Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis, and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Dan, the fight has just begun. Glad you're here.
Speaker 2: Three or three seven one three eight two five five the number techs d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 3: So much to dive into today locally.
Speaker 2: Want to get your tips on, want to get your tips on how to avoid these horrific fatal crashes involving livestock at livestock that does happen as well, but more likely in these urban areas such as the.
Speaker 3: Front range of Denver Wildlife. Crossing the road.
Speaker 2: We just saw a woman killed in a collision with a moose C. Four seventy and the Denver Metro another woman a couple of days ago, you know, killed in a rollover avoiding a deer, et cetera. And then I know, as we get into our audience up in the mountains where I happen to be broadcasting from today, obviously you've got your own brand of wildlife challenges up here. So what tips do you have as a driver, And this is a tougher one, right because no matter how careful you or I are out there, all of the sudden, you could have something right in front of you. So just wondering whether any of the veterans over the years have come up with with any ways to protect themselves in these situations, whether it's a gadget or a tactic or anything you may have, because these are so incredibly tragic. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five the number techs d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 3: I have a tip, but it's.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's a challenging one, right because because these these safer cars are often more expensive, and there's only so much money, you know, every payday, and so that's another challenge there. So we're going to talk about that because it's one of those things that in danger each and every one of us, and more importantly, our loved ones, every single day. And we've had these two very recent tragedies in the Denver Metro and the moose. I mean, who would have expected a moose, you know, on C. Four seventy, you know, up by park Meadow. So we'll get into that speaking of safety and immediate threats to you and your family, particularly if you're listening in Colorado. You know, we'll talk some about Krakawana. They used to call it marijuana and Colorado it's now Krakawana and the horrors of that, and we'll have some real life examples, but it will tie into a very important story in the Denver Gazette. And listen, if you're not a regular reader of the Gazette, you've got Colorado Springs and Denver suggest you take a look at it because it is really really high level reporting and they've got a long tradition of that for a long time, starting with the Colorado Springs versions. So they've got a great story on overdose deaths increasing in Denver, which I'm sure does not surprise you as you listen today, right with everything else going on in Denver, but it's still horrific. And as you get into the numbers, it's actually mind blowing how many people are dying of overdoses in Denver. And that doesn't even get into how many other people are harmed, but thank God, are saved. So want to drill down on causes and fixes, because.
Speaker 3: You know what we're all worried about.
Speaker 2: Right, is first each of these innocent lives lost, and then you think of the families who are traumatized beyond that, but also it becoming the new normal, because that's one of the big cancerous dangers of the left, right, that all this horrible stuff just becomes the new normal, and that's the way the left wants it. Right is just accepted by society, and so no, we cannot allow that to happen. We have too much, too much respect for the value of each life. Speaking of which, our weekly segment with doctor Catherine Wheeler, former abortionist now Saves Lives, will she'll join us as she does every Thursday at five oh six. And the great thing is that this is a time we devote to discussing that the medical facts as they apply to the abortion issue, because obviously we've been debating for years the big arguments, and thank god now with Roe falling, you know that the states can actually make these decisions, so there's more focus and intensity in these debates. But then we get doctor Wheeler bringing in just the facts, ma'am, just the medical facts, and I think it's such value added. As we talk about the civil rights issue of all of our lifetimes do want to touch at some point on Columbia now ponying up two hundred million to settle with the Trump administration and rioting.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know where to start on.
Speaker 2: You know that the media nonsense of the day, I'd plan to start with. Did you see that peace in the Denver Post where they went out of their way to report on the South Park mockery of Trump and their season opener last night? But obviously the reason the Post did it is they wanted to write about the part of the South Park hit that was aimed at Donald Trump's private parts. So when it gets when it gets to the point I'm debating whether it even quoted or not. When it gets to the points, you have the Denver Post writing a news story just so they can use a mocking phrase about Trump's penis. I think you've reached a new depth there, right, But that is in fact what happened, But it may have been topped by ABC News at the top of the show.
Speaker 3: And it's such a tale of two cities, right.
Speaker 2: You've got our local news room, which is phenomenal, world class, and then you've got the ABC National News which is garbage. It's just leftist propaganda almost every day. And so what we heard at the top of the show today was pressure on Trump to release quote the full Epstein file, when any like kindergarten journalist would understand is no such thing as quote the full Epstein file. What is ABC really suggesting that the Trump administration should be releasing a video and stills of child porn because that would be part of the Epstein file or the names of innocent people in the sense that they may have been in Epstein's orbit but had no involvement whatsoever in any kind of child rape or anything like that. Is that really what ABC suggesting? But yeah, we all know what ABC's doing. Three all three, seven, one, three eight, two five five, the number, text d A N five seven, seventh through nine, the Pulse, the passing of Hulk Hogan. What's the most real sport? And we're not a sports show. We just talked sports during breaks. What's the most real sport out there? And are there any major sports that you would consider now?
Speaker 3: More like All Star wrestling?
Speaker 2: So we'll throw that into the mix, and as always, you can text us d an five seven, seven, three nine. I've accepted that this is the normal mode of communication these days in radio talk shows, and there's a lot we can do with that, right. I like it in the sense that we can get a lot quickly, especially if textures are kind enough to be short and precise, and the snarkier the better.
Speaker 3: We love our haters, but also call s. I'm and throw beck.
Speaker 2: I love the calls, and you can get some give and take and let it evolve. Three at three seven, one, three eight, two five five the number. How you doing today, my friend, other than the passing of the Hulk, Well, sure has you.
Speaker 4: For people of a certain age, and that would definitely include me in that wheelhouse.
Speaker 5: Dam I mean Hulk Hogan was it in the eighties?
Speaker 4: Is a pop culture icon as a wrestler, as a as a force.
Speaker 5: He was Thunderlips and Rocky three.
Speaker 4: You might recall that one of your favorite movies and trilogies and whatever you want to call it, four and.
Speaker 5: Five as well.
Speaker 4: But yeah, a very sad day, maybe very reflective. I'm feeling very nostalgic. I usually feel that way anyway, but especially today with the loss.
Speaker 3: Of Hulk Hogan.
Speaker 2: Condolences to you, my friend, and thank you yet we will play some of that sound of Hulk at the last UP convention right here.
Speaker 3: Was pretty epic there, so we'll get to that in a bit.
Speaker 2: I do want to pop some sound early, and then we'll jump on this story about the drug over dose deats in Denver, spiking the reasons why, what are the fixs, etc. But let me get into that with this compelling sound of a mother relaying the story of her Eagle Scout's son and the effects of quote legalized marijuana on him.
Speaker 3: Cup to Please.
Speaker 6: In twenty eighteen, I celebrated the graduation of my firstborn son, who was an Eagle Scout and honor student. Little did I know he had begun using marijuana to deal with his social anxiety as he entered college. When he came home for Thanksgiving break his sophomore year, I noticed changes in his behavior. He was irritable and aggressive, but I was unaware that he was using THHG products until he admitted to his position he was smoking.
Speaker 3: When he came home for.
Speaker 6: Christmas break, he started using THHC daily. He experienced his first psychotic break and was hospitalized. He only tested positive for THHC. He was discharged on a small dose of anti psychotic medication I allowed him to return to college, not then realizing the connection to THC and cannabis induced psychosis or CIP. Then COVID happened and he came home and got a job. There was a vapor smoke shop near our home, and he started using the delta ATHG products sold there, which are chemically derived from him. He soon became addicted, which also led to severe personality changes. He was again admitted to the hospital and then an intensive outpatient program. He returned to college the following semester. Howherever, he failed because he continued use of THHG products caused memory issues, confusion, and a decrease in his cognitive abilities, so.
Speaker 3: He had to leave school.
Speaker 6: He tried to work, but he just spent much of his paychecks at the local a store buying delta ATHD and CBD products, thinking they would help to take his mind away from his psychotic symptoms he was now experiencing. This led to a revolving door of hospitalizations, but none of them focused on his THHD addiction or tried to get him to stop. They only concentrated on stabilizing him on medication. Cannabis and Douce. Psychosis has devastated our lives. My son's brain health has been severely damaged, and our family has been traumatized. I now live on edge, not knowing if my son will ever be mentally stable again. I've not found any treatment programs as specialized or focused on CIP that are affordable or that our insurance will pay for. I've gone into debt, tending him to out of state programs and hopes that his brain will have a chance to heal. My son still has not grasped the fact that THHG products are the cause of his brain creating his false reality. Today, doctors diagnose him as schizophrenic, but typical antipsychotics don't take away the damage caused by their THHD products. My son is twenty four years old and living in his own private hell, all because he started smoking weed. I wish legislators would understand the danger of all THHD products, natural and synthetic on developing brains. Cannabis induce psychosis is real. It happened to my child. Educate your child on the arms of THC at Johnny's Ambassadors dot org.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and took that video off Johnny's Ambassadors you can find them on Twitter as well. A tremendous site and it was put in place after a wonderful young man, Johnny Stack, died by suicide after delusions from THHC psychosis. Dis legalized marijuana. It's not worth it. It's based on big lies and one of these days we've got to be able to reverse sixty four. You're on the Dan Capla.
Speaker 5: Show and now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 7: But what happened last week when they took a shot and my hero and they tried to kill the next president of the United States? Enough blaws enough uh, Bloodpomania roun bah brother blood Cropomania, rule again, Blood Copomania, make Omaca right again.
Speaker 2: As of course, I'll cripped off his shirts. So no confirmation at this point as to what took his life. No foul play suspected, but we'll keep you updated on that. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seventh three nine, lots of text rolling and already Dan marijuana ruin my son. He's in prison. I am sharing his story with Johnny's ambassadors dot org. It's truly one of the most important valuable web websites, but also of course on X Johnny's Ambassadors or an awful lot of moms whose kids have been devastated by marijuana, you know, bravely go on to that site and just don't buy the big lie, right, They sold it as quotes safer and what play some sound a little bit later. Did you hear that, Brian when you were cutting in this Hunter Biden sound where he's talking about how crack cocaine is safer than alcohol? But yeah, that that's always the pitch, right the druggies. They can't possibly justify all the death and destruction that comes with legalization of drugs on its own merit. They always have to say, oh, but but it's not as bad as alcohol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And now they've gone to the point, yeah, crack cocaine not as bad as alcohol. The big lies, So those are the ones that always get them.
Speaker 2: Let's see, Dan, everywhere I drive, I hold the horn down. It sure does upset a lot of people, but I've never hit an animal. I told you we have an amazing universe of textures out there because I put the word out to see if anybody has any great suggestions on how to reduce the chance of one of these horrific crashes with wildlife, and we're looking at this story. Woman killed in late night moose crash on Sea four seventy and Highland's Ranch. A woman died nearly two weeks ago after a crash involving a moose on Sea four seventy and Highlands Ranch. State Patrol announced Thursday morning. Happened about eleven thirty at night between University and quip Back on Sea four seventy. So driver traveling west hit the moose, which three other vehicles then hit in one vehicle, the woman driving lost control, causing the fatal injuries.
Speaker 3: And who could blame her?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're just not expecting, even if you're driving up here in the mountains, right, you're not necessariesssarily expecting wildlife to just pop out right in front of you. So if anybody has any tips, I'd thought I saw Ryan Wan some gadget on the internet somewhere, but probably some kind of scam. But anybody has any good tips, we are wide open to that because there was another one just a week later on that same stretch of C four seventy. Women swerve to avoid hitting a deer near Kipling and then ended up rolling, killing the driver.
Speaker 3: So wow, so sad.
Speaker 2: And you know, being in the type of work that I am, where we're doing these wrongful death cases, catastrophic injury cases, this thing that's always just so impossible to wrap your mind around, right, is that it all happens so suddenly the families intact, dad or mom are on their way home and then all of a sudden they never come back because of something like this, or more often it's some idiot, reckless driver or something like that. And we've talked about it before and we will again. It's not today's show, probably should be, but we really have to as a society just get sane and say, wait a second, why are we accepting so many of these unnecessary roadways deaths? I mean something like wildlife, what are you going to do? But far more often, right, and you know it out there on the road, far more often, you know, it's this this killer who's driving one hundred or one hundred and twenty weaving in and out of traffic, or the drunk driver or the drug driver or both, and you know who just doesn't care about human life, and then all of a sudden a kid doesn't have their mom anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that kind of stuff is a society.
Speaker 2: We got to start getting smart and we got to rise up and say we're going to kick the We're going to kick everything out of these people who are doing this to us.
Speaker 3: And if they don't kill you, they're terrifying you out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are sentencing of these people has to be many, many multiples of what it is now.
Speaker 3: And I know that that.
Speaker 2: You know our prisons, you know our prisons are pretty full in the very expensive but this is where what are we as a society stupid? You know, why don't we just open our minds and say, wait a second, Okay, what we are going to build.
Speaker 3: We are going to build new, less expensive facilities.
Speaker 2: They don't have to be anywhere near as expensive because there's not as much concern about a breakout and if they break out, we'll find them and then double their sentence, where we can start housing these people for a very long time, a very long time, for a lot less money. But this option of just saying, oh no, there's going to be this acceptable casualty rate because we're going to let all these morons you know, drive that way. No, No, Saint Society would do that some more Texters, Dan, is this treason enough for you? That person must have attached something and we can't take attachments to our text line, so we do not have that one three or three see three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 3: What do you think? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Ryan of Columbia forking over two hundred million? I know you guys have become close friends. I'm one of his biggest fans. Scott Jennings had have thought on this cut thirteen place.
Speaker 3: That's what he's doing.
Speaker 8: He's using a very big stick and heading people over the head with it. And there are people who are allowing themselves to be beat and others who are standing up on principle, taking the risk.
Speaker 3: What principle they're time? No, you don't. I love what Trump's doing. And it's Scott Jenning's point out it.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, Columbia is not paying two hundred million unless they got caught red handed.
Speaker 3: And we'll get to that sound after the break.
Speaker 2: So so many great things Trump's doing that will last a long time, including holding an institution like Columbia responsible for its for its abuse of Jewish students three or three someone three eight two five five text D A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 3: Why aren't.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast?
Speaker 9: They're high level DNC emails that detailed evidence of Hillary's quote psycho emotional problems, uncontrolled fits of anger, aggression, and cheerfulness, and that then Secretary Clinton was allegedly on a daily regiment of heavy tranquilizers. Then CIA Director Brennan and the intelligence community mischaracterized intelligence and relied on dubious, substandard sources to create a contrived, false narrative that putin developed a quote unquote clear preference for Trump.
Speaker 3: Wow, are you surprised to hear that about Secretary Clinton? Me?
Speaker 5: Personally, No, not at all. I mean this, this fits just next all the dots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just wonder three.
Speaker 2: Three someone three eight two five five text D A N five seven seven three nine. A texter Dan medium sized deer and smaller animals. If you face those on the roadway, do not swerve. If you're above forty miles per hour, break aggressively and prepare for impact. And I have no doubt that's good advice from our texter, because as we've been talking about on show today.
Speaker 3: You know, we saw a person who died out on.
Speaker 2: Sea four seventy the other day doing what I would have done, right, instinctively swerving to avoid a deer that suddenly appeared on the roadway. Right, I mean animal lovers, I'm an animal lover. You just don't want to hit that animal. It's immedia, it's instinctive. And I think this texture raises an important point that you know, and you're not expecting that moose on Sea four seventy, right, that took the woman's life a couple of weeks ago. But I guess we have to be and certainly when we get further out, we get out on the planes, get up here in the mountains where I'm broadcasting from today. You know, maybe what I need to do is just drive with more of a conscious mindset about anticipating. Okay, that animal appears in the roadway. You know, I've just got to break hard and prepare for impact rather than swerve. Now, our text draws the line at medium sized deer and smaller animals, the suggestion being that you know, if you're running into say a full size elk, you know, if you're running into God forbid, a bear or something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just don't know the stats on this. I just don't know at what point an animal is large enough that you know you're going to.
Speaker 2: Be killed if you hit it. I would have to think that that in a crash worthy enough vehicle, you're obviously going to have a better chance, the more crash worthy the vehicle is. I just don't know where that line would be drawn on animal size. What I worry about for myself, Ryan, and I bet you're the same way, and probably vast majority listening in our animal lovers, the instinctive reaction is going to be to swerve.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's the thing Kelly's cringing at the thought. But I'm sorry, but better the deer than you. You don't want to swerve, end up in a ditch, rolling over, killing yourself and the people in your vehicle. Sometimes the best move is just to straight ahead and not even slam on your brakes. Quite frankly, yeah, well, and you raise an important point.
Speaker 2: Used to be there just aren't bumper stickers around anymore, right, But used to be the eyebreak for animals bumper sticker And.
Speaker 3: Is that something that is responsible not responsible.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no doubt I'm driving down the road and all of a sudden, somebody's dog appears in front of me. I'm instinctively going to break. But then you're obviously jeopardizing human life around you. So what is the best way to handle those situations? Dan, I was driving near Steamboat Springs below the speed limit, looking for deer, and I still hit one. You can't avoid all collisions with wildlife, and sadly, people die trying to avoid the collision. It's difficult, but avoiding the urge to drive off the road can save your life, especially in Colorado with our extreme terrain.
Speaker 3: I think that's very very well said.
Speaker 2: But then how do you I think the only way to overcome that just instinctive reaction is to drive with that conscious mindset and put it on that pre flight checklist that animal roadway, don't swerve.
Speaker 3: But then again, at what size what size creature?
Speaker 2: You know, does the crash itself you know, become more serious? Yeah, I think it's just going to depend on vehicle, right size of vehicle, all the other circumstances, and so much of it comes down to this general advice.
Speaker 3: You don't need for me.
Speaker 2: You already know it, but I feel obligated to give it since each and every day in my practice, I'm dealing with these my law practice, I'm dealing with these horrible tragedies right where somebody was alive one second and now they're not, Or they were healthy one second and now they're impaired for life. And the quality of the vehicle a person is in makes such a difference. And I just and I know people already do this, but I'd recommend accessing every source of information you can about the safety of the kind of vehicle you're looking to buy, new or used before you buy.
Speaker 3: It, because it makes such a dramatic difference. And we have a texture.
Speaker 2: You saw Ryan who said they heard that somebody who died in one of these crashes we've been talking about did not have a seat belt.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's true or not.
Speaker 2: But what I do know, just for my own practice in forty one years of doing wrongful death cases, is that your chance of dying in a wreck goes down astronomically if you're wearing a seat belt. And now I've still handled many, many, many cases where somebody wearing a seat belt was killed but just your odds are so much better with a belt on, whether it's death or or a serious injury. But then you look at all of these paralysis cases and all these horrific injuries inflicted when people do have a belt on. All I'm saying is whatever you can do to get you and your loved ones into the safest vehicle you can, it really makes a big difference. Especially Ryan, what is this explosion of people going over one hundred miles an hour, weaving in and out of traffic, you know, in these and there's no message intended here beyond the statement of fact. You know, in these cars that probably cost somebody a few hundred bucks, you know what I mean. And it wouldn't matter if somebody was in a Hugatti or was in one one of those cars that cost a few hundred dollars. But there's an explosion of the ladder going on. Well, where do you think that comes from?
Speaker 3: Have no idea? Okay, I think you do. I've never heard you say I have no idea that.
Speaker 5: Well, no, there's a lot of things are out of my depth. Yeah, outside my wheelhouse.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, And just based on what I do in my own practice.
Speaker 2: I think an awful lot of this comes back to, you know, legalization of drugs comes back to you get particularly a lot of younger people. But it's not limited to that. You just have we see so many more people impaired at like seven or.
Speaker 3: Eight in the morning. You know, it's just changed so much in Colorado since once Colorado became known as the legalized drug state.
Speaker 2: Right, you attract a whole lot of people, and then you have people born here who then get into their teens and all of it's green lighted, and it just causes so much more chass on the roadway. I mean, look at the Denver Gazette story, Denver sees twenty percent increase in drug overdose deaths over past year. Drug overdose deaths both pardon me, drug overdose rates both fatal and non fatal, increased by more than twenty percent in Denver through July of this year, the highest levels the city has seen since twenty twenty three, when nearly six hundred people died from drug use.
Speaker 3: It's not immediately clear if this trend.
Speaker 2: Is occurring statewide or only hammering Colorado's most populous city. If the trend persist, Denver would be on track to surpass the number of non fatal cases in twenty twenty three, when more than three thousand overdoses were reported in so far as fatal cases. The months of March and May this year recorded the highest number of overdose deaths in the last six years. All told, a city dashboard showed a twenty two point seven percent spike in non fatal overdoses through July.
Speaker 3: And then it gets into a bunch of numbers.
Speaker 2: In terms of the fatals, the increase was from two twenty four to two seventy three over that same period. And then they quote somebody in the story makes a good point. Imagine if this many people were dying from homicides or car accidents, I'm perplexed why it's not getting more attention? Great point, And why do you think it's not getting more attention now? Starting point is the lefties who own and operate Denver. They don't want to get an attention right. The lefties who own and operate the state, they don't want it getting attention right because it goes right back to their failures of policy. But think about that, Think about that massive body count. What do you think is causing it what's the fix three all three seven one three A two five five the number tex DN five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 3: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 3: You know like sixties used to be and seventy you know many like fifties.
Speaker 5: Andy Connall has interviewed William Shatner.
Speaker 3: And he's what ninety three always okay, and.
Speaker 5: He sounds your age, no joke. Yeah, he even has a compliment to him too, not as oh no, no.
Speaker 3: No, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: And and then as you know, my uncle, we have him on the Showeth the Priest in Chicago ninety three and yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh Shatner could have like a sitcom together that the same age. And your your uncle is remarkable, Dan, just like William Shatner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know he still does three messes a week and he packs the place unreal because he's always had it down, you know, the eight minutes sermons.
Speaker 3: He has one key point he's going to make. He has a great joke.
Speaker 2: He talks about the bears or the bulls or the socks of the cubs, and he's done, and people love that and they walk away getting the point he wanted to make yeah, three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three.
Speaker 3: I do want to get to this sound in a second.
Speaker 2: But some of these textures coming in, you know, because we played very compelling sound earlier from a mom whose child is devastated by marijuana. You know this THHC psychosis, which is so common. And then you get these texters who write in and say, yeah, I feel so bad for the mom, but where's the proof it was the THHC that caused the psychosis? And I assume this text is very sincere in their question. Now, what we often hear from the industry is this BS defense of oh, correlation but not causation garbage. Wait a second, you know University of Real Life, that's where the best studies come from.
Speaker 3: And what you got is you got in this example and it's documented. You got this kid, he's doing.
Speaker 2: Great in every way, then all of a sudden he starts using marijuana, and then all of a sudden he starts having this psychosis and everything else and the only drug and his systems THC. And I'm not saying the texture, but for the dope dealers, the so called legalized dope dealers. No amount of proof is ever going to be enough, right, because that's how they make their money, That's how they buy their ferraris and their big mansions. Is all these kids now whose lives are ruined and their parents are heartbroken and in all this human tragedy out there.
Speaker 3: Three three seven, three eight two five five five seven seven three nine. Hey, let's go to this.
Speaker 2: A good story from CBS four about this issue we've been spending a lot of time on, which is this enormously dangerous loophole the left foot in Colorado law, where you can have somebody committing all these serious crimes, but if they're not mentally competent to stand trial, no got to cut them a brake.
Speaker 3: That's garbage play. The piece will be dropped, I guess.
Speaker 8: The suspect usually trying to kidnap a child on a playground in a Rapo County last year.
Speaker 10: The District Attorney's office says its.
Speaker 3: Hands are tied.
Speaker 10: Terry Creek Schools released edited video showing a man trying to snatch a child from the elementary school during recess. This happened in April of twenty twenty four. That's suspect Solomon Gallaghan has a long criminal history and a long history of mental health problems as well. The report Gabrielle Vidal explains why that complicates this case.
Speaker 11: There was a lot of frustration among families and elected officials who spoke outside the Rapaho County Justice Center just five days before the eighteen Judicial District Attorney's office is set to dismiss charges against Solomon Gallaghan for the intempted abduction of a child on a playground last year. We spoke with the Office of Civil and Forensic Mental Health earlier this week, who say a new legislation enacted last year requires a court to dismiss charges against someone whom the state has determined cannot be restored to competency in order to stand trial. But the law also provides a pathway for the DA's office to pursue civil commitment and house Gallagan at a mental hospital. The parents worried that will only keep him off the streets for so long.
Speaker 12: As I understand it, max is a year, right, So we have a year and then they're out. If there's not a space at the mental facility, then essentially the goes And that's the big fear here.
Speaker 11: We'll share more reaction from elected officials and families, as well as one father's mission to preventing crimes like this from happening in his community in the future. That's all come out tonight at ten on CBS Colorado in a Rapeo County Gabriel Vite I'll cover and call it.
Speaker 5: A first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did we ever get to this point? Right? I mean, it's such insanity and I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I still marvel at it. Will it ever get bad enough? I a the left? Obviously this state is headed in one direction right under leftist rule?
Speaker 2: Will it ever get bad enough that people elect Republicans statewide? I don't want to see it get bad. I want to see it be good. But we all know where this is headed, right. It's just gravity. You cannot do garbage like that. You cannot do this stuff the left does and make us so radically pro criminal, an anti innocent person without the weight of that just pulling you into the sewer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now you know my theory, Ryan, and you've never told me if you agree with it or not.
Speaker 2: But my theory is that, yes, yes, you know, this spell will be broken and the way it's going to be broken is there's going to be that one GOP candidate who catches fire statewide and wins one of the big state wide races, might be centator, might be governor, and then then will hit a tipping point right that spell will be broken. The money will think, hey, there's a chance to win in Colorado. That person who wins the state wide office becomes the face of the party. Because think about it. Think about it right now, the Colorado GOP has an awful lot of talent in it, an awful lot, but it doesn't have a face of the party statewide.
Speaker 3: And think about what a crippling, you know, loss that is for a party. But that will change.
Speaker 2: It's going to take the one candidate the right circumstances catching fire, and then I think the whole dynamic starts to shift. Let's get back to some of a great Texters, by the way, talk about value added. If you haven't heard her before, doctor Catherine Wheeler joins us every Thursday at five six and she used to perform abortions. She's a medical doctor, obviously, and she joins us to talk about the medical realities of abortion.
Speaker 3: You know, she is now saving lives, and those are.
Speaker 2: The greatest heroes in the pro life movement, which I'm proud to have been a small part of for many, many years. And that is the people who've had abortions and the people who used to conduct abortions who are now out there, you know, helping to save children. I mean, those are the ultimate heroes in the pro life movement. And always just great to be able to talk medical fact with her because I'm just a firm believer Ryan that these enormous strides that have been made in the pro life movement, all the lives saved over the years, all these races one you know that at the heart of that has been the advent of ultrasound technology, which now advanced so far right, But even in the primitive days of ultrasound, whoever walked up to Ryan Schulan and said, hey, look at my fetus.
Speaker 3: Never, No, they hand you the picture and they say look at my baby. That blew up the big life from the left.
Speaker 2: But what we get from doctor Wheeler these more advanced medical facts and.
Speaker 3: It just it helps, it helps save lives. Its value added Doctor Wheeler next on the Dan Kapla Show,