.
Speaker 4: Goes on your your less dominant hand.
Speaker 1: I'm left handed, so you so if you were.
Speaker 6: A man, hold on, wait, so Raven, if you were a man, you would be rapping to fill it on your right hand because.
Speaker 4: Your last left less dominant hand, so.
Speaker 2: You're your right hand an, first off, I can't wipe my left I don't have the coordination. My left hand is basically retarded. Straight up with you.
Speaker 4: You wait, wait what the reason why you say this is because I told you I grew not religious, so like I didn't know all this stuff. I didn't know all this ship literally, so like so I had.
Speaker 1: So you chose to follow all of these rules.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I chose to following rules?
Speaker 2: Yes, well yeah yeah all right, So then your right handed, so you learned how to wipe with their left but not your middle finger.
Speaker 1: Just like not even shitting on anybody that has autism. I'm not at all funny, no, but like real ship, like did they have aspergers? And they like straight up like hyper fixating, was like let's create every fucking rule possible, and like as they went, they're like, you know.
Speaker 2: What, curious what's the autism rates in in in traditional.
Speaker 1: Hebrew, I'm just saying, like man sho, you and the Muslims are battling out for how many how many rules?
Speaker 4: We will go.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, no kidding. Is there any other religion though, that has more rules than juice?
Speaker 2: We have rules, it's just people don't follow them because they're ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You don't have that many rules.
Speaker 3: Like you're literally getting down to like the minute.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the Pagans and their rules. Oh my goodness, if you didn't leave butter on a dish behind your door every day, then like you're asking to be murdered in your sleep.
Speaker 3: To be fair, though, that.
Speaker 1: We're talking about like we can't even use this bitch by candlelight, like fuck you in reading?
Speaker 2: But that middle candle middle right?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 2: Okay, suppause? Where can this bitch be placed?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where in the center?
Speaker 4: There are there are various traditions. There are people that will put it either in the front of the door or by the door to the left of the missou.
Speaker 2: Though okay, okay, it has to be the left.
Speaker 4: You know, do you know what do you know what a is?
Speaker 2: That's the little sideways canted thing where you put a scroll in there with the three letters to basically be like a welcome thing, right and to the Passover. No, so have you ever noticed Jewish people have a thing by their front door? That's it?
Speaker 1: To be fair, I don't think I've ever been into a Jewish home, not one, So I have no idea.
Speaker 4: That it has.
Speaker 2: No, it can't be straight up and down. That's a whole rule. It's got a couple of Jewish letters on it. And correct me if I'm wrong. But this goes back to Passover and the blood over the door and the words that are like welcome you.
Speaker 3: He's making up bullship.
Speaker 2: This is why we have a resident Jewish correspondent.
Speaker 4: So what is it? This one? So it's called a mesa, which literally just means door frame. And there is a portion in the in the tour that says you shall inscribe it upon your your uh the door posts of your house, and upon your gates. So there is a small spigeon of scripture that is written and put in there as a first of ultimates for to do. It's something that we should that Jews should do. Also, it acts as a religious call it a guard or you know way. So it's like.
Speaker 1: It's like, so there is religions where they believe you put a gargoyle out front of your door and it watches for evil spirits and it guards your house against evil spirits.
Speaker 2: I can't talk ship because I wrote a bunch of scripture in the frame of my house while I was being built.
Speaker 3: And people saw their houses.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: I know you've sold.
Speaker 3: Is it a jew thing?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 2: Why does that sound Jewish? Royal?
Speaker 4: Oh? So? So Gargley called it gargoyle because whenever the rain hits the mouth, it sounds like it's gargling.
Speaker 2: Okay, I heard.
Speaker 4: I heard this literally.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't doubt it, but I know that goy is a thing. Now heard gargoyle? Oh no, is this a Jewish thing?
Speaker 4: I didn't know. I didn't even make the reference. That's funny.
Speaker 2: Or like a gollum or or is that the what's the thing? Golam? I'm thinking golam and I'm like, oh God, is this where gargoyle gets his name from?
Speaker 4: Between and mace is one letter? Yep, you would write the word truth on the on the forehead.
Speaker 2: Why not you know we're looking up, you're looking it up right now. The etymology comes actually it comes from Hebrews.
Speaker 1: It comes from the French word. Don't ask me how to pronounce it, because I suck it words. I got fringe, which means throat and reflecting its function as a water spout that directs rainwater away from the building, look at you. The name is also linked to the legend about a dragon called Logog, which was subdued by a priest and whose head was mounted on the church to ward off evil spirits. All right, we're both correct. Suck it. Of course it has to do with a fucking church. And then they want to and then they want to bitch that it's a goddamn pagan thing and Nimii. It's like you fucking bitches.
Speaker 2: Wait Christians, Wait, Christians. So we get to the Christmas episode where so many quote unquote pagan things are actually like super Christian, that the pagan we went.
Speaker 1: We actually got into a heated argument this morning about this actual topic for like a whole hour of research. We're arguing over that Yule and Christian uh pre Christian and Christian background when it comes to history.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, and it's not towards you. It's towards people that think that Christmas is a pagan tradition. Even the things that are.
Speaker 1: Pagan you can't talk about.
Speaker 2: We're on hawk.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I put it on the wrong way right, No, Hanukah, where's that go on?
Speaker 4: It beginning.
Speaker 2: New Cu But yeah, so all the Christians out there, don't worry. You're okay to put your Christmas trees up in your stockings and all the ship it's not pagan. The gargoyles Christian is fucked too. And for the record, so is all of the metal iconography, all the ship, the five sided star with the circle, the pentagraph, super setanic that's actually super Catholic. Momento more is where a lot of the metal iconography gets its it's look from. So like the skulls the ship that people think are super dark, they're just super Catholic. So you know, you can take that with whatever you know, pillar of salt you need. But whatever. Anyway, all right, let's talk about all.
Speaker 4: Right, So, since we are speaking about Hechts during the Schmoanninasterra that is recited three times per day, this text is included. It says, and we thank you for the miracles, for the redemption, for the mighty deeds, for the saving act, and for the wonders which you have wrought for our ancestors in those days at this time, in the days of Madus Yahu, the son of yo Kanan, which is John. There I go. There's another for you, sorry, Jacob. So John is Yohanan.
Speaker 3: He has a step away for just a second.
Speaker 4: Oh fantastic, all right, So I'll get back to the second.
Speaker 13: So in the days of Mantus Yahu, the son of Yochanan, the high priest, the the Hasmony and his sons, when the wicked Helen is a Hellenic government ruse against you and your people Israel, to make them forget your tour and violate your decreasy, your will.
Speaker 4: But you and your abundant mercies stood by them in time of their distress. You wage their battles, defended their rights, and avenged the wrong done to them. You delivered the mighty into the hands of the week, the many into the hands of the few, the impure into the hands of the pure, the wicked into the wicked, into the hands of the righteous, and the wanton sinners into the hands of those who occupied themselves with your Torah. You made a great and holy name for yourself in your world and affected a great deliverance and redemption. If your people is res of the very day, then your children entered the shrine of your house, cleansed your temple, purified your sanctuary, kind of the lightsa your holy courtyards in the institute of these days of Hanukah, to give thanks and praise to your name.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, that's it.
Speaker 1: It's a lot for you.
Speaker 4: So so keep in mind, a prayer book was written by started with the people of the Great Assembly and went through it, and like a prayer book runs the gamut through. Basically, it goes through the it's organized in like morning, afternoon, evening, and then it gets into the festivals of holidays and everything else. Texts are huge, like so, for example, the prayer book just for Russia Shana, camera, is this of itself?
Speaker 2: You read that whole thing during Russia Shana?
Speaker 14: Yes, this is this is this, this is the a liturgy for and that's a festival two day theoretically, Jesus, okay okay o.
Speaker 4: Granted, this looks like it's huge, and it is, but this contains a lot. This contains the entire Torah. It contains the Book of Psalms, it books, another book called the Tanya, and the uh prayer book or that I used in general.
Speaker 2: That is the mathematical symbol for pie. I know it's Greek, but I'm just saying, so.
Speaker 4: Jesus, we have a lot of volumes of volumes and volumes of books of a lucky or Jewish law and prayer in and of itself. Wow, Okay, so one quick thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so intense, You're you're committed. I'm just gonna go dance out outside by firelight.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna pray as I'm mad man man.
Speaker 3: I honestly, I thought this was like they are like one of their key holidays. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: A lot of Americans think.
Speaker 3: So, I really thought this was like a huge holiday for you.
Speaker 1: And this is kind of like a little on the on the scale of actual holidays.
Speaker 6: And there are just many rules of regulations as far as place, as far as what what can we used, what what's done for the holiday in and of itself.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: So, Hanukkah is essentially a day where you you remember the past, the historical reverence in the miracle that took place, and you eat a bunch of fried foods and for eight days and you just kind of it's some family gathering time. But like you're allowed to use electronics. It's not some like the world needs to shut off so I could do this thing. It's like just a thing that you do.
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, okay, very much.
Speaker 2: So that is that's insane. So like Rosha Shana that is the Jewish New Years correct, Yes, and that has happened since as far as we know, the beginning of Jewish time.
Speaker 4: No, I mean just the I mean it definitely was after Moses. Okay, it was after It was after the after the exodus of of Egypt during those during those forty years or whatever. And these are the holidays that God actually uh specified specifically.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me rephrase this. Is there any holidays that pre date Egypt that we know of? Or pretty much everything got written down after Moses after the Exodus?
Speaker 4: Right, Basically all of the laws don't even start until after exodusa I think about the books and the Bibles, like, so, Genesis is basically like the story of creation and then and then it goes up until Jake, uh Joseph goes to Egypt, because that's pretty much how the Book of Accidus starts off, Joseph and his and his brothers being in Egypt, and then Lemiticus numbers Deuteronomy is all about the sacrifices, about the various holidays and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean realistically, as far as that goes, we don't know what was celebrated per Hebrew tradition before Egypt, but I mean it's it's oral Torah that's been passed down. But the oral was codified after Moses, and then it was pretty much started from that.
Speaker 4: Point, right, so that the oral toro, Like there's an idea that our forefathers knew the Torah, but it wasn't even brought down up until Moses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So as far as that goes, the main holidays, the big ones that like the massive observance and the not doing anything electronically or whatever else, there's only I think you said four of these.
Speaker 4: Three of these so basically three. So you have Russia Shana, which is the Jewish New Year, yep. You have jam Kipper, which is the day of Atonement.
Speaker 12: You have.
Speaker 4: Sukus, which is right next to that holiday, which is the festival of booze and then like passover. Like, so these are the main the main main ones, right.
Speaker 2: And then y'all also have like probably fifty different holidays there celebrated throughout the year, just to a smaller.
Speaker 4: Scale us really really so uh that's brilli about it really only two. I mean, so the major holidays it is we have we have Russia, Shana's uh young Kipper, Circus, and then at the end of that.
Speaker 2: Is a minor holiday as compared to it's just right next to so it kind of gets coupled into No, that's so.
Speaker 4: That's also kind of a part. So the the high holidays comprise of those three Russiasiana, You, Kipper, and Circus and because on the end well and then right, but that's a different part of the year. But I'm saying, like those three are.
Speaker 2: All in a month period of time, got you, So September y'all go hard as fuck?
Speaker 4: Basically it is you get spiritual jet lag because like you'll you'll have work for a day and then you'll be off for two days, and you'll be work for day a day and then off for two days. Is because of the way the calendars work.
Speaker 2: Gotcha? Interesting? Okay, and then you have two minor holidays that are celebrated, but they're not like that big of a deal. They're just a thing that you do.
Speaker 4: Well, I would call it that tonic is big. I would say it almost one like so kaka maybe the new Year for trees like conks really aren't only other minor holidays. The other ones are basically biblically mandated.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: And then and then I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Perham and Conica are the two minor festivals as opposed to the other ones, which are the major holidays.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, So all right, as we've gotten the backstory to Hankkah, the historical reference all the things, how the fuck do you play with the top?
Speaker 4: All right, so don't break it.
Speaker 2: It's porcelain. It's yet a big.
Speaker 4: One, all right. So the way you play it is the that it stands for mace gadol hyah sean wick basie means a great miracle happened there And all right, so yes, correct that one would be number two. So that's number one correct, correct, one, one, three, three and four four correct.
Speaker 7: Okay, So with the with letter number one, yeah, you don't get anything that's Newton sounds basically sends for nothing okay, the next one you get half okay, the third one, the third one you get everything, and the fourth one you put in.
Speaker 2: And so when you say put in, because I know there's coins that are associated with this, so does everybody any up before the spin happens?
Speaker 4: It's really how are you gonna one? There's the only rules for for dradle are what the symbols mean whenever you play it. If you want to, any of you before that put whatever. That's pretty much about it. It's just those four symbols. So you don't get anything, you get half, you get all of it, or you have to put in.
Speaker 2: So somebody just get all of it. And then you hit a you get half, you get nothing because there's nothing in the pot.
Speaker 4: Basically, So I imagine every person spins. So on turn one, I spin and I get the first one. You don't. You don't get anything, and then it's the next person. Then you add more coins. Yeah, and then the next person spins.
Speaker 2: And so everybody adds coins between spins.
Speaker 4: Yes, got you?
Speaker 2: Okay? Dope? So there's any essentially, and I know every house has their own house rules, but essentially everybody throws in a coin before each spin. So yes, you get all, you get half, you get nothing. And then the other one you said was you put in damn? Okay, so this game can go on all day if it plays.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, for sure. And then you definitely add your your your Iconica guilt.
Speaker 2: Your Hanka guilt.
Speaker 4: Delt g e lt that's like, that's the for the for the money is gelt ge Okay.
Speaker 2: The term for money is gelt g e l t.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, So for any of the cult members watching here, so just we're all clear. This one that looks like an L with a little kind of weird notch cut in the bottom, that's good everything everything.
Speaker 4: Yes, so one is half. So that first one is nothing. That's that one half.
Speaker 2: So the pie symbol that looks like it is missing a chunk, that's half. This is nothing.
Speaker 4: This that that one is getting everything.
Speaker 3: This is get everything. This one gets nothing, and that one is put in correct?
Speaker 4: Correct, I got it.
Speaker 3: One of us can follow directions.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm Christian, but we might start playing this game for Christmas presents. I'm down. You put in half, you get everything.
Speaker 3: I mean I like to gamble, so fuck it.
Speaker 1: Is there any other traditions that are inherent to Hankkah besides these two specific things.
Speaker 4: I mean, so really radal and and gel for the for the child coins. The oil is the dots and and donuts, and that's really about it.
Speaker 2: Is fried chicken considered Hanika kosher.
Speaker 4: So I had something pulled up as far as the fact that we mostly eat dairy on this holiday because there was a miracle that was done. Basically there was a a Jewish, the Jewish were under siege and there was one of actually the daughter of yoking on the priests. She basically went out to his tent and like seduced him, said Hey, I'm gonna give you all all this this milk milk to drink, and he got drunk off of it, and he like fell asleep. But she beheaded him.
Speaker 2: So real quick, all this milk to drink and he got drunk off of it. Is there like inferences being made here? We're talking about like fermented milk, like the Mongols drink. What are we talking about here?
Speaker 15: So I know that I'm just asking there was another story that involves a milk story that there was for sure a sexual inference.
Speaker 4: Uh, this one. It probably happened. I'm not sure if if that went, but for sure he just drank enough milk and ate enough cheese and dairy to where he just you know, passed out and then he got beheaded.
Speaker 1: And then he got aheaded.
Speaker 2: These women with their women I was trying to seduce me with their milk, and that would be tried keeping it together. I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, that would be.
Speaker 6: The reason why why we we have a customer to eat dairy because there was ale.
Speaker 4: There's a few miracles that were performed with milk.
Speaker 1: I'm confused. We so an old girl potentially may or may not have had sexual relations with said man and then beheaded him after using milk.
Speaker 4: So how is that a miracle or what is because because it because it revolved around because the miracle revolved around milk. Obviously we're not worshiping the milk, just the fact that it happens with milk.
Speaker 1: Probably, so the miracle is beheading this man.
Speaker 4: Because here was any of the Jewish people. Yes, he was like a general.
Speaker 3: So we're celebrating like killing money.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, also ice cream a thing can get y'all can get down on.
Speaker 4: Well, I see no problem why wouldn't.
Speaker 2: She a celebration where we're eating donuts, beignetes and fried ice cream.
Speaker 1: Look your fast self, I was gonna say, your fat as self is going to be there gambling and.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, you're only be so down with a holiday to which I have no actual ties, but like ship, sign me up, dude, I love this and there's gifts involved, which correct me from.
Speaker 1: All she said on the thing that they don't it, she said, false, They don't actually still.
Speaker 6: Say gifts are given, but I mean each family does it their own way.
Speaker 1: Do you do gifts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean my family doesn't. Like I'm the only religious one in my family that I.
Speaker 3: Was going to ask you that.
Speaker 1: You're the only Jewish person in your family.
Speaker 4: No, I'm the only religious one in my family. My mother is Jewish, my grandmother Jewish, my aunt are Jewish, but they are. My mother is extreme crazy Christian. As we talked about on the cult.
Speaker 2: So you remember talking about it, Yes, I remember. I remember.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I totally forgot. Yeah, no, I forgot. Okay, okay, okay, Well is how are you ended up with Judaism?
Speaker 3: Okay? Or just because you're heritage.
Speaker 4: Because of my heritage.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm asking personal questions.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just curious as to why you'd pick a religion with nine thousand million.
Speaker 2: Jewish correspondent.
Speaker 4: He is an open book, so because all it a soul thing. Like as I went, I was so I was never actually comfortable in the church itself. And then once my mother told me that I was Jewish and we started going to ah, we started we started going to a messianic place like I felt like I was at home Ish but almost there and not and not there yet. And then basically, once I found it worth, I'm like, this is it? And then I found the rules in stricture and structure comforting, and it just saw me that my soul called to I.
Speaker 3: Can understand that I have a on the other side of that coin, I how do I want to wear this?
Speaker 2: I want to say, what are you about to say?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: Raven I?
Speaker 1: So I'm on an interesting path of my own of what I believe or not believe. I'm not anywhere near what I want. I will say though, that when I'm within a church, I feel a deep, deep discomfort, which I don't mind for anyone else. My family is very religious all my friends are very religious, and I have no problem doing these things.
Speaker 3: I will say, though, when I am.
Speaker 1: Out in nature and doing more wild heathenistic things, I guess you could say I feel more comfort and more.
Speaker 3: Attuned to my nature.
Speaker 2: Sure, everybody's got their house of worship indeed, and trees are a wonderful house of worship by my dad.
Speaker 4: I have two more videos that we can get to, and I think you'll enjoy at least one of them and laugh your asshof on the second.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go, oh South Park, I love it. We're just gonna sit back and enjoy some holiday songs.
Speaker 12: And if you don't like it, well, I guess you can suck my tiny little bows.
Speaker 2: So let's start off with a passive.
Speaker 12: Hanakah song sung by my favorite Jewish person in.
Speaker 4: The whole world.
Speaker 12: Okay, you're my little brother, so I have to show you how to celebrate Hanakah. This is called it Drado. You spin it and see where it lands, and you sing this song. I have a little trader. I made it out of clay, and when it's drying ready with Dradel, I shall clay, oh drade, old Jadel Jadel. I need you Ida Clay Tradle Chadle Jadle with Tradle, I shall play.
Speaker 4: Hey, what the hell are you doing? Oh?
Speaker 12: Hey, cartman, we're playing Tradle.
Speaker 4: Do you want to try?
Speaker 12: Sure, here's a nattle trader that's not in Nato Clay, but I'm not gonna play with it because Trader's breaking game.
Speaker 2: Hey, shoot your mouth, fat.
Speaker 9: Ass, juice.
Speaker 12: Play stupid games, Juice. That's why they're Nadle Tad Tader Jill.
Speaker 9: I made you.
Speaker 12: Addle play stupid cato tado tado jue with Trado, I shall play.
Speaker 9: That's why they're day.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 12: Oh it's that honka thing.
Speaker 4: It's too amazing.
Speaker 12: You spend this thing on the ground and it goes mending. Man, I can watch it to day.
Speaker 9: Let me try it.
Speaker 12: I'll try to make its man and Bell I'll try again. Ho Tadle Chado Trader, I made you Audo Clay Trado Tado Trader, Well, Trad shall again trade? You ladle play stupid tato tad Trader.
Speaker 2: I shall.
Speaker 12: That's why the ladder le play stupid tato tatle Trader Joe. I shall, Yeah, that's why they're gay.
Speaker 9: Hello boys him, Oh, how precious.
Speaker 1: You boys are? Role playing draddles.
Speaker 12: Now, you know the dradle is the time on the tradition that the Hebrew people, Yes, we.
Speaker 4: Do miss Paddowski.
Speaker 12: It's so very interesting now when you are to make the draid will spin no always winked spinning barn to the raidle spin the stipid girl jingle always wink why they name?
Speaker 3: Oh hi dad, Hello, everybody?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 2: Can I join in?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 12: I have a little trader. I need it out of clay. And when it's trying ready with trader, I shall everybody chad okadle NiPd Joe Locato, I shall wait Plato, tadle Joe, jail nipping Julia, shall court me cous you your soul. Oh yeah, we're singing about a draddle.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, we'll talk about this later show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So I was gonna ask about that. I've heard the south Park song before. Is that a song that is actually sang while the dradel is played, or is that literally just for the.
Speaker 4: Movies radl dredd D I mean, is literally a song?
Speaker 2: No ship south Park just doesn't miss holy shit. And of course Cartman's being the anti semite as you would see. But anyway, all right, wow, So oh, all the good cult members that have never seen South Park. First of all, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Check it out. It's great anyway. Secondly, Mariah Carey, Oh so.
Speaker 4: This is true, but it's worth it.
Speaker 10: I don't want a lot for Christmas.
Speaker 1: There is just one thing, honey.
Speaker 10: I don't care about the prisons underneath the Christmas tree. I just want you for my own, not than you could ever know.
Speaker 9: Make my wish country want for Christmas.
Speaker 10: June Jet ask for much this Christmas.
Speaker 9: I don't even wish for snow.
Speaker 10: Just wanted to horn show businesses Field for Stiller, Verry go. I will make a mistenstentes of my choices for seeing me Sam, and just to.
Speaker 16: Work the boys with Hochte. I just want to u you night, holding onto me so time I'll say sac affronted.
Speaker 9: For Christmas.
Speaker 17: Juice Minora like shines run everywhere, and the fifth months office makes two billion days.
Speaker 9: They may have killed our savior.
Speaker 1: That's not the best behavior.
Speaker 17: That's okay, here roll again three days then now chrismin enter Da.
Speaker 9: I don't want to lave for Christmas.
Speaker 17: Gentle boys are such a bur Colvin Waltman call babies.
Speaker 10: These are names that I adore. I just want chosen longs. He propos are so much fun.
Speaker 9: Made my wish come true love for Christmas on Christmas.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so many things to break down here. First off, when she broke out with the Jews and the two backup dancers had shalom Uh, that was funny as hell. Also side Tangent didn't know zach Efron was a Jew, although out loud now that I've heard the last name Efron in this context obviously, but like wow, didn't know, oh man. And then she brought the whole thing with Jesus and the Yep, that was a That was a whole thing, and it was about the money because gold diggers be digging. You know what, Royce, I appreciate the hell out of you for this, for coming on the show to discuss Hanukkah and your people and your tradition and how even got to the point of celebrating Hanukkah, because again, I feel like most people don't really know the backstory. So I am glad that we on the Cult Conspiracy were able to talk about this as I want to say, unbiased, because that's not true. As we had these songs as the altro. Oh my god. Anyway, Ravenlee had to take off for a moment. She's got something she's got to do. But either way it goes. Royce, thank you so much for coming on the show and discussing your culture, your heritage, your beliefs, and your hanakoh hanikkah hanukah. Yeah, thank you for coming on and discussing your Hankka traditions with everybody. And I think we all learned something today. I could be wrong. Maybe the people heard this and have developed even more of a hatred for the Jewish people. I hope not. I hope everybody at least took this with a little bit of appreciation. And I don't know, the dredo sounds fun. I actually, even though I'm a Christian, I might find ways to implement that in my children. Any holiday where there's drinking and gambling involved. It sounds like a riff snorting good time to me. I don't know. I don't know, but hell yeah, bro, especially with the fried donuts and everything too. I feel like that's a tradition that we could all get behind. Up Here comes raven Lee. Perfect time. We are about to close out this episode. We just played the South Park Honkkah song and apparently there's a Mariah Carey all up for Christmas is Jews version of the song, and that's a whole thing. So you know, it's an excellent way to end this episode. Royce, once again, thank you so much for being our resident Jewish correspondent, for coming on and discussing honika with us to the level that you have. I think we've all learned something here. For anybody that would like to reach out to you, I don't know if you want to put your information out there or not, but you know, the floor is yours. If there's anything you would like to shamelessly plug, if nothing.
Speaker 4: Else, well, if you want to email me, it's Royce the Yid Frasier with the dot in between every word at gmail dot com. So Royce dot dot dot Frasier dot at gmail dot com. And uh, do you want to talk to me? Give me that way?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, yeah. Once again, to shameless plug our own things. If you would like to get your start in the buying and selling and trading of gold and silver, bully, and then what you need to do is go to CEC Silver dot com. Royce, our Jewish correspondent has obviously, as we talked about earlier in the episode, been a member of it for quite some time. Listen, talk to your financial advisor, to talk to your CPA, your accountant, whoever is handling your retirement, and ask them if they think precious metals is a wise investment for your future. I promise you they are all going to say that at least a portion of your retirement portfolio needs to be invested and gold in precious metals. So're bullyon all the things, all the stuff. Best place to get your start video to cecsilver dot com at this time and get your start today. Link is in the description below, but without any other real shameless plugs I could think of. As of this episode goes, I think this is an excellent way for us to start our holiday season, our holiday week. Tomorrow, we're gonna have more fun and wildness. The next day, we're gonna have more fun and wildness. I can't wait to get into more the thick of the conversation. I think Haneko is a great way to start. So for anybody that would like to see what we are talking about, Like I said, go to Patreon dot com, slash called it the Conspiracy Podcasts. It's the only way to get the video access as well as after listening and all the things, all the stuff. But in another ways you could support the show, would be too. Please hit the five stars, hit the shares, the life, subscribes comments we're proposed to be reviewing, shares, hit their friends and family share, I say, we're here's the deal. The more activity the algorithm sees across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted to more potential listeners who could become cult members like yours, you Finally's and gentlemen, why are you aready? Go check out The Menimistics, Jonathan's other show and give him the same lover respect over there with the five star views on the positivity in the comments. Come check out The Cage to Night, and come joint each of us for our individual Patreon lives we host every Wednesday night nine pm, so tra links to those during the description as well. And we thank you for everybody wh's already gone and done so. And with all of this being said, this was another beautiful episode of the Cult of Conspiracy and I am the Cage to Night. And there's one very important extremely vital piece of information. We need your lard just as soon as humanly possible.
Speaker 4: What a bay of b