Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Wherever you are and however you're listening from sea to shining sea. Thank you very much for being a part of the best part of our day. My name's Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat acerbic but amazing party planner.
Speaker 1: And her name's Tricia.
Speaker 2: Hi, friends, I hope you guys had a good weekend. Thanks for being with us. Ours was a good weekend.
Speaker 1: I would say, Oh, I think we had a great weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm officially retired from party planning for the next few months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what you need to know, is like the end of really starting at end of May, our daughter's birthday to the end of June. There's three birthdays that fall in there, plus a Father's Day and.
Speaker 3: A Mother's Day, which I still have to do stuff for Mother's Day for my money.
Speaker 1: That's true. So that's before May thirtieth.
Speaker 2: So Mother's Day to the end of May to the end of June is constant party stuff around our house.
Speaker 3: Constant putting up different decorations, taking down those decorations for the next person's decorations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when you started doing those decorations, like Tricia, for people's birthday. She puts up four or five funny pictures of them that have been blown up to what eight by ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love them my birthday, just big yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she puts them up above the kitchen table. Are you sorry that you did that for the first time, because now you have to do it every time?
Speaker 1: Right? So it actually wasn't me that did it first.
Speaker 3: It was our daughter's idea, and she started it for my birthday and I loved it. And now we've done it for everyone's birthday, including our neighbors who we celebrate all the holidays with them. And so now I have one giant box full of like six pictures of all of us, giant pictures that you put them up, you take them down. We change out the birthday banners, we changed the whiteboard.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. It's just don't want to We're trying to.
Speaker 3: Make it feel like each person's birthday is a little bit different.
Speaker 2: The photos of me for my birthday reminded me of how heavy I was.
Speaker 3: I asked you, I go, are you sad that these are the pictures I put up? And you were like, no, why? And because you don't really look like that anymore?
Speaker 2: And you're like, oh, it serves as a good reminder, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well I do.
Speaker 3: I did this year realize I need to get some updated pictures because we're trying to put funny ones.
Speaker 2: Up there, right, and there's lots of funny ones, yeah, lots. We don't have many serious photos.
Speaker 1: No, it's not a serious household. What's first thing made you laugh to?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Hold on? Hold on?
Speaker 3: After open and I got too into my party planning. All right here it is.
Speaker 1: I want y'all to know.
Speaker 3: I'll let the entire power grid go down and ruin everyone's lives before I sent my thermostat to seventy eight, Chris.
Speaker 1: All the cities that are like to ease.
Speaker 3: The power being sucked for the power grid between these times, in these times, seventy eight, seventy eight. Yeah, that's warm, absolutely not. We're all suffering. I'm shutting it down. I'm not sent my thermostat to seventy eight. Not gonna happen, Not happening.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: So hey, coming up today on the show, we're gonna share with you some facts that people like to say that they're not true.
Speaker 1: They're just nice, you're fun. Facts that we all know not true. No, but they're not facts at all.
Speaker 4: No, some of them.
Speaker 1: I was shocked.
Speaker 2: We got that coming up for you. And Trisian's got the story we love coming up. Tristan's got the story we love in just a moment. Don't forget follow us on Instagram putting a lot of video and stuff up there. It is at the Sandy Show Official Facebook, is at the Sandy Show Radio and of course grabbed the podcast version of the show. Every day wherever you get your podcast, just search the Sandy Show.
Speaker 4: These stories we love Lie Crum the Left Home Studio.
Speaker 3: All right, so everybody knows about real ID. Real ID went into effect. You have to have a certain type of ID to be able to fly, trying to make airline travels safer. And not too long after the real ID started as a mandatory piece of identification, the DSA, a government agency, had to put out a notice saying, just so you guys know, your cost Co card does not replace your real ID card. I remember that somebody said that they use their cost Co card to get through. Since then, not only have they had to say the cost card card won't work, they've also had to say that the top golf ID doesn't work really yep, and a couple of other ones. The most recent one that the government agency had to post on their government page about is that, in addition to the other cards, the waffle House ID card is not an acceptable form of identification.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sir, we can't accept the waffle House cards as a form of ID.
Speaker 3: Here somebody, some guy named Matthew Capucci, he posted TSA might want a real ID, but we got my waffle House card, which implied that he got through with this waffle House I d he did not.
Speaker 1: Now what is a waffle house? That's the second part of this story.
Speaker 3: People are like, Okay, yeah, yeah, we won't use it, But how do you get one?
Speaker 1: I don't know. If it's because you're a frequent flyer at waffle House, I don't know. Employee.
Speaker 3: People are like, how does someone acquire an ID from the waffle House and what does it get you? People are more interested in that than they are in what they actually have to have to safely fly during air travel.
Speaker 2: Well, that's definitely more interesting. I mean everyone goes to the waffle house. Yeah, so you might be a friend of a waffle House employee ID for accessing employee portal or a physical badge issued to employees. If, however, if you meant something else like a novelty ID or a customer related ID, please care for me.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but he has a photo of his card. It's a yellow card. It says waffle House.
Speaker 3: There's a flag on the right hand side, it says his name, Matthew Capucci, and then underneath it it says meteorologist.
Speaker 1: I don't know what this is, but I love it that people.
Speaker 3: Who are still a little bit confused about what ID they have to have to be able to fly around in the United States are more interested in how to get that waffle House card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a I think it's a he employees to have. I doubt not for the general public, not for the not for the waffle House diner, but for the employee.
Speaker 3: But I do does waffle House employee meteorologists because that's the title on Matthew's card.
Speaker 1: Matthew just trying to make funnies, I know.
Speaker 3: But people are falling for and really a little bit I would like to know how to get one of those who don't let our sixteen year old daughter find out that there's a waffle House card.
Speaker 1: She'll be all over it. Yeah, yeah, I love the waffle house though.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you got oh yeah, they have some good food. They're the nicest people ever. That's that's when you found That's how you met your side.
Speaker 1: Waffle sidewalk, remember, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: We went there to eat breakfast one morning and one of the ladies who worked there kept flirting with Sandy. And then she looked at me and she was like, Honey, I'm just flirting. I don't really, I'm not really trying to take your man. I go, you can have him. It is absolutely fighting with me and to go, Sandy, that's your sidewalk.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: She was probably wonted to hand been back. She's probably wondering. She's probably the thing I'm keeping it from going back. That's the story.
Speaker 2: We love stick around more coming up on Austin's eighty station.
Speaker 1: What oh three point one.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you missed the Jam and Sandy our Friday morning from seven until eight o'clock, here's a little bit of what you missed.
Speaker 1: You don't need to make meat substitutes. Just don't.
Speaker 4: Steve plants each your yeah, eat your other stuff, eat your veggies and plants and whatever you want. But you know you don't need to make a fake meat if you're not imagined.
Speaker 1: By the way, don't call it a hot dog. Find out what that's all about.
Speaker 2: Stream the podcast version, search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app Austin dot com. These are fun facts people love to share, but they are not true.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We gave you an example just a few minutes ago that bats are blind.
Speaker 1: They're not blind.
Speaker 2: They hunt by echo location, but they can actually see very well.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Another one that we've probably heard since our since we were a kid, that we only use ten to thirty percent of our capacity. Nonsense, we use one hundred percent of it. Yeah, I've heard that over and over.
Speaker 1: I've definitely heard that too recently too.
Speaker 3: One that I've heard my entire life that's terrifying to me is that you swallow eight spiders a year in your sleep.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Apparently not true. It's not terrifying to think about.
Speaker 2: What about popping your knuckles bad for you and causes arthritis?
Speaker 1: Not true.
Speaker 3: I I'm telling you this. Our child pops her knuckles a lot, and I tell her this. I still repeat this. I still think it's true.
Speaker 1: It's not true. It's not also to believe it is.
Speaker 2: Sorry, friends, but if you ever get to orbit, you're not going to be able to see the Great Wall of China.
Speaker 3: Like, I wonder how that How did that get started as a truth marketing Yeah? Maybe so, I don't know. I've always heard this too as a girl. That's something you pay attention to if you if you shave your hair, it grows back thicker.
Speaker 1: True, it's not true. Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see dog years. We've always said thought it was seven human years, right, mm hmmm, Apparently that's not true. Don't ask me what a dog year is, but that is apparently, according to a vet, is not true.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What about this one, Sandy, I for sure have heard this one that blood is blue inside your body until it touches the air and then it somehow the oxygen causes your blood to turn red.
Speaker 2: I've always thought that auctionenated blood was red and it was different colors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, what they're saying is your blood is still red inside your body. But forever I've heard that it's blue inside your body.
Speaker 1: Right huh? Which is I mean an easy one to know isn't true?
Speaker 3: Because when you get your blood drawn, you see it coming out of your arm directly into that vial.
Speaker 1: Right, But it looks.
Speaker 3: Brave enough to look at it while it's happening. I guess it's from looking at your veins. Yeah, and it looks blue, right. A couple other things. You've heard people say that they sweat like a pig. Pigs don't even have sweat glands, which is why they wallow in mud to keep cool.
Speaker 1: Horses, on the other hand, sweat profusely. Mm hm. They do. You can see them all lathered up that right, It's like a white, milky sweat right. Right.
Speaker 3: And here's one that I'm anybody who has children is saying, yeah, sorry, this is true. That they're saying it's not true that sugar makes kids hyper.
Speaker 1: Absolute nonsense.
Speaker 3: A child before a piece of candy and a small child after a piece of candy. You're not gonna convince me that sugar doesn't make people hyper.
Speaker 2: It maybe not fit the definition of hyper, but they definitely have more energy.
Speaker 1: Right, it's just settle down.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, that's why the Halloween night's the worst night of the year for the ones worst that the teachers have to deal with.
Speaker 1: Them the next day. M hm, not great.
Speaker 2: So those are just some fun facts that aren't actually facts.
Speaker 1: She's Trisha, my name is Sandy. Stick around. We've got more coming up one three point one. The JB and Sandy Show starts at seven. If you missed Friday show, here's something you miss I gotta tell you.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, Tricia, you surprise me, You really, really really surprise good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sent me an Instagram video the other day and I was impressed because Tricia, here's the thing. Tricia doesn't have the the really the best taste in music or movies or television or it's.
Speaker 3: A guy you clearly don't ever want to mess around ever again.
Speaker 2: You get to a point where you can't resist me. I mean I can say whatever I want. At some point you break.
Speaker 3: Down that I know, you're real big in front of your buddy JB. And then when we get off there he'll be like, you know, I didn't mean.
Speaker 1: That saying that.
Speaker 2: But Tricia sent me a video of this guy and he's covering Bennie King's song stand By Me. This guy's name is Stephen Wilson Junior, and that song's kind of one of the ones. It's been covered a lot, but the original has always been the best, but this guy may have outdone the original.
Speaker 1: Check this out and he's just.
Speaker 2: A middle aged dude in a red card again playing this and singing this song.
Speaker 1: Check it out. Sounds like Williams trigger and it's got the edge of this.
Speaker 3: Something even.
Speaker 4: H h And then I.
Speaker 1: Then I just come and all the land is done. Animals on night Bfery No share sing How great is that guy? That's amazing. I had to look up and see what he looked like. He looks like the guy that hides.
Speaker 3: Bodies in his card, and he's wearing a red card, agan a cap and cowboy boots.
Speaker 1: Like it's very confusing to look at us. He is, he says here.
Speaker 2: He's been recognized in the industry from from pretty well known artists like Tim McGraw, Brothers Osborne, guys like that are are big fans of Stephen Wilson Junior.
Speaker 1: That's his name.
Speaker 2: He's got to be the most popular thing that's ever come out of southern Indiana. I mean, I can't think of wow, no after the Jackson's were from Indiana, never mind, but I.
Speaker 4: Looked up some stuff that song, you know, the Ben e King version, was the original nineteen sixty and.
Speaker 1: He actually co wrote it for the Drifters and they passed.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it has been covered a lot.
Speaker 4: You mentioned that John Lennon covered it, Mickey Gilly, Tracy Chapman, Florence and the Machine, seal Otis Redding and I in the one. I had to look up to confirm it. It didn't show up on quick first search, but I knew I had heard it. Muhammad Ali, I remember that. I remember that.
Speaker 2: I can't oh Damn'm thinking of it in my head, but I remember that he did an album.
Speaker 4: There used to be they used to put out these CDs called Golden Throats. Remember that, because I think we had them laying around the radio station. It was a lot of celebrities covered. William Shatner was on him. Yeah, William Shanner did Lucy and Lucy in the Guys, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I almost said Lucy in DISGUSSI like the old costume place Losing the sky with them.
Speaker 1: This is kind of funny too.
Speaker 2: He's had songs that were recorded by, like I said, brothers Osbourne. But the one that's really interesting our old friends sixpence none of the richer. Yeah, that's pretty cool. Wow, So that's Tristan nice fine, Jimmy and you had heard that one.
Speaker 4: Before, right, I had heard it once and I I think it was one of those things like you stop in your tracks. What. Yeah, I think I shazamed it and then I had forgotten who it was, but I heard it like once before, and I just I remember going, wait a minute, wow, like incredible.
Speaker 2: I sent one the Tricia recently that was it's I think the handle on Instagram was Grandpa's that rock or Rocking Grandpa's or something like that, and it's this old dude, like you picture grandpa in your head, sitting there with an electric guitar and something from Zeppelin is playing and he's just sitting there waiting and waiting till his part.
Speaker 1: And then dude, when he comes on and starts playing the guitar, you're like, holy crawl crap.
Speaker 2: It was like just a second ago you were a grandpa, but right now you're a rock star.
Speaker 1: Really, I gotta find that and maybe we'll play that next week.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we're probably like the first generation as gen xers where our grandparents could be rock. Think about because like Mick Jagger, he's what I gotta be eighty, is sure. You know they're all getting up there, all the all the big rock stars that we grew up are getting up there.
Speaker 1: They're hitting eighty, and most of them seem to be still touring. That's what's weird. We're still selling tickets.
Speaker 2: I mean, Simple Minds was just in Austin two weeks ago, right, you know who's well.
Speaker 4: They figured out the good thing about touring in your seventies or whatever is your audience can pay five hundred dollars a ticket.
Speaker 1: You're right, and don't mind coming earlier. They can do it and make the same money, right right, right, I'll pay extra for your show to start earlier. And the sponsorship has got to be easy.
Speaker 2: Just soft foods, you know, cellos, cottage, cheeses, things like that. Depends underwear, and sure you know who's aging. But man, he's he won't let go of the look. Billy idle, Billy idle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I heard him in an interview not too long ago. He's still so likable. I was thinking about him. I was listening to that interview. I was like, Wow, he was he was punk rock, he was new wave, he was pop, he was rock. Like he could do it just landed every He was the real deal though too. As a kid, he was one of those English punk kids like living the life.
Speaker 1: Yeah X. I think their band was called X right in the generation area. I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: I was at the in Las Vegas, at the hard Rock Hotel and casino, and I'm sitting there just playing blackjack, minding my own business, probably getting drunk out of my mind, and all of a sudden, you know, in the hard rock they've got that just blaring music in the casino, and that song Rebel Yell came on, and the dealer goes, hey, take a look down there. I looked to my left, about five tables down, Billy Idle is standing on stop on top of the blackjack table, full on Billy Idle doing the Rebel Yell thing and singing the song at the top of his lungs.
Speaker 1: Not an impersonator, Billy Idle.
Speaker 2: And then he got done doing it, and the dealer said to me, he goes, yeah, he does that about once a week.
Speaker 1: Hysterical. I love it.
Speaker 2: From Friday morning. The JB and Sandy Show starts at seven o'clock this morning. Hey real quick, just wanted to say thanks to everyone that texted happy birthday wishes.
Speaker 1: That was very nice of you. Nice, very happy to receive them. Thank you very much. I enjoyed that. All right, Sandy, here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you a list of names, celebrity names, and I want you to tell me at what you think they all have in common. Guess what common thread links these people? Jeff Bezos, Mark Hamill, Lynn, Manuel, Miranda, Rachel McAdams, Fred Durst, Sharon Stone, Jay Lenno.
Speaker 1: And Seal. They all made out with Lauren Sanchez. No, Sandy, that's terrible. You know they just got married, right, I do.
Speaker 3: The common thread is that every one of them worked at McDonald's growing up.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, huh, that's funny Donald's. There must be something about My sister worked there when she was a teenager.
Speaker 1: Loved it.
Speaker 2: She always says. She's a professional now. She always says, if they called me right now and needed a biscuit maker, I'd show up. She loved working there.
Speaker 1: I love that job. That's funny.
Speaker 3: All right, Sandy, We're going to move over into the land of science. Do you care or don't care? To find out something in drone News that China and the United States have in common that I had no ideal existed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm curious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, China unveiled a new spy drone that's the size of a mosquito, a mosquito. The US has a similar bug sized drone, but it's just not quite as small as China's. As a message, I think that's funny. As a mosquito, a drone that you can control, it's the size of a mosquito.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. You don't wonder what They're not going to do anything good with it? No, there's no way.
Speaker 3: I would love to see, like how you control it, what you can see with it, what they're using it for? Right, huh, America's America's is bigger, though, well.
Speaker 2: We'll get smaller. They probably stole the technology from us, maybe I don't know, right.
Speaker 1: And finally, do you care?
Speaker 3: Don't care to find out how the bride and groom decided whose last name they.
Speaker 1: Were going to take his or hers?
Speaker 2: Okay, so they were clearly traditionally you take the man's last name, right, you definitely upgraded.
Speaker 3: I upgraded to having to pronounce and spell my last name every time I say it.
Speaker 1: Then usual last name?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had I was Williams before everyone knew how to spell everyone knew how to say it, never knew how.
Speaker 1: To write it right. So, okay, how did they decide?
Speaker 3: They decided by playing rock paper scissors at the altar to decide if it was.
Speaker 1: Going to be his last name or her.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, I think that's I mean, I kind of feel like that's something you have to find out ahead of time because you have to apply for licenses and stuff like that, So it could have just been a funny ha ha kind of moment. But yeah, they did row shambo, I don't ever call it roa shamba paper scissors.
Speaker 1: Who won? Yeah, I don't know, I don't I know.
Speaker 3: They They finally landed on the last name Hunter, which I believe Beyonce is the girl's last name.
Speaker 1: That went with the girl's last name Hunter. Okay, god, I think you'd care about the name. You don't know it. The story was who won?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she won apparently, so they went with Hunter Hunter or Pierce were They're options?
Speaker 1: Both fine options? Fine, nice name.
Speaker 2: Now he has to go through the hell that all women go through of getting your license changed, your passport changed, all that.
Speaker 3: Stuff, yep, yep, and you got to decide do you want to keep your middle name in is your middle name or do you want to use your maiden name as your middle name.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, is there a right answer here? I don't know, and the lady at the desk because that girl just pick right. Okay, that is care, don't care. What's your name, Tricia? I'm Sandy. Hey, thank you very much for listening.
Speaker 2: Make sure you listen to the radio every morning to six until ten on Austin's eighty station, what Oh three point one.