Speaker 1: Step into a journey where every step is packed with purpose, insight, and empowerment. This is Walk with Wisdom with your host, Genevieve Wisdom. Walk with Wisdom is a dynamic podcast series designed for men and women forty and over who are ready to embrace their best years. Yet life at this stage isn't about slowing down, It's about leveling up. Each episode is a walkthrough guide to mastering life's transitions, rediscovering passions, and thriving physically, mentally and emotionally. We bring you expert advice, real life stories, and actionable strategies to help you strive confidently into a future of vitality and fulfillment. So now please welcome the host of Walk with Wisdom, Genevieve Wisdom.
Speaker 2: Hello again everyone, I'm Genevieve Wisdom and welcome to Walk with Wisdom, a lifestyle show on youthful aging, which is looking good and feeling amazing as you age while doing so with perseverance, fun and e zestin zeal for life. Thank you all again for joining us. Can you imagine we've been doing this for seven weeks. We've been walking, You've been getting to know me. Thank you for your comments on the live please don't forget to do so. Thank you for your emails to go deeper, and we are going to go deeper today with the amazing Gary who was here last week, and we also have Bruce at the end to help us just wrap everything up that we talked about today.
Speaker 3: Now, don't forget.
Speaker 2: We're streaming live on YouTube, We're on Facebook, we're on LinkedIn, and we're on all the audio platforms everywhere, so Spotify, Apple Podcasts, remember to give the thumbs up and like us because, as you know, that's how we get to walk longer and further and share everything we're learning today with everyone that we know and love.
Speaker 3: So without further ado, let's welcome back Gary. Hi Gary, Hey.
Speaker 4: Genevieve, how are you lovely to be again?
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, I'm doing amazing And Gary, is something you may not have known with our followers and we have many already. Again, thank you all so much. Is I tell everyone that this podcast is about life and life happens, and if they're looking for perfection, it's not well here because life isn't perfect. And something I threw you last week was, hey, Gary, we have so much to talk about. Could you come back, and I think I did it in the show, So thank you for agreeing to come back.
Speaker 4: I needed to walk a little further with wisdom.
Speaker 2: Only Grey can say like that. Everyone, well great, So what we're gonna do today is we're going to continue on what we started. So one thing that I told or valued audience when I had Bruce of course introducing menopause. Menopause, we're just really doing life, and that's really something that is just so out there right now. And then Bruce introduced, of course the gut connection, the liver connection, and you were so amazing to come on and explain to us about what nutraceuticals are, the difference between regular vitamin and one that we talk about here which is studied in research. So everyone, if you didn't catch the last shows, please go back.
Speaker 3: Last week it was.
Speaker 2: Gary and I talking about nutraceuticals and specifically the designs for health brand, which I know as a coach and counselor and consultant like Bruce, we've used so successful in our practices or private practices.
Speaker 3: But also when.
Speaker 2: You know, we're greeting people in a pharmacy environment, so we know it and we know the research. So Gary let's just jump right into the questions and we're going to build on this. So we started out with gut this week, we're going to continue with gut. And I like headings, Sorry, Gary, I like headings. So my heading on this question is gut instincts. And I had a question about are we healing or hurting or gut or microbiome without knowing? And basically what that means is you as really you're a scientific advisor because you teach us the science behind.
Speaker 3: Your products.
Speaker 2: What have you seen is the biggest mistakes that people make when trying to heal their guts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's such an interesting question. And again there's lots of ways that I feel people make mistakes or you know, in everyday life, everybody is an expert, and I feel that, you know, generally everybody will have an opinion on how to get better. You know, you might complain about gas bloating, you know, like acid reflux, that type of thing, and everyone like, oh, you should try this, you should use this, talk to my doctor. He So I feel that the best way, first and foremost is to not expect quick results, you know, like just be patient, you know. Thinking about I always say, like think about how long it took you to get to this point with your gut health, you know, the problems, how long have you had the problems? So if generally these have been building for years and years and you might have thought it was a disturbance or a symptom, but it didn't, it's got to a certain point where you're now like this is a fact in my life. So it's really about you know, thinking that gut healing can take time. So if it's taken years to get to this point, please do not think that it's an overnight cure or basically whatever you're going to start with. I also think using it like a one size fits all approach is not conducive you know, to get in better either. So what works for you, Genevieve, or works for Bruce may not work for me. But all those little tidbits of information can definitely help us get, you know, the information that we need to improve our health, our gut health one percent ignoring gut like fiber and take over using antibiotics like that. That's huge. And again, I like, I was that person what I call the person on the street that didn't really know a lot about supplements or healthcare maybe in general. And so most people feel, you know, like I need an antibiotic, and the doctor you know, will give them an antibiotic, but they don't get any advice on taking probiotics alongside a probiotic or or antibiotic or once you're finished, you know, thinking, you know about talking to a professional, and that would be another thing. One of the mistakes is skipping professional help, you know, so talking to your doctor healthcare practitioner. And again I told you there's a lot of answers to this one. Neglecting, neglecting like lifestyle factors, so diet and exercise. If you ignore those, again, that isn't going to be conducive, you know, to get your gut healthy. Thinking about food sensitivities, Gluten dairy are two of probably the most common ones, but there's also so many sensitivities you know, strawberries and different nuts and things, you know, so we have to be very very conscious. I think of some of those ingredients that you probably know already that when you eat something that you love and you get you know, you've bloat. Your stomach goes one time, two times, three times the size, sometimes a lot more, or you get wind, you get gas, your stomach fills up with there that's not normal. That's something you need to address. And that's again what I call the person on the street sometimes, Oh that's just me, That's just how I'm made, And I'm like, no, that's actually a symptom that you should address. And again, as a supplement rep, I would say, relying solely on supplements is not necessarily the answer either. So I have to be very straightforward and honest about all the different pieces. You know that the mistakes that people will make, you know, so a lot of things to consider, a lot of.
Speaker 2: Things to consider. Thank you so much, Gary, and you know everyone, like Gary said, of course, work with your primary care practitioner. And how we come in is we have the time to coach you, counsel you. Bruce and I certainly along this journey which is that walk. And Gary, I'm going to pick out something that you said, which is to be patient. I know, especially we're talking in the context of the show being for people forty and over. However, we talked to the generation before. Because there's a preventative side to gut health, isn't there. Maybe Garrett, have you talked to that if there were a couple of nutraceutical supplements. What would it be for prevention of that bloating, et cetera. What is something that you see that works in general? We're talking in generalities here.
Speaker 4: Yep, definitely, I would say jump into probiotics, you know for sure. Digestive enzymes is another one. And like if you and everybody listened to last week's podcast, I talked about el glutamine and how amazing you know a product like an anti inflammatory product. I find the el gludamine to be and I always say it's cheap and cheerful, but it works.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's it's in still many formulas at different dosages, but it's in there for an important reason. And that's why regardless of what company you're buying your newtceuticals from, you'll find that elder ludamine typically is one of the key ingredients, usually the first one, so the highest dose ingredient on a sort of gut inflammation formula. So really we're looking at the program excuse me, probiotics to help with like improve digestion. So you think of those, and again for people that don't know digestive enzymes, it would be a product that you tend to take just prior to eating, or some people will have a couple of mouthfuls and then take them. But it's really to help. You know, there's different enzymes in there for a different reason. Some will break down protein, some will break down like carbohydrates, some will break down fat. So they're there to aid digestion, also to reduce digestive symptoms, and they will support gut health as well. So when you're thinking of you know, if you're passing, you know, food that's undigested in your stool, it's not broken down, so you're not really getting the you know, the full nutrient value you know from the food that you're putting in, so you can eat as well as you want, but if it's not being broken down, and that's where you know, digestive enzymes will will really help. And probiotics as well. You know, again the body these will help in one hundred different ways, you know, from an antiometry breakdown foods, to you know, just helping the gut heal. So again with probiotics, it's sometimes very beneficial to talk to a pharmacist, a nutritionist, the dietician, you know, like somebody that will listen to your symptoms and guide you to the probiotic that will be that will have usually multiple strains, but a grouping of strains that is going to help you in that moment. And we talk about switching up your probiotic from time to time, so you know, if you find one that works for you, you know you do, you might want to change it every three months, switch it to a different one and go back then three months later, you know, to the other one.
Speaker 2: Jump in here, Gary, if I may about that. So about switching probiotics, this is what someone said to me, and Gary, something I said before you came on is I have had a plethora of incredible people train me, and their wisdom makes my last name look good.
Speaker 3: And you're one of those people, by the way.
Speaker 2: But when it comes probiotics, one of the wise men. Sometimes it's a wise woman. In this case it was a wise man. It was a pharmacist. And he said, imagine going to the gym. You're wanting to build your bicep, and you go and you just do curls like this, and you just keep doing little girls, and you go back week after week, month after month. Eventually it's gonna plateau. And I learned that that is the same thing. That's how I talk to our coaching customer client base is to explain that the probiotics will plateau, which is why we suggest you change it up. What do you think about that analogy, Gary.
Speaker 4: I think that I couldn't have come up with a better one, So.
Speaker 3: You're good to me.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I learned well, I remember things like that, So it's it's nice to make a simple analogy because people get it and we'll stick with them and when they're going to repurchase, you know, a probiotic, is it time for me to make a switch? You know?
Speaker 3: So absolutely now.
Speaker 2: On that I'm gonna ask you. So there is a rule of thumb or a guideline, give your nutraceutical three months and then you know, I mean, it's very general. And by the way, before I continue, everyone, if you want to go deeper and find out where you can get these products, Gary has been phenomenal. I can actually refer these products to you. You can get actually fifteen percent off for being on our show. I know on the comments you were asking about that last week, so I'm.
Speaker 3: Able to do that.
Speaker 2: So make sure you email Wisdom at walkwth Wisdom dot ca. Dan, if you could put that up just so everyone could see it, please, And it's wisdom at walkwith wisdom dot ca and with with the fifteen percent discount on the DFH products like the probiotics, the elgludamine, the digestivens. I'm everything that Gary has talked about here with gut out. You can get Bruce and I or just Bruce or just me, and we can coach and counsel on you specific issue. Like Gary said, it's not a one size fits all, so we try to help you figure out what's.
Speaker 3: Going on with you. So thank you for letting me interject. Gary.
Speaker 2: I was going to say something else, but it's not because everybody knows I have a meno brain and we're going to talk about a meno brain sometime in the future.
Speaker 3: Lease go ahead, Gary.
Speaker 2: We have about thirty seconds to wrap up here and then have a break. Did you want to just wrap up a little bit on the gut.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I very quickly. Like my dad, I went back to Ireland a few years ago when he had he was he's in his eighties, really bad stomach pain and glutamins the powder that I brought him and within two days, his gut stomach had stopped hurting, he was able to eat again. Like he lost literally about twenty eight pounds in a very short space of time. Everyone's like, oh, how do I lose twenty No, you don't want to do it that way. Powder was such a simple remedy and he took it to his consultants at the hospital and was like, why did my son have to come home from Canada and bring me this? He said, white powder, but.
Speaker 3: Careful.
Speaker 4: So I just wanted to say, you know, like eld lunamine powder worth its weight in gold.
Speaker 2: So fantastic, fantastic, Thank you everyone. We're going to take a short break for our sponsors.
Speaker 5: M m.
Speaker 2: M hi everyone, Welcome back. Genevieve Wisdom on Walk with Wisdom, and I'm here with Gary. We're talking about nutraceuticals and he has an incredible brand called Designs for Health, which is studied. Research says what it does on the label bioavailable. All these names that you may have heard and not quite sure what it meant.
Speaker 3: Go back to our last week with.
Speaker 2: Gary and Bruce and I will do a little wrap up at the end of this. Thank you so much. Gary, that was such a great general intro, but very very foundational for all of us, especially as we get younger. I like to call it which is for those of us forty and over, but don't wait start early elglutamine, digestive enzyme, probiotics. It's for everyone now. I just want to point out to like share Gary was talking about, you know, helping his father. So there's so many people in our lives that could benefit from what we're talking about. Here, we're having a conversation. It's just light, it's general. It's not at the high level like you would with your primary care practitioner, but of course you go to them first and we chat about it here. Please send an email to Wisdom at walkwith Wisdom dot Ca. That's Wisdom at Walkwiwisdom dot Ca. And there we can share some of these supplements with you. I think Tan's just gonna pop it up for me there just so you can see it. We've asked for visuals, you know, as we're getting younger, we'd love to see. So thank you Wisdom at Walkwiwisdom dot Ca. Here I'm happy to share fifteen percent off the DFH products, whether you're in America or here in Canada.
Speaker 3: As well as Bruce.
Speaker 2: And I are there for fifteen minute complementary consultation on your digestive issue. So please don't hesitate. Send the emails. I love the emails. Bruce loves the emails. I share them with them. Thank you, Bruce, and we're gonna keep going, so Gary. Next thing that has to do with the menopause and menopausal symptoms. Menopausal symptoms, which is andropause, but instead of just hitting the symptoms, doing it foundationally so we actually make the change in the symptoms. Is now we're going to talk about the liver. So liver rescue or liver rec we touched on it last week. We're going to go deeper. So how can we tell it for livers struggling? And what does the role of people hear about milk thistle and nac or aneceteal systein just a general term in general terms about liver and liver supplementation. What have you used seen about struggling livers? What does it look like symptomatically?
Speaker 4: I think, first of all, like the liver obviously is a very organ and it's there for many essential functions. And I think most people you know think of the liver in some ways. But it does include you know, detoxifying for metabolism, digestion, So when it's struggling, it can definitely manifest through various symptoms. And I would say, you know that for me, the key signs to look for would definitely be like a yellowing of the skin, like you know, the jaundice that sometimes appears.
Speaker 2: Am I going to see the yellow in he knew I was going to say that, No it does. Yeah, oh no, I have some problems. No, you actually can see across the board on different hues, and you know it's almost a little bit grayish. You just don't have your same glow in your complexion. So that's just me Gary, please continue.
Speaker 4: It's important. So pain and swelling, so discomfort or swelling in the upper right side of the abdomen. Easy bruising would be another one you know to consider, So when you have an increased tendency to bruise, even things like itchy skin would be something you know to consider. Swelling and legs and ankles, lots of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue comes into it when you're looking. If people look, they should but you're stools. Sometimes it becomes a little white or chalky, or just general changes in color, and then confusion or memory issues. That's also another, you know, one where you have cognitive problems due to a tox and build up. Some additional signs would be like maybe low blood pressure or unusually low blood pressure that comes out of the blue, and then loss of balance or tremors difficultly maintaining balance or shaking. So there's a lot there. And as I said, you know, we're looking at deliver detoxifying. It's for metabolism, it's for digestion. So you might get one symptom, you might get several, you might you probably won't get all of them. But those are areas within, you know, the liver arena you know, to look out for.
Speaker 2: Right right now, I'm going to jump in here a moment, Gary, and thank you for that great and again again everyone, that's a great broad general.
Speaker 3: Group of symptoms.
Speaker 2: Now. I read this book and it was by a world renowned natural path here, and it was called called the Seven Liver Dwarfs, and it taught about the liver doing up to five hundred jobs, yes, people, up to five hundred jobs. Gary, And I was shocked and not you know, when we're younger, we beat up our liver. Not calling any names. Gary, Listen, you know we all do things that we don't know, but just in general, you know, we always go to excessive drinking.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't have to be that.
Speaker 2: Just metabolizing our food, what's in our air or water, what goes in through her skin or liver metabolizes it. So the liver does so many jobs. There's so many stress and strain, Garry, if you can tie that in, because the next place we're going is really in the terms of menopause menopause, If the liver is struggling and it has you know, you have some of these symptoms going on, how could that manifest for women, for instance, in menopausal symptom one or two, because there are several and for men one or two symptoms, I.
Speaker 4: Would definitely say, you know, like you know, when you're looking at menopause or perimenopause, you know, and moving into menopause, you know that the hormones are going crazy, and so there's other you know, the cognitive for memory issues or trying to keep you know, the brain aligned. So that's why I say, you know, with all of these symptoms, I mean it could come from lots of other areas, but the liver definitely, you know, like will help us focus, you know. But when it's more related to hormones and as a menopause, yeah, you see it in like again, swelling, you know, inflammation build up and you know that the body is not doing its job of detoxifying properly. And so it is generally a good idea to think about things like again, how many years has it taken, you know, to get to this point where you have, you know, the brainfall you you know, you have the night sweats, the hot flashes, et cetera. But to do a cleanse, for example, would would probably be very beneficial. Where you know, we talk about phase one and phase two. I always like, you know, we have a product called Amino Detox and that is a very gentle sort of pre Clans product. It sort of opens again to use an analogy. You know, if you think of a reservoir and all that water behind the big wall, that's all the toxins that have built up in your body, and that's what's caused a lot of confusion and just malaise and tiredness. And so during a cleanse, you know, you're literally breaking that reservoir wall down and that water will come flooding out. That's not a good thing to open. Let those floodmates open really fast. So a product like amino detox it opens, you know, it'll create a crack let's say, in that reservoir wall, and that water will like seep out. So you're letting the toxins flow much more gently. They're going to be excreted, and but it's done in a in a slower way, so that if those toxins just flood your body, you're going to be puking and just feeling awful headaches. The whole gap again, your mind's not going to be there. So like what would you say, you know, in terms of like menopause, what symptoms do you feel? The liver all them anything.
Speaker 3: Else, but primarily for me is really the weight gane.
Speaker 2: And so in general when I coaching counsel men and women, as we just said, the liver does up to five hundred jobs. But two main areas that people get is it breaks on our food and it breaks on our hormones.
Speaker 3: So now we're in this massive hormonal change.
Speaker 2: And it's just if your liver is super stagnant stress has fat, there's fatty liver, and I know you have many products like that we can use to help the liver take the fat out gently slowly, so we don't have those cleansing reactions. But I think one of the major things for this stage is the weight gain.
Speaker 3: Especially it has.
Speaker 2: A name Gary, it's called men no belly, and then for men there's a name too, it's called manobelly. But I think Bruce has another term. He'll tell us when we do the wrap up.
Speaker 4: Exactly, did you repeat spare tire?
Speaker 3: Yeah, spirits are exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: If I have a second, I'll just run through. Like things like milk thistle will really help. NAC or ncetyl system huge ingredient to look out for, and alpha loop acid. Those will be three key ingredients in any product, but generally like NAC typically will you buy that on its own like it's going to be in its own capsule. So it's a powerful antioxidant. It is a precursor to glutathion, and it plays a crucial role in liver health, like for detoxification, protection against liver damage. It reduces of stress, it supports arctually chronic liver conditions, and it enhances glutathion levels, so you could also take like a gluteothion soft gel tablet or like a lipozoone liquid. And then milk vessel. It's been around for centuries and used, you know as a herbal remedy. You'll find milk thistle in a lot of different formulas, not necessarily always on its own, but usually within a formula for liver detox protection again against liver damage, support for chronic liver conditions, and again an antioxidant, anti inflammatory. And the alphalapoic acid. Again you might find it as part of a formula supplement, but you will also find it like we have our own standalone alphalapoic acid and again antioxidant protection. It enhances the gluteifile levels, reduces inflammation, will support liver function, and it also helps with recycling other antioxidants. So three really good ingredients there for the liver. But again digestive enzymes will also help with the bile from the liver. You know. So that we want to just sort of focus I think in three key ones today.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and everyone you can see that there is the powerhouse of information, and that's why if you have any further questions, which I know you do. By the way, thank you all for the comments on the live. I know time is almost precious resource, so when you take time out of your day to be with us on the live, we really really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: And you know, thank you for sharing the link.
Speaker 2: But you can always catch this on all the other platforms, which are Apple Podcasts, Spotify, all the major networks, and please contact us directly. That's myself and Bruce at Wisdom at walkwi Wisdom dot cave.
Speaker 3: We wanted you were.
Speaker 2: Asking, and we wanted to also share with you many supplements that you can use. Well, when I say many a few supplements that you can use to start to help on the gut.
Speaker 3: Journey and the liver journey.
Speaker 2: So if I may, we're gonna pop it up right here the email it's Wisdom at Walkwithwisdom dot CA and there we can get the designs for health nutraceutical products fifteen percent off plus a fifteen minute consultation with Bruce. And I know that you've gotten to know us. I've had a lot of requests about your specific issue, whatever is going on with you, digestive wise, liver wise, and Gary of course has said that as well. Now, Gary, if you can believe it, we're coming to the end of our time already, and your time is so precious.
Speaker 3: I'm so grateful for it.
Speaker 2: In the thirty seconds we have before we take a break, I just wanted to say something dim.
Speaker 3: You mentioned DIM.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about it later when you're not here. Can you just give us a fifteen second intro to DIM and how that ties into what we're talking about here.
Speaker 4: You always put me on the spot and I'm like, there's a hundred different things to say, but yeah, DIM is one of those like die hard you know, like products you know on meal and female health. I think mostly you know, doctor, most females understand that that's something that you know they're definitely going to require. But for meal health too, you know, DIM is one of those ingredients that will always be very much needed. So yeah, I'm not was it in terms of hormones you were asking.
Speaker 2: Or in terms of hormones, So we're going to run with it on the hormone side, but you had mentioned it briefly last time you were here, and I just wanted you to give us like fifteen seconds out. Great DIMIs because I love it, and I'm going to talk to everyone about it, you know, afterwards. So just on your wrap up about DIM for us would be great.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I'm always struggling with this one. Yeah, well I think, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: You will.
Speaker 2: You introduced me to DIM and everyone. DIM is really great. What I use it for is all the xeno estrogens they call it, which is estrogens coming into the body from the outside. It helps us to balance those out, so what hormones can actually do the work that it needs to do without being plogged up with hormones that is coming in from the environment. So I will talk about it later. I put Gary on the spot. He did a great job. He mentioned it. Perry, thank you so much for coming. And is there anything that you just want to say about being on the show for us today?
Speaker 4: No, I just I really love the fact that you know, you have invited me along and it's been a joy to be part of it. And hopefully I'll get invited back again another time. So I think these are wonderful for people, you know, to to join and really get a sense of don't be scared about supplementation, don't be scared about you know, listening you know on health topics, but also don't be scared to ask questions because you mentioned at the very beginning about you know, perfection, and you know, I work with naturopathic doctors and acupuncturists, dietitians, nutritionness and is their health totally perfect one hundred percent not? You know, so everybody's just working you know GPS or you know surgeons, you know, like health is something that's evolving, and you know it's true sort of what we put into our bodies is so crucial. And I think most of us start realizing when we're at the forty fifty age sure that oh maybe I should pay more attention. So it's great that you have, you know, jumped on the podcasts and alarm you know this platform to be available. So thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you Gary, You've been fantastic. Everyone, Gary from Designs for Health with his Wisdom, We're going to take a break for sponsors.
Speaker 6: Every day thinking the bon bob.
Speaker 5: Yet the thing?
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 6: Thinking the bone bo yeah, and then of a thinking bo ye can do a.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, I'm Genevieve Wisdom. Welcome back to Walk with Wisdom podcast, a lifestyle show on youthful aging. We're talking about menopause, menopause, but the foundational things that changes those symptoms, which.
Speaker 3: Is gut and liver health.
Speaker 2: We had Gary earlier from Designs for Health, and now Bruce is back with me to help us do a wrap up on everything you heard.
Speaker 7: Hi, Bruce, Hey, Genevieve. How you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: Thank you everyone. You remember the great Bruce Pollock. He has come alongside me to lend his knowledge to my wisdom to help take the complicated.
Speaker 3: And make it simple.
Speaker 2: So Bruce, Gary said a lot today, and what we talked about last week was we are going to have different levels to help people get through this menopause menopause journey, and we talked about it being in four levels Mild, medium, hot, picante, and we're gonna start with mild because there's so much information that we need to give, so mild we're talking about gut and colon and health. Bruce mentioned probiotics, l gludamine, digestive enzymes. I would love to hear your wisdom and knowledge about how much that helps with gut health.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Gary didn't and actually I agree with every single one of the things he said. When it came to that his enzymes. They're really good. They have ox file in them. And where bi all becomes important is it breaks down the facts. If you think about putting your dish soap, you've got that of oil city on top of your dishwater. You add the dish soap and it breaks it up. If you picture that with bile with our fats in our body, and it gets injected just after the acid bass. So the food goes through the acid bath, drops into small colon smell and then the biole gets hit. It hits the bial to break it down as well. Rate in that same area is where the enzymes come from the pancreas. So these are both really important things. And if you don't have enough bile, which is common by the way, or you have a blockage and just a little bit is coming through, then the extra bile in this enzyme really helps. But the bile itself is actually full of is full of cholesterol, So the liver takes cholesterol's other body puts into the bio puts the biol into the gall bladder, and then the gall bladder injects it into the body when it needs to break down the fats. So this is where we're going to move off topic a little bit, but this is where fiber comes in. You've seen those commercials where fiber is great for a cholesterol lowering diet. As part of a cholesterol lowering diet, the fiber does is it absorbs the bile and exits it out the body. If the bile doesn't get absorbed, it'll get reabsorbed into the bloodstream and you're not getting rid of all that that extra cholesterol. So file is really important in this whole thing. I thought that that that it was just a really good point that he made with the with the with the enzymes. And of course I'm a probiotic fan. I think probacs are the greatest things in sliced bread. We have they say upwards of six pounds of good bacteri of bacteria in our systems. We need to keep feeding in a replensh like a guard. Yeah. And they to me, it's like a garden that you have to keep putting fertilizer on. You can't just let it sit there else you'll get bad things growing. So you keep putting probiotics on it. You keep feeding this this wonderful garden that we have, so big probiotic fan right and again I oh.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Bruce.
Speaker 2: One moment I wanted to interject her. What do you think about what Gary said about changing up the probiotics? Is that because we have so many different strains or what would be the purpose of changing it, let's say every three months or three.
Speaker 3: To six months.
Speaker 7: Well, gently speaking, you have three to four strains in a probiotic, sometimes more, sometimes less. And I really like your muscle building analogy. You've got to you've got to and you can't just put one fertilizer on the garden. You know, you've got a garden that's full of different fruits, vegetables, and flowers. One fertilizer isn't going to do the job. You're gonna have to put on different ones for different situations, different occasions. So we want to feed these these good bacteria, So you want to change up, so you give it an alternating food if you would to feed these factory let them grow better.
Speaker 3: Sounds awesome. Thank you. And el glutamine.
Speaker 2: I think you and I started on the L glutamine just healing up those pockets in the colon in the lining.
Speaker 3: What do you think about him bringing up the ludamine.
Speaker 7: I really think people should do no matter how good your gut is, I think you should do algudamin once every six months, just on principle. But if you have any IBS symptoms, if you have any digestion issues, gluing first thing in the morning on empty stomach, wait twenty minutes before you do anything else. It'll give it time to really sit in. It brings the cells walls together, so it helps leaky gut. It helps with the mucle immune layer as well, the mucle layer on top of that, which both of things are very very important to the digestion track. So I'm a big, big fan of glutamine. So I agreed, as I say strongly with all three of the things Gary.
Speaker 2: Said, fantastic and everyone, Bruce and I are here to walk alongside you on your healing journey. I know one of the reasons when Bruce came on my first guest and we love to help people on our practice. For between the two of us, we could say we have four decades plus helping people with integrative health. And so please just reach out to my email because Bruce now he gets everything that comes through there. It's wisdom at walkwith Wisdom dot CA, so we keep everything under you know, one roof, and you can just send us an email and say, Bruce Jennibeve one of you get back to me, help me with my gut health and we can help you go deeper with the supplementation that we've talked about. And also I'm happy to say that Designs for Health we can give you a fifteen percent off to get going, which always helps Bruce, as you know. And of course, Bruce and are available for a fifteen minute complementary consultation to help you on your specific needs. Because as much as we're the same, we're different. Now Bruce, we're going to jump to the liver. So of course we talked about liver, and we're just gonna pick one of the liver supplementation that I know. It's out there on the internet. We see it a lot, and it was not not really gained notoriety.
Speaker 3: Is that the right word?
Speaker 2: NONAC was just everywhere everybody came in in my private practice when I was also on the pharmacy floor.
Speaker 3: NAC. Can you explain NAC and how that helps with liver and detoxification and hormones.
Speaker 7: Any or any I can't I can't say it right now, and anyway, an a wonderful product.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ANACITYL cysteine, thank.
Speaker 7: You, an a systeine, wonderful product. I actually recommend that for anybody who's doing a cleanse, because when you're doing a cleanse, you're releasing toxins, as Gary said, and even and and again I agree with Gary when he was talking about gentle cleanses, start very very gentle and work into the deeper clenses. But I always recommend people do ansil systeine or NAC just to support the liver because now you're sending all these released toxins through the liver, and the liver needs support. And if you don't support it, headaches and as he says, vomiting that kind of thing. But headaches is a primary one. I've seen people bedrood. They just their head headaches so bad because they didn't support the liver. So anisol systeine is really really good for the liver. It supports the liver. It also converts to glutathion as Gary said, and glutathion is a major antioxidant for the liver also for the lungs, So if your lungs are congested, you're having problems crearing your lungs, anac and glutathion are good for that too. Just it's a multipurpose. Everything has more than one purpose that we take absolutely.
Speaker 2: If I may jump in here as well, something that you may or may not have heard me say is again, studying under amazing teachers, and you are one of them, Bruce. If you fix your nose, you hear your toes. So anecetyl systeine or just NAT.
Speaker 3: I used it a lot for long conditions.
Speaker 2: I had a very close friend, the family member who had bronchitis, and so we gave the we gave them knack to really help with that. Yet it also helps the liver. So it's never just a one stop for nutraceuticals, is it, Bruce.
Speaker 7: No, And funny enough, the liver can cause the congestion and the lungs right, So everything keeping in mind, everything is connected in the body. So when we're helping one at a root level, we're helping something else at a root level as well.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, Bruce Will, It's time for can you imagine wisdom tips?
Speaker 3: So this is where we kind of we wrap up, not kind of we do wrap up. Let everyone know what.
Speaker 2: Major takeaways they should have today, and I think you had a special question for me as well, So I'll let you lead with a wrap up with.
Speaker 3: Just gotten liver foundational and we go from there.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, so I'm actually going to just repeat what Gary said. I really think that if you're dealing with hormones on a level, you need things moving through your gut because that's half the way they get out of your body. So glutamine first in the morning on empty stomach. You can take it lasting at night as you're going to bed as well. A good probiotic, take it with dinner or breakfast with take it with a meal, a very good probiotic, and then a digestive enzyme, as Gary says, just before the meal, because the enzyme will help that food break down, so you can actually utilize the nutrients. The probiotics will help the food break down. They're very, very different, by the way, We'll talk about that another time, but they both help the food break down. The probiotic also helps your immune system. Remember eighty percent of you immune system is good bacteria, so you're feeding the immune system as well. And if you're getting rid of all the toxins, out of your colon. That takes stress off the liver because those toxins aren't going to liver because toxins actually go through the colon wall into the bloodstream. Now your liver is involved. Just to start with those are three really good things to start with. Good I mean a good endzyme and and a probiotic.
Speaker 3: Excellent. Thank you, Bruce.
Speaker 2: Now maybe I will jump in here, and I have been getting lots of questions. Lots of people love this rapport that we have back and forth, and so I'm going to bring up something that is really important to menopause menopause, which is.
Speaker 3: Skin. Bruce, I don't know should I lead on this or did you have a question for me about around skin? I do.
Speaker 7: Actually we talked about it. We talked about it earlier. And remember, yeah, ladies, I'm a guy. I shave I throw some stuff on my face and and that's that's done for the day, right. But when you're dealing with skin, We've been talked about dealing with inside, but you also have to nuture nurture the outside of the skin. And so that's where I wanted to bring up to you, Genevieve, how do you keep your outside of your skin healthy. I mean, we can do all we want for the inside, but we still need to take care of the outside of it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bruce, And so I'm going to actually go backwards.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about if we don't get everything going out of the body, it goes in the bloodstream, goes in the limp and a lot of times when there is liver dysfunction, when people come to see me, Bruce, I know that they have at me breakout or they have deep lines or something going on, and it's a sign of your liver because remember going back, the liver does up to five hundred jobs. And also it's a sign of your gut it shows on your skin. So to your question, Bruce, I had a lot of my patient group and.
Speaker 3: Those of you who know me. Thank you again for joining us.
Speaker 2: Remember to like and subscribe and send us your email wisdom at Walk with Wisdom dot Ca. Both Bruce and I have access to that email and we can talk about everything we have here, plus some gifts for you.
Speaker 3: Specific to the skin. I have a skincare line.
Speaker 2: So Bruce, did you know that I modeled when I was much younger, taller, and thinner.
Speaker 7: I've heard the rumors, and I've seen some pictures Jeneviev. You've said that your nickname was black Barbie, and I just I agree. You looked amazing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, thank you so much, and so a lot of people remember me from those days. And as a matter of fact, one day we'll talk about beauty from the outside in. So when the podcast started, one of the tenets is beauty from the outside in. So everyone was going, Genevieve, what about the outside? We hear you have an organic skincare line. You started modeling at thirteen and you did three things, une moisturize, and now my husband is doing it, Bruce, and he's a truck driver, Clenstone moisturize.
Speaker 3: So everyone, I have a line.
Speaker 2: Of organic skincare that has nutriceuticals in it, Bruce, if you can believe that? So you put it on the outside because the skin absorbs, doesn't it, Bruce?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Everything you put on your skin goes in your body.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And those things would that affect the liver? Would you say?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? Bloodstream?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, So I have an organic skincare line. It has for instance, I know you get this, Bruce. This one product I'm going to introduce to everyone today. It's a res viatraal toner. So we were talking about antioxidants, Bruce, and are going to actually do some training. That's a new part that we're going to introduce to you all. Another gift to have just little snippets because it's so much that we talk in one show and you've asked and we've listened, So we're gonna do little snippets and Bruce, I think one of the snippets of training we should do is on antioxidants. Knack that we talked about is one alphalipoic acid, while res vitrol and res vitual is a skin refreshmenttner.
Speaker 3: You spray it on after you've washed.
Speaker 2: The skin goes in, decreases fine lines and wrinkles, but then you take the antioxidant on the inside. DFAGE Designs for Health has res vitrol and that just helps the oxidation factor make us look better on the outside and feel better on the inside. Bruce, we have thirty seconds. If you could do a wrap up of today, that would be great.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna touch on one thing Gary mentioned. He mentioned Google as a resource. Google's a fabulous resource. Make sure you understand who's writing the article, because anybody can write anything and post it to Google. People come to He said, I read doctor Google and he said this and it was so wrong, the information so incorrect. I said, who wrote it? Oh, I don't know. If you're going to read an article about health supplements or anything, make sure the person who's writing it is actually a professional.
Speaker 4: In his area.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, Bruce, Thank you again so much for joining us this week. And that goes for skincare because there's a lot about organic, all natural and the different products is that's in it. So we're going to go on this journey. We're going to go on this walk looking good and feeling amazing as we age, starting with the gut, the liver, menopausal skimmed symptoms, menopausal skin, manopausal symptoms, menopausal skin. Thank you all for joining us and see you next week. Email us Wisdom at walkwi Wisdom dot Ca. Fifteen percent off the designs for health products that we talked about today, and fifteen minutes one on one consult with Bruce and I either together or one in one. Thank you all, See you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been Walk with Wisdom with host Genevieve Wisdom tune in each week as Genevieve will present powerful guests who'll inspire you to make every step count, whether you're walking your dog, tackling your morning run, or enjoying a quiet moment with your headphones. Walk with Wisdom is your companion for redefining what it means to age powerfully and intentionally. Fridays, four pm Eastern on the Bold Brave TV Network, powered by B two Studios. Take them first step with us, because wisdom isn't about what you've left behind, It's about everything that lies ahead.