Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So I had mentioned this to you guys in commercial break yesterday and I saw the looks on your faces and you were shocked by this. But a couple nights ago, my wife's phone rings at eleven o'clock and it wasn't a normal phone ring. It was a FaceTime and so that's a different jingle ring tone. And I hear her dealing with it. She had been she was asleep and she you know, we went to bed early that night. I was about eleven. It was Monday night, and she was like, that was a FaceTime with our daughter on the FaceTime and some other people on the FaceTime. And she goes, Grace said, don't answer it if they call back, and so I'm like, what are you talking about? She goes, I think people are pranking us. I'm like, okay, so kids are prank calling cat like on a FaceTime.
Speaker 1: And they hold the.
Speaker 2: Child hostage in it, like in other words, it's her friends and they got her on the phone. So she's calling to wake her mom up and she's on the FaceTime. No one's faces are on it. It's just a FaceTime call, which is weird. And I'm like, anyways, I'm like okay, whatever. So I roll over to go to sleep and then my phone rings, same thing. They're facetiming me, and so I take a screenshot of it and I see two phone numbers and my daughter's number, and I'm like, what, what on earth is happening right now? And I'm you know, in bed, you know, falling asleep. It's a Monday night and my daughter.
Speaker 1: I was like, what times she have to get up? She goes, got to get up at six forty.
Speaker 2: I'm like, so she's probably not even an active participant in this. They probably get her on and then immediately three Way call her parents or something, and I'm like, that is that's a bold thing to be pranking parents, right, you just don't stumble across.
Speaker 1: I don't ever remember that happening.
Speaker 3: And I guess the thing that like kind of blew me away was that you said that just randos have access to your numbers because they can look at a family plan.
Speaker 2: That's like where my brain went, Wait what Yeah, I'm wondering how they have my number? Right, And I'm talking to my daughter and she is terrified of getting her friends in trouble, so she doesn't want to tell me too much. But she's also like mad because she just got in trouble for doing nothing, but she was asleep, so they rolled her into this prank. Right, So now she's awakened her parents at eleven o'clock on a school night. But I'm like, I don't ever remember kids being bold enough to include parents in their pranks, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm not okay with it.
Speaker 2: I'm also not okay with it just because it's boys and I'm a girl dad, so automatically I always want to be cleaning a weapon every time I talk to them. Right, So I get home from work after the show yesterday and I'm like, Grace, can you bring me your phone? She's like, brings it to me and I she didn't realize I took a screenshot of those so I know who was on that FaceTime call.
Speaker 1: So I punched those numbers in her phone.
Speaker 2: Of course the names pop up, so now I know the two kids that were involved in that prank.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'm confused on how they got y'all's numbers exactly.
Speaker 2: We'll get that, okay, okay, sorry, no, no, you're good. That's a huge question mark too, So what do you do at that point? Do you call You have these boys phone numbers?
Speaker 1: Call them?
Speaker 5: Do you have their parents phone number?
Speaker 2: I did not at the time. I ended up later getting one of their numbers, which we're friends with. They're super cool.
Speaker 3: I without putting a lot of thought into it, I would probably text each one individual and say individually and say, hey, this is Grace's dad.
Speaker 1: Don't ever do that again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just decided to call, so I called no answer.
Speaker 1: Of course, not call the next one. No answer.
Speaker 2: But keep mind, I'm holding my daughter's phone. So within seconds after me calling, she gets a text and hey, why is your dad calling me?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's beautiful, that's great. My number saved. Yeah, like he had my number saved. Yeah, this is great.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, man, this is I don't know.
Speaker 2: And so it's right on that edge of like, I mean, I was furious, but I also don't want to overact because when I was a kid that that's nothing compared to the stuff I did. That's not you know, it's just like that's like a kin to ringing your doorbell and running off or something.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I don't think it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: But it's a Monday on a school night, and some parents, and it's the parents, which is crazy, like I never messed with parents.
Speaker 1: I never I never went after someone's parents.
Speaker 2: And then I started thinking, man, that's disrespectful towards Grace to like mess with her parents, and and I'm just maybe this is something I'll do. So I did call them. One of the moms, She's awesome, and she was like, oh my gosh, they've been doing that to me NonStop. And I was like, yeah, I don't want it to be a part of that, so let's make sure they don't do it to mere. She goes, it'll never have it again. I'm like, I'm so sorry to bother you with this. She's cool mom, And I was like, but here's what I'm gonna need. I'm gonna need each of those boys to apologize to me personally before they can like come back in my house.
Speaker 1: Have they been in your house before? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, because that would just not be cool, right, Like you're gonna do something disrespectful, but then you're just hanging back out in my house, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, And you don't want to embarrass Grace too bad, right, right, that's a huge factor.
Speaker 2: But I barely can communicate with my daughter right now, I get one word answers on everything.
Speaker 6: But the kid is texted back to Grace at that point, did you know the kid?
Speaker 3: Did you know their parents? Above the kid, He's saying, he called the mom. Oh okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So then I called the mom. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And anyways, both boys called and were awesome. They're like, I'm so sorry, mister Rogers. Will never do this again. They were great.
Speaker 3: They talked about some yardwork that needed to be done and handled it perfectly.
Speaker 1: I think I've got my stuff if they need.
Speaker 3: I think like if I had been in that situation and they hit up Grace immediately, I think I then would have texted them from my phone saying why are you not answering my call?
Speaker 2: But texting Grace right really scared him. So man, talking to one of these boys, and I'm like, I was super nice to him. I'm like, guys, no problem, I did way worse, but I appreciate you having the courage to come apologize.
Speaker 1: We're good, no problems. We're good. And Grace is probably mad at me for this. We're good. You know.
Speaker 2: I didn't want it, Grace to be too embarrassed, but I go I would like to know, though, how did you get my number? And he said, well, there's this website kids are using no and they have some way to go get any phone number they want.
Speaker 1: I'm like, how how?
Speaker 2: But I don't know if it's like they have access to a family plan. Did they give you the phone number or I'm sorry the website they did, but I didn't write it down or okay, And I'm like that's interesting. You know, I don't know if you could just go get any celebrity number, like can I go get Lebron James number? But maybe if you were friends with Lebron's kid and you looked up their number and maybe you see their whole family plan?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: That would make more sense or I would hope it would be more of that than not just put in a name and you.
Speaker 1: Get their phone number. Right.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, you need to call that kid back and find out what that website is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm never calling that good back number. I want I want to know what the website is. It does bring up this.
Speaker 3: You know, they've been running all these old episodes of Curb and they ran the one where Larry was obsessed because he left his notebook at Julia Louis Dreyfus's house, and so he called her at like eleven o'clock and they had this whole subplot of no, no, no, you can never call anybody after X time?
Speaker 1: Yes, what is the time? Now?
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about you know, like I would call KT at four in the morning if I needed to, because he's an arcaleptic, but like just someone that you know but you're not super close with.
Speaker 1: But you know that what is too late to call them?
Speaker 2: And it's not an emergency because obviously if you call a friend, it doesn't matter what time it is.
Speaker 3: If there's a serious issue, what if it's something that you need an answer on in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Right, So there's nothing massive. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Call people and people don't call me text. It's all testing text. But time, what is too late to text?
Speaker 5: After ten?
Speaker 6: I do think ten is where you're pushing it. And I would say probably to play it safe, assuming these are people are worked in normal eight to five, you know, I would say nine thirty is your cutoff.
Speaker 3: It is interesting to me how many times I'll wake up and I'll have a text message. It came in at twelve thirty or whatever.
Speaker 1: I get that too. Yeah, but so we deal with people a lot.
Speaker 3: In our realm of people who don't work the general eight to five job, right, you know, or they don't need a lot of sleep. There's media people are nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wonder if it's like musicians or something like that. Is that what it is? People are working at odd hours?
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: I told you guys.
Speaker 3: When that Luca thing happened, a guy called me at what two in the morning because he was on the West Coast. He was a musician and he had just gotten out of a gig, so he called me at two am.
Speaker 1: Wow, called me. I do I do? Forget about time zones.
Speaker 3: Like every once in a while we'll text our friend or who lives in Hawaii and I'm like, oh god, yeah, what time is it there? I don't it's probably rude. It's five am, yeah, six hours something like that there. Yeah, it's about right, six seven hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are California friends. I don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: I'll file are far off of five am. Text to them every once in a.
Speaker 1: Dude, because three am is a great time to receive something. It does remind me of what what was the movie with the dude who is the Wolf of Wall Street? Did y'all see that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And his dad is like, his dad hated when the phone rang. That used to be a big deal, you know, when your home phone rang your landline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, who is calling during this show?
Speaker 3: You know the show is on calling, right, couldn't pause the show? Let's steal a whole parody thing called the teen Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 2: And then he spoke in a British accent. Yeah, kind of right to you, Greg. There it is that reminds me of the intro.
Speaker 1: Starring Jonah Kidd.
Speaker 3: Jonah Hill is the fat king with a great arm.
Speaker 1: Never get away from never will ms right now, you're right.
Speaker 3: Right, right, right right, trying to do one old.
Speaker 8: Time quick quit epic with I'll show you're gonna ruling it if you except with a similar sweet pursuing it, tundled out Shaw Shank through the sewer, Kid, Now what chill in at the Eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the doc. Got a habit for my house, a goat status, Howard starting to get tragic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 1: Two the end zone out, prink it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on a hang out with the friends, rocking it on the radio, my homes.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio. It's time to do this figin.
Speaker 3: Oh baby, there we go eight Christine up in, all up on the radio.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Obviously, last night an emotional night here in DFW Luka. Doncic plays the Mavericks as a Laker, first time they've they've squared off since the trade, and emotions were high, and I saw Kevin Turner going viral on Twitter last night.
Speaker 1: What happened, Kevin?
Speaker 6: I put a tweet out about six o'clock Electer six time after the show, And where I made the mistake is by not putting some disclaimer on there. No, but here's what I tweeted, because I saw a lot of this yesterday, a lot including like poll results and stuff from local.
Speaker 3: Newscasters from the deuce, who do you want to win tonight?
Speaker 6: And I said, if you've been a MAVs fan your whole life and you were pulling for the Lakers tonight, I think you're being a panty.
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 2: I always like people using that word that way. Yeah, man, you're a panty.
Speaker 3: That was the whole point of the tweet it had nothing to do with the actual thing. I wanted to use panty. But weren't you earlier?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're saying your your stance was I'm going to try to hate Luca now just because he's the opposition.
Speaker 6: I think it's And I understand basketball is different because that is turned into more of a like soccer used to be a little bit like more of a player's thing than a team thing, and that's how the next generation thinks. I understand that, but I think it's nuts to have been a MAVs fan your entire life and then to all of a sudden back I love the Lakers and agen seeing a lot of that.
Speaker 3: This is why I tweeted, if you're a guy who now suddenly hates Luca, I think you are an ill fitting men's brief exactly.
Speaker 1: And did that take off? Now?
Speaker 6: See, I don't know why I did, but I got call a lot hateful things. Would you like to hear some of please? That Kevin guy can s mid oh wait, I would believe that's werp if I saw him on the street.
Speaker 1: So to you, he said that Kevin guy, I love that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this guy said, I handed my MAVs card In. I did it in the nineties when they traded kid. I came back when Jason Kidd came back, and I said, he's still the coach. You know, So if you're following Jason Kidd, you don't make sense.
Speaker 1: No, you know what that means.
Speaker 3: That means that he missed out on eight good years of Dirk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because he handed it in. All right.
Speaker 6: Napoleon F. Mcmountain says, go play with your dildo, you loser.
Speaker 1: That guy's awesome.
Speaker 6: This guy at simply sharded said eat s P, which I retweeted feeling the love. I got this one a lot.
Speaker 3: Shut up, c it's the word for if you know like rhymes. Yeah, I got that one a lot, which I'm wondering. Is that like a Joe Rogan thing or something, right, like.
Speaker 4: That's the new phrase to like, yeah, new derogatory phrase or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's creative.
Speaker 6: You have goobies if you're gonna come at me, you know you know what that is, though you're being behaving more that way.
Speaker 3: If you're a Lakers fan out of nowhere your entire life, it's all strange to me, I do think. So what happens is is when people react that way to something, they're basically telling you what they are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, shut up, bitch ass boy, I think you're dumb as f My favorite one of the night that was good, and then this one is unavailable now because he actually violated Twitter x's rules, which.
Speaker 1: I didn't know they had rules.
Speaker 6: But it was go die somewhere or something, I go kill yourself, that type of thing.
Speaker 4: They didn't down Kanye's tweets, but they took down that guy.
Speaker 6: I read tweeted, and I just said, you shouldn't say things like this, Like that's all I said.
Speaker 1: I think Kanye works for the cabinet. Now.
Speaker 3: I think I understand a lot of that emotion. I understand people rooting for the Lakers.
Speaker 1: I do. I think that'll wane over time.
Speaker 6: I mean watching the game though, when the game's happening, the game to do good, that's insane.
Speaker 3: I get wanting Austin reeves to do well. That guy is awesome. Did I miss a bit? I don't know what happened. He's one of my favorite players.
Speaker 1: Brings it, He's the new Porky's he brings him over.
Speaker 2: All, right, Coming up next, Kat, where you gonna takes in the shuffle.
Speaker 6: We got two new TV shows that are coming out that I need to tell you about. Plus the ten year anniversary of something really weird.
Speaker 3: All right, that's next plat all right, it's the Bending Skin Show ninety seven point one, the ego. Look, we're the home of Dallas Mavericks basketball. There's a game tomorrow night with the Hornets. It's gonna be heard right here.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: We have some tickets to give away to the Mavericks Detroit Pistons game that is March twenty.
Speaker 1: First thing is that date? Yep.
Speaker 3: Anyways, the Pistons are good, They're fun to watch. They have a local prodigy, Kde Cunningham is their all star. One of the worst teams in sports, all of sports last year is now. I believe last time I checked six games above five hundred.
Speaker 1: They are good.
Speaker 3: That's a good game, and we're gonna give tickets away right now. We're gonna take the fifth person just so people listen on the stream can have a chance. The fifth person that can leave a talkback message using the iHeart app that leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and which member of the show had a tweet last night. In which he called a certain segment of the population a panty. We just talked about it in the opening segment. If you're listening, you know, if not, you can probably guess who on this show would call someone a panty.
Speaker 1: Looking at you, Christina.
Speaker 3: So the fifth person that gets that right, you're gonna win those Mavericks Pistons tickets.
Speaker 1: Good luck, everybody.
Speaker 3: We will talk about last night's Lakers Luca versus MAVs Kyrie game here in about thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this juicy news. Hot gods. Come stay out the top in the shovel.
Speaker 6: Check your pennies, pantries. Okay, so we're starting with something. This is a ten year anniversary of something. Okay, before we get through some real Hollywood's if there are two shows that I can tell you about ten years ago. Today, February twenty fifth, twenty fifteen, was the day that on the website Tumbler, a photo was posted, and the photo was posted of a dress. Oh yeah, and the dress appeared to be gold and white or did it? Tough one for skin. He had to set this one out because he's colored blind.
Speaker 5: Blue and black was the other option, right.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, and it ended up being black and blue because they've found it. And when you see it taking at a different angle from the photo that's taken in a different light, it was actually a black and blue dress ten years ago today. And I was thinking about how crazy that felt when that was going, like, why are people losing their minds over this? And if I had known what the next ten years were going to be about Old Rose, this.
Speaker 1: Is not that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: Think about social media, like at that time, that captivated the world. Hey, let's all debate what color this dress is.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there was another one that followed it up, and that was Yanni or Laurel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You're hearing Yanny or Laurel.
Speaker 3: You know what that was the reason people gravitated towards all that is that it was proof that everything is relative and nothing is real. And that's why I captivated our fancies. Dude, politics would take over and ruin humanity on social media.
Speaker 1: Think about how.
Speaker 3: Different it would have been if Trump had just put that dress on and that was the mean.
Speaker 6: It's black, it's blue, it's great, looks great on me, It doesn't matter the color. That was ten years Yeah, we have two new television shows that are coming soon and uh like one is tomorrow and I want to tell you all about it.
Speaker 1: And there's one that is just so.
Speaker 6: I read it and I went Jesus, Christina Ray is right up a rally.
Speaker 5: So another reality show.
Speaker 3: Oh hold on, let me a couple of wrestlers race each other to get to the end of something while it's being watched in a house they're.
Speaker 5: Staying in in Formula one cars.
Speaker 3: Because in okay, I will say not enough time was spent on the fact that Christina admitted that she's watching the Beast Games.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, mister Beast dude.
Speaker 5: Trash TV.
Speaker 1: I'm so sad TV.
Speaker 6: But let's start with this one. This comes from the realm of basketball Netflix tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know what this is. This is exciting. The star of this is Kate Hudson. The creator of this is Mindy Kayling from the office. It's called Running Point and it's from the idea of Lucas current owner Jeanie Buss. She went to Mindy Kayling with the idea of this show. Here's the story. Kate Hudson is the owner, I'm sorry, the new president of the Los Angeles Waves, a pro basketball team that's been run by her family for years.
Speaker 1: I'm already out, so.
Speaker 6: Now she's got to prove herself as a woman in a man's world.
Speaker 5: Figure out Skain.
Speaker 3: No, this is the reason I didn't watch that OJ Simpson show on HBO twenty years ago is because he was part of a football team that didn't really exist.
Speaker 1: So the second that I have.
Speaker 3: To watch the Oklahoma Bulls or something that's not a real team, I'm like, I want to go think about something else. So I never give semi pro a fair shot. Yeah, pretty much, Dad. The Flint Tropics for a great team, but they were the ABA or whatever, so I think you should give that a shot again.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 6: Ten episodes and Jeanie Buss it was like a lot of this was her idea. Apparently said you loved the Office, sought out Mindy Kaling, and then.
Speaker 1: Here we go. I don't think it's going to be very.
Speaker 3: Good, but because I feel like your lead needs to be Kate Hudson's great, right, yes, but it needs to be a natural funny person.
Speaker 1: If you're going that route, right, why like, is she like real funny? She's great? You just told me? Is awesome.
Speaker 3: And you just told us yesterday that Rashida Jones was bad at improv comedy, and look at how great she is.
Speaker 1: This what's she's starring in? You'll see nothing in a silo.
Speaker 2: It is probably gonna fail because it's so cliched and because it's not real sports.
Speaker 3: I want to watch the Los Angeles Waves play. When do they tip off? So?
Speaker 1: Is this the story of Yes, Genie Buss story bikers? And do you know when she got this idea? She got this? What's that when Winning Time happened? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Exactly. Oh, they're making a TV show about our life. I should do that. I know Jay Moore, he lives on the third floor. I live on the second. Have you guys seen that clip?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't sleep together.
Speaker 3: Did you guys see the clip of Jay Moore talking about his favorite thing at the SNL fifty anniversary was introducing Genie Bus to Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's prett funny. Actually no, Tracy Morgan wanted to know if she was a Laker dancer, she would do it. Dude.
Speaker 3: J Morios doesn't have any teeth. I mean, weird guy, real weird guy. He got real strung out on drugs. What do you mean didn't have any teeth.
Speaker 1: He can pull out his teeth like he's got punchers. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think because he did a lot of speed, a lot of you know in that book I just read about him.
Speaker 1: His time on SNL. He had panic attacks.
Speaker 6: They're giving con up in all the time because Sarah Silverman's like, here's my doctor, she can help you with your panic attacks.
Speaker 3: But he was such a bit about not getting airtime. He deserved to not be on the show, like he was complaining all the time. Uh, good stories, have some good stories. Fantastic Christina.
Speaker 6: Yes, new show on Netflix coming called Million Dollars Secret. Twelve contestants are going to enter a lakeside estate and each of their rooms is a mysterious welcome gift. It's a box, it's a box spoiler or the official tagline continues. Eleven of them are empty, and one contains one million dollars, and it's for that guest to keep as long as they keep their identity hidden.
Speaker 1: So twelve people.
Speaker 3: Living in a house, one of them has a million dollars and they can't say anything about it.
Speaker 4: This is exactly right up my alley. I just watched a show called The Anonymous. It sounds very similar to that. The Traders is very similar to that, So yeah, sure I'll watch it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't there a game like this that was popular squid games, Well, like some sort of a what I remember is something The Mole was in early two thousands, right, what about Undercover CEO?
Speaker 1: I never really did that. Is that a real thing? Yeah? Yeah, Undercover Boss?
Speaker 3: Yeah I thought there was a game like this. I thought you even played it on your channel during the pandemic. You have to guess which person is the murderer?
Speaker 6: Okay, so I never did that, but you're talking about among us it's the who is the impostor?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right? Or so yeah, it's like a game.
Speaker 3: Can I just go on that record and say, I don't think this game is hard at all unless you're.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. There's a twist, dude.
Speaker 6: Oh Devilish games will reveal clues about the millionaire's identity, and they must do whatever it takes to keep their million dollar secret.
Speaker 3: So they're starting to get exposed as it goes on. Let me tell you how to play the game, ain't me?
Speaker 1: Is that hard?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: They have dumb reality stars on this show, But it's not me.
Speaker 1: I'm not the one. You can say it all you want. I'm not the one.
Speaker 5: Oh exactly?
Speaker 1: Is that hard? Okay? Then we need to get you on one of these shows. Then that's that simple. Am I wrong? Here? Men? No kids? You do that?
Speaker 2: I mean, doesn't it seem to I don't even understand what the problem is? Like, how do if we just say it's not me?
Speaker 1: I think it's you know the way you're at I think it's you. It's not me though.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, well you crack because there gonna be many games that are there to test you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's say that I folded. It's like, oh, yeah, you got me. I just lost a million dollars. Oh my god, yeah, I forgot the rules.
Speaker 1: I'm the one. Now it's back up grabs again. I think it would be oh yeah, I don't know about that. Yeah, And maybe they're saving that as a twist of some sort, because.
Speaker 3: I think I think, you go there, there's twelve people, you're getting to read on everyone. Oh my god, I'm the one who's got the million dollars. Your life just changed a lot. I think it would be hard to be acting normal. I'm gonna bet you a million dollars that you're gonna watch. You're gonna get through episode episode two and be like, yeah, man, not just like Christina watching Oh.
Speaker 4: Okay now, because there's a lot more to it than what you're just saying, like traders, like there are people who kill they quote unquote kill people and you don't know who they are, so you can get killed in this. And so they accuse everyone like you have a gathering every night and they're like, dude, I think they're the killer because of this, this and this.
Speaker 3: I think you're the killer because you're the one pointing at me. Now what I'm like, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Or you can fake it and be like I am the killer? What now?
Speaker 1: Like is she really yeah? Or she's just saying that this could be this could be good.
Speaker 5: It's more fun than you think.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm excited.
Speaker 5: I'll watch it.
Speaker 1: And Kate Hudson's in this. No, that's the other one. That's the other thing.
Speaker 6: Coming at five to ten, I have to tell you about some big celebrity debts because there's been four or five some from over the weekend. We got to get to them all right, just getting late in the week five ten. Another important story, but something wild happening in Texas.
Speaker 2: It's a good all right, that's all coming your way. But coming up next, let's talk about the biggest story of the day. The Lakers, the Luca, the Mavericks, all of it happened last night. We'll discuss next.
Speaker 3: Ah. Yes, The following segment is brought to you by Hurtado Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your live locations in Mansfield, Arlington, Fort Worth, two locations at Global Life Field, and then one brand new one in Dallas the Farmer's Market.
Speaker 1: So go treat yourself. It is exquisite.
Speaker 2: Brandon Hurtado and his family spin on Mexicue their own family family recipes and they are wildly popular for a good reason. Go check out the greatness of Hurtato Barbecue. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: It's good listeners. Here comes kt fun Tweets. We're the round.
Speaker 5: Now let's cool around the sports.
Speaker 3: Kt fu quins has all the.
Speaker 1: Sports y and the words of a wise man. Did you catch your game? Wife's night.
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: There's so much about this that I want to talk about. The thing that stood out to me before it even started. Was MAVs GM Nico Harrison down on the court and Luca's warming up on one side. He's on the other side, and I thought, man, that is fascinating, And I just didn't know if that was normal, if that was aggressive, if he's just like so in on his conviction to make the trade that he's just telling the world, Yeah, man, I did this trade.
Speaker 1: I believe in it. I'm here, or I don't. I don't even I don't even know how to process it.
Speaker 2: I just found it. I found it to be very, very unusual. I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 3: I guess I wasn't expecting it either, under the circumstances. I think you if you wanted to call it aggressive or whatever, it's not in any way abnormal. Right, The vast majority of the time I've ever talked to Nico has been at that time of a game, because it's what happens is is front office people are out there, usually like the ESPN guys are out there. I mean, if you want to go hobnob in NBA circles, you go get your media credential and you stand out there two hours before tip and players are coming out and shooting and like the clips you saw, Like I saw three different clips, and Nico's got a different person standing next to him talking to him each time. That is normal NBA course of action. However, I would suggest that last night was anything but normal NBA circumstances. So read into that whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Did that catch anybody else as being odd? Get to your christ.
Speaker 6: I mean I thought all of it was odd, just the entire night in general. Like I saw Luca was doing some push ups in the pregame, thought that was interesting.
Speaker 1: That happens every preview. He does that all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, he shoots, he shoots, so he does it here and I'm sure he's found guys out there. They do a shooting contest and if he makes the shot, they do the push ups. If he misses, he does the push ups.
Speaker 6: The thing that you're watching for a couple things, you're just watching for a is he about to in the first five minutes of the game jack every shot? And he kind of was, but it wasn't overt because the Mavericks were paying a lot of attention to him, and then you're waiting on him too. I was hoping the broadcast would have done a better job of pointing out where exactly Nico was sitting. But you know, I mean they showed him later in the game, but I'm talking about in the first quarter, and there is.
Speaker 2: An awesome picture where it looks like they're staring at each other.
Speaker 1: Is that real? I don't.
Speaker 6: I mean that was online so fast. I was like, this has to be photoshop.
Speaker 2: This has to be There's another one of Luca's standing right next to Ja kid and uh, somebody took that. Have you ever s see the picture of the two dogs at the intersection where one dog is in the car next to you and he's looking at you.
Speaker 1: So he's looking at one dog so aggressively, going yeah, what what.
Speaker 2: And the other dog in the car closest to the cameras going I don't. I'm just looking straight ahead. I don't see anything. I'm not turning to the right. I'm not turning the right.
Speaker 1: Look over here, look over here. I'm not looking over there. I'm looking straight ahead. I'm looking straight ahead.
Speaker 3: I had never seen that picture you're referencing until last night.
Speaker 1: When I saw it, I died laughing. It is so funny.
Speaker 2: It was, you know, there was so much stuff surrounding the game, beyond the game, so much emotion. He ends up having a triple double and a great game and Lakers win. But it wasn't a fifty burger like I was thinking or anything. And yeah, obviously there's a lot of emotion for him. He wasn't just out there on full spite mode. You know, you know what he what he did.
Speaker 3: In hindsight, I guess if I had spent a little more time thinking through it, what he did is he did exactly what he was supposed to do. Because the Los Angeles Lakers have been crushing people for weeks and it happened before Luca ever showed up. They've been on a tear. And I know you guys think I'm doing a bit on Austin Reeves. Austin Reeves is great.
Speaker 1: That hurt more than Luca making shots.
Speaker 3: He killed us and he's been doing that all season long. And so I right now, all Luca's got to do is just come in and try to fit in. And it's very difficult think about what Kyrie did when Kyrie got here, and it's very difficult to fit in with something when you're a dominant player and the team you're coming to is playing incredibly well.
Speaker 1: And they didn't have to gut their team to get you. Yeah, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Mean they didn't have to give up everybody to get him, and.
Speaker 3: So they So anyways, he's got to he's got to figure out how to be Luca. And I think like it's huge for him that Lebron. I think the reason we were talking about this earlier. I think the reason Lebron walked off the court the fashion that he did is I think he was letting the NBA know, Bro, this is my team right now and we're playing badass because of me, and everybody needs to recognize that. And so I'm not going to stand around out here. I'm going to head to the locker room. And he's saying and doing all the right things. But I do believe Lebron's watching all this going all right, man, y'all just remember who Lebron James is. And and I think that the way that Luca plays and the way Lebron plays will perfectly compliment one each other one another in playoff basketball.
Speaker 6: I think when I was watching, there's a million different things here. At the end, I loved every MAVs player, dap Up Luca and like excited to go see him.
Speaker 1: So you know, like how the players feel about things.
Speaker 6: Coaches too, every single Yeah, I mean there was coaches too, exactly, So I mean that was like, that was the part that I hurt the most for me, is saying just a little thing like Jayden Hardy going over and just giving him a big hug is like.
Speaker 4: Or the Kyrie handshake before started again. I almost couldn't watch the game from that.
Speaker 3: And the hardest thing, by the way, Laker fans chanting thank you Nico, It's.
Speaker 2: Amazing he's in the building for that. The hardest thing for me is watching Jeanie Buss or Polinka or whatever talk about how they can't believe they're so lucky to have landed one of the best players on earth, and they're like, these things just don't happen. You just how do you ever? We never in a million years imagine this was even a possibility. Yeah, you're like, yeah, that's got we feel too.
Speaker 1: Nobody.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, people on opposing teams and Bill ha just followed the league and all that are just like, all right, okay, this is what it is.
Speaker 1: This is what it is. Again.
Speaker 3: I don't think Nico did it just by himself. He may have been the only one to know until the very end, but I mean, he had conversations with guys on the It's evident from all the stories that are out there that these are things that the front office had talked about. And it's not just coming from one source, it's coming from multiple, multiple writers or writing about it. And so it's the thing. Now, that's not the thing that's amazing about all this to me is that no one, very few people are willing to recognize the idea that several things can be true at once. It's got to be black and white, and it's got to be a civil war. And it's like, just because he had these issues, that doesn't mean it was right to trade him. Like you can hang on to guys that are problematic in some ways and hope that it gets better or formulate ways to get better. The thing I've said, I bet I've said this twenty times to people. Man, it is in no way surprising to me, but it is absolutely shocking because if you know that people feel a certain way, then it shouldn't be surprising that they want to move on. But the way in which it happened. Man, that was pretty shocking. I mean, we're still.
Speaker 1: Long, what do we on? Three weeks? How long is it done? Twas?
Speaker 2: No one can rationalize the returne. No one can make sense of that. But that's what they wanted. That's what they wanted. But I saw this quote from Stein today whispers via league sources, suggesting Dallas's decision makers, most notably Nico Harrison, no longer wanted Planet Mavericks to orbit around Doncic and had grown determined to trade him by this summer at the latest. So they were just done with the conditioning with his own personal training team. There's obviously a lot of talk about the hookah, smoking a hookah and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: You have Michael Finley.
Speaker 2: Taking a beer away from him, you know, all those things all factor into them just saying, hey, and we don't want to pay him seventy million a year. We don't think his health is going to improve by if he continues with this lifestyle. We can't reach him. Seventy million a year is a lot of money. And then we're pot committed to that and it just subject to if he decides to take it seriously or not. So we don't want to be we don't want our world to revolve around him. I get that, I understand feeling that way. I still wish they could have fixed it. And when Luca showed up in LA and first started playing games, you're like, goh Man, he is, he is out of shape, But by last night he looked like he's in significantly better shape. I mean, he looks twenty pounds later in two weeks. You just wish more people had see how we're going back and talking about the trade.
Speaker 6: You just wish more people had to say before it was just done and it's over because he's twenty five and like, but if they were doing it and the other The key component of all this is he wanted Anthony Davis on this team.
Speaker 1: Niko wanted Anthony Davis on this team.
Speaker 3: He does not, so everyone thinks this, But the guy who made decision doesn't think the same way everybody else does. He thinks Anthony Davis and Luka Doncicic are comparable players. In his mind, those are comparable players. And the reason that he got a first round pick and got Max Christie out of it probably has to do with the age. That's I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying that's what that person thinks.
Speaker 6: I'm curious what the owners think about just the business side of it though, too.
Speaker 1: You know, they probably think differently about it now. Right.
Speaker 2: But because even if he does think that, I agree, he does think that the rest of the league is shocked. And so it's like he went into that negotiation. That's just the part about that doesn't sit well with me.
Speaker 3: That he had a long standing relationship with Polinka and there's Polinka now seemingly you know, dealing from you know, not having to pay full price for what the rest of the league would have paid for that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's just hard, man, It's hard.
Speaker 2: And look, it's like you rip the scab off every time there's some new thing, some new triggering thing. You know, it's going to be that way for the next decade. He's not, you know, because he's just going to keep setting records and you would think presumably they'll build a statue of him one day. Each thing along the way is going to sting a little bit. The only thing that could help it is if the Mavericks are just really good and win a ton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I've decided to be a Wizards fan now, so have you? Yeah? Oh, they finally got rid of Kuzma.
Speaker 6: Now I always liked Magic, which would make you think I would go pull for the Orlando Magic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no.
Speaker 2: All right, there it is little MAVs Luca Lakers coming up. It's the today game, the only segment of the day that will not be podcasted. It must you must listen live to hear this. All right, This the MAVs a Minute brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater, redefining the way you experience concerts. And the ratings are in for last night and it was a massive audience tuned in for MAVs Lakers. Two point five million the average viewers on TENNT and it peaked at two point nine million. That is a massive, massive amount of people tuned in for a game in which Luca got to play his former team, the Dallas Mavericks.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I saw some reports where the secondary ticket sales market. Ticket sales are up, the prices up in LA by nineteen percent, down forty percent in Dallas. The impact of this trade is just massive. It would help if Ad would get healthy, and it was great to see Ad out there shooting before the game, and so if Anthony Davis comes back, it really really helps. Probably it probably helped. And should we take any encouragement skin by the fact that he was out there shooting?
Speaker 1: Does that mean anything? Man, I'm taking some encouragement out of it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't have any details or anything like that, but just looking at it, you know, the alternatives are like, all right, he may have surgery, which obviously he ain't playing again, and if he's out there shooting, I'm looking at that going all right, progress, give me progress, because I think they can hang on and get a play in Spot without Anthony Davis.
Speaker 1: It's going to be hard, but I think they could.
Speaker 3: If they were to be able to get Anthony Davis back in mid April after just at least stand in the mix, dude, they could go on a crazy long run. But that's just so far in the future. It's hard to fathom. They are five and five in their last ten since the trade.
Speaker 2: All right, that has been the Maths Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinnie Amphitheater. Go to Sunset Texas for information on how to own a fire pit suite or join the Aikman Club. This is opening in twenty twenty six. Gotta go check this out. This is really cool looking. Have you seen the new live minute music venue coming to McKinney again, Sunset Texas dot Com coming in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: But right now it's staff for this.
Speaker 9: And now it's time for Bass Sweet Day Day featuring veteran news anchor kt Funtweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 6: Just here, we added a band to the BFD lineup. Yes, May twenty fifth is when BFD is happening. Chavelle, Marilyn Manson, Pod Evans, Blue Slick.
Speaker 1: There we Addy. We're adding Stabbing Westward to the mix. Hey, that's nice. So they got an interesting story.
Speaker 6: Their their singer got throat cancer but it survived it and he's recovered and his voice is back much like skin.
Speaker 1: Hell. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, and I'm a member of Stabbing Westward. Now they're letting you in. Yeah, I'm the drum tech.
Speaker 1: I wonder what the.
Speaker 2: Name comes from. Right, it's a good sabbing. You're stabbing. So you're you're saying, hey, we don't like the West Coast.
Speaker 3: No, they're saying they're putting their hands on their hips and they're stabbing some action out there.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, Christina, No, I think, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll do some research and see if I can find the real mental thank you will for tomorrow's show.
Speaker 1: Can you find it by the end of the segment. Oh, it's possible.
Speaker 9: Think.
Speaker 3: I'm excited that they're on the bill, though it's already a good bill, so that's cool.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, I had another one. Get your tickets at live nation dot com beifty May. We'll all be there, big party and also be listening because we've been given away tickets as well.
Speaker 4: They're go ahead of shows giving away tickets. Huh, woody shows giving away tickets, Oh right, eight fifteen listen for that.
Speaker 3: They're kind of like precursors to the whole Lincoln Park thing, no, the new metal thing, right, Yeah, yeah, I think they're on the you know, kind of like I think Corns a little bit like that, Like they're out in front of it, like, you know, paving the way as it were. You know.
Speaker 6: They also were compared a little bit to nine inch nails in their early days as well, so makes sense a little.
Speaker 1: But everything got.
Speaker 2: The answer to the question all right. The band Stabbing Westward got its name from a speech about fears of communism in the nineteen fifties. Stab west The band members came up with the name all working at their college radio station at Western Illinois University.
Speaker 3: While they were taking a history class on Joe McCarthy.
Speaker 6: Joe McCarthy, former Cowboys coach known for his McCarthy asm.
Speaker 1: Offense.
Speaker 5: Yep, we have offense was good.
Speaker 3: We have our first measles death in Texas and this outbreak half of this morning. This was a child school age child who was not vaccinated died from measles.
Speaker 1: This is the first diesels death in ten years in America. Wow.
Speaker 6: So, as of this morning, one hundred and twenty four cases across nine counties, including nine other county nine other cases in eastern New Mexico as well. Eighteen of those people have been hospitalized. Only five were vaccinated. The rest either have it been vaxed or don't know which. If you asked me if I've been vaccinated for measles, I'd tell y, I don't know.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: I assume I went through.
Speaker 3: This not too long ago, and I was like, do I need a tetanis shot. I just sliced my finger open on this rusty breaker box and I was like, I have no idea when the last time I got a tetnis shot is.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where to find it. So there's a lot of things.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is, I'm sure we got measles vaccination when we were kids. Does that last forever? Are you supposed to revaccinate? There's what normally happens. You get it between twelve and fifteen months, and then between four and six.
Speaker 1: Years old, and then you're good.
Speaker 3: I think so all right, God, I'm getting medical advice from Kevin.
Speaker 6: This says it's been the last morning news. Measles a respiratory virus that can survive in the air for up to two hours for a susceptible. Susceptible, we'll get the virus that they're exposed. Most kids will recover from measles if they get it, but infection can lead to dangerous complications pneumonia, blindness, oh, brain swelling, and death. Now, this caused a little bit of freak out over the weekend down south at the University of Texas, San Antonio, where they sent out a campus alert someone that was there to tour the campus had tested positive for the mees. All right, so then they're also like that person went down to the river Walk, he went down to the Wax Museum, he went to Ripley's believe.
Speaker 3: It or not.
Speaker 5: Oh, he was sitting all.
Speaker 1: This guy was really thinking about it.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'm going to spend some time and say, I need to find out if it's the town for me. But that brings us to this afternoon where I do have the latest. We have our first case of measles in DFWNW. Oh it is an adult in Rockwall County, So greator popall check out, check in on them. Maybe I'm gonna call them. They do not believe this. Officials do not believe this case is connected to the outbreak in West Texas.
Speaker 3: But wait, they still don't know for sure. That's worse, right, I would say it's probably worse. Yes, what causes measles, The measles get in you, yeah, and the mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So there is your measles update. This story's not going away for a while because the last time we had a big measles outbreak in America was in Chicago a few years ago, and there were sixty people.
Speaker 1: We're at one hundred and twenty four. Now.
Speaker 6: They did say this was in a Mennonite community in West Texas. You know what the Mennonites are, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, kind of crazy, right, smaller people, They're smaller Minnie Nites.
Speaker 1: Those are the men Unites. The Mennonites are.
Speaker 6: I don't think like religious, I really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I only wear cool stuff. It sounds like some people that might have been at odds with the Mesopotamians, Oh Mesopotamia.
Speaker 6: That that was me in sixth grade, going do we need to learn about this or not? Where are the things that really matter for life? When will this come into play in form?
Speaker 1: Weird? That's weird. It's like, I don't know if we need to know now. I would like to.
Speaker 6: I've been sitting on this for a couple of days, and the reason is hashit. It's been kind of stockpiling. Let's get to some big deaths that have happened. And that doesn't sound uplifting, I know, but just let's start with Clint Hill. And I said Clint he was the Secret Service agent who leaped onto JFK's limousine as it came under fire, and he kept Jacqueline Kennedy from falling off right after the gunfire. He died this weekend at the age of ninety three.
Speaker 1: Is it leaped or left? I really don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's left, okay, But I feel like I have seen the word leap print.
Speaker 1: He leaped into save he said he leaped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always thought it was left, but I do believe I've seen leaped in print.
Speaker 1: It just sounds weird to me.
Speaker 5: Sounds weird.
Speaker 1: Gives this Tim Rogers.
Speaker 3: According to my sources who covered all kinds of things, both.
Speaker 1: Leaped and left are correct. Fantastic, can use either one. The horse leaped over the fence, the horse left over the fence. I'll take horse. The horse wasn't that athletic and rammed right into the fence is my favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so shout out to clant Is it weird that we still don't know what happened that day?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Do we not?
Speaker 1: I know? I don't think we do.
Speaker 4: There were more files they like discovered. Did you see that maybe like a month ago?
Speaker 1: Trump put him out there? Oh, he put him out there, he did.
Speaker 3: They were I think they're all us redacted. Here's what happens when a permanent marker writes on something, Yeah, Lee Harvey shot the president, Dude. I think it's simple. I'm very very confident the three hoboes were involved. I think they were involved to and I think there was a triangular crossfire.
Speaker 1: And Woody Harrelson knows the answer. You know, it's wild.
Speaker 6: And I used to like kind of be into this a little bit, but man, after the more the years go by, I just don't care anymore.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I've seen. I've seen a president get shot in real time.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: That's that's the one that I've I think got that one more than I think about the one I wasn't born for yet. And I went down there when you know, like when I was a teen to Dealey Plaza, Oh, is that when JFK Junior was supposed to show up. You go up to the floor he was supposed to show up. I thought he was going to fly down saying it was a whole different into the book depository. But you stand there where Lee Harvey was the museum reep, and you look down at the X, and I think they've gotten rid of the X on the street. Yeah, for that reason, But be able just kept getting run over pretty wild. So we're like fourteen. You're like, I don't understand. This is nuts. This happened, and everyone's parents were into it. Sude.
Speaker 4: There's still buses. So we live right next to Lee Harvey's old apartment. Right, it's still there. They I guess they it's like what historical.
Speaker 1: Oh oh you can't rent it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah no, they still have buses that stop like constantly.
Speaker 5: I can't out and take pictures.
Speaker 3: I have said you a couple of times because when I go down to Bishop Bart's and park over there, and I was.
Speaker 1: Just like, look at these people, Yeah, outside of Mike's house. Oh no, they're looking at Lee Harvey's house. Okay, it'd be.
Speaker 3: Fun to rent out Lee harvey All's well department for like a bob Mitzer or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be it.
Speaker 3: I found a lot of it had to be a bar mit So why couldn't we just have a gathering?
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 4: It looks like it's in bad shape, though, so they need to remodel the inside at least.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, they're not keeping it historically accurate.
Speaker 5: Well no they are, but yeah, you're saying.
Speaker 1: That he was looking here or would they spice it up for him?
Speaker 3: Who don't touch that mildew Yeah, Lee Harvey Oswald saw that.
Speaker 5: No one can live there right now. It's bad.
Speaker 6: Also, Dad, Yep, her name is Lynn Maurice Stewart. That is Charlie Day's mom on it. It's always Sonny in Philadelphia, Okay, and in many other things and a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: What else, uh pee Wee's playhouse, you know what.
Speaker 6: Back in the day, she was kind of hot, which is really weird to think of Charlie's mom that way. Although in there an episode where Mac Bang's Charlie's mom or Dennis Banks Charlie's mom.
Speaker 1: Dennis wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, might need to watch those Maybe they just tag teams or I don't know what happened and need you to go find all.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. Rest in peace to the Lynn Bury Stewart strumming my pain with his fingers, Roberta roberta Flak Dad at the age of eighty eight, did killing me softly. I've heard that song was about Kat Stevens, but I heard that from an unreliable source.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that song was about.
Speaker 5: I love that song.
Speaker 1: That's a great song.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, obviously most people probably know the Fuji's version, right.
Speaker 1: She had a really great version to feel like making love what the Bad Company song? No?
Speaker 3: I thought, now, now that is not the version I think, and a weird one. Today at the age of thirty nine, Christina and I may know her as Harriet the Spy. Oh you guys, I don't think you would know her from anything. Honestly, are you talking about what's name Tractonberg? Michelle Tractenberg.
Speaker 5: She's in Gossip Girl too.
Speaker 6: She was in Gossip Girl. She was in euro Trip too, if you remember that one. And Harry the Spine was a huge thing. I was a kid, just like a Nickelodeon project or whatever.
Speaker 9: Dad.
Speaker 6: At the edge of thirty one, she was in Six Feet Under for a little bit too, a few episodes. They think that so well, they know that she had a liver transplant, but they think there was some like it's repercussions from that.
Speaker 3: Oh, like the body didn't accept it, didn't accept it very well.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 3: So thirty nine she was found what's her name Michelle Trachtenberg t r A C. H.
Speaker 1: Ten Berg. Well, you were e uh okay, I remember think about it.
Speaker 6: When I saw her though, like, well, I knew the Harriet the Spy part. But then I was like, okay, no, I remember her from because Harry Spye was a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I read I read the books when I was a kid. I liked him books. Harriet the Spy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I would have thought you would have read that stuff when you were a girl.
Speaker 5: No, but I loved watching that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: She was also a spy in music videos for Trapped the song Echo, the Fallout Boy song This ain't a scene, it's an arms race. So a couple of songs that we might have played on this station a few times. So yeah, there's your four or five deaths that have happened. Yeah, dang, good job, Kevin. Sorry about that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: It is The Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle coming up next. Kevin's got something up his sleeve, and we're gonna celebrate a really cool anniversary right here on ninety some point one The Eagle. Bye, Yes, Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us on a hump day. We're gonna hump it. Hey, I hope you have plans to go see us up in Salina this weekend.
Speaker 1: What is us?
Speaker 3: That's Rollertown beer Works. That's the brewery that me and Big Ben are partners them, along with a lot of other cool people. And we got big doings this weekend because we're celebrating Texas Independence dand we have a huge chili cookoff. If you're a chili aficionado, you want to.
Speaker 1: Be at this.
Speaker 3: This is a great way to spend your Saturday afternoon. Of course, we currently have twenty fresh local beers on tap, but you don't got to go all the way to selige It to get the goods we'd be serving up. For example, if you're going to a Star or a MAVs game, we're at the American Airline Center. When baseball season gets here, you'll see us at Globe Life Field all over the place. Even more places we're going to be rolling out a live by lows more information on that for Opening Day, where places like Kanye Rosso and places like Pluckers, Marty Bees.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: If you guys are on the North Side and you want to go to one of the coolest places ever, go to Marty Be's where they have the big German but anyways, go to your favorite place, ask for it by name. Go to your favorite grocery store or a spirit seller and ask for it there where it places like HGB and Total Wine and More and liquor Depot, and on and on and on. Spread the gospel. It's roller Town beer Works. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 7: From the ninety seven to one Eagle Studio in Farmers Branch, Texas, It's the Price is Lot, Ben Rogers, Come on down, Christina Way, come on down, ma, Jeff Stanway, come on. You are the first three intestines on the crisis.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's the price is what? The price is what they pulled it out of them.
Speaker 6: Okay, So if you missed yesterday's show, you can go get that.
Speaker 1: It's on the iHeart app. That song is how do you talk over that? Yeah? Talking now?
Speaker 6: So if you missed yesterday's show, it's on the iHeart app. You can go get it if you miss it. But we took a look at this thing that came out and it was the most popular gas station snacks in America.
Speaker 3: I was appalled at how many gas stations snacks. Christina knew it was crazy. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: I'll have you know that.
Speaker 6: This morning, this small in a minute, This morning, The Price Is Right aired their ten thousandth episode of all time.
Speaker 1: Wow? Was Aaron Paul on it?
Speaker 6: I don't think so. Think Drew Carrey hosted it in it was pretty normal episode. Okay, Actually they gave away a bunch of money, I think, but ten thousand episodes of the Price Is Right. So I've taken these popular gas station snacks and we will play the price as what how much do they cost?
Speaker 1: Love it?
Speaker 5: Did you know there's a Price Is Right at night?
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah? That Sometimes they have celebrities on too. It's great, so weird?
Speaker 1: What is it on?
Speaker 5: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Ye catch it sometimes? Yeah, so closest without going over Those are the rules.
Speaker 6: We will start with number one on yesterday's list of most popular gas station snacks in America, the Rice Crispies treat.
Speaker 1: I'll go if you have first, Yes, three, three twenty nine Jess can wait? Can I ask a question of Christina?
Speaker 5: Three dollars in twenty nine cents?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: I understand that.
Speaker 3: Okay, how many come in a package? It's just one?
Speaker 1: Oh it is? It's not two stacked?
Speaker 5: No? No, I believe it's just one big one though.
Speaker 3: Well, like there's two twigs in a package. It ain't that weird of a question, man, I think it's a little weird. I think everyone would kind of know that, did you guess that's amazing?
Speaker 1: I did not know. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I will go with.
Speaker 3: One dollar and eighty nine cents, Ben.
Speaker 1: I will go. This is current day, that's what you're saying, modern day. That would make it a weird trip if it was like nineteen eighty five price. I'm gonna go three thirty.
Speaker 6: Three thirty he goes one over Christina actual retail price four forty four, Ben Rogers with one point. Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, Stop.
Speaker 3: In the name of what's his name, Dick Barker, Bob, please explain to me how one individually wrapped ice Krispy Rice Krispy treat is four dollars and forty cents.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been following the new lately, Bro. How big are they?
Speaker 5: They're I mean, like a block like that big that Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've never seen one that big.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's exaggeration.
Speaker 1: They're pretty big.
Speaker 6: That's pretty thick and inflation. There was a time when they might have been one eighty nine been in.
Speaker 1: Her little tiny crispy chunks of rice with sugar. Number two on that list was beef jerky. Skin. You will start the bidding. Can you give me anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you give me a hint stick a beef jerkey one? So slim slimym uh, you know, let's do a pouch.
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Oh, he looked at I don't know, but we'll do all right. Yeah, this whole thing is in question, you know. Just take beef jerky and you decide what it is in your head. Oh oh, I gotta like that, all right, nebulous jerk. Give me three dollars and eighty nine cents.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, give me nine dollars and thirty three cents.
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Christina?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Why slim Jim the one that went okay, hold on, sorry, I'll just stick with seven thirty.
Speaker 1: Then she's bad.
Speaker 3: Seven thirty actual retail price five point fifty six.
Speaker 1: Jeff skin Wade.
Speaker 7: Is your winner.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Both Ben and Christina overbid Skin right the point.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought it was eight dollars and he went way too far.
Speaker 3: If you just went one penny over me, you would have won, all right, Ben, yep, Ben, you'll start the bidding on our next retail item. It was three on the list of most popular gas station snacks.
Speaker 1: The taketo.
Speaker 3: All right, this doesn't make usually on a roller single Taketo a single?
Speaker 1: Does it come with cheese?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with four dollars and seventy five cents.
Speaker 1: Or seventy five for Ben Christina for one ta.
Speaker 5: Keto seventy five cents.
Speaker 1: Seventy five cents. Jeff skin Wade.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the seventy nine cents.
Speaker 6: Yep, seventy nine cents. Your actual retail price one dollar ninety nine cents. Jeff skin Wade gets the point one ninety nine.
Speaker 5: I don't know he plays the game.
Speaker 6: Skin two beIN one Christina nothing. Christina will start to being with you next reetime checks.
Speaker 5: Mix okay, four thirteen.
Speaker 3: Four thirteen for Christina skin interesting. I'm gonna go with one penny one penny. Ben Rogers, I'll go four fourteen. He goes, why am I playing with them? Overnet, it's four fourteen. It's not it's the game actual retail prize. Don't hate to play. I hate the game four forty four the point. The key to win in this game is by playing dirty. Aaron Paul did it this way and he made it to the big show bro.
Speaker 1: In this the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the game. If it's in the game, it's in the game. Number five on that list was the snickers bar. We will start our bidding with jeffskin weight. Is it a fun size king size? I think that regular fun size is the little bite sized ones, right, Kevin, that's a regular stickers bar, so not the king.
Speaker 1: Size, like Christina suggested. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: Three dollars and fifty five cents fifty five, Ben.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be in trouble here. The sandwich spot, the middle pick is a dangerous place to be. Yeah, that's where you know its trouble. I'm gonna go. God, I think that's a pretty good guess because I think it's thank you, Ben. Maybe less than that, Oh you'll see. But you know, Christina's lurking and she just learned how to play in the middle of this time.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go two dollars and seventy five. That's good to seventy five. Christ She's got three tough choices here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hold on two seven five.
Speaker 3: Skin said three fifty five. Ben said two seventy five. How much does a Stickers park?
Speaker 5: That's two three fifty six.
Speaker 4: It's good fifty I think it would have been to seventy six per Nobody won actual retail price?
Speaker 1: All over, bid back to Skin. No, no, it goes to Ben. No, you started the bidding. We do it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Oh well, right rules man one dollar and ninety nine cents.
Speaker 1: Kevin won the same thing. Yeah, stickers bar? Oh okay, damn it? Right, one penny. See, so you either choose two all right, I want to shut up. Let her play.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, either two dollars or two cents.
Speaker 1: The girl watch Christina.
Speaker 5: I'll do two cents, two cents.
Speaker 3: Somebody won Fris Snickers bar actual retail price one seventy six.
Speaker 1: Christina Ray is on the ball. She can tie it if she gets this one. Here, Rogers, you will start the vidding. It might not be the last one. I'll be the judge of that. How about a bag of Dorito's? Ben, what a great drop. God, that's a great job.
Speaker 2: Uh make it nacho cheese please, Kevin, yep, got you changees thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, one bag of Doritos. I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 1: Three dollars, Christina.
Speaker 4: That is tough, Katie, that is tough. Oh okay, let's let's go with one cent.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, Jeff Skin Wait, I'm gonna make it interesting.
Speaker 5: Because I'm dumb.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: One dollar and fifty cents. He cuts it right down the middle. One fifty actual retail price two eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Wow gets the point. Okay, man, the game ends with me number one.
Speaker 6: I think we have to have for one more okay, flaming a bag of flaming hot Cheetos, Christine the gay bag.
Speaker 5: Okay, go one seventy five.
Speaker 1: One seventy five. Skin, I'm gonna go two dollars and fifty one cents two fifty one, Ben, two fifty two. Ben has tied it up. Wow, five eighty nine.
Speaker 5: Jesus Wow.
Speaker 1: Ben three? Skin three, Chris.
Speaker 6: Then I'll take you out of this one. Okay, yep, Ben and Skin right down your wagers right here. It is a bag of pinot M and m's all right, a bag of penis M and ms. They will write down their wager. They will do it with pride. I don't know why I turned this into a time they will do it with glory. Okay, I got it written for the win. Yep, what do you do? You just looked at mine and I.
Speaker 3: Did two dollars and fifty two cents. Skin writes down two fifty two what had been?
Speaker 1: Write down?
Speaker 3: Ben writes down two seventy five. You've both overbid. I'm gonna need you to play again, Okay, okay, a bag of no you guys at the same time, a bag of peanuts, M and ms.
Speaker 1: How much does it cost these days? Okay? What do you write down?
Speaker 3: Been wrote down one sentence? I wrote ten cents cents and they are eight cents of back.
Speaker 1: Ben is yeah, damn it.
Speaker 3: Ben.
Speaker 1: Let's just go ahead and end the show.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: That was fun.
Speaker 3: Uh, good job, Kevin. You were useful today. I'll never forget the time you stared Dick Barker dead in his eye. You spun the wheel and you said.
Speaker 1: Believe nothing of what you hear, in half of what you see, and.
Speaker 3: It was incredible. That's gonna do it for us. Christine is going to stick around and play some tunes here on the eagle.
Speaker 7: Here you going, You're well, I'm gonna get my sock backed dude.
Speaker 1: God bless Jesus,