Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Sunday Service, Episode twenty eight, brought to you by Cult Conspiracy Podcast. I am your host, Josh Monday. If you don't know me, I'm a Christian rapper, devoted husband, father, and army veteran. Yes, let's go. Twenty eight weeks. Wow, twenty eight weeks we've been doing this study for Sunday Service. That is amazing. I just kind of thought about that. I was like, episode twenty eight, what does that mean? Twenty eight weeks, two hours a day, let's go. That means you guys have been listening to this for twenty eight whole weeks, two hours a day Bible studies. That's amazing. So I want to give some shout outs. Okay, some shout outs at his time. So last week on Sunday Service, King Kyle sixty four, all glory to God. Praise be Yes, God be praised, Yes, Amen, Amen, Stavo, my boy, what's up? Brother? Thank you? Every episode let's go and you're saluting Yeah, dude, amenda that and yes, let's go. Angela Kelly, Yes, let's go. I love the breakdown of the word. You're doing an amazing job. Thank you. Angela, I really appreciate you. I Garza eighty four zero two. I always see you on there. I appreciate you so much. Alex K and Z again a very helpful lesson about the Bible context. Yes, much appreciated. Thank you. That's all from Sunday Service, episode twenty seven. Now let's look at Wednesday Service. Ah you guys, just I only got three comments. Ah, let's go all right, Angela Kelly like always MDMP twenty two, like always, I Garza eighty four zero two like always. So Angela, you said, I listened to the end. Thank you for doing this and pushing through. I pray God heals your throat and your wife has a speedy recovery. Thank you, Angela. Yes, so, as of right now, my wife is doing pretty good. She had surgery on Monday, took out a capsule contraction in her breast area and it's called the capsular contraction. It's like she got it removed. So right now, she's in so much pain. It's close to her heart the way that the area that they did the surgery. So you know, just keep her in your prayers, everybody, please, And my throat, man, my throat has been screwed up for like the whole entire week. I mean literally, like every day I'm dealing with this and I just wanted to get better. So thank you for the prayers. I wanted to get better because I want to be able to speak and talk and do this the show and read the Bible for you guys. And I got the energy. Now I just need the voice to carry me on, you know. And I really appreciate your prayers. Angela, thank you you and everybody that did pray, probably for me, I appreciate it. Anybody that prayed for my wife. I appreciate you. Everybody that's out there. I love you guys. I really appreciate you guys listening. It really makes me happy to enjoy time with you guys every single week, two times a week with the Wednesday service to Sunday service, and it is amazing. And I'm gonna tell you, guys, this has really been helping me out in my life. You know, I still mess up sometimes, Like I told you, guys. From time to time, you know, I get caught slipping just like you guys probably do. And you know, you just got to pick yourself up, pray to God, do it oneint eight and make sure that you don't go back to those sins and just do your very best, you know. So you know, we all have issues and we're all going through it, all of us, right, so we can all go through it together. And if you guys want to comment on Spotify or if it's something more private, you could DM me at Josh Monday Underscore podcast and say hey brother, thank you for the podcast, or you want to say, hey brother, you know I'm going through this, what should I do? You can always hit me up and I respond as much as possible to everybody. I don't think I've ever missed anybody that's ever sent a message to me. So just want to let you guys know that. And we are going to be on numbers okay, numbers sixteen already, what a blessing verse number one okay, And this is going to be the rebellion against Moses and Aarin. I'm gonna jump straight to my notes number sixteen. Where are you? You're right there? So this is the rebellion against Moses and Aaron. So you got people that you know, Moses and Aaron are kind of lifted up because Aaron is the high priest Moses is the one going up to Mount Sinai able to speak to God face to face. And even as you guys know last study in numbers twelve, Aaron and Mariam were even kind of trying to test to see, you know, is Aaron really I mean, is Moses really the one? Is he the only one? Why do you speak to him? And God was saying, I speak to him face to face or you know, in the new King James, mouth to mouth in the King James, and basically putting them in their place. So now you have a rebellion of the people against Moses and Aaron, okay, and the rebellion is going to be ran by these characters that I'm going to tell you guys about right now. Okay, So we have number sixteen, verse one. Now Korra, the son of Ishar, the son of Kohof the son of Levi, with Dathan and Abriam, the sons of Ilieb and On the son of Pelath, sons of Reuben, took men and they rose up before Moses with some of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty leaders of the Congregation represented of the congregation men of renown. Wow, that's crazy, that says men of renown, what does that mean? They gathered together against Moses and Aaron and said to them, you take too much upon yourselves. For all the congregation is holy, every one of them, and the Lord is among them. Why then do you exalt yourself above the assembly of the Lord. So what they're trying to say, it sounds like they have some pride, first of all, and it sounds like they have some jealousy. So they're saying, you know, you took way too much upon yourselves, for all the congregation is holy, saying we're all holy. That's what they're trying to say, every one of them, and the Lord is among them. Why do you exalt yourself above the assembly of the Lord? Is what they're saying. See this is Ran. It's by Deathan abriam Iliab along with Karah who led the rebellion. Okay, so just let you know. So it looks like two one hundred and fifty leaders of the congregation represented the congregation men of renwn. Let's see what that What does that mean? Right there? Let's go check that out. Men Every noun now probably just means like men of respect. Right, Let's see what that means, because I know that I know that is set in Genesis sixty four, the men of renown. So let's go numbers. All right, let's check that out. Whenever I see little little things like this, I always like to to look it up for you and kind of see what it means. So number sixteen, and let's go there real quick. Where you're at. Numbers sixteen? Verse one. Famous in the congregation is what it says. Fifteen. Oh wow. So in the King James, it says, famous in the congregation, Wow, with certain children of theseel two hundred princes of the Assembly, famous in the congregation, men of re nown, reputation, fame, glory, that's what it means. Okay, the men of renown. Wow. So so in the King James, it says, and they rose up, it says, and they rose up with certain children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the Assembly, famous in the congregation men every now like men of respect or men of glory is what it's saying. Okay. So they gathered up and they got a This is like a little rebellion against Moses and Aaron. This is gonna be interesting. So now we got number sixteen, verse four. So when Moses heard it, he fell on his face, and he spoke to Korah, and all his company is saying, tomorrow morning, the Lord will show who is and who is holy, and will cause him to come near to him, that one whom he chooses, he will cause to come near to him. Do this, take censors, and all of your company, put fire in them, and put incense in them before the Lord tomorrow, and it shall be that the man whom the Lord choses is chooses, is the holy one. You take too much upon yourselves, you son of Levi, sons of Levi. Then Moses said to Kara, here now, you sons of Levi, is it a small thing to you that God of Israel, that the God of Israel has separated you from the congregation of Israel to bring you near to himself to do the work of the tabernacle of the Lord, to stand before the congregation to serve them. And that he has brought you near to himself, And that all of your brethren, the sons of Levi, with you, are seeking the priesthood also there, for you and your company are gathered together against the Lord. And what is aaron that you complain against him, and Moses sent a call sen a call sent to call Dathan and Abriem, the sons of Iliam. But they said, we will not come up. It is a small thing that you have brought us out of the land of flowing with milk and honey to kill us in the wilderness, that you should keep acting like a prince over us. So you see how they're there's a little jealousy, little envy, little bit of uh of spite there. You see what you see what I'm saying. They're like, they're saying, for you to think that you're a prince over us. Now they're losing that faith in Moses and Aaron. It looks like even though God is working through them and God has been providing miracles, God has I mean, they fought again. They've they even sent the spies through the land and God and then and then Caleb and Joshua, we're all saying let's go, you know, so or Caleb was saying let's go, and uh, you see what was going on there. So now we got people that are just uh filled with pride, acting like they want to try to challenge. They're questioning the authority, claiming the entire community was holy, and Moses and Aaron were making themselves more important than the rest of the people. That's kind of what they're feeling, right, So let's see what's going on here. So it says, moreover, this is number sixteen fourteen, So let's see what happens here. Moreover, you have not brought us into the left flowing, the land flowing with milk and honey, nor given us inheritance of fields and vineyards. Will you put out the eyes of these men, we will not come up. So they're a little mad because they're not able to go into the land flowing with milk and honey. Because Caleb's able to go, Joshua, the son of Nune is able to go, and also all of their children are going to be able to go. But these people that have been complaining, they're not going to be able to go. So that could be the reason why this set off this rebellion, right number sixteen, verse fifteen. Then Moses was very anger and said to the Lord, do not respect their offering. I have not taken one donkey from them, nor have I hurt one of them. And Moses said to Karah, you know it's kind of funny that then Moses was very angry and said, to Lord, do not respect their offering. I have not tooken one donkey from him. It's like, do you really have to tell God that? I mean, God already knows, bro, you don't got to tell God that, all right. It's kind of funny how he says that, nor have I hurt one of them? Like God's like, yeah, I know that, all right. Number sixteen. Verse sixteen, and Moses said to Kara, tomorrow you and your company will be present before the Lord, and they as well as Aaron. Let each take his censor and put incense in it, and each of you bring his censor before the Lord. I could kind of try to find out what the censor is for you guys, because I don't know what that means. Okay, what is the censor? So we're going to verse sixteen. Incense and his censor. What is the censor. Let's see what that is. His censor is fire holder. Okay, so it's a fire holder. So bring your incense and your sensor, which is a fire holder, put fire in it and laid incense on it, and sit at the door of the Tabernacle of meeting, and Moses and Aaron and Karab gathered all the congregation against them at the door of the Tabernacle of Meeting. Then the glory of the Lord appeared to all the congregation, and the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying, separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. So the Lord was like, hey, let me just like he's about to consume them, which I believe is destroy them. Right, Let's see if that's what I see if I'm tracking here. So the Lord is like, you know, you guys are trying to come out them. Sounds like sees consumed, determine, fail, finished, complete, be accomplished. Let's see to be finished or ended, so I can basically consume maybe that is end them. Like it sounds like the Lord is not not happy. And the Lord spoke to Moses saying, speak to the congregs, saying and get away from the tents of Korra, Danthan and Abriam. Wow. Oh sorry, let's go back to number sixteen, verse twenty. You see, the Lord sounds like he's upset. Separate yourselves from among this congregation that I may consume them in a moment, and they fell on their face and said, Oh God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin? And you angry with all the congregation. And the Lord spoke to Moses, Saint, speak to the congregation, saying, get away from the tents of Kora, Danathan, and Abriam, the three that are involved in this situation, the three that are involved in this upheaval. This again good. This is the kind of stuff bro like, like, bro, sorry, this is the kind of stuff ladies and gentlemen that I enjoy reading. I know that it's bad that he's going to destroy these people, but it's it's kind of like these are the things of the Bible that kind of bring the Bible alive. Like this is like this is like Game of Thrones type stuff. You know, it kind of gets uh you know, I don't I don't mean Game of Thrones is kind of a bad example because of all the bad stuff that's in it, you know, but just the action and drama and all that stuff. It's what I mean. I've been watching House of David. I don't know if you guys watched that lately, but I've been kind of following that series just to kind of see and like, I like to see things in a movie because I'm more like a visual person. I like to read as well, but I'm like a really visual person. So when I'm watching the movie, I'm kind of feeling like, how would I feel if I was reading this? Like is this what it would look like if it was brought to live? Like I need to bring this live to you guys. You know that's what I need to do. Like, I hope I could do that in a way. So God, you hear my prayer, Lord, please assist me on doing that. So number sixteen, verse twenty five. Then Moses rose and went to death. Then and Abram and the elders of Israel followed him, and he spoke to the congregation, saying, depart now from the tents of these wicked men. Touch nothing of theirs unless you be consumed in all their sins. So they got away from around the tents of Korah, Dathan and Abriam and Dathan Abraham came out and stood at the door of their tents with their wives, their sons, and their little children. Oh now we're on number sixteen twenty eight. Now I might not like this part. Let me see, And Moses said, by this, you shall know that the Lord has sent me to do all these works, for I have not done them on of my own will. So he's basically saying, like, I'm doing God's will, and you guys are coming against me. You know it's not my will, it's God's will. So for them to kind of backstab him like that, it's not cool. So I'll just read my notes here. I put divine judgment as punishment for the rebellion, the earth opened up up. I don't want to tell you that yet, let's continue. By this, you shall know that the Lord has sent me to do all these works, for I have not done them by my own will. So he's like, I'm doing God's will, and you guys are stepping and coming against me. Numbers sixteen, verse twenty nine. If these men die naturally like all men, or they are visited by the common fate of all men, then the Lord has not sent me. But if the Lord creates a new thing, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them up with all the belongings to them, that they may go down alive into the pit, that then you will understand that these men have rejected the Lord. Wow, this is crazy. This is divine judgment on these people. Number sixteen, verse thirty one. Now it came to pass, as he finished speaking all these words, that the ground split apart under them. The earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up with their households, and all the men with Karrah, with all their goods, so that they all so they and all those with them went down alive into the pit. The earth closed over them, and they perished among the assembly. Then all Israel who were around them fled their cry, for they said, lest the earth swallowed up us, us up. Also, Okay, now understand that by them having this rebellion, it's almost like saying, I don't trust who you chose. Lord, I don't think you made the right decision. You're choosing the wrong people. He should have chose us. So it's basically like going against God's word, totally going against God's will. And also Moses kind of warned them saying, hey, I'm not doing my will, I'm doing God's will. So it was a big mistake on their part. Now, what I'm seeing here is a biblical cosmologist and someone that believes that Sheil is in the earth. It almost seems like the earth opened up and swallowed them and they ended up going to the pit or sheeld alive and then obviously dying because they're going to die from not being able to breathe. That's what it seems like to me. And I know that people that don't believe in supernatural stuff would say, ah, that's stupid. It is probably just an earthquake, you know. But the way that they're the way that they're defining this situation, the earth is swallowing them up. Lest the earth swallow us up. Also, like the earth swallowed them up, and it talked to about it closing on them, Like the earth opened, they fell down into the pit and then it closed. Let's continue number sixteen, verse thirty five, And a fire came out of the lords and consumed the two hundred and fifty men who were offering incense. So wow, that's crazy too. So as the punishment for the rebellion, the earth opened up and swallowed Donathan Abraham and their families and their possessions, while fire consumed the two hundred and fifty men who had offered incense as part of the rebellion. That's crazy. So we'll go back to the Bible sixteen verse thirty five, and a fire came out from the Lord to consume the two hundred and fifty five men, the two hundred and fifty men who were offering incense. So the Lord brought fire down on these people. This is a serious infraction because you don't see this happening a lot. You don't see God getting involved so much all the time. I know he created fires in the last couple chapters, but this is just crazy that he's gonna have the earth open up swallow them, and then fire's gonna come down. A fire came from the Lord consumed them. So yeah, God was really mad there, you know. Let's continue number sixteen thirty six. Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, tell Eliezar, the son of Aaron, the priest, to pick up the censors out of the blaze. The censors is where you put the fire right that we just talked about, for they are holy and scatter the fire some distances away. The sensors of these men who sinned against their own souls. Let them be made into hammered plates as a covering for the altar, because they presented them before the Lord. Therefore they are holy, and they shall be assigned to the children of Israel. So Eliezar the priest took the bronze censors which those who were burned up had presented, and they were hammered out as a covering on the altar, to be a memorial for the children of Israel, that no outsider who is not a descendant of Aaron, should come near to offer incense before the Lord, that he might not come like Karah and his companions, just as the Lord had said to him through Moses. Wow, so very interesting, so very very interesting stuff right there, and we get away with all these sins nowadays, you know, like we do so much against God, you know. So, I mean, I'm surprised that God never put fire on me back in the day when I was going crazy. I'm gonna this is what I'm doing. If you can't see me on the camera, this is I'm drinking honey and I'm literally goggling with it, like I'm trying to get my throat to be good for you guys. I was doing this on Wednesday Service the whole show. You heard this noise and then I'm like trying to drink this, honey. Those that could see me on camera. I mean, if you see me, if you're listening to this and you see me on camera, comment below. If you don't see me on camera, still comment below. Let me know if you like the podcast so far, and if you like this part to study so far, because I'm enjoying it. I'm really enjoying it. So all right. So number seventeen, verse one and the Lord's this is the budding of Aaron's rod. This is really interesting as well, very interesting because I was studying this and I was like, what what is up? There's so many supernatural things that happen on these episodes, So, I mean, so many supernatural these episodes, so many supernatural things that happen in the Book of Numbers. So this is another thing. So the budding of Aaron's rod, Number seventeen, verse one, and the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, speak to the children of Isuel, and get from them a rod from each father's house, all their leaders according to their father's house, twelve rods. Write each man's name on his rod, And you shall write Aaron's name on the rod for Levi, For there shall be one rod from each of the head it meets father's house. So obviously from each each tribe of Israel is going to have a rod, right and Aaron, tribe of Levi is going to have Aaron's name on that rod. So number seventeen, verse four. Then you shall place them in the tabernacle of meeting before the testimony where I meet with you, and it shall be that the rod of the man whom I chose will blossom. Thus I will rid myself of the complaints of the children of Israel which they make against you. Then Moses spoke to the children of Israel, which with and each of the leaders gave him a rod apiece for each leader according to their father's house, twelve rods, and the rod of Aaron was among their rods. And Moses placed the rods before the Lord in the tabernacle of witness. So they're gonna put their rods in there, and we're gonna find out who's chosen to still be the priest. Because you guys want to complain against the US, complain against Moses, and complain against Aaron. Well, let's see who's rod God chooses for to be the priest right right, each name Yep okay. So and then the rod is a staff. Okay, think of it as a staff, because when I hear the word rod, I don't think of it as you know, we don't use that kind of language, right, we don't use hey, grab me that rod. It would be like more like grab me that staff. So that's what it means. In the it's a staff a branch, so you could think of it as a tree branch or a shaft is another way to say that in the strongest concordance. Okay, and so now we're in numbers seventeen, verse eight. Now it came to pass on the next day that Moses went into the Tabernacle of Witness and behold, wait, yeah, and behold the rod of aaron of the House of Levi had sprouted and put forth buds and produced blossoms and yielded ripe almonds. So his rod or staff or his branch bears fruit. Okay, that is for me, that's like an idiom of what happens later when Jesus is talking about the branch of it is a bear fruit or you know, know them by their fruits or we need to produce fruits. Right, So I think this is really interesting right here that it's fascinating that this happened and supernatural too, like God is involved in this, right, So this is really When I read through this, I was like it sprouted and put forth buds and produce blossoms. Like it's like it kind of hit me from left field. When I was reading this, I was like, Wow, that's really cool. Number seventeen, verse nine. Then Moses brought out all the rods from before the Lord to all the children of Isuel. And they looked, and each man took his rod or staff, right or branch Number seventeen, verse ten. And the Lord said to Moses, bring Aaron's rod back from before the testimony to be kept as a signed against the rebels, that you may put your complaints away from me lest they die. Thus did Moses, Thus did is this just as the Lord had commanded him. So he did so. The children of Israel. Israel spoke to Moses, saying, surely we die, we perish, We all perish. Whoever comes near the tabernacle the Lord must die. Shall we utterly die? Man? So to resolve the issue, Yeah, so this to resolve the issue, the challenge to resolve the issue Moses instructs each of the twelve tribes to give him a rod, and these rods are placed before the Lord of the tenth. So that's to you know, to kind of resolve the issue, to show who is chosen, right the miracle. The next day, Moses to Aaron, rod represent the tribal Levi has sprouted budded blossom which you kind of read about and born almonds. The other rods, okay, the other staffs, they remained unchanged, so they're not chosen. The significance, what's the significance of this? This miracle serves as a sign that God has chosen Aaron and his family, the Levites, to be priests and to lead the people in worship. So now they know, you know, like they know who it is now. No need to complain, No need to murmur or complain or think that he's not holy enough or we're more holy. No, God, the one that created the heavens and the earth, just chose erin once again. The symbolism the blossoming rod symbolizes God's power and authority. The fruit represents the blessing and fruitfulness that comes from God's chosen leaders. There we go, Amen, The aftermath is Aaron's rod is then placed in the ark of the Covenant as a reminder of God's choice and warning against the rebellion. So anything else that I have in my notes, God solutioned. We kind of already saw that vindication. Yeah, so it's basically God's vindication of Erin so that way they just know once again, like even though He's already told them ready. So yeah, that's a very powerful chapter. We're going to go to numbers eighteen now, and I got these cool little study guides from which will start in numbers nineteen, I believe. Let me see, excuse me, yep, I got some cool little study guides that starts in numbers nineteen. So let's go ahead and go to numbers eighteen. So we are at numbers eighteen. Verse one. Then the Lord said to Aaron, you and your sons and your father's house with you shall bear the iniquity related to the sanctuary. And you and your sons with you shall bear the iniquity associated with your priesthood. Also bring with you your brethren of the tribe of Levi, the tribe of your father, that they may be joined with you and serve you while you and your sons are with you before the Tabernacle of Witness. They shall attend your needs and all the needs of the Tabernacle. But they shall not come near the articles of the sanctuary and the altar, lest they die. They and you also they shall be joined with you and attend the need to the needs of the Tabernacle of Meeting, for all the work of the Tabernacle. But an outsider shall not come near you. And you shall attend the duties of the sanctuary and the duties of the altar, that they may be no more wrath on the children of Israel. Behold, I myself have taken your brethren, the Levites, from among the children of Israel. They are a gift to you, given by the Lord to do the work of the Tabernacle of the Meeting. Therefore, you and your sons with you shall attend to your priesthood for everything at the altar and behind the veil, and you shall serve. I give your priesthood to you as a gift for service. But the outsider who comes near shall be put to death. So these are the duties of the priest and the Levites, letting him know that no outsider needs to come in anymore. And basically he's just telling them the duties, their duties. Okay, now let's check out this offerings for support of the priest. Let's see what this is. This is going to be talking about offerings or tithing. Okay, this is something that so we'll talk about it before we start this number eighteen eight. So sometimes when you go to you know, sometimes I noticed with families sometimes you know, you go to tithe and maybe the husband's more willing to give and the wife's not. Or sometimes the wife is more willing to give and the husband is not. You know, sometimes both are just happy to give, you know. So, and I'm talking about in a church setting. I'm not talking about what meaning what we have going on here. I'm talking about like a church setting and like tithing, and and to be honest, when it comes to the Bible, they talk about, you know, ten percent tithe, and you know, that's that's what they they were required to do back in the day. That was that was what they were required to do. Now you know, it's it's different. It's like the new testing is more give whatever's on your heart, right, So there's not like a percentage or something like that. Now some people are stark on that ten percent, you know, like like they have to give ten percent and God will bless you. You know, if you do give like that, you know that that's God will will bless you in different ways. Not saying he's gonna bless you but money, but he's gonna bless you in different ways, you know. So, But God loves a cheerful giver, right, But I don't. I don't. With my ministry that I do here, I I try to get paid from you know, if Spotify wants to pay me, which I don't get paid from them, or if you two wants to pay me, then cool. If you know Colt the Conspiracy wants to pay me for doing these shows, cool, But I don't ask for money from the viewers or the people. You know, I don't have a Patreon, but but people still give, which is crazy once in a while, you know, like, you know, I had this this one gentleman that blew my mind. I'll tell you that. You know, his name is Brad, and he's just an amazing guy, and Brad Gillis is his name, and uh, he blew my mind, you know. But but the thing about it, I think it's better for me to not ask for money or anything. Since I have a full time job. God has blessed me with the full time job. I work in the water industry. I'm also a disabled vet. I have all this stuff going on, you know, you know, and if someone decides to bless me with money, if someone decides to bless me with money, then I'll have God lead you to that. I'm not going to sit here and be like, hey, guys, you know money for the industry, because I don't have a building. First of all, I don't have overhead. It's just me, my little smiley face here. So what do I need? You know, all I need is just people to be getting saved. That's what I need. So I'd rather you guys do. And then there's a lot of people that are struggling out there, and I would never want someone that's struggling to try to send me money. No way. I want you to keep your money or take it and give it to the homeless or something. So but anyways, but in that's church setting, where they have overhead, they have people and all these different things going on. That's different I can understand because that's that's how the pastor makes his living and that's his job. This right here, this is right here that I'm doing. This is like my extracurricular activity for the Lord and I get blessed in different ways. So so my point to what I'm saying right now is not for you to offer anything to me. This is for me just to tell you, like from a church standpoint, you know, so I just want you guys to know that. But this is offerings for support of the priest. This is you know, back then in the Old Testament, you know, it's different. This is what God is saying to to the to the priest, and the Lord spoke to Aaron. Here, I myself have also given you charge of my heave offerings. Oh my whole point to saying that sometimes there's like a husband that that that that doesn't want to give and the wife does want to give or the you know, either way. So what I would say is both get together so you don't cause fights or any kind of arguments. Both of you get together and pray about it, right and then also you know, if you don't want if she doesn't want to give money or he doesn't want to give money to the Lord, at least try to give something like maybe serve, maybe watch the kids for the church, maybe do something if if if you're not financially able in the position to do that, you can maybe give your time, you know. And there's just different avenues you could do to give to the Lord. It's not about just like, hey, let me just write a check though it in the and the hat and I'm good. You know, you could either do there's other different ways. So just wanted to let you guys know that if you guys are attending a church, there's ways to provide for the church where it's not just financial. Maybe if someone doesn't like to give money to the church, you can maybe provided in a different way. Sometimes they have events that they throw firework carnivals. Maybe you could, you know, volunteer or something. There's just different ways you can you can offer to the Lord. But let me just continue. This is numbers eighteen, verse eight. And the Lord spoke to Aaron. Here, I myself has also given you charge of my heave offerings, all the holy gifts of the children of Israel. I have given them as a portion to you and your sons as an ordinance forever, this shall be yours of the most holy things reserved for the fire. Every offering of theirs, every grain offering, and every sin offering, and every trespass offering which they render to me shall be most holy for you and your sons in the most holy place. You shall eat it. Every male shall eat it. It shall be holy to you. This also was yours the heave offering of their gift, with all the wave offerings, and the children of Israel. I have given them to you and your sons and the daughters of you as an ordinance forever. Everyone who is clean in your house may eat it. So this is more like almost like the member when we were in Leviticus, is kind of like Levitical laws, kind of just retold just to make sure that everybody knows, just to make sure that you know, to make sure that Aaron knows. So numbers eighteen verse twelve. All the best of the oil, all the best of the new wine, and the grain, their first first fruits, which they offer to the Lord. I have given them to you. Whatever first ripe fruit is in their land, which they bring to the Lord, shall be yours. Everyone who is cleaned in your house may eat it. Every devoted thing in Israel shall be yours. Everything that first opens the womb of all the flesh. Flesh which they bring to the Lord, whether man or beast, shall be yours. Nevertheless, the firstborn of man you shall surely redeem, and the firstborn of unclean animals you shall redeem. And those redeemed of the devoted things shall redeem when one month old, according to your evaluation for the five shekels of silver, according to the shekel of the sanctuary, which is twenty guarrant gharas. But the firstborn of a cow, the firstborn of a sheep, or the firstborn of a goat, you shall not redeem. They are holy. You shall speak of their blood on the altar and burn their fat as an offering made by fire for a sweet aroma to the Lord. And their flesh shall be yours, just as the wave, breast and the right thigh are yours. All the heave offerings of the holy things which the children of Israel offer to the Lord. I have given to you and your sons and daughters with you as an ordinance forever. It is a covenant of salt forever before the Lord, that you and your descendants with you. Then the Lord said to Aaron, you shall have no inheritance in their land, nor shall you have any portion among them. I am your portion and your inheritance among the children of Israel. So they get all these special things, but they're not getting an inheritance of land, nor shall you have any portion among them. I am your portion, My God, is your portion, your inheritance among the children of visual I'm sure I don't know. I'm just speculating that they'll have an inheritance in the Kingdom of heaven. Come on, So now, why would the Lord do that. I'm just speculating here, Probably because they don't want to get that greed going in their mind. They don't want to get their mind thinking about their inheritance and their land and their money and they're this and that, Like he doesn't want them to be thinking about that, that greedy part. What's happens. You know, if you ever see somebody die, you see the family come running for that land, right, Yeah, that's what happens. And so it seems like God is saying, I am your inheritance. So God knows best. We know that. Now here's the part about the tie. I was one chapter ahead Ties for Support of the Levites. Now, let me mind you, the Levites don't have a job. They don't have land, and they don't have sheep. Right, they're not they don't have a garden because they don't have a place to live. They're like literally doing this all the time. So this is their job, right, So this is what's the This is the ties to support the Levites. Behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tithes in Israel as an inheritance, in return for the work which they perform the work of the Tabernacle of Meeting. Here After, the children of Israel shall not come near the Tabernacle of Meeting, lest they bear the sin and die. But the Levites shall perform the work of the Tabernacle of Meeting, and they shall bear their iniquity. It shall be a statute forever throughout your generations that among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance for the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer up as a heave offering to the Lord. I have given to the Levites as an inheritance. Therefore, I have said to them, among the children of Israel, they shall have no inheritance all right. Now let's see what it says about the tithe of the Levites. So this is getting interesting. It's kind of good stuff to know, you know, for Old Testament, to kind of see what where God was at with the priest. So now we're at me go back to my notes. We're still in eighteen, all right, So eighteen numbers eighteen, verse twenty five. Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, speak thus to the Levites, and say to them, when you take from the children of Israel the tie which I have given you from them as your inheritance, then you shall offer up a heave offering of it to the Lord, a tenth of the tithe. And then you heave offering shall be reckoned to you as though it were grained as the threshing floor, and as the fullness of the wine press. Thus you shall also offer a heave offering to the Lord from all of your tithes which you receive from the children of Issuel. You shall give the Lord heat Lord's heave offering from it to Aaron, the Priest. Of all your gifts. You shall offer up every heave offering due to the Lord from all the best of them. The consecrated part of them. Therefore you shall say to them, when you have lifted up the best of it, then the rest shall be accounted to them. The Levite counted to the Levites as the produce of the threshold floor, as the produce of the wine press. You may eat it in any place you and your households, for it is your reward for your work in the tabernacle of meeting. And you shall bear no sin because of it when you have lifted up the best of it. But you shall not prof the holy gifts of the children of Israel, lest you die. So talking about the tithes, but you know understand, you know why they would get the tithe and you guys should understand exactly why that's even going on. In the first place. We've gone through all of the Book of Leviticus, which is just I mean just, I mean the whole book was like that almost I didn't really get it. You guys stuck with me through that. Yeah, praise God, you know, because as the teacher of that, I was like, wow, this is getting really interesting. So now we're in numbers nineteen, I kind of got like a little steady guide. It's pretty cool. Helps me out. It's actually from Bible Hub, so it'll help me. So numbers nineteen Laws of Purification. So it looks like we're gonna be going over the red heffer ritual. So let's ooh wow, Okay, it's a quick chapter. So we have numbers nineteen verse one. Now, if you have made it to this point, I want you to comment on Spotify and say hey, I made it to numbers nineteen. God is Great or whatever you want to put comment on Spotify please. And then also if you want to leave a five star review and leave a comment on their Apple. I haven't really heard any of you guys comment on this show on Apple. If you guys could leave a written review, that'd be really cool. Numbers nineteen, verse one, Laws of Purification. Now the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying this is the ordinance of the law which the Lord has commanded, saying, speak to the children of Israel, that they bring you a red heifer without blemish, in which there is no defect, and on which say yoke has never come. You shall give it to Elias are the priests, that he may take it outside the camp and shall be slaughtered before him and Eliezar. The priest shall take some of its blood with its finger and sprinkle some of its blood seven times directly in front of the tabernacle of meeting. Then the heifer shall be burned in its sight, it's hide, its flesh, its blood, and its oval shall be burned, And the priest shall take cedar wood and hysup and scarlet and cast him in the midst of the burning fire of the heifer. Then the priest shall wash his clothes, he shall bathe in water, and afterward he shall come into the camp. The priest shall be unclean until evening. The one who burns it shall wash his clothes in water, bathe in water, and shall be unclean until evening, because they touched the dead body. Right then the man who is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer and store them outside the camp in a clean place, and they shall be kept from the congregation of the children of Israel. For the water of purification. It is for the purifying from sin. Okay, So that's what the whole thing is, for purification, purifying of sin. The red heifer. Now you hear a lot about the red heifer in you know, for the end times to come. That's very interesting that they have this in the Book of Numbers as well. So what it says in my study guide about those first ten verses. In these verses, God instructs Moses and Aaron about the red heifer ritual. I read, heifer without blemish to be slaughtered outside the camp and lie Aaron sun is to sprinkle some of the blood in front of the tent meeting. The heifer is then burned along with the cedar wood. We understand we already read that and the scarlet wool. The ashes are used in the water of purification. So that's what the ashes are used for the water purification. Wow, that's really cool. So we'll continue in verse ten, it says Numbers nineteen, verse ten, and the one who gathers the ashes of the heifer shall wash his clothes and be uncleaned until evening. It shall be a statute forever to the children of Issuel and to the stranger who dwells among them. Okay, so keep that in mind, that red heifer, this whole thing for the end times. And when we go over that in the New Testament and we go to over to Revelation Book of Daniel, you know prophecy, right, just just keep that in mind for when we go over that. Stick that in the back of your head until we get to the Red Heifer and everything that is supposed to happen. I know that people have different eschatologies, okay, and people will jump all over me like the Red Heffer doesn't it already happened and we're in Satan's little season whatever people want to say, you know, just you know, I'm just talking about from some eschatologies, believe the red Heffer is going to happen. All right now, you guys already know where I'm at with eschatology or end Times. I don't know where I'm at. So many people have gone over end Times on my show that I'm kind of just I need to get back and study it. But right now I'm studying the Book of Numbers, so I'm not trying to jump over to that. Let's continue all right now. We're gonna go through the Laws of Purification Verses eleven through twenty two. He touches the dead body of anyone. He who touches the dead body of anyone shall be unclean seven days. He shall purify himself with water on the third day, and on the seventh day, then he will be clean. But if he does not purify himself on the third day on the seventh day, he will not be clean. Whoever touches the body of anyone who has died and does not purify himself defiles the tabernacle of the Lord. That person shall be cut off from Israel. He shall be unclean because the water purification was not sprinkled on him. His uncleanliness is still on him. Right, we're in numbers nineteen, verse fourteen. This is the law. When a man dies in a tent, all who come into the tent and all who are in the tent shall be uncleaned seven days. And every open vessel which has no cover fastened on it is unclean. Whoever in the open field touches one who is slain by a sword, or who has died, or a bone of a man or a grave, shall be uncleaned seven days. Let me look something up real quick, Okay, So we'll look into the notes real fast. So the remaining versus outline the laws of purification, including how one becomes impure by touching a dead body and how one is to be purified. Thereafter, the text further provides instruction for people who have come into contact with the dead, the specific steps for purification and the consequences of non compliance. So understand guys that, yeah, there's just there's instructions that are provided for people that do this, and God is saying that you're unclean, so let's continue numbers nineteen seventeen. So basically, you're unclean or you're unholy. Numbers nineteen, verse seventeen. And for an unclean person, they shall take some of the ashes of the heifer burnt for purification from sin, and running waters shall be put on them in a vessel. A clean person shall take hiss up and dip it in the water, sprinkle it on the tent, on all the vessels of the persons who were there, excuse me, on the one who touched a bone, the slain, the dead, or a grave. The clean person shall sprinkle the unclean on the third day, and on the seventh day. On the seventh day, he shall purify himself, wash his clothes, and bathe in water, and at the evening he shall be clean. But the man who is unclean and does not purify himself, that person shall be cut off from among the assembly. Because he has defiled the sanctuary of the Lord. The water of purification has not been sprinkled on him, he is unclean. It shall be perpetual statute for them. He who sprinkles the water purification shall wash his clothes. And he who touches the water the purification shall be unclean until evening. Whatever the unclean person touches shall be unclean, and the person who touches it shall be unclean until evening. So luckily, here in America, we don't really have to deal with that. When someone passes away, most of the time you don't have to deal with it. You call the police, you call fire department, you call the ambulance, and an ambulance. You call the ambulance and they will come and they will call a corner. The corner will take the dead body and you don't really have to touch it. So we really don't have to worry about it as much. But back then they didn't have a corner they could call. They had to do it themselves orhas you know, maybe like a family member do it. And God is just saying like, hey, there's different steps you have to take to become clean again, and you need to follow these and this is just really strict, and it's something that that there's a reason for it. And a lot of the reasons for things is because God wants to separate you from the people. Sometimes when you're touching dead bodies, there could be some diseases and there could be something so you're unclean. So just like when you have some type of disease, God is separating you from the camp. You know, there's certain things that God does, there's laws that God sets forth for reasons, right, and holiness and separation happens. Right. So the chapter underscores the importance of holiness and separation from impurity, reflecting on God's nature and his call for his people to be set apart. Right, that's what the whole thing's about, being set apart practical applications. Just as the Isleites were called to be holy, we are too to be called to pursue holiness in our daily lives. Avoid spiritual defilement, of course, avoid things that cause you to be separate from God. Anytime you sin, you're separate from God. So the practical applications would be pursue holiness, recognize the need for cleansing, acknowledge the areas in your life that require spiritual cleansing and seek God's forgiveness and renewal. That's definitely important. Embrace God's sacrifice. That's something I always say, Embrace what God did for us on the cross, right, and embrace what Jesus did for us on the cross because it provides us with complete purification from sin. So that's why I always say, like, there's all these laws that are put in place. You have to follow the law, you have to fallow this, you have to follow that in order to even pray to God. You know, now we have Jesus dying on the cross, and he is the bridge between us and God. So all that unholiness between us and God, it gets bridged by us leaving what Jesus did on the cross, right, So it's just amazing. Anything else I could kind of at the events burning the half for additional suitorod I don't know if there's anything else I can kind of go over in these notes. So connections to the scriptures. So if you want to look up Hebrews nine, verses thirteen through fourteen, that this passage connects the purification rituals of the Old Testament to the Superior cleansing and the power of Christ's blood. If you go to one Peter one fifteen through sixteen, a call to holiness echoing the theme of being set apart as God's people. And then if you go to Tewo Corinthian six seventeen and encourage the believers to separate themselves from impurity and live as God's holy people. If you want to go to those, you could see what I just explained. Right there, there's a whole bunch of study notes and everything. So now I'm going to go to numbers twenty verse one, and I got this neat little study guide here to help me, and I got notes, So what a blessing? All right? Numbers twenty verse one. Then the Children of Israel, the whole congregation came into the wilderness of Zen in the first month, and they stayed in Kadesh, and Mariam died there and was buried there. Okay, so now we have Mariam who is Aaron and Moses family member. That's their sister.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So children of visual the whole congression came into the wilderness of Zen in the first month, and the people stayed in Kadesh, and Marriam died there and was buried there. So Marriam passed away. That's going to be Moses and Aaron's sister. So let's let's go numbers twenty verse two. Now there was no water for the congregation, so they gathered together against Moses and Aaron and the people. The people contended with Moses and spoke saying, if only we had died when our brethren died before the Lord, why have we brought up the assembly to the Lord and to the wilderness, and we and our animals should die here? Why have you brought us okay, why have you brought up the assembly of the Lord into the wilderness that we and our animals should die here? So they're some more contentions, some more grumbling, some more complaining, and they're putting it all on Moses, right, so saying that they wish they would have died, you know, and the other people died like man. Now we're in numbers twenty verse five. And why have you made us come up out of the Egypt to bring us to this evil place? Is it not a place of grain or figs, or vines or popranates, nor is there any water to drink? So Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly to the door of the tabernacle meeting, and they fell on their faces, and the glory of the Lord appeared to them. Now that this is, you know, the famous thing, the famous uh part, when Moses hits the rock. Right. So then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, take the rod or staff, right, you and your brother Aaron, gathered the congregation together, speak to the rock before their eyes, and it and it will yield its water. Thus you shall bring water from out of the rock and give drink to the congregation and their animals. So Moses took the rod from before the Lord as he commanded him, and Moses and Aarin gathered the assembly before the rock, and he said to them here now you rebels, must must we bring water from out of this rock. Then Moses lifted his hand and instruct the rock twice with the rod, and water came out abundantly, and the congregation of the animals drank. So then the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, say, because you did not believe me to hollow me in the eyes of the childreners there, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them. So so we'll go into the steady God. So Verses one through five, and the first month, the Israelites arrived at the desert of Zen and stay in Cadessh. There, Miriam dies and is buried. The community faces the water shorders, and they gather against Moses and Aaron, complaining about their circumstances. Now Verses six through eleven, which we were kind of going through. Right there, it says Moses and Aaron seek God's counsel at the tent of meeting, which is what they're supposed to do. Right They're supposed to go to the Lord. So they did. Right right there, God instructs Moses to speak to the rock before the Israelites and it'll yield water.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: So Moses is instructed by God, like right here, thank the rod. You and your brother Aaron gathered congregations speak to the rock before their eyes, and it will yield water. So Moses did not do as God instructed. You can hear what you can hear his tone right here, because you have an exclamation point here. Now you rebels must must we bring water out of this rock. Then Moses lifted his hand, struck the rock twice with the rod, and water came out of bundantly and the congregation of the animal's rank. So God still blessed them with the water. And still because they needed water, God wanted them to depend on the Lord. Now, Moses and there did the correct thing by going to the Lord. Right, they brought the matter to the Lord, which is perfect. But when when you bring a matter to the Lord, and the Lord and tells you to do something, you better do it correctly and don't do so much frustration because you tell here now, you rebels, you see how he's mad? Must we be bringing from out this rock? Then Moses lifted his hand and struck the rock twice too, boom boom, like as if he was mad. It sounds like. Then the Lord spoke to Moses in entry, because you did not believe me to hollow me in the eyes of the children miser Therefore, you should not bring this assembly into the land which I've given them. This was the water in Marabah. Because the children of Isuel contended with the Lord, then he has hollowed among them, separate from them. Let's see what it says here in the study Guide. Because of Moses's disobedience, God decrees that neither Moses nor Aaron will lead the Israelites into the Promised Land. This event is referred to as the waters of Mirabah, where the Israelites quarreled with God, where he showed himself holding among them. Let's see that that word Maraba, Marabah. I think I've heard that before. I think I told you guys that means quarrel with God. Let's make sure that I'm correct. Here, we're in numbers twenty verse thirteen. Numbers twenty verse thirteen. This is the water of Maraba. Okay, let's see what that means. I think it means quarrel with God. Strife or contention, That's what it means. Marabah means strife or contention, Strife for contention. So Maraba strife for contention, that's what they have against the Lord, strife or contention. The name of the water supply of Cadesh and the southern border promised to lend that people also murdered here against God. Okay, yeah, so we did talk about Marabah before. I think of the Book of Exodus, and we spoke of that. And Mirrabal was in Exodus seventeen seven, and he called the name of the place Massah and Marabah numbers twenty verse thirteen, this is the water of Maraba, and then numbers twenty twenty four, which we'll read right now. It also says Marribal, So it just kind of wanted to look that up for you guys. All right, now, let's go to numbers twenty verse fourteen. Now Moses sent messengers from Kadish to the king of Edom Edomites. Oh, you know the Edomites are from Esau, right, is that who this is the king of Edom. Let's see eat them, eat them, eat them, eat them, eat them and eat them read eat them Edomites. Yeah, descendants of Esau. Yes, the Cysts. So now Moses sent messengers from Kadesh passage through Eatom refused. Oh that's what That's what the the the main thing of this is. It's going to be interesting here. Now Moses sent messengers from Cadesh to the king of Edom or the Edomites. Thus says your brother, Thus says your brother Israel. You know all the hardship that has befallen us, How our fathers went down to Egypt, and we dwelt in Egypt a long time, and the Egyptians afflicted us and our fathers. When we cried out to the Lord, we we heard our He heard our voice and sent the angel and brought us up out of Egypt. Now here we are in Kadesh, a city at the edge of your border. Please let us pass through your country. We will not pass through fields, or nor will we drink water from wells. We will go along the King's highway, and we will not turn aside at the right hand or to the left. That we have passed through your territory. Then Edam said to him, you shall not pass through my land, lest I come out against you with sword. So the chosen of Israel said to him, we will go by the highway, and if I or my lovestock drink any of your water, then I will pay for it. Let me pass through on foot nothing more. Then he said, you shall not pass through. So came out against them with many men with a strong hand. Thus Eden refused to give Israel passes to his territory. So Israel turned away from him. How interesting the way that they're talking here. Thus, your brother Israel, you know, your brother Jacob. The way that they're talking here, Let me see what the Because Moses disobedience, God decreases that neither. Okay, that's twelve and thirteen. Let's see what the study guide says about these verses, because the way that they're talking is is really really interesting that thus, your brother Israel, your brother Jacob. Right, so they're talking about their descendants and counter with Eaedom. Moses sends messengers to the King of Edom asking for permission to pass through his land. Despite repeating pleas, the King of Edom refuses and shows up with the formidable army. The Israelites turn away and do not engage in a confrontation. All right, So that's interesting right there. Right, So it's fascinating when excuse me, when you notice certain names or certain things like eat them. Sometimes maybe some people would read that and not connect that to the Edomites, but yeah, that's his descendants, right, and that's why they say, that's your brother Israel, who is Jacob. So we'll continue numbers twenty Verse twenty two the death of Aaron. Wow, now we have Aaron dying. Now the Chosen of Israel. The whole congregation journeyed from Kadesh and came to Mount Horror or Horror, I don't know, it's h R. I don't know if I'm saying that correctly. Forgive me if I'm not saying it right. Maybe it's Or instead of Horror. I don't know. Mount Or, and the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron in Mount Horror, by the border of the land of Edom, saying, Aaron shall be gathered to his people, and he shall not enter the land which I have given to the children of Israel, because you rebelled against my word at the water of Marabah. Take Aaron and Elias are his son, and bring them up to Mount Horror, and strip Aaron of his garments and put them on Aliae'zer's son, Elias are his son, For Aaron shall be gathered to his people and die there. So Moses did just as the Lord commanded, and they went up to Mount Or in the sight of all and congregation of all the congregation, Moses stripped Aaron of his garments and put them on alias Or his son, and Aaron died on the top of the mountain. Then Moses and Elisiard came down from the mountain. Now, when all the congregations saw that Aaron was dead, all the house of Israel mourned for Aaron thirty days. So so they mourned for Aaron. What I would say, you know, personally, this is just me. I'm not a I mean, maybe you guys can mourn for You can mourn for like the people because they're gonna be missing Aaron and missing his leadership. But don't mourn for Aaron, because I mean, where's Aaron gonna go. He's gonna go to Paradise hopefully, which at the time was inside the earth. You had shield on one side and then you had Paradise on the other side. So at least he's going to Paradise. He's not going to Heaven yet, not until Jesus dies on the cross. So so let's see death of Aaron. God tells Moses and Aaron. This is out of the study notes, right, This is out the study Bible. It says God tells Moses and Aaron to go to Mount Or. There Aaron will die and be gathered to the people since he will not enter the promised land. Moses follows God's instruction, and in the presence of the entire community, Aaron dies on Mount Or. Number twenty is a pointed chapter in the Bible that focuses on the people of visual during their wilderness wanderings. This chapter describes a complaint due to the lack of water, the miraculous provision of water that the rock, Moses acts of disobedience, Aaron's death and their action of king edom. Yeah, oh, that's just going over with. The number twenty is about the death of Miriam. Aaron's death marks another transition and leaderships and serve as a reminder of the mortality and the accountability of God's leaders. Definitely practical applications, Like what can we put as practical applications in our life? Trust in God's instructions. Amen, That's something we should definitely do when even when circumstances are challenging, we must trust and obey God's specifics instructions rather than relying on our own understanding. Amen to that. That's very true. Guard against frustration. Like Moses, we must be cautious not to let frustration lead us frustration lead us to disobedience. Seeking God's peace in difficult times is crucial. Yes, So don't be quick to be angered, right, don't be quick to anger. Take a deep breath, especially if it's an instruction from God. You should handle it, you know, you should handle it like something special. You know like you're carrying something special. You're doing something special because because God instructed you instead of taking your frustrations out on the rock, which sounds like you have an attitude which you know, ay, God gives us. God gives us these children, these little children, these kids that we take care of, you know, these babies that God gives us, these precious little things. And then sometimes we get frustrated with them, and God's instruction is to raise them up in the Lord. That would be something we give us to a practical application. Sometimes we might get frustrated against our kids and it gets frustrating, of course, but God has instructed us to take care of these little ones. Whether therefore you eat, or you drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. One Corinthians ten thirty one. Right, So do all to the glory of God. So try to guard yourself against frustration, guard yourself against anger. That is such a good thing. Practical applications. Another one would be acknowledge God's holiness. Recognize the importance of honoring God's holiness and our actions and words. As Moses, failure to do so had significant consequences. You see, now, God's not able doesn't talk to us and tell us like, hey, since you made that choice, I'm gonna do this. See, but it's happening in the spiritual So sometimes we might do something that causes God to put our life on a different track than it was going to be on if you would have just obeyed, Which is amazing. These little choices that we make, these little anger that we get, these little frustrations that we get, we might be pushing our life into it. You know, there's a four the road. We might be putshing it in a different way because we weren't obedient to the Lord. Leadership accountability leaders are held in a high standard, but must lead by example, demonstrating faith and obedience to God, that's for sure. So all right, so that is numbers twenty. Hopefully you guys like this little study guides. I kind of enjoy it. I like it. I think it's it really assists me on giving you guys practical applications what that own't always get to do. Here we go, now we're going to be on numbers twenty one. Verse one, Canaanites defeated at Urmah, the king of Arid, the Canaanite who dwelt in the south, heard that Israel was coming on the road to Athereum. Then he fought against Israel and took some of them prisoners. So Israel made a vow to the Lord and said, if you will indeed deliver this people into my hand, then I will utterly destroy their cities. And the Lord listened to the voice of Israel and delivered up the Canaanites, and they utterly destroyed them and their cities. So the name of that place was called Ormah. So what do we need to know? I don't know. What does horma mean? That's what I want to know. Numbers twenty one, verse three. He called the place Hormah. Why why is it called Hormah? Is there some kind of because they defeated him? Or what horma means? Devotion? A town of the Canaanknites, conquered by Joshua, a lot of the Judah and located in the south, located in the south of Judah. Devotion is what Horma means. So the name place was called devotion. Wow, all right, very very interesting. But it's just so it's kind of just the way that they speak, right, I think that's It's fascinating the way that so Israel made a vow to the Lord and said, if you will deliver this people into my hand. Like Jacob already passed away, right, So who's speaking here? The way that they the way that they it's almost like it's almost like Jacob is talking, but no, Israel is talking. Isn't Jacob Israel just to me the way that I will Like j Israel made a vow to the Lord. Like it's like it's almost like it's like, wouldn't wouldn't Like it's say, the people of Israel made a vow to the Lord, if you will indeed deliver these people into our hands. But it says if you, if you indeed deliver this people into my hand, then I will utterly destroy their cities. And the Lord listened to the voice of Israel. Who is the voice? Who is the voice of Israel? This is something I would I would love to study. Like, I know this might sound off to you guys, And maybe I don't know, Maybe is Jacob talking to God like from Shield or Paradise, is Jacob talking to God? I mean, I don't know. Am I tripping? But am I looking too deep? Let's see what it says here in a study guide, which they're probably not gonna say something like I said, all right, uh, numbers twenty one. It says the Israelites win a victory over the Canaanites after making a vow to God. They destroy their towns, demonstrating God's favorite towards them. All right, let's continue, and let's go to the Bronze Serpent. And if you hear a dog bar and I'm sorry, guys, like I say, my dog just loves to bark when I'm doing a podcast. It's like he loves it. The bronze Serpent. Then they journeyed from Mount Or by the way of the Red Sea to go around the land of Eaedom, and the soul of the people became very discouraged on their way, and the people spoke against God and against Moses. Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness. For there is no food, no water, and our soul lows this worthless bread. So the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people, and many of the people of Israel died. Therefore, the people came to Moses and said, we have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord and against you. Pray to the Lord that he may take away the serpents from us. So Moses prayed for the people. Then the Lord said to Moses, make a fiery serpent and set it on a pole, and it shall be, and it shall be that everyone who is bitten when he looks at it shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent and put it on a pole, and it was if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked upon the bronze serpent, he lived. So this is a little fascinating part to not grumble or complain. The Israelites grumble again. This is going to be in the Study Guide. The Israelites grumble against God and Moses about their conditions, leading to a divine punishment of fiery serpents whose bite kill many. In response to the people's repentance, God commands Moses to make a bronze serpent and lift up a pole. Whoever looks at it after they've been bitten will live. After being bitten, will live. So they get bitten by these fiery serpents, and then all of a sudden, the people, after the people of Israel die. Then they repent and they say, we have sinned. Well, we have spoken against the Lord and against you. Pray to the Lord that we take away the serpents from us. So they are repenting. They are now, they're they're leaning on the Lord, which God wants you to do the whole time. He wants you to lean on him. So it shows that you repent and you pray. Now God will give a show, give you away a way out. Our way out is Jesus and what he did on the cross. Their way out right here is the bronze serpent. All right, we'll continue from Mount Or to Moab. The Mobites who that's going to be the Moab right, the Mobites? Who are the Mobites? Well, the Mobites are Actually when Lot hooked up with his daughters, the Mobites came about Edomites, Moabitestomites. Zeta was eat them, Esau Wasomites. Okay, the Moobites. And there's another tribe that came out. I can't remember the name. I can look it up. Let me all right, hold on, Moobites and Amorites, Ammonites, sorry, Moobites and Ammonites, descendants of Lot. That Moobites and Ammonites. That's what it was, not the Etomites, because Ittomites came from Esau. I just want to mention that. Go back to that study guide. And now we're on numbers ten are twenty one. Ten. Now the children of Israel moved on, and guys, just let you know. The dog is barking. There's a helicopter going ahead. There's probably something going on outside, so you're probably gonna be hearing that dog bark a little bit, all right, Numbers twenty one, verse ten. Now the children of Israel moved on and camped at Obath. And they journeyed from Obath to and camped at Isabriam and the wilderness, which is set east of Moab towards the sunrise. From there they moved and camped in the valley of Zuried. From there they moved and camped on the other side of Arnan, which is in the wilderness and extends from the border from the border of the Amorites. We know about the Amorites, king of Bashan, Amorites giants. For Arnan is the border of Moab between Moab and the Amori. Therefore, it is said in the Book of Wars of the Lord. I wonder what that is. Therefore, it is said in the Book of the Wars of the Lord. What I want to see? What that? I need to look that up.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: We have in Sufa the brooks of Erna Arnan and the slope of the brooks that reaches the dwelling of r and lies on the border of moeb Wow. Let me see real quick.
Speaker 2: The Book of the Wars of the Lord, the Book of the.
Speaker 1: Of the Lord, Oh, you can get in pdf. The Book of the Wars of the Lord is one of the several Noncanatical books referenced in the Bible which have now been completely lost. What is the Book of the Wars of the Lord about? The Book of the Wars of the Lord is cited in the medieval Book of Josher as being a collaborative record written by Moseesh Joshua and the children of Israel. It was probably a collection of victory songs written about the Israel's military conquests of Canaan. There's probably some I'll have to do some research for you guys on that. But there must have been some crazy wars in there, about giants and all this stuff. I wonder if there's I saw something that said on PDF. I don't know. The Book of the Wars is a biblical text mentioned in numbers twenty one fourteen, likely a collection of early Israelite war songs, hymns, and other literary generations, recounting you always victories discusses the Book of the Wars, which is mentioned. Oh, it discusses. So it's not actually the Book of Wars of the Lord. Hmmm, where's the Book of the It's a lost document, man, I bet you there's some crazy stuff in that book. Excuse me, who knows? That could be locked in the Vatican. It could be locked somewhere where they don't want us to see it because it's probably got stuff that has to do with giants and stuff that they try to hold back from us all the time. You know, I'm just speculating, But I need some more, honey, He'll tell my voice was about to go out. Oh, I can feel it all right. Let's get back to the Bible numbers twenty one, verse sixteen. From there, they went to beer, which is a well where the Lord said to Moses, gathered the people together, and I will give them water. Then Israel sang this song spring up, bowell, all of you sing to it the well, to leaders sank Dug, to the notion's nobles by the lawgiver with their staves. It's going to try to sing it, but sorry, it ain't happening. Let's go numbers twenty one, verse eighteen. We kind of read that part. And from the wilderness they went to Matanah, from Mattanah to Nahlil, from Nihilil to Bemouth, and from Bemouth in the valley that is in the country of Moeb to the top of Piska, which looks down on the wasteland. All right, now we're in numbers twenty one, verse twenty one. Then Israel sent messengers to Shshan, king of the Amorite, saying, let me pass through your land. We will not turn aside into fields or vineyards. We will not drink the water from your wells. We will go by the King's highway until we have passed through your territory. But Sinhan would not allow Israel to pass through his territory. So Sinhan gathered all his people together and went out against Israel in the wilderness, and he came to Jehaz and fought against Israel then Israel defeated him with the edge of the sword and took possession of his land from the Arnan to Jabuk. As far as the people of Amen, Amen is like the Amonites. Right, So there's moa Bites and there's Amonites. Right, so you have the people of Amen. Right. Notice that I'm glad I looked that up, because always a pain in Israel side the Moabites and the Amonites. Crazy thing is Ruth is a mobite. You read about Ruth, she was a mobite, and she's actually in Jesus's line, which is very interesting. Let's continue, for the people of the border of Amen was fortified. So Israel took all these cities, and Israel dwelt in all the cities of the Amorites, in Heshbon and in all its villages. From Heshbon was the city of Sehon, king of the Amorites, who had fought against the former king of Moeb and had taken all his land from his hand as far as Arnan. Therefore, those who speak in Proverbs say, come to Heshbon, let it be built, Let the city of Sihon be repaired. For fire went out from Heshbon, a flame from the city of Sehon Sehon it consumed are of Moeb, the lord of the heights of the Arnan. Woe to you, you Moeb, you have perisho people of Chamash. He has given his sons as fugitives and his daughters into captivity to Sihon, king of the Amorites. Excuse me, but we have shot at them. Hesbone has perished as far as the bone. Then we laid waste as far as Napah, which reaches to Medeba. Thus Israel dwelt in the land of the Amorites. Then Moses sent to spy out jizarre Jazir, and they took its villages and drove out the Amorites who were there. Oh, look at this one king Ah defeated. Okay, this is the one king, a king of Bashan. These are the ones that everybody talks about. These are very interesting because I get excited because it's you know, it's about the giants, and we know we went over Genesis six and we have Gary Wayne's book, all these people that speak about giants and and uh, these are the parts that that you know, people need to understand to understand why the flood happened. To understand all this stuff you know, so numbers twenty one, verse thirty three. King Og defeated, and they turned and went up by the way to Bashan. So Og, king of Bashan, went out against them, he and all his people to battle Edri. Then the Lord said to Moses, do not fear him, for I have delivered him into your hand, with all his people and his land. You shall do to him as you did to Sahon, king of the Amorites, who dwelt in Heshbah. So they defeated him, his sons and all his people until there were no survivor left him. They took they took possession of his land. King Og, let's go. King Og is defeated and his sons and all his people until there was no survivor left in him. So none of his family survived, and they took possession of his land. Uh Oh, I bet you there's some crazy things in that that book. I bet. Let's see thirty three Conquests of the Amorit Kings. The chapter concludes with the Israelites request to pass through the Lens of Amorites, met with hostility. With divine intervention, they conquered the lands of the king Sahon, and king Og, the king of Bashan. Let's go okay, So we kind of went through that teaching points victory over the Canaanites, and chapter begins with the Israelites defeating the Canaanites at Murah, seeking after God's guidance, making a vow to him, which we talked about the bronze Serpent. We kind of already talked about that. The Journey in battles the israel Skatina of the Journey facing various challenges and including battles against the Shon and Og, which demonstrates God continue provision and protection. Also, God is saying to Moses, do not fear him. Why because he is a giant king of Bashan. Right, the Amorites are also a giant tribe. They say in Amos to ten, I think it is. I have to look it up. Amos two ten. They're like as big as cedars. Right, let's see, is it almost two ten? Let me make sure. I don't want to give you guys a reference if it is not the correct one. Amos two verse ten. Yet I destroyed the Amorites before them, though they were tall as cedars and strong as oaks. So it's actually going to be amost to nine. Yet I destroyed the Amorites before them. They were tall as the cedars and strong as the oaks. I destroyed their fruit above and their roots below. I brought you out of Egypt and led you, led you forty years in the wilderness to give you the land of the Amorites. That's what God is talking about this situation here. You see, this is an Amos. He's talking about this, this whole situation here, and he was saying that they were tall as cedars and as strong as the oaks. Why well, because because they were giant tribes. Practical applications that we can kind of take from numbers twenty one. Seek God's guidance. Like the Israelites, we should seek God's direction in our battles and challenges, trusting in His wisdom and strength. Of course, if you're going through something, take it to the Lord. If you're going through any kind of battle, spiritual battle, whatever you're going through, take it to the Lord. Ask for God's guidance, his direction, his wisdom, and his strength. Repentance and healing when we stray. Repentance is key to restoration. Just as the Israels look to the bronze serpent for healing. We must look to Christ for our spiritual healing. Yes, repentance is key. When you realize you messed up, you better repent, right, you better repent because you see that God immediately once they repented, God immediately was like, okay, I'm gonna forgive this and give you a way out right. That's what God does. Christ is our way out right. We sin and we looked at Christ, you know, for what he did on the cross. We ask for forgiveness. We repent. Repent is doing a one to eighty. It's like about face in the army. Right. Trust in God's provision in times of need. Remember that God is our provider. He knows our needs and will surprise the It will supply them according to His riches and in glory. Right. So that's an obvious one. Sometimes what we have at the current moment, we think that we deserve more. We think we deserve more. Yeah, let me just I'm gonna say good night to my wife. She said, I love you good night. I gotta send it love you goodnight. She's get well soon, miss Monday. You know, I got to say good night to her. She took care of my kids tonight, even though she was she has a tube hanging out of her side, you know, like she has a tube and is draining right now. So she still put the kids to sleep tonight so I could do this podcast early. God bless her heart for that, because I was gonna put the kids to sleep, and then you know, end up doing this podcast till like eleven thirty, and then I go back into the room full of sleep and my kids going to wake up at like six, six thirty, I don't know, sometimes seven. Sometimes you get to sleep till seven. But I'm just I'm off right now for like a week, so I can tell my wife what she's recovering. But what a blessing for her to to put the kids to sleep and let me do the podcast a little bit early. But what else can we get from this? Celebrate victories, acknowledge and celebrate the victories God grant. God grants us recognizing his hand and our successes for sure, you know, yeah, when God grants us victory, definitely recognize his hand in our systs. Yeah, celebrate to God, give glory to God whenever there's whenever you have any victory like that, for sure. Another king who confronts and is defeated, less taken my Israelite. So let me just check something real quick. So I am just gonna look something up. Where is that mentioned? Oh, was the last of the Raphites. His bed was decorated with iron and more than nine cubits long of four cubits wide. Oh, that's Deuteronomy three Okay.
Speaker 2: Where is that?
Speaker 1: At the defeat of King of Bashon. I just want to show you guys this. We turn up alongside the road towards Bashan, and the King of Bashan with the whole army marched out to meet us. Okay, I want to find out what verse that is. Let's see, let's see. I just want to get to it quickly. Where is that? Eh? What Bible verse talks about it? Okay, just one second, sorry, Deuteronomy three eleven. I'm gonna go there real quick. Since we're talking about King of Bashan, we talked about that being the tallest cedars and all that stuff. Excuse me, excuse me, Deuteronomy three eleven. And the new king James. We're only odd. King of Bashan remained the remnant of the giants. Indeed, his bedstead was an iron bedstead, it is not the Rabbi of the people of Amen. Nine cubits, it's lengthd in four cubits. It's withth according to the standard cubit. So why is the Bible going to mention how big his bed is? Well, it says that king of bashan remain of the remnant of the giants. Probably another if you're reading out of other text, it's probably going to say nepheline right, So it's kind of interesting. He slept on an iron bedstead. So his bed was made of iron, and it's nine cubits, and it's lengthd in four cubits, and it's with a cubit. I think it's eighteen inches. So if you did eighteen a royal cubit is eighteen. Let's see nine cubits in its length divided by twelve, that's thirteen point five feet long, four cubits in width eighteen times four divided by twelve six, So it's what fourteen by six feet. Some are like that fourteen by six feet. Some people said it's like fifteen or sixteen by by six by seven feet or something. So it's a big bed, all right. So that's the point. I think we got enough time to knock out numbers twenty two. So let's go ahead and go there. Oops. Okay, so this is going to be an interesting uh. Another fascinating chapter in the Book of Numbers Numbers twenty two, Verse one, Bloch sends for Balamb. Then the children of Israel moved and camped in the plains of Moeb on the side of the Jordan across from Jericho. Now Balak, the son of Zipper Zippor is the son of Zippor, saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites. And Moab was exceedingly afraid of the people because there were many. And Moab was sick with dread because of the children of Israel. So Moab said to the elders of Midian, Now this company will lick up everything around us, as an ox licks up the grass of the field. And Bailik, the son of Zappor, was king of the Moabites at that time. Then he sent messengers to Balam, the son of Bjor, at Pethor, which is near the river in the land the sons of his people, to call them, saying, look, a people has come from Egypt. See the cover of the face of the earth. See they cover the face of the earth, and they are settling next to me, and he's just like saying that, like next to me. Therefore, please come at once curse this people for me, for they are too mighty for me. Perhaps I shall be able to defeat them and drive them out of the land. For I know that he whom you bless is blessed, and whom he whom you curse is cursed. So so Bile's fear and request. Seeing the victory of the Israelites, King Black of Moab felt threatened and formed an alliance with the Midianites. Midianites is kind of interesting because that's where Moses's father is from. He's a Midianite.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We went over that they sent elders to Belahm, a soothsayer in Pethor with divination fees, to invoke a curse on the Israelite So he's speaking send messages to Belah the son of Or. He's a he's a soothsayer, right, divination, which is an abomination to God. Right, kind of like a soothsayer is a soothsayer is kind of like a like a witch or something like like kind of like a witch or a warlock. I would say Okay, a witch or a warlock would be like a soothsayer. So he's trying to have him put a curse on the Israelites. He's trying to invoke a curse on the Israelites. So we'll continue. This is a numbers twenty two, verse seven. So the elders of Moeb and the elders of Median departed with the divine yars divination divin ears fee in their hand. And they came to Balaam and spoke to him the words of Bloch. And he said to them, lodge here tonight, and I will bring back word to you as the Lord speaks to me. So the princes of Moab stayed with Balam the Lord. So who is he talking about, Well, he's talking about Bail, as the Lord speaks to me. So the princes of Moab stayed with Balaam. Then God came to Balah and said, okay, m maybe I don't know, maybe I'm tripping me. Let me see what that what that means there, let me just reread that number twenty two, verse seven says, so the elders of Moeb and the elders of Midian departed with the divine yars fee in their hand. And they came to Belam and spoke to him with words of Bloch. And so Bloch said to them, lodge here tonight, and I will bring back word to you as the Lord speaks to me. So the princes of Moeb stayed with Belong. Okay. Then God came to Balaam and said, who are these men with you? So Balaam said to God, block, the son of the four king of Moab, has sent me saying, look at people has come out of Egypt, and they covered the face of the earth. Come now curse them for me. Perhaps I should be able to overpower them and drive them out. And God said to Balaam, you shall not go out with them. You shall not curse the people, for they are blessed. So Balam rose in the morning and said to the princes of Bulah, go back to your land, for the Lord has refused to give me permission to go with you. And the princes of Moab rose and went back to Balloch and said, Balaam refuses to come with us. And then Bloch sent princes more numerous and more honorable than they, and they came to Balaam and said to them thus Belock, the son of Zippor, Please let nothing hinder you from coming to me, for I will certainly honor you greatly, and I will do whatever you say to me. Therefore, please come curse this people for me. Then Balaam answered and said to the servants of Block, though Block were to give me his house full of silver and gold, I could not go beyond the word of the Lord my God to do less or more. Now, therefore, please you also stay here tonight, and I may know what more the Lord will say to me. And God came to Balaam at night and said to him, if the men come to you, If the men come call you, rise and go with them, But only the word which I speak to you, that you shall do. So Balem rose in the morning, sattled his donkey, and went to the princess of Moeb. So let's just see what this says. Balloch sent a more prestigious delegation, promising great honor and a roar. Balm was told by God to go out only speak what he commanded. So Baalam's sent off his donkey, set off his donkey. So I just this is just an interesting part here, because it's a it's a if he's doing divination. Baylim invited the messengers to stay overnight a waiter for God's instruction. So Bailick fear the because seeing over the victory, King Bailick of Moeb felt threatened and formed alliance with the Mediannites. They sent elders to Balem, a soothsayer. So Baalam's a soothsair, So who is Balem's God? Like, I wonder why it says that? Then Balem answered and said to the servants of Bailick, through Bailick or to give me his full house of golden silver. I cannot go be from the Lord my God. So if he's a soothsayer, how is the Lord my God? Like? What is he talking about? So I have to see something. I have to look this up. I'm sorry, baaliums God. Sorry, I just want to look this up. I apologize. Who is Baalam's god? He is? Baylim, a non Israelite prophet, is known for being commissioned by King Baylick of Moab to curse the Earzelites, but instead he blesses them as he only utters what God Yahweh inspires him. Okay, I just want to make sure that he's talking about Yahweh, because excuse me, sometimes sometimes that word Elohem or God can be used for different gods, but that's capitalized. So I was sure that he was. They were talking about Yahweh. That's why he's a diviner or a prophet who living in Moab in a regional rule by kim Be like h. But he's still following. He's still afraid of of Yahweh. Right, So let's see what what happens here. Then God's anger was aroused because he went and the Angel of the Lord took his stand in the in the way as an ad against him. So it says, Balem the donkey and the angel is what this is called. Let's go back to Let's go back to the steady guide. We're gonna be verse twenty two through thirty. Here, so came to beal on the night. If the men come and call you, rise and go with them, but only the word which I speak to you, that you shall do. So, Baylim rose in the morning, saddled his donkey and went to the to the princess of Moeb. Then God's anger read UH numbers twenty two, twenty two. Then God's anger was aroused because he went and the Angel of the Lord. The Angel of the Lord took his stand in the way as an adversary against him, and he was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. Now the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with his drawn sword in his hand, and the donkey turned aside out of the way and into the field. So Balim struck the donkey to turn her back onto the road. Then the Angel of the Lord stood in the narrow path between the vineyards, with a wall on his side and a wall on that side. And when the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord, he pushed herself. She pushed herself against the wall and crushed Balem's foot against the wall, so he struck her again. Then the Angel the Lord went further and stood in the narrow place where there was no way to turn either to the right or to the left. And when the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord, she laid down under Balim. So Balem's anger was aroused, and he struck the donkey with the staff. Then the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balim, this is see listen, what if I had done to you that she had struck you with these three times. And Balim said to the donkey, because you have abused me, I wish, I wish there were a sword in my hand for now I would kill you. So the donkey said to Baalim, and may not. You're donkey in which you have written ever since I would become yours to this day, Ever since I became yours to this day, was I never disposed to do this to you? And he said no. So, first of all, how come Balem? Maybe because he's a soothsayer and he does divination, Maybe he's used to animals talking to him. I don't know, But his donkey's talking to him right here, and he's talking back to him and having a conversation like there's no problem. Most of us would be like, donkey, are you talking? Hold on, let me just get my phone out and record you. But they don't have phones back then. But anyways, let's continue. This is a supernatural situation, right, talking donkeys, right? And he said no. Then the Lord opened Balem's eyes and he saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with his sword, with his drawn sword in his hand, and he bowed his head and fell flat. On his face, And the Angel of the Lord said, no, why have you struck your donkey these three times? Behold, I have come out to stand against you, because your way is perverse before me. The donkey saw me and turned aside from me these three times. If she had not turned aside for me, surely I would also have killed you by now, and let her live. And Baylif said to the Angel of the Lord, I have sinned, for I do not know you stood in the way against me. Now, therefore, if it displeases you, I will turn back. He says, I'm afe. If I displease you, let me just go back. Please you know. Then the Angel of the Lord said to Baalim, go with the men, but only the word that I speak to you, that you shall speak. So Balem went with the princess of Balloch. Now, when Block heard that Bayleem was coming, he went out to meet and at the city of Moeb, which is on the border of Arnan, the border of the territory. Then Balloch said to Balem, did I not earnestly send you calling for you? Why did you not come to me? Am I not able to honor you? And Balem said to Block, look, I have come to you. Now I have have I any power at all to say anything? The word of God puts it in my mouth that I may I must speak. So Balem went with Bailik and they came to kajath Azuth. Then Bailick offered oxen and sheep, and he sent some of the Baylim and the princes who were with him. So there's just a lot of fascinating stuff that happened in this chapter right here or this little portion. So let me read what it says in uh the study guide. Bailey's been counter with the angel. Then God opened Balem's eyes to see the angel, who rebuked him from mistreating his donkey. Explained that the donkey had saved his life. Baalim confessed his sins and offered to return, but the angel instructed him to continue, but only speak what God would say. So now we have a Baalem's first prophecy is going to be. So it was the next day that Bailick took Balem and brought him to the high places of Bail, that from there he might observe the extent of the people ball right bail. That is, so he brought him to the high places of bail for that he might observe the extent of the people. So let's read what the study guide says here about that. When Balem met Bailick, he reinerated that he could only speak what God commanded, and they went to her Zath. In the verses twenty two through thirty, God was angry with Balim went sent an angel to oppose him. And just to let you guys know, the Angel of the Lord, which is capitalized, is the Messenger of the Lord. Some people believe, you know, if you believe in the Trinity, some people believe that that's Jesus in the Old Testament. Okay, some people don't, but some people do. And there's a lot of debates on that subject. So just letting you guys know that that could be that. The teaching points of this chapter is the fear of Israel. Baylik, the king of Moab, is terrified of the Israelites because of their numbers and their recent victories. He seeks to curse them through Balim, a renowned prophet. This highlights how the presence and power of God's people can instill fear in those who will oppose them. If everybody has faith, if everybody if everybody has faith in God, then you know, and and there was other people that were opposing them, then you would be in You'd be a force to reckon with right. God's sovereignty. Despite Balem's intentions, God is in control. He instructs Balem not to curse the Israelites because they are blessed. This demonstrates that God's blessing cannot be overturned by human schemes. Very true. Balem's dilemma. Balem is caught between obeying God and the temptation of wealth and honor offered by Bailik. His struggle reflects the tension between divine obedience and worldly desires. Yes, that's for sure. The talking Donkey. God opens the mouth of Balem's donkey to speak, revealing Balem's spiritual blindness. This miraculous event underscores God's ability to use any means to communicate his message. Very true and God's message through Balim. Despite Balem's initial intentions, God uses him to bless Israel instead of cursing. Thems that God's purposes will prevail regardless of human intentions. What are our practical applications we can get out of this chapter? Trust? In God's protection. Just as God protected Israel from Baalik's schemes, we can trust that He will protect us from the plans of those who seek to harm us. Trust in God's protection obedience over worldly gain. Baalim's story reminds us to prioritize obedience to God over the pursuit of wealth or honor awareness of spiritual blindness. We should be vigilant against spiritual blindness and remain open to God's guidance even if it comes from unexpected sources. God's sovereignty in our lives. Recognize that God can use any situation or person to fulfill his purpose in our lives, even when it seems unlikely. Yeah, even when it's a donkey okay, so very good stuff, very good stuff. A connection to additional scripture is God's protection is in Psalm's ninety one eleven. For he will command his angels concerning you, reguard you in all your ways. The angels will guide you in all your ways. That's really good. That's a really good verse. Obedience to God First Samuel fifteen twenty two. Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifice as much as in in baying the voice of the Lord, Behold, obedience is better than sacrifice. That is actually on that movie, how said David. I heard Samuel say that God's sovereignty Proverbs nineteen twenty one. Many plans are in a man's heart, but the purpose of the Lord will prevail. So true, so true. What a beautiful study we had. I love it, and I like this little Bible study guide that I have that helps me kind of explain everything to you guys. Comment below if you like that, or comment if you just want me to do my old start, my old style. I kind of like this because there's practical application, and there's some things that that I can bring out that I might not have been able to explain. So next week on Sunday service, we were going to be in Numbers twenty three. Next week in Wednesday service, we're going to be in Luke chapter one. Yes, amen, I'm gonna stop share screen and tell you that I appreciate you sticking with me. If you stay to the end, comment below on Spotify. Let's go, And I just want to tell everybody that's listening, I really I love you, I appreciate you, and I really really appreciate having this time, and I think this is a good study. I had the energy tonight. I felt great. I didn't have to work today, so it was a lot easier for me to do the study. I've actually had a few days off, praise God, to kind of rejuvenate and recuperate. Even though I am, you know, my wife is you know, in bed, and I'm taking care of the little ones. It's a little different kind of work, even though it's a lot of work. And I'm also doing homeschooling with my daughters. So what a blessing. I have my daughter Ario, she sits right next to me, and then I'm doing I got these these things to go over for her, you know. And I had to do a little activity book today. It was called Ariel's Fruit Book, and the whole book was like I see an apple, and then she would draw an apple and she would write icee an apple. And then I see an orange and then she would draw an orange and she put icy an orange and it would be an orange writing. And then she's only six, right, so she's in kindergarten. So just just a blessing to do stuff like that. Not used to doing that because my wife does the teaching because I'm always at work right so and let's it makes me appreciate what my wife does. And it also makes me appreciate the time that I have with my daughter during this week that I'm off. You know, so what a blessing. But everybody that's listening, thank you. There's something I'll shout out. It's a CEC silver. It's a cult conspiracy silver at their website. It's something that this guy Wayne, I was talking to him earlier. He was talking to me about it. He said a shout out on the show. So if you want to look into besting in silver and gold and all that, go to coecsilver dot com. So we have that. And then, also, like I always do, I'm gonna end this in prayer. So, Father God, in the name of Jesus, thank you so much for this glorious day. Thank you for this beautiful time that we have studying the Book of Numbers and what are an amazing battles. And you know all the obedience that that that we need to learn to do, you know we need to instill in our life. Lord, So help us all to do that, Help us to be obedient to your word, help us to when we when we have a situation arise, help us come to you first and pray, you know, put everything on the all so that you can handle it, because you know we can do nothing, but we could all. We could do all things through Christ, who strengthens us. We can do all things through you, You strengthen us, Lord, and we can do nothing. You know, we could try, you know, we could try as men to do stuff, but we really if we put it on your alter and put it in put it, we give it to you to take care of, it's so much better. And just help us to put these applications to use the stuff that we're learning in the Bible, the things we're learning in your word, Lord, to help us to apply it to our life. You know, knowledge is important, you know, for us to know all these things in the Bible, but to actually use it as wisdom and help everybody that's listening to have wisdom in their life and when they get, you know, when situations arise, help them Lord to be able to overcome those situations. But thank you for everything. Lord, We love you, we appreciate you. In Jesus' name, Amen, and you're shure the Michiak's name. Amen. Thank you so much for listening. I appreciate you guys. Looking forward to next week's show. Some really really deep, crazy battles happening and stuff and amazing. So looking forward to seeing you guys next week. Thank you so much for listening. We love you and God bless you.