Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited for a comedy call right now with Carl Jenetto. He is going to be in Sooup Fall, South Dakota. Carl, first of all, excited to chat with you. How are you doing, man.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I'm just happy to be on here with you.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about this. First of all, you're a fairly young man. How old are you, Carl?
Speaker 2: I am twenty eight.
Speaker 3: And how long have you been doing stand up comedy?
Speaker 2: I started doing stand up when I was fourteen years old, So whatever that comes.
Speaker 1: To that is awesome. And that's what I was looking online. I'm like, this guy's been doing comedy since he was like a kid. What made you decide at fourteen that you're going to get up on a stage and tell silly jokes to people?
Speaker 2: Well, I can't really do anything else, John, I.
Speaker 3: Mean a good answer. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: I mean it's probably the same reason you got.
Speaker 3: Into radio, right, Yeah, well, yeah, exactly. I got a face for radio. That's why. That's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now let's talk about your humor. Do people ever compare you to like a famous comic of any kind and they say, you're kind of remind me of this guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, in comparison in comedy is rough, because I mean, individuality is the best way to go. But I'm pretty I'm pretty conversational on stage. I talk a lot about my relationship stories from my life and a lot a lot of relationships stuff lately because I just got engaged.
Speaker 3: Oh congratulations, that's awesome, very very happy for you.
Speaker 2: When my wife finds out she can be serious.
Speaker 1: Say, look at this guy, Carl Carl did. All right, So now you're going to be in Sue Falls. Let's talk about where you're going to be in Sue Falls.
Speaker 3: This is kind of cool. I haven't been to a comedy show here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to be a Boston's restaurant and sports bar.
Speaker 1: And it's in the Ramata in Sioux Falls. At Boston's. Now, do you know have they done other comedy shows in there? Because I've not been to a comedy show at Boston's.
Speaker 2: I don't believe show. I think this is the first time and they're trying something new. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe it's free cover too.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's even better. What's the date of the show?
Speaker 2: That is this Friday, July eleventh?
Speaker 1: That, yeah, Friday the eleventh, That looks right, well, that is pm, seven pm.
Speaker 3: Very very cool. I am excited for that.
Speaker 1: And again, it's at Boston's, which a lot of folks maybe don't even know where that is. Boston's is fairly new in sout Falls, but it's on Russell and West, right on the corner of Russell and West, across the street from the Sewuit Falls Arena, in the same facility as the Ramata. Now, there was a sports bar there for many, many, many years. It's been Boston's Pizza now or Boston's Restaurant for maybe a year or so. And I'm excited that they're going to start doing some comedy from time to time and you get to be the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that's and this is actually my first time doing stand up in South Dakota, so that's that's exciting too.
Speaker 1: We're excited to have you here. Now, where are you from we're talking on the phone right now for somewhere else where in the world.
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 2: I'm about five hours away from you, John. I live in Marshalltown, Iowa.
Speaker 3: Wow. That's a nice area, beautiful area.
Speaker 2: Too bad, it's not too bad. It's hot right now.
Speaker 1: But have you been to South Dakota before? Or this would be your first trip to South Dakota too.
Speaker 2: I've driven through South Dakota a lot with like family vacations and being on the road. Never never stopped in South Dakota for anything more than gas. But this will be my being my first time doing stand up in South Dakota.
Speaker 1: We're working forward to excited to have you stop here for more than gas, and I hope you fall in love and want to move here because it's a great.
Speaker 3: Place to live. Now.
Speaker 2: I'm always looking you know.
Speaker 1: Something that you got to try when you're in town. And I always have people that say, why do you always tell everybody about this? But it's so fascinating me. I grew up in South Dakota. I thought this was everywhere. There's a product here, there's a food here called chis Lick. And chances are if you've not been to South Dakota. You've never heard of it before, but it's little pieces of meat that are cut up in deep fat, fried and seasoned.
Speaker 3: It is delicious.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if they don't have that at Boston's, because I think Boston's is a chain. But while you're in town, you have to look for chis lick and try it and then you'll thank me later.
Speaker 3: How's that sound cheerslick.
Speaker 2: That's great because I just I was just at my doctor today and he gave me a shot, so I don't catch chis lick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, you're already immune. You're good to go.
Speaker 1: So it does kind of sound like something you would catch, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: There's something that you'd want to avoid.
Speaker 1: You don't want to avoid it though it's very very good and less of course, it's meat, so if you're a vegetarian then you'll probably avoid it.
Speaker 3: But it is very very very good.
Speaker 2: Sounds delicious, deep fried whatever I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's typically beef around here, officially chis lick. I'm doing air quotes here. It's officially lamb. But in the Seria a lot of people don't do the lamb. You can find that at some places, but a lot of the time in the Sioux Falls area, you'll find chislick as beef chislick.
Speaker 3: So but what you're here to be got in town about.
Speaker 2: They'll be in town for about twenty four hours. It looks like you got one of my meals planned for me.
Speaker 3: There you go. You gotta try it.
Speaker 1: It is fantastic and excited to see you when you're in town on Friday. Is this Friday, the eleventh of July. And we connected like a week ago, two weeks ago, and I'm glad we finally got a chance to connect to talk on the radio, and we're excited to have you come to Sue Falls.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to it. I hope I see you at the show.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's gonna be a darn good time this Friday, seven pm.
Speaker 3: Did I write that down? Ryan?
Speaker 2: That's correct?
Speaker 1: Seven pm at Boston's in Sioux Falls. And again that is in the Ramata in Sioux Falls. If you're going, where in the world is Boston's. Yeah, it's fairly new there, but get out check it out. And again seven pm and you'll get a chance to hear Carl. And I'm excited to hear Carl because what I know so far, I like Carl. You seem like a fun guy. So excited to see on Friday.
Speaker 3: Night, my friend, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Don't forget free.
Speaker 3: There you go even better.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna come out and have fun and you'll be able to enjoy some delicious food. I don't know if they have chizlick at Boston's. I should know that, but I don't. But you'll whatever they do have, you're gonna love.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be good. Carl, thanks for your time, my friend, John, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw a link to make it easy to find all the information at Facebook dot com slash Sue False Comedy and Facebook dot com slash Sunny.
Speaker 3: Radio and Something you Should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldra dot com.
Speaker 3: Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard.
Speaker 1: Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at Genesisgoldira dot com