Speaker 1: Eddie Dragon, Eddie Dragon, Welcome to the other side of Midnight.
Speaker 2: Good evening, Walter. I have to tell you, are.
Speaker 1: We supposed to change your name daily or we use a different name every day?
Speaker 2: No, I just like when the repeats or when it's coming with my name was mispronounced. But you know, Walter, you can call me whatever you like as long as you call me on the other side of midnight. Now Eddie.
Speaker 1: Eddie's in New Mexico. It's part of the country you know nothing about. He's a broadcaster of note, he owns a radio station, something that I certainly don't John Katzimatidis, Margot Katsimatidis, they own radio stations, they own multiple radio stations. Fantastic owners. Are you as good as the Katsametides?
Speaker 2: Just read his book and I would probably say not, But I will always always aspire to be. We'll say it that way. You know. I couldn't help, like these these intros that come in and then that little thing that talks about I'm ready to freeze my eggs. I couldn't help but think, Walter, like, what's the mail side of that? And you know, if you hang a left on Lexington, the sperm Bank is tucked right beneath Zucker's bagel smoke Fish, Seeds of Peace and Happy Tuna on forty first in Lexington, So maybe we get a jingle for the local sperm bank as well.
Speaker 1: So I think you usually if you turn a left on Lexington you'll be in a head on collision. That would be my hunch.
Speaker 2: Oh is it a one way? I don't think it is, but maybe you're right.
Speaker 1: You're Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Please do not present yourself as not knowing that all the avenues are one way or the other in New York. What are you going to do next? Call it Houston Street?
Speaker 2: Probably? I might might might do that, you know. By the way, the Kate Martin, she looks like Amy klovishh You know, I'm not attracted her. I'm a Sophie Cunningham person. And that seems to be all talk radio is about these last couple of days. Is what's happening in WNBA. I had to look up with THEWNBA actually is. But you know, they're getting attention. It's like the new WWE out there and it's getting a lot of people talking about that stuff. But here on Tonight's show, Walter, we got to talk about.
Speaker 1: Eddie is Eddie is a expert on conspiracies and mysteries. You like mainline mysteries and conspiracies tonight your feature Tupac Shapur.
Speaker 2: Is that what you said, Tupac Shakur. Yeah, all right, we.
Speaker 1: Look forward to hearing this story Eddie. Go ahead, sir.
Speaker 2: You know it's late. People are driving home or they're laying in bed. This trial is finally coming to pass, and I want to take you back to this night, back in Las Vegas place I used to live, back in the day, but back to nineteen ninety six. That's how long ago this was. And now thirty years later, we now have a jury that's finally going to hear the story from a witness box instead of just you know, rap sheets, stuff that's promulgated on television. Tupac Shakur, twenty five years old, shot four times in a drive by a few blocks off the busiest street in America, that's the Las Vegas Strip. Dead just six days later, and for twenty seven years, nobody, no arrest, Walter, no trial, nothing, And that all changed three years ago in twenty twenty three, when Las Vegas police arrested a man named Dwayne Keith D. Davis, a former Compton Cripps leader. And get this, they arrested him because of things he'd already said out loud on camera. He said it in memoirs, podcasts, bragging for years now. Jury selection just started yesterday. Evidence starts August seventeenth. He's pleading not guilty. He's presumed innocent, right, keep that in your head. Well, the whole time that I'm talking about is because this case is stranger than fiction and has not yet been solved. It's murkier than any true crime that you get on dayline or anywhere else, because what we actually know what happened. We saw what happened because it's been repeated, but we haven't seen anything because there is no film, there's no cell phone video. TUPAC and death Row records. The boss of that was a manned by the name of sug Knight. They flew into Vegas that night to watch Mike Tyson, Remember we used to do that back in the day, knock out Bruce Selden in the first round. Leaving the MGM Grand Tupac's crew jumped a guy named Orlando Anderson, that's a Compton Crips member accused of jacking a death row chain just earlier that year. It's on surveillance day, but Tupac and Shakur through punches right by the elevators, kicking and punching. There is video of that. Hours later, they're rolling in a ten car convoy night driving Tupac Sugar in that black BMW when a white Cadillac pulls up at the red light on Flamingo and Coveal and somebody in a backseat opens fire. Seven shell casings will coover, no usable fingerprints in all this. Tupac hit four times, one collapses his lung, Knight grazed in the head. Tupac dies six days later, and his mother making the final call to take him off of life support. Now, now here's why this case has rotted for thirty years. And this isn't unique, by the way. It's not because there weren't leads. It's because none of these guys would actually talk about this Sugar night. He's the one man in that car who actually might have seen the shooter's face. Walter waited three days to even speak to police, Okay, and then he said I heard nothing or I heard something, heard anything, but I saw nothing. He told ABC News this year, I don't get paid to sell the homicides. That is still his answer nearly thirty years later. And it's darker than that because of the four men prosecutors say we're riding in that Cadillac, only the guy that's being prosecuted or on the stand, Keith D. Davis, is actually alive today. All the rest Orlando Anderson long presumed to be the actual shooter. He was the guy that was seeing being kicked on the ground by Tupac was gunned down in an unrelated shooting back in nineteen ninety eight, never charged. An investigator by the name of Greg Katting built a list of people to reinterview years later, and guess what, Nearly every single name on it turned out to be dead. So how did they ever charge anybody? It's because this idiot Keith de simply couldn't stop talking. He confessed his role in a federal task force back in two thousand and eight under a deal that legally protected him, but then he kept describing it anyway. Twenty eighteen documentary A twenty nineteen Vlad TV interview three point six million views, that TV interview had and then yeah, they came forward. And in his own memoir he comes forward yet again, something called Compton Street legend bragging. None of that was even protected in the Las Vegas sheriffs finally had to say, hey, we have it. We can arrest this man. Mister Davis's own words have reinvigorated our case. Now, you know, for the misfits out tonight, you know, I love a good conspiracy angle. In this case has three big ones. Thirty one East Coast retaliation, Biggie Small's Sean Combs financed the bounty on Tupac. Combs you know where he's at, just up the road, denied it forcefully calling it pure fiction. And all of Vegas police say he's never even been a suspect. And then there's a second one, rogue federal agents. Interesting, no corroboration. But theory three, and this is the one that I have thought about, probably the most, you know, you think about who was in the car. Sug Nut himself, death row records, He actually claimed he was the real target, pointed fingers as his ex wife, his own former security and he actually had an insurance policy on Tupac for thirty to fifty one million. No red evidence has ever backed that up, and people who were physically standing there that night have flat out rejected it. For the prosecution's real problem no weapon, no getaway car, no footage of the actual shootings in nineteen ninety six, the whole case rides on a man both sides admit has lied about his story before, and the judge has already ruled his memoir counts his own words. Prosecutors even found a polaroid matching a suit he described wearing that knight. So you compare this to Biggie's murder, also unsolved thirty years later. Jmaster Jay, you've got all the guys. It's the same case. In Tupac's case, one man finally couldn't stay quiet. Now we've got a trial coming forward. Whether that's enough to convict him, we will see Walter.
Speaker 1: Eddie Dragon from New Mexico, our expert on conspiracies and mysteries, great broadcaster, Thank you for being our friend.
Speaker 2: Eddie