Speaker 1: Welcome to Dad's on day clok. Parental discussion is advised mature content beyond this point.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, I made a playlist for hiking as music from Peanuts, The Cranberries, and eminem I call it my trail mix.
Speaker 3: Nice shout outs.
Speaker 1: I think episode nine is that?
Speaker 2: Was that your way back when? Oh yeah, I thought I heard that that was.
Speaker 1: One of the first ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see, you know dazz on Dago episode one sixties. The best part about that, I'll get there in a second. I'm know I'm doing the best part. I just realized about saying one's sixty is last week I was wrong, you correct me. This week, I'm gonna be right. So next week I'm just gonna say one sixty again so you can correct me again.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: It's like the you know your grandma when she says, oh, I'm like thirty nine and holding like I don't.
Speaker 3: Think it's been hold him for thirty years man seventy, which means you're sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: Nice oh man? So uh yeah, nice Sunday evening here. Uh before we get into anything special, well, this is actually special. We have to roll out the red carpet for dome. I'm sure he forgot, but this is where you cash your rics eats. And when you say, oh, I'll give you fifteen to thirty seconds of the Rage against the Pudding Pops on next episode. So the floor is yours, go ahead, rage against the putting Pops.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not ready for that at all. I totally forgot about this. What was I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: How high was I last week?
Speaker 2: I purposely left that off the show notes that I sent to you guys.
Speaker 1: Sucker, Yeah, I would have prepared.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see off the cuff.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that is not something I can do off the cuff. I am not that talented, not with that.
Speaker 2: No, no, wow, all right then no regagans putting pops. Every gets let down for a second week in row.
Speaker 1: It's me, that's true.
Speaker 2: Oh man? All right, well yeah pretty much, so dad stories, I'll go quick. I think I text you guys about this one. This is just down, dirty and simple and funny. We're getting ready Ellie ready for bed early. I think it was like Tuesday night, right early on in the week, and she's like adjusting her pants, and she adjusts her pants and she wipes her fucking butt crack with her fingers and then smells it and I mean like and then uh ask somemer to smell it. So it was like, no, I'm not gonna smell it.
Speaker 3: Get out of here.
Speaker 2: And I'm just standing there like at this point, I have turned around, put my face in the door, and I'm just laughing as hard as possible. It's wild.
Speaker 1: Oh she's she's so fucking awesome. That kid, That kid's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you gotta.
Speaker 4: Don't ever don't ever stifle that brain. Don't ever ever try and put a cage on their own that kid's brain.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 2: Gladstone caught it.
Speaker 1: Nice one.
Speaker 2: That's good stuff he got, and he didn't even understand. Whatever, move along, don't what do you got?
Speaker 4: So I got two stories. Uh one I'll make very quick. Grayson got in.
Speaker 1: Trouble at school. Uh, he got in trouble for fighting. So a kid, a kid.
Speaker 4: Came up to him and they were playing around and said, hey, you want to fight. Grayson had said something, he made a joke, and the kid cracked the cracked the joke back.
Speaker 1: Of what you want to fight?
Speaker 4: And Grayson's like all right, and he started to come at him. And the kid thought that Grayson was being serious. So the kid punched Grayson in the face, and Grayson, to his credit, was like, all right, hold on a second, and he stopped and he turned around and he went to walk away, but he was pissed off. So one of his other friends decided he was going to go after him and check and see if he was okay. Well, Grayson thought it was the other kid that was trying to beat him up from behind, so he turned around and swung and he punched this kid in the face, right in the side of the face.
Speaker 1: That's the story that I was told.
Speaker 2: Classic mishap, classic.
Speaker 4: Miss So I then I then get a message about from this from this kid's parent that Grayson had turned around and put him in a headlock and punched him a couple times, and I was like, dude. He goes, well, the other part's true, and I'm like what other part? Like, he's well, I was worried that it wasn't the that it wasn't him, It wasn't my friend, it was the other kid. And I was like, well, when you saw it was your friend, did you think to stop and not put him in a headlock.
Speaker 1: He's like it just happened kind of fast. I was like, Okay, well, you got two days of iss in school, suspension, you're gonna let it ride out, just do your homework, and I'm proud of you walking away the first time, right, Like, I kind of tried to shine some emphasis and some positivity on the good part, which was at the fact that he did try and walk away, and everybody cooperated that same thing, right, he tried to walk away? Yeah. Yeah. And then my other dad's story is Callie has a boyfriend. Officially has a boyfriend. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She seems if you're new to the show, welcome. If you're not new, go on.
Speaker 4: She seems to my daughter's fourteen. She seems to think that she has more freedoms than she does.
Speaker 1: If you are.
Speaker 4: If you are familiar with my past, which I've spoken about, I started very young.
Speaker 2: Eight years old according to last week, but who's counting?
Speaker 1: So, uh, you know, listen, I get it.
Speaker 3: What's Kelly doing?
Speaker 1: I get it right? So I walk in. The kid comes over, he wants to meet me.
Speaker 4: The first words out of his mouth are, I just wanted you to know that I'm not addicted to anything.
Speaker 1: I'm not addicted to anything, anything at all, sir, anything at all.
Speaker 4: I'm not addicted to cigarettes, weed, pills and nothing.
Speaker 1: You drink. I don't drink nothing. Nervous as all. Fuck. I was like, thank you, I appreciate you letting me know.
Speaker 4: It's my next My next question is have you killed anybody?
Speaker 1: Have you stabbed anybody? He's like what what? He got? All nervous. It was like, look, everything's fine, just be yourself and we'll work we'll work this out. Right.
Speaker 4: Ten to fifteen minutes into them, this kid being here and then being together, he's in their room. He's in her room. The door is closed, and I was like, no, no, no, nope, nope, open the door. Here's your one morning you know better, doesn't happen, period, Right, go about my bit, go about my way, start doing some some other stuff. Come back and she's laying on top of them like they were cuddled. Like they were cuddled. They wasn't like a weird position or.
Speaker 1: Anything, but it was it was close, like she was on top of them. I'm like, CALLI separate, put some space between you two. I don't want you minimum, I don't want you hanging.
Speaker 4: All over each other. Right, So the day goes on. The kid's very respectful. He's actually really nice kid. He's he's definitely young. But again, fourteen, right, what do you expect? So we take him home. Kelly's like, you don't have to be so overprotective. I was like, CALLI, if I was overprotective when you two were hanging all over each other, I would have walked in that room and grabbed that kid by his throat and thrown him out the window because you were way too close for what I like.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to see that. Now.
Speaker 4: I have respect for you and I trust you, so I gave you a little bit of leniency and I simply politely said separate a little bit, like, don't hang all over each other. I was very calm, I was very honest, and I was very nice. If you would like me to be overprotective, I can be overprotective. I have no problem with that. But you haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: She's like, proceed's let go over boyfriend cock.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's fourteen, dude, that's a predator joke.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Next week, I gotta get to know this kid first.
Speaker 1: Those are my two stories for the week.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, what about you stont oh Man, Where do I fucking start? So my kid's mom came into town the last weekend and she was hanging with Avery and me and her finally got the divorce all settled and it's done in the books.
Speaker 1: We're good. Who rah there.
Speaker 3: On the other end on Wednesday, So me and Jordan also host the Hapful Numbs Music Hut and one of our last guests, Rob from Racton Cabinets, was like, Hey, if you guys want to go to NAM, which is a North American music showcase, let me know and I can get you like special passes to get in. And so I was like, fuck yeah, dude, like if you're if you're serious about this, like we're down, me and me and Darius for years, like we've talked about going to NAM and so he came through and he got us patches and uh yeah Vietnam. Yeah you know Ben new men New Actually I have the story about that. So we so we fly. We decided to fly instead of drive. We were like, you know, fuck driving right now with how California is with crime and shit with cars, like Darius's key is gonna get stolen or like my shit's gonna get busted open, you know. So it's like, I don't want to risk it. He didn't want to risk it, so we said, fuck it, let's fly it. Tickets were not bad at all, uber wasn't bad, so it was like, you know, fuck it, let's let's not risk like a five hundred or thousand dollars deductibles.
Speaker 1: Just fly. So we flew there.
Speaker 3: We got a steal on this Motel six and we paid like two hundred and some odd dollars for three days. It was great, but it was a Miteil six in the middle of Santa Ana.
Speaker 1: So I was still on the hooker.
Speaker 2: That was nice to work, no joke, crime, no joke.
Speaker 3: Friday night, there was an exchange where a hooker was getting paid to go do stuff. I walked past that and I heard the girl like, already got ten minutes, where's the room number? And I walked past and there's a pimp and he was like, so here's what's gonna happen, blah blah blah, like talking with the John Doe. And I was like, oh, okay, all right, this is happening.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 3: But we get in there right and it's like probably like eight thirty eight o'clock, some run there, so just just wait.
Speaker 1: It gets better.
Speaker 3: So we get in there Wednesday night and Darius was like, hey, like I'm kind of hungry, like we should go get some food. And I was like, yeah, like I can go for a little snack. And we go outside. We started walking down the block and we hit this liquor store. They barely had anything in there, so we were looking around and we saw a jack in the box kind of like a half mile away, and we're like, yeah, let's just go ahead, let's walk there. So we're walking and I think we passed about thirty to thirty five crackheads just on the street looking to score, and they're fucking looking us up and down hard, and I'm like, dude, we should not fucking be out here right now.
Speaker 1: This ain't good. It ain't good.
Speaker 4: Only AJ can have a full on fucking conversation with somebody about the crime, about the worries and problems about I don't want to get I don't want to get shot, I don't want to get stabbed. I don't want to get my car stolen or broken into. So we're gonna fly.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take all these measures to be safe and any ghosts.
Speaker 3: To Sney tell you can't execute every decision perfectly. Something's got to have like some kind of margin of error. Okay, it's just is what it is in statistics, right, You.
Speaker 2: Stay at a holiday inn and your margin of marriage. You go to a waffle house at three am, that's your margin there, right, exactly right.
Speaker 3: So that wasn't available, so we had to do the next best thing. So we walk We walked to the back in the box and we open the door.
Speaker 1: We walk in.
Speaker 3: The guy was like, uh, I don't know why you guys are in here. That door is supposed to be locked. We close up the shop at like seven pm and oh shit, okay, well there's nobody in the drive through. Can I walk through the drive through and buy a burger? And he was like, no, that's not how the drive through works, sir. And I was like, I'm pretty sure my cash works the exact same whether I'm in here or walking through the drive through. I just don't have a car. And he was like, yeah, no, you gotta be in a car to go through drive through. And I was like, all right, buddy, okay, well, do you got any recommendations of like stuff that's open around here, and he was like, yeah, I think there's a burger joint, like down the road, opposite direction of where a hotel is supposed to go. So we leave and Darius is like walking in that direction, and I was like, Darius, it's your fucking ass back over here. We are not about to walk through god knows where to find a fucking burger for our fat asses. Like there's a pizza place literally right in front of the motel six. We're gonna walk back over there, get our happy asses a little something, and then go to sleep. So we go over there and we got a little something, and then we go back in the room go to sleep. And I was like, dude, this is just fucking nut's, like, why did we go over here? It's so dumb. Save somebody, but so dumb. So the whole night, all night, every night, somebody's running up and down. People came up to the door like two in the morning, and we're knocking and scratching our door. Fuck off, knock scratching the door. Fuck off.
Speaker 1: It was bad.
Speaker 3: So we went to Nam and that was a great time. We saw so many fucking people there, like so many legends. It was crazy saw fucking I'll name a name some everybody here on the show probably knows, and that's Jack White. Saw Jack White there. That was pretty pretty gnarly. He had his electronics company there promoting shit. But it was a whole lot of fun. Got to demo, a lot of gear got told the fuck off by ESP because their executives were assholes. But yeah, I saw some good people from Body of Filths. Shout out to Ryan and Joe. Got to hang out with them on Friday, and then then yeah, we had like a great time. Came back home. Uh, kid missed me a lot. I missed her a lot, you know, cuddled up last night and just hung out, and I was just thankful, thankful to all that I survived that experience. Now, one last thing about the trip, and this is hilarious because your boy was tripping on that fucking shit so bad. And this is the last night that we're in the motel. So somebody was upstairs banging a door like really hard and they were running up and down so right, so like I'm already like blasted, and I was like this, this doesn't sound good. I don't know if something bad's gonna happen. Here, and like me and Darius were just talking and talking, kind of getting ready to go to sleep, and then all of a sudden, you heard all these like really loud bangs going on, and I'm like, what the hell is going on? And Darius shuts off the light at the exact same time the AC unit shuts off, and it gets really quiet in there, and I went, fuck, dude, they cut the fucking power.
Speaker 1: What the hell.
Speaker 3: So then somebody sets off a massive firework outside that goes Papa pop Pop pop pop, and I'm like, dude, we need to go now. So I get my shoes on and I'm like, I'm like towards the back, like, fuck, dude, there is nothing in these fucking dry walls.
Speaker 1: If they come in here start shooting, We're gone. She's just gonna come through the fucking wall. Like we need to go.
Speaker 3: We need to bounce, go the opposite direction, get the fuck out of here, right And Darius was like, I think that's fireworks going on outside, and I'm like, I don't fucking know, dude, like like they fucking shot something hit the transformer, like we have no power right now, like like we're this is fuck, dude, this is fucked right, and Darius was like, I shut off the light, hommy, and I was like word, word, huh walk over these unit look at it and still on and I was like, yeah, I'm tripping and it took off my shoes. Laying in bed and I went to sleep and I slept sound the whole fucking night.
Speaker 1: It was great. And the next morning I explained to Darius what happened in my mind. He goes, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: He just perfectly timed the fucking lights to go out as that shit started happen, and he was like, yeah, dude, that was real, like the fucking fireworks are going off, and it did kind of sound like gunshots. I'm not gonna lie to you, so like you really experienced one last I didn't show. I was like, yeah, let's never stay here again, or let's stay here every time and just see what happens.
Speaker 2: Checks the ring cameras like a seven year old with sparklers outside.
Speaker 1: Pick alo pete.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's good stuff us All right, Well, last week we didn't get to there was one piece of stones Rundown that we didn't get to. It was a big piece, So we're gonna flip that over into this episode, so Stone take it away for this segment. Let us know what we're doing. And I think this is new to our show, so go for it.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: So we are doing a bracket kind of like what we did for Halloween and those past episodes, but we're gonna do it just on this episode here, and we're gonna do like top sixteen science fiction movies, right, And there was a shitload in that list from IMDb, and honestly I got enough for two, maybe even three more lists, like if I really like, break it down, right, So I took sixteen, I threw it into the AI and I was like, hey, randomize these for me, So randomized them. So we got some We got some matchups here in the first round that I'm like, damn, I was really hoping this wouldn't be the fucking matchup, but here we go.
Speaker 2: So Dome and I are picking, and if there's a tie break, you're gonna break it. Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So so we have our top sixteen here, right, you guys are gonna come in say which ones that you're gonna pick moves on to the next round. And if if you guys tie, I'll come in do a tie break and stuff the sixteen that we have on here.
Speaker 1: We have Inception, we have War of the World Let's let him be a surprise. Let's just move, let's get going. Let's you want a surprise?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, surprises?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So first up, we got Inception versus Blade.
Speaker 1: Og Blade Runner. I'm ready already, I know, want to We'll pick.
Speaker 2: Agree Inception?
Speaker 3: All right, all right, so we got Inception, moving on, goodbye Blade Runner. Okay, nobody's into AI. Number two, we got War of the Worlds versus Alien. Okay, the og Alien. This one, this one's a little little up there, but I wouldn't say it's a tough one to choose, but it's a good one.
Speaker 4: And it's the og Alien, the original. It's not the franchise, it's just the original.
Speaker 1: Movie, the Original Alien. I already forgot what the other one was, so Alien were the Worlds?
Speaker 2: I actually like War of the Worlds, but it doesn't beat Alien. I guess I'm not a huge fan of Alien. But whatever, it doesn't beat Alien, all right, it won't make.
Speaker 1: It to the next round.
Speaker 3: Next up, we got the Martian versus Men in Black.
Speaker 1: Men and Black Men never saw Yeah, that one.
Speaker 3: When I saw that one, I was like, ah, sorry, you know, whoops, Matt Day.
Speaker 2: And you know, I actually feel bad for that matchup, Like I feel like, honestly, if The Martian would have been in the previous two matchups, I would have taken that. I actually liked the movie The Martian, but against Men in Black not a shot.
Speaker 1: Actually I never saw I've never seen The Martian.
Speaker 2: It is good, it is good. It's not my cup of tea type of movie, but I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: The preview looked slow, and I just was disinterested from the jump.
Speaker 2: I gotcha, makes sense.
Speaker 1: Next one we got here.
Speaker 3: This one's probably the hardest one from the first matchups here, and I really hate that these two get put against each other. We got Predator versus the first Star Wars New Hope. For Star Wars to come out, I should say Star Wars New Hope versus Predator.
Speaker 2: So Star Wars four, Yeah, I don't want to. I'm gonna go Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do this. This is dumb. I don't like this game anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, they would have met up eventually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what I'm gonna agree again. I'm gonna go with Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, star Wars ship I was I was prepared to say Predator if like one of you two like you just tied it up. We're going Star Wars, all right. Star Wars moves on.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Next up, we got Edge of Tomorrow versus Back to the Future.
Speaker 2: Back to the Future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a shame too, because those are two good movies. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really like Edge of Tomorrow. That was a really cool concept. It was like Groundhouse Day, but you've taken into a war. Yeah, scenario I really like.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I'm thinking of Edging of Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck did I hear that? Did I hear the wrong thing?
Speaker 3: Too?
Speaker 2: Black to the Future.
Speaker 1: Yeah fuck, it's like that Sonic the Badgehog that I m.
Speaker 3: Moving on, Moving on nice all right. Next up we got.
Speaker 2: With his partner dragging knuckles.
Speaker 1: Nine tails is just a bunch of butt plugs. Oh god, that's good. Keep what's the next one? Oh god, m mm hmmmm, she's kicking all right. So next one we have Terminator versus Interstellar.
Speaker 2: You know, I was worried for because some of the first couple of matchups sucked. Now they're all like good matchups Terminator against what Interstellar.
Speaker 1: Interstellar was a really tricky movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really was a really good movie. Terminator hands down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Terminator, hands down. But I do want to give a nod to Interstellar because it was I take.
Speaker 2: I'd take Terminal Terminator too if I could, but we'll go with Terminator.
Speaker 3: You know, it's one of those things where it's like the first and second movie are vastly different movies, because the first Terminator is arguably a horror movie and then the second Terminator is like an action adventure sci fi movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I agree, And it's one of the few out there that the sequel is better than the original.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right.
Speaker 3: So next up we got ex Machina versus Planet of the Apes.
Speaker 1: Which Planet of the Apes?
Speaker 3: That's a good question. Now there's like a three of them.
Speaker 2: What it was the first movie X Machina.
Speaker 1: X Markena.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'll take Planet of the Apes.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 3: I think this one specifically on the page was the O G Like the O G Like we're.
Speaker 1: Going to assume that it was the newer one, and I'm gonna go Planet of the Apes.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, alrighty okay, so choice, why do we have a type bricause you said X market.
Speaker 2: No, No, I asked a question. I said Planet of the Apes. You said plan I thought you said yeah. Okay, so yeah, Plane of the Games moves on. We haven't differed from one yet. Predator was close, Predator, Predator was close.
Speaker 3: Okay, this one, I think arguably is the hardest on the list. Here for the first round matchup, and it's Stargate versus the Matrix.
Speaker 2: Matrix. Yeah, Stargate is a great movie, but it belongs nowhere near in conversation with the matrix matter.
Speaker 3: And see that's where I think both of you aren't true sci fi fans, because I think Stargate's like one of the most important sci fi movies of all time. Definitely over the matrix, not over the matrix because of your did you not understand what you both just said?
Speaker 1: Yeah the matrix.
Speaker 3: No, the matrix is definitely over. But like it's not like a huge margin thing. It's like maybe sixty forty, right, But Stargate does have its places, like one of the top sci fi movies of all time, because like it's so well done and it's a wormhole movie.
Speaker 1: It was a great movie.
Speaker 2: I totally disagree with your take on my love for sci fi. I love Stargate, But the the Matrix. The thing about the Matrix is you could throw away every Matrix movie except for number one. In my opinion, I think it should like Saw Saw one Matrix, just leave it alone. Just make the matrix and don't make the rest. I get the cash grab and that's what it was. But the Matrix is such a good fucking movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so good. Argue to argue your point a little bit.
Speaker 4: You're right, they are very close in terms of like how good they are. Right, But when you're asking to pick one or the other, the ten percent that is better, that is the matrix is it's a it's a very large ten percent, if that makes sense. It's it's the definitive bacter.
Speaker 1: Large ten.
Speaker 3: Like. It's just it's like arguing, like I need this penis extension that's one inch bigger, because it fucking makes all the goddamn difference. Hey, ten percent, It just you just went from two inch to three inch ten percent. Ten percent is perspective. You put ten inches next to a hundred. It's small, but you put ten inches up your ass. It's pretty fucking big, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Damn Jordan, I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying you didn't have to. You didn't have to put your business out there like that.
Speaker 2: But I set up yours, not mine. Yeah, my little booty couldn't take that.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe a four or five. Have you ever heard him fart? But no.
Speaker 3: Your guys's initial reactions were that it was like a hands down.
Speaker 1: Well, because it was.
Speaker 3: It's not a hands down, it's a close. It's a close situation. Hands down is like.
Speaker 1: Or hold on, hold on, we can. We can finish this argument right now. When your fucking vote matters, then we'll call on you move. I vote does matter. I came up with this list. I did this one.
Speaker 3: It does may trick, y'all wouldn't have mattered at all if I didn't make this list. You need me, baby, whether you like it or not, you always do.
Speaker 1: We need because there's another question. I love the book so much. It's adorable.
Speaker 3: All right, Matrix moves on. Now we're coming up.
Speaker 1: He's smelling four matches here. We got up first as inception versus Alien. I'm gonna go with Alien.
Speaker 3: All right, Alien versus what inception exception.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go inception.
Speaker 3: Mmm.
Speaker 2: I told I'm not a huge Alien fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess we'll just have to leave it here and never come back because my vote doesn't matter. Damn all right, next segment, you know to tie break on this.
Speaker 1: God, that's a tough one.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna do inception, like really thin margins, but yeah, I'm go goingception. Don't shoot he's agordium.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Next up, we got Men in Black versus Star Wars.
Speaker 1: And New Hope. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Men in Black mm hmm.
Speaker 1: If you go based on what the movie did for the genre, you'd have to go Star Wars. Agree, But I actually think Men in Black is a better movie. So Men Black.
Speaker 3: Better movie or better sci fi movie?
Speaker 1: Same thing. Thank you for my previous argument, you retard.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's a what's the explanation that it's not a sci fi movie?
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not saying it's not.
Speaker 2: No, no no, I'm asking stone.
Speaker 3: That there's no difference. And it's like that was my previous argument. You guys aren't true sci fi fans.
Speaker 1: Like no, no, no, there we go, no, no, there we go.
Speaker 2: The argument is still so I'm supposed to choose. I'm supposed to choose a movie based on other people's opinions, not you, and not my own.
Speaker 1: It's confirmed for dough Hold on a second.
Speaker 2: Because I would I would rather watch I would rather watch Men in Black any day over any Star Wars movie, any three of the Men in Black we have already World one doesn't.
Speaker 1: Count that this is a fucking sci fi bracket. So why why do I have to go out and now confirm it's two different arguments? Who's a better movie?
Speaker 3: Who's a better sci fi movie?
Speaker 1: We're already talking about.
Speaker 3: Those are two different Those are two different breakdowns right there.
Speaker 1: We have already talked about that they are sci fi movies.
Speaker 4: So I didn't have to specify that it was a sci fi movie because it's a different breakdown.
Speaker 3: Which one's a better movie? Which is a better sci fi movie?
Speaker 2: So which one's a better sci fi movie?
Speaker 1: To you? Men in Black?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, just don't I already know your answer.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta go Star Wars?
Speaker 2: So why is it a better sci fi movie? Better sci fi movie? That's what I asked, what's the better sci fi movie?
Speaker 3: Because it was definitely groundbreaking, Like there would be no Men in Black without Star Wars, right, because it changed the game for everything, because all you had to go off.
Speaker 2: Of was just Men Black is an alien movie? Yeah, purely, they're both. They're both alien movies, a different perspective of alien.
Speaker 3: Right, you have one that's perspective of here on the Earth now, and you have one that is long, long in the future.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: But for sci fi movies, right, what had came as a precedent, what came as prior is like Star Wars, because Star Wars came out in the seventies, Men in Black came out in the nineties, and then you have Star Wars laying the ground foundation for every sci fi movie coming out after that. But so death doesn't make it a better movie, a better sci fi movie. Now, better movie definitely has to be Men in Black because the technology was more up to.
Speaker 1: Date in the nineties and the seventies. Hmm, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then I guess Interstellar this bracket. I guess Interstellar wins this whole bracket.
Speaker 3: Then definitely Interstellar has a place to be up there. But but depends because there's definitely characteristics of the sci fi adventure that would take a movie over the top compared to Interstellar.
Speaker 2: All right, so men in Black moves on? What's the next matchup?
Speaker 1: Y'all can't win.
Speaker 2: We're not going to talk about each We're sorry that we're sorry that we've upset your bracket and.
Speaker 3: Get sucked into it. It is what it is, sucking to you guys again. Next one, Back to the Future versus Terminator.
Speaker 2: What is a good matchup?
Speaker 1: This is a really good matchup. I want Terminator.
Speaker 2: It's tough too, because they're both time travel movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they are. I want, I want. I'm in. My pick is Terminator. I love. Back to the Future is one of my all time favorite movies. Yeah, hand deals with robots.
Speaker 3: One kind of has robots in it, but not to exist Terminator does.
Speaker 2: It's like I think, I think here, I'm going to go. I'm gonna go with stones Rule and the better sci fi movie is Terminator.
Speaker 1: Where are the robots in Back to the Future? Back to the Future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking it back to the Future too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're right. Yeah, let's continue. Let's continue with being a sci fi expert. Yeah, definitely, Terminator. Move on, Trigger a last of that to myself, we got Terminator. Moving on.
Speaker 3: Next up, Planet of the Apes versus the Matrix Matrix Matrix agreed.
Speaker 2: I think a newer Planet of the Apes would have a better shot, but you did say the original and I do think the better story is the Matrix over the Planet Apes, because you could have the Planet Apes inside the Matrix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Listen, Planet of the Apes is more evolutionary tale, all in all reality. Like if we're gonna we're gonna say something about this, right, it's not necessarily sci fi. It's more.
Speaker 2: Definitely is what I think it's great about it.
Speaker 3: It's definitely sci fi. It's wormhole and as well, it's uh.
Speaker 2: Without planeting, the would not have had the Lion King. Yeah, not the not the car, just the real, the real life case. What I do want to say about Planet of the Apes so is it is a fantastically great movie. And that's why so many people have remade it and tried to revamp it and do it as their own thing, because it is such a great story. Yeah, and so yeah, it's a phenomenal story.
Speaker 3: And the fact that there's a virus going around that's making people incapable of speaking.
Speaker 1: Damn, damn. Next up we have the final four. We got an Inception versus Men in Black Men and black men in Black Men in Black.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Next, te.
Speaker 1: Permanent versus The Nature.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean it's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things you can't say, auntie. Okay.
Speaker 3: Second matchup, we got Terminator versus the Matrix. The Matrix, Oh man, it's a great matchup is a tough one.
Speaker 4: I I'm gonna I'm gonna stick to my guns with this. Uh the they were both revolutionary, m m. But I think that the Matrix ah.
Speaker 1: You know what, I can't even say that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: The more I think about this, the less I want to stick to my answer. The Matrix was my gut answer, and I'm gonna stick with it.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to try and talk about it because I might talk myself out of it.
Speaker 2: And oh, what was the Terminator's first round? Mat I can't remember. I'm just curious because it's Inestellar Interstellar, Okay, because I feel like it's gone through a gambit of good movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it definitely has.
Speaker 2: I mean, none of them are they're not Stargate. But I'm gonna go with Matrix. Also, Yeah, Terminator is a great movie. But I if if I was just straight up, if I was gonna say name a sci fi bracket, the Matrix is probably gonna be one of my top choices. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was going to be Predator versus the Matrix, but in hindsight looking back now definitely meant in Black has its merit to be in there instead.
Speaker 4: I will say this, I don't think that you could have a better final three in my personal opinion, Terminator and Matrix. Out of this group, there might be one, there might be some others that are floating out there, but out.
Speaker 2: Of the group, yeah, yeah, out of what what transpired, Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, uh the last matchup is that where we're on.
Speaker 1: Now, which is Matrix? Is the Matrix? Who's home team?
Speaker 3: All my guess would be considered Men of Black.
Speaker 2: Man better series Men in Black.
Speaker 1: Oh, hands down. But that's not what we're doing. We're not doing movie. I know, sci fi movie, that's right, it's right. Don't gout schooled and now he's educated. It's one thing I have not done.
Speaker 2: M Uh, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Matrix. I I think I think the Matrix is the better sci fi movie. Uh, personally, if I'm gonna choose which one I want to watch first, it's gonna be Men in Black. But I do think Matrix is a better movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say Men in Black.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: That's good. I like it.
Speaker 2: That's that's good.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Matrix. And that's why I said Men in Black, Yeah, because I wanted to hear you say Matrix. Yeah you did.
Speaker 2: Why do you pick Matrix?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: I picked Matrix because when it comes down to like cat and Mouse game, I really liked the Cat and Mouse sci fi that the Matrix was. And like, there definitely was in Men in Black two, like trying to hunt down that alien, you know, like cops and robberts kind of thing. But this was like with the Matrix, it was such a mind fuck because it was like you're a slave to these systems and they're trying to find you. It's not only silence you, but it puts you back in so you can keep making them energy and you're just trying to get your friends out and now you're trying to go and be free, and it is such a mind fuck.
Speaker 1: Of a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every time I it's it's it's kind of like it's kind of like Interstellar, and it's kind of like Inception, where every time I watch it, I find something new about it because there's so much involved.
Speaker 2: That's that's yeah. You know what's funny to me about the Matrix. And I think we've had this conversation before, because I know we've talked about because I love the Matrix or not the Matrix? The Men in Black right, and in my opinion, in order the best Men in Blacks in order are three to two and one. They are reverse order. For me, number one is number one is the worst one, but it's still phenomenal. Number three is hands down my favorite Men in Black. Absolutely, I love, I love, and I don't I can understand that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't disagree with you, per se like I don't, I don't want to argue with you.
Speaker 2: What I love about three is I love how three has the best villain out of the three movies. I would agree with that hands down. You have the time travel aspect, and then you also have the outcomes aspect with the I can't think of the guy's name in the movie, but how there's all these infinite outcomes and which one's going to be chosen at this time, right, So that kind of goes with time travel, but it's a whole separate ballgame. And then you have the whole story tied in from the beginning, from the very beginning to the end, and it's just like it just brings everything together, and it's just it's such a good movie, such a good story, and the villain it's just fun. It's such a good movie.
Speaker 1: I respect that.
Speaker 2: So but the Matrix, the Matrix wins this bracket. So ye, r I p Agent J and Agent m okay.
Speaker 3: Did you guys see the New Matrix that was with Chris Emsworth and the other person?
Speaker 1: You mean the New Men in Black? Either you have The New Men in Black?
Speaker 2: The World one? I did, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't I did. Did you like it?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 4: I went into it thinking it was going to be a terrible movie, So it exceeded my expectations.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. But if it was the first movie in the series, I never would have watched another one.
Speaker 2: That also makes sense.
Speaker 1: It makes sense. The tracks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I never saw it. I felt like it was just gonna be too much of a disappointment to what the originals were, and so I just said not to watch it.
Speaker 2: That was exactly where I'm at.
Speaker 4: I watched it when it came on TV one time and I had nothing else to do and was like, ah, fuck it, love it. Never had any intention to watch it, though.
Speaker 2: I do love those brackets, so they're fun. I like doing those mini brackets per episodes. Those are those are good times.
Speaker 3: And there's so many leftover, Like well, just in general, in brackets, just in general, when you can only pick sixteen of something so that you can fit it into an episode with some other stuff, it makes sense. But yeah, like you could you could spin off another two three for sure two sixteen movie brackets and then match those up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Lots.
Speaker 4: If you guys would like, if your if our listeners would like to hear us do any kind of bracket, We'll do any kind of bracket, any kind of bracket you want.
Speaker 1: You throw it at us, we'll do it. We're like, uh, just.
Speaker 2: For you, be word, don't tell us what you want.
Speaker 3: Be word, B word can go cook never mind fuck you. Our next bracket is gonna be Cora's ex boyfriends.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do that. In one episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually it's gonna be probably two.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, part one word too? Oh all right, well would you rather yeah, yeah, we could just do that first, I guess, and skip the next segment and just flip them, right, we could do that, yeah, whatever, would you rather do this segment or the last segment?
Speaker 4: Let's oh, I forgot about that one. I forgot that you would. Yeah, I totally space that. I had written down four things that make you go.
Speaker 2: Home, that'll make you go on. All right, so that's a that's a that's a dad thing. We did for a long time. We did that. I'd say it felt like every maybe like four to six episodes we did the things that make you go hau like. We did it quite often. So I said, let's write, let's do three or four each. So let's do round Robin Dome then me then stoned, go ahead, dome, take it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Do you realize that vertical videos went from being universally hated to the most popular form of consumption.
Speaker 3: H m hm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If McDonald's sold hot dogs, it would be called a mcglizzie. But if their ice cream machine actually worked, you could get a mcglizzard.
Speaker 1: B for Wiener.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 1: If you put a chamelion in a mirror, what color would it be?
Speaker 2: Mirror green? Did you just assume it's color?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bold.
Speaker 1: Dinosaurs are huge.
Speaker 4: But did you know that the largest animal to ever exist is still alive?
Speaker 1: You can't talk about b word like that. He has saved for the roast.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, b Word eight the roast. Hey, if cinderella shoe fit perfect, why did fall off in the first place?
Speaker 1: M hm m hmm.
Speaker 3: What if our entire life is flashing before eyes already because we're.
Speaker 1: Dying, but we just don't realize we're dying. It's better start getting fucking good. Jesus, do you know in Toy story it must be pure agony to be an unassembled toy? Oh damn are they Are they alive when they're unassembled or do they become alive once you get assembled?
Speaker 2: I would say they're still alive, hence Toy Story one in Sid's room.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good point. That's good point.
Speaker 3: Shit, it would be awkward though, right right. The bionical guy in the box is like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: What about lego legos? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey, why do feet smell? But noses run.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 3: You know, why is it that the closest person in front of you is also the farthest person away from you.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: It's because they call little t rexar.
Speaker 1: You know, a polka dotted shirt is still a striped shirt. They just run in the third dimension. Whoa, I blew my mind?
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, can you be wasting time? You can time be wasted if you had fun wasting it.
Speaker 3: Mm hm. You know they say opposite the tract, but how could you find your opposite when they're doing the opposite of what you're doing? Wait?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Mhm?
Speaker 1: H huh? What last one?
Speaker 2: You have one? You have one more?
Speaker 1: No? No more?
Speaker 2: I got one more? Can you can you super glue to a non stick baking pan?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I'm about to find out. So here's what happened. I got my dick stuck in a frying pan, my hands fucking glued to conclude to one of my cookie.
Speaker 2: Sheets, just like your ancestors would have wanted.
Speaker 3: Oh god damn right to round us out. You know, the selfie you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Post is what you actually look like. We are all just denying how fucking ugly we really are. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: I still remember the time when when Dome sent me a picture of his license, his old license, and I like fucking did the did the next thing, just to try and make fun of it.
Speaker 1: It's great, it's so great. Ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well it's.
Speaker 1: Like, would you rather have that as your license picture or have a different one?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I'd rather be black.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's the what's the best way to welcome with you into your house? M open the front door, dumbasse, and then I'll.
Speaker 2: Preheat the oven. All right? Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you know what the fastest living animal is on earth?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: It's the Ethiopian chicken?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, all right, all right, what.
Speaker 1: Are we doing?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Would you rather Now we're gonna we're a hop into some would you rather some old school? Uh? I goes period clock, come shot, here we go. I'll go stoned me and then Dome Stone Do you go first? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mine are all dirty? Would you rather be blindfolded or gagged? Yes?
Speaker 2: Blindfolded. I'd freak out if I felt like I couldn't breathe Give.
Speaker 1: Me what's somethreath? Your dumb ass?
Speaker 2: You just can't talk? No, No, I'm a mouth breather. I'm a mouth breather. I'd freak out. I'd freak out.
Speaker 3: You're trying to breathe and you're just spitting your drool like everywhere.
Speaker 1: Fucking oh Jesus, blindfold blindfold yeah, blindfold yeah, that off.
Speaker 2: Would you rather fight a KGB agent or a waffle house employee?
Speaker 1: A KGB agent thousands?
Speaker 3: No, man, the bitch is crazy waffle house because you know, at least at the end of the day, they'd be like, all right, here's some pancakes.
Speaker 4: You know you they both kill you. It's just with one you probably wouldn't see or feel it.
Speaker 1: The other one. Dude, the waffle house.
Speaker 2: This motherfucker just gave us ship for twenty five minutes about sci fi movies and then he fucking has the audacity to say, let me get pancakes at waffle house.
Speaker 1: God have right.
Speaker 3: My middle name is audacity.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: I'm still recording on it.
Speaker 1: We got all right.
Speaker 4: Would you rather be on the receiving end of a glory hole where you do not know who who who it is or what they're going to be doing, right? Or would you rather watch your mother participate in some glory whole action.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the I don't know what's happening in me gloryhole.
Speaker 1: Either way, it's ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't need another sibling, so I'm just gonna take I don't know the tap the word Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Now that's a sci fi movie.
Speaker 2: I think you're the of conception, not inception.
Speaker 1: Now that's Stargate.
Speaker 2: Started as Stargate ended with Planet of the Apes.
Speaker 3: Thank god they got Robie Wade as much later because I've been called terminator.
Speaker 2: I don't care if it's red or blue. I just hope she took the pill.
Speaker 1: Why does your mom have a bushel of bananas?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Alright, next up, without making fun of my mom.
Speaker 1: Definitely almost puked.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, I almost threw up earlier. All right, Stone, what do you got for?
Speaker 1: Oh god, let's see.
Speaker 3: Would you rather only have vanilla sex for the rest of your life or b D S M for the rest of your life?
Speaker 1: Why? Why are you gotta make me choose? I like them both? Uh m m m hm hm hmm baniasm.
Speaker 2: Eventually, marriage is the same vanilla and the same.
Speaker 1: So because there's.
Speaker 4: There's there's more variety. There there's are if you really know about the world of B D s M. There's actually a lot of there's a ring, a wide range you can do in there.
Speaker 2: It's not all picking. Would you rather have a unibrow or no eyebrows?
Speaker 1: Oh? A brow? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, straight up brow?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I would look like a fucking I mean I already looked stupid.
Speaker 4: You take my eyebrows off, and it's just like one sheer panel, like it's just all windshield.
Speaker 3: You look like a tesla.
Speaker 1: If Mader was a tesla, that's you. If Vader was a tesla's our fucking episode titled oh oh man is just straight. I'm gonna go, no eyebrows. I don't look like a fucking caveman. That wouldn't look like a.
Speaker 2: Well with his glasses, it doesn't hardly look like he has eyebrows anyway, Tell you does that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was gonna say, it's like raises.
Speaker 3: Nobody would be able to know that, Like you're like moving your head like that?
Speaker 1: Would you wait?
Speaker 3: Hold?
Speaker 2: You catch people off guard. He'd be like, is he moving his head?
Speaker 1: Can I can I sharpie them on my head? Fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do this right now on the east side.
Speaker 2: Do it right now? Scare brandy.
Speaker 1: Shit fucking hilarious, dude, Hold on, hear me out, hear me out.
Speaker 2: Shave one and try and sharpie your other one to be exactly like your real one.
Speaker 3: See what it looks like.
Speaker 1: I think Kelly left some of the eyelighter here, kids, kids, eyelighter ship. Let's finish this episode first, All.
Speaker 3: Right, that you were trying to ut, Yeah, you're okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Would you have one fly constantly around you, annoying you all the time, all the time, for the rest of your life, or have five to ten itchy bug bites on you all the time for the rest of your love?
Speaker 2: Fly fly Yeah, yeah, fly, That one mosquito bite ain't gonna ain't gonna take my life. Yeah, I'd fucking murder myself over a mosquito bite that wouldn't go away, like straight up, like you get in there.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the ones we had this past summer?
Speaker 4: They were bad, like King Kingman had some weird fucking plague that hit us, and it seemed like everybody had mosquitoes.
Speaker 2: It was fucking terrible. Yeah, all right, last round?
Speaker 3: Would you rather would you rather have your partner tell you that from now on forever they will do whatever you want. They can't say I know, or your partner is okay with you going to have a threesome once every other year and they're not involved with it.
Speaker 1: This is easy.
Speaker 4: I'd rather than them just not be able to tell me no, because then I could just ask for that anyway.
Speaker 2: Who wants to wait for every other year? Do it tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Not that I not that I want to, I'm just saying I would rather.
Speaker 2: It's just to prove a point. Babe. It's sci fi.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's sci fi.
Speaker 3: You fucking nerve.
Speaker 1: The ungrateful bitch.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I'm gonna take uh, I guess yeah? Option A.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh? Would you rather receive an alert every time your best friend has sex? Or they get an alert every time.
Speaker 1: You have sex? I would rather receive it when you had sex? And can you say that again?
Speaker 2: Would you rather receive an alert every time your best friend has sex or they receive an alert every time you have sex?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Think hard about who your best friend is. M mmmmm ag He's like, ding, mom, what Mom?
Speaker 3: What? I don't I don't know, I don't know what I don't know? What's more sad to be honest, because like Darius's phone constantly pinging or mine never pinging?
Speaker 1: This sex with yourself count hold on a second time out, because that changes the case.
Speaker 3: Sex is sex sex sex. You know what I'm gonna say, have my phone paying every time my best friend does so then I can be like, yes, send them at just congratulations, send the fucking balloons to his house.
Speaker 4: Oh Jesus, all right, pick a number three or four because I've got two more.
Speaker 1: Six? Okay? Would you rather fight twenty ten year olds or three sixteen year olds?
Speaker 2: Twenty ten year olds twenty ten year olds because those little motherfuckers think they're hard. I'm gonna drop every one of those motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, since you answered that one so quick, let me do my other one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sure yeah.
Speaker 4: Would you rather have to sneeze every time someone said hello to you? Or every time someone said goodbye? But it's not like a quiet fart, it's not a long fart, it's just loud goodbye.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now question is it someone you know? Is it anyone? Anyone?
Speaker 3: Like you're walking through the ball and someone ran says goodbye and just.
Speaker 1: Or if somebody says.
Speaker 3: That would also like really suck because if you had the bubble guts and you you didn't trust it, and then you automatically had to do it.
Speaker 1: Yo, oh my chip a little bit.
Speaker 3: There's no rules, says it can't be a shark babe ran through another pair of underword today.
Speaker 1: God damn it.
Speaker 2: All right, well that was that was great. That got off the rails in a hurry and just kept kept off the rails. Good stuff, good stuff, all right. Well dad's on deck Day Quail, episode six, the We'll catch you next week beat out later.
Speaker 1: That's out. Wait, guys, what's the difference between a fridge and a butthole? The fridge doesn't fart when pull out.
Speaker 3: My meat
Speaker 2: Smell like shit to you.