Speaker 1: And here we go with the Minnesota Goodbye. Kind of a fun email to start it off, and says, don't say my name, but I'm not sure why, But here we go right and in to say I love the podcast. I listen to it every day on my way home from work. I wonder what it's like when you realize that the morning show is reading your Minnesota Goodbye email. It's like, does it take a second to recognize.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my gosh, that's me.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll recognize this if you wrote it. Now here is some content for you. You are in charge of creating your own summer music festival. Which four artists or bands would be in the lineup? Now, they can be dead or alive. For example, my concert opener would be the young version of Justin Bieber. Now I like that because it's not Justin Bieber at thirty or thirty two. It's Justin Bieber at like fourteen, followed with one direction credence clear Water Revival, and the headliner would be the old one and only Kelly Clarkson. Also, you can have two food vendors at your summer concert festival. What are the two food vendors that people will be lined up to eat tacos, minie donuts, eros burgers, barbecue, ice cream, popcorn, et cetera. Remember these are vendors that you should be your must haves at festivals. Don't think about what other people would want. Hope this give you something to talk about. Love you, guys, and I won't say your name. It's an odd request because you didn't divulge any personal information. But maybe they just don't want to, so we respect that. Jenny, You're going first, give me your four And here's a rule on this one. You can change your mind, so if later you go, oh, I say that one, so don't think too hard about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: First would be the headliner would hands down be Spice Girls, just because that was my generation and it's a group. I would love to see you someday in my life, but it probably will never happen. Next, we're going to go with some EDM kind of style band because it's a music festival in the summer and that's just my vibe, So I'd go Diplo. Next, I would go my favorite artist, which is probably The Weekend currently, even though after that one show he was on, I kind of like don't feel like I like him as much anymore. That weird HBO show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And my last I'm going to go old school a little bit and have deaf Leppard there, but like the prime current deaf Leppard. So those would be my four. And as far as food goes, I would have a tackle truck and then I would have an ice cream truck because you got to have something cold or sweet or something and I love ice cream.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bailey, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I have these two bands that I really liked in middle school. They're British. They're called Busted and McFly. They would definitely be playing there. I saw Busted when I went to London last year, and I've never seen McFly and I would love to. I would die if I saw them. That would be great. Then Chapel Roan obviously I love her so much and I've never seen her live. And then Elvis would be my main my main stage show. Would be great to see him do anything for food. Also street tacos and like a boba, like a Boba tea one because we're gonna be thirsty when we're eating our street tacos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm having more trouble with food than I am the axe. My acts are pretty easy. I have Kiss the Beatles, cold Play, and Duran Duran, And if I thought about it harder, I'd probably come up with somebody New, somebody else. But that's what I got for now. But the food truck part is harder for me. I do like your idea Bobo te because that sounds good, it's fun, it's got the little things on the I really like those. But as far as the other food, pizza is not a festival food. It's really not. So I'm going to say an Asian place like Asian you know whatever was Yeah, one tons, egg rolls, Yeah, chicken wings, that.
Speaker 2: Type of things. I like that one, Thank you my festival existed.
Speaker 1: That was fun. Next one, I like this one too. Greetings, and we can actually use this one on the show, so I might forward it to you. Yesterday's podcast, Dave was stayed in his Apple. Dave was dayed in his Apple Towards this time of the year, I'm right there with you. So I bought a monthly bucket list calendar to do more things that bring simple joy to me in my space. I bought one on TikTok shop for five bucks. Here are the items for January in case you or any listeners want to partake as well, in no particular order. Learn to fold a paper crane hmmm, okay, fine. Make a suncatcher. That's that thing that hangs in the window. Or is that a DreamCatcher. No, a suncatcher is like a crystally lash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be nice because then the light from outside, would you know. Make dancy rainbows on your walls.
Speaker 1: Right yeah. Tidy your room for the new year. Make a fort with blankets okay, fun frame some of last year's photographs. Make a star garland, grow a new houseplant, reread a favorite book. These are all things to bring you a little bit of joy during the month in January. Take a brisk morning walk, make clay fridge magnets, send someone a handwritten letter. Thrift a new mug or old cup. That means go to the thrift store and.
Speaker 2: Get an old mug, but it will get something different.
Speaker 1: Gift flowers to yourself. Start a my Favorite Part of Today journal, and fill your home with cozy lights. While yes, some items on the list are juvenile, when did we get so serious as a society? My Saturday plans with my husband, and this is tomorrow is to pick up a new house plant thrift, a mug and build a fort in our living room while watching to us a new to Us indie psychological thriller. Sometimes the happiest moments in life are simplistic and childlike. I hope this Lives gives somebody a little joy in the monotony and gray cheers from Kayley. Kayley, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: We should maybe talk about that on Monday as well, because I really like that. When I'm going to forward it to Jenny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like that she's doing She's tackling more than one at any given time.
Speaker 3: So that's actually like for one month, a lot of good ideas. Yeah, every month, right that she gets new ones for it sounds like.
Speaker 1: It, yeah, yeah, and yeah it says that was January suggestions.
Speaker 2: That's like doing an activity every day that we talked about yesterday, like you got to do an activity to make your mundane life not so mundane.
Speaker 1: I got out my ukulele yesterday and I played for probably an hour, and it really was I just really enjoyed it, because when you're playing the ukulele or whatever, you get really mentally involved in all your other troubles kind of fall away. You don't think about.
Speaker 2: Right because you're focused on that one thing.
Speaker 1: I've noticed the same thing with jigsaw puzzles. Back during the pandemic, everybody did jigsaw puzzles. And the thing I noticed about puzzles is while you're doing them, it's hard to think of all the crap that's.
Speaker 2: Going on in your life because you're busy trying to think about which piece goes well.
Speaker 1: You're a different part of your brain is working. Good morning. This is genuine curiosity. I understand that you have to drop callers that swear when they are on the air. I've also noticed occasionally a swear word comes out when you guys tell a story and it's not bleeped. Why is that? Do you have to drop people because they're trying not to encourage you're trying not to encourage swearing or are there weird rules you guys have about swearing versus callers. I'm not shaming because I don't care about swearing. It's just something I noticed. I'm curious to know why, Jenny, do you want to take this one?
Speaker 3: Well, we are allowed to swear and say bitch and ass on the radio. We can't say ass whole though. We definitely can't say shit, fuck anything like that. So if a lot of times shit is the one that comes out from listeners, that is not allowed, we have to drop that. We are allowed to say a few different ones, and a listener could say ass or bitch too if they really wanted to, we wouldn't drop that. But if we accidentally like sort of slip and be like, well, I don't give a foot and it sounds like we're saying fuck, it's not really like, I don't know, droppable. I think we can kind of get away with it because it's happened to all of us before we start saying something and the full word doesn't come out. But also, if you're listening on the iHeart app, you're gonna hear it in live time. It doesn't drop on the iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Right, there's no drop button on the iHeart app, and it's different, and the reason is because it's not over the public airwaves. The iHeart app is something that you purposely deliberately download and listen to, so it's not controlled by the FCC. That's why we can swear on the Minnesota goodbye because it's not over the air. But we can't say you know, fuck or shit or whatever on the radio because that's over the public airways and there's like decency laws blah blah blah. But on the podcast, you can, you know.
Speaker 2: Do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. Next one from Liz. Liz is a frequent contributor and supporter of the show Morning All Happy New Year. Wanted to write in when Dave asked about bad flights because we were talking about bad flights. It came up on the show yesterday, I think ye. I was flying into Poland to meet my husband and it was really foggy, similar to what we had the last few days. My pilot said, I'm going to see if I can land because a couple of other planes were able to get in. Fog can be a problem because if there has to be they call them minimums. So if it's like a two miles visibility in fog, that's probably okay. But sometimes fog can be so thick that it's like, you know, a two hundred yard visibility. Oh, then you really can't land.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they said they heard some other planes were able to get in and said we're going to see if we can do it. If not, we're going to do a go around, and not to worry. Anyway. We did the go around and holding pattern for a few loops and we couldn't get in, so we had to bust. So we had to fly to another airport and buses to the airport. They said the pilot was great and calming. The fog was so thick when we got to the airport we could barely see the lights at the airport, So that would be kind of a scary thing. But today airplanes are like modern airplanes. They can land in almost anything, but they've got to get down low enough so they can see the runway. So you got to get down to a point where you can see the runway, and if they don't, they call it a mist approach or a go around. So sometimes this happened. It scares the shit out of people. You're about to land. Yeah, you hear the planes revving down, the engines revving down, and you're about to touch down. All of a sudden, they gun it. Your head goes back in your seat and they're taking off again, and it's called to go around, and they do that for many reasons. There could be something as simple as a deer on the runway. There could be another plane that hasn't quite cleared the runway, or it could be just like, okay, it's too foggy, we can't land. Yeah, So if that ever happens to you, don't panic. It doesn't mean anything. It's actually a good thing because the pilot has shown good judgment and going around rather than risk hitting the deer or the other end.
Speaker 2: Just assume that there were villains on the runway and that they were kin to come and get up. Yeah, villains, So that's why they had to quick quick back in the air.
Speaker 1: No, he here's a funny one. Don't use my name. I was listening to an old Minnesota Goodbye. You're talking about Booty Cruise and how you used to post pictures to the website after and I just had to share a story. And so here is the story. Many years ago, I worked with the staff of about fifteen people. The day before Booty Cruise, one of my evening staffs said, Hey, can I get tomorrow off because I won Booty Cruise tickets. I said, God, it's kind of last minute, so you only can get it off if you find somebody to cover your shift. She couldn't find anybody, so I said, well, you can't find anybody, you got to come to work the next day. The next day comes and guess who calls in saying she's super sick. Our evening shift had minimal staffing already, so how about somebody call in sick got the entire team behind on their work. I spoke to HR. There wasn't much we could do to prove that she wasn't sick, so it seemed to like a dead issue. Friday morning comes and I'm listening to the Dave Ryan Show about how great Booty Cruise was, and there's pictures posted on the website. Sitting at my desk, I decided to scroll through the Booty Cruise photos and what do I find? A picture of my sick employee flashing the camera roun. Yeah, girl, you would blurred out the naughty bits, but there was no mistaking it was her. We couldn't believe that she'd done something so blatantly stupid, but she was clearly drunk and probably wasn't even thinking. That's all we needed. The picture was sent to HR and she was fired for lying about being sick. That's the first time I've ever heard about somebody getting fired for lying about being not going to work for Booty Cruise.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: That is my only Booty Cruise memory because I never attended. But thank you providing the evidence we needed to get rid of somebody who honestly was a crap employee to start with. Love y'all so much. If there's any staff Rider stickers, I'd love to add one to my mini fridge. Yes, I still have a sticker collection as an adult. I appreciate you keeping me entertained every single day. Thank you, and I won't say your name. It's funny because when people would board Booty Cruise, they had to sign a release that's say, hey, we might take your picture and it might end up on our website, and people would gladly sign it because they were thinking, well, I'm not going to do anything stupid or embarrassing, and then almost invariably, the next morning, we would post a picture of somebody who's like, oh God, I'm a kindergarten teacher and you got a picture of me on his tripper's lap. Can you take it down? Nope, Well we know we would.
Speaker 2: I'm like, technically you signed something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know, but at the same time, it's like, you know what, you went out to have fun, you did something stupid, let's take it down. Yeah, so that was very common. I miss Booty Cruise, but I don't and I miss it. I think I miss it more than don't miss it. But I think one of the things I love about Booty Cruise is the i'll say cultural impact because it was such a huge thing with KTWB. We did it at the one point three times a summer and people loved it and they would pack the boat and I think it gave so many people so many fun memories over the fifteen years or so that we did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was fun. I went on it three times.
Speaker 1: Tell me about your Booty Cruise experience.
Speaker 2: Well, one of them I don't really remember. I don't know why, just because it wasn't memorable. One I went with my friend Katie Cap and Jamie and we had I don't know, good time. We just were kind of hanging out. And then once I went with my mom and I got super intoxicated and all I remember from that evening is on drive home I had to tell her to pull over on the side of the highway so I could throw up. So that was so fun. I just remember the strippers were ugly. There was like always one hot hot stripper, so all of the women were just on that one hot stripper. The food was meat balls, that's what I remember. I remember one time asking Steve to buy me a drink and he said yes, handed it to me and then turned away, So.
Speaker 1: Oh, really, yeah, okay, he bought you a drink then turned away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he's like, okay, here you go, and then started talking to some other people. So I was like, okay, bye, but he bought me a drink. So that was my only Steve interaction. Okay, I think I talked to you a couple of times, but likely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've got so many memories of Booty Cruise. I've told the stories so many times that I won't bore you with them again. But I think the one where I tried to break up a fight was a good one.
Speaker 2: Did you get punched?
Speaker 1: I somehow got struck. I don't know if I got punched, but I definitely got struck.
Speaker 2: I was struck.
Speaker 1: And then there was one that was there was the girls would so the guys there's no guys allowed on Booty Cruise, so the guys would pull up in their bass boats next to the boat because the women would flash the guys from the top decks of the booty cruise. And then there was one guy who pulled down his pants and almost like out of a movie, as soon as he pulled his pants, here comes the share of like Washington County sheriff patrol on a boat with their lights flashing. And I felt bad for the guy because he was just having fun and doing what the women did basically, and he had to sit there while everybody on the boat laughed at him while they got sided.
Speaker 2: Poor guy.
Speaker 3: Those sheriffs were waiting. They just knew something bad could happen if they knew Booty Cruise was all.
Speaker 1: They had their They had like extra patrols out for Booty Cruise.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of Booty Cruise stories. But anyway, that's all the time we have for the Minnesota Goodbye today. That was fun. Send more emails. We love your emails, that's the heart of the show. Send them to Ryan's show at KADWB dot com.