Speaker 1: Well, this is an odd situation. As you are hearing me. I am in quebecley Teppe, Turkey on our first annual Earth Ancient Grand Turkey tour, but it's the first time we don it. Our host is Mohammad Imbrahem and two local archaeologists who are part of this Sabatur adventure. And so this is obviously pre recorded and you are hearing me from a week before. Any hell, how you doing. I hope things are okay today. We are revisiting Atlantis. When I say revisiting, the focus is on a lot of current literature, scientific discovery and actually some clue mystery clue information that is being handed down to us from would you believe the Old Man himself Plato and we are supporting and we are introducing a new documentary called The Atlantis Puzzle with the producer Jack Kelly. And I wasn't sure about this until I began looking at some of the footage. And by the way, this documentary is coming out shortly. It'll be out I think in the next few days, and it is you'll get the details when we do the interview. But over the last few years, there's been a number of new claims and new information on Atlantis being Africa and a social media influencer, a guy named Jimmy Corsetti, introduced a landform that he discovered through some satellite imagery and began posting this on his YouTube channel. Now, the site and we'll hear about this more today is based on research from a number of different Greek scholars and it actually shows what Plato described as concentric circles connected with a number of canals. And what I have seen in this documentary is a central canal, which is very very unusual. Now, now as you hear our guest today, he will direct you to some photographs that I will put up on our Facebook page and also a place where where you can actually see this video of the Atlantis puzzle. I'm not sure. I'm not sure. I have a lot of issues with this. It sure as heck looks like it when you see these photographs, it looks just like Plato's description. But the issue is that a number of people have gone down to this region of Africa and walked among these circular areas, but no ruins have been found. Very few, if any artifacts have been found, so it leaves us to consider. Now, it was there a tsunami that wiped this out, wiped out the city, wiped out the country, wiped out, whatever you want to call it. The other thing is Plato describes it as an island continent, and obviously if it's attached to Africa, that's a monstrosity. That's a huge, massive landform, and it's not an island, it's a continent. It's a huge continent. So lots of questions, lots to consider, but it is fascinating. Check out Jimmy Corsetti's YouTube page and see what you think, because he's actually been on Joe Rogan once or twice to try to validate this. But there's no way to validate it. And I think what we're getting is a geological formation. But I got to tell you that's my guess, that's a lot of other people's guests. But when you see the VET, when you see the satellite imagery, it is pretty shocking. And if there is excavations there, if there is the beginning of a consorted effort to move the landform to see or what would even be more beneficial is to use lightar. This fantastic, very powerful and still expensive scanning technique from a satellite or from a plane to scan some of these areas to see what is just under the surface. If they begin doing that, then the answer will be found immediately because you can't fool this technology. You'll uncover temples, buildings, and you know if it was truly Atlantis pyramids. So we had to wait and see when true technology is applied to this area in Africa. So we don't know. We don't know. But as you'll hear today, a lot of scholars believe that Plato's description of Atlantis has been misinterpreted and that the land of Atlantis is actually very very close to the Mediterranean and it is. There's a lot of clues that have been, as I mentioned, misinterpreted, so we don't know, we don't know what the story is. This is kind of an exciting program though, and as I mentioned, the documentary been in been in production for several years because they're looking to find the most up to date research and information to validate the claims that Atlanta's is in Africa. So today's program is the Atlantis Puzzle, and my guest is Jack Kelly. Hey, we're in the summer months right now, and people are thinking about getting away for a vacation. Perhaps you have time during the fall October November December for a one week getaway. Earth Ancients has one of the best tour groups around and we are going to be in Mexico for our Sacred Temples of the Yucatan Mexico November eighth through the seventeenth. We meet in Merida, the capital city of Yucatan, and we have a fantastic itinerary. Not only will we see the classic chichinitza ushmol Ek Balam and many of the smaller sites like Sail Labna and Mayapan, but we have selected sites that are perfect for climbing, for connecting with buildings, for meditating, an actual intention creation work on this tour. For more information and the full itinerary, go to Earthancients dot com forward slash tours and you'll see the banner from Mexico November eighth to the seventeenth. If you have any questions whatsoever, send me an email. Send it to Earth Ancients the number four the letter you at gmail dot com and I'll get right back to you. The Sacred Temples of Mexico is a unique tour because we have selected sites that you can actually connect with physically, mentally and spiritually earthengines dot com forward slash Tours. There is a new documentary that I had a chance to look at this month, and it is called The Atlantis Puzzle, and I'll have to tell you it's not only very well made, but it brings up a tremendous number of questions regarding where the island of Atlanta's was located and also a time period and also some other details. I have with me today the director and host Jack Kelly, to talk a little bit about this new documentary and to give us the details of this new release which is coming up in a few days. Hey, Jack, Welcome to Earth Ancients.
Speaker 2: Ciff.
Speaker 3: Thanks very much for having me. I'm pleased to be here.
Speaker 1: You're intrically involved in this. Talk a little bit about what was the spark that got you interested in actually presenting and developing this documentary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So The Atlantis Puzzle was a film that came about almost entirely through chance. So it's probably twenty nineteen. I'm on the Greek island of Santorini investigating Acriti, which is a wonderful site that was destroyed around sixteen hundred BC by an enormous volcanic eruption. And today you can go visit out Criteria and they've got a section of the ancient city that's been uncovered from probably about twenty or thirty feet of volcanic ash. And you know, this is a civilization. It was pretty advanced for the time related to the Minoans, we think, and you know, they had multi story buildings, they had toilets and plumbing, they had sewers. Really an incredible place. So I was there checking this out with my wife and we're staying in a hotel not too far away, and I think we're waiting for a taxi and there's a bookshelf in the lobby with a lot of like Greek history and tourism books and stuff, and my wife just suddenly kind of reaches, pulls one down and says, hey, you might find this interesting. And I look at it and it says the Atlantis Conference two thousand and eight, and I thought, what on earth is this? Because it's an academic conference that took place in Europe about the subject of Atlantis. And as far as I was aware, you know, this is just a Kakamami fringe theory thing. It's it's you know, ancient energy crystals and UFOs and this and that, and so you know, I hadn't brought hadn't brought any good reading material with me, which is which is an uncharacteristic occurrence. And so I'm sitting by the pool and I has to start flipping through this. A lot of it I thought was nonsense. But I just happened on two papers by this Greek researcher named George Serantidius. And George is based in Athens. He's an incredible, incredible thinker, extremely well read, very interesting guy. And he was talking about the theory which has subsequently become kind of popular on social media. Of that there were shots structure was somehow related to Atlantis, and it might be in West Africa and so forth. And I think, I think what struck me about George is that, you know, I studied the classics, you know, history, language literature at Yale, so I have a pretty good grounding in the classics. And so as I was reading his stuff, I said, okay, yeah, this is right, all right, this is true, Okay Plato this yeah, okay, that's right. He did write that, And and I thought, my god, you know, this guy has finally cracked this mystery, and that's what the film is pretty much about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really in many parts of this very beautiful and a lot of it's very detail. You will talk about George here in a minute, but making a documentary requires a tremendous amount of research and work. Was that your contribution? Did you developed the screenplay for the actual documentary and talk a little bit about you mentioned George, but also the other components that make up this documentary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, so this is anytime you're you're looking to make a film, it's it's a challenge, right, And if you go back and watch the kind of the extra features on a lot of movies and the making of type of things, there's always people saying, you know, we didn't have enough time, we didn't have enough money, and this happened, and then you know, Harrison Ford got sick, and then you know so and so broke their leg, and you know, all these kind of things happened. So when you're when you're doing a research for a film, especially a documentary, you have to be really careful. Because I was very taken in by George's ideas, but then I thought, okay, we really got to fact check this stuff because it's almost like when you get a really good opportunity, you don't want to blow it. So I thought this might I might have in my in my hands possibly you know, maybe eighty five percent of the solution to this ancient mystery.
Speaker 2: I have to do justice to this.
Speaker 3: So this is reflected in the film where we go back and we look at well through most of human history before writing, people communicated orally, and they communicated through story, and they communicated through myth, So what's myth all about? And then we also took a look at what's Serenttitous's theory? How do you get around to that? And you know, I'll call it a passing familiarity with ancient Greek. I say Latin in college, but it's you know, the grammar is not too dissimilar. So I can read a little bit of ancient Greek and I can look up stuff that I don't know. So the other thing, there's other major pieces, right, because what we do in the film is we go through and we examine what are the stated elements of the atlant to Smith in which takes place in two books written by Plato, the Tomatos and the critius, and then we look at what's implied, right, what are the implications? What are we reading between the lines?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: If I say, you know, Cliff flew across the country, the implication is that Cliff has some means of air transportation at its disposal, Right, So you have to really look into that and think and think pretty carefully. And then you know. The last component is the philosophy of Plato. And this is where I think a lot of almost every theory that I encounter about stuff like Atlantis or other kind of ancient mysteries seems to fall flat because a lot of these people don't speak ancient Greek, they don't know what the original writing says. They're not well versed in history, so they don't see the analogies.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's like the Wizard of Oz was supposedly, you know, had a parable connection with the gold Standard, and I forget if it was William Jennings Bryan or who it was, But if you didn't know that, or if you didn't been taking American history, you just think it was this nice story about a ten man, a lion, and a nice girl, and you know, all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly Serenttetis comes off as a scholar. You don't identify him as a scholar, but what he contributes to this whole journey is pretty substantial. He is taking the original Greek writing of Plato and in many ways saying that Plato meant a whole different objective. Talk a little bit about that, and this is a very very core part of this documentary is this reinterpretation of these two documents that identify Atlantis.
Speaker 3: Right, And this is one of the most exciting parts of this story to me. Is George, you know, is educated as an engineer.
Speaker 2: He is Greek.
Speaker 3: He speaks ancient Greek, and he learned it, you know, growing up in school. So you know, he is a very logical guy. So I think for George, he was also a guy who really loved the classics, and I think it disturbed him or can perplexed him. I'll say that Plato, who's a master logician, right, would be writing what a lot of people think is a fairy tale, right or in academia they say, well, you know, it's a sort of simple allegory. The Atlantians were bad, they committed wars, and so the god has destroyed them because they had Hubris, right. I mean, that's that's very basic. The thing I would like to challenge both the academics and for theorists on is you got to remember who you're dealing with here. This is not just some guy. He's not an archaeologist, he's not a historian. He's one of maybe the half dozen greatest philosophers in the history of the human race. The danger is you and I think we know better than Plato. And that is where a lot of people got caught up. George, I think took the opposite tech. He said, I'm not getting something here. Maybe it's not Plato who's wrong. Maybe it's me and other people. So when Serantitis went back to look at this myth and he's very interested in mythology, and I'll give you just a quick sidebar cliff that I think will appeal to people. So here's an example of Sarantidus's work, his amateur work. He's an amateur scholar. Right, I'll say he's a professional engineer, so deeply logical guy. He's a sailor. He you know, has a home out on one of the Greek islands. Right, he lives in Athens. He sails back and forth. So in the Odyssey, there's a part which is which was written by Folmer. For those who don't know, it's one of the two major epics of the ancient Greek world. Deals with the Greek hero Odysseus trying to get back home from the Trojan War. And the Trojan War probably took place around you know, eleven fifty twelve hundred BC. So Odysseus is trying to get home. He has a son named Telemachus, and Telemachus is out sailing around kind of the Ionian Sea.
Speaker 2: Well, in the.
Speaker 3: Odyssey it mentions that some bad guys are hiding behind a star shaped island and they're going to ambush Telemachus when he's on his way home. Here's the thing. George got a home in the Ionian islands. He's sailed all over. Guess what, look at any map. There's no star shaped island. So this is the kind of thing that's stuck in George's cry. He's like, wait a minute, was Homer just you know on crack? I mean, why does he say there was a star shaped island here? So he refused to accept that either, you know that it was clear, So what he went wound up doing is going back and looking at surveys, underwater surveys of the Ionian Archipelago, and he realized they're doing some research that the sea level was a little bit lower in the Bronze Age. And sure enough, there's a rocky promontory off the coast of Kefalonia that looks star shaped on these nautical charts. So if the sea level was like three four meters lower, which guess what it was, this would have been a perfect little mini island to hide behind.
Speaker 2: Case closed.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I give this example because I want to explain what kind of a thinker you're dealing with dealing with here. So now let's fast forward. George is now tackling Plato, right, and he says, so, once again, something's just not right here. What's up with this fantasy? There was no there. We don't think there was any sunken conton in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Plate tectonics doesn't support this idea. See, you know, all this kind of stuff. So he goes back and he starts rereading modern Greek and modern English translations that should be the best and most reputable. And one of the first things he stumbled on was it says Atlantis. You know, to get there, you got to go out into the Atlantic Ocean. And this just smacked him in the forehead because he also had the ancient text and he can read it, and he says, wait a minute, he looked up that section. He says, that's not what it says. It doesn't say Okeanos. And the Greeks knew what an ocean was, right, And there's very solid evidence I could go into that they knew all about the Atlantic Ocean. And in the Greek thinking, Europe, Asia and Africa is that sort of the known world and the ocean was sort of the waters around that, right. What what was so incredible and and the guy almost had to kind of like wipe his eyes, is that for hundreds of years this story has been getting translated as it was a place out in the Atlantic Ocean. It says Atlantic Pelagos, and a Pelagos cliff is the same word that modern Greeks used to describe the Aegean sea. It's the Aegean Pelagos. The Ionian sea is the Ionian Pelagos. It's a type of sea partially enclosed by land and islands. That's what it means. And it meant had the same meaning back then. You want to contrast this to the Black Sea. You've probably seen some old maps. It's called the euxinos pontos, right, uh, euphony or eudaemonia eu is like a positive thing Zeno's stranger. Euxinos pontos meant like the pontos se that is friendly to strangers, because the Greeks had a lot of trading relationships there in the Black See. Contrasts that when the Mediterranean, which was known to the ancient Greeks as a thalasa like a quite large see, and then you have Okeanos.
Speaker 2: So Plato.
Speaker 3: This is the other thing piece I think people miss is if Plato's a master wordsmith. He is extremely particular about the words that he uses, and he's even he even wrote, I think it's a Cretillius, an entire book about the etymology of words and language. So what people I think are missing is you know, some guy two hundred years ago reads this and he's like, oh, Atlantic Sea, Well he must mean the Atlantic Ocean, because I you know, Humphrey Witherspoon the fourth had never heard of, you know, in Atlantic Sea, so that must be it. This is the danger right there, Cliff, where we assume that we know and we assume that the guy who broke it didn't know what the heck he was talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the the beauty of Titos's work is that, for some reason Plato's books were I don't want to say bastardized, but were made to made more palatable to Western culture. And when you take these classics and reinterpret them, I think this is where the problem is and I think this is where George really comes through quite strongly in this documentary, is that we've been looking in the wrong place and the entire book is truly a teaching tool for I guess, either Plato's students or for the reader in general. And actually George needs to have his own documentary on his interna his interpretation simply because he really clarifies so much. Talk a little bit about you just gave us some hints about it, but repositioning Atlanta's from the Atlantic Ocean to part of the northern African coast.
Speaker 3: Sure, and there's just a slight hint I want to drop in here before we go on. I actually have this book sitting right over here. Plato's known for being a dual writer, and that means which was for sort of the common person, and esoteric, which is for god, let's say guys like Aristotle. Right, So if you're at like Aristotle level, you're going to get a whole lot more out of a Plato story. Probably just like the people reading The Wizard of Oz who were familiar with history and what was going on at the time, took something away about the gold Standard, and kids watching it are like, oh, look at the cowardly lion. You know, he gets brave. So that's a multi layered story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he embellished and he embellished. And this is something that I got from this is that this is a very Plato's brilliant. He's extremely bright. I mean, if they probably if he tested his IQ, it'd probably be off the chart. But also the people that he was writing for were also extremely bright. So there's a real drop off when you get to Ignis, Donnelly and these other Atlantean researchers. They're they're they're really falling all over the place, aren't they.
Speaker 3: They're sort of they missed the boat. And then I've got this. I just wanted to show this book here, which I would like to recommend everybody. It's called Philosophy between the lines. I'm not getting any kickbacks. It's by professor named Arthur Meltzer who recently retired, and it's about the history of esoteric philosophy. And basically what Meltzer talks about is, look, until about two hundred years ago, esoteric philosophy was like a non controversial thing. Everyone assumed that philosophers and thinkers were writing on kind of multi multiple levels, right, And in the last couple of hundred years, maybe post Enlightenment, everyone's just like, oh, it says this, that's what it means, right, right, And and nuance and subtlety have been lost. And I think that's also a hallmark of our modern discourse, where subtlety and irony and things like that, you're gonna you're gonna get canceled, you're gonna get thrown out people. People seem to have missed somehow we've we've taken a step back in our thinking, which is that's a whole nother subject. But yeah, yeah, So let's talk about Ignatius Donale because this guy was really this guy was like the pioneer. He was the sort of I don't know what you want to call him like the George Washington of Atlantis research, right, And Donnelly was a member of the US Congress. His book came out in eighteen eighty two, and I think it's called something like Atlantis the Antediluvian World exactly. And a lot of people today bust Donale's chops and they're like, this guy was a dope, Like he was a white supremacist, he was this, he was that. Actually, I've read part of his book. He's he's extremely intelligent guy, and he's covering an incredible array of information. But when was he writing eighteen eighty two?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Us, what that was right about the same time Flinders Peatree was starting modern archaeology, Right, we had very little knowledge about the archaeological record. Okay, so that's point A. Point B, Well, what else was going at this time? You might remember Troy in my scene I had just been discovered right right about that time. So there's this euphoria of this idea that ancient civilizations that had kind of disappeared and were sort of thought to be mythic.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Heinrich Schleman goes and starts digging over in Turkey, kind of near where it sounds like Troy was and guess what he finds, Troy, that's one of the most shocking things. And we forget that, we forget that people thought that that was just just a myth, right, and there it is. So this is this ufour and I think that Donnelly got pretty jacked up about this, and he writes this book where he's trying to suggest again what's he reading. He's reading Atlantic Ocean. He's thinking, there's this continent that sank in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and clearly it must have spawned high civilization like the Mayans and the Aztecs, and it must have spawned the Egyptians and maybe I don't know, Sumerians or Assyrians or stuff like that. Why the grasp of the chronology of history wasn't real concrete then, And you can go back out just rereading one of Flinders Petrie's books, nobody pee. People didn't know what the timeline was, right. A lot of people were still relying on kind of like biblical chronology. There was a lot of ideas about a great flood, and so this all kind of if you look at him in this context, it all fits together. I also want to point out that the theory of plate tectonics did not become widely scientifically accepted globally until like the fifties and sixties. And you can look this up, like, there was a guy, I think in the around World War One or the nineteen twenty thirties who had the idea of plate tectonics.
Speaker 2: Do you know what happened to him?
Speaker 3: Cliff he was He was laughed out of academia, his reputation was destroyed. But guess what fifty years later, Oh yeah, he was right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, common knowledge.
Speaker 3: Common knowledge, right, I'd ask a kid, Oh yeah, we learned it in fifth grade class.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So this is the other thing I want to point out about knowledge is that once something's been established or proven, it becomes accessible to everybody. But it's very different to it's like what's possible, what's probable, what's provable? Right, So when you're first trying to prove something, there's like this quite hot, burned and proof, and then you know, I think one of the problems of modern society is we imagine that because we have iPhones in our pockets and we are driving around in cars and flying around in airplanes, we are the most advanced people who have ever existed in the face of this earth. And the thing I say to people, and one of the reasons I love history, is I say, look, if you're not a better logician than Aristotle, if you are not a better historian than Lucidides, if you're not a better poet than Sappho or storyteller than Homer, perhaps you too have something to learn from the ancient world.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. Yeah, Yeah, that's great. I want to talk a little bit about the dating, because he in this documentary you suggests this civilization existing around the Holiestine period or the Holocene era twelve thousand years and before that. And how did he come up with that timeline, which is I mean, this is what Plato talks about five hundred years ago, but there's a lot of interesting interactions with a potential earth ending catastrophe around that time. That really isn't discussing your documentary, But here on Earth ancients is a huge topic because we believe there's advanced civilizations prior to that or before the Holesne period. Talk a little bit about his unveiling kind of a kind of a timeline. You're not really hard, You're not showing hard evidence of it, but you do give some good, you know, documentary material for that.
Speaker 3: Sure. Well, this is one of the most bizarre coincidences in this story, right, is that you know the original story just for people who aren't familiar. Let's let's set the stage. Tomaus and Critias, written by Plato probably about twenty four hundred years ago, so you know, fourth century BBC, Athens. The dramatic setting of these dialogues is he got four guys sitting around talking in Athens, right, One guy's Socrates, and there's three other guys. There's Critias, there's Timaeus, and there's a guy named Hermocrates. Right, we'll come back to that because there's some nuance there. Basically, what happens is the character Crittius says, you know, Socrates, you were giving such a great speech yesterday. You made me realize that what you were talking about reminded me this story I heard from my grandfather. His name was also Crittius. Prittias heard the story from his dad, whose name was Dropodes, and Dropods was friends.
Speaker 2: With Solon, who was sort of this.
Speaker 3: You know, a historical figure who was a lawgiver in Athens set up the Athenian Constitution and so forth, probably around six hundred BC. Right, So Critias says, look, I remember this story. I got a jog my memory, and then I'll tell you the story, like you know, after Timaeus gives his speech, right, I'll give you I'll give you mine. And so the Tomayis goes on to be this whole dialogue by the character Tomaus where he's talking about the creation of the universe and the creation of humanity. And then the next book, which is viewed as the sequel, is called Critias. And in Critias, the character Critias starts going through this whole story about Atlantis, right, and that book is sort of cut off mid sentence as if it sort of was just getting going into the good stuff.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So this has been a mystery for a long time. And the story that Critias spins, he said, hey, look, soon after he set up the Athenian Constitution, this is one of my favorite parts.
Speaker 2: Most people don't know.
Speaker 3: He left town so that no one could hassle him about trying to change the laws he had just set up for everybody. So he left the city for ten years, and he went and traveled around the Mediterranean and One of the places he visits is Egypt, the Egyptian Nile Delta. So he's at the Temple of Seiss, which is a real place and today is now in ruins. It's kind of sunken into the delta. There's not much there. And he talks with the priests there, and he's very keen because the ancient Greeks saw the Egyptians as an older culture. They knew that they had been around for a long time, and if anyone knew anything, it was sure to be the Egyptians.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Basically, Solon gets into this dialogue with the priest there and he's pretty excited because he's like, Okay, I'm going to get some knowledge here. So he starts drawing them out into conversation about the ancient pass and he's like, listen, let me tell you what the Greeks now. Well, we know this, and then we know this, and we know the Iliod happened, and then we know before that, you know, Heracles and theseus were around fighting minotaurs and stuff like that, and before that, you know, there was this flood, the couple of great floods, one of which is the flood of Decalion, and you know, everything kind of got started over the and that's and I think it was about this long ago. And the Egyptians just kind of laugh at them, and they just make fun of They say, listen, sol On, I'm sorry, but you Greeks are dopes, you know, we Egyptian you guys. Here's why, because your civilization, every time you get to a high peak something, there's some disaster inevitably, right, whether it's natural or war or climate change, whatever it is, and you guys, you guys kind of go back to the to the beginning.
Speaker 2: You have to start all over again.
Speaker 3: And that's why you guys have no idea about the ancient past. Your your chronology only goes back a couple thousand years. Mine here in Egypt goes back, you know, as far as any as far as humanity can remember. And we have the reason for that is we have all those records written down in our temples and we keep them safe. And also here in Egypt, we're not subject to massive floods and wildfires.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We know the Nile is going to flood every year. It's predictable. We've built our buildings in accordance with that. We know what's up and so we have stability. That's another key idea, right, And this speaks to what you're talking about about sudden climate driven disaster, possibly by some comets or meteorites that kind of struck the northern hemisphere, caused some massive glacial lay outburst flooding, and the sea level rose, you know what, about one hundred and twenty meters over the last ten thousand years. Right, So humanity has always been a shore dwelling people, and there's more and more evidence for that, and so you can imagine how this would have been problematic and it would have eliminated a lot of a lot of civilization along continental shelves. And we know that this took place in places like Sunderland and Shul and even Doggerland a little bit later in northern Europe. Right, there are places that are underwater and we know people were living there. Right, So it's very straightforward. So this story is backed up by what we know actually took place.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of floods. There weren't great cataclysms or you know, call it fire from heaven, whatever you want to call it. And but the Egyptians say, we know, we know better, we know everything that happened. And I'm going to tell you a story just to show how much smarter or how how much more wiser we are than you. I'm going to tell you a story about your own ancestors that you don't even know. And it happened nine thousand years ago, and it was a war against the Atlanteans. And you guys, the post call them the proto Athenians. Your ancestors defeated these these guys. And Solon's mind is blown, and then he just wants to hear the whole story.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So what's remarkable about this is a a deep time recognition of cataclysms right within you know, the classical era. So people, again, these people were not stupid, right, they can look out and say a flood happened here. Greece is a very mountainous place with a lot of retigenous canyons, and you can imagine when there's a lot of storms. And I lived in Greece for a year during recent search for this film. You see a lot of flooding, right, I mean, it happens and the channels get carved out and a lot of water comes down, and you know, some of these can be a little bit dangerous. So the Greeks were used to flooding, and they must have also been aware of wildfires or potential you.
Speaker 2: Know, other disasters.
Speaker 3: So this what's just super interesting about this is it seems to line up literally almost exactly with the dawn of what we recognize today is the Holest Scene era. And the holest Scene is a period that started around ninety six hundred BCE down to the present day. And it's just a sort of geological epoch that kind of matches up with the advent of widespread farming cities, you know, stuff like that. Right, So this is this is the setting for the Atlantis Smith, and it's just this sort of remarkable coincidence. Why did he set the story nine thousand years before Solon's time? Was there some was he was he making a ballpark figure or were there actual stories and myths? And Plato just kind of did some calculation or some estimating. Was he a better estimator than Solon? And he said, ah, maybe that's about nine thousand cheers. You know, how did he know or how how did he How would he have figured this out right? Or was he just guessing? Was he setting it so far in the ancient past to make it impossible for anybody to prove or disprove his story.
Speaker 1: Taking a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will returned shortly with my guest today, Jack Kelly, discussing his new documentary, The Atlantis Puzzle. Will be right back. My guest today is producer Jack Kelly, who has developed and is about to release a new documentary called The Atlantis Puzzle, where he believes that the fabled continent is Africa itself. You know, one of the things that I was curious about is that you don't simply discuss Atlantis is a myth. You bring in current satellite imagery and geological reference to this northern African site that is a mega lake, I guess you're calling it. And this these images have been circulating the internet now for probably I want to say, four or five years, and all kinds of claims have been made about them. Talk a little bit about this this geological site and how I think it seems. And I didn't watch the entire documentary, but your your guest, your your main figure, Serantetus is a little mift that he's not getting the credit for this, but that's important if he's was if he one of the main figures that discovered this site through satellite imagery, or was he one of the early adapters or excuse me, adopters of this potential site of Atlantis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is this herein lies a whole can of worms, right, a cliff so exactly.
Speaker 1: But that's what makes the documentary so fascinating is this early research, this ability to see the Earth from a satellite's perspective, and then the ramifications of the features geological features that fit the story that Plato presents.
Speaker 3: And this is one of the most remarkable aspects of the story. Is and I think it speaks to our modern compartmentalization of knowledge.
Speaker 2: And what I mean by that is.
Speaker 3: Very few people go to school and get a degree in everything. Right, So you go as somebody who knows a lot about chemistry doesn't know crap about history.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: And I was at dinner party the other night and I was talking to an astronomer who works up at Los Alamos Laboratories. Extremely intelligent guy, knew a lot about certain things about history, knew absolutely nothing about other things. He could say the same thing about me. Wow, gee, Jack knows a lot about the ancient world. He doesn't know crap about galaxies and their formation physics. Right, Well, he's right, I don't know that. So I think that this is one of the challenges when trying to do this is that the people who understand. One of the things we look at is what was the real world? What did the real world.
Speaker 2: Look like in ninety six hundred BC?
Speaker 3: Right, because we're not dealing with Once you get the fantasy out of the way, Cliff, now we can get into the real juicinesses. Right, take away the nonsense. Let's get down to questions about well what did this world look like?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: And Serentiedis sets the story and is the spoiler in West Africa, Northwest Africa. The way he did this though, was he wasn't looking at maps. He was reading the story and he was kind of creating a schematic diagram of what the continent of Atlantis, the island of Atlantis, and the circular island city of Atlantis, three different islands. What did those look like schematically? Then he looked at this schematic diagram, he said, where am I going to find a place like this? So he first started with the Platonic story extremely carefully read it, and there is, by the way, a ton of geometry and geography and directional orientation in the story. Let me ask you a question, if you're telling your kids or your grandkid's bedtime story, do you throw in like two pages worth of like geometry calculations and dimensional and analysis.
Speaker 1: I mean, when I saw that, I was blown away that he was able to extract that from the passages. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, they're written in a very confusing way. Again, you really got to pay attention to the grammar. But basically what Serentetis came up with is like, look, there was an island continent. There's a sort of pointy island shaped land mass in the middle of it, and within that there's a place called the center of all, which is located in this ringed kind of concentric ring capital city. So this is the geography of Atlantis, right, And the length of the island continent is supposed to be longer than Libya and Asia together.
Speaker 2: I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Drop something else here that's almost word for word from Greek his story and named Herodotus when he describes the length of Europe. When was he writing a generation right before Plato. So Herodotus is known as or Herodotus is known as the father of History. And I read him in college, and I've read him recently. I've read multiple translations. George knew all this stuff. So he went back and he said, well, wait a minute, let's see what the other sources around Plato's time were saying. Right, maybe I can pick up some clues. So the clues basically that he figured out led him to say, Aha, look this matches up with western Africa. It's not a fantasy place. It's on the you know, it's a real map. George was so. So if he George was right right in the center of the continent, right from kind of north to south, there should be a set of concentric rings about thirty five or forty kilometers across. Guess what there are. And that's the place people call the eye of Africa. And it's also known as the Rashot structure, which is the rings set into the a drar plateau. And the modern country is called Mauritania. It's in western Africa, borders the Atlantic Ocean. So this suddenly, by the way, Sarantetius did something that most other people wouldn't do. In two thousand and eight, he charted a plane, went down there, got a group of guys together, went out into the desert with altimeters and engineering equipment because again he's a professional engineer, and he meketured the altitude of all the different rings and like mapped this out to try and create a physical representation. Today we'd probably use some more advanced tech. But remember this is almost twenty years ago. So he went there, put his money where his mouth was, mapped this out, and he said, my god, it matches up. Here's where the story And I don't want to besmirch any but who's not here to defend themselves. But there was a movie made a few years after that called Visiting Atlantis where this guy said that he just figured it out by scrolling through like satellite imagery. Okay, well maybe. And then there is guys on YouTube who are putting out all kinds of stuff that makes me want to tear my hair out because they're like, oh, was there a massive continent sweeping flood ten thousand, you know whatever, eleven six hundred years ago, maybe the oceans were hundreds of meters higher. I'm like, hell, you've obviously not read a single shred of climate science because the sea levels were lower, you know, I mean it just it boggles my mind. And a tsunami cannot sink a continent, right, And this is another thing that bothered Serantetius. He went back and looked really carefully at the grammar and Georgie's read based on you know, a couple key words in the Greek languages, that it's not saying that the island in this sank. It's saying something more like the ring capital city flooded, and the Greek army in the myth that went out there to fight the Atlanteans took the fight all the way to their capital city was covered by the earth, which he interprets as liquefaction due to an earthquake and you know, a storm, right, And you can see this if you want to look up something awful. Paulu, Indonesia at a horrible earthquake a few years back, where entire masses of the landscape were like sliding around, like you know, what's a good analogy, like a piece of ice on a panful of oil. You know that the landscape was sliding around, and a lot of people were swallowed up by the earth and died. So that's that's the interpretation. So one of the things. Sorry if I'm getting a little off base, but you know, I went so I wanted to say, okay, well, is the way that the natural disasters that may have taken place around the Rashot ninety six hundred BC is there any is there possibility this could be legit? Because when you take away the fantasy right sinking continent in the ocean, and you replace it with a city that flooded, well, I mean we know cities flood, right, I mean Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. I mean that's not a controversial thing, right. Floods happen, and they can happen to cities. So if there was some kind of settlement in ninety six hundred BCE in the Reshot area, how might it have been destroyed?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So I went to talk to an earthquake expert, doctor Scott Ashford at Oregon State University, and I talked to him about Sarantius his theory. I said, look, is the way that Plato describes these things realistic? And I was not totally surprised when he said, yeah, this is this sounds this sounds like it could be realistic. You look at the a drar plateau, which you know there were shots this sort of circular thing, and it's like there's sort of this rhombus shaped plateau around it, right, So any runoff of water would be pouring in from three sides. That right there means there's going to be a lot of water in this area. Freshwater fossils indicate that at the dawn of the hole scene there was a lot of water here, probably in these rings and stone tools demonstrate that people were living there. Right now, what we don't see cliff is a massive, massive, forty kilometer city like the one described in the myth.
Speaker 1: So the next question is what artifacts are there? But and it's yeah, I don't want to give away the documentary. We we reveal it at the end.
Speaker 3: Watched Atlanta Puzzle dot Com. You gotta check it out. Yeah, yeah, But I don't mind talking about this because you know, one of the things that you know I lived, you know, in my earlier years, I lived in South Korea for a year and I was I was about twenty three, and I lived in a city in the hinterland called Daegu, and Daegu surrounded by three sides, three sides by mountains, and guess what they got a problem with the runoff and flooding and when it rains. Okay, And so this is exactly the kind of dynamic you could have imagined. So if there were African monsoons, which there are seasonally, and we know the monsoon belt was further north, right, that's what led to the whole Green Sahara period. For those who don't know North Africa what's today, the Sahara desert was more like a savannah with even forest you.
Speaker 1: Mentioned that was much greener and much more lush and obviously fertile for sustaining civilization.
Speaker 3: Correct, And this you can corroborate all this stuff with Plato's text. He says elephants were living there and they were all kind of creatures living in streams and rivers and lakes. Well, does that sound like the Sahara desert. So this was one of my first problems, and I was surprised to learn about the Green Sahara. This is a non controversial thing. This is not a fringe theory, This is fact. Every twenty thousand years or so, the Sahara through cyclic changes in the ear with sorbid and the tilt of the axis and all this stuff. These climate changes add up and it gets warmer, and the monsoon belt pushes north and the Mediterranean monsoon belt pushes south. What's that mean? Tons of water in an otherwise dry and arid place. And what's surprising is kind of how quickly, you know, within a few hundred maybe a thousand years, the place totally transforms and it looks like more like you might imagine going on like a Safarian Kenya or something. There's a sort of savannah with some trees and zebras and drafts running around and elephants and things like that. So this is one of the other keys where this kind of corroborates the story. Well, elephants, where are you gonna find elephants in you know, in the ancient world? Well, North Africa had them, right For example. I don't know if people are familiar, but Hannibal when he fought the Romans, brought war elephants over from North Africa to fight the Romans. Where was Hannibal based Carthage, that's modern day Tunisia, which is in North Africa. So we know that even down to historical times elephants were living in this area. So anyway, long story short, Sarantiious's geography really matches up. There are one or two points where I think it's still ambiguous, right, Like this is not this is not a case where you can conclusively say everything's true or everything's false.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We're dealing with a mythological thing. We're dealing with a story, and we're dealing with a story nine thousand years after the fact, right, So I think it's to be expected that some of the details you know are going to be invented or modified, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I do want to just stop you for a moment because in this documentary, Serentitius does point out what looks like a canal that is at the most furthest ring that would allow ships to come through and connect. And I don't remember if he said he believes it was a man made canal, but it's big enough and supportive enough of you know, ship flow. So that's pretty substantial.
Speaker 3: Well, so this is when the things where you get into ambiguity, now, Cliff, because so if you look at the physical place of the shot, it looks almost exactly plus or minus a few percentage points like the ring capital city described in the Atlantism.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 3: The stone tools that have been found there, so it doesn't it doesn't match up. And the civilization Plato describes sounds a heck of a lot like you know, a Minoan, Mycenaean, Archaic, or even classical Greek civilization.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They have metals, they have ships, they have armies, they have chariots, and you and I know that those things don't appear in the archaeological record. I'll come back to that until later. So one of the things I want to say here is that we can't assume that everything in the story is intended to be true, nor can we assume that everything in the story is intended to be fairytale or false. So it's up to us as the reader to use our brains and not just say, well, Plato said it. Plato didn't say anything right. He didn't get on the phone with me and say, yo, Jack, I got this hot tip, like check out West Africa. It's true he has He's created a dramatic story where characters are talking about this stuff. Remember I mentioned the characters, and I wanted to come back to that. Plato loves to play around with stuff. So if you look at who those characters were, all of a sudden, it's just like smacks you in the forehead. He's playing with you as the reader. He's laid little puzzles. He's created ambiguity. Why what was Plato's day job? He was the headmaster of a place called the Academy, which was that institution of higher learning. Right, it was the precursor of the modern university. Who was studying there the best and brightest degrees?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: What do you think these guys were going to get out of a story that was either all true or all false? I'll tell you why nothing? Because when you think a story is all true or all false, what happens? Your brain just turns off. You're like, I know the answer. Plato's known for his puzzles, for his riddles, and for laying out complex ideas and subtle degrees of meaning. When you go back there, look at who the characters are. You got Socrates. Socrates is normally questioning everybody about everything, and these other other Platonic books, And I've read about half of Plato's dialogues. Here he doesn't say, he doesn't question much. He just kind of shuts up and listens, well, why that's weird to Meeus, what's he up to? Well, we don't know much about him, but he's portrayed as sort of a philosopher and an astronomer, a wise man who knew those things. But Tomaus also says something at the end of Tomais, he says something like, well, no sane man would believe that the things I've said are exactly as I've said them, but I do believe the belief is noble that this or something like it took place.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So again he's pointing out there's a lot of ambiguity when you're dealing with a deep past. And then you got Critius. Well, the real Critius was like Plato's second cousin, right, it was like his cousin's uncle. Who was that guy. He was one of the leaders of the thirty tyrants who staged this kind of coup with the aid of the Spartan military and took over Athens and had something I would aiken to the reign of terror in France right at killing people left and right right, And Plato lived through these times. Right now, this guy Critius doesn't seem like a terrible tyrant right. He seems like a pretty educated, smart, reasonable guy. So what's going on here? It's not exactly the Crittius that we know from history. Last guy, Hermocrates. What's this guy's deal? Well, i'll tell you. During Plato's lifetime, it was the worst civil war in Greek history, the Peloponnesian War, and it was horrific between the Athenians and their buddies, the Spartans and their buddies, major clash.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: This war lasted on and off, you know, probably thirty thirty five years. Plato himself probably had military service during this time, so he grew up with this as a kid, in an adolescent. There was a brief piece and then the war broke out again. Okay, you go back and read the myth and sorry, of this is a bit of a diatribe. But once you start looking, you start seeing parallels to actual historical events. Right, So readers would have picked right up on this, right because the war had just happened. It's a bit like us with World War Two.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You see a sci fi movie where the bad guys are based in Central Europe and the good guys are coming in from the UK. What do you think of what you think of World War two, Right, So in this case, the Peloponnesian was fought in two phases. One phase, the Spartans and their allies kind of attacked. The Athenians are on the defensive. Cliff guess what go back read the Atlanta Smith. The Atlanteans are on the attack. They sweep across North Africa and they attack up to the center of Italy and the western Mediterranean. They're on the attack. The Athenians, the Proto Athenians are on the defensive. What happens next? The Proto Athenians fight them off, liberate everybody, and they go on the They go on the attack. Now they drive the Atlantean forces all the way back to the ring capital st and there's this huge battle, and then everybody's wiped out by this earthquake in this flood. Well, guess what happened in the second phase of the real Peloponnesian War. The Athenians got aggressive and they went after Syracuse, which is in Italy Sicily by sea right same direction, and guess what happened there? A horrific loss where the entire Athenian army got captured slash either killed or sold into slavery. In fact, they even kept these guys as prisoners in an old quarry. Does that sound like getting swallowed up by.
Speaker 2: The earth to you?
Speaker 1: I was like it, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what I guess I'm trying to say is there's a lot of layers to this story, and the deeper you go, the more wonderful stuff starts to come out of this.
Speaker 1: So the the thing about this is that you only can give us so much in what is in an hour and twenty minute documentary, And what you're telling me is the behind this production value that we're not able to really get gain from visual interpretation that you provide. Again, we're talking about the Atlantis Puzzle. It's coming out in early August. Tell us a little bit about how people can see it. What's it going to be shown on?
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, so you can check out atlantispuzzle dot Com. Will have all the links up there for all the different places.
Speaker 2: Good we're going to be.
Speaker 3: Launching on Amazon worldwide hopefully in early August. We're still waiting for our actual release date, and we'll have that ready for you to have in the show notes, and we'll be then gradually rolling out on other streaming platforms like Google Play and to b and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Are you motivated? I mean it sounds like you're taking us the viewer up to a certain point and providing a lot of good geological as well as intellectual info. But is there a part two to this that you're working on or are you done with it? And you're kind of like, Okay, I think I need to go somewhere else. I needed I need part too. Well.
Speaker 3: I tell I tell my wife to always remind me never to make another movie again, because this was a this was an ordeal. I mean, we shot during the pandemic, and I mean everything went wrong. You could possibly imagine. I don't want to bore people with it, but.
Speaker 1: No, no, you just said it was shot during the pandemic. Codd made life hell for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was real difficult, but one of the fascinating things that came out of this. And I'm going to be working on the potential news series of ancient mystery type stories, but focused on I'm going to call them real ancient mysteries. Right, So Atlantis is a real story and it's a real mystery. What happened during the research for this Cliff, and I think this will really appeal to your audience. We found out some things are not true, right, some things in the myth don't seem to be true. However, shockingly, some of the craziest things do seem to be true. And one exam and an example I'm going to give about that it's ancient seafaring. This blew my damn mind. Right, I thought maybe the Egyptians or somebody in the Middle East had the earliest boats around three or four thousand BC. Right, I mean that's kind of what you read in history growing up.
Speaker 2: Right. I was wrong.
Speaker 3: I was utterly wrong. So I read about you know, I want to say, twenty papers on research gate, which is a website I recommend to people if you really want to dig into academic research. Cliff, there was evidence on Crete, which was the biggest island in Greece, was never attached to the mainland in the last five million years that people were seafaring, sailing there by ship from like nine thousand BC, pretty close to the timeframe of the Atlanta Smith. And in this shocking because we used to think that Crete was never settled until six or maybe seven thousand BC. So all of a sudden, we're finding people there earlier. But it's not just nine thousand BC. They found evidence of stone tools shaped by people from twenty thousand BC, forty five thousand BC, eighty thousand BC, one hundred and twenty five thousand years.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, are you saying you're showing you're finding evidence of seafaring equipment or boats that go that far back?
Speaker 3: Boats? The oldest boat that we physically have is about ten thousand years old. Why they're made out a woodcliff. They deteriorate, right, they rot, same thing with any organic perishable material, that's amazing. But they find stone. When you find stone tools on an island and you can date them by layer, you know the stratiography strategue. I can never say this word right, it's strati out of strategic geography, whatever he is. You you know that these things were here to st age a certain time period. And you can carbon date organic stuff in the same layer, right, so or radiocarbon date. What this tells us is that people have been sailing the Mediterranean for not hundreds, not thousands, but tens or even hundreds of thousands of years before the Atlantis myth takes place. So I thought this was one of the most far flong absurd I'm like, these guys were Stone Age people. They weren't sailing boats. I was rout, there's a vast evidence. Yeah, all over the world, I might point out, but particularly in the Mediterranean, that there were trade networks.
Speaker 2: This is another one.
Speaker 3: It says the Atlanteans had trade from all over in ninety six hundred BC. Was that reasonable? Guess what? We're starting to find out that it is. Evidence from the Stone Age suggests trade was taking place across That's like from from the Middle East to the UK from you know, even with during the Bronze Age, you know tin, where'd all that.
Speaker 2: Tin come from in the Middle East?
Speaker 3: It's not local, comes from places like Afghanistan and the UK. How that I mean, that's a long way to get to Iraq, right, So you have to think to yourself, Well, and this is the biggest thing I like to say to people. It's like, we have this idea cliff that you know, again, we're super smart, and that people in the Stone Age were dumb because they didn't have computers and planes and stuff. But I asked people, I said, well, when did the stupidity begin if you go back in time, I mean, you're a pretty smart guy. Were your parents just dopes? How about your grandparents? Were they dumb?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: What about their parents? Your great grandparents? Were they just a bunch of idiots? Knuckle draggers?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I mean when did the stupidity begin? And if these people from seventy thousand years ago or whenever, ten thousand years ago looked just like us, had our exact DNA, our same bodies, why on earth do we think that they didn't have the same brains?
Speaker 1: Amazing?
Speaker 3: So, you know, that's I think that's one of the biggest things I took away is I think actually ancient people were more resourceful than modern people are.
Speaker 1: Maybe use more of their brain than we do now because we are crippled by our technology to a certain respect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. One hundred percent. And I'm sure some ancient people would be wowed and they'd say, wow, you can you and Cliff can talk to each other through this magic box, you know, and you're in different states. That's incredible. But you know what if you took your average person outside and said, hey, make me a bow and arrow that you could kill a deer with. I mean they'd starved at that, right, it's a fact. I mean, you know, my my, my father in law is an experimental archaeologist retired now from the Danish National Museum System. And this is a guy who could flake, you know, kind of it's called napping nap flint. So he could take stones, make stone, make a stone tool out of it, take a piece of like gut from an animal that he had cured, wrap it around a stick that he had, and chop down a tree.
Speaker 2: All in about an hour.
Speaker 3: So this is this is the kind of stuff that experimental archaeologists are doing. Is they're trying to recreate Okay, how did people.
Speaker 2: Use these tools?
Speaker 3: And what do we know about this? And the deeper you go into that kind of the crazier the story gets. So I think we need to rethink Advancementcliff. When you're talking about earth ancients, you're talking about ancient civilizations. Of course, there were ancient civilizations, right, I mean people think, oh, Egypt began thirty two hundred BC. Well you think, and nobody was living there the day before, and then they all just showed up when Narma decided to you know, hey, guys, let's let's create a civilization here. No people have been living for hundreds of thousands of years at least. And one of the most shocking things I'll drop here is that some of the designs of the tools and islands we find are not from Homo sapiens. They're from Neanderthals. That's right. Neanderthals were sailing boats. I don't know what they look like. They might have just been log canoes, but it seems increasingly likely, especially in the Mediterranean. And this actually kind of helps explain the peopling of like the Iberian Peninsula better than the current model, which is that everybody came through Turkey. They might have sailed across the Strait up Gibraltar. And the other thing I'm gonna say, and this is controversial, is in Southeast Asia there are a couple islands that were never attached to the mainland and these mainland Asia. These islands, I think one's called Sulawesi and the other one I can't remember. On these islands they've found bones with of proto rhinoceros that are being butchered and they can see stone tool marks on the bones. Controversial, because again, no one was there, No one saw it happen. The bones are super old. It's very hard to date, but it's somewhere between eight hundred thousand a million years ago.
Speaker 2: What does that mean, Cliff?
Speaker 3: That means it's not Homo Sabians who found their way to these islands. It is not Neanderthals. It's Homore Rectus, which our picture is hairy people who wore no clothes, who could barely use fire, but apparently they could paddle out to islands. So this is sort of shape reshaping our view. At least it's reshaped my view of how I think about ancient people and how intelligent and capable they were.
Speaker 1: Jack Kelly, director host of this new documentary called The Atlantis Puzzle, Real fun. We're gonna have to have you come back on the program maybe when you're ready to do your next vrenchure and much success on this. You're going to be releasing it on Amazon Prime, and I think I read in one of your releases that it may be in movie theaters as well. Is that something that you're considering.
Speaker 3: We're probably going to do just a few small theaters and in different places, probably you know, New York. Here in my home state of New Mexico, possibly in California.
Speaker 2: But you know, we're a.
Speaker 3: Small independent film company and our distributor is not huge, so we don't have the we don't have the bucks to do like a worldwide theatrical release.
Speaker 1: I like, I like what I saw, and like I said, much success on this, Jack, and I really appreciate you taking some time with us.
Speaker 3: CFF, thank you so much for having me on the show. I think you know your your message of questioning the past, continuing to ask questions, continuing to examine the evidence is something we need now more than ever.
Speaker 1: There's going to be a small gallery on the Facebook page of the satellite imagery of this African site. And I have a lot of questions. I think the biggest question we all have is we don't have any understanding of how Atlantis was laid out geographically. We know about the concentric circles. We know that a number of canals were carved that let in from a main opening into the central area. We don't know anything at all about temples, landmarks, if there was any lighthouses, any kind of maritime assistance, I mean, if you have a fleet of ships. And this is towards the end of the civilization before the struction. If you have hundreds, perhaps thousands of ships, you need to have landmarkers, you need to have lighthouses, you need to have a lot of man made support to get your ships in and out of the harbor. And we don't know this. And so when you look at this African complex that Jack Kelly talks about, it looks like it could be. But he does talk about the fact that they've had people go to this location. There is no standing stone works, there's no ruins, there is no there are no temples, pyramids, buildings, whatsoever. And so it's definitely an anomaly. I mean, when you look at these photographs, these satellite images, Wow, it's like it's amazing. It could be. It really could be. But and this is a big butt no evidence of man made handiwork whatsoever. Is one what appears to be a major canal, you know. And by the way, this is all everything's dried up. It's like, you know, what if it is, If this truly is Atlantis, there's two things. First of all, it's not very big. And what are you supporting. Are you supporting civilizations or just an army. There's a lot of there's a lot of questions, so we have to we have to get more eyes down there. I would love to have a light er scan of a part of the area, like maybe the central area. And also uh oh yeah, and when you use lighter you're gonna see the man made evidence of any canals, any foundations, any kind of buildings whatsoever. And this is why light oar is so amazing because it drops down below the surface a few feet and you can begin to see the bill the air, the foundations, temples, pyramids, and so forth and so on. So there's a lot we need to know. And if it is Atlantis, someone needs to jump on this immediately. If it's the ruins of an ancient city, it's gonna be groundbreaking, it's gonna be historical. It'll change everything, it really will. So we don't know. We just don't know, and there's a lot to be done. I don't know why somebody hasn't at least done a real basic flyover with whatever imagery scanning tools they can afford. At least use some ground penetrating radar on some of the real suspicious areas, because all we have right now is landstet satellite imagery and it's pretty it's pretty iffy. It's really pretty iffy, fantastic possibility. I mean, it really opens if true. If this area is true, it really opens up a huge possibility for major changes in our understanding of the past, because if it is what we think it is, then various university expedition archaeological teams can get in there and start doing excavations. No one's no one's digging there because it's still too much. It's too fantastic for orthodoxy to even consider. And that's why there's nobody out there right now from any university. They think we're all crazy. It's like, how could there be an I mean, it would blow academia out of the water. They would be dumbfounded, they would it would be such a huge shock. And this is why it has to be privately, privately fun. Elon Musk has to donate, I would think in the neighborhood of fifty two one hundred million to do a real thorough well, that's a lot of money. Let's let's dial that back a little bit and say let's say ten to twenty five million to get a proper expedition out there. Light oar scans now used to be exceedingly expensive. Now they could probably do it for oh, I'd say a quarter of a million, you know, and that would that would put the end of any speculation because if light ar comes back and it's just sand, then it's this whole concentric circle geological formation is just that's what it is. It's just a strange anomaly. Could that looks like Plato's Atlantis. But I mean, the whole idea of what we're looking at through these satellite images does follow what what Plato has to say on a very simplistic level. In other words, we don't have the details because he doesn't give us a lot of details in the Cretius in tomais the two writings that he's presenting Atlantis to us, and we don't get a great deal of specifics. So fantastic possibilities really is look at those images on Facebook. You got to go to Facebook at the group page or the international page, and I'll have a couple on my Facebook profile as well, because there's some that are just amazing. So the documentary The Atlantis Puzzle should be available on Amazon, and I'll have more information to deliver to you on the Facebook pages where you can go and see it. I don't know what he's charging right now. Now, it's not a lot. I think it's under twenty dollars, but it looks like a good one. It looks like a really really good one. So there you go. Hey, if you're enjoy Earth Ancients, if you're the podcast Destiny Earth Ancients and an Earth Ancient's Special Edition, please consider becoming a subscriber for as little as five dollars a month. You can support the work that we do here on the programs. And I gotta tell you we have expenses. We have a team that puts this together and it's a recruiting guests, lining it all up, editing each show, and of course laying it out for your pleasure and listening. So for more information, go to Patreon that's pa t R e o N dot com, forward slash Earth Ancients and subscribe. And we have a number of gifts for you, including now over thirty ebooks from gifts from our authors. These are digital copies of many of the people you listen to here on the show as well as Destiny and that's a gift for you as all, as well as unpublished interviews, some galleries and other things. So really appreciate it. Five, ten, fifteen, even twenty dollars a month makes a huge difference. So join us if you can subscribe at patreon dot com. Forward Slash Earth Ancients. Okay, that's different. Today's program, I want to thank my guest today, Jack Kelly, promoting his new documentary, The Atlantis Puzzle, and as always, the team of Gail Tour and Mark Foster and everyone who makes this thing happen. You guys rock all right, take care of you well, and we will talk to you next time.