Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. Once again audio only. Sorry for all those out there who want to look at our beautiful faces, but you're going to have to wait for the time being quick one today. Did a quick one last time. I'm going to do a quick one today. I guess we could file this under housekeeping items, as Tim and I want to do the whole drop ad possibly exchange players for our ongoing PGT fantasy We got to keep up with it. He is now officially kicking my ass in this thing. He is up about eleven hundred points after PGTPLO Series and Super High Rollable. Those were combined into one thing for our fantasy draft. And you know, quite honestly, I blame team Jeremy. Yeah one, Jeremy Becker. Listen, I went out on a limb and I decided not to swap out Jeremy Becker for somebody on your team. Probably would have went with China Reim or John Reordan. That would have been great, because you know, Gino Reeim won the PGTPOLO series, won the twenty five K at the end had an incredible run of it throughout and then obviously in Super High Rollable PLO, John Ordan wins the damn thing. So you know, I just get absolutely smashed, you know, thank you Jeremy Becker for that part. And then to the other Jeremy, Jeremy Osmas, who decided to basically no show for the PGTPLO series other than I think one cash, yeah, one cash, and then did definitely no show for the Super High Rollable PLO because, as I was told by his friend Seth Davies, he woke up sick on that day even though he you know, had action listed on poker Steak. I was helping to promote it through the Poker Goro channels that people could buy action of him on poker Steak. I see, there's an article on poker Steak that says, if I remember correctly, basically the title is Jeremy Osmas is basically a lock for Super High Roller Bowl PLO. So I mean, this guy wakes up sick and doesn't play. I mean it's just the whole thing is unbelievable. And listen, you wake up sick on that day. I get it, Okay, you don't want to fire out the hunter K. Could have come late, could have Max late, rege late the next day, took the whole first day off, you know, did late Max late Max Max late wretch absolutely possibly Max might have been the absolute last person to get into the field. It was the champion. John reorded, okay, so you do it. You could do it.
Speaker 2: So by the way, he also on that day didn't play the hundred k, but he did play the fifteen K.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I mean, it's just absolute unbelievable. Couldn't even get points for me in the fifteen K, so I just got absolutely smashed. I am now getting crushed. So we got to try and write the ship here for NAPT Las Vegas, which started today. Right now it is two h two pm here in Las Vegas. NAPT Las Vegas kicked off today a couple of hours ago, believe eleven am or the first events. I'm gonna be down there on what sorry, on Tuesday. For sure, you're gonna be down there at some point this week as well.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: For anyone who wants to buy some action of me, you can find it on poker Steak. Sorry for the uh shill. Well sure, but you know yeah, you know, I feel like I haven't been called a shill in a while by Alan Kessler, so I might as well do some shilling and hopefully he can, you know, start posting on Twitter about me shilling some more. But yeah, I do have two bullets in the eleven hundred dollars open and the fifty three hundred dollars main. I'll post it on poker Steak, So get in there if you want to. It has been selling out. So maybe people think I'm hot, Maybe people think I'm gonna win.
Speaker 2: Maybe you do do for a win.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe I'm freaking do Let's go baby. As always, do want to give a special shout out to our sponsor, play poker Go, who are giving you the chance of a lifetime. Sign up for free at play poker go dot com or download the app to your iOS or Android device, create a free account, and then play just one hand of online poker. It is completely free. Do that before December tenth, and then you'll get automatically entered to win a dream seat into the PGT Million Dollar Championship. So that is right, everyone, a single hand of free online poker could see you competing in the poker Goro Studio in a million dollar free roll for a five hundred thousand dollars first place prize. No purchase necessary. You do have to be twenty one or older and reside in the US. Full rules and details can be found on PokerGO dot com slash rules and tim Yes, before we get into the fantasy, so the people out there know that we make good on these giveaways.
Speaker 2: We have a winner, which announce we have multiple winners, but the one that matters the most is the Poker Gold Podcast winner. A lot of you fired off all those entries, all those raffle tickets. A couple reached out to me by a DM, you know, wanting to find out if they had won, sad that they hadn't received an email. But the winner, Matthew Petrie, he will be representing the Pokego Podcast come the PGT million dollar Championship from West Virginia. I believe he's gonna send me, you know, a little bio so we can kind of talk a bit more about him. But he said he started listening to us last year. It's been great, so worthy winner there, he's going to represent us. He's gonna fly that Pokego Podcast flag, hopefully take it down.
Speaker 1: I just looked up Matthew Petrie on the old Hendon mop Oh. Yeah, I found seventeen hundred and ninety one dollars in total live earnings. I'm assuming this is the right profile because it says from West Virginia. Must be interestingly and coincidentally, he has a cash. He has two cashes on record, one twenty twenty two, but the one that I want to point out from last year, basically one year ago November last year, napt Las Vegas. Yes, in the NAPT Cup he cashed for one thousand and fifty dollars. So hopefully his third entry for Matthew pat is something you know, PGT Million Dollar Championship, you know, final table in the money. Maybe he wins the damn thing. That would be absolutely sweet. So congrats to you, Matthew. And uh, you know that just goes to show forever everyone out there that doesn't think that they necessarily have a shot. Yes, it's real. Yes, we do give this stuff away. So every time we tell you to do something, you should go do it. Okay, it's very simple, it's generally free for the most part. You know, the podcast giveaway was a bunch of free raffle tickets and stuff like that. Get on in there.
Speaker 2: Definitely, we you know, we bring it back next year and and uh get someone else in the championship.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's go, let's go, people, come on, all right, let's do this, uh this fantasy stuff that we got to do. I don't even remember all the damn rules for this thing.
Speaker 2: You say this every time. It's still condesce.
Speaker 1: No, I really don't remember all the rules. And I think I actually get we have to uh from the uh, I really have to have to.
Speaker 2: Drop and replace, and then we we have.
Speaker 1: To drop one player and add a player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we locked two other players and then we can do a switch throw.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: So I went first last time. You should go first system.
Speaker 1: So it's drop one, add one and then and then luck players to swap one, swap one. There's a drop two.
Speaker 2: You don't have to swap, it's chop one.
Speaker 1: So the teams currently are I have Jeremy Osmons, Jeremy Becker, Nick Shulman, Michael Burke, and Alex Foxon. I mean, I don't want to drop anyone from that one.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you should be dropping Jeremy Osmas.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean I could drop Jeremy Becker.
Speaker 2: No, you can't do that.
Speaker 1: I mean he doesn't. That is he's found a new profession. I don't know if you know, but he is now live streaming bowling wagers as the only person in the Red Rock Bowling Alley.
Speaker 2: It was very It was actually very good watching. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: On Sunday evenings. He was literally the only person in there. On his Instagram cheering, dancing, yelling into the camera. It's just unbelievable. He has good form though, Yeah, good so yeah. My team Osma Specker, Shulman, Burke, and Fox, and you have Gino Reem, Samsoverroll, John Ordan, Andrew Liechtenberger and Mickey Duck. All right, so who am I gonna drop? Who am I gonna drop? I'm going to drop Alex Foxen Wow, okay, And I am going to add Jason Kuhn.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Okay, you are gonna do what pretty easy drop. I added him just for the Palos theories. He kind of failed me. Michael Juweck, you are gone see you. And I'm going to add Steven Chidwick.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. He's in town. That's a good one, baby, you always have the good ones. It's just unbelievable. I mean it really is.
Speaker 2: Hey, I know you can't slap him all right, So now how's that to protect two additional players we.
Speaker 1: Gotta protect too? So as are my kinder for everyone out there. Kuhn and Childwick are locked on our teams. We can't do any swapping or locking of them. I am going to protect Nick Shulman and Jeremy Osmas, and you are going to protect too. I mean, there's an absolute slam dunk person that you should protect.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't think there is.
Speaker 1: It's not, yes, there is. What are you stupid? Come on?
Speaker 2: Should I just help you?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Sam s Oliver, that's so yeah, Okay, that's what I Because we know he's.
Speaker 1: Already playing Mystery Boundy. Therefore you should because he's the only one out of all the players in a tournament already.
Speaker 2: I think they're pretty old even though, that's why. But I was leaning. Ah, I'm just trying to think of my second I think I I'm gonna lean towards Saverigle and China protect those two King John the boys. I gotta I gotta let you, let you be do you want to switch?
Speaker 1: By the way, this is only for PGT events as part of TCH, so everyone everyone is aware out there. So there's eight there's eight PGT qualifying events as part of the NPT Las Vegas schedule. I am going to swap.
Speaker 2: So you can take Reordan or Lucky Chow you that's here.
Speaker 1: I'm taking John Reordan and I'm giving you Michael Burke.
Speaker 2: I don't mind that. I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just you know what, I'm just I need to mix it up. I need to do something. Yeah, I'm behind, So I'm switching it up, going with the hot hand that is John Reordan. I mean, who knows the guy has won one point two five million dollars. He might just, you know, go to go on vacation rolling. Yeah, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Um say, like, do I even I Jeremy Becker? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can only swap Jeremy for Chewie.
Speaker 2: I know, but do I want him? Like I think to you, I think Chewie might have been more like tell you.
Speaker 1: Right now, I will I will be fully transparent with you. I would prefer to keep Jeremy Becker on my team. Just because I feel like we have this close love relationship between each other and I would just like to keep that together. But this is up to you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm you know what, I don't let you have him because you know he he a. Yeah, I'm gonna let him get you some points because I'm so far ahead. I'm gonna keep Lucky Chewie. I'm not going to do a swap.
Speaker 1: Do you know Nick Shulman's middle name?
Speaker 2: Give me a him?
Speaker 1: No, I'm asking. I was thinking, I have four players that their first name starts with a jay, and I was wondering if Nick Schulman's middle name is like it's a it's a it's kind of a like a weird name. Not not like weird, but like it's one that you might not think about. It's not like Mark got but I was thinking maybe it's like Jeremy or like something like something that would align with my my team. But whatever, you have Chino Reem, Sam Solivrol, Michael Burke, Andrew Lichtenberger, and Steven Childwick. This is gonna be a fight. This is gonna be a fight, all right. So yeah, there are eight events as part of the npt LAS Vegas schedule, you will be able to. I would say PGT dot com and all the poker go to our social media accounts is the best way to follow what's happening in these PGT specific events. I know Poker News will be at the NAPT Las Vegas. I just don't know exactly what they are covering.
Speaker 2: They have nothing on right now, so there's a lot of reporting of the NPT Cup, but yeah, I think both of them and open by the way, open, pokuss open, focustars open, Yeah, because he said an NPT Cup before. The poker dot will be there too. But for those of that you are unaware, download the poker Stas Live app and you can check like updates of every event. See who's in. I clicked on the event today, I saw Odb's in for two bullets already. But yeah, you can see who's in, the chip counts, you know, the structures, you can see kind of payouts everything. So the poka Stas Live app is definitely probably the best way to sweat this entire series. Whether you're here playing, oh you know you're you're at home just trying to get a trying to get a bunkst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, this will be a fun series both to play as you and I are and then also to follow along with. I'm certainly excited for it. I think, you know, we've talked about it many times, but this series is it's a lot of fun. The Poker Stars product is incredible. You know, we've obviously seen it for many many years as it relates to the EPT and a lot of the other big stuff. But you know, the NAPT is still still newer in its retire turn. This is the third year since it's been back, so you know, I can't wait to go in resorts world, listen, I know it may not be the most popular property in terms of like foot traffic and all that sort of stuff. You know, you see it out there in the news all the time, especially Tim and I because we're in Vegas and we see all that stuff. But the property is freaking awesome, Okay, I mean everything's pretty much brand spanking new. The conference area where the NAPT Las Vegas events are held is awesome. Like it's just it's very spread out. There's not a lot of traffic up there. Everything is you know, state of the art, so it's great to be in that area. The property is down a little bit of the ways on the strip. You know, it's diagonally across from the wind, so it's not right in the thick of thing. So that is important right now because now that it's November or you know, the f one Vegas is in a couple of weeks, so everything on the strip is pretty much a freaking disaster. So you know, going a little bit further down kind of out of the way, you know, eases all those those traffic issues that might come up, and it's you know, it's a nice in and out off the highway. So yeah, they got good restaurants there. It's it's awesome. So if you haven't been to Resorts Well that I would highly encourage you check it out. The poker room itself. You know, the poke room isn't where the NPT events are played. They do the NPT events up in the conference center, but the Poke room itself a lot of stuff going on there. Robbie Strazinski, friend of the podcast, has his Mixed Game Festival coming up at the Resorts World Poker Room, which is very nice, big, open, spacious, all that sort of stuff. You always go play that mixed game festival. I don't, but you know, maybe I'll make my way down there. Depends how things go. It depends if I have any money left from NYPT.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the big thing. I need to have some money to go. Put it on the table.
Speaker 1: All right. While I have you, I did want to ask you about this WSB docu series that's coming out on Tuesday, November fourth, is done by Dustin and I Noddi's met Artisans on Fire. It's been kind of teased and talked about for a little bit, but in the last you know, a week two weeks or so, we've seen a lot more of the poker players and industry people involved start to put messages out there saying like, hey, this is what I was involved in. It was around WSP Paradise time. It's finally coming out on Tuesday, November fourth, Go watch it. I'm excited for all that sort of stuff. Tim and I are recording this podcast on Monday, November fourth. It'll likely air on sorry, on Monday, November third. It'll likely air on November fourth, and that's when you guys can watch the first episode of this docu series on the WSB YouTube channel. But I just want to ask you are you anticipating thinking, you know, obviously there's been a lot of talk about this, there's been a lot of like this is what poker needs messaging, So what are you hoping to see?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, firstly, I the whole book needs more of this. I think in a way it is true. I think we said that about Game of Gold when that came out, that we need more than just you know, poker hands, tournament's cash games. We were supposed to see a season two of that hasn't really happened. So I think a lot of people are going to expect a lot about it out of this. It's probably going to be very good, and then they think, hey, let's just keep doing this non stop. But obviously we have a little bit of inside knowledge being on this production side of things that any non streaming when it's come So when you're doing like documentaries, it takes you know, a lot of time to put this together, and a lot of time also means a lot of money. So although a lot of us, a lot of us die hards want to see you know, we would probably watch you know, a football live version of everyone in poker right without a doubt. It's just it's not as easy as that, right. You know, maybe one day it will be a cheaper thing to do. But I think that's what people need to understand first, is that this is not an easy thing when they're not going to be able to roll this out every week going forward for the rest of time. Coming back to the video, you know, I'm going into it with pretty much a clean slate. I'm not going to expect it's going to be, you know, an Emmy Award winning show, but I'm not expecting it to be kind of trash. I want to just come in with a clean slate, watch it for what it is, you know, eight episodes or ten episodes, whatever it ends up being. I just want to watch it, absorb it, you know, try and enjoy it from both being in the media but also just being a poker fan. But yeah, I don't really have a read on what this is going to be at all. I don't know if this is going to be we just are they just telling stories of these main stars or is there more to it is Is it going to build into some kind of one big cliffhanger at the end or something. I don't really know, but I'm kind of okay, not knowing the ending already, so no, I'm excited to see it. I'm going to be tuning in to watch it obviously. Hope it's excellent. I hope they do more of this stuff. But yeah, I'm not going to set the bar to or expect too much right now.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, I mean, listen, I'm looking forward to everything that comes out of it as well. I mean, you know, we'll see and then I think we did we did like Game of Gold recaps, right, like we talked about like each episode.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, or maybe every like a couple episodes, we did something together.
Speaker 1: So we should maybe do the same thing. Sure, yeah, you know, we're just maybe we don't have to follow up every single episode, but you know, we'll, well, every time we hop on the podcast, we can just kind of talk about what happened on this latest episode or whatnot and see if we can get i don't know, a snapshot of what people are saying and thinking out there, and yeah, we'll go from there. I do agree that, you know, I think that poker needs it needs more content from the industry. I also understand what you're saying, of course, being in it, that this stuff takes a lot of time, resources, money, and it's not necessarily always there unfortunately, So that's you know, a bit of a struggle or an obstacle for the industry to get by. You know. Part of me thinks that if we had the creative minds and the notable storylines that we do now, but around fifteen years to when money was falling from the sky and poker, that would have been like the perfect situation because then we have done a lot more of this stuff. It would have been supported by just you know, dump trucks of money from online poker sites and like all this sort of stuff. Right, you know, we just don't have all that money you know, falling from the sky in the industry anymore. So it's a bit difficult. So you definitely need to see more of an immediate return on things, or at least that's kind of what's expected. So it's it's hard and it's a struggle, which I'm sure you know plenty of people out there who are content creators that you know, experience every single day where they're just grinding out content, putting in time, effort, resources, money behind their stuff, and maybe they don't get the viewership or whatnot, and then they quit. I mean, so it's just hard, but yeah, but I'm looking forward to it and we'll see, uh, we'll see what comes out again Tuesday, November fourth, the WSP YouTube channel, and we'll see, uh, we'll see what people think.
Speaker 2: I think one something that could change the way that this kind of content works in our industry is just not just how far kind of AI goes, but how far AI goes with someone that is very knowledgeable of it and very interested in this, you know, because I don't know, if you see much of this sour stuff. Some of the sourra AI stuff is pretty bad, right, but some of it is world class. Looks like it's a Spielberg movie. So if you can get the right person that is can excel that but also once to tell these stories, then I feel like this stuff could be you know, costs wise, time wise, trimmed, renowned dramatically, and we could see more kind of non you know, standard poker stuff coming out, you know, maybe in the near distant future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think that's a general observation of all of AI. You know, I think that there's a lot of people out there who just think that AI is just doing everything and anything. And I mean I say this as listen, I'm not an expert in the space, but I use these AI models every single day, and you really have to work with it, and you have to feed it prompts and you have to constantly, you know, critique and edit and adjust and over and over again. So yeah, like you said, you know, if somebody just says, like, hey, make me a poker movie, like, it's probably gonna spit out some dog shit, okay, But like if you start with that, you give it a script, then you refine, refine, refine, refine, and you put in a lot of hours and a lot of time and hundreds, if not thousands of prompts and all this sort of stuff, then yeah, you're likely going to get a very very good product at the end. But it still involves that human creativity, that human engine behind the AI engine to make it all work, right. So you know, that's also where I'm like, I break from the people that say AI is just going to take over the world, because I don't know, at least right now, you still need humans behind it, like doing all that stuff. And yeah, it certainly helps you do your job better and it can help you be much more efficient and it can do a lot of things for you in less time than it would take you to do. But that doesn't mean that, like you know, it doesn't involve humans or it doesn't need humans. So it's I mean, right now, I'm kind of just in the middle. Like I don't think that it's a nothing burger, but I also don't think it's an end all be all, So I'm just kind of somewhere in the middle. But like you said, you know, yeah, eventually, I think somebody is probably going to create something poker wise, whether that's like, hey, create me a new season of high six Poker using these players, and like then then you have to like, you know, refine, refine, refined, so you get that end product, right, Yeah, or maybe somebody creates a new poker movie or a new poker show or whatever it is. But it's gonna take a lot of creativity and a lot of work from somebody, but it'll probably eventually happen and it'll probably be awesome, right, But it's not like everyone's just gonna be able to pick it up and do it. Yeah, exactly, Like you've seen some We've obviously seen stuff on social media where it's like AI generated images and like, you know, you can see that like the jacket space is upside down and it's like, you know, it's like yeah, like that sort of stuff is you know, not exactly perfect just yet, but you know it'll it'll get there and it's constantly improving. But anyway, we're all over the place. So we did the PGT fantasy stuff. I asked you about the docu series that's coming out, and yeah, we'll go from there. If you guys out there have any thoughts on that docu series when you watch it, of course, podcast at PokerGO dot com, Tim and I'll read it. If you have any thoughts, maybe we'll read some if they're good on the podcast, and yeah, we'll probably talk to you in I don't know a week's time when PT Las Vegas is wrapping up. You guys can follow all the PGT related stuff front from n APT Las Vegas on PGT dot com. Tim is gonna be doing you know, winner articles tracking the leaderboard because with those eight high roller events, there is a series leaderboard that will award a dream seat, so a player that wins that can basically fast track themselves to the PGT million dollar championship, so that's at stake as as of course, you know, a ton of points for the PGT leaderboard, tons of money as well, and then you know, we'll be firing stuff off on social media for Tim Duckworth. My name is Donnie Peters and we will talk to you guys next time you