Speaker 1: Thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. Don't forget. You can get the home game version of Initials at Initials Game dot com. Versions four and five available. You can get autographed versions, t shirts and more at Initials Game dot com, and you can get information about Initials Game Live at Initials Game live dot com. You can play Initials all over.
Speaker 2: Town, bars, breweries, restaurants.
Speaker 1: Find out the locations and times at Initials Game live dot com. Again, thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. All Things Initials available at Initials Game dot com.
Speaker 3: Join Corey call for course Light Hockey Night on Tuesday, November fifth at Kazi's and still Water Watchman so that, take on l A and play trivia for your chance. Minut a pair of sweet tickets to the game on January ninth against Colorado.
Speaker 1: Got all the details now at KFE dot com. Keyword calendar didn't if.
Speaker 2: He's to do smelling salts or not, I don't know. Yeah, these six MARTI can't stop start.
Speaker 1: Going. You're an added money.
Speaker 2: I can't stop. Have you done that the last two weeks though?
Speaker 1: Because you got you got to get superstitious and find that routine that makes you win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I locked him.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready, let's go, right, you understand the rules kind of right, you get it, You get the gist of it. All right, let's go.
Speaker 3: Time for initials Game five forty six on the Power presented by Hurlbert, Eating and Plumbing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to Hurlbert and actually had him out to the house this week.
Speaker 2: They were awesome.
Speaker 1: Did you realize?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I had a while I was in Europe, we had a U.
Speaker 1: Water problem that was fun, right, come back to basically a half flooded basement. So Hurlbert came out this week. They fixed the problem, and then the dude was awesome. The dude, uh, he said he's been doing this stuff for like forty years and basically told me that another company that I had worked with in the past had lied to.
Speaker 2: Me when they installed something.
Speaker 1: And he kind of went Rix Spielman, remember when Rix Bilman whispered to Josh Freeman, tell him you're very excited about being on.
Speaker 2: The vikings that whole bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had me call the company that he claimed lied to me, and then basically walked.
Speaker 2: Me through the they're going to say this, this, and this.
Speaker 1: If they say this, don't admit this, but they're lying to you.
Speaker 2: And he walked me through the phone call.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this guy is the best, and everything he said they were going to say, they said, dude, he was the best.
Speaker 2: So shout out to Jim from Hurlbert.
Speaker 1: He fixed the problem and also probably saved me long term money. Good for wheeling and dealing and giving me good advice. It was like a free agent, Martie. It's my guidance counselor. And he fixed the problem.
Speaker 2: Anymore, right, he fixed my leak, and I think he fixed a financial leak from a different company.
Speaker 1: Wait, thank you took away your wife's red card? Oh do you know how much I would have tipped him if he had done that?
Speaker 2: Thousands of dollars and I still would have been saving money.
Speaker 4: Did you call your wife pretending to be from Target.
Speaker 1: And she's gonna say that the red card staves you.
Speaker 4: Our friends and Hurlbert Heating and Plumbing are the presenting sponsor of the initials Heating and Plumbing keeping homes comfortable for over sixty five years. New customers get a forty nine dollars furnace tune up and safety check called six one two two hundred twenty one twenty today or schedule online at hurlberthp dot com and by the way, that's h u rlbu rt Hurlbert HP dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, those guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: And also maybe you notice it last week or this morning thanks to the new title sponsor Hurlbert, one hundred dollars gift cards on the line if you guess the initials on social media. So if you didn't take advantage of that last week or today, moving forward, just make sure you pay attention every Friday morning and you can guess the initials on social All right, let's go around the room sauce. What happens if you win game.
Speaker 2: Five forty six.
Speaker 5: I am sponsored by my amazing friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza. They have a deal of the week at Coburn's cash Wise and Marcus market Place Foods.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, all.
Speaker 6: Seventh Avenue pizzas on sale two for ten bucks with a digital coupon or two for thirteen bucks without And if I win today, tweet me in tag Seventh Avenue Pizza to the end of today and one of you could win one hundred dollars to put towards restocking your freezer, which seventh Avenue, Bate.
Speaker 2: Christopher, go for it.
Speaker 1: I'm sponsored by Radcoat radco dot com.
Speaker 4: You'll receive ten percent off your entire order now through Monday in store online radco dot com when you use a perma code initials if I win, discousin doesn't apply toppers, but it does everything else.
Speaker 1: Thank you Radcoat, Well Marky Mark Parrish.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 7: I am sponsored by today by my great friends at ABC American Building Contractors, And if I win today, tweet at me at Mark D. Parrish and tweet and tag at ABC will help through the end of Sunday and one lucky winner will win a one hundred dollars Visa gift card. Thank you, American Building Contractors.
Speaker 2: Let's talk guy back to.
Speaker 1: Back defending champion, Marnie Gelliner, what happens if you win for a third secular?
Speaker 2: That sounds so good? That doesn't sound so?
Speaker 8: I'm sponsored by my hometown friends at Great Clips. So if I win today, tweet me tag Greg Clips. Through the end of Sunday, one lucky winner will get one year of free haircuts at Great Clip Salon. By Now you know the drill because it's been back to back.
Speaker 1: Three in a row for I don't care for Moreno, why why would he care? What the hell does he? Heyy and the visa collider of the Minnesota Lynks is making her Initials debut. Good luck and the FISA. I can understand it live. Yeah, unrivaled sponsors in the sponsor if you sweet me, you can come pay for take it in Miami. We'll play, we'll play. That's a similar deal that I've been running on Initials Game dot Com for years. If you go to the Initials Game dot Com here you can buy versions four and five of the home version Initials Game dot Com. It's the holiday start buying Christmas presents and stuff. Power trippers like this game. I think go buy it at Initials Game dot com. All right, before we play game five forty six, one of you listeners out there has a crack at seventy seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: For the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials jackpot.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right, you're heard, seventy seven thousand dollars. You looking to buy a new car, save money and your Kurklan Carlan will deal with Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now offering carl and rass on a six point two nine percent of by today at Saint Paul FCU dot org, slash cafe and federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 1: Check this out in the feature This is super cool. We've been doing this for a year. So every week this Progressive Jackpop thanks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union goes up five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: If the caller guesses one of the two letters I'm.
Speaker 1: About to use in the right spot, they win two hundred and fifty bucks, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: He's two fifty.
Speaker 1: But if they say both in the right spot, they win the Progressive jackpot, which is now seventy seven thousand dollars. It's got dollar twice it is. This is the biggest by a mile. The biggest ever was thirty one five. Carl won that a handful of years ago. But now this person gets a shot at seventy seven thousand dollars. Good morning, What is your name and where are you from? Hey? My name is two. I am from Excelsior, Minister Sue from Exhaus.
Speaker 2: I love Sue.
Speaker 1: So my mom's name was Sue. Sauce's names Sauces mom's name is Sue. We love sues. We want you to win seventy seven thousand dollars. Gotta be lucky, right, Yeah, there you go, and uh and Sausa's dad as a lawyer, He's probably sued millions of people. He's gonna see bad behavior. There we go, right, Sue in Excelsior has a crack at seventy seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: We all want you to win. What letters are you guessing? Well, I'm going to guess and T N as.
Speaker 1: In Nintendo NT Nintendo and then tennessee n T. Okay, you're going n T for a shot. Come on, come on, this is for our moms. Yeah right, come on, our moms and all the moms at Hawk probably loves as well.
Speaker 2: I love them all.
Speaker 1: Does Sue an Excelsior have at least one right for two point fifty and a shot at seventy seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Sue's going and my grandson T let's go. Are your grandson's initials NT?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, sorry, shouldn't named or something else? Okay, Sue's the best. I don't think she had control over naming her grand Uh.
Speaker 2: True, she did have one letter in the wrong.
Speaker 1: Spot because the T is the first letter, not the second letter.
Speaker 2: H t J. Jay's a tough one. T was gettable.
Speaker 1: TJ is the combo for game five forty six. Again, yell out your name. Your name is your buzzer. If you get it right, you get a point. If you get it wrong, you're off for the rest of just that item. You do have to pronounce the answer correctly. One thing I always forget to tell the first timers and FISTA, I always forget to tell first time or is this if sauce rings in it says like sauce, you get five seconds to answer before you're out right Okay, So if Sauce rings in and he's like and he's thinking about it, you can ring in and kind of hold your space. If you know it, you don't have to wait the five seconds to ring it. As soon as you think you know it, just yell out your name and we'll worry about when you get to say the answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it all right, Here we go, Game five forty six t J. Here's number one. Clue number one.
Speaker 1: In a sense, debuted in nineteen seventeen in a hotel in Indiana. Clue number two often has an association with salt.
Speaker 9: Clue number three is red. Clue number four.
Speaker 1: This is initially created by squeezing Hawk tomato juice. Juice gets Christ on the board. Nice job. That's how the game works. And if he says, now you got eleven to get on the board, twelve, okay, eleven shots the best out of twelve.
Speaker 2: Anybody maybody, anybody, anybody but.
Speaker 3: That one.
Speaker 1: Oh God Jesus, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is Marno listening to this or is he home with the kids.
Speaker 1: He's probably listening.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's a.
Speaker 1: Boy because Parish is playing.
Speaker 2: I was so confused, Marnie.
Speaker 1: I was like, what slogan for my buddy? Do I have no clue? I never heard that before.
Speaker 2: Marno, Hawk has one. Here's number two in this room TJ.
Speaker 1: Clue number one, in a sense, was added in the nineteenth century in the United States.
Speaker 2: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: This is sometimes removed or excluded. Clue number three, this is rectangular. Clue number four is often considered to be wild Hawk.
Speaker 2: Mark Hawk was first the joker.
Speaker 1: That's right, that is the joker. Yeah, that's why that's why we complained when he said TV yep, it can be the yes is the car, the card, the joker. All of those clues were the card related. I was going to get to the batman villain in a second. Those four were all card related. Yeah, joker, hawk has the first two. Nice job here, how's it going on? Here's number three of TJ Clue number one commonly feature stripes.
Speaker 2: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Gained popularity in the nineteen sixties and have experienced ups and downs with multiple waves of prominence.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: This is often one half of a combination. Clue number four.
Speaker 1: This is considered to be casual.
Speaker 9: Clue number five.
Speaker 1: This features a zipper go for it tuxedo jacket.
Speaker 2: There you go, all right, you fired?
Speaker 1: All right, So so you're out for the rest of number three. But good guess at least you you you take a took a shot.
Speaker 2: Final clue of number three.
Speaker 9: Clue number six.
Speaker 1: Often worn by athletes, Mark yep training jacket. Ifsa Colie, you're out, Mark Parish out let me finish. Clue six. Clue number six, often worn by athletes, celebrities and eighties break dancers.
Speaker 2: Paul five four three.
Speaker 10: Tearaway jacket, Chris team Jersey, No, my lord, that's true? Five Was that the end of the clue. Yeah, okay, five, four three two true jug what.
Speaker 2: Anybody in the room know it. It's a track jackets. John Kluleska got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a track jack get part of the track suit track jackets. All right. I think we guessed every kind of jacket in Jersey and nobody gets track jacket. And we're on the number four problem. Dupe unrivaled should have logo, track jackets and tracksuits for casual. We're in Miami, totally junk. Yeah, that's what classic Marno actually, like Miami in the eighties probably did have a lot of well like Don Johnson's suits and then some track jackets when they were dealing cold. Yeah, Chris Hockey has two. Here's number four of t J Clue number one. The name was inspired by a restaurant that had a Polynesian theme.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: It's namesake died in twenty twenty.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Its logo is red and white. Clue number four.
Speaker 1: One of the words refers to buying and selling physical goods. Smart Hawk was first trader, nice.
Speaker 2: Child, the boy. Three you guys.
Speaker 1: And a three point lead. He's gotten all three so far. Track Jackey such as a trader Joe's Chris has three. Everybody else so far shutout with through four.
Speaker 2: In your research.
Speaker 5: True that the prices are so low because it was a company owned by a couple and when they got divorced, one of them didn't want to give the other one a ton of money, so they dropped all the prices. Is that true? That's what I've heard. I thought maybe you'd know because you did much recent Sorry, I ruined the momentum.
Speaker 1: Keep going.
Speaker 2: Here's number five t J clue number.
Speaker 1: One often associated with stress and frustration.
Speaker 2: Mark okay, jitters, guess that's a great dress.
Speaker 1: It's a creative, creative but no, Mark Parrish out for the rest of number five.
Speaker 2: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Can add significant time. Martie traffic jam. Don't hit her, hands off, don't hit her. God, you're very physical. You just broke her hand. Yeah, way to go, pressure cargo, way to go, Martins, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Quick, Could you do that again? Can you guys do that again?
Speaker 1: Quick? Yeah? Foul on the from He's gonna dialogue. I'm very prepared for that.
Speaker 2: Podcast three. Morto is on the board with one. Here's number six of TJ clue Number one.
Speaker 1: Has been destroyed by a famous fictional character.
Speaker 2: Clue number two, one of the words means Eastern capital.
Speaker 9: Clue number three is associated with a drift.
Speaker 1: Mark yep, Tokyo Japan. That's right, is Toyo Japan? Godzilla crushed?
Speaker 2: That's it? Throwing me the combination.
Speaker 1: I can't think of words stuff until.
Speaker 8: They say them, and you're like, oh yeah, are you still thinking about Trader Joe's and the couple and if they're.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out, just.
Speaker 5: Trying to get back at him to Lois, I think it's true, though, we will all learn after the show.
Speaker 3: Go on.
Speaker 1: My lord, the two winners who don't like to lose both are zeros, right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not having fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not having fun, and you're not you Corey, You're handsome. Just keep going. That's not really being a sore loser. That was very nice. It's weird, all right.
Speaker 1: Here we go. We're halfway through the game hawk Ass three, Marni and Parachute, but I have tons of time. Here's number seven of TJ. Clue number one can be physical or digital. Clue number two often features thoughts, observations, and experiences. Fee go for it travel journals.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was great kid, two clues.
Speaker 1: That was pretty bige. That was great way to go. Why do you have one? Is that why I clicked it? Just clicked. I got the game.
Speaker 2: Now I don't even Rebecca Brunson already outscored both of them in their debuts. All right, Collier on the board with travel, let's go breathe lines, breathe. How cool would it be?
Speaker 1: It would be so rigged if on item twelve, like Noficia mispronounces something and then I give it to Marnie and then Cheryl says I stole it from her.
Speaker 2: H hawd cast.
Speaker 1: Three on the board with one and Marty has one, Parish has one.
Speaker 2: Here's number eight of TJ.
Speaker 9: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: This is informal or slang clue number two. The goal is to avoid this.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Another goal is to get out clue number four. This can be connected to an extended period of time.
Speaker 9: Clue number five features bars final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: Jail or prison is often referred to as hawk the joint. That's the joint joint. I was really jail. I was like, no, that was one. Glad that you started the last clue with jail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that's what I want to say, the jail.
Speaker 8: But yeah, boy, you had the US backwards and you were going for jail time and I'm like, oh my gosh, it's jail time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is incorrect.
Speaker 1: I know, Hawk Christopher one more. Yeah, because you have a three point lead with four to go.
Speaker 2: So if you get any of the.
Speaker 1: Remains, nice job, guys. Chris wins either way. Though, Let's let's get some more points in the FEASA. Let's get back into this.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Here is Here is number nine of t J clue number one, features and approach.
Speaker 1: You'll care that you're going for it, triple jump. That's right?
Speaker 2: God, are you kidding me? Marnie?
Speaker 1: Did you have it hot?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: I did not not even close, not even close. I like how all of us thought you temporarily had acid reflex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the whole game stop.
Speaker 2: You no idea what was going on there? You don't care over there, And then you're like, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna I wasn't and then it's like doing I thought you were Ashley Simpson on Saturday Night.
Speaker 1: Lift for a second. Marnie gets point number two after a friend. Clue I just said features and approach and you knew it was triple jump was so three to go and Crystal has a two point lead.
Speaker 2: Same thing still for Chris.
Speaker 1: If Chris gets any of the remaining three, he still wins, but Marnie's trying to chip away and get back in this Chris going through the way. Here's number ten of TJ. Clue number one is an accumulation. Clue number two is debris. Clue number three can give off an unpleasant smell. Clue number four mark the junk yard. Nope, Okay, mark the rest of number Yeah, a lot of that makes sense. Marks out for the rest of number ten. Clue number four, one of the words is a body parts. Paul was first, is a toe jamser is a boy? That was a big one.
Speaker 2: That was That was a big one for the good guys back here big All right.
Speaker 1: Here's the old situation that mathematically eliminates sauce on Fisa and Parish, but keep playing.
Speaker 2: Still get points. Nice job.
Speaker 1: The only scenario now is Chris wins unless Marnie gets the last two. You get last.
Speaker 2: Any other combination and Chris is the winner. Come on, now, I'm gonna start trying, Sonfisa.
Speaker 1: This is what we always say. Play the game straight up. If you if you get it, just ring in. If Marnie will understand if you get the point, that's part of the game. Geez, collusion on the winning team, thought the liberty. Chris going for the win, Marnie needs the last two for the tie. Here's number eleven of TJ. Clue number one originally lasted just six months.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Was revived briefly twenty two years later.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: In a true sense, yep, I've for the Jetson.
Speaker 1: That's right, Chris wins the Jetsons is the right answer. And how did you come up with the Jetsons?
Speaker 2: I just revived.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I think it's a TV show, and then I was going through all the TV shows and then.
Speaker 2: That was the one you stumbled on, the Jetsons.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Chris is going to win. But just for fun, here's number twelve. If he's to get on the board. This is basically you versus Whalen in your debuts. If you get this right, then you're the greatest link state here in history.
Speaker 2: Twelve. Just for fun, here's number twelve of TJ.
Speaker 1: Clue number one associated with respect, gratitude, or appreciation.
Speaker 2: Clue number two. This is usually but not exclusively clear.
Speaker 1: Mark, go for it, Tip Jar, that was super good, well done, Tip Jar, all right, yeah, play everybody got on the board. The Travel Journal was outstanding. Applause, Corade, that was fantastic, well done. Chris, what happened was pretty cool? Chris one game five forty six? What happened? John?
Speaker 4: Radco Record dot com all week and long through Monday. As a matter of fact, you get ten percent off your entire order now through Monday online at radcord dot com or in store. Just use the promo code initials. Discount doesn't apply to applies to everything else. Thank you, Radco.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, Mars. No one had ever won three straights. It was a little unrealistic for you to think that you were going to do it. That was tying with history.
Speaker 7: Where was Taco john Thank you, Thank you Thomas Jefferson and Taco John's that's all I have.
Speaker 2: I thought the first one was Taco Johns.
Speaker 4: And if you know what fee, you would have been in trouble if you hadn't gotten Thomas Jefferson being the year from Jefferson City. Yeah, you know, there'd been people out there wondering how you could have missed that.
Speaker 1: So it's good hedn't.
Speaker 8: He was nice from there though, No, just ja that's where the Jeffersons were from, Jemen.
Speaker 1: I please have your attention. Yeah, I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying no. So about a month ago I sent out a flair going like, hey, I wonder if this person could play initials, and then weeks later we got confirmation two weeks from today.
Speaker 2: This is pretty cool, Martins.
Speaker 1: When you were growing up in the old nineteen nineties, did you watch a little show called Singled Out on MTV? Sure?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 1: Do you remember who was on that show, Carson Daily? You don't remember it? Well, it was Jenny McCarthy, right, she was the the guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, right right? Is she gonna be? No?
Speaker 1: But if you watch The Wall on NBC, if you watch Talking Dead on AMC, or if you watch Singled Out, Chris Hardwick two weeks from today plays initials. He's at actme all week and in the week. If I think it's like Thursday, Friday, Saturday, it's two weeks from now. So Chris Hardwick is playing initials and hanging out on the Power Trip two weeks from to day.
Speaker 2: Wow, I can't wait to meet that dude. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Man, I freaking loved singled Out? How has that not been revived? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is it problematic or something? Now?
Speaker 1: To get fifty gals just to line up? And I mean they did guys.
Speaker 2: And gals, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. How's that not being broughten Backroby?
Speaker 2: How is that not?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, let's bring back singled Out. Let's talk to Chris about that in two weeks. I'm talking to me about it now.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, you talked to the other Chris. A nice win, Daddy, tell you it's been a long time, boy. Thank you, you did a great job.
Speaker 8: Maybe come back sometimes now.
Speaker 2: She got a little got her feet beneath her welcome back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't like these initials. I think I just needed a new Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: You know who really didn't like him was Sue in Excelsior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did not like these ones.
Speaker 2: She wanted NT for seventy seven thousand.
Speaker 1: Well, next Friday will be seventy seven, five hundred, seventy seven to five next Friday and the pizza. Thanks for hanging out. Really nice meeting you. Martie said a lot of nice things about you. Most of them seem to be true. You and Sauce can bond about how you both hate losing, and the rest is history.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming in. Thank you guys.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awesome And when does it start? January? When January?
Speaker 1: First game? Awesome? Congrats on that. That's super cool. Get that, get that paycheck. Nine to noon is next Buffalo Wild Wings, he said Blaine, right? Was it?
Speaker 2: Blame Blaine?
Speaker 1: Nine in noon the Pa Charging Company got your Viking stuff covered. The next three hours. We're back five thirty to nine on Monday.
Speaker 2: Everybody have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: See up qu sad.
Speaker 4: Everybody have a wonderful day, right up, hey, then you have a wonderful day.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas everybody, Nord Christmas, Sabath.
Speaker 1: I love you all the world.
Speaker 9: We floun