Speaker 1: Five o five at the r c BE talktation.
Speaker 2: I try to eat vacation.
Speaker 3: That's the way the news goes.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is, and what an interesting morning it is. Everybody's coming out against this ridiculous spending bill nostra. Thomas added again, Thomas Massey anyway, we'll get to that in a moment. Our country is run by a bunch of blanken idiots. I'm sorry. That's just the way I feel this morning after looking at all this. Oh and they gave themselves a pay raise to well, probably not considering the opposition to come out against this spending bill. I hope they have to stay in DC at Christmas time. Merry Christmas here. I'm gonna call home and Christmas morning and tell my family Merry Christmas because we all suck and we spend too much and we're running our country into the toilet. Okay, I got it out of my system. Let's start with them. Rundown this morning, and a happy Friday Eve to you. George Brenneman. We had a little miscommunication yesterday, No big deal. George Brendman's gonna join us in studio talk about politics and stuff and things. A great guy got a great insight George Gtt, and he's been on the program so many times over the years. I've lost track as I close out again my eighteenth year. I just still can't believe that. It seems like just yesterday when my dad sat me down and said, Brian, do not take this job that they've offered. You don't do it, like expression of his frustration with his corporate masters. Joe, do you think my dad was trying to tell me something with that along those lines. I'm serious, you know, I said, Dad, you've been a radio for forty six years or whatever. The world's changing radio. He used to have such a good time radio apparently, and the whole industry was a riot. It was fun. It was games, people setting fires in the hallway, running around naked and doing crazy stuff. Randy Michaels, he's out there somewhere. It was fun. And then of course the laws came. I'm reminded of Telegraph Road if you're familiar with the lyrics of that song. Then came the lawyers, Then came the rules, and of course the NBAS came along. And I said, Dad, that's been my work environment my entire life. I've worked for control freaks and nbas and my entire life. So you know, I'm not missing out on anything. I just moving over from one group. It's the ones you know versus the ones you don't know, and how many people get an opportunit. I need to try it out, I said, try it out. Mark Twain, Right, you regret the things in life you don't do, not the things you do. I said, I'll keep my law license and I can always go back to practicing laws. So that's how I ended up arriving the decision over my dad's very very very very very strong words of discouragement about taking this job. So I'm happy to have accomplished and fulfilled eighteen years. And I appreciate I appreciate each and every one of the folks that listen to the program more than you can ever imagine, because I'm not responsible for millions of dollars in other people's money anymore. It's a pressure job. Being a lawyer is not necessarily an easy thing, trust me on that, But neither is this Anyhow. Every job has its ups and downs, and I just want to thank everyone for at least allowing me to be here on the morning show for the last eighteen years. I got three years left in the current contract or two plus one, depending on how you look at it. And as long as Joe Trekker is the executive producer of the program, you can count on me showing up to work. Roger King's going to be in studio Hearts for Seniors Foundation. We'll learn all about that with Roger King at seven oh five, followed by the Disabled Veterans of America Dan Claire, chief Communications offer Officer for the Disabled Americans for a ve Disabled American Veterans. So I'm going to talk about the DAVY boot Camp Patriot boot Camp helping veterans transition into private sector and grow and own small businesses. Wonderful, wonderful concept. We'll see, we'll learn about it and see if there's something you and I can do about it. Eight oh five with Carolyn Topperman with the book Your Roots Cast a Shadow. And finally it is Friday Eve and you know how much I love talking to Jay Ratliffe. Hell of a great guy. Enjoy our conversations so much so. Eight thirty with Jay Ratliffe, like every other Thursday at eight thirty, iHeartMedia Aviation Expert. We may get a comment or two about the market reaction to the Fed's announcement about the rate cut and the likelihood that there won't be that many Next year, airlines finally required to provide protection for passengers traveling with disabilities. We'll hear about the danger of lithium batteries, which I mentioned yesterday. About the guys the boots that caught on fire. He had heated his souls, insoles, and his boots he got off Amazon there made by some Chinese manufacturer, and they gave him second and third degree burns when they well literally blew up on his feet or caught on fire. So this story story described his feeling. These looks an intense heat. It looks that in smoke is billowing out of his boots. A hospital visit ensued, and I mentioned the handwarmers that I got from my wife, and since I didn't have my cell phone yesterday, I left it at home, thus depriving me of two factor authentication and access to my email. Anyway, I got home to find out she had texted me, well, I'm going out with a dog this morning. It's cold out, but I'm not taking my handwarmers with me. Thanks to the story, you read. So anyway, whether those will ever be used again remains me seen, but I found them quite useful when I was out of camp at orready shooting fifty BMGs on a cold and windy morning. So anyway, we'll also get hub delays from Jay Ratler that al at eight thirty I love hearing from you. Please feel free to call five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk go with Town five fifty on AT and T phone. Yes, drones are still in the news as well as everything else. But let's take a quick look at the spending bill and going through the comments, some of which are sides splittingly funny in spite of the fact that the well, the predicate for the comments is not funny in any way, shape or form. And that's the ridiculous fifteen hundred plus page spending bill that gets us through March and also includes a whole bunch of great provisions that you and I would probably find offensive. If we're saying that will be me and my listening audience, including giving Congress a raise or some massy Yesterday people call me Nustra Thomas for accurately predicting Speaker Johnson would use the Christmas recess to force a massive spending bill through Congress after claiming he would not. Johnson is embracing a DC tradition that's nearly as old as decorating Christmas trees. Amen. He put a video up with Speaker Johnson saying in September that there would be no Christmas omnibus, and himself over the years highlighting how often Congress comes down to the wire before the holidays past government funding legislation, which is every single year. Now, what do we know it's gonna happen next year? There's supposed to be twelve appropriation goals. We're supposed to complete them before the year. Is that they know that they knew that ten years ago, fifteen years ago, twenty years ago, and they knew it every single year going forward. And why are we on the uh, Well, the moment before Congress goes on, Reesa's dealing with an extension of the federal government until March because they're incompetent, maybe because they don't care, because this is easier and they can stuff a whole bunch of unnecessary crap, including raises for themselves because well it's the last minute, we all got to go home for Christmas. That means they've failed in their job. Again, listen, this is part of their job description. And I bet you if you go to work, I bet your job has some sort of description, or you know what your responsibilities are and you're supposed to accomplish them, or it results in your being fired. Like, for example, I have to be here in front of the microphone at least by five or five? Oho?
Speaker 4: Five?
Speaker 1: Is the case made? Be If I'm not and I regularly just don't show up, I'm not gonna have a situation.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: How is it that these people can have a job when they fail every blank in year to accomplish one of the core key responsibilities that is in their job description, which is passing the twelve appropriation bills. Oh we got the defense pass though, Yeah, after they failed eight audits. Can you tell them a little upset about this? In the video chaired by Massey highlights previous interviews in which he predicted the spending bills would failed days before Congress goes on holidays. Quote, they always say, if you vote for this, you can go home and open presence with your family, and if you don't vote for this, we're gonna be here over Christmas because the optics are bad. He also added that no, but he's going to bring their family to dec over Christmas, so they're, you know, like the Grinch. Some people call me Nostra Thomas for predicting this. We could find clips with me predicting this every year. It's not a prediction, it's just how the swamp works. He also said he's not going to be voting for House Speaker Mike Johnson for the next Congress either, and that also does not shock me a bit. He said, Mike Johnson just gave me another fifteen hundred and fifty seven reasons not for vote for vote for him.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 1: It is this omnibus bill. And again it's one thousand, five hundred and fifty seven pages long. It came out Tuesday night. Can you read something that long? No, you can't, And if you tell me you can, I'm sorry. That doesn't mean you will understand it. Because the way these things work, it requires context. These bills include references to other legislation and other statutes and the Code of Federal Regulations and all those other documents out there in the world, millions of pages of them. You'd have to go there to find out what the change is in the Omnimus Bill to have any context for what we're reading in the one thousand, five hundred and fifty seven page document that's sitting on your desk. Massy further stated, we get the same lump of coll right before Christmas every single year. They will literally tell you, if you don't vote for this steaming pile of pooh, you're going to be here over Christmas break. I love Congressome Massy. He compared the practice of doing this or doling out aid for foreign countries, which the bill does. US foreign aid spending is like watering the neighbor's yard while your house is on fire. Be that Grandma Swimming responing responding to that, So, no, No, it's worse because, unlike a household, US government actors are spending other people's money to do it. Like you know, it's your water bill, watering your neighbor's grass while your house is burning down. This is spending your money to do well, exactly what you big. Grandma Swimming pointed out he was on a WADC radio interview. Quote, Massy, again, I have Republican colleagues who'd rather run over their own mom with a car then to vote to cut spending. Just a tip of the iceberg on the comments on this one, folks. Let's see if they'll be in DC for Christmas five eighteen fifty five kros De Talk station or is there a plan? B Elon Musk had a few choice words for it as well. Don't go away, I'll be right back after these brief words, see even a happy one. T You're gonna go straight to the phones five one three eight hundred two to three Talk Contact fifty on eighteen T phones. Hey Kevin, welcome to the program, and happy Friday eve to you.
Speaker 7: Come on Brian, which can I ask, uh, what are your thoughts on whether or not the FEDS could charge that idiot with domestic terrorism, the dude who burned down the Big mac Bridge.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you know, I mean theoretically, I suppose yes. I'd have to see the definition, the League definition for domestic terrorism, because like all things in the law, there are specific elements for every crime, like, for example, premeditated murder requires preparation, malice of forethought, that kind of thing, and you know, uh, manslaughter is sort of like on the on the fly, like you didn't plan it, but you ended up killing someone. It wasn't you know. There's a difference. So domestic terrorism comes with its own set of specific requirements you must meet in order that you got to go to court and prove. So I guess maybe did he have an intent? Did he have an intent to disrupt traffic? Or was he just being an idiot lighting a fire that ultimately melted a bridge? I mean, I can't imagine anybody in his position.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a federally funded infrastructure.
Speaker 1: That doesn't matter. Did he know that his fire?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it this way. Now, I'm no metallurgist. There is no way in hell and yea seven years of college, you know whatever. I would never, in my wildest of dreams, imagine if I intentionally started a fire there, then it would melt a bridge to the point where it would be unusable. So did he know, right?
Speaker 7: Hundred degrees will melt steel?
Speaker 1: But but do you think that guy means? Kevin, You're missing my point, man, You're missing my point. That's the point I'm saying. If he knew that and he intentionally started a fire, knowing that it would melt the bridge, and it was his intent to melt the bridge. That's one thing. If he just lit a fire intentionally to be an arsonist, not knowing that it would melt the bridge, then you probably won't meet the predicate of domestic terrorism because you had no intent of burning and melting a bridge. So you got to keep the two separate. Is it a crime that he committed Absolutely, What level or degree of crime again goes to the whole point of like murders at first degree, second degree, third degrees at manslaughter, there are criminal elements that must be met. And I seriously doubt that anybody in his position would understand metallurgy and temperature and how hot that fire could get, and that the materials that were the springy element that did the shredded tires that help kids prevent themselves from having injuries when they fell, would actually ignite and reach those temperatures. I sure as hell wouldn't. I mean some fire marshal, if a fire marshal actually lit the fire, probably would have the skill sets, the knowledge and information to know that, yeah, this fire could melt the bridge, and that's why I'm lighting it. I want to disrupt traffic. I want to stop commerce and industry from flowing on a federal bridge. That person might be charged with domestic terrorism, But again I don't know what the elements of domestic terrorism are, so ultimately I can't answer your question. But these are the types of things you need to keep in mind when you're making when you're wondering about the question. Can't deny that the questions legitimate. I'm just telling you, I really seriously doubt it that that guy knew that the bridge would melt. Five twenty five fifty five carcit De talk Station. Feel free to call if you got a comment, love to hear from you. Got local stories coming up as well, and again George Reneman Studio at six oh five also stack as Stupid coming up. It is right now five to twenty five to fifty five Carcy Detalk Station.
Speaker 8: Fifty five car The talk station run a business and nothing real.
Speaker 1: Quick internet search on domestic terrorism here you go. Dangerous to human life. Yeah, the act poses a threat to human life and violates US state or criminal law. So we figure that one's got checked intimidation or coersion. The act is intended to intimidate or course the civilian population. See, there's your element of political influence. Government influence is another element. The act is intended to influence government policy or conduct through intimidation, coersion, assassination, kidnapping, or mass destruction. Point of fact, did the guy have an idea, ideological motivation for starting the fire, whether or not he intended it to melt the bridge or not? Was the fire itself intended to course influence the government? I tend to doubt it in that particular case. The other description domestic terrorists or Americans who commit violence to achieve their goals that stem from domestic extremist ideological influence or lack and lack foreign direction or influence. So I don't see that here. I haven't heard an iota of information. Now, maybe the guy did have a political motivation in doing it. If so, then it may fall into something you might characterize as domestic terrorism. So you see, the elements must be met. Will the guy be charged with arson?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Will he be charged with the criminal destruction? Absolutely? Those are easy. Obviously he started a fire and they brought the break tavoc and brought about a damage. Will you be able to get money from I'm the guy, I tend to think not. I probably doesn't even have an insurance policy homeowners or otherwise cribbage. Mike, Welcome to the Morning show. Any very happy Thursday to you, sir.
Speaker 6: Good morning Brian. He before I get to my point about our mayor or I would like to I won't be able to call them tomorrow ring a Christmas show, so I would like to extend a very merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous twenty twenty five to the Streker and Thomas family. Thanks. As most people in the Tri State will be opening up presents on Christmas Morning or maybe Christmas Eve, we get a present every Monday through Friday Friday from five to nine of radio excellence, and I would like to thank you once again.
Speaker 1: Man. You're the nicest guy, Mike. I really appreciate it. And one of the blessings of being on the fifty five CARC Morning Show been able to meet and become friends with guys exactly like you. I am truly a blessed man for having such a wonderful listening audience, and you're a great illustration of it. I can't thank you enough for listening to the program that we have those wonderful cribbage games, a listener lunch and just everything about it. Man, it's just it's it's it's it's good to me, me brother, And you were one of the reasons I can say that out loud.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir uh so coming up to our mayor and you mentioned my one of my favorite streets on the west side sunset yesterday. I wanted to bring that up. After I left listener lunch went down Gurly Road. I know, I'm just amazed. There are better streets.
Speaker 1: In Ukraine right now.
Speaker 6: I don't think that road has been improved since I drove it every day coming back from Elder High School. I mean, that is just just a disaster.
Speaker 1: You're right, No, I mean I think in terms of a timeline, you're probably right because my mom and dad used to live close to the Western Country Club, and that was a long, long time ago, and then they moved over close to Oak Hill's High School, and then they moved off of Ribolt Road in a condo, and then you know, my dad ended up with the dementia problem, and so my mom ended up moving to a different place. So we're going back decades and I don't ever remember Sunset being what I would call reasonably drivable, and it's gotten so bad it's as if they just forgot it existed. Last time I drove over to Pryce Lil Chili for listening to lunch, I'm like, you know.
Speaker 6: Lord, your your wife's card.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, Yeah. That's why I always joke that someone could build it and put an alignment shop there and they'd have regular customers, like almost on a daily basis. Hey, welcome back, Brian.
Speaker 6: But the main reason why we need people like Adam Kaylor and Christopher Smitherman down there on Plump Street is the total absence of this mayor not being out on point for the last seven weeks. With the bridge failure within forty eight to seventy two hours, the mayor coming to Newport and Cincinnati should have headed, you know, at least get out there in the media, keep us in form, make changes. Hell, I even't thought of the idea of subsidizing the Anderson Ferry. Throw all three ferries on. At least get people from the side over to Boom County something not just crickets. And I know he has aspirations of other political office, and whoever runs against him ought to look at this last seven weeks and it's probably going to be another four to six weeks, and just run this and say, okay, do you want this guy to be a congressman, mayor center whatever. The guy's an embarrassment, and.
Speaker 1: You didn't call looking for an argument.
Speaker 6: No, sir, I apgree Sunset Avenue around.
Speaker 1: His neck exactly.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if his house was on Sunset or anywhere near it where he had to use it, I bet that road would have been fixed a long long time ago. Anyhow, that fix if Fred, if you're out there, fixed Fred's are a two while you're at it, because apparently we have a lot of neighborhoods that have terrible road conditions, and those two have been neglected year after year after year. Oh look, there's a new project they want to build. How about taking care of the ones who've already built. Appreciate the kind comments, Mike, I really do. And blessings to you and your beautiful better half and your entire family. I'll have a merry Christmas. It's five thirty five right now, fifty five KRST talk station five one three seven four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three Talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones and do not forget fifty five KRC dot Comedy Can't listen Live, great show yesterday we talked to Judge Topolitano, which was I loved that conversation about the drones. Todd Zen's are brilliant man. Speaking of bridges and roads, we talked that whole Brent Spence Big Bridge project, and boy did we get a heapload of insight from Todd Zenzer on that one. If you want any information and understandable information, that is a podcast worth listening to and of course always worth listening to the Big Picture with Jack add and easily found at my blog paid fifty five KRC dot com. Don't go way, I'd be right back with the stack of stupid fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 8: Get an ego, Hey, Aeron, I invented three.
Speaker 1: Here it is Jenna nine first one and weather forecast cloud Today It'll be high have forty going down to thirty overnight with maybe a wintery mix showing up. Start with the wintery mixed tomorrow Friday morning. Tomorrow morning, changing the snow at least the possibility of snow thirty five will be the high. Overnight low at twenty five with clouds and a partly Friday Saturday high of thirty four. It's thirty six thirty five right now. Time for traffic from the.
Speaker 9: Ucl Tramphics Center for Unmatched Cancer Care. Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy. Call five one three five eighty four A beam. Highway Traffic's doing fine early on this Thursday morning. I'm not seeing any major problems to deal with. Cruise are working with a watermating break that is east found on thirty two at east Gate Boulevard and a car and its top on Emming near Clifton Avenue. Chuck Ingram Moon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five forty hapy Thursday the fair to coffee like five on three seven four fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk. I'm five fifty on eighteen and t found and let us see here. I saw an opportunity for phrasing, so that's why I printed out this stack of stupid story. This morning, we have a group of gunmen storming a clandestine cockfighting ring. Began shooting the crowd in a violent attack, killing four men and injuring three others. Described as the latest growing wave of hyper violent crimes that have been plaguing Mexico, while the government claims the country has improved in public safety. Happened on Sunday night at the outskirts of Men's and Ilio City in Kolima. Group of unknown individuals hosting the clandestine cockfight frasing group of men arrived the ranch and began shooting into the crowd, phrasing oh wow, Joe, I think you might have pushed the limits on that one. Government officials haven't released any information about the incident. Unofficial accounts point to four men dying in three others being shot. State military forces responded to the scene and had a clash where the gunman as the group fled. Obviously, people had phone videos of the shootout, which have been shared on social media. Because of the silence and state authorities, it remains unclear how many the fatal victims died from the attacker or how many were gunmen who died during the confrontation with the officers. Shootout comes at a times when mass shootings targeting crowds become more prevalent throughout Mexico at a time government officials have been able to do little to address the trend. Huh is cock fighting illegal and messizing? I know you're not allowed to have these things here in the United States, at least as the term is described in websters. I don't understand bear hunting. You know, I understand hunting to a certain degree. I had a lot of friends at hunt. I'm not a hunter myself. I have been bird hunting before, pheasants and that kind of thing, but never been deer hunting. Never really had any desire to go. I mean, I'm well equipped to go deer hunting, It's just not something that appeals to me, you know. Gimme clay pigeons every day, gimme targets down range, give me steal to shoot at. I am extremely happy, but I don't know if I have to though. See, I had the skill set so I have to feed my family in times of well distressed or whatever, then I'm able to do it. But I never have understood wanting to shoot a bear unless the damn things chasing after me are trying to kill me, in which case I'm acting in self defense. Would have no remorse over it, so I kind of view this one as a bit of instant karma. A Virginia hunter is now dead after a bear shot by one of his fellow hunters fell out of a tree and landed on him. This event occurred on December ninth, just recently reported. Incident unfolded as a group of hunters were tracking a bear and ran it up a tree. See and that just makes it an easy target. The bear is afraid, it ran away from you, It stuck up in a tree. I couldn't pull the trigger on the poor thing. One of the hunters then shot the animal and it fell on fifty eight year old Lester Harvey. He was transferred to the hospital in the serious with stable condition, but succumb to his industry injuries. New York Posts noted that Harvey was a married father of five with eight grandchildren. Feel sorry for the family. I feel sorry for the man, but honestly, I still view this as a sort of instant Carmen Thing Post pointed out that the bear hunter North Carolina was injured in twenty nineteen when a bear that had been shot fell out of a tree and then began biting the hunter, which seems like a logical consequence of the bear still alive. But after that, the bear and the hunter tumbled off a cliff, leaving the hospital of the hunter hospitalized and sadly the bear dead. You draw your own conclusions, and we go to Chicago headline thanks to the New York Post. Chicago travelers whack each other with wet floor signs in wild caught on video broad Airport. A group of travelers and one employee threw punches, grabbed hair, and whacked each other with wet floor signs and a wild caught on camera brawl, as New York Post describes, reminiscent of a WWE match inside Chicago O'Hare International Airport last week. In the video shared on social media, the fight shows three men's including a man including an employee in a blue shirt, seemingly teeming up against one man in a white T shirt inside American Airlines Terminal three. The men punch each other used the yellow floor signs as weapons, smacking each other in the head and body as the sound of plastics slapping echoed through the terminal. As the three gang up on one man in the white shirt, he knocks one to the floor yanks out several dreadlocks from another guy's head. Two of the men armed with the wet floor signs follow the man in white as he steps back, still holding the dreadlocks he had doubt in his hands. The man on his own lifts some metal stanchion behind him and threatens the others, finally dispelling the violent encounter. As the others back off. Chicago police shut up to the servance, made no arrests and no report was generated. Not clear what prompted the fight and if the employee involved was a staffer for the airport, an airline, or a vendor inside the transit hub. Coming up A five forty six to have care see the talk station. Feel free to call. Another call you definitely want to make is to call calling Electric. Get a residential electric need. You want a new outlet installed, you want some canlights installed. Just get yourself a whole home generators just sitting there. Nobody knows how to install it. That's where Colin Electric comes in. They did that for me. Of course, a bathroom remodeling project that's going to require some wiring. I know that because that's who did it. And Electric they have an A plus with the better business drier. Everything they do for you comes with a ten year wiring warranty and they're a well oiled machine when it comes to getting electric work done in your home to take great care of you. Customer service couldn't be better. Andrew Cullen has assembled an outstanding team of licensed electrician and he is proud of his and his company's honest reputation. His name is on the on the line right there. It's Cullen CEE U L L E N. Cullen Electric, Cincinnati dot Com. Tell Andrew and the team. Brian said Hi, and you give him a call for your residential electric needs. Five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four one one two fifty five KRC the talk station in today's marketer time for the nine first warning. Weather forecasts can be a foty day to day. I have forty overnight, perhaps a wintery mix isolated. It will be if we get any f low of thirty with overcast sky, a possible wintery mix tomorrow morning. Waking up, they could change to snow. There is a chain. It's the snow tomorrow high thirty five clouds overnight Friday night twenty five and on Saturday, a party, cloudy day with a high thirty four and it's thirty six degrees right now. In time for a traffic update.
Speaker 9: From the UCL Traffic Center run Match Cancer Care choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy called five one, three, five eight four Beam Highway traffic continues to look good early on this Thursday morning. Crews are working with an accident Clinton Heights Thatt's on Imman near Clifton Avenue report of a car on its top. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty eight fifty five kr C DE talks station Happy Friday, looking forward to having George Brunman and study get a whole host of topics talk about with the with George and he'll be joining the program after the top of the air news. I just saw an article this morning and I saw Drew pappas front of the show. Former Anderson Township trustee just acknowledging online in a Facebook post that I can't read due to SEC compliance rules about the astronauts. These guys are still stuck or people are still stuck in space. It's supposed to be like there for nine days or something, and they're gonna end up being up there until March. And I don't know how you would feel about that. I don't ever consider myself a claustrophobic person, but every single day being up there and being incapable of getting back home. This is one of the reasons I don't like cruise ships. Yeah, I look over the railing like I want to go over there. I want to go over there, and it's out of your control. You're stuck. One of the reasons why I don't know airline fly well, multiple reasons. I don't like flying on planes, and no, I'm not afraid of air travel. It's just that I don't like being stuck. I like to be in control of, like, for example, an automobile. Just thinking the only way I could survive someone was like, I wonder how the food supply and I just are you kidding me? If you didn't have like a car loads worth of xanax and vodka, I couldn't survive that log Stuck in a tin can, I can't get out of anyway related to absolutely nothing. Speaking of liquor, we got to Columbus so High. We have a north side funeral home serving mourners in a new way alcohol. The Evergreen Funeral Cremation Reception, set to open next year, applied for a liquor license and could be serving people during services. Owners, speaking with local news WSYX, said the unique twist to the celebration of life. They want to change how people view an average funeral. They want to make the process of a very difficult time a little easier. According to Hunter Triplett, I guess the owner, my role in this position is to kind of be a party planner for the dead, be more of a celebration of life and more of a multi day traditional service which costs a lot of money. He wants to shed the business reputation of being dark and morbid, offering manageable prices and the option for mourners to drink. According to the High Liquor Control site to permit, if approved, would be for a three a D three license, which in Ohio allows to sell of beer, wine, and hard liquor for consumption on site. He said, we'll only be serving alcohol when people are on this premises and remain on the premises until the continuation of the services just for the safety of the people and the community around, he said. Adding a bar will allow people to make the service more personal lives, which is a okay with me. We said, cremate me and have a giant party, said, I want a lot of liquor flowing and a lot of app have a good time, play some music, have good time, celebrate life, and don't mourn. That's perfect with me. And then just sprinkle my ashes around where people are having a good time my wishes anyway. Three two year old New Jersey woman charged with killing her mom during an argument Monday, used the curtain rod, hammer and screwdriver during the attack. According to the Burlington County Authorities, details of the brutal slang including an affiday but a probable cause filed against Brianna Beecham charging with murder and a weapons offense or offenses. Beacham On was on top of her mother, Kim Beacham Hanson fifty seven, when police arrived at the house on Hope will Wayne about well almost four o'clock in the afternoon. According to the court documents, another person in the residence was upstairs doing homework when she heard Beacham Harrison or Hanson screaming for help. Witness saw Beacham beating her mother before she left and called nine one one, Why are you doing that? No idea? Beacha Hanson pronounced dead at four thirty six pm, just shortly after the officers arrived. She told Beacham Total Detectives. She struck her mom with a curtain rod and hammer before stabbing her with the screwdriver. She was temporarily residing at her mother's home. That's it, so I won't be an answer able to answer my own question. I will be able to confirm though, that George Brunman will be in studio since I'm staring at him. Good to see it, George, looking forward to our conversation during the six o'clock hour, folks. I hope he can stick around for that should be a good time and informative on new year and a new president.
Speaker 2: The countdown.
Speaker 1: I'm super sight of bekins.
Speaker 10: Here that can't wait.
Speaker 3: Fifty five car see.
Speaker 1: The talk station hosting your loved ones for the six o five and fifty five Carrise de Talk Station. Ryan Thom wishing everyone a very happy Thursdays. Last Friday eve to our last day of my working year and the end of my eighteenth year radio here at fifty five krc DE talk station, and it's the Christmas celebration, and I have these such fond memories of my dad when he would do the Christmas Celebration. I'd come in and of course continue that tradition year after year, and without Rob Rider and his guitar, it just wouldn't be the same. So thankfully Rob Wrider will be in studio tomorrow with me and we'll be inviting phone calls and celebrating the Christmas tradition, obviously dusting off Vince Garaldi's Christmas album because it is the only sanctioned Christmas music for the fifty five KC Morning Show without further ado in studio from restoring Liberty dot Us. Check it out online. They do great work and we're gonna learn all about it, including learning about the holiday buffet at the farm tonight. You're invited. Welcome back to George Brunman.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: It's always great seeing you, especially when we're seeing you at any time. But I'm glad to have you in the studio this nay. Thanks Brian, great to be here. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. Thanks man. We got a chance at a decent new year coming up. I think it feels that way, doesn't it.
Speaker 11: It does. It's a great feeling. Actually, I can't imagine the opposite feeling.
Speaker 1: What would have happened on if we didn't call off November to that end. And I will tell you, I you know, I feel this, this, this massive weight has been taken off my shoulders. And it was an extremely stressful year obviously politically. Just the stress leading up to the election was just really taking a toll on me physically and mentally. And because I take this stuff seriously, man, I care about our country need of me. I'm like you, I freedom, liberty, the founding principles of our country all just being wiped away before our very eyes. And it was that would have been the end.
Speaker 11: If we had lost in November at the state and national level, it would have been.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I hard to imagine what we be now. Yeah. And if you I don't know if you've heard any of the snippets, the sound bites from the speeches that Kamala Harris has been giving since the election, that would have been our president. Uh, I mean it's I'm sorry. She's got the iq of a doorknob. I mean, that's just service the doorknobs man. I will I will not on behalf of the doorknob lobby allow you to make such criticisms. It's sad. I mean, so we went from somebody that's.
Speaker 11: Comotos I mean, he's dementia on wheels, to someone who can't string together a sentence without a teleprompter. To me, the epitome of her entire campaign was the time that the telepropert went off and she said, we got thirty two more days, and then the prompter died, and she's like looking around, going, uh, we got thirty two more days. And then you can tell she's getting ticked because she has no idea what she was saying, and he's just reading words. This is the best we have. I mean, it's crazy. The interesting thing to me is two things. Really, there was no violence afterwards.
Speaker 1: I there you go. I was gonna get to that. But thank you for anticipating it. I think, you know I did.
Speaker 11: If Trump one that that we would be having you know, BLM two point zero.
Speaker 1: You know it would have been had he not won the popular vote. I believe that's correct. And not only did he win the popular vote, he wanted by a lot. He clubbed her like a baby harp seal.
Speaker 11: One that won huge gains in all of the minority categories. I think the only place he lost was college educated single women. Well, which is an interesting demographic.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna go there, man, not gonna go there. But the big thing is maybe they're single by choice. Well, I'm not gonna go there yet I went.
Speaker 11: But the other thing is extremely surprising is how Trump has handled it. I think the assassination, where you know, he came within a centimeter of dying, totally changed that man. He he is much more reserved. You don't see him going nuts on Twitter. Every now and then he puts out a crazy thing, untruth social, but nothing like he used to. But he is sitting back and getting the job done. I think people know, and I was the one of the most profound. You know, again, I always qualified little L libertarian. I know I'm not a Republican. I'm a little L libertarian. And one of the reasons I'm not a Republican is because of that crap that they just put out in terms of that bill, that spending bill. We're gonna we can talk a little about that about that. But I was extremely critical of Donald Trump in the first term because of his Twitter feed, because of his just inability to just keep his mouth shut with regard to any criticism that was levied his way. A lot on his plate he could have risen above. It was one of the things. He was a lightning rod, and anytime he opened his mouth and provided more fuel for the fire left and whatever he was going to say or do was going to be criticized and demonized anyway, but he just kind of added to it, and I kept it, doesn't he have an advisor? Doesn't he have someone who can take his phone away? Doesn't he have someone who can manage the Twitter feed or whatever? And the answer was obviously no. Now you're right, he's a different guy. He is more presidential, and when he does say things, there isn't There is a really great sense of humor about some of the things he says, which otherwise would have been lightning rods for left wing attacks on him. So he's kind of managed to balance responding and being funny. And of course it's almost like he's already in office considered, oh golly, yeah, I mean, Mexico's already changing what they're doing. Canada's in trouble because of what he's already saying, but the fact that he's now just sort of setting in place. I want these people in charge, Elon Musk and Vivak Ramaswami.
Speaker 1: Old brother, God, this is going to be amazing to watch. And you just saw it last night.
Speaker 11: Musk was able to shut down that crazy continuing resolution with all of that.
Speaker 1: Porkis FCC non compliant. People gave themselves a raise in that bill, seventy thousand. You know what, what double the normal amount or every gamount for an American. That's the race you're dealing with. Inflation. We got people struggling, you know, people in Hamilton County campaign their damn real estate taxes. We could talk about Columbus today if you want, but wow, you know, I mean, the world is hurting in a lot of different ways, war, famine, pestilens. Look, we got a new bird flu outbreak. I mean, you know what what else the piling on all over the place. They gave themselves a raise and better healthcare somehow, I don't know how you get Yeah, they got out of Obamacare. They freed them. They never have been That's true, but I mean, anyway, there's a number of ways we can criticize that monstrosity, but apparently the plug has been pulled on it. You know what, I hope they have to be in Columbus, in Washington, d C. For for Christmas. I deserve to be in Washington, D C. For Christmas. I don't know.
Speaker 11: I'm I'm ammost on the page of let's just shut it down. If they're gonna do this kind of crap at the end of the year, my life, Yeah, crap is okay, okay, I mean, if they're allowed to do that and try and sabotage you know, they wanted to put the farm the farm bill is in there for an entire year.
Speaker 1: Talk about pork, all of.
Speaker 11: The money they give away their subsidizing high frucos corns, heyrup, we'll talk about that at all point.
Speaker 1: I know you've got a food thing going on with it, Liberty, It's crazy.
Speaker 11: But I think coming back to the idea that Trump is not acting like Trump in his most basic form. He's not to win the Twitter thing, and they spent an entire year trying to bankrupt him a half billion dollar fine for not accounting for something on your campaign finance report?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 11: He could go in there and just recavoc with just due to them what they did to him, But he said, I'm not I'm not concerned about that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 11: Talk about the past. I think prosperity is a unifier. I'm like, go, go go, and that will.
Speaker 1: Set the stage for a growing, larger and I like this more populous version of the Republican Party. You know, there's a lot of people out in the world who could you know, enjoy the fruits and benefits of well, lower taxes, for example, less regulation. That's good for the economy, it's good for job, it's good for growth, and good for small business. We got to get a small business to come back. You could see what was happening. They're trying to get rid of small business. The was it the Corporate account or Corporate Transparency Act CTA. It's only applies to small business. It was supposedly for honors associations. My wife's the treasurer. She had to put the documents together for the damn thing. That for our homeowners association. We got ten houses. Wow, that's it.
Speaker 11: So, I mean they were trying to get rid of all the small business. I think Trump's gonna turn it loose. I mean he's definitely you know, with the soft Bank announcement and one hundred billion dollars that's not small business. But I think if he gets rid of the regulations and the tax cuts come in permanently, I think things could take off. And you know, the big thing that happened to him last time is he won the election and then lost the mid terms. I think if unemployment goes down, actual employment goes up among Americans, not just foreigners, I think he could win an even bigger majority in the House.
Speaker 1: Come you know, two years from now, in the midterms, normally the party in office suffers, so that I mean, effectively, you can anticipate more Democrats. We'll see, got my popcorn out for the entire four year term. And I'm hoping the best literally for everyone. Absolutely.
Speaker 11: I think that's the key to all of this is let's forget about the partisanship. You know, I would say that we currently have three political parties. You got the communist Democrats, you got the Rhinos, and you got the America First. Yeah, I think we're going to see the America First take over, right and.
Speaker 1: I view that America first segment as like my dream that libertarian. I trust you with your wallet, I trust you with your zipper. Let's just live and let live, leave me alone, leave you the hell alone, US prosper Amen six fifteen more. But George Brunvan coming up. We got lots to talk about, including he mentioned food. We'll talk about the holiday, but faith it's tonight, but also a new development and I'm I don't know why I'm reading Robert F. Kennedy Junior though, but they'll be doing a Restore Wellness program which should be rather interesting. George and I have a lot to talk about. I hope you'll enjoy the conversation. It's time for me to mention something that you will enjoy, and that's paying a hell of a lot less money for your medical insurance. But in spite of the fact paying a lot less getting better coverage now, you can benefit from just using a few moments of your time and making a phone call or filling out a form on a website that does not obligate you to do anything at all. It doesn't cost you anything. There's no money exchanged here. Let cover Since he look at your current medical insurance. Whether you're a small business or an individual, you're paying too much. You can't afford the nine thousand plus out of pocket liability for you and then the other nine for your family. Under Obamacare, you need to talk to John Roman and the team at Cover since he they're saving people thirty to sixty percent while providing them with better medical insurance coverage that does include in many cases dollar one coverage. You get to go to your doctor without having to shell out money. It's an amazing concept, and I think John is the only person on the planets that being able to navigate the healthcare system so much that he can figure this out and let these benefits flow to you. I mean, it's what gets him out of bed every day, the smiles on people's faces that he brings by telling them what they're going to be paying in the future and what the benefits are going to be with medical insurance. But it's it's beyond that. I mean, he has great advice for you know, anticipating life insurance and your children's going forward needs. And he'll look at your your situation and everybody's different. So if you're a small business owner, you got let's say twenty employees. Every single employee will be looked at differently. More than two hundred insurance companies, thousands of insurance policies. That's what he's got access to. But he works for you and not them. It's worth the phone call. Trust me on this five one three eight hundred two two five five five one three eight hundred call. The form can be filled out online to start this process. Coversincy dot com jays your tenn nine first one to wetherfulcas is going to be cloudy day today for the most part, forty for the high overnight little of thirty with maybe some wintery mix sloping around out there. We'll start out with that same wintery mich Tomorrow mo high a thirty five with snow also possible during the day overnight low of twenty five with clouds, and a partly flatty Saturday with a higher thirty four. It's thirty six now in time for traffic from the.
Speaker 9: Ucl Traffic Center for unmatched cancer care, choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy called five on three five eighty four. Beam highways continue to look good this morning. No major time delays to deal with as them. Yet crews are working with an early morning accident on Emming near Clifton, and there's our work crew.
Speaker 3: We's found thirty two Eddie's Gate.
Speaker 9: Boulevard blocking the right wing still wide enough to get by without a problem, chucking ramund fifty five KR.
Speaker 3: See the talk station.
Speaker 1: You u KRCD talk station restore Liberty dot us is where you fight George Breneman and everything that they're doing, including the You might just go ahead and mention the holiday buffet the farm. It's tonight and it's the opportunity for folks to show up. What's going to be going on at the event tonight, George, Well, we're just trying to get together to celebrate the holidays. We haven't had a meeting since the election, so it's it's just an opportunity to get together before Christmas. It's the standard farm buffet on Thursday evenings. Famous.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Dan will be there with the family. I'm sure Dan el Sesser, he's been there forever, his family's had it forever. But it's a great opportunity just to shoot the breeze, have a nice dinner, get ready for the holidays. We can talk about whatever you want to talk about.
Speaker 1: No meeting. We're just getting together to eat good fellowship. At this time of year, it's a perfect opportunity.
Speaker 11: So well, like we were talking about, there's plenty to celebrate, Uh, there is in Hamilton County. We got our butts handed to us. It's it's unfortunate. You could see it coming by the way they ran the race. I found it quite interesting. You know, when the Tea Party was in its heyday and we had the meetings at the farm back in two thousand and nine and ten. In twenty ten, our entire focus was getting Steve Shabbat to replace Steve Use.
Speaker 1: I mean that was it.
Speaker 11: We went to maybe three thousand to four thousand doors and we were able to pull that off.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 11: Well, this year we kind of took on the Orlando Sanza campaign. We hit eight thousand postcards out there, either hand delivered or ray. He's an amazing candidate, individual family, I mean he him.
Speaker 1: And Jessica all the boxes checked for everything that anybody on our side of the political leanings could ever possibly won. Intelligent, served his country, great family man right on all the issues, great public speaker. I mean that he lost is just that was one of the biolage he had hurt that could because he that was definitely the Downtoh he ran against gosh, the most liberal guy we could find. He's already been the Gang of Five, so you know he's a criminal. But what I really found interesting from the Republican Party perspective in Hamilton County in twenty ten, every single judge came to the meetings, every of the sheriff came to the meetings.
Speaker 11: We had everybody there. This year, I couldn't get anybody to come. I begged Melissa Powers, she came for one event, couldn't get her to come back at the end to try and do a last minute bush.
Speaker 1: None of the judges. I didn't have a single judge. Even Megan didn't make it.
Speaker 11: Megan Shanahan's been there quite a bit and she couldn't even make it because nobody cared about Hamilton County. She was working the rest of the state. I just found it interesting that there's no grassroots reach at all, and after getting their butts handed to him, it's like they're doubling down on that strategy. I don't understand it. You had that discussion with Adam Taylor. Adam, he's a marketing genius. I mean, that guy's got more ideas than anybody I've ever met. He does, and he's really trying to help. But I'm hearing rumors that they're doubling down, They're going to go back to the same old main street crowd downtown that you know runs the party, And it's like, what are you running? You don't have a single Republican in the county or the city, not one. Well, okay, look, the problem is I think illustrated by Melissa Powers Loss. She has a great record, amazing. She has done a great, great job for the community, the juvenile programs, the Drug Corps, the veterans programs's she a tough on crime prosecutor. Obviously she struggles with some of the liberal judges, but she's not laying down and letting criminals go. She's prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. And she ran against someone with zero experience, who has didn't even have her license last year, never law license even last year, hasn't been in the courtroom in ever a long long time, and did not have a campaign, none, didn't go out and public didn't do a town hall meeting.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe she did. I didn't hear about it. It was never written about, you know, and a lot of people out in listening anything. Who is it anyway? Who ended up being Connie Pillage? Where was her name? Where was her you know, party? Or is her platform? Nothing? She was on the blue sample back. That's it. That see, that's the point I was getting to. Yep, And if that's all it takes to win in Hamilton County, you don't have to spend any money. And the Republicans, I guess they've just thrown in the towel. Why bother, why even try? But you know, you say, we want to have Melissa Powers. She was out all over the place.
Speaker 11: She was out there, and she did the event at the farm and immediately said afterwards, I really would like to do a podcast with you. So we set that up and if you watch that podcast, you can see my face. Halfway through.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god. She is an amazing prosecutor. She's perfect for this job.
Speaker 11: And she's running against somebody whose name appeared on a blue piece of patron and that's all it.
Speaker 1: Took in Hamilton County. Let's pause. We're in George Runnan Black planning to talk about of course six twenty seventhy five KR see the talk station. And for all your residential plumbing needs, you need to get in touch with Plumb Tight. It's always plumbing done right. You'll be glad you call them. Rice is always right. The customer service is just fantastic. Those guys are just respectful of your home, respectful of you the homeowner. They'll show up on time, and you'll know they'll show up on time because they'll let you know ahead of time how long it's going to be before they get there. I love that phone call because I hate a window. Now you get a window when you call. It's like, well between eleven and one, but you know, you get a phone call. I'm fifteen minutes out according to my GPS. You're like, okay, I know exactly when the doorbell is going to ring, which is just a nice little extra perk. I think they'll send a photograph of the plumber, so there's no concerns for you when you know when there's person ringing on your front door. So if you've got problems with water pressure, leaky pipe, excuse me, leaky pipes, toilet issues, raining chandelier, which is my favorite joking, but it was a real example my own dining room. You need a plumber and that would be an emergency situation. And they do twenty four hour day, seven day week emergency services. So just make sure you know how to shut your water off in your own it's always plumbing done right and they enjoy an A plus with a better business series. So from northern Kentucky to Dayton everywhere in between, call them up five on three seven two seven eighty four eighty three five and three seven two seven tight online. Find them at plumbtight dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Turn up your radio. Here's the Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 12: The magnitude of problems that he is inheriting are massive. It's sort of like you have a boat taken on water. You got to plug up the whole well. We got to stop the illegal immigrants unvetted from coming into this country.
Speaker 1: We got to get that wall up fast.
Speaker 12: Then we've got over twelve and a half million if you look at the illegals that were here before, people that didn't respect our laws, borders, sovereignty, including known terrorists, including cartel members, gang members, murderers, rapists, other violent criminals that have been, you know, wreaking havoc all across the country. We've got to find them, We've got to remove them. I mean, how do we find the terrorists that we know are in the country. What do you think they're doing. We know what they're doing. They're plotting, they're planning, their scheming. That is a monumental task.
Speaker 4: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here.
Speaker 12: So, the FBI they called house stealing. I've been telling you about this for over a year. It is a huge problem if you own a home, if you own any real estate, it is crucial you protect your property and your equity from these criminals.
Speaker 1: Now I've arranged for you.
Speaker 12: My listeners have fifty percent off home title Locks triple lock protection.
Speaker 1: Now you will immediately be protected.
Speaker 12: You'll get fifty percent off when you use the promo code Hannity that's home title lock dot com. Promo code Hannity that's home titlelock dot com.
Speaker 13: Are you having trouble hearing? Hearing loss can devastate the quality of your life. Now there's an affordable fix for you or your loved one. Rated in the best hearing age of twenty twenty four by USA Today. Audience Hearing has the highest quality hearing aids at the lowest prices just one eighty nine.
Speaker 14: I actually like them better than my old five thousand dollars hearing aids.
Speaker 1: I could not believe how my hearing and life change.
Speaker 13: Join over five hundred thousand happy customers by going to Audience hearing dot com. That's au D I e Nhearing dot com. iHeartRadio is your next. Forty one forecast. Clouds today with a high forty overnight going to be overcast. A wintry mix is possible. Low thirty Tomorrow, start out with a wintery mix. It may change the snow possibility anyway.
Speaker 1: Thirty five for the high, down to twenty five overnight with more clouds than another cloudy, partly cloudy Saturday with a high thirty four thirty five RAND. Now time for traffic.
Speaker 3: From the UCALT Traffic Center for unmatched cancer care.
Speaker 9: Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy. Call five one, three, five to eighty four. Beam Highways continue to look good this morning. No major time delays to deal with as of yet just beginning to build a bit northbound fourth seventy one coming into town inbound seventy four wide open whole range to the seventy five ram shot King bram On fifty.
Speaker 3: Five kr se Leep talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one, going to it at six thirty two. If you've got kercity talk station, Happy Thursday from Restore Liberty dot Us George Renaman in studio, you can get the details on tonight's holiday buffet at the farm. Just an opportunity for some fellowship with the Restore Liberty US folks and talk politics. Let's talk real quick. I know everybody's got their own mixed feelings about RFK Junior, But in the capacity he will be in, he will be playing in the Trump administration, I'm not afraid of him.
Speaker 11: I know he's a loon like on Green and he's a huge Green guy. He's pretty big on abortion as well.
Speaker 1: I know, so a lot of reasons for me to dislike him, but he won't have any control over the vast majority of things that we disagree with him on.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we had the polio vaccine. Honestly, I've seen the devastation that polio you know, did on the whole. I mean, for years, iron lungs. Geez, there were rooms filled with people in iron lungs because of polio. So I'm not an anti VAXX guy. I like the idea of being able to choose whether or not it's an appropriate thing. I'd like them to do a lot of clinical trials to prove that they're safe or that they can warm me at a time of the perils of taking any given drug, like they have to do before I choose knowingly whether or not to take it. Obviously, I'm referring to the COVID nineteen vaccine, which obviously has a massive number of problems, probably forced upon the American people. So but to say no vaccines across the board, and I'm not that guy, and he isn't saying that either.
Speaker 11: He's saying what you just said, which has proved to me they're safe, and he's been getting you know, Fauci went after him for saying that the vaccines that you give kids haven't been safety trialed. Turns out none of them have, and so I think that's a valid complaint. The other thing is, you know, you go from the original Salk vaccine for polio, which was they basically take the germ practically to kill it. Yeah, and your body builds up in anybody, that's a natural process. They're just activating something your body does. Anyway, fast forward to mRNA. See they're reprogramming your own DNA. They're now finding that the body is still producing spike proteins because of that little amount of mRNA they injected in you has now been incorporated into your DNA.
Speaker 1: And that's where the things frighten me. And that's where what more research. And that's see, that's an area where I think he's making some valid points just like he made. And then the other thing is, and more importantly for me, as I've done, you know, because I have you know, cancer, I've done a lot of research. And if I find out that, you know, diet plays a huge role in it and you can literally starve cancer by just depriving it of sugars. I was just going to mention that, and that's what I've been doing. I want in a keto dyet. For a full month, I had no carbs and zero sugar, and I've allowed myself some carbs since then. H helped. I lost fifteen pounds in a month on that thing, by way, So if you want to lose weight, you know, go ahead and struggle and suffer like I did, and it sucks. I'm not going to tell you anything is great about the Keytot diet. You think eating a pound of bacon every day is fun and I didn't even do that. But what you find is that the foods that you're allowed to eat on a keyto diet and then making you get bored, you get bored bored quickly. We've been doing it since July, and so my wife and I started down this path of looking at the new literatures out there.
Speaker 11: There's a bunch of great books. And at the same time then RFK is coming to the foreground, and it's like, okay, this is something we should invest raising awareness.
Speaker 1: This is why I like him. He'll at least be talking about it. Everyone in government seems to be protective of some evil industries. And I'm not going to blanket say all the food industries are all evil and corrupt, but Lord almighty, when you start cutting sugar out of your diet, that's the moment in time you realize what in the living hell is going on in everything? Corns? I mean, you can't get away from it. It's crazy.
Speaker 11: So there's a combination of things that kind of drove my wife and I and now we've got a whole team are putting together for something we're calling Restore Wellness Style. So what happened is we started doing the research and so, like you mentioned, cancer needs sugar. If you if you started to sugar, the cancer starts to die. Alzheimer's needs cholesterol. The fact that cholesterol is being taken out of your body with statins, you know, they've got these ridiculously low numbers. They're targeting your brain's forty percent cholesterol. You start starving it, guess what, you lose your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And honestly, my dad, you know, he terrible cases of Alzheimer's dementia. And I haven't seen definitive proof that those statins do that. But at the same time, that's the point that's made your brain is largely fat. And he took them from the moment they came out on the market. I remember he was pre I'm cholestero. You know, my veins are teflon coded. Now I'm not gonna have my arteries blocked. And you know, he had his father died of a massive heart attack when my dad was eighteen years old. So you know in high cholesterol number wise does tend to run in the family. I was even on those damn things for a while, and it's been decades since I got off them. But I don't view the cholesterol as necessarily evil. It's part of your body and your and the fats are your brain. So have you taken all the fats out of your body is a dangerous thing geo logically speaking, The whole thing is that cholesterol was something that could measure, and by measuring it they can take it take action against it. But the real issue is, and what the literature is now saying, is blaming cholesterol for heart issues clogged arteries is like blaming firemen for house fires. Yes, cholesterol shows up in all of these clawged gartery cases. Why because there's a tear in the artery and they're coming to fix that. It's like you know, when there's a fire in the house, you call the fire company and they come out and put out the fire. Cholesterol is nothing more than a reaction to inflammation. Inflammation is caused by seed oils, high fruitose, corn syrup, and carbs, and so we're going after the wrong thing. It's really interesting, So we started down that path you just talked about. It's when Keto, now that it's been like five or six months, we don't even really think about it at all, but every now and it's like, man, you know, I'd really like to have a soft dough preszel and you know what, baked potato and all. Your life's too short to completely deprive yourself of that. That's why I dropped the kto diet like a bad habit for Thanksgiving, yep. But I've stuck on the low, low, low sugar component and that's actually been pretty easy to accommody. Once you ebb all the sugars, once you know what you can and cannot eat, it's pretty easy. And some of that substitution like instead of rice, use cabbage, right, and a multitude of different ways. But it's a good thing, and I'm glad you're encouraging it. It's restore wellness dot or is what you are now working on. Six thirty eight. Coming up at six thirty nine, TIK five Karste talks. As you mentioned house fires, Well, you might have a house fire if you don't take care of your chimney. Your chimney can catch on fire as if you have a wood burner's creosote build up. That happens. You don't have to let it happen. You shouldn't let it happen. Get it fire, your fireplace inspected by the Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove, or your free standing stove, or any firebox you got something burning in, have it inspected. Carbon Monoxide is a deadly silent odorless killer, and you could have a carbon monoxide problem with your fireplace if it's not venting properly or in the case of my firebox to want the builder special insert dangerous. That's what an inspection revealed. So I quit using that and I had the Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove install a new fireplace insert, which is absolutely phenomenal. They did that many years ago. I just love it to death. Not only look a lot better than the old one, it's remote control and I have a gas fireplace. It's just fantastic. They have a huge selection of those. Is everything else related to chimneys and fireplaces at the Chimneycare Fireplaces the showroom four to thirteen Ward's Corner Road. You can find them online schedule the inspection. They have an A plus with a better business drill and they literally do everything including waterproofing and cap and damper replacement, tuck pointing everything five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred online It's Chimneycareco. Dot Com. Fifty five KRCUH Channel nine says got a cloud, Daner hands a dagg going up to forty down to thirty overnight with a possible wintery mix. We'll start out with a wintery mix tomorrow perhaps and also a chance of snow tomorrow as well. Thirty five for the High. Down to twenty five overnight with clouds and a partly cloudy Saturday. Thirty four for the High. It's thirty four right now. Time for traffic from.
Speaker 9: The ucl Tramphic Center for unmatched Cancer Care. Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center. The only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three five eighty four.
Speaker 1: Beam Highway traffic continues to look good this morning.
Speaker 9: Just a bit of a slow down northbound four seventy one right side of the bridge south bend seventy five, so in pretty good shape out of Sharonville through Evendale and in the Lockwood Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station, so it's.
Speaker 1: Forty three or fifty five KRC detalk station. George Renan in studio from Restore Liberty dot us, but also from Restore Wellness dot Org. We're talking about nutrition and health in the context of RFK at least, I think hopefully will raise sufficient awareness so we can all improve our diets. I don't know why. You know, we've got all these dyes and things in the suit and you look at the list of ingredients and you're like, holy crap. You know, okay, I understand the first four ingredients like bread you need flour and eggs and you know, yeas, and then after that it's like fifteen ingredients, which like, what in the hell is FDC die number seven or whatever doing in there? So maybe that has some component to do with it. But you're not talking out of school here. I know it's not doctor George Brenneman, but you do have a medical practitioner working with you on this ret or Wellness dot Org.
Speaker 11: Right, And so we're taking a bit of a different approach here. So all of the political stuff we've been doing. The whole objective is you educate people so they can get other people persuaded to vote whatever way you want to try and get them to vote. So you're always working on this person that's not at the meeting. The difference with Restore Wellness is we're really focused on educating the people firsthand. So we're trying to put out information on you know, nutrition, on lifestyle, on all of the new literature on what's going on in the medical field. And the big difference is, let's stop focusing on which pill I take for which symptom and instead let's focus on not getting the symptoms in the first place. There's the thought, and to me, that's the revolution that's happening right now is we're finally realizing, Hey, the fact that we got runaway obesity, run away heart disease, run away Alzheimer's. What if the cause isn't because we haven't come up with the right pill yet. What if the cause is what we're eating or the fact that we're not getting off the couch. So Restore Wellness dot Org we're doing a couple of things different. We're going to really focus on getting some videos and podcasts out there. We've teamed up with a functional medical practitioner and guy named Keith Tennefeld. He's alt In Harrison. He got a rep for how he was treating COVID. He was having huge success on keeping people off of respirators and treating them with ivermectin and you know ACQ and zanc So's he's an out of the box thinker, very very practical, entirely focused on what can you do to prevent disease as opposed to treat disease. And so Keith is part of our team now he's going to be with us on the podcast and on the videos. Uh, super excited. We're getting enormously positive feedback. We've contacted some of the authors of the books that I mentioned on the website. We're going to have them on as guests. So I think we're we're onto something that could really help you know, the community as a whole, and you know, whoever else wants to, you know, listen in via the web on what we're trying to do here. But it's a local focus, but with a global concept in mind. We're really trying to focus on how do you prevent heart disease. How do you make it so that, you know, when I hit sixty five this year and I'm feeling every inch of that sixty five, how do I make it so it doesn't get any worse from here, and in fact, it might get better. And you know, diets a big thing. Exercise is a big thing, but you got to be practical about it. So none of this is unattainable. It's all some very simple steps. It's just a matter of getting the information out there. So that's what we're trying to do. I encourage everybody go to restore wellness dot org. We're going to start populating it come January. So we're really looking forward.
Speaker 1: To taking this on. I hope you have some great success at it. While you're at it, figure out a way, and I'm speaking on behalf of a lot of people in the listening audience right now, including I'm talking to my wife. Figure out a way to tap motivation to exercise. See I can watch and I can be good at that. Getting my lazy butt off the couch and to do something physical is something that is lacking in my personality. So you figure that one out. Brother, you are gonna hit a home run forever if you see it, because they should. I'm not see I know I'm not alone. Everybody's going. You're right, man, how is it that you know there's my neighbor. He's out there jogging every morning. He runs three mosts where he gets so his cars go to work.
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 1: Hell nos. My reaction that Spice I saw was a book called The Primal Blueprint, and he says, just come out and play with the grandkids. Just I don't have grandkids yet, but I do know that you should go to go Zimmer dot com for your HVAC needs. They are the best, great people. It's their generation, family and operated. You can talk to Chris Zimmer about that, and he is proud of his operation. He is well going to take great care of your heating and air conditioning situation right now. It's heating time, of course, and they've got a special going on. Save twenty two one hundred dollars of real money on a new carrier comfort system. Zimmer Heating and Cooling. They've been at this for seventy five years. They have been making sure homes for their customers are safe, efficient and comfortable. And of course they represent the company that have vented air conditioning carrier and of course the heating units the carrier provides as well, where you can save twenty two hundred dollars. So turn to the experts at Zimmer and get that warm carrier cash rebay wildy offer last call them up five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five to one ninety eight ninety three Online you'll find them at go Zimmer dot com. Fifty five KRC people uh N flaty day today, high forty overnight going to be cloudy and wintry mixes possible thirty for the low and we may wake up with that winter and mix as well, along with a chance of snow Tomorrow during the day. Thirty five will be the high down to twenty five overnight with clouds and a party thirty Saturday. I have thirty four. It's thirty four right now. Time for traffic from the UCF.
Speaker 9: Triumphing Center for Unmatched Cancer Care TOOS the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three five VAN four being highways not banned at all to deal with so far this morning northbound seventy five getting a little bit heavier at Kyle's.
Speaker 3: Still not a whole lot of extra time needed into downtown.
Speaker 9: You're doing fine inbound seventy four and west Who's seventy five at Loveline shot Kingramont fifty five KRC, the talks station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty two if at about PARC talk station. A few more minutes here with George running and restored Liberty dot us and of course the new site which will soon be well populated with health information Restore Wellness dot org pivoting over in the last couple of minutes. I just wanted to bring this up because I was so frustrated, and I have been and repeatedly frustrated four years now with the Republican government in Columbus. I regularly referred to as a hurting cat. Do you think that they would get along and play nicely and actually accomplish something on behalf of Ohioan's in the name of you know, our collective you're in my and my listening audience's belief systems, the message you know, smaller government, you know, a more better functioning government, and bringing about, you know, much needed legislation, like, for example, doing something about the insanity that is our real estate taxes. And they had an opportunity to do it. And there's been actual legislation, fully crafted and vetted through committee laying on their desks now since last year and Lloyd Old got passed by the House. What's seventy seven to eleven or something like that. This this, this homestead relief would have helped the seniors, largely those who are on Social Security, and those are the ones that are worried about losing their property because their taxes won up thirty percent and that you Senate, well, you know it just didn't do enough for they could have done. I'll take a little tiny bite. You would not know that we have super majority gop up in the ills. And what's even worse, property taxes are Like when you start talking to that, my blood pressure goes sky high because not only are they not helping the fact that you can't afford to keep your house, not because of the mortgage, but because of the property taxes. They're talking about getting rid of the income tax.
Speaker 3: Well, time out.
Speaker 11: If you get rid of the income tax, that just means property taxes are going to go even higher. You're getting taxed on the current value of your home. Not what you paid for it, So you're just going to drive people out of their houses. It's like their intent on getting rid of home ownership. The Columbus mindset is just bonkers. You can tell who's paying their bills. It's not us, it's the lobbyists up there. And on top of that, I don't know if you saw the house, I don't know if it's past. The Senate yet just passed a thirty percent increase to all police and fire retirement funds. So every single township now has a thirty percent increase in their bill with no way to pay for it except increased property taxes. So not only are they not taking up action on the Homestead Act to help seniors and basically anybody else afford their homes, they're going after income tax, which is going to drive property even higher. And now they're raising the costs associated with every community in the state with no way to pay for it. It's like they're totally tone deaf, and I don't know how we get rid of the fact that these people keep getting re elected and they have no idea what they're doing to harm their the voters, and it's just crazy. They just keep getting back up there and they just circulate through. I mean, just look at the west side. You go from the Senate to the House, to the Senate to the House. We've got term moments, but nobody ever pays for it. It's it's absolutely bonkers. I don't know how we get Columbus in line. There's going to have to be I talk with Tom's Alistawski. I'm sure you've talked to Tom up in Portach County. Tom's thing is, next year, we're not backing any Republicans. The only people will back our independents. So we're going to go after school boards, township trustees, you know, all of the local stuff, and say, okay, I don't care if you're a Republican or a Democrat. I want you to be citizen first and focus on what's really causing the issues.
Speaker 1: Going back to where we started this conversation this morning, at the beginning, which is this whole sort of populist do something for the collective people, do something to make our lives simpler, easier, less regulated, more freedoms, more liberties. Leave me alone and stop taking my money. Amen, Brother George, always a distinct pleasure talking with you, having you in the program, and I will strongly encourage people to, you know, go ahead and head on over to the farm tonight five point thirty for the buffet. Wonderful food at the farm. It's a West Side institution and you can enjoy the fellowship this time of the year, perfect time of year for it. I met Merry Christmas do you and your family? Merry Christmas to you and to all your listeners. Brian, you've got a huge crowd out there.
Speaker 11: I wish everybody happy holidays and best wishes for a great twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: We'll hit the ground running and we'll have you back on the program in twenty twenty five. Folks, stick around Roger King in studio Hurt for Seniors Foundation, and then we're gonna hear from Dan Clair, a chief communications officer for Disabled Veterans or Disabled American Veterans. They've got a Patriot boot camp, cool thing going on. We'll learn about that at seven point thirty. Stick around, please a.
Speaker 8: Full rundown and the biggest headlines is minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: A critical message, but it's important.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station mis REEP seven six At fifty five KRC, the talk station, and he's very happy. What I love to call Friday Eve and anticipation at tomorrow, which is going to be the Christmas Show. Rob Ryder in studio with his guitar, which is tradition here in the fifty five KRC Morning Show and it has been since my dad was behind the microphone again. I'm concluding my eighteenth year radio tomorrow, which is the last day of the year for me. I'm gonna have several people filling in for me, Dan Carroll and Kevin Gordon and Garret Jeff Walker, and so enjoy those folks for the balance of the year. And I'm looking forward tomorrow and celebrating Christmas. And I've been looking forward to this all morning. I have in studio Patty Scott and Roger King. They're with an organization called Heart for Seniors, and I'll recommend you check them out online. It's the word Heart with a number four followed by seniors dot org. So we're gonna learn about this nonprofit and what they do for seniors, which is really an unbelievably important thing. Patty, Roger, Welcome to the fifty five Karasy Morning Show. I'm really happy you're able to come in studio. I love having face to face conversations. Thanks, Marian, you you're more than welcome. You can feel free to talk. Roger got shocked by the microphone. He grounded out. I think he's afraid of it now. He's just had some static electricity built up. Like Roger, no one has ever been shocked by that thing. It doesn't have current flowing through it. You're okay, But how long? When did you start Hard for Seniors and more fundamentally, what was your motivation behind starting this organization?
Speaker 14: Well, I have to say, Brian, we started it actually a few months ago when we actually became official and did all the filings. But this has been ongoing for well over seven years. You know, there's a crisis that's growing that nobody wants to talk about, and that's the abuse and the neglect that's going on with our seniors, our elderly that are in these long term care facilities and all right. You know, my parents are eighty seven years old and I'm facing it every day. And it's like when you look and see what's out there, from dehydration to UTIs to skin breakdowns, it's something that is ugly that nobody wants to talk about, and I really found there was no technology around it.
Speaker 1: So HEART actually.
Speaker 14: Stands for Healthcare Evolution, Alert Response Technology because at the end of the day, it's all about out quality, right, Like what is out there? If you have a loved one in a nursing home, how do you, as a daughter know that there's not being taken care of. There's nothing that's out there that can hold them accountable. So I actually came to Roger, who's been in the healthcare industry forever, and I knew this all started when my mom fell and broke her hip, and at two am she called me because she was very continent, even though she had had the surgery, and she had been ringing the bell and ringing the bell and nobody came in.
Speaker 15: From a callite perspective, it was two am.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 14: So I drove thirty minutes to get to her and I walked in. I have video that would just be stunning that you just hear. It's like Christmas lights and music going off, and I'm walking hall to hall to hall. No one, no nurses, No A's like, no one. I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: I can I ask you how long ago? This occurred?
Speaker 15: A year ago?
Speaker 1: Okay, a year ago, a year ago? Yeah, I was appalled.
Speaker 14: The next day, I walked into the administrator's office and I showed him the video and I said, really, what was the response you got to that?
Speaker 5: Mum?
Speaker 1: I traded a litigation attorney, so you know my litigation. My bells are ringing and my and my wheels are spinning, and I'm thinking this sounds actionable. I mean, this is this is at minimum negligence.
Speaker 14: Well, immediately he was embarrassed, you know, and of course, oh, well we're going to get you know, the don and all these people because she was in rehab. And I'm and at this point it was not just about my mom. I was like, what about all these other people that are sitting here as well, you know. And then and then his thing was, well, you know, we hire these agencies and people don't show up. And I'm like, well, but I walked around. I mean, the video is three to fo five minutes, no one at two am.
Speaker 1: I mean, where are they? I was just going to ask you this, I mean, that's why I asked where the timeframe was because my father passed away just last week or week before two years ago, and when he passed away, he was in Alzheimer's dementia care facility. And you know, thank God for my mom. I mean, she you know, worked herself to the point where she was almost in worse shape than my father at home, until the point where she really wasn't capable of caring for him twenty four to seven, because you know, it's a twenty four to seven.
Speaker 15: Thing, twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: So we got him into this facility. I'm not going to name, I'm not going to detract from them, but you know, there were times when you walk through and you're scratching your head, You're going hmmm. And when you talk with the folks that work there, you really wonder the caliber and quality of the person. These didn't seem to be trained medical professionals. Like my expectation was the place to be filled with nurses, you know, you know, skilled nurses or just first folks of a nursing degree or something like that. Now, these were you know, lower wage, sort of hourly employees, capable of maybe doing the cleanup work and doing the meal prep, but beyond that.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 1: And Mom practically lived there next to them, making sure that he was well taken care of, because quite often you felt like you wasn't.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and this isn't. This is a crisis that isn't going away.
Speaker 14: I mean you look at the aging population, right and the biggest issues dehydration. UTI's so UTI's lead to say, yeah, you know, and it's just it.
Speaker 15: Why is it right?
Speaker 14: Why is it right that our loved ones are sitting in urine and feces for more than twenty four hours?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know it, well it isn't. That's I guess The question is everybody's like, well, what's the answer to this?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: And this is why I guess you formed Thehartforce Seniors dot Org.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so I called Roger, who's been in this industry forever. He had actually had created through with the help of the University of Louisville and some other things. The technology was there. The question was how do I get it down to where my mom is right? And more importantly, like how can we get this out to everyone? Because more R and D needs to be done and again it needs to be alert response technology. And so I was very fortunate, I mean, with his trade association background and just all the expertise that he's had in all of his various companies.
Speaker 15: I knew that we could come up with the technology.
Speaker 1: Well, Roger, what is your background and how is it you? You know you ended up in this position to help out so many people.
Speaker 10: Well, I began my career working in nursing homes as a speech pathologist. Actually I worked with swallowing disorders and patients who had trades or were on vents and things like that. Became an ursing home administrator ultimately managed over thirty nursing homes in Ohio for about twenty five years. So I was able to in that job really see where the weak spots were, where we struggled to really give the quality of care I wanted. So that was extremely helpful for me to have gone through all that because today when I look at it, what I realized over time is ultimately we as a society, as a culture, we've failed our elderly people. Big Tech America has failed our elderly. Corporate America has failed our elderly people. We cannot rely on government regulations punishment to modify this behavior. To improve care. We have to in the private sector. We have to get innovative we have to solve the problems and technology can do that. We've seen it here locally at Batavia a nursing Home. Batavia Nursing Home, they have done a wonderful job with some new technology. We're literally seeing on the patients who wear that technology zero UTIs, zero skin breakdown, very fast response times from the staff to deal with incontinence, care issues, hydration, things like that. The concepts are being proven and I am just amazed and very very pleased with what I'm seeing.
Speaker 1: Okay, and since it is time for a break, you have set the stage wonderfully for me to ask the question how does this technology work? So we'll pause and we'll bring them back. It's Heart number four Seniors dot Org. Check them out. We're going to continue the conversation with Patty and Roger after a quick word here from a good buddies at Foreign Exchange. You fixed cards for less money and you're not going to sacrifice anything but way of the quality and the expertise of the mechanics. They are ASU certified master technicians who will work on your car. You can actually talk to them too. I'm a guy, I'm a car guy, so I like talking to the mechanic that works on my car. Now you try that at a dealership and you're gonna be stuck with a sales manager. Now those guys are busy in the background, Rover. Now they got time for you. You're a great customer and they want you back, and you're in this friendly environment. They treat their customers really wonderfully. You have foreign exchangemen going there for years and years. I literally save and I love pointing this out. I save more than two hundred dollars when I had my oil change there over the dealer. That's right. Save don't get a German car if you don't want to deal with that headache. But you know that's what I got, So that's what the cost it is. So but I love saving that kind of money. And over the years, I know I've saved thousands of dollars with the Honda that we got to keep up and my wife's German car in mind. So whether your car is from a traditional European or Asian manufacturer, you're in the best hands. And let me point out, they're all trained on repairing and maintaining Tesla's now as well. So talk to Austin crew at the Westchester location of Foreign Exchange Tylersville exit off seventy five, hang a right or go east rather two streets, then hang it right on Kingland Drive and you are slugging right at Foreign Exchange Westchester location. Look at them online, go to foreign axform the letteracts dot com. Please tell them, Brian said, how and you give them a call to schedule your appointment where you will pay lots of less money to have the car repaired, and you leave with a full warranty on parts and service. It's five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Five one three sixty four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 16: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station, the new improvement.
Speaker 1: Here's a nine first one to Wether forecasts. Got a cloudie the inner hands today going up to forty degrees tonight overcasts with the possibility of a winter remix thirty for the overnight low. They said, we may start out with that same wintery mix and it could change the snow thirty five for the high. Tomorrow overnight lo a twenty five with clouds and a partly cloudy Saturday with a higher thirty four. It is thirty four right now in time for traffic update. Chuck Ingram from the UC.
Speaker 9: How Traumphy Center for Unmatched Cancer Care choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three five eighty four beam inbound seventy four cruiser working with an accident left plane before you got the seventy five traffic starting to back up past Montana northbound seventy five, A few break lightspidermill towards Kyle's in southbound two seventy five, and slow go between the Lawrenceburg ramp and the Carrol Cropper due to roadwork. Chuck ingramont fifty five krs C the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five KRC the talk station talking about the state of senior care and senior living facilities and it's not very good. Patty Scott relayed her own personal experience dealing with her mom and wandering around in the middle of the night, wondering where everyone was to help her with her g broken hip, bells, ringing lights going off, knowing around to help out. Roger King has is now working with Patty and they have formed this five on three CE nonprofit. It's called Heart for Seniors, the number four Heart Number four Seniors. You can find them on line of Heartfoseniors dot org. And Rogers set the stage given his long history of dealing with these facilities and helping out folks living in them, dealing with the breathing issues as he started out with, and he's got a long career, so he was the right man to tap for the job. We're talking technology, and how do we address the senior laying in a bed having soiled themselves with no one around apparently to help them out. You were getting ready to explain this technology, Rogers, so let us learn from you.
Speaker 10: So the technology involves especially made adult brief. It's disposable, it's cost effective, and attached to that brief is a very small module which communicates to the Wi Fi and talks to the staff on smartphones and alerts them when the person soiled. And then the software creates a record of when and the event occurred, how long it took the staff to get there, and further than indicates which staff member responded for which resident, and then applies a reward system for that staff so they get extra bonus points and ultimately money for moving faster awesome in the form of gift cards and things like that. So what we're seeing with that system the way it's employed is average response times of about an hour, which is far better than what we get using protocols. When you look at nursing home protocols, they're doomed to failure. They basically tell staff check on everybody every two hours. Like Epstein, you're supposed to check on people. Yeah, sure, Hony. In order to do that, the staff have to go into the room reposition that resident either peek or smell or touch. Right, we're avoiding all that waking people up in the middle of the night to do that. Now, when you look at the numbers, it's interesting. I just looked at a facility that had about one hundred patients in it. Seventy of them were incontinent. When I do the mouth on that, I say, well, if you're going to check everybody every two hours, that's twelve times a day. That's over eight hundred times a day for fifteen nurse aides.
Speaker 1: That a's gonna happen.
Speaker 10: It's not ever going to happen. So the protocol itself is basically a falsehood. You know, everybody knows we can't get there. They're not going to get there. It's it's just a mirage. I think there are some really bad nursing homes where you may say you may see people get changed once a shift. Now when this happens, the outcomes, the potential outcomes there are really bad. You're going to get skin break down, You're going to get incontinence related dermatitis. It may go deeper into the tissue. It may ultimately create a pressure ulcer which goes to the bone. You'll see urinary tract infections get involved. You're getting into your getting into potential sepsis and ICU stays and things like that. So this technology though, think about skin and urinary tract infections as an example, when you lay in urine in feces for hours, especially the female patients, that e coalies going into the urinary tract and we've got big problems.
Speaker 1: Oh God.
Speaker 10: What we saw recently in a study in this facility involving about three hundred people is that biolink system is what it's called, actually had zero skin breakdown, zero UTIs when compared to the rest of the population which had incidents over about a three or four month period. Of about fifteen sixteen percent for both of those issues, so it essentially took the problem areas out problem outcomes to zero.
Speaker 1: That's it. The concept is so awesome and it just blows my mind that nobody thought of this before, has rolled it out before, because this technology seems in modern times to be fairly simple. We got smartphone, smart devices, we got sensors and gadgets literally everywhere that the but the I was immediately thinking that the response time it was going to sort of be this threat of penalty if you didn't get there. So there, you know, we're keeping track of how long it takes, you know, and it's going to be a marker on your record if you let this person lay in there for a couple hours after the arm goes. But the idea that it has a reward system built into it, it is great. I don't know, man it and the record is there. You can show the patient's family, look how quickly we were able to deal with this and how often it happens, and it just is awesome.
Speaker 10: Well, interestingly, that same module monitors body temperature and it will also indicate if somebody hasn't urinated in a certain number of hours that they need fluids. So there's a lot that goes into it beyond just the incontinence. It monitors positioning, so if it looks like somebody is going to fall and they're in a bad position, alert on that. There's also a risk wearable device that's going with it that monitors blood oxygen levels. It'll monitor heart rate for a tachocardia bradacardia. It'll alert phones to the staff on that, as well as temperature device there. So you can imagine in some facilities somebody could have a fever for a long time before it's detected. We could have pneumonia developing, or some other viral infection things like that. There's work being done on some dressings with chips embedded that would alert staff to when a wound dressing needs to be changed because it saturated with exoday with blood. There's no neglect there. It's it's it's basically the idea is use technology to identify potential needs, alert staff caring smart devices to go check that resident and assess and deal with that need, and then document with the software how well everybody did an alert went out, did they respond and how fast?
Speaker 1: I tell you, Roger that's mind blowing. That is so cool and I can't imagine a facility not wanting to adopt that. And again, going back to my litigation mindset, this would avoid so many problems, so many potential lawsuits, would avoid so much heartbreak. It would avoid so much death and and and struggles and pain that goes along with all these conditions that manifest themselves because of neglect. Boom problem solved. Roger King, Patty Scott, it's again Heart the Number four Seniors dot Org. Amazing stuff, wonderful developments technologically speaking, and a brilliant concept. I applaud both of you for this. Again. I keep thinking of my dad and what a wonderful thing that would have been if had they had this technology. Where he was and he was in again, I'm saying he was in really pretty good hands, at least in so far as these institutions are concerned.
Speaker 10: Real quick, go ahead, yeah right now, Just for everybody's information, this technology is in four nursing homes in Ohio. We're expanding to six more in January. Our goal is to get into fifty next year. We need funding, you know, that's the whole purpose of Heart for Seniors to get donations to help expand these concepts. And locally here it's Batavia Nursing and Convalescent Center and Salem Woods has the technology now and it's the staff's doing wonderful with it, and we're really proud of what we're accomplishing there.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I assure you that Brian Thomas will be making a donation hard for Seniors dot org today. Wow, as soon as I got enough time to fill out the form here, which shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes. But I God bless you for the work you're doing, and I'll make the donation of my excuse me having an allergy attack thinking of my dad. So thanks for what you're doing. Good having you in studio too, and we'll get to uh guess we're going to take a break here and we'll be talking to the Disabled American Veterans Dan Clare, chief Communications Officer about the Disabled American Veterans Patriot boot Camp coming up. Stick around, folks, be right back after I mentioned affordable medical imaging where you can get you know, CT scans, MRIs and all that stuff for very very low prices, save yourself thousands of dollars over the hospital imaging department where they will literally charge you thousands of dollars to get a CT scan. You get a separate bill for the for the board certified radiologists. How much a CT scan is without a contrast, it's four hundred and fifty bucks. At Affordable Imaging Services, you get a contrast at six hundred. You know, that's like it's like ten percent of what you probably pay at the hospital. Just one illustration of the massive savings you can achieve. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. It's really low overhead. I got a CT scan and affordable and so don't expect all kinds of bells and whistles. But they got the same equipment the hospital has, so you what you're paying for is a bunch of bells and whistles, and of course you're helping the hospital pay for all that overhead that they have. Don't do it, call them up, schedule the appointment at five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three, seven, five three eight thousand. Learn more online. It's Affordable Medimaging dot com fifty five krc siven.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 1: The nine first warning on the forecast is as follows cloudy day today, I h have a forty overnight low a thirty with possible wintery mix they say isolated. Probably start out the morning with that too. It's a possibility as long as well as a posible. We died more snow tomorrow during the day thirty five for the high, down to twenty five overnight with clouds at a partly cloudy Saturday high thirty four thirty five right now traffic time probably us.
Speaker 9: How Triumphange Center for Unmatched Cancer Care choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center. The only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three five eighty four. Beam crews continue to work by the wreck inbound seventy four before you got seventy five let lane's blocked off. Traffic backs towards Montana South Bend two seventy five continues slow between the Lawrenceburg Ramp and the Carrel Cropper due to the lane closures. Northbound seventy five break vides, buttermilk Kyle's chuck Ingramont fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty three fifty five KR ce de talk station. I love the American veterans, and I know that. My next guest, Dan Claire, who's chief communications officer for Disabled American Veterans, does as well. They got a Patriot boot camp. He's gonna tell us all about it. Welcome to the program, Chief Communications Officer Dan Claire.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 4: I am a huge fan. I'm surprised I'm not singing the fifty five KRC Tri State weather jingle right now.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you listen to the program. I certainly appreciate it, and I very very merry Chris.
Speaker 3: What you care deeply about veterans and we're big fans.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I absolutely do, and I will admit readily a lot of it has to do with personal guilt for not having signing it out a lot on myself and serve my country in the American military. But I'm trying my best for the last eighteen years to make up for that by celebrating the American veteran, thanking them for their service to our country, having the huevos to sign that form and serve their country, not knowing anything about where they're going to go on what corner of the universe they're going to land. But I just I love the veterans and the veterans I met are just such quality, awesome human beings. I mean, just collectively across the board, you're great people. So it is a privilege to be in a position to support the work that you're doing. So let us you're it's Patriot boot Camp dot org. Is your website? Do I have that right?
Speaker 6: That is?
Speaker 4: That is the website for entrepreneur program at dav Okay.
Speaker 1: Now tell that my listeners about the boot camp. I understand it's being held this February in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, February five through seven. We're going to have a cohort come through thirty five to fifty veterans, and we're going to give them the building blocks to build their businesses. These are all entrepreneurs, their spouses, their veterans, some of them are military veterans, some of them are active duty spouses, and we're getting them in and we're giving them the building blocks to make business accessful for them.
Speaker 16: I just heard earlier this.
Speaker 4: Morning you were talking about how important small businesses to America. We believe veterans have the resilience, the discipline, the creativity to really contribute to our society this way and we're just thrilled to invest in veterans and believe in their potential.
Speaker 1: Dan Claire, I'm going to pause right now because I went a little along with my prior guests, and I want you to build a develop or at least offer some additional information about how you go about helping these veterans develop businesses. So we'll pause and again it's Patriot Bootcamp dot art. But we'll bring Dan back in just a moment after I mentioned my friends at Fast and Pro Roofing, because they are indeed my friends.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 1: The owners are just absolutely wonderful people. Ray and Amanda have put together the best possible roofing team, made even better because of course my future son in law, Eric works for them and has for a number of years now, and he's been in the roofing business for a long long time. You may get him on your roof doing the free inspection and free quote if you need the work now. Erick's an honest young man. That's one of the reasons they hired him. They are an honest roofing company. And there are a bunch of rip off artists out there, and every time I mention that, and they have been for years. It just irks me that there's these businesses out there that would take advantage of a senior or someone who doesn't want to get on their roof or really knowing thing about looking at what, you know, what what what a roofing problem might be. So they get on your roof, they don't find anything. They're not going to come down and tell you that you need to buy something you do not. They're not going to tell you need a new roof when you don't need one. But if there's something wrong up there, they're going to find it and they're going to give you a great price to fix it. Ask my friend Steve about that. He had no idea he had a roofing problem. He called him to do his sighting work, so they expected his roof. Of course they would, and they found some latent defects and got those fixed and he was really pleased, in fact, so please his son had an emergency he called. He got his son to call Fast and Pro and they were over there the very day he called them because rain was pouring down into his house. So you know, that's the kind of customer service you can expect from my friends at Fast and Pro. So get in touch with them, call them up for that free inspection. Five point three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. They do commercial and residential roofs, and they do all kinds of rooms, not just shingle. They do metal and terra cotta work and slate and also custom work like metal work and box gutters. It's beautiful. It's craftsman level stuff. Folks. Fasten fast E n Fasten pro Roofing dot com again five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five fifty five car Detox Team Weather Time nine first forty one forecasts gonna have cloudy day to day high a forty got possible isolated wintery mix going on overnight, otherwise overcast and a low of thirty might wake up with that wintery mix gonna change the snow possibly and a high of thirty five overnight low of twenty five Tomorrow night with clouds and a partly cloudy Saturday high of thirty four thirty five. Right now, if you've got KC detalk station, what's going on with traffic?
Speaker 9: Chuck from the UCF Tramphings Center for Unmatched Cancer Care, Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy called five one, three, five eight four Beam Cruise. Just cleared the accident inbound seventy four that was in the weft lane before seventy five.
Speaker 3: I have some tramping starting to move a little bit better.
Speaker 9: From Montana southbound two seventy five is a slow go between the Lawrenceburg ramp and the Carrol Croper with lane closures. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: A thirty nine coum eight forty fifty five KRCD talk station. Very happy Friday eve to you. Love helping the American veterans out in, said of Dan Claiir with the he's the chief communications officer for disabled American Veterans. Can find them online at what did I say was Patriot Bootcamp dot coms, which we're talking about. So the Patriot boot Camp you are providing training and information about starting small businesses. I know veterans are really kind of, you know, out of the box thinkters. You know, they got to, you know, do a lot of things on the fly, and it seems to me like they're the ideal small business. They have the resources and intellectual capacity or wherethal and go get her kind of tendencies to be wonderful small business owners. But you know what, I don't know Jack squat about business as my friend. I have always been a W two employee and people can make fun of me for that. But it just seems like such a challenge Dan to start a business and run it, Like I mean, is this the kind of thing? Are they going to be working with people who've been there and done that kind of thing?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, this is a program And dav was founded here in Cincinnati. We're nationally headquarter here in Cincinnati and the Cincinnati community, the entire region. CEOs have made this a priority, getting veterans up to speed, helping them with helping them as mentors. We're gonna have thirty five to fifty veterans participate in February. That means that we're gonna have thirty five to fifty mentors. And those folks are coming right from our community, our CEOs, our local folks, just coalescing around these folks to give them the startup education that they need, the mentorship, access to resources, talking about funding, branding, all the things that they need to know. Some of the things that they lost that other business owners were kind of acquiring.
Speaker 16: As they went.
Speaker 4: These folks were in military service, so this is just making business successful to them. It's giving them the building blocks they need, solving some of the initial problems they have so that they can succeed.
Speaker 1: How long you been doing this, We have been doing the program.
Speaker 4: It was actually founded by tech entrepreneurs and they said, can we be doing more to get veterans into tech? Can we get them?
Speaker 1: Can we make them job creators?
Speaker 4: And for dav you know, we help with benefits all the time. You're a big proponent I know of veterans getting help with their benefits because it's such a challenge to go through that process. This is a chance ters in to job creators, benefits providers, and like you said, it takes a special special kind of courage to put, you know, kind of start over in the world and say I'm going to invest in myself. I'm gonna invest in this this idea. What we see with these veterans are they're mission oriented people. They're doing there, They're going into businesses that help their communities. It's an amazing program and I want to thank the entire I want to thank you in the entire Cincinnati area because we couldn't do it without so many great business leaders who participate well.
Speaker 1: And you know, thank you for your service to our country. I know you're a Marine Corps veteran of the Persian golf and Air Force veteran of the war in Iraq and you probably served your country. You continue service to the American veteran with this. And so now all the ears perked up, and I got a lot of veterans out in the audience are going hmm. That sounds something that I'm very interested in. So how can interested entrepreneurial minded veterans apply.
Speaker 4: You know, we have the thirty five to fifty people get we've only had you know, we only usually have a couple from the area. So it's really easy to get in on Patriot boot Camp. Visit Patriot boot Camp dot org if you want to mentor and help these veterans. If you have a skill of talent, a subject matter expertise that helps on entrepreneurs, we want you to sign up as well. You can visit us at Patriot boot Camp dot org. Our next cohort, Like I said, it's February five through seven, and we'll be back in the spring. May fourteen through sixteen. This is a free program. Everything DAV does we provide at no obligation or costs to veterans of all generations. Spouses are included in that. People just have to get here, and for people in this area, there's no excuse not to. You know, there's no hotel, no airfare. Just come on in and we're going to take care of you.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that's awesome. I'm really glad you have pointed that out, because quite often the costs associated with some of these things can be the one stumbling block for someone who's otherwise very motivated to do it. So on behalf of all the veterans and those you've helped. Thank you very much for that. Now, speaking of those you've helped, why don't you give my listeners before we part company today a success story. I know there's somebody, some you know, some person out there who really made a go of this and has proven how wonderful this this boot camp turned out to be for them. Can you give us one of the success stories?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely. When I think of success stories and I think of Cincinnati, I think of Alan Parvis. He has a company called Go Faster in the Marine Corps. You know, you you they rename everything. You know, your bathroom's ahead, now you're you know they rename everything. Well, they call tennis shoes for running. They call him go Faster, So he calls his company Go Faster Athletic. You can visit it at go Fasterathletic dot com. He's a marine veteran. He's creating a shoe that is a hybrid road shoe running shoe, so it has the comfort trail shoe, so it has the comfort of a roadshoe, but you can take it off trail. Really helpful for veterans who like to get out there and run. And there's another person. He's looking to give back. He's looking to build shoes in America, give back to our economy, create jobs, and contribute. He's here in Cincinnati. Amazing company, great product. Just one of our great success stories, Alan Parvis.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic. So that's another little ounce of motivation for folks to get in touch with the Patriot boot Camp dot org against February fifty seventh. It's free. You're going to learn a lot of skills from people that are in the know. Again, doubling down on your point earlier. If you are an entrepreneur, has been successful and you know how these things work, help out the American veteran, join the program and teach these folks the skills they need to be successful in the private world, because sometimes transitioning from the military into this private sector is not an easy thing to do, even if you're just pursuing it a typical W two job like me. They live in a different world. They have that collective environment that they are taken out of and then thrown into this new, crazy world of those who have not been in uniform, and that transition is tough enough. But if you got the mind and you're interested in being an entrepreneur, it sounds like this is a wonderful way to go. Dan Claire, thank you for your service to our country and your ongoing service to the American veteran. Keep up the great work, and I'll be looking forward to having you back to show some time and hear more about these success stories and further promote the Patriot boot Camp. Maybe we'll do that in advance of the May fourteenth to sixteenth program.
Speaker 3: We'd love it.
Speaker 4: And Todd, Cassini and Diana are listening, so they said hello as well.
Speaker 1: Tell him, I said, Hi, Yeah, I'm the one that introduced them. I'm taking credit for that. I went to high school with Dianastrul. She's an awesome, awesome, awesome lady. And Todd is one of my best friends from childhood. And you know what the minute I thought when she said she was coming back to town, like I gotta fix her up with Todd Cassini. So that's great. That made my day. Dan Claire, thank you for your work. And tell them both. I said, Hi, that's wonderful. It's seven forty seven at fifty five Gara seedy talk station. Oh that's hilarious. QC Kinetics not hilarious, but actually you're gonna love it. You know, they have helped tens of thousands of people get rid of that pain, knee pain, hit pain, joint pain. Arthrite is kind of pain, and you know what I'm talking about. You may have been living with it for a long time now, and your doctor may have said the S word in front of you, and that will be surgery in the context of you know, years of maybe steroid shots that don't provide lasting relief, or any other thing you're doing like pain medications. You know it would be holding to a pharmaceutical company. How about using your body's natural healing properties, which they do in the office with no downtime. They concentrate those healing properties and put them right where that pain is and again providing lasting relief. So how about that. Imagine no more steroids, no more pain pills, and not having the downtime and all the problems associated with surgery. Give it a shot. Talk to them. You get a free consultation up front. If it isn't gonna work for you, they can tell you that, but it may very well, and that's what you want. Live your best life in twenty twenty five. Call them up, schedule that free consultation. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine eight four seven zero zero one nine One more time. It's QUC Kinetics five one three eight four seven Zero's YEARO one Night fifty five KRC dot Com.
Speaker 3: Join Eric McCain.
Speaker 8: It's your cat's favorite time of year. Make your season more sir with the latest US traffick and weather.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC Day Talk Station eighty four fifty five KR Seed Talk Station. A Happy Friday Eve to you A reminder Tomorrow's the Christmas Special with Rob Ryder and studio with his guitar and fun and games as we end the year. For me at least, I'll be often until the after the first of the year and looking forward to celebrating Christmas and sleeping in my favorite thing to do when I'm on vacation. Another one of my favorite things to do is talk with book authors. And what an amazing book this one is Your Roots Cast a Shadow, one Family Search Across History four belonging my guest Carolyn Toverman, who has this amazing background. Born in Sweden, raised in Canada, returned to her ancestral roots in Poland back in twenty thirteen to just explore love of traveling, experience different cultures, and what cultures and different things she experienced. She also writes about her family, For example, her her paternal grandmother was the first woman who's allowed buy groceries at a local Afghan market. Welcome to the program, Carolyn Toverman. It is a pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me. It's nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Let me first stay the just point out I am not a world of traveler by any stretch of the imagination. The countries I visited included a business trip to London, a trip to Ireland, and I've been to Canada. There you go. Not exactly an adventurous person, am I? But you know, I've always found, you know, the United States to be a fascinating place. And there's so many places I've been to the United States, and every time I go someplace I've never been here, Like, for example, I went to Yellowstone for the first time in my life just this past June. I was my mind was blown that we have such beauty here in the United States, but you don't experience these radical cultural distinct differences that you experience and write about in this book. Did you always have this adventurous spirit in you? Did you always want to travel?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: I like to say that I traveled before I was even born. So my parents when they left Poland in nineteen sixty eight, when they had to leave they couldn't come back. They lived in Baghdad, they lived in Paris, then they lived in Sweden, where I was born. And because most of my family was in Europe, every other summer we would go visit them and we would get in the car and we would take a road trip somewhere, and so yes, I think that it was just there wasn't a choice.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Well, you have to do what your parents do. It's like military families. You might end up being a military brad traveling from base to base your entire life. It does happen, so you had the benefit of that. I think my parents more like me in terms of less adventuresome. But I guess was what is the motivation behind your writing about all of the amazing things that you find in your roots cast a shadow?
Speaker 5: So because of travel, because of world wars and time and politics, a lot of my family was fragmented, and I didn't know a lot of this information. The group of us that lived in Canada was my mother, my father, my sister, me and then just immediate cousins and everyone else was in Europe, so I didn't know them. And when I moved, and when I first started traveling and I first started talking to my parents and asking questions, I just realized that there was such an incredible family history that was that would have been lost if I hadn't started to write about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, driven by your interest in your own Fai family history, which is so amazingly diverse. You obviously have a story to tell here, but such, I mean unbelievably different cultures just within your family, you know, when you look at the various areas, like for example, when I introduced you, I mentioned your paternal grandmother, the first one who's lawed to buy groceries in a local Afghan market. So that culture radically different than Canada or the United States or even Poland.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. And they found themselves there almost by accident, because my grandfather was an engineer. He was a roadbuilder, and he was one of the Polish engineers that helped build the road from Kabul to Jalalabad in the nineteen forties. But they found themselves in Afghanistan just before the war. My father was already alive at the time, and so they had no choice but to stay. They could not go back to Europe. And my dad and my uncle both grew up speaking Persian, so they had this extra language and they just had this amazing experience living there for the first seven or so years of their lives.
Speaker 1: How about that well? And also note, and again from the notes, your Jewish grandfather a rising star in the Communist party. Now is that one of the reasons he had a flee Poland at the beginning of World War two because he was a communist.
Speaker 5: No, because because he was a Jew, the Jewish part. Yes, there's that, Yeah, so he they were they. I think it's what helped him survive the war was that he was a communist because he had people that he could reach. But my grandparents actually fled to Uzbekistan. So they survived the war in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, and then came back but by way of Moscow because that's where my grandfather had contacts.
Speaker 1: Wow. So they were there to see all of the you know post y'all to division of the various countries between the West and the East. Did you know them, I mean, were there live in your life? You had conversations with them?
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, So my maternal grandparents, I knew them. My grandmother died about ten years ago, so I knew both of them very well. But they refused to talk about it. That was what they did. And my grandfather wrote a book called It's a Chronicle of Events. It's not officially published anywhere. It was friends and family. He was an engineer, so it was mostly names. Very difficult to read it's written in Polish, but he did a chronicle of how they fled and what happened, and so a lot of this book I relied on that information for a lot of this book.
Speaker 1: How about that? Well, I also understand you are multi lingual from someone I struggled in taking German. I had to take German as a prerequisite to get a college degree, and so five hour German. After I had a couple of years in high school. I remember like three words, you know. I never could get the gender, the dardi das you know, male female, neuter thing and anyway, my brain, I guess just isn't cut out for it. But you how many languages can you speak?
Speaker 5: So I speak three? My mother I spoke about seven or eight or eight.
Speaker 1: That's mind blowing to me.
Speaker 5: But I've always spoken them. I grew up I spoke Polish before I learned English, and then I went to a French school, so they were they have always been a part of my life.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's wild. Now, Okay, in terms of who you wrote the book, four, I understand the motivation behind it. Clearly your background has this wonderful opportunity to learn so much about your family. Well, you know, obviously providing these wonderful stories. Are are you writing it for people to suggest that they too should look into their background for their families, or is it just a personal exercise you wanted that turned into a published work, or are you trying to tell people to maybe get out of their own backyard and get out into the world.
Speaker 5: So originally, actually part of my pitch was that this was for the armchair traveler, the person who knew that there was more to their story, but they needed to find it and they didn't know how. So this was a little bit of a push for that. And ultimately I think it's about starting conversations with people and realizing that even though you know, we may come from two very different worlds, or even for people who haven't traveled a lot, you know, when you say you've always wanted to or you started to learn German, I've always wanted to learn German. And my grandparents actually lived in Germany, and I have family in Germany, and so that's a connection, that's something we can talk about. And it was really to start these conversations between people just to show us that we have a lot more in common sometimes than we think we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, we live in a very divided world. And since my radio program is mostly dedicated speaking and talking about matters political, I often recommend and I was a litigation attorney for sixteen years for I've been on radio, but to start your conversations, always try to spring from a point of mutual interest. If you can find a point of agreement, you at least start off on a pleasant foot, even though that conversation may take a turn someplace, try to find something a mutual agreement. So this is a wonderful opportunity to do that. And I'm sure you get this question all the time. But considering the global travel and all of the places that you were and have been in writing this book, what is the most interesting thing or weirdest thing or funnest fact that you found out about your family or family history during your discovery.
Speaker 5: So a lot of it was what you mentioned that my grandmother was the first woman allowed to trade with the men in the square in Afghanistan. I think that was mind blowing. I had no idea about that. And actually also just finding out about my maternal grandparents and the journey that they took partially on foot, by water, by train to flee. But I think the thing that really sticks out to me the most is they all chose to come back, and they all returned to Poland in nineteen forty four. And when I say that, people think, well, isn't that too early? And I have to explain, well, no, the front had already moved at that point, so they weren't in danger. But it was that decision to return when so many people just they had been done with it and didn't want to return.
Speaker 1: And I can certainly understand that. But you know, there is some weird connection that we as human beings had with our home land. Come what may, politics otherwise you still won't always go home. So I understand that, but real quick before we part company again. The name of the book, Your Roots Cast a Shadow One family search across history for belonging Carolyn topperm and the author. You can get a copy of the book at my blog page fifty five cars dot com. On the Afghan market thing, did she get special treatment because her husband was building a road or is this just a period of time where there was a sociological advancement where women were accepted and allowed to participate? What's what's the backstory? On them, and if I can ask, yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely so.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: She actually the first time she went, she had rotten fruit and stones thrown at her. They didn't want her there, and she was just extremely determined to do that that she would be able to handle the groceries for her family. And the other thing that's not in this part of the book is that she actually convinced the local governor to let girls wear jim shorts to class, to the gym class because she taught at a local school. So it was just it was her. It was entirely her attitude and her perseverance and who this woman was.
Speaker 1: She like the rows of parks of Afghanistan a little bit. That's awesome, well, Carolyn Topperman, and has been a real pleasure talking with you about this wonderful book. I'll encourage my listeners get a copy of it. Heck, you know, it's a holiday season, gift giving time. Why not get a book and maybe encourage people to explore their own family's history or perhaps even travel abroad. Carolyn, thanks again, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. I wish you the best on book sales. And it's been a pleasure actually seeing you and talking with you during this video conference.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: This has been really fun, my pleasure. It's eight sixteen a fifty five KRC the talk station USA Insallation Premium FOAM. I was just talking to George Brunman earlier in the program. He's like, I gotta get that. I gotta call those guys up because you have no idea how poorly insulated my home is. I'm thinking to myself, well, yeah, make the call man. It's a free quote free installation. I mean, the free insulation is not free, but it does pay for itself. So ultimately the savings on your energy bill make it well paid for by itself. Plus you enjoy the immediate comfort. And clearly he is dealing with a comfort issue. So with his home being an older one, George, You're definitely going to want to call USA, especially right now since it's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and you may save more than that on your energy bill. So you got a drafty, leaky home, and or otherwise you got one of those rooms it's ice cold during the winter time and maybe you know, really hot in the summer. That's uneven distribution of your HVAC system. You're fighting an uphill battle both ways. Stop it. Call USA, get a quote, get the insulation installed the exterior walls of your home. You're doing the right thing. The highest star value foam on the market. It goes with under insulated homes or it fills the empty space where there should have been insulation in the first place. So get ninety nine bucks a month interest free, and on top of that a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit. Yeah, the federal government wants you to do this five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one phone. You can learn more, learn all about it and see how it actually works and how it's installed. Just go to USA Installation dot net.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC the talkstation for more information about conduct.
Speaker 3: The earlier accident that was blocking the right lane is now clear.
Speaker 9: Sappen seventy five slows through Blachlan Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRCD talk Station.
Speaker 1: Eight thirty one fifty five KRE CEED talk Station. Always like to point out the only sanctioned Christmas music allowed on the fifty five KRC Morning show, So saith Me Bryan Thomas hosted the fifty five CARS Morning Show and more fundamentally, Joseph Strecker, execut producer the fifty five KRC Morning Show, who lines up this man every Thursday. And I dearly love Jay Ratlif. I heard media aviation expert good man he is, and I love our conversations. Welcome back, my dear friend. Happy holidays, Merry Christmas to.
Speaker 3: You and the same to you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Joe can track me down any part of this planet that I happen.
Speaker 7: To be on it.
Speaker 1: I know he's good at that, is it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyhow, real quick here, fed announced the rate cut, and it sounds to me like it's going to be one of few. It looks like what they're suggesting maybe possibly two next year, but maybe not. And somebody, apparently, I get the impression they're ignoring the ongoing inflationary reality we're dealing with. I mean, this, all this stuff is like the peace of God, specifically the Federal Reserve itself. But I know you are a stock trader extraordinaire. Daytrade fun dot com find out what he's all about. What's your take on this?
Speaker 16: Well, you know, everyone expected pretty much a quarter point interest rate cut. We got that the problem was some of the inflationary data for the last two months has been trending up. Yeah, And as a result, the FED chair said, look, next year, we would love to have seen three interest rate cuts. It's probably going to be two, and it may not be that, depending on where the data takes us. In other words, there's really not much different than what he's been saying. But then, of course the market drops eleven or twenty three points yesterday, people freak out and they're calling me, saying, Jay, is the sky fallowing?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 16: I said, look, it was not even a three percent drop. It's okay. It's one thing if you have an eleven hundred and twenty three point drop when the dow's at fifteen thousand, when it's at forty three thousand, and it's okay because it's it's like a not even three percent drop. And I remind him, you've got to be over seven percent to hit the historic list of the top twenty worst days on the Dow. So I said to the pre market, this morning's up about three hundred points on the Dow.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 16: Com seems to be restored. But it's all about the FED and all about the optimism. And of course the challenge for Jerome Pound the FED is going to be when Trump lights the fuse to this economy next year, how are they going to have to respond to try to stay ahead of things then, Because I think once energy and a lot of other things are really unleashed, we're going to see a lot of job creations and a lot of really good things happen to the economy. And if that's the case, it can be very interesting to see where things go. And as long as they can not let the national debt contin need.
Speaker 1: To go up, I'll be rather happy with it. Well, I'd like to think that you, like me, are excited about the entire idea of the doge concept and that VvE Grahama swimming and Elon Musk might actually get something accomplished along those lines.
Speaker 16: Well, Donald Trump showed us what a businessman and the White House can do round one and it was a good thing. And I think the more of that mindset we have is good. And you know, the Democrats won't won't necessarily agree with this, but it's the Donald Trumps and these kind of individuals that should encourage a lot of the non political kind of people to have hope that we can have people step off the sidelines that have that business mentality that can lead our country and get away from this career politician mindset. And I think the more of that we had, the better off will be as a country, because you know, it's a matter of, hey, I'm here for you know, four years, I've got to fix this this and this limited time. Let me get it done and move on instead of trying to figure out How'm gonna win the next election. That kind of stuff never has served us well. And we've see that, you know, year after year, decade after decade. All I got to do is look at the presidential you know, talking points that they have about in for the last twenty years. Are you talking about the same thing? Brian drives us crazy because they've not solved a single problem. So let's get people off the sidelines.
Speaker 1: You can amen to that. Let's pause. We'll bring back iHeartMedia av Action expert Jay ratt Love to talk about some aviation. Eight thirty nine fifty five Carosend Talk Station. Right Time was with iHeartMedia av Action expert jay or Ratlif enjoying a little bit of Vince Giraldi on the pianos. We had a a segment to talk about airlines and now they've got to provide protections for passengers traveling with disabilities what's the backstory and the current reality now, Jay Rattliffe.
Speaker 16: Well, I'm glad to see it's being done. Long overdue. Again, we had the Biden administration, Pete Buddhacheg going after airlines. I'm glad saying, look, a lot of passengers traveling with disabilities have really had issues over the last several years and it has to stop. And they're putting forth through the Department of Transportations some very specific guidelines and training requirements telling people you're gonna do a better job at this or you're gonna face considerable fines. A lot of people that can't walk, that are in a wheelchair, they can't make it back to their seat. Say they're seat in row twelve, So we use an aisle chair that's a very narrow chair. We put them on with wheels that we can wheel them back, help them get in their seat, and then wheel them back up to the front of the aircraft where their wheelchair is standing. By many times, even though airlines have hours of notification, don't want to passenger traveling with this type of situation is going to arrive. There's times the airlines don't have those aislechairs standing by at the gate, so that means that the flight's landed, everybody gets off the plane, you have this person that's left with the flight attendants who are anxious to get to their next flight, and they're trying to figure out how to get this individual off. There have been times that these people have gotten in the floor and crawled to the front of the airplane to get to their wheelchair so they can get to their next flight. And when you're talking about that kind of a situation, I'm sorry, that's wrong on so many levels, and it's happened too many times. Plus one out of every four wheelchairs is either damaged, loss or destroyed, and airlines need to be doing a better job on that. So yeah, it's long past time for the airlines to be held accountable on this, and I'm glad to see it's taking place.
Speaker 1: Now in terms of the mandates and edicts on this. Obviously they need to have these wheelchairs readily available, But insofar as I guess, like seating assignments, I mean, are they obligated to put the disabled person maybe closer to the front of the plane, or I mean, how does all that work? Because I mean, my mind is racing through a multitude of disabilities that exists in the world and trying to figure out how in God's name an airline can even manage the number of people with disabilities, regardless of whether or not they're treating them properly.
Speaker 16: Or not well, most of it just having their equipment standing by when it's needed. That's the biggest issue, because a lot of times they don't have the wheelchair standing by, or someone gets to their destination and they're supposed to have a specific wheelchair that is designed just for them, and instead they bring up this wheelchair that's in the airport that's too small, uncomfortable to sit in, and sometimes on a delayed flight, these individuals are forced to sit in this chair that causes them physical pain for two or three or four hours on a delayed flight, when in essence, they should have access to their own wheelchair if at all possible. And a lot of these are not really requirements that are out of the realm of you know, should be unreasonable for the airlines. They should be doing this as a priority, but sadly, the wheelchairs never seem to get the priority, which is really the problem. Now I can tell you from a seating standpoint, we would always try to keep anyone with this type of a situation is close to the front of the aircraft as we could, just to make it easier for them to get to and then get away from as well. And it's difficult many times when airlines are faced with you know, fewer agents at the gate, so you're understaffed already the airplane. Many times you've got a lot of pressure to get that bad boy out on time, so you have all of these additional challenges for this overworked gate agent where they all with the flight attendants have got to try to make some things happen. And you know, sadly we've seen flights delayed considerably because airlines haven't done many times the pre planning they need. Sometimes it's an equipment issue where they've got to have more of these aisle chairs and other things at the airport to make things easier for the airlines to do their job. But the DOTS made it clear that the wheelchair passengers have not been the priority over the years and that has to change, and it has to change immediately.
Speaker 1: Well, you know me, my litigation will start spinning. I'm just wondering, Okay, somebody's got their own wheelchair, obviously far more comfortable, at least presumably because I've seen those aisle wheelchairs as things very I mean, the aisle is not even very big for a regular person who's able bodied moving them from their chair into the other chair. It sounds to me like there's an opportunity there to do some damage or harm them or otherwise, you know, maybe exacerbate one of the reasons they're disabled in the first place. I would I mean, I wouldn't want to touch it with a ten foot pall moving someone into one of those tiny chairs. Are they do they have any liability issues in connection with that?
Speaker 16: Mostly no, And most of the time the passenger is okay with it. They've used them before, because many times you're only taking them ten or twelve feet to get them from their seat up to the front to where their wheelchair standing bike. They were never designed for any long term being seated in those types of things, And what happens is they're put in a wheelchair and you know, take into their next departure and hopefully that flight's on time and the eye chair is again used to get them on the plane and go from there. So the issue has been Look, there were years that those aisle chairs we used to have to carry people up and down the steps to get them onto an airplane.
Speaker 1: Geez, you talk about yeah, O, my god.
Speaker 16: About times when you were especially depending on you know which end of the you know, you were carrying him at the top or bottom. And those things are not designed for that. So teeter back and forth, and you you talk about prayer life, you better have it carrying people up and down the steps on one of.
Speaker 1: Those bad boys. Amen. I'm man, my mind is racing on that one as well. We'll pause right now at eight forty five. Got a couple more things talk about with Jay rat Leff. We'll do that after these brief words. Fifty five KRC. I'm Congressman Warren David Hey forty nine ive KARSD Talk Station. Tune in for tomorrow's Christmas special featuring Rob Ryder on guitar and vocals if his vocals can handle it. And in the meantime, we're enjoying one more segment here with I heard media aviation expert Jay Rattle, at least I am. I don't care if anybody else doesn't enjoy it, Jay, although I know they do. I love talking. We did, my dear friend, and so let us move over to the danger of lithium batteries. Had a story yesterday, and the stack is stupid. Was kind of funny. Story was well, it was funny in part. He had these lithium battery shoe warmers. All right, So he's out, he's out putting his his ice fishing hut up on the lake and and the lithium batteries basically blew up, and he got second and third degree burns. And I set it out loud to go, oh geez. I got my wife these little battery operated handwarmers because she goes out and runs out with a dog and she gets called really, really easily, all right, so she'll she'll use these things even when it's like forty degrees out and they work great. They get nice and toasty warm. And I figured, you know, probably a lot safer than the old Zippo version of the you know, they put the lighter fluid in and uh, the old school handwarmer. Oh, and I've got one of those too, But would you rather have a flame in your pocket or you know, a battery? And so I got her a couple of those, and she's been using them. So she heard me tell this story, and now she won't use them anymokus he's afraid they're gonna blow up in her pocket. But that's the problem. Yeah, yeah, so, but that that's battery.
Speaker 16: There a problem, Brian, and it's something that you hear all the time at the airport, and passengers are told at the gates, especially if they're going to be checking a carry on bag. If we're going to take your bag, please make sure that you do not have a laptop in your check bag or a tablet, electronic device, anything with the lithium battery, which, as you mentioned, could be I mean, it can be electric toothbrush. The problem is some of these things are igniting. And the alarming thing is we're seeing lithium batteries on flights right now in the United States twice a week.
Speaker 1: Oh now in the cabin when the cabin.
Speaker 16: Now, the problem is if any of these fires erupt in the cargo compartment that we cannot access during a flight, Lithium batteries burn at such a high temperature that many times the fire suppression systems that we have inside commercial cargo jets a cargo I'm sorry, the cargo compartment of commercial jets can burn so hot that it makes it difficult for the fire suppression systems to put them out, which is why it is incredibly dangerous for us to have any lithium battery device in a piece of check luggage. And the FAA did a survey and they had passengers that were quickly admitting, yeah, one out of every four passengers admits to packing these lithium batteries in their check bags and think nothing of it. And the thought is that could kill you and everybody on the plane, so don't do it. And I don't understand the thought process of why. I understand people forget because if they forget, they have a firearm in their carry on bags. So I understand sometimes when they don't associate a lithium battery type of thing, but it's something that has gotten to the point where it's so bad. It's like, do we ban all lithium batteries from airlines? And obviously we can't do that because it's a part of so many things in our life, but we've got to do a better job because we're having too many of these situations happen. And all you've got to do is go to YouTube and check out these lithium fires where backpacks burst into flames, and you have different things happen where they suddenly overheat and boom. It's an immediate problem. Imagine if you're at a flight at thirty five thousand feet in something like this happens in the cabin area, which flight attendants are trained to put out, or more dangerously, if it happens in a piece of check luggage that you can't access.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean, go ahead, give us one more reason not to want to fly.
Speaker 16: Well, I mean yeah, I was about to say, enjoy your holiday plays everybody, but no, it's it's just something that you know, we're used to people not reading signs at airports. They don't listen to announcements. I mean, people's brains are elsewhere, And I totally get it, and I understand, But when it comes to a matter of safety like this, I wonder, you know, do we need to do a better job in the you know, the TSA line.
Speaker 3: You know, we've got people.
Speaker 16: There for five, ten, fifteen, twenty thirty minutes, and I mean putting up videos that show these lithium battery things catching on fire, just to remind people, Hey, make sure you don't have one of these in your you know, piece of check luggage. If you do, notify the airlines so that they can take care of it. But Brian, it's it's something that we're seeing happen more and more often, and as a result, it becomes more and more of a problem, and it represents a huge safety issue. And you know, we're enjoying the safest there ever of commercial jet travel. We don't want something to happen from a strategy standpoint that's preventable, and it certainly is now. Obviously when the bags are screened, if something's caught, the airlines can can you know, can work with TSA and they can get that, you know, the threat removed. But a lot of times it's not caught, they go through and represent a danger to the flight.
Speaker 1: Jeeze, Louise, I'm just thinking this is probably I mean, you said one in four people will admit to it. I bet it's a lot higher than that. A vape thing. I mean, there's a multitude of lithium battery charged items or battery items out there.
Speaker 16: And some people don't know that that device is powered by LITIU battery. They think it's something else, you know, And I get that too, because we're all not lithium battery x firts as far as you know, power plants on these different devices we have. But you know, we've got to do a better job because the numbers are escalating, and it's just it's it's getting more. I mean, we had a flight, I believe in San Francisco where we had passengers injured when a Lyssian battery device overheated and they had to have an emergency evacuation of a plane that was at the gate as it caught on fire and smoke filled the cabin. So you know, these things happen, and it's right now we're just talking about them as things that happened during the normal course of whatever, and it's just, you know, a needed reminder for anybody that's lying, please make sure you take an extra moment to make sure if you've got a Lissian battery device and you can carry.
Speaker 1: It on board with you, please do so. Just please keep it out of your check luggage, no doubt about it. Real quick hub delays. How's it looking out there for air travel today.
Speaker 16: Jay, Minneapolis, A lot of snow, a lot of wind, a lot of delays other than that rest of the country, and very good shape today.
Speaker 1: Wonderful news. I hope you and your better half have a very merry Christmas and happy New Year. My last day for of the years, so I'll look forward to hitting the ground running after the first of the year and enjoy more conversation with you in twenty twenty five, my friend, I enjoy your time off with my friend. Thank you. Thanks brother. Eight fifty five fifty five KCD talk station. Great conversation with George Brennman and Restore Liberty dot Us. We talked, I had a whole host of topics politics and also health. Roger King and studio Heart for Seniors Foundation. I made a contribution that is an amazing thing they're doing to help avoid the multitude of problems the seniors face in senior living facilities. You just got to listen to here about it and go to Heart number four Seniors dot Org.