Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. I don't remember what we were talking about, but it was a couple of weeks ago. You asked me, if hard pressed, how fast could you run a mile? I said something I apparently had a brain tumor and said eight minutes. In my memory, if I had to, I could run one mile in eight minutes. I had a brain tumor because yesterday, for the first time in a long time, I went for a run. Now my previous brain tumor is the reason why. Because I'm not making light of brain tumors.
Speaker 2: Just follow me down this road.
Speaker 1: I saw a sign in Seal Beach that said five K ten K, and it was a beautiful day and I'm like, that sounds like fun. I'm going to sign up for this ten k. Never mind that I haven't run at all in five years. It's a beautiful day out that looks like fun. Let's do that sign up. So I do that and then proceed to do nothing, no running. So yesterday I decided try the old legs out see how they do.
Speaker 2: I couldn't run an eight minute mile.
Speaker 1: Gary, If if I was running for the forty nine ers to win the next.
Speaker 2: Five Super Bowls, how far do you go?
Speaker 1: I didn't try. I did a five k. I did three point two. But as I'm running through the running is a loose term. As I'm hobbling through the first mile or so and looking at what my timing is, I know there's no way in freaking hell I could run even a mile in eight minutes.
Speaker 3: There's no way I could do it. When you run, does it sound like you're stepping on bubble wrap?
Speaker 1: First of all, when you haven't run in a while, you realize.
Speaker 2: Your boobs hurt.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it, Like, the running really does hurt your even if you've got like a supportive sport. What's braun If they haven't felt that jiggling for that long of a time, go on, it is a rude awakening to your boobs.
Speaker 2: Furthermore, there's more.
Speaker 1: Furthermore, I realized at the end of that monstrosity that was my slight jog for a five k.
Speaker 2: I don't know if.
Speaker 1: There's any way this is in a couple of weeks. I mean, it's gonna be. It's not gonna be good. But I figured I could just walk, you know, I can just start walking, all right. Then my husband he actually runs, so I'm gonna tell him just go, just you just go, you just run your race, and he'll say no, and then I'll feel bad that he's to stay back with me, the crippled.
Speaker 3: As long as he doesn't have to drag you for me. Yeah, I have a baseball story. Oh okay, tomorrow is opening day and I know the Dodgers blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Is this weird grey stuff going to clear?
Speaker 3: Oh for the the first pitch tomorrow's at four. Oh yeah, so it'll be gone by the way. But I do have a good baseball story. We'll get to right after.
Speaker 2: The Oh you want to do death penalty first? Well, listen. This is one of those things that I is.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons I liked Nathan Hoffman for DA was he will allow prosecutors to seek the death penalty in LA. Now, it's not like everybody in their mother is going to get the death penalty, is going to get a death penalty case. Because he still has pretty strict requirements, as we should, he has strict requirements as to what case would cases would qualify for.
Speaker 2: A death penalty.
Speaker 1: It's got to be the worst of the worst, beyond your wildest imagination. There are cases right now in his office where there are individuals who have are on trial for killing, you know, for people you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's usually what it is.
Speaker 3: It's usually somebody who's killed multiple people, somebody who has killed law enforcement.
Speaker 1: But even those cases right now are being talked about is is that enough?
Speaker 2: RIGHTO?
Speaker 1: You kill four people and there's still the question of I don't know if that's a death penalty case. So when you think about that, when I used to think about death penalty cases, I thought, well, you kill one person, you're eligible for them to seek death penalty.
Speaker 2: That is not the way it is.
Speaker 1: And you know, we've done countless stories about what you can get away with, do your time or not get away with do your time, and then you're out and you're like.
Speaker 2: Whoa, you kill the firefighter's wife.
Speaker 1: She stabbed and killed her last husband, and she's free to stab and kill her new wife.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there are cases right now that are being looked at where they're not bad enough and you've got multiple bodies.
Speaker 3: Nathan Hawkman did tell the La Times. This was right after he beat George Gascon. He said he would only pursue death penalty capital punishment in rare cases, and he used the examples of school shootings, which, okay, well, I'll come back to that, domestic terror attacks or the killing of a police officer. So not even necessarily multiple murders unless it's in the context he says, of a school shooting or a domestic terror attack. The school shooting aspect of it, I thought was interesting because the vast majority of perpetrators in those crimes, or at least the ones that we think about, are miners, and the idea of going after death penalty for a minor is anathema to a lot of people, like they would never sign off on that good point. So that's one of the things that I think is at least an interesting aspect to what Nathan Hutten.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, The thing is, it doesn't have any.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have any impact.
Speaker 3: No, because the state of California under Gavin Newsom has had a moratorium on the death penalty. We haven't taken it off the books officially yet, but we've had a moratorium on the death penalty for years now.
Speaker 1: Voters will never go through reinstating that or anybody that would reinstate it as governor in California, I don't think do you think.
Speaker 3: Well, well, we've had this weird we the voters in the state have had this very weird relationship with the death penalty in California, where at times we support it, at times we don't support it, We vote to uh reinstate it, and then we decide that the governor is an okay, hands up dude for putting the moratorium on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, we need to we need to.
Speaker 3: Pooper or get off the death row, like we need to make a decision.
Speaker 2: I know that's expensive.
Speaker 3: That's also one of the arguments is that death penalty system in the state of California is very expensive. Well, rather than people trying to figure out how to make it less expensive, they just want to do away with it.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I mean, it's it's this weird.
Speaker 3: Because there are other states well nowhere near as liberal as California that have done away with the death penalty altogether.
Speaker 1: Dismantled death row in California. All those guys have been sent to other places like Scott Peterson when he got beaten up over pickleball.
Speaker 2: He was at Mule Creek, wasn't he. Yeah. So, like I think the whole.
Speaker 1: San Quentin death Row punitively expensive thing has been dismantled ever since newswhere. It started to be once Newsom signed that in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: And I'm not even talking about necessarily the incarceration part of it. It's the appeals process, but the state owned incarceration's expensive too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, it's all single cell all of this, guys. Yeah, all right, up next. Hiking can be very dangerous, dude.
Speaker 1: I've told you about my close encounter with death on a hiking trail in Hawaii at the hands of a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: I the most terrified I think I've ever been as an adult was in Hawaii on a hiking tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And imagine being on the trail with someone who you're not getting along with.
Speaker 3: Well, who's to guarantee that? I think I'm getting along with my wife? Who's they don't know that I don't know what's going on in her head? Do you know all the things she doesn't tell you?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 1: I was at dance class the other night and one of those songs came on. One of your there's only like three songs where you'd like this.
Speaker 2: And they had to clear the room and I just started laughing.
Speaker 3: And then you mean where I do that? Yeah, you don't mean the proverbial like someone. You mean you specifically.
Speaker 1: There are like three songs that make you shake. That was one of them, one of them. The other one is uh uh is The one that came on was the.
Speaker 2: Song someone as Fly as Me Someone Is Fly? Yeah, that one, that's.
Speaker 1: The one that came on at dance class, And I envisioned you going like this, do you.
Speaker 4: Know who ca?
Speaker 2: Cam Smith is? No Cam Smith?
Speaker 3: Fourteen round draft pick, sorry, first round draft pick, fourteenth overall in last year's Major League Baseball Draft. Drafter by the Cubs played for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, the South Bend Cubs, the Tennessee Smokeyes, I have a Tennessee Smokey's hat.
Speaker 2: In December, he was traded to the Houston Astros. Yesterday.
Speaker 3: Joe Espada, the manager for the Astros was making an announcement about who was going to be on the starting roster for the clubhouse full of guys the end of spring training. Cam Smith is twenty two years old. Cam Smith has played in all of thirty two Minor league games. And as he's as the manager is telling the Skipper's telling the club he's all the guys in the clubhouse, who's going to make the team, And he says, for those of you names I'm about to announce, you got to start thinking about things like who you gonna call first. Probably it's your parents or someone that's been there since Little league in high school and travel and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: The guy who's the guys whose name don't get called you're gonna call, Well, there's that too, sorry.
Speaker 3: But he says, in fact, I'm gonna make that phone call for one of our first guys, and he pulls out his phone. Skipper pulls out his phone, dials the phone, and he goes, Hey, it's it's Joe Espada.
Speaker 2: Are you here. Cam Smith's parents walk into the clubhouse, Oh my god, and cam Smith immediately starts to cry, my god, big hug for his mom, big hug for his dad round.
Speaker 3: The clause for everybody twenty two years old. He's played in thirty two minor league games and he's on the big league roster.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. What a great story. It's a cool story. Unfortunately it's the Astros. They're they're different, they're different. Every rose has a thorn. We do have a good We do need to give them a chance at redemption.
Speaker 1: This is one way the Okay, all right, you've been reading the bio bill again, haven't you just to circle.
Speaker 2: The parts that my dog didn't eat? Yeah, well you have more than one.
Speaker 1: He's eaten through too to at least that I know of, Just to circle back quickly. In this country of America, it is illegal to put anyone to death or to go after him with the death penalty if they're under eighteen. So with school shooters, I mean, the median age is probably about sixteen. There have been ones that are eighteen to twenty one. Right, college stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean the guy and the guy at Marjorie Stoneman in Parking exactly. It was a former student who came back, right, I guess usually when we talk about him, they're about seventeen eighteen. Hiking can be dangerous.
Speaker 3: The Lost Coast Trail up off the coast of California. Firing Coast Guard teams in Humboldt County are looking for a hiker who may have strayed off the trail and plummeted about one hundred feet down a rugged cliff had to cling to a sixty foot bluff overlooking the ocean. They said that the hiker was barely holding on with hiking poles for more than an hour.
Speaker 2: See, this is a problem.
Speaker 1: The hiker and a companion wandered off that remote fifty three mile hiking path. Sometimes if I'm on a hike with my husband, which I don't do that much anymore for this very reason, he'll say, oh, I wonder what's over there, and.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't wonder what's over there.
Speaker 1: I want to stay on this right here, this trail. You go, look, well, I wonder if this will lead us back.
Speaker 2: I don't wonder that. I don't wonder that at all.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing they say, you can be like twenty feet as less than twenty feet away from the trail and get disoriented in nature.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just science right there. Stay on the freaking trail.
Speaker 3: My wife and I for our fifteenth anniversary went to Kawaii, and one of the things we didn't do on the honeymoon that we did on our anniversary keep it clean, was we did that hike along the Apoly Coast, which is a beautiful.
Speaker 2: Hi you have on your honeymoon. We are eevable.
Speaker 3: Hike and views, but there are areas of it where you are hundreds of feet above the ocean and there's nothing. Yeah, I mean it's the trail which is relatively wide, but there's nothing off to your right.
Speaker 1: N Uanu poly Lookout is perched over one thousand feet above the Oahu coastline, and there are parts of that trail that sometimes they're blocked off for traffic because weather we'll just wash out parts of the trail, as I have been told, but.
Speaker 2: But sometimes they don't get to it in time.
Speaker 1: It's Hawaii, there's no there's no sense of urgency there, so it's already touch and go. There are in a lot of those hiking spots. I remember going to Hawaii with a boyfriend who was twenty two twenty three years old with his family, and things did not go well. This was the boyfriend where I wanted to break up with him. I knew immediately when he ordered chopin vodka at dinner and they didn't have that kind of vodka, and he was like, what do you mean you don't have it? And I was like, whoa, You're never going to be in my life again.
Speaker 2: I like my guys who are less.
Speaker 1: Picky, right, Like, get this guy a glass at Gilby's, you know what I mean. That's my kind of dude. But uh No, that same trip, I'm on a hike. The relationship is over. It's obvious it's over, but you're still in Hawaii, right, and you got to like, you know, I'm not going to take a flight back. I'm twenty three years old, you know, there's no there's no money to throw it a flight.
Speaker 2: And so on this hiking trail and he's behind me, and it.
Speaker 1: Was in Kawai and uh and so it wasn't this, It wasn't Polly. But there was a severe amount of time on that trail where I thought he's he could just push me over. He could just I mean, there's no there's such a drop off on that trail you're talking about that you could just tap someone little tappy tap and goodbye.
Speaker 2: And you'd have a hard time proving that it wasn't. How would you How would you.
Speaker 1: Prove that, especially when all of the outward signs are of happiness and joy and young couple and oh she wasn't experienced hiker and she just she got too close to the edge and dead.
Speaker 2: How easy is that?
Speaker 3: This au Polly lookout was where Gerhart Koenig apparently tried to push his wife off of the trail and and use a rock to hit her on the head. She did fall aways, and she was in critical condition, but she was able to tell officers that it was her forty six year old husband who had attacked her and left her Ford.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna kill your girlfriend or wife on that trail, you've gotta do it right. You can't leave survivors. I mean, that wasn't the takeaway, but you know what I mean, Like, what an idiot?
Speaker 3: And he's a doctor, he should know when she's dead. Oh what kind of a doctor is he?
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see, he was assistant professor of anesthesiology and bioengineering. He was an an anesthesiologist.
Speaker 1: You gotta be careful when your daughter's date and those doctors she's not, but she's around them.
Speaker 2: M did you ever play Assassin in high school?
Speaker 1: No, but my nephew, one of my nephews won his and got like one thousand dollars or something a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: They tried relentlessly to crack down on that at our high school.
Speaker 2: Oh really, your kid's high school? No high you're right, Yeah, they had that back then. Yeah, we played with those little suction dart guns, you know the I had never heard of this game before my nephew won it. Oh yeah, and then they still do it.
Speaker 1: And I was at I keep having a dance class anecdotes, But the daughter of the teacher was searching for a wig, and everyone's like, why do you need a wig? She's like, they can't shoot you if you're wearing a wig. It was like, what, she's playing the Assassin game.
Speaker 2: That's the weirdest force field I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 1: Forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Well, it is here time for world champion Dodger baseball. Tomorrow, the Dodgers take on the Detroit Tigers for opening Day at Dodger Stadium, first pitch at four ten. Listen to every game on the iHeartRadio app Keyword Am five seventy LA Sports brought to you in part by Harry Potter and The Curse Child. Now at Hollywood Pantagious, visit Broadway Inollywood dot Com.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be fun tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have fun with it too, because we're gonna be talking about baseball movies and oh we are and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, that's exciting. Like what is going to be your favorite don't answer today, because it's gonna be my favorite baseball movie. Yes, I mean you could say really tough.
Speaker 1: I feel like there should be subcategories because when you say baseball movie, God, it's so broad, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Base movie about baseball? Or movie with baseball? Because that that's that's also kind of because I said, Jason had asked me this morning, and I said, well, I think Field of Dreams is probably my favorite movie with baseball because it's a movie with baseball, but it's more about the father and son and all.
Speaker 2: It's the family portion. So Kevin Costner's coming in, is that what I understand? Tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Well, to talk about that and for the love of the game right, which was also another great where he said.
Speaker 1: Go call my agent. He's the most important person to me right now. One of the worst lines ever.
Speaker 2: But we'll talk about it on opening. Its awful. It's an awful thing. It's too bad. You shouldn't be doing that farm work. But one of the worst movies. Yeah, baseball movies.
Speaker 3: The Fan with Wesley sny never saw, never saw it. Part of what makes it bad is the baseball part of it. When they're playing baseball. Wesley Snipes is the player, Robert DeNiro is a fan, and they like the big culmination, the big finale scene is then playing baseball allegedly a Candlestick park when it's raining. It's pouring rain in the final scene, which they would never do.
Speaker 2: It's anyway, silly. What year is that movie? From? Two? I've ever heard of? Four? I don't remember more.
Speaker 1: Wesley Snipes and Robert de Niroeh, because those guys were I mean, they couldn't they couldn't do anything poorly in ninety two ninety three.
Speaker 2: They were at the top of the game.
Speaker 3: They should not have been able to do so Wow, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Ninety six. That makes me sad. All right.
Speaker 3: There's a game that has been played since the eighties and maybe in some some variations long before that. It's a game called Senior Assassin or some of the name, but that's kind of the basics of it, uh, And it usually involves compiling a list of people who want to play the game and then a secret draw where you, uh pick someone's name. This is how they did it in my high school. You pick someone else's name who's in the game, and you assassinate them finger quotes. In our case, it was with a little plastic suction cup dart gun.
Speaker 2: They use water guns.
Speaker 3: The use water guns now, which is still battery by the way, legal definition wise, and I'm sure that the really yeah, you can't just walk up and well, not all.
Speaker 1: Water guns are built the same. No, no, but I mean they're kind of like guns in that way, aren't they.
Speaker 3: If you went down the street here and started squirting somebody that was coming out of the studio, the Disney studio, they could arrest you.
Speaker 1: I mean, ridiculous, I know it is, but it's true. I might do that and then just say something like arrest me.
Speaker 3: And then basically when I would if I got if I drew your name, I'd hunt you down and I'd kill you.
Speaker 1: But you.
Speaker 2: Can't do it in someone's home.
Speaker 1: Can't do it in their home, but you could do it if they walked there to their car to get.
Speaker 3: You couldn't do it at a place of work, but you could do it on campus. You could do it, you know, like you said, anywhere else around town.
Speaker 1: Apparently there's some machinations. If you're wearing a wig, they can't do it.
Speaker 3: That one I've never heard of, but I would. I would take you as my target, and then I once.
Speaker 2: I disposed of you, you give me the name that you had, So now I am on that person's tail. I see. And the thing is so that you want to rack up the most kills.
Speaker 3: You want to be the last person standing icy, so then you you win the thing.
Speaker 1: Go anywhere for like his senior year, and he won through just laziness, stayed in his room, played video games.
Speaker 3: Schools and police are warning parents about this game. It can get out of control, it can be aggressive. I remember there were foot chases down the hallways of our school, and that's when people started getting really crazy about it. The administrators were not happy.
Speaker 2: There's real money involved here.
Speaker 3: I don't again, I don't remember what our prize was. I guess there would have been money involved. But but it got pretty ruthless and they had to come up with some very specific rules. And in the event of our school, our high school, they said, anybody caught with a weapon finger quotes, you know, with one of the dart guns, that you'd be kicked out of school and suspended.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you engaged in this. You're a rule follower. Oh you didn't engage? Got it good? Maybe I was better at it than did you win the assessment? I did not win.
Speaker 1: The other thing about it is what was I just going to say? And I lost my train off?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Nowadays, nowadays they you have to video at all and then it's uploaded to like whatever.
Speaker 2: The shared site is interesting. If you have to have video, you have to have a video proof. Well that's an awful thing, isn't it. It's kind of like bird watching. I'm gonna be really upset. Nothing to what do you mean? It's like it's exactly like bird watching.
Speaker 1: If you participate in the Big year, a big year, and you see a bird, you just write it down I saw the acorn, woodpecker or what have you. You don't have to have proof that you did. It's all based on your word. And I just feel like that's gonna go by the wayside too. Your bird word and like, can you mandine people actually having the video birds that they're saying. I mean, it could be a split second you see that booby in.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: You had mentioned one of the safeguards force fields that you could put on during that Senior Assassin game as a wig. Somebody called and said that their daughter had to tape a fork to her forehead. That was the only way to avoid Like that was the way that you could be safe to walk around the.
Speaker 2: Fork taped to your forehead.
Speaker 3: That's great a bunch of stories that we are following today. Of course, the fallout continues for Pete Hegseth and other Trump administration officials after the chat on an unclassified commercial app that included the editor in chief of the Atlantic magazine. This lawsuit was filed by a government watchdog group names Hegseth and other officials using for using signal to discuss military plans.
Speaker 2: President Trump has signed a sweeping.
Speaker 3: Executive action to overhaul elections, including requiring documentary proof of citizenship in order to register to vote in federal elections and a demand that all ballots be received by election day. This is you know, I know there have been a lot of executive orders put out by the President, but this one seems the most likely to be held up in the courts, and we know that there are lawsuits that will be filed immediately.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the.
Speaker 1: Naked lady at the airport screaming and yelling and spring water on people and saying I speak all language U mfors.
Speaker 2: White girl Dallas.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell which airport it was. I just saw the video. Fully naked, has a water ball at one point and sprays people with it at one point, says I, yeah, I speak all languages, umfors.
Speaker 2: What was she on?
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe just chardonay, I don't think Sometimes it was airport layer overs can be brutal.
Speaker 2: It can be longer than you expect, yeah, instead of two where they're probably a four.
Speaker 1: Well, and the thing with airport wine is they octane heavy pores. I mean, they'll do a nine ounce where it's the entire bottle in your glass.
Speaker 2: Not bless them, they God bless them. Would you like a nine ounce or a twenty seven ounce? Yeah, six ounce or a nine ounce?
Speaker 5: And hey, Gary and Shannon, there's some lands for you. Oh yeah, there's yep. Yeah, Switzerland, the land there's oh yeah, well the place My favorite though, are probably.
Speaker 1: Le and Disney. You Now I feel more traveled.
Speaker 3: If somebody else pointed out Cleveland. There there Merryland.
Speaker 2: I've spent a lot of time in Cleveland, a lot of time.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, we talked last week about poppers, right, the elk nitrate.
Speaker 2: Poppers are the thing that loosens the butt. That is one thing it does well. That was the only thing I remember. What do you remember.
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 3: You can get it at the gas station next to the boner boner boner pills. Nitrous oxide, of course, is now being talked about nitrous oxide whippets in many cases, nitrous oxide equipment that was found with a forty four year old former drummer of My Chemical Romance when he was found dead in his home rob Tennessee. The Medical Examiner's Office in Tennessee said that nitrous equipment found with him raised the question of an intentional or accidental overdose, but said that the cause of death was undetermined because of the state of composition in that guy's case. Opioids like fentanyl obviously have much more of a dangerous reputation simply because they tend to kill at a much higher rate. But they said that nitrous oxide brings with it a lot of mystery that in many cases it's misunderstood.
Speaker 2: The La City Council I.
Speaker 3: Like it at the dentist has talked about banning its sale, But then the question is asked by August Brown in the La Times, is that the most effective strategy to keep users safe.
Speaker 1: I remember getting nitrous at the dentist as a child. That's the last time I had nitrous at the dentist and thinking I don't think this is right. I feel like I've been drugged and you had ben Yeah. Like I just remember being very young of being like, I don't think this is probably a good call. I am a child. Well, and they keep the difference between you doing nitrous you doing whippets at a concert, and you're doing whippets at.
Speaker 2: The unders of doctor Dell. There is a doctor. I mean there is that.
Speaker 3: Plus they can say they can say as an as an eight year old, you weigh sixty pounds.
Speaker 2: Is that about right? For an eighty that sounds about right. I haven't picked up an eight year old in a long time.
Speaker 3: That they would know a sixty pound person probably needs about this much.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's.
Speaker 3: Why that's the difference as opposed to you just going all, you know, huffing until you can't huff no more. They said, Nitrous interrupts the way that neurotransmitters communicate in the brain for a brief period. It's usually less than a minute unless you inhale it continuously, which is why they put the CPAP mask on you when you're the dentist or whatever mask they call it.
Speaker 2: I just kept sniffingly.
Speaker 3: Nitrous can be used to increase the power of internal combustion engines.
Speaker 2: You've seen that, if you've seen Fast and Furious. Yeah, everybody's got nitrous bottles, Eli Whitney. You know.
Speaker 3: You can buy metal nitrous canisters in vape shops and online.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a lot of work just to get high, right, Well, you got to getting the canister going to the store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how awful that must be to have to go to the store to get high. Should drugs come to you right?
Speaker 2: I mean, don't we have delivery services now? Can't I door dash my nitrous anymore?
Speaker 3: They do say that nitrous has long and short term risks. It can cause dizziness and dissociation. That's why people get high, so that they feel like they're not in their bodies.
Speaker 2: But you could lose track of where you are.
Speaker 3: You could black out a lot, quicker blurred vision, loss of balance, the nawse of the chest, tightness, the headache, the vomiting. The impaired memory can also cause a deficiency in vitamin B twelve, which leads to reduced white blood cell count and anemia. The more immediate risk comes when users attach tubing equipment to inhale the gas in larger amounts, and they're saying that that may be, in fact, what led to the death of Bob Bryer again that drummer for my chemical romance. We have more swamp launch.
Speaker 2: Are we doing more drug stuff? You want to? I don't. We don't have anyone now, I can't do drugs anymore. Don't do drugs. Don't do drugs. It's not worth it. Kids. What's the benefit of all?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Shannon just wanted you to know you're better off than you expected.
Speaker 2: You ran three point two, which is more than five k. Keep it up, girl, you can do this.
Speaker 3: Five K is three point one change. I think I said three point two because I was thinking six point two. That's your ten can I.
Speaker 1: Was I've always thought that a five K was three point two, so I've just been three point one and someka It's like it's like one point one, four or five.
Speaker 5: I'm gary. I have a Tennessee Smokey's hat.
Speaker 2: That guy likes you.
Speaker 3: I do have a I do have a Tennessee Smoky's hat, but I also have a Tennessee Smoky's shirt.
Speaker 2: But they moved. They're no longer in I think.
Speaker 1: That he wants to be friends with you, and I think that if you guys went out to lunch or for a beer or something, it would be fine.
Speaker 3: Wearing my Tennessee Smoky's hat. They moved to Knoxville, or I should say they moved back to Knoxville, so they are now in Knoxville.
Speaker 1: Smoky or maybe he's waiting outside with a baseball bat. He just seems to get upset about the smallest things with you.
Speaker 2: That's what I do. That's not what you do.
Speaker 3: It's not about the morning show. Thinks I'm a d and yeah she said it multiple times. I also made fun of her dog because it's slow and dumb.
Speaker 2: You know, her dog passed away.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: No, not that one, not that one. She has a new puppy. She has the new puppy. Oh you said her new puppy was dumb and slow. It's a puppy. Yeah, but have you seen it. It's like it's like a retriever mix. Yeah. Those are not the smartest dogs. Wow, Gary, I'm just saying they're not. They're not the smartest dogs. And yours is uh, he is very cute. I rest my cat.
Speaker 1: Is.
Speaker 3: I have to say he's helping me with taxes this year. Oh wow, Yeah, so he's smart. Stick that in your dog loving pipe. All right, Gary and Shannon, we'll come back with swamp Watch right after this. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.