Speaker 1: Phoning in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This peace Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here it is the host of your LA Clippers Free and postgame.
Speaker 2: At follow Adam a Adam Osley. Clippers fall one twenty nine to one eleven in in Indianapolis to the Pacers without Kawhi, without Norman Powell. They didn't have enough. They lose this one by eighteen on the front end of a back to back. They are in Detroit tomorrow. I'm Adam Oslin's welcome in to Clippers Talk. Eight sixty six ninety eight seven two five seventy. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. We'll get your phone calls. Looking for postgame audio from coach Lou as Well. I just posted this on X I have been saying it in the postgame show here. But everybody wants to overanalyze this, or some people do, and they want to turn this into something it's not. It's just where's your heart? Where's your motivation? This team doesn't care. I didn't see a team that laid down at all. I saw a team that had four key guys in this game without Kawhi and Norm Done, dj Emir and Bogie go two of twenty two from three. That's what I saw. That's not an effort thing. That is a talent disparity thing. That is, I don't know, you're not as good without your best player in Kawhi. A lot of people pre game tried to tell me they're better, there's more flow to the offense without Kawhi. It's like, well, yeah, he's there's more flow to missing odds, there's more passes that lead to missing shots. Without Kawhi. You realize he's one of the best ISO players in NBA history, So yeah, there's going to be some of that. He led the league in points per possession in isolation last season. How many people came in here and told me pregame that, oh, it's a good thing Kawhi isn't playing in this game. That was shocking to me. What wasn't was the result. Or you have James harden I eatsa Zubats and not much else, not enough help somebody else had to have an out of body experiences. Brian Semu would say, for them to take down a Pacers team that has now won sixteen of their last twenty one games. They're one of the best home teams in the league. They just beat Memphis at home. They can run you out of the gym. They can play a multitude of different ways on the offensive end. And people are talking about there's a lack of effort out there is coach lou motivating them. I just don't know what you're watching. That team didn't quit. They got it down to thirteen or fifteen points in the fourth quarter. They kept playing. They tried how many different lineups. Early in the third quarter, they tried to go small, then they went back to Aviatza Zubats. They tried to go small again around the eight minute mark of the fourth. They tried everything. Guys couldn't hit shots, and you're not gonna get as many open shots, even though they got some. But you're not gonna get nearly as many open shots without Kawhi, without Norm Powell and the gravity of those guys. That's how it works. So for everybody complaining about Kawhi, Leonard in the offense lately when they have an offense seprating coming into this game of one p seventeen when he's on the floor and like one oh nine when he's off the floor, they're infinitely better there. They're better defensively with him on the floor too. All the numbers say it like, I'm sorry, your eye test isn't very good. Maybe get you know, some wind decks on the goggles whatever you're using to measure how good a team is offensively with Kawhi versus without Kauhi. I'm glad we have the numbers and the team actually goes off of stuff like that and not just well, Kawhi tries to ISO too much, like, yeah, he's one of the best ever. And for as much as he has struggled so far in his sixteen games back, for how inefficient he's been according to some, he still is shooting forty six percent from the field and thirty eight percent from three while having the minutes increase. Going into ISO mode to act like this team is better without Kawhi is nuts. And I've been hearing too much of that lately, including pregame by some of you that are in the chat. Now. It's wild to me, you see a game like this where you know, I think the Clippers win this ballgame with Kawhi or Norm or both. They could have won still if guys just didn't have as Brian Seaman would say, if they just weren't miserable from three and just bad from three, they might have won the game. Two of twenty two from a mer done DJ and Bogee, I'm worried about a game like this from Bogdanovic. I hope you got it out of his system because I've been saying he's going to turn things around with his shooting from three as a Clipper, and then in a game where they really needed him to get it going, he's one of eight from three. I said, I would have started him. I understand the move of not doing that. They started James Harden, Chris Dunn, A Mere Coffee, Derek Jones Junior, and Avitza zubots I asked Law about it pregame, I said, is it crazy to want to start Bogie in this game to add some firepower when there's so much missing right now without Norm, without Kawhi to the starting lineup, he said, And this is a fair thought process to have from the coaching staff. You want to try to have more continuity with bench lineups and keep Bogey next to Ben Simmons. They had played well together. I suppose they at least had played a lot of minutes together. I don't know if the plus minus have been very good so far, but I get it. You're trying to bring consistency to lineups and rotations. But I'm starting Bogdanovich in a game without Norm, in a game without Kawhi in the starting lineup. Is that why they lost the game? No, because maybe he shoots the same or maybe he feels like he has more confidence and more of a green light because he's needed, and that's why he's been inserted into the starting lineup. He went four to thirteen overall, one of eight from three eleven points. I just didn't see a path to really win this game without Bogie getting it going. And from my perspective, I put him in the starting lineup. I'd put him in over a mirror DJ probably a mirror. So yeah, I don't always agree with coach Lou. That's okay, he's getting paid the big bucks for a reason. I have a complete casual compared to him. I just that's what I would have gone with. Is that why they lost the game? I don't know, Bogie. He had plenty of opportunities and he didn't shoot it well. Then you can make the argument, well, there's less pressure on him coming off the bench, so that could help him. Actually, there's different ways to look at it. But they did lose the game because they couldn't shoot the ball well, and in a situation like this, they had to have somebody else shoot it well from the outside and they couldn't get it. It's James Harden getting you thirty one points on seventeen shots. He has an uber efficient night, six of thirteen from three eleven assists. It's if he'sa Zubats having twenty two only six boards. But I think a lot of that is because he was guarding the pacers on the perimeter a lot. He got caught in cross matchups. Haliburton caught him a couple of times where he had to defend him from three and they were well defending threes, and it didn't matter. When Hallie went on that run. What was that near the end of the third quarter he had eleven straight points. He put him up ninety to sixty nine. He got a friendly bounce, he got into it with the Clippers. It seemed to fire him up more. He was talking some trash after a layup. I thought that the Clippers tried a lot of different combinations. I commend coach lou On that they tried just about everything. And guys were just ice cold. Guys that aren't this bad from three, not close to it done and DJ going oh of ten from three is just brutal in a game like this. So the Clippers didn't get well. They got an outlier shooting performance I would say, not in a positive way, though not somebody catching fire who was playing above their heads, a role player that has a big night, which is what they needed. Instead, it went the other way, role players who stepped down instead of stepping up. And I'm not saying the effort wasn't there. It was guys were playing hard, they just missing shots. They couldn't find it. It's frustrating, I get it. It's also completely understandable that you'd lose a game like this in Indiana was shooting like that without Kawhi Norm Powell, will we have a moment. Let's pause ten seconds for station identification here on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is LA Clippers Basketball, AM five to seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 2: Clippers fall one twenty nine to one eleven to the Indiana Pacers when they had and we're at a huge talent disparity, and the guys who you needed to get going to have a hot shooting night went the other way ice cold. So hundred two thousand would say ice cold. It was rough. I don't fault the effort. They played hard, they just didn't have enough. Hopefully Kawhi norm Both or at least one of those guys is available tomorrow. And hopefully James Harden, who was playing late into that game and hit a three pointer, was crept under by Nie Smith and rolled his right ankle and grabbed at it for a second. Hopefully he's okay and can still go tomorrow. He played thirty five minutes. We'll get to your phone calls when we come back. Eight six, six nine, eight seven two five seventy. I'm Oudam Mosland and you're listening to Clipper stock on here on a M five to seventy e Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network, best.
Speaker 2: Fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio. Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 2: Clippers lose one twenty nine on one eleven in Indiana's the Pacers. Welcome back in. I'm out of MALESLM. This is Clippers Talk. Eight six six ninety seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's start things off with Jose, Jose and Downey. You're on Clipper Stop without of Mallson. What's up Hose?
Speaker 3: What's up at him? What up at him?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know what I on the everything? I yeah, they didn't give up, but I mean the disparity, what was it like fifteen sixteen rebounds in total?
Speaker 2: And then yeah, but you understand, when one team is missing way more shots than the other, that gives them way more rebounds to be had. So that's not always indicative of anything that's miss shots.
Speaker 3: I was hopeful on the offensive side, would we we'd have a higher number on offensive rebounds too, you know, because we were missing now just you know, getting ready for that ball.
Speaker 2: That that part of it, that part of it's fair.
Speaker 3: Uh, The other thing is too, I mean the comment that you were talking about the continuity. It's already in the second half of the season, and how long are they going to restrict Kawhi because the continuity is going.
Speaker 2: To be important. Well, it wasn't a restriction today. I'm sorry, but that that's that's not even what happens. He he has a sore left foot. The play happened against Milwaukee where he noticeably got up gimpy after a transition playing the third quarter and he was sirmishing in pain. And the other thing is, anyway, are we going to acknowledge that that's not a restriction.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that the foot thing was real. I knew the neat thing for power was because I think what was like two games ago when he got hit right on the sideline. I saw him gimpy, like I was like, all right, I can see the pole thing.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I just didn't know that's what happened to Kawhi.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a video of the Kawhi thing from Thursday. I played it at Clipperstock on the YouTube side to show everybody of that play. I mean, that's that happened.
Speaker 3: And oh yeah, I see, I didn't know that. So now at least I know that they're talking about.
Speaker 2: A minute's restriction. Jose in general, well.
Speaker 3: Just playing more games. I wish they would be.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's playing a back to back ever. Again, why on earth would you let a guy who is hasn't played four straight years, hasn't been able to finish a playoff series play back to backs? How does that seem wise? Don't you want him to have the best chance to play and finish a playoff series? That's what I want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I just think that the whole in and out for everybody, just everybody, because I know we've had other players that have missed out, and I think it's just it kind of hurts us overall. The other thing, I think something we've harped on a lot this season yourself and even last year, when they're struggling with the shooting, like, gives the ball to who calmed everybody down?
Speaker 6: Give it to him?
Speaker 3: And especially against the team was not that big. I don't think he had as many touches as.
Speaker 7: He could have had.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. There's a point in the second quarter I think it was the second quarter where I lost my mind a little bit. Yeah, I Vita Zubots hits that right handed hook shot over a triple team. He had just scored multiple baskets, including bodying Thomas Bryant, and the next six shots from the Clippers are all three pointers in the second quarter. The next six they made two of them, so they got a point per possession there. It's not great, and I Viza Zubos went from looking to be gaining a real rhythm there and looking to be unstoppable. He had eight points in the second and just made a hook shot over three guys and just went through Thomas Bryant for another one, and they go away from him six straight possessions. That is brill Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you know, I mean it wasn't just this game. I think we're My irustration coming from is just, oh yeah, some of these losses that have have amounted It's like, I don't think they're losing to like these great teams. I understand Gianni's played in the last game, but I mean they're not that good right now, and I would think we have to close up those games. The other game against Indiana that we lost when we were up twenty two even that game against the Lakers, like they weren't that good. You know, the Lakers were not that good. It's just it's it's alarming the big losses I guess they had against what I consider I think pretty mediocre teams.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I wouldn't call Milwaukee mediocre. They're thirty one and twenty four. Indiana's thirty two and twenty three. The Lakers have had the best defense in the league since like January tenth. Now, I respectfully disagree. However, I agree with your sentiment of you gotta win a game where you're up by thirteen late against Milwaukee in the fourth quarter, Jose, you gotta win a game where you're up by twenty two against Indiana. And that has been a disturbing trend where seven times already this season with twenty six games left, the Clippers have let go of the rope a little bit, or they've letting go of a lead where they have been up seven times this season by ten plus points and they have lost those games. And last season they only had that occur seven times. So they got twenty six games left to go, and you can say that, yeah, they've lost a lot of games they should have won. I think that's fair to say. There's something else that is interesting. To put it kindly, that is a little bit worrisome. The Clippers have been down double digits in every game in February, including this one. Obviously, that cannot continue. I appreciate the phone call, though, jose Let's go to Kyle in Brooklyn. Kyle, what's up? You're on Clipper shot with out of.
Speaker 4: Malsen Adam, Sir. He took the words right out of my mouth. I'm gonna do thing. That was one of the main reasons I called in that second quarter that you brought up was infuriating your strike.
Speaker 6: I think it was for.
Speaker 4: Four shots in a row, or now I think it was three. I think it was one of one before that. Three shots in a row, and then they come down and he's setting high picks for three pointers. I didn't understand. It was killing me.
Speaker 5: It was killing me.
Speaker 4: But this whole faction where the sky is falling, like everybody relaxed, like calm down. It's post trade deadlines. The two guys that we need to dig ourselves out from a sixteen point hole aren't in the game, all right, that's just the fact of the matter. It's nothing to freak out about. We're trying to figure out if Bobden can be that scoring force that we want him to be. So Done doesn't have to shoot five times. I don't No one wants Done shooting five to three.
Speaker 2: Pointers as a great one point Kyle like he felt. I mean, obviously, when the defense is playing off of him, when nobody else is hitting, when it feels like, hey, I gotta take these shots because nobody else is knocking him down right now, I mean, where are you supposed to be?
Speaker 4: Yea is not hitting if he's He's boss is in there for a reason. We want him to be that guy. He's not being that guy. We can't get mad at Dunn for shooting. None of them are hitting anything. Uh. The only thing that that Yeah, that got to me was the Zoo situation in the second, which you already brought up. That was the thing that really dug in me a little bit. The other stuff that is interesting to me. Just I called him last week, I'm very interested in this. Like I said, we're post trade deadline. We're figuring things out. Like I'm finding littler things to focus on. So I've been focusing on Simmons, who's been very interesting to me. He's been so good, and this was the first night where I was like, Okay, I'm seeing some of his head get into it. And it's interesting watching a player who is so fluid and natural. When you watch him play and then all of a sudden he's passing the ball literally a foot and a half to a player right next to him at the three point line, or he's passing up he becomes differential.
Speaker 2: You know, who are you talking about here?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 2: Simmon, Well, he's not going to take a three, so he's going to have to be deferential.
Speaker 6: I mean when he's I mean, I'm fascinated by him because he's just a natural and the fact that it does seem like whatever his issues in the league.
Speaker 4: Have been, they've been mental, which he's he's openly.
Speaker 2: Said, Yeah, I think that's a big part of it. I agree with you, it is.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 4: And the thing the way Doc Rivers handle it is the reason I'm glad we got rid of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like if a player comes to you and says, I don't want to play basketball, and he's been playing basketball his whole life, something's wrong. It's not like, oh, he's just being a bad teammate. No, dude, something's wrong with that person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he definitely. His criticism after the Game seven situation against Atlanta compounded the issue there in Philadelphia. It made it worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm intrigued by him because I think we have a great organization that can bring the best out of the du Buy called bast week to talk about Simmons because he's just fun for me to watch.
Speaker 2: Now, Kyle, did you see that playing. I think in the third quarter where Simmons was out there next to him eats the Zoo Bots after Zoo came back in. They took him out early in the third quarter. He comes back in, they tried to go small. Then I think they took out a mere coffee, picked up his fourth foul or something. He comes back in. Ben Simmons had a play where they're playing off of him. He's top side above the three point arc, and instead of being baited into taking that shot or just passing it right, then he goes from zero to one hundred straight down the lane and through a beautiful pass to a Visa Zoo Bots for an easy one. Like he created. That's a ridiculously easy opportunity for Big Zoo out of nothing. That was great to see. That's what it has to be if those two are going to be on the floor together.
Speaker 4: And but that's that's what I'm talking about with when you see him play at such a naturally high level that we know he was and he is he has in him. The first two games, all I saw was him playing off instinct. It was fantastic. It was really really great.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 4: There were just a few moments where I was like, Okay, there it is. There it is. I hope our staff can figure that out. I like, there are There was a moment when he when he was coming down I think it was three on three and I don't know what it was, but I know he has the athleticism and the talent to just he was coming across the lane. He's probably four feet away. He could have easily gone off with a left hand and laid the ball up, and he deferred. And there's been a couple of times like that. There was another time at the top of a three point on the left side where he deferred to Bowman who was a foot and a half two feet away from him. That doesn't help anything. It's like make a move, you know what I'm saying, Like there's there were a few moments where he felt uncomfortable. I hope we have the staff that's going to get to the eighty percent ninety percent of him I'm seeing over the last three games. It's like that is a hell of an athlete and a great basketball player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kyle, I appreciate it. Hell a phone call. I agree with you. There's a ton of upside to Ben Simmons that can be unlocked if they can get some of those habits to change. We'll take a quick time out. Clippers lose one twenty nine to one eleven in Indiana to the Pacers. Will come back. We'll get back to your phone calls. I'm Oudam Mosland and you're listening to Clippers sock here on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Clippers. You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Clippers lose by eighteen without Kahi and Norm in Indiana to the Pacers. Just saw this from La Murray postgame, said coach Lou didn't express any concern about that fourth quarter collision with James Harden looked like he was grabbing at his right ankle. That's good. He did talk about pace many times that the Clippers had trouble with that, and this is great to see. La Murray said. While Ben Simmons will not play tomorrow, the door is open at some point to play on zero day's rest at some point this season. Clippers have five more back to backs after tomorrow's game, but law Murray was told that the door is open to Ben Simmons eventually playing back to backs. I'm Adam Moslin, welcome back. In Clippers lose one twenty nine to one to eleven in Indiana to the Pacers. Ryan and Burbank. Ryan, Yeah, about thirty seconds here. I'm sorry, my friend, but we got a ton of time.
Speaker 4: You're good.
Speaker 7: You're good, Adam. I think you hit a lot of this on the head man. It's just wide open shots getting bricked. I mean, you talk about Derrek Jones Junior, you know done Bogee, I mean, all these guys had wide open opportunities. It wasn't like contested and that the only thing that I'm happy about is that. And like the last Colors said about the trade, deadline. Simmons is creating open offense on the bench for these players, and I think that's the biggest thing moving forward. When that offensive lineup of Kawhi, Harden, Zoo Pale and Derek Jones Junior has been playing one of the best ratings in the NBA.
Speaker 4: We just we need this.
Speaker 7: Team to be healthy come playoff time. Be healthy via s top six seed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Clippers starting lineup, I appreciate the phone call. I like it, Ryan. The Clippers starting lineup with James with Norm with DJ Kawhi and a Visa zubats as the best net rating of a five man unit in the NBA over one hundred and fifty minutes. They've been really good and Kawhi is not even back to all NBA four. They don't have them in this game kind of changes everything. I don't know what some people were thinking talking about, oh, they'll be better without Kawhi, or my eye test says, you know, the flow's just much better offensively without them. Cool, They're not scoring more points per one hundred possessions without Kawhi. That's what batters at the end. Demetrius in Manhattan Beach, what's up, You're on Clipper sock Man.
Speaker 5: You know, Adam Good talking to you, it's it's like I'm hearing all the callers and everything. It's like beating a dead harsh I agree with you. It's a bizarre whoever made that that bizarre, weird question about the team is better with our Kawahi. I think they need to rethink some things and not even actually calling the radio station to waste your time in the listener's time. I mean, you got to have the eye test and know that you're talking about one of the greatest elite players this league has ever seen, and you want to have him for the playoff. Like me and you, Adam and certain people, we're not worried about Kawhi. We need him healthy. We know what he's going to bring during the playoffs. We need the rest of the board and in jubox. We know what he's going to bring. We know what power is going to bring. So we need a total effort. We need a total effort. We got enough. Like you said, our starting five is to me, I love our starting five. I'll put our starting five up against anyone in the league. I think the rotation coming off coming off the bench with Simmons. I think actually made him. Man, he's looking pretty good. I mean, I mean, what can you expect. I mean, the guy is he's feeling a little bit more happier now and he's playing the way he plays, and so you know, that's just where we're at now. But look, we got Jeff ben Gandhi, we got ty Lu. I mean, we got everything we need at him here. I don't want to hear the excuses from.
Speaker 2: Well, they need good health, Demetrius as always, and I appreciate the phone call, my friend. I'm up again. So we got to take a time out here because we're getting out of the bottom of the hour. But what they need more than anything is something completely outside their control, good health. Unfortunately, the injury gods have not been on their side over the last five six years, maybe since their existence with this franchise, but specifically with Kawhi Leonard and today more specifically with Kawhi and Norm Powell out against Indiana Clippers once twenty nine to one eleven. We'll come back, we'll close things out next. I'm outa Moslins and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network and AM five seven LA.
Speaker 1: Sports This is the LA Clippers Audio Network, best.
Speaker 2: Fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Back to Clippers basketball. Clippers lose one twenty nine to one eleven in Indiana to the Pacers, second most points they've given up since that loss to OKC in November. LT Murray, I'll have him on pre game tomorrow. I think I disagree with him about this. He said this wasn't about threes. The Pacers just ran the Clippers off the floor. I think those things go together. First of all, Pacers had six fast break points, and if you're missing a bunch of threes, it leads to long rebounds and a team getting into their offense much more quickly. So I might have him on if he's wanting to come on again pregame tomorrow, we might have to talk about that. He had an interesting point here about James Harden. The stat for you. This was the first time James Harden lost a game in which he scored thirty plus points since October twenty twenty two with the seventy six ers, and he also asked James Harden postgame about how practices have gone. James Harden said, Uh, practices have gone well, but the Clippers missing Kawhi Norman Powell quote makes it that much more difficult to win a game. What else do you need to know about this one? Hopefully they're back tomorrow, but sometimes it's not that difficult to explain how a game like this happens. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seeman, noa ego, Carlo Jimenez on the call people with Jake Warner, a producer here back in the bank, Daniel West, Thank you Daniel, the callers, the listeners, the chatters, appreciate all you guys. We'll do it again tomorrow starting at three Clippers in Detroit. Take it on the Pistons. I'm out a maazam. We'll talk to you this.
Speaker 1: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 1: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 2: Clippers Talk Maybe