Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. One of the most common questions I get is if I can help patients with autoimmune disease. And we see lots of patients with autoimmune disease, and the good news is most of these conditions can be reversed. The one autoimmune disease of the brain that we see the most is called multiple sclerosis or MS. MS is basically where the body is attacking the brain and attacks the miling sheep, which is the insulation of the nerves. It's basically fat. So if you ever have MS, the most important thing is to have a lot of fat, good healthy fat. Olives. Eat a lot of olives, avocado, walnuts, chia seeds, fish, coconut oil, good healthy fat. You gotta have a lot of it because those nerves love the fat. When MS, the own immune system is attacking the nerves and the brain and you get these white lesions. And if you have multiple white lesions or patches. Then they're going to diagnose you with MS, and you could get a wide variety of symptoms. You might have some balance problems, some walking problems, some memory problems, some brain fog, visual problems. There's a lot of different issues with MS, and when it gets really bad, you might even need to be in a wheelchair. Usually occurs with middle aged women, you know, thirty forty fifty years old. It's the most common age and gender that we see with MS, and a lot of times I see it with patients who come from southern latitudes, you know, whether it's Africa or India, or the Caribbean or South America. So when we have immigrants that come from a southern latitude and they have darker skin, more melanin that prevents the sun from being absorbed. So when they come up north, now they have less sun absorption and they're gonna get less vitamin D. And if you have us vitamin D, that puts you more at risk for MS. So if you have multiple sclerosis, rule number one, increase fat, Rule number two, increase vitamin D. Vitamin D is super important. Actually it's not a vitamin, it's a hormone. It affects your thyroid, it affects your immune system, your brain function. There's been research that's shown that you are more likely to develop Alzheimer's when your vitamin D levels are lower. So don't wait till your memory goes to start working on your vitamin D. The time is now. And don't just get some random vitamin D from CBS, the Vitamin Shop, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's. Don't go to these supermarkets and think you're going to get quality vitamins. I only suggest one company for vitamin D, which is apex Energetics. That's what I take, So I suggest for my family, and that's what I recommend for my patients. But Vitamin D super important with MS, super important with thyroid problems, super important for your immune system. You know, when they were in the middle of COVID nineteen, it was people that were vitamin D deficient that got it the worst. You never heard that though, So when they said stay inside, stay inside, they said, no way, you gotta go outside. That's where the vitamin D is outside, that's the sunlight. It was ridiculous. Whatever they told me to do, I did the opposite. They tell me to stay inside, I'm going outside. They tell me not to visit grandma and grandpa. I'm visit grandma and grandpa. They close the gems. I'm working out more. They report all these depths on the news. I'm turning off the television. Why do you want to sit at home panic, eating your free donut, worrying about the world dying from a pandemic. You think that's gonna help you heal you. I'd rather go outside, get some oxygen. The disease was spreading inside. But yet they're saying go inside. Interesting, Vitamin D prevents it, so stay out of the sun. Interesting. Your immune system gets weakened when you don't have love. And when you don't can't hug somebody and hold their hands and kiss them. And what do they tell you stay six feet away from everybody. It's very interesting. You're almost benefit by doing opposite of what they tell you. And I learned that at an early age with the food pyramid. The food pyramid is where the I want you to eat the least foods on the top, which is the fat, and then they want to eat the most foods on the bottom, just all the cereals and the grains and the dairies. It's exact opposite. I want to have more fat and less grains. The food pyramid will get you obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and Alzheimer's. No thanks, I'm not listening to what they said. I learned that at a very early age. I was thirteen years old when I learned this, and I used to eat like everybody else, Pizza and ice cream and soda and twigs and kit kat and cookies and cake and sandwiches and pasta. That was my diet. I was sick, I was obese, I had acne, I had chronic bronchitis. The doctor put me on steroids and antibiotics for my bronchitis, but the medication made me more sick than the disease. I got all congested, I got nauseous, started throwing up all the time, I got brain fog. So I thought to myself, there has to be something else. I can't go along with this main stream, this modern medical model. It was not working for me. Luckily, my dad took me to a seminar called natural hygiene, and one of the first things I learned was that dairy causes lung congestion. And I was desperate. I hated this medicine. The medicine made me so sick. I hated it, so I quit dairy and within one month I reversed my chronic bronchitis of years and I didn't even need to take the medicine anymore. At thirteen years old, I cured myself of a chronic condition and my pediatrician made me worse. So I thought, I know more than my own doctor. So I owe it to the world to learn about natural health care and how to prevent these and how to reverse it in a holistic way. And I was going to share that knowledge with the world. And now I'm forty six years old. It's thirty three years later, and luckily I have a job where I can help people every day improve their health and their well being. So I am blessed. You always want to find a job that you love. The worst phrase in the world is thank God it's Friday. That means you're not satisfied with your life. The phrase we want to say is thank God it's a Monday. It's a blessing to be alive. I love my life. We need that paradigm shift that when I earned learned early on that you can actually reverse disease, and I wanted to share that knowledge. I did a lot of research, and I found out that not only did quitting dairy help me reverse my chronic bronchitis, so I didn't have to take those harmful medications of the steroids and the antibiotics. But now I found out that dairy is one of the leaning causes of autoimmune disease, which includes MS multiple sclerosis. So if you have multiple sclerosis, you should not have any dairy products. No yogurt, no butter, no cheese, no milk, no creamer, no creamy sauces, no cream cheese, no sour cream, no cottage cheese, no dairy, no ice cream, pizza and every day put it on salad, they put it on sandwiches. Can have any dairy. If you have MS and you want to reverse it, you can get rid of that diagnosis. Okay, So you gotta increase fat, increase vitamin D D decrease or eliminate dairy. You also want to eliminate gluten, which causes autoimmune disease. Glutens everything wheat, rye, barley, basta, crackers, breads, pastries, candy, It's everywhere, all right, stay away from all that packaged foods. Most of it's got gluten, corn corns all over the place. You know, it's in all the oils and the dressings. It's in, you know, just not only including corn in the can and the corn on the cob and kernels of corn, but there's corn chips and corn tortillas and popcorn, and I mean corn's everywhere. If you have a mess, you gotta stay away from corn. Soy. Soy's all over the place. So he messes up your autoimmune disease. Soy is messing up your hormones and your estrogen. There's soy sauce, soy beans, you know, all the fake vegetarian stuff and the tofu, you know, and there's some possible meat stuff and a lot of the protein shakes and soy protein and the bars. It's oh my god, the soy is everywhere. You must avoid it if you have a mess. Very important. Coffee. We have to avoid coffee. Stop having that dunkin donuts at Starbucks. Not only is a bad for autoimmune disease, but it's bad for your health, especially if you have anxiety, if you have difficulties sleeping, and that hot coffee brings all the chemicals from the cups that you're gonna start drinking all these plastics. It's very dangerous. And the last thing is alcohol. We don't need alcohol. Don't be like, oh, I just have a glass of wine after dinner on Friday night, I have a few beers. You know, live a life without alcohol. You're literally your brain cells. And if you want to reverse MS, I don't want to have something that's going to kill my brain cells. That way I will function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two one two six one two one five zero, or email info at kaplinbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplin, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Let's talk gluten. Everyone's like, what's the deal with gluten? Everyone wants to know. Can I eat gluten? Shouldn't I eat gluten? Should I have gluten free products? Why is gluten so bad? You know what my parents always say, Oh, you had bread growing up and you were fine. Well, first of all, I wasn't fine. I had chronic bronchitis and obesity. And number two, the bread wasn't as bad back in the seventies and eighties as it is now. And one of the major causes is glyphasaate. They just spray this wheat with glypha sate glypa sate aka round up, round up. You know, it's like this chemical that prevents the bugs from eating the wheat, and they spray it on the wheat and the corn and the soy you all our fruits and veggies. Glifa saate is banned in almost every country, but here in America we got people that literally just spraying it all over the lawn where their kids are running around, their dogs and pets are running around, and they're literally spraying this toxic chemical that has been proven to cause cancer. And Monsanto, who own uns glycassate or round Up, it's actually not Monsanto anymore, as Bayer, the pharmaceutical company. That's interesting, right, So now this pharmaceutical company buys Monsanto, which is causing all these diseases, autoimmune disease and all this cancers and all these inflammation and brain disorders. So they cause the disease and now they have the pharmaceuticals which are going to cure the disease. So they caused the problem and now they got the solution. So they're double dipping. They're taking advantage of you being sick. So when you stop buying their food, you stop having to take their pharmaceuticals, stay away from round Up. You have to buy organic, Buy organic food that's not sprayed all these chemicals, and even organic cast chemicals. So when you get home, take your fruit and veggies, put it in a big bowl, put a bunch of bacon, soda in there. Let it soak the bacon, so it's going to take out all the chemicals and then clean it off and then store it in glass. Don't store your stuff in plastics. The plastics leak into the food. Don't drink water from plastics. The plastics leak into the water. These plastics are endocrine disruptors. These chemicals cause inflammation. You can actually lose weight just by not just by not having plastics. Don't store all your foods in plastics. Don't microwave with plastics. That's the worst. I don't care if it's as microwaveable safe. Uh huh. Don't even use the microwave ever, there's no need to it. It denatures your food, It ruins water. You can't get hydrated with microwaved water. You can't get your nutrients with microwaved food. And then if you stand next to the microwave, you little on just radiating your body. Don't ever microwave anything. Okay, you could use a toaster oven to heat up your food, put it on bake, broil, toast, warm up. You could do whatever you want with that, and that's safe. Microwaves are not safe. You can to reduce your radiation there's so much radiation. Stop wearing all these Apple watches and these Bluetooth air pods. Only swoop devices measuring you know how you well you're sleeping, you know what? Any devices on you are near you when you're sleeping. So much Wi Fi you're going to do a Starbucks. It's like taking an X ray. Everybody's on the computer, on the Wi Fi, all these signals. When you're in the city, it's a million times worse. Stay away from the antennas, five G towers, the electricity towers. If you have your phone on, you turn it on airplane mode. We don't need all this radiation. When you're up, you need your devices at least six inches away from you. When you're sleeping, you needed at least six feet away from you. Start thinking about that. You don't want all these devices radiating your body, and especially don't be talking on the phone. Putting your phone next to your ear and your data is on, and your five g's on and your WiFi is on. You want brain cancer. Stop putting the fune next to your ear. Get an old school wire headset or use speaker phone. You have to reduce radiation right now. Getting back to gluten, right, so it's not necessarily just the gluten. So I have patients with siliac disease. That's another autoimmune disease. So MS is autoimmune disease that attacks the brain. Siliac disease is autoimmune disease that attacks the gut. It's a gluten sensitivity, meaning your body can't handle gluten. However, it seems to be our bodies can't handle glyphosate, they can't handle the genetically modified wheat products. So a lot of the autoimmune disease is actually just going to occur in America. So when I have a patient with siliac disease, they've actually reported to me they've gone to Italy and had gluten by accident and had no reaction at all, while here it would be an emergency and they don't understand. And I say it's because they're not spraying it with the glyco say the roundup. They're not using genetically modified seeds, they're not cross breeding, and they're used in the same grains they've used for thousands of years. Their bodies are used to it. Our bodies are not used to these wheat products. So if you have a gluten sensitivity. You must avoid wheat, rye, and barley. Those are the big three. However, what I found in America, if you have siliac disease, if you have gluten sensitivity, you should be gluten free. However, you should not eat gluten free products. And what I mean by that is, yes, you don't want to have gluten. You don't want to have the bread and the pasta, and the crackers and the cereals, and the candies and the cakes and the toast and the muffins and the pastries. Right, you want to avoid all that gluten, but also avoid all the gluten free products. Just because you're gonna be gluten free doesn't mean you should eat gluten free. Don't eat the gluten free bread and the gluten free pasta, and the gluten free cookies and the gluten free cake and all that crap. It's all horrible. It all aggravates your autoimmune disease. Have you ever heard of gluten free broccoli?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of a gluten free orange?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: So, if you have autoimmune disease like siliac disease or MS multiple sclerosis, don't eat gluten, but don't eat gluten free. Gluten free also has bad inflammatory products as well. And remember there are six foods you need to avoid if you have autoimmune disease. Wheat right, the gluten dairy including yogurt and butter.
Speaker 4: Corn including pop corn, tortilla chips.
Speaker 2: Soy including tofu and animam, Coffee including caffeinated and decalf and alcohol everything liquor but wine beer. Those are the big six for autoimmune disease that you need to avoid to function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and svent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin, and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. There are a lot of different types of autoimmune disease. One of the most common types is Hashimoto's disease, and that is a autoimmune disease of the thyroid which creates hypothyroidism. Now, hashimotos is the number one cause of a thyroid problem. So many people will go to the doctor and they'll check their blood work. What's called your TSH thyroid stimulating hormone. Now, if the TSH is very high, that indicates there's an underactive thyroid. Because if there's an underactive thyroid, the brain says, I need to stimulate this hormone. So that's why it's called TSH thyroid stimulating hormone. But it's so if you have low thyroid your TSH is gonna be high because you want to produce more. Now if it's low, right, If your TSH is low, that means you have hyper thyroid because what we wanted. The brain says, Hey, if I'm hyper and I'm overactive, I want to keep it low so I don't keep going overactive. Now, what most endocrinologists and most medical doctors will do is give you a hypothyroid medication if it's low, and a hyper thyroid medication if it's high. That's it. What a functional doctor does. What I do at my offices in New Jersey, New York as well as our virtual patients as well. What we do is do a thorough analysis, a thorough evaluation and figure out, Okay, why is your thyroid off? Why is your thyroid high or low? Is it coming from your petuitary? We see that a lot. And if it's coming from the petuitary that requires one type of therapy, is it coming from the thyroid that requires a different type of therapy? Is it autoimmune disease that requires a completely different way of looking at it? Said Hashimotos. Is it Graves? Is it primary? Is it secondary? What's the deal? You gotta do a whole thyroid panel, not just TSH. You gotta check all of your antibodies. I don't understand why people aren't checking their antibodies. It's the only way to know if you have autoimmune disease. You can't just guess. You got to see is there anti bodies. If the antibodies are high, that means there's autoimmune disease. So if you have a combination with high thyroid antibodies and a high TSH, they're gonna diagnose you with Shimotos disease. Now, if you have high antibodies and you have low TSH, then they're gonna diagnose you with Graves disease, Grave disease. A lot of times you'll see the eyeballs popping out hashimotos. A lot of people have trouble losing weight, They have fatigue, they have trouble sleeping, poor digestion in brain fog, headaches, you know, problem hair loss the outer third of their eyebrows, and it can even lead to bed things such as cancer. You know, when you mess up your hormones, your thyroid, you're more likely to get ovarian cancer, breast cancer, you know, prostate cancer, and so all these hormone stuff and autoimmune disease could actually lead to even worse problems that are life threatening. Okay, so the thyroid is complicated, right. You don't want to treat hashimotos with medication. That doesn't make any sense. You want to treat graves with medication. You don't want to treat when it's coming from the pituitary with medication. And in fact, even if it is a primary thyroid issue, a lot of these can be resolved with just herbal remedies because the medications can have side effects, and a lot of times, if you're taking medication for hypothyroidism, the medication overworks and it creates a hyper thyroid condition, and now you're stuck and you have to be a medication for life. The thyroid is very tricky, but it can be reversed if you do the right things. And I don't care if it's in your family something called epigenetics. Epigenetics means if my parents give me a bad thyroid, but I find out I have hashimotos, and I choose to avoid the six foods that are going to aggravate hashimotos, which is gluten, dairy, corn, soy, coffee, alcohol, I'm going to keep my antibodies low so my Hashi motos won't get expressed, and I'm not going to have weight gained. I'm not gonna have digestive problems, fatigue, brain fog, headaches. I'm not gonna get those symptoms. I'm not gonna lose that outer third of my eyebrow. I'm not gonna have problems with my hair and my skin. They're gonna have all this joint pain. Okay, So that is for autoimmune disease of the thyroid Hashi motos. That's the most common one we see, but it is the most common one tested, right, so you know they don't test for all of them. Other autoimmune disease include rheumatoid arthritis. So if you have a lot of joint pain, you know, if you have one joint pain, that's one thing. But when I get patients, when they're like, oh, my wrists hurt, my hand hurts, my elbows hurt, my shoulders hurt, my knees hurt, my ankle's hurt, I'm thinking autoimmune disease. I'm not thinking repetitive stress. I'm not thinking you know, subluxation. I'm not thinking there's some muscle strain. I'm thinking there's autoimmune disease. The most common autoimmune disease that attacks the joints. It's called rheumatoid arthritis, and it's super easy to diagnose. You just gotta get the rheumatoid factor in your blood work. And if you have rheumatoid arthritis, you have to avoid those six foods again, I repeat them, it's very important. Gluten, dairy, corn, soy, coffee, alcohol, those are the big six. When you have autoimmune disease, MS is autoimmune disease of the brain. Siliac is autoimmune disease of the gut. Rheumatoid authritis is autoimmune disease of the joints. Hashi motos is autoimmune disease of the thyroid. Raves is also autoimmune disease of the thyroid. Psoriasis skin and hair autoimmune disease LOOPIS is also an autoimmune disease sl E or you'll see these positive ANA in blood work. If you have a positive ANA, you might have an autoimmune disease called LOOPIS. And the classic sign there is the butterfly rash on your face. That's another autoimmune disease. There are so many fibromyalgia where people have pain all over. You have to have eighteen different points of pain that are in your upper extremity or lower extreminy, in the right side, the left side. So if you have eighteen different points all over, that's autoimmune disease. Fibromyalgia you got the joints is rheumatoid. The muscles is more than fibromyalgia, but they're all autoimmune disease. It's all the same thing. Right. IBS is also autoimmune disease. Arital bow syndrome. There's a lot of autoimmune disease, even diabetes type one, juvenile diabetes most of the time to get it as a kid, right, that's an autoimmune disease. And these all can be reversed without medication in a natural and holistic way. So to avoid those six foods. And then you have to work on your brain. It's called your autonomic nervous system. When you have this increase in sympathetic tone, everything's overactive. Your muscles are overactive, the joints are all inflame, the immune system's overactive, the brain's overactive. You're overheated. Your body's attacking itself. It's going haywire. It's World War three out there. Gotta calm everything down. You can do some neurologic exercises to calm your rain down. Gargling is an easy exercises that's going to relax your brain, stimulates your vagus nerve to get you out of that fight or flight mode into a relaxed rest and digest. Splashing your face with cold water will also calm your nervous system down. You're overheated. You gotta cool down. Everything's on fire. We need cold and it's got to go on your face. The neuroscience has showed if you dip your head or your face in a bucket of ice water that's fifty degrees fahrenheit, that can calm your nervous system down immediately, especially if you have tachycardia. Your heart starts beating really fast, you start panicking. Literally, dip your head in a bucket of ice water, your pulse, your heart rate will go down immediately. And it's so easy, better than taking a Xanax is a medication that has lots of side effects. Stop trying to cover up your symptoms with pills. You have to get to the root cause of your problem. If you get to the root cause of your problem, then you get a permanent solution rather than just a band aid. And that's what I do as a functional neurologist. We evaluate the brain to get to the root cause of the problem and use a process called neuroplasticity where we could actually strengthen your brain so you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power if you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. One of the most common conditions I see in my offices in you and New York City and a lot of virtual patients is called disautonomia. This autonomia is a regulation problem of your autonomic nervous system. Now, the autonomic nervous system is basically the automatic nervous system, which is ninety percent of our brain. You ever hear the expression we only use ten percent of our brain. That's not true. We use our whole brain. But ten percent is what we're aware of, what we kind of understand what our brain is doing. Ninety percent of the time, the brain is working without you even realizing it, without you thinking about it, with you having to actually do the work yourself. It's automatically happening. Okay, that's the autonomic nervous system. Your brain controls everything, and your autonomic nervous system is controlling that ninety percent. For example, your blood pressure is controlled by your autonomic nervous system. So we see all these patients with high blood pressure, and what do doctors do they give you high blood pressure medication to bring it lower. Is that the best solution in my opinion? No, In my opinion, I want to get to the root cause of your high blood pressure. Why is your blood pressure so high? Is it because you have disautonomia. Now your autonomic nervous system isn't working properly, So now your brain cannot regulate your blood pressure. You have an increase in what's called your sympathetic nervous system, and that puts you in this fight or flight mode. And when you're in this fear mode, this fight or flight mode, it's like you're ready for the lion to come attack you. And guess what's gonna happen. If your brain is in stress mode and it's in worry and fear mode, your blood pressure is gonna go up a little bit, right. So imagine if you actually got to the root cause of the problem and you rewired your brain with a doctor like me who's a functional neurologist, and we rewired your brain to get you out of that stress mode. So your brain isn't always ruminating on these negative thoughts, so it's not always going a million miles per hour. You're not in stress mode. Your cortisol levels are in high. You don't get anxiety, your panic, or trouble sleeping, or trouble losing weight. Because your cortisol levels are depositing the belly fat, you don't get these heart palpitations. Your mind doesn't worry and think so much. That's when you have this increase in sympathetic tone. That's going to lead to high blood pressure. That's going to leave the heart disease, stroke, cardiac arrest, hypertension. That's the number one cause of death in America. It hates one out of every two people are going to die from this heart disease. The number two cause is cancer. The number three cause of death is iatrogenic. That means it's caused by the doctor, and that's stuff that they admit. That's probably the number one cause. But as of now, it's heart disease number one, cancer number two, iatrogenic number three. And guess what's climate is Alzheimer's disease. Right. This obesity is a problem, Diabetes is a problem. These are the major chronic diseases. They can all be reversed, that's the good news. But you got to do the work. You could literally verse diabetes. And I'm not talking about with met formIn, you could lose the weight. I'm not talking about ozebic. You know those diabetes medications to help you lose weight, they're gonna when you lose the weight, you're actually losing eighty percent muscle and twenty percent fat. You'll just be making yourself weaker and weaker and weaker. You're making your heart muscle weaker, your intestinal muscles weaker, your brain's getting weaker, your bones are getting weaker. So when you take this medication, you're losing weight, but it's not healthy weight. You're losing the good stuff when you lose weight in uh, through exercise and proper nutrition and not eating at night and reducing stress and fixing your thyroid and all that stuff. When you do it the natural way, you lose eighty percent fat and only twenty percent muscle. So your heart gets stronger, intestines get stronger, bones get stronger, your brain gets stronger. So you gotta do it the natural way, right, You gotta do it the naturally. You don't take the easy way out taking all these pills. Okay, now, what else does your autonomic nervous system control your respiration asthma, bronchitis.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If you get shortness of breath, okay, that can affect your oxygen levels, your energy, your brain fog. If you don't breathe properly, you're not gonna get enough oxygen. Your oxygen is what your brain needs to function at the highest level. Sometimes we have to get patients in the hyperbaric oxygen chamber. We have lots of patients that love this hyperbaric oxygen chamber. They get great results. Their energy improves, their vitality improves, their skin improves, which they like. Their brain improves, which they love, their nervous system improve their circulation, improves, their immune system. People love it, especially when they have chronic lime chronic COVID nineteen team the long haulers. We're getting great results in our office. Who patient's doing these hyperbaric oxygen chambers. There's smells coming back. It's unbelievable. Stick around to the end of the show. I'm gonna give you a way to get a free hyperbaric oxygen chamber session at our office. All right. So with the autonomic nervous system, it controls your digestion. We call it the rest and digest So people who have digestive problems, constipation, diarrhea, ibs, LCO, rate of colitis, siliac disease, acid reflux, gourd. All these digestive problems are usually an issue in the autonomic nervous system. The autonomic nervous system is controlling ninety percent of your body's function. But does the gastro enterologist check out your brain.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Does your cardiology just check out your brain? No? Does your pulmonologists check out your brain?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Does your urologist endochronologists? Right, they don't do it. But your brain controls all these organs and it comes from your autonomic nervous system. But you gotta figure out what's the deal with my autonomic nervous system. Is it functioning properly or is it not? You don't want to be in this fight flight or freeze mode. Things are not gonna get done, and then you're gonna get symptoms. You're gonna get some tensions, some headaches, some dizziness, some digestive problems, erinary problems, menstrual problems, hormone problems. There's gonna be something. Poor circulation, you get cancer, fea, get cold too easily, you get dry skin, or dry eyes. There's gonna be something. It's not necessarily you know, always high blood pressure, It's not always necessarily panic attacks. Could it could you know, show up as you're not sleeping well and that you have to get up to or three times a night to go pee r you know, your mind races, or it could be something simple like that. But what you have to do is a thorough evaluation. The best test that I recommend is called a qEEG brain mapping. This is where you wear a cap and it measures your alpha brain waves, your beta brain waves, your theta, and your delta, and it measures all these different locations, the frontal, the parietal, the temple, the eccipital, all the different areas of your brain. And it's literally gonna tell us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which area the brains are not. It's gonna tell us you have low dopamine levels or low acetylcholine. Do you have a thyroid problem. Do you have intestinal inflammation? It's gonna tell us you have depression anxiety? Do you have memory problems long term? Short term? Do you have difficulty shifting tasks? You have problems with organization planning? Do you have troubles with censory your eyes, your balance, your ears? Do you have troubles with sleep, deprivation or insomnia? It literally picks up everything, even concussion, heavy metal poisoning. I love this test. There's no radiation, super quick, super easy. It just takes about twenty minutes to do. It's normally five hundred dollars, but we're going to do a special for the first seven people to call, text or email, you could get the qEEG brain mapping for only twenty one dollars. Okay, We're also going to give way two other tests. The next test is called a VNNG videostemography, and that tells us which barriers of the brain are overactive. That's creating more anxiety and the mind raising and the ADHD and the troubles with sleep, and you know, all that kind of go in a million miles per hour and all the muscle tension and all the pain, and it's gonna tell us which areas are underactive. The depression, the fatigue, the low motivation, the poor memory, the brain fog, the poor digestion, the constatation, trouble losing weight. You know, it's gonna tell us it's the right side is the left side, so we could tell you what you need to do to balance out your brain function. It's a process called neuroplasticity. You gotta rewire your brain, but you gotta do the test to get the results. That's called the VNG. That test is also normally five hundred dollars, but if you're one of the first seven people to call text or email, you could get that for only twenty one dollars. And the third test that we're doing as a gift is a one on one with me where I go over your qEEG. I go over your VNG, and if you don't want to do that, you don't after you could just do a one on one with me. But I also go over your blood work. We'll go over your heart, We'll listen to your lungs, your gut, go over your memory, your coordination, your gate, your posture, your linement, any pain, any arrange of motion, strength, weakness. We go over your oxygen, your energy. We do a whole neurological and physical evaluation. Takes about forty five minutes. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or email. You can get that test for also twenty one dollars and you could do all three if you want to say I want all three tests. The phone number to call her text is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at Kaplinbrain Imbody dot com. If you're interested in more information, go to our website Caplin dot com. If you want to see our YouTube videos, go to Caplan Brain and Body. We're also on social media Facebook, Caplin, Brain and Body. Our Instagram is at Caplan Brain Body, and our TikTok is doctor Eric Kaplan. I also have a book called Boost your Brain Power, A Guide to Improving your Memory and Focus that can be found on Amazon as well. And if you sign up for any of those three tests, you're gonna get a free hyperbaric oxygen chamber that's normally one hundred and seventy five dollars. That way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you just listen to Boost your Brain Power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplan, you could call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.