Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Post Office to honor Betty White with their own stamp next year. And if you've ever wanted to lick the backside of Betty White? Now wait what?
Speaker 3: Wow? What?
Speaker 4: I was trying to be clever that yeah, like Amy and now.
Speaker 1: Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody, Taco Tuesday, November nineteenth, As we start our Taco Tuesday Show eight. Before I say hello to everybody, we have some pre senior management visiting us this morning. From my heart, Chris and Mike, and I actually spent some time with Chris over the weekend, who's one of the shows, because I am a sycophantic ass kisser, and so we spent a little bit of time together over the weekend. I can't tell you what he actually looks like. I've never seen his face because my face is implanted so firmly on his ass. So anyway, welcome a board for a part of the show that was that was gross, also very true. Hey, hey, how long have I been here? Exactly long time? How do you think I got to where I am?
Speaker 4: Wipe wipe, off your nose, would you.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's the point that is success. I have spoken, I have spoken to many a business class, and I said, there is a way to succeed in this world now as a man, I can't do. Never mind, let's just not let's just move on.
Speaker 2: I always said, I've always said handle you put the suck in success, sir.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's probably true. Actually, Good morning, Neil, good morning, good morning, and and good morning to you. Hi Bill, Hi there you go, Amy, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi Bill.
Speaker 6: I wish you would have told me about that sucking up to the bosses thing. They've been sitting in here with me all through wake up call.
Speaker 3: J Just you can still do it, you know, you do what I do. What I did this weekend. Hey, you're the best manager I've ever experienced in my life, and I've seen a whole lot of them. Whole. You are good. I'll give you the lessons.
Speaker 5: Okay, good, I obviously need some.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I don't know you're still here, so what can I tell you? All right? And cono, good morning, Good morning Bill. All right, we're all here twenty nine degrees in Palmdale. Did you actually say that?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's racing up there.
Speaker 3: Oh, so now you have you have to do a farm report because there's a lot of agriculture up there. Do they have smudge pots?
Speaker 5: Do we use those?
Speaker 3: They do still use those smudge pots. Do we know what smudge pots are? I do? Okaykno, you don't know what smudgepot is. And you know what a smudgepot is? I do not, okay, Neil, smudgepot?
Speaker 4: Is that a warming device?
Speaker 3: It is a warming device. What it is is these they all they're big candles, is what they are. But metal containers with some kind of wax or oil, probably some kind of oil that is lit between the trees and orchards and they create a ton of smoke, and smoke will actually, within two three degrees, will keep fruit from freezing. Citrus fruit gets nailed a lot with the cold, and it can be twenty nine degrees, it can be thirty degrees and still will not freeze because of smudge pots. Hey, I watched Jeopardy Leave me alone? Okay, All right, guys, are you ready to do it? On this Tuesday? We have a lot of news. Handle on the news, Amy Neil me lead story. One thing you have to admit about President elect Trump there's no secret agenda there. I mean, he does what he says, he says what he does, and he has confirmed that his deportation strategy. He said day one he will be signing an order. I absolutely believe that, and that is mass deportations. Although we'll talk about that a little later. That's kind of not easy to do, easy to say, but you know, deporting eleven million people in one day. I just want the bus franchise. I told you that. And he says it's going to include the military to help with the deportations. Boy, there is an issue on that one. The military can provide support legally, can they actually engage in any kind of law enforcement in the United States? They cannot not allowed to according to federal law.
Speaker 4: So wait, wait, wait, wait, So that.
Speaker 3: You can't have army cops running around outside, I think that.
Speaker 2: But you can't enforce things with with military at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, military has to stay out of civilian said, they're not civililians. Military has to stay out of civilians.
Speaker 2: Civilian But I'm saying that illegal immigrants are not citizens, No, but they're civilians.
Speaker 3: They're civilians. Just because they're illegal doesn't mean they don't have constitutional protections. There's no exception to the military all of a sudden being able to deal with illegal immigrants. There residents, whether they're illegal or not is a different issue. That's for an immigration court to determine whether they're legal or illegal.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And there are there are rules that allow deportations, but asylum hearings. It's very complicated stuff. But the point is he's saying military, He's gonna go with the military. The ACLU said, we are going to file the lawsuit instantly, which is going to happen. It's gonna be an interesting run. I've said that, pardon.
Speaker 4: Can we deport the ACLU first?
Speaker 3: You know, one thing about the ACLU, and the ACLU is kind of nuts in many many ways. You know, they're someone once described the ACLU, and I thought it was perfectly. Ninety five percent of the time the ACLU interferes, they're a bunch of asses. Uh. They take civil liberties to the point where they're absolutely ridiculous, and then five percent of the time they are priceless in America because they're the last bastion. And the ACLU is really interesting. They for example, have upheld Nazi marches. Did you know that in Scogi, Illinois. There was a huge story about white nationalists and pro Nazi demonstrators going down getting a permit down the street of Scogi, Illinois, which is the biggest single community of Holocaust survivors in the country, and of course these neo Nazis were denied a permit. ACLU filed on their behalf to insist on the permit, saying it's a violation of First Amendment. The ACLU is a really interesting organization. It really is. People actually used to admit they were part of and members of the acl you know, one does anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm going to push just a little bit on the civilian thing, just because if they are allowed to protect our borders, which there are military, right, yeah, couldn't they defend them against a non military person trying to get in.
Speaker 3: That's the issue. It's I don't think it's ever been litigated. And that's the point. We have border patrol, we have, we have agencies. I don't know the answer to that, and I think that's going to be litigated. That's one of the things that are going to let's start figure out. It's gonna be lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit. Once again, I'm going to keep on saying it. We are in for a ride over the next four years. That's going to be fascinating. And I'm certainly gonna enjoy it doing this job. Well part of that, yeah, Well, anyway, as I talk about this, I'm going to enjoy it.
Speaker 6: Okay, this gives a whole new meaning to party favors. Two women interviewed by the House Ethics Committee about former Republican Representative Matt Gates, testified that Gates, who is up for Attorney General, paid them directed directly and repeatedly in Venmo transactions for sex.
Speaker 5: They put that in quotes.
Speaker 6: The attorney also said the women testified the Gates inquired in text messages about party favors and vitamins at upcoming parties, which was understood to be code for drugs.
Speaker 3: This is this is a story. First of all, the nomination of Gates. Right, this guy spent three years in a law firm of nine people in Florida, both lowest level and now Attorney general simply because he's a loyalist. There's no other issue, and all of these issues are coming up, and the most problematic appointment nomination that Trump has is Gates, who is not only not qualified, but absolutely also he's got all these issues with paint for sex. Now the allegations he denies him, and Trump just too bad. This is the guy I want. And of course Mike Johnson, the Speaker, will do anything that Trump says. So there was an investigation in the ethics and Johnson will not let that out in the Ethics Committee of the House because Gates resigned immediately and there is no longer any investigation. The Senate wants it, even Republican senators want that report. Johnson is not going to cut it loose. So we'll be a subpoena and we'll see what happens when the Senate judiciary looking at the nomination moves forward. They'll be a subpoena. That will be a fight. The other thing about Gates, if Gates gets through, there is no more Senate overview of appointments done or finished. President Trump will get anybody he wants. It doesn't matter, underqualified, not qualify, just the loyals. It doesn't matter. And he's asking for recess appointments, and that I think I'm gonna do tomorrow. Recess appointments don't need the clearance of the Senate. If the Senate is out for ten days or more is out of session for ten days or more, the president then is allowed to make a recess appointment until the next Senate comes into being in the next election cycle, or the next Senator is sworn in, and they do not need a nomination. It's whoever he wants. If the Senate allows him to do that, then the Democrats will do exactly the same thing when they take power, and the Senate's ability to advise and consent and oversee a nomination by the President for a cabinet position is gone. It's over. The Senate has just lost all of its power and the president and it now becomes an imperial presidency. And that's exactly where Trump is going. And if they give it to him, America disappears. It just disappears the way we wow it does. And I'm not kidding, by the way, this is you. This is not exaggeration, America. All you have described is politics. No, it's a game they all play to win. Yeah, I've just described the constitution of the United States.
Speaker 4: No you didn't.
Speaker 3: I certainly.
Speaker 2: I will tell you though about Gates. No matter what he says, all I hear is punch me in the face.
Speaker 3: There's all I'm telling you. I'm telling you talk about the recess, talk about the appointments, talk about It's all, Neil.
Speaker 2: This is not a lie, cheated steel for their own benefit and their own constituents.
Speaker 3: Recess appointments have never been done on a or in recent memory modern history, have never been done on a cabinet level. Okay, just saying, all right, let's move on.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: State judge on my day struck down Wyoming's overall ban on abortion and if you remember, it had that first in the nation explicit prohibition on the use of medication to end pregnancy. Well, the county district judge there, Melissa Owens, kept consistent past three previous orders, past two and a half years.
Speaker 4: She blocked the laws and she continues to do so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a weird one because Kamala Harris runs on reproductive rights. You have what seven out of nine states in this past election upholding reproductive rights. In states where it's been really restrictive, and propositions were put on the ballot, the people voted in favor of reproductive rights. Harris runs on productive rights. The people want reproductive rights she loses, and one of her main points was reproductive rights, So there is a real issue. Well, later on I'm going to talk about the Democratic Party, particularly hearing California and how it imploded and what they're looking at. But I think this is part of it. So we'll see, you know how many states that goes on. But Wyoming, I mean, the restrictions are crazy. I mean there are some states in which even rape and incest nope, doesn't matter. There's no abortion, come hell or high water. And then the issue becomes only the health of the mother. I don't know what the health of the mother means. Incidentally, what does that mean? Close to death? Not feeling so good? Doctor thinks that a woman psychologically or psychiatrist sy, she's psychologically unable to carry a pregnancy to term without going crazy. Define the health of a mother I can't.
Speaker 4: So is it going to kill her?
Speaker 3: Pardon?
Speaker 4: Is it going to kill her? Together?
Speaker 3: That's not what it says. You know, I would preserve the life of the mother, But you're talking about that's right? Is it going to kill her? When is it going to kill her? Let me ask this, is it going to kill her? Next week? Is it going to kill her a month from now, Is it going to be some kind of lingering syndrome that could could kill her six months from now? Is that the life of the mother?
Speaker 2: No one knows your mom ninety eight years to take her something and.
Speaker 3: I tried to kill her and it just didn't work out. Okay?
Speaker 6: Could he be taking a page out of the twenty twenty five playbook. President elect Trump's pick for chairman of the FCC is Brendan Carr, who took to X almost immediately and said we must dismantle the censorship cartel and restore free speech rights for everyday Americans. The comments from Carr, who wrote the chapter on the FCC in that twenty twenty five playbook that the Democrats kept saying Trump was involved in, signaled that it won't be business as usual at the country's communications regulatory agency.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This is first amendments, which basically boils down to disinformation, misinformation. This is sort of the Musk philosophy, can not curtail anything that's out there, and he hates the FCC. Trump hates the FCC.
Speaker 4: Does that mean you could cuss?
Speaker 3: Could if they changed the FCC rules? It could very well mean that it could mean that. I think it has more to do with with misinformation. Disinformation. Putting stuff us out on the internet is what I think is happening also on the airwaves. But remember when you know the Trump campaign said we have nothing to do with twenty twenty five, were distancing ourselves. This guy wrote the chapter on FCC for the Project twenty twenty five. So no surprise, we're not getting who's asides?
Speaker 4: What's misinformation?
Speaker 3: Well, at this point, the responsibility is and the word the view is as the platforms themselves. Now what it's clear cut that is a little bit different. This is Hillary Clinton underneath that pizza poler parlor leading that pedophile ring of Democrats dorking little boys. Okay, that's probably misinformation. And you can't do that on Facebook. You can't do that on YouTube at this point because there are programs that winnow that out what they're saying. And this is what the move is elon Musk. It doesn't matter what you say. It is all protected. You can say anything you want. That's the fight that's going to happen here. That's another one. What is misinformation? What is misinformation? How far do you go? The easy stuff is easy. It's the rest of it. Okay, let's go ahead and take a break. I don't know if that helped, Neil.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is there will be any talk radio ever, if that's it, If we're going to start getting rid of misinformation, because I've heard crap on this station and beyond for over thirty years, and I go, that's not right.
Speaker 3: It may not be right, but we're not well. I'll tell you where it is right when the news is being broadcast. I'm going to talk about this one later. Mainstream news, and we are mainstream news. The newsroom, the reporters, that's a mainstream. The rest of us, we can say whatever the hell we want. We're in the world of talk. I've got a news person. You're not a news person.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, you're not a news you know.
Speaker 3: You're a Yeah, you're a foody person. You know, you know, bad food, overcooked food.
Speaker 4: But my food talk is always on point.
Speaker 3: That's right, No misinformation, all right?
Speaker 2: Putin President Vladimir Putin has updated Russia's nuclear doctrine. Boy conveniently, a couple of days after his US counterpart, our very own President Joe Biden, granted Ukraine permission to strike targets deep inside Russia with American made weapons. So he says, well, I gotta go back and let me just change this cross that out. So basically it says the new updated doctrine says Moscow will consider aggression from ney non nuclear state, but with the participation of a nuclear country, a joint attack on Russia.
Speaker 3: So now by definition, he is saying he will use nuclear weapons. We're at war with him, right, that's right. He has said we are at war. And because and he calls it a provocation, of course, it is now twelve thousand North Korean troops coming in and fighting next to Russian troops in the Kursk region. That's not a provocation, that's okay. It's those long range missiles that have been supplied to Ukraine by the US. And now he says, outright, that's war, non nuclear nation Ukraine being helped by a nuclear power nation, the United States. That's a declaration of war. Okay, we'll see what happens. He's starting to sound like Kim Jong un, isn't he. Everything you do is a declaration of war. Every time you turn around. It's a declaration of war.
Speaker 6: Girls and boys, bathrooms could be coming back to the Capitol. Well, actually they're already there, but now Republican Representative Nancy Mace from South Carolina has introduced a resolution to amend the rules of the US House of Representatives. She wants to ban transgender women from going into the women's bathrooms. Basically, you've got to go into the bathroom that is your biological sex or aligns with it.
Speaker 3: You know, I think, you know it's I think the other way around. Isn't she a transgender? Nancy Mace? Do I have that wrong?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 6: So? Nancy Mace is the current South Carolina Representative. Sarah McBride was just elected. She's the first, got it, a transgender person elected to Congress.
Speaker 3: And Congress says that right now, under the Republican rules, as transgenders have to go to the restroom of which I guess the gender they were born to, whatever is under birth certificate, you can't be transgender. You can't consider yourself a woman and go to the women's bathroom. And I don't even know is it even after all surgery.
Speaker 4: That's what I was going to ask.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, at what point, you know, I mean, at what point do they say that's crazy. I can see an argument where I am a woman. I dressed like a woman, but I have all my junk, all right, I mean I still have the fruit package. I have everything. But when it comes to someone who is fully transd and is a woman, now what.
Speaker 2: Once you cut off your crank, then I feel like you have really joined.
Speaker 3: The team, right And what is the definition of cutting off your crank medically getting married? Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if you need to more like a skin tag for you Menendez brothers. The clemency on hold, so you've got George Gascon out and he was of course looking at recent seeing Eric and Lyleman.
Speaker 4: Does well, that's.
Speaker 2: Not the case right now, because now you have gave Handsome gav Newsome saying that the clemency decision is on hold until the newly elected DA Nathan Huckman, which makes sense, and yeah, he's got to read up on the case.
Speaker 3: It makes sense because there is a legal issue. There's Oh, he could also grant clemency. I mean, if I were the governor, I would probably grant clemency. Thirty five years in prison. Second trial. The Menenda's brothers not allowing all of the evidence as to the sexual abuse by the father. First jury hung, and the second jury after a new trial, that judge didn't allow any of that evidence in. He just wanted to move it and he did, and they got convicted because there was no defense. They couldn't bring up any of the my dad rate meet, which there was evidence of that and plenty of it. So they're gonna they're going to get out, just a question of time.
Speaker 6: I have a question for you, Bill, so that the govenor granting clemency is separate from their lawyer now filing to have the charges basically downgraded.
Speaker 3: Right, Clemency is not a legal action. Clemency is just the governor, like pardons with the president. Clemency is just out of just out of out of the good wishes, so just out of feeling sorry for him. That governor can also pardon also too done, finish you're out without even an application. Now, usually there is a pardon department of both the Attorney General's Office as well as California, and they go through a whole rigmarole. You apply, you bring in after David's so it's not just governor waking up one morning and pardoning the prisoner or the president doing the same thing.
Speaker 6: Okay, so the kids have taken it upon themselves to stop the bad guy.
Speaker 5: Love this story.
Speaker 6: Twenty Southern Oregon or Southern Oregon Southern California juveniles have just carried out a sting operation to catch a suspected child predator.
Speaker 5: They got a tip.
Speaker 6: The Riverside County Deputies got a tip on Friday that a person was meeting with a miner to try to have sex with them in Temecula. So when they got to the scene, the sheriff's deputies saw a crowd of about twenty miners filming this suspect. They are not sure how exactly this little group came together or what all happened, but they said that this guy, William vander Bush or Vandon Bush, had sent nude photos and agreed to meet a miner at the park for sexual purposes. He's been arrested on several felony charges. But it looks like the kids put the whole sting operation together themselves to catch this guy.
Speaker 3: You're right, kind of a neat story, although they.
Speaker 6: Warn be careful if you're going to be a vigilante, because that's not a good idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not only because it's dangerous, although I don't know how dangerous this one would be, but preservation of evidence, and I mean all of that. That's why the pros do what they do.
Speaker 4: Neil, all right, sir.
Speaker 2: Young American adult increasingly getting their information from social media influencers what and a majority of them, they're finding are men that lean to the right. So this new study is looking at all of this and finding that, you know, back in the day, that used to be the way more liberal people would say, Hey, yeah, they get their information there, not on right leaning radio or things like that.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to die. Yeah, it's a big number, but I'm going to dive a little bit deeper because I'm going to sort of parse those numbers because there's a lot to this story that's coming up. At eight point fifty. When I dive deeper into that.
Speaker 6: Story, families say Hamas terrorists are not the only ones to be held accountable. The families of the American victims of Hamasa's massacre in Israel on October seventh last year, have accused Iran in a lawsuit of supporting the largest attack on Jews since the Holocaust. They also accused the Islamic Republic of being direct involved in the attack that killed twelve hundred. The lawsuit was filed in federal court in Washington, d C. It alleges Iran funded, planned, and coordinated the attack with Hamas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as if anything's going to happen on this one.
Speaker 6: But still, how do they even have a trial because Iran doesn't show up?
Speaker 3: Right, that's well, they'll get a default judgment because no one will show up or maybe And it has happened before when foreign governments have been sued, because you can do it in the United States under law, and they'll come in and you know, for example, there were lawsuits against Saudi Arabia for nine to eleven and the Saudi government did hire lawyers to come in and fight it. And I think the courts at that point either there was a judgment or I don't remember exactly what happened, whether a judgment or dismissed. But the point is it can happen, and so will Iran hire a lawyers, Baby don't know, but they can sue.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently we're doomed the fish.
Speaker 2: You remember, gosh, what a couple months back or something like that, there was that deep water or fish that popped up and everybody says it's a harbor ginger of bad news. Well we saw one again off the coast of California, the third spotting of this species in the last three months, and only the twenty second over the past century.
Speaker 4: Something bad's going to happen. I can feel it in me bones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and your fish bones.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Japan has a whole thing about it that it's that horrible luck and something major is going to happen.
Speaker 6: Something major happened at Knots Berry Farm. A Knots ride was not a thrill for a couple dozen part guests. Yesterday, the what's it called the Something Sold the Soul Spin ride got stuck mid air and about twenty two people got stuck on the rid for more than.
Speaker 5: Two hours suspended. Yeah, and it's this one.
Speaker 6: It's scott like the riders around the edges and it spins and they're you know, they're strapped in and then it rotates around and they got stuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they've renamed it the Dangler and it's gonna be a good ride. So you're it's a long ride too, It's really long. Well, sometimes after two hours long. Yeah, you always complained about the short ride. Yeah anymore? Right, all right.
Speaker 2: One of the winningest coaches and you heard this during Amy's newscast there, one of the winningest coaches of the NBA, uh is getting his statue. They're outside Star or in the StarPlus outside Crypto dot Com arena. This is NBA Hall of Famer pat Riley gonna join Kareem abdul Jabbar, Magic Johnson right outside there.
Speaker 4: That's too impressive.
Speaker 3: Do what the stadiums do that put up statues of their star players, their heritage players. I don't even know whether it's just la no idea.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but it is impressive when you go there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's nice to have a it's nice to have a statue. It is okay uh oh, Amy uh oh.
Speaker 6: If you love the smell of KFC, you can now bring it home with you and you don't have to bring the whole bucket of chicken. KFC's old eleven herbs and spices, fire log that's what you can bring home.
Speaker 3: That's sweet, and it's expensive thirty five dollars and I would easily spend that much for the smell of greasy fried chicken for hours at a time. Not a problem for me.
Speaker 4: Strangely enough, fire Log was my nickname in prison.
Speaker 3: Well there you are, and you smelled like greasy fried chicken.
Speaker 2: You know, if you bring home the fried chicken, then it will smell like it and you can eat it, all right, California, Yeah, yeah, a little little.
Speaker 3: Eat, don't you find? Don't you find greasy fried chicken smell a little overpowering, especially the second hour.
Speaker 6: I love it?
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, love it. I'm okay.
Speaker 2: California home sales expected to soar in twenty twenty four. Here's the thought, Here's what it comes down to. Twenty twenty four was expected to be this big rebound year for home sales here in California. They would soar nearly twenty three percent after plunging by more than twenty four percent in twenty twenty three. But now they're expecting just didn't happen seven percent year over year in.
Speaker 3: Grew it just didn't happen, you know, And prices keep going up. Now we talked. Now, I've talked to you, Neil about the house that I bought, and I so overpaid for my house, but I needed one. The Persian palace was sold, and so I needed to get a house and there was no inventory. So I went out, found the house, great house, checked all the boxes checked off, and I so overpaid for that house. I was just choking. It's worth ten percent more than it was a year ago. I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. It's like overpaying.
Speaker 3: What if you're gonna hold on to it for a while, Yeah, then it doesn't matter. Yeah, all right, we're done, guys.
Speaker 5: We don't have time for Tropicana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do really quick tropicana. Okay.
Speaker 6: Oh j lovers are putting the squeeze on tropicana. Of course, Tropicanya is famous for its orange juice, so it redesigned its bottle and oh it just happened to get a little bit smaller. Now that's six ounds is less. But they didn't lower the price. It's that whole shrinkage thing where they're making the packaging smaller and people are ticked about it. Their sales were down eleven percent in August and then down nineteen percent the month after that.
Speaker 3: So no, no one likes shrinkage, especially guys in the winter.
Speaker 5: You know, you just don't Maybe we shouldn't have left time for that story.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe not.
Speaker 4: Okay, jants complained about it all.
Speaker 3: Right, let's play just get out of here? Okay. KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app