Speaker 1: Well, looks like it's a wake up call.
Speaker 2: Somes come past, the innocent, can never last.
Speaker 1: Wake me up.
Speaker 2: When septemberans, we got a whole month left.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, snooze.
Speaker 2: Like my father's come to pass seven years as.
Speaker 3: Cone up fast, Wake me up.
Speaker 2: When set taberans, he comes up again, falling from the stars, drench in my pain again, become as my mamory.
Speaker 1: Good morning on a Labor Day Monday. Gary Jeff Walker in for Brian Thomas, the second of September. I'm Billy Joe and Green Day, many of them here in the Tri State area. Who are? And people from I guess outside the arena, thrilled to the sounds of green Day live. Just the last couple of weeks, and now the fireworks are over, and the realization that summer is we're all intents and purposes over, and the weather feels like before we look at I look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history. September second, sixteen sixty six. God, I was really young. Then the Great Fire of London began, destroying more than thirteen thousand dwellings, hundreds of additional structures, including Saint Paul's Cathedral over a three day period. You think our fires are bad? The United States Treasury Department established on this date in seventeen eighty nine, and don't blame them for the things that the IRS does. Although Janet Yellen is not one of my favorite people right now, some of the fiscal decisions that are being made on our behalf. On September second, eighteen sixty four, during America's horrible Civil War, Union General William Sherman's forces occupied Atlanta burn it to the sea. Nineteen thirty five, On this date, a Category five hurricane slammed into the Florida Keys on Labor Day, claiming more than four hundred and If you want to flip forward to nineteen fifty eight, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed a National Defense Education Act, providing aid to the public and private education to promote learning in fields like math and science. We need a re establishment of what Eisenhower had wrought in this country's education, There's no question about it. September second, nineteen forty five, Japan formally surrendered in ceremonies aboard the USS Missouri and Tokyo Bay, officially ending finally for once and for all World War two this date. In nineteen ninety eight, a Swiss Air MD eleven jetliner crashed off Nova Scotia's killing all two hundred and twenty nine and in what some regard as the birth of the Internet. Here we'll back up a little bit to nineteen sixty nine. Two connected computers at the University of California, Los Angeles pass test data through a fifteen foot cable. In other words, they had virtual web sex. A National Guard convoy packed with food, water, and medicine rolled into New Orleans after four days of Hurricane Katrina's carnage was two thousand and five. Remember well, twenty thirteen, on her fifth try, US endurance swimmer Diana and Naiad became the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida without the help of a shark cage. A huge fire in Gulf Brazil's two hundred year old National Museum in Rio de Janeiro, as firefighters and museum workers raced to save historical relics there twenty eighteen. Things in Brazil are much worse than a fire in a national museums. It's a fire sale. Did you hear that X is completely exed out of the country of and there's an eight thousand dollars fine if people are caught trying to find a VPN to get Twitter. The information is being choked off by a government that has proved itself nothing to be nothing but New Age Marxists. It was on this date five years ago a fire swept through a boat carrying recreational scuba diizer divers anchored off the island of the southern California coast. The captain four others of the crew able to escape, thirty four people trapped below did not. Former Senator Alan Simpson of Wyoming is ninety three. Horse trainer d Wayne Lucas turns eighty nine today. Former United States Olympic Committee chairman and former Major League Baseball commissioner Peter Euber ofv clips eighty seven. Football Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw's seventy six Basketball Hall of Famer Nate Tiny Archibald is seventy six. Watching Tiny play hoops, and Tiny wound up not being the smallest ever player to suit up for an NBA team. He was five to eleven, but he could literally jump out of the gym. Producer Sean McMahon never got the benefit of seeing Nate Archibald play basketball, But he was before Muggsy Bogues, before any of the tiny tots got out there and stunned us. Playing against these other physical freaks that dominate the NBA, Nate Tiny Archibald was one hell of a hoopster. Actor Mark Harmon is seventy three. Tennis Hall of Famer Jimmy Conners turned seventy two this week. Football Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson man that guy could run the football, sixty four years old. Today. British Prime Minister Kiir Starmer is sixty two, still waiting on the final grades for Kir. Actor Keanu Reeves is sixty Somewhere in the matrix. He's having some kind of weird cake. Boxing Hall of Famer Lenox Lewis turns fifty nine. To day. Actress Selma Hayak is fifty eight. Kse I kse is fifty five. This is the rapper, the R and B singer case not case of Casey and the Sunshine Man. That's Harry Casey and electronic music producer in dj Z turns thirty five on this September second. If it is your birthday and I hope and pray for you. That is the most wonderful birthday you could imagine, spent with the people you love, doing the things you like to do. September second, Happy birthday. One in all, it's five thirteen now that I did some time to get things started this morning, I will tell you a little bit about our show. We have the fantastic Peter Bronson with us this morning for almost a full hour. Our conversations are notorious for being the chemistry, connective, relatable, local. It's good stuff. Also local author and attorney Rick Robinson to talk more about the relevancy of nineteen sixty eight as here we are in twenty twenty four, that's the name of his book. And we will talk about politics and have a few differences of opinion, which is always good for talk radio. Right, we have a full lineup which I gave to producer Sean McMahon, and I can't recall it all now as it was written down in the paper. That'll suit me for giving Sean my information. It's gone now, but it will all be right here between now and nine o'clock. And good morning to west Side Jim, longtime friend of the station, friend of mine, friend of yours, he says, morning firework King did not see a bit of what went on last night, had to get to bed too early when they were coming up on five point fifteen. We'll take a break and when we come back. By the way, I know, it's a holiday weekend, it's a Monday, it's early. But if you're out there and you had to get up and go to work today, or for some reason you are up at five point fifteen on a Monday labor day, feel free to chime in and give us a full report. As they like to say, I'd love to find out who else is out here except for me. Don't make me feel like I'm all alone. Come on, people, Gary jeff In for Brian Thomas, it's Gary jet Fund Labor Day on fifty five KRC, the talk station. That's five eighteen. It's September two, and mail in ballots are going out this week, sixty days before election day, sixty days before one of the more I would say, pivotal, no crucial, vital election days in America's history, where we will decide whether we continue down this path of neo Marxism, all out Marxism, and corporate America being in cahoots with the government, you know, communist China. There there are companies, but they're not independent. They're all owned by the state. And from what we've learned from Mark Zuckerberg and what we've seen over the last three and a half years or whatever, Facebook is nothing but an arm of the power elite in Washington, DC. Facebook is a company. While you'd say, what private shareholders, they have a CEO that makes plenty of money. I mean, you know, they pay their people. They are nothing but an arm of the Democrat Party. Against the backdrop of all that, back to election day, the sixty days around till November fifth, The first mailand ballots are supposed to be in voters' hands this week in some crucial key states. Now, this first batch is usually sent out to the military people who were overseas under federal law. That's going to happen at least forty five days before the election, or the twenty first of this month. Some states start even earlier than we're Carolina is one of them. Considered a key battleground state this year, they'll begin sending the mail ballots to all voters who request them, including the military personnel and overseas voters starting this Friday, according to their state Board of Elections. Now, voter registrations deadlines vary by each state. I think in Ohio it's thirty days before the election, between eight. But in Ohio, I know the early voting is it goes on for a month. Isn't that right? Westside? Jim could call and tell me, but he won't. I don't live in Ohio, so I'm not quite clear on it. In Kentucky, I think it's you have three days to early voter or something like that. It is more election day centric as far as when you can actually cast your ballot. But according to the National Conference of State Legislatures, most voting registration deadlines fall between eight and thirty days before the election. The deadline's October seventh in Georgia, which is a month out, another key swing state. Now, outside of the mail ballots again, there are any of the early states that offer some version of in person voting early and I was just mentioned in Ohio early in person voting will start as soon as September twentieth in some states, so you know, three weeks away we got people actually casting their ballot in person in Pennsylvania, another one that oddly will be pivotal in determining the outcome of the coming presidential election. Ballots will be mail that fifty days before the general election. The states that begin mailing ballots to voters more than forty five days before the election are My Commonwealth, Kentucky, Arkansas, Delaware, Minnesota, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Alabama, Idaho, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia, and Wyoming start mailing ballots to voters forty five days before the election. In North Carolina, Robert F. Kennedy, who of course, as you know, is endorsed President Trump, will remain on the ballot in the state, according to the state Board of Elections, because already two million dollars two million ballots have been printed with Kennedy's name on them already, and the first ballots sent to absent voters in eight days. There's no stop in that train. In other word, words, but it sounds kind of suspicious when you think that a Kennedy vote might be a detraction from a Trump vote. And as North Carolina arbitrarily decided to do this. Is that their law. I think they're claiming that there's nothing that can be done about it because the ballots have already been printed. Kind of wonder sometimes that the ballots have already been counted before any once even cast one. That's the way it seemed in twenty twenty to me. Now this is all. The first debate, of course, is eight days away next Tuesday. A week from tomorrow, Donald Trump and Kamala Harris will face off against each other. Tim Waltz and Senator Vance have agreed to October first debate. Now they're already voting. But as the argument has made many times, and I overall believe it, nobody really votes for a vice president, although the vice presidential consideration should be fairly shrewd since they're a heartbeat away from being president. But I digress. As of this point, according to this article I'm reading from the Epoch Times, which is a great news source, by the way, If any, it's not clear if any other debates will be held, and of course President Trump suggested he might pull out of the ABC debate citing concerns about bias at the network. And they've already directed. They've already demonstrated how in couhots they are with the powers that be in the Democrat Party in Washington right now in the Biden Harris administration. So can't really blame him for saying, Hey, I don't know if I want to walk into this lion's den where I will be treated unfairly in front of the American public. Yeah, he got through CNN, and that's one hell of a gauntlet all on its own. So we'll see. So five point five on Labor Day, Gary Jeff Walker laboring for you instead of Brian Thomas on fifty five KRCV talk station. Now I'm fifty five hundred almost awake now Gary jeffan for Brian Thomas on Labor Day. And actually someone else is out there, an early caller about early voting. Pat and Cole Rane, Good morning, dear, Hello, sugar lips.
Speaker 4: Sweet.
Speaker 5: Now they've got they said they can't take Robert Kennedy's name off the ballot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they said. That's what they said.
Speaker 5: In North Carolina, know, Okay, Well, here in the state of Ohio, I went to the library about a week ago. I guess it is. I got the ballots with all the names and judges and whatnot. And the very first name on this ballad is Joseph R.
Speaker 3: Biden.
Speaker 5: Now, if they can't take his name off, then they should be really voting for him instead of the elevated Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: So is Kamala's name on the on the ballot as a presidential choice.
Speaker 5: No, it is Joseph R. Biden and Donald R.
Speaker 6: Trump.
Speaker 5: So you know, I always say there is a little Shenanigan's going on, but.
Speaker 1: More more than a little.
Speaker 5: Yes, Joe was thrown under the bus. He knows where his place is in life, and they told him in the uncertain terms, and so the dams didn't get to really because Kamala didn't even make the primaries when she first ran. So, but she's been elevated, So I don't know what's going on. I keep praying and voting.
Speaker 1: So well, anyway, you're doing the important thing first. When you said praying, you're doing the most important thing. The voting's important too, But pray. Pray number one, vote second, and vote just as hard as you pray. That would be my advice. Bet more than one person, because it's so obvious. Has illuminated the fact that the same party that has continued to say and still continues to say, that Donald Trump is a threat to democracy have done the most un democratic things. It's in the name of their party, the Democratic Party. It is not demicocratic, nor should it be a party. It should be renamed what it rightfully is, and that's the Communist Party, the Totalitarian Party, the Marxist Party. I'm sorry. I know there are good Democrat voters, but there is nothing good about your party if you're a registered Democrat, not one thing. And they've proven it time and time and time again. The road to hell is paved with democratic policies, be they well intended or not. But yeah, they can't take Robert F. Kennedy Junior off the ballot. I think it's two states. I know in North Carolina, I thought there was one more that the state Board of Elections said, No, now it's too late, we can't take him off. What about Joe Biden? How many ballots were already printed up with Biden's Now apparently Pat got a sample from the life an official Ohio ballot that had Joseph R. Biden as a choice. Joseph R. Biden and Donald J. Trump. Those are the two selections. Don't you know what this a good idea. Don't even listen to the media or to the campaigns telling you you're voting for Kamala Harris versus Donald Trump, because the ballot doesn't say so. It's obviously a lie. You're still voting for the same policies that have been in place in the last three and a half years that have put our economy, our sovereignty, and your personal safety at risk every single day. A leopard doesn't change her spots. Kamala Harris hasn't changed any policies that she has held since before the twenty twenty election. And the evidence is there. It's on video, it's her own words. It's not AI, it's not chat GPT, it's not a deep fake. That's who Kamala Harris is. Not the apologist who's saying that she's changed her mind or shifted values and at the same time in that interview last week saying that her values are still the same. That was the only truthful thing she said in that sixteen to eighteen chopped up softball minute interview that was aired last week on CNN five point thirty five on a Monday morning Oh, we're getting We're getting cranked up now, Gary Jeff with you on Labor Day, Gary jeffon Labor Day, Mark Mix or one of his representatives at We've got Patrick Simmons from the National Right to Work Foundation. That makes sense for Labor Day. Gretchen Wallart, who was a mother and wife on a farm in Wyoming, who has written a book about Donald Trump called The Magic and the Mayhem of Donald Trump. She's a supporter. She admits there's mayhem, but that's really mostly caused by the people who vehemently opposed Trump. By the way, did you hear over the weekend or maybe at the tail end of last week? It came out into last week. I'm sure Brian may have played it for you, or at least a portion of it. We may have seen it somewhere else. I mean, you wouldn't have seen it on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN or MSNBC. But the Nicole Shanahan. Nicole Shanahan, of course, was the vice presidential running mate of Robert F. Kennedy Junior before he dropped out of the race. And it's about independence. Maybe Sean can find that for us. Before the top of the hour, comes, it's Nicole Shanahan Trump derangement syndrome independence. See if you can seek that out, we'll play at least a portion of that. I mean, that ought to be a Donald Trump ad, and in a way, of course it is. But back to what I was saying, I I don't know if there's any hope for Cincinnati in this election. There are obviously important elections all the way down the ballot and west side Jim could be more enlightening on who the Republican Party is supporting. I'm not that familiar with it, and you think I'm on the radio in Cincinnati. I should have some kind of a clue, and I do generally, But I know that Dick from Dayton doesn't know. Let's see what Dick knows. Action. Hello, Dick, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Good morning Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Happened Labor day? Buddy? Yeah, well it's it's happy. I guess I'm laboring. I just thought i'd call you give you a little pick me up. Well what do you think I needed to pick me up? Dick? No, I just know you're always I just wanted to say, uh huh, thanks.
Speaker 3: You know all my friends, like Dave, I just want to get down to see you.
Speaker 6: This year, it's been kind of down in the dumps, not singing you guys as much.
Speaker 1: You know, by the way, I want to, I want to. I want to tell you something. Okay, when you call me on Saturday mornings and then you call Ron Wilson in the garden here on fifty five KRC on Saturday mornings, right, that is the highlight of his morning in back. Yeah. He'll come during a break and say Gary Jeff would Dick from Dayton Cold and it just made my day. He is effusive in his praise of the Dickster. I mean, I'm telling you what, there is nobody that he would rather talk to Dick about anything, because of your wide range of topics, because of your wide range of interest. I mean, you've got you've got banjo, you've got mandolin, you've got you've got you know, triangle. Did you ever play the cow bell?
Speaker 7: Dick?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Never did, never did? Oh, yeah, you ought to take that up.
Speaker 4: I should shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I Yeah, you're in continuing in education as a senior because the classes are free, so you're you're broadening your horizons. You're I don't know, you're just you're You're like a renaissance man, Dick, and Ron.
Speaker 4: Loves fag yourself.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm dad.
Speaker 1: I've told people that, I've told everybody that the best time of my life was when I got.
Speaker 6: To meet you and him a Barbara and the lady you'd be.
Speaker 1: You'd be surprised how many people say that after they've met me.
Speaker 4: Let you go, buddy, Oh you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to talk some more?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, I was gonna talk.
Speaker 6: I just I know, I don't know if you're short a time.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously I'm not short a time. I took your call. Well I know, yeah, yeah, Okay, Well we'll talk to you next weekend.
Speaker 4: Okay, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Call Ron. Make sure you call Ron Wilson. Okay, okay, call you ever call Brian Thomas? No, I never I call uh.
Speaker 4: No, I I wait, I don't know. He doesn't take my calls.
Speaker 1: He doesn't take your call.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna use the underline, but uh, maybe say something to Joe.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm curious. I'm curious as to why Brian wouldn't take your call. Dick, You're always so so full of information.
Speaker 4: You I just wait, you know, maybe maybe he's got a different group, but I try to call sometimes.
Speaker 1: You know, well, you keep on trying. Okay, one of these days you'll grab that brass ring. Thanks goodbye, Dick, coming up on five for we that wasted some time. I'm sorry about wasting yours, but anyway, five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred. As I stated at the top of the show, there is plenty of great, great information to come. Fantastic guests, and it's all ahead in minutes now five forty five fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 8: We are loved ones suffering from illnesses such as TDS, also known as Trumps arrangement syndrome. Do you dismiss or deny the current issues facing our country such as historic inflation, illegal immigration, corporate corruption, World War three escalations, and the chronic disease epidemic? Are you willing to elect some who was the least popular vice president in modern history and who offers no policy or vision for America simply because your brain keeps telling you anyone but Trump. If so, you might be struggling from TDS. Introducing independence Independence allows you the freedom to finally think independently once again, instead of believing everything you hear from the mainstream media. Independence allows for constructive critical thinking.
Speaker 9: I used to hear people on the news say things.
Speaker 3: Like Donald Trump and the movement he has encouraged are a threat to democracy, and I instantly believed it.
Speaker 1: Don't believe it, don't believe it. It's five forty nine. Time for our first guest. Well, I do love holidays because Gary Jeff gets to make some money because the regular people are out here. We are Gary Jeff Labor Day, and I have been most looking forward to this guest. I love all my guests, of course, line them up. I I did all this heavy duty planning to get just the right people for just the right segment. Most of it is people that have, you know, over the years, not only spark my imagination, but are great guests. And this is definitely Numero uno for me. Anytime he has time, and thankfully, gratefully, thank you God he had time for us today. Peter Bronson in the studio, how are you, peeple.
Speaker 7: I'm glad to be here on the holiday. What a great way to celebrate with my buddy Gary Jeff. Yes, yes, an all day long part. We will labor together.
Speaker 1: I hope it's not too laborious in the vineyards of talk radio. No much sleep I got last night. Anyway, Let's talk first and kind of tease your next book project, because people, absolutely overwhelmingly, and you know this from local book sales, love your books about Cincinnati and its history, this area's history, you know, from the Man who Saved Cincinnati to Forbidden Fruit to in our town. You all behind the lines, behind the lines about the riots in two thousand and one, what happened in the aftermath of that Pete. So this new book is it's a working title, yes I do. The working title is Promised Land, all right.
Speaker 7: And it's about the people who the really gutsy and courageous people who settled this area in the seventeen eighties and seventeen nineties, first in Kentucky and then in Ohio when a picture this. So, you're an American Revolutionary war veteran and you've just defeated the biggest superpower on Earth, the British Empire, and you get good news and bad news from the government. The government says, well, the bad news is we don't have any money left to pay you, right, so we're broke, and thank you for your service. But oh, by the way, hey, the good news is we have some free land that will give you in the Ohio territory. Well that came with a little bit of fine print bad news attached, which is that, oh, by the way, there's some people there that already think that's their land. And those are some of the fiercest and most cruel and barbaric people on earth. They are the Shawnee and Miami Indian tribes. Even the Mohawks and the Iroquois would not mess with the Shawnee, right and when they decided that you're not supposed to be on my land, WHOA.
Speaker 1: Anytime you get into a conversation about the indigenous peoples who were here before the Northern European settlers, the evil white men, anytime you get into that conversation, Peter, what is always left out of that conversation was that tribes like the Shawnee and the Miami Indians were slaughtering their fellow indigenous peoples long before we ever got here. And then when we got here, we got a taste of what they've been doing all along, taking over people's lande you.
Speaker 7: Know, butchering, the kidnapping, torturing, you know, I got to say, look, just to be clear, there were what we called at the time depredations, cruelties, barbarity on both sides. There were white people who took scalps as well. However, there were not white settlers who tortured people for days at a time by burning them slowly and prolonging their keeping them alive just so they could suffer for three or four days at a time.
Speaker 1: That was never done.
Speaker 7: That was done in the Indian tribes, and that had been done previously by those tribes to their enemies.
Speaker 1: Sure, but their enemies were other, and it was just a fight for land, yes, power, power, just tribal hostilities that go that went back centuries. And also, don't leave out another part of it that I was really kind of surprised to see is how much of this was incited and financed by the British because after the war they still harbored a lot of resentment and hatred toward the Americans, and they wanted to keep us from expanding westward because they were hoping to claim all of that land west of the Ohio River for Canada and their empire. So they gave they set up bounties and paid the Indians one hundred dollars for a hostage and fifty dollars for a scalp. And the hostages, children, women, men, whoever they could grab, if they weren't scalped and murdered or tortured, were given to the British and where they became slaves in Canada. No, the British were really no better than the cartels that are human trafficking across our southern borders exactly at will.
Speaker 7: And this went on all the way up to eighteen twelve, and it happened again in the War of eighteen twelve when the British came back and told the Indians pick up the tomahawk.
Speaker 1: That was their signal go after the America. Well, I mean just to I guess my original point was to divorce the Indigenous people from human nature, and the constant struggle for land, fight and power is really myopic.
Speaker 7: It is, and it also ignores the bigger scope of history, which is that land has always belonged to the people who find a way to use it best. The Indians required hundreds of square miles to sustain their civilization, not based on a hunting gathering society.
Speaker 1: They were almost in the.
Speaker 7: Stone Age, Right, the White Europeans came and they had tools, they had advanced civilization, they had better communication, education, and they knew how to farm, so they could turn one hundred acres into a farm that would sustain one hundred people. The Indians needed one hundred acres or one hundred square miles to sustain one hundred people.
Speaker 1: Right. So it's just the.
Speaker 7: Wheel of history is going to always turn in the direction of those who can use the land to its best advantage.
Speaker 1: I think a perfect modern day example of that is a state of Israel. Yes, they turned a desert into a paradigmic point in that part of the world. And who predicted that God? Yes, God, Amen. But I mean at the.
Speaker 7: Time they were it was as if they'd been given this little slice of god forsaken desert.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it turned out to be their promised land. It's amazing story. Yeah, and it's being written all the time. And Peter is writing that story again with his new book. When do you expect it out?
Speaker 7: I'm going to have it out this fall, so we'll have it in time for Christmas sales.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, another one on the list. Every time I have you on and you're talking about one of your books. I have somebody contact me outside the realm of radio, whether I'm at the bar or just people who know me. Said, yeah, I heard Peter Bronson. That sounds like a really great book. I said, it is. Oh, I have so much fun doing those.
Speaker 7: And Cincinnati not only loves its history, but it has a good reason to love its history because this region is so rich in history. This really is where so many things happened that determine the fate of our country.
Speaker 1: And this book is no exception.
Speaker 7: There's a lot more to say about it, but I'm gonna leave it front no later. But there's so much that happened here in this Miami Valley that really did determine the fate of this United States.
Speaker 1: Fantastic again. The working title Promised Land, Promised Land, looking forward in sometime this fall, and here we are. I'm the precipice of fall. Yes, you can't wear your white pants anymore. I don't have any white pants.
Speaker 4: I mean neither.
Speaker 1: Okay, no more white shoes more. With Peter Bronson as we continue, It's Gary Jeff on Labor Day, your campaign fitstop on the road to November.
Speaker 4: There's so much going on. I got to check in a few times a day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station. Hey, if you're listening to me right now with Peter Bronson and we continue in spite of your request for us to stop Garrie with Peter Bronson here, Yeah, just ignore those calls. Yeah, so I know that you love the political satire site, The Babylon b Absolutely, which we found out last week, was one of the news outlets or outlets online that the Biden administration wanted to censor in conjunction with people like Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook. Of course, no satire when it comes to COVID please, yes, we will not be allowed to laugh. We've got vaccine patents to protect you will stop stop laughing and like it. Fauci has money to earn from his royalties. Yes, well, today's been Babylon b totally divorced of that. Here's the headline. This is from last week. Do you have what it takes to be the bass player at church? The nine qualifications? Again, I'm not slamming bass players at church. The Babylon b is. I've seen a few, all right. Number one, you must have access to a bass makes sense. That's probably the most important one, and I'll agree with that. Two at least two fingers, so you can play both of the notes basses play during each song. Not a lot of love for bassis. No, never heard of a sharp or a flat. In fact, the inability to hear sharps and flats is even better. Ability to nod head slowly extra points if you can kind of sigh yes Lord under your breath without the lead singer hearing you. Ability to count to four, This one's crucial. Vowed number to venture into the D or G strings. That would be like heresy by but way worse numbers. I love this one. Pete can play Smoke on the Water, absolutely classic, absolutely necessary. Number eight the qualifications to be a bass player at church in a church praise bander with number eight poor personal hygiene. Get this one right and they'll give you your own little c through plastic cage on stage. So cruel. That's rough. And number nine no discernible music skills. Skills really just get in the way. The thing about I love about the Babylon b is that they cut everybody.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah. They have a great self deprecating sense of humor. For everybody, you know, I mean, no, there's no target off limits.
Speaker 1: This is what the first amendment in the Bill of Rights who are Constitution is all about is freedom of speech. And some people can find that speech events. Maybe people who go to church and love their praise band or bass players, they could find that offensive. I understand, I get you.
Speaker 7: I can enjoy it, and because maybe they've been to a lot of different churches and seen that bass player.
Speaker 1: So the point though, there being is that we know now at least from the testimony of Mark Zuckerberg last week, that yes, they did bend to government pressure to censor some speech, and it really reared its ugly head during COVID interacted. You can't take ivermectin, You're going to turn into a horse, and all the other things that they said that was that was nonsense, It was rubbish. Their line of truth was the actual disinformation.
Speaker 7: To inject themselves with bleach. That was another one. Never said that. Now that was allowed, but if you made fun of it, no you could not. I mean the whole thing, not only just the COVID thing, which still rankles and it is an outrage really, but also the election. What happened with the laptop story is still unbelievable. This was one of the biggest frauds perpetrated by our media, and it was done by Facebook. It was done with the cooperation and instigation of the White House. And if that had been if the media had done its job to investigate that, you would have unraveled and exposed the entire Biden crime family closet would have been opened wide for all to see, and voters would have been able to make an informed choice between those two candidates. And I have no doubt and the polls prove it that the election result would have been entirely different. So what we see here was that the Democratic Party and its friends and accomplices and in the media and in Facebook rigged an election. Yeah, there's no other way to put it. No, they rigged an election. And you don't have to get into all the mail in ballots and all the rest of these stolen election arguments. All you need to know is what the media did, with the aid of Facebook and the deep state to suppress the laptop story and to marginalize and censor The New York Post, for example, because that was the only mainstream media platform that was doing anything with it, and there you have.
Speaker 1: You rigged your stolen election. And they bumped the New York Post story right off of Facebook. Yes, yes, it was not even allowed. You weren't even allowed to talk about it. I know. It's just to me. I mean, if you violate the First Amendment, if you're the government and you take away through coercion, the right to have freedom and dissemination of information just because it doesn't parrot your party.
Speaker 7: Line exactly, that is that is direct violate.
Speaker 1: It's unconstituted totalitarianism. It's illegal supposedly in this.
Speaker 7: Totalitarianism, if the government gets to decide what speech is allowed and what isn't. It's the First Amendment is first for a reason. Yes, that's the one on which all the others are are based on, based on Without that, you have no other rights. They can all be taken from you because then they can manipulate what you think, what you hear, what is true, and what is not. They if the government gets to decide that, with the disgraceful complicity of our lapdog media, then you don't have a free country.
Speaker 1: Anymore, you know. And I'm not gonna go too long with this, Peter, but I don't want to sound like I'm to iHeartMedia, but all during COVID, from the very from like late March of twenty twenty, after we've just been locked down, through the election, through all of the Biden scandals, through all of the obvious Harris flaws, I have not been told once that I cannot say these things, state my opinions, and have guests on that have contrary opinions. So I just want to again thank the powers that be that are in charge here for allowing me to do that, because you weren't allowed to do that in a lot of other spaces in this country, and you still aren't.
Speaker 7: In some in the media Ben diagram or circular Earth Van diagrams.
Speaker 1: I love a ven diagram. Hey. Circles.
Speaker 7: Yes, we'll just take one circle here, okay, and say that in all of the media, talk radio and conservative websites represent a very small.
Speaker 1: Slice of little piece of pie, and the.
Speaker 7: Rest of it is mainstream or legacy media, whatever you want to call it, or the fraud media, the fake news, and that is all begun to be basically propaganda for the far left or at least the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: And it seems to me like some of that is unwinding now.
Speaker 7: I think it is because people are voting with their checkbooks and they're refusing to support people are the media with They're no longer getting subscribers. Look what's happening. They're laying off people in droves. Newspapers. The whole newspaper industry is basically collapsed because in part because of this, I saw it happen while I was working.
Speaker 1: More about the media and the election we're going to see in two months. Coming up, it's Labor Day, Gary, Jeff, and our guest is Peter Bronson. Yeah, here we are on Labor Day once again, rejoining us as Peter Bronson and Pete We we kind of delved into the media in the last segment, and I want to get a little bit deeper into it. Well that's my wheelhouse, you know.
Speaker 7: I know, I spent my entire career in newspapers, a little bit of TV, some radio, magazines, and now publishing.
Speaker 1: What was your first newspaper job.
Speaker 7: My first newspaper job was at the Onaway Outlook, which was way up north by the Macanaw Bridge in Onaway, Michigan, which I called on a Way to Nowhere.
Speaker 1: Well, you are clever so no, so from there you went.
Speaker 7: From there, I went back to the Greater Lansing area, where I worked for a chain of newspapers around Lansing and East Lansing. I'd grown up in East Lansing and did that until I was I landed a job in Cassa, Grand Arizona, and moved out to Arizona in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Three, long away from Upper Michigan. It was bold to lave me.
Speaker 7: We just had our first child, and Kathy and I decided that, hey, let's go for it. Michigan was in terrible shape. We had double digit unemployment, we had terrible interest rates. So we went out to Arizona and a boy, that was one of the greatest things I ever is during the Carter administration would have been in nineteen eighty three, Okay, so right early years of Reagan, right before Reagan's tax cuts kicked in. It exactly helped solve some of those problems out in Arizona.
Speaker 1: They called us the black tag.
Speaker 7: People because we were fleeing the Midwest and the rust Belt.
Speaker 1: All right, so you're in Arizona and then you finally migrated back up this way to success.
Speaker 7: So from Cassi grand I moved down to Tucson, where I became editorial page editor and columnist at the Tucson Citizen, which was a daily afternoon daily. Really fun there. Boy, did we have a lot of fun newspaper and at that place a lot of good friends there. Still go back to Tucson quite a bit because I love it. Great city. And then in ninety two I was hired to become editorial page editor at the Cincinnati Acquire, where I had a run for almost twenty years.
Speaker 1: As an editor and columnist. Marvelous run. Yeah, it was so much fun. And you were here during the Timothy Thomas riots. And that led to the Behind the Lines book about the police collaborative, Yes, which was it resulted out of that, which.
Speaker 7: Was done kind of at my own peril, because as I wrote the book, I presented a totally different point of view of events by interviewing the police than what was presented in the pages of our own pape. Sure, so here's this contrarian version where the police get to have their side of the story told.
Speaker 1: Finally, and that did.
Speaker 7: Not make me a lot of friends in the newsroom, as you might be suppecially here.
Speaker 1: But hey, oh I was when I'm here in the halls, I walked past the news department, and they're polite enough to say hello.
Speaker 7: Well, that's more than I can say for some people in the Acquiring news room.
Speaker 1: And then they're probably happy when I closed the door of the studio, I'm out of their sight. I didn't wear my Trump Vance shirt here this morning.
Speaker 7: So anyway, I always said, if they ever took a vote, I would have been out of my job there. If the newsroom voted, if the readers voted, different story landslide in my favor, because they wanted a different point of view. They wanted to hear both sides of the story. They wanted objective reporting. Yeah, not just the dogma of the left and the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: So the media, this was the I guess the thing I want to do originally get you with this line of conversation, Peter. The media needs this election to be close. They need to keep calling it razor thin margin. They need to have the the back and forth. They need to have the anxiousness from their listeners or viewers, because it fuels the campaign money machine on both sides. Then it fuels support of the media, and it fuels support of the media, the clicks and the eyeballs, they get the attention that they crave so much. Being a member of the media, yes, we're guilty of craving attention. That's why we're on the radio, I understand. But they have taken it to a whole new level in this presidential election year. But it happens almost in every presidential election. As you were noting, well, Athadia wants to foster this notion that it is closer than it actually may be, and that works for three purposes, the one you mentioned, which is to monetize anxiety for the media and for the Democratic Party.
Speaker 7: What they do is they make you feel like you have to stay constantly tuned in because things are happening right now, as if you have some way to influence it. You don't sure, but that's how they keep you in a constant state of anxiety. The second reason is that if they can figure out a way to steal this election again, then by saying all the way leading up that it's very, very close, then it makes it easier and more palatable for people to accept that no, it wasn't stolen, it was just a close election that went their way. So, for example, polls that might show somebody ten points out.
Speaker 1: Well, we can't have that.
Speaker 7: We can't have that, So we've got to make it close enough so that it never looks like it's.
Speaker 1: Beyond the margin of fraud. Right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And then of course the third reason is that they are all in for their side, and this is what they desperately want to believe and have to believe, is that they're winning because it is almost an existential threat to them to have failed and lost an election. I don't think anybody, I know a lot of people on both sides are deeply invested in politics, but I don't think anybody lives and dies for their personal happiness and worldview as much as the left does in politics.
Speaker 1: I know some people who aren't necessarily on the left or Democrats, but boy, they're pretty they're prett rabbitis they're pretty rabid. Yes, I've seen a lot of near foaming at the mouth. Oh, definitely when you get to and it's on both sides.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that they did this with the the election with John Kerry. Yes, they said, Michael Decaucus, go back to.
Speaker 7: The other elections and they'll they'll show you polling that says Walter Mondale is going to win all the way up until the final week, and all of a sudden the polls flip and say, no, it's going to be Reagan. So what they can do is that that helps to suppress the vote because it makes Republicans discourage They say, Walter Mondale's gonna win, why should I vote it? But it also it gives them a chance to go back after the election when everybody looks at it and said, wait a minute, you said Mondale's no. No, we had it right. We had it right in the last week before the election. So I've seen this happen. It's just it's it's transparently dishonest. I don't have much confidence in polls of any kind anymore. I think they can if you dive deep down into the questions and the methody, you can always find where the thumb is on the scale to push the answers in the direction that they want.
Speaker 1: Well, both parties, both candidates have internal polling which they don't release to the public, so they know what's really going on right now. The Hairs campaign and the Trump campaign both understand where the country's at. And I have a prediction. Okay, what's that. And I've felt this way for probably I mean even since the DNC and they just anointed Kamala to be the standard bearer. I think it's not even close. And when I say not even close, I'm talking about electoral college landslide for Donald Trump. I really, I've just I've had this feeling. I've been wrong before. I could be wrong this time. Okay, anybody holds me my feet to the fire, I'll say, yeah, I'll admit I said this, you know, on on Labor Day that I think it's going to be a massive rejection of the last four years and the lack of direction of what the Democrats are offering, or because I don't think Kamala Harris has any clue and her position is on anything when she's already flip flopped on the no tax on tips thing and at the border and all of the rest of this.
Speaker 7: It's a it's a stealth candidacy again, just like Biden in the basement, so people can fill in the blank and believe what they want to. I would say that I think I would hope and pray you're right, because I don't think this country can stand by and ratify open borders rise and crime. Horrible week, foreign policy surrender, Yeah, surrender in Afghanistan, a terrible economy, a cratering economy, increases in taxes again, reckless, profligate spending. I don't think this country can ratify that. I don't want to believe that we would ratify all that, plus the social agenda that we see on the left of basically child abuse with the things that they are ratifying and they want to see happen with children making chan decisions at the age of ten to make sex changes him.
Speaker 1: All frames that as mind your own business. Well, then why is the government getting involved? Yeah, with signing bills that allow tampons in boys' bathrooms, unlimited abortion, unlimited unfettered abortion.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean all of this. I just don't think this country is that country. However, there is. We've become so tribal that there are people who would vote for anything, and I mean anything, And Kamala Harris fits that bill because she is nothing at this point. You don't know anything about her except what her aids sometimes at anyone but Trump exactly. So they will vote for anything, any empty suit or pants suit in her case, any empty pants suit before they would vote for Trump. So I think that we do have a nation that's kind of split on the fault.
Speaker 1: Line in it. It's you're never going to bring those people around, Peter. It's all was a joy to have you, Glad to be here with you as always. All right, we continue Gary jeff on Labor Day, if on Labor Day for Brian Thomas in the aftermath of one of the biggest celebrations anywhere in the country in a metropolitan area, Riverfests yesterday and last night highlighted and capped off with the main event, the Western and Southern WEBN fireworks, which of course I did not see. In fact, for those of us who do part time radio for the most part, like myself, you kind of live for the holidays because hopefully the host will take off and you can take advantage and fill that slot. And so thus here I am. But that the caveat in all of that is you don't get to stay up late. Certainly you don't want to. I mean some people do. I think they're insane for doing it, for trying to do it. But you don't stay up for the fireworks. And I did have one eye open on the TV in the bedroom the other eye was closed on the pillow. I did see the opening of the Western and Southern Web and fireworks last night. I don't know if you got to witness them on TV or in person. And if you were watching them in person, what are you doing up? Like me? You had to work today Labor Day. But the drone show that they put on the first ever time as part of a fireworks celebration at Riverfest was phenomenal. And I'm an old school guy. I like my incendiary devices. I like to watch stuff blow up, and I will, hopefully for many years into the future. But the drone thing, the things that they can do with the technology that is available are horrific sometimes, but they're also you know, there are those moments where you just stare and wonder and go, wow, what's next? But that was really good last night. I saw that much of it. I didn't I DVR the incendiary devices. Sadly, there's another side of the coin. On a big celebratory night like it was last night in Cincinnati. In northern Kentucky, there was a woman shot at the Banks. Female victim taken to Children's hospital last night following a shooting around eleven thirty near Great American Ballpark and the more Line Loggerhouse at the Banks. Authority said the female victim was taking a children's hospital. Victim's condition remains unclear as of six point thirty four and this Monday morning. The violence continues, and I am told by people in the know that it happens a whole lot more than it's even reported. Especially in this town of Chicago. They can't hide it, but in Cincinnati they can get around it. I'm not saying that they do that on a regular basis, but I have been told by other people that the occurrences of violence, especially in that downtown area, and the city fathers not only have a moral obligation to put the criminal, to put and keep the criminals in jail because most of this is recidivist or its gang related, but there's also a financial, a great financial benefit to keeping us safe. And so the pressure should come not only from ordinary citizens like you and me, asking that prosecutors prosecute properly and put people in jail when they belong in jail and out of society, that the police are able to do their job and arrest the perpetrators, and that the community community participates by giving the police information. But again another shooting last night at the banks. In the midst of all of that, revelry sad six thirty six Sheriff Richard Mack. You know, sheriffs are on the front line of defending not only our safety and our property, but the constitution. And a guy who firmly believes that, retired Sheriff Richard Mack will join us as we continue this Labor Day show. It's six thirty six at fifty five KRC.
Speaker 9: The talk states, this is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Oh the sharp being has such team and his shows.
Speaker 1: Then early it is Gary jeffon Labor Day and our next guest. He is well, he's not only was the long arm of the law for many many years, but he is still fighting for all of our constitutional rights and he's been a constitutional freedom fighter. I would say his name is Sheriff Richard Mack. First and foremost, Welcome to the program. Sheriff Mac, how are you.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. Gary, It's great to be with you. I'm doing great and I wish America was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've certainly been doing your part. From what I have learned about in what I knew about you before we sat down for this chat. Coming up at the end of this week this Friday and Saturday in Orlando, Florida, is the Foundation for Freedom conference that you are heading up. And the call has been out to invite patriots, leaders, sheriffs from all around the country, and elected officials to come into participated and speakers from across the nation will be there to help himpower and revive our country one county at a time, which has been your hallmark as a sheriff. First and foremost, tell me, Sheriff mac where you were sheriff in Arizona. What county?
Speaker 6: Okay, it was Graham, like Graham Cracker, gotcha. And that's in the southeast part of the state. And it's just one county above the border the Mexican border. Only Cochise County separates Graham County from the border.
Speaker 1: What's amazing to me is that in this current presidential campaign, you have one side now saying a person who said, not one wall of border mile, not one mile of border wall will ever, not one foot will be built. And this was her assertion all along, and they stopped President Trump's plans to help protect our southern border with that wall and the other policies that President Trump had in place when he was our chief executive, our commander Wall was there down exactly and selling the scrap for you know, selling the rusted out wall that they left there for junk. So anyway, they've already wasted all that money, wasted our time, and in the meantime allowed our country to be well borderless essentially, except for people like you and other sheriffs who are on the front lines of this every day. And you want to talk about on the front lines. You're one county from the Mexican border in Graham County, Arizona. But now, of course, because of the Biden Harris administrations want to and an ability to fly these foreign criminal trespassers in on airplanes and bust them all over the country after they cross illegally on our southern border to cities all over America. I heard an interview this week with a woman in Aurora, Colorado, that's quite a ways from the southern border, and the entire she said, entire city blocks have been taken over by this violent Venezuelan gang. And I'm not sure of the name of this game. It really doesn't matter what the name is. They're criminals and they've been allowed to come into this country and break our laws. And now they're breaking the laws in Aurora, Colorado and one hundred other cities across this country. Why has this been allowed to happen? And you say sheriffs can play a key role, and they have. In Florida, forty four out of sixty seven counties, the sheriffs have said, you know, our constitution is more important than your illegal, unconstitutional federal dictates. And you had a great success in eliminating as far as our Second Amendment rights, our constitutionally god given Second Amendment rights of carrying firearms. You had this big victory at the Supreme Court. But tell me how sheriffs are actually in where they have the courage and they have the constitutional conviction to fight what the federal government has allowed in having our laws broken over and over and over again by millions. What are sheriffs doing and what can sheriffs do in each county?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, the sheriff is the clio and in my Supreme Court case, and people need to know this. This is the only time in history where a couple of sheriffs sued the federal government, took it all the way to the Supreme Court and won against the overreach of the Clinton administration. So one of my favorite clips is I sued the Clintons and lived to tell about it, and knowing that we beat them. And so the thing of it is that the federal government will continue to do whatever it wants until somebody says, you're not doing that here and the constitution does not allow you to do that. And I'm sworn to upholl and defend the constitution. And just because you don't doesn't mean I'm going to go along with you. Quite to the contrary, I will defend the Constitution, I will keep my oath of office, and I will protect the civil rights. Has anybody heard of civil rights lately? Martin Luther King's civil rights battle? You know, our organization really pushes for civil rights for all people, and yet I get attacked for that all the time that we don't follow the you know, we don't care about people, and we're racist and we're bigots and all this other stuff. And these are supposedly people who really care about stuff popping racism and violence, and we actually really do that. But these other groups attack us because they said we're extremists and violent. We have never espoused or advocated violence of any kind. We've never committed an act of violence of any kind. And in twenty years of law enforcement, I never committed an act of violence. And now these groups want to say that I'm a domestic terrorist who are violent. And even one of them is the Southern probably Law Center, and their lawyer was arrested recently in Atlanta for domestic terrorism. Nobody in our group has ever been arrested for that, but they do. But the key component of your question is this. The sheriff is the ultimate protector of the people. The Supreme Court case called us who sued the federal government. They called us the khlios the chief law enforcement officer. And indeed, your sheriff is the ultimate law enforcement authority in your county and in this country. And another reason why he is is because he reports directly to you. He does not report to another bureaucrat, to another politician, or to a county manager or town manager. His only boss. Now get this, folks, his only boss is you. We the people in your county, are the boss of the sheriff. And every four years, we determine if we want to keep him, if he's been doing his job, we decide, and we delegate that power to be our CLEO. He gets that power from us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, THEFF.
Speaker 6: That's why he's important. That's why he's such an important position.
Speaker 1: The sheriff of Hamilton County does not report to the mayor. It doesn't report to the council. And I think that the sheriff of Hamilton County, Ohio ought to remember that. Uh. And Uh Richard K. Jones, who's the sheriff of Butler County. That's a guy who's got some Yeah.
Speaker 6: I saw him come out on the news about COVID stuff. And we had a probably five hundred and fifty different sheriff's nationwide who stood against the COVID mandates, and God bless every one of them for doing it. And we've had you alluded to the Second Amendment. We have had twice sheriffs take a very strong stand against the White House and against Washington d c moves to make local citizens criminals just for owning a gun. And so sheriffs have stood against that. Our case stayed the Second Amendments, and our case stopped other legislation that was going to be passed because we've won on Brady Bill one and the Brady Built movement named for James Brady, who was the press secretary of Ronald Reagan who got shot during the assassination attempt on Reagan in March of nineteen eighty one. We found out after Brady Bill one that we beat Brady Bill's two, three, four, and five. All got stopped because a couple of sheriffs beat number one at the US Supreme Court. And so sheriffs have been doing a lot to save America. And we we love it when sheriffs take a stand, and it's called interposition. We're not talking about a physical fight with the federal government. We're talking about standing in the way, which is interposition.
Speaker 1: All right, hang on and sheriff, Sheriff Max, that's what our job is. We're going to talk more about this in just a moment. I've got to take a real quick break and we'll come back. Okay, you got it. You got a sheriff Richard Mack. It's Gary jeff on Labor Day fifty five the talk station i KRCV Talk Station six point fifty three. Gary Jeff on Labor Day again for Brian. Sheriff Richard Mack will rejoin us here in a few minutes at the top of the hour, talking about the border, about COVID mandates, and the Sheriff's role, which he says is the most crucial. They are the front line of protection of our constitutional rights and the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all American citizens. Wonder how he feels about the unborn. I guess they they're not allowed to vote and they don't pay taxes, so that means they're not citizens, right. I was just thinking the other day about how insane it is that in our society, with years of sin entitlement via the original passing of the court case of Roe v. Wighed back in nineteen seventy three, fifty years of tolerating this sin in our day and age. Now think about this, and I'm sure you have before. It's controversial to tell people that they can't murder another human being because the baby is a human being. But that's controversial, that's hateful. You don't care about a women's right to reproductive care. It's going to be a major thing on the ballot in just about sixty days. And it's a winning issue for Democrats because they truly are the party of death. The party of abortion is the party of death. And now that the Supreme Court is ruled and overturned Roe v. Wade, it is rightly constitutionally in the hands of each individual's date. That's President Trump's position. I respect that, But still it's controversial in our day and age, in our lifetime that it's controversial to say you can't murder another person. How does that ever make sense? How do people justify that? It's never It's never made any sense to me. But you know, we had this, this malaise and this supposed right to kill unborn children for fifty years in this country, so I can understand why some people are a little bit confused. Six fifty six more was shared Richard Mack on how sheriffs in many cases are saving their counties and can save this country. It's Labor Day. I'm Gary Jay at six fifty six and fifty five KRC the talk station as we continue our conversation with our lead CLEO. This morning, Sheriff Richard Mack joins us and there is a huge conference. First, Sheriff, I want to talk about this conference that's coming up at the end of this week in Orlando, Florida, where you're inviting sheriffs and elected leaders and patriots who care about our constitution and our country to gather together for this two day event Friday and Saturday this week. Tell me a little bit more about the conference, who maybe who you've got lined up to come already, and what you're expecting out of this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's September sixth and seventh, as you mentioned, this coming weekend, and we have sheriff's county Commissioners, the Black Robe Regiment, which is a group of pastors who believe in standing for liberty and standing for civil rights. We've got the ApoA, the American Police Officers Alliance CSPOA, our group, Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, the Florida Freedom Foundation, and there's a lot of people signing up from Florida and several sheriffs from Florida and the people who kind of, as you alluded to earlier, were creating sanctuary counties for our constitution and creating constitutional counties. Those people are going to be there, and I believe that's call your county. But we have constitutional lawyers who are going to be talking about the process and the legality of all of this. But the bottom line is we have maintained since I was sheriff, I've been fighting for this, and then I formed the CSPOA twenty eleven. But we've been saying that if the federal government or any other government agent or burequet is contrary to the Constitution, that is it is not wait and see if the Supreme Court will take a case on that. And then even though that's exactly what I did, but it's too costly and it's too time consuming, And then and by this sixth or seventh year, the Supreme Court says, now, I don't guess we'll take it. That means the abuse continued all that time and will continue. And when when people are being abused and their civil rights are being violated, like like like Martin Luther King. Martin Luther King was arrested over thirty times by corrupt government officials. Okay, let's just be real here. His battle was against corrupt government. Donald Trump's battle is the same one as Martin Luther King's corrupt government going after him. He's been arrested or charged over Yeah, he was arrested over three times, just like Martin Luther King. They both had the same fight, folks, against corrupt government. Wouldn't it have been great if some sheriffs would have said, I'm sorry, but you're not going to arrest Martin Luther King this time just because he's having a peaceful march or peaceably assembling. And same thing with Trump. Some sheriff should have stood in the way and said, no, I don't think you're going to do that in my county. But I guess that would have been Palm Beach County when they went through Mari Lago and did all that. But this two tier justice system that exists, folks, it's not to take to the Supreme Court. It's to stop at the county level. And it's something that sheriff should be doing, and it's something we promised to do when we took our oath of allegiance to the Constitution.
Speaker 1: It's amazing to me, Sheriff Mac, how many times you have referenced now taking an oath that you book seriously obviously to uphold and defend our constitution. These elected corrupt officials take the same oath and it's like it was like they just said, yeah, I'll have another glass of water. It meant nothing to them. Obviously, by their actions. Actions speak volumes way louder than words, and their actions have proven them unfit to hold these offices because first thing they do when they get into office is violate their oath.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right after they take the oath, they summarily ignore it or wittingly violate it. And that's the one thing that got to me the most. And that's actually why we formed the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, so that we could bring attention back to our promise and our oath and to our job and responsibility. And that's why it's there. And I had a reporter from Michigan Common just a couple of weeks ago, and he said, man, you've really done a job in Michigan. I said, why do you say that? He said, just about every single sheriff race in Michigan is talking about constitutional sheriffs and which Canada is the most constitutional sheriff. And I said, well, that's good to hear. I hope they vote for the right one, you know.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you if somebody wants to they've got the free time, I don't have the free time to fly to Orlando this weekend, although that sounds really nice. But if somebody still wants to attend the Foundation for Freedom conference coming up on Friday and Saturday this week, is there a way? Is there a path for them or a website?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: And Gary, I will tell you, I will personally comp you a hotel room at the hotel that's taking place at and that's the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando. Pretty nice place.
Speaker 1: If if if I didn't if I did not have to work, and if I if I don't work, I don't get paid. There's no PTO for ery Jeb.
Speaker 6: Funny thing about that, but if you could make it all right, Uh, my offer stands. But everyone should be going to our website and and all I all, I know. The simple one is CSPO a dot org and at that site you can become a member of the c SPO a posse and we helped train you to work with your sheriff locally. But this event will be all about that and more. And that is saving America from what's coming.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: And there's intel that there's going to be some real attacks on our infrastructure. In October seventh from Hamaque going after us one year after the day that they went after Israel and killed kids and tortured kids and other things that they did. And there's going to be an attack from within because that because the open border has allowed tens of thousands of terrafts to come into our country and they have and they're not here to play tittleweeks, folks. They're going to do an attack. An intel has said that it's going to be October seventh, but whenever it is, I don't care the date, but it's going to happen, and we need to be prepared and we need to be prepared for the violence that will come as a result of the election coming up. What November sixth looks like, and we want sheriffs and the public to be prepared. How is our infrastructure being protected, the grid, our water supplies and so on. Are they being protected? Do we really realize that they need protection and they need security. But this meeting will be addressing a lot of that and a lot more. How we can work we the people and keep this a peaceful movement to restore our constitution and maintain God given comes to republic.
Speaker 1: Amen Sheriff Richard Mack, thank you so much. Give me that that quick little address again.
Speaker 6: Okay, c SPOA dot Org. All right, that's where you on the front page. It'll talk about the Freedom Foundation Conference. You're all welcome. You get there and you're gonna love it. It's it's something that we've got to do. This is not a wake up tour meeting. This is a plan of action event, and it's go back into your counties, talk to your sheriffs and your friends and get your posse going and get preparations going for what's coming this fall.
Speaker 1: Sheriff Richard Mac, I pray you're successful because your success means survival for our country.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm afraid you're right. I'm afraid you're right. This is a this is the last ditch, last hope.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much, you know, and I'm not depressed. I'm encouraged.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 1: Amen? All right, Sheriff Richard Mack with us. It's Gary Jeff on Labor Day.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what prop those windows open this morning. It's nice on our way to seventy nine for a high Jemp a lot less human than it has been. That's a great thing, and it's a holiday for a lot of people. Tomorrow pleasant and eighty and to Wednesday we get even warmer. There is a slight chance of rain on Friday, and even not enough to make a difference then at least the way it looks right now, sixty one degrees. And it's time for our next guest as we continue on this Monday Labor Day on fifty five krc V Talk station. Back to our little special show here, Gary Jeff on Labor Day and joining us, another guest that I really enjoyed talking to find him ultimately fascinating and interesting beyond a lot of other folks that I've interviewed. I've interviewed a lot of people, but I've had him back numerous times for that particular reason. I'm always fascinated by his observations and his historical references. Rick Robinson man, Gary Jeff, you need to get out more often. If I'm the if I'm the best you could come up with you, you need to get this whole show is filled with the best. So you made the grade, you may make the great well You're playing on Saturday Wow, Wow, you made the cut.
Speaker 3: The cut.
Speaker 1: I've made the cut barely out of the bottom. I was the one who made it by by making the pot on the left. Hall Rick has had a lifetime and as a lawyer, and he is an author, and the latest book that's still out there is nineteen sixty eight, talks about many of the great parallels between nineteen sixty eight and this year twenty twenty four, both presidential election years and both fraught. Was some of the same kinds of questions in front of the nation, and there's some there's some distinct differences too. I think there are there are distinct differences, and part of that has to do with just the context of the times.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the tough things about writing this book, Gary Jeff, was being able to put your backself back in nineteen sixty eight and yet not be impacted by the manner in which stories were written, words were used, things were happening at the time, you know, three TV stations instead of one hundred and fifty, those type of things that were happening. That's one of the things that you have to look at as the context of not only what was similar, but what was different. We were both right in discussing who would be the Democrat nominee for president this year, in that we knew that Joe Biden was not going to be ultimately that nominee. He was the nominee according to the primaries. Millions of people voted for Joe Biden. Nobody voted for Kamala Harris. But in nineteen nineteen fifty eight, nobody voted for Humphrey either, right, And I think that that maybe pretends what's ahead in our future two months from now, because not enough people voted for Humphrey to put him in the Oval office. No, he didn't. And Humphrey, I think, and I think it's going to be the same this year. Well, I think it's going to be the same issue that eventually comes down. If you remember, looking back in sixty eight, you had Hubert Humphrey. Johnson gets out. Johnson believes that he can't win, he can and Cronkite, Walter Cronkite, has gone against him on Vietnam. He realizes it's time to get out of the race. He passes the torch onto Humphrey, who at that point all of the primaries had been run and or many states decided their deleg account by caucus, So Humphrey jun jumps into that whole thing. But when they get down to the actual convention, and you think of all the turmoil that you had between their first off, you had, you have Bobby Kennedy was killed, you had Martin Luther King was killed, you had all this turmoil that was happening. But when they get to the convention in nineteen sixty eight, Hubert Humphrey has to make a decision on whether or not he's going to support or oppose the peace plank in the platform. And there was quite a movement going on in the Democratic Party to get out of Vietnam. A peace plank gets put up. Johnson's deal with the President. President Johnson had been he would not go against Johnson on his how he was handling Vietnam. So he opposes the peace plank, which ends up not getting put into it. Well, the Democrats leave that convention so split it over that one particular issue that Hubert Humphrey didn't stand a chance. Starting on the Thursday after the convention, it was it was over. It was done. Now I guess the question is for Harris, is Gaza going to cause the same split in Democratic circles as did the Vietnam War, and I think that remains to be seen. Why didn't they picked Shapiro, who had been a much much more obvious choice for a vice president, over this bumbling football assistant football co volunteer assistant football coach who says mind your own business. At the same time, his administration in Minnesota had a COVID hotline where people could tell on their neighbors. That's not a mind your own business candidate. The guy is a dufe in my opinion. Well, I want you to know I called journey men to the local authorities before I got here. I just want you to know that to think keep their list of subversion people. I want them to know that I'm still out there at it. I'm not going away. But the bottom line is, when you look at all of this, and there has been so much gyration over the over whether it's Vance or whether it's Walls, nobody votes for vice president. I get that, nobody votes for vice president. He did not help her, is what I'm saying. I cannot think of many vice presidents who ever did help the presidential candidate. It's been very rare in those times that somebody has come up and you know, saved the day as a VP candidate, it just doesn't happen because people always look to the front, They look to the leadership, They look to the person that is the number one candidate going on there, that's what's going to decide. In sixty eight, did Hubert Humphrey was he on the ballot in any of the primary states. Hubert Humphrey was on two ballots. Okay, I take that back. He was on zero. He was on zero ballots. He was written in or put on a ballot, and that got about two percent of the vote in nineteen sixty eight, so a little bit more than Kamala Harris got in twenty twenty, a little more two percent of the Democratic But again, the think back Garry Jeff, is that most of the states did not have primaries at the time. It was really was controlled by both Republicans and Democrats, by party insiders who when you got to the state convention, there are a lot of twisting of arms of who you were going to be for. Yeah, okay, well, I mean the Democrats this time followed suit because they didn't. They didn't. They twisted everybody's arm and said, Hey, it's Kamala even though nobody voted for I am you want to talk about a man Cherian candidate or a Trojan horse candidate. She definitely looks like to me, and especially since she is not until this past Thursday when she did the recorded CNN interview Bring Your Daddy to Workday with Tim Waltzer candidate uh and you know it just to me, it just sounds like there is just you talk about a ground swell of enthusiasm for Kamala and maybe in her base, the Democrats, but I don't see it in the country overall. Here's where you and I are going to disagree. We rarely disagree on things. Here's where I'm going to go. I'm gonna put I'm gonna draw the line, the Gary Jeff Walker line right here all right. Here's where I think there's there's a difference. Is that for so long the American public has been dealing with the Trump Biden barbs back and forth, all the questioning of what it's going to be, everything else that is happening. When Harris, who I think actually grabbed the nomination masterfully because I don't think she would have been the play and one that people would have gone to, but that she masterfully got all the delegates lined up with party leadership very quickly. But Rick, she couldn't sleep with all of them. And let me make sure I give you the phone number of Gary Jeff Walker so that you could make your comments to him about those Boh, they've got my number. But I think what everybody has your number, Garry Jeff. But I think what has happened is that the groundswell of support. I think it is real, and I think it's coming from She's none of the above. How long have we been dealing with just the negativity in this campaign? And somebody to be able to say, Okay, they're not named Obama, Clinton, Bush, Trump, Oh there's somebody new none of the above. I think that's a large part of what's happening right now in the building. We'll see how it holds up. More with Rick Robinson, the author of nineteen sixty eight, as we continue, Scary Jeff with you on Labor Day fifty five KRC dot com Morning, beautiful day, enjoy it all or high this afternoon up to seventy nine, and that's it. It is sixty two at fifty five KRC, the talk station. The music professor Jim Lebarbara said this was the song that the record company of the Rascals did not want to be released as a single. It was too controversial. In nineteen sixty eight. It was the number one record this week in nineteen sixty eight. And Rick Robinson knows that because he wrote the book nineteen sixty eight, and I think he probably lived nineteen. Yeah, I was around in sixty eight. Around I was singing people Gotta be Free. So there you go, there you go. You know, well, you know what else came out that that month. I mean, if you take a look at that, you had a Harper Valley Pta, which becomes again with kind of a huge song, but also at the end of the month the song that defined nineteen sixty eight for me anyway. In September of sixty eight, the Beatles came out with Hey Jude. Stayed on the charts longer than any single, and it was the longest single to ever be number one. They released that in its full running length right as a single. It's like seven eight minutes long, isn't it. I mean, unheard of at the time that you would release a single that that long. Of course, the last three minutes are dom no no, no, no, no, no, no, no it It's hard to come up with those words. Hey, Jude, you know you're right. It was a great time. I thought it was. Sixties were a great time for music as well. Six sixty eight I think was the year to me that had its own soundtrack. Yeah, because if you look at everything that was going on, the turmoil and everything that's happening, you have the music scenes starting to change, and you have the garage bands becoming nationalized. They they're you know, I was looking the other day and you know, Bootsy was playing with his original band up in up in Clifton at the time, and I want to say, was the Pacemakers. They can't remember the name of the band, but you know he was just out doing that. And all these people that we end up coming to follow for so many years, like you and I hear music fans that we are see you know, that's that started moving up and becoming nationalize. To me, this is a distinct difference. And I know I'm not I'm not a guy who listens to a lot of music that is popular now, a lot of hit music, But I see very Little Corela between twenty twenty four and nineteen sixty eight. Music Wise, I would concur on that I think that the music was driven at the time by, you know, a belief on people like people everywhere got to be free, that they could chose that music was somehow going to change the world, and they believe that. I did an interview with the gentleman who wrote Eve of Destruction and performed it, and I mean that the way music, you know, will get to the radio. Then he went in he played the song for Lou Adler. Yeah, you're talking about Barry McGwire, Barry maguire, formerly with the New Christian Minstrels, and gave a couple of songs to the friends of the papas the whole bit. He goes in, he plays this song for Lou Adler. Adler hands the recording on. It's recorded on a sheet of paper that he had in his pocket, and it was him and a guitar, nothing else. Adler says, come back in and Monday and we'll record this. He's driving down the street on Saturday and he hears it Adler have recorded it, and he's like, I couldn't wait till Monday. He added a couple of drums and booms. Send it on the radio, and you know, here's his song being played on you know, played it on a Friday for the King of Music, and on Saturday it's on the radio. Yeah, and you know what, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Jordan River with bodies floating, considering the state of today's situation in the Middle East. But anyway, go ahead. Well, and that was kind of the comment that I that I have for Barry when I did this, is that you know this, you recorded this song the even Destruction, it's now fifty years old. Were you're wrong? And it was comment was actually brilliant. Gary Jeff is what he's saying. He came back and he said, I wasn't wrong. Here we are fifty years later, and people still are on the verge of their eve of destruction. If you look at what's going on overseas, if you look at what's going on in South America, you know, look at the different places where things are happening, and aren't they still on their eve of destruction? And I thought that was actually a pretty good point. Well, we had a warmonger as President Lyndon Baines Johnson in nineteen sixty eight. He was on his way out obviously, right.
Speaker 4: And we have.
Speaker 1: A current administration with Kamala Harris as a part of that very much has been you could say pro war with their continuing to arm Ukraine. Now Ukraine's invading Russia. Now was that really the mission? And we have Amass attacking Israel in the worst terror attack that that country ever saw. I mean, you're talking about the Yamkap war and all of that. There was nothing like the Hamas attack a year ago on October seventh. They're almost a year ago. And that part and parcel depends on the United States and their positions and their weakness or their willingness to feed the war machine. They're still doing it. They're still feeding the war machine in Washington. Be the Republican or Democrat. See now you could be a folk singer with that kind of language going in, going into we need to get that down into a song, into a track, because that was the whole folk movement right there. But yeah, you're right, and I think it goes back to again, will it be Harris's Vietnam? Will that issue become Vietnam? For the Vice President Harris Well, for the country's sake, I hope so, I certainly hope. So we shall see. Yeah, yes, we shall. We need to do a show the day after the election so we can sit here and uh well, I mean and figure out what what what went right and what went wrong. It's a Tuesday night. It's a Tuesday night. November fifth is a Tuesday night. I generally am here on a Tuesday night with election results. I did it. I did it two years ago, I did it four years ago. I'll extend the invitation now if you would like to join me on election night, I would love to. That would be a wonderful And watch prop your eyes open. I'll watch watch the results come in a couple of years ago I did for a local TV station when I was up in DC and the next day had to be in Wisconsin giving a giving a seminar. And that was one of those nights where it went all night. Oh yeah, I just remember showing up for the eleven o'clock session that I was doing, flying to Wisconsin and literally, you're right, having to can somebody get me two red bulls? Oh? I doubted to be decided by the time I get off that night at midnight because the Democrats will be scrambling to find enough votes that they can win again. Anyway, it's great to have you with us. Always a pleasure to be here. Gary Jeff book is nineteen sixty eight, still in print, still out there.
Speaker 4: Still in print.
Speaker 1: You can pick up a copy on Amazon, you can go to Headline books dot com, or you can go to your bookstore and say give me one fantastic. It's Gary Jeff on Labor Day.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: No, you couldn't have a Labor Day show without having labor be one of your topics you covered. It just makes sense. So I contacted the National Right to Work Committee and the National Right to Work Legal Foundation Defense Foundation, and we got Patrick Simmons, the VP, the vice president of that organization to talk to us about what liizahead for the American worker. Because we've heard Kamala Harris and now her vice presidential candidate Tim Walls talk about protecting jobs and middle class jobs and how the unions are the only way to do this. Kamala Harris has repeatedly called for eliminating right to work laws nationwide and forcing workers across the country to pay union dues just to stay employed. When she was a California Attorney General, she admitted an illegal brief that union bosses have substantial power to harm workers interests. But of course, Kamala has been recently known to flip flop on a lot of stated convictions that she apparently had in the past. We don't know who the real Kamala Harris is. That's another question entirely, and actually it is the question at hand here for Patrick Simmons. How are you doing, Patrick, I'm doing well. Good to be with you. Do you think that there's any chance in hell well that Kamala Harris is going to reverse her position on right to work laws around the country.
Speaker 3: No, you know, obviously there's been a lot of policy areas where she seems to kind of be floating with the wind and maybe trying to obsuscate some of her past views. But she has been very consistent in advocating that every worker in America should be forced to pay money to a union boss as a condition of getting or keeping a job. She's called the elimination of right to work clause, as you noted, and she's actually even gone further She suggested that entire sectors should be unionized in a process that wouldn't be about what workers wanted, but be about empowering union bosses just to a massive exponential degree.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems that philosophy seems right in step with Kamala's and the Democrats want to take control over all of our lives in the collective. You know, it's so communist. It is just so socialist slash communist. That leads, of course to Marxism and Mayhem when you have these collective kind of views about everything that we're all in this together thing. I hate that because it kind of violates the spirit of a constitution that protects the individual's rights and not a group. And we've seen a lot of that in this country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, and that's very much the view. It's a top down view. It's an idea that union bosses know better than workers what their interests are. And you reference it in the intro. You know, there was a Supreme Court case out of California, a bunch of public school teachers there or saying that, hey, the First Amendment should mean that we should not be required to fund union officials who all they do is they take our money and they spend it on their own agenda, an agenda that they often disagree with. And in that case, Kyla Harris, in her brief as Attorney General for the State of California, admitted that union officials have wide lead way to take all sorts of positions that are harmful for many of those workers who she would want and she advocates for and at the time were forced. But of course, since the Supreme Court ruled in the subsequent case argued actually by the National Right to Work Foundation that the first menment means they cannot be forced to pay. But she said quite clearly she thinks they should be forced to pay. And the fact that they're harmed by the very union so called representation, that doesn't matter. That they should still be required to pay up or be fired.
Speaker 1: You guys at the National Right to Work Committee and the Legal Defense Foundation have fought tooth and nail, and one of the things you fought so hard for is to help these states out with their right to work laws. There are twenty six states that have right to work laws. The Harris backed pro Act Big Labor Bill that their aim is to wipe out by federal fiat, not even by any act of Congress or vote of Congress, just by saying, you know what, we're in charge. Screw you. You don't have the right to work, no matter what the Supreme Court says.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The pro Act is the top legislative priority of every major union in the country. And Kamala Harris was a co sponsor of it when she was in the Senate. She's been a vocal advocate for it ever since. President Biden, when to the extent he knows what's still going on, he's been fully on board for it as well. And if they get the votes to you know, and even if it means eliminating the filibuster, you can fully expect that they're going to push this. And to your point, they're also looking for ways to do this type of thing without going through Congress, because you know, we know voluntary unionism and right to work is pop Popular polls consistently show seventy five eighty percent of Americans support right to work, which doesn't stop anyone from joining a union if they want, doesn't stop anyone from paying dues if they want, but it means it cannot be required and you cannot be forced to pay under threat of termination. So voluntary unionism is popular. Forced union is unpopular. But a Harris presidency is not about what's best for rank and file workers. It's about her allies in the headquarters that you'll see around washing DC if you ever go there, the big marble buildings where the union bosses work as they purport to advocate for the rank and file, but actually advocate against their freedoms and their choices.
Speaker 1: Michigan, one of the so called electoral battleground states, the swing state could decide the election abandon right to work this year. And what's been the result, Well, it's it's been bad news.
Speaker 3: I mean, and at the National Right to Work Foundation we of course end upearing about it firsthand from workers. We've had a major uptick in cases from Michigan workers because you know, Michigan was a right to work state for a decade. It saw excellent economic growth.
Speaker 10: Over that period of time.
Speaker 3: But you know, it also meant workers could hold unions accountable. So if they like what the union is doing, they could pay. If they didn't like what they're doing, they weren't forced to. Now all of a sudden, with right to work repeal, taking effect earlier this year. Suddenly we've got all these workers who are being threatened, many of them are being threatened even beyond what is legal. We had a case recently for a woman. She was told, hey, you got to sign a union dues deduction card or else we're going to have you fired. She filed a charge with the National Liberlations Board because that's a blatant violation of long standing law. And not only did they not back down the next month, they just began taking the money anyway, even though she didn't sign the card to begin with. And these are the cases we're seeing all across Michigan because workers are feeling the front of this and they're suddenly finding that instead of the choice that they had and they enjoyed for ten years, suddenly it's pay up or be fired. And it doesn't matter that you know, you don't like what the union is doing. It doesn't matter that the union may be taking political positions that you disagree with. That's something we frequently hear from workers all across the country, but including in Michigan. They don't like the political positions and the candidates often that union officials back, and they of course want to back them with workers money and workers money that is frequently paid under threat of termination.
Speaker 1: Patrick Simmons, National Right to Work Foundation, we will discuss a little bit further here in just a moment after a break. It's Gary jeffun Labor Day, fifty five KRC the talk station fifty three for a load temperature seventy nine is safternon in sixty one now at fifty five KRSUD not eing with Patrick Simmons, the vice president of the National Right to Work Foundation, And it's Labor Day. How's that? Jerry Jeff on Labor Day? And Patrick, we're back. Anti Israel union bosses on college campuses have been forcing Jewish students to fund their activities. How are they doing that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, this is the product of the kind of the intersection of a couple different aspects of outrageous coercive force unionism. So it actually goes back to an Obama era ruling that said graduate students could be forcibly unionized, and then of course in states without right to work laws, that means they can be forced to pay dues or be fired. And so you know, this is happening all across the country. We had a group of MIT grad students come to us, and they were furious that their union, supposedly their union, was spending all this time talking about Israel and uh and these were Jewish students and yet the union, there, an old line communist union, was making all sorts of radical you know, comments about partheid, apartheid, Israel and basically you know, and they found this deeply offensive on religious grounds and and also just you know, that they're being forced to associate with this and this union was taking their money and spending it on these types of things. So we had a long running case that just concluded and they were able to get out. They used the Civil Rights Acts religious liberty protections to to make sure that their money wasn't going to that union. But you know, it's a really complicated process, and it's one that they shouldn't have to go through at all. And of course, if you know, if it was a right to work situation, they wouldn't have to to fund these activities. But it's a big problem. And even when they're not forced to fund the union, they're still stuck under the representation of unions that take these types of positions. We've got a case currently pending at the US Supreme Court right now for a group of City University of New York professors. They're Jewish as well. The union there again takes all sorts of anti Israel positions, some of them are from Israel, and they just they find this deeply offensive that they're forced to associate with its union, and the State of New York says, these are your appointed representatives. They represent you to us, the government. And so they've got a case pending at the Supreme Court. It's received about a dozen a meekas briefs just in the last couple of weeks asking or backing their petition asking the Supreme Court to hear the case. And their point of view, and the argument they make is that, look, the First Amendment means we can't be forced to fund these unions. And that's what the Supreme Court argued or decided back in twenty eighteen in the Janis decision, which is we kind of reference that last segment. But now they're saying, also the first amount of protect freedom association. And so the idea of having a forced representation representative on you is wrong. I mean, we you know in this country, uh a, you know, a guilty criminal gets to pick their own representative. But but you know, in order to be a professor at a public university, the state of New York has to appoint a representative to you, and one that takes all sorts of offensive positions. So we're hoping that could be a breakthrough. We'll probably learn the next few months if the Supreme Court is going to take that case. I mean, if they do, they they could hold arguments next year sometime the.
Speaker 1: National Labor Relation Board and they're a Smek's decision if I'm pronouncing that right. He gave union bosses the power to bypas bypass traditional union elections. So in other words, you're you're forced to pay a union to represent you when you don't want to, and then you don't have any voice in who is leading the union. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is crazy. And you know some of us remember back in twenty ten during the Obama years. At that time, they wanted to do this, but they knew it would take a bill in Congress. They had the card Check Bill. Back then. It was very controversial, it was very unpopular, and ultimately went down because there was actually bipartisan opposition to it. But now the Biden Harris National Relations Board is basically implementing card check and they're doing so just through administrative procedures. And that's what the SEMEX decision does. It says that in the past, unions could collect cards, and we know that these are often collected under false pretenses. Workers are lied to about what the cards mean. We've had people being threatened. There was one case where someone said, you know, the union's going to come after your children if you don't assign the card. What all sorts of coor they show up at your house two three at a time, sometimes late at night. We've assisted workers who have had to call the police just to get union organized off their property. But these cards then get used instead of a secret ballot vote to impose the union on every single worker, even those who didn't sign would never sign, oppose it, those who signed under false pretenses. And so that's what's going on now. And instead of the traditional system, which was the union could collect the card, they'd go to the employer, but the employer said, well, you know, let's hold a secret ballot vote just because someone says they'll you know, signs the card. When there's a few big burly union guys at their door doesn't mean that they're going to actually vote for that union when there's a secret ballot vote and their vote is private. But this NLRB has dispensed with over sixty or seventy years of president to mandate that card checks be accepted.
Speaker 1: Now, and that same Labor Relations Board under Bid and Harris, and we probably just should say Harris just nixt the Trump era election protection rule where union bosses can manipulate unverified allegations to stop workers from voting out the unions and for bid workers from asking for secret ballot elections to challenge unionization by card check. That's another component of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just in case you had any you know, qualms, we're worried at all or unsure at all about what their goal is. I mean, this really kind of kind of lays it out. So on one hand, card checks to get in, but if you want a secret bowot election to vote out a union and incumbent union, suddenly they're making that extraordinarily difficult. And they're giving unions wide wide ability to kind of manipulate the system and block these volks. And we've seen these votes bucks for months and years at a time, we've had instances where the votes were all cast and then they ended up getting thrown out, never counted, and that's what's going on here. So in the past, when there was a card check situation, if enough workers got together, they could sign cards and force a secret bowot vote by overturning the election protection rule, which they did just last month, and that'll go into effect at the end of September. Here this is now no longer an option, and so you can get card checked into a union, you have no ability to challenge it with a secret ballot vote, and then once that union's in, you could be stuck for years paying dues to a union that a majority in some instances might sign a petition saying we don't want but that doesn't matter to the Biden Harrison l RB on Labor Day.
Speaker 1: That is Patrick Simmons from the National Right to Work Foundation. It's amazing, all right, Coming up, we will have Michael Letts from invest USA talking about law enforcement on Labor Day. This Labor Day special continues with our next guest. Of course he does. He is the president, founder and CEO of invest USSAY a thirty year law enforcement career, and she is I've had him on numerous times because he's great guest and has wonderful content. That's what we're looking for all the time. Here, Gary Jeff on Labor Day with the one and only Michael Letts from invest USA, to talk a little bit about the border, since there seems to be some kind of wobbling on the part of Kamala Harris when it comes to continuing Joe Biden's illegal border invasion that that administration and she's a part of that. I thought she was the border tzar, but apparently she's changed some of her positions or making people believe she's changed some of her positions because she realizes it's the only way that people will even listen to her getting away from saying Stuary Cities and all of the rest the Keeping Families Together program, which we will talk about. Excuse me and uh and how do we how do we go moving forward here if we want to have an actual border in this country, which we do not right now. Michael lets how are you? I'm doing great?
Speaker 4: Always your privilege to be on your show. It's great to be with the host that wants to make sure has Allie's just the truth for lacking that nowadays, and thank God that you're all here.
Speaker 1: So first and foremost the Keeping Families Together program, Joe Biden's amnesty program, give me your just thoughts on that, and hopefully Kamala Harris does not continue this because it could lead to an even greater incursion. So Michael, lets your thoughts on the Keeping Families Together program. It sounds so American. It sounds like the compassionate human thing to do.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, and they're having to laugh so much because you're right. I mean, it's the sounds like a slick slogan to me, and it is. When you take a look at these specifics of the program, people are asking, what is what are we talking about? What is the program? Well, let's quickly let your listeners know how this works. Do you have two ways, ultimately legal by the way of getting any of this country. You either walk across the borders and you don't get caught, and so you just get to go to anywhere you want to go and uh, you know you're here. That's it. We don't bother to force anything. Or you come across and you happen to get detained. I don't fear if that's the case you got detained. What happens is we take you to a processing station. Now remember under the old administration, under the Trump administration, we would take you there, ship you back across the river. You had to either wait in Mexico or wherever you need to go before you're if you wanted to apply for asylum before your case was purred. Now under the new administration, no, no, no, no, we just give you a little pink slip that says, hey, you need to report to a court at some particular point in time for a court date to have your case heard about asylum. Now that takes about six to eight years, maybe even ten years in some ensis to get that court hearing. But once you have that game, hey, we as the taxpayers will pay for anywhere for you to go. We'll make sure, you say, at a hotel, five star hotel by the way, we go to Day's halfway in this country. Make sure you have two and fifteen thousand dollars per month incidental credit cards for any needs you may have. We're going to welcome you with open arms. Now that having been said, what is this new program, Well, Biden not has in mind. You know what, there's a question about where these people can vote, because by the Constitution they can't. You have to be an American citizen. Are all up said about illegals voting. So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to everybody that's been given a probation in this country to have a hearing for political asylums. We're gonna pardon them. We're gonna give them a parole. So in other words, they no longer have to report in to determine their asylum. They're going to be granted citizenship at some point in time once they complete the requirements for citizenship. Now the only what they get you too decided there are no requirements of citations when you go in that way. So basically, here's what they're trying to do. They're trying to all these millions that we know about.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: Remember there are tens of millions that have come across that are illegal, that just got to what we call godaways that we have no idea where they're at, right, but those that we issued the little parole ticket, which is pardon them all. So now they don't have to come in for hearing anymore. They will be And they haven't figured out the logistics this year. What does that mean? Does that mean that they now go to the State Department you get a green card? Does it mean that they now can declare that they're American citizens before swearing in, Sir line, They haven't worked out those minor details yet. But what they are trying to send the messages is that don't feel bad about going to vote because you are no longer in violation of any laws in this country. Haven't come an illegally, You've been paroled.
Speaker 1: The first thing you did was break the law by coming into the country illegally. And and he's he's eradicating that whole philosophy, that whole principle. So that's a violation of our laws, which is a violation of our constitution. What why did he do Why did he do this? Did he in stated to help with Kamala's campaign or or the Democrat base.
Speaker 4: Hit the nail on the head, all right? You see they understand and the American people are saying, you know what, we're getting screwed. This is bad enough of enough, You're added, you're insulting us by bringing them in illegally. Then you're taking my task. Dolls that are supposed to be supporting the infrastructure, our veterans, et cetera, et cetera, and you're taking it and give it to them when they're illegal here to begin with. They're beginning to revolt against that. They don't like that.
Speaker 6: So in order to.
Speaker 4: Tone down the negative reaction that her campaign is all getting, she has slipped her position in the last twenty hours. You know, we might need to put a wall up after all, trying to give you the impression. Oh, I do think that this illegal thing is serious. While the other hand is making sure that all those that are in here feel very comfortable about doing. Their whole purpose in bringdom here is so that they can have election fraud and change the balance of the outcome of the elections, to make sure they say in power. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: Oh, certainly, if we go back to the Keeping Families Together initiative of the Biden administration, it sounds a whole lot. It's like you said, it's a neat little title, you know, that seems to be compassionate. It's kind of like passing the Inflation Reduction Act, which only made the inflation worse. It did exactly the opposite of the name of the bill.
Speaker 4: You're exactly what I'm laughing at is, Yes, they wanted that to be patured. Here's how you make it accurate. So this program doesn't apply to you unless you already have legal relatives here, because you want to keep the family together. We don't want to see you right break up your family. But no, none of that's in it. You don't even have to have any family members here. But we're still trying to keep your family Jack, even though none of them are here, because we think that title will cause Americans to feel a string of compassion and be more sympathetic to that they're trying to propose, which ultimately is the destruction of this country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't a program like this? Shouldn't this under the purview of Congress? I mean the people Congress and the Democrats complained NonStop about I'm illegal subversion of subverting around Congress to build the wall and to institute the executive orders that he did as president. But they really don't care if Congress is involved, if they're the ones in power. It's not dichotomy.
Speaker 4: You hit the nail on the head. You hit the nail on the head. The problem with what you just said, the truth not a problem. The truth to what you just said, he is, whether you're a Democrat Republican is irrelevant by law, by our constitution. The only one who can make determination about the legality of the citizenship of people coming into this country in Congress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would think executive.
Speaker 4: Brands can't decide. Okay, we've do decided that all people from this country don't have to give any paper, You're just automatically granted citizenship of the United States of America. Can't do that, only Congress can't. But isn't it interesting how this administration has never cared about what the law or what the costs. Their position is, We're going to do whatever it is we want to do. You don't like it, okay, sue us. And then about four or five years later, once't proud to get through the course system if we made it a say oops, sorry, we'll change it. But by then they've already done their devil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Michael Leeds is our guest. It's Gary Jeff on Labor.
Speaker 9: Day fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Next month, it's Gerry Jeff on Labor Day. As we continue our special programming for this special American holiday. And we're talking to Michael Leeds, the president, founder and CEO of INVEST USA. Before we go any farther with the immigration thing, Michael, let's just talk about your organization and what it does real quick.
Speaker 4: Well, thank Garry, I appreciate the invest MAK sure that every officer has a necessary protection to come home safe to their families. We've had to change technology over the years. We had concealable vests.
Speaker 1: That's the best you.
Speaker 4: See underneath their shirt. But unfortunately the only stop aside are with this new administration and the opening of borders and drug cartels, terrorists, human sex traffickers, criminals from other countries pouring across our border. They are targeting our law enforcementlers and they're using long range rivals assault rivals to do so. They will not be stopped by conceal a little this, so I'll cut right through it. So we had to develop new technology called active shooter vesk have titanium plates in them that will stop any around. But un fourteen ninety percent of cops don't have them. The criminal element knows that, and they're picking our guys and gals off lifting right, Please make sure that they're able to go home with their families and protect us on the next day to come.
Speaker 1: So the old school kevlar bulletproof vests are not up to the standards they should be to protect law enforcement, is what you're basically saying.
Speaker 4: You know, you are correct. And the old days criminal use a pistol. Nowadays they use an AK forty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And I don't think the answer is to outlaw the guns. We just need to make sure the people who are there to uphold the law and keep us safe have some protection themselves. So we talked about the problems with the Biden Harris border crisis. And you know, she can run away from it all she wants to, Michael, but this is she is definitely a part of this. She was named quote the borders are and then they denied that she was ever in charge of the border. Was do it When it's on tape. We can all see it. We can all see the president saying I'm going to put Kamala Harris in charge of this, and then she claims I was just going to see the root causes. Well, one of the root causes is your illegal intrusion into our country, your disobeying laws that are already on the books. That's a root cause of our immigration crisis, not what's going on in the Triangle countries. But so, what kind of solution would Michael let suggest when it comes to resolving the Biden Harris border crisis.
Speaker 4: Well, it's very simple. Expand first of all, on what you said. Harris's position was she was able to get Biden to secure three point nine billion, not million billion dollars that she took in a little suitcase with her down to South America and told the governments from Venezuela and other continents, here's what we need to do. You pay your people to stay in your country. We're going to help with their economic situation. They don't need to come to America. Well, they're not stupid down there, they spout said sure, and then they paid them and the people said, okay, I'll wait a day. I'll just take your money to day and I'll go to borrow in America. And that's what they did. That is her solution, when the real solution would have been what every American knows. Close the borders, put military units the same as they do in other countries, and make sure these borders are secure. You are welcome to come through the processes that Congress hasn't acted to allow you to be here. You are not welcome to come spy or invade, or decide to bring your drugs or decide to hurt our people any other way, and you you dealt with severely should you try to do so. That was shut it down immediately.
Speaker 1: I just referenced this report from last week from Aurora, Colorado. Of course, Colorado being a sanctuary state thanks to their do nothing, know nothing governor Polis, But in Aurora, Colorado right now, pretty good distance from the border, there are entire city blocks of this town that they never saw this before, They never asked for they'd never bargained for it, for sure, with their sanctuary state status, but their entire city blocks of Aurora, Colorado, big swaths of this town that have been taken over by this very violent Venezuelan gang. We've all heard about MS thirteen, but these guys that were released from prison and allowed to come here from Venezuela are even worse, and they are taking over apartment complexes and businesses and running rough shot over the citizens of this country free and it has all been just during the last three and a half years of this invasion. It's insane.
Speaker 4: Correct, it's called the well, that's the gang. We're talking about other data something to honest signature. People need to understand. We now have gang activity and cartels in every state of the all fifty states, something that's never happened before. They are all cooperating, working together. The old days needs to kill each other off, trying to you know, claim territory. Now they're cooperating, working together, and for the first time, intelligence sources worldwide now tell us that they are cooperating with foreign governments, enemies of the United States, Iran and others, who are paying them to create habits in this country, to kill law enforcement officers and to set the stage for terrorist attacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were given in Aurora, Colorado, we know for a fact, and your stay as you as you well stated it, it's in all over the country. But in these gangs, this Venezuelan gang has been given the green light to attack law enforcement officers if they're confronted and they've been doing it. They have been doing it.
Speaker 4: It's amazing and you know, you asked what we need to do to change in Look, here we have the greatest law enforcement. What's left of it anyway. The greatest law enforcement, the greatest special forces in the world, and as time we quit worried about at lasting everybody else's country and start doing our own. Secure our borders. We have the intelligence, our served in intelligence agencies. We have the intelligence. We know exactly where these people are at. Turn us loose, give us twenty four hours, we'll track down every one of them and we'll send them back to Hell where they belong. And that's exactly what we need to do and secure this country for our future children and our grandchildren, it generations to come.
Speaker 1: In closing, Michael Letts tell me about Restoring Justice US. It's a new initiative.
Speaker 4: It is a new initiative. Restoring Justice US is a too prong approach. Care invest USA is making sure we protect our officers. They component safety to their families. Restoring justice means reworking our judicial system, because you cannot have the best law enforcement but a two tier justice system. Nobody will respect it. We have that today. Everybody knows it. You have to be one class, you get treated one way. You have to be one party, you get treated another. It's time to redo our judicital system so that it is liberty and justice for all equally, which is what our founding followers have always thought this country should be, and it's time we bring that back.
Speaker 1: How do people find out more about Restoring Justice dot us?
Speaker 4: Go to our website Restoring Justice dot us. They can follow everything that we're doing there as well, and just remember that's the key. We have to rework our judicital system as well. No longer can we have activist judges people like that that want to thank if they can create legislation from the bench, because nobody in America except what's being done in the other way.
Speaker 1: Michael, lets thank you so much for being a part of our Labor Day show. I appreciate it so much.
Speaker 4: Jun thank you, God bless you, and God bless America. Have a great Labor Day.
Speaker 1: It's Gary Jeff fun Labor.
Speaker 9: Day, fifty five krc AH the Rooster's.
Speaker 1: Crown and the weather is just beautiful today. I up to seventy nine. It is sixty one now at fifty five KRCV Talk station. We continue this Labor Day extravaganza. Our next guest I not know a whole lot about her, So the first part we'll be learning a little bit more about our guest, Gretchen Wallart, who is, among other things, she's a wife and mother. We know that we know that she's out in the middle of nowhere, which is someplace that sounds very appealing to me. And she's the author of The Magic and Mayhem of Donald Trump. And Gretchen, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: I'm so glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Great to have you. So anyway, the first thing I thought when I see any book title with Donald Trump, I said, this is gonna sell some copies. Donald Trump is gold. Whether it's a riveting expose a I mean what Hillary paid what nine million dollars for a story on Donald Trump. So it's either people are diehard Trump's supporters and they see a title with Donald Trump, or they're big time detractors of Donald Trump, and there are certainly plenty of both in this country. And they see Donald Trump they want to learn more about who they hate so much, whether there's any reasonability towards that hatred or not. So I commend you on the title. This is good. And in this book you kind of talk about that deep divide in the country, and there is some magic to the man, no doubt about it. And mayhem seems to follow him around or be injected into hers persona by the media and other places. So tell me a little bit about you first. Who's Gretchen Waller besides a wife and mom in Wyoming?
Speaker 10: Well, we farm and ranch here in Wyoming where we call it God Country. It's it's southeast Wyoming. We have a small business. I'm a teacher by education. I've got a history and English degree and I have taught fourth and fifth grade for years, not currently teaching right now. I'm involved in politics.
Speaker 3: My husband.
Speaker 10: We have cattle, We raise cattle, we raise alfalfa corn. So yeah, we're just kind of ordinary people out here in Wyoming. But you know my book Magic and Mayhem of Donald Trump. That began in twenty sixteen when when Donald Trump came on the stage and I saw similarities. You know, as a teacher, I've taught Abraham Lincoln for years to young people and thought I knew a lot about him, But turns out I didn't know a lot about Abraham Lincoln and how similar he and Donald Trump really are. But that started my first book, Born to Fight Lincoln and Trump, and then this one came out of that. This is a strategic excerpt of that and just being able to see from a distance of who this this incredible enigma. And I call him that Donald Trump, you know who. The Democrats can't start stop talking about him. He is he is everything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: That's the way it was with Lincoln in our divided nation as well. And we are so divided today. And you know, the magic and Mayhem passination wants to incarcerat Donald Trump just because they hate him because he stood up and wants to stop their vision of America, which is you know, socialist and globalistic, apologetic, weak and government control people and and uh, you know, but the other half of the nation, they they want, uh, they almost want to make him into a saint. But there is a happy medium.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: There's magic to him, there's mayhem to him, and most of it is attached to him, but a lot of it he does himself. What he says, of course, comes out.
Speaker 1: Of his mouth.
Speaker 10: He doesn't have a filter. But you know, I think about that, and I think, you know, if we only knew what Donald Trump didn't say, then we would maybe appreciate that a little more in the things that come out of his mouth that we don't like, and that is a lot of the mayhem. But but but you know, he's an ordinary person, and there's there's.
Speaker 6: Good and there's bad.
Speaker 10: But one thing he's doing is he's a fighter and he's standing up and he's fighting for our side right now. And part of that magic is he does not give up. And that's incredible at this point in history leading up to this selection.
Speaker 1: Gretchen, that fighter in Donald Trump that you mentioned was never on more clear display than on July thirteenth, when an assassin's bullet took off part of his ear and we almost lost him. And that fight, fight, fight, that he came up from the podium, much to some of the Secret services chagrin, making himself a target again in case there was a second shooter. That fight, fight, fight thing, you're right, has been there from the very beginning, and it is fighting against the status quo in Washington and in these political circles inside the Beltway. It's fighting against the status quo of well, the government's really in charge, the people aren't in charge. You're just pleabs to make sure we fill our tax coffers and keep us in power. And that's how it feels to me personally. So I wouldn't say that I view the president President Trump as a savior necessarily, but I surely think that we're at this turning point. If we don't have someone with Donald Trump's moxie and Donald Trump's bravery, we don't get out of this hole that we've been put in by big government, by obese government.
Speaker 10: That's true, you know, when the assassination attempt happened. Of course that is iconic now, but that is Donald Trump's nature. He is a fighter, and in times like that, when you realize that they're trying to kill me because of what I'm doing, that is his nature. He spent a lifetime, you know, punching and fighting and standing up. And one thing that I sound interesting, you know, the people that don't like all the things he says, and the fact that he is completely transparent and simply says what's in his head. That's a part of his mayhem, but you know, part.
Speaker 1: Of you know who he is.
Speaker 10: I know he's he's one person. What he says, does and thinks is all the same thing. But some people, you know, and and Donald Trump is the first who had admit he said it was God alone who prevented the unthinkable on that day. But I listened to Christians and friends of mine and they said, well, I hope Donald Trump now is is humble and and you know, and I thought he did have a little bit of different attitude at the r n C. I think there was, but you know what, Donald Trump is going to be Donald Trump's. He is not going to change. But what it did do is it absolutely made him come out doubling down on fighting. And you know, he spent a lifetime where people said if something was impossible, he would figure out a way.
Speaker 4: To get it done.
Speaker 10: And that's what he does. And what that did, that assassination attempt did was even even make him more firm in fighting for America and bringing back all of that stuff that we have lost in the last four years and will lose if this election does not go our way, meaning you know, the America First Mega Donald Trump. It is incredibly we're at a crossroads and this is the election that's going to do it. And it's a tough job ahead. But Donald Trump is he's a fighter and he's ready for the job. He's he just won't go away.
Speaker 1: And thank goodness for that, Thank goodness for that, Tonya Gregen Wallert, the author of the Magic and Mayhem of Donald Trump. And we've got more conversation coming up. Gary Jeff with you on Labor Day.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: The author of the Magic in Mayhem of Donald Trump, a teacher by trade, the wife and a farmer's wife. See. I come from farmers stock. I was born in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, from a long line of people on one side of my family were farmers. And every time I go back, I haven't lived there more than a couple of months of my early life, but visited several times to see relatives and stuff who still live there. And every time I go there, I feel at home out in the middle, as you said, middle of nowhere, where most a lot of Americans live and are very, very productive and very patriotic. Gretchen, we were talking about the Trump assassination attempt in Butler, Pennsylvania, and his first outdoor rally after that was in Ashboro, North Carolina. This is Labor Day, so it's been about a week and a half ago, and the Secret Service put up these big plexiglass bulletproof kind of blinders on either side and in front of the podium where he was speaking, and all of a sudden, there is something a commotion going on to the left part of the stage and he stops his speech and he's he's doing real well. He's cooking along there, getting the message out and being Donald Trump. And he stops the message all of a sudden mid sentence because he hears his commotion. He looks to his left and he said, is there a problem? And somebody from over there calls and said, we need a doctor, and he just turns and goes, doctor please, and he stops again. You know that there was somebody on the way to help this person who had passed out or what are in the heat of the day at this Donald Trump rally in Ashboro, North Carolina, and he stops and he waited till somebody got over there, and he waited to see that the woman was okay. Now, I don't think there's any other candidate that I've seen in a long time who would stop an important campaign stump speech in a state he's gotta win North Carolina because somebody passes out or has a little issue. But Donald Trump completely stopped until the doctor got over there, attended to the woman and she was back up on her feet again, and then to the freaking out Secret Service agents. I'm sure Donald Trump just walks off the stage. He bulleted off the stage to where this woman was sitting in the front row and comes over and talks to her, make sure she's okay, right in the middle of the speech. And Secret Services. God, we put this pleacey glass up in front of him, and here he is unprotected going off these steps. And it said more to me about Donald Trump than any speech he could have given, was that in that moment, his speech wasn't important. What was important was his supporter who was having a meta issue, and he went over and gave her a hug and talked to her, then came back up to the stage with Secret Service do to do to do, following and making sure nobody else took a shot at him, and continued his speech. Picked it right up. But see that this says more to me about the magic of Donald Trump than maybe anything else. Your thoughts on the.
Speaker 10: Well, definitely we.
Speaker 4: Talked about.
Speaker 10: You know how real Donald Trump is. You know all the lies, anything the Democrats say about him, You just need to interpret them properly. Whatever they say is exactly the opposite of what is true. Donald Trump has great empathy. He has a moral core, and I'm not talking about you know, he had an affair or whatever. You know, he does have flaws, but he's got this intense sense of right and wrong, and he truly loves people. And we don't see that because he spent a lifetime also creating this facade that is his business, is his you know, larger than life personality. It's all showmanship. But he does have this heart and soul that is underneath that facade, and it was on full display that day.
Speaker 6: You know, we saw it.
Speaker 10: And you know, the comparison between Lincoln and Trump. One thing about both of these incredible American leaders is they were not concerned for their safety. Their message was number one, their absolute laser focus in Abraham Lincoln winning the war, you know, first winning the election, then winning the war and all of the maneuvering political and otherwise that went with that, not caring for his personal safety. And Donald Trump the same, He is laser focused on making America great again. You know, I'm hoping that America is starting to think again because you know, like I said, this is an incredible turning point that we are coming to and Donald Trump also has that sense that there is a higher power than himself who is in charge. That's important too, and that goes along with his fearlessness. He's a fighter, he's fearless, but also he has a sense that that God is in charge and he is doing his best to be in that will of you know, the divine providence on America. And we just hope and pray that God saving him from that one bullet, is going to continue through you know what Lincoln had to endure in administering the Civil War and fighting that, and that Donald Trump is able to get so many things done and and it's it's going to be puffed because he has he has what Lincoln said, smoked those skunks out from under the barn. And now all hell has broken loose. And you think it's bad, now, Uh, it's it's come November fifth and it's Donald Trump who is president. That is that's going to be an incredible fight the beginning of it.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, you're right. I think the election is only the prelude to what is what we're going to have to deal with afterwards. If Donald Trump, you know, amen, praise God, echo your words. Is our president again. You know, he faces the same thing that Lincoln faced. That they knew if Lincoln was elected there was going to be a civil war in this country because of his refusal to accept slavery on this continent and for Donald Trump's refuse usual to accept globalist Marxist takeover of every American life. The other side, they're very powerful, and they are they will stop at nothing to retain powers. So it's going to be they say, oh, you're living in interesting times. I think I don't know how much interesting I want, but I definitely want Donald Trump back in the White House, There's no doubt about that. Just to save the country.
Speaker 10: Yes, interesting kids, that's an understatement, by the way. But you know one thing that is so similar with what the Democrats were doing, and they were Southern Democrats, but you know the northern Democrats also, Lincoln discovered that there were no anti slavery Democrats. They were all for slavery. But it was the South that succeeded. And what the Democrats did there is and the reason that they suceeded, of course, to have the freedom to have their slaves is what they said, which Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 6: Said, Wait a minute, that is just hypocritical.
Speaker 10: But Democrats demolish boundaries, and they wanted slavery everywhere. They wanted in northern factories, and they started ramming legislation through Congress, the Kansas Nebraska Act, and the Supreme Court dread Scott decision, which was demolishing all of those boundaries for that, and the Democrats that's what they do today. They completely are demolishing boundaries. I think every one hundred and fifty years the Democrats go off the deep end, and this is that time. They're demolishing, you know, abortion boundaries, which is us just huge. They're demolishing moral boundaries with the craziness with the transgender and all of that. It's what they do. It's what the Democrat Party does, and they're doing it incredibly now, just like they did in Abraham Lincoln's time. Lincoln was the one they wanted to get rid of because he stood in the way. Trump is the one they want to get rid of now because he is the way.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Gretchen Wallert, thank you so much for your time on this Labor Day holiday. The book is the magic and the mayhem of Donald Trump, and hopefully we get to see a whole lot more of that on display. Gretchen, thank you very much. It is Labor Day. I'm Gary Jeff Walker.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Once again, thanks for being with us on Labor Day. A pleasant day, sunshine up to seventy nine. The humidity is gone. Joy. I love it when Brian takes off because I get a chance to be with you and until the next time. Thanks to all of our guests today. From Peter Bronson, a new book coming out called Promised Land Sometimes this Fall more local history, Rick Robinson his book nineteen sixty eight. You just heard from Gretchen Wallart and her new book The Magic and Mayhem of Donald Trump, and there is both to be sure. And thanks to Michael Letts from invest USA and Sheriff Richard Mack who was up to shares upholding their constitutional duty to obey the oath they take when they go into office. Unlike maybe the person that supposedly works for you in their elected office right now, you should ask them, why are you not upholding your oath? Anyway, I have a great rest of the day. We'll talk to you soon here on fifty five KRC Detalk Station