Speaker 1: All right, I started recording. We do have a special guest coming in, so welcome to episode twenty three of Sip in Tequila. And there's there's a lot going on right now.
Speaker 2: They were gonna have me sin more. Momo was and the boy was gonna say what you say? No no no, no, Hello hello, poor jump on it.
Speaker 1: We already started recording our first guest on our podcast, Sip in Tequila.
Speaker 3: Welcome Sipping Tequila.
Speaker 2: Sipp in tequila like sip and tea.
Speaker 3: You know, this is probably one of the cooler rooms here. I'm not gonna lie. I really like this.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I did it myself, custom she really did. She was all up on these walls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what's the process with this as far as like like the walls and everything, like, how do you like do that?
Speaker 2: Oh soul?
Speaker 3: That work? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I put some Mexican work up because I had gotten a quote to get these walls wrapped because they're disgusting gray walls and I didn't want that anymore.
Speaker 2: Got a quote.
Speaker 1: I was at Hall No, ordered the material on Amazon and just stabled it myself.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I heart allows that or this building.
Speaker 3: But no, it's like I'm seeing this now. I'm not gonna obviously. I mean it's awesome. I like it. It's I just walk right in a podcast right now. This has been it's been a crazy day to day already, so this is like already off the hot start. So happy to be here. Yeah, I definitely have to know.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us and taking the time today.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it Bannon? Am I saying it correct?
Speaker 3: Yes, you are saying it correct. Actually, you'd be amazed about any time I go out, how many people like mess up my name. It's crazy, which is understandable, but like it's all good. You said it right first time. That's all I matters.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, point for me, is that your name or is that your alter ego name?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's actually my name name. My mom decided I'm the firstborn, so she decided gave me the harder name. And it was actually after my great grandmother, Maxine Bannon. Oh so that's where it came from. Yeah, and then I've just had to make it so confusing for people because like I'm so serious, especially like you know how it is like nightlife out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Brandon, Like.
Speaker 3: Gosh, it's crazy the first time. That the point, So give yourself a double fare.
Speaker 2: BOMs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so we gotta just some backstory here.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. This is my camera right here, that's you want to make sure.
Speaker 1: So you we work at our heart and there's a bunch of different stations. There's you know, different departments and whatnot. And we've seen you in the hall basically every single day for a while.
Speaker 3: Very true, okay, And.
Speaker 1: We haven't been a word to each other whatsoever, like well, you know, we smile, like what's up.
Speaker 3: It's a little of an interesting time I heard. I don't think we can logistically get into it right now on my end about that. But it's been definitely like obviously like being here has been very interesting. But I understand I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Cut your position changed, yes right, yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But you lawyers in here like that, like I can get, I can get who I need. Everything you say, you could just be followed by allegedly and then well across as accusations. So this is little So yeah.
Speaker 2: Was really good at throwing the allegedly out there. Allegedly.
Speaker 3: Allegedly that's a favorite word. That's so scary, that's so scary. That's how we see each other in the whole.
Speaker 1: So the algorithm put one of your reels, yeah, on our feet.
Speaker 2: It was for Jenna actually.
Speaker 1: Came up and then we were like, hold up, yeah, this is the guy we see in the hall.
Speaker 3: We were fact checking.
Speaker 2: Hold up, he's a rapper. There's so much.
Speaker 1: That I feel like, you're so quiet, and I'm like, what, it's always a quiet ones it is always.
Speaker 3: Yes, I like to keep myself. It's not like I don't mind sharing them because I do. I mean, I do this all the time, but I think the good news is especially with what I do, especially just I try to make it not just music. I try to make it more as a brand more than anything. Like this is like merchandise sports because I've been doing sports radio for like ten years, so I've been doing that forever. And then the music stuff actually came because I went to Arizona State, so forks up. Of course, you know how we do it. Yeah, I hate to break it too, but negative negative point negative negative point, negative point. But like, I've just been such a different person when it comes to just doing different avenues and stuff, and I think it just kind of all ties together and like listen, music is always gonna be there no matter what. It's actually so funny because that video I had no idea that like it was. I think it's because of waste management because we shot because I shot that in March. Oh that was for an album that now always works out, which I'm now actually so funny. So that was like a part one. I have that out now I'm about to put out part two. This is great promo. By the way, I'm actually shooting a movie for it. What Yeah, I'm shooting on the legitimate not some iPhone like no, like a legitimate shot of my guys Matt Basquez. We're actually shooting the first scene. Coincidentally, it's actually funny. My twenty third birthday is this Saturday. Yeah, and we have a show at Varsity Tavern. It's a bar crawl on Mill a Mill Avenue. It's a cool thing Desert events Arizona. I also I have like twenty different jobs, by the way, if that says anything. So I also work for them, and I'm literally just I've never performed covers because I just perform original music when I do my shows. So they're just giving me like an X amount of time just to perform covers with the live band at Varsity Tavern. Wow, it's all my birthday. But we're shooting a scene because of that, because like basically, like we're shooting the movie, then that's the first scene we're doing. So basically, it's funny that you guys saw that video because it's great timing because I'm about to put out part two and then the movie is called always works out because look, we're no works out. It always works out.
Speaker 2: I am mind blown right now.
Speaker 3: I know that's good. That's good.
Speaker 2: That is crazy. Yeah, you've been here the whole time.
Speaker 3: I've only been here for such a short time though, it's not I haven't been here that long though.
Speaker 2: Three months, two months, I've.
Speaker 3: Only been here like two. Yeah, the only really two because I moved back out here. I moved because I obviously was here, and then I was covering the Olympics in Paris, came back for two months trying to figure this out, and I just said, hey, whoever will take an opportunity on me, and iHeart presented itself with that, and then obviously there's been a shift, allegedly, but but it's been but I've obviously kept that, Like, it's not that I don't mind sharing, because I do. This is what I do. Like social media is more of my thing. But you know, especially with the job that I currently have, you don't really get the opportunity to do that a whole lot. You gotta have to take the step back, and I think I needed to do that myself and I'm still learning that. So right now is very interesting. So to say I'm very excited to be here right now is an understatement.
Speaker 1: At least, I mean, because we have the platforms to support in any way that we can, whether it's on the radio or social media.
Speaker 2: So glad that we got to see that video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but are you guys like surprise, Like this is like crazy? So you guys really did research like this is nu Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now we were fully surprised. I didn't expect to see you all.
Speaker 3: I know, like I said, today it could have been today. It could be one of the craziest days that I've had in like a long time. And this is like the cultivation of it. It's actually hilarious. So this is awesome. This is really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so when did you start with music?
Speaker 3: I started with music, Uh, you know, when I started on the with the m C. You know, I was sixteen years old, so I was. I played piano when I was four years old. I've been playing that forever. And then my first show is actually I was on a chair like this at a house party and I was just singing, and it just I was bout from Palm Springs, originally from Palm Springs seven to six to oh, and I had to I get it, allegedly had to do that, So that's why. But it just kind of came from there and then obviously putting my music out on Apple Music and Spotify, and then to come to the great place of Arizona because I love Arizona and it's done a lot for just not even just my work career, but just life in general. The connections I've been able to make has been super huge, and it just kind of just went crazy from there. Seriously, it's just kind of evolved itself into that.
Speaker 2: So why did you decide to go the sports.
Speaker 1: Route instead of just kind of focusing So, I mean, I still focus on it.
Speaker 3: I just I, like I was saying earlier, I think the one thing is I don't ever want to be put in just a box of what I what I do. I think, especially with social media and all that, I think is I I was having a conversation with some of it. I was like, well, I feel like social media is just more of like high school stuff and all that. Like I look at it as business. I literally look at it. It's especially with short from content all that. Like, there's like a bunch of stuff I do. I do man on the street interviews, I do sports, I do music. It's just being able to do many different things. It might get super confusing at first, but I think that one thing is being able to do different things. I think it all ties back to music. So I think that's the one thing. So I'm always doing music. I'm always doing that. But right now with the movie, right now, I've been like taking that step back now, So now that I'm back in and it's it's willing me back in a little bit. So the job's never finished, the job's never done.
Speaker 2: So yeah, dangs, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: We're doing. We're doing a lot more than helping to the extras. I got you don't even worry about it.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to act, like, no, it's super cool, No, it's supero it's called it's and and all the music is from the album, so we're like, that's basically all that's going to be on there.
Speaker 3: So it's called Always. Yeah. The album's called Always works Out and your whole album is part of it's a movie. It's like, you know, okay, here's an example. You know how Kanye put out like my beautiful, dark, twisted fantasy movie. This is basically that, okay, but it's only like, because you know, the world of attention spans now is so great, we're only making it fifteen minutes, so it's like a short film and whatnot. But the thing is is that we're really like I've taken a step back, not just from the music, but like to do this because it's like it's another avenue. It's because you can't just put out albums and just expect for the best, and it's like you have to be able to do different things. And this is just kind of like a low risk, high reward type of thing in a sense, like I don't know how to act, Like I really don't. I have one IMDb thing and that's from a music video, and that's it. I can tell that to anybody because I feel like you don't. It's just being able to do different things. I think that's just I tell that to anybody because I feel like you don't always have to be put in a box.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you're that's good, congratulations and I say that, Yeah, this is crazy, this is I'm like, we just did this live by the way, like I just walked in and.
Speaker 3: This is cool.
Speaker 2: You are in a went through for sure, I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the hustle, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's the hustle. Absolutely. I appreciate that. No, that's that's like the best compliment right there in the world.
Speaker 2: So yeah, your energy, that's actually the same day as my mom's.
Speaker 3: Really, I think it's just different. Like obviously being here is honestly like opened up a lot of different opportunities for me. I'm still like obviously super super excited to be here and whatnot and continue to do it. It's definitely a change right now. So I don't know, it's definitely all over the place a little bit allegedly, but it's all good. But I'm very grateful, seriously, Like the community here is awesome. It's really cool, and.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of room for growth.
Speaker 3: There is no there really is, and like I came into like I had no idea what I was coming into. Like working absolutely yea, none, but I do a lot. No, I do that. I work with desert events, do a lot of men on the street. I run their social media, make the music. We throw shows. I'll throw my own brain of shows called Young BC and Friends. We've done it all over now theater I'm trying to think of like some varsity tame and just like different places out here. But it's like, yeah, like I said, it's just not putting yourself in a box. I'm just always open to collaboration and always because I'm not afraid to work with people. I'm not. I'm really not. I preached out in a lot of my videos.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, I mean I love that because we're always looking to be part of you know, events like that, whether it's Ieheart Kiss or.
Speaker 2: You know all the stations that we have here.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Yeah. No, it's definitely been and especially like post cras, I just graduated too, so it's like kind of navigating that world has been definitely very interesting. It's very post grab life is very interesting. It's very like you see a lot of different you see changes in people. I think you see a lot of you see a lot of different changes in people.
Speaker 1: So you've talked about that too, Jenna, right, because she also went to that's what.
Speaker 3: We're talking about, kim On. It really is. No, Kronka is a one of one freaking place. It really is.
Speaker 1: So they instill in you very much like to get good at everything or just like put yourself out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah everything. So the more you know, the more valuable you are. Exactly, that's right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wild enough, because you make me feel like I don't do ship with my life.
Speaker 3: This is how I.
Speaker 2: Graduated. That's how I know. You don't have kids.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Good. Yeah, well that's awesome, man.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it. Yeah, this is nuts, this is wild, This is cool. Though. I appreciate this. I needed this today, So this is yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we want to support anyway. Yeah we can. So we're learning so much.
Speaker 3: So what so like what like what were the honest and fro I'm intrigued by the research right now, Like I'm so like what what were like the assumptions Like I guess I'm not assumptions, but like.
Speaker 1: Well I just I just saw you were really quiet, and then I saw video of you like freaking busting out.
Speaker 2: Some and like, you know, I was like, I'm not the first time I hear his voice.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny because that's the polars. Because people don't think I'm not quiet. Clearly I'm not because I'm in here right now. But the thing is is that like I'm quiet at first, when when you get to know me, it's very different. I would say, like, it's it's it's how I am. I had to always. It's like you should not say keep your guard up. I should not say that, but you have to be. I'm just always so cautious about so many different.
Speaker 2: Things as weird as hell.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly exactly. This seems like the fun room, Like where was that? I'm this is this is sick.
Speaker 2: This is the fun.
Speaker 3: So did you document the process of you guys doing you had to have.
Speaker 1: Of wrapping this up? You know, I didn't. I should have, but I didn't. I just wanted to get it done. You're grinding, Yeah, yeah, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Ye're done. Yeah, I'm impressed. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. Yeah, No, that's I opened up myself pretty pretty much immediately. But yeah, I just know it's pretty wild. There's a lot of info. I feel like anyone is like, this is a lot, but yeah I did. I don't know. I've just never wanted to be super boxed in. I think that's why I'm always just open to collaboration and always doing different things. I mean, obviously in a responsible manner, but I think it's just more of just putting yourself out there. I think that's more than because I think a lot of people were afraid to do that and I find out that because I think then you're gonna look back and like it's like, damn, I would. I never want to ever look back on anything that I've done and be like, damn, I wish I did this, Yeah right, and I think you never. I never could. I've never done that. And it's like, obviously I've had some cool things I got talked about doing it, like going to parents, like it's stuff like that where I've been able to do and it's been super fun and it's been really awesome. But obviously those are just like their moments, but you learn from those. You learn a lot from that, So it's super it's super cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So where can people find your music?
Speaker 3: You can find my music on Apple Music or Spotify or wherever you listen to your music at young BC y U n G lowercase PC, but obviously all together.
Speaker 2: So do you go by young BC like when it comes to music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well music music is young BC because like Bannon is, like it's because it's already like a hard name to begin with, so it's like that, but it's so unique. The BC can stand for anything, though. It depends on the It depends on the day. Like it's kind of like young Beard sugar or something like. It depends because my name is Bandon Clark, so it's like it's just the b C. It depends on the day. So it's like today right now, we're young being chilling, like we just we're just You're just like, yeah, it's just stuff like that. So it could be whatever you want it to be. I've had some really funny ones I probably can't say on air, but it's kind of there's some funny ones. We got young birth Control, we got that. I'm a I'm a diehard Broncos fan, so young Broncos Country is another one too. So yeah, I didn't say it was a good one. I'm just like, I like that one. But it depends on the day. It really does depend on the day.
Speaker 1: But yes, young BC, Yeah, any Arizona sports that you follow, I.
Speaker 3: You know, since I've come, since I was in college, I would say the Sons have definitely been definitely been a team, definitely been a I wrap the Suns for sure.
Speaker 2: I always feel about the team right now.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what the move they just made recently. I'm still but I think I was explaining that to someone, like it's like those draft picks can end up being something I think there's been that's been pretty common with in sports. Yeah, I don't know what the Sons are doing right now. I think it's very interesting, but I've also learned so much, especially being here, I've learned so much about Phoenix sports. It's very interesting to me, like I've just kind of learned certain patterns and whatnot. But I'd say, out of any Arizona sports team, it's the Suns. That's absolutely Sons. It's Sons, and then everyone else. I respect it, but there's my team. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel that baseball, who's your team.
Speaker 2: Don't even say Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Boy boy, I'm from southern California, and by the way, and if that's the case, I would prefer world champion Los Angeles Dodgers if that was cool too.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Right now I don't remember. I mean, yeah, your ship y, I talk about it a little bit. But I don't hate the d Backs because I think the d Backs are the reason why the Dodgers are this good. I'm serious when I say that, because no, I'm serious, because the d Backs instilled the fire after they swept the Dodgers and then they go and get show Hao Tani and the rest is history. So I actually, I like, I have no problem with d Back fans. I really don't. There is no ill will. I mean, I hate the Padres and the Madres if however you want to call them or what not, and then the Giants, But no, d Batmans are the reason. So shout out d Back fans. Seriously, I have no problem, no doubt good. It was real, it was real, Do that right? No? No, But yeah, I'm a I'm a die and I'm not some bandwagons like I've been. I've been a legitimate fan and it's cool just from I mean, I hate it's weird to talk about the Dodgers with Arizona because it was. Actually I'll give you a funny your story. When I started at here, I really wanted to go to the World Series Parade, but I started like to like, how do you tell your boss? Like two days in, like, hey, I'm gonna go the World Series Parade right now. I really wanted to go, but I just started working like that way, so I didn't have a good enough excuse to be like, I mean, I feel like that could be a good excuse me.
Speaker 2: We'll cover it great covers.
Speaker 3: No, it would have been great covered well that they did not want. I don't think any Arizona sports they do not want any coverage of the Dodgers. Understandable. But I will tell any person that is a d Backs fan that you know they're there. They are the reason I don't. I don't. They got show a Tani, they got swept, which I was at Game three, If that says anything, I was. I was in Game three. That was sucked, but I was there for that. But no, I've always did like, yeah, the d Backs and Dodgers, it's very it's an interesting relationship. But I think there's I think Dodger fans hate other teams more like the Padres and the Giants are irrelevant. So it's it's all good at.
Speaker 1: And I'm on in San Diego. So I'm I'm the pod, you're a poject. That's my second team, the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. Well, there's probably a lot of salty ones out there right now, so it's all good. So if they're listening, it's all good. Please please don't come after me on please, Now.
Speaker 2: Back to the sun. How do you feel about Jimmy Butler? If possibly love it?
Speaker 3: I love it. I talk about it all the time, all the time for it. I'm for it.
Speaker 2: I just don't like the way he's been acting about you know, this.
Speaker 3: Is the problem, Okay to me, Jimmy Butler is as a competitor. Yeah, and you ask any player that has played with him, they all love playing with Jimmy Butler. They all love playing with him. I think the right now as far as the level of desperation, because this team needs a championship. If you're gonna put all this money, you need to go get a guy like Jimmy Butler, an absolute dog so I think that's the one way that I look at it. I'm intrigued to see what they would give up for him. But this is if there is any guy that you wanted your team, especially to go after a guy like pat Riley, that's what I want. I want a guy that's gonna be I mean, the age is whatever, but like, imagine Jimmy Butler is your third option or your set. Like that's pretty good. And it's not that I hate on the current team right now, but obviously it's a natty. It's just not there's there's something internally and then you talk about Nurkic and what's happening with.
Speaker 2: That man's crazy.
Speaker 3: Nobody like you talk about that like it's you go out and you make this type of trade for Nick Richards, And it's kind of interesting to why they did it. But they needed to get younger. They were one of the worst teams with the center and all that as far as scoring points. So I think Jimmy Butler to the Suns is a great deal. I just wonder how much you give up for him. But also, yeah, there's a lot of external factors. I think that situation is crazy because I think if any person that to go after pat Riley is Jimmy Butler. Like Jimmy Butler would do that. He's he's a competitor, and I think the son's not saying they don't have that because they do. But Jimmy Butler is a true competitor. And I think the way that I'm just saying, like sports media in general has perceived him, I think they think of him as.
Speaker 2: Arrogant, right, but he would bring some fire.
Speaker 3: He would bring fire that this team needs needs.
Speaker 2: Love Radley Beale.
Speaker 3: I love Radley Bual. It just things. So you know, I always say always works out, but some things don't always work out. I'm not but I'm not saying I'm not saying it can't though, because I mean, he obviously has the no trade clause, but he did play at Florida, the University of Florida. But he has to be the one, He's openly said he has to be the one to make that decision. So I don't I mean, I don't want people to get traded because obviously that's like you think about like the external factors of it. But if you were to ask me what I think, Jimmy, I talk I think that's the most I talk about in this in this building, being a Phoenix Sun. I'm so serious. So I don't know, Suns, Let's make something happen. We need, we need to see something we need. But I'm actually a sunstand. I know it sounds crazy. With all the different sports teams, they all have reasoning, but the Sons are actually love they are. This is I think the Sons are the best team in all of Arizona. I think as far as fans sports, really amazing fans, amazing fans. So yeah, about time, about time, about time, about time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, sorry girls, all the sports time everything you said, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, yeah, I want to say. I was like, you guys got it.
Speaker 3: See you're like sports, that's all music, anything, so we can talk about anything every day.
Speaker 2: No good you guys. You guys hid all the points. So yeah, with what they said exactly that part, all.
Speaker 1: Right, any anything else for a special guest today.
Speaker 2: You were like, yeah, we're gonna get to know him. I really, I know, we learned so much so I'm just taking it all in.
Speaker 3: This is your time right now, like it really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, and he's gonna start charging for I.
Speaker 3: Know, no, no, I I'm gonna I'm gonna get my representative who you were talking to earlier that I was saying, like he's got to be my manager now.
Speaker 2: So that's why I have a whole management team.
Speaker 3: I used to have a management team when I started when I was seventeen, but then the whole like the contract of that stuff was like kind of crazy and all that and whatnot. And then I went independent because then then in that period, because it was like twenty nineteen when I had a management and then like it was starting to become a lot more like you don't need a label, so it's kind of going towards that, and then just kind of you know, creative differences, and I want to be able to because everything I basically like have created, it's been like through me, and like obviously I have like a lot of people that have contributed to that and whatnot, But as far as like you know, you can only control your own destiny, so it's like kind of doing that at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how do you feel about that if you were approached by a record label, Because we have a ton of connections here, so if you know you're in somebody's hands and presented it, would you think I.
Speaker 3: Like I said when I took the chance to work here at iHeart. I think the one thing is that I said, I applied to two hundred and fifty different places, and I think the one thing about me no matter what, is you're going to get someone that is extremely passionate, as you can tell. But also it's just like, you give me an opportunity and I'll shine. And I don't say that a lot, and well I do, but I gotta be I gotta be respectful. But I'd say as far as the mentality that I have and what I know, every every situation is different. But if the opportunity to present itself and it worked out, done deal, there's no no question about it. I don't want to say mama mentality on here because I know it's a little.
Speaker 1: Like no we love but I know like Lakers and Suns and all that.
Speaker 3: But the point is, yeah, I'm already coming out. I'm already coming out to like Padre fans today like it's all but I'm trying to get canceled, not even not even a question, not even a question. Absolutely, I feel like I definitely yeah, I think I think music is such an interesting place right now. It's very interesting. But I also think the one thing that's been helping me out is honestly the social media aspect of stuff. And that means it's made artist and it's made artists. And I think for me, like because like I edit all my like I edit my own stuff. I do all like. That's why I'm saying like everything is like That's why I wanted to be independent, is because I wanted to like my merch like all that type of stuff. Like I'm fully like that is me locking in for an X amount of time figuring stuff out. You No, I don't. Time is normally two am and then I'm h if I'm hit the gym in the morning, I mean it's like seven in the morning. So I'd say, wow, mentality, that's a real.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 3: Shut out the colbrew coffee that's here, by the way, It really helps me out a lot. So yeah, i'd say that, Yeah, seriously, I would say, obviously, I appreciate that. That's awesome connections and all, but I'm still but I say that sincerely, like I think, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, it's always worth the conversation. I know there are a lot of artists that are just like anti that.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, because you you can.
Speaker 3: I think it's a situation and the opportunity presents itself. I think it works out. But I'm also not here telling you that I'm making like a crazy I'm making six figures off of this, and so I'm doing I'm doing all this other stuff. But I also, like I said, I like to be able to do different things. So I think if the opportunity presents itself in any anything that I do, I'm always gonna give my one hundred percent effort. And I think that's why I'm still here right now, if I'm being honest, So that for the time being, Like, yeah, I mean still I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mean you've been showing up every day for what two months with all the things you have going.
Speaker 3: On, to be honest, scenes Yeah, so it's definitely been it's been interesting. But I but I think, you know, like I said, with like the post grad stuff, i think it's been definitely a very interesting transition. But like I've been waiting for that in a sense, like to be able to do that. And I hate to bring it up constantly, but really, like when I was in the Olympics and Paris, like that really helped me. That really allowed me to get more real life be out, yeah, meet different people, like not as if I wasn't already doing that, but like just maturing. I think maturing is a good way to put it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean it's always good to take whatever opportunity presents itself because there, you know, there are a lot of mentalities where it's like they look at something and there they think they're better than that and they won't even give it a shot, not knowing the doors they could open, you know. So it's always good to have that mental hundred percent.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm saying, like now is the time, Like I'm listening, this is a full reflection moment right now because I'm not to be turning twenty three, but like seriously, like it's.
Speaker 2: You're only twenty three.
Speaker 1: I'm about to be Yeah, man, slip that around, and that'sk me with back problems.
Speaker 3: I I actually have back problems, fum back. But yeah, but it's just like being able to like right now, it's just like to just like I said, it's very like low risk, high reward, Like it's like the like now the time my mentality has always been the worst thing that someone can tell me is no.
Speaker 2: And get back to that same You're in the same place exactly.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, we started out like, yeah, I think they're back in the same place. So I was, you don't lose nothing exactly exactly. So yeah, well good it. Ship.
Speaker 2: You can't make it with that mentality.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Punder Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know this is this is this is to existence.
Speaker 3: I hope. So you know, I mean, job's obviously not finished.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna do Coachella next year? Hey listen, I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you this sounds like a crazy take, but being from the city, being from there, like what Coachella means to me, Like I would rather perform a Coachella than win a Grammy. You think I'm sounding like crazy when I say that, but no, that's me. That means so much to me, a goer. Yeah, like I appreciate it, but I've been in so many Coachella is and like and just seeing all of it and like especially just like cause like just especially with like the city out there too, Like it's it's growing a lot more now and it makes me really happy because I'll be honest, I used to be that type of like artists beforehand, like like during high school, like nah, man, I don't want to be here, like this sucks and all that. But I like it's like it's nothing like the scene. Like there's no like actual like music scene per se because it's obviously all tourists all that and whatnot. But I will say, like the fact that like if you told me five years ago that they have their own arena now where there's legitimate like justin Timberlake just performed there, might get stuff like Olivia Rodrigo, Harry Styles, all these people, it's like to be able to do that. But no, I'm serious. I'd rather to perform a Coachella. I'd rather perform a Coachella than win a Grammy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, to have this on a record yep for when you blow up?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, because it will. I appreciate that, Okay, Dream Collapse Tyler the Crator do you want? Are you sure? Everybody crazy? I don't know, it might be a little crazy. I mean unreal production on that album. I can't even get no, But I'll tell you he's probably my biggest influence for everything that I'm saying right now because about artistry really no, not even even just everything outside of it. And I think he's one of the few artists. I mean, people think it's crazy that, Like I think within twenty twenty to twenty thirty, I think he could be the biggest artist in the decade. When you think about how the projection of his albums and how he's been continuing to go up, Like that's the craziest thing. You don't see that with a lot of especially in a social media era, do not see that a lot. But I would say, if you were to ask me my top three, I would say, oh gosh, Tyler the Creator would be one. If I was gonna give you a newer artist that I'm like obsessed with and I called I'm not gonna call it because I had zero to do with his career, But Malcolm Todd is one hell of an artist. If y' all know who that is, Malcolm Todd. Malcolm Todd, do you want to talk about knowing someone? Okay, have you heard the TikTok sounds like I love, I Love. That's where people know him from now. But he put out an album that was my favorite album last year called Sweet Boy one of the best albums of last year, no question about it. It's just very alternative. He's from the from California, like legitimate. He was my most listened to artists last year, and he was like seriously like yeah, but that's everyone's now knowing him from that song. So people are like, you were saying this like a year ago and on that I'm like yeah, And then I would say another one. Let's go Cuddy. I'm gonna say Cuddy, I'm gonna go kick Cuddy. I'm gonna I'm gonna go like any like Cuddier like for I would say any RD, but I don't think that's gonna be happening right now. But I was gonna say, like Kid cut your or someone like that. Yeah, but Tyler created number one, one hundred. So if if we're manifesting that, let's let's say Tyler Tyler. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean for real, I love Farrell.
Speaker 3: You can do no wrong of my I was gonna show up in a for Re shirt. Well, I actually was gonna pull I had. I had a cool for shired I was gonna wear work today, but I decided I got this Viry shirt. I just found out this this thing actually exists. I had no idea. It's very comfortable, by the way, it's very comfortable.
Speaker 2: Like a special brand.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a like a Lululemon comfortable.
Speaker 3: I had. I had a special someone give this to me for my birthday, and I was like, it's like kind of nice. So I was winning it's.
Speaker 2: A special someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lou saying nice, you really don't see this.
Speaker 3: I'm decently I'm decently good at organizing because my notes app is a notes app is one hell of a thing. I will say that. The regular iPhone also like it's crazy. No, it's like actually like oh no, it's a full on like it's a full and thing. Hence I just got a text just now.
Speaker 1: Sorry, she just texted me that high Yeah.
Speaker 3: She's a wow wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm taking note. Mine's like one letter and like a word.
Speaker 3: That's not a look.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, I guess the side is yeah, no, yeah, like McDonald's like, mine's off the grocery list, and then it goes yeah.
Speaker 1: The journal, it's more a journal for me, maybe like a password one three ship.
Speaker 2: Dude, your work ethic is inspiring for sure I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is I feel like we're all friends now.
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 2: We can we can talk now. A couple of words in the hallways. Awkward.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you talk about the real We gotta have actually the real podcast. This was just a test, guys, just a test. This is just a test.
Speaker 1: No for thank you for joining us, though, thank you, this is clearly thank you for making space in your you know schedule to us.
Speaker 3: Literally, I can't, I'm doing I'm walking off. I'll walk it up. I'm walking up.