Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Birdie's and banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Tees, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of diveds, drives and delightful better the Magician.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, it is the one and only Tony Tone, the Magician, the boy with a lot of players, and yes, I am a classic man. So, ladies and gentlemen, you are tuned into the one and only Balls and Tees.
Speaker 3: And guess what if.
Speaker 2: It's the first time you hear my voice on the airwaves, then you definitely have been listening to the wrong, wrong frequency. Because it is the place to be, especially when we talk about social golf, we talk about anything that has to do with golf. We are not just local, we are international. We touch places that no other podcast around South Africa touches. We go to Russia, we go to your career, go to Indonesia, Malaysia, wherever it is named and I just want to say to everybody out there, thank you for the continuous support that you have been showing us from the get go. This is our second season and this is episode five. As you know from the get go, from the first season of this from the first episode of this season.
Speaker 3: It has just been blazing, blazing hot.
Speaker 2: Now today, listen, ladies and gentlemen, I always say get yourself an ice cold glass of water. Today I need you to get a twenty liter bucket of water. Not just because the show is hot, no, no, no no, it's because here in Howting there's been a lot of hailstorms and I want you to actually melt that ice that water.
Speaker 3: So what we're going to do.
Speaker 2: Right now, we just want to take a two minute break and then when I come back, I we'll be introducing our guests.
Speaker 3: In that two minutes.
Speaker 2: Make sure that you get something to refresh, because it's about to get really hot. So let's go for that two minute break, and then let's get back to business afterwards and introduce our guest who's eagerly waiting to get into this conversation with me.
Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Birdie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green, the balls, and t's your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of diveds, drives and delightful better the magician.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, as I promised you before our break, we are going to have a hot, hot, hot episode. So for those who just joined in now, it is the one and only Tony Town the Magician on the frequency, and I hope you've got that painting little bucket of cool water so that you cool yourself and then you melt the hailstones from these stones that we're facing nowadays. So, ladies and gentlemen, without wasting any more time, I would really, really really like you to help me introduce our guests for the evening. Who is none but the only Master machinee Nick Matfaka, And then we will be having a beautiful, beautiful conversation.
Speaker 3: Mister Mataka, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Said thank you very much, Tony, thank you for having.
Speaker 3: Me awesome stuff, not the mataca.
Speaker 2: You know, I always try to hype people up and introduce my guests in a verdo of vicious way, but I don't think that I've really really done much justice. Perhaps if you can just take the marc and then reintroduce yourself on a pharannel to tell people who exactly Nick Matake is, what's happening in your space and how did you find your love for golf?
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you for the opportunity. And my name is Machelo Surnameteke. I know a lot of people still know me as Nick, and every time somebody say Nick, I go like, well, this must be my former classmate or all. Yeah, that name is actually being used for a very very good papos because it was just for my work and my school. So those things I'm long past and now I'm back to Machilo Matake. And yes, nos, look, I am a financial advice by profession, and obviously I work as an executive at MA Take Business Investment started at a corporate level, Discovery in particular, and established MBI at some point. Our field of expertise it's more about giving advice on certain categories of insurance. So besides the lifestyle of golf, I mean artlet. I ran about four in Comrades marathon in my life, finished all of them, and I've taken part in quite a lot of marathons around how they in an hout of again the country, and I happened to also done thirteen two Oceans marathons. So there's there's about I think three one two green numbers and one blue number. Well it's two blue number, one green number. So in essence, I've done four in Comrades tad in two Oceans, and I've done just ten oly Down marathons. Those are your ultramarathons. And I'm a very passionate golfer. I play golf at least three times per week and idle in my mind through the sports because that's where the social life is. If you ask me what actually made me to end up being so active in either golf or or athletics, was precisely about trying to sort of stay healthy. That's number one and obvious. But again, I don't think I had passion for running, to be quite honest, I never liked it. Yeah, I'm being honest, Tony. I hated running so much that my first marathon was only to prove to my ps that I can also do this, and because they keep on coming to me until such a time that I decided I'm going to try this and I'm going to show you because I liked just burning my upper body to look nice then and also had a passion to sort of do some short films in acting and stuff like that, which didn't last.
Speaker 3: Long longer lines.
Speaker 4: I know. When they rooted me for running, I said, but when am I going to get out of this just running? I was so so creative about it. But thanks to my friends, thanks to everyone that recruited me, including the former president of the Lions, a very good friend of mine. Obviously I won't mention his name, but he's well known. He came to me and say, my friend, we need to do this, and the day I said yes, and then I received almost forty emails from him telling me what I need to do, what type of running issues and stuff like that, and I was already hurtful, but that hurtful actually led me to go and run and just prove to him that I can do this thing. So ever since the first medal, in short, I never looked back, you know, I never look back. So I create this passion to evolve. Golf was something very intimidating to me, to be honest, So because I found myself in the business where I engage professionals and clients and like minded individuals. On the course, a good friend of mine who happened to be a business partner, has invited me and he did not prepare. So here I am. He booked a fourball. I'm included. We're playing past view, you know, he said, we're going to play a view, you know. Funny enough, I remember vivically that I was wearing the formal shoes and I just come out of work and we have the afternoon tea of I have to hire everything from shoes to clve and as if it's not enough, every single shot was surprisingly not going high, let alone slicing and all that. I was actually asking myself, is this a thread? And I hated golf so much from that day because the whole day I embarrassed myself. I could not hit the ball. A friend of mine actually never told me. That was the first time. I think it's like nearly fifteen years ago. Then I told myself that if anything, nothing in this whole world end wrong. Everything that's wrong. If the beginning was not well prepared, the end will obviously reciprocate and it will reflect and expose the exact beginning that you had actually impact on. And I decided, you know what, when I have to start, get the coach, go to the range. And I think this is the attitude with me. I told myself, I'm gonna go back and prove to him that I can also play golf as soon as I got my lesson. So it took me about six months of lessons, hitting your shots, gentlemen, being very patient with me until such a time I gained confidence, and before you know it, I was the one where clearly annoyed them by inviting them about.
Speaker 2: You developed a patient after being thrown into the deep end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, remember I read somewhere away they say in any man's success, there's always a fear that's standing between him and just going to which their objectives. And I think it was a problem with me because all these things were intimidating me so much that if I can't do it right, then I don't need to do it, you know. But if somebody actually thrown me into the deep end on that particular time and then I know what to rectify. I still thank them so much because ultimately I developed a passion. M hmm.
Speaker 2: Now now masthematically, let let's talk about the two different spaces. Well, you mentioned three spaces, of which one being marathon, which is fast paced, I believe, and it requires a lot of insurance. And then the acting, which I believe it's more than just the physical appearance. But obviously your state of mind is to be clear because you have to remember the lines. And then now we're talking about gold. Now with these three different spaces which require different energy levels, how did you then adjust from one to the other every time you just stumbled upon these invites or these challenges that were brought to you by your friends.
Speaker 4: Ye, are a very good question because I guess it was a question of number one. I hate a vacuum time. That's that's the first. I always wanted to keep myself busy. If if it's not studying, it must be physical activities are awake. And that's how I've really tried to map out my day. And I wanted to use my time for things that I feel can ultimately be written into the history books about myself. So I know zeuch about acting. I don't want to lie to you. A friend of mine who happened to be at actually in me because when I was twenty six twenty seven, I was one of those people that I decided to buy such a big car because you want to be filled presence wise, and I'm in business, so what you know. So for that particular reason, he said to me, we need you your physique. And again, at least you have something that we can use in that film, because the short films went necessarily your big short films. It was just one day star at this exposure in terms of the talent from the young actors, et cetera. So it happened to be in the mix. And then I said, no, it's fine as long as I'm still waking and I can be able to and I will be able to do it for the sake of my maybe passion. But eventually I decided, no, man, this is not for me. So it was a waste of time. As for the learning, I find time my days that four am. I tell my PIDs that if anything, I'm rain or shine, if I have the program to prepare myself. I mean, my wife knows this very well. That that pass. For I'm on the road of been happy, making sure that that two hours I clocked twenty one kilometers within maybe one forty five one hour forty five minutes back at home, preparing myself, taking kids to school, drop them off at seven, and I was even breaking on one of the words up group, telling friends that I'm the first one in the office and the last one to leave, but I still have the two that I spend so every morning it's very important, tourney for anything, it is so important. Then I have my whole day. Then I ask for for a just one day of the week to perhaps participate, involve at work. They know it's standards. Yeah, I will play golf at least two to three times per week m hm, because other days will be off the weekends.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, sure, that's that's quite interesting.
Speaker 2: Now I just want to find out, I mean, you're so involved in in sports as a whole, if I can put it that way, or in making sure that you're keeping a healthy lifestyle. Now, if anything that I want to find out for me is if you were to look at golf and the athletic aspect of your life, are there any lessons that actually put into each other space to say, Okay, maybe in athletic athletics, like I said, endurance stamina is one of the most important thing or any mental lessons or mental disciplines that you actually picked up from the marathons and incorporated them into your golf or vice versa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bunnie, I can say this in my mother tongue. Firstly, mm hmm, I tell my peers that if it so happened that God takes everything, and then I guess, I say, at least and if I have my health, I think I can still try and pick myself up. I can't imagine a day with out trying and invest in my health. Of course, at some point we're going to have commobilities, but now we have the opportunity to delay those mobilities. Two things that will keep it healthy is fitness and happiness. And through thickness you are then able to sort of like what you see the development of your body and the endurance that comes with it. The sleep, by sleeping enough, gives you so much peace and happiness that a lot of people don't realize that. And again, because you sleep on time, you wake up on time. The fact that you have time management aspect of it. It's easy for you to achieve those little goals because the first thing that is very, very very important in our life is time. If you fail to manage time, you are more like a person who failed to manage their own money. And that's precisely how I was taught. And again, getting into interviews, meetings and everything, whether you are five minutes late is a sign of disrespect. You don't do that. Tell people that make it so for that it helps me so much about how best can I manage my time? How best can I rather prepare myself. I may not have everything, but at least let me be proud of the health, the fitness, you know, and ultimately build my happiness through it.
Speaker 3: No, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And the reason I was actually asking that, I mean, you know, on the god of course, at least there's options to say, am I taking a cart or am I.
Speaker 3: Taking a long walk? Now?
Speaker 2: From an athletic like yourself, I just want to get an idea which one would you prepare to do on the golf course, taking that long walk or just a cat for the day, to say, you know what I run in the morning, Now I need to take a rest.
Speaker 4: I hardly take a cant I don't. I do not take a cant. In actual fact, in some of the courses where I'm forced to take a cart, I hope on off the can't I sometimes walk, you know at my looking for me and I said, no, but I'm catching up. I still have a conversation with myself and I enjoy that so much. And besides, it actually contributes to my golf and it helps me perhaps to prepare for each shot as I walked, what's my ball? And I'm used to it. I don't know at what point will think I need to use a cart because using a kite deprives you a little count of fitness that you may have gained by just taking a walk, and I just don't like using the cart. Y.
Speaker 2: No, that definitely makes sense, and like you said, it helps you prepare for the next shot and you're able to have those small conversations with yourself.
Speaker 3: So, Master Matak, I just want to find.
Speaker 2: Out as the director and the founder of MBI, right which basically, like you said, you focus on corporate clients and SMEs. I just want to find out how important the golf course environment is to you. As the founder and director when it comes to building and naturing relationships with your clients.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Just not so long ago, I was telling my my mate that if anything, every golf course is the place where you find the like mind individuals. Mmm one or the other. They will discuss their field of expertise, be it they have influence in their companies or they are decision makers in their companies. It took me time to actually understand that concept. Yeah. And as I understood the concept, then I thought, then what are the target markets? Because not everyone on the golf course will somehow give you the signages that you're looking for. Yeah, so you need to work on those two things. One your target market, filter of expertise. I obviously the first thing that I always say as a standard rule. I tell my colleagues that the client is the main ingredient of our success. So we thought a client, any shops will close. It doesn't matter which type of shops. It can be a bank, it can be a lot of it can be an engineer company, it can be anything. For as long as there's no client, there's absolute no need for that operate because those are the ingredient of our success. In actual effect, they are the main ingreds. So when I look at why should we then set up an operational ability for these people to knock at our doors? Yeah, I thought to myself, and I hope I'm not going part your questions. As thought to myself that instead of waiting in my office for the client, I must go to the client. Where do I find my client. It's not at a soccer field, it's not at the stadia. They are there in the course, because eight out of ten times, these are your decision makers, this are your company owners. These are the like minded individuals that I can certainly classify them as a target market. And as if it's not enough, I will then make it much more comfortable by getting them in one room. Can it can be the club, restaurant or anything. Just so we sit and at times have a discussion and before you know it, business needs to be circulated amongst ourselves. And that's not monopoly, it's an ideological common objective.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: No, one hundred percent, master mateka. I think we can take our three minute break right now and then when we come back, I actually want us to delve more deeper into the social golf aspect and business as a whole to say, how do we then capitalize as golfers on the golf course or as entrepreneurs on the golf course to make sure that we do not miss those opportunities. And what can one look out for when having conversations with people on the golf course in order for you to past out sell yourself and secondly, to solve solutions, because I believe every single business objective is to solve solutions for its clients. So if we can go for the three minute break and then when we come back, we will delve more into this conversation and yeah, we can get your sights on it at some stuff. All right, ladies and gentlemen, we're going for that three minute break, and then when we come back, please make sure that in the interim you refill those twenty litersbaccas of water. I am sure they are empty at the moment, because, like I said, we're going to have an insightful conversation. And you know, there's something that our guests actually pointed out today. I thought he was just into athletics and golf, and then he mentioned something about eighteen. So we learned as we converse with people. So it was a great one to find out. So let's go to that break and then when we come back will definitely find out a bit more about mister Mattek, his universe of golf, and his business as a whole.
Speaker 5: Invisible in Consulting your gateway to financial success. We specialize in providing the best solutions to manage your finance and accounting, ensuring a better life for you and your business. Our expert team offers top not accounting and tax consulting services tailored tovarious industries, including but not limited to engineering, medical practitioners in construction, nonprofits, events, management, attorneys in financial services experience the power of our best analytics, backed by a commitment to our clients. In a high level of knowledge and Invisible Ink Consulting, we strive to deliver the best service you can get, making your financial journey seamless and rewarding. Choose Invisible Ink Consulting for a brighter financial future. Your success our priority. Please visit us at www. Dot invisiblelink, dot co, dot seta to reach us www dot invisiblelink, dot co, dot st A.
Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airweeks where Murdie's and Banker collide, Welcome to the show. That takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and ts your passport to the golfing universe where every swing tells the story and every part has its parts lay. Get ready, step onto the large screens and dive into the world of divents, drives and delightful better.
Speaker 2: The Magician All right, ladies and gentlemen, it is still the one and only Tony tone on Bows and Teas. And like I said, if it's the first time that you hear my voice, you've probably been listening to the wrong frequencies. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the hardest podcast when it comes to golf talk, and the Magician is here to make sure that I give you a little bit of a whisk from my side, to make sure that you understand what's happening around you when it comes to gold most particularly in normal communities, not professional golf, but under normal circumstances where people can actually see network create relationships.
Speaker 3: So this is Balls and Teas.
Speaker 2: Now, ladies and gentlemen, we are joined today by the director and found out of MBI, Mastermataka, and he is still waiting for us to make sure that he gives us more information about his space or his universe when it comes to golf and his business Mastermataka.
Speaker 3: Is still with us.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm here, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Now, before we went onto the break, you mentioned very crucial points when it comes to business to say clients or customers are your main ingredient, and you find it very ungruty for yourself to just sit in the office and say that the clients will come, rather go out into the golf course and now put them into one room or have those conversations with them. But before we actually dig deeper into that, I just want to find out from your site in your own ways to say, when someone mentions the word social golf, what does it particularly mean to you, because it often under circumstances people would would would say, no, it's just an environment to relax, or.
Speaker 3: It's just for fun.
Speaker 2: So I just want to find out from your side, as someone who's in business, someone who is dedicated to what you do, whether it be playing golf, whether it be athletics, whether it be business. I just want to get the perspective from your sir.
Speaker 4: Yes, if you come across somebody calling themselves a social golfer, please remember this way. The biggest difference between professional and a mata is the direction of money. So professionals get paid to participate. Social golfer pays to participate. So that's what I'm trying to explain that in as much as I don't make a living out of it, m I'm passionate and still playing it as at the social level. Yeah, that's precisely what it means.
Speaker 2: So the other is getting paid while the other is spending money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the other one is actually paying to participate, and they guys will obviously get paid to participate. They're actually getting everybode to participate. Then everything is covered probably, but they will still be getting paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I think that that is a very solid explanation and I will keep that one on the records because it definitely makes sense. Now with that being said, I mean, you mentioned that you try to play at least twice or three times in a week, and you being a director and a founder of MBI, right, and having to spend so much time with different individuals on the golf course, I mean around the golf roughly last about four and a half hours to about five I was depending on the pace of the course on that particular day. So yeah, many people would go on the golf course for that four to five hours and then conversations start coming up. I mean we I would presume that people would talk about literally everything in the world to say, Okay, this is who I am, this is what I do, this is my family structure. Well, depending on how the conversation goes. Now, I want to understand on your side, as someone who's business minded and are on the golf course to actually make business, how do you then drive conversations or take whatever information or conversation to your advantage so that it aligns with your business objectives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, trust me, I've mentioned acting, So acting, I'm going to give an acting acting. You could be on set for nearly the whole day, but we appear on the screen for about to five seconds. Yeah, what I'm saying, So eight out of ten times you are not going to clinch the deal at golf on the day you meet a stranger. Yeah, it's an introduction and somebody needs to actually know. They must have a human touch on who am I dealing with because golf and it's always designed in such a way that it reveals your character trust me, I can be very impatient with people who have no artiqude when it comes to golf, and if you touch me based on that, it's okay. But at the same time, I find a lot of guys that actually resonate and understand that there's an artiqude and through that we start to have some common views about how can we sort of play and conversation just flow, you know. So it's not always that going to meet a golfer that has got something to give in actual effect. And I hate break this down. There's a lot of golf groups, and in golf groups there's ten credible men and sixty clowns, if I may put it away, because there's people who does nasty things and obviously go with the opportunistic mentality on the golf. So I'm just saying and using this word for everyone to be careful of exactly who they engaging when it comes to a golf because it can be over exaggerated. So always that I will have sort of somebody that can exchange business with my company, it is just six out of ten times, which is sixty percent of the time, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that's very interesting, and now I think that's where a lot of people have actually been misinterpreting the whole concept of conducting business on the golf course, because, like you said, there's opportunists out therehood mainly just go out there to say, you know what, if this person doesn't really talk the language that I will talk, then there's no need for us to continue with the conversation. Now, I think what you just said builds up to my next question, because I was going to say to you what I've noticed over the couple of years, the past couple of years, is that a lot of young professionals are then have started moving away from your traditional networking sessions and a lot of you'd find a lot of them getting more involved into golf because they have this ideology to say that is where business happens.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: One thing that uh, which is also part of what you said, you mentioned etiquette. An etiquaide would go with the setting itself, the environment that one is in.
Speaker 3: Our presume.
Speaker 2: I just want to find out if we if we're talking about golf court setting or a golf a social golf event setting that would be suitable for business conduct.
Speaker 3: Maybe let's say a golf day. Yeah, let's say a corporate golf date.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: That enables that environment where different stakeholders from different entities or different backgrounds would be in one place to create that net those networking opportunities. What would you say would be very crucial in such environments? Or yeah, what what would you say would be very crucial to allow those kinds of conversations to happen in such environments?
Speaker 4: Well, you need to be very strategic when it comes to your your potential client. Remember what I said to you, there's a target market, but there's also individuals that understand exec what you're looking for. Give an example with MBI Golf Days. MH his Golf Days of MBI was found just when the lockdown was starting to is on faces. And we then decided, remember we used to we used to occupy the stadium suit at Wanderers as our office slash suit where we we sort of have our VIPs coming towards crickets and stuff like that. We ultimately decided, I mean we are now sitting on the stadium and there's absolute no one coming in, there's no walk in blue, it's just the stadium be undert The next movement you will see in the stadium during lockdown. It will be like a cat going across the stadium looking for a snack, and you're sitting there. You are tress as well. Everything is done by then virtually, telephonically, et cetera. So you can't wait the day they say you're allowed to go out there.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 4: The closest I will have will be I will play golf at wander As and when I get a chance. Watching my office, no one is coming in, no one is coming out. It's just waiting for me. Is too quiet. And it's not just quiet, it's said people last their economically, we're not doing well, and how do I then start to build my company from where is left off? And I decided then as soon as they opened, we must go to the client. No more waiting for a so called client. We arrange ourselves to get a booking and CCJ then and we had a very good turn out. The business networking was not only about MBI. There are other businesses. Guys will obviously exchange their business. I was only running the networking session and advising guys on issues of It's very important for you guys to circulate the business, and in exchange of business you're supporting each other's business. We already have a pain of network where there are different professionals and they can use each other going forward. So I brought the concept and bring it to life. I've booked the lounge and making sure that when they are relaxed and seated, the introduction must be allowed. That you stand up with them. I can introduce yourself for what do you do, just so we know. Please bring your business card with be on the registered book and make sure that you are known for what you are doing for a living, just so I can come to you when I need service, when I need you to help me. And then well, some of the gens came back to me to thank me for the setup because they managed to find signages with some of the golfers. Evertonia, I can tell you we never look back. M So there we go in the field.
Speaker 2: That's that's one hundred percent what I would envision as well, to say, you know, when one does a golf day like like like I said earlier, you're bringing people from different backgrounds, different professions and for them to be in one room.
Speaker 3: You're not just.
Speaker 2: Exploiting opportunities on your own bag. You're also creating opportunities for other professionals from different backgrounds. So there's something that you shared in relation to business, one of your philosophies where you say that they develop a vision of the good life, device a plan for how to attain it, go for it and check the progress along the way. Now, I would like to ask you particularly, and it would go around playing golf as well as planning and executing proper golf day from your and would you say that the whole concept of planning and execution when it comes to a round of golf mirrors that philosophy that you have in your business.
Speaker 4: Yes, in actual fact, that is very personal because every men and women are there the are capable of becoming the business owners. Remember, employee has a potential to become employer, you know, because now the concept and the previous concept has always been I become an employee waiting to get pension. So that should come to an end where an employee should put together exactly what they've accumulated experience wise to become employer. So by it's not doing, we will then be able to create as much opportunities as possible, including employment. HM and I always say to them that if you want to thank me for what I had done for you, do not come to me. I think you rather look for somebody who find themselves in the situation where you found yourself when I was helping you, to help that person because I saw the when we'll have actually broke the chain of this disadvantage and bring it to something better, just so everyone can have the opportunity. But lastly, Tony, I told people that when it comes to legacy, it's never about the material tangible stuff. In my view, lega is when somebody can make a living out of your wisdom. Yeah, and that's how I've tried and accommodated everyone that gravitated towards benefiting from us. I said to them, I can only show you the ropes because I cannot afford to make you overnight success. But all I can do for both of us is to perhaps give you my expertise and share with you and show you and equip you and empower you and educate one another. Let be a continuous professional development. Let's develop this together, and ultimately that's how we go back and check what we have planted. But I get wepping it up. I said to them, when you eat fruits you don't throw away the seeds, and that's residesly how you keep evolving. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Such wisdom is needed in these times. And I like the fact that you said it's not tangible stuff, but it's more about creating a legacy from the wisdom that you have. Because if you can plant the seed, like you said, you don't throw away the seeds, rather plant it so that the next person can actually plow from it and the cycle continues. I really, really, really really they do that. Then I appreciate you sharing that with us, because often in life we are of the ideology to say that just because I do not have tangible resources to establish a business, or whatever efforts that I make will will go to no fruition. So you've planted a seat amongst myself and my colleagues, as well as all the audiences that's listening to say, whenever, whenever you've you've got a seed in mind and you've already exhausted it, or you've eat in the fruit of that seed, rather plant it so that the next person can can actually applow it. Just to move on to something a bit more relaxed, master mateka, I think this is something that will definitely disrupt that well. It has costed disruption in the professional golfing space. And since it's coming here in South Africa, I actually want to get your views on it to say, when you look get leave golf, which is the new in thing right now, and when you look at it from your professional investment, finance and sports background, what what what is your thought when it comes when it comes to the impact that it may have within the entire country.
Speaker 4: Look, thank you for the question, and this is just my opinion. I remember one of the media personnel asked me and I said, golf, it's not sports, it's a business because the economic impact that comes with this particular sports called golf. Actually it can somehow carry a village, it can carry a GDP, it can contribute to our well being. And that's precisely where Live was, in my views, was designed to perhaps put together such a huge substantial amount of money to atpect good golfers, et cetera. Even a so called average golfer will want to be the best. And you can only be fired by what is on the table. And tell you today, none of the golfers in the whole world with decline any offer, except for those who actually think they've made it already, but I'm talking about people who will want to perhaps get the exposure so live coming to South Africa. I think it's a huge economic impact to our economy, the GDP, et cetera. But at the second time, it's something that we've got to learn exactly how professional cedit because it's amazing to any how as human beings all egg below human beings in the world actually are given the similar opportunity by God two livings, eyes as sorry, hands, legs, two eyes, you know, the same size of mind, et cetera. But some are super super special. And he asked yourself that what actually distracted me from achieving this because we are given similar amounts of time, which is twenty four hours? Am I playing with my time? Am I not investing my time in this thing? I mean you can go look for what these guys do. They practice daily. They took it as a profession and I don't know, why are we not getting mm hmmmmmmmm.
Speaker 3: That's that's impactful.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I mean from if if, if we take it uh back here to South Africa, Like you said, there's a lot of money that's been invested in Live Golf, and a lot of professional golfers, even your average professional golfers would kill to get that opportunity to be a part of those fifty four players on the field. Now, if if we're talking about economy economic impact as a whole, I mean, uh, we we're talking about as ames, we're talking about unemployment and things of such nature. Do you personally feel that leave golf comes with opportunities uh, that can enable or that can improve the current unemployment rate or the current GDP. Like you said, Well, when it comes to the South African business market.
Speaker 4: You said, the conversation is more relexed. But now you can carry me and I'm gonna say this anyway. Remember let's count now we count informants, Tony. Yeah, how long have we known that live is coming to South Africa? M M And then ask, yes, ask any ordinary business person on what did they do to gravitate towards the opportunities that it comes with? Mhman, if you're doing nothing, you've got yourself to blame. There's so much that you can do. That's why I'm saying in a group of girls, there's always incredible men and eighty clunds. So we will talk and talk until live comes and go and there will be a fewer wether prepared individuals to perhaps gain out of it. And we were still watching them from the fence, and that is their problem. All we know, and you said, i' mna say it. All we know is to bend the tire and ask what is inform me. We are known for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are very true.
Speaker 4: Because at the moment we were supposed to be gathering in the lecture room to find out what is our creativity taking out of this? What are we doing. Do we have a retail shop to actually design some very nice sneakers for these boys, some actually heads, you know, something to entice you know, everyone wants to sell alcohol. That's precisely how far we can go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fully, I fully agree with you, And like you said, we've had ample time to actually cut apply our thoughts around how we can actually take advantage of li've got now just to move away from leave golf that magic. I'm certain that as a golfer you've noticed a rise in golf simulators across the world, and there's even professional competition that's been held where people don't really have to go to a golf course and they just play on these simulators. Do you do you think that something like that would really work in South Africa or do you think it something that's that would be appealing to our so called social golfers here in South Africa.
Speaker 4: Well, in my views, again, I think some of these UH designed are made specifically to sort of accommodate an avoidance of weather kind of a situation if it's raining and hold that in the golf and something that can assist to satisfy the passion will will do it. But I can tell you nothing that looks like golf will replace golf on the course. And that's my philosope. Yeah, I have all the gudgets. I can be honest with you. If it's being on the range, it's still not enough. I need to tee off. Yeah, I want to see where that ball lengds and it has to be on the fairway and then I have to hit my shot, whether around the green or on the green, put it through and that's my fulfillment. But any other thing can really give me the same satisfaction.
Speaker 2: I like your answer, it's very honest. Then I agree with it one hundred percent. Now with that being said, I mean, we are heading towards the end of our episode.
Speaker 3: I just want to find out from you.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that you've played give or take around fifteen years now already. I would presume that one of the west moments of the moonish moments you've had on the golf course was your first time on the golf course wearing formal shoes and yeah, you just had a rough day.
Speaker 4: But I want to.
Speaker 2: Find out your highlights on the golf course in Mata because I've so much, I've so often had people celebrating their successes on the golf course, especially social golf has to say this and I've had three hole in ones, or I've had the opportunity to win our schools annual competition for five consecutive years. So I want to find out from your side to say, what would you say are your highlights when it comes to this lovely spot, and apart from your first day on the golf course, what is the one momish moment that you'd like to share with our audience.
Speaker 4: The moment like as in embalancing myself, Yes, sir, oh no, damn okay, Look, the playing on formal shoes was one of those. But you know, my friend is so kind. He actually accomplicated me. And I thought to myself, as I get to learn that, you know, golf is actually made of a company that you keep more than just a game itself. And eight out of ten times people that then burras me are people that I don't know. Some will have a conversation that is somehow irritating as you play, and it can get into you. I'm one person that don't hesitate to call it to you out if something like that happened. And I can't be really specific, but I remember pulling out.
Speaker 3: On the.
Speaker 4: I think it was it was the twelve hold, because we spread from the back nine with the gentleman and the other one happened to be very famous DJ that we're playing golf with. And the other gentleman actually, you know, he kept on saying stuff, you know, and that thrown me off because the conversation on its own actually start to stuck into your after thoughts, and as you play, you always try and process exactly what you've received from this gentleman. And at some point they were both giving each other parts and I was very close to the whole, but I decided let me started because it's not like I'm expecting them to just do their gimme or stuff like that. And then the ju said no, but Chilus, you can take that one and the other one said no, not the way he passed. This guy might not think the ball, you know what I said, and the Antonio must be with you. I love at that moment, but I was very angry. I said to him, m hm, you know what, I think I have important things to do. I'll pick up the ball. I don't care what I paid seven hundred and fifty to play. You can take it. I would rather go look for the guys that are willing to play golf with me and trust me. The guy even had the audacity to actually tell other people on the group that I'm Agino pulled out what we're playing as if I'm a bad person. But I felt like I don't have the capacity to continue if we're going to be and then for me, that's embarrassing. One and two is laughable, but three, at least play with people that have something called the respect to each other. I've looked at it that way.
Speaker 2: Now one hundred percent agree with you. Respect it of utmost importance, especially in a field or you know, in an environment where everybody, everybody is deemed to be a gentleman and everybody is deemed to be respectable in their own sense.
Speaker 3: So I really really agree with you on that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's more like a grilliance than just the lashable it bally like it haunted me for a very long time. And but what the gentlemen wanted to achieve out of this but.
Speaker 2: Still not getting answers mm hmmm. And then, uh, mister, just before I let you go, I mean, I would really really like for our audience to be able to reach you as well when it comes to business related matters. Where exactly can they reach you? And then whilst sharing that, may you also share some ways of inspiration or ways of encouragement to people who were also intimidated by golf, just like yourself, to say, how do they get into the game and what would be the best approach.
Speaker 3: As your opinion, Well.
Speaker 4: I said this before, and I've always been saying that.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 4: Every man's the biggest enemy is their thoughts. And when I say men, I mean men and women. So whatever you think it's impossible, it's always impossible because of your belief. Just like when you create that negative thought, you start to have a fear, and that fear ultimately graduate becomes an admere. It wakes you up and you're just you're just having very very bad dreams. So happiness is very important because a happy person. I think you really need to possition yourself to a point where you must decide two ways of life. There's a noise which needs attention. You must decide whether you want to listen to it or you want to continue with the journey, because noise will delay you to your journey, but ignoredge will give you the wisdom to kre on with your journey. It is always the case that a lot of people dreams actually die before they realized those dreams because they had to invite a second opinion, even if it's a stranger. So one way or the add you've got yourself to blame if you don't ensure that your dream is put it into practice and realize that dream. You have to pursue your dreams. I believe there's a lot of potential businessmen and women who are held up by a fear, so they need to concare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and where can people actually reach out or how can people reach out to NBI, even institutions that are currently listening to the podcast, how do they reach out to you.
Speaker 4: NBI is based in Waterfall at the Waterfall Head Office, just behind the World of Golf between wood Meat and Waterfall and we are at fifty four Maxwell Drive. That's as if somebody wants to have a work in visits, We've always had a stalite office in Cape Town because the obviously one not tooth lines that we're trying to also grow with them. And otherwise you go to our website www dot Matzek Investment, which is singular investment dot and some will obviously prefer to just go to info at Matak Investment dot Matzek Investment and if they call, then they can reach out on zero one zero double zero five five nine four two and that's our office line.
Speaker 2: Awesome stuff, Awesome stuffs. Mataka are really really up appreciate your insights and your inputs into today's conversation, and I believe that both myself and our audience have really really learned a lot. Like if anything that stood out for me throughout this conversation is when you spoke about wisdom and the seat, and I think that's something that.
Speaker 3: Ignites life into people.
Speaker 2: Here in such ways ignites life into people because many, many times, like I said, we fail to understand how important it is to share what we know with the rest of the world, or to share what works with the rest of the world, because by so doing we're breaking chains of disadvantaged mindsets. So I really really appreciate all the inputs and having a chat with you today. It was a brisk and I hope and I look forward to greater things from MBI and I hope to one day meet you on the golf course and maybe have a round of golf with you.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Tony, thank you for having me. I really appreciate the time and plad that you actually partial in the same sentiments and hopefully we will catch up again.
Speaker 2: Like you said, awesome stuff, awesome stuff. So, ladies and gentlemen, there we have it. That's that day, Machilo Nick Mateka, who is the founder and director of my take a business investment. So, ladies and gentlemen, we head up plus today. And you know how I operate. I always say that if you're waking on Thursday, then there's something wrong. Because we got to play golf. Ladies and gentlemen, golf is life and life is golf. You cannot separate the two. And if you're waking on Friday, then we definitely need to sit down you and I to discuss how to make sure that you are out there on the golf course. If anything I can tell you is that all opportunities are available on the golf course. If you want to talk science, there are scientists on the golf course. Want to talk medicine, there's medical doctors or medical professionals on the golf course. If you want to talk entertainment, there are entertainers on the golf course. So we have been said, ladies and gentlemen, I shall sign out right now. I'm the one and only twenty tone, the magician, the ball with a lot of players, and yes this is balls and teas. Please make sure that you follow us on our social media pages and make sure that you catch up with all the episodes that you missed if it is your first time listening to us. But nonetheless, everywhere is there six pm you will catch us. We are on Spotify, we are on Apple Podcasts, and we are on our own platform www. Dot Bosantis dot Golf.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: The one and only Tony Tone signing it out, thank you, see you again next week.
Speaker 3: I love you guys,