Speaker 1: Welcome to the Minnesota Goodbye. Now, I've got an email that is a little bit spicy, and I'm going to try to get to that a little bit later on. But if you are not into the spicier, we just call this naughty Tuesday when people would write in naughty stories, and it didn't it never really took off. But if you have something kind of naughty to write in about, not something vulgar, you know what I mean, Like, Okay, this guy came over and we were a digg it dick it dicka duka duka dukak. Yeah, oh god, I mean that's that's alluring. But that's but if you have something that's like, Okay, here's a funny story about what happened in the bedroom or whatever. So we'll try to get to that in a second, but first the following email, Aubrey writes, in good morning this morning. On the show, you were saying you went to Jordan for a small camping weekend. I live in Jordan, Dave, and I'm curious where you camped. I camped at the Koa Campground and it's I mean, Koa is a chain. Have you guys heard of Koa Campground? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course. Yeah, it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: And we like Koa because they have a store and a shower and a playground and mini golf and they rent bikes and they sell wood and they do hay rides. And so we went to the Koa not because we wanted to visit Jordan, but because we wanted to be close by. So also, there's a lot of fun activities in Jordan I think you guys would enjoy. And the Renaissance Festival this is five minutes away. Also, may I please have a staff writer sticker? Thanks a lot, absolutely so, I will take a picture of this and send it to to you. Aubrey Secretary Brie will take care of that one. If you ever write in and you've never written in before and we read your email on the Minnesota Goodbye, we will send you a staff writer sticker. So send those into Ryan Show at KWB dot com. What else is there to do in Jordan? There's the Minnesota's largest candy store.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's one of my favorite apple orchards is around there. Yeah yeah, yeah, Ferguson's or whatever I think. So, yeah, Severs is in that vicinity or technically.
Speaker 1: Probably not in Jordan, but it's very close by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but that's all I know of, And I also know that in the fall it's absolutely beautiful to drive just down that main highway around Jordan, just because the trees are so gorgeous on there, and it's actually like lined, like the trees are just lined along the highway. So I haven't frequented there very often.
Speaker 1: Though, if you're looking for a really scenic drive, there's like a designated scenic byway between Carver and Henderson and it's on the other side of the river. So when you drive down one sixty nine, you're on the four lane freeway, but on the other side of the river is the scenic byway and it really is beautiful. It's twisty, turney, it's two lanes, So if you're won a nice drive, try that way.
Speaker 3: I always take a scenic byway if I have an option.
Speaker 1: Yeah you should. Yeah. Hello Katie wb Crue Ranger Jessica here with some fun facts about science. This is my first attempt since Dave gave me the green light and trying to tie in science back to relevant things that happened in the show and podcast. I think science literacy is important, so I hope people will learn in a fun and easy way about the awesome world we live in. I'm thinking this could be the did you Know of the Day? Official name pending, and nobody will maybe nobody will like it, and might this be the only one? Here goes nothing? Now she sends an audio clip. I will tell you the truth. I was not prepared for an audio clip, but I think I can make this happen. You got a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the button's got to be pushed.
Speaker 1: You got to push the buttons. And then I think, here we go, and let's see whether I can play this audio clip. I think I should be able to. Okay, hold on one second, Tapa Tapa Tapa, Here we go.
Speaker 4: It's Rain and Drew Jessica, And this is my first attempt at the did you Know of the Day? Please Bailey make me a theme song. I'm trying to tie this back to the show. I was gone on vacation last week, so this is a little bit older. But I'm tying our science fact of the Day back to the emailer who is talking about her baby gender and gender disappointment. And I wanted to talk about gender and sex determination animals, so human gender Actually the more boys or girls you have in a row, the more likely you are to have another of the same one. So if you have three girls and you try for your fourth to be a boy, sorry, it will probably be a girl statistically, but still go for it. But turtle genders are actually dependent on temperature. This is called TSD, or temperature dependent sex determination. So cooler nest temperatures for turtles will lead to more males, and warmer temperatures will produce more female turtles. And then another species that does cool things with gender and sex throughout their lives are lots of fish. So many fish can change back and forth between male and female throughout their life, depending on their environment, the social requirements, the temperature, all sorts of things. They can even start as males and turn into females if a breeding female dies. There's all sorts of cool things that fish can do when it comes to sex. So that is our digital of the day. You got quite a few in there, and let me know if I have the green light to do another one, and I'll get thinking range out.
Speaker 1: Well, sure absolutely I would. I would keep it under a minute, okay, So that would that help? Because you know, brevity is the soul of entertainment so under a minute. And also all the fish sex talk has made me horny. Yeah, think about a couple of northerns just getting it on, you know what I mean, slithering slithering, all that slippery, slippy sex. Thank you what it's kind of hot? Okay, thank you, Ranger Jessica. Next one subject line white Lotus. I am late in attendance to watching the show. I just started episode one, season one a couple of days ago. Anybody else had a hard time paying attention? Like, it hasn't grasped my attention yet. Is it a slow burn? Will it pick up eventually? Normally when I watch a show, I can't wait to watch the next episode, and I'm not feeling that yet. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you, bunches from Catherine. The first one was the one at the hotel in Hawaii. In Hawaii, and it starts off with one of these people died and they're like putting a coffin on an airplane and you don't know who it is. I liked every one of them, but I would say this's a little bit of a slow burn. Here's my rule, though, If it's not turning you on then don't watch it. You know. That's what happened with The Silo. I really gave it a good shot to watch the Silo. Same thing with Dexter, just never really got my attention.
Speaker 2: I in the episodes are kind of long, but there's not that many episodes in each season. However, I did really like season two of The White Lotus. I thought that that one was great. This last season I was kind of about I think shows just kind of start to fall off eventually. That's how I feel about You. The first three seasons were great, last season was, and now this season I'm really not paying much attention to it.
Speaker 1: Im in episode six and it's getting hard to follow and a little bit come on no way. But one thing I noticed about the Bronte character in You the current season. And I don't know if it's her or the director is telling her to act this way, but she pauses so much in every sentence that she says. It's like she's trying to.
Speaker 2: God, I'm so mad you brought this up, because now that's all I'm going to see. I watched this season because I plan on still watching it like this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I've noticed that from the beginning. She has this style of unrealistically pausing all the time and great impression and I don't know if she thinks that's a great way to act, but it's so conspicuous, and I'm gonna guess maybe the director said, hey, we need you to appear very thoughtful, so you need to put some positive the stammers in there here and there.
Speaker 3: So it seems like it's real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, but it's really fucking annoying. The other day, I think it might have been yesterday, somebody said, hey, I need bachelorette party theme ideas. Yes, so Jillian writes in she said, theme idea for the ladies going to Charlotte or Charleston. For mine. Two years ago, we did a nineties theme. My friends barely had to buy anything, and if they did, they wore it again because clearly what we wore in the nineties is back in style, which already makes me feel old and I'm only thirty six. One question for the group summer plans. Any big events in the cities that you plan to go to? Okay, bye from Jillian. Summer events and the State Fair is a given. It's only a matter of days until people on TV start going. You know, it's only ninety three days until the Minnesota State Fair, which I always hate that because I love the State Fair, but I don't want to be reminded of that. I don't really have we get the new RV, so we plan to get out as much as possible in the RV. Jenny, any big summer plans, not in the.
Speaker 2: Twin Cities, and they asked specifically in the Twin Cities. I am going to Iceland this summer with my sister, so I'm really looking forward to that. And then I mean, I've got like bachelor att parties, weddings, all that good stuff that comes along with summertime. And then one thing that someone actually recommended to me from a listener of the show. The Apostle Islands does like a rollerblading in marathon one weekend in June, and this girl said that she was going to go to it. So it's a full marathon but on rollerblades, okay.
Speaker 1: So like off the coast of like it's going to be in Ashland or something like Bayfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so I was looking into it. I can't do a full marathon rollerblades. I don't think I'm that good. But there's a shorter course that's maybe eight miles I think you can do. So I'm maybe gonna go up to that area and do that for that weekend in June because I just feel like that's fun and I like to roller blade.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. I like to rollerblade too, but I'm terrified of falling. So I used to go to last year. I didn't do it this year at US Bank Stadium where they open it up on Tuesday nights in the winter for you to roll around. But I was always very slow people zooming past me. I just I mean, I wish I could roller blade because it really is fun, but I don't know how to stop safely, and I'm just a little bit unsteady. Yeah, but I know people who are like my age that do rollerblade marathons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's yeah, that's what's happened in that weekend. I could never do a marathon on a rollerblade, though, that'd be rough.
Speaker 3: Well, I always have my staples. Every summer, I do all a bunch of Pride events. So there's like the big Minneapolis one, and then there's a bunch of tiny little ones too that I go to, and then it's in August. It's like the Fringe festival is on one half and then the fair is on the other half. And so I feel like I do the same things every single summer, but I like doing all of them.
Speaker 1: So your mom have a bench at the State Fair.
Speaker 3: She does have a bench, It says mama.
Speaker 1: It says just mama, Just mama, because.
Speaker 3: She wants any mom to be able to sit down and take their picture so and have a moment.
Speaker 1: You guys should give me a bench of the State Fair.
Speaker 2: No, they're not available anymore, right, I don't think they are. They're like kind of impossible to come by. Now someone's going to give up their bench.
Speaker 3: But my mom got it because she said, I mean, my mom's from Ohio, so we're also going to Ohio this summer. But she's like, I don't have a grave site in Ohio. I don't have a grave site here. So I just want to buy a bench, and that's where people can go to remember me when I die.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do with your mom when she dies? Put her at the fair, you know, sprinkle her around at the fair, her at the fair.
Speaker 3: That's where she wants to be.
Speaker 1: Does she really want to be sprinkled at.
Speaker 3: The I think I think she would like I know she wants to be cremated, but I'm going to end up putting her in a bunch of places. Probably I'll take her to Ohio sprinkler there, take her to the fair sprinkler there.
Speaker 1: I want to be in by Okay, Well, if you don't take me, I know she wants going to be for Brady's. But if you guys are, by whatever chance in the world, responsible for sprinkling me, don't put me in different places. Don't want to be in a whole place where you want to be. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you prefer Colorado just because it's probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, people are like, I want to be part of me here, part of me here, part of me here. Now, I want to be whole. You know, well, I'm not even sure I want to be cremated. They used to scare me when I was a kid in fourth grade. I remember sitting in my fourth grade classroom and that was the first time I learned about cremation, and I'm like, oh my god, they burn you. That's gotta hurt. And it's like, well, you're going to be dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but a fear in my mind that I've never thought about, Like, but what if you do feel it?
Speaker 3: You won't You're.
Speaker 2: Dead, I know, but what if what if you did it? You don't know what it feels.
Speaker 3: Like to be owner?
Speaker 1: Jenny.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay. So then by the time you get cremated, most of your organs are going to be gone anyway, so you're going.
Speaker 2: To be like, really doing you made me? I don't want to rode away in the ground.
Speaker 1: They rejected your liver, Jenny. They said, I'm sorry they cannot take your liver, but.
Speaker 2: I've been doing so much rehab on it lately.
Speaker 3: Is that already? Ye?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I can't find the email right now. But here's the one that I was talking about that gets a little bit spicy. It was a woman who wrote in and said her husband masturbates two to three times a day. Is that too much? Seems like a lot. It seems like a lot. And she's like, not only is he not you know, they still have sex, but he is doing his thing two to three times a day. And I didn't get how old they were, but I'm going to guess probably newly married enough that she's like, what is this what is this all about? So let me know whether that is too many times? Jenny, If you had a partner that was masturbating two to three times a day, would you be like what? What do you? Why?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: I mean? It would depend on if, like I for some reason didn't want to have sex with them for like six months at a time, then like I feel like I couldn't be super judgy of that. But if we were still having a pretty regular sex life, then I probably would get judgy beat just because, like anything, over stimulation doesn't become as enjoyable when you're doing it all the time. I should know. I masturbate all the fucking time, all the fucking time I could, but you know I am single now, so you could a little bit more frequently than I used to.
Speaker 1: Uh huh Okay, well yeah, I would say, Now I know where you were between eight fifteen and eight thirty this morning. Do it at work? Thank god? All right, that is it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Any thoughts on that one send an email to ryanshow at katwb dot com. As you can tell, we'll talk about anything on the Minnesota Goodbye, And it's always fun to get your emails so send those in ryanshow at katiwb dot com.